Kristen looked around the backyard of her sisters' house as she put on her sunglasses.  Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her youngest nephew, D.J, bouncing the basketball with both of his hands.

"You bounce the ball with one hand you silly-willy."

"I know Aunty, but its more funnier this way!"

"More fun."  She corrected him.

"Huh?"  D.J held the ball in his hand as he looked at her confused.

"Its more fun, not more funnier."

"Ohh..."  D.J looked down to the ground than backed up at Kristen.  "Got it!"

Kristen laughed as he chased after the ball as it rolled out of his hands.

"Where is Bri?"

"On the computer." D.J huffed, making his way back towards the hoop with the basketball in his hands.

"Ahh, should of known....Mr. Ball got away from you huh?"

D.J grunted, hosting the basketball on his hip and placed his hand on his other hip.

"I'm not five Aunty, I'm eight!  He isn't Mr. Ball, it's a basketball!"

Kristen laughed, tossing her hands up in the air.

"Oh soorrrryyy."

"You're forgiven."

Kristen jaw dropped slightly as she shook her head in disbelief.  She covered her mouth with her hand to silence the giggles that were escaping from her mouth.

"Oh holy one, is it alright if I make a phone call?"

D.J nodded his head as he tossed the ball towards the hoop again.

"Uh huh."

"Why thank you for your permission."

Kristen raised her legs up to rest her feet on top of the wooden bench in front of her as she leaned back into the chair, her cell resting against her head as it rang.

"Hello?"

Kristen cringed over hearing the groggy voice over the phone.

"Did I wake you, sicky?"

"No no."  Brittney cleared her throat after coughing.  "I've been up for a bit."

"How you feeling?"

"A little bit better."

"Well it's the flu; it never lasts for a short period of time."

"I knowww."  Brittney whined.  "But I got it three days ago; the day after you left.  I know I wouldn't be better by now, but still not feeling this."

"Still throwing up?"

"Not as much."

"Well."  Kristen closed her eyes as she relaxed against the chair.  "That is an improvement."

"Yeah..."  Brittney sighed as she rolled onto her side.  "Still fever though, but has gone down."

"That's good...So minus all that how is everything?"

"Boring...Come home now."

Kristen laughed.

"I come home tomorrow silly."

"No; now.  It has been the worst four days of my life.  You are never aloud to leave me again.  I think I have been driving Lance insane."

"I've missed you too, bunches.  I promise I won't leave you for days ever again.  I can't deal it myself either."

"Good, Because I don't think I can do this you in whole different state miles away thing again."

"Me either....O yeah sooo I dyed my hair."

"Ouuuu!! What color!?" Brittney said excited.

"Like...dark dark dark brown, almost black..like soft black?  Hmm. OH!  Remember the color my hair was like last year around Christmas?"

"Hmm.."  Brittney looked up at the ceiling as she racked her brain. "I'm thinking...thinking..OH!  Yes yes I remember!  Ohhh that's my favorite color you have done."

"And I cut it."

"Ohhh how does it look now?"

"Chopyish, layers, a little past my shoulders."

"Like what you did to it two years ago?"

"Um..Acutally yeah just about the same.  Forgot about that one."

"Saweeettt." Brittney looked up when she heard the front door closed and smiled when she saw Lance walking into the room.  "Doing a whole new look?"

"Yeah.. new life, new look ya know?"

"Mhmm.." Brittney responded as she watched Lance walking over to her, placed a soft kiss on her forehead, and brushed her hair out of her face.

"Kristen?" Lance mouthed.

Brittney nodded her head and moved over a bit on the couch for Lance to sit down.

"I can't wait to see it.  I can picture it right now and I know it looks hot."

"Lance home?"

"Mmhmm.  He had some meetings with his company and all that."

"Let me talk to him."

Brittney gently handed Lance the phone.

"She wants to talk to you."

Lance smiled, placing the phone against his ear as he rested his other hand on Brittney's stomach, softly rubbing it.

"Hello munchkin; how are you?"

"Doing alright spiky.  Just hanging outside and thought I'd check up on the sick one."

Lance looked down at Brittney and gave her a soft smile.

"Yeah, the sick one is doing a bit better."  Lance leaned over resting the back of his hand against Brittney's forehead and sighed softly.

"Still has a fever but it feels like it has gone down a little."

"That's what she told me."  Kristen looked over to her side watching D.J shoot the basketball towards the hoop and watched it bounce off the rim.  "I miss you guys."

Lance rubbed Brittney's cheek gently with his thumb.

"We miss you too munchkin.  It really isn't the same without you here.  That and Brittney is going insane, damn."

Kristen laughed, crossing her ankles.

"That is what she told me; and it's the same on this side also."

"Well Brittney is giving me a look, seeming she wants to keep talking to you so I should give her back the phone.  See you in a couple of day's hun, take care."

"You too spiky, love ya."

"Love you too sweets."

Lance leaned over and kissed Brittney's cheek as he handed her back the phone.

"I'm going to make you some soup alright baby?" Lance pointed towards the kitchen.  Brittney nodded her head as she rolled to her side, laying he cell under her ear.

"Are you sureee I can't pick you up from the airport when you get home tomorrow night?"

"I do not you behind the wheel when you are sick."  Kristen ordered.  "You are staying on that couch and bed till you are better."  Kristen cranked her head to the side to side as she cracked her neck.  "And anyways, you know as well as I do that Lance wouldn't let you either."

"But but butttt."

"No buts."

"Fineee."

"Good.  Now, I am going to let you go and I want you to eat that soup Lance is making you and to rest so you get better a-s-a-p got it?"

"Yesss.  I can't wait till your home bestie; I've missed you like crazy."

"I can't wait either, I have missed you like crazy also."

"Love you."

"Love you too Britt, bye."

"Bye."

Kristen shut her phone and rested it on her leg as she looked up towards the sky before dialing another number.

"Cupcake!"

Kristen rolled her eyes laughing.

"Hello to you too Jell-O cup."

"J-e-l-l-oooo it's allivveee!"

"Oh my god Joey, never do that again."

Joey chuckled.

"How is it up in Chi-town?  Getting wasted?  Partying it up?  Hitting up the clubs?"

"Joey not everyone parties as much as you do."

Joey let out a snort.

"Okay okay I have partied it up with my sisters hitting up a bar."  Kristen confessed with a sigh.

"That's my girl!  What else have you done?  How are you doing?"

"Hanged with family, went to a White Sox game, we visited my Grandparents graves, just chilled enjoying the time off and away from everything."

"You didn't answer one of my questions, how are you doing?"

Kristen sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"Alright I guess, but this is just wanted I needed.  Time away, colleting myself, relax and stress free."

"You don't miss us?!" Joey pouted.

"Ahem Mr. Interrupter, I wasn't done; yes I miss you guys like crazy.  Coming from seeing your ass's everyday to this is just oh to much."  Kristen joked.  "What have you been doing on your break?"

"Sleeping, partying, ya' know how I roll baby."

"Sadly, I do."  Kristen said, shaking her head.

"I'm glad you are having a good time up there with your sisters and all that.  You really needed this time away, you sound a little bit more cheerful."

"Aunty Aunty Aunty!"

Kristen looked over the railing to see her youngest nephew, D.J, standing in front of her jumping up at down.

"Hold on a sec Joe," Kristen moved her cell away from her ear.  "Yeah Dalt?"

"I wanna go swimming with you! Please Please Pleasseee!"

Kristen nodded her head with a smile.

"Go change in your suit and I'll head in and change myself."

"Yayyy!"  D.J exclaimed, running up the desk steps and hurried into the house.  Kristen laughed, holding her cell back against her ear again.

"Sorry about that, hey can I call you back later or something?  My nephew wants me to go swimming with him."

"It's all good.  You're coming home soon right?"

"Yep I'll be home soon don't worry.  Love ya Joe."

"Love ya too cupcake.  Bye."

"Bye Jell-O."

Kristen flipped her cell closed and stood up and made her way into the house.  Kristen looked around her oldest sisters' house as she made her way towards the room she was saying it.  Joey is right.  Kristen said to herself as she stretched her arms over her head.  I really did need this getaway.

 

****

 

"So how is she doing?"  Lance asked as he sat down next to Brittney on the couch and handed her the bowl of soup he made her.

"Alright; she got her hair done."

"Like how?"

Brittney blew softly over her soap to cool it down.

"She dyed it and got it cut.  I can't wait to see it."

"Ahhh."  Lance sat back on the couch, draping his arm along the back of it.  "That is what you were talking about when I got home."

Brittney nodded as she took a small spoonful of the soup.

"She is sounding better....if you know what I mean."

"I know what you mean."  Brittney swallowed the small amount of soup in her mouth.  "She sounds...I dunno something I haven't heard in her voice since the whole break up with JC."  Brittney took a couple more spoonfuls of the soup before setting the bowl on the table and leaned against Lance as he wrapped his arm around her.

"How you feeling baby?"

Brittney closed her eyes as she snugged close to him.

"A little bit better, not really nausea anymore."

"Good."  Lance kissed the top of her head. "Let's hope you can keep this soap down, you need something in your body."

"How was the meeting?"

Lance picked up the blanket and wrapped it around her as he spoke.
"Went fine, paper work got done, phone calls made, papers signed, things got worked out, plans set, and everything that needed to get done was done."

Brittney nodded her head, wrapping both of her arms around his middle as he rubbed her shoulder.  Lance frowned when he felt all the knots in her shoulder.

"Hunny you're all up in knots."

"I know...my whole body is sore and what not."

Lance sat up straight against the back of the couch and spread his legs.

"Sit." Lance patted the couch between his legs.  Lance held onto her arms as she moved herself between his legs.  Lance placed his hands on her shoulders and gently massaged them.  "Jesus babe...Damn..." Lance said under his breath as he kept massaging her shoulders.  "How long has this been bothering you?"

"Since I've been sick...It's the flu Lance, everything hurts when you have the flu."

"I know but," Lance kept working on getting the knots out of her shoulders.  "You should have told me; I wouldn't of let it get this bad."

"Ahh..yeahh.."  Brittney tilted her head to the side.  "While my head in the bucket hacking up my insides I should of told you how sore my whole body was.  I'll keep that in mind next time."

Lance rolled his eyes as he rubbed the back of her neck.

"Smartass."

"Do you think they are going to get back together?"

"Who?"

"Kristen and JC."

Lance hands stopped and ran his arms down her arms until they rested on her thighs.

"I dunno darling, I don't know."

"I hope they do."

Lance wrapped his arms around her and leaned her back against him.

"I thought you hated Jace?"

"Oh, don't get me wrong."  Brittney rested her hands on top of his as she leaned her head against his shoulder.  "I do, oh boy don't I, but I mean...They are just to perfect for each other its so scary.  I mean I thought that Kristen would never get married, until her and JC got together."

Lanced looked at her.  "Really?"  He questioned.

Brittney shifted her eyes towards him.

"Um heelllooooo; I never thought a guy could tie that crazy girl down.  She is so stubborn to let people help her with anything; she speaks what is on her mind half the time; that mouth of hers..."

Lance chuckled, causing Brittney to stop talking and look at him.

"Sounds so much like someone else that I know."

Brittney rolled her eyes as she playfully elbowed him in the stomach.

"Ass."

Lance smiled as he kissed the side of Brittney's head before relaxing into the couch.

"Did Chris visit you while I was gone?"

"Mhm.  He brought me soup also.  He was over for about an hour and half till he said I had to go take a nap."

Lance softly rocked her side to side as he hummed against her ear.

"That's good.  Justin I think said is coming over tonight with Joey I believe."  Lance slid his arm under Brittney's legs and placed her on his lap, turning her sideways, his arms wrapped around her having her back leaning against one of his arms.  Brittney laid her head back against his shoulder as she got comfortable.

"Better?"

Brittney nodded, closing her eyes.

"Much...thanks."

"Mhmm."  Lance laid his head on top of hers as he rocked softly side to side, humming.

"Lance?"

"Mm?"

"Can you sing to me?"

Lance smiled and kissed her head.

"Mhm, anything particular?"

"Garth Brooks."

"Ahh the joys of dating a southern girl."  Lance laughed.  "Any particular song?"

Brittney shook her head.

"Hmmm...."  Lance hummed, thinking of a song to sing.  Lance lifted up his legs and rested them against the small table in front of them as he leaned down the couch a little.  Lance smirked as he thought of her perfect song.

"She's sun and rain, she's fire and ice.  A little crazy but it's nice, and when she gets mad, you best leave her alone 'cause she'll rage just like a river; then she'll beg you to forgive her.  She's every woman that I've ever known."  Lance sang in his deep bass voice.

Brittney poked his arm with her index finger.

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

"What? Of course not."  Lance said sarcastically, chuckling.

"Uh huh..."

"Every time I hear that song I think of you."

"Uh huh."

"I swear, he must have met you before he wrote that song."  Lance smirked.

"Right."  Brittney snuggled closer to him.  "Keep singing."

"Yes ma'am."  Lance poked her side softly as he cleared his throat and began singing the rest of the song.

"She's so New York and then L.A. and every town along the way.  She's every place that I've never been.  She's makin love on rainy nights, she's a stroll through Christmas lights and she's everything I want to do again.  It needs no explanation 'cause it all makes perfect sense; for when it comes down to temptation, she's on both sides of the fence."

Lance looked down at Brittney's face as he continued to sing to her.

"She's anything but typical, she's so unpredictable.  Oh but even at her worst she ain't that bad.  She's as real as real can be; and she's every fantasy.  Lord she's every lover that I've ever had and she's every lover that I've never had."

Lance smiled, seeing her asleep in his arms.  He carefully leaned her back, laying her on the couch and covered her up with the blanket.  He brushed her hair off her forehead as he leaned down and placed a kiss against her warm skin.

"Sweet dreams."  Lance whispered as he picked up the empty bowl and walked into the kitchen.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc justin christmas joey college lance