Kristen swatted Brittney's hand away from her hair.  Brittney laughed along with the guys as she started playing with Kristen's hair again while they waited for Johnny to come in the room.

"But it's so soft."

Kristen moved her head away from Brittney's hand.

"It's called showering and washing your hair.  Touch it again; I'll cut off your hand."

"Ohhh feisty."  Joey commented as Kristen felt her cell vibrate in her pocket.  Kristen flipped it open; her eyebrows burred with confusion as she read the text message from Chris.

Smile! You're on Chris's camera!

Kristen looked up at Chris, confused before looking back down and typing a response.

What the hell?

Kristen half-rolled her eyes as she heard soft chuckles coming from the other side of the table, from Chris and Justin, soon following her phone vibrating.

You seem sad.  We just want you to smile.

Kristen sighed as her fingers typed away.

Chris we had this talk last night.

Kristen kept staring at her phone, not bothering to look up when she heard the door open, knowing just whom it was.  Kristen softly tapped the keypad of her cell phone until it vibrating, flashing the new message across her screen.

I know I know.  Now Justin is begging to know what went on last night.

Kristen slightly jumped as her phone went off again, seeing she had a message from Justin.

What happened last night?

Kristen chewed on the inside of her cheek as she texted a reply back to Justin.

I just called Chris because I was bored and he started being like Brittney being all worried and everything.

Kristen quickly looked up, seeing that JC took the spot between Justin and Joey after walking in couple of minutes ago.

"Fuck you Joey."

Kristen looked up, not knowing what just happened, to find Brittney flicking off Joey while the others laughed.  Kristen slid her cell back in her pocket as Johnny and Tom walked into the room.  I really need to stop zoning out.

"Morning ladies and gentlemen."  Johnny said, taking a seat at the head of the table.  Kristen shifted slightly in her seat as Tom sat down in the seat next to her.

Kristen leaned her arm against the table, laying her head against it as she looked past the guys and at the wall while everyone grumbled out "Morning."

"So, we all know why we are here."  Johnny said, looking around the table as ever sat there, uneasy and quiet.

"Yep, because someone thought it be cool to- -"

Lance quickly covered Brittney's mouth before she could finish, giving her a stern look.

"To throw something at their girlfriend."  Kristen finished Brittney's sentence.  Everyone froze; their eyes falling on Kristen looked down at the table in front of her, her index finger grazing along the top of it.  Tom placed his hand on her back, rubbing it as he cleared his throat.

"Anyways, we are here to make a story to cover this up."

"Right."  Johnny added, shifting papers in his hands and laying them on the table.  JC's eyes kept looking at Kristen, slightly surprised by her outburst.  Joey glanced back from JC and Kristen and looked over at Johnny.

"So, have you come up with anything?"  Joey asked, breaking up the tension in the room.

"Well."  Tom looked up, at Johnny than back to everyone around the table.  Chris sat up in his seat and looked at Tom.

"How about we just say that they figured out they are better as friends than being as a couple?  I mean it's believable, she'll still be working here, hanging with us and all that so it won't look like a lie."  Chris quickly added interrupting Tom.  Johnny shrugged, tapping his pen against the table.  JC sat back against his chair, rubbing his fingers over his eyes.

"Isn't that what everyone says?"

"Not everyone Joey and I haven't seen you give out any ideas on the table."  Chris said with an outstretched arm.

"I'm okay with Chris idea."  Justin said.  "I mean he is right.  Kristen is still going to be hanging around with us, still working with us and all that so it won't look like we made shit up."

"Thank you glitter dancing boy."

Justin quickly turned to look at Chris.

"Glitter dancing boy!?"

"That's right." Chris smirked as he examined at his fingernails.  "I called you glitter dancing boy."

"Bearded lady."

Chris quickly turned his head to look at Justin before pouncing on top of him.  Johnny smacked his forehead with the palm of his hand as Justin and Chris fell to the floor, wrestling.

"Boys stop."  Johnny groaned as he rubbed his temples with his fingers.

"Take it back!"  Justin yelled as he and Chris were rolling around on the floor punching each other.

"No!"  Chris exclaimed.  "Glitter dancing boy!  Glitter dancing boy!"

"BEARDED LADY!  BEARDED LADY YOU'RE A DAMN BEARDED LADY!"

Brittney pulled out her cell phone and placed it to her ear, rolling her eyes.

"Mike?  You and another guard are needed in the meeting room.  The two idiots are at it again."

Brittney closed her phone and set it on the table as she leaned back against Lance's arm, watching Justin and Chris fight against each other.  Mike and Tony walked through the doors, rolling there eyes.

"Alright you two."  Mike grabbed Justin by his shirt and held him back.  Tony grabbed Chris and pulled him into his chair, forcing him to sit.

"Let me at him Mike!  He called me glitter dancing boy!"

Mike chuckled, pulling Justin to the other side of the table and pinning him down in a chair.

"Maybe if you weren't wearing those damn bandana's with glitter and gems all the time kid." Mike said, slowly letting go of Justin.  "If I have to get another call by Ms. Howard to get your ass, I'll make sure I call your momma."

"Ms. Howard?  Getting all professional on us now?  It's Brittney."  Joey said, laughing.

Justin shoved Mike's hands off him.

"You're lucky they came in here...I was so close to beating you to a pulp."

Chris rolled his eyes as he blew on his nails and rubbed them against his chest.

"Right little boy.  Keep telling yourself that."

"Old man."

"Enough."  Johnny piped in.  "Let's get this done so you can run off and get out of my hair."

Kristen lifted her head up from her arms, looking at Johnny.  "Can I please...go?...One of them can tell me what happens I just...need to go...I don't care what the outcome is."

Johnny looked over at Kristen with sympathy and nodded his head.

"Yeah dear that is fine.  See you at the end of the week?"

Kristen nodded as she stood up.  Brittney looked over at Johnny, shoving her stuff in her bag.

"Johnny is it alright I go with her out in the hallway till you guys are done?  Lance drove us."

Johnny nodded his head, lifting the papers back up in his hands.

"How about you show Kristen where her office is going to be?"

"Oooo."  Brittney said, standing up and gave Lance and affectionate kiss on his cheek.  "Where is it?"

"The office across from your desk."  Johnny looked over at the two girls over the papers in his hands.  "Which I'm having doubts on, knowing you two, on having your guys work space so close."

Brittney smiled as she took a hold of Kristen's hand and walked towards the door.

"You just know we are going to be in each others desk."

Johnny nodded with a smile on his face.

"Uh huh.  As long as you get the work done; I'll let it be, but if not, I'll chain you both to your desks."

Johnny looked over at JC after the girls walked out of the room.

"I had a feeling this was not going to go well with you two in the same room talking about this."

JC sighed, slouching lower in his chair.

"Hey Johnny and Tom," Lance said as he leaned over the table.  "Do we really need to make a statement on this at all?  How about we just don't say anything unless its brought up?"

"And than what would you say?"  Tom asked.

"That they are still friends."  Chris added.  Joey nodded his head.

"I get what Lance is saying; I like it."

"It makes it sound neutral so no one is bashing each other; Jace looks good; Kristen looks good."

"JC?"  Johnny asked, looking over at JC.

JC shrugged, his eyes not moving from looking at his shoes.

"That's fine."

"Alright than."  Johnny gave Tom a nod.  "Than that is what we are going to do."

"Can I leave?"  JC asked, looking up for the first time.  Johnny nodded his head.

"See you in a half in a half or whatever.  Bye guys."  JC said, getting up and leaving the room.  Johnny and Tom stood up, gathering their notes.

"Hey Johnny..." Lance said, standing up.

"Hm?"

"Uh, you know..the final idea of all this?  I mean...What if they get back together, ya know?  It would be stupid saying oh they decided to just be friends and than bam they are back together."

"Yeah."  Joey added.  "We talked about this last night and it just makes sense with us to do it this way."

"Whatever you guys want to do."  Johnny said as he made his way towards the door.

"Have a great break; don't get in trouble and I'll see you guys at the end of the week for the meeting with Jackson."

"Bye Johnny, Tom."  Justin said, popping up from his chair. Chris pushed Justin into the wall as he walked out into the hallway.

"Hey!" Justin exclaimed, gathering his balance back.

"Don't make me call Mike." Lance threatened as they walked down the hallway, Chris snickering.

"I'm not afraid of him."  Justin claimed, rubbing his shoulder.  "Man I think I'm going to have a bruise."

"Baby."  Chris teased, turning his head around his shoulder and sticking his tongue at him.

"Dude let them go, you know its entertaining....Uufh!"  Joey gathered back his stance after walking into Brittney, who was walking out of the bathroom.  Joey reached his arms out and steadied Brittney.

"Whoa there."

"Jesus Joey."  Brittney rubbed her arm. "Not looking or anything?"

"You just walked out of the bathroom into me...you not looking or anything?"  Joey mocked as he rubbed his chest.

"Basterd."

Lance wrapped his arm around Brittney's waist.

"Where's Kristen?"

Brittney pointed to the bathroom door she just came out of.

"Washing her face."

"Uhh..I know people wash their hands in there...but washing face...that's a new one to me."  Chris said with confusion written all over his face.

Brittney sighed, looking towards the floor.

"Um...She was crying.  We never went to see her new office; right after we walked into the hallway she broke down...It's like really hitting her of everything that is going on."  Brittney took a deep breath before letting it out slowly.  "You all know how she just hasn't really crying much since like the night it happen but she is always like this; just doesn't hit her till later, and it hits her hard....shaking...not able to breathe from crying so hard..."

Brittney head jerked up, seeing Chris open the bathroom door and hurried in.  Brittney leaned against Lance.

"Last time she was this distraught was during the whole John thing."

"You know, until like this whole thing; I totally believed she never cried."  Joey joked lightly; trying to lighten up the mood."

Brittney smiled softly and looked up at Joey.

"You know it was two and half years till I saw her cry for the first time?"

"Duddeee."  Justin said looking up from his feet.  "Two and half years?"

Brittney nodded her head.

"Yep, not counting like crying from laughing so hard because that's different."  Brittney looked back at the bathroom door than looked up at Lance before continuing.  "Thought I'd let you know we are going to Starbucks."

"Dude, do you guys always do Starbucks when you're upset?"

Brittney smiled.

"Yep babe."  Brittney looked around at Joey and Justin.  "You guys can come back to our apartment and we'll all chill and have Starbucks."

The three guy's nodded their head together as Brittney pulled out her cell phone, hitting a couple of buttons until she heard ringing noises in her ear.

"Mike my dear favorite guy of all; hope your arms are not sore because we have an errand for you to run for us."

 

***

 

Justin laid there on her bed watching Kristen dig in her closet.

"Dude, you have like an obsession with boots."

Kristen laughed, sitting back on her legs and looking over her shoulder at Justin.

"I do not."

Justin laughed, rolling off the bed, walked to her closet and pulled up another pair of boots.

"Right and this is like what, the seventh pair of boots I have seen in your closet."

"You're just jealous."  Kristen smirked, pulling the boot out of his hand and placing it back on her shoe rack.

"Oh yeah."  Justin snorted making his way back onto her bed.  "So jealous."

Justin laid there, watching Kristen pull out a couple of stuff from her closet for her to pack.  Justin started chewing on his bottom lip, thinking about three days ago on what happened during and after the meeting with Johnny and Tom.

"Hmmm...Should I bring this with me to Chicago or no?"

Justin jerked his head up, coming out of his thoughts as he saw Kristen holding up a sweatshirt.

"Uh, isn't it summer?  I mean it is August and all..."

"Yeah asshole, I meant for the airport or plane ride."

"Oh.." Justin chuckled.  "Yeah probably since you always get cold you wuss."

"I do not!"  Kristen threw her sweatshirt at him.  Justin smiled, tossing it towards her bag.

"Not my fault you are a wuss."

"I'll come over there and kick your ass Timberlick."

Justin watched her as she packed a couple more clothes into her bag.  Justin sighed, rolling onto his back.

"Sissy, how am I supposed to live with you not here?"

Kristen rolled her eyes, zipping up her bag.

"Jus, it is just going to be a couple of days staying with my sister..."

"I know I know."  Justin cut in, holding his hand up in the air.  "You need to get away and need some sister time, which I totally understand but for daayysss?"

"No wonder you don't have a girlfriend."  Kristen mumbled loudly with a smirk.  Justin quickly sat up and pointed a finger at her.

"I heard that!"

"I would hope so since I said it loud enough for you to hear dipshit."

"So cruel...so cruel."

"You love me."

"Yeah whatever."  Justin swung his legs over the side of her bed.  "But damn, seriously how many pairs of boots do you have?"

"And this is coming from the guy with five billion sneakers."

Justin threw his hands up in defeat than fell back onto his back on her bed.

"Fine fine."

Kristen jumped up on her bed, landing on her knees and looked down at Justin.

"I love boots what can I say, you can wear them with anything and they are cute.  Fuzzy, soft, leather, hell they can make an outfit!"

Justin rolled his eyes and tucked his arms under his head.

"Uh huh."

Kristen playfully punched Justin in the arm.

"Ass."

Justin chuckled, rubbing the spot on his arm where she punched him.

"Ahh did I hurt little Justy-wusty?"

"No, your damn ring got me."

Kristen smiled, moving around on the bed and laid her head on his stomach.  Justin looked down at her.

"Do I look like a pillow to you?"

"Yep." Kristen moved a little to get a bit more comfortable.  "You could use a little more fat to soften it up, it's to hard."

Justin laughed, tucking his arms under his head again.

"I'm, oh so sorry.  Anything for you to be comfortable is my job."

"That's right, and stop laughing my head is flopping around."

"HA!"

Kristen smacked his leg.

"I hate you."

"Love you too sissy."  Justin tilted his head side to side to crack his neck.  "So Brittney is taking you to the airport tomorrow?"

Kristen nodded, looking up to the ceiling.

"Yeah in the morning than I'm off to Chicago to be with my sisters for a bit.  I guess Brittney is going to start moving her stuff out of the apartment and into Lance's since she is going to stay there while I'm gone."

"Ahh....than when you get back?"

"Finish packing everything in here and move out in couple days after I get back.  God I hate packing.  Be ready for boxes and boxes."

"Pshhh, who said I was helping you?"

"Me.  All of you guys are."

"I never signed anything about that."

"To bad."  Kristen turned her neck and smiled at him.  "You will be if you like it or not...Or...I'll just send that lovely picture I have of you wearing a face mask from one of our J&K nights..."

Justin gasped slightly and looked down at her.

"You wouldn't."

Kristen smirked, with a slight of evil on her face.

"Oh....I would."

"Damnit..." Justin mumbled under his breath.

"Ahh...blackmail."  Kristen held her hands in the air, cracking her knuckles before setting them on top of her stomach. "Gotta love it."

"You have blackmail on everyone, don't you?"

Kristen smiled, examining the paint on her nails.

"Not my fault on that one; that is allll your guys fault."

Justin groaned, moving his body out from underneath her, causing her head to flop onto the bed.

"What the hell."

Justin smiled innocently as he rolled off the bed.

"I'm hungry."

Kristen sat up, rubbing the back of her neck and looked at him as if he had two heads.

"We had pizza like, over an hour ago."

"So?  I'm a growing boy!"

Kristen stood up, padding his stomach than walked out of her room.

"Calm down Pinocchio, look in the cabinets and fridge to find something."

Justin brushed passed her and into the kitchen and started looking around in the fridge.  Kristen eyed his suspiciously, as she plopped onto the couch, pulling her legs up underneath her.

"I swear, you and Joey eat all of Brittney's and I food."

Justin smiled, plopping next to her on the couch shoving chips in his mouth, dropping the bag on his lap.  Kristen rubbed the top of Justin's head with her hand.

"When you shaving this disaster off?"

Justin swatted her hands away than ran his hands over the top of his head as he tried to control the fro.

"Don't touch."  Justin whined, trying to fix his curls.  Kristen rolled her eyes, slightly kicking him with a smirk on her lips.

"Curl number fifty is out of place, you might want to fix that."

"Fuck you."  Justin slightly shoved her

"You wish." Kristen slightly shoved back.  Justin watched her carefully as he placed the bag of chips back on her lap and placing another chip in his mouth, his eyes not leaving her face.

"What?  You think I'm going to steal a chip or something?"

"Yes."

"My chips anyways idiot."

"Whatever." Justin mumbled, his mouth full of crunched up chips.  Kristen crinkled up her face with a disgusting look.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, that's sick."

Justin smiled widely before swallowing the food that was in his mouth.  Kristen shook her head, smiling as she licked her lips, tasting the cheery Chap Stick that she applied minutes before.

"Excited to see your sisters?"

Kristen turned on the TV and flipping through some channels.

"Of course.  I always am."

"Do they uhh..know..?"

Kristen looked at Justin out of the corner of her eye before giving her attention back to the TV.

"Know what?"

"The whole uh..um.." Justin rubbed the back of his head as he looked down at the floor.  "The um...whole JC thing and what happen?"

Kristen swallowed slowly, nodding her head as she chewed on her bottom lip.

"Uh huh."

"And...?"

"And what Jus?"  Kristen looked at Justin briefly as she changed the channel on the TV again.  "If you're asking how they reaction, they flipped; they were in shocked; they didn't want to believe it; they threaten to come down and kick his ass; Gene threaten to kill him."

"Damn."  Justin whistled softly.  "You could speak any faster?"  He chuckled.  "You just spoke all that in like five seconds."

"At lest it doesn't take me five minutes to spit out ‘the um whole uh like the whole JC thing'" Kristen mocked him, smirking.  Justin shook his head laughing as he continued to eat the bag of chips on his lap.

"Chris is right."

"About what?"

"That mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble someday."

Kristen smiled brightly as she tossed the TV remote on the coffee table in front of her.

"Yeah and getting any crap on this couch from the chips is going to get your ass in trouble."

Justin laughed as she shifted around on the couch.

"Yeah yeah yeah don't worry I wont."

"Good."

"Got everything packed?"

"What are you, my dad?"

Justin wiggled his eyebrows.

"Some girls call me daddy."

Kristen burst out laughing.

"You wish!" She choked out.

Justin elbowed her in the side as he laughed along with her.

"I don't have to wish baby."

"Riiigghhtt.  Keep dreaming...glitter dancing boy."

Justin jaw dropped as he instantly stopped laughing and looked at her.

"Bitch."

Kristen smiled, stretching her arms over her head before resting them alone the back of the couch.

"And you love it baby, and you love it."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc justin christmas joey college lance