Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving hoilday! <3 =]

 

Mike stood there with his arms crossed over his chest, chuckling to himself with the view in front of him.  Chris, Kristen and Justin sat on one side of the isle of seats; Kristen's head on Chris's shoulder, His head on top of Kristen's as Justin's head was against her shoulder with Lance, Brittney and JC sitting across from them in the same position minus JC, who was sitting there reading a part of the newspaper.

"If I remember correctly, someone told me there would be no hangovers this morning."  Lonnie joked as he walked up to them and handed them each what they asked Lonnie to get from Starbucks.

Kristen held her hand up to silence Lonnie.

"Shut up shut up shut up.  We also got no sleep last night so shove it."

Lonnie laughed, placing her cup in her hand.

"None?"

Kristen opened one of her eye halfway and looked at Lonnie.

"Did I stutter?"

Lonnie and Mike bother snickered as JC looked over the top of his newspaper at all of his friends.  Lance pulled his hat further down over his face to block out the light and snuggled closer to Brittney.  JC ran his teeth over his bottom lip and lifted the paper back up to cover his face as he went back to the story he was reading before, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Flight 1920 to Orlando, Florida is now boarding."

Justin groaned as he slowly moved off Kristen's side and stood up with everyone else.  Justin held his arms out toward Mike.

"Carry me."

Mike dropped Justin's bang in Justin's hands.

"Dream on superstar; sleep on the plane."

Justin dragged his legs as he walked up behind Kristen, waiting to hand the ticket assistant their boarding pass.

"Do we reallllly have to take a plane?"  Kristen whined, leaning her head against Chris's back.

"Uh huh." Chris took back his boarding pass as Kristen handed the assistant hers.

"Have a great flight."

Kristen took her ticket and shoved it in her bag.

"Easy for you to say."  She mumbled under her breath.  Chris laughed; grabbing her by her wrist as Justin slightly pushed her down the walkway towards the plane.  Justin quickly placed his hand over Kristen's mouth before she could respond to the flight attendant and pushed her down the isle.  Brittney looked up from her phone as she turned it off and smirked.

"She talked back didn't she?"

"Uh huh."  Justin responded, plopping down next to Joey in the row behind Chris and Kristen.  "Yo Chris, get me a blanket will ya man?"

"Lazy ass."  Chris grabbed a blanket out of overhead and tossed it at Justin's head before pulling one out for himself and sitting down in his seat.

"This is going to be the worst seven hour flight ever."  Kristen said, wiggling around in her seat to get comfortable.

"Ahh, and that we're here to prove you wrong."  Chris said, pulling a small box out of his carry on and waving it in the air.

"What's that?"

"Some nice meds to calm you down and get some sleep on the plane."

Kristen raised a brow, giving him a look.

"Are you drugging me up?"

Chris smiled wide and he opened the box and pulled out a pill.

"Yes my darling."  Chris looked up and waved for an attendant.  "Ma'am can you please get her a bottle of water so she can take her pills?"

The attendant nodded her head with a smile and walked towards the back of the plane.

"Could you of said it in a better way?  Now I sound like I'm crazy or something."

Chris laughed and thanked the attendant when she handed him a bottle of water and opened it.

"Take it."  Chris placed the pill in her hand and handed her the bottle of water.  Kristen sighed as she took the pill and swallowed the water.

"Good girl."  Chris unfolded the blanket and laid it across the both of them.  "Soon you'll be knocked out like everyone else and you'll thank us later."

"Uh huh..."  Kristen said, laying her head against Chris's shoulder, closing her eyes.  Chris moved down in his seat a bit and laid his head on top of Kristen's.  Kristen wrapped her arms around Chris's arm as he yawned.

"Night mini me."

"Night big me."

 

****

 

Kristen dropped her bags onto the floor before walking towards the couch and falling face down on top of it.

"Home sweet home, how have I missed you so."

Brittney laughed, setting her bags on the ground and stretched her arms over her head.

"Everything seems to be where we left it."  Brittney said as she looked around the room.  Kristen mumbled, nodding her head, her face plastered into the pillow.  Brittney stopped in her tracks and turned slowly to look at Kristen.

"Oh yeah, since I so know how to talk pillow smashing in your face talk, I sooo understand what the fuck you just said."

Kristen groaned, flipping over onto her stomach with her eyes closed.

"Smartass.  I SAID it better be or I'd woop some ass."

Brittney dropped her body down into the lazy boy next to the couch and closed her eyes.

"Lance and you going out later?"

Brittney nodded her head, opening her eyes and looking at Kristen.

"You can come with us also if you'd like.  We are thinking of dinner and maybe a movie or something; something down low, casual and relaxing."

"Oh yeah, like going anywhere with them is down low."  Kristen slid her arms behind her head.  "And nah, you two go out and have fun.  You two really haven't had any together time so go enjoy it before madness starts."

"Are you sure?"

Kristen nodded her head, yawning.

"Uh huh.  I'll probably just sleep."

"Are you sure you want to - -"

"I'll call one of the guys to come over if I need someone here and won't want to be alone."  Kristen butted in.

"Alright than....What you going to do about dinner?"

Kristen tilted her head back, looking at Brittney.

"Since when did you become my mom?"

Brittney rubbed her face with her hands.

"I'm just looking out for you Kris.  Since the uh..umm.. the...uh break up...You're not really taking care of yourself, I mean you are but not like 100%."

Kristen raised a brow, looking at Brittney to continue.  Brittney sighed.

"You know what I mean.  You haven't been eating well, you're not sleeping well, you're not taking good care of yourself.  Not trying to sound bitchy or anything but I can see you lost some weight."  Brittney pointed her finger at her.  "And don't deny it, the guys see it also.  I know you are going through a really hard time Kris, but please take care of yourself.  Do you remember what happened last time?"

Kristen sighed, pulling a pillow over her face.

"Yes Brittney I remember.  I'm not going to starve myself to death or anything.  I've just lost my appetite, you have before.  I'm 22 years old, will be 23 in a couple of weeks; I can take care of myself."

"I know, I'm just trying to help.  We still have the number to the councilor you went to just incase..."

Kristen groaned, stopping Brittney from what she was going to say next.

"I'm. A. O. K.  It's called a heartbreak.  You have been on the same boat Britt.  I won't try and kill myself, I won't try to hurt myself, and I won't try and starve myself."

"I'm just looking out for you."

"No, you're mothering me."  Kristen tossed the pillow that she had over her face to the other side of the couch in frustration.  "Really Brittney.  You can leave me alone for a couple of hours.  Hell you can spend the night at Lance's place and I'll be okay.  If I need someone to come over or whatever I'll call one of the guys, I told you that already."

Brittney sighed, standing up and walking towards her bedroom.

"Fine.  I'm going to go take a little nap, unpack some things and than take a shower before Lance gets here.  Just let him in if I'm not out."

"Nah."  Kristen picked up the TV remote and switched it on.  "I'll make him stand outside the door."

Brittney rolled her eyes at Kristen's sarcasticness as she closed her bedroom door.

"Smartass."

Kristen flipped through the channels on the TV.  Kristen groaned, feeling like she pushed the channel button for the ten billionth time.

"Come on....There has to be something good on TV."

Giving up, she changed it to ESPN and set the remote next to her.  Kristen rolled to her side, snuggling against the pillow under her head and closed her eyes as the sounds from the TV faded in the background, falling asleep.

 

 

Kristen moaned, rubbing her eyes as the sound of knocking woke her from her nap.  She laid there, waiting to see if Brittney would get it.  Sighing, as another knock was heard, getting the hint that Brittney didn't hear it, she dragged herself off the couch and sluggishly made her way towards the door.  She went on her tiptoes to look through the peephole and opened the door.

Lance laughed, Kristen opening the door open wider for him to walk in.

"I wake you?"

Kristen nodded, covering her mouth with her hand as she yawned.

"Sorry.  Did you finish unpacking?"  Lance asked as he pulled her into a hug.  Kristen shook her head no, as she hugged him back.

"All I have done is taken a nap.  I'll maybe unpack later or something.  I dunno, I'll see. You?"

Lance nodded. "All unpacked."

"You're crazy."  Kristen pointed towards Brittney's bedroom.  "She's in there, just go on in."

"She is probably still getting ready, I'll wait."

"Pshhh."  Kristen waved her hand as she walked towards Brittney's bedroom.  "Just walk on in, I do all the time."  Kristen yanked opened Brittney's door.  "Yo, your boy toy is here."

"Uh, thanks Kristen."  Lance chuckled as he walked into Brittney's bedroom and leaned against the doorframe.  "Hey babe."

Brittney stood there, shaking her head as she pulled her hair up in a ponytail.

"Hey hun."

"So you two really just barge into each others rooms?"

"Yep."  Brittney smiled as she walked over and gave him a quick kiss before walking to the other side of her room.

"You two are...no words to describe."  Lance looked over his shoulder, seeing Kristen laid out on the couch watching TV and turned back to Brittney.  Lance pushed himself off the doorframe and walked over to Brittney.

"How she doing?"  He whispered.  Brittney looked around him before catching his eyes with hers.  "The same.  We got into an argument this afternoon."

Lance brushed her bangs out of her face.

"Over what?"

Brittney sighed as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"How I'm "mothering her" as she calls it.  I was telling her on to eat and not to do anything stupid and was asking if she wanted to join us so she wasn't alone blablabla."

"Ahhh, I see."

"Yeah."  Brittney reached over and grabbed her purse.  "I'm just looking out for her ya know?  I don't want to come back and find out she like cut herself or tried to kill herself or anything."

Lance placed his hands on Brittney's shoulders to look at her.

"Hunny, I don't think she would cut nor do anything to hurt herself.  She's a big girl."

"You never know.  I mean if we never told you about all that stuff, I bet you would of never guessed she ever did that years ago."

"Well, no.  But she has changed since than, right?"

"Yeah...and?"

"She'd be stupid to try any of that shit because you and all of the guys would be pissed as hell at her over it."

Brittney sighed, hosting up her purse on her shoulder.

"Yeah....but."

Lance placed his hand over her mouth.

"No buts.  She would be stupid as hell to try to pull any of that shit, or to starve herself.  Give her some space; you were the one that even said that if I remember correctly, am I right?"

Brittney nodded her head.

"Thank you.  I know you are worried about her, all of us are.  All she needs is a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen.  Sooner or later everything will be back to normal."  Lance pulled his hand off her mouth and took her hand.  "Ready?"

"Why do you have to be so damn smart."  Brittney said, pulling on his arm behind her as she walked out of the room.  Lance chuckled.

"You love me for it."

"Yeah yeah yeahhh."  Brittney turned to look at Kristen.  "We're off.  I have my cell if you need me and so does Lance."

"I'm not five years old Brittney.  I swear to god if you call me at all to check up on me I will fucking kill you."

"ANYWAYS; be good.  Love you, see you later."

Kristen nodded, her eyes never leaving the TV screen.
"Love ya too.  Have fun.  Bye Lance, love ya."

"Love you too dear, bye."

Kristen weakly waved as they both walked out of the door.  Kristen let out a breath, rolling onto her back and stretching out.

"Ahhhh. Peace and quiet and all aalloonnneee."

Kristen looked over at her suitcase, still sitting against the wall.

"I guess I should put them away...or at lest put it in my room...."  Kristen chewed on her bottom lip. "Nahhhh."

Kristen tapped her foot softly against the leather of the couch as she looked around the apartment.

"Wow...This is boring.."

Her eyes fell back onto the TV screen, yawning, watching a Victoria Secret commercial.  Quickly grabbing the pillow by her foot, she lighted her leg up and took the pillow that she had between her toes and placed it behind her head as she shifted her body around on the couch to get comfortable.  Once she settled against the cool leather, her eyes once again slowly closed as she drifted off.

 

Kristen quickly raised her hand and set it against her cheek as it stung.

"Want to talk back to me again?"

Kristen rubbed her cheek softly with her fingers, shaking her head no.  John quickly grabbed her jaw with his hand and forced her to look at him.
"I told you darling that your mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble; you should listen."

Kristen bit the skin on the inside of her cheek to hold back the words she wanted to say, and just nodded her head instead.

"Good."  John shoved her head to the side, letting go of her chin.  "Now make me something to eat."

Kristen rolled her eyes, shoving his hand away only to find herself behind smacked against the wall behind her, feeling a wave of pain running up and down her spine.

"What the hell did I tell you?"  Kristen winced as she felt pain of his hand twisting her arm.  "Don't you fucking listen?"

Kristen eyes watched as John drew his arm back, his hand making contact against her jaw.

Kristen sat up quickly, gasping for air as her eyes fluttered open.  Franticly, she looked around to find herself sitting on the couch in the living room in her apartment.  Kristen ran her fingers along her forehead, wiping the sweat that formed against her hairline.

"Oh my god." Kristen mumbled under her breathe, placing her hand over her chest, feeling her heart thumbing hard against her chest.  She slightly jumped at a faint sound of a door closing.

"It's just a neighbor front door...calm down."  Roughly, Kristen rubbed her face with her hands before looking around the room once more until her eyes landed on the digital clock on the TV.

"1:30 A.M." Kristen whispered and looked Brittney's room, seeing that the bedroom door was still opened.  "And she is still not home..."  Kristen looked down at her shaking hands that laid across her lap.  She is probably staying at Lance's...calm down...calm down..  Kristen told herself as she picked up her cell phone and scrolled down her contact list.  No...can't call Brittney freaking out...She'll never leave my side... Kristen fell back against the couch and dropped her cell phone on her stomach.  Can't call one of the guys, they'll tell Brittney...

"Ughh."  Kristen groaned, flipping back over to her side and looking at the TV.

"This sucks..." Kristen mumbled to herself as she rubbed her face again with her fingers.  "It was just a dream...Just a dream...He's locked up no need to worry...Just a damn dream Kristen calm the fuck down."

Kristen looked around and gave up, reaching for her phone and hitting the call button.  Kristen shoved the pillow behind her head as she placed her cell against her ear listening to it ring.

"Hello Mini Me."

"Did I wake you?"

"Nope."  Chris rolled to his side.  "What's wrong?  You sound freaked out."

Kristen smacked her forehead with her hand as she racked her brain for an excuse.

"Uh yeah yeah, totally fine I just scared myself.  You know how I do that all the time; scaring myself."

"Oh dear god."  Chris laughed.  "I don't know anyone else that can scare themselves so easily like you."

"Ha...yeah..I'm just that special."

"Righhttt."  Chris squeaked out while stretching.  "What is the reason I get this lovely calling?"

"Do I have to have a reason to call to talk to my Big Me?"

"Well I am that amazing and all."

"Calm down ego boy, I didn't say anything about being amazing....I'm just..uh bored."

"Brittney out with Lance eh?"

Kristen sighed as she rubbed her forehead with her middle and index finger.

"You'd think they be sick of each other after being stuck together every day for the past summer...I mean seriously."

Chris laughed, rolling over onto his back.

"And you're not sick of me?"

"I said I was bored."

"Love you too Krissy, love you too."  Chris yawned.  "Did you finish unpacking?"

"I didn't even start."

"You're worse than us.  That is sad."

"I took a nap right we got home, than was rudely woken up by Lance by knocking on the door, than fell back asleep until about ten minutes before calling you."

"Are you alright?"

Kristen pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Don't start."

Chris crinkled her forehead in confusion as he flipped his phone to his other ear.

"What?"

"Don't be like Brittney."

"Uhh?"

Kristen sighed.

"Brittney and I got into an argument this afternoon because she was just, being all fucking all over me ya know?  She was going over on what am I eating for dinner, what - -"

"What did you eat for dinner?"  Chris butted in.

"Oh my god..."

"Did you eat?"

Kristen bit her bottom lip hard.

"No, if you remember before; I told you I've been sleeping and anyways, we don't have any food here.  We cleared it all before we left on the tour, remember?"

"Kristen you need to eat."

"ANYWAYS; I told Brittney not to be my mother and I know I need to eat and she went on how I better not cut myself or try to kill myself or anything....and"

Chris interrupted her again with worry in his voice.

"You're not thinking about doing any of that...are you?"

"I'm going to hang up on you."

"Sorry...But I'm serious...have...you?"

Kristen groaned as she fought against throwing her cell against the wall.

"No. N.O. No no no.  Lord, anyways as I was saying; she was going on about all that and that she still has the number for the councilor I went to after John shit and all that, I mean really; I'm twenty-two years old I can take care of myself.  I'm not that stupid anymore to try and cut myself or kill myself."

"We're just looking out for you Krissy that is all.  She is worried about you.  You have not been sleeping or eating well.  Sweetie, we know you are going through a hard time and all but remember you are not alone.  We are here for you; we don't want you to get sick or anything."

Kristen sighed, slightly annoyed.

"I know, I just wish you all would trust me.  It is called heartbreak."

Chris sighed lightly into the phone.

"I know hunny, I know."

"I'm sorry."  Kristen quickly said.

"Nah, don't be.  I would probably snap at people if I was in your shoes also."

Kristen stood up.

"Well I'll let you go.  I can hear the tiredness in your voice.  I'll see you tomorrow for the meeting."

"You sure you're alright?"

"I'm going to kill you."

Chris chuckled.

"Alright; bring it mini me.  I'll be waiting for you it tomorrow."

"Oh just wait and see."  Kristen swung her legs over the side of the couch.  "Love you."

"Love you too hun, sweet dreams.  See you tomorrow."
"You too, bye."

"Bye."

Kristen stood up, flipping her phone closed as she walked towards her bags and grabbing one in each of her hands.  She walked towards her bedroom and dropped her bags on the floor before closing the door behind her.  Tossing her cell on the nightstand next to her bed, she collapsed onto her bed, sliding under her covers and snuggling close to her pillow and sighed.  Kristen laid there, trying to clear her mind from the uneasy feeling she was feeling in the pit of her stomach.  She hadn't had that dream about that night for about a year.  She flopped onto her back, looking up at the ceiling as she thought about that night.  Kristen thought over the pros and cons on if to tell Brittney or not.  She knew she should, but knew how Brittney would be once she told her.  Kristen sighed as she ran her hand over her face.

"Why can't life be simple."

 

***

 

Kristen sat at the table slowly sipping her cup of orange juice as she read the sports section in the newspaper.  Her eyes slowly looked up as she heard shuffling of feet against the tile floor.

"Morning."

Brittney bumped her hip against the fridge door with the container of orange juice in her hand.

"Morning.  Sleep well?"

Kristen shrugged as she looked back towards the paper.

"I was up and down.  Over all, it was okay.  What time did you get back home?"

Brittney shrugged, pouring the orange juice in a glass.

"Around 2 or so."

Kristen nodded before looking back up to see Lance, in just boxers, walking into the kitchen rubbing his eyes.

"Morning Lance."  Kristen said, causing Lance to stop in his track and look down at her.  Kristen gazed her eyes back and forth between Brittney and Lance before stopping at Lance again.  Kristen smirked.  "Good night I'm guessing."

"Uh, I uh didn't think you'd be up this early."

"Surprise."

Lance stood there, running his hands through his hair.

"I'll uh, go put on some clothes..."

Kristen laughed, placing the paper on the table.

"I've seen you in your boxers many times.  I do not care."

Brittney handed Lance a glass of orange juice as they exchanged kisses.

"Morning hun."

"Good morning babe."  Lance said before taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Thanks for not waking me when you two were going at it last night when you got back."

Brittney quickly turned around and looked at Kristen.

"Shit...We woke you?"

"Nope."  Kristen laughed.  "Thanks for letting me know you two were going at it last night now."

"Damnit."  Brittney moaned as Lance chuckled.

"Nice one babe."  Lance rubbed her arm as she finished his orange juice.  "Is it okay if I take a shower?"

Kristen shrugged.

"I don't care, just don't wack off in our shower and we'll be good."

Lance choked on his spit as Brittney turned around and spat out her orange juice.  Kristen smirked, taking a sip from her glass.

"KRISTEN!"  Brittney exclaimed.

Kristen smirked, putting her glass on the table.

"What?"

"You are horrible."  Brittney shook her head as she turned Lance around.  "And yes babe you can use our shower."

Kristen sat at the table, chewing on her bottom lip until she heard the bathroom door close and the shower water start running.

"If I tell you something, will you promise not to freak out?"

Brittney leaned back against the counter and crossed her arms.

"What happen?!"

"Promise me."

"I'm not going to promise on something I might break."

Kristen sighed, resting her elbows on the table in front of her and resting her face in her hands.

"I had that dream again."

Brittney shifted her weight to her other foot.

"What dream?"

"The one...with John.." Kristen mumbled into her hands.

Brittney quickly dropped her arms.

"Are you serious?!"

"Britt...."

Brittney grabbed the chair, yanked in towards Kristen, and sat down.

"Don't ‘Britt' me; this is serious."

Kristen groaned.

"It's not serious.  I knew I shouldn't have told you."

Kristen scooted back in her chair but stopped with Brittney grabbed her arm.

"You weren't going to tell me?"

Kristen looked over towards Brittney.

"Almost no because I knew how you would react and it isn't that serious; it's just a dream."

"A dream, might I add that you haven't had in over a year of a memory of that asshole beating you."

Kristen threw her arms on the table and laid her head on top of them.

"Can we not talk about it please?  It was just a dream, nothing more, nothing to worry about."

Brittney leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs.

"If you say so."

"I know so."

"Alright than."  Brittney pushed back her chair and stood up.  "Sounds like Lance is out of the shower.  I'm going to go take one and get ready."  Brittney patted her best friends arm and walked out of the room.  Kristen stood up, setting her glass in the sink and walked out to the living room and sat down on the couch.  Reaching over for the remote, she turned on the TV and flipped channel to channel. Kristen placed her elbow on her knee, sitting Indian style and rested her chin in the palm of her hand as she kept flipping through channels.  Her eyes stayed on the TV screen as Lance sat down on the couch next to her.

"What you doing?"

"Exercising my fingers."

"Ha-ha." Lance said dryly, running his hand threw his damp hair.

"Just trying to find something good to watch while Brittney showers."

Lance placed his hand over her knee and gave her a gently squeeze.

"You doing okay?"

Kristen raised her hand with the remote in her hand.

"I'm going to hit the next person that asks me that question.  Do I really look that bad?"

"Sorry....No you don't; it's just we know you are hurting and we want to make sure your okay."

Kristen tossed the remote on his lap.

"I give up, you find something good."

Lance chuckled as he picked up the remote.

"Be careful where you throw that."

"Oh yeah, don't want to mess up those goods.  Brittney would kill me."  Kristen snickered.  Lance picked up the pillow on the other side of him and playfully hit Kristen with it.  Kristen laughed, grabbing the pillow out of his hands and laid it against the armrest before lying down, resting her legs on top of his lap.

"I'm worried about this meeting."

Lance rested his arms on top of her legs as he changed the channel once more on the TV.

"There is nothing to worry about; Johnny knows what he is doing."

"Easy for you to say...this has nothing to do with you."

Lance turned off the TV and looked back at Kristen.

"What you mean this has nothing to do with me?  This has to do with you and JC, when it evolves you or him, of course, it will evolve me if you like it or not.  Even if JC wasn't even evolved with this meeting and it was just you, it has to do with me, sorry kiddo."  Lance smiled, patting her leg before he continued.  "They will think of something that won't make you look bad so hopefully the paps won't tear you into shreds or anything.  I know how brutal they can be and last thing we need is them attacking you or anything."

"Yeah..."

Lance took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"Everything will be okay, don't worry."

"What if..."

"No what if's."  Lance interrupted.

"But.."

"No buts."

Lance hushed her as Kristen opened her mouth to speak.

"Have a little faith."

Kristen nodded her head, resting her hands on top of her stomach.

"Yeah..faith."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc justin christmas joey college lance