One Day at a Time by PopDiva
Summary: Joey has never been described as being predictable, but even he is surprised when he proposes to his friend Robyn—and she says “yes”. Fast forward three days and the newlyweds are on their short honeymoon in Vegas after their clandestine wedding. But do things that happen in Vegas really stay in Vegas? Is this going to be a case of marrying in haste and repenting at leisure? How long before they crack?

This is a prequel to my Christmas short “Under My Tree” (http://nsyncfiction.net/nsyncfiction/viewstory.php?sid=623)
and explains how Joey and Robyn got together.
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, Joey Fatone
Awards: None
Genres: Humor, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 11062 Read: 11576 Published: May 25, 2008 Updated: May 25, 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Prologue: Thursday Morning. by PopDiva

2. Monday Morning. by PopDiva

3. Monday Evening by PopDiva

4. Tuesday Morning. by PopDiva

5. Tuesday Evening by PopDiva

6. Wednesday by PopDiva

7. Thursday Morning by PopDiva

8. Thursday Afternoon by PopDiva

9. Thursday Evening by PopDiva

10. Friday Morning by PopDiva

Prologue: Thursday Morning. by PopDiva
Thursday Morning
    A slow, satisfied smile spread across Joey's face as he reached out to tuck a loose strand of hair behind his bride's ear.  He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and felt rewarded when she sighed and snuggled her head tighter into his bare chest.  He enjoyed everything about having her in his arms, the warmth of her breath on his skin, the way she smelled, the way she seemed so small and yet fit perfectly in his embrace; there was no way he'd ever get tired of holding her like this.
 
    He still couldn't believe they had actually gone and done it.  Gotten married, eloped, tied the knot, been hitched.  It had started when they were both slightly inebriated talking in a bar on Sunday night.  Who knew that conversation a few days ago would bring them together here?  Joe wasn't complaining; he just couldn't believe it had all happened and happened so fast.

Monday Morning. by PopDiva
Author's Notes:
Check the headings for day/time of day information.  It will go back and forth for a bit.  Let me know if you think of a better way to do that.  I'm open to suggestions!
Monday Morning

    Joe was sitting down for his regular breakfast date with Robyn, one of the administrative assistants on tour.  The two had become fast friends during the previous tour's rehearsals and tried to get together for breakfast as often as they could to keep some sense of routine and normalcy in their otherwise hectic schedules.
 
    Both were looking a little bleary eyed.  Robyn was sticking with toast and tea, trying to keep everything down.  She was mentally kicking herself for agreeing to go with Joey and the guys the night before; she had known she would end up like this--very tired and slightly hungover.

    Joey was just plain tired.  Normally he had no problem partying into the wee hours and then falling into bed to sleep.  He could get by on minimal sleep while he was on the road.  However, last night, when he had returned to his room, he couldn't fall asleep; there had been far too many thoughts running through his head.  Which brings us to today.

    "Hey, Babe?"  Joey waited for Robyn to look up.
  
    "Mmmhmm?"  She asked without actually saying anything.
  
    He shifted uneasily in his seat and swallowed hard.  "Uh, how much do you remember from last night?"

    Robyn felt her face turn red.  "Oh, this can't be good, Joe.  What did I do?  Please tell me I didn't get up on the bar and dance again!" 

    "No, Sweetie, you didn't do anything that embarrassing.  I cut you off before that," he smiled at her.

    Robyn got distracted for an instant by his smile.  She loved the way his eyes sparkled when he really smiled.  They reminded her of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, warm and homey.  She shook her head and came back to the conversation, "You're going to have to help me out here, Joe, I don't remember a heck of a lot and I drank more than I should have.  What were you thinking by letting me have more than two?  You know that I can't hold my liquor."

    He laughed, "Yeah, but it's so much fun to see you try.  Besides, Chris was the one lining them up for you. If I hadn't cut you off, you would have been bowing to the porcelain goddess all night."

    Robyn didn't reply.  She just gave Joe a dirty look and waited for him to get on with the conversation.  
  
    "You seriously don't remember talking to me?"  Robyn shook her head.  This was going to be harder than Joey had thought.  "Rob, you told me that you had just about given up on finding your Mr. Right and that there wasn't much hope of you ever losing your virginity since you wouldn't give it away to just anyone."

    "Oh, shit."  Robyn put her head down on the table with a groan,  "Tell me I didn't say more."

    Joey reached out and stroked her hair, "Well, you said a little more."  He paused and took a deep breath, summoning his courage.  "You basically told me that you thought I would be the perfect one to have your first ‘encounter' with.  Did you mean that?"

    Robyn lifted her head off the table and looked him in the eyes.  "Joe, I do not remember having this conversation.  Are you sure we did?"  Robyn was stalling.  She had thought about Joey that way recently, but she didn't remember actually talking about it with him.  When he nodded, she just sighed.  "Well, OK, yeah, I, I uh, think you would be a great lover, especially the um, the first time.  I know you have a reputation as a flirt and everything, but I see the real you, the caring and gentle and loving guy.  I know that if we uh, you know, that you would be gentle and loving and you would take care of me."

    Joey reached across the table and took her hand in his.  "You really think all that about me?" he was surprised and flattered.

    She looked up into his brown eyes.  "Yeah, Joe, I do.  We've been friends for a while now, and I've seen the real you, behind all the celebrity and stuff."

    He squeezed her hand and laughed.  "You know the real me and you still stick around?"

    "Of course!  Besides, you know the real me and you haven't run off yet."

    They were silent for a couple of minutes.  Robyn was very conscious of his hand on hers.  It was something that he had never done before.

    "Let's do it, Rob," he blurted.

    "Do what, Joe?"  She felt her insides heave to the surface. 

    "Let's do it!  Let's get married."

    "Phew!"  Robyn was relieved for a split second, "You want to get married.  I thought you just wanted to have sex."  She paused as what she had said sunk in.  Her jaw dropped and she looked at him as if he were crazy.  "What?"

    "Let's get married.  We get along so well and we love each other, and I know you want to wait until you're married, and I want to be the one to give you the first time that you deserve.  Let's just get married."

    "Yes, Joe, we love each other, but as friends!  That's not enough to build a marriage on."

    "Why not?  When you get past the whole falling in love stuff, what do you think is left in most marriages?  Friendship.  Come on, Rob.  You know I would do anything for you-"

    They were interrupted by the appearance of Chris.  "Hey, kids, what's up?"

    "Not much," Joey replied, releasing Robyn's hand. 
   
    Chris pretended not to notice Joey's quick movement and sat down beside Robyn.  He stretched his arm across the back of the booth seat and pulled her closer to him.  "Hey, Sweetie Pie, are you going to come watch our interview today?"
   
    "Please, Chris, do you really think I want to hear you guys answer all the same questions you answer every day?  Besides, I've got a lot of work to do today."

    "You should just tell your boss to shove it and come with us," Chris smirked.

    Robyn looked at Joey with an evil glint in her eye.  "Hey, Chris, shove it!"  Chris's jaw dropped.

    Joey cracked up.  "Hey, don't look at me man, she just did what you told her to!"

      "Chris, if I don't do my work, you guys won't have anymore interviews to give, did you ever think of that?"  Robyn asked.

    "Well, since you put it that way, I guess you can miss this one," Chris laughed.  "So, Joe, ready to hit the road?"

    "Yeah, I guess," Joey responded as he stood up.  He looked across the table.  "Think about what I said, OK?"

    Robyn swallowed hard, then nodded, "Sure, Joe, I will."

    "Have fun making phone calls!"  Chris laughed.

    "Have fun answering questions about what kind of underwear you may or may not wear!" she returned. 

    
    Chris and Joey were waiting in the lobby for the others to join them a few minutes later when Robyn walked out of the restaurant. 

    "Hey, Chris, I forgot to tell Rob something, I'll be right back."  Joey sprinted down the hall after her.

    Robyn was deep in thought, off in her own little world, when Joey threw an arm around her waist and pulled her down an empty adjacent hallway.

    "Joey!  What the hell?  Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" she clutched her chest.

    "Sorry, sweetie.  I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to give you something to think about today."  With that, Joey cupped Robyn's face with one hand and drew her in close to him with the other.  Robyn brought her hands against his chest.  Part of her wanted to push him away and the other part wanted to pull him closer.  Once she felt the gentle way his lips caressed hers, there was no contest.  She slid her hands up his chest and wound them around his neck.  His kiss was sweet and undemanding and she felt it all the way to her toes.

    Just then, they heard Justin call, "Joey!  Let's move it!"

    Joey pulled slowly and reluctantly away.  "Have a good day, sweetie," he smiled and ran his thumb over her lips.  "I'll see you later."

    "Yeah, I'll see you later," Robyn said dazedly.  She watched Joey walk off to join his band mates with a grin on her face.  As she headed towards the elevator, she let out a giggle; this was so totally unlike her!
 
Monday Evening by PopDiva
Monday Evening

    Robyn had been distracted all day while she worked and her co-workers noticed.  They didn't make any mention of it until Robyn was daydreaming again about Joey's kiss and let out another giggle.

    "Rob, what has gotten in to you today?"  Melinda asked.

    "Uh, nothing, sorry, Mel."

    Melinda gave a knowing smile, "Uh huh, sure, Rob."
  
    Robyn didn't respond, she merely followed Melinda on to their bus and got down to work.  They usually left for the next venue early so they could arrive and have everything set up for the guys in case they had interviews or photo shoots they needed to get ready for.

    Robyn didn't hear from Joey until later in the evening, when she was on phone duties.  One night a week, she stayed at the office late to answer the phones and tie up all the loose ends.  Everyone in the office took it in turn.  She was still there when Joey finally tracked her down.

    "Thank you for calling the *NSYNC tour, this is Robyn, how may I help you?"

    "Well, Robbie, Baby, you can start by telling me where we'll be on Wednesday."

    "Oh, good evening, Mr. Fatone, just one moment while I look up that information for you."

    "Mr. Fatone?  Come on, sweetheart, you know better than to call me that!"

    "What do you want, Joe?" she asked through gritted teeth, "I'm at work!  I'm trying to be professional here."

    "You're right, I'm sorry.  So, did you check the schedule for me yet, Ms. Daniels?"

    "Yes, Joe, we'll be in Vegas.  You have a photo shoot in Los Angeles in the morning and some do-hickey for lunch.  We have that afternoon and the next two days off and you and I were planning to go to Vegas to see Siegfried and Roy.  Joey, you have all this information, why are you asking?"

    "Maybe because I just want to hear your sexy voice--sorry, I forgot, I'm supposed to be professional.  But seriously, where did you say we'll be Wednesday afternoon?"

    "Las Vegas, Joey."  She was getting impatient with him.

    "Vegas?  Isn't that the city where you can get a marriage license within a half an hour and get married that same day?"

    "What's your point, Joe?"

    "No point, ma'am.  What time are you finished tonight?"

    "I'm here for another hour and a half, why?"

    "'Cause I want to know when to pick you up.  I'll see you then."

    Joey hung up before Robyn could protest.  She was about to call him back when the phone started to ring again.  The calls came in fast and furious for the remainder of her office time; in fact, she got stuck in the office late because the calls didn't stop coming.  As soon as she could, she put the phone on to the answering service, packed up her stuff and put it away.  She turned out the lights and stepped out of the bus and right into Joey's arms.

    "Hi, baby, I missed you today," he smiled before he kissed her cheek.

    "You scared me!  But I missed you too," she admitted.

    Joey took her hand and they started to walk towards the hotel.  "This is for you," he whispered as he held out a white rose.

    "Oh, Joe, thank you!"  She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek.  He slid his arm around her back and gave her a squeeze.

    "So, about Vegas," Joey started.  "What do you say?"

    "What exactly are you asking, Joe?"  Robyn wasn't sure what direction their conversation was headed in and whether she should be afraid or not.

    "I'm asking you what you think about the idea of us getting married on our trip to Vegas.  It could work out perfectly.  We leave LA in the afternoon, fly to Vegas, go and see the show, afterwards, we get our license (it won't be as busy then) and we get married!  We have Thursday and Friday off and that can be our honeymoon.  When the tour is done, we can have a real wedding with all the trimmings.  So, what do you say?"

    Robyn's head was spinning.  She focused for a moment on her breathing.    "Joe, you are completely sane, aren't you?  Tell me why you want to do this so desperately."

    He looked down into her eyes, "You want to know why I want to marry you, Robyn?  It's because I can't imagine my life without you being a part of it.  I want you to be the one I fall asleep next to and the one I wake up beside.  You're all ready in my dreams, so I don't expect that will change, but dreams aren't enough any more. We fit together, babe.  You are my sanity and I'm your craziness.  We're like two halves of a puzzle and when we're together, we're complete.  Robyn, I need you!"
  
    Robyn's mind was reeling; she had no idea that Joey felt this way about her.  She took a deep breath.  "Is there somewhere we can sit down to talk with no interruptions?"

    "Sure," Joey shrugged.  "Follow me."  He wasn't sure whether to be disappointed or not.  He had no idea what Robyn was thinking. 

    They went to the pool deck at the back of the hotel.  Joey sat in a lounge chair and pulled Robyn down so that she was sitting with her back to his chest.  He held her close to him and felt the tension melt from her body.
 
    Robyn relaxed into Joey's arms.  She'd never felt more at home than she did at that moment.  "Joe, I'm an old fashioned girl.  If we get married, that's it; we're together forever.  No refunds or exchanges."

    "Of course, Sweetheart, that goes without saying," he ran the side of his finger down her cheek and she shivered.

    "I don't want to go public right away.  There is no way I want to be known as the Yoko Ono of Nsync."

    "I'm fine with that.  I don't want you to have to go through the media firestorm either.  Should we tell the guys?"

    "I don't know.  How do you think they'd react?"

    "I have no idea.  Why don't we just leave it between the two of us for now?"

    "That would probably be best.  Less chance of someone spilling the beans then.  But I only want one wedding.  If you want to have a big party or something to celebrate when the time comes, that would be fine."

    Joey pressed his lips against her hair.  "So, is this a yes?" he whispered in her ear sending a shiver down her spine.

    She turned slightly so she could see him.  She gave him a slow, shy smile and nodded.

    Their engagement was sealed with a sweet, lingering kiss.  Joey pulled away slowly.  "I don't have a ring for you."

    "Joe, don't worry about it," she smiled.  "I don't need a ring, I just need you."

    "Mmm, I love hearing you say that," he smiled against her lips before kissing her again.

Tuesday Morning. by PopDiva
Tuesday Morning

Robyn slept in the next morning. She didn't have anywhere she needed to be until later. As she stretched lazily in bed, she thought over the previous evening with Joey; it all still seemed a little surreal to her. The two of them had sat up talking for quite a while. Joe had promised to take care of making the plans for the wedding and short honeymoon. They had agreed that he would have to let his bodyguard, Tank, in on their secret in order to ensure their privacy and safety.

When they had finished talking, Joey had walked her to her hotel room. He held her hand, and Robyn found herself looking down at their intertwined fingers, wondering how they had gone from friends to fiancés so quickly. They spent a few minutes saying goodbye at her door, and when he finally left, she missed the feel of his lips against hers.

Joey and the guys were doing interviews prior to their show that night. Robyn checked in at the office to get her list from Melinda. Today she was doing personal shopping for the guys, picking up things for them that were awkward for them to get on their own while they were on tour. Robyn spent a few minutes consolidating the lists and then surfing the Internet to find the best place to go shopping to get as many items as she could in one place. She printed off her maps and lists, checked to make sure she had all the proper charge cards and headed out the door.

Once she had purchased all of their personal care items, Robyn returned to the guys' bus and sorted things on each of their bunks. She was double-checking her list to make sure she had everything in the right bunk when JC hopped up the steps of the bus.

"How's it goin', Girl?" he asked and tweaked her ponytail as he passed by.

"I'm good," she replied. "Can you check the stuff on your bunk for me? I might have put one of Justin's things there."

JC scanned the items quickly. "Nope, this all looks like mine." His eyes hit the movie case under it all. "You found it!" he exclaimed.

"Of course I found it. Have I ever let you down before?"

"No! Never. And you are riding with me tonight so we can watch it together!" he exclaimed.

Robyn gave a big sigh and heaved her shoulders up. "OK, if I have to."

JC laughed and gave her a hug. "Yeah, right, like you don't want to see this one."

Robyn laughed. "So, you got me. But I have to get moving. I have more shopping to do before the day is through."

"It's a rough life, huh?" JC teased. "Shopping all day, spending other peoples' money, that's gotta be hard."

Robyn gave him a playful shove. "Oh shut up! You guys are hard to shop for. If I were shopping for myself, I'd just grab it and go. When I'm shopping for you guys, you're so high maintenance that it takes forever to find the exact right brand of hair goop or whatever. She noticed JC was pouting. "OK, well, you're not a diva, but a couple of the others are," she smiled when she saw his frown disappear. "Hey, JC, do you guys have a Victoria's Secret catalogue around?"

"Why, does one of the divas want something fancy?" he cracked a smile.

"Heck, no! I don't buy that kind of personal stuff! The day one of the divas asks me to buy him lingerie is the day I tender my resignation," she chuckled. "I need to get a gift for my cousin's bridal shower and they decided to throw her a lingerie shower."

JC dug around in a pile of magazines. "Here you go."

"Thanks," Robyn opened the magazine and flipped casually through it. "So, look, while I have you here and none of the other guys are around, I could really use some help with this."

"Sure, come on, let's sit for a minute. And would you relax already? What do you need?"

She took a deep breath. "I am relaxed!"

"Yeah, right," he muttered.

"OK, here's the thing. I need a guy's opinion. I want to choose something for her that her husband will love. Something elegant and classy, but still sexy. Nothing trashy or over the top...oh, I don't know! Just help me pick something for her."

"Rob, you make it sound like you've never shopped for lingerie before," he laughed.

"Uh, that would be because I haven't," she shrugged.

"Never?" he was surprised.

"Well, I mean, I buy myself functional stuff, but I've never shopped for this kind of stuff before. I've never really had a need, you know?"

"Ah," understanding dawned on his face. "OK. Let me give you my JC-special-first-time-buying-lingerie course, and for you, no charge." JC picked up the catalogue and started flipping through it. "Here's the thing, all guys like different things, but one thing every guy likes is a girl who is confident. So, what you're aiming for is something that makes the girl feel sexy. Because if she feels sexy, she is sexy."

Robyn nodded, "So, if she feels sexy in jeans and a t shirt, then the guy is going to think she's sexy?"

JC thought for a minute. "OK, Rob, you know that red shirt you have with the flowy sleeves and how I always mention it when you wear it?"

"Yeah," she answered warily.

"And usually one or more of the other guys says something too, don't they?"

"Uh-huh."

"Robyn, when you wear that shirt, how do you feel?" JC smiled, wondering how long it was going to take her to get this.

"It's my favourite shirt. I don't know, it makes me feel happy," she shrugged.

"Does it maybe make you feel a little feminine and pretty? Maybe a little sexy?" he prodded.

Her jaw dropped. "You think I'm sexy when I wear that?"

"Rob! We all do! It's the self-confidence that you have when you wear that shirt that makes you sexy. Do you get it?"

Robyn blushed. "Oh man! I am never wearing that shirt around you guys again!"

JC chuckled. "That's OK, you have other things that are sexy too." While Robyn digested this tidbit of information, JC flipped to a page. "What about something like this?"

The two spent a few minutes looking over the magazine together. Robyn had a fairly good idea of what she was going to purchase when the door to the bus opened and Justin bounced up the aisle.

"There you are! C, you said you'd be back in a minute, and that was like fifteen minutes ago."

"Shoot! Sorry, Justin. Robyn and I were talking and I lost track of time."

Justin rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah, I know you were flirting with her. Look, JC, just because Rob agreed to go to the awards show with you, it doesn't mean that she actually likes you. We all know, she's really hot for me." He reached out for Robyn's hands and pulled her into a tight hug. "See?"

Robyn played up to him. "Oh, Justin!" She pretended to swoon. "If only you were right. My heart actually belongs to--," Robyn turned to see who had come onto the bus "-Lance!"

"Cool!" Lance beamed. He removed Robyn from Justin's embrace, scooped her up in his arms and turned around to walk off the bus.

Justin and JC looked at each other in disbelief for a second and then ran off the bus.

"Hey! Lance! Come back here!" What ensued was a highly involved game of pass the package with Robyn being the package.

"Guys! Put me down! Justin Timberlake, don't you dare drop me! Lance! Joshua! I'm serious!"

Joey and Chris came out into the parking lot in time to hear Robyn say "JC! I swear, if you don't put me down, I'll bite your butt!" They laughed when they saw Robyn upside down over JC's shoulder, her face dangerously close to his posterior.

"Oooh! Kinky!" JC laughed. "Ha, Justin, I told you she liked me better!"

"Hey, Robbie," Chris called. "Will you bite my butt too?" Chris bent over and stuck his backside in the air.

Joey smacked Chris's bottom as he ran by. Chris spun around and chased Joey and mayhem ensued.

"Ahem! If you guys are quite finished here, do you think you could put Miss Robyn down and get back to work?" Lonnie asked.

"Yes, Sir!" they all chorused in unison.

JC flipped Robyn over and put her on her feet. The other guys all filed past them and patted her on the head or shoulder as they went. JC gave her a hug. "Hey, sweet thang, you know, if you wear that backless gown and put your hair up, you'll drive him mad." He gave her a wink and headed inside.

"But, JC, it's not for me," she tried to explain.

"Yeah, I know. So seriously, wear your hair up. He'll love it!"

Robyn knew when to give up; she never was a good liar anyway. She shook her head in defeat and headed back over to the car. "Hey, Lon, thanks for rescuing me."

Lonnie gave her a grin. "I wasn't rescuing you, Miss Robyn. I was rescuing JC. Do you know how hard it would be for him to dance if you bit his butt?" The two of them shared a laugh over that picture. "You riding with the boys tonight?"

"Yeah, I won't be finished before my bus leaves. I put my stuff on the spare bunk all ready."

"All righty then, I'll make sure they don't leave without you. Have fun on the wild goose chase I'm sure they sent you on." He chuckled.

"Oh, I'm having fun. I found JC's B movie of choice, so the rest shouldn't be too hard. I think they try to make it a scavenger hunt for me every week. They enjoy driving me crazy."

"That they do, sweetie, that they do."
Tuesday Evening by PopDiva
Tuesday Evening

    Robyn shopped until she pretty much dropped.  It took her quite a while to track down some of the more obscure items on the guys' lists.  She also took some time to do some shopping for herself and picked up a few items from Victoria's Secret.  JC had been right of course; she wasn't buying lingerie for her cousin.  Her cousin's shower gift had been purchased and shipped long ago.  She was really buying lingerie for herself.  She might not be having a real honeymoon, but she could still make an effort anyway.  

    Robyn returned to the venue, unloaded the guys' purchases on their bunks and grabbed her overnight bag.  Since the guys were on stage, Robyn took advantage of the empty dressing room and grabbed a shower.  She changed into her customary travel clothes, flannel pyjama pants and a t-shirt.  Robyn grabbed an apple and a bottle of water from craft services and headed back out to the bus.  It wasn't often that she got quiet time alone and she was planning on making the most of it.  

    When Joey and the other guys thumped up the bus steps later, they found Robyn curled up in the comfy chair wearing one of Justin's sweatshirts.  She had an open book in one hand and a partially eaten apple in the other and she was dead to the world.  They tried to be quiet and tiptoed considerately around her, but they needn't have worried, she was so tired it would have taken a lot more to wake her.  

    After Lonnie double-checked to make sure all of his charges were on the bus, they got underway.  When the bus left the underground parking lot of the arena and was spotted by fans, the ensuing screams were what finally woke Robyn.  She was startled and fell forward, dropping her book and apple.  She would have fallen right over except that Justin was walking by and hoisted her back into her chair by the waistband of her pants before she face-planted into the floor.  

    "Whoa there, cowgirl!  Where ya goin'?" he laughed.

    Robyn looked groggily at him, "Wha?"

    "You OK, hun?"  Justin asked.

    Robyn rubbed her eyes, "Sure, m'fine."  She got to her feet and stumbled towards her bunk.

Justin caught her as she teetered off balance when the bus went down the curb.  He held her with her back against his chest, one arm looped around her waist and the other braced against the side of the bus.  He bent to speak in her ear.  "Where you headed, Rob?"

"Dunno," she turned and looked up at him confusedly.  "Not ‘wake."

"I know you're not awake yet," he smiled.  "Why don't you sit here beside JC and Chris until you are more alert?"  Justin steered Robyn into the empty seat.  

"Hey, nice sweatshirt," Justin grinned at her.  

Robin frowned at him.  "Go ‘way."

"Go away?  You steal my sweater and you're mad at me?"  

Robyn pouted and nodded.  She slowly turned to see both JC and Chris laughing at her, pulled the hood of the sweatshirt up to hide from them and leaned back in the seat.

"I was cold," she mumbled.  A sharp corner rolled her head on JC's shoulder.  She tried to sit up, but JC just put his arm around her shoulder and patted her head, ruffling her hair.  

"Stay there, sugar.  You're gonna fall over again anyway.  If you're awake enough, we're going to watch the movie now."

"M'kay," she muttered, shifting her weight around, trying to get comfortable against the skinny man.

Chris got up to put the movie on.  Joey walked back to join them.  "Hey, what's up?"

"It's B movie night thanks to Robyn's skillful searching today.  We're watching UHF.  Wanna join us?"

"UHF?  Is that the Weird Al movie?"  Lance asked from the front of the bus.

"Of course!"  Chris answered.  "Bring the popcorn, will you Lance?"

Lance brought popcorn, Justin brought the drinks and Joey brought his travel blanket.  He draped it over Robyn's lap and then sat down next to her.  He pulled Robyn's feet into his lap, "There, feel a little warmer now?" he asked as he patted her feet.
Robyn nodded, "Thanks."

    Robyn managed to stay awake for the whole movie.  She surprised them all by the fact that she not only had seen the movie before, but she could also quote lines at random.

"Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"

      "Supplies!"

"You so stupid!"  

    All six laughed their way through the movie.  It was a good way to relieve some of the stress that had been building up over the last few weeks.  After tomorrow, they would have some well-deserved time off.  Time Joey planned on spending indoors getting better acquainted with the woman who would by then be his wife.  

    As the credits rolled, everyone started to collect themselves and head towards their bunks to sleep for the remainder of their trip.  JC held back.  "Robyn?  Got a minute?"

    She looked up and met his blue eyes.  Something was going on, but she couldn't tell what it was.  "Uh, sure, JC.  What's up?"

    JC waited until the rest had cleared the room.  "So, how was your shopping trip?"

    "Fine, I got everything on your list, but you knew that already and I am pretty sure that is not what you want to talk about."

He looked slightly chagrined.  "No, you're right.  So, did you find everything on your list?"

    Robyn's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.  "My list?"

    JC sighed.  "Your shopping, you know, Victoria's-mmph!"

    Robyn slapped her hand quickly over JC's mouth.  "Shut up!"  She looked down the hallway to make sure he hadn't been overheard.  "Yes," she whispered, "I found what I was looking for."

    "Cool, so let me see."

    Now her eyebrows shot up.  "Nuh-uh, I don't think so!"

    "Why not?  Don't you want my opinion to be sure your cousin's husband will like it?"
    Robyn crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.  "What gives, JC?  You know that I know that you know it's not for my cousin.  If there is something you'd like to talk about, just get to the point already!  I'm really tired and I'd like to get some sleep because when we get to the hotel, I'm going to work, not to sleep like you."

    JC gave a defeated sigh.  "Robyn, I'm just worried about you.  You're like a sister to me and I feel like I've got to look out for you.  I know your views on sex and I know you want to wait for the One, so when you're asking me for my opinion as a guy about sexy lingerie, I'm concerned for you."

    Robyn rolled her eyes.  "JC!  Number one, you don't have to protect me, get over it.  Number two, I'm a grown woman, if I want to screw up my life, let me, OK?  Number-shoot, where was I?  Forget it!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you were giving me advice on how to appear in that lingerie too."  She calmed down a bit.  "Look, J, I'm OK, really.  I'm not doing something stupid and I will be careful, OK?"

    He put his hands on her shoulders and made her look him in the eye.  "Who is this guy, Rob?  Who is it that made you give up your dream?"

    "I can't tell you who he is, but I can promise you that I'm not giving up any of my dream."

    "Do you hear yourself?  He won't let you tell anyone about the two of you?  Does that sound like a healthy relationship?  Does that sound like someone who is going to treat you right?"

    She cracked a smile and shook her head.  "JC, I'm the one who doesn't want to tell anyone.  I want to keep it private.  He's not trying to keep me his dirty little secret.  Please, Josh, trust me."

    The use of his name got him.  "I give, Rob.  I can tell you're sincere.  Just promise me that if he hurts you, you'll tell me so I can pound him."

    "Sure, tough guy, if he hurts me you can pound whatever is left after I pound him."

    JC laughed out loud.  "Now that's the girl I know and love!"  He pulled her into a big hug.  

End Notes:

 

 

If you have never seen the movie, UHF, I highly reccommend it.  It is one of my all-time favourites just because it makes me laugh.  Weird Al and Michael Richards (pre-Seinfeld) star in it. 

Wednesday by PopDiva
Wednesday Morning

    As near as Robyn could figure, it was the ass-crack of dawn when she got her wake-up call that was nearly at the mobile office.  She got a muttered good morning as she trudged to the front of the bus from Justin who was sleepily pouring his orange juice into his bowl of cereal.  Joey was also up, but he seemed to be actually awake.

    "Good morning, Beautiful!" he chirped.  Joey pulled her into a tight hug and gave her a quick kiss.

    "Joe!" she whispered, "We're not alone!"

    He just put his forehead to hers and laughed.  "Don't worry," he whispered back, "Justin's not awake yet.  He hasn't even realized he's got juice instead of milk," Joey nodded in Justin's direction.  "If he asks later, I'll just tell him he was dreaming.  Have a good day, OK?  I'll pick you up at your room about 3:00 so we can go see that show."

    "OK," she nodded.  "I'll be ready!"

    Joey handed her the travel mug.  "Breakfast of champions," he smiled and gave her a wink as he propelled her towards the door.  

    Robyn stopped cold.  "Joey, I don't drink coffee," she frowned at him.  "I thought you knew that."  Maybe he wasn't as into her as he had made it seem.

    Joey laughed.  "Of course I do!  It's not coffee.  It's Coke.  I figured you might need your caffeine jolt to get you going this morning."

    She smiled and gave him a quick hug.  "Aw, thanks, Joe.  You think of everything."


Later on Wednesday

    Despite the fact that both thought that 3:00 would never come, time sped by them.  Before she knew it, Robyn was standing in front of her mirror giving herself one last look over and Joey was knocking on the door.  

    "Hey!" she smiled as she opened the door.

    "Hey!" he responded as he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss after first checking up and down the hallway to be sure the coast was clear.

    She opened the door wider and ushered him in.  When she turned after closing the door, she ended up in Joey's arms.  "Shit, Joe!  You scared me!"

    Joey giggled.  "I can't believe how jumpy you are!  Don't tell me that Robyn ‘Ms-Nothing-Flusters-Me-Ever' Daniels is nervous?"

    "For your information, Mr. Fatone, I am NOT nervous!"  She gave him a half smile.  "I am terrified!"

    "Don't be scared, baby, everything will be OK," he assured her as he squeezed her hands.

    "I hope you're right," Robyn met Joey's eyes and then her jaw dropped.  "Wha-you-where's your beard?"

    Joey let out a rousing guffaw.  "Last I saw it, it was in my sink.  Why?  Don't you like this?"  He rubbed his now bare chin and gave her his cheesiest grin.

    "I-I don't know," Robyn reached out tentatively to touch his smooth cheek.  "You look so different!"

    "That's what I was hoping for, just enough difference to throw off any fans who may see us."

    "I guess that makes sense," she conceded, "But can you grow it back?"

    "Sure, I'll start right now," he teased.    

Thursday Morning by PopDiva
Author's Notes:
Just to clarify, this is just a little later on Thursday morning than the Prologue.
Thursday morning:

    Robyn stirred, moaning slightly.  Joey chuckled softly at the kitten-like way she was waking up.  Robyn stretched her back in a curve and rubbed her face against his chest.  She moaned as she awoke, feeling pain all over.

    "Ugh!"  Robyn slowly sat up.  She turned and noticed Joey beside her.  "Joe?  What's going on?"

    "I seem to be asking you this question a lot lately, but how much do you remember from last night?" he queried.

    "Why?  What happened?  Did I pass out?" she asked in shock.

    "No, no, Honey, not exactly.  Come back and cuddle with me.  Tell me what you remember and I'll fill in the blanks for you."  He held the covers up and patted the spot she had just moved from.  

Robyn lay down, but kept her distance for now, "Well, I remember Elvis and Marilyn Monroe stood up for us and we got married in a 50s style doo-wop kinda place.  (Although, now that I think about it, that does kind of seem like a weird dream.)  And we came here to our room and that's about it.  Why am I so sore?  What did you do to me?  I mean, I know it's supposed to hurt the first time, but this is ridiculous!" she groaned.

    Joey laughed.  "No, Babe, that wasn't me.  We haven't...uh...we didn't...  Rob, you got sick last night, really sick, with like a stomach flu or something."

    "Oh," she replied as she closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead.  "That would explain a lot."

    "You were a little out of it, and it turned out you had a fever.  Then you started barfing.  I have never seen anyone throw up as much as you did last night!  Tank had to get a doctor in for you because I was afraid to leave you."

    "Aw, you stayed with me?  Most guys wouldn't have."  She was touched.

    "Of course I stayed with you!  I don't know about the guys you've been with before, Rob, but I promised in sickness and in health and I meant it."  He gently stroked her forehead.  "Anyway, the doctor gave you a shot of Gravol so you could stop vomiting and sleep it off.  She'll be back to check on you again in a few hours and if all is well, you can eat something later."

    "Some honeymoon.  I'm so sorry, Joe."

    "Don't be, Sweetheart," he kissed her temple.  "We'll have plenty of nights together later.  How are you feeling today?"

    "Kinda foggy.  I really just want to go to back to sleep."

    "No problem.  I'm going to get a shower and then run out and pick up a few things while you're sleeping.  But first, I want you to sit up so you can take some more gravol."  

 Joey helped her sit up and propped a couple of pillows behind her.  He placed some pills in her palm and passed her a drink to take them with.

She dutifully swallowed the pills and looked thoughtfully at her shirt.  "Joey, I wasn't wearing this T shirt yesterday."

"Nope, you weren't," he agreed.

"This isn't even my shirt."

"Right again," he smiled.

Robyn gave him a shove, "Don't be a doofus.  Come on, tell me how I ended up wearing this."

"Well, when you got your shot, you kinda flaked out on me, and you looked really uncomfortable in your dress, so I helped you change."

Rob felt her face flame in embarrassment.  

Joey tried to ease her discomfort quickly.  "Does it make you feel better to know that I did it with my eyes closed so that I could save that for a time when we are both conscious?"

Robyn met his eyes and laughed.  "You did?  How did you do that?"

"It wasn't easy, let me tell you!" he grinned as he hugged her.

"Thank you," she whispered in his ear before brushing a gentle kiss across his cheek.

"Anytime," he whispered back as he touched his forehead to hers.  Joey eased Robyn back on the bed and tucked her in.  He kissed her forehead.

"Get some rest, Sweetie.  I've got my phone, so if you need anything before I get back, just call, OK?"

Robyn nodded sleepily.  "OK."

Joey was getting ready for the shower when she called out, "Hey, Joe?"

He wrapped a towel around his waist and peeked out the door, "Yeah?"

"Did I puke on you or was that a nightmare?"

"Nope, that wasn't a dream.  You got me."

She covered her mouth with her hand.  "I am so sorry!"

He grinned.  "Don't worry, it was only my pants, Babe, and they are already being cleaned.  Now get some sleep."

    "OK.  Night," she mumbled.  Robyn was asleep before Joey even got into the shower.  

Thursday Afternoon by PopDiva
Thursday afternoon:

    Robyn woke up again a few hours later.  She slowly opened her eyes and smiled as she found herself looking into Joey's warm brown eyes.  She slid her hand across the pillow and stroked his cheek.

    "Were you watching me sleep?" she asked groggily.

    He perched himself up on one elbow, "Yep."  He grinned.  

    "You were, huh?  Now why were you doing that?"

    "Cause you're so gosh darned pretty and I can't believe that you are my wife!"  Joey leaned over and kissed her.

    "Ugh!  Don't do that, I've got morning after vomit breath," she covered her mouth as she sat up.

    "What's a little bad breath between a man and his wife?"  Joey teasingly wrapped her in his arms and kissed her soundly.

    "Would you stop saying that?" she asked with an edge to her voice.

    "Stop saying what?"  Joey looked perplexed.  His wife didn't look happy.

    "Stop calling me your wife!"

    "But why?  I'm so happy you are-that we are--you know.  Why would you want me to keep quiet about that?"

    "Because.  OK, just because."  Robyn got up from the bed, grabbed the hotel robe that was nearby and wrapped it around her.  She went into the bathroom, made sure the door was closed and sat on the edge of the tub.  What the hell had she done?

    Joey was confused.  What to do?  Go to her, or let her have her space?  He had a feeling that the wrong choice now could be disastrous to his marriage and future happiness.  

    Another five minutes found Joey tapping lightly on the bathroom door.  

    "Robyn?  Can I come in?"  He gave it a couple seconds.  He didn't hear anything, but that wasn't a bad thing, was it?  He turned the handle slowly and eased the door open a little.  

    "Rob?"  He peaked around the door.  There she was, sitting on the edge of the tub with her face in her hands.  "Baby?"  He slowly approached her.  "What is it?  Please tell me."

    Robyn shook her head.  "No, I'm OK."

    Joey squatted down in front of her.  "You're not OK.  Look at me.  Come on, baby, look at me," he coaxed.

    Robyn slowly gave in to Joey's gently pulling her hands.  He took both of her hands in one of his and used his other hand to dry her tears.  "Don't cry baby, you're breaking my heart."  She looked into his eyes and saw her tears mirrored in his eyes.  She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned into his strong chest.  Joey held her tightly and reassuringly rubbed her back.

    "Oh, Joe," she sighed.  "My brothers are going to kill you."

    "What?"  He was so surprised he lost his balance and fell backwards, taking her with him.  "That is so not what I was expecting you to say!"  They lay on the clammy tile floor laughing.  

    Joey stopped laughing to catch his breath.  "As much as I love having you on top of me, do you think we could carry on this conversation in a more comfortable place?"

    "Sure."  Robyn moved her limbs gingerly and untangled herself.  She got up slowly, still stiff from a night of vomiting.

    Once Joey got out from underneath her, he scooped Robyn into his arms and carried her back to the bed.  He got her settled under the covers and then passed her a bottle of Gatorade that he had chilled in the ice bucket.  "Cheers!" he said.  "The doctor said you have to keep hydrated, so drink up!"

    Robyn rolled her eyes, but drank anyway.  She patted the bed beside her.  "Come sit with me."

    "Only if we talk," he bargained.

    "OK," She grudgingly accepted.

    "Then you're going to go back to sleep."

    "OK."  She sighed like it was a huge imposition, but in reality she was exhausted and more than willing to go back to sleep.

    "OK," he smiled.  He had been expecting her to fight him on that one.  Joey picked up her hand.  "So, about these brothers...how many are we talking here?"

    Robyn smiled.  "Three.  All older."

    "Shit," Joey muttered.  "I'm a dead man."

    "Yeah, you are."  She smiled ruefully.  "We're both in for it.  They'll never forgive me for getting married without telling them."

    "Sure they will," he encouraged.  "Tell me about them."

    Robyn settled herself with her head in his lap.  Joey played with her hair while she told him about her family.  

"I have a kind of weird family," she started.  "There is a fifteen year age difference between me and my next oldest brother, Jeff.  Kit is two years older than him and Craig is two years older than Kit.  I was the change of life baby, the surprise my parents said they were thrilled to receive.  They had always wanted to have a little girl, but after Jeff, my mother was told she wasn't able to have any more kids.  You can imagine how surprised my parents were when they found out they were pregnant again.  I always thought it must have been a big pain for Jeffy especially.  He was in high school when I came on the scene and stole his place as baby.  He says he didn't mind that much and he swears that I was a chick magnet."  Robyn smiled, "Jeffy used to offer to take me out for walks after school.  Our mother thought he was being sweet, but he was really using me to meet girls.  They'd all come over to the stroller to see me, and he'd brag about being a big brother.  He complains now that I don't bring him girls the way I used to.  Of course, he's got our nieces and nephews to use for that now."

"Nieces and nephews?  You mean I'm an uncle?"  Joey smiled.

"Yeah, you're an uncle, all right.  I should warn you that they are not much younger than us-another one of the joys of being so much younger than the rest of your siblings.  I'm closer in age to the kids than I am to my brothers."

Robyn continued to talk about her family.  She told him that her parents had been killed in a car accident when she was three.  Joey's heart broke for her when he heard this.  

"Craig had just finished college was living on his own when our parents died.  He moved back home to take care of Jeffy and me.  Kit was in college and Jeffy was in his last semester of high school.  My parents had already talked to Craig about being my guardian if anything should ever happen to them.  They knew that since they were older by the time I came around that they might not be there for my whole childhood."  

    Robyn talked with great affection for all of her brothers, but especially Craig.  She told Joey how special Craig was, how at such a young age he had taken on a being a parent to his baby sister and never let her feel like he didn't want to be.  Craig had asked her at the age of five for her blessing in getting married to Abby and then the two had proposed together.  Robyn had been Craig's "best girl" at his wedding.  She had refused to be different than her brothers and insisted on wearing a tuxedo, not a dress.  Joey couldn't wait to see the pictures of that!  

    Robyn drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face.  Joey stayed next to her, still stroking her hair, wondering how it was that he had never known all of this about Robyn before.

Thursday Evening by PopDiva
Thursday Evening:

    "Robyn," Joey called her name again.  She didn't stir.  He touched her shoulder and gave her a gentle shake.  "Rob, wake up, sweetheart," he tried being a little louder.  Nothing.  Joey shrugged.  This was going to require something a little more.  Joey moved to the foot of the bed and grabbed the blankets.  "Robyn!" he hollered as he whisked the blankets off her.  "Time to get up!"

    Robyn growled and slowly opened her eyes.  "What do you want?" she asked snarkily.

    "What do you mean, ‘What do I want'?  I want you to get up!"  Joey snapped back.

    "Well there's no need to be all pissy about it," she retorted, making full use of her pout.

    "Yeah, well, next time, I'll just let you sleep through," he mumbled as he turned away from her.

    Robyn sat up and stretched and looked at Joey.  He looked really mad and she didn't blame him.  She crawled over the mattress and worked her way into his lap.  "I'm sorry, Joey.  I'm not the easiest person in the world to wake up and I'm not very happy when I do.  I didn't mean to snap at you."

    Joey smiled, "Yeah, I can see you don't wake up happy.  I'll try to remember that.  I'm sorry too.  I'll try to find a better way to wake you up."  Joey brushed her hair back from her face and placed gentle kisses across her forehead and down her cheek.

    "Whoa there, Joe!  Before you go too far there, was there a reason for waking me up?"

    Joey shook his head.  "No reason," he muttered against her lips, "Just kiss me."

    "No reason?  You woke me up for no reason?"  She laughed.

    Joey pulled away and gave her an exasperated look.  "Yes, there was a reason, but I was enjoying kissing you and didn't want to get into it.  But, seeing as the mood is now gone..." he pouted.

    "Oh, I'm sorry, did I kill the mood?" she asked innocently.

    "Give it up, Babe, you are not pulling off that sweet and innocent act on me," he tried to look stern.

    "But, Joey, whatever are you talking about?" she smiled.

    Joey sat up and pulled away from Robyn.  "What I'm talking about, Dear heart, is that I know you're not as naïve as you pretend.  Anyway, the doctor is coming to see you soon, so you need to be up and ready."  Joey fussed around, helping Robyn sit up and propping her on some pillows.

    The doctor arrived shortly thereafter and checked Robyn over.  She was pleased to hear that Robyn had stopped vomiting and that she had gotten so much rest.  Nevertheless, she ordered Robyn on bed rest for another two days.  The virus had hit Robyn so hard because she had been rundown, and the doctor wanted her to rest up and start taking better care of herself.  They ended up agreeing that Robyn could rejoin the tour on Sunday as long as she was eating by then.

    Joey promised the doctor he would keep an eye on Robyn and make sure she started eating better and getting more sleep.  As soon as the doctor left, he called Tank and asked him to take care of changing Robyn's flights and informing Melinda that Robyn would be off for an extra day.  

    Joey ordered up dinner for himself and chicken soup for Robyn.  While they waited for that to be delivered, he remade the bed and tucked Robyn in.  After he had accepted the food tray from room service, he flipped on the television and brought up the movie listings.  

    "Shall we watch a movie?" he asked.    

    "Sure, that sounds good," she replied.    

    They chose a movie and ate their dinner in relative silence.  Joey watched to make sure that Robyn ate her soup.  As soon as he finished eating, Joey got on the bed beside her and put his arm around her.  Joey wasn't too surprised when Robyn nodded off about half way into the movie.  He watched the end of the movie and then snuggled down beside her just so he could hold her all night.  It sure wasn't the way he had pictured spending his honeymoon, but he was with her, so it was OK.

Friday Morning by PopDiva
Author's Notes:
Finally, here is the latest chapter!  Thankfully it didn't take me very long to re-post it all.  Next time, I'll be a little more careful when deleting a chapter so I don't delete the whole story.  Thanks for sticking with me!
Friday Morning:

    Joey wore a smug grin; he was feeling proud of himself.  He was pretty sure he had figured out a sure-fire way to wake Robyn up with a smile and was about to test his theory.  He leaned over her and nuzzled her nose with his.  When she started to stir, he smiled, dipped his head and captured her lips in a heated kiss.  He was pleasantly surprised when he felt Robyn kiss him back.  "Good morning, Sunshine," Joey whispered, his voice still raspy with sleep.  

    Robyn's eyes were still closed, but she smiled as she stretched.  "Mmm, JC!" she murmured quietly.

    "What?"  Joey yelped as his jaw gaped in shock.

    Robyn's eyes flew open and she put a hand on her chest.  "Oh, Joey!  You scared me!  I was just having this really weird dream..."

    "You don't say," he pouted.

    "Something wrong?" she asked curiously.  She managed to feign innocence for about five more seconds before a giggle escaped and a huge smile lit up her face.

    The truth of the matter dawned on Joey and he couldn't help but laugh.  "You brat!  I can't believe you would try to bruise my ego like that and on our honeymoon, no less!"

    Robyn just shook her head and laughed harder.  Joey took this as a sign to fight back, so he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and pulled the covers over her head.  He started tickling her with no mercy and Robyn kept laughing.  She wiggled under him, trying to get free and attempting to get her own tickles in.  

They were laughing breathlessly when Joey's fingers grazed the bare patch of skin between her t-shirt and her panties.  Both of them felt the electricity of his touch.  Robyn inhaled sharply.  Before she could recover, Joey had lowered himself beside her.  He rolled Robyn on to her side facing him.  Their eyes locked and they just stared at each other for a few seconds until Robyn moved to touch Joey's cheek.  She traced his jaw line with her fingertips causing him to shiver.  He couldn't believe how much her touch affected him; no other woman had ever blown his mind with such a simple gesture.  

    Joey's fingers splayed on her hips as his mouth joined Robyn's again.  The feeling of his hands on her skin made her dizzy.  As they kissed, Joey's fingers slowly slid upwards, skimming her ribcage; just before they brushed the underside of her breasts, there was a loud knock on the door.  They both jumped in surprise.  Joey tried to pretend he hadn't heard it, but he didn't get the chance.  

    "Joe," Tank called from outside.  "I've got a key, so you might as well let me in.  I know you can hear me."  

    Joey groaned and got out of bed, "Coming!"  He grabbed a robe and put it on as he made his way to the door, grumbling all the way.

    "Mornin' Joe, Mornin' Robyn," Tank blushed as he entered the room.  "Sorry to disturb the newlyweds, but I've got some news."

    Robyn sat up, making sure the covers were adjusted and trying to tame her disheveled hair.  "Morning, Tank.  Why do I have the feeling it's not good news?"  Joey sat beside her and they laced their fingers together.

    Tank looked chagrined, "I wish it was."  He turned to Joey, "You've got to get back to LA.  There are some technical issues that just came up and you've all been called back early."

    Joey frowned, "You're kidding, right?  This is one of Chris's practical jokes, it has to be."

    Tank shook his head, "No, Joe, it's not."

    "Aw, come on, T, can't you hold it off for a little longer?  You know, tell them you can't find me or something?"  Joey whined.

    Tank laughed.  "Joe, what kind of body guard would I be if I couldn't find you?  I held them off as long as I could.  I got the call last night, but I thought it would be best to leave you two alone for a little longer."

    Robyn smiled, "Thanks, we appreciate it, and all that you've done for us the past few days."  She reached up to give Tank's hand a squeeze.

    "Well, Ms. Robyn, you know it has been my pleasure.  Now you, Miss, are here through Monday.  Melinda wants you well rested before you come back."

"Oh, no, Tank, I'm only supposed to be off for two days and I'm not spending all this extra time away from my husband."

"Sorry, Robyn.  I didn't make the plans.  You would have been flying in just to catch an overnight on the bus, and they figured it would be pretty hard on your system, so you're just flying in to meet them on Monday."

Robyn sighed as she accepted there was some sense in the plan, even though it meant more time away from Joey.  "Fine.  I guess we'll be racking up some long distance charges, Joey."

He grimaced and then sighed.  "Yeah, I guess so."

Tank smiled apologetically at both of them, "Well, I'm going to get out of your hair.  Be ready in an hour, Joe."

    "Alright," Joey grumbled as he walked Tank to the door.

    Robyn scooted into the bathroom before Joey was able to.  "Give me five minutes and it's yours," she called over her shoulder.  

    "Will do," he responded.  Joey got his stuff together and when Robyn came out, he headed towards the bathroom.

    "Where do you think you're going?"  Robyn asked with a sly grin.

    "Uh, in there?" he asked, nodding towards the bathroom.

    "Not without paying the toll, Mr. Fatone," she puckered up.

    Joey dropped his stuff.  He reached out for her, pulling her up against him.  "I'll gladly pay that toll, anytime, Mrs. Fatone," he smiled before he kissed her.
    
    He paid his toll and then some, dipping his tongue gently into her mouth and moaning when he felt her tongue slip past his lips.  He was reluctant to pull away, so it was Robyn who finally broke the kiss.  "Joe, you'd better get in there or Tank will pull you out of here in your pyjamas."

     "But I don't wanna go," he whined.

    Robyn pushed him towards the bathroom.  "I don't want you to go either, but such is life on the road.  Lock the door, OK?  That way I won't be tempted to come in and join you," she teased.

    "You say stuff like that and expect me to be able to leave?" he pouted.  "Guess I'd better make it a cold shower."  He winked and closed the door.

    The door was barely closed before he heard a gentle tap.  "I'm locking it, I'm locking it," he laughed.

    "Joe?" she whispered.

    "Yeah?" he whispered back, not totally sure why he was whispering.

    "Do you, uh, need any help?"

    "Uh, honey, I think I can handle a shower on my own, but thanks for the offer."

    "That's not what I meant.  I meant, do you need any help," she stressed the last word.

    "Robyn, I'm a guy, I'm pretty thick headed and I don't pick up on hints, so you're going to have to come out and just tell me what it is you want to ask me," he laughed quietly.

    "Fine," she huffed.  "Joe, do you need some help of a personal nature so you don't need to have a cold shower?"

    "Oh!"  Joey laughed and opened the door.  He pulled her into a hug.  "Honey, I'm OK.  I was just kidding about the cold shower."

    "But I don't want you to be, you know, uncomfortable."  She blushed.

    Joey held her away from him so he could see her.  "Really, honey, I'm OK.  I mean, sure, I'm aroused, but then I always am when I'm near you."  He grinned and playfully nipped at her neck.  "Another time, I'll jump at the offer, but right now, I want our first time to be something we don't have to rush.  And besides, I don't want you to jump headfirst into something you're not ready for."

    "You mean, like marriage?" she couldn't meet his eyes any longer.

"No, that's not what I meant."  Joey took her hands and walked over to the armchair.  He sat down and pulled her onto his lap.  Touching her cheek he asked, "Are you talking you or us?  Don't you think we're ready for this?"

    Robyn still wouldn't look up, "I don't know, Joe.  There's so much stuff we have never talked about-where are we going to live?  Are we going to have kids?  If we are, how many?  Do you snore?  Is your mother going to like me?"

    Joey smiled at her mini panic attack.  He touched his forehead to hers.  "Robyn," he whispered, catching her face in his hands,  "We can't change the fact that we got married quickly, so let's try to adjust as best we can.  Let's just take it one day at a time, OK?"

    She nodded, "OK, I guess I can try."

    Joey smiled and pulled her lips to his for a kiss.  "That's my girl.  Now, why don't you get yourself back into bed and I promise we'll start tackling your list of questions tonight when I call, OK?"

    She sighed, "OK," and climbed back into bed
 
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=904