Once In A Lifetime by mistressofburden
Summary:

Darcie Fraser met NSYNC when she was just fifteen years old, and was quickly taken in as a little sister to Chris Kirkpatrick.

Now four years later she has travelled a hard road and is reunited back with the boys, but most importantly JC Chasez, the man she has harboured feelings for since they met.

Can Darcie over come her painful past and finally be with JC? And can she keep the pain where it belongs?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 51233 Read: 62198 Published: Apr 25, 2007 Updated: Oct 23, 2007
Story Notes:
This was an old story that I wrote back in 1999/2000 and had never finished. A recent event that has ended up with a close friend of mine in the hospital brought this story out of the hidden depths of my computer when we started talking about it and I decided to revamp it. If a story involving the group around the time of 2000-2001 doesn’t appeal to you, I completely understand, but if you decide to read on past this point I really hope that you’ll enjoy it.

1. Chapter 1 by mistressofburden

2. Chapter 2 by mistressofburden

3. Chapter 3 by mistressofburden

4. Chapter 4 by mistressofburden

5. Chapter 5 by mistressofburden

6. Chapter 6 by mistressofburden

7. Chapter 7 by mistressofburden

8. Chapter 8 by mistressofburden

9. Chapter 9 by mistressofburden

10. Chapter 10 by mistressofburden

11. Chapter 11 by mistressofburden

12. Chapter 12 by mistressofburden

13. Chapter 13 by mistressofburden

14. Chapter 14 by mistressofburden

15. Chapter 15 by mistressofburden

16. Chapter 16 by mistressofburden

17. Chapter 17 by mistressofburden

18. Chapter 18 by mistressofburden

19. Chapter 19 by mistressofburden

20. Chapter 20 by mistressofburden

21. Chapter 21 by mistressofburden

22. Chapter 22 by mistressofburden

23. Chapter 23 by mistressofburden

Chapter 1 by mistressofburden

Muttered curses could be heard throughout the hallways of the empty condo.

 

“Chris!” A feminine voice screamed from the front door.

 

Chris Kirkpatrick appeared at the top of the stairs and stared down at the younger girl that was struggling with the box that she held in her arms.

"Yes princess?” He said sweetly, knowing that once she got up the stairs he was in for her infamous wrath. 

Darcie Fraser set the box down with a groan and pushed her dark hair out of her eyes. Her hands landed on her hips as she glared up at him. “Did you plan on moving any of your boxes in today?”

 

“Well you and Ami are doing such an awesome job I figured I’d just start unpacking.”

A thud announced the arrival of Darcie’s best friend Ami Ainslie, who took on a stance that practically mirrored her friends, “It’s not too late to go home, my car is empty now.” 

Darcie sighed and bent down to pick up her box once more, “True enough.” She muttered, “He has to be the only famous person I know that doesn’t use a moving company.”

           

“You’re going to throw your back out if you keep picking stuff up like that.” Chris called from the top of the stairs.

 

Darcie had met Chris four years earlier when her then 22 year old sister had met Chris backstage at an NSYNC concert, the group that he sang with. The two of them had seemed to hit it off and a few weeks later, while on break from the tour, Chris flew out to meet the family.

 

Darcie had been fifteen at the time, and more then a little star struck, not to mention jealous over the fact that her sister had caught the eye of someone famous. The relationship was short lived when after six months of dating it was evident that Dale was unable to deal with the fame that came with dating a celebrity.

 

Darcie had been afraid that she was going to lose someone who she had learn to look up to as an older brother, but luckily they remained friends over the years. A few years later Darcie, Ami and Darcie’s mom moved to Orlando when her mom accepted a new position.

 

And that was how Darcie had been suckered into helping him move. Of course the promise of beer and pizza and the idea of hanging out with him all day had been a good incentive as well. Not to mention that it meant that Ami could finally get to truly know him.

 

It had been almost a year since Darcie and Chris had last seen each other due to his tour and recording schedule and her time in school. Of course Darcie had changed quite a bit in that year. Her twenties had been kind to her; she had dropped what baby fat she had left after years of struggling with her weight. Her once long blonde hair had been cut short and died a black cherry color. She managed to save up for lasec eye surgery which allowed her to lose her glasses, finally ridding her of all hint of teenage awkwardness.

 

Both Ami and Darcie were tall and slim and had feisty, sarcastic attitudes that never failed to shock those around them. However, Ami’s perceived image was that of the “good girl” while Darcie was the “bad girl”.

 

Where Darcie preferred hard rock and metal music, Ami preferred electronica and Jazz. Darcie’s clothes consisted of jeans and a dark t-shirt with a witty saying or a band name, while Ami’s was more towards the latest fashions, or else something completely comfortable. Chris adored both girls and always had a lot of fun just sitting around talking to them.

 

The other members of NSYNC had yet to meet Ami, but they all knew Darcie well. At least they were used to the old Darcie. Along with the change to her look had come a drastic change to her personality. Chris had noticed it blooming when she first arrived in Orlando, and now it was out in full force.

 

“Are you two done griping yet?” Chris called as the girls made their way up the stairs, “The other guys are going to be here any minute.”

 

“Do you think we can get him out here and shoved down the stairs before the witnesses show up?” Ami muttered.

 

“Look at it this way; at least you can drool over Justin, if you can see past the curls.” Darcie said as they entered the master bedroom and ditched the boxes.

 

Ami had the typical fan girl crush on the youngest member of the group. Darcie had never understood the infatuation since when she met Chris she had been part of “Team Backstreet Boys” with a crush on AJ McLean and no interest in Justin Timberlake.

 

“You’re one to talk since the minute JC steps foot into this house you’ll be all stuttering and blushing.” Ami shot back.

 

Chris had chosen that time to exit out of the bathroom, “Still infatuated with him huh?”

 

JC Chasez had been very accepting of the then self conscious Darcie when Chris brought her on tour the first time, and she had fallen for him hard. Chris helped her through her broken heart when her teenage crush began to seriously date someone else and told her that he would “always love her like a little sister”. He had never known how devastating those words were to a shy and self conscious fifteen year old.

 

Like the other members, aside from Chris, he had lost contact with her when she graduated high school and began to concentrate on her college courses. While Darcie was nervous about their impending reunion, Chris was thrilled. JC had been single for several months and with the knowledge that Darcie still had feelings for him, not to mention that she was now of legal age, meant that Chris could work some of the NSYNC magic on the two of them.

The doorbell rang and both girls turned to Chris. “I’ll get that, can you two manage that box that’s in the kitchen?”

 

“Please tell me you don’t mean the big one.” Chris’s grin was the answer to her question, “Come on Ami, we’ll just charge a couple of massages to him later.”

 

 Chris shook his head and made his way down to the door as the girls disappeared into the kitchen. He opened the door and smiled brightly at his fellow band mates. “Um, there are only three of you, which means there’s one missing.”

 

“See JC, I told you he could count.” Joey Fatone said, stepping inside.

 

“Well where’s Justin?” Chris asked.

 

 “Susan is still trying to finish Justin's cornrows so he'll be by in an hour or so." JC told Chris.

“Man that woman has been working on those braids for close to five hours, I’ll be surprised if he has any hair left.” Lance muttered as they kicked off their shoes.

 

“Well come in, let’s head to the Kitchen.” Chris said, leading them into the now empty kitchen.

 

“Why did we decide to move this again?” Ami’s voice came from the adjoining room.

 

“Because it’s easier then hauling all this shit between the two – Ow!” Came Darcie’s scream. “You did that on purpose!”

 

“You can’t get mad; I’ve been muttering for at least thirty seconds that I was going to drop it.” Ami told her, “Come on D, get that psycho look out of your eye!”

 

They heard a door slam and the sound of a body running into it. “If you break any of my doors you’re fixing them!” Chris yelled from the kitchen before turning back to his bewildered band mates. “Some mover’s man, you just can’t hire good help these days.”

 

“Oh come on Ami, I swear I won’t hurt you…that bad…I mean first you drop that damn box and almost break my back, not to mention Chris’s cd’s, then you go and slam a door in my face.” Darcie’s tone was sickly sweet, “If you come out now you’ll be my best friend.”

 

“Nice try, I am your best friend!” Ami’s muffled response came, “Hell I’ve been your best friend about two million times now because you keep saying that. You need a new line!”

 

“Shut up and let me in!”

 

“No!” Ami giggled.

 

“Excuse me while I break up this little tiff the slaves seem to be having.” Chris muttered getting up from his chair and walking to the next room.

 

“Did you guys know that Chris got a new girlfriend?” Joey asked Lance and JC as Darcie entered the room.

 

“Oh ewww.” Darcie said making the boys turn, “I mean no offence to Chris, but I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.”

 

Joey’s jaw dropped as he looked at Darcie as she leaned against the doorframe. “Holy shit!” He exclaimed jumping to his feet, “I’d recognize those green eyes anywhere!”

 

Joey scooped Darcie up in a hug and spun her around while squeezing her tightly. “How’s it hanging stud!”

 

“I can assure you it ain’t hanging at all right now!” He said as he set her down and held her at arms length to stare at her. “You look amazing!”

 

“Thanks and look, I kept the tits and gained an ass!” She said with a grin when his eyes practically bugged out of his head.

 

They turned back to JC and Lance who were still looking at her curiously. “Don’t tell me you guys don’t recognize our little Darcie.” Joey said to them.

 

“Oh my,” Lance said, stepping closer, “Canada?”

“Glad you remembered Mississippi!” Darcie exclaimed hugging Lance tightly. “Better then someone I could mention.” 

“Oh you did not just make fun of my crappy memory.” Ami muttered as she entered the room, “That’s it Chris, hold me back.”

 

Darcie scoffed and rolled her eyes, “Yeah, cause I’m really terrified of you.”

 

“You should be, I flail like the best of them.”

 

Chris sighed and shook his head, “Women.”

 

Joey slid up next to Ami and picked up her hand, kissing the back of it, “Well hello there!” He purred.

 

Ami smiled and pretended to curtsey, “Oh you’re smooth, I like you.”

 

Darcie grinned and looked shyly at JC only to see that he was staring at his feet. With a disappointed sigh she turned to Chris, “So where’s the hair disaster of the past five years?”

 

“I thought you liked the curls.” Chris shot back.

 

“I do like the curls, I don’t like them bleached white.” Darcie told him. 

“They’re definitely not bleached white.” Chris said.

 

 “Well I know the boy is sporting a fro that would make a 70’s porn star proud.” Darcie laughed. “Okay come on Aim’s, tear yourself away from the Italian Stallion and help me finish that stereo.”

 

“Sorry duty calls!” Ami sighed, “Nice to meet you JC.”

 

The guys looked at JC and could see the tips of his ears turning pink, knowing he was caught. The guys settled back down at the table and Chris looked at them all smugly.

 

“Quite the transformation huh?”

 

“Transformation doesn’t quite begin to describe it.” Lance told him, “Who’s the other girl?”

 

“Her best friend, apparently she’s been living with them for quite awhile.” Chris told him, “So what do you think JC?”

 

JC looked up at Chris and shrugged, “Are you sure you want them playing with your stereo?”

 

“Don’t change the – wait, they’re setting up my stereo?” Chris asked in a panic, “That’s a five thousand dollar piece of equipment!”

 

The guys watched Chris jump up from his chair and run into the next room screaming Darcie’s name. JC winced when Lance and Joey both turned back to him.

 

“So what do you think JC?” Lance asked.

 

“You don’t want to know Lance,” JC muttered, slamming his head down onto the table, “You really don’t want to know.”

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own the name NSYNC or anyone in or affiliated with the group. All original characters are my property along with the plot of this story.
Chapter 2 by mistressofburden
  Darcie and Ami looked up from the mostly assembled stereo system when Chris
entered the room screaming Darcie's name.
 
“What?” Darcie asked as she leaned back over to continue hooking up the speaker she was in front of.
 
“Please don’t take it out on my CD player!” Chris pleaded dropping to his knees and hugging her legs.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“Well I know you’re upset, but please, that’s an expensive piece of equipment!”
 
Darcie rolled her eyes and reached down to unhook Chris’s arms from her legs. “Chris, as much as my pride may be hurting right now, I have other ways to vent through my anger.”
 
“Like what?” Chris asked, looking up at her.
 
“Like beating you up if you don’t let go of me!” She snapped, tugging harder at his arms, “Stop being such a drama queen and go get me my CD book that’s over there.”
 
Chris pouted but released his hold and crawled to get the small book that was sitting by the window. He tossed it over to her and watched her flip through it as Ami plugged it into the wall. Darcie slid a CD into the tray and pressed play, scanning through the CD before selecting a song and pressing the volume button until a loud guitar chord blared out of the speakers.
 
“Jesus!” Chris cried, clapping his hands over her ears, “Could you turn it down a little?”
 
“If you don’t like it then go back to the boys in the kitchen!” Darcie shouted to him. 

“What?”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and turned around to turn the volume down. When she turned back to repeat what she had said she came face to chest with the remaining member of NSYNC, her hand hitting him hard in the stomach.

 

“I think I just broke my nose.” Darcie muttered, her voice muffled by Justin’s chest.

 

Justin stared down at the top of Darcie’s head and then up at Chris and Ami. “Hiring fan-girls to do your dirty work now Chris?”

 

Darcie scoffed and pushed herself away from Justin, “I am hardly a fan girl Timberlick.”

 

Justin shot a glare at her, which was quickly replaced by a look of shock once he had a good look at her, “Darcie?”

 

Darcie grinned at him and pretended to bow, “The one and only.”

 

“Dang girl, you got fine!” Justin exclaimed, taking her hand and spinning her in a circle.

 

Darcie giggled and finally managed to get a good look at his head, “Cornrows?” She exclaimed, “Are you trying to win worst hair of the year?”

 

“It’s easier to maintain.” He muttered, running his hand over his head.

 

“So is shaving it!” Darcy muttered as the other three guys entered the room, “Well now that home boy is here, you guys get to move in the heavy shit while Ami and I sit and watch.”

 

“Stare shamelessly is more like it.” Ami pointed out.

 

Darcie snuck a glance at JC and saw him looking at her, “Well maybe not shamelessly.” She said as they locked eyes.

 

Darcie jumped when Ami suddenly clapped her hands together, “Come on boys, give the two of us and the fan girls in the surrounding area a show and take of your shirts while doing it, k?”

 

“Ami!” Darcie hissed.

 

“What?” Ami asked innocently, “If I’m going to stare shamelessly I want something to stare at!”

 

Darcie shook her head, “I’m going to go get a beer, does anyone else want one?”

 

She groaned as everyone else’s hands shot into the air, “I’ll help you.” JC offered, following her into the kitchen and opening the fridge, “Leave it to Chris to not pick up twist offs.”

 

“Oh Jesus, and I bet that he doesn’t have a bottle opener anywhere around here.” Darcie muttered, “I should have worn my belt buckle with the bottle opener in it.”

 

“I don’t know how the hell we’re going to open these.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and took a bottle from him, looking around the kitchen before walking over to one of the drawers. She slid the bottle under the drawer handle and worked on loosening the cap.

 

“You’d have thought that it would kill him to step into a damn dollar store to buy a temporary bottle opener, hell even one at the liquor store but no, he needs a diamond encrusted one.”

 

Darcie looked back over her shoulder to see JC watching her amused. A small release of air announced the bottle was open and she put it on the counter, holding her hand out for a new bottle.

 

“So how have you been Darc?” He asked, hoping up on to the counter and raising the opened beer to his lips as she began working on opening the other six bottles he had taken out. “I haven’t seen you since we recorded the album.”

 

“If not longer then that.” Darcie told him, “But I’ve been good, living and all that.”

 

JC sighed and studied her as she grabbed a new bottle, “I’m really sorry that I didn’t stay in contact.”

 

Darcie made a face as she struggled with the fourth bottle of beer, “Well that’s the life of a pop star, you get famous and forget about the little people.”

 

“Chris didn’t.” JC muttered.

 

“Well, Chris is old.” Darcie joked, “He can’t spend those long nights at the bar meeting new people like the rest of you.”

 

“There are other ways to meet people aside from the bar.”

 

“Yeah but with his age, he’d forget names, faces, how to get home.”

 

Darcie was startled by JC’s loud laugh as she slipped the final bottle under the drawer handle. “God I missed you, even though you’re almost like a completely different person.”

 

“Is that bad?” She asked nervously.

 

“Not at all, just takes some getting used to I guess.”

 

Darcie cleared her throat, “Well I’m here now so we can spend some time catching up right?” She asked with a tight smile.

 

“Of course!” JC said, sounding genuinely happy over the prospect. “So is it just you and Ami living in Orlando?”

 

“No, mom got a little home sick for her family and managed to get herself transferred out here.” Darcie told him, “My sister got married about a year before that and stayed in Toronto.”

 

“What about your dad.”

 

Darcie gasped as the bottle that she had just opened splashed down the front of her. She released a few curses as she pulled her t-shirt over her head, not wanting the beer to soak through the tank top she wore underneath.

 

“Good thing I layer.” She giggled as she set the bottle down and turned to rinse her shirt out in the sink.

 

Darcie jumped when she felt JC’s finger touch her shoulder. “What’s this from?”

He asked, his finger sliding against the large scar that was peaking out from her tank top.

 

“It’s nothing, an accident in gym class.” She said quickly, adjusting her tank top to hide the ruined flesh, “Want to grab me another beer since I’m wearing half of the other one?”

           

“Uh, sure.” JC said, still trying to see the mark on her back.

 

“Though I suppose I could always just pour water into it and give it to Chris,” She muttered, “Not like he’d notice.”

 

“I heard that.” Chris said as he walked into the room and made himself known, “What’s taking you so long; I’ve already had to keep Ami from molesting the Timberlake Hiney.”

 

Darcie stared at him, blinking in shock, “Did she say that or did you come up with it?”

 

“I believe her exact words were ‘Hold me back before I do something to that ass he’s never experienced before.” Chris told her.

 

“What in the hell made her say that?” Darcie muttered, “Wait, did he take off his shirt?”

 

“Yep.”

 

Darcie groaned and shook her head, “I’m going to go and smack her back into the days of Team Carter.”

 

JC and Chris watched her walk from the room, Chris shaking his head, JC staring in amazement.

 

~ * ~

 

“Team Carter?” JC asked as Darcie disappeared around the corner.

 

“Yeah, it’s from back in the day when they liked Backstreet over us.” Chris told him, picking up one of the old beer bottles, “Those bitches.”

 

“Better not let them hear you say that, I have no doubt that Darcie and Ami could take you out.”

 

“Who said I was referring to Darcie and Ami?” Chris asked.

 

“Fair enough.”

 

“So what exactly was taking you two so long and why is she down a layer of clothing?”

 

JC rolled his eyes, “We were talking and trying to get the bottles open since someone didn’t buy a spare bottle opener.”

 

“Of course I didn’t buy a spare one; Ami’s wearing a belt buckle that has one on it.” Chris told him.

 

“Anyway, Darcie spilled some beer down the front of her shirt and she took it off to rinse it in the sink.”

 

Chris’s right eyebrow arched in suspicion, “So she just dumped beer on herself?”

 

“No the bottle slipped.” JC insisted, “I know that look and you can wipe it off right now. Her shirt is still in the sink if you don’t believe me.”

 

“Just watch yourself Josh; she’s still the same person she was when you told her that you loved her like a little sister. She is still the same person in the pictures we all have in every photo album and every picture frame.”

           

“I think you’re being slightly over protective and possessive.”

 

“For good reason, I saw how you guys were all looking at her.” Chris practically growled, “Don’t forget that if it weren’t for me, none of you would know her. She has always been like my little sister, from the minute I met her I’ve had to look out for her.”

 

“Chris what the hell are you talking about?”

 

“She’s been through things that you guys can never understand, why do you think I brought her on the tour as much as I could.”

 

Before JC could ask they were interrupted by Ami and Darcie walking into the kitchen. “I don’t care how hott he looked, you do not just grope the rear end of Justin Timberlake, his ego is big enough as it is.”

“Oh please he’s not that bad and you did not see what I saw.”

 

“Don’t forget the beer!” Justin shouted from the other room.

 

“Why don’t you just float over here on your ego and get it yourself.” Darcie shouted back.

 

“Oh lord she’s breaking out the ego insults, what did he do?” Chris asked.

 

“Well Ami just had to go up and grind herself against his ass and then smacked it and told him it was cute.” Darcie told him.

 

“And what’s wrong with that?” JC asked as the Darcie grabbed a beer from the fridge to replace the one she had spilled on herself.

 

“Because he stuck it in Darcie’s face afterward and asked her if she wanted to tap it too.” Ami giggled as Darcie slid the bottle under the drawer handle. “What are you doing?”

 

“Chris didn’t get a spare bottle opener.”

 

“Of course he didn’t, I’ve got your belt buckle on.” Ami said lifting her shirt to reveal the belt buckle that had a built in bottle opener.

 

Darcie’s jaw dropped as she slowly looked from her belt buckle to Ami’s face, “Ami! I spent two hours looking for that this morning!”

 

Ami’s face broke out into a large grin, “I know, why do you think me and your mom were laughing so hard.”

 

“You’re so dead.” Darcie muttered, advancing on her friend.

 

“You can’t hurt me, I have beer.”

 

“Watch me.” Darcie told her, chasing her out of the room.

 

JC shook his head as he walked from the room, “This isn’t over Chasez.” Chris told him.

 

“Yeah, whatever.”

Chapter 3 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:
This chapter was a little rough to write as it covers a lot of Darcie's history, both in her personal life and when she originally met the boys. The next few chapters are going to involve a lot of memories.

“Don’t disrespect me you ungrateful little bitch!” 

The pain shooting through Darcie’s arm as her father wrenched it behind her back made her cry out. She not only heard but felt the pop as her shoulder dislocated from its socket. Behind her Bronx, her three year old German Shepard, was growling and barking as he struggled against Ami’s hold, desperately trying to get between the man that was threatening his mistress. 

“Dad, please stop!” Darcie cried, tears streaming down her face. 

You are not taking off to go and hang out with those stupid pop boys.” Her father screamed at her as he pushed her to the floor. “Especially not with Chris, what does a man who’s almost 30 want with a 17 year old girl!” 

“Dad it’s nothing, you know it’s not!” Darcie pleaded, “He’s one of my best friends, he has been since him and Dale dated.” 

“And I have no doubt that you’re the one who broke them up.” 

“Jeremy please!” Darcie’s mother pleaded from her spot on the floor, holding her already bruising cheek, “You’re hurting her!” 

Darcie gasped and Ami screamed as Jeremy Fraser pulled his magnum revolver from the back of his pants. Darcie closed her eyes, her whole body shaking. Her father had always had a short temper, but add alcohol to the mix and it was down right deadly. He had pulled the gun on her brother in law once and had spent three months in jail, getting out on a technicality.  

A snarl behind them made both Darcie and her father turn in time to see Bronx break free of Ami and jump at Jeremy. Darcie screamed as her father calmly pulled the trigger, the force of the bullet sending her poor dog back with a yelp, before collapsing in a heap on the floor. 

~ * ~

 

Darcie’s eyes shot open and she fought against Chris’s arms as he shook her awake. Darcie breathed heavily and covered her face with her hands as she let the remainder of her nightmare wash itself from her mind.

 

“You alright?” Chris asked, pulling her to him.

 

Darcie had decided to spend the night when Ami headed out to a club with the rest of the guys. She and Chris had been watching a movie in his bed and she must have drifted off to sleep.

 

“Yeah, it was just a stupid nightmare.” Darcie said, wiping at the tears on her cheeks.

 

“Nightmare or memory?” Chris asked.

 

“Both I guess, it was a nightmare living through it.” Darcie muttered as she sat up.

 

“Darc, maybe you should get…”

 

“I’m not going to counselling Chris.” Darcie told him, “I saw one after it happened.”

 

“Ami is still seeing one.” Chris pointed out.

 

“Chris can we please not start this again?” Darcie pleaded, “I’ve dealt with what happened, I’ve moved on.”

 

“Is that why you’ve insisted that we don’t tell the guys what happened?”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes; she realized that there was going to be no way out of the conversation. They had been having it off and on for the entire time that they had known each other.

 

Darcie’s father had been a drinker for as long as she could remember, but it hadn’t been until she turned twelve that it had developed into an actual problem. Her mother always joked around, blaming it on the fact that his baby girl was reaching her teenage years.

 

It was around that time that he became abusive. Both Darcie and her older sister Dale had been spanked as children, but it was usually reserved for things that needed severe punishment, and even then it had been their mother that gave them.

 

Dale moved out once she turned eighteen and their mother began working nights once or twice a week at the bakery she had been employed at for almost ten years. The first night that Jeremy had hit Darcie was after they got into a fight and he slapped her across the face. He had hit her hard enough to split open her lip, but he had apologized quickly.

 

He didn’t touch Darcie for nearly three months, not even to give her a hug or a kiss goodbye when he went out of town on a conference. Not long after he returned he lost his job and began drinking steadily. With his drinking came an even shorter temper that was usually directed more at his wife, but when Darcie began sticking up for her mother, he began to abuse her.

 

Most times he would hit her when she made his temper flair up, then it became a game to see how much he could hit her before she cried or ran away. Most times Darcie would run to Ami’s house, which was just a few houses down, but then her mother or father would come looking for her.

 

When Dale announced that she was going to be bringing her new boyfriend home to meet the family, Jeremy backed off and didn’t touch Darcie. Of course that lasted for the first three days of Chris’s visit.

 

~ * ~

 Darcie grimaced as she caught sight of her reflection in the hallway mirror. Her black eye had gotten progressively worse through out the day. At least this time she had the satisfaction of knowing that her father was suffering much worse then her since she had managed to duck when he threw one final punch at her. If the crack had been indication, he had to have broken at least one knuckle when his fist hit the wall. 

“Hey kid, I’m ready for our – Jesus, what the hell happened to you?” Chris asked, climbing to his feet. 

Darcie groaned when she heard Chris’s voice. She had completely forgotten that she was going to go to Canada’s Wonderland with him, since Dale had made it obvious that she thought the idea was rediculess way to spend a Friday afternoon.  

“It’s nothing, just got into an argument with a kid in school.” Darcie muttered, ditching her bag in the hall closet.  

“I hope the little shit got suspended.” 

“It’s nothing Chris, don’t worry about it.” Darcie muttered, “Let’s go have some fun.” 

~ * ~

 

Of course she had only been able to keep up the stories for so long. After Chris and Dale had broken up, he and Darcie still remained in constant contact. NSYNC had been in New York City for an interview, and since the interview had been first thing in the morning, Chris decided to fly up to Toronto to surprise Darcie.

 

~ * ~

“You get back here!” Chris heard Jeremy’s angry shout as he climbed the front porch. 

“Fuck off dad,” came Darcie’s reply, “I’m going to Ami’s to study.” 

“Like hell you are.” 

Chris tried the door handle to see if it would open when he heard the sound of skin hitting skin. Luckily the door swung open and he was able to enter the house, finding Darcie sitting on the floor, a hand against her cheek, glaring up at her father. 

“What in the hell do you think you’re doing?” Chris demanded as he stood between them. 

“Chris, what are you doing here?” Darcie asked in surprise. 

“What, since one daughter dumped you, you have to go for the jail bait?” Chris winced at the smell of alcohol coming off of Jeremy.

“Just stay away from her Jeremy; you have no right to treat her like this.” 

“She’s my goddamned daughter; I’ll treat her any way I please!” 

Chris rolled his eyes and helped Darcie to her feet, “Go pack some clothes, you’re coming with me.” 

“Chris I can’t just leave, I have finals next week!” Darcie said, using his arm to balance herself when she was hit by a dizzy spell. 

“We’ll find a way to get you out of them, now go.” Chris said, pushing her gently, “And you, if you lay one finger on her again I’ll make sure to be all over your ass.” 

~ * ~

 

Chris had helped Darcie pack up some clothes, insisting that she pack more then the small suitcase she put together. Eventually he hauled out the two large ones that he had bought her when they began planning her summer vacation on tour so that she could meet the rest of the guys.

 

The entire time Darcie insisted that she wouldn’t be able to go for that long since she would need to be back in time for finals. Chris ignored her and ended up packing almost every piece of clothing that she had owned at the time. Once that was done he led her down the stairs and made sure to keep himself between Jeremy and Darcie before packing up her things into his car and driving down to the bakery where Darcie’s mother worked.

 

~ * ~

 “Chris, Darcie, what are you two doing here?” Samantha Fraser asked as she came from the back.

“Mrs. Fraser, I need your permission to take Darcie out of school and on tour with me earlier then we planned.” Chris told her. 

“What’s wrong?” Samantha asked them. 

“Chris walked in on me and dad having an argument.” Darcie sighed. 

“Some fucking argument.” Chris muttered. 

“Oh dear,” Samantha gasped, “He promised me that he wasn’t going to do that anymore!” 

Darcie laughed bitterly at that, “Please, you of all people should know not to trust anything that comes out of that mans mouth.” 

Samantha chewed on her bottom lip nervously, “I don’t know Darcie, what about your finals?” 

“I’m sure if you say that there was a family emergency the school can arrange to have them sent to her. Justin and Lance still have tutors so I’m sure one of them can over see her final.” Chris told her. 

“Mom, what will happen to you once dad finds out that you let me go?” Darcie asked suddenly. 

“Don’t worry about me baby, the man knows better then to mess with me.” Samantha hissed out, “Let me grab some paper and I’ll write a letter for the boarder patrol.” 

“What are you talking about?” Darcie asked. “Chris is going to need a letter that’s confirms that he has permission to take you out of the country since you’re still underage.” Samantha told her daughter, “Wait here and I’ll be back in a few minutes.” 

~ * ~

 

Darcie had been surprised at how easily her mother had given into the idea of Darcie leaving, especially since she only had a week of school left. Like Chris had said, Samantha told the school that there had been a family emergency and arranged for all of Darcie’s tests to be sent to the tutor that was teaching Lance and Justin. Before she even met the guys Chris hid her away in his house and made her study for her finals, insisting that meeting the other guys would only distract her. Of course she knew that the real reason for it had been to give her bruises time to heal, and there were a lot of them.

 

With Chris’s help she aced through her finals, and she had spent half of the time teasing him, telling him he missed his calling as a teacher instead of a Pop star. Once her finals were out of the way he took her shopping, insisting that after taking a look at her wardrobe, she was going to need new clothes for the tour.

 

Once she was settled and Chris was ready to introduce her to the guys, he invited them over to his place for a barbeque.

 

~ * ~

 Chris watched Darcie pace back and forth, tugging nervously and the hem of her shirt. “Would you relax?” Chris asked, “You’re going to wear a hole in my grass.” 

Darcie shot him a glare before resuming her pacing, “Do not even start with me Chris.” She muttered.  

“D there is nothing to be nervous about. You’ve seen the MMC tapes which mean that you have ammo against Justin and JC. Joey loves everyone, sometimes a little too much, and Lance is quiet and shy.” Chris told her, leaning back in his chair and taking a sip of his beer, “They’ll love you to bits.” 

“You’re just saying that.” Darcie said, walking to him and snatching the beer out of his hand and taking a sip. 

“Hey!” Chris shouted, snatching his beer back, “Your mother would kill me if she knew I let you drink.” 

“It was a sip, not like I downed a two six.” She snapped. 

Chris rolled his eyes, “I don’t know why you think that they’ll hate you. I love you, have since I met you.” 

Darcie sighed and sat down between his legs on the lounge chair. “You had to love me; you were trying to get into my sisters pants.” 

Chris burst out laughing as he sat up and wrapped his arms around her. He slowly began rocking them back and forth. “You’re all I ever wanted.” He sang loudly, out of tune and with a fake southern accent. 

“What are you doing?” Darcie giggled, pushing at Chris’s arms. 

“Trying to relax you.” He sang to the same tune, “'Cause you’re too up tight.” 

Darcie rolled her eyes and pushed harder at his arms, “Okay, you’re hilarious, now let me go.” 

“Not until you calm down.” Chris sang again. 

“This isn’t a Broadway play Christopher; you don’t have to sing every sentence to me.” She said, finally breaking free and attempting to stand up.  

When she looked back at Chris she could see the exact moment an idea hit him.

“I think it’s time to break out the big guns.” 

Darcie’s eyes widened as she started to back up, “Chris, no.”

“Oh yes, I think it’s time, to break out the giggle monster.” 

Darcie shrieked and turned to start running away from him, “Chris I’m not one of your baby sisters, you don’t have to tickle me.” 

“Oh I think I do!” Chris shouted, closing the distance between them. 

He lunged at Darcie and ended up slipping, only making her run as fast as she could. She glanced over her shoulder to watch him pick himself off the ground. When she turned back she slammed into some ones chest. If it hadn’t been for Joey bracing them, she and Justin probably would have fallen over.

Darcie quickly stepped back, a blush steadily creeping up her neck to her cheeks.

“Sorry.” She muttered softly.  

“It’s alright; you’re not hurt are you?” Justin asked, reaching out to steady her as she rubbed her nose gently.  

“It doesn’t feel like it’s broken.” Darcie muttered, still backing away. 

“You sure?” Joey asked, “Justin’s nipples could probably take an eye out.” 

Darcie’s lips twitched into a smile, “There’s a mental image I could have lived without.” 

Chris appeared at her side and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “Guys, this is Darcie; the one I was telling you about.” 

By now JC and Lance had entered the backyard and were looking at her curiously. Joey moved forward and picked up her hand, kissing the back of it, “So this is lil miss Canada.” 

Chris rolled his eyes, “That’s Joey; you’ll stay away from him if you know what’s good for you.” 

“Hey!” Joey exclaimed as Justin cackled and Darcie blushed, gently pulling her hand from him.  

“The fuzz ball beside him is Justin.” Chris said, as Justin held out his hand, “You probably won’t really hang out with him since any conversation will be one sided.” 

Darcie looked back and forth between them, “He doesn’t strike me as the shy type.” 

“He’s not; the conversation will be all about him.” Lance said walking up and grabbing her hand, “I’m Lance, second youngest of the group.” 

“Him you can hang out with, but his taste in music is slightly different from yours.” Chris warned her. 

“Why’s that?”  

“Two words, Garth Brooks.” Joey teased, “You don’t listen to that do you?” 

“Not exactly.” 

“The tall, skinny and anti-social one in the back would be JC.” Chris told her, “But watch out for that one, most girls your age have lost all innocence to that man.” 

“I beg your pardon.” JC said as he moved closer. 

“It’s 'cause you’re purdy JC.” Justin told him. “Let’s get this show on the road; me and Darcie will grab the beer.” 

Darcie’s eyes grew wide as Justin grabbed her hand and led her inside the house, “You two stay out of the alcohol!” 

~ * ~

 

Darcie gasped as Chris shoved a glass of milk under her nose. He must have gotten up while she was lost in her memories.

 

“What’s this for?” She asked, taking it.

 

“It’ll help you sleep.”

 

Darcie took a sip and could barely swallow it, “Chris, this is warm!”

 

“That’s the point, warm milk helps you sleep.” Chris said, climbing back into bed.

 

“That’s an old wives tale!” Darcie pouted.

 

“I don’t care drink it.” Chris rolled his eyes when Darcie scrunched up her nose, “It’s not going to kill you.”

 

“You probably slipped a valium in here or something.” She muttered as she plugged her nose and downed the glass.

 

“I wish I had thought of that.” Chris said as she placed the empty glass on the bedside table, “It would have saved me a lot of trouble.”

 

Darcie sighed and lay back down beside him, letting him pull her against his body. She was well aware how intimate their embrace was, but to her and Chris it had never been a big deal. When Darcie had first gone on the road with them she had often climbed into Chris’s bunk when ever she felt the pangs of home sickness. Chris’s arms brought her comfort that no one else’s ever had.

 

 “Get some sleep lil girl; we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” Chris’s voice rumbled in her ear.
Chapter 4 by mistressofburden

Ami collapsed into the seat beside Darcie, dark sunglasses over her eyes, and a hat pulled low on her head. Darcie smirked as she watched Ami raise a water bottle to her lips, taking a deep drink.

 

“Rough night?” Darcie asked as the reports filed in and filled the seats around them.

 

“I never thought it was possible to feel as bad as this.” Ami muttered. “Did you know that Joey is the master at getting the bartenders and waitresses to give us drinks?”

 

Darcie giggled, “Oh yeah, the first time me and Justin got drunk was because of Joey. And it was the night before a flight to Germany.”

 

“God, I wouldn’t be able to do it.” Ami groaned.

 

“We almost didn’t, Justin and I sat by the bathrooms and were constantly in and out of them.” Darcie giggled.

 

Ami groaned again and gripped her head, “I don’t even want to think about it, the drive over here almost killed me.”

“Who drove?” Darcie asked.

 

“Justin.”

 

Darcie released a low whistle, “You’re a brave woman.”

 

“Excuse me ladies, are these seats taken?” A man asked as he slid into the isle with them.

 

“Uh, no, go ahead.” Darcie told him.

 

The man and his female partner slid into the two empty seats besides them and Darcie began wondering if anyone around them had caught the conversation she and Ami had been having. Chris had always warned her to be careful who she mentioned their friendship to and who she mentioned it around. Lately she had been really careless since their friendship was such a natural thing.

 

“So who are you girls representing?” The woman asked as she fiddled with her camera, “You seem a little young.”

 

“Oh, we won a contest.” Darcie said quickly, “We get to spend the day with NSYNC, watch them in interviews, watch them rehearse, that kind of thing.”

 

“Really?” The man beside her asked, “I should give you my card and then we can interview you two tomorrow and find out all about it.”

 

“Sorry, that’s not possible; we had to sign an agreement that we can’t give any interviews.” Ami told him.

 

Darcie stared at her friend, impressed that she was able to think so quickly considering the hang over she was suffering from. “That’s a shame, but take my card anyway, in case you feel like giving one anyway.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes but took the card from him, shoving it in her pocket, “Yeah we’ll be sure to call you.”

 

Whatever the man was about to say to her was cut off by the guys entering the room.

 

~ * ~

 

“He’s playing with it again.” Ami whispered to Darcie.

 

Darcie’s eyes moved down the table to the end where Lance was sitting next to Joey. The poor guy looked extremely bored since the majority of the questions had been directed at Justin and JC. Lance dropped his name tag and started drumming his fingers on the table.

 

“Maybe we should ask him a question and save him from the boredom.” Darcie suggested.

 

“Oh Christ, now he’s playing with his pen.”

 

“I’m telling you man, he always has to play with something!” Ami stared at Darcie in shock, “What? Oh get your mind out of the gutter you perv.”

 

Ami’s shoulders began shaking, a sure sign that she was starting to giggle. Darcie glanced back at the table and saw Lance studying them both curiously, this time he was playing with his coffee mug. Darcie thought about what she said to Ami as one of Lance’s hands disappeared under the table, probably to scratch his leg.


The snort from beside her told her that Ami had definitely noticed that. Lance’s eyebrow arched as he continued to stare at the two of them, Ami’s giggling becoming contagious. Soon Darcie found herself unable to keep her own giggles from rising as Lance nudged Joey.

 

The man that had given Darcie his card glared at the two of them as Darcie leaned forward, her giggles escalating into full peals of laughter. She quickly climbed to her feet and slid past Ami, waving off the questioning looks the guys were giving her. She stepped out into the hallway and wiped at the tears that were in her eyes. Granted what had been said wasn’t all that funny, but the look on Lance’s face had been priceless.

 

“Sounds like you and your friend had a good giggle in there.”

 

Darcie gasped and looked towards the door to see the man she had been sitting besides coming out of the conference room. “Uh yeah, just something she said.”

 

He stepped up to her and extended his hand, “I didn’t have a chance to introduce myself, I’m Steve Gilmour.”

 

“Yeah, I gathered that from your card.” Darcie muttered, “I already told you, I’m not doing any interview.”

 

“That’s fine; I think I gathered enough information from today to write one hell of an article.”

 

Darcie’s eyebrow arched, “And what’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“I over heard you and your friend talking before I sat down.” Steve told her, “From the sounds of things you two seem to know the NSYNC guys pretty intimately.”

 

“Whatever relationship we have with the guys is our business, not yours.” Darcie muttered.

 

The door opened and people began streaming out of the room, a sure sign that the press conference was over. Darcie pushed herself away from the wall and started to move through the crowd back inside the room. She gasped as a hand closed around her arm.

 

“I could write an even better article with your help though.” He told her.

 

Darcie stared down at his hand, memories of the numerous times that Jeremy had grabbed her that way flashed through her mind. “Get your hand off of me.”

 

“Look I can pay you whatever you want; I just need some information about their upcoming tour and their plans for any new albums.”

 

“What you can do is get your hand off me right this minute.” Darcie said, trying to control her rising panic, “I’m not going to help you.”

 

“You’re throwing away a good opportunity for yourself.”

 

By now Darcie’s breath had quickened, and she turned to start prying at his fingers, “Please, you have to let go of me.”

 

Steve’s hand loosened, but instead of releasing her he grabbed both her shoulders. “Are you alright, you look a little pale.”

 

Darcie’s panic rose from mild anxiety to full on attack. She began pushing at Steve as hard as she could, trying to bite back the scream that was building up.

 

“Darcie?” Ami’s voice came from the doorway.

 

Darcie’s panic attack reached its breaking point and she began crying, trying to curl her body away from Steve. “Let me go!” She screamed at him.

 

“Chris!” Ami called into the room before running over to her friend.

 

Darcie felt the hands on her arms release her and she dropped to the floor wrapping her arms around herself. She could hear voices above her arguing as Ami knelt down beside her.

 

“I think we should take her home.” JC’s voice sounded in Darcie’s ear, making her look up.

 

JC was crouched beside Ami while Lance spoke to the reporter and the other three blocked Darcie from view. Darcie looked at him and nodded, letting him pull her to her feet. She sighed and leaned against him as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led her out where their cars were waiting.

 

~ * ~

 

“What the hell happened back there?” JC demanded as Ami joined them in the rec room.

 

“She had a panic attack.” Chris said as he took the play station controller from Joey, “It’s something she gets from time to time.”

 

“Well what brought it on?”

 

“JC, you getting angry isn’t going to help any.” Ami said calmly as she sat down next to Justin. My guess is that guy cornering her set her off.”

 

“But she’s used to reporters,” Lance said, “We made sure to put her through the public relations training.”

 

“Him being a reporter didn’t have anything to do with it either.” Chris sighed as Justin reached over and plucked the controller from his hands.

 

“Then what?” Joey asked, “There’s obviously more to it then some guy being a little over zealous.”

 

“Over zealous?” Ami laughed, “He practically had her pinned against the fucking wall!”

 

The play station game was paused and five sets of eyes turned to look at her.

 

“Did you just drop an F Bomb?” Justin teased, “And here I thought that Darcie was the vulgar one.”

 

“I’m not laughing Justin.” Ami snapped.

 

“She does swear from time to time you know.” Darcie muttered as she entered the room.

 

“I thought I told you to stay in bed.” Ami said, standing up and going to stand in front of her friend.

 

“What are you my mom?” Darcie asked, “I’m just grabbing some water.”

 

Ami muttered under her breath as she followed Darcie into the kitchen, “You need to tell them what happened to you.”

 

“It’s none of their business.” Darcie muttered as she opened the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

 

“It’s going to be if you keep having panic attacks every time someone grabs you like that.” Ami told her, “And it’s not fair to me and Chris to have to constantly come up with a cover story.”

 

“I know, but how do I tell them what happened?” Darcie sighed.

 

“You have to at least tell JC, Chris and I can tell the others.”

 

“Why do I have to tell JC?” Darcie questioned.

 

“Because if you ever want a chance with him; he’s going to need to know what you’ve been through.” Ami told her, “And believe me, it’ll be better coming from you then me.”

 

Darcie sighed, “Fine I’ll tell him.”

 

“Good, you can tell him today.” Ami said, shoving her towards her room, “First you need to go and sleep.”

 “Yes mother.” Darcie giggled.
Chapter 5 by mistressofburden

Darcie looked up from her photo album as the door to her room opened.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping’?” JC asked as he stepped inside and closed the door.

 

“Well wouldn’t you being up here be completely redundant then?” Darcie shot back, “What brings you to this part of the house?”

 

“They kept saying that someone should come check on you and then made it very obvious that it should be me.” JC said stretching out on the bed beside her. “How are you feeling anyway?”

 

“Better.” Darcie muttered, her cheeks pinking, “I’m a little embarrassed that I freaked out that way, but I’ve never been good with people I don’t know cornering me like that.”

 

JC didn’t say anything as he pulled her photo album from her hands and flipped to the beginning of the book. “When are all these from?” He asked.

 

Darcie looked over his shoulder and stared at the pictures of her and Chris. “Those are from before I met you guys.” She told him grinning at the pictures that were taken in the photo booth of Canada’s wonderland. “He came to visit when you guys had a week break and we went to an amusement park.”

 

JC whistled low as he slid one of the pictures out and studied it closely, “That’s quite the shiner you got.”

 

Darcie blushed and plucked the picture from his hand and slid it back into its home. “Yeah, it hurt like a bitch too.”

 

Darcie flipped the page and grinned at the picture of her with JC, Joey, Justin and Lance crammed into a bunk bed. “Hey I forgot all about this one!”

 

~ * ~

 “Where did Chris get that this would be a good idea?” Justin grumbled as Joey boosted him up. 

“Cause Darcie was the one who said we should get a picture of it.” Lance laughed as he curled himself into the corner so Darcie could lean out. 

“You guys were the ones who wanted to wake JC up and show him what he looks like in the morning.” Darcie muttered as she pulled on Justin’s arm, “It’s not my fault he’s sleeping on the top bunk.” 

“Good thing we went with the open concept, otherwise squeezing us all in to one of the bottom bunks would have been a pain.” Joey muttered as he pulled himself up by JC’s head. 

They waited for Chris to pull himself up onto the top bunk opposite of them before the four of them pounced on JC, tickling him awake.  

“What the - ?” JC shrieked as he sat up, smacking his forehead on Justin’s chin. Justin glared at JC as Joey and Darcie grabbed JC’s shoulders and turned him to face Chris. Both Joey and Darcie pressed their lips to JC’s cheeks as Lance and Justin moved to either side of them.  

~ * ~

 

“Stephanie was so mad at you guys because it took her so long to cover me and Justin’s bruises for the appearance that night.” JC laughed.

 

Darcie giggled and flipped the page, looking at the pictures that she had taken of all the guys, “You all look like babies, nice hair there Caesar.”

 

JC scowled, “I hated that hair cut.”

 

“Could be worse, Joey had greaser hair and Justin and Lance’s could bring down a plane.” Darcie giggled.

 

“Where in the world did you get this one?” JC laughed holding it up.

 

“One roll of film three dollars, batteries for the flash six dollars, a picture of Justin Timberlake picking his nose and not knowing he got caught, priceless.” Darcie told him.

 

“I can’t believe you never showed that to me!” JC laughed, “Does Justin know you have this?”

 

“Why do you think he bought me a play station?”

 

JC grinned and shook his head, flipping through the pictures. He stopped and pulled one of the two of them from its sleeve. Darcie studied him as he stared for along time at the picture, a smile slowly spreading across his lips.

 

“This picture used to drive Bobbie up the wall.” He said with a sigh.

 

“Why, it’s only a picture.” Darcie muttered.

 

“Chris and the guys blew this one up and framed it for me for Christmas a few years ago.” He told her, “It’s actually hanging in my room.”

 

~ * ~

 “Darcie don’t fall off that speaker, your mother would hunt me down and kill me if you did.” Chris called from above Darcie. 

Darcie’s head slowly rose from her book as he swung past her in his harness. They were going through the choreography for Sailing, which meant that for the previous thirty minutes Darcie had listened to Chris whining about not wanting to get into his harness since he hated heights. 

“I’m fine Christopher, really!” She muttered, “Stop worrying, you’re like mother hen.” 

“Besides, she’s not even that high up.” JC said as he did a flip in his harness. 

“Don’t start the teaming up thing!” Chris snapped, “Must you do that, it makes me nauseous to watch you.” 

Darcie rolled her eyes as Lance flew past her, Justin close behind him. “I really feel sorry for the guys who have to work your rigging!” She called to them. 

“It’s like being Peter Pan, Canada.” Lance said, “You should try it.” 

“No way in hell am I doing my Wendy Darling impression.” Darcie muttered, noticing that Chris’s back was finally to her. “Oh God!” 

Chris spun around when he heard Darcie’s scream, “What happened?” 

“Oh God, you should see your face!” She said, bursting into giggles. 

“Cute, are you trying to give me a heart attack?” Chris demanded.  

Darcie tried not to laugh, she really did, but the sight of Chris hanging in front of her from a harness, pale from his fear of heights and trying to act like he was mad was just too much. 

“She doesn’t have to try, at your age it’s to be expected.” JC called out from where he was. 

“Now I know where she’s getting it from.” 

Chris and JC started fighting in mid air until two techs pulled the switches that pulled them apart. Of course that didn’t stop them from continuing to throw punches and kick their legs as they were separated. 

“Chris, I need to check one of the cables in your harness!”  

Darcie giggled as Chris all but kissed the ground when he was released from his harness. She jumped as JC’s hands fell on her shoulders to steady him. 

“Hi.” He said with a grin, “You sure you don’t want to try this?” 

“No thanks, I’ll probably scream louder then Chris.” She said as she saw Chris take a picture of Lance and Justin doing flips together. 

Joey flew past her, posing like superman, “Come on D, they’re a lot of fun.” 

“Nah, if she doesn’t want to go in them we shouldn’t force her, it would only mean that she wouldn’t have any fun.” 

Darcie smiled up at him, “Thanks JC.” 

They both blinked when Chris flash went off from below them, “Awww my babies are growing up.” 

~ * ~ 

JC looked up at Darcie as a loud yawn came from her. “You should really get some sleep.”

 

“Sorry, it’s not the company.” She told him, “Would you mind sticking around till I fall asleep?”

 

JC nodded and wrapped the blanket around her as she snuggled into her pillow. He continued flipping through the pictures, smiling at the picture of the six of them throwing water at each other in a fountain in Rome, and the aftermath of Darcie on Joeys back and the guys surrounding them, all of them soaked and sporting cheesy grins.

 

He glanced back and saw that Darcie was sleeping so he stood up and walked over to her dresser, putting the photo album on top of it. He started to turn away when a piece of paper with his name on it caught his attention. He stole a look at Darcie before picking them up and settling into the chair in the corner of her room and started to read.

Dear JC, 

If you’re reading this it means that you know everything and this is my chance to make you understand. In order for that to happen, you need to know what happened to me since the last time any of you saw me. 

I used to think that my dad’s behaviour was his own individuality, kind of like a finger print. I never really thought much about it.

So what if I was adding one or two extra bottles to the pile in the garage each week. Even when mom and I returned the bottles at the end of the month and I discovered those “extras” helped Vodka and Jack Daniels out number Snapple and coke two to one, I still made excuses for him. Maybe we had had company, or maybe it had been awhile since we dropped off the empties. Then there was mom’s joke that Dad was trying to escape the idea that his baby was growing up. But I knew that we hadn’t had any visitors and we had dropped off the empties at the end of the month like we always did. Mom’s joke was a little to real, especially since he had started having more then just one beer after work not long after I turned thirteen. 

I wanted so badly to believe that it was nothing that I convinced myself just that.

He called it a “Social Drink” when I asked him about it, I called it getting plastered. Either way it left me feeling completely alone. 

There were so many changes in my family. 

My sister had moved in with her boyfriend and they became engaged. Mom spent the hours that she wasn’t at the bakery over at their house, helping her plan the wedding and never wanted to talk about dad’s hobby. I spent my time alone or with my friends, and dad, well dad turned to alcohol to tame his demons. 

The one time I asked Dale about it she shrugged it off, blaming it on stress. Then he lost his job. 

Soon the drinking wasn’t enough for him. He started with a simple slap across the face after we got into an argument about a class I missed. Soon it became and every day thing.

At first I took it, not wanting to hurt him back, but eventually I had to do something. I finally began to hit back and threw as many punches at him as he threw at me. Of course he would usually win, since he was stronger, or else he’d just go back to his booze and leave me in my room, broken and beaten. Each night, once he left, I’d call Ami and she’d let me cry and tell her everything. 

One time Chris actually caught my dad in the act, and took me away from it all. That was when I first met all of you.

He arranged for me to take my finals in Orlando and then we just hung out until my bruises were healed. 

When I got back my dad seemed to stay away, it seemed the three months of me being away had managed to calm him down enough.

Then one night, while mom and Dale were once more out discussing the wedding, dad got drunk and flew off the handle about tripping over Bronx’s toys. He said that he didn’t understand why you guys would have bought me a dog without checking with him first. 

After that I began sneaking out and crawling through a window that Ami left open for me. I’d sleep in her room until the next morning and then go back home and sneak in to my bed.

Dad caught me one time and nailed my windows shut. 

Now after each beating the only thing I could do was turn on my CD player and cry while listening to your voices sing me to sleep.

Mom was afraid to leave him; she couldn't support us and pay for Dale's damn wedding. I eventually ran away from home, not being able to take the abuse any more.

Ami’s parents took me in, wanting to phone the police. I avoided my home so much that I’m surprised Ami’s parents didn’t own my birth certificate.  

For months they tried to convince me and mom to phone the police, but then dad and Dale’s fiancé had an argument that ended with dad pulling a gun on him and getting arrested. 

He got out on a technicality.

The officer that responded to the scene put the wrong date on his report and dad was released.

The night he got home he beat me so bad I was in the hospital for two weeks. Mom told me that Chris had phoned a few times, but dad told him that I was away visiting my family in Alberta. 

Ami brought my NSYNC CD and my photo albums to the hospital. Each night I fell asleep listening to the CD and staring at the pictures in my photo album. 

For a while I hated you and the other guys.  

So many times you guys promised that you would always be there and never forget me, and here I was all alone and terrified of what would happen to me when I got out. I was bitter and wanted to blame someone for my situation. 

When I got home from the hospital, my feelings of hate were taken away the minute I looked into Bronx’s face. I knew that I was still in the back of your mind and I knew that if you could have protected me from all the nightmares I was living through you would have. 

Ami had sent Chris an email, telling him what had really happened, and he came to see me for a few days. He told you guys that he had come for Dale’s wedding, even though it was no where near the date.

He told my dad that if he touched me again he’d have him thrown in jail, and since Chris had access to the best lawyers, dad believed him. Things settled down around my house, dad never came near me again.  

Ami moved in a few months later. Her parents were killed in a car crash and her brother was living in Holland. Ami didn’t want to move away from home, so mom took her in like her parents had once done for me.  

Everything was fine until that horrible night.  

When Bronx died a piece of my heart died with him. He was my only connection to my four brothers and the man that I knew I loved with all my heart, body and soul.

Since you’ve never been shot, let me tell you what it feels like.  

Take the worst punch you’ve ever been hit with and multiply it by a thousand, that’s just the impact. After that it burns, like holding a lighter for too long once it’s lit. It’s enough to take your breath away. After that your body goes cold, except for where the wound is, it’s burning hot with pain and the warmth of your blood seeping from it. 

Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight? I have, it looks black, not red. 

After that, Dale called off her wedding and helped Ami find a place to live until mom and I got out of the hospital. In that time Ami graduated from High School and I gave up the hope of attending college that September. When mom was released, she phoned my Aunt and Uncle in Orlando, asking if we could stay with them for little while. She had to get away from all the memories Toronto held.

We packed our things and moved into my aunt’s guest house for a few months. My uncle helped my mom get a good paying job and eventually we moved into a small house of our own. I called Chris as soon as we were settled to give him my new phone number and address.  
He called me a few days ago, wanting to know if Ami and I would help him move into the condo. He promised to provide, beer, pizza and entertainment. When I asked if the entertainment would be strippers he told me I’d have to settle for Justin and Lance arguing over which way the pillows went on the couch. 

So here it is, moving day. It’s about four in the morning and I’m sitting on my bed to nervous to sleep. I’m nervous about what you guys will think of me when you see me. I'm nervous about what Ami will think of you guys and vice versa. But most of all I'm nervous about seeing you again.  

I know that when I see you I’ll want to run and throw myself in your arms and tell you everything. I want to tell you I love you more than life itself even if you don’t feel the same about me. 

I should try and get some sleep; after all, I’m sure Chris will have me and Ami doing all the work.

Much love,
Darcie



~ * ~

 

Darcie slowly opened her eyes and stretched, stopping mid groan when she spotted JC sitting in the corner. His face had traces of tears on it and he was holding several pieces of paper in his hand.

 

“If that’s a song, I highly recommend not putting it on the album.” She teased, startling him, “If it makes you cry think of what it’ll do to the fan girls.”

JC sniffled and climbed to his feet, sitting down at the edge of her bed, and taking her hand. “Darcie, I want you to tell me everything, right now.”

Chapter 6 by mistressofburden

Darcie’s eyes widened as she recognized her own hand writing on the pages JC held. “You weren’t supposed to see that.”

 

JC looked at the pages before letting them slip from his fingers to the floor at his feet. “Then why did you write it?

 

Darcie shrugged, “Writing things down helps me clear my head.”

 

“So then why didn’t you write it in a journal?”

 

Darcie sighed, “I don’t have a journal. When there’s something I need to work through I write it out and then I destroy it.”

 

“Why?” JC asked, moving closer to her, “Why go through all the trouble of writing it out not to have it to read afterwards?”

 

“I read a quote somewhere that said ‘owning a diary is like reliving your own vomit’ or something close to that.” Darcie sighed, “Writing things down makes me relive what happened helps me to work through it and that’s the end of it. Why would I want to relive the things I wrote to you in that letter more then once?

 

“I still have nightmares about everything that happens. I dream that my dad will find us, come into my room and beat me some more.”

 

“But there are things you can do to prevent that!” JC told her, grabbing her hand, “There’s alarms and you could even get a restraining order!”

 

Darcie’s smile and laugh were bitter, “Oh he won’t come for us.”

 

“How do you know that?” JC demanded, “Maybe you should move in with Chris, or with one of us.”

 

Darcie squeezed his hand, “My dad can’t come after us because he’s dead.”

 

Darcie almost laughed at the look of shock on his face. Darcie sighed and climbed off her bed. She walked to her closet, pulling a shoe box down from the top shelf. She returned and sat down beside him, removing the lid and pulling a newspaper article from the top.

‘Local man killed in Police stand off.’ 

“I don’t understand.” JC said, looking up from the newspaper. “Your letter said that you had been shot.”

 

“I was, so was my mom, and so was Bronx.” Darcie said, “Ami had called the police and they came to the house and dad, well he eventually went out and aimed his gun at the closest officer and was shot dead.”

 

“I thought you said you had to put Bronx down.” JC said.

 

“The damage done by the bullet was so bad that there was no chance of him surviving.” Darcie sighed, wiping the tears in her eyes away.

 

“Do you remember when we gave him to you?”

 

Darcie giggled and nodded, “He was such a little trouble maker.”

 

~ * ~

Darcie turned her head towards the hotel room door. She could have sworn that she had heard Justin’s giggle outside the door. When the door didn’t open she shrugged to herself and went back to her book. 

She was enjoying being on tour with the guys, she only had a month left on tour and she was already a week late going back, but her mother had already told the school that she was out of the country, and Ami was collecting all her notes for her. 

She tossed the book down, this time knowing that she had heard not only Justin, but Chris and JC too. She strained to hear them, but the voices had faded to the point where she could only hear them murmuring. She sighed and picked her book up again, she was sharing the room with Chris and JC this week so she figured they must have run into Justin out in the hallway and the three of them were just talking. 

Darcie jumped as the phone beside her rang, disturbing the silence. She finally tossed her book in the direction of her suitcase, deciding that she wasn’t going to get through it. 

“Hello?” She asked as she held the receiver to her ear. 

“Hi honey, how’s the tour?” The voice of her mother was comforting to her.  

“Its fun, I wish I could stay a little longer.” Darcie told her. 

“I know honey, but you do have to come home sometime.” Samantha told her, “But other then that, have the boys given you anything for your birthday?” 

“I get to watch the show in the VIP box; I think that’s present enough.” 

“Oh Darcie, you get to see the show from there every night!” Shannon laughed. 

“Well they’re having an after party that they’re decorating for my birthday.” 

“How do you know that?” 

Darcie laughed, “They told Lance and he can’t lie to save his life.” 

“Well I just called to wish you a happy birthday; you’ve got a bunch of presents from us and Ami for when you get back home.” Shannon told her, “I’m sure Ami will be phoning you a little later, do you want to talk to your father?” 

“Um, I should actually hang up; it’s almost time for sound check anyway.” 

Darcie heard her mother sigh, “You can’t run away forever.” 

“I know mom, love you.” 

“Love you too dear.” 

Darcie rolled over to hang up the phone and noticed that the entrance of the room was brighter then normal. 

“Go forward you stupid thing!” She heard Chris whisper. 

“Way to go C, you picked the stupid one.” Justin hissed. 

“He’s not stupid, he’s scared!” JC snapped at him. 

“Shh, she’ll hear you!” Joey’s voice sounded muffled, which probably meant he was still out in the hallway. 

Darcie rolled her eyes and walked to the door, “Guys you all suck at being stealth – oh my God!” 

Justin, Chris and JC looked up from where they were crouched on the floor, Joey and Lance had their heads poking through the door and on the floor in front of all of them sat a German Shepard puppy.

 “Umm, happy birthday.” JC said. 

Darcie quickly scooped the puppy up in her arms, nuzzling it’s soft fur, “You guys, you’re amazing!” 

“You should be thanking JC; he’s the one that came up with the idea.” Lance told her. 

“What’s his name?” Darcie asked, looking at JC. 

Bronx, like the dog on the Gargoyles cartoon that you like.” JC told her, his cheeks pinking slightly. 

Darcie ran over and hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek, “I love him!” 

“It’s so that he can watch out for you when we can’t.” Chris said softly. 

~ * ~

 

“I think I know why Chris said that now, I didn’t think of it at the time.” Darcie whispered to JC.

 

JC pulled Darcie down onto his lap, “Darcie, tell me about what happened.”

 

Darcie sighed and reached down and pulled her shirt over her head, lowering the strap of her bra. She jumped as JC touched the scar on her shoulder. “It’s the exit wound that makes it seem a lot worse then it was. If he had been sober I probably would be dead since the doctor figures he was going to aim for my heart.”

 

“Does it hurt now?”

 

Darcie shook her head, “It gets stiff, and I sometimes have limited mobility. The day we moved Chris in and Ami and I were moving that bitch of a box, her side slipped a little and it made me pretty much drop my side cause my hand had started to go numb.”

JC’s thumb rubbed slowly over the scar, “Tell me what happened.”

~ * ~ 

“Mom, do you need anything else at the store?” Darcie called from the front door, she looked at Ami when there was no response, but Ami could only shrug.

“Maybe she didn’t hear you.” 

Darcie sighed and kicked her shoes off, walking towards the back of the house. “Mom?” 

Darcie gasped as her father appeared around the corner, grabbing her arm.

“And just where do you think you’re going?” 

“I need to go get a few things from the store.” Darcie told him, “Ami and I go on tour soon remember?” 

“No you’re not!” Jeremy yelled at his daughter. 

A growl drew Darcie’s attention, “Ami, can you take Bronx outside?” 

“Sure.” Ami said, turning to grab the dog by his collar, “My God, Samantha!”

Darcie glanced over her shoulder and saw her mother sitting on the floor, her eyes were closed.
 

“What did you do?” She demanded of her father. 

“Shut up, you have no right to ask questions.” Jeremy snapped, twisting her arm slightly. 

“The hell I don’t, what did you do to my mom!” 

“Don’t disrespect me you ungrateful little bitch!” 

The pain shooting through Darcie’s arm as her father wrenched it behind her back made her cry out. She not only felt but heard the pop as her shoulder dislocated from its socket.

Behind her Bronx was growling and barking as he struggled against Ami’s hold, desperately trying to get between the man that was threatening his mistress. 

“Dad, please stop!” Darcie cried, tears streaming down her face. 

“You are not taking off to go and hang out with those stupid pop boys.” Her father screamed at her as he pushed her to the floor. “Especially not with Chris, what does a man who’s almost 30 want with a 17 year old girl!” 

“Dad it’s nothing, you know it’s not!” Darcie pleaded, “He’s one of my best friends, he has been since him and Dale dated.” 

“And I have no doubt that you’re the one who broke them up.” 

“Jeremy please!” Samantha pleaded from her spot on the floor as she seemed to snap back into consciousness, holding her already bruising cheek, “You’re hurting her!” 

Darcie gasped and Ami screamed as Jeremy pulled his magnum revolver from the back of his pants. Darcie closed her eyes, her whole body shaking.  

A snarl behind them made both Darcie and her father turn in time to see Bronx break free of Ami and jump at Jeremy. Darcie screamed as her father calmly pulled the trigger, the force of the bullet sending her poor dog back with a yelp, before collapsing in a heap on the floor.

Darcie stared at her dog, listening to the quiet whimpers that were escaping him as Ami pressed her hands to the bullet wound. 

“What have you done?” Darcie cried, turning her eyes to her father. 

“Something I should have done the minute that you walked through the door with that fucking thing!” 

Darcie twisted her body, managing to free her arm, “You’ve lost your mind!”  

Jeremy’s hand wasn’t steady as he aimed the gun at his daughter, “No, I’m just sick of having to deal with you.” 

It took Darcie a few seconds to realize that the noise she had heard was the gun going off.

She staggered as the bullet slammed through her shoulder. It was enough to almost knock her off her feet, but it definitely brought her to her knees. At first she couldn’t feel any pain, then she felt something warm soak through her shirt, and she raised her right arm to see what it was. Her fingers came away, covered in liquid. She knew it was blood, but because of the moonlight shining through the window, it appeared black instead of red. She tried to raise her left arm and a burning sensation tore through her shoulder and she fell forward. 

~ * ~

 

“I woke up in the hospital four days later.” Darcie told him, not failing to notice how his arms had tightened around her. “They had done emergency surgery to repair the bone and tissue as much as they could. I have six pins and several screws holding the bone together. They said that the damage would have been a lot worse if dad hadn't already dislocated my shoulder.”

 

“What about your mom?” JC asked, drawing Darcie’s attention to his face.

 

“She was shot in the leg.” Darcie said, wiping the tears from his cheeks, “They think dad probably was going to shoot Ami too, but she had run from the house to call the cops.

 

“Mom was out of the hospital within a few weeks, I was out after six months. Of course I had to go through some intense physio. Ami had called Chris and he came out to Toronto. He was the one that suggested to mom that she move out to Orlando. He knew my aunt and uncle were out there, and he suggested that it would be best for all of us.”

 

“But how did he go to Toronto without the rest of us knowing?” JC asked.

 

“You guys were on your break, as far as you guys knew, he was just coming out to visit me.” Darcie told him.

 

They jumped as the door flew open and Darcie quickly jumped to her feet. Justin stared at her for a few minutes. He and Darcie stared at each other and she could see that his eyes were shining.

 

“Darcie?” Justin said softly.

 

“Everything okay Justin?” Darcie asked.

 

She just about fell over when Justin’s body slammed against hers and he pulled her to him and hugging her tightly. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him back. She soon felt JC’s arms slide around them and the three of them held onto each other tightly like lifelines.

 

A sniffle in the doorway made them break apart as Lance appeared, tears in his eyes. Darcie laughed and held open her arms, hugging him when he wrapped his arms around her. Chris and Joey appeared not long after and Darcie rolled her eyes.

 

“Let’s just get this over with, group hug!” She teased.

 

The guys all laughed softly and Darcie soon found herself in the middle of all five of them.

 

“Well damn, if I had known you were going to have a boy band orgy, I would have come up a lot sooner.” Ami said her voice thick with unshed tears.

“Come on Aims, come get some lovin’.” Justin said, holding a hand out to her. 

After a few minutes Darcie pushed at them, “Alright, enough of this mushy crap, I’m hungry!”

 

The guys left and began to file out of her room. Chris kissed the side of her head before screaming Joey’s name as he left the room. Darcie shook her head and moved to the door.

 

“Darcie?” She stopped and looked back at JC, “What about now?”

 

“Now?”

 

“Yeah, how are you doing now?” He asked.

Darcie smiled and held out her hand to him, lacing her fingers through his. “Now, things are perfect!”

Chapter 7 by mistressofburden

“No way in hell!” Came Darcie’s angry tone as she moved through the racks of bathing suits, trying to find the one that Ami had sent her to find.

 

“Oh come on Darcie!” Joey exclaimed as he followed her between the racks, “You can’t go to Cancun and not have a bathing suit.”

 

Darcie stopped and pulled the leg of her jeans up, “Does it look like my pasty ass gets much sunlight?”

 

“But it’s Cancun!” Joey whined.

 

“I don’t care!” Darcie mocked him, “The last thing anyone wants to see is my blinding white skin. Not to mention I have a nasty ass scar on my shoulder that not too many people want to look at.”

 

“You’ll be with us, and we won’t care!”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes as she finally found the suit she was looking for and stormed back over to the fitting rooms, thrusting it at Justin. “Give this to her, I’ll be in the food court.”

 

Darcie wrapped her arms around herself as she left the store. It had been several months since she and Ami had told the guys what had happened to Darcie. In that time the guys had managed to finish most of their new album and their lawsuit was settled against Lou, they were finally free.

 

To celebrate they had decided to fly their families out to Cancun for Christmas, and that had of course, included Ami and Darcie.

 

~ * ~

 

“I don’t care Chris, I can’t afford to go!” Darcie told him, “And I highly doubt Ami can either.”

  

“Lance is writing her ticket off as a business expense since she’s his personal assistant now.” Chris told her. “I can pay for yours; think of it as an early Christmas present.”

  

Darcie turned away from the vegetables she was chopping and pointed the knife at him, “You are not paying for me Christopher.”

“Come on D!” Chris pleaded, “You need this vacation as much as we do!” 

 

Darcie sighed and went back to her vegetables. “Chris, I just got this job, and my boss is already pissed that I’ve taken off three months next year for the record promotion and first two weeks of the tour. Not to mention that I’ve made myself unavailable on weekends, which believe me, retail bosses don’t like.”  

 

“So then why did you take that job?”   

 

“I couldn’t get a nine to five and I needed something!” Darcie sighed and rolled her neck.   

 

“Then quit and come work for me instead.” Chris said, “All of us have been thinking of getting PA’s since Lance got Ami working for him.”  

 

“Chris you have one.” Darcie told him, throwing the knife down in frustration, “Danielle does everything that you need when it comes to Fu-Man remember?”  

 

“I never said be my PA for Fu-Man.”  Darcie turned and stared at him, “And just what would I do, answer your fan mail?”  

 

“Not exactly.”  

 

“So that means you haven’t thought of anything for me yet.”  

 

“It’s not that.” Chris told her, “It basically means you’re in charge of making sure that I remember to set my alarm, feed my dogs, run errands for me.”  

 

“So I’m a mix between your babysitter and your personal slave.”  

 

“Exactly!” Chris laughed, “Come on D, think about it.”  

 

~ * ~

 

Now it was a month later and she had taken Chris up on his offer. It hadn’t been as bad as she thought it would be. At first he tried to get her to do stupid things, like phone her at four am asking her to make sure that she didn’t forget to come by and wash his underwear for him since he had none for rehearsal that day. Darcie walking in with a bucket of cold, soapy water and dumping it on him an hour later got him out of it really quick.

 

Now the worst thing she had to deal with was Danielle when she was having a bad day and couldn’t get a hold of Chris. The rest of the time she got to sit and watch them record. The rest of the time she ran minor errands for not only Chris but the other guys as well. In fact, they five of them had officially hired and Ami as their personal assistants.

 

Darcie jumped when her cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket and glanced at her caller id. When she saw it was Ami she tucked it away and kept walking. She moved to the side to let a woman with a stroller pass her and happened to look in the window of the store across from her.

 

Darcie felt her lips pull into a smirk, “They want me to wear a bathing suit, and they’ll see me in a damn bathing suit.”

 

~ * ~

 

Darcie and Ami were the first ones on the private plane that the guys had hired for the trip to Cancun. They sat down in their seats and Darcie immediately started flipping through her CD’s.

 

“So has JC asked you out yet?” Ami asked causing the CD’s to slip from Darcie’s hands.

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me.” Ami said, putting her head back, “You guys have been together a lot over the past couple of weeks.”

 

“I work for him.” Darcie muttered.

“So do I and I’m not sleeping at his house and going for dinner with just him.” Ami pointed out.

 

Darcie felt her cheeks turn red, “Yeah, well what about you and Justin?”

 

“Believe me, if he had asked me out, you would know it.” Ami said, but her cheeks were turning as red as Darcie’s.

 

“Dare I ask why you guys are all red?” Joey asked as he and the guys made their way onto the plane.

 

“Well you know we had to get our quickie in before you all got on the plane.” Darcie told him sarcastically.

 

“Thank God our mothers are on the later flight.” Chris said, sitting next to Darcie.

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and leaned her head back to sleep her way through the flight.

 

~ * ~

 

Darcie sighed as she lay down on the bed. “This is heaven.”

 

Ami turned her head from where she was laying on the bed beside Darcie’s, “Do you think we could convince the guys to buy us beds like these?”

 

“How do we make it a business expense?”

 

“We can promise that we won’t be cranky when Justin wants Starbucks at four am.”

“If it meant that I could have this bed, I’d do Chris’s laundry for a month.” Darcie sighed.

 

Both girls stared at the phone when it started ringing. “You answer it.”

 

“You’re closer.”

 

Ami rolled her eyes and stretched her fingers out to see if she could get the phone. Her hand closed over the receiver and brought it to her ear. Darcie closed her eyes and tuned out the conversation, but glanced at Ami when she hung up.

 

“The boys are going to the beach and according to Justin we have to be dressed and in the lobby in ten minutes.”

 

Darcie sighed and sat up, “I knew it was really his ego and not gel that held those curls up.”

 

~ * ~

 

“Darcie comes on!” Chris called from the water, “There’s no point in tanning since what isn’t covered by clothes is covered in SPF five thousand!”

 

Darcie flipped Chris off over the top of her book, “I’m not tanning I’m reading.”

 

She gasped as the book was yanked from her hands. She watched JC dog ear the page before placing it on the sand next to the lounge chair she was sitting on.

 

“Come on D, you’re on vacation!” JC teased her.

 

“I’m well aware of that, hence why I’m reading.” She said dryly.

 

“You’re always reading.” Justin called over from where he was trying to dunk Joey.

 

“It’s something you do when you’re literate.” Darcie shot back.

 

Darcie let out a startled shriek as JC scooped her up and threw her over his shoulder. “You’re coming swimming. You can’t come to Cancun and not at least step foot in the water.”

 

“I stepped foot in the water.” Darcie pouted.

 

“Coming and giving me a hair elastic doesn’t count!” Ami called to her.

 

“Traitor.” Darcie hissed through clenched teeth, “Alright I’ll go in, but at least let me take my clothes off.”

 

Darcie’s comment made it possible for Justin to knock Joey over, and she laughed as JC set her down and Joey resurfaced looking completely unimpressed with the younger boy.

 

“You’re going to skinny dip?” Joey called out to her as he tried to grab Justin.

 

“You wish.” She muttered as she stomped over to the chair she had been laying on.

 

She turned her back to the guys and pulled her shirt over her head, tossing it onto the chair. She kicked off her flip flops as she undid her capris and hooked her thumb in the waist band. She took a deep breath and pushed them off her hips.

 

“Damn girl!” She heard Justin call out.

 

Darcie blushed and turned around fiddling with the bottoms of her suit. She wasn’t used to anything resting so low on them that she kept thinking they were falling down.

 

“Where the hell did you get that from!” Ami called out from beside Lance, “I don’t remember seeing that one!”

 

“That’s ‘because I got it at another store.” Darcie laughed as she made her way to the water.

 

“You are such a cow!” Ami said, kicking water at her.

 

Darcie stopped as she reached JC and touched his chin, pushing his jaw up. “You’ll catch flies that way C.”

 

“Hold it!” Chris shouted as she began to wade into the water, “What is that!”

 

Darcie looked down to where he was pointing at her hip and muttered a curse. “It’s a tattoo Chris.”

 

“Does your mother know you have that?” He demanded.

 

“Considering she has a matching one around her ankle, I’d say so.” Darcie told him. “We got them before we moved here.”

 

Chris moved closer and examined the lettering that curved over her hip bone. “What does it say?”

 

“Seize life.” She told him, “It’s in Latin.”

Darcie and Chris gasped as water hit them both and they turned to glare at the four grinning faces. Darcie and Chris glanced at each other before launching themselves at their friends, not noticing that JC still stood on the beach, staring after Darcie.

Chapter 8 by mistressofburden

Darcie groaned as she rolled over, “I think I’m sun burnt in places I didn’t think possible.”

 

She opened her eyes to look at Ami’s bed and screamed as curls filled her vision. “Morning precious.” Justin said, kissing the tip of her nose sweetly.

 

“Ugh!” Darcie cried, wiping off her nose, “I think you’re a little confused, Ami’s bed is that one!”

 

Justin snuggled up to her and nuzzled her under the jaw, “You were great last night, there were things you did with your tongue that I didn’t think was possible.”

 

“Did your mom bring her Christmas Cheer with her again this year?” Darcie asked, pushing him away. “I thought we agreed four years ago never to touch that shit again.”

 

Justin laughed and tugged at her arms, “Come see what Santa brought you.”

 

“No.” Darcie said, going limp and falling back to the bed, “I already know he brought me the wrong pop star.”

 

“Hey Darcie.”

 

Darcie pulled the blanket away from her head and stared at Joey who was standing at the foot of her bed, video camera in hand.

 

“Oh, mother fu…”

 

Justin’s hand clamped over mouth, “This video is going to be for everyone, try to keep it at least PG-13?”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and allowed both Joey and Justin to haul her out of the bed. She protested loudly as Justin ushered her to the bathroom and all but began to brush her teeth for her. She shot him a glare and pulled a bandanna off the bathroom counter, tying it around her forehead and partially over her hair. She spiked up the back with one hand and spat the remaining toothpaste into the sink before allowing Justin to pull her out into the hallway.

 

“I think I’m perfectly capable of finding my own way down to Chris’s suite!” Darcie snapped, “It’s on the other end of the hall.”

 

“Get into the Christmas spirit grumpy pants.” Justin teased.

 

“You’re playing with fire Justin.” JC’s voice sounded from the door that just opened to their left.

 

“You’re awake!” Joey said happily, pointing the camera at him.

 

“Yes, and let me thank you so very much for send Chris and his sisters in to wake me up.” JC muttered, “How can I ever repay you.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and linked her arm through JC’s as Justin finally released her to bang on Lance’s door. “I would have taken them over Timbercreep.”

 

JC laughed and put his hand over Darcie’s, “I love how many names you come up with for that boy.”

 

“He makes it easy.” Darcie yelped as Justin shoved past her and JC, making them fall into each other, “Don’t mind us Justin!”

Joey laughed and walked into the room just ahead of them while Darcie continued to mutter curses under her breath. JC didn’t release her arm as he crossed the threshold of the doorway, turning only enough that he and Darcie were able to enter without breaking their hold on one another. 

“Stop!” Lynn Harless cried out as they began to move away from the door.

 

“What?” They asked in unison as they froze in place.

 

“It’s tradition.” She said, and Darcie quickly discovered where Justin had gotten his grin from.

 

Darcie and JC looked up and saw the mistletoe hanging from the doorway above them. JC rolled his eyes as Darcie’s cheeks began to redden.

“Come on you two!” Justin said, wrapping an arm around his mother’s shoulders as JC leaned down and kissed Darcie’s cheek. “Oh please, you call that a kiss?” 

“You’re lucky your mother is here fro boy.” Darcie growled.

 

“Yeah ‘cause you really scare me.”

 

Darcie shot him a glare before pulling JC’s lips down to hers. It wasn’t a passionate kiss, or even very long, but it was enough to set loose butterflies in her stomach.

 

“Happy now?” Darcie asked as she pulled away from JC.

 

“No, but I know he is.” Justin teased.

 

Darcie spotted Chris moving towards Ami as she moved to stand next to Justin. She caught Ami’s attention and motioned to Chris. Ami smirked and ducked out of the way just as Chris reached her. Justin blinked in surprise as the mistletoe that Chris had attached to a head band on his head, smacked him in the chin.

 

“Oh hell no.” Justin cried, shoving Chris away from him.

 

“Come on Justy, it’s tradition.” JC said smugly.

 

“It doesn’t fucking count when it’s at my chin.”

 

“Justin Randall Timberlake!” Lynn gasped, “Watch your mouth!”

 

Darcie smirked as Justin visibly grimaced at the use of his full name. “I’m not doing it!”

 

“You will or every embarrassing picture I have of you will be all over the internet and in every tabloid I can get to publish them.” Darcie threatened, “And no peck on the cheek either.”

 

“Why isn’t this bothering you?” He snapped at Chris.

 

“Because watching you squirm is highly entertaining.” Chris told him, “Believe me, I would much rather it be Ami laying one on me, hell even Lance, Joey or JC.”

 

“Why them and not me?” Justin demanded.

 

“You’re just not man enough for me Justin.” Chris shot back.

 

Justin growled and grabbed Chris’s shirt, practically pulling the shorter man off his feet. Darcie and Ami whistled when he pressed his lips against Chris’s, his face reminding Darcie of the time she had dared him to eat several handfuls of Sour Patch Kids at once.

 

Everyone in the room burst out laughing as the flash from Lynn’s camera went off. Justin pulled away rubbing his hand over the back of his mouth, scowling at his mother.

 

“That’s one for the baby book.” Lynn said, looking up at her son, “Don’t glare at me, I’m your mother, it’s my purpose to embarrass you.”

 

“Can we open presents now?” Justin asked through clenched teeth.

 

Lynn laughed and allowed her pouting son to pass her. Darcie rolled her eyes and followed him, jumping slightly as JC’s fingers wrapped around hers. Darcie glanced at Lynn who simply winked at her.

“Justin Randall Timberlake, you put that down right now!” Lynn shouted as Justin picked up the largest box.

 

“It has my name on it!” Justin pouted.

 

“I don’t care; you know the tradition, youngest ones first.” Lynn said, pointing to Chris’s younger sisters.

 

Darcie laughed as she sat down on the floor next to Chris, leaning back against JC as he sat behind her, his legs appearing on either side of her hips. Justin threw himself down on the floor beside them, leaning against Ami’s legs.

 

“This sucks, I always get to open my presents first.” Justin pouted.

 

Darcie looked up at Ami, who rolled her eyes. “You’ll have to wait even longer Justin, cause Darcie and I are next in line after the runts.”

 

Darcie laughed at the look on Justin’s face before turning her attention to Chris’s sisters. They were laughing and squealing as the opened and showed off their presents.

 

“What are you thinking?” JC asked softly in her ear.

 

“Just hoping that I get to have a lot more Christmas’s like this.”

 

Darcie’s eyes widened as she felt his lips press against her ear, “You will, I promise.”

 

~ * ~

 

Darcie slid the party hat she was wearing off her head. She usually loved New Years, but celebrating it with the guy’s families was starting to make her feel a little awkward. Granted most of them had retired for the night, wishing everyone a happy New Year before returning to their rooms. Lynn and the Chasez family were the only ones left with the guys and Darcie and Ami.

 

Darcie glanced around and spotted the doorway that lead out to the patio. She glanced at her watch and realized it was only a few minutes until midnight. She looked longingly at the door before turning her attention back to the dance floor where everyone else was.

 

Darcie quickly stood up and slipped outside, wanting a few minutes to herself before the clock struck midnight. She sighed as she walked to the railing of the patio, looking out over the ocean.

 

The sound of everyone cheering met her ears and Darcie glanced over her shoulder to see JC crossing the patio to her.

 

“How come you’re not inside?” JC asked as he stepped up beside her, “You missed the count down.”

 

“I just wanted a few minutes to myself before we started doing the resolutions.”

The first Christmas and New Year that Darcie had celebrated with the guys they had started a tradition of sharing a resolution with each other. Of course that always led to nagging when the resolution wasn’t being followed. 

“What’s your New Years Resolution going to be?” JC asked her.

 

Darcie shrugged, “I hadn’t really thought about it. There isn’t much I need to accomplish this year.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well I have a great job, I’m finally getting over everything that happened, and I practically live on my own since I’m always at one of your houses and not my own.” Darcie told him, “There are a few other things that I need to do, but I don’t want to push my luck.”

 

JC laughed and picked up her hand, “Your fingers are so tiny.”

“Well not all of us were graced with musician hands.” Darcie teased, “What’s your resolution going to be? 

“To be a good boyfriend.”

 

“Oh.” Darcie said softly, pulling her hand from his.

 

“Yeah but the problem is that I don’t think she’s interested.” He said softly.

 

Darcie rolled her eyes, “She’d be crazy not to. Who’s the luck girl, Bobbie?”

 

JC shook his head, "I was kind of hoping you'd want the position."
 
Darcie stared at him in shock, her eyes widening as what he said sunk in. "What?"
 
JC laughed, "I know it'll be weird since you're technically my employee, but me and the other guys figured that they could pick up the slack. Plus with the way that Ami and Justin are going they'll probably be dating so I can just take over hers and he can take over yours."
 
"You're babbling."
 
"I know it's pretty pathetic isn't it?"

Darcie smiled shyly, “I don’t know, I kinda like it when you babble.”

 

“Well you know what I’d kinda like?” JC asked, turning to her.

 

“What?”

 

“To give you a New Years kiss.” JC said.

 

Darcie giggled but turned to face him, sliding her arms around his neck, “You are such a cheese ball, I don’t know why they let you write songs.”

 

“Hey it’s tradition.” JC reasoned with her as he pulled her closer.

 

“Who am I to mess with tradition then?”

 

Darcie’s breath caught as his lips gently pressed against hers. They were surprisingly soft and tender, but they quickly increased their pressure against hers. JC pulled away for a minute and gently brushed his thumb over her cheek before turning his head to the side and kissing her at a new angle.

 

Darcie’s fingers seemed to have a mind of their own as they slid into his hair. She felt rather then heard the groan that escaped his throat as she began to pet the soft hairs on his neck. She gasped as his tongue tentatively stroked once over her lips and she parted them to grant his request.

 

“Guys, we’re doing the – uh, carry on, I’ll stall it.” Lance’s voice sounded, breaking the spell around them.

 

Darcie blushed and buried her face in JC’s chest as the door slid shut once more. “I’m sending him home with his mama in a wooden box.”

 

JC laughed and rubbed his hand up and down her spine, “We should probably be thankful it was Lance.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Think about it.” JC giggled, “Joey would be standing next to us making a lewd comment, Justin would be running to tell Ami and Chris, well let’s just say I’d be missing some vital body parts that I’m rather fond of.”

 

Darcie laughed and pushed back from him, “You’re right. Of course this means you have about thirty seconds to come up with a new resolution.”

 

“Why, don’t you want to tell anyone about us?”

 

“Not right now, tonight is the only night that we’ll have without the others nosing their way into our business.” Darcie said; playing with a ball of lint attached to his shirt, “When we get back home you’ll be recording and then preparing for both the promotional stuff and the tour. We won’t have too many chances to be alone together.”

 

“What are you saying Darcie?”

 

Darcie stepped back and waved her hands in front of her as a blush burst over her face, “Nothing like that you pervert.” She laughed, “Tonight will be just about us, no tour, no fans, no NSYNC, just you and me.”

 

“Still not following.” JC muttered.

 

Darcie rolled her eyes, “Why did I have to want the dense one. All I’m saying is tonight you and I get to hang out with each other and only we know why and what we’re doing.”

 

JC laughed and wrapped his arms around her waist, “What we’re doing huh?”

 

Darcie sighed and shook her head, “I don’t know why I expected the guy who wrote Digital Get Down to take that in a non-perverted way.”

 

JC kissed the top of her head, “You know you like it. Come on, we better go in before they send someone else out to get us.”

 

“Worried it might be Chris?” She teased.

 

“Well I don’t know about you, but I fully intend on acting out those perverted thoughts you just accused me of one day, and I would like to be functional.”

 

JC laughed and pulled Darcie along behind him as red flooded her face. “One day JC, your mouth is going to get you into trouble.”

 

“I know, and believe me, I look forward to it.”

 
Chapter 9 by mistressofburden

Darcie sighed and stretched as she sat up on the bed. She and JC had gone back to his room some time after three and spent the rest of the night watching old black and white movies and gorging themselves on the chips and popcorn that JC snuck out of the banquet room. They had been in the middle of Breakfast at Tiffany’s when Darcie must have drifted off, snuggled against JC’s side.

 

She glanced around the room when she realized that he wasn’t beside her and found him sitting in a chair that was facing the window. She pushed the blanket aside and climbed to her feet, slowly walking over to him. She watched him for a few moments, taking in the way the morning sun was hitting his profile. She rolled her eyes at the romantic thoughts that were swarming her brain.

 

JC jumped when Darcie slid her arms around his shoulders, but he picked up her hand and kissed the back of it. “Good morning.”

 

Darcie smiled and kissed his cheek, “Good morning yourself, what time is it?”

 

“A little after nine.” JC laughed at the face she made, “You can go back to sleep for a few more hours, I doubt they have any food set out for us since everyone was partying pretty late.”

 

“Oh I’m sure the ones who called it an early night are up and getting ready for their flights.” She told him.

 

JC sighed and slouched down in his seat, his head falling back to rest against her stomach as she stroked his hair, “I forgot that everyone is leaving today.”

 

“Well not everyone.” Darcie told him, “Apparently Lance managed to get us all a flight that leaves tomorrow so that the five of you and me and Ami could have some more together time.”

 

“But it won’t be together time.” JC muttered.

 

“Don’t sound so bitter, we still get to be with each other without the fans and work looming over your head.” Darcie giggled.

 

“Yeah but I will have three very nosey band mates and one over protective big brother type watching my every move.” JC told her, “Not to mention Ami.”

 

“Ami’s harmless!” Darcie exclaimed.

 

“You say that now, but I heard her tearing Joey a new one for hitting on that poor server last night. It’s always the quiet ones that you need to be afraid of, and I have a feeling that Ami would be like a damn Pit bull.”

 

“I never knew you were such a pussy.” Darcie teased him.

 

“You’re just saying that because you don’t have to face the wrath of Ami.”

 

“Oh believe me, I’ve had to sit through an Ami lecture, the key is not to let anything surprise you or catch you off guard, that’s when she’ll attack.”

 

“Thanks for that piece of advice.” JC said, “Come on, get dressed and let’s go see if we can dig up some food around this place.”

 

~ * ~

 

Darcie entered the conference room that they had been eating all their meals in while they were in Cancun. The guys were sitting on one end of the table, all of them cradling their heads or with their heads down, plates of food in front of them that their mothers had no doubt insisted they eat. Ami was beside Justin, her head resting on his back while he lazily pushed a strawberry around his plate.

 

She shook her head as she slipped a bagel into the toaster and smiled at Lance’s mom as she came up beside her.

 

“You look better then those five.” Diane drawled, smirking as her son moaned and dropped his head to the table.

 

“That’s because I wasn’t drinking until the wee hours of the morning.” Darcie laughed, “I quit after my second glass of Champagne since I originally didn’t want to fly home with a hang over. Of course they carried on with their drinking once Lance announced he got the seven of us a flight out tomorrow.”

 

“It actually surprises me that Ami is as bad as them, she doesn’t seem like a drinker.”

 

“She’s not, but when she goes, she goes hard.” Darcie laughed as Karen Chasez joined them.

 

“Have you seen my son this morning?” She asked, “I’m beginning to wonder if he drank himself into a coma.”

 

Darcie giggled and grabbed her bagel as the toaster popped, “He’s out side talking on his cell phone. He left with me last night and we just watched some movies in his room.”

 

Karen rolled her eyes, “The boy needs to learn to leave that electronic leash behind and actually take a vacation.”

 

“I assume that we’re speaking about me?” JC said as he strolled into the room, “Well don’t you guys look like you’re ready to face the day?”

 

Justin groaned and grabbed his head, “Go to hell JC, that’s all I have to say to you.”

 

“Justin.” Lynn threatened from the other end of the table.

 

“Sorry mama.”

 

Darcie laughed as Ami rolled her eyes and sat up, “Good morning sunshine.”

 

“Since my mom can’t yell at me, go to hell Darcie.”

 

JC laughed and wrapped his arm around Darcie’s shoulders, “It’s not her fault you decided that drinking that much rum was a good idea.” He teased before dropping a kiss on Darcie’s lips.

 

Darcie blushed as she became aware of every set of eyes in the room. Diane and Karen were standing next to them with their jaws dropped as she heard a chair fall behind her.

 

Darcie yelped as Ami grabbed her arm and pulled her away from JC, “You, me, girl talk, now!”

 

“Okay, ow, don’t pull so hard!” Darcie pleaded, “And you thought you were the one that was going to be facing the Wrath of Ami.”

 

Ami rolled her eyes, “Oh, he’ll be next on my list.”

 

Darcie stumbled along behind Ami, even though she knew that she could easily over power her friend, she also knew it would be much worse for her if she struggled. She tripped over her own feet when Ami shoved her into the elevator and hit the button for their floor.

 

“I’ve never known you to be so feisty and handsy is Justin rubbing off on you?”

 

“You’re not as cute as you think you are.” Ami told her, “Move it or lose it sister.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and stepped out as the doors opened and allowed Ami to move past her towards the room they had been sharing. “I’m going to assume that you didn’t come back here last night either since you didn’t freak on me when I walked into the breakfast room.”

 

“For your information I woke up in bed with Lance.” Ami groaned and covered her face with her hands, “That so did not come out right.”

 

“Oh I think that came out perfect.” Darcie told her, “Tell me does the boy’s voice really sound like a porn when he’s turned on like we always thought?”

 

“Nothing happened, Justin passed out on the other bed and Lance and I just sat talking and we must have passed out.” Ami told her.

 

“Yeah right, tell me, should we be worshiping his mama’s feet?” Darcie egged her on.

 

“He’s gay Darcie.”

 

“I mean he’s from the south right, so I can just ima – wait, what?”

 

“He is gay.”

 

“Like happy gay or we sit on the same bench and take up bat right after each other gay.”

 

“Oh he definitely bats for the same team as us.” Ami told her, “We spent most of the night watching movies and discussing men.”

 

Darcie put a hand to her chest, “That is so damn heart breaking, wait how come he hasn’t told me yet?”

 

“He was going to tell both of us but you disappeared with JC.” Ami said, crossing her arms over her chest. “Speaking of which, what the hell was that all about this morning?”

 

“What are you talking about he always gives me hugs.”

 

Ami glared at her and leaned against the dresser, “Don’t play coy with me. He’s been cuddly with you since Christmas day, don’t think I missed that little ear kiss he gave you. Not to mention when Lance came in last night after we sent him to fetch you two he looked like he walked in on a porn.”

 

“Did you just say fetch?”

 

“Don’t change the subject.” Ami said, “Were you getting freaky out on the balcony, and if you were you better start sharing some details here.”

 

Darcie’s eyebrow arched playfully, “Living vicariously through me?”

 

“Always have.”

 

“Always will.”

 

Ami made a face, “God, I sure as hell hope not.”

 

Darcie giggled, “But to answer the million dollar question, yes JC and I are officially together, so time to jump on the Justin wagon and get crackin’ on that boy.”

 Ami stared at Darcie, “None of that aside from you and JC being a couple, finally, made sense. Though I am going to have to go and congratulate the boy on finally pulling his head out of his ass.” 

“Go easy on him Aims, I do kinda like him in one piece.”

 

“Any mark I leave on the boy you can repay on Justin.”

 

“When he finally gets his head out of his ass and asks you out.” Darcie laughed, “Though you could go the women’s lib route and ask him out you know.”

 

“I like to think of myself as a traditional feminist.” Ami told her.

 

“That’s an oxymoron.”

 

“So is a thirty year old in a boy band.” Ami giggled.

 

“Oh leave Chris alone and go bug my boyfriend.”

 

Darcie groaned at the smirk that crossed over Ami’s face, “Oh this will definitely be one of the most pleasurable experiences of my life.”

 

Darcie shook her head as Ami moved through the door to their room, “I really need to get that girl laid.”

 

I heard that!” Ami called through the door making Darcie giggle.

 

~ * ~

 

It took Darcie several hours to track down Lance and when she finally found him, he was lecturing JC. She decided to try again in an hour but then found him laughing with Chris and Joey while they played a video game. She didn’t want to talk to him about what Ami had told her, if she did that it would mean that he would lose some sense of normalcy; at least what little normalcy he had left.

 

After dinner, Darcie decided to go down to the beach to watch the sunset. JC was still being lectured by Chris so she left a note for him telling him where she would be if he wanted to join her later.

 

She spotted someone sitting on the beach and recognized Lance’s posture as he stared out over the ocean. She sat down next to him and nudged him with her shoulder. “Hey.”

 

Lance glanced at her and smiled softly, “Not with JC?”

 

“No, Chris is still lecturing him about not hurting me.” Darcie muttered.

 

“You can’t blame him; he’s always been protective of you.” Lance told her.

 

“I heard that you gave him quite an earful too.” She teased.

 

Lance chuckled, “Probably no where near as bad as the one he’s getting from Chris.”

 

“You know I am a big girl.” Darcie told him as she laid her head on his shoulder, “You guys can’t protect me from all of this. You can’t protect me from a broken heart.”

 

“That doesn’t mean that we can’t try.” Lance said, nuzzling her hair, “We all want what’s best for you. Just think of the hell you can put Justin through when he finally asks Ami out.”

 

“Speaking of Ami, she said that you wanted to talk to me last night.”

 

Lance shrugged and stared back out over the ocean, “It’s nothing important.”

 

“If it wasn’t anything important you wouldn’t have that look on your face.”

 

“What look?” He asked.

 

“The same look you got when you were worried about not getting the dance steps during your first tour and you stayed up all night trying to learn them. The same look you got when you were worried that the fans were going to see just how out of place you felt. It’s the look you get when ever you’re worried about something that you have absolutely no control over.”

 

“It’s just nerves about the…”

 

“If you try and blame this on the album I will kick your southern ass all the way back to Mississippi.”

 

“She’s already told you hasn’t she?” Lance sighed.

 

Darcie wrapped her arms around his arm and snuggled closer to him, “Ami can’t keep anything from me, but I want to hear you say the words.”

 

“I’m gay.”

 

“Alright, and?”

 

“What do you mean ‘and’?”

 

Darcie shrugged and looked up at him through her lashes, “And what were you so worried about?”

 

“That’s it?” Lance asked, sitting back from her, “You aren’t disgusted with me?”

 “Why would I be disgusted with you?” Darcie asked, her anger rising, “You’re still James Lance Bass from Mississippi, one fifth of NSYNC. You’re the same guy who asked if I would sleep in your room the first time you got dibs on your own room because you were homesick, the guy who sat with me for eighteen hours in the emergency room when I broke my ankle. The first guy to ask me out on a date, hell Lance you were my first kiss and the only reason why I tolerate country music."
 
Lance blushed, "You never told me that."
 
"What that I tolerate your music for you?"
 
"No, that I was your first kiss."
 
Darcie giggled and snuggled closer to him, "Don't let it go to your head, I was embarrassed. But hey, who else can say a pop icon gave them their first kiss and there was a write up about it for two weeks!" 

“Your mom yelled at Chris for two hours when she saw that article.” Lance laughed.

 

“I have the newspaper clipping in my scrapbook, and Chris managed to get a copy of the picture for me.”

 

“You should have told me.”

 

“What was I going to say, ‘No Lance, don’t kiss me in front of all these photographers, I’ve never been kissed before’?” Darcie giggled, “I’d rather flub my way through a kiss then admit that in front of reporters any day.”

 

“Did you know that JC almost pounded my face into the carpet for doing it?” Lance laughed, “I told him that they kept egging me on, telling me to give you just one little kiss and I figured, what could it hurt. I meant to kiss your cheek, but you turned your head at the last minute.

 

“When we got to the hotel, after I came up from the room you and Justin were sharing he hauled me inside his room and threw me around. He asked me what I was thinking. For the longest time I thought that he was pissed off because I had broken the ‘No Girlfriend’ rule that Lou had put on the band. We had to appear single and ready to mingle at all times.”

 

“I remember that.” Darcie sighed, snuggling against him once more, “Chris was pissed off because he had to hide that one girl and pretend like they weren’t dating. They broke up not long after if I remember correctly.”

 

Lance nodded and leaned his head against hers, “JC kept going on and on about how I shouldn’t have done that and all I could think of was that he was going to get the other guys to kick me out of the group. I mean the other four had a connection, I was the outsider.”

 

“I remember that, you avoided JC like the plague for two weeks.” Darcie whispered, “I finally threatened to beat his ass in if he didn’t apologize to you.”

 

“He was so shocked that you said that, I remember he tried to say that he hadn’t done anything and you told him that he was full of shit because I wouldn’t be acting like a spooked horse if he hadn’t.”

 

“The guys teased me for weeks for saying that.” Darcie giggled, “Chris told me that I wasn’t allowed to spend alone time with you anymore because I was becoming ‘too southern’.”

 

Lance chuckled, “It’s kinda funny now that I look back on it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because, he wasn’t mad at me for breaking that stupid rule, he was mad at me for kissing you.” Lance said, looking down at her, “He was crazy about you even then, even if he didn’t want to admit it.”

 

Darcie smiled before pulling away to look at him seriously, "I just have four questions for you."
 
"That's a pretty specific number."
 
"I'm a specific kind of girl." Darcie giggled, "Chris?"
 
Lance laughed, "Ami asked the exact same thing. He's cute in that 'I wanna pinch his cheeks' kind of way."
 
"Joey?"
 
"Cute in that loveable goofball way."


"Justin?"
 
"Yummy."
 
Darcie giggled, "JC?"
 
"I'd totally tap that."
 
Darcie laughed and hugged Lance tightly, "Look at it this way, now you can man watch with me and Ami!"
 
Lance smiled and hugged her back, dropping a kiss on the top of her head. "Sounds good."

 

“Hey now, don’t be making moves on my woman.” JC said as he plopped down on the sand beside them.

 

Lance smirked and tightened his hold on Darcie when JC reached for her, “Finally escape Chris?”

 

“I made a break for it when he went to use the bathroom.” JC muttered, pulling on Darcie’s arm. “Hand her over boy.”

 

“Not my fault you’re not man enough for her JC.” Lance teased.

 

Darcie smiled sadly up at Lance, thinking about how it was like watching a character in a play. She felt sad for Lance because he felt like he had to pretend with the guys. She knew what he knew, if word got out that he was gay, millions of teenage hearts would be broken, and while she fully believed that the majority of their fans would get over it and still buy their music, they would still stand in line for hours to get concert tickets and receive autographs. But for Lance he would be in a very lonely place, shunned by his peers and possibly by his superiors. Lance being true to himself meant losing one of the most important things in his life, his music.

 

“You’re serious all of a sudden.” JC said, finally managing to work her free of Lance’s grasp.

 

“Just thinking of the road that’s ahead of you guys.” Darcie said softly, wiping at the tears that formed in her eyes, “There’s so many rough patches ahead.”

 

Lance reached down and squeezed her hand as JC pressed his lips to her temple, “We’ll be okay Darc.” Lance said.

 

“As long as we have you, Ami, our families and each other, we’ll have everything that we need.”

 Darcie sighed and turned to watch the sun going down, “I hope you’re right JC, I hope you’re right.”
Chapter 10 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:
Don't forget that this story does revolve around Darcie and JC, but every once in awhile a chapter will contain scenes with Darcie or Ami with one or more of the guys.

“Where are we going?” Ami asked for what seemed like the fifteenth time. 

“I told you, the studio.” Darcie told her, “Take a right up here.” 

“But the recording studio is another twenty minutes from here.”  

“I never said we were going to the recording studio.” Darcie said, “Take your next left.” 

“Then where are we going?”

 

“Dance studio.”

 

“The dance studio?” Ami said, “But Lance said it was closed to everyone but Jive employees.”

 

“Yep, and we’re technically Jive employees since we’re their assistants.” Darcie pointed out. “It’s that big brown building up there.”

 

“What if we get into trouble?”

“Stop being such a weenie.” Darcie teased, “I have passes to get us in, plus I have the promotional packet that the boys need to look over.” 

Ami shook her head and took the passes from Darcie as they pulled up to the gate. “Sometimes I think you take your job a little too seriously.” 

Darcie smirked and played with the edge of the envelope in her lap, “If it ever comes down to the day that being an assistant means I have to buy Justin’s underwear then I’ll quit.” 

Ami laughed, “Why do I have the feeling that the promotional packet isn’t the only reason we’re going to the studio.” 

“No way.” Darcie exclaimed, “You’ve never seen them in concert, and believe me, seeing the concert after seeing them learn and practice the steps makes it much better. Not to mention it’s entertaining to see them snap at each other only to make up five minutes later.” 

“And?” Ami said, knowing there was more. 

“We get to watch six extremely gorgeous men shake their money makers.”  

“Six?” 

“Have you not seen the choreographer?” Darcie asked, “He may be 17 but the boy is gifted when it comes to dancing.” 

Ami rolled her eyes as she pulled into a parking space and grabbed her bags, “Sometimes I wonder about your brain.”  

“I love you too, bitch.” Darcie teased as they walked into the studio. 

The receptionist looked up from her magazine and gave both girls a hard stare. “You had to wear those pants didn’t you?” 

Darcie looked down at the black bondage pants Chris had bought her for Christmas. “I happen to love these pants so yes, I did.” 

“Can I help you ladies?” The woman at the desk demanded.

”No, we have an appointment down at studio five.” Darcie told her as she moved to be buzzed through the doors.  

“I’m sure.” The woman said as she stood up. “I’m afraid I need you girls to leave.” 

“We went from ladies to girls in a matter of two minutes, think we can be demoted to children next?” Darcie asked Ami, “Look lady, obviously we wouldn’t be here if we weren’t supposed to be considering you guys have the Incredible Hulk working at the gate.” 

“I’m not amused young lady.” 

“Young lady, is that worse then girl?” Darcie asked. 

“Darcie you aren’t helping the situation.” Ami muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose. 

“Listen ma’am I don’t want to be rude,” Darcie ignored the snort that came from Ami, “But if you really don’t believe me, here are our security passes and if you think they’re forged then please phone down to studio five and you can deal with the five men who will be extremely cranky to know that they aren’t receiving their tour information on time.” 

The woman rolled her eyes as she examined the security passes, “Make sure you go straight to studio five, there are other people that are busy with work in the other studios.” 

“I’ll be sure to refrain from hunting down AJ McLean and ravishing him.” Darcie said, “I already have a boy band member for that.” 

Darcie caught the way Ami pressed a hand to her lips to keep in the giggle that was bursting to come out.

The door buzzed and Darcie yanked it open, sending the receptionist one more dirty look before stepping through it. The clinking of the metal on Darcie’s pants was the only sound in the hallway as the girls made their way down to the hallway. 

“It’s so quiet.” Ami said softly. 

“All the rooms are sound proof.” Darcie told her. 

They reached studio five and Darcie swung the door open, the sound of “God Must Have Spent” hitting their ears. The girls walked in quietly waving to the boys through the mirror. Joey and Chris winked, Justin waved, and Lance blew them both a kiss while JC simply nodded.  

“Can I help you?” Wade asked, coming over to them. 

“I’m Darcie, this is Ami.” Darcie told him, “The guy’s personal assistants.” 

“And JC’s girlfriend.” Wade said eyeing Darcie. 

“He told you?” Darcie said in surprise. 

“Actually Joey was teasing him about you earlier.” Wade said, “Have a seat, they’re just going through the old stuff before I teach them all the new dances.” 

Ami's eyes widened as they sat on the floor and watched the guys. While the rest of the guys were smoothly swaying back and forth to the gentle beat of the song, JC was bobbing up and down as he moved from side to side.  "Is he always so...I don't even know how to describe it."
 
"The word is bouncy, and yes he is." Darcie muttered, "Justin is all about the pop locking, he's really smooth. Lance you can practically see counting the steps, Chris gets into it, but doesn't over do it. Joey is a total ham and JC is a spazz."
 
"I am not a spazz." JC snapped. 

Darcie's eyebrow arched, "You did not just raise your voice to me."
 
"JC's cuuuuuuutttttt." Joey sang. 

Darcie scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest, “Right, cause there’s so much to cut him from at this point.” 

“Burn!” The other four guys yelled out laughing. 

Ami jumped beside Darcie as her cell phone went off. She quickly left the room so that she could hear the person on the other line. When she returned she had to wave her hand in front of Darcie’s face a few times before she got her attention. 

“Your mom phoned, she needs me to go run some errands for her.” Ami told her. 

“Why you and not me?” Darcie asked. 

“She didn’t say, maybe something she was too embarrassed to tell her daughter about?” Ami told her as she picked up her bag, “Do you want me to come back and get you?” 

Darcie shook her head, “JC usually stays later then the other guys so I’ll just have one of them drop me off at home.” 

“Okay, I’ll see you later tonight then.” Ami said, blowing the guys a kiss before leaving. 

~ * ~ 

JC had been at the studio for going on twelve hours. He had gotten there an hour before the others had to get his body back into working mode and now he had been there for almost three hours after the others had called it quits.  

Justin had waited around with Darcie waiting for him to finish, but when it became apparent that he wouldn’t be finishing up any time soon Justin told him that he was taking his car keys and to call him when he wanted to be picked up. 

JC turned at the sound of the studio door opening and watched as Ami strolled in, "Hey Aims, Darcie left about an hour ago."
 
Ami flipped the lock to the door and stared silently at him for several long minutes, "I'm not here to see Darcie, I'm here to see you."
 
JC took a step back, "Oh, excited about the tour?"
 
"Don't be cute and don't change the subject." Ami told him, "I'm sure you know why I want to talk to you."
 
"To give me another 'You hurt her, I hurt you' speech?" JC sighed, "I've had to listen to the guys already."
 
"Yes, but coming from me it will be completely different." Ami said, pulling a chair to her and sitting between JC and the door.
 
"Alright, I'm listening."
 
"I'm not going to tell you to watch yourself and be perfect like I'm sure the guys did because, frankly, you're not perfect. You're bound to hurt her and she's bound to hurt you. It's the way relationships work." Ami told him, watching him sit down and begin stretching out his tired muscles, "You'll fight, you'll say things that you don't mean, you'll do things that you won't mean, it's human nature."
 
"I thought that you came in here to lecture me, not tell me things I already know."
 
Ami's eyebrow arched much like Darcie's did when she wasn't impressed with something, "I'm getting there. What you need to remember through all of this is what Darcie has been through in the past few years."
 
"I know what she's been through."
 
"No, you've been told what happened to her." Ami snapped, "Even I don't know what she’s been through and I was there when it happened."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"The only one who knows what she’s been through is Darcie. She's the one who knows what she felt, what she saw, what she heard." Ami said with a sigh, "Let me tell you what I know about what happened."
 
"We had about two weeks or so before we were supposed to fly to Orlando, actually less then that because we were planning on flying out and surprising you guys, so we really only had two days." Ami began quietly, "We had made lists of stuff that we needed and we were heading to the store to get them. It was stupid stuff really, extra toothbrushes, hair products, toothpaste, all stuff we could have gotten in Orlando."
 
Ami let out a bitter laugh that sent chills down JC's spine, "There's been so many times that I've wondered that if we had just waited until the next morning, everything would have been fine. I remember Darcie checking the baby gate that was in the doorway of the room we kept Bronx in, making sure that he wouldn't get in her dads way. We were at the front door and she called back to Samantha to see if she needed anything while we were out. It was habit of course, but Sam always managed to think of something she would
need.
 
"Sam didn't respond to Darcie's question, which was strange since she had been in the kitchen. I don't know if you were ever at Darcie's house in Toronto, but the kitchen was at the back of the house, you could see it from where we were standing. I thought maybe she hadn't heard us so Darcie went to look for her while I stayed at the front of the house.
 
"I saw Bronx jump over the baby gate and I figured I would go catch him before Jeremy spotted him and when I walked into the kitchen Jeremy was holding Darcie's arm and Bronx was growling. She asked me to take him outside so I grabbed his collar and when I turned I saw Sam lying on the floor. It was stupid of me not to get out and call the cops, but I was worried about her so I went to check on her. I remember Darcie letting out this cry, I had never heard a sound like that before and it scared the hell out of me.
 
"Bronx started pulling at me, trying to get loose and I remember thinking he was going to tear my arm off. Sam seemed to come too; maybe it was instinct, knowing her daughter was in danger. The two of them were pleading with him to let her go and I just sat there, watching it all. I remember him pulling the gun and I must have let go of Bronx when I screamed because the next thing I knew was the gun went off and Bronx was tossed backwards from the impact. All I kept thinking was 'I have to do something, I can't let him die'.
 
"As I sat there pressing my hand to the bullet wound, listening to that poor dog whine and cry and still struggle to get to Darcie to protect her, all I thought about was how many times I had made fun of her for how she treated that dog. She always told me that it was the only connection that she had to you guys at all times, and I knew how heartbroken she'd be if he died."
 
JC stood up and crossed the room to Ami, wiping her tears off her cheeks. "There's nothing you could have done Aims."
 
"I know, but it was the look on her face." Ami said, "I'll never forget the look on her face, or the sound of her voice as she yelled at Jeremy. When he turned the gun on her, I thought for sure that she was going to be dead. I couldn't even do anything when the gun went off, I just sat there staring like an idiot, trying to grasp what it was that just went on. That was when Sam started pushing me, begging me to get help. They thought that I went to a neighbours but I just went out back and phoned from my cell phone, listening to Sam beg Darcie to talk to her, to say anything. I had just finished giving the operator the address when the gun went off again.
 
"After that I heard him screaming my name and he went for the front of the house. I went back in and Darcie was just laying there, Sam was awake and petting her hair, we both thought she was gone. I grabbed a towel and pressed it to her shoulder. Do you have any idea what it's like to know that your friend's life depends on you? What it feels like to have to feel and watch blood seeping up to your hand even thought you're trying everything you can to make it stop flowing? Of course you don't, that's what makes what I have to say far more important then what even Chris could have possibly told you."
 
"I get it." JC said quietly.
 
"No you don't." Ami told him, "You may love her, but she is the world to me. She has been there through the roughest patches of my life and she will always be there for me for whatever else I might have to face, just like I'll be there for her."
 
"I wouldn't expect any less." JC insisted.

"I'm not finished JC." Ami snapped, "If you hurt her, I swear to every God out there that I will make your life hell. I won't do it by yelling at you, or causing you pain, but I will make sure that she stays far away from you, because I know that will be more painful to you then any pain any of the guys could cause you."
 
JC stared up at her in shock as the full impact of her words hit him, "If it ever comes to that, I hope you will."
 
Ami smiled and leaned forward and kissed his cheek, "Good, now go get showered cause you kinda smell and then you're taking me out to dinner."
 
"Asking me out on a date?" JC teased, "What would Darcie say."
 
Ami shrugged, "She'd just get me back with Justin, after she grilled me for all the details."
 
JC shook his head, "You two are so much alike it's scary."
 
Ami smirked and slid her chair out of the way to pass, "Don't I know it. Sometimes I think we need to spend less time together. Now go, I’m hungry and you don’t want to see me get cranky on your ass.” 

JC laughed and grabbed his things, “Give me twenty minutes.” 

“You have ten.” Ami called after him as he walked out, “God help me not to maul that boy when he gets out of that shower. Think of Justin Ami, think of Justin.”

Chapter 11 by mistressofburden

“You know I could have just dropped you off at home.” Justin told Darcie as they sat down at the table and the waiter handed them their menus.

 

“Mom’s gone to visit Dale, Ami’s doing lord knows what, and I didn’t feel like eating alone.”

 

“So why me and not Chris?” Justin asked.

 

“What don’t enjoy my company?”

 

“Of course I do!” Justin insisted, “It’s just that Chris is usually the one you call.”

 

Darcie giggled, “I know, but it’s been awhile since it was just you and me.”

 

“True, you me and Lance were always the three underage musketeers.” Justin laughed, looking through his menu, “Then he turned 18 and deserted us, that rat bastard.”

 

Darcie giggled and looked up at the waiter, placing her order. “Remember the time we snuck into Joey’s room and ordered porn?”

 

Justin snorted, “Yeah, and then all Lou kept asking was why he ordered it twice.”

 

“And Joe had just shrugged and said it must have been good.” Darcie gasped out between giggles. “I couldn’t look you in the eye for a month and I thought for sure Chris was going to die when I asked him how some of those positions were possible.”

 

“That’s why I asked Joey.” Justin admitted, “I never did thank you for getting me a copy of that porn when I turned 18.”

 

“It took me forever to find and it also got me into a lot of shit from mom when I used her credit card to order it online.” Darcie told him. “So, I have a question for you.”

 

“I have an answer, though I don’t know if it will be the one you want.” Justin said, picking his beer up off the table.

 

Darcie rolled her eyes, “So tell me something, are you planning on asking Ami out or are you just going to keep dicking around until someone else does it and then I have to listen to you bitching and complaining about how you missed your chance.”

 

Justin’s hand stopped as he raised the drink to his lips and he blinked at her in surprise, “Pardon?”

 

“You heard me.” Darcie told him, “She’s my best friend, and I can tell that you like her a lot. This isn’t your typical flirting bullshit; you actually want to date her. So I want to know when you’re going to get off your sorry ass and do something about it.”

 

Justin took a slow sip of his drink before placing it gently on the table, “Good to see you’re still as blunt as always.”

 

“Answer the damn question Timberlick.”

 

Justin rolled his eyes, “Come on Darcie, it was easy for you and JC. You knew what you were getting yourself into.”

 

“Easy?” Darcie laughed bitterly, “JC and I have hardly had it easy.”

 

“You know what I mean Darc.” Justin told her, “You’ve seen what the fans are like; you know the things that they can do and say. I don’t want to see Ami subjected to that.”

 

Darcie reached over and took his hand, “She’s tougher then she looks. She knows what the fans are like, I’ve told her some of the worst stories I can think of from back when I toured with you guys. She has a good idea of what to expect. Besides, she has me to help her out.”

 

“Okay, what the hell are you doing holding my woman’s hand.” JC’s voice interrupted them.

 

“I can’t help the fact that she already finds me more satisfying.”

 

“Oh yes, it’s all in the hip thrusts.” Darcie muttered, rolling her eyes. “Hey Aims.”

 

Ami sat down next to Darcie, smirking at the look JC shot her. “I had a feeling you’d be here for dinner.”

 

“What can I say; I’m a creature of habit.” Darcie said with a shrug, “So what did my mom need you to get that I couldn’t?”

 

“She had to send me into the bakery to get the new guy to sign some papers.” Ami said, ordering her food, “I have a feeling she asked me because I’m single and he was extremely good looking.”

 

“Good looking you say.” Darcie muttered shooting Justin a pointed look, “Did you get a phone number.”

 

“Technically yes since he filled out all the paperwork, but he did ask for mine.” Ami said, sipping her water, “JC aim more to the left, that’s my shin you’re rubbing.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes as JC turned red and a foot suddenly pressed against hers, “Please tell me you gave it to him.”

 

“Of course, I’m single and he was pretty attractive, I’m not gonna shoot a guy like that down.”

 

“Seems like a great catch.” Justin practically growled.

 

“Well if I don’t have any other offers, might as well play the field.” Ami shot back.

 

Darcie and JC snickered, “I thought you were blunt.” JC said.

 

“She’s learned from the best.” Darcie said with a wink, “So are you done being a big old cranky pants?”

 

JC rolled his eyes and raised his voice to talk over Justin and Ami’s arguing, “You know how much I freak out on the first day of rehearsal.”

 

“Yeah, you turn into a whiny bitch.” Ami said.

 

Their food arrived before JC could respond and Darcie made sure to start a somewhat civil conversation for the rest of the meal.

 

~ * ~

 

Darcie stretched as she opened her eyes, the sound of a lawn mower drifting through her open window. She groaned and pulled the pillow over her head, wondering who would be cutting the grass and disturbing her sleep.

 

She pulled the pillow away and glanced at the empty space beside her, frowning when she realized that meant JC was either downstairs getting his head ripped off by Ami, or he had left for the day. She smiled as she saw the large Gerber Daisy lying on the empty pillow and pulled it to her to sniff it.

 

“Cheese ball.” She muttered softly as she pushed herself out from under her blankets.

 

She made her way down to the kitchen to find Ami standing at the large bay window with a cup of coffee. The sound of the lawn mower was much louder then it had been upstairs.

 

“I thought mom gave Tim the week off.” Darcie said, grabbing a mug for some tea.

 

“She did.”

 

“Well is that sound coming from our backyard?”

 

“Better believe it.” Ami said, her head moving to follow something moving in the backyard.

 

“Well if Tim is off, and you’re inside, who’s mowing the lawn?” Darcie said as she joined Ami at the window.

 

Darcie’s jaw dropped to see JC and Justin working away in the backyard. Both men were shirtless and had sweat dripping down their backs. Justin’s was starting to turn a little pink and Darcie could see the difference in JC’s tan.

 

“There’s something to be said about celebrities who are craving normalcy.” Ami said.

 

“That is certainly a sight I could wake up to every morning.” Darcie said with a sigh.

 

“I know right.” Ami said.

 

“How did you manage to convince them to do this?” Darcie asked, “And where did they get that other lawn mower?”

 

“They went and borrowed one from Mrs. Hall and I told them that whoever finished their side first would get breakfast and the loser had to make it.” Ami said. “Of course Justin whined for a little bit, but threatening to cut the boy was quite affective.”

 

“Yeah no kid- wait what?”

 

“Justin and I had a long talk last night after you and JC went to bed.” Ami said, “Which by the way I want details about.”

 

“We slept now spill.” Darcie said, staring at Ami.

 

“I don’t remember him bringing any clothes over, does the nickname ‘Big Daddy’ really fit?” Ami asked, avoiding the subject of her and Justin.

 

“I wouldn’t know.” Darcie growled, “What did he say?”

 

“I really must thank you for interfering earlier today.”

 

Ami!” Darcie whined, “Stop avoiding the damn subject!”

 

Ami giggled and put her cup down, “He asked me out last night and then gave me strict instructions that if that guy called I have to tell him to bugger off.”

 

“He told you that you had to?”

 

“Oh yeah, then I promptly told that if he tried to tell me what I could and couldn’t do I’d be telling him to bugger off.” Ami laughed. “What the hell are they doing?”

 

Darcie turned back to the window in time to see Justin smack JC across the thigh with the pole of the rake. She released a sigh and shook her head, “Wade is not going to like that.”

 

 JC was shouting at Justin and hobbling after him, a hand pressed against his thigh. Ami rolled her eyes and watched as JC tackled Justin to the ground, rubbing his knuckles into Justin’s hair, making the curls frizzy.

 

“Do you think we should stop this?” Ami asked.

 

A loud shout from the side of the backyard made Darcie and Ami press closer to the window. Chris was now running across the backyard with Joey right behind him. Darcie groaned as Chris and Joey jumped on top of their wrestling band mates.

 

“I take it your forgot we were coming over this morning.” Lance drawled as he stepped up to window, cup of coffee in his hand.

 

“Gee Lance, help yourself to the coffee.” Ami muttered, wincing as Justin picked Chris up and slammed him to the ground.

 

Lance rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around Darcie’s shoulders. “You guys are coming to the studio again today right?”

 

“Of course, I didn’t get to torture Wade as much as I could have since my sidekick wasn’t with me.” Darcie said, laying her head on Lance’s shoulder. “Why what’s up?”

 

“After practice we’re all going to have dinner at my place.” Lance told them, “I think it’s time that they know.”

 

“Are you sure?” Ami asked, turning away from the window, “It’s a big step.”

 

“You’re worried it will come out on tour aren’t you?” Darcie asked.

 

Ami looked back and forth between Darcie and Lance, “Am I missing something?”

 

“Lance is a very truthful drunk.” Darcie explained, “You’re worried we’ll all be hammered and you’ll spill the beans, aren’t you?”

 

Lance shrugged and sighed as something outside drew his attention, “Okay, you two go get ready, I’m going to go see if I can break this up.”

 

Darcie and Ami each gave Lance a kiss on the cheek as they made their way upstairs. Darcie glanced back in time to see Joey and Justin grab Lance’s ankle and pull him into the pile.

 “I hope they take it as well as I think they will.” She muttered softly before disappearing into her room.
Chapter 12 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:
Kinda short...serves a purpose though.

Darcie watched Lance pace back and forth in the kitchen, muttering the same four words repeatedly to himself. She glanced at Ami who could only shrug helplessly. Lance had decided to tell each of the guys individually, but when the time came he chickened out. Then he decided to tell them all at once. Of course he had gotten no farther then “Guys I’m” before finishing lamely and running into the kitchen.

 

“Lance would you sit down, I feel like I’m watching a tennis match.” Darcie said.

 

“What am I going to do?” Lance whined, “This went so much easier in my head.”

 

“Come on Lance, you had no trouble telling us.”

 

“Oh come on, telling you guys was one thing, telling four males that I have to share rooms and showers with is something completely different.” Lance snapped, “What the hell am I supposed to tell them?”

 

“How about ‘Guys I’m a fag and if any of you decide to change sides I’ll gladly tap it for you’?” Darcie said, staring at her nails.

 

Ami snorted her laughter and caught Lance’s glare, “Oh come on Lance! You have to admit that was pretty funny.”

 

“I don’t get it, why the hell can’t I just tell them?”

 

“Tell us what?”

 

Lance and the girls looked towards the back door and saw the remaining members of NSYNC standing there.

 

“Um.”

 

“Come on Lance, you know you can tell us anything.” Justin said, sliding his arm around Ami’s shoulders.

 

Lance looked down at Darcie who simply shrugged and waved her hand at him, “Uh, we’re out of beer.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and stomped on Lance’s foot as hard as she could, “Stop being a pussy.”

 

“This isn’t exactly easy Darcie.”

 

“Did you get Darcie pregnant?” Joey asked.

 

“No.”

 

“Cause if you did that, they only one that you really need to worry about is JC since it’s his woman and maybe Chris.” Joey continued, ignoring Lance.

 

“Joey I didn’t knock Darcie up.”

 

“Then again I’d be more worried about Chris, he’s such a scrapper.”

 

“Joey!”

 

“JC’s pretty skinny, I mean even Ami could take him.” Joey continued on, “Though JC has that bendy thing going for him.”

 

“Darcie is not pregnant and if she was it wouldn’t be from me because I’m gay!”

 

Darcie’s eyes widened and Ami’s jaw dropped. The both of them knew that wasn’t exactly how Lance had wanted it to come out, but Joey’s rambling had effectively made Lance forget his worries and tell them.

 

“What makes you think Ami could kick my ass, she’s just as scrawny as I am!” JC said after the few moments of silence.

 

“Yeah but she has me to back her up.” Justin argued.

 

“Uh guys?” Lance asked.

 

“Please, I don’t need your help, I flail my way out of any hold.” Ami shot back, “Just ask Darcie.”

 

“Guys!” Lance shouted over the argument, “Aren’t you going to say anything?”

 

“Why would we?” Justin asked, “You’re still our little Poofoo.”

 

Lance rolled his eyes, “What ever Juju.”

 

Darcie stood up and kissed his cheek, “See, I told you, nothing to worry about.”

 

~ * ~

 

JC walked out of the bathroom, trailed by the steam of his shower. He looked at the bed and grinned, shaking his head at the sight of Darcie stretched out on his bed.

 

“Comfy?”

 

“Oh my God, this is like the Hotel bed in Cancun.” Darcie sighed, burying herself deeper in the duvet. “And it’s even better since Justin isn’t in it.”

 

JC’s hands paused as he was towelling his hair and he slowly looked at Darcie, “Please tell me you’re talking about the time on the video.”

 

“Didn’t I tell you?” Darcie teased as JC moved to the foot of the bed, “Justin and I had a wild affair while we were in Cancun. Sure he was heartbroken when you and I started dating but I think he’s getting over it.”

 

Darcie shrieked as JC reached under the covers and grabbed her ankle, tickling her foot. JC grinned and crawled up the bed, pinning her to the mattress with his body. Darcie smiled up at him as he kissed her gently and played with a lock of her hair.

 

“Still thinking about Justin?”

 

“Well, he is pretty unforget…”

 

JC pressed his lips to Darcie’s, his hands cupping her face. Darcie sighed and melted into the mattress as her fingers dug into his shoulders. He moaned as she tilted her head to the side and increased the pressure of her lips against his. When he felt her trace her tongue against his lips he pulled away.

 

“Justin who?” Darcie asked dreamily, trying to pull JC back to her.

 

“Easy Darc, we have plenty of time for that.”

 

Darcie glared at him, “I love that you feel the need to be all noble and all, but I’m not going to break.”

 

JC smiled and shifted to the side, stretching out beside her. “I know, but right now, we’re both tired and I have no intention on making it a rushed event.”

 

Darcie rolled to her side and stuck her lip out playfully, “Fine.”

 

JC chuckled and kissed her forehead gently, “I swear you’re just using me for my body.”

 

“Your hands specifically.” Darcie giggled, “By the way, are you really as cool with what Lance told you guys as you seem?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I be?” JC asked her.

 

“I don’t know.” Darcie said quietly, playing with the Leo necklace around JC’s neck, “I was really worried that you guys would treat him differently.”

 

JC caught her fingers and raised them, kissing the tips lightly, “He’s still like one of my little brother. Sure this means that we have to be a little more careful when it comes to the press and the fans, but I’m not going to condemn him for being who he is.”

 

Darcie studied him closely, “Are you saying this to me so that I won’t be mad at you?”

 

“No.”

 

“Are you saying this so that I won’t tease you when you flame.”

 

“I do not flame.”

 

“Sure you don’t sweetie.” Darcie teased, snuggling closer to him.

 

~ * ~

 

Ami twisted her body as her character in the video game fought off a monster. She almost screamed when Justin flopped down on the couch beside her.

 

“Don’t do that!” She exclaimed smacking him on the leg several times, not looking away from the game.

 

“You are way too into this game.” Justin muttered, reaching for the controller.

 

“Hush boy, Darcie and I play the original all the time.” Ami said, mashing the buttons when she was attacked again.

 

“Boy?” Justin exclaimed, “I see no boy here, I see only a manly man.”

 

Ami scoffed and rolled her eyes, “Right and all I see is curls. You seriously need to get a handle on those things.”

 

Justin smirked and lifted Ami’s arms, sliding his head onto her lap, “You could always stop clutching the controller and clutch the curls instead.”

 

Ami looked down at him and rolled her eyes, “Easy there player.”

 

Justin laughed, “Come on Aims, as my girlfriend you have to pay attention to me.”

 

“Fine, but as my boyfriend you have to get me past this part.” Ami said, switching the controller for the chance to play with the curls. “So what do you think about Lance?”

 

“What about him?”

 

“Are you okay with what he told you guys tonight?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Justin asked, sitting up and pausing the game. “I mean Chris and I have had some suspicions for awhile. He hasn’t dated a chick in I don’t know how long and Chris swears he saw him checking out JC.”

 

Ami giggled, “Well JC is pretty.”

 

Justin’s jaw dropped, “What?

 

Ami laughed, “Oh be quiet you goober, I’m just kidding.”

 Justin paused the game and picked up the TV remote, sliding an arm around Ami’s shoulders and pulling her to him. “You’re not funny Aims. Not funny at all.”
Chapter 13 by mistressofburden

Darcie rolled her eyes for what was probably the thousandth time in the past ten minutes. Up ahead of them Justin was ducking into yet another shoe store while Joey and Chris made for the music store.

   

“Remind me again why we thought this was a good idea.” Ami muttered as JC rejoined them and laced his fingers through Darcie’s.

  

“Because Justin found out that we were going shopping and pouted until we agreed to let him come shopping. Then of course JC caught wind of it and had to come along.”

  

“Hey, if Justin can come to the mall with his girlfriend, so can I.”

  

“Oh I see, you just wanted to hang out with Ami.” Darcie teased.

  

“You’re so hilarious.” JC muttered, dropping a kiss on her shoulder, “At least I haven’t been running off.”

 

“Really, what do you call those?” Darcie asked, pointing to the shopping bags that were in his hands.

  

“Okay, so I haven’t been running off nearly as much as he has been.” JC corrected himself.

  

“Right, there better at least be something pretty in there for me.” Darcie teased. “Actually what I’m wondering is how he managed to get all that hair under that hat.”

  

Ami rolled her eyes, “It took twenty minutes. He wasn’t allowed to come out without security unless every curl was tucked in. I swear if he ever shaves the curls off that hat won’t fit his head.”

  

JC laughed, “He must have been pretty pissed that he had worked so hard to cover the curls only to have security end up with us anyway.”

  

“Well that’s because Joey, Chris and Lance suddenly had to come too.” Darcie muttered.

  

“And Lonnie needed to pick up some shit and Mike had nothing better to do today.” Ami laughed.

  

JC shook his head, “Why did you two need to come to the mall anyway?”

  

“You don’t want to know.” Ami said.

  

“I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t.” JC pointed out.

  

“Ami needs a strapless bra for her dress for the tour.” Darcie sighed.

  

“Oh gee, thanks big mouth.” Ami snapped playfully.

  

“Well what did you have in mind when we got to Victoria’s Secret?” Darcie asked, “Planning on sending them to the food court?”

  

“Victoria’s Secret?” JC asked.

  

“That was the plan, or send Justin into a shoe store and the rest of them to an electronic store.” Ami said, ignoring JC.

  

“Victoria’s Secret?” JC repeated.

  

“Well we could technically bring Lance there with us, with his ‘condition’ and all.” Darcie said.

  

“You make it sound like a disease.” Ami laughed.

  

Darcie shrugged, “Talk to him about it, he’s the one who suggested that be the code word.”

 

“Wait, how come Lance can go with you to Victoria’s Secret and I can’t?” JC asked.

  

“The answer to that should be obvious babe.” Darcie laughed.

  

“Well too bad, I’m going with you.” JC said, his strides widening as he tugged on Darcie’s hand.

  

“Oh JC stop, you know how much it turns me on when you get all manly on me.” Darcie said sarcastically. “If you throw me over your shoulder I’ll be done for!”

  

Ami giggled as she ran to catch up with them, “Be grateful it’s JC, if it were Joey…”

  

“If what were me?” Joey’s voice sounded.

  

“Shit.” Ami muttered, “Now I’m not going in.”

  

“Going in where?” Chris asked.

  

“Come on Aims, it’s a female essential.” Darcie laughed.

  

“You’re not the one shopping!”

  

“You’re not going to buy anything?” JC pouted.

  

“Oh I might.” Darcie said with a wink.

  

“Where are we going?” Chris asked.

  

“That special place that all men love.” JC said.

  

“Best Buy?” Lance asked as he joined them.

  

“Okay all straight men love.” JC laughed.

  

“Victoria’s Secret?” Chris and Joey asked in unison.

  

“We’re going to Victoria’s Secret?” Justin asked.

  

Ami groaned and glared at Darcie, “Thank you so much. Next time how about we just make a sign that says ‘Ami Ainslie is going to be buying some underwear at Vic Secret’?”

  

“Can I help you pick it out?” Justin asked innocently.

  

Ami spun on her heel and glared at her boyfriend, “The only males coming within ten feet of that dressing room will be a male sales associate or Lance.”

  

“What?” Justin asked as Darcie began leading them into the store. “How come Lance gets to see and I don’t?”

  

“Perks of liking boys.” Lance laughed, “I get to grope women and they don’t get mad.”

  

“Don’t think for one second your hands are coming anywhere near these.” Ami muttered, pointing to her chest.

  

“Mine can!” Justin beamed, causing a blush to creep up Ami’s cheeks.

  

Darcie stopped so suddenly that JC had to twist to the side so he wouldn’t run into her. “Wait, what?”

  

Ami walked past her, her face bright red, “Never you mind.”

  

Darcie released JC’s hands and moved after Ami, “Oh no you don’t. I thought you kept your relationship PG.”

  

“I am eighteen.” Ami hissed at her, “If I hadn’t been felt up by now I just might have shot myself.”

  

Darcie laughed, “Well Justin does have big hands.”

  

“Oh God you have no idea.”

 

“A-ha!” Darcie cried pointing at her, “Okay, I don’t want to know exactly can fit into the palm of his hand so look, bras!”

  

The boys followed them inside, giving the girls questioning looks. Ami quickly moved about, ignoring Chris and Joey’s catcalls and glaring at Justin for every piece of lingerie he suggested to her.

  

Darcie glanced out the doors and saw Mike and Lonnie standing out side, “You boys not coming in?”

  

Mike shook his head, “I’ve learned my lesson when it comes to you women and your underwear.”

  

“What’s your excuse big boy?” Darcie asked Lonnie.

  

“If I’m in there I actually have to pull Ami off of Justin when she tries to kill him. I figure if I don’t see it, it didn’t happen.”

  

Mike and Darcie laughed at that, “Man, wish I had thought about that when I had to pull Darcie off Joey yesterday.”

  

Lonnie chuckled, “Why do you think I look in the other direction when she’s giving these boys the beat down?”

  

“You can’t accuse me of making your job more difficult because we all know they pout for a few days and don’t dare step out of line.”

  

“Darcie!” Ami called from the back of the store, “Would you please get these morons away from me!”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes and made her way to the back of the store. “Darcie, try this on for us!” Joey called.

  

Darcie eyed the bustier he held, “I have one exactly like that.”

  

Four out of five jaws dropped as JC suddenly found the carpet very interesting. “You own one of these?” Chris demanded.

  

“Oh please, I own bondage pants and ridiculously short skirts and that’s weird to you?” Darcie asked.

  

“Well kind of, I just haven’t seen you wear it yet and I’m going to assume from the way JC’s avoiding my look, wait, you own skirts?”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes, “Wait til the tour.”

  

“So since you already have one of those, will you try this on?” Joey asked, holding up a see through negligee.

  

“Find one in your size and try it on and then I will.” Darcie told him as Ami called her name.

  

“I hate when she does that.” Joey pouted.

  

“Try dating her and getting that.” JC muttered.

  

~ * ~

  

Darcie and Ami finally exited Victoria’s Secret half an hour later. After ten minutes of being in the store Darcie had successfully threatened each member of NSYNC and told off one of the sales associates who had tried to flirt with JC. Lonnie had finally taken pity on the boys and come and ushered them out and towards the food court.

  

Mike sighed as he eyed the bag that Darcie was toting, “You bought something didn’t you?”

  

Darcie shrugged, “They had a couple of cute sets and there’s this one bra that makes my knockers look…”


”Stop, I don’t want to know.” He muttered.

  

Darcie smirked and handed him the bag, “Just hold it for me will ya? If JC spots it he’ll never leave me alone until he sees what’s inside it.”

  

“And how is that any different from other times he’s seen your underwear.”

  

Darcie blushed as Ami began to giggle, “I’ll have you know everything that we’ve done has been above the clothes. Unlike Ami and Justin.”

  

“Hard to believe isn’t it Mike?” Ami giggled, “She’s all talk.”

 

Darcie rolled her eyes, “I just have more restraint.”


”Right, we’ll see how well that restraint is when JC gets a view of you in that bra.” Ami teased.

  

“And just so you know, I’ve gotten just as much action as you.” Darcie muttered.

  

Mike rolled his eyes, “Please, I already had to see four pouts when you kicked them out of the store, I don’t want to see yours.”

  

Darcie shot Mike her best glare and then was distracted as she spotted Joey. She threw a smirk at Ami and began to move towards where he and the other guys were. Lonnie had relocated them to a fountain that was towards the back of the mall. Darcie always found it odd that such a beautiful piece of artwork would be set back where hardly anyone could see it, but she loved the intimacy it created.

  

Darcie snuck up on Joey as he balanced himself on the edge of the fountain. It had been like this years ago when she first met them and they had been in Rome. She and Justin had been play fighting and had accidentally knocked Lance in when he was walking along the edge with Joey and Chris. It hadn’t taken long for a water fight to break out and they had eventually been told to leave the area or be arrested.

  

Darcie screamed as Lance caught her around the waist and threw her over his shoulder casually.

  

“Lance!” Darcie yelled, “Don’t you dare!”

  

“Payback is a bitch and I’ve been waiting years for this.” Lance said tossing her into the water, directly under the spray.

  

Darcie was surprised how deep the water had actually been as she sat in the fountain, water thundering down on her. The water was almost up to her chest and something told her that the boys had made sure she wouldn’t smack her head off the bottom of the fountain. She rubbed her aching rear end and glared at Lance through her bangs.

  

The guys and Ami were nearly doubled over in laughter and even Lonnie and Mike seemed to be struggling not to laugh. She made a big show of picking herself up out of the water, moving slowly out of the spray, shaking her head to rid her ears of the water that was in them. She studied each of them through her bangs and picked her target.

  

Ami shrieked as Darcie suddenly grabbed her around the waist, but her struggles only succeeded in making both girls fall backwards. Ami glared at Darcie and threw a handful of water at her. Darcie glared back and copied her friend’s actions, a water fight beginning immediately after. Both girls were giggling as they knelt in the water and tried to knock the other over.

  

Darcie’s eyebrow twitched as the guys began cheering them on and catcalling. Ami smirked as she caught sight of the annoyed look on her friends face. Darcie tapped her finger against Ami’s bicep and on the third tap they both spun around, dragging their hands through the water.

  

They both smirked as they managed to soak all five men standing on the outside of the fountain. Justin slowly looked up at them and Darcie immediately burst into giggles.

  

“I feel like I just watched a Chia pet commercial.” She gasped out.

  

Ami looked closer at Justin and realized that Darcie was right. The gel that had been holding his curls in place seemed to have been blasted out of his hair once the water hit it. The once neat curls were now standing on end, his hair hitting its full fro potential.

  

“Boy you need to get a handle on those babies.” Mike laughed, he and Lonnie had managed to get away with very little water being splashed on them.

  

“He looks like a poodle.” Ami giggled.

  

“Hey!” Justin yelled, “That’s not nice!”

  

Darcie threw another handful of water at him, “Oh quit whining Chia boy.”

  

“I’m going to suggest NSYNC Chia pets to Johnny next time I see him.”

  

Darcie was leaning on Ami as she laughed. The two girls screamed as Justin leapt into the fountain and began chasing them around. Darcie managed to climb out and hide behind JC as Justin dragged his girlfriend down to the water.

  

“You’re freezing!” JC exclaimed as Darcie pressed herself to his dry back.

  

“It’s not like I was sitting in a hot tub Josh.” Darcie said, still laughing.

  

JC rolled his eyes and turned his face to the side as more water was thrown in their direction. He brought Darcie to his side and wrapped his arm around her. He could feel her shivering as Joey and Chris leapt into the fountain to help Ami gang up on Justin.

  

“So childish.” Lance muttered, shaking his head.

  

“You started this!” Darcie said, looking around JC.

  

“And just what are you going to do about it?” Lance asked, egging her on playfully, “Drip water in my general direction?”

  

Darcie smirked and shoved JC as hard as she could towards Lance. Unfortunately for her, JC tried to catch himself by grabbing her arm, which only made her fall into the fountain with them.

  

When JC, Lance and Darcie fell into the water the other four stopped and stared at them. As the three of them climbed to their feet the others formed a circle with them. Everyone stared at each other expectantly before immediately kicking water at the person across from them.

  

Darcie giggled as she jumped on Joey’s back. She clung to him as he chased Chris and Lance, but as he passed JC he pulled her off of him and to his body.

  

That was not very nice.” JC said, his lips dangerously close to hers.

  

Darcie smiled up at him sweetly and brushed some water droplets off his cheek, “I’ll make it up to you.”

  

“Oh you better believe you will.” JC winked.

  

As JC’s face lowered towards Darcie’s they were both splashed with water from their friends.

  

“You get Joey I’ll take Chris, Ami can handle Justin.” Darcie muttered.

  

“Deal!”

  

Mike and Lonnie shook their heads as a Chris let out a high pitched scream that was cut off as Darcie tackled him to the water. They spotted several people inching their way closer, cameras in hand. From the angle they were at they couldn’t tell if it was fans or paparazzi.

  

“Okay children, I think play time is over.” Mike said, reaching into the fountain and pulling Darcie off Chris.

  

“But Mike, I was just getting into spirit of things!” Darcie said as Mike helped her out.

  

“I know, and as much as I love to watch you smack the boys around we gotta go.” Mike said, nodding towards the people that were starting to gather.

  

“Good call.” Darcie said, “Justin get your skinny ass away from Chris and out of the fountain now!”

  

The guys all followed her gaze and climbed out of the fountain, disappointed that their fun was over. Darcie pulled JC out of the fountain and took her bags from Mike. “Come on Big Daddy, let’s go to your place and watch some movies and warm up.”

   
End Notes:
The next chapter will contain some adult situations, the story is rated nc-17 after all. Also I have a series going called "Lessons In History" it's basically a way for me to get through writers block and delve deeper into the history that Darcie has with the NSYNC boys.
Chapter 14 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:
Slightly visual...

Darcie handed JC her bags and hugged the guys and Ami goodbye, dropping kisses on the top of Mike and Lonnie’s heads as she climbed out of the van.

  

“See ya later!” Ami called after her, “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”

  

“That gives me plenty of options!” Darcie teased.

  

“Darcie Louise Fraser.” Chris warned.

  

“I know, I know, separate showers, separate blankets, sleep in the guest room.” Darcie muttered, closing the door on Chris’s response.

  

JC shook his head and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, “Does he really think you sleep in the spare room when you’re here?”

  

Darcie shrugged, “Who knows, let’s just let him believe I’m still fifteen and innocent.”

  

“You’re still innocent.” JC teased as he opened the front door, “You’re all talk.”

  

Once the door was closed, Darcie trapped JC between her body and the door, running her hand up his leg, “JC the only thing I’m all talk about is how supposedly innocent I really am.”

  

JC groaned and his head fell back, “Don’t want to scandalize Ami?”

  

Darcie smirked and nuzzled his neck, “I wouldn’t want Chris to pull his protective bullshit, and I like you in one piece. As for now, I’m going to get out of these wet clothes and take a hot bath.”

  

“Toss your clothes into the hallway and I’ll put them in the washing machine.”

  

Darcie’s smile faltered slightly, “Oh, yeah sure.”

  

JC reached out and caught her hand as she turned and began to walk away, “What’s wrong?”

  

“Nothing.” Darcie said, “I was just hoping that maybe you’d join me.”

  

JC’s eyes widened at her admission. She hadn’t been lying when she had told Mike that everything they had done had been above clothing; however undergarments weren’t much in the way of a barrier. He knew he should say no, they were both too new to their relationship, but it was hard to resist when someone you’ve wanted for years is offering you a close, intimate and relaxing moment.

  

“Tell you what, you go start the bath and toss your clothes into the hall, and I’ll join you as soon as they’re in the washing machine.”

  

Darcie’s smile could have lit up a room and she hurried off to the bathroom. JC shook his head as she headed for the master bathroom. The guest bathroom had a large Jacuzzi, but Darcie favoured the traditional claw foot tub that JC had in his master bath.

  

Darcie stripped down and wrapped a towel around herself. She opened the bathroom door and smiled at JC as she handed him her clothes. She returned to the bath and dropped in a bath bomb she had grabbed on her way there. She was sitting on the edge of the tub stirring the water with her hand when JC returned, a towel around his waist.

  

“You put one of those scent things in, didn’t you?”

  

Darcie shrugged and stood up, “It’s not my fault that I like my water to smell pretty.”

  

She dropped her towel and climbed into the bath, not failing to notice the way that JC’s breath hitched.

  

“Well?” She asked him, “You joining me or are you just going to stare at me?”

  

JC laughed and shook his head, reaching down and flicking the towel off his waist. Darcie could feel her eyes widen at the sight of him naked. His muscles rippled as he moved towards the bath tub. His thighs were muscular from years of performing; his stomach and chest were defined, despite how scrawny he may have appeared he was a beautiful man.

  

“Like what you see?” JC teased.

  

Darcie licked her lips as she let her eyes roam over him, “You’ll do.”

  

JC grinned at her and pulled her into a sitting position so that he could slide in behind her. Once she was settled between his legs he pulled her to his chest and wrapped his arms around her.

  

Darcie sighed and traced her fingers up and down his arm lightly as he kissed her temple. She used her foot to turn off the water and closed her eyes.

  

“What are you thinking about?” JC asked softly.

  

“That I could quite happily stay like this forever.”

  

“You’d get all pruny.”

  

“I could handle pruny if it meant a lot of moments like these.” She told him.

  

“I know you won’t believe me, but I’ve wanted this for a long time.” JC said.

  

“What do you mean?”

  

“I mean, I never meant what I said about you being just like a little sister.” JC sighed, “It was just weird for me. Here you were, just about to turn sixteen and I was what, twenty? It was illegal for me to so much as wink at you. Not to mention that I had Chris to consider.”

  

“Why, what did Chris do?”

  

“You were his world Darc, you still are. It was more like you were his daughter or his sister, he would have done anything to protect you and as much as I wanted to be with you, I couldn’t risk the other guy’s careers.”

  

Darcie bit her lip gently, “So it had nothing to do with how I was?”

  

JC laughed and kissed her head, “Darcie you’re no different then how you were then. The you that is out now was just hiding.”

  

“Oh shit!” Darcie suddenly exclaimed, “I forgot to get your dry-cleaning.”

  

“My dry cleaning?”

  

“Yeah, it was on my list of things to do today until you guys followed us to the mall.” Darcie sighed.

  

“Babe, you know you don’t have to actually do stuff like that right?” JC asked.

  

Darcie shrugged, “It really doesn’t bother me to do little things like that. Besides, isn’t that part of my job as a personal assistant?”

  

JC grinned and slid one hand down her stomach and side, over her leg. His fingers slowly slid back up her thigh, “How about I think of something to assist you with.”

  

Darcie moaned and melted against him as his other hand slid up and cupped her breast as his lips fell to her neck. She gasped and arched her back as he rolled her nipple between his fingers, his hand on her thigh inching higher.

  

She turned her head and captured his lips with hers, groaning into his mouth as his fingers reached their goal. She gasped as his long fingers slid against her. Even through the heat of the water she could feel the heat of his skin.

  

Darcie pulled her lips from his, her gasp echoing loudly in the room, “Jesus.”

  

JC’s finger pressed hard against the swollen nub between her legs, circling it slowly. JC smiled as her hips thrashed against his hand. “Come on baby, I don’t need you drowning in the tub.”

  

“I’ll risk it.” Darcie whimpered as he pushed her shoulders to make her sit up.

  

“You will, but I won’t.” JC said standing up, pulling Darcie to her feet, “Don’t worry baby, I’ll make you feel good.”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes as she allowed JC to pull her towards the bedroom, “You’re such a cheese ball.”

  

JC pulled her against him, “You know you love it.”

  

Darcie grinned and rolled her hips, feeling him growing harder against her belly. JC moaned and pressed his lips to hers, guiding her to the bed. He guided her down and then placed his hands on her hips, making her move up the mattress.

  

He smiled down at her as her head settled against the pillows. “You’re so beautiful.” Darcie said softly.

  

JC stared at her, examining her face. He leaned down and kissed her deeply, his hands sliding up her rib cage and covering her breasts. He moved his lips down her chin, gently biting her pulse, making her arch her hips. He kissed down the slope of her breast, his lips replacing the fingers that covered her right nipple.

  

Darcie’s fingers laced through the hair on the back of his neck. She moaned loudly as his teeth grazed her nipple followed by his tongue soothing it. He moved to her other breast and repeated the action before moving down her body.

  

The sound of her cell phone ringing penetrated the haze in her brain.

  

“Answer it.” JC said as he swirled his tongue around her belly button.

  

“What?” Darcie asked in shock, “You expect me to answer it now?”

  “It could be important.” He said a little too reasonably as he scraped his teeth over one of her hip bones.  

Darcie groped for her phone and connected the call as JC crossed his arms over her belly and stared up at her. “Hello?”

  

“What took you so long?” Ami’s voice asked.

  

“I couldn’t find my phone.” Darcie said, trying to ignore the kisses that JC kept dropping on her stomach. “What can I do for you Aims?”

  

Darcie’s eyes widened at the smirk that slid over JC’s lips. She nearly shot off the bed when his hands pressed against her hips and she felt his tongue slide against her.

  

“Uh, what are you doing?” Ami demanded, making Darcie realise she had just moaned into the phone.

  

“JC’s giving me a massage. My back is sore from jumping around in the fountain.”

  

Darcie had to pull the phone away and press her face into the pillow beside her as a long finger slid into her body and JC’s lips closed around her clit.

  

She pulled the phone back to her ear, “Are you going to pick up that paperwork tomorrow or do you want me to do it?”

  

Darcie’s eyes rolled back as JC added a second finger and curled them up in a beckoning motion.

  

“Yeah, I’m going with JC to the costume fittings so I’ll grab it.” Darcie gasped out, feeling the coil in her belly tightening, “I’ll call you later k?”

  

She didn’t wait for a response as she snapped her phone closed and tossed it onto the floor. She grabbed the back of JC’s head and arched against him, moaning out his name.

  

She fell back against the mattress panting and JC kissed his way up her body. His eyes widened as she pulled his lips to hers, moaning as she tasted herself on his mouth. It was one of the most erotic things he had ever experienced since all of his other girlfriends had refused to do such a thing.

  

“You lasted longer on the phone then I thought you would.” He teased as he laid his head on her chest.

  

“Ami will kill you if she ever finds out what was really going on.” Darcie muttered as she pressed on his shoulder to make him roll to his back.

  

She straddled his hips and JC’s hands gripped her waist. “Don’t.”

  

“Don’t what?” Darcie asked.

  

“You don’t have to do anything, I told you I wanted to make you feel good.”

  

“I know, I know, we’re not ready for that step yet.” Darcie sighed, irritation evident in her voice as she moved away from him.

  

“Darcie.” JC began.

  

Darcie jerked open a drawer in his dresser and pulled out one of her tank tops and a pair of underwear. “I get it JC.”

  

“Darcie, you don’t, otherwise you wouldn’t be mad.”

  

Darcie spun around and put her hands on her hips, “JC I get it perfectly well. You think that I’m not ready for sex because I’m still young and blah blah blah.”

  

JC sat up in bed, “Baby…”

  

“Don’t ‘baby’ me JC.” Darcie growled, glaring at him. “I’m so tired of you telling me that I’m not ready. I think the problem is that you’re not ready.”

  

“How do you know you’re ready?” JC asked.

  

“I just do alright?” Darcie snapped, “I’m almost twenty years old, I’ve wanted to be with you since I was fifteen. I don’t care if five months from now we break up or whatever. I just want to be with you.”

  

She stormed over to the closet and pulled it open, grabbing a pair of jeans. “Where are you going?”

  

“For a walk.” Darcie told him, “Alone.

 

~ * ~

  

Darcie groaned as she wrapped her arms around her to ward off the chill from the rain, “Am I not meant to be dry at all today?”

  

She had been walking around JC’s neighbourhood for close to an hour when it began to rain and a realization had hit her. Every time she and JC had ever done anything he had stopped it when ever she moved to do anything to him. Now she had a plan formed in her head as she walked back to his house, and nothing was about to deter her from it.

  

By the time she reached JC’s house thunder was rumbling and she was completely soaked. She pushed her hair out of her eyes and pressed the code for his gate. She was about halfway up the driveway when JC ran out to meet her.

  

“Are you crazy?” JC asked as she stopped and stared at him. “Why didn’t you come back when it started to rain?”

  

“I needed to think.”

  

JC pulled her to him and hugged her so tightly she thought her oxygen was being cut off, “I was so worried and of course you weren’t answering your phone.”

  

“It’s on your bedroom floor.” Darcie said.

  

“I know it is! I realized that after I stepped on the damn thing.” JC said, “By the way I owe you a new one.”

  

“You broke my cell phone?”

  

“You left it on the floor!”

  

“That was your fault.” Darcie shot back, “Why were you so worried?”

  

“Just because.” JC snapped, “Look, let’s get you inside and dried off.”

  

Darcie pulled away from him and walked inside. JC followed behind her as she pulled her tank top off while she climbed the stairs. She glanced over her shoulder and saw that JC was studying her bareback. She reached the top of the stairs and undid her jeans, sliding them down and kicking them aside as she continued to his room.

  

She crawled onto the bed and knelt in the middle, staring at him as he walked in. “What are you doing?” JC asked.

  

Darcie didn’t answer; instead she crooked her finger at him. JC’s head cocked to the side and stepped closer. She reached out for him and pulled him onto the bed beside her.

  

“What are you doing?” JC asked as he lay beside her.

  

Darcie leaned over and kissed his collarbone, “Don’t worry baby, I’ll make you feel good.”

  

She was glad that he hadn’t put a shirt back on and that he was only wearing a pair of sweat pants. He hissed as her teeth scraped against his neck and straddled his waist.

  

Darcie made her way down his body, her hands massaging his chest. She leaned over and licked his left nipple, blowing on it once she was done. She moved over and repeated the process with the right, all the while stroking his sides.

  

JC groaned and his hands twitched at his sides. “I’ve never done this before.” Darcie admitted as she moved down his body, running her tongue over the defined muscles of his stomach.

  

JC’s body began shaking as Darcie’s soft hand closed around him and he whimpered as he felt her breath over his sensitive skin.

  

His hands flew to the headboard and gripped the rails as Darcie’s tongue flicked out to taste him. She watched his face as she began to move her hand over him, warmth pooling in her belly at the sight of him.

  

Every muscle was pulled tight and his head was thrown back, mouth open in ecstasy. It was one of the most beautiful sights she had seen.


”JC,” Darcie said softly, shivering as his blue eyes slammed into hers, “Watch me.”

 

She stared into his eyes as her mouth closed over him. JC’s muscles tightened as his grip increased on the headboard.

  

“Oh God.” He groaned.

  

Darcie winked at him before paying closer attention to what she was doing. She wasn’t naïve as to do and her mouth and hand soon found a rhythm that worked. It wasn’t long before JC’s body tensed and began to tremble.

  

“Darcie, stop, I’m going to come.”

  

Darcie pulled her mouth up so only the head remained between her lips and increased the speed of her hand. She smirked to herself as JC swore loudly and she felt the first stream fill her mouth as his body arched off the mattress.

  

She stroked his stomach as his body relaxed. She crossed her arms over his stomach much like he had to her earlier. JC released the head board and sat up, running his hand through her hair.

  

“You didn’t have to do that.” JC said softly.

  

Darcie sighed and sat up, “I wanted to.”

  

JC wrapped his hands around her arms and pulled her up. Darcie snuggled against his side and laid her arm around his waist.

  

“I thought about what you said about me not being ready and you’re right. I want to make sure it’s the right time.”

  

Darcie giggled, “It’s ironic that the virgin is ready before the man whore.”

  

“Man whore?” JC asked.

  

“Jayce, you forget how many girls I have seen you with.” Darcie teased.

  

“Doesn’t mean I did anything with them.”

  

Darcie giggled, “I was teasing you dumb ass. When you feel you’re ready let me know.”

  

JC rolled his eyes, “Why do I have the feeling that you thoroughly enjoyed saying that.”

  

Darcie giggled again, “Because I did. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m hungry and you need to get some beauty sleep for the fitting tomorrow.”

  

JC caught her hand, “By the way, I never would have been able to tell that was your first time doing that.”

  

Darcie laughed, “That’s cause Joey taught me when I was sixteen.”

  

“He what?”

  

“Using a popsicle loser.” Darcie exclaimed, “Why do you think he can’t watch me eat a Popsicle anymore?”

  

“That’s unbelievable.” JC groaned.

  

“You should see how he taught Justin how to go down on a girl.” Darcie giggled.

  

“Oh I will be finding out, believe me.”

  

Darcie kissed the tip of his nose, “Go to sleep, you can make fun of him all you want tomorrow.”

   
Chapter 15 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:

Song mentioned in the chapter: Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? By Bryan Adams (listen to it if you so chose, not needed but it sets a mood :P)

Ami walked into the dressing room balancing coffees and a bag of food. She found it strange that being in the room with five men in various state of undress didn’t have the effect that it would have once had on her. Granted the fact that her best friend was dating one, one was gay and another was her boyfriend had something to do with it. The fact that Chris was wearing smiley face boxers and Joey sporting a rather nice hand print from Darcie smacking him was the other reason.

  

“Joey if you grab my ass one more time you’ll have more then a hand print on your cheek.” Darcie threatened, “Now what about these pants?”

  

Ami shoved the food at Lance and placed the coffees on the table at the rear of the room, glaring at Darcie who was making notes for Joey’s costume. “Explain to me why you couldn’t come with me to get the food?”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes, “With Allison being out sick, Jessica needed someone to make notes of the guy’s costumes for her.”

  

Ami was about to respond when JC passed Darcie and kissed the side of her neck. He whispered something to Darcie that made her smile shyly and blush.

  

Ami screamed and turned to smack Justin after he snuck up behind her and flicked his tongue against her ear. Her plan of dumping one of the hot coffees on his head flew out the window as she noticed that he was lacking a shirt.

  

“Aims?”

  

“Chest?” She asked, looking up at him, “Uh, I mean, yes?”

  

“What do you think?”

  

“That Florida should pass a law making it illegal for you to wear a damn shirt.” She muttered.

  

“I meant about Darcie and JC.” Justin laughed.

  

“You expect me to be thinking about those two now?”

  

Justin smirked and turned her head so that she could see JC and Darcie. Darcie was still writing out Joey’s comments while JC had wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling her neck.

  

“What do you think?” Justin asked.

  

“What am I supposed to think?” Ami asked, “They’re like that quite a bit.”

  

“It doesn’t seem like they’re more, I dunno, intimate?”

  

Ami studied them more closely; every time Darcie stopped writing she would turn and look at JC who would kiss her softly. When Joey turned to change into his next outfit, Darcie turned and allowed JC to wrap her up in his arms, her forehead pressed to his jaw, her hand entwined in his over his heart.

  

“I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.” Ami muttered.

  

“I think it’s cute.” Lance said, pulling out his food.

  

“Where are your pants?” Justin asked.

  

“Jessica is shortening them.” Lance told him.

  

At the sound of her name Jessica appeared thrusting the pants at Lance, “Here these should fit now. I hate to break you two snuggle buns up but JC I need you to try on your ‘Space Cowboy’ outfit to make sure I took the pants in enough.”

  

Darcie looked up at him, “You had Jess take them in more?”

  

“Yeah, so?” JC asked, pulling away.

  

“They were pretty tight as it is.”

  

JC smirked and grabbed the clothes, “You’ll see.”

  

Darcie sighed and looked at Ami with a shrug, “Sometimes I wonder about him.”

  

“You two seem, close.” Ami said, sliding up next to her friend, “Well, closer then usual.”

  

Darcie shrugged as a blush creeped up her cheeks, “We’re just discovering new things about our relationship.”

  

Ami watched Darcie turn to the bag of food as her words sunk in, “Oh, you have got to be kidding me.”


Darcie turned and grimaced, “I’m really sorry about that. I didn’t think he’d…”  


"What do you think?" JC asked interrupting them, holding his arms out.

"You look like a fag." Darcie told him, shaking her head.

"Hey!" Lance called out.

"No offence." She said patting him on the head, "But red leather pants, and don’t you dare blame this on Jessica because I know you made the suggestion."

JC smirked and turned to the side and watched as both Darcie and Ami's jaws dropped, "I'm so stealing him from you for a few hours."

"Fuck that!" Darcie exclaimed, staring at JC's crotch, "I, we, wow. Are you sure you want wear those in front of millions of screaming teenagers?”

  

“Too bad he has a cup on." Justin muttered, trying to get his girlfriends attention back on him.

"He does not!" Darcie exclaimed.

"You're just jealous."

"Ami!" Justin choked out.

"What?"

“You did not just say that.” Justin muttered.

  

“I’m with the wrong member.” Ami teased.

  

“Well we could switch on weekends.” Darcie suggested, still staring at JC.

  

She giggled as JC moved towards her, “Just think babe, once the tour is done I can wear these all you want.”

  

“You’re assuming that I would want to be seen in public with you and those pants.”

  

“Who said anything about going out in public?” JC winked.

  

“Okay, ewww that’s it.” Ami exclaimed, “If I’m not needed I have contracts and wordings to look over.”

  

Justin grabbed Ami’s hand as she moved past, “Are you okay?”

  

“I’m fine; I’m just really behind on my Freelance stuff.” Ami sighed, “Look, can I go to your place to work? Sam’s got a bunch of her co-workers coming over so she’ll just put me to work cleaning if I go home.”

  

Justin nodded and ran his hand through her hair, “You know you don’t have to ask right?”

  

“I know; I just feel better asking.” Ami told him, catching his hand and cradling it to her cheek.

  

“Look, how about I come home after this and we’ll go out for dinner.”


Ami shook her head, “You’ve been looking forward to your game night with Chris and Darcie for weeks. Besides, I don’t know how long these contracts and papers are going to take me.”  


Justin frowned and pulled her to him, kissing the top of her head, “You know I’ll cancel it if need be.”

  

“I know, but don’t worry about me. I haven’t had much alone time lately. You’re so clingy.”

  

Justin shook his head, “Fine, but I’m calling it an early night so that I can come home and watch a movie with you.”

  

Ami rolled her eyes, “Fine, I’ll see you then. See ya guys!”

  

~ * ~

  

Ami groaned as the doorbell rang, drawing her attention from the contract she was proof reading. She had been working steadily for over five hours and was almost through the seven contracts that she had been proofing for Lance before he sent them off to his newest artists.

  

She was grateful that it wasn’t her cell phone ringing yet again. The guys had a weekend off and the Bass family had a family reunion planned. As Lance’s personal assistant, Darcie had been in charge of arranging the flight that would get Lance home in time to see his brood.

  

She climbed to her feet and shuffled to the door and opened it, eyeing JC curiously, "You lost?"

"Hello to you too." JC laughed.

"Well I know that you know that Justin isn't here since he's off goofing around with Chris and Darcie." Ami said, "So that leads me to believe that you were driving home and took a wrong turn."

"Why would I knock on my own front door?" JC teased.

Ami shrugged, "You're a celebrity and you're rich, that means you have a right to be eccentric."

JC rolled his eyes, "Is it so hard to believe that I just wanted the pleasure of your company?"

"And Lance really likes girls." Ami snapped, "So how about we cut the bullshit and you tell me why you're here."

"What's with the attitude?"

"I had seven contracts to go over for Lance, not to mention the fact that I've been dodging phone calls from Diane all day since she's been phoning to confirm with me for the eleventh time that Lance is indeed flying home on the weekend." Ami told him.

"Ah the stress level is peaking."

"Just a titch." Ami looked over his shoulder, "You have exactly five seconds to get away from that gate before I taser your teeny ass."

JC glanced behind him and saw a teenage girl quickly step away from the gate and keep walking. "Look, I need someone to talk to."

"That's what your girlfriend is for."

"It's about my girlfriend." JC said, "And before you tell me to talk to the guys may I remind you of the advice they give."

Ami sighed and nodded the last time she had asked for advice from Chris and Joey they had left her more frustrated and annoyed then when she had gone in. Lance gave some halfway decent advice, but something told her he wouldn’t be very good with girl problems.

  

Ami's eyes narrowed, "Is this going to make me want to kick your ass in any way, shape, or form?"

"I don't think so, you might feel a little queasy, but the only violent urges you should get is if that girl comes back again."

Ami rolled her eyes and pushed the door open, "Fine, I could use a break. And if Diane phones you can tell her that Lance is coming home, maybe she'll believe someone other then me and him."

JC grinned and stepped inside, following Ami to the large family room. They sat down on the plush leather sofa and Ami quickly tucked her legs under her body. "Alright, what's up?"

JC sighed and turned so he was sitting Indian style, facing her, "I don't even know where to begin."

"Well obviously you do, or you wouldn't be here." Ami said with a sigh, "Is this about her night terrors?"

Darcie tended to have night terrors when her stress levels began to peak. At first they had really thrown JC for a loop. He hadn’t known what to do when he suddenly woke up with Darcie beside him screaming and thrashing. When he had tried to wake her up she had split his lip open.

 

JC shook his head, "No, those don't really bother me anymore, I've gotten about as used to them as a person possibly can."

"Alright then what is it?" Ami asked.

"This is going to sound so sappy." JC muttered, "Alright last night we were lying in bed watching a movie. Usually when we lay like that we're either side by side because she moves around so damn much, or the odd time I can get her to settle down so I can hold her."

Ami nodded in understanding, Darcie had never been one to be able to be still during a movie. It wasn't that she couldn't stay seated, she shifted a lot and depending on the movie she could zone in to it so completely a bomb could go off next to her and she wouldn't even notice. "Yeah she's annoying to watch a movie with until you get used to how much she moves."

"Anyway, last night she was actually holding me, and I was so content." JC admitted, "It was scary. I mean Bobbie tried a few times to hold me like that and I just couldn't get used to the idea of her holding me."

Ami's eyebrow arched, she couldn't count the amount of times that Justin had snuggled up to her. She loved it when he would lay his head on her collarbone or her chest and just let her hold him. She and Darcie had talked about it one day after Darcie had walked in on the two of them cuddling on the couch. Darcie had admitted how much she envied Ami for being able to do that since JC never seemed like he would accept that kind of intimacy.

"So what you're saying is you realized how content and happy Darcie makes you?" Ami asked, "JC if you just realized that I'm going to kick your ass just for being a fucking idiot."

JC shot Ami a look, "What I realized was that I'm falling madly in love with your best friend."

Ami's eyes widened and her jaw dropped, "Wow. How madly are you falling?"

"Have you ever heard that Bryan Adams song?" JC asked, "The one that makes Darcie get all teary?"
 
"Have you ever really loved a woman?" Ami confirmed, "Oh God, if you tell me you're seeing your unborn children in her eyes I'm going to smack you." 
 
JC shrugged, "Ami for the first time in my life I can see myself settling down and marrying."
 
"But you hate commitment; you have a bigger marriage phobia then Chris."


"That should tell you something then." JC muttered, "All I know is when I look at her I wonder if our kids will have my eyes or hers, whose nose they'll get, I pray they get her lips and her dimples."
 
Ami stared at JC, "You're right, I do feel my lunch coming back up."

  

JC rolled his eyes, “I’m serious Aims.”

  

“So tell her.” Ami said.

  

“The timing has to be perfect.” JC said.

  

It was Ami’s turn to roll her eyes, “What is it with you men and needing the timing to be perfect?”

  

“What do you mean?”

  

“Do you really think we want to be wined and dined and have you plan this big hokey thing before you can tell us?” Ami asked, “When has Darcie ever wanted those traditional things? You could walk in on her gaming night tonight and tell her and she would be thrilled that you told her.  You just need to tell her.”

  

“Gee Ami; tell me how you really feel.” JC grinned.

  

“Want to know how I really feel?” Ami asked, “I feel the need to tell you that the next time you’re sexing up my best friend, do not encourage her to answer her damn phone. Massage my ass.”

  

JC snickered, “Yeah sorry about that, it seemed like a good idea at the time.”

  

“Ugh, get out of here and go harass my boyfriend will ya?”

  

JC grinned and leaned over to kiss her cheek, “Are you coming to rehearsal tomorrow?”

  

“Oh you know I can’t resist you boys and your hip thrusts.” Ami sighed, “Now go, and if I ever have to hear her getting sexed up again, I will have your ass.”

   

Chapter 16 by mistressofburden

Darcie propped her legs up on the chair in front of her. She had to admit that the stage design was amazing, it was big enough for the boys to run around and the glass partition that came away from the stage was an idea that she was proud of. Granted it would only take them as far as the sound director, but depending on the stadium they were in, it could take them pretty far out into the crowd.

  

The guys looked down at Darcie and Ami who were trying their best to hide their laughter. Of course the occasional snort that was escaping Darcie wasn’t convincing the guys that they weren’t laughing.

  

“Okay come on guys take it from booty shaking.” Wade said, making the two girls finally give in and collapse into a fit of giggles.

  

Darcie actually slid off her chair and rocked back and forth on her knees, “I can’t,” She gasped out, “it’s too much.”

  

“Just what is so funny?” Wade demanded.

  

“Them and their booty shaking.” Darcie said, making both girls start laughing all over again.

  

“And why is that funny?” Wade demanded again.

  

“If you were looking at it from our point of view you’d know.” Ami said making Darcie begin to laugh so hard that tears streamed down her face.

  

“Well why don’t you two come up here and show me just what you find so funny?”

  

“I can point out one of them from here.” Darcie said, wiping the tears from her face.

  

“And that would be?”

  

“Lance has enough ‘booty’ for all five of them.” Darcie said, making the two girls start all over again.

  

“Hey!” Lance exclaimed.

  

“She’s got a point dude.” Justin grinned, “You could balance a tea cup on that bad boy.”

  

“Oh you have no right to talk pop locker.” Ami added, climbing to her feet, “If you stick your ass out any farther you’d break the noses of the teenies in the front row!”

  

“And then there’s Chris.”

  

“Okay!” Wade shouted, “I got the point.”

  

"Next you'll have them shimming." Darcie gasped out as Ami sat back down and leaned her head on her shoulder, tears running down her face.
 

"You two really shouldn't be allowed to watch rehearsals anymore." Wade muttered.

  

“Why don’t we work on something else for awhile?” JC suggested.

  

“Fine, let’s work on Digital Get Down.” Wade said.

  

They turned back to the girls when a loud crash sounded only to find the chair at the end of the isle tipped over.

  

“Um, where did they go?” Justin asked.

  

JC looked down when he heard a thud and a muffled curse come from Darcie. She scowled at a beam and rubbed her forehead. Justin saw that JC was looking down through the glass and moved closer, looking into the camera pit.

  

“What in the hell are you two doing down there?” Justin asked.

  

“We wanted to see what it looks like from down here.” Ami said a little too casually.

  

JC’s eyes shifted to look at Darcie who had become incredibly interested in her sleeve.

  

“Darcie.” JC said slowly.

  

“Yes sweetheart?” She asked sweetly.

  

“What did you tell her?”

  

“Nothing.” She said slowly.

  

“Then why are you down there?”

  

“I never thought I’d hear you complain that I was under you.” Darcie shot back

  

“I’m too young for this conversation.” Justin groaned.

  

“Can we please get some work done?” Wade snapped, “We’ll go through it once without the music.”

  

The guys started going through the routine with Wade counting out the steps. Darcie and Ami continued to stare up, watching the boys pass over them. Justin winked down at them as he and JC switched places.

  

Darcie grabbed Ami’s arm, “Wait for it.”

  

JC’s hands hit the floor and his hips thrust against it and Wade stopped the music to correct something Lance and Joey had done.

”Oh my.” Ami exclaimed.

  

“I told you!” Darcie said excitedly, “Wade I love you!”

  

JC grinned and rolled his eyes. Once the girls were looking back up at him he flicked his tongue out against the microphone that was in front of his face.

  

The other guys turned to stare at the edge of the stage when Darcie screamed “Move woman” at Ami.

  

They watched JC slide to the edge of the stage and look down, only to be practically dragged off when Darcie reached up and pulled him to her for a kiss. Ami appeared back out in the isle, rolling her eyes.

  

“Think the teenies will like it?” Chris asked as Ami climbed the stairs of the stage, stepping over JC.

  

“I don’t know about the teenies, but as long as JC does that, Darcie will be putty in his hands.” Ami said with a sigh.

  

“I should ban you two from rehearsals.” Wade muttered, only to laugh when Darcie flipped him off. “Uh, Darcie, would you mind releasing JC so that we can finish up and run through the whole show?”

  

Darcie pulled away and shot Wade a look, “Way to take all the fun out of this.”

  

“Justin’s glare doesn’t work on me, don’t think yours will.” Wade muttered.

  

“And yet you look ready to piss yourself.” Lance laughed, “Look Wade, don’t piss her off. If you piss her off you have to deal with Ami and Chris, and with Ami comes Justin.”

  

Wade rolled his eyes and turned around to find Justin and Ami locked in a kiss. “Oh for crying out loud, fine, take a fifteen minute break.”

  

Ami smirked against Justin’s lips and pulled back, “What was that planned or something?”

  

Ami giggled, “No, I wish we had thought about it.”

  

“Where did JC go?” Lance asked.

  

A hand appeared from the front of the stage and waved. The guys rolled their eyes when they heard Darcie giggle.

  

“Those two are so disgustingly in love.” Chris muttered as JC chased Darcie out from under the stage.

  

Ami grabbed his shoulder and grinned at him, “But look how happy she is Chris. I haven’t seen her like this since she got back from the first tour you took her on.”

  

Chris and Ami watched as JC caught Darcie and spun her around, kissing her deeply, “Yeah but it’s like watching my brother and sister make out.” Chris groaned.

  

“At least you didn’t have to listen to it.” Ami muttered.

  

“What was that?” Chris asked.

  

“Nothing, I’m going to go hit up McDonalds for lunch, you guys want anything?” Ami said, changing the subject completely.

  

~ * ~

  

The girls were back in their seats smirking smugly as Chris complained about the stomach ache his double quarter pounder with cheese, super sized fries and large milkshake had given him. Wade stood with his hands on his hips, a look of sheer frustration on his face.

  

“You just had to get fast food didn’t you?” He snapped in the girl’s direction, glaring at Ami.

  

“Look slave driver, just because you’d be quite content with them passing out from not eating isn’t my fault.” Ami said, staring at her nails.

  

“You know what their diet is when they rehearse.”

  

“And miss your lovely whine?” Ami shot back, finally looking up at him, “Why would I do something like that?”

  

Darcie snickered into her hand, “Chris stop being a pain in Wade’s ass or I will come up there and pour a bottle of pepto down your throat.”

  

“I’m cured!” Chris cried jumping to his feet.

  

“Why didn’t I think of that?” Wade muttered.

  

“Wouldn’t have worked, only Darcie has the power to get him to stay still long enough to pour it down his throat.” Lance said.

  

“How’s that?”

  

“He may consider me to be like a little sister, but he is still a man.” Darcie said.

  

“In other words she dazzles him with her ‘wits’.” Ami giggled.

  

Wade rolled his eyes, “Can we please get this over with?”

  

“By all means, start them up, Ami and I’ve got Texas Chainsaw Massacre three waiting at home.” Darcie said.

  

Six sets of eyes turned to look at them, “What?” Ami asked.

  

“That was very specific of you.” Joey said.

  

Darcie and Ami shrugged, “It isn’t my fault that it’s one of the greatest slasher series of all times.” Ami said.

  

“Not to mention Viggo Mortensen.” Darcie sighed dreamily, “Even as a deranged, red neck killer he’s still a fox.”

  

“The one man I’d leave Justin for.” Ami added.

  

“Hey!”

  

“Go back to your hip thrusting and let me day dream.”

  

Justin’s mouth was hanging open and even Darcie had a mild look of shock on her face. “You never cease to amaze me woman.” Darcie giggled, “Alright Captain Hip Thrusts, you wanted our opinions hop to it.”

  

“You two be nice.” JC said.

  

“I make no promises we all know I’m…”

  

“A bitch?” Lance offered.

  

“I was going to say blunt, but bitch works well too.” Darcie agreed. “Are you going to do show order?”

  

“No, just whatever comes up randomly on the practice CD.” Wade said.

  

“Oh goodie, that means I can make even more fun of them when they do full rehearsal in two days.” Ami muttered.

  

“Ami, I have four words for you, ‘JC Chasez, leather pants’.” Darcie sighed dreamily.

  

“I have four for you too, ‘Justin Timberlake, knee sweat’.”

  

Darcie glanced at Justin to see that his jogging pants were indeed soaked between mid thigh and mid calf. “Oh thank you so much for that Aims.”

  

“Just think of how many thousands of screaming fan girls will have their hopes and dreams shattered when they realize that yes, Justin Timberlake does sweat like a pig.”

  

“Or it will put even more fantasies into their head about ways to make him sweat like that.”

  

“Dude, knee sweat is not sexy.”

  

“If you two are done analysing the sexy nature of Justin’s sweating habits, I’m going to start them up now.” Wade sighed.

  

Darcie rolled her eyes as the guy’s donned cloaks and stood at the top of the stage, “One of these days I’m going to slam his pimp wannabe ass around.”

  

“Take it easy on him, he’s only seventeen.” Ami giggled.

  

“And if he doesn’t watch it, he won’t make it to nineteen.”

  

The music started up and the guys began moving in perfect unison across the high arch of the stage. Darcie frowned as their pace increased and they made their way down the ramp.

  

“Is it just me or does this remind you of the ending to Mortal Kombat?” Darcie asked Ami.

  

“I was thinking that they look kinda like Jedi’s skipping.” Ami said her tone serious

  

“Don’t let Joey hear you say that or he might start offering to show you his light sabre.”

  

The guys continued dancing through the song, Joey and Justin winking and waving at Ami and Darcie as if they were the entire audience. Ami’s eyes widened and she gasped as JC moved to the centre of the stage and grabbed his crotch as he thrust his hips.

  

“You know the choreography almost as well as they do, was he supposed to do that?” Ami asked as Darcie rolled her eyes.

  

“No,” Darcie sighed, “I bet you the minute I call him on it he’ll just say he was ‘adjusting’ himself.”

  

Ami turned her eyes back in time to see all five of them doing their impressions of Michael Jackson. “Was that at least planned?”

  

“Yep, funny thing is that I’ve never seen Lance pull it off so easily.”

  

Wade paused the track as they came to the end, “What did you think?”

  

Darcie shrugged, “It was pretty much the same as the music video. Granted the crotch grabs weren’t in there, but then MTV would have banned it.”

  

Wade chuckled and shook his head, “Alright guys, let’s continue.”

  

Darcie and Ami sat back and watched them run through Just Got Paid.

  

“Think the other guys are trying to make up for the fact that Lance’s booty out does them all?” Ami asked.

  

Darcie grinned, “Oh probably.”

  

The two girls eyed Lonnie as he crossed the stage, “What’s he doing up there?”

  

“They got some brilliant plan that thirty or so girls are going to dance on stage with them for a whole thirty seconds so they needed a ‘bouncer’ type.”

  

“So how did Lonnie get sucked into it?”

  

“Apparently it was one hell of a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament.” Darcie said, “It’s kinda disappointing, I was hoping that they had beaten the crap out of each other or something.”

  

Ami laughed as she watched the guys dance with an imaginary group of girls. The guys moved out and split up to begin walking up the ramp.

  

“Awww, Lance is in the middle for once.” Ami said.

  

“It’s cause his booty is the best of all of them.”

  

The two girls were still giggling as Wade paused the track to get their opinions. “Are those good giggles?”

  

“We were admiring Lance’s ass.” Ami said.

  

Lance’s cheeks turned pink while everyone else laughed. “Lance you can booty shake for me anytime!” Darcie teased.

  

The guys were still laughing as Wade started up the CD once more. The guys went through “I Want You Back”, “God Must Have Spent”, “Tearin’ Up My Heart” and “Drive myself Crazy” with minimal comments from the girls.

  

The only comment Darcie made about “It’s gonna be me” was Darcie telling JC he better make sure not to over shoot his run and fall off the stage.

  

“Guys take a break, Justin let’s run through your beat box.” Wade said.

  

The rest of the guys grabbed water and towels and moved to sit with Darcie and Ami. “Don’t even think about put your sweaty body anywhere near me.” Ami threatened Joey.

  

Darcie grabbed JC’s towel and wiped off his face and shoulder. She placed a kiss on his cheek and rested her head on his shoulder. “At least you’re being nice.” JC said.

  

“I’m always nice.” Darcie said, “I’ve always wondered if it was possible for him to throw out a hip.”

  

“He can’t,” Ami said with a laugh, “Think of how many fan girls would be heart broken if he did.”

 

The guys were laughing as Justin continued to move through his routine. “How come you don’t look that sexy wiping sweat off your face?” Darcie teased.

  

“Has anyone else noticed he’s grabbed to crotch of his pants eight times since he started this?” Chris asked.

  

“Well he is doing a lot of thrusting, maybe they’re riding up.” Joey said.

  

Five sets of eyes stared at him, giving him the exact same look. “Okay guys, lets get back to work.”

  

The remaining members of NSYNC climbed to their feet and returned to the stage. They moved through the rest of the routines until Wade was satisfied and decided it was time to send them home.

  

The guys went to the back to change and Darcie and Ami started to collect their things. Darcie looked up to see Johnny walking towards them. “Come to see how the slaves are holding up boss man?”

  

Johnny laughed and shook hands with the girls. “Make any of them cry today?”

  

Darcie grinned, “Well Joey teared up a little bit, and Justin sobbed like a little girl, but they managed to make it through their routines.”

  

“You must be losing your touch.”

  

“I know, it’s horrible!” Darcie laughed.

  

“So to what do we owe the pleasure Johnny?” Ami asked.

  

“Would you mind telling the boys that I’ve scheduled a dinner meeting to go over a few last minute changes.” Johnny said, handing Ami a card, “The reservations are at eight under my name.”

  

The girls nodded, “We’ll tell them right away.”

  

“Oh and that invitation is open to you girls as well.” Johnny said, “I have a feeling you’ll keep the conversation a bit more lively.”

 Darcie and Ami laughed and nodded before heading into the back.

 

Chapter 17 by mistressofburden
Darcie followed her friend out to the car and scowled, “You certainly know how to ruin someone’s fun.”  

 

Ami grinned lazily as they climbed into her car. Darcie had gone into the showers to see JC as Ami told the other guys about the dinner meeting. Ami had eventually wandered into the showers to remind Darcie that they would need to go and get ready.

  

Of course when Ami had walked in she had found JC pinning Darcie against the sinks, kissing her like he hadn’t seen her in a year. Ami’s jaw dropped when she saw his towel drop.

  

“I still maintain I saw nothing.” Ami muttered, as she drove away from the building.

  

“Right, because you running out of there screaming ‘I didn’t see anything, I didn’t see anything’ is so convincing.” Darcie giggled as she rolled down the window and let the breeze blow over her flushed face.

  

“Yeah I guess adding ‘I saw everything’ kinda ruined the effect huh?”

  

“So why exactly are we going shopping again? I thought you had an outfit for dinner tonight.”

  

“I did, but I know that you’re going to wear those pinstripe pants and that black cami.”

  

“And?” Darcie asked, “I happen to like that outfit.”

  

“I know that’s why I need to go get a new outfit. You always look so classically sexy in that outfit.”

  

Darcie’s eyebrow arched, “Why do I sense a bet coming on?”

  

I think the first one to make her boyfriend crumble in front of Johnny wins, and the other has to do her laundry for the tour.”

  

Darcie scoffed at her friend. “Please, who says clothes make the orgasm.”

  

“I think you mean woman.”

  

“No, I mean orgasm. For an extra thirty bucks I say that I can get JC hotter than you can get Justin.”

  

“You’re on! Say good bye to thirty bucks bitch!”

  

The two girls shook hands on it and giggled. “I’m thinking that I need to do some shopping too.

~ * ~ 

Ami made her way into the living room, trying to get her earring into her ear. She had dropped Darcie off at home before going to Justin’s to get ready. She had promptly kicked him out of the room when he was dressed. He had pouted since she had already done her hair and was finishing her make up when she kicked him out.

  

She could hear the sound of his football game playing as she entered. Justin looked up and whistled when he spotted her. She grinned and blew him a kiss before resuming her work.

"You look hott in red." Justin said twirling her around in his arms. "Especially in short red dresses." He said nipping her earlobe.

"Thanks, come on we're late." She said finally getting her earring in her ear.

Justin nodded and followed her out to the car. They made it to the restaurant in time to see JC and Darcie slipping inside. "Looks like we're not the only ones." He said helping Ami out of the car.

"Yeah, oh and I forgot to tell you." She said coyly. "I'm not wearing any underwear." She said before walking swiftly inside.

Justin stood in spot and stared up at the sky. "Thank you!" He said before running to catch up.

  

~ * ~

  

Darcie giggled as JC pulled her inside. He had been lying on the bed while she got ready, watching her do her make up and style her hair. It had taken nearly twenty minutes for her to get him to zip up her dress since he had kept kissing her bare shoulders.

  

They had let themselves become lost in their kisses and ended up not leaving until five minutes to eight. JC had cursed when he realized that they would be almost twenty minutes late for the meeting.

  

“It’s all your fault!” He teased as they made their way to the table.

  

“Hey, you were the one who kept trying to undo my dress.” Darcie teased, “Besides, Ami and Justin aren’t even here yet.”

  

“We had car problems, what’s your excuse?” Ami said as they appeared behind them.

  

“Traffic.” Darcie and JC said in unison.

  

Johnny stood and shook hands with the guys before greeting the girls warmly. “Well you two are certainly looking good tonight. Watch out boys, I just might have to steal them away.”

  

JC laughed and pulled Darcie’s chair out for her. She folded herself into it gracefully and crossed her legs in a way that she knew made them look extra long. It took everything he had to tear his eyes away from her thighs.

  

They ordered dinner and discussed the tour, which they would be leaving for in just over a week. Johnny went through bus plans, interview schedules, and stop schedules.

  

“Now as you boys know, this is only a tentative schedule.” Johnny told them, “Everything will be finalized in a week and of course it will probably change a few times while we are on the road.”

  

JC nodded and jumped when he felt Darcie's hand on his knee. She smiled over at him, a coy grin spreading across her lips. "What is it?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing, you just startled me that's all." He told her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, batting her eyelashes at him teasingly.

JC wasn't quite sure he liked the way she was looking at him. He just ignored it and turned his attention back to what Johnny was saying. The more Johnny talked the higher he felt her hand creep, massaging his thigh gently.

  

“Of course I expect you two girls to keep these guys in line.” Johnny laughed as he poured Darcie another glass of wine. “I hear you did a nice job of it the last time you were on tour with them Darcie.”

  

Darcie laughed softly, her fingers brushing lightly against JC’s thigh. “Well it’s even better because now I’m paid to do it. And I have a lot better threats this time.”

  

Johnny chuckled, “Well you two girls are going to be my eyes and ears for this tour. I have no doubt that you two will make me fully aware of any concerns that these guys might have. And of course it’s nice to have someone who I can pass information along to.”

  

JC glanced over at Darcie, stunned by the fact that she was completely engrossed in conversation with Johnny. Her hand was climbing steadily higher, and she traced a finger along the growing bulge in his pants. He whimpered softly and she turned to smile at him sweetly.

"Are you ok baby? You look a little...flushed." She asked, batting her eyelashes once more.

"Fine." He squeaked out. 

“So Justin, will Trace be joining us?” Johnny asked.

  

Justin tore his eyes away from the sight of JC’s face turning pink, “As far as I know he’s coming for at least the first half of the tour.”

  

“And he’s still your personal assistant?”

  

Justin smiled and nodded, “Yeah, even with these two working for us, there’s just some things I can’t convince them to do for me, so I can sucker Trace into it.”

  

“Better remember to tell him that he doesn’t need to screen the fans for you this time around.” Ami teased making them all laugh.

  

Darcie continued to touch JC before slowly bringing the zipper of his pants down and slipping her hand inside. She turned to face him and grinned, her left eyebrow slowly rising. “Isn’t that right Josh?”

  

He swallowed heavily and fought the groan that was trying to slip past his lips. “Sorry I missed that.”


”That’s alright, it wasn’t all that important.” Darcie smiled before turning back to Johnny. "Excuse me; I need to make a trip to the ladies room." She said, giving JC's crotch a squeeze before walking away.

JC watched her walk away amazed that she would do that, in a fancy restaurant and in front of his boss. He quickly adjusted himself and did up his pants. "Excuse me; I have a girlfriend to strangle." He said getting up and following Darcie.

  

The guys watched in complete amazement, Ami’s jaw was hanging open and Johnny was completely oblivious to the whole thing. “I can’t believe she just did that!” Justin said in shock.

  

“Damn it, now I owe her thirty bucks!” Ami cursed.

Johnny chuckled and motioned to their waiter, “Ami, even I know not to bet against that girl for anything.”

  

Darcie returned to the table a few minutes later, a very satisfied smirk on her face. “Where’s JC?”

  

Darcie shrugged, “I ran into him as I was coming out of the bathroom, so I imagine that he won’t be much longer.”

  

JC returned to the table looking slightly disheveled as the food arrived. “Everything okay JC?” Justin teased.

  

“Perfectly alright.” JC said with a smile, “So Johnny, are you planning on coming out to any of the shows?”

  

~ * ~

  

JC helped Darcie out of the Jeep and led her inside the house. “I can’t believe you felt me up in front of my boss!”

  

Darcie laughed, “I know, and Ami is just wishing that she had thought of it first.”

  

“What do you mean?”

  

“We had a bet going on who could get her boyfriend more worked up.”

  

“Ah that explains the red dress.”

  

“And the fact that I’m pretty sure she wasn’t wearing any underwear underneath.” Darcie giggled.

  

“How do you know that?”

  

“Because that’s about as daring as Ami would get.” Darcie sighed, sitting down on the couch.

  

JC went to the kitchen and grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge. He returned to the living room and found Darcie with her feet up on the table, flipping through channels. He sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders and handed her a beer.

  

“So are you wearing underwear?”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes and took a sip, “What do you think?”

  

“Granny panties?”

  

Darcie nodded, “I know how hott they make you.”

  

JC took Darcie’s beer from her and set it on the table beside his before grabbing her legs and pulling her so that she was laying on the couch giggling at him. He pulled her legs so that they rested on either side of his hips.

  

“And just what are we doing?” Darcie teased as he hovered above her.

  

JC smirked at her and slid his hands up her thighs and under her skirt, coming in contact with the lace boy shorts she was wearing. “Granny panties indeed.”

  

“Watch it Big Daddy, or next time I will wear them.”

  

JC laughed before capturing her lips in a kiss.

 

 

End Notes:
If anyone is interested, character reference can be found here: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/ralphlauren83/OIALT/
Chapter 18 by mistressofburden

JC grimaced as he swung to the side, he didn’t need the stadium to be quiet to hear every one of Darcie and Ami's cat calls and comments. As the day that they were supposed to leave drew closer, Ami and Darcie seemed to be getting more hyper. And with their hyper moods came a lot of teasing for the guys.

  

The others took it in stride, taking the opportunity to tease them back. JC however was starting to get more then a little annoyed with it.

It was dress rehearsal and for the most part the girls had behaved. They could see them making a few comments about something that caught their eye. It seemed to bother Wade more then anyone, especially as they started Space Cowboy. In practice it seemed to be the song that the girls picked apart the most. They loved to tease the guys about their costumes, especially JC’s pants since they seemed to leave nothing to the imagination.

  

"Bam!" Darcie called out as JC did his hip thrusts and Wade cut the music, making the girls collapse into laughter.
 
Wade threw his hands up in the air and turned to glare at the girls, "Seriously, enough!"

Darcie's left eyebrow rose and the guys and Ami all groaned. "You did not just raise your voice at me."
 
"Oh give it a rest Darcie; you do not impress anyone here."
 
"Oh I don't need to impress anyone." Darcie snapped at him, "What the hell is your problem?"
 
"We are trying to work here." Wade told her, crossing his arms over his chest, "Unlike someone, I have to work my ass off to get my pay cheque."
 
"Funny how he doesn't complain about us when we bring him food and coffee." Ami muttered as Darcie climbed to her feet.
 
"Darcie maybe you should sit down." Chris told her as she made her way to the stairs of the stage.
 
"Stay out of this Chris." Darcie and Ami snapped.
 
"I'm going to let that comment about our work slide, since the bleach they used on your hair obviously leaked into your brain." Darcie told Wade as she stopped in front of him. 

Joey leaned over to Lance and Justin, "Oh that's not good, foot is planted and the hip is out to one side."
 
"What I don't understand is why you're getting so pissy, I mean we're not distracting the guys, they're still dancing." Darcie told him, her finger taping her chin.
 
"Now she's touching her chin." Justin whispered.
 
"There have been a few times that they've screwed up." Wade pointed out.
 
"You're right, you're absolutely right!" Darcie agreed.
 
"Oh God, now she's agreeing." Lance muttered, "This is not going to end well."
 
The guys began to brace themselves for the rant that they knew was coming. Each of them knew the signs that meant Darcie’s irritation was rising to anger.

  

"Then again when they messed up we weren't saying anything, except for that one part when Chris fell over in Just Got Paid." Darcie told him.
 
"Well I'm sure they don't appreciate all the comments you've been making about them." Wade snapped.
 
"Now he's digging." Joey said.
 
"Don't speak for them." Ami called from where she was still seated.
 
Darcie smirked and pivoted on her heel. As she was walking away she looked over her shoulder and smiled sweetly at Wade, "Hate to break it to you but someone in the audience is bound to think what we do, if not worse. If you don't like it I'm sure you could make up some good chair dancing routines."
 
Wade looked at Joey, Justin and Lance as they burst out laughing and stormed off the stage. "Guys that's enough." JC said.
 
"Oh come on man, you have to admit that was pretty funny." Joey said.
 
"No it wasn't." JC said, causing Darcie to stop mid step and look back at him.
 
"What?" Darcie demanded.
 
"He has a point Darcie." JC told her.
 
"And so did Darcie." Justin defended.
 
Joey and Lance glanced over at Darcie and noticed the way she was keeping her stance, "He's so dead, she just put everything in all at once."
 
Darcie's arms were crossed over her chest and but her hands were balled into fists and were shaking. "And just what point was he making, aside from the fact that he's the biggest ass in the world."
 
"You crossed the line Darcie; you guys have been making fun of the steps since we started working on them." JC snapped.
 
"Oh for crying out loud we were kidding around!" Darcie cried, throwing her hands up in the air.
 
"Sometimes it didn't sound like it." JC told her, "We have to deal with enough critics without you two adding to it."
 
Darcie walked over and shoved JC as hard as she could, "I don't know what the hell has suddenly crawled up your ass, but I highly suggest you remove it."
 
"Well I see you inherited your fathers temper."
 
Everyone froze and stared at JC in shock, "Fuck you JC, I'm done with you."
 
"Yeah run away Darcie, it's what you're good at." JC called to her as she walked away, "In fact, why don't you go write about this?"
 
"Stop being such a bitch JC." Ami snapped as she met Darcie at the stairs.
 
"You went too far that time." Justin said as he walked past him, "Guys wait up!"
 
Chris walked up to JC and stared at him silently for a few minutes before reaching back and punching JC as hard as he could across the face. Joey and Lance stared in shock, Chris was normally extremely tolerant and passive, and they had never seen him hit someone before.
 
"You ever say anything like that to her again and I don't care what it does to this group, I'll make sure you pay for it." He hissed at JC.
 
Joey followed Chris, shooting JC a dirty look. JC sighed and glanced at Lance, "Guess I fucked that one up huh?
 
"You've way beyond fucked up." Lance told him, "I don't agree with what you said, it was out of line, and I don't just mean the last part. Wade's been acting like a dick to the girls for a long time and Darcie called him on it, something she had every right to do. But I am your friend so I'll see what kind of patching up I can do."
 
JC scoffed, "If Justin and Chris can't fix it, I doubt you will."
 
Lance smirked and flipped his hand in a feminine manner, "Never underestimate a gay mans influence on women. Come on lets go get some ice for your face."


  

Chris paced back and forth in front of Darcie as she held her head in her hands. “I can not believe him!”

  

“Chris, enough.” Darcie sighed looking up, “Him and I are just having a spat, we’ll get over it.”

  

“How in the hell can you say that after what he said to you?” Chris demanded, “That bullshit comment about inheriting your father’s temper.”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes, “Chris, I do have my fathers temper; I’ve had it the entire time. Besides they were right Ami and I over did it.”

  

I overdid nothing.” Ami snapped as she entered the room and handed Darcie a soda.

  

“We both did, Aims.” Darcie muttered, “I knew it was annoying Wade and JC and I kept going, which made you keep going.”

  

“Maybe they need to learn to take a damn joke.” Ami snapped.

  

“We’ve been harassing them for the past month.”

  

Justin entered the room and threw himself down beside Darcie, “He still had no right to say that shit to you.”

  

“Look, I’m glad that you guys all care this much about me, but it’s a minor tiff, we’ll get over it.” Darcie said.

  

“But you told JC you’re done with him.” Joey said as he entered the room.

  

“What is this, an NSYNC intervention?” Darcie snapped, “I tell Chris on a regular basis that I’m done with him and I’m still here.”

  

“So what are you going to do?” Justin asked.

  

“The tour leaves in what, a week?” Darcie sighed, “I have more than enough things to do to fill the time. I have shopping for you guys, shopping for me, Johnny needs me to go in before we leave to get you guys the finalized tour schedule.”

  

“So you figure by then JC will have cooled down enough to talk to him.”

  

“No, she figures by then she’ll have calmed down enough to talk to him.” Ami smirked.

  

“So Chris over reacting and decking JC was a bit over the top then.” Joey said, glaring at Chris.

  

Darcie’s eyes widened and she stared at Chris, “Please tell me he’s kidding.”

  

“He might be on the slightly serious side.” Chris said, looking at his shoes sheepishly.

  

“Christopher.” Darcie groaned.

  

“I still maintain that he had no right to say any of that shit to you.”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes. “Way to over react Chris. Look as much as I love this ‘Team Darcie’ thing you all got going on, but he is still your friend, and your band mate.”

  

“But you are my best friend.” Chris snapped.

  

“And so is JC.” Darcie said her tone all too reasonable, “I love you guys I really do, but right now all that I want is Ami, some Brad Pitt movies and some chocolate ice cream.”

  

“Girls night?” Ami asked.

  

“Girls night.” Darcie nodded, “Which means the rest of you need to get out of here.”

  

“Why can’t we participate in girl’s night?” Justin asked.

  

“If I need to state the obvious to you, then you really should have paid more attention in Health Class Justin.” Darcie muttered.

  

“That’s my girlfriend you’re stealing for the night!” Justin whined.

  

“Oh, you big baby.” Ami muttered rolling her eyes, “Right now, my best friend needs me and as much as I may hate the bastard right now, you’re best friend needs you.”

  

Justin’s pout deepened and Joey rolled his eyes grabbing his arm, “Come on Justin, she’s right. If it were the other way around, JC would be there for you.”

  

Justin scowled and nodded, “Fine, but call me later.”

  

Ami nodded and watched the guys walk out, Chris shuffling his feet and staring at Darcie as Joey pulled him out the front door. “Alright I say Interview with the Vampire, Fight Club and Seven Years in Tibet.

  

Darcie nodded, “Sounds good to me. Hey, think we can convince Justin to be an ass next week so we can have a Viggo Mortensen marathon?”

  

Ami grinned and pulled Darcie to her feet, “I think I can arrange that.”

 

 

 

 
Chapter 19 by mistressofburden

“Come on Darcie!” Joey whined, “You’ve moped around the house for three days!”

  

“Hey, it wasn’t three!” Darcie snapped, “It was two, I went and moped around the mall yesterday.”

  

Joey rolled his eyes, “Come on, it’s tradition. We always go out for one last bar night before we go on tour.”

  

“Is JC going to be there?”

  

Joey winced, “It could be a possibility, but he’s going out with Lance tonight since Justin and Chris are still pissed at him.”

  

Darcie sighed and sat back in the plush leather couch. “I came over to watch movies with you Joe; does it look like I’m club ready?”

  

“I’ll take you shopping.” Joey offered.

  

“Joey I don’t need clothes.” Darcie sighed.

  

“Well how about I take you over to Susan’s and get you an update on your hair.” Joey said, “I know that you’ve been looking for a new style. How about a new color, maybe some extensions to spice up the length.”

  

Darcie laughed, “Okay, okay, I’ll go with you to Susan’s.”

  

“And then we’ll go shopping?”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes, “If I didn’t know any better I’d say that you were doing this so that you could make me look hott for JC.”

  

Joey scoffed and pulled her to her feet, “I’m making you hott for me.”

  

“Yeah, you’re funny.” Darcie muttered.

  

~ * ~

  

Darcie stared at her nails as Joey went to collect Chris from his house. She could hear the two of them arguing and looked up as they drew closer. Joey had parked away from the light so that Chris wouldn’t see Darcie’s hair until he opened the car door.

  

Chris wasn’t paying attention to the fact that Darcie was sitting in the back seat so he flung the door open to the back instead of the empty front passenger seat. Chris turned to climb in and screamed as he spotted Darcie’s new hair color.

  

“Well hello.” Darcie said, smirking at him.

  

Chris spun and glared at Joey, “What did you do?”

  

“I did nothing.” Joey sighed, “Susan technically did it.”

  

Chris looked at Darcie as she climbed out of the car. “Well at least you didn’t take her to get something pierced.”

  

“I tried, but he wouldn’t let me.” Darcie pouted as she climbed back into the front passenger seat, “Come on, Ami and Justin will be waiting and apparently Trace is coming along and I can’t wait to see the short shit again.

 ~ * ~  

Trace stared at Justin in amazement, "You're telling me that both Wade and JC pissed the incredible duo off and lived to tell the tale?"
 
"I knew there was a reason I tolerated you Trace." Darcie teased from Chris's lap.
 
"Tolerated me?" Trace scoffed playfully, "You know you want this."
 
Darcie took a sip of her beer and rolled her eyes, "Oh yeah Trace, you're such a sexy bitch."
 
"I can take you to places you've never been."

"Universal?"
 
"You've never been to Universal?" Chris asked in surprise.
 
"Not here." Darcie told him, "I prefer Disneyworld."
 
"Asshole alert." Ami said suddenly, diverting everyone’s attention to the entrance of the VIP room.
 
Darcie followed her eyes and saw JC climbing the stairs with Lance, "There's nothing I can do about it, these are his friends too."
 
"There's plenty you can do about it." Ami said, "Kicking him in the balls seems like a good place to start."

"Retract the claws Ami, you promised you'd behave." Justin said.


"That was before I knew that asshole was going to show up." Ami snapped, "Yes JC, I am referring to you!"
 
JC shot Ami a glare and then glanced at Darcie who was perched on Chris's lap, staring back at him. "Thanks so much Lance." He muttered.
 
"I honestly didn't know they'd be here or I wouldn't have suggested it." Lance said. "Look on the bright side; she hasn't rushed over to kick your ass yet."
 
"Darcie hasn't, but Ami looks about ready to come claw my eyes out."
 
Lance rolled his eyes and led JC over to the table, "Evenin', lovely scowl you have on today Aims."
 
"Don't be cute Lance." Ami practically growled.
 
Joey looked back and forth between JC and Darcie, "Come on Lil' Miss, come dance with me."
 
Darcie smiled at Joey gratefully, "You haven't called me that in a long time."
 
She allowed Joey to pull her from Chris's lap and move towards the dance floor. JC sighed and slid into the booth finding himself trapped between Lance and Ami. He scowled and crossed his arms over his chest as everyone looked at him.
 
"Oh believe me, the feeling is more than mutual." Ami snapped.
 
"Ami, enough." Justin told her, putting a hand on her leg.
 
"Oh no, I don't think he's heard nearly enough." Ami said.
 
"Ami please, I came here so that I wouldn't have to think about it alright?" JC sighed.
 
"Really, well maybe you should take a good look out on the dance floor." Ami snapped, "See that lovely fake smile on her face?"
 
"She's laughing."
 
"Of course she's laughing, she's with Joey, Joey can always make her laugh, just like Chris can always make her smile, Justin can always make her flirt, Lance can always make her feel gorgeous, and just how you used to always make her feel loved." Ami snapped, "Way to fuck it up moron."

Justin barely got out of the way as she shoved past him and out of the booth. "Gee Aims; tell me how you really fucking feel!"
 
The rest of the men groaned at JC's outburst and Ami spun on her heel. Justin shoved at Trace, whose legs were blocking him from getting out. "Move man, I know better then to try and stop her with that look."
 
"You want to know how I really feel JC." Ami asked her voice calm and even. "When I first met Darcie she hadn't known who you guys were yet. In fact, she was a Backstreet Boy fan. I was the one that saw you perform while I was in Germany, I was the one that introduced her to the music and even though I knew she liked a few songs I couldn't convert her. 
 
"It wasn't until Chris met her and basically converted her that she started liking you guys, and that was only because of Chris and his voice. Now just before the end of the year in grade ten she disappeared and went on tour with you guys because, well, her home life was shit. She stayed on tour until the end of it and then stayed in Orlando for another three weeks because Chris didn't want her to leave and deal with that shit. So I saw her at the beginning of the New Year in her Grade eleven year. I had missed her birthday and Christmas because of you five and I was bitter about it until I saw her."
 
"Aims, does this have a point?"
 
"Shove it Justin." Ami snapped. "You see when she got back she was glowing and I knew it wasn't just because of Chris. She started telling me stories, showed me the photo albums hell she took me home with her at lunch time so that I could see the dog that you insisted the five of you get for her. Every picture of you two I could see the mutual respect and adoration that you two shared, but of course you had opened your big fat mouth and ruined it.
 
"See back then you told her that you thought of her as only a little sister, which was bullshit to even me. You said it because you were scared. Now you don't have the balls to put in an effort to apologize to her and make her listen to you."
 
All five men were staring at her now and she shoved her hair out of her face and walked away, "Remind me to never piss her off." Trace muttered.


"She's still a pussy cat compared to Darcie." JC muttered.
 
"Yeah, I gotta admit that you two just don't make sense." Trace sighed.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Look at Darcie." Trace said, motioning to the dance floor, "Her hair, her clothes, her attitude, she's more of a spazz then you."

JC frowned, "What about her hair?" 
 
"You didn't notice that her and Joey shared a bottle of color?" Chris asked, "You can spot the kids head a mile away."

JC looked out onto the dance floor and studied Darcie as Joey spun her around. Her hair was definitely brighter red, matching the tips of Joey's head perfectly.  "How long did it take her to convince Susan to do it?" 
 
"Hardly any time at all." Chris told him, "And you'll notice it's a bit longer too thanks to the extensions that Susan put in." 
 
"Why did she do all that?" JC asked.
 
Chris shrugged, "It's what happens when she gets upset, she changes something about herself. Usually she gets a piercing or a tattoo or a new shirt. I happen to like her hair like that."

JC sighed and watched as Joey turned Darcie, pressing her back to his front, swaying them to the music. Darcie giggled over something he said in her ear and raised a hand up to push at his face. Joey spun Darcie around and dipped her over his arm.
 
"Damn, I never knew she was so bendy." Chris laughed.
 
"I gotta get out of here." JC said suddenly, pushing past Lance.
 
"Think it was the bendy comment?" Chris asked.
 
"I'd say it has more to do with the fact that Joey and Darcie look about ready to make out on the floor." Justin said, causing everyone to look out on the floor.
 
Sure enough Joey had his hand fisted in Darcie's hair, pulling her head back. Darcie's eyes were closed and she was gripping Joey's shirt and from where everyone was seated it looked like Joey was kissing her neck.


"They aren't doing anything." Ami said as she returned.
 
"How do you know that?" Justin demanded, "Look at them!"
 
"I can see perfectly well Fro-head." Ami said, "But if you would notice the chick that's circling them, eyeing Joey like a piece of meat you would know they are putting on a show. Because believe me, if Joey was doing anything to D's neck she's be all over him."
 
"So they're just pretending?" Trace asked.
 
"Haven't you ever had to save a friend from a handsy male?" Ami asked, "That's what Darcie is doing."
 
"Then why does she look like that?" Justin asked.
 
"Trust me if she was enjoying it, she wouldn't have just done that." She said as Darcie slammed her foot down on Joey's. "Now if you'll excuse me."
 
"Where are you going?" Justin asked, catching her by the belt.
 
"I'm going to go see to JC." Ami said.
 
"Play nice." Chris warned.
 
"I always play nice." Ami muttered.  

 

~ * ~

JC walked inside his house and went directly to the couch to lie down. Lance had convinced him that he needed to go out and get his mind off everything, and since Lance seemed to bed the only one not angry with him, he had agreed to go. When they climbed the stairs to the VIP and spotted their friends, he had been fine with the fact that Darcie was there.

Unfortunately she had looked at him and he could see just how upset and hurt she was through her eyes, even if he pretended it wasn’t there. When Joey had taken her away to dance, JC had known Ami would be the one to start in on him. For the most part he accepted that he deserved what she said to him and it wasn’t until he spotted Joey and Darcie on the dance floor, their faces so close that at first he thought they were kissing, that he had to leave.

  

He knew that there was nothing between them, but his heart had felt like someone clutched it in a vice when he spotted them. He had gotten out of there as fast as he could, avoiding a woman at the entrance who asked him for his autograph and hopped into the first cab he saw.

  

The buzzer at the gate of his house rang through the empty house, interrupting his thoughts. At first he ignored it, thinking it was probably just some fans trying to find out if the house belonged to someone famous, but he finally got annoyed enough and pushed the button for the gate to open. At that point, he couldn’t bring himself to care who it was, and went back to his couch to lay down. Only when the door slammed open did he sit up.

  

“Well hello to you too ass.” Ami said, crossing her arms over her chest.

  

“Didn’t get enough of yelling at me back at the club?” JC asked, lying back down.

  

“Well yes, but then I remembered that I had something to show you since it became apparent after a few days that you weren’t going to be pulling your head out of your ass any time soon.” She said, pushing his feet off the couch so she could sit down.

  

“What are you talking about?” JC asked her, pinching the bridge of his nose.

  

“I thought you’d never ask, now pay attention I had to deal with Justin whining about his car before I left.” Ami said as she stood to slide a tape into his VCR.

  

JC groaned but complied, sitting up when she shot him a look. At first the screen was blurry before it focused in on someone’s running shoes.

 

“Are you sure it’s recording?” Joey asked.  

 

“Yes, the red light is on, therefore you must have pressed the red button.” Came a much younger sounding Justin which only started an argument between the two boys. “Darcie! Joey broke the camera!”  

 

“No he didn’t, he’s recording his shoes.” Came Darcie’s voice and the camera lifted for a close up of her face. She quickly ducked out of the way of the camera cursing. “Damn it Joey, you know I hate being on film.”  

 

The camera panned over to JC who is watching the scene in front of him rather intently. “Say hi to the folks at home Josh.” Joey called over. “JC!”  He called again when JC didn’t respond.  

 

“Huh? Oh, hey everyone at home.” JC said waving. “Darcie! Come here for a sec.”  

 

Darcie could be seen at the far edge of the screen, hiding from the camera. JC reached forward and pulled her, shrieking in front of the camera. Chris laughed and waved to the camera when it turned on him.  

 

Ami paused the tape. “Do you understand what I’m getting at? Or do you need to see more?” She asked him.

  

When JC gave no response she once again pressed play, allowing the tape to resume.

“For those just tuning in, it is 9:15 in the morning, and we are currently in Rome.” Joey’s voice was once again coming from behind the camera. “Here we see the monster that is Justin Timberlake first thing in the morning.” Justin gave Joey the finger before once again putting his head on Darcie’s shoulder.   

“Now what would your mother say about that?” Lance asked from the other side of Darcie.  

Darcie’s head was tilted and resting on Lance’s. “What am I, the Human pillow?”   

The camera cut for a brief moment and an immediate shot of the underside of Darcie’s face appeared on the screen.   

“Very funny Joey, is my nose clean? I’d hate for your families to be seeing me with a whole load of snot in my nose.”  

Joey laughed. “Hey, at least you’re letting me film you now!”  Darcie rolled her eyes and covered the lens with her hand.   

The screen went black before once again coming back into focus. This time they were all standing in a fountain posing for a picture that Lance’s mom was taking of them. Moments later the scene erupted into chaos as Darcie and Chris started throwing water at each other.  

Lance had managed to escape only to be knocked back in by Darcie who began to run around the fountain screaming as JC started to chase her, joined quickly by Lance and Joey. Whoever was holding the camera began to chuckle as JC tackled her into the water.   

JC moved to say something but Ami shushed him and pressed the fast forward button, reaching a shot of them leaving a radio interview. The girls and Joey’s brother Steve had joined them, and about a thousand fans had shown up to show their support.

 “Ami, Darcie what did you guys think of the interview?” Steve asked.  

“Awful.” Ami said.  

“Horrible. It made me want to throw up.” Darcie added with a grin. “Wait, are we talking about the interview or the actions of those who attend?”  

Ami rolled her eyes at her friend’s humor as the guys began to climb into the van that would bring them home. JC squeezed himself between the girls and grabbed Darcie so that she was resting against his side. His lips were pressed to her temple and Darcie’s hand was resting over his heart, the two of them wearing matching looks of content.  

Ami stopped the movie and turned back to JC. “Fight for her JC, don’t let her get away from you.”

  

“She wants nothing to do with me.”

  

“Right.” Ami muttered, rolling her eyes, “And the sky is purple. Do you want to be with her?”

  

“Of course I do!”

  

“Then you need to fight for her and tell her you love her.”

 

   

Chapter 20 by mistressofburden

JC scratched his head and yawned as he pulled open his front door. He was surprised to see Chris standing on the doorstep and he eyed him warily, “Here to hit me again?”

  

“If I thought it would do some good, then I definitely would.” Chris sighed.

  

“So, are you still pissed off at me then?” JC asked, stepping back and allowing him to come in.

  

“I’m not happy with you, but I’m not pissed.”

  

“How is she?”

  

"Why don’t you phone her and find out?" Chris asked him.
 
"She won't answer."
 
"She has to, she can't ignore a call from any of us remember?" Chris said, thrusting the cell into JC's face. "Call her."
 
"Why are you suddenly on my side?"
 
"I'm not, but she's miserable and you're miserable and the tour is coming up soon and I'm not playing monkey in the middle with you two and neither is anyone else."
 
JC sighed and took the phone from Chris's hand, punching in Darcie's number.
 
"Hello?"
 
The sound of her voice made his heartache, "Hey Darc, its JC."
 
"I'm well aware of that, what do you need?"
 
"To talk to you."
 
"Well I'm busy so it'll have to wait."
 
JC stared at his phone as the call disconnected and he looked at Chris, "Told you."
 
"Call her back."
 
"Chris, this is only going to piss her off."
 
Chris smiled, "And if you piss her off she'll start talking."
 
JC's eyes widened as he realized that Chris was right. Darcie could ignore some one all she wanted until her temper got in the way, then she'd spend a good twenty minutes yelling until she was calmed down enough to actually talk it out. He had seen her do it with Chris and Joey thousands of times. 
 
"What JC?" She sighed as she picked up.
 
"We really need to talk."
 
"Can't it wait? I'm stuck in some high end department store with bitchy sales associates all cause Justin needed 100% satin boxers and Ami couldn't do this one since she's on some God forsaken errand for Joey and -" Darcie trailed off, "Could I please get some help already!"
 
"Go easy on the sales girls." JC laughed.
 
"If only I could prove these were for Timberflick, I could probably get them for free or just reach into the damn counter. Oh wait it's locked, who the hell locks up underwear?" JC could just see her pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration, "I've only been standing here for twenty minutes staring at the same pair and it -"
 
"I love you."
 
He could hear the sound of something hitting the glass counter that she was standing in front of, "What did you just say?"

JC could feel Chris's eyes boring into the back of his skull, "I said that I love you."
 
JC stared at his phone as the call disconnected, "Not quite the route I would have gone." Chris told him.
 
"I figured I should get that out at least once."

  

Chris frowned at him, “Yeah, but over the phone?”

  

JC shrugged, “If I’m not going to get another chance then it was worth it.”

  

Chris rolled his eyes, “You’ll get another chance JC, and she’s too crazy about you not to give you another chance.”

  

“So is this all you came for?”

  

“No, I wanted to make sure that you’re still doing the barbeque tonight, it’s your turn.”

  

JC nodded, “Yeah, Justin’s picking up a bunch of stuff to bring over.”

  

“Alright, I’ll see you tonight then.”

  

“Hey Chris?” JC called after him, brown eyes connected with blue and the two men stared at each other for a long while. “Thanks.”

“Just don’t screw up again.”  

~ * ~

  

JC didn't move from the couch as the sound of his doorbell rang through the empty house. He figured it was probably one of the guys or Ami and didn't really feel like having to entertain one of them. He muttered a curse as the sound of a key sliding into the lock echoed loudly, and he briefly wondered what had possessed him to give everyone an extra key.
 
"Josh?"
 
JC shot into a sitting position as Darcie's voice sounded from the front hallway. He stood on his couch and was about to leap over it when she walked into the room. JC's foot got caught on the blanket he had pulled over himself and he ended up tumbling over the back of the couch to the floor. He could have sworn he heard Darcie's giggle, and he almost sighed aloud when her hand touched the back of his head.
 
"Are you okay?" The quiver in her voice told him that she had indeed been laughing at him.
 
"I think I broke my pride."
 
"I don't think you can break your pride." She muttered as she unhooked his foot from the blanket.
 
JC sat up with a shrug, "So how come you're here?"
 
Darcie held up an envelope, "The finalized tour schedule came in and since I was at the office anyway I offered to deliver them to you guys."
 
"You were at the office?"
 
"Had to deliver Lord Ego his panties."
 
JC's eyebrow arched, "Why do I have the feeling you mean that literally?"
 
"Well, he got satin underwear." Darcie said innocently as she pulled JC to his feet, "They just happen to be the biggest plus size women's that I could find."
 
"Oh lord."
 
"Oh yes, and Ami and I have a supply of different styles and sizes to throw at him on stage."
 
JC laughed, "You guys are evil."
 
"Just wait till you see those suckers come flying up on stage." Darcie giggled, "Well I've done what I came to do, I guess I should get going."
 
"Have you dropped off everyone else’s?"
 
"Yeah, and Chris mentioned something about dinner so I should go home and change." Darcie said reluctantly.

"It's going to be here, so there's no need to, you can just hang out here until the others show up."
 
Darcie chewed on her bottom lip and JC was sure she was going to refuse. He was slightly shocked when she nodded slowly, "Look about what you said on the phone earlier -"
 
"I meant it." He insisted.
 
"I know I just wanted to say, me too."


  

Ami walked into JC's house with Justin behind her. "I don't care what you thought, what if you get sued?"
 
"I won't get sued, and if I do I can just settle out of court."
 
"What did he do now?" Darcie asked as they walked into the room.
 
"The idiot punched out some guy in the parking lot of the grocery store." Ami told her, sitting down on the couch between Darcie and JC, glaring at Justin the whole time.
 
"I did not punch him."
 
"What you shoved him with your fist then?" Ami snapped.
 
"Why did you punch someone?"
 
"He grabbed Ami's ass!"
 
Darcie burst out laughing, "Some random guy grabbed your ass?"
 
"No, he brushed against it, and he apologized." Ami told her.
 
"Then he came up to her in the parking lot and asked if he could take her out for a drink." Justin blurted out, "While I was standing next to her!"
 
"Maybe he thought you were brother and sister." JC said, laughing.
 
"Hello!" Justin cried, motioning to Ami and then himself, "Do we look like siblings!"
 
"Well you're both tall and lanky." Darcie pointed out, earning her a punch in the arm from Ami.
 
"Are you at least going to come out and help me bring all that shit in?" Justin asked.
 

"And what if some poor bee flies by and happens to hit my butt, are you going to punch it too?"
 
Justin glared at Ami, "Oh look out Aim's, it's the Timberglare." Darcie laughed.
 
"Glare at me all you want, you can go bring the damn groceries in."
 
JC rolled his eyes and stood up, "Come on J, I'll help you with them."
 
As soon as they were gone Darcie grabbed Ami's arm and hauled her to her feet, "You and me, girl talk - now."

  

Ami stumbled slightly as Darcie shoved her into the bathroom and turned on the fan and the faucet. “You do realise we’ll never hear the end of the comments if the guys figure out we’re in here.”

  

“JC and Justin wouldn’t dare say anything.” Darcie told her.

  

“So are you going to tell me what’s going on?” Ami asked, hopping up onto the counter as Darcie sat on the floor against the door, “I wasn’t expecting to see you and JC here alone.”

  

“Yeah he phoned earlier while I was picking up Justin’s new underwear.”

  

“Thank you for that by the way. He’s been bitching about it since you dropped them off.”

  

“Did you see them?” Darcie giggled.

  

“Oh lord yes; I’m almost afraid to see the ones that you bought for us to throw on stage.”

  

“Variety is the spice of life.” Darcie smirked.

  

“Okay, back to the topic at hand.” Ami said clapping her hands, “What’s going on between you guys?”

  

“He told me he loved me.”

  

“About damn time!” Ami muttered.

  

“What was that?”

  

“It’s not important.” Ami said quickly, “When did he tell you?”

  

“While I was shopping.”

  

“Did he run into you there or something?”

  

“No, he phoned me.”

  

“He told you he loved you for the first time over the phone?” Darcie nodded, “That pansy.”

  

Darcie giggled, “Yeah, but that’s why I love him.”

  

“Did you tell him back?”

  

“Essentially.”

  

Before Ami could ask what she meant Darcie’s head was smacked with the door. Darcie scowled and rubbed the back of her head as she turned to look at Justin.

  

“Why are you on the floor?” Justin asked.

  

“We were having a girl talk.”

  

“Plotting to buy some more giant panties?”

  

Darcie grinned, “Please, like I would do the same thing twice.”

  

Ami giggled, “What’s up loser?”

  

“I love the pet names you give me.” Justin sighed as he was finally able to step into the bathroom, “Who needs to be called honey or sweetheart when you can be called loser.”

  

“Stop being such a queen and tell me why you’re interrupting girl talk when I know that you recognized all the signs.”

  

“Two things.” Justin said, “First, are you and JC back together?”

  

“Pretty much.” Darcie said.

  

“And two, Joey’s here and he wants to hear your side of the story because he doesn’t believe that I didn’t hit the guy.”

  

“Because he knows you did.”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes and watched the two of them leave the bathroom arguing. She turned off the faucet and the fan. She gasped as JC suddenly pushed her back into the bathroom, his arms wrapping around her waist and his lips planting firmly against hers.

  

Her fingers slid into the hair at the base of his skull as he kicked the bathroom door closed and pushed her against the counter top. “Hi.” She said softly when he finally pulled back.

  

“Sorry, making up for lost time.”

  

Darcie smiled at him and continued to play with the hair on his neck, “Can’t say that I’m complaining.”

  

“Do me a favour and stay here tonight?”

  

Darcie smiled and nodded, “Come on, we better get out there before they think we’re doing something naughty.”

 

  

Chapter 21 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:
Writers block and real life were a bitch lately, but here's the most recent chapter and hopefully more stuff will be coming out soon.

“So did Johnny mention why we’re leaving so late?” JC asked as they cleaned the kitchen.

  

Ami and the others had left a few minutes earlier to finish packing. They had gone over the finalized schedule and realized that they would be leaving at eleven the following night.

  

Darcie shrugged as she loaded the dishwasher, “Something about avoiding the fans and it being easier on you guys then an early morning start. Apparently he’s made arrangements to have everyone’s luggage picked up and brought to the studio.”

  

“Who’s doing that?”

  

“Probably Mike, I was worried he was going to rope me into it.” Darcie sighed, running the dishwasher.

  

“When’s he going to be picking everything up?” JC asked, pulling her into his lap.

  

“Some time tomorrow.” Darcie sighed, “Whoever the poor sucker is will call.”

  

“Are you all packed?”

  

“I’ve been packed for a couple of days now. Ami’s pissed because she’ll probably be packing right up to when they grab the bags.”

  

JC chuckled and nuzzled her cheek. “I’ve missed you.”

  

“I’ve missed you too.” She told him.

  

“So dare I ask about these underwear that you have to throw on stage?”

  

“Nope, you’ll just have to wait and see.” Darcie giggled, “If it makes you feel any better we’re aiming them mostly at Justin, but if a leopard print thong gets attached to your head set it isn’t my fault.”

  

JC rolled his eyes and pulled her from the kitchen to the living room. He lay down on the couch and pulled her down to lay on top of him as he turned on the TV. He settled on a movie and the two of them lay together and watched it.

  

Darcie sighed as JC’s hand slid under her shirt and began to stroke the skin of her back. “Are you looking forward to going back on tour?”

  

“Of course, you know how much I love performing.” JC told her, “But there is one thing that I’m not looking forward to.”

  

“What’s that?” Darcie asked.

  

“That I won’t be able to be alone with you as much as I would like.”

  

Darcie raised herself up on her elbow, “You’ll have plenty of alone time with me. You guys have your own separate rooms this year, and if you have to share all you have to do is make sure that Justin is your room mate and I’ll switch rooms.”

  

“I take it that you and Ami are bunking together?”

  

“That’s the plan.” Darcie sighed, “Johnny was worried that if the room assignments some how got public and it was known that you and Justin were sharing your rooms with women, there would be a frenzy.”

  

“I’m sorry.”

  

Darcie shrugged, “It’s pointless to apologize, I knew about the precautions I’d have to take to be with you.”

  

“I know, but you shouldn’t have to.”

  

Darcie stroked JC’s face, “It comes with the territory.”

  

JC pushed himself up and caught her lips with his, kissing her softly. Darcie’s hands cupped his face and she straddled his hips as the kiss deepened. All the feelings that were pent up from the past little while of not being together were being released in this kiss.

  

JC’s hands slid under her shirt, his fingers flexing against her skin. Darcie’s body arched as he dragged his nails down her back, making her grind against him. JC hissed and thrust his hips up as Darcie moaned into his mouth.

  

“I want you so much.” JC whispered as he pressed his lips to her throat.

  

“I want you too.” Darcie told him back.

  

JC lifted her up enough so that he could slide out from under her; He held out his hand and pulled her to her feet, leading her up to his room. He stopped at the foot of the bed and bushed a lock of hair from her face.

  

“You’re sure about this?”

  

Darcie smirked at him, “I should be asking you that question.”

  

JC grinned and kissed her again, “More then sure.”

  

JC’s hands gripped the bottom of her t-shirt and pulled it off her while she did the same to him. JC pulled her back to him and groaned as her skin pressed against his. He pushed her down against the mattress and stretched his body over hers, his hands shaking as he reached for the button of her jeans.

  

“I love how you’re the one that’s acting like the nervous virgin.” Darcie teased as he fumbled with the button of her jeans.

  

“I’m simply thinking about what’s going to happen to me when Chris catches wind of this.”

  

Darcie giggled and reached down to flick the button open for him, “I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be thinking about Chris right now.”

  

JC pulled her jeans and underwear from her as she reached behind her and undid her bra, tossing it on the floor. Darcie knelt on the bed in front of him and undid his shorts, pushing them over his hips.

  

“Don’t rush this Darc.” JC said as he kicked the shorts off.

  

“I’m not rushing anything.” Darcie told him, “I just want you as naked as I am.”

  

JC chuckled as Darcie lay back down, holding her hand out to him. JC lowered himself to her side, kissing her once more. His tongue tangled with hers as his hands slid over her breasts, his thumbs flicking her nipples. Darcie pulled her lips away and gasped, her back arching off the bed.

  

It had been too long since he had touched her this way. He kissed his way down from her lips, following the curve of her neck, over the rise of her breast. She moaned his name as his lips closed over her nipple, his other hand mirroring the action as best he could. He released her nipple and blew on it, the cool air making her skin shiver and her nipple harden completely. She rocked her head from side to side as he repeated the action on her other breast while his hand slid down her belly.

  

Darcie gasped as his fingers slowly moved against her, his knuckle brushing against her clit. He leaned up and captured her mouth as he slid two fingers into her, his thumb pressing against her clit. Darcie’s hips arched against his hand, searching for a release against the ache that was building in her.

  

She slid her hands down his body and around the curve of his hip, gripping him firmly. His fingers curved inside her at the contact of her hand, pressing against her in a way that made her cry out loudly.

  

JC pulled his lips away and gently removed her hand so that he could move down the bed. He used his thumbs to open her up to him, pressing his tongue flat against her, sliding it up and tightening the muscle as he reached her clit. The fingers returned to their previous work as his tongue pressed against her clit, his licks alternating from teasing flicks to strong strokes. When he curved his fingers inside her in a come hither motion her whole body tightened and she arched against him, crying out his name.

  

JC took his time finishing up, his tongue stroking slowly as her body continued to shake. He chuckled as her hands clutched his arms, pulling him up along her body. His tongue trailed along her skin as she pulled him up, swallowing her lips with his.

  

“I need you inside me.” She whispered as she pulled her lips away.

  

JC nodded and kissed her softly a few times, whispering for her to relax. He gripped himself firmly and rubbed against her, feeling her body shiver from the feeling.

  

He studied Darcie’s face as he guided himself into her. She winced and squeezed her eyes shut and he stopped to give her a moment to adjust to him. She gently grabbed his face in her hands and guided his lips to hers.

  

As they kissed he began to move, feeling one of Darcie’s legs hook over his. He kissed her neck and across her jaw before capturing her lips with his, her tongue stroking his in such a way that drew a moan deep from his chest.

  

Her breathing was coming out in shallow gasps as he found a steady rhythm. Her fingers were gripping his sides, occasionally he could feel the bite of her nails followed by a small gasp. As he rose up to look at her, Darcie raised her head to press her forehead to his.

  

“Are you okay?” He asked breathlessly, his rhythm not faltering.

  

“Yeah.” She whimpered back, and at first he wasn’t sure if it was because of pleasure or discomfort.

  

Her back arched, pressing her breast against him and he felt a ripple surround him as she gasped sharply. JC buried his face in her neck and groaned as he felt his release. He continued to move slowly before finally stopping, kissing her neck as he struggled to slow his breathing.

  

“I love you so much.” JC whispered.

  

Darcie pulled his face up, a large smile on her face, “I love you too, I always have.”

  

He pulled himself from her body and rolled to her side, pulling her to him. Darcie sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder. “Chris is going to kill me.”

  

“Oh probably.” Darcie giggled, “But don’t worry, I’d be more afraid of Ami if you screwed up now.”

  

JC groaned and covered his face with his hands, “You just had to say that, didn’t you?”

  

Darcie giggled, “I’m a look on the bright side kind of girl. How else do you think that I managed to wait for you for four years?”

  

“I’m sorry for that.” JC said.

  

“That’s okay.” She told him as her hand began to stroke his stomach, “You can just make it up to me.”

  

“Again?” He teased as he felt himself start to harden once more.

  

“Four years Chasez.” She laughed as her hand closed over him, “You have four years to make up for.”

  

JC smirked as he rolled on top of her, kissing her deeply, “Well I guess I better get cracking.”


Darcie’s giggle was taken over by a moan as he slid himself into her once more.

Chapter 22 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:
So I actually had this written for at least a month...but then I got Halo 3 and got distracted haha...yeah it's sad I know.

Darcie sat at the breakfast table glaring at the new makeup assistant.

  

“Lovely scowl babe.” Chris said as he sat down with him.

  

“Bite me Chris.” Darcie snapped.

  

“Come on D, this is the first time we got to sleep in a hotel.”

  

That was precisely why she was in a bad mood. Granted she loved the opportunity that she had to spend every waking moment with JC. Unfortunately sleeping in the cramped bunk space and having to listen to Chris and Justin arguing every morning was reminding her of her least favourite part of touring.

  

“Yeah and at least you aren’t fighting with Justin yet.” Darcie snapped at him.

  

“That’s a minor set back.” Chris told her.

  

“Let me guess, you went to go harass him and had to tangle with Ami.”

  

“Did you know that she can make a grown man scream like a little girl?” Chris asked, standing up to go and get some food

  

“You always scream like a girl!” Ami called as she appeared to take his seat, “Remind me to maim him.”

  

“What did he do?”

  

“He comes knocking on the door just as my amazingly hott boyfriend came out of the bathroom, in a towel, dripping wet.”

  

Darcie giggled, “And you didn’t kill him?”

  

“Justin pulled me off of him.” Ami sighed as Justin entered the room. “Party Pooper.”

  

“I’m assuming she just told you what happened.”

  

“Hence the ‘Party Pooper.” Ami snapped at Justin as he sat next to her, “Don’t touch me, you spoiled my fun.”

  

“So what’s with the death glare you’ve got going on?” Justin asked, ignoring Ami’s attempts to push him away from her.

  

“I don’t have a death glare.” Darcie muttered, her eyes darting over to the assistant that JC was still talking to.

  

“Ah, someone is jealous of Claire.” Ami said knowingly.

  

“I’m not jealous.” Darcie said.

  

“You know, she’s a really nice girl, it’s her first tour.” Ami said, “And she’s the same age as us.”

  

“And she’s touching my boyfriend.” Darcie muttered as Claire grabbed JC’s hand. “She knows he’s off-limits, all the crew know he isn’t single.”

  

“She’s just star struck, give her a break.” Justin said.

  

“Which bone would you suggest?” Darcie snapped, shoving away from the table. “Hey, you with the status!”

  

Lance froze as he reached for an apple, “I didn’t do anything.”

  

Darcie rolled her eyes and grabbed his arm, “I know that, come with me.”

  

“Where are we going?” Lance asked, “And why are you taking me?”

  

Darcie scowled and dropped his arm, “Forget it.”

  

Lance stared after her as she shoved past Joey, “What the hell was all that about?”

  

“It’s better if you don’t ask.” Ami sighed, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to do some damage control before JC goes and has a fight on his hands.”

  

~ * ~

  

Darcie opened her eyes as JC entered the room, “You missed sound check.”

  

“I had a headache.” Darcie told him, “So I came to lie down. I must have slept longer then I thought I would.”

  

JC smirked and moved to the bed, laying down and curling up around her. “Was that before or after you felt like ripping Claire’s head off?”

  

JC looked up at her from where he was laying his head on her shoulder, and she simply rolled her eyes. “Whoever told you that is full of shit.”

  

“No one had to tell me, I saw it for myself.”

  

Darcie scoffed and rolled over, making JC have to move. JC cuddled up against her and laughed as she reached behind her to push against him.

  

“No, go away!”

  

"I never would have guessed you were the jealous type." JC teased her as he kept pulling her against him.

"I'm not jealous." Darcie muttered.
 
"That's not what Ami said."
 
"Ami doesn't know what she's talking about." Darcie said, struggling to sit up.
 
JC laughed and pulled her to him, "Come on D, you know you have nothing to worry about."
 
"It's not you that I'm worried about." She snapped and pushed away from him, "I don't like handsy females."
 
JC shook his head, "You're a handsy female."
 
Darcie opened her mouth to say something back but shut it quickly, shooting a glare at him instead.

  

“You don’t want to have sex again for a very long time do you?”

  

JC pulled her back roughly and rolled on top of her, “You wouldn’t last a week.”

  

“You wouldn’t last a day.” Darcie pointed out to him, “You’ve been having sex for years, and I’ve only had it three times in the past two and a half weeks. Tell me JC, just who is going to miss it more.”

  

JC’s eyebrow arched and he grinned at her, “Are you challenging me?”

  

“No sex until the end of the week.” Darcie told him, “And I think I’ll sleep in Chris’s room just to make sure that I win.”

  

~ * ~

  

JC stumbled over his lines in sound check for the third time and threw his headset down in frustration. He was three days away from winning the challenge that Darcie had laid down. It wasn’t the lack of sex that was bothering him; it was the fact that she had been avoiding him at all cost.

  

Alright, it wasn’t quite like she was avoiding him, she was avoiding touching him. She didn’t sit next to him, didn’t stand close to him, didn’t hug him. She had kept her word and began sleeping in Chris’s room and had moved onto Lance and Joey’s bus.

  

The guys of course all knew what was going on, mostly due to the fact that Darcie had told Ami and Chris, who in turn told Justin and Joey, who then fought over who got to tell Lance and opted to tell him at the same time. Of course Lance had to later ask Ami what the hell Joey and Justin had been screaming at him while constantly tackling each other to the floor of his hotel room.

  

The guys had been working against JC to make him lose. They had witnessed Darcie lose too many bets and challenges to him to let him win another one. Whenever Darcie got too close to JC, Ami or one of the other guys would find an excuse to take her away. If they were standing together Chris and Joey loved to jump in between them. Joey locked JC in the bus bathroom when he tried to stowaway so that he could sleep in the same bunk as her.

  

“What’s the matter JC?” Chris called.

  

“Yeah man, you’re looking a little stressed.” Lance commented with a smirk.

  

“Nothing a good lay wouldn’t take care of.” Joey added.

  

“Oh that’s right, Darcie cut you off.” Justin laughed.

  

“Leave him alone Justin, or I’ll cut you off.” Ami threatened, not looking up from her laptop.

  

Darcie smirked up at Justin, “It looks to me like you’re just as pussy whipped as JC is.”

  

“Don’t you have some coffees to be buying or something?” Justin snapped.

  

“Don’t be bitchy.” Darcie told him, “We’re out of Midol.”

  

“Darcie, you’ve already messed up JC’s brain, don’t mess with Justin’s.” Wade sighed.

  

The guys went back to work and JC managed to get through his routine without messing up too horribly. The five guys returned to the quiet room to begin their pre-show traditions while the girls, opting to skip out on the performance returned back to the hotel.

  

“I am so glad that we’ve got a couple more nights in real beds.”

JC froze when he heard the lid of the toilet seat clank, “Darcie?”

  

“Who else would it be?” Her voice floated to him.

  

“What are you doing in here?” He asked, “I thought you were staying in Chris’s room.”

  

“He and Joey kicked me out.” She sighed.

  

“They kicked you out?” JC asked, “Why?”

  

“I simply passed a boss for them on their stupid game and they got cranky and kicked me out.”

  

“Did you gloat?”

  

“Maybe a little.” Darcie admitted, “And Lance has gone out so I came here.”

  

“You didn’t go see Ami?” JC asked, trying to ignore how his body was screaming for him to finish what he had started.

  

“I did, but from the sounds of it, Justin was making a woman out of her.”

  

“Ami’s a screamer?” JC asked in shock.

  

“No, I still hold that title out of the two of us.” Darcie said, making him harder, “I heard Justin.”

  

“Why don’t you go wait for me in the other room?” JC said, trying to keep his hand away from himself.

  

“So you can finish jerking off?”

  

JC pulled the curtain away from the wall and stuck his head out, “What did you just say?”

  

“That shower curtain is a little see-through, and I heard you moaning.” Darcie shrugged, “So unless you’ve got some Herbal Essence in there.”

  

JC shook his head, “You’re weird.”

  

“I only speak the truth.” Darcie said standing up, “You know, all you have to do is say the word and I’ll give you a hand.”

  

JC bit down on his lip, his fingers weren’t the only portion of his anatomy that twitched when those words came out of her mouth. His arm shot out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards the shower. Darcie giggled and barely made it over the edge of the bathtub as JC’s lips pressed hard against hers.

  

JC wasted no time peeling off the clothes that were quickly becoming soaked, “The word.” He muttered between kisses.

  

“Smart ass.” Darcie shot back, “This means I win.”

  

JC rolled his eyes and turned off the water, he stepped out of the shower and hauled Darcie over her shoulder, “I’m letting you have this one.”

  

“Yeah right, you wouldn’t have lasted another hour.” Darcie smirked as she smacked JC’s ass playfully.

  

JC tossed her on the bed and crawled over her, “So who do we say won?”

  

“Me, otherwise the guys will make us do shit like this again.” Darcie laughed, “Now shut up and fuck me.”

  

JC shivered at the words that came from her mouth, “God I love you.”

  

“I know, now get to it.” Darcie laughed.

 

 

Chapter 23 by mistressofburden
Author's Notes:
OKay I made Justin a little insecure...but hey, it's all for the good of the story.

"Justin wants to go out and get his freak on." Ami said as she threw herself into the chair next to Darcie.

Darcie had been so intently staring at how good JC happened to look that morning that she ended up dropping her bagel in her lap when Ami startled her. "Thanks Ami." She muttered, wiping off the peanut butter that was now on her jeans.

"No problem, did you hear what I said, or were you too busy drooling over the sex God over there." Ami said nodding towards JC.

Darcie's eyebrow arched playfully, "Are you checking out my man?"

Ami sighed, "I just wish Justin looked that good in the morning. I have to deal with his cranky ass and the fact that his curls look like they got caught in a mixer."

"That scary huh?"

"You have no idea." Ami muttered, digging into her own breakfast. "At least JC comes down in those sweat pants and a wife beater and his hair looks almost the same as the last time I saw him yesterday. There’s a reason why Justin has to wear a bandanna in the morning."

"Yeah, if we go anywhere near a Hanes factory remind me to take all the workers cookies for making those undershirts." Darcie said, reaching for her tea.

"Those scratch marks are an interesting addition to his body." Ami said, making Darcie choke on her tea. "I'd hate to see what your back looks like."

"Well, I'm not too sure why Justin wants to go out to get his freak on because if the sounds I heard and the hickey's you're sporting are any indication, he got plenty of freak on last night." Darcie said back as Justin walked into the room, "I take that back, the hair alone tells me what happened, what did you do hold onto his hair the whole time?"

Ami pretended to glare at her over her coffee, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Darcie grinned and climbed to her feet, "You're on sister."

The two of them snuck up on Justin and JC and grabbed the bottom of their shirts, shoving them up to their shoulders. JC and Justin both let out a surprised shout and tried to squirm away from them.

  

"Darcie, what the hell are you doing?" Justin asked as she fought to look at his back.

"Damn Ami, I'm kinda disappointed considering the claws you have." Darcie said as she smoothed Justin's shirt back down.

  

"Aren't you going to stop this?" Justin snapped at JC, who was now calmly putting fruit on his plate as Ami continued to examine his back.

"Nope." JC said, staying where he was as he finished loading his plate.


"And why not?"

"Because I've learned that when Darcie and Ami are together and doing something like this, it's best just to let them be." JC told him.

"How the hell did you manage to do this when you have no nails?" Ami asked.

"Impressed?" Darcie asked with a smirk as Ami let JC's shirt drop.

"I think I need you to teach me your ways Yoda."

"In time young Jedi." Darcie laughed as they walked back to their breakfast.

  

"So why was Darcie molesting my back?" Justin asked as he sat down with
them.

Darcie rolled her eyes and plucked a grape off of JC's plate, "We were comparing notes."

"Notes?" Justin asked, as Darcie stole another grape.

"Do you want me to go get you some fruit?" JC sighed.

"That would be wonderful." Darcie said with a smile, giggling as JC got up grumbling. "Yes notes. Apparently I need to teach Ami some marking techniques."

 

"Marking techniques?" Justin asked, "Wait, were you two comparing scratch marks or something?"

Darcie and Ami nodded, "You should go check out JC's back."

Justin gave them a questioning look before standing up and walking over to JC.

"So who won exactly?" Ami asked while Justin was gone, "Cause you were getting pretty antsy."

"I broke him." Darcie shrugged, "I have amazing powers of persuasion."

"Holy shit!" Justin cried out, "Damn dude, I know we call her Hell Cat and all, but wow!"

JC looked at Darcie, "Thank you Darcie, why don't you just put me on display?"

"I just might, I'm damn proud of those." Darcie said with a grin as he returned with her plate of fruit.

"Don't those hurt?" Justin asked.


"No, they're just damn itchy." JC muttered, "Besides, she gets as bad as she gives."

Justin started to move towards her but was stopped by JC.

  

"Don't even think about it." Darcie snapped.

"How can you two find mutilating each other pleasurable?" Justin muttered.

"Obviously you haven't been giving good sex, or getting it." Darcie said, "No offence Aims."

"None taken, I'm still an amateur." Ami said.

"Justin, your problem is that you can't let yourself go enough to just give into sensation." JC said, "You're too paranoid about if you're doing everything right."

Justin buried his face in his hands, "Must we discuss this in front of my girlfriend?"

"Yes." Darcie and Ami said in unison.

"Fine, must we discuss this in front of your girlfriend?"

"Do you really need an answer for that?" Ami asked him, "She either sits in now or one of us fills her in later."

"Come on J, the one thing you always used to complain about was that you weren't sure if you were satisfying." JC told him.

"What no comment from the peanut gallery?" Justin muttered, glaring at Darcie.

"This is JC's game, not mine." Darcie told him.

"So you have nothing to add to this?" Justin asked.

Darcie shrugged, "It's not like I'm an expert on this J. Before JC I had three dates. JC is my first boyfriend, the first one that I've had any kind of intimacy with. If you want me to tell you what I know I can do that."

Justin sighed and sat back, "Shoot."

  

"Well for starters, you obviously do something right because if Ami was going to complain, I'd be the first one to hear about it." Darcie told him, "But JC has a point. You need to stop being so paranoid and just feel. Trust me the first time JC did anything to me I froze and tensed and I didn't like any of it, but the minute I relaxed and just let myself fall into the sensations of what he was doing, I enjoyed it a lot better."

  

Justin rolled his eyes, “Are we done now? Cause really I feel like going and cutting off my own testicles right about now.”

  

They watched as he jumped to his feet and stormed out of the room, “Well that went well.” Ami muttered, “You just had to get involved didn’t you?”

  

“You got me involved.” Darcie said as Ami climbed to her feet and followed him.

  

JC squeezed Darcie’s hand, “She’ll be fine in a few hours.”

  

~ * ~

  

Darcie looked up as the door to her and JC’s room slammed open and shut and Ami appeared around the corner.

  

“What’s wrong?” Darcie demanded, sitting up as Ami drew closer, her cheeks still moist with tears.

  

“Justin.” Ami muttered as she sat down on the bed.

  

“JC, out.” Darcie called over to where he was sitting with his notebook.

  

“What?” JC asked, pulling his head phones off, “What did I do?”

  

“Nothing, we need girl time.”

  

“He can stay.” Ami sighed, wiping at her cheeks.

  

“What happened?” JC said, jumping to his feet and moving to the bed where Darcie sat, rubbing Ami’s back.

  

“We had a fight.” Ami said, sniffling as new tears threatened to fall.

  

“Am I going to have to find a replacement member for when Darcie kills him?” JC asked, sitting down on the other side of Ami.

  

Ami shrugged and wiped at the tears that were streaming down her cheeks.

  

“What did you two fight about?” Darcie prodded gently.

  

“What were talking about this morning at breakfast.”

  

Darcie and JC exchanged a look, “Go on.”

  

“He got mad and said that if he wasn’t pleasing me then there wasn’t much point for us to stay together. So I tried to tell him that I didn’t feel that way and he said maybe I didn’t know what truly pleases me in that sense.”

  

Darcie snorted and got a warning look from JC for it, “Don’t give me that look, if you had said something like that to me I would have punched you in the balls.”

  

“What did you say to him after that?” JC asked.

  

“That it wasn’t my fault that I haven’t been whoring myself out since I was fourteen.” Ami admitted softly, “And then I told him that maybe the reason I didn’t know what pleases me is because he doesn’t spend the time helping me figure it out.”

  

“Ouch.” JC said.

  

“What do you mean ouch?” Darcie demanded. “He deserved that!”

  

“Well that’s a harsh thing to say to a guy.” JC tried to reason.

  

“Baby, I think you’re missing the point of girl talk.” Darcie sighed.

  

“To give Ami advice.” JC said as if Darcie had said the most ridicules thing in the world.

  

“That comes after.” Darcie explained, “First we trash the hell out of the problem and then we come up with a solution. So either start trashing Justin or save what you have to say until we reach that part of the conversation.”

  

Ami giggled into her hands as she wiped her face off, “So can you explain to me just how that conversation started anyway.”

  

“It’s a guy talk thing.” JC laughed, “We’re able to start talking about the most random shit and we think we’re helping but we always piss the other guy off.”

  

Darcie and Ami made a face and looked at each other, “And they say that girl talk is fucked up.”

  

Ami laughed, “Okay since we’ve got through trashing the problem, JC’s pretty much given me all the advice I can handle so can we move to the final phase of all of this?”

  

JC looked back and forth between them, “The final phase?”

  

Darcie grinned, “Oh yes the final phase.”

  

“Do I want to know?”

  

“All you need to know is that it’s going to involve hairspray, make up and some new clothes.” Ami told him.

  

“And possibly your credit card.” Darcie told him.

  

“What?”

  

“It’s between pay days!” Darcie said sweetly.

  

JC rolled his eyes and stood up to get his wallet, “Is this going to be worth my while too?”

  

“If it isn’t I’ll make out with Ami tonight.”

  

“Hey!” Ami said from beside her while Darcie nudged her and shot her a look, “I mean yeah, we’ll make out!”

  

JC handed Darcie his credit card but held it back before she could grab it, “How much is this going to cost me?”

  

“Babe, you can’t put a price on crushing Justin’s ego!” Darcie said, grabbing for the card.

  

JC laughed and kissed the top of her head, “Try not to go too crazy alright?”

  

“I make no promises.” Darcie teased, “Now take your stuff down to Justin’s room and make sure that you and the boys are at the club no earlier then ten.”

  

“Which club?”

“I don’t know, pick one and leave a message for us at front desk, we’ll meet you there.”

 

 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=87