The Ecdysiast by d_simplicity
Summary:

In a world of eroticism, Diane Blossom is one of the most sought after ecdysiasts. She’s a performer, entertainer and mother. Her job description is anything but appealing and her employer is none other than the ruthless hotshot Justin Timberlake himself. He however, is anything but kind and pleasant. Wanting out of this life is Diane’s main goal, not just for herself but for the younger life she is responsible for. However, finding a way out would prove to be more challenging and dangerous than she thought. And it’s all because she ended up meeting him on the job…


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: Season 4
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 122665 Read: 75662 Published: Dec 07, 2007 Updated: May 22, 2008
Story Notes:

 

stories/160/images/ecdysiast.jpg

So, this is something I've been contemplating on for months now litterally lol. I'm a little skeptic to share because I don't usually write these types of stories filled with abuse, sex and whatnot, but the concept just won't leave my head. :D So, I finally decided to share with you all. Be gentle. lol. Ok, with that said, I hope for anyone who reads this, you enjoy it. Ok, on with the drama...:D

 

1. The Ecdysiast by d_simplicity

2. The Client(s) by d_simplicity

3. The Baby by d_simplicity

4. The Show(s) by d_simplicity

5. The Media - Parts 1 & 2 by d_simplicity

6. The Meeting(s) by d_simplicity

7. The Date(s) - Part 1 by d_simplicity

8. The Date(s) - Part 2 by d_simplicity

9. The Past - Part 1 by d_simplicity

10. The Past - Part 2 by d_simplicity

11. The Proposition(s) by d_simplicity

12. The Decision(s) by d_simplicity

13. The Confrontation(s) - Part 1 by d_simplicity

14. The Confrontation(s) - Part 2 by d_simplicity

15. The End Result(s) - Part 1 by d_simplicity

16. The End Result(s) - Part 2 by d_simplicity

17. The Aftermath by d_simplicity

18. The Epilogue by d_simplicity

The Ecdysiast by d_simplicity
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognized characters and settings are the sole creation of the author. This is strictly fiction with no copyright infringement intended. Please take caution when reading due to Explicit Content, Strong Language & Violence.

*If this is not your cup of tea, I suggest you don’t read.*

 

 

Chapter One - The Ecdysiast

 

Definition of Ecdysiast: A stripper: a performer who provides erotic entertainment by undressing to music to arouse sexual desire by displaying the naked body in motion.

 

 

I'm not going to dwell on this for too long because I have work to do and my shift is coming up soon, but I just can't stop hating him. I can't stop despising what I've become because of him. But, I still love him you know? It's twisted. He keeps me afloat and I accept it. But, sometimes I wonder why yet I can't ever walk away...

 

"Diane where the fuck are you?"

 

That would be him, calling out to me as I sit in front of the vanity mirror in the lavish room he's housed for us. Despite our work criteria, he's been more than generous with us. We all have our own bed, clothes; there are tons of makeup which we have to apply every night to remain attractive to his customers, even over our bruised and battered bodies for any chance that we ever piss him off in any way...

 

"Diane! You go on in ten; do not let me find you looking at yourself in that fucking mirror again..." He snarls his voice harsh and unrelenting as I hear footsteps nearby.

 

Sighing, I bow my head casting my vision to my arm, zooming in on the fresh bruise he left there only this morning when I decided to talk back to him and explain that I needed tonight off to attend to Courtney.

 

Unfortunately his words and I quote were: "The little bastard can wait for you. She should know the only reason she's not out on the street with you is because I supply you with what you need to stay afloat." Disrespectful and uncaring right?

 

Yeah, it was. I cursed him out for it too forgetting who I was dealing with for a split second. That is, until the back of his hand connected to my cheek to shut me up. Then, he gripped my arm and dragged me into the backroom. I'm not even going to say what happened back there. I've become numb to it all.

 

I just know, this is not the life I want to live but somehow, I'm still in it. I really don't love myself. I've never gotten close to anyone because sadly enough I'm desperately in love with him my - well - I don't know what he is to me.

 

I would say he's my boss but, that's just - He's not.

 

It's a fucked up love let me tell you.

 

No respectful person would ever do what I'm doing. What we're doing - as I look around at all the curious faces glaring at me. They're his girls. We're all his girls, but I'm the only one I think he has any soft side for. That is if and when he ever chooses that side which he hardly ever does.

 

I never understood it and neither do the others. Some of the girls even bitch at me, thinking I get paid more than they do, but I don't, and I never will. He doesn't care about me like that. He doesn't pick favorites. I guess I'm just his release if you want to call it that. God, I hate my life. I really want out. I do, but I just can't shake this hold he has on me and he knows it.

 

He's a cocky bastard about it too. He always drops the line of ‘you would have nothing and nowhere to go if you left Diane' and I always believe him. I believe him because this is all I've ever known for years now.

 

I know I've made some terrible decisions in my life and this results in them. I dropped out of high school with no real education. I left my parents home when I found out they were getting a divorce because I despised my dad for ever cheating on my mom and her for ever being so stupid.

 

I guess I'm pretty fucked in the head. I've been on my own ever since, struggling from job to job trying to get by. Then, one faithful day, I walked in here. It intrigued me to no end since people talked about this place so much. One of the girls I worked with at the supermarket dragged me here one night with her and her boyfriend.

 

The sad part about this little story is: I never left.

 

When he came out at the end of the show on stage and I looked up at him into those beautiful glassy blue eyes I instantly fell in love. He was gorgeous, like a forbidden fantasy. The way he carried himself screamed confidence though I later pegged it as cockiness. His attire was a straight replica of Sinatra with the fedora hats he always wore and suits to match. I later found out he was indeed a Frank Sinatra fan so it made sense.

 

I think what really trapped me that night was his smile. He has a beautiful innocent smile even though he's anything but. Then he looked over at me. His eyes were fixated on me for a good portion of his speech as he licked his lips slowly, sensually. I think when I shifted uncomfortably in my seat he knew I was his.

 

I'm assuming this because after the show, he came over to the bar where my friend and I were seating to talk to me. She was completely smitten with him, stating that I had to be special because he never came out into the crowd at anytime.

 

But, well, I guess I was different. I thought I was different. He led me to believe that. He wanted to know about me. He wanted to offer me a different lifestyle. He said I was exactly what he was looking for. He watered down his business and made it look appealing. Shit, people would do anything for money right? Yeah, I was desperate at the time so I ended up being one of those persons. His offer was too sweet to decline.

 

But now, I'm regretting it. I'm jaded now, tainted into this life that I can't get out of for fear of what he might do to me and because I don't know anything else outside of these walls or how to survive on my own without him.

 

I really do hate my life...

 

 

 

"Diane! What the fuck!"

 

Snapping my head in his direction, I'm greeted with a seething Justin. Yes, his name is Justin incase I forgot to mention that. He doesn't look pleased at all. His face is red, his eyes burning a hole into me and his breathing is erratic. I'm guessing someone pissed him off and he'll maybe take it out on me like he always does.

 

Before I can find my voice to respond, I'm being yanked off my chair and shoved harshly into a nearby wall. Cringing on the impact, I moan in pain when I feel the back of my head throbbing.

 

He has a tight hold around my neck as his icy blues pierce my brown ones with a maniacal glimmer in his eyes.

 

"I'm so sick and fucking tired of going through this with you. You are the only one who doesn't follow their schedule. What the fuck is your problem?" He spits furiously, his words emotionless. He doesn't care to know my problem. He's just angry. He's always angry.

 

"I...I'm..." Choking on my words since I'm trying to take in air, he tightens his hold around my neck, smirking when he sees how I'm winded almost instantly, my mind hazed.

 

"Just because you're the only girl I fuck in here doesn't give you the right to think you have leverage. I can easily change that Diane. You're not that important. But you need me, so you need to get your shit together." He hisses his breath hot on my neck.

 

"All I asked was for the night off to..." But I swallow the rest of my words when his eyes grow wide.

 

"Don't make me do something about that mouth of yours." He growls, moving closer and pressing his lower half against my bare thigh so I can feel his growing arousal.

 

Shutting my eyes tightly, I will away the tears. God, he's a sick twisted pervert. I can't even believe he gets off on this shit.

 

"You're an asshole." I snap, wriggling under his hold but stopping suddenly when he grips under my chin harshly.

 

"That I am sweetheart, but it's not hard for me to snap that little neck of yours and fix this problem. Don't fucking test me Di." I hate when he calls me that, but I know he's true to his word. You have no idea who he is or how ruthless he can be, but I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. "Now, you have a show to do so get your ass out there. Time is money but you fail to realize that. If you keep this up, I'm going to have to seriously punish your ungrateful ass." He chides and I just whimper under his hold.

 

I can feel the dizziness taking over with my lack of sufficient oxygen. I'm sure I'll pass out soon if he doesn't let me go - but he does. He breaks his hold on me in an instant, backing away from me, still glaring with a disgusted look on his face.

 

As my eyes flutter a bit, I heave leaning forward before I realize one of the girls is quickly grabbing some of her belongings to exit the dressing room in fear of disturbing this little confrontation. Oh, well that would explain why he let me go. He's such an asshole. I'm wondering if he treats any of the other girls the way he treats me. They all get their fair share of Justin's temper, but I think I take the cake. I really do despise him. I despise him for ever trapping me into this lifestyle.

 

 

 

"Get the fuck out there Diane. I'm not going to tell you again." Giving me a once over, he scoffs while folding his arms across his chest. "And cover that shit up." He points to my neck. And with that said, he turns on his heels and leaves, slamming the door shut on his way out.

 

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I wince in pain when I touch the now red hand print on my neck. Plopping down in my chair, I quickly grab some makeup to cover the mark up before I hear someone announcing "Justin's girls" on the microphone.

 

Sighing exasperatingly, I grab my feathered head piece and stand to my feet before giving myself another quick glance in the mirror.

 

"Showtime..." I whisper, the words leaving a bitter aftertaste in my mouth as I amble to the exit.

 

What's worse than being Justin's punching bag? Being one of his ‘girls' which is a nice way of saying we're basically his prostitutes/strippers in the dignified sense of the word that he can pimp out to his customers if the price is right. I try to mask it by calling myself an ecdysiast but it still means the exact same damn thing.

 

As I make it unto the stage wearing next to nothing, seeing all the bright lights and the numerous males in the audience hooting and hollering, I can't help but wonder what life would be like if I never walked through those doors of Justin's establishment...

 

The Client(s) by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 2 - The Client(s)

 

Two weeks later...

 

 

I don't understand this fascination I have with mirrors. I think it's me trying to invent a new image of myself over the one that's unacceptably staring back at me. You can maybe tell I don't think too much of myself as a person. There's not much to be proud of, but I try not to think about it...

 

Yawning slightly, I feel so tried, beat and sore. I've been working nonstop double shifts for the past two weeks. I think it's Justin's way of punishing me like he threatened he would. I'm not surprised either. He's been so cold with me lately, more so than usual. I know it has something to do with his friends coming over and accusing him of being pussy whipped over me - Like that's even possible. But, he had to prove them wrong. His pride wouldn't allow him to even fathom the possibility. So, in order to make his point that he took no favors over me, he worked me twice as hard compared to the other girls. Now I'm paying for it. I can barely fucking stand to get in the shower. My legs feel numb and my entire body hurts.

 

His last customer late this afternoon really did a number on me. But sadly, I'm just so use to this life it does nothing for me anymore. I've mentally labeled it as my job. It's how I can provide for Courtney and she needs me you know? I love her to death and if it's the last thing I do, I'll find a way out of this life for her. I don't want her growing up into this - into this lifestyle. I don't want her following in my footsteps. I'll never forgive myself if that happens.

 

Standing on shaky legs, I tug at the maroon lingerie set I'm wearing which consists of a pair of laced thongs and a bra. Darting my eyes around the large spacious room that consists of plush black leather sofas, velvet rugs and carpets, a large plasma screen television and a king sized bed, I inwardly scowl. Sure, Justin has us living like playboy girls in his mansion but shit, it's not fair. I'm betting Hugh Hefner doesn't treat his girls the way Justin does. Giving myself one more glance in the large mirror up in my bedroom I groan when I take a step forward, feeling a shooting pain through my stomach.

 

"God..." I moan, leaning forward to ease the numbing pain. Still hunching over, I place my hands on the vanished dresser for support before I hear someone clear their throat behind me. Whipping around, I'm greeted with an amused Justin standing in my doorway drinking out of what he likes to call his ‘pimp cup,' - a large gold chalice with the picture of a crown encrusted on the glass - even though he's not really a pimp in the true sense of the word. He sure acts like it sometimes.

 

 

 

"Looks like good ole John worked you out girl." He chuckles heartily, stuffing his free hand into his pant pocket. Walking further into the room, he takes a quick look around before he rests his cup down on a nearby table to fix his black and white fedora hat on his head. "It's good considering you're my best girl so I definitely cashed in today." He adds in malevolently.

 

"What do you want?" I hiss, not caring that he shoots me one of his warning glares. I know I get into a lot of trouble because of my mouth but I just can't help it. I'm so over this life.

 

"Courtney is here. Rachel just brought her over." He shrugs grabbing his glass to take another sip of what I'm assuming is scotch on the rocks, his favorite lethal alcoholic substance.

 

Rachel is actually Justin's cousin who's been taking care of Courtney whenever I have to work which has been nonstop lately. I know she doesn't condone what Justin is doing, but she remains quiet about it simply because she's afraid of him, just like everyone else.

 

When I attempt to move but tumble over in pain again, Justin groans loudly. "Well, I guess Courtney won't be seeing you today. I'll tell Rachel to bring her back tomorrow." He drawls before turning to head for the door but I stop him with my next statement.

 

"She's your daughter too you know. It wouldn't kill you to spend some time with her." I whisper, my voice cracking slightly. Oh no, maybe I shouldn't have said that. I can see Justin's breathing immediately become labored as he grips the doorknob tightly with his back facing me.

 

 

 

In a flash he spins around, slamming the door shut and placing his cup down before he storms over to me, gripping me by my brown locks and yanking me towards him until our noses touch.

 

"You listen to me Diane. Don't you ever in your life say shit like that again else..."

 

"Else what Justin?!" I challenge him, knowing damn well I'm looking to be sent to the emergency room tonight with how enraged he is. If it was possible I'm sure his ears would be steaming and his eyes spitting lava.

 

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" he snaps, tightening his hold on my hair, my scalp setting on fire but I try to play it off.

 

"She's your daughter too." I enforce, cringing when I feel his palm connect to my cheek making a loud smacking sound. In an instant, he shoves me by the shoulders sending me crashing to the floor as he steps over my waist, hovering with a sadistic glimmer in his eyes. Oh god...

 

Gripping my aching cheek I look up at him in detest.

 

"That little bastard is not my fucking child Di. Don't ever say that shit again. It's not my fault you didn't follow the rules and allowed one of my customers to impregnate you. I should have kicked your ass out when I found out but I just had to be fucking lenient on you, and this is how you repay me." He spits fiercely, his ears turning a bright shade of pink. "You're such a fucking waste." He adds for good measure as I feel the tears building in my system. God, why do I love him? He's such a monster.

 

"She looks just like you Justin!" I scream through immense dislike. "I never broke the rules! You're just coward to accept your responsibility. I wasn't the one who told you to fuck me bareback!" I cry out, pushing at his little patience left.

 

That definitely set him off and I know I'm going to pay dearly for it. I'm so stupid. I need to learn to shut my mouth sometimes.

 

Without warning, he grabs my hair again, dragging me across the carpet to the exit of my bedroom. My arms and legs instantly begin flailing as I cry out in pain, my bare back burning from the friction of my skin with the carpet. I just know I'll have rug burns by the end of this.

 

Swinging the door open, Justin inhales deeply, trying to catch his voice.

 

"Rachel!" He calls out to her from the doorway and I hear her reply with a ‘yes' from somewhere downstairs. "Bring Courtney back tomorrow." He demands and my eyes grow wide as I begin struggling against his hold frantically.

 

"No Rachel..." I wail but Justin quickly shuts me up by yanking on my hair, the pain too much to endure.

 

I can hear Rachel asking what's going on but everything seems blurry now, the unbearable pain threatening to knock me unconscious.

 

"Tomorrow Rachael." Justin yells, slamming my door closed and locking it in the process. "Now ask for you." He looks down at me with a deranged glow in his piercing blues. "I'll teach you to fucking talk back to me. You need to learn your fucking place Diane."

 

 

 

And before I can comprehend what's going on, I'm being tossed unceremoniously onto my king size bed. "Oh god...please Justin don't..." I cry out, scurrying away from him, but he grips my legs, forcefully pulling me to the edge of the bed as he scrambles with his belt buckle. "No don't do this please. I can't..." But I'm silenced by his backhand.

 

"Shut the fuck up!" Justin's voice booms, as he grips my neck tightly using his other hand to undo his pant button and zipper.

 

"Oh god..." I heave, my tears now streaming down my cheeks when I feel my center still aching from my previous encounter with one of his customers.

 

In a heartbeat, I can feel my panties being ripped to shreds and my bra easily taken off my body before I shut my eyes tightly, too weak to fight back and too terrified of the monster I know will be staring back at me.

 

Grabbing my thighs and digging into my flesh, Justin wraps my legs around his slender waist instantly plunging into me without warning, his dick thick, hard and throbbing as he rips my walls apart. Crying out in pain, I feel my entire body go numb as my stomach and legs begin cramping up. "Oh my god..." I gasp, gripping the bed sheets to steady myself under his vicious pounding.

 

"This should teach you not to ever fucking talk back to me Di." Justin pants, slamming into me, his thrusts wild and barbarous.

 

Losing my voice, I whimper under his grasp, too decrepit to even form coherent thoughts or phrases.

 

"What's that? I didn't hear sweetheart, speak up." He censures - his breathing erratic as he pulls all the way out and shoves himself back in, knowing damn well I can't take all of him. When I don't respond Justin snickers under his breath. "That's what I thought." He laughs patronizingly and I just wish I could run him over with a truck or something.

 

I can feel the stinging sensations overpower me and I just know I'll be bleeding by the end of this. Finally opening my eyes, I gaze into his orbs, noting the antipathy in them as his forehead creases into a frown, his t-shirt clad body glistening from light sweat. When he notices I'm just glaring back at him, Justin snarls, sliding out of me and flipping me over unto my stomach like some rag doll before he reenters me from behind.

 

My eyes widen as my breath remains lodged in my throat when the pain rips through my body from his new angle. Choking from inhaling too much air, I cough roughly hearing him chuckling behind me as he continues to fuck me mercilessly - to the point where my vision becomes clouded and I literally feel the blackness washing over me until I completely knock out cold...

 

 

****

Hours later...

 

 

"Get up Diane!"

 

Moaning, I stir when I hear someone calling out to me faintly.

 

"Get the fuck up Di!?"

 

Before I can snap out of my drowsiness and regain full consciousness, I feel my body being lifted up into a pair of strong arms.

 

Groaning in pain when I feel my legs hanging, the person growls under their breath and my eyes immediately shoot open, connecting to a pair of irritated blues.

 

"Wh...what?" I mutter, still spaced out. Lifting my head up, I grip it in pain when I feel my scalp throbbing. "Oh god..." I moan.

 

As if on cue, what happened earlier replays in my mind and my body instantly tenses under his hold.

 

Justin is giving me this questionable glare when he sees me quiver suddenly.

 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he snaps - his voice amazingly calm as he continues to eye me strangely.

 

"I...I..." I stammer drably, my throat dry and painful.

 

With me still in his arms, Justin walks into the bathroom, turning on the shower faucet before he puts me down to stand but my legs instantly give way and I fall into his embrace. Grumbling in annoyance, he lifts me up again and opens the sliding glass doors of the shower before he carefully sets me down, pushing me under the running water and watching as I shiver when the cold water bats on my sore naked body.

 

"Get cleaned up, we have a client coming over in a few." He demands turning to leave but stops when he hears me whimper.

 

"You never allow clients over to your estate after business hours." I supply. Justin's business is at a completely different location here in Las Vegas, where we put on shows and perform on stage outside of the pimping he does. Justin never mixes his business with his personal affairs. And I know for a fact his estate is off limits to all clients. Only he and his girls, live here...

 

Spinning around, he cocks his head to the side to look at me. "Why are you so fucking inquisitive Diane? Haven't you learnt your lesson?" He frowns, his eyes shamelessly traveling up and down my soaked figure as he leans against the door with his hands folded across his chest, pursing his lips.

 

Swallowing hard, I back into the shower wall and shake my head ‘yes', not wanting a replay of earlier. I'm having a hard time standing as it is, and I'm doing a hell of a job ignoring the pain zapping through me like lightening jolts.

 

Sighing, Justin pushes off the wooden frame, opening the bathroom door to exit. "He's an old friend." He simply explains. "And he specifically asked for you. So make yourself presentable."

 

With that last statement, I can't help the new wave of tears that take over. Oh god, I can't go through this again. Not tonight. Why don't the other girls get as much requests as I do? Jesus, I think I might faint again.

 

"Di..." Justin whispers, shocking me back to reality. I thought he left already.

 

Staring at him through the glass doors, I notice how his gaze significantly softens and he seems to be battling with his thoughts on what to say to me.

 

Looking on expectantly, I hold my breath wondering if he's going to have a change of heart and allow his softer side to show if only for a split second, but suddenly he furrows his brows, backing into the doorway with a huff. "Make it quick and be out and ready in thirty. Our guest will be in the lounge room waiting." And with that said, Justin walks out, closing the door behind him, causing me to slide down the shower wall in tears, hugging my knees to my chest as I sway back and forth under the deluges of water...

 

 

 

****

 

 

In thirty minutes flat, I'm dressed in my best ‘hooker outfit' which consists of a tight mini black leather skirt and a black tube top. As I'm applying some makeup in front of my wardrobe mirror, I hear a knock on the door. Turning around in curiosity, I quickly voice enter...

 

Justin casually struts in with his ‘pimp cup' in hand and one of the girls hanging on his arm. Her name is Bethany and she's a tall raven-haired vixen. I honestly despise her. She's always all over Justin and he doesn't seem to mind at all. Plus, she's the main one around here that gives me the most lip, saying I got pregnant to trap Justin and all that fucking shit. God, I hate her. She's giving me this comical stare when I walk forward, stumbling in my heels since I'm still in so much pain.

 

"Looks like John worked you again..." She laughs knowingly. I'm the only one John always requests to live out his sexual fetishes which are fucking creepy and always terrify me to no end.

 

Freezing under Bethany's hold, Justin cuts his eyes at her but doesn't say anything. It's strange, but he always seems to get defensive whenever one of the girls gives me a hard time. I just don't understand it. He's not like that with any of them so why do I always get the short end of the stick?

 

Shrugging, I amble towards them, dropping my red lipstick on the bed which I applied earlier.

 

Giving me a once over, Justin nods his head in approval and Bethany is still just there glaring at me with a nasty scowl on her face.

 

Rolling my eyes at her, I divert my attention to Justin for his orders.

 

"He's here..." Justin voices and I nod. "And try to walk straight please."

 

Refraining from snapping at the mouth and blaming him for my current dilemma, I bite my lip and move around them, heading out the door and down the stairs, hearing Bethany giggling before she squeaks out a ‘Justin stop,' through her sobs.

 

That asshole better not fuck her in my room on my bed. He says I'm the only girl he fucks in here but I know he's lying. I swear to god, I'll burn him alive if he does. He's such a heartless jerk. Shaking my thoughts, I pick up my pace heading straight for the lounge room. The sooner I can get this over with, the sooner I can drown myself in pain killers to knock me out for the rest of tonight so I'm dead to the world and oblivious to the pain and despair that is my current life.

 

 

 

Finally making it into the lounge room, I squint under the dim yellow lighting, knowing Justin had this place prepared to ‘set the mood.'

 

God, I hate him.

 

Walking further in, I look around for our customer, not quite finding anyone or seeing any sign of life. Before I can decide on whether to leave and ask Justin if this is some sick twisted joke, I hear someone clear their throat from behind me scaring me out of my skin.

 

Twirling around, I stumble back in shock, gripping my chest and heaving when I notice a tall dark figure walk out from somewhere behind the door, closing it in the process.

 

Scrunching up my nose, I pass my hands through my brown locks, trying to fluff my hair to make myself more appealing. Well, here goes nothing...

 

The guy is still just standing under the shadow of the light so I can't quite make him out. I'm sure he's staring at me, even though I can't see his eyes. He's dressed all in black with a black jacket to match. Stuffing his hands into his jacket pockets, he leans against the door silently, lifting one of his feet to rest against the wooden barrier as well.

 

Are all Justin's clients this creepy? Jesus, this is torture.

 

"Uh...so..." But he cuts me off, pushing off the door and walking over to me.

 

Holding my breath, I gasp when he moves into the light, allowing me to finally get a look at who I'm supposed to be whoring myself out to.

 

Reversing from him on instinct, he frowns at my reaction but doesn't budge.

 

"Listen..." he begins, and my eyes widen at how smooth and calm his tone is. "You don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not going to hurt you or anything." He explains and I just groan. That's what they all say...

 

Chuckling at me when I narrow my eyes at him, he closes the gap between us with amusement twinkling through his dark blues.

 

I'm suddenly rendered speechless by this man, his hair a beautiful brown giving off a silky glow under the yellow lights. His persona is mysterious yet rough and he has a beautiful chiseled face with a smile playing across his lips as I continue to stare at him. He's tall, but I think Justin might be a few inches taller.

 

"Uh..." well, so much for remembering what Justin taught us on how to communicate with his customers. I just hope this guy doesn't complain else I'll never hear the end of it.

 

"Not much of a talker huh?" he cracks and I just scoff at him.

 

Sighing, he bows his head in thought before he looks back up at me. "Miss Blossom..." He grins when I arch my brows at him. No one is supposed to know our real names. People are only supposed to know our stage names.

 

"Justin told me when I asked. We're...old friends." He quickly explains and I breathe a sigh of relief. Still what is with Justin breaking the rules for this guy? I just don't get it.

 

"Fine. Then let's get down to business and get this over with." I quickly shake myself out of my current stupor and begin pulling off my tube top but he immediately grabs my arms to stop me. Ok, what the hell is his deal? I know he's paying big bucks for the time he spends here with me.

 

"No, don't do that. I...I didn't come here for what you think I did." He says shyly, giving me a crafty smile that's unnerving. What a weirdo.

 

"Fine. Then what did you come for? You'll still be charged." I explain.

 

"I know. I was hoping we could...sit and talk." He's pleading with his eyes and I refrain from laughing in his face.

 

"Talk? Are you serious?" I ask incredulously, feeling antsy all of a sudden. God, his stare and those eyes are piercing through my soul.

 

"Yes. I know this is out of character but I promise that's all I want to do." He enforces and I slump my shoulders feeling slightly relieved but still unsure of his motives. Wincing at the immense pain I'm still feeling, the stranger gives me a worried look.

 

"Are you ok?" He touches my shoulder, but I smack his hand away.

 

"I'm Fine. What do you want to talk about?" I enquire, fixing my tube top over my breasts. I don't miss his eyes darting to my chest. Well, he's still a guy so his reaction is expected.

 

"We should start this right. Hi..." he smiles extending his hand to mine. This guy just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

 

"Uh...hi?" I hesitantly shake his hand before he ushers me over to the couch to take a seat.

 

"I'm sorry if I scared you in any way. Oh and it's not courteous since I know your name but you don't know mine. So, I'm Joshua." He drawls and I nod my head in response. "But my friends call me JC." He supplies and I shake my head again silently before a large smile adorns his smooth features. "You can call me JC..."

 

The Baby by d_simplicity

 


Chapter 3 - The Baby

 

Three Weeks Later...

 

 

As I sit here inside of Justin's establishment, watching Justin do what he's good at - ordering people around - I can't help but drift back to the day I told him I was pregnant with Courtney. He literally threw a fit. I don't know - the past few weeks have been hard. He's actually preventing me from seeing my daughter. God, I want to stab him so much. He's so unfair.

 

When Rachel brought Courtney back the next day, he literally told her I didn't deserve to see my own child because I disobeyed him as he liked to call it. Now, usually I'm dead on snapping at the mouth but for some strange reason unbeknownst to me, I remained calm and allowed him to have his way. Rachel spoke up for the first time since I've known her these past eight years stating Justin had no right and she didn't dig the idea of taking care of someone else's child.

 

Of course Justin cornered her at the entrance of his house, threatening her and stating that she didn't have a choice since the ‘bastard' was his too. He even sweetened it by saying I couldn't be distracted by the likes of my child since I had to work and he's sure my daughter would hate me if she knew what I was - what my job was. I'm telling you, that knife I was holding in my hand at the time pealing an orange was looking mighty appealing when my homicidal instincts kicked in - craving to see the sharp object pierce his back and watch as he fell helpless on the floor.

 

You see what I'm dealing with? Justin only claimed Courtney as his own to get Rachel off his back. I know for a fact he doesn't want anything to do with my baby. And, Rachel couldn't argue too much because Justin is the one taking care of her since she works for him as one of the makeup artists/hair stylists for us entertainers among other things. Ugh.

 

 

 

....Flashback....

 

Staggering into my bedroom, I plop down on the cushiony mattress as tears fill my eyes clouding my vision. "Oh god what am I going to do?" I cry in my palms, terrified of what Justin might do if he found out...

 

"Do about what?"

 

Speak of the devil.

 

Seating up, I watch as Justin strolls in with a shot glass in hand. Throwing back the alcoholic substance, he cringes then wipes at his lips before he sits next to me on my bed, watching me closely, studying my body language while messing with his Sinatra t-shirt. "So how was the visit to the doctor?" he enquires and I freeze. He only sent me to the doctor because I was always sick and throwing up. He told me if I had a bug, he didn't want me spreading it to the other girls. Sadly, that's as deep as his caring goes.

 

Justin instantly picks up on my uneasiness and stands to his feet, hovering - still eyeing me.

 

"Uh..." Pulling on my red cotton dress, I shut my eyes when he grabs my arm and forcefully yanks me up to stand.

 

"I asked you a question Diane. Don't make me beat it out of you." He threatens - his voice low and sharp as he breathes against my skin.

 

"Well, I...I'm..."

 

"Are you dying?" Justin raises his brows in question and I quickly shake my head no. "Then spit it the fuck out woman!" He raises his voice, tightening his grip on my arm.

 

"I'm pregnant." I mutter, watching as his face falls, his breath hitching in his throat as he pierces me with his gaze. I think he's in shock or maybe he's trying to deal with the anger that's slowly rising in his system. God, he's going to kill me, I just know it.

 

"What?" He inquires disbelievingly.

 

"I said I'm..."

 

"I fucking heard you!" Justin yells, cutting me off. "How the fuck did this happen?" He snaps, letting me go and beginning to pace.

 

Yeah we both know how that happened, I mean seriously.

 

"I...I'm sorry. I guess the birth control pills didn't work..." knowing damn well I forgot to take them on schedule because of how swamped we've been lately. I guess I'm paying the consequences now.

 

Snapping his head in my direction, Justin stops pacing and just glares at me. "Bullshit Di. Bullshit! You had one of my fucking clients fuck you without protection?" He inquires incredulously, his eyes widening as he storms over to me. "Are you fucking insane?!" Justin screams, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me violently.

 

All I can do right now is cower in fear because I just know he's pissed beyond comprehension. Anything I say could set him off and oh god, I don't want...

 

"You stupid bitch! You stupid, stupid slut! How could you break the rules?! Are you looking to get a fucking disease or something?" Justin yells, still shaking me pugnaciously. "Who Diane? Who fucking knocked you up? You tell me; I'll kill the fucking bitch for not following my orders..."

 

"I didn't break the rules." I choke out through his manhandling.

 

"What?"

 

"The baby is yours Justin. You're the only one I..." But he instantly silences me by shoving me backwards.

 

"Are you nuts?" He asks coarsely, lunging at me and gripping my neck tightly. "You're not pinning this on me Diane. You fucking bitch!" He snaps, smacking me hard across the cheek for effect. "You stupid...fuck!" Justin bawls, gripping my red dress and hauling me out of the room. "Do you know what this means? You won't be able to perform for almost a fucking year!" He continues on his rant but I don't care about that. I'm still holding my cheek, too frightened to say anything.

 

 

As he makes his way down his winding staircase with me in his grasp, I say a silent prayer that he doesn't ask me to do what I think...

 

"Get rid of it." Oh no...oh no I was hoping he wouldn't say that.

 

"Justin..."

 

Stopping mid-step, he gives me an evil glare, challenging me to talk back to him. "You're getting rid of it. Come on, we're going to the doctor's." He states, pulling me down the stairs with him but I instantly begin fighting against his hold.

 

"No! I'm not killing my baby!" I scream, losing my balance and tripping over one of the stairs, my heels piercing the back of Justin's leg.

 

Hunching over in pain, Justin's cries echo through the spacious house as he grips the back of his leg rubbing the sore spot. I'm still on the stairs - face forward on my hands and knees - trying to get up when I feel a tug on my long brown locks.

 

"Ow!" I cry out as Justin swiftly picks me up by my hair.

 

"You ungrateful bitch!" he spits boisterously, his voice shaking with anger. "I'm so sick and tired of your fucking behind."

 

"I'm not killing my baby!" I retort, struggling in his hold as he fights to control my flailing arms.

 

"God would you stop!" Justin orders, trying to cease my fighting. I'll be damned if he drags me out of that front door. I'm not going to do it. This is the only good thing that has happened to me since I've been here and I won't let him rid me of that happiness. I deserve to be happy too. Even though this pregnancy was unexpected, maybe a baby is just what I need to turn my life around...

 

"Damn it! Fucking stop Diane!" Justin's shouts, his belligerent nature stunning me for a split second. His eyes are sparkling with rage and his breathing is shot - but I'm still trying to get out of his death grip not caring that my hair might be rooted out in the process. "Stupid fuck!"

 

 

And just like that, in slow motion, I feel my legs give way causing me to lose my balance as Justin jacks me ferociously out of his hold watching as my arms flail when I try to stand straight. Unfortunately, I quickly lose that battle when my heels slide over the marbled steps.

 

Screaming out, I reach for Justin but he backs away from me with a smirk on his face and all I can do is shut my eyes and let the inevitable happen.

 

In the blink of an eye, I feel myself falling backwards, tumbling, rolling down the flight of stairs as I bump and bruise every inch of my body.

 

Landing on the flat with a loud thud, an agonizing whimper escapes my lips as my eyes remain tightly shut.

 

I can feel my body on fire as I lay helpless on the floor.

 

It's not long before I hear footsteps from somewhere in the house...

 

"Oh my god! What happened?" I hear one of the girls cry out.

 

Then I hear his voice demanding that they return to their affairs. "She's fine. She just...slipped." He says, a light chortle escaping his lips. God, if I wasn't afraid to move for the simple fact that something might be broken, I'd kill him with my bare hands.

 

"Justin she's not waking up."

 

"We should take her to the hospital..."

 

But he cuts them off. "Don't you all have shit to do besides be a pain in my ass? Get out of here now!" His voice is fierce and relentless.

 

Then I hear them shuffling around, coming closer to me but, he snarls at them again and they quickly sprint off to a different location in his overly huge mansion.

 

I'm still there, breathing hard, fluttering my eyes open as I stare at the ceiling. Leaning forward, I cough rigorously when I feel a shooting pain through my abdomen. "Oh god..." I cry, my tears rapidly flowing down my cheeks as I clutch my stomach, my form aching and burning. I'm going to be black and blue no questions asked. I really do despise him and myself for ever putting up with his abusive ways.

 

My vision of the large crystal chandelier is instantly blocked off when Justin walks towards me, hovering with a malicious glow in his blues.

 

"For a split second I was hoping you'd be dead or maybe in a coma. That way I wouldn't have to deal with you. But, let's hope that did the trick and got rid of that little bastard growing inside of you. Get the fuck up and go clean yourself off. I can't be bothered with you right now; I have shit to do..."

 

Stepping over me, he lets out a low chuckle before I hear his retreating footsteps. I'm still just lying there, too numb to even budge. Resting my head back unto the marbled floor of the threshold, I blink a few times before I break out into a sobbing contest, too weak to even care that I can taste the slight tangy substance of blood smearing my lips...

 

....End of Flashback....

 

"Diane!"

 

Snapping out of my thoughts, I look over at Justin who's signaling for me to come up to where he's standing on the stage. Wiping at my eyes, I shake out the horrid memory I just had, realizing I could have died that day he pushed me down those flight of stairs. I guess I got lucky since we were already three quarters down - because I know for a fact, if I was shoved from the top, I'd be six feet under by now. It was partly my fault. I mean, I was fighting and clawing at him when he was trying to stop me. I was so stupid. Thank god nothing happened to my baby.

 

I actually suffered a bruised rib cage and fractured wrist which pissed Justin off even more because I couldn't perform for a few weeks. Right now, I'm just praying for any sign that will give me a passageway to freedom. I'm not sure how much more my body and soul can endure.

 

 

 

"Di did you not hear me calling you?"

 

You know, I wish he'd stop calling me that.

 

Lifting my head up from the bar, I down my drink as I stand to my feet, gazing at my surroundings. We're in the heart of Las Vegas where Justin's business is located. It's a two story building with bright neon lights at the front that reads "Justin's Girls - Exotic Dancers." Every night this place is swarming with males and a few females as everyone pays a lot of money to come here and see us perform on stage, stripping and dancing around a pole in next to nothing for their viewing pleasures.

 

It's your classic stripper joint but with a twist. You see, Justin is a business man. So, not only does this lavish house cater to everyone's fantasies from the various show themes we put on, but, he always keeps the bars stocked and he gives out free drinks every once in a while. He also provides a side business where clients can request their favorite girl to spend a night with living out their sexual fetishes once they're willing to cough up the dough. That's how I grew to be terrified of one of his clients named John who seems to be infatuated with me for some reason.

 

I blame Justin for that though. He's always pushed me in front of the other girls - bringing me out on stage with him at the end of the performances for the night, letting the public and his loyal customers know I'm the top girl around here. He always says "she's my best girl everyone, well worth the price," as he cracks jokes with his perverted counterparts.

 

I guess I was exactly what he was looking for. It turns out people dig the whole exotic vibes. I'm one of the few here who's mixed in race. I have some Spanish/Latin in me because of my mom's background and guys seem to be crazy over the whole ‘Spanish' fetish concept. Plus, it's hard to hide my heritage with my wide hips and bubble butt. Justin has definitely milked that. He even persuaded me to dye my hair a raven color and use my knowledge of the language on his clients. He's such an asshole.

 

You know, he wasn't always like this. When I first met Justin, he was decent. He still had a terrible temper but he never took it out on us - on me - like he has been these past few years. I guess his fame finally went to his head and he knows he's the shit so he doesn't take lightly to anyone who doesn't conform to his norm.

 

Unfortunately, this business has been in his family for decades. His grandfather was actually a good friend of Hugh Hefner - go figure, and Hugh helped him build this business. When Justin's granddad died, it was passed unto his father who later passed it on to him. The interesting part in all of this is: I found out a few years ago that Justin has a regular family outside of this. Of course they have no idea what kind of monster he is. He has a mother, siblings and other relatives that he's estranged himself from because he claimed they didn't understand him or supported the ‘Timberlake men' business empire. Rachel is the only one he keeps around. He is so full of it.

 

But well, I guess what I really would like to know is why he's always so angry all the time. I wish I knew the cause. It would definitely help in me knowing his weak spots so I could manipulate that for me to get the hell out of here...

 

 

 

"Diane!"

 

His voice is so annoying!

 

Stumbling back in terror, I gaze at Justin who's now standing mere inches away from me drinking from that stupid cup with his eyes glossed over in agitation.

 

"Where the fuck is your head today? I've been calling you for the past few minutes now. Look, I'm so not in the mood to whip you into shape right now. Get your ass on stage and show the prop guy where you want the bed and other props for our big show tomorrow night. Don't make me fucking tell you this again. I swear to god, I'll cripple you or maybe cut that fucking tongue of yours since you're always so quick to snap that trap of yours..." Justin hisses, taking a sip of his alcohol. I'm betting he's partly intoxicated by now. He's been drinking since we came in here this morning. It's late afternoon on a Thursday and if there is anything worse than angry Justin, it's intoxicated Justin.

 

I wonder if I could slip poison into his drink. I should really consider it. The only thing that's prevented me from plotting Justin's murder is Courtney. Whether he wants to accept it or not, I know she's his. I don't understand why he won't take a paternity test and end the speculation. She's the only tie and bond I have with him and I don't want her growing up without a father - as cruel, uncaring and heartless as he is - Justin is still her father and she has a right to at least know who he is.

 

Jesus...

 

Bowing my head, I nod timidly, trying to move around him to head for the stage before his next phrase catches me off guard.

 

"Tomorrow should be a cash filled night." He smirks, causing me to roll my eyes. "There's going to be my annual party at the mansion with my close friends, guests and you girls after the show tomorrow night. I decided to hold it at my place this year since business has been doing so well. A change in surroundings will be nice. But I'm only telling you this so you're on your best behavior and you don't piss me off. Do you hear me?" he speaks sternly.

 

Shaking my head, my browns gaze into his cold blues as he takes another sip of his drink still looking at me. Fiddling with his brown fedora hat he sighs at my lack of verbal reply.

 

"Cat's got your tongue now? No matter, you're better this way. I'll tell Rachel to bring Courtney over tomorrow but you better watch yourself with me..." Justin threatens, pointing his finger in my face.

 

"That's fine..." I murmur, desperately wanting him to dismiss me. If I'm right, he's probably getting drunk and I don't want to be around if for some reason he becomes unbearably horny or other. I can't deal with his roughness right now. Sex with him stopped being pleasurable a long time ago when he morphed into deranged Justin and never quite came off that high.

 

"Good, because JC's been asking about you and he will be there tomorrow night so be respectful to him because he's one of my top clients." Justin barks and I can't help the slight smile that plays across my lips.

 

I'm sure JC didn't tell him we spent the entire night just sitting and talking to each other when I met him some three or so weeks ago. I didn't learn too much about him then. He only mentioned that he's been living in Europe for some time and came down here to visit Justin and a few other friends and family. He's still very mysterious but it felt good to have someone interested in me as a person and not just for my body. I haven't seen Joshua since and I almost forgot about him, but knowing that he'll be at the show and after party tomorrow definitely lifts my spirits.

 

I'm wondering what kind of history he and Justin share. I mean how could someone as pleasant and kind as JC be mixed up with a sick twisted fuck like Justin? No matter - I'm just glad there's someone who isn't as insane as my provider.

 

 

 

Justin doesn't miss the cheeky grin on my face because he's frowning now but that doesn't stop me from smiling even wider.

 

"Why the fuck are you smiling?" Justin questions, grabbing my arm and leading me over to the stage were a few crew members are located, decorating and preparing for the show tomorrow night.

 

"I..."

 

"Just forget it. Get up there and help them. I need to head out for a few and take care of some business..."

 

Hearing him say that is definitely surprising and I spin around. A few hours without Justin? That's heaven! Please don't play with me on this...

 

"Where are you..." But I shut my mouth when his eyes widen.

 

"Just shut the hell up and get to work Diane. I'll be back soon." Justin quickly turns on his heels, gulping down the rest of his drink in his cup as he heads straight for the exit, leaving me and his crew alone to finish setting up for the show.

 

 

 

Well, I guess this is going to be good. I can't wait to see my baby tomorrow too. I've missed her so much.

 

However, before I can instruct the interior designer on what curtains to put up, the Spanish bartender named Ricardo quickly calls out to me.

 

"Yes Ricardo!" I answer over the music that's playing in here. Justin popped in his Sinatra CD earlier and had it playing on repeat lowly in the background.

 

"Where did Mr. Timberlake disappear to? There's someone on the line for him." Ricardo calls out, holding the phone up to my line of sight. Shrugging and responding with an ‘I don't know,' Ricardo groans before placing the phone back to his ears.

 

In a few seconds flat, Ricardo's calling out to me again just as I make my way unto the stage.

 

"They want to speak to you!" he beckons and I flinch.

 

"What?" I ask stupefied. No one ever asks to speak to me or anyone else for that matter unless it's Justin. "But..."

 

"Said he'd leave the message with you since I told him Justin was just here with you but suddenly left." Ricardo adds in, giving me a weary glance. He knows as well as I do if Justin found out he'd throw a tantrum.

 

"Can't you take the message?" I ask, not having any intensions of taking that call.

 

"Na, he insisted on only speaking with you. Listen, just take the call Diane. If it's something important, Justin will chew me out for it. You can give me the message and I'll pass it to him. I won't tell Justin you were on the phone and took any of his calls." Ricardo supplies but I'm still nervous about this. "The guy said you all know each other? Something about a Joshua..." Ricardo rambles out as my heartbeat instantly quickens.

 

Oh my god, JC's on the phone? Oh my god.

 

Still, I can't help but pray that Justin doesn't suddenly walk back in here to witness this little scene. As harmless as this is, Justin won't take lightly to me conversing with any of his customers outside of ‘work'.

 

Before I'm aware of what I'm doing, I find myself jumping off the stage and sprinting towards the bar for the phone, hoping that JC is still on the line and didn't get impatient from waiting for me to make up my mind on whether to take his call or not.

 

The Show(s) by d_simplicity

 

 

Chapter Four

Next Day - The Show(s)

 

 

I know that I really shouldn't be so excited but I can't help it. It's Friday night and tonight is Justin's big show here at the club with ‘his girls' and then it's off to his mansion for the after party. You know the only reason why I'm so excited is because I get to see JC tonight. When he called yesterday after Justin left, he just wanted to know how he could collect his V.I.P tickets for tonight. It's really going to be a big deal. The media is going to be there and it's just going to be crazy! I think it has something to do with Hugh Hefner being the guest of honor. It would really be nice to meet him. Maybe I could convince him to make me one of his playboy girls to get away from Justin. But I digress.

 

Anyway, I told JC yesterday I'd pass his message so Justin could get right back to him about those tickets even though I knew the message would be delivered by Ricardo. Surprisingly, JC knew Justin wouldn't have taken lightly to me taking his calls, so he promised he wouldn't tell him. I swear the man just keeps amazing me. What really made me curious was when I asked him how he and Justin knew each other and he simply stated it wouldn't interest me. I mean really, me asking meant I was interested but, just talking to him was nice. He even promised he'd make sure I was off the market tonight so we could spend some time together. How sweet is that? Sure I'll be on my best behavior like Justin insisted, but, not because he asked me to.

 

The good part about this is Justin really tried controlling his temper yesterday. Even after he came home obviously pissed from whatever business encounter he had, he just glared at me and stormed into his room slamming the door shut.

 

‘Stupid me' had to go ahead and knock to find out what was wrong because even though he's an abusive psychotic bastard, I still care. Don't ask me why. I'm still trying to figure it out. But, we've been through the part about me being in love with him. I know that's how it always is in abusive relationships but this isn't even a relationship. I don't know what it is and maybe I'm mistaking some other emotion for love, but I doubt it.

 

Like I've said before, Justin wasn't always like this. So, whatever changed him, I wish he'd change back. Still, I just had to know why he wasn't in my room cursing me out or complaining about something I wasn't doing right. He's usually in my room almost every night. Except last night. He didn't even throw our weekly pool side party for his girls just to say he ‘appreciates' that we're making him filthy rich. It usually ends with him getting intoxicated and being stupid. I always stay far away from that party. I'm either in my room or on the phone with Courtney. But, but last night was different. Last night he went straight to his room without talking to anyone.

 

When I entered his room, he was rummaging through his draws looking for something. When he saw me his entire body turned rigid. With his back to me, he spat out "Just get out Diane. I don't want to pass my anger out on you and we have a show tomorrow. No amount of makeup will hide any mark I put on you if you piss me off. Just get the fuck out of here."

 

After that, I didn't say anything. I just left him alone. Something is up with that man. I'm only saying this because when I woke up this morning he was gone and I haven't seen him since.

 

 

Now, I'm sitting in the dressing room at the back of the club, getting ready for the show and applying some makeup. I can hear the MC on the microphone presenting the next girl on stage who's Bethany. I can't help but roll my eyes. She's a pure witch that one. There's a lot of commotion out there too. I can hear people screaming, hooting and hollering. The place must be packed tonight. Everyone wants a piece of playboy king Hefner. Oh well...

 

God, this stupid costume is so uncomfortable. I'm wearing this tight, black, dominatrix suit for part of the show theme tonight. It's suffocating me. It's practically glued to me like a second skin. And, I'm going to be out strutting around with a whip in my hand and leather gloves to match the outfit. Well, if I get to whip a few of our customers in fun that should be sweet.

 

Standing, I give myself a once over since I know my call is coming up soon. If I'm not out there on time, Justin will surely come looking...

 

Unfortunately, my thoughts are suddenly interrupted when I hear a strange noise from somewhere outside.

 

It's a loud bang...almost like a...gunshot? What the hell?

 

Snapping my head away from the mirror, I notice the doors to the dressing room swing open and in storms Justin followed by two of his ‘friends.'

 

I'm the only girl in here. I don't think he's noticed me yet because he's pacing and mumbling profanities. Ok, what's his deal?

 

"That son of a bitch!" Justin finally yells, letting out a strangled breath. "I should have killed him." He snaps before one of his men clear their throat and points in my direction.

 

Following their line of sight, Justin flips around and locks eyes with me.

 

Oh no.

 

Holding my breath I take a step backwards. Do I even want to know what just happened? I don't think so.

 

Storming over to me, Justin stops abruptly. His vision drops to my outfit as he scans me with a smirk on his face.

 

That's when I see it.

 

He has a gun...a revolver to be exact...clutched tightly in his right hand that seems to be partly trembling.

 

I think he's beyond pissed right now. I didn't even know he owned a gun.

 

"Why are you still in here?" Justin asks me, his voice threateningly low and sharp.

 

Please don't hit me...

 

"You have a stage call in a few Diane. Get out there now." He orders. Shaking my head I move around him but he stops me by gripping my arm roughly. Oh god...

 

"Ronnie, Jacob...give me a minute. I'll be right out." He says to his ‘boys' and they nod, instantly leaving the room.

 

Diverting his attention back to me, Justin sighs exasperatingly and drops my arm.

 

Rubbing the sore spot since he had a death grip on me, I continue to stare into his blues. They're so cold and emotionless...

 

Passing his hands through his hair in frustration, he rests the gun down on the makeup table, staring around the spacious room filled with endless costumes and props.

 

"How much did you hear?" he inquires. "This room isn't sound proof like out where the audience is located." He explains.

 

"I just...I just heard a gunshot that's all." I shrug.

 

"Ok." Straightening his posture, Justin grabs his ‘death device' fitting it snuggly into the waistband at the back of his dark denim jeans before he smoothes out his white designer shirt over it. Fixing the white fedora hat on his head, he locks eyes with me frowning in the process. "Don't even think about asking me what's going on Diane because I won't tell you." He hisses just before I hear my name being announced by the MC.

 

"Get the fuck out there. Time is money. I'll see you after the show." And just like that, he leaves me alone, waltzing out of the dressing room to regain his place in V.I.P I'd assume.

 

Grabbing my whip, I don't even bother to watch myself in the mirror this time. I'm just really curious as to what just happened.

 

Slumping, I jump when I hear Justin yell ‘Diane!' from somewhere behind the door...

 

"Shit..."

 

 

 

Rushing through the doors, I see him, Ronnie and Jacob exiting backstage to head up to the V.I.P section where I'm sure Hugh is located. I wonder if I told Mr. Hefner what was going on what he'd say. Like that will ever happen. Not unless I wanted a one way trip to the grave. Justin would kill me if I did that.

 

Shaking out my thoughts, I quickly put on my ‘show face', ambling to the back of the stage where the MC can see me.

 

"Gentlemen...and a few ladies..." The Mc jokes as I hear a few women laughing in the audience. "Welcome our featured girl tonight Miss. Veronica Blush!" he shouts and everyone cheers and hollers. Justin gave me that stage name. Don't ask me what he was thinking when he chose it. I've gotten used to it though.

 

Casually strutting unto the stage, I squint under the blinding lights as I swing my whip and sway my hips exaggeratingly. I can see the men at the edge of their seats in front of the stage, waving their bills in their hands and whistling at me. Trying to suppress my groans and a roll of my eyes, I smile seductively before I begin my dancing routine which consists of a bed prop, a pole and some very exotic, sexual hip movements as I shimmy out of my clothes.

 

I'm so used to this now that it comes naturally to me. I think most times when I'm out here, I tune out the deafening music, the endless faces sitting in the audience watching me and dissecting me with their stares and the fact that I have to let these horny perverts touch me in my most private areas. It's all just a job...it's a means to an end for me. I can handle it...

 

 

In the middle of my routine and me standing half-naked on stage, my eyes begin to roam over the many faces in the audience. I swear, grown ass men who are probably married with children or at least have a girlfriend are disgusting with the way they drool over us girls.

 

But all that is forgotten when I see him.

 

JC...

 

He's sitting upstairs in the V.I.P section next to Justin and what do you know? It's Mr. Hugh Hefner himself. Smiling shyly, JC picks up on my stare and smiles back at me. He looks really good in that black fitted shirt he's wearing. Maybe I can turn this show around and make it interesting for once.

 

Hugh and Justin seem to be in some type of conversation as I notice some of the playboy girls around him.

 

But, I'm not thinking about that. I'm focusing on JC who has the cutest smirk on his face right now just staring at me and licking his lips slowly, sensually. Yeah, he knows this is for him.

 

Still making sure that I collect my cash from the perverts in front the stage trying to grope at me, I focus all my attention on JC.

 

The way I'm moving, dancing and touching myself...it's all for him. And he knows it because he's shifting in his seat now. It's cute.

 

Damn, I wonder what it would feel like to have his hands all over me, touching me in that gentle, loving way that Justin has long forgotten how to do...

 

To my displeasure, my fun is short-lived, because before I can comprehend what's going on, I watch as Justin furrows his brows at me then diverts his attention to JC.

 

Oh that can't be good...

 

I'm not even given a chance to see his reaction because the MC is already calling the last girl out on stage which means my time is up.

 

Sighing, I blow a kiss for the men in the audience, gathering my discarded clothes before I sprint off the stage. I can still hear them calling after me to come back...

 

The MC says something about I'll be back out there before they know it the next time around.

 

Ugh, he's an asshole...

 

 

 

Ignoring the scathing look I get from Bethany when I enter the dressing room, I notice all the girls are changing from their costumes into their party outfits. The show will be over soon and then everyone who was invited to the after party will be heading over to Justin's place. Courtney should already be there with Rachel waiting for me, so, I'm super excited to see my little girl.

 

Unfortunately, before I can even grab a change of clothes, Justin comes storming into the room like a raging hyena.

 

"Everyone out now!" His voice booms. I watch as all the girls finish fixing up themselves, grabbing their belongings to exit. "I'll see you all at home. The limo is out waiting." He says to them before they disappear out the door.

 

Diverting his attention to me, Justin cocks his head to the side, biting the corner of his mouth as he takes in my half-naked form.

 

Oh great. Now what?

 

"What was that out there?" he asks in a light whisper.

 

"What was what?"

 

"Don't play with me Di. I saw the way you were looking at JC. Am I missing something?" He inquires as I notice the anger slowly dissipate from his tense form.

 

"No..."

 

Sighing, Justin rubs his palms over his face before he clenches his fists together. "Diane. I'm really trying to refrain from choking you to death..." he spits. "Don't fucking lie to me too." He snaps and by the homicidal look in his eyes I know he's serious.

 

"It was nothing Justin. I was just..."

 

"You never look into the crowd unless it's at the guys who are directly in front of the stage. What the fuck Diane! You better not be developing any attachment to him else I swear...I swear on your fucking grave...I'll kill you both. You never, ever mix business with pleasure. Never!" Justin states walking towards me, but, he stops abruptly. "Do you like him?" he asks, a new emotion I've never seen before and can't quite place shining through his orbs.

 

"What!? NO! He, he's just a client." I lie, backing away and covering my exposed breasts with my dominatrix suit.

 

"He better be. I don't give a fuck about what history he and I have. If he's breaking the rules with any of my girls I will not hesitate to put him in his place. Besides, you'd be really stupid getting mixed up with someone like Josh. I know for a fact it would never work out." Justin laughs bitterly and I frown by that statement. What the hell is he talking about? "Plus, you're mine so, he can't have you." Justin states with a hint of finality in his voice.

 

Why does Justin saying that send shivers down my spine? And not in a good way mind you. God, I'm doomed aren't I?

 

When he notices I'm just standing there staring at him, too terrified to even say anything that might set him off and cause him to beat on me, he just groans.

 

"Get dressed Diane. I'm going out to make my speech. The show is practically over. Then, we're heading back to the mansion for the party. I have someone I want you to meet. Rachel called and said Courtney is there waiting for you. Just watch yourself with me. Don't fuck with JC Diane. I mean it. He pays to see you just like everyone else. That's it! Got it?" Justin warns, pointing his finger in my face.

 

Shaking my head ‘yes', he folds his arms across his chest still looking at me but this time, it's not the disgusted look he always gives. It's...it's a little softer than usual.

 

Ok, what the hell is going on with Justin really? He's really confusing me today.

 

"Fine and make it quick. Don't make me come looking for you because I swear, this time, I won't even bother controlling my anger if you piss me off..."

 

And he's out the door with the same speed he came in.

 

Plopping down on a nearby chair, I breathe a sigh of relief. I wasn't even aware that I was holding my breath for the last few seconds until now.

 

"God, I just want out..." I moan into my hands, thinking of my little girl and how this could permanently damage her if I don't take her away from this life while she's still young and naïve.

 

 

 

****

Hours later...

At Justin's Mansion...

 

 

 

This party has been going on for hours...

 

When we came back to Justin's place, the DJ was already there setting up. Justin really went all out with this.

 

It's actually a pool side party. He has a large 25 meter pool with a built in bar, a hot tub, Jacuzzi and a buffet spread out for his guests. He actually installed fucking poles and hired strippers who weren't his girls to perform. There is also a glass stage over the pool where people can dance. There are a few media people roaming around in the mass of hot, sweaty, half-naked bodies and every once in a while camera flashes go off. All these ‘beautiful people' are really letting go here. God, next thing you know, they'll be having sex right there by the damn pool.

 

The music is blasting and I can actually feel the vibrations of the bass from where I'm sitting. There's a red, pink and white color scheme going on from the lounge chairs, towels Justin's laid out for his guests, the swim suits and swimming trunks people are wearing to the colors of the pool furniture. It's really extravagant. Everyone who's anyone in the entertainment world here in Las Vegas is here. There're so many celebrities, it's ridiculous.

 

But, I don't care about any of that. All I care about is my baby and she's been begging me to come out here the entire night but I refused to allow that. I'm not letting her get a glimpse into this tainted lifestyle. I am going to check on her though. Justin's been busy mingling and entertaining his guests so I won't have to worry about him for a while thank goodness.

 

Standing from my sitting position on one of the lounge chairs, I down my cherry martini then fix the two piece red bikini I have on, before I amble towards the sliding glass doors that lead into the side of the kitchen.

 

Quickly walking through the spacious black and white marbled kitchen, I round the corner and head straight for the living room, hearing the faint sounds of the television and a familiar giggle that I know and love.

 

 

 

"Hey, hey, hey...what you doing there little girl?" I inquire, standing at the entrance of the large living room decked out in everything leather and velvet.

 

"Mommy!"

 

Dropping to my knees, I gaze admirably at the three year old as she hops off Rachel's lap and sprints towards me lunging herself into my awaiting arms.

 

"What's up baby?" I coo, inhaling her scent and holding onto her petite frame for dear life. "God, I love you..." I sigh into her head of thick golden brown curls.

 

Breaking our embrace she stares at me with a big grin on her face, her piercing blues gazing into my browns. Shit, she looks so much like Justin it's uncanny. She has his eyes, hair and nose. She took my smile and cheeks though. God, she's so precious and doesn't deserve any of this.

 

"Watching spongeboob with tanty Rachel..." She coos in her baby voice and I can't help but laugh.

 

"You mean Sponge-bob?" I inquire and she shakes her head yes, her curls wild and bobbing all over the place.

 

Pulling her into my arms, I lift her up with me as I stand.

 

"Thanks Rachel. It really means a lot that you brought her here to visit." I smile sadly as Rachel approaches us.

 

"It's cool. Even though Justin is an ass, she deserves to spend time with you. He'll come around don't worry. He's just going through a phase or something." Rachel shrugs, taking Courtney from me.

 

"I guess." I sigh sadly. "Are you all heading out?"

 

"Yes, she's sleepy. I'm going to head home and put her to bed."

 

I can't help the tears that are forming in my eyes now. God, it's so not fair. Because of this job I can't even have my baby here with me like I want. Something really needs to be done about this. I'm missing out on the most precious moments of her life. "Ok, take care of her." I whimper, passing my hands through Courtney's thick hair as she yawns.

 

"I wove ou mommy. I miss ou..." She smiles for me as a few tears slide down my cheeks.

 

"I love you too baby. I'll see you soon. I promise ok?"

 

When she nods her head for me I give her a tight smile, squeezing her little hands. Wiping at my eyes, I look up at Rachel. "Take care of her Rach. I'll see you all soon." I choke out, fighting to keep my composure.

 

"No cwry mommy. Wone day, daddy will be good fo us to be a family." Courtney tells me and I can't stop my heart from breaking when she says that. God, I feel so terrible. She's so clueless.

 

"I hope so too baby, I hope so..."

 

 

 

"Diane where the fuck are you woman?!"

 

"Oh no..." Shutting my eyes, I ask Rachel to leave when I hear Justin's voice nearby. I don't want him causing a scene in front of Courtney. She doesn't need to see any of that.

 

"Diane!"

 

Whipping around, I notice Justin is stumbling into the living room with his ‘Pimp Cup' In hand. Oh god, by the glassy look in his eyes I know he's intoxicated. This is going to be a long night...

 

When he sees Courtney in Rachel's arms he stops suddenly just glaring at them and then me before he narrows his eyes in annoyance.

 

"Why are you all still here?" he snaps at Rachel, his tongue heavy from all the alcohol I'm sure he's consumed.

 

"We were just leaving." Rachel replies unaffected by his harshness as she grabs her belongings with Courtney in her arms. Courtney's stare is fixated on her father as she watches him silently in awe. She knows better than to call Justin daddy. The last time she did that, he screamed at her telling her to never call him that again. Of course she cried her eyes out and never said a word to him since. She's terrified of him, with good reason. Sadly, I couldn't do anything about it. If I tried to fight Justin about yelling at her, I'd lose. I just had to comfort my baby when she came crying to me. God, I really do despise him with my entire being. Yet, I love him. I'm so messed up...

 

"Good, get the little bastard out of here..."

 

"Hey don't say that shit in front of our child..." I interject, but he just laughs pathetically.

 

"Our child? That's rich Diane. That's...That's rich..." Justin slurs, gripping a couch to steady his swaying self.

 

Ugh! Would it be worth it if I stabbed him now?

 

"We're leaving Justin." Rachel snaps back, not caring about the death glare he shoots her way. "We'll see you soon Diane." Rachel gives me a quick hug and I give Courtney a kiss bye, before they make their way out the front doors of Justin's home.

 

When I hear Rachel's car come to life and they head down the driveway, I turn my attention to Justin.

 

 

 

Scoffing, I storm past him heading straight towards the glass sliding doors that connect to the pool area where the party is being held.

 

However, before I can reach out the doors, he catches up to me and I feel myself being slammed up against a wall with a seething Justin glaring back at me.

 

I'm not sure what's come over me, but this is the first time in a long while I don't feel intimidated by him. I'm beyond angry with how he just spoke of Courtney in her presence. He deserves to suffer for the type of monster he is.

 

"Are you giving me attitude Di?" he hisses and I cringe. Shit, his breath reeks of alcohol. Now is not a good time to piss him off.

 

"You didn't have to talk about..." But I swallow my words when he grips my neck and applies pressure, pressing his half-naked body - since he's in a pair of red swimming trunks - up against mine.

 

"Don't you dare. Don't make me mark you tonight Diane. I'm this close to hauling your ass up those stairs and into my room. Don't fucking try me. I mean it." He spits and I just remain quiet, watching him with aversion. "Now I came in here looking for you. Get your ass back to the party. I want you to meet someone then JC requested you for the rest of the night..." But he drifts of when my eyes light up. Giving me an evil smile he bows his head then looks back up at me. "You do have a thing for him don't you? That's too bad, because I told JC you weren't available tonight since John asked for you first..."

 

"What?!" I belt, my eyes widening in shock. He's lying. Please tell me he's lying. I'm fucking terrified of John.

 

"You heard me. Now come on. We don't want to keep John waiting." Justin snickers, letting me go before he grips my arm and yanks me with him out to the pool.

 

Trying to control the scream that's bubbling in the back of my throat, I allow Justin to drag me out to the mass hysteria that he calls a party.

 

Staggering behind him, I notice JC near the Jacuzzi talking to one of the playboy girls named Simone. When he sees me, he waves at me and I smile sadly for him before he gives me an apologetic stare.

 

Rolling my eyes, I smack into Justin's back when he stops walking suddenly since I wasn't minding my business.

 

Turning to glare at me, Justin pulls me in front of him and it's then that I notice who he wanted me to meet...

 

"Hugh, meet my girl Diane Blossom. Diane, the legendary Hugh Hefner." Justin beams proudly, pushing me towards Mr. Hefner.

 

"Oh my god..." I gasp as I take in the aging man who has a tall curvy woman on each of his arms.

 

"My pleasure Ms. Blossom. I've been longing to meet you." He smiles for me, extending his hands and I quickly shake it, still awe-stricken.

 

Oh my fucking goodness...it's Hugh fucking Hefner! He's the playboy god! Holy shit!

 

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Hefner." I blush despite myself.

 

"Good, so let's get right to it since I have another engagement to be at. You know that I have history with Justin's family. So, I've been talking to Justin during his show tonight and I'd really love it if you did a cover spread for my next Playboy magazine issue. It will be good business for Justin and I'll have his most beautiful girl on my cover." Hugh states and I can't help the huge smile that's on my face.

 

"Really?" I squeal with excitement.

 

"Yes, everything is in place with Justin. I just wanted to tell you the good news myself. He's going to bring you out to my mansion here tomorrow." Hugh says with a shake of his head and god, I'm just speechless. When I don't answer, he chuckles a little pulling his two girls with him. "I'll take that as you're stunned beyond words." He jokes and I giggle before I stare at Justin who has a somewhat genuine smile on his face. God, he really has a beautiful smile but he hardly ever smiles. Maybe he's just being like that for Mr. Hefner.

 

Shaking my head enthusiastically, Hugh lets out a deeply rooted laugh. "Great! Well Diane, I'll see you and Justin tomorrow." He adds before he turns to Justin. "And Justin my boy! Lay off the booze eh!" Hugh pats Justin's shoulders and Justin just chortles in response before they move away from me to say their goodbyes.

 

Well, that was a surprise and certainly unexpected. I'm looking forward to it though. This could be good for me.

 

When I'm left standing alone, I sigh tiredly before I shudder at the thought of John.

 

"Oh god..." I moan, when I realize what's to come...

 

 

 

"Congrats..." Someone whispers from behind me and I jump with fright.

 

Whipping around I'm greeted with a smiling JC. I can feel my heartbeat quicken at how good he looks. He has on a white pair of swimming trunks and his body is dripping wet with water. His beautiful dark blues are shining with curiosity as I continue to eye him interestingly.

 

"How do you know..."

 

"I heard Justin and Hugh talking during the show." He shrugs and I nod my head. "You looked, really good out there tonight. The show was amazing and...and I had fun." He says with a coy smile.

 

"Oh um thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed it." I say nervously, gripping the strings of my bikini bottom idly.

 

"So, uh Justin told me you weren't available tonight and..."

 

"Yeah, I have an appointment with another client unfortunately." I sigh in grief.

 

"Not looking forward to it huh?" JC asks knowingly and I just give him a meek smile. Maybe we shouldn't even be talking like this. It's not business related and it's certainly against the rules...

 

"Listen JC the only way I can see you and should talk to you like this is if..."

 

"I request you." He finishes my sentence and I shake my head.

 

"I'm sorry it's part of Justin's rules. So maybe you should just leave me alone before Justin..."

 

"It's cool." He states, moving some of my hair out of my face. "I'll take my chances." He grins and I grip a lock of hair, twirling it around my fingers. I can't help but blush. He's so sweet. Maybe he's too sweet, but I don't care. I've never had a man watch me the way JC does in a long time. "Go out to dinner with me?" he suggests when I don't respond and I cut my eyes at him in shock.

 

"What...what?" I ask incredulously. Is he looking to get us both murdered?

 

I'm not forgetting what Justin told me earlier. He's capable of anything.

 

"I'll request you for the day. Justin won't mind or think anything of it as long as he gets paid up front. You know it's always money with him." JC spits bitterly and I'm suddenly intrigued by his tone. Wow, am I missing something between those two? I'd really love to know what it is.

 

"Oh well..."

 

"It's ok. I'll make the arrangements alright? I'll be out for the next couple of weeks but as soon as I'm back it's a date ok?" JC smiles for me and I feel a shiver pass through me.

 

Before I can even think to protest I feel my answer slowly slide off my tongue and out my lips... "Ok." I beam.

 

This I know, could possibly be a mistake but I don't give a...

 

 

 

"What's going on here?" Justin interrupts us, walking up to stand next to me.

 

Ugh! Why does he always have such terrible timing?

 

"Nothing man. I was just telling Diane how I thought she did a great show tonight." JC says smoothly, passing his hands through his dark hair.

 

"Oh yeah?" Justin gives JC a challenging stare before he snakes his arms around my waist, pulling me at his side. "You know the rules Josh..."

 

Oh god...

 

Usually, it would be a real turn on if I was between two half-naked gorgeous men...but...this is just a recipe for disaster.

 

"I'm aware of the rules Justin. Look I'm just going to head out. I'll see you when I get back in a few weeks." JC replies, getting ready to leave.

 

"Oh I'll see you when you get back..." Justin arches a brow with a sinister glimmer in his eyes. "We have business to discuss."

 

Inhaling deeply, JC shakes his head in agreement and quickly says ‘bye' before he turns and disappears into the sea of bodies hanging out by the pool at the party.

 

 

"Now ask for you..." Justin looks down at me and I feel my breath hitch in my throat with the venomous stare he's giving me. "I warned you about this and you didn't listen. You really are stupid." He snaps - his tone shaky and acerb. "Come on let's go..." gripping my arm roughly, he drags me away from the party and into his mansion.

 

Trying to keep up with his fast pace, I nearly trip over my heels as he continues to haul me along while he stomps through his home, clearly angry and on edge.

 

"Looks like good ole John will have to live with not seeing you tonight. I'm going to cancel him." Justin mutters, pulling me up the winding staircase with him.

 

"What? Really?" I ask, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. God, can you blame me? The man is at least forty, he has a beer belly and he's balding. Of course I'm going to be happy that Justin is going to cancel.

 

Justin doesn't even bother to respond. He's still pulling me along with him.

 

My happiness doesn't last long when I realize what's going on though. Justin is...he's dragging me down the hall towards his room.

 

Oh no!

 

Halting my steps, Justin jerks forward before he turns to face me. "Why the fuck did you stop walking?"

 

"Why are we..."

 

"I told you Diane. I warned you. You're mine. Now I'm just going to have to teach you the hard way." He shrugs uncaringly, gripping my arm and yanking me forward to walk but I force my arm out of his grasp.

 

"No!" I yell. "Not again. You can't keep doing this Justin! You need help. You're sick!" I scream out, backing away from him in terror when he morphs into deranged Justin right in front of my eyes.

 

"You know, I've so fucking had it with you talking back to me. I give you everything Diane. Everything! And you're still an ungrateful bitch. You had nothing before you met me! Why the fuck don't you appreciate anything I do for you? Huh?" And just like that, his patience snaps as his eyes widen and he begins to heave, bringing his hands up to his head.

 

Reversing, I watch in horror as Justin grips at the little hair he has on his head tugging at it furiously. Oh my god, he's insane!

 

"Get.over.here.now!" he demands, but I shake my head ‘no' turning around to bolt for my room, but he's quicker and before I can comprehend what's going on, he easily hoists me over his shoulder.

 

"Put me down Justin!" I begin kicking and screaming as my arms begin flailing when he turns around heading straight for his room. "Oh god please Justin...I'm sorry. Please put me down!" I belt, hitting his back in the process.

 

"Just shut the fuck up Di! I can't fucking think with you screaming. Shit!"

 

Kicking the doors to his master suite open, he lifts me up from his shoulder and throws me unto the floor.

 

Hitting the ground with a thud, I try to scurry away from him and stand on my feet, but he moves towards me and grips my legs dragging me forward before he slams his door shut.

 

"Stop fucking crying..." he orders when I begin sobbing because he and I both know what's going to happen next.

 

"Don't do this Justin please..." I plead as he's hovering over me still holding my leg up in the air.

 

"I said...Stop fucking crying!" He shouts, twisting my leg in the process and I cry out in pain when I feel a burning sensation shoot through my leg and up my thighs.

 

I instantly quiet down, my body trembling in fright as I grip my aching calf still looking up at him.

 

"I'll fucking teach you Di. I'll teach you to never disobey me again. You're mine do you hear me? Mine! Not anyone else's. Understood?" Justin breathes out.

 

When I don't reply immediately, he drops to his knees and instantly straddles my waist as he shoves me to lie back on the carpet. "You're mine Diane..." He whispers this time, his voice cracking in the process.

 

Nodding my head slowly, I shut my eyes tightly when Justin bends down and places his lips by my ear to whisper his last statement that throws me for a loop. "He can't have you Di. I won't let him have you..."

 

 

 

The Media - Parts 1 & 2 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 5 - The Media

Two Weeks Later...

Part 1

 

It's strange how time changes a lot in a person's life. The buzz about my cover spread for playboy has been crazy these past two weeks. Justin and I have been attending a party almost every night and I've been getting so much media attention it's ridiculous. I actually shot the photos for the spread at Mr. Hefner's mansion the next day after the party. It was a lot of fun too. They had me doing all these poses in this little red bikini on this bed prop they set up with rose petals on the red comforters. The photographer was belting out countless demands on how to pose and honestly, I was afraid he'd burst a blood vessel. All in all it was fun. Justin was somewhere around Hugh's mansion with the playboy bunnies, so, it was good to have him out of my hair for a while.

 

Lucky for me, the night of Justin's party, he didn't go through with what I thought was going to be another abusive session of him beating me up and maybe having sex with me just for the heck of it. Yeah, I'm numb to it. But, you know what he did? After he pinned me down on the floor in his psychotic episode, a few seconds later, he was getting up and pulling me to stand. That was weird. And his eyes...god, they're still haunting me. They were so glassy almost like...I'm not even going to say it. Justin crying is like, like telling a pig to fly, or me admitting to really being a guy. You get what I'm saying? That's just impossible. I don't even know him anymore.

 

After about four years of having to endure him being like this with no explanation, there really isn't much I can do. The Justin I knew when I walked into his establishment with my co-worker over eight years ago was a completely different person. He was actually loving...can you believe that? Where the hell did that person go? I want that guy back. Maybe then I wouldn't be so adamant on plotting his murder. Hmm, I wonder if JC could help me to do it. Ugh, what the hell am I thinking? Courtney needs him. This is too confusing even for me.

 

But, I'm not thinking too much about it. What I am thinking about and have been these last few weeks is what Justin said to me about JC. He knows something that he's not telling me. I really hope JC comes back soon so we can go on that date. I just need a break from this life even if it's just for a day.

 

And what the hell was up with Justin having a gun and shooting at someone during our show? Is he looking to go to jail too? God, I really shouldn't care. But Justin's really been on edge recently. I wish I knew what was going on with him. It's not my fault really. I just have so many things on my mind and no answers to any of my questions. Plus, I really miss my baby. I miss her all the time. If anything, I wish even if it was only for his daughter, Justin would try to clean up his act some. But, that's also something that may never happen in this lifetime...

 

 

 

"Diane where are you? The limo is here..."

 

Sighing, I cast my vision to my bedroom door. This is like a routine with us. He always beckons to me. I honestly don't see why he can't just knock on the damn door like a normal person. I mean really is that too much to ask? Rolling my eyes, I continue with my task at hand...

 

While I'm fixing my hair into a ponytail in front of my large vanity mirror on my dresser, my door swings open. Not bothering to look in his direction, I stand from my sitting position glancing over the skin tight dark jeans and black tight tee I have on. My black heels have added at least three inches to my 5'6 stature. You know, this is rare but I'm actually ok with the person staring back at me right now. I'm not completely disgusted. That's a change. Maybe it has something to do with Mr. Hefner and his endless compliments or the fact that JC is actually interested in me enough to want to go out on a date with me! I miss him. I actually do and we don't even know each other yet. This could be a problem.

 

"I know you heard me Di." Justin breathes out, walking up behind me to stare into the mirror.

 

Diverting my attention to him, I gaze into his crystal blues, my chest tightening at his close proximity. God, I'm just praying he doesn't flip because I decided not to answer him.

 

Giving me a once over, Justin smirks before I notice him bring his cup up to his lips to take a sip of whatever he's drinking. Jesus, why is he always drinking? He drinks all the time, no matter the time of day...

 

"You look..." Pausing, Justin clears his throat, taking off his brown fedora hat to scratch his head in thought. It actually matches the brown shirt and khaki pants he's wearing.

 

Still gazing at him in the mirror, I arch a brow, waiting for him to finish his statement. If he's about to say what I think he is, then I should maybe record this. He hasn't given me a solid compliment in literally years...

 

"You look really..." He drifts off again and this time, I whip around to face him in curiosity.

 

Furrowing his brows at me, he groans inwardly before he creates some space between us still sipping on his drink.

 

"What?" I finally voice, watching how his eyes scan me over as he remains quiet just gulping down what I'm sure is undoubtedly scotch. He better not get drunk. We have an appointment today and he just...better not.

 

Scowling, he rubs his palms over his face before he straightens his posture. "Are you about ready? The limo is here to take us." He states, and I sigh. Well, does an almost compliment count? I guess I could take it.

 

Nodding my head sadly, he walks up to me still burning me with his gaze. "Well let's go. I don't want to be late. I'm taking Bethany and Eve with us." He snaps before he turns around and quickly exits my bedroom leaving me thoroughly dumbfounded.

 

 

"Ugh! Would it kill him to be nice for more than a few seconds?" I belt to no one in particular since I'm alone again. I'm just going to brush off his strange behavior and call it judge.

 

Rushing around my room, I grab a few of my belongings before I quickly exit, dashing down the winding staircase and out the front door where I see Justin, Bethany and Eve waiting by his white stretch limo.

 

Oh just fantastic. With the way Bethany is shooting me her nasty glares, today should really be interesting huh? God, let's hope not. I can't handle more chaos in my life right now...

 

 

****

Hours later...

Hugh Hefner's Mansion...

Las Vegas, Nevada...

 

 

"So tell us Mr. Hefner, what inspired you to choose this lovely young lady who is not a playboy bunny to be your next issue's cover spread?"

 

Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I cross my legs as I continue to stare at the reporter who has her microphone shoved in Mr. Hefner's face. She's so obnoxious and relentless with her nosy questions. The camera guy isn't any different. I'm betting he's zooming in and shit. Humph.

 

We're actually at Hugh's mansion doing an interview with Entertainment News on the cover spread I did. We're out by his pool under the hot sun in the middle of the afternoon doing this. There are playboy bunnies all around the place doing their thing. Some are in the water, others are on the tennis court, and some are in the Jacuzzi...it's just all...overwhelming really.

 

"Well, as you know, Justin and I go back to when his grandfather started this business. I actually helped his grandfather to build this empire and since then it's been passed down the line of Timberlakes until it got to my boy here. We are very close, almost like family. So, when I heard that his business has been doing so well since Miss Blush has made quite a popular name for herself, what better way to celebrate his success than to honor his most beautiful girl in my magazine? I think it's a wonderful partnership that we have and he can even request my girls if he's ever in need..." Hugh jokes and I can't help but giggle. One, he's a smart man to use my stage name. I don't need anyone knowing about my life, especially my parents who I haven't seen in over a decade. It's sad but I don't even know where they are or if they're still alive. Secondly, if Mr. Hefner knew what Justin really was, I think he'd reconsider allowing Justin around any of his girls.

 

Pursing my lips, I glance over at Justin who's trying to seem unaffected by the fact that there're cameras in his face. He doesn't look comfortable at all. He just keeps fidgeting. I wish he'd stop...

 

"That's wonderful Mr. Hefner. Well, we wish this little partnership all the success. From what I've understood, Mr. Timberlake here has been cashing in and his fame has risen to amazing heights since your issue was released a week ago."

 

"Yes, it all happened so quickly, but I'm happy about it." Hugh laughs and the reporter nods her head in agreement flipping back her blonde hair. Her eyes are of this dark blue as she stares at us, fully intrigued with this little interview. God, her eyes remind me of JC's own. Wow, how freaky is that? I guess I have JC on the brain.

 

"And what about you Miss Blush? How do you feel about the new nightclub Justin is opening after you?" She inquires, pointing the microphone in my face. I watch as the cameraman switches his focus on me but...wait...say what?

 

"Huh?" I ask stupefied, just glaring at her stunned.

 

Snapping his head in our direction, Justin narrows his eyes at the reporter. Dear god his gaze if of pure fury. If he knew her he'd probably knock her out or something. "I'm not opening it after her..." He snaps, clearly irritated with the turn this interview has taken.

 

Directing her attention to him, the reporter has a cunning smile on her face as she lifts her microphone higher in the air. "Is that so Mr. Timberlake? Because our sources tell us Miss Blush here was part of your inspiration to..."

 

"Well your sources are full of shit..." he interrupts, standing abruptly. "Listen, I have somewhere else I need to be. Is this almost over?" He asks snottily and I already know he's pissed. Holding my hand, he pulls me up with him and Hugh instantly follows suit. "Hugh I'm sorry but..."

 

"It's ok Justin. If you have somewhere else to be that's fine. I'm sure they've gotten all they need." Hugh waves his hands dismissively, nodding his head in understanding.

 

"Uh, I guess we have." The reporter smiles while signaling for the cameraman to stop filming.

 

And I'm still just there speechless as ever. I didn't even know Justin was opening a nightclub. I guess he wants to expand his business but...

 

 

 

"Now, you listen to me you little...bitch..." Justin lets me go and walks over to the reporter who's putting her papers and equipment away. All I can do is watch in horror as he hovers over her short frame, glaring at her intently. The cameraman is just standing there in shock, his camera long turned off and resting on the floor. Oh god...

 

"The next time you decide to let my shit out in the open without my consent, watch yourself. I'm warning you. I don't appreciate you nosey fuckers all up in my grill understood?" Justin snaps, though I have to give him credit that he's controlling his temper really well.

 

"Justin! Relax; I'm sure she meant no harm." Hugh interrupts, placing his hands on Justin's shoulder.

 

The woman is just standing there, speechless, with terror in her eyes. Yeah, as she should be. She's lucky Justin doesn't know her personally else he'd probably rip her out for what she just did.

 

Breathing deeply, Justin backs away from her. "I hate when people do that shit. It's not meant for the public to know until I have everything settled." He sneers, looking over at Hugh who's nodding and studying him intently.

 

"I'm sure she'll cut it out of her segment. Won't you Edwina." Hugh gives her a knowing glare and she quickly grabs her belongings getting ready to leave.

 

"Of course I will. I...I'm sorry Mr. Timberlake. I understand that you value your privacy and I'm sorry for prying. We'll cut the last part out." She apologizes. Ugh, what a pushover. I was sort of hoping they had caught Justin's little outburst on tape. Oh well, maybe next time.

 

"You should be sorry. Inquisitive little..." He hisses, grabbing my arm again and calling out to Bethany and Eve who are on the tennis court with some of the other girls. "Just forget about it. We're leaving." He enforces, before he instructs me to follow him.

 

I give Edwina an apologetic stare and she just smiles weakly for me. I swear Justin terrifies everyone. He's such a goddamn monster.

 

"I'll see you soon Hugh. Thanks again for everything." Justin gives Hugh a tight smile and a wave as he continues his retreat.

 

"It's nothing. Call me soon! We'll do Lunch at the club and discuss some business!" Hugh calls out to us, waving goodbye before he diverts his attention back to the reporter and her cameraman who are still packing up their equipment.

 

 

 

Finally reaching Bethany and Eve, Justin tells them to go wait in the ride and that he'd be right along. When I move to follow them, he stops me, flipping me around to face him. I should have expected this. I haven't exactly said much since this interview started except answer their questions about how I felt about everything. That was about it. The rest was centralized on Justin and Mr. Hefner.

 

"Why are you so quiet?" Justin inquires, arching a brow at me suspiciously.

 

"I...I...didn't have anything to say." I shrug and he just rolls his eyes.

 

"And you think all the time that you flap your trap you do? Really Diane." He chides and I just cut my eyes at him. He's so disrespectful sometimes. "Just, don't ask me anything about what that bitch said. I'll tell you girls what's going on when everything is in order and finalized. Understood?"

 

"Yes master." I mock but, he just pushes me forward to walk. As we make it out to the driveway where his limo is waiting, he opts to finally say something.

 

"Don't get smart with me Diane. Don't fucking push my buttons today." Justin warns. "We're going home." He enforces, dragging me along with him to enter the limo so his driver can take us back to his mansion.

 

I should have known he didn't have any other engagement. He just wanted to get away from Edwina.

 

Well, whatever. I really don't care about any of that. I'm just thinking about my baby. That's all I do anyway. I know Rachel is taking good care of her but I really miss her.

 

I'm wondering when JC returns if I can convince him to take me to see her. I know he and Rachel won't tell Justin, so I should really consider this. But, in the mean time, I'm just going to remain quiet. This is the best mood Justin has been in since forever. He's still harsh but, he's not acting crazy so I'm not about to do anything to change that.

 

Part 2

Continued...

 

****

Hours later...

Justin's Estate...

Las Vegas, Nevada...

 

 

So, it's been a pretty decent day. And, I've steered clear of Justin for most of the day. After we got home from the interview, he's been around the house doing god knows what. The last time I saw him, he was in his game room with Jacob who's actually a tall, dark, African American man and Ronnie who's like a Justin clone, playing pool. Ronnie idolizes Justin. It's a little unnerving. He wears the fedora hats and everything. I don't blame the kid. He's only nineteen. I'm not sure where Justin got him and why he has him hanging around so much but they seem cool with each other. Whatever it is, that's their issue.

 

I've been lying on my bed for the past hour just staring at the ceiling in thought. Eve, who's a dirty blonde with green eyes, actually came in here to invite me to go out shopping with her and some of the other girls. They were going to head out to buy some new costumes and outfits for the shows and their performances. Of course, Justin said I couldn't go. He's such an asshole.

 

I think I'm the only girl who he has on such a short leash. I mean really, did he think I'd run away or something? Ok, maybe I might have tried that but only if I had Courtney with me which I don't. He's an asshole.

 

Since I have nothing else to do because Justin cancelled all appointments today as a result of the interview we had to do, I'm just here...bored out of my mind. I shouldn't be though. This place has tons of activities to keep me occupied, but, I'm just not feeling to do anything. I just want Courtney here with me. She's supposed to start school soon. I really want her to, but, what the hell am I supposed to do about her then? I don't feel like having this conversation with Justin either. He'd probably just bitch about it like he does for everything else. Shit...

 

 

 

Seating up on the bed when I hear a knock on the door, I watch intently as it eases open and Justin struts in with two glasses in hand.

 

Uh ok?

 

"Hey..."

 

"Uh hi?" I respond, sitting at the edge of the bed and eyeing him closely. He actually knocked? What the hell?

 

"I brought this for you." Justin shrugs, handing me one of the glasses in his hand.

 

Hesitantly taking the item from his grasp, I stare down at it before I take a sip. Cringing when the alcohol burns the back of my throat, I cough a bit hearing him chuckling in the process.

 

"Not much of a drinker huh?" he muses, downing his glass in one gulp.

 

"What the hell is this?" I inquire, placing the glass down on the nightstand.

 

"Scotch on the rocks."

 

"I should have known."

 

Ignoring my smart remark, he takes a seat next to me darting his eyes around the room.

 

"Ok Justin...what the hell is your problem?" I enquire, hoping that he doesn't get angry or anything. He's doing really well with just being normal for once. Well, as normal as he can get.

 

Turning to face me, he scoffs. Resting his empty glass down, he stretches his limbs before he lets himself go, lying down on his back on my bed with is hand behind his head. "JC's coming back in a few days..." he explains. So his current mood swap has to do with JC? Hmm this is interesting. I'm starting to think JC has a major effect on him. "He's...he's requested you for an..." Clearing his throat, he shifts on the bed trying to get more comfortable.

 

"What is it?" I'm holding my breath here. Jesus, just spit it out already!

 

"Don't fuck with me Di. I'm fucking getting to it, give me a fucking break!" Justin belts and I instantly shut my mouth. "Anyway, he requested you for...an entire week..." Justin chokes out the last part and somehow I don't think he's pleased with this. "Look, usually that's not even fucking possible and I'd never allow that but...he...he is an old friend and shit..." Seating up to face me, his blues connect to my browns and this is the first time I've seen any other emotion other than anger shining through those beautiful orbs. He looks weary, worried even. This is really eating him up.

 

But oh my god! JC is amazing if this is true and god...I love him for this. Wait, when did this happen?

 

"You mean..."

 

"I mean Diane; you're going to be off the fucking market for an entire week while JC has his fun with you. I honestly didn't want to do this but he fucking coughed up all the money on the spot. I don't even want to know where the fuck he got it from. Look, it's just business. He knows the only way he can see you is through me so he's wise about doing it this way. I just thought I'd let you know..." Shrugging, Justin stretches over and grabs my full glass downing my drink in the process. He's really on edge today. But I don't understand. I thought he'd be ecstatic that he's doing so well and cashing in with me.

 

Wiping at his mouth, he cuts his eyes at me since I'm still so silent. I can't help it. I'm trying to suppress the shriek of excitement that's threatening to spill from my lips. I don't need him morphing into his psychotic self.

 

"I fucking know you like him Di. It's written all over your face." Justin sighs dejectedly. "Just don't let him put anything in your head. Get the fucking job done whenever he comes to pick you up and that's it. Don't mess with him Di and don't fucking believe shit he tells you."

 

"But why..."

 

"God what is with you!? Just do what I fucking say! Stop asking so many questions goddamn it!" He yells coarsely. Standing on his feet, Justin instantly begins to pace and please god...tell me he's not changing back already.

 

Calculating the quickest escape root out of my room incase he decides to take his anger out on me, I quickly stand since his back is facing me.

 

Unfortunately, I stop dead in my tracks when his next statement takes me off guard.

 

"I don't want you to do it." Justin voices, his tone soft and shaky.

 

Frowning, I stare at his t-shirt clad back trying to figure out if this is a joke.

 

 

 

Whipping around to face me, he opens his mouth to say something else but instantly snaps it shut when he sees how close I am to the door. "And where the fuck are you going?" he hisses, walking up to me and gripping my arm roughly.

 

"I...I was..."

 

"You were nothing..." He interjects, pulling me further into the room and pushing me to take a sit in front of my dresser. Swallowing hard, I can feel my heartbeat increase as I stare at him through the mirror. I have no idea what he's about to do and...

 

"I got something for you." Justin interrupts my thoughts before I see him digging into his jeans pockets and oh my god, please don't kill me!

 

Gasping when he pulls out something from his pocket, I shut my eyes tightly expecting the worse. I can't help it. He terrifies the shit out of me.

 

My eyes instantly shoot open when I feel a cold item being pressed against my neck...

 

Blinking rapidly, my vision zooms in on what he's doing through the mirror. "Oh my god..." I gasp in awe as I stare at a gold chain with a heart shaped diamond pendent. What.the.fuck!?

 

"There, perfect fit." He beams, pulling me to stand and face him. He's searching my eyes for some type of reaction and I think I just spaced out...

 

Bringing my fingertips up to the item, I toy with it still just gazing into his blues. Well, they're still emotionless, but, at least his gaze is somewhat softer. Groaning, he grips my chin and lifts my head up slightly. Grunting, he exhales loudly before he passes his free hand through his hair in frustration. He's really not used to this. He's certainly forgotten how to be a decent human being, but I'll give him a C for effort.

 

 

Yo, What's Up Baby
I Can't Even Believe I'm 'Bout To Tell You This But
It's Like Ever Since I've Been With You
Things Ya Know Been Changing
Parts Of Me Been Dyin' And,
I Just Wanna Tell You 'Bout It...

 

 

"Do not, under any circumstances let anyone...and I mean anyone Diane...know that I got this for you else, I swear to god..." But, I cut him off when a giggle escapes my lips. I like this Justin. I hope he sticks around for a while. Arching a brow at me, he blows out air before his lips twitch into a light smile and just...wow. This is also new. He never smiles. Not ever. "God, don't fucking rub it in." he snaps and I quickly shake my head ‘no', still smiling brightly. I can't help it. I never thought I'd see the day where he'd be able to hold his temper down this long.

 

Rolling his eyes, he chortles a little uneasily. "For what it's worth and I know it's not worth shit, but, you looked really nice today." He shrugs, letting my chin go. I'm tempted to ask why he got me this necklace but I'm still fearful. He could morph at any minute. He's had these moments with me before. I've come to learn that it doesn't change anything. He'll be back to his old self in no time. Still, I should maybe enjoy this for as long as it lasts.

 

"Thank you." I whisper still playing with the chain.

 

"I should leave before this gets any weirder..." he jokes, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Just...don't tell anyone." He spits out forcefully.

 

When he moves around me to leave, I quickly rush up to him gripping his arm to stop him. What the hell am I doing? My thoughts are all jumbled up and even though I notice the death glare he's giving me since I had the guts to put my hands on him, I'm ignoring it. I can see a hint of anger flashing in his eyes when I don't let go, but I'm ignoring that too.

 

Instead, against my better judgment, I lean up and crash my lips unto his own feeling his body go rigid under my touch.

 

Shit, maybe I shouldn't have done that. Before I can muster up any common sense to pull away, Justin finally exhales deeply, relaxing against me.

 

 

Lately I Feel Like I Been Slippin'
And It's You That Got Me Trippin'
Because I Can't Control Myself When I'm Around You, Oh
With Any Other I Would've Been Done
Loved Her, Left Her, Next One
But I Just Can't Shake You Off...

 

Sighing into the kiss, he snakes his arms around my waist, pulling me against his chest and god, what.the.hell.am.I.doing? This is the same man who...who has hurt me so many times and just...god I can't do this. I hate him. I fucking despise him for everything he's done to me. No...I need to...I need to...oh god.

 

Moaning when his tongue slides in, battling with mine, I know I'm most certainly gone. There's no turning back now. I'm so stupid. You're so stupid Diane! But jesus, he hasn't touched me like that in years. He...he's never gentle. Not ever and...and now, just feeling his hands gripping my waist, squeezing softly, sends shivers down my spine and raises all these emotions in me and just...ugh! It's not fair!

 

Snaking my arms around his neck, Justin suddenly breaks our lip-lock pulling his head back to stare at me. I hold my breath when I see his eyes widen, but before I can voice my thoughts, he leans down and captures my lips again in an intense kiss. It's fierce and forceful and practically knocks the wind out of my lungs. Pulling me towards the foot of my king-size bed covered in a leopard spotted comforter, he lets himself go, taking me with him - kicking off his shoes in the process. Squealing, I lift my head to stare at him as I straddle his waist and his hands begin exploring, groping at me through my thin, silk, navy blue nightgown.

 

"Justin what..."

 

"Shut up." He snaps, bringing his hand up to the strap of my gown to push it off my shoulder.

 

"But..."

 

"Shut the fuck up Di!" He hisses, flipping us over so he's now on top. Hovering, he just smirks at me before he continues his task at hand of undressing me.

 

Biting the corners of my mouth, I watch him intently as he helps me to take off my garments until I'm down to well...nothing.

 

Sucking his lips between his teeth, his eyes roam over my naked frame as he pushes up to tug his black t-shirt off his body. Usually, I never help him to do anything when it comes to this because he's always so rigorous and crude but...

 

Lifting my hands, I hesitantly help him to undo his jeans button. Freezing mid-task, he cocks his head to the side just glaring at me. God I really want to ask him why he's being this way but I don't want to spoil this. When he doesn't make any attempt to stop me, I continue to help him undress by pulling down the zipper of his jeans.

 

 

 

He quickly shimmies out of his clothes in record time before he resumes his position on top of me. Did I mention I'm holding my breath right now? Because I am. I can't even fathom what's going on right now.

 

"Di..." Justin sighs, burying his head in the crook of my neck. Inhaling deeply, I feel him shudder against me before he places light kisses on my collarbone and works his way up to the flesh of my neck.

 

And I'm still holding my breath...

 

God, but his kisses feel so good. They never...he never...shit. Against my will, I let out a soft moan which causes him to increase the pressure of the suction he has on me as I feel his thick, throbbing member poking at my inner thighs.

 

"Oh god..." I heave, my heart pounding out of my chest. I'm not supposed to be enjoying this. I'm not...

 

Gripping my waist tightly, one of his hands dives to my center and he flicks his fingertips over my folds feeling my moistness. That single touch alone sets fireworks off in my body and I instantly arch my back off the soft mattress, feeling my breasts rub against his bare, firm chest.

 

 

"Shit, Diane I..." Trailing off, Justin lifts his head to look at me, his eyes glassy and glazed over with lust.


Cuz you got it all girl.
The body of a call girl.
With a mind of a teacher.
That's why I need ya.
(Yeah, yeah)
I gotta let you know...

 

Subconsciously wrapping my legs around his slender waist, he leans down to place a soft kiss on my lips before he positions his self at my entrance and holy shit my body is really betraying me right now. Why the hell am I enjoying this? He's done nothing but physically, mentally and emotionally scar me and I can't let that slide. I just can't...

 

"Oh my god!" I gasp when Justin begins sliding his way in, stretching my walls with his size, eliciting a deeply rooted moan from me.

 

"Shit..." He hisses, dropping his head to rest between the groove of my breasts, kissing me there as he continues to slide in.

 

Uh, I swear I can't remember the last time that felt this good. Damn it! I hate him so much right now. He's not supposed to make me throw all inhabitations to the wind like this...but ugh, he feels so fucking amazing.

 

Grabbing his shoulders for support, I arch my back off the bed as he wraps his arms around my back, instantly setting his pace...

 

"Shit...this...is...fucking...insane..." Justin mutters through each thrust and I couldn't have said it better myself, but, I don't think we're on the same wave length here.

 

All I can really do right now is brace myself as he continues to work me, pulling out and pushing back into me with his Herculean thrusts.

 

"Ugh god!" I belt, feeling my walls constrict around him, milking him as he continues to pound into me, fucking me skillfully and hitting my spot with each thrust.

 

"Shit, shit, shit..." Justin mumbles emphatically as he picks up his pace, slamming into me vigorously at a rapid rate.

 

God, I can already feel the tingling sensations of my orgasm building, something I haven't felt in a while. Usually, when he's rough with me, I'd always cum violently and suddenly since he always hits my most sensitive spot but this, this is different. I...I can actually feel it building in my system and it just feel so freaking spectacular.

 

Gazing up at Justin, I watch intently as his face creases into a frown and beads of sweat form on his gorgeous body. He's biting on his bottom lip softly in concentration, the intensity of his hip movements never once faltering. Matching his rhythm, I snake my hands through his hair and he instantly locks eyes with me.

 

Blinking rapidly, he slows down his speed significantly before he breathes heavily, dropping his head to rest in my full head of brown curls, his lips grazing my earlobe gently as he massages my side with his fingers. "I...I can't keep fucking doing this..." he whispers feebly and even though I'm not sure what the hell he's talking about, I think my heart just stopped from the tone of his voice...

 

Girl, the pimp in me just died.
(Died) Died. (Died) Died.
When I look into your eyes.
(Eyes) Your eyes.
(Eyes) Your eyes.
(You don't know how hard I tried)
Mature you.
Not chill with you.
Not to mess with you no more.
Girl, the pimp in me just died.
(Died) It died. (It died) Died, oh...

 

"Justin..." I pant, when I feel my stomach tighten and my walls begin to constrict.

 

"Fuck Di..." he grunts, gripping my legs and pushing them higher around his waist as he continues moving inside of me...

 

Groaning loudly, Justin shuts his eyes tightly when I continue to choke him with how bad my walls are contracting involuntarily around him.

 

My mouth drops open suddenly when I feel a dull wave of pleasure ripple through me before I see stars. "goddd..." I scream out, gripping him tightly when I begin jerking and shaking as my orgasm washes over me, my body trembling like an earthquake.

 

Giving a few more powerful thrusts, Justin finally lets go, shooting his warmth deep inside of me coating my walls, his breathing erratic as he growls from the magnitude of his orgasm.

 

Gasping for air, he leans down to kiss me, still moving inside of me as we both try to calm our agile heart rates.

 

Snaking my arms around his back, I hold him tightly, still heaving when he leans down to suck on my nipples lightly before his movements slow to a stop, his nimble fingers tracing light patterns over my sides...

 

It ain't no use in me faking.
Here goes my heart girl, take it.
Do what you wanna do but please don't play me out.
Just understand what you have got here.
I'm the realist you gone find here.
I know you hear this all the time.
Me wearing my heart, it's on the line...

 

Cuz you got it all girl.
The body of a call girl. (Ohh)
With a mind of a teacher. (Teacher)
That's why I need ya. (Need ya)
I gotta let you know. (I gotta let you know baby)...

 

"Shit Di...fuck!" Justin sneers, passing his hands over his face before he props himself up on his elbows still eyeing me. "Goddamn it!" Sliding out, he rolls off of me to lie on his back causing me to whimper from the loss of contact.

 

Still trying to catch my breath, I remain still, listening as his breathing evens out. "What the fuck am I doing?" he utters while staring at the ceiling, but I'm still mute, too shocked to really say anything.

 

I still can't believe what just happened...

 

Rolling over unto my side, I stare at him interestingly as he turns to glare at me with a displeased pout on his face.

 

Girl, the pimp in me just died.
(Died) Died. (Died) Died.
When I look into your eyes.
(Eyes) Your eyes.
(Eyes) Your eyes.
(You don't know how hard I tried)
Mature you.
Not chill with you.
Not to mess with you no more.
Girl, the pimp in me just died.
(Died) It died. (It died) Died, oh.

 

 

Awe, he's cute. Reaching out to touch him, I feel my hand tremble a bit before my palm rests flat on his abs. It's not intentional but I'm still on pins and needles with him. Let's not forget he's still Justin. A person doesn't change overnight as much as I wish he did. Maybe he's just having a weak moment or he's conflicted. I do know his other self will certainly show up again. All you have to do is piss him off and all hell breaks loose.

 

Sucking in air, Justin grips my hand tightly pulling me towards him, but, he ceases all actions when we hear what sounds like a loud bang from somewhere downstairs.

 

"What was that?" I finally whisper, my voice strained and groggy.

 

Frowning, Justin shoots out of bed grabbing his discarded clothes.

 

"Justin..."

 

"Shhh." He silences me, slipping on his black boxers and then jeans. Throwing on his shoes, he scratches at his bare chest before we hear another loud thump. "Fuck..." he hisses, ambling to my room door.

 

"Just..."

 

"Stay put Diane." He cuts me off.

 

"But..."

 

"Why don't you ever fucking listen to me? Stay the fuck here Di. I'll be back." He snaps, swinging my door open...

 

Baby I'm ready. (Ready)
To give up the game, can't play no more. (No more)
Do you think you're ready? (Ohh)
Don't you say yes unless you're sure.
Many have tried to bring me down. (Baby)
But I'm choosing you girl. (But I'm choosing you girl)
To ride with forever, that's a long time. (That's a long time, baby)


 

It's not long before I hear some of the girls downstairs yelling and shouting out profanities. Then, then I pick up on Jacob's voice. He seems to be calling out to Ronnie ordering him to stop doing something or other.

 

That's as much as I pick up on before Justin swiftly exits my room, slamming the door shut behind him.

 

Flopping back down on my bed, I pull the comforters over my naked body, too winded to even bother to eavesdrop on what the disturbance is about.

 

I still can't believe this. Justin he...he was so...calm and mostly gentle and god, is it possible to fall in love with him all over again after everything he's done? I'm not sure. I'm so fucking confused. This doesn't change anything. Or, maybe it changes everything. No, no it don't change anything...

 

Bringing my hands up to the necklace Justin placed around my neck earlier, I can't help the light smile that's tugging in the corners of my mouth. If this is his way of starting to apologize and make up for everything he's done, then it's a good start but he has a hell of a lot more to do. Because, despite this distinct encounter, I still want out of this life, no questions asked. And I'm determined to find one, not just for me but for my...our... precious baby girl...

 

 

****

 

 

Drawing his gun out of a draw in his hallway, Justin jogs down his stairs to the scene that's taking place at the entrance of his home.

 

"What the fuck! Is this?" He hisses, his eyes blazing and breathing shot as he lifts his revolver up to the face of his intruder who's standing there holding Ronnie in a choke hold. "Let him go." Justin barks, trying to suppress his urge to just shoot the bastard. "Now!" He yells, pulling back the safety on the gun and pressing his thumb against the trigger.

 

A few of his girls remain silent, just watching in horror as the confrontation unfolds in front of them. The other man has a gun of his own tucked snuggly in the waistband of his jeans and Justin knows that he could draw it out at any minute.

 

"Justin calm down, you don't want his blood on your hands..." Jacob whispers behind him, but, Justin just shakes his head ignoring him.

 

"He's right Justin. I just came to talk." The man smiles patronizingly before he lets go his hold on Ronnie. Coughing vigorously and gasping for air, Ronnie quickly moves out of the way.

 

Raising his hands in defeat, the man pulls out his gun, resting it on a nearby table as a sign of surrender.

 

"I have nothing to talk about with a lowlife like you." Justin spits furiously, cocking his head to the side, still staring at his target maliciously. "How the fuck did you get past security?" Justin asks curiously, his aim relentless. He's actually praying for the guy to give him a reason to pull the trigger.

 

"Listen Justin..."

 

"No you listen to me you asshole. The next time you send one of your boys to try and discuss business with me at my fucking establishment during one of my shows, keep in mind that they'll be coming back to you in a body bag. Don't fuck with me." Justin cracks out condescendingly to his adversary.

 

"Don't you even what to know why I'm here?" The man inquires irritably.

 

"No Grant. I want you off my fucking property now!" Justin demands, his tone sharp as he eyes the tall, brown-eyed, auburn-haired man.

 

"Listen to me Justin..." Taking a step forward, Grant instantly stops when Justin eyes widen and his nostrils begin to flare.

 

Sighing, he passes his hands through his short hair in annoyance. "You've seen JC since he came to town haven't you?" Grant enquires knowingly.

 

Justin's curiousity peeks at the mention of JC and he instantly drops his hands to his side, inhaling sharply. "This shit is about JC? Are you fucking shitting me? You had one of your fucking pussy bastards show up at my business because of JC?!" Justin yells exasperatingly. "Goddamn it, what's he into now?" Justin mutters, clenching his fists before he replaces the safety on his gun. "Look Grant..." But Grant cuts him off.

 

"The only reason I knew he was in town was from some media footage that I saw from your annual party that you throw every year. He was talking to that girl of yours...Veronica something..." Grant shrugs.

 

"Yeah I got it." Justin snaps. "So why the fuck are you really here Grant? I nearly fucking shot your ass." Justin explains, relaxing a bit. "I had no idea what to expect with you showing up here. You know I'm not in your shit anymore..." Justin says matter-of-fact and Grant nods his head in understanding.

 

"We're past that Justin. I came to ask you how I can get in touch with your friend..."

 

"Well..." Scratching his head in thought, Justin locks eyes with Ronnie and Jacob who are staring at him fully intrigued by their conversation. "He's not here now. I don't know where the fuck he is, but he'll be back in a few days. I'll tell him you're looking for him, because he and I have some business to discuss." Justin states. "Look, I don't even want to fucking know what's going on. I'll pass your message. Just get the fuck off my property before I change my mind and decide to wound your ass for trespassing." Justin snarls and Grant simply shakes his head, grabbing his discarded gun.

 

"Make sure you..."

 

"I'm no fucking messenger Grant. I said I'll pass your fucking message. Get.the.fuck.out.now!" Justin belts, his face reddening slightly.

 

Without another word, Grant shrugs uncaringly, smirking at Justin. Casually turning on his heel, he walks out of the house and unto the porch before Justin slams the door shut, locking it in the process.

 

Still staring at the wooden barrier, Justin takes a few deep breaths before he flips around to face all the curious faces and questionable glares. "Girls, shouldn't you all be getting back to what ever feminine shit you all were doing?" His voice booms and they quickly file out, dispersing through the spacious mansion, leaving Justin alone with his two friends.

 

"Ok, who the fuck buzzed the asshole in?" Justin asks, arching a brow at Jacob and Ronnie.

 

"Uh...it...it was me?" Ronnie stutters when Justin shoots him a death glare.

 

"You are one stupid kid. What possessed you to do such a thing?"

 

"He said he had an important message to pass and..."

 

"And you let him in? Fuck Ronnie! What if his message was to fucking kill us off or some shit! You never do shit like that. Are you retarded?" Justin shouts, lifting his hands up to his head, using the cold rim of the gun to rub at his temple.

 

"Justin it wasn't his fault." Jacob tries to reason but Justin shakes his head in protest.

 

"No, he's just stupid." Justin retorts, walking up to the slightly shorter teenager. "Don't pull shit like that again else I'll fucking cop you myself Ron. Is that clear?"

 

Replying with an immediate ‘yes' and a bit petrified of what Justin might do to him, Ronnie backs up under Justin's intense gaze.

 

"You're lucky I like you kid." Justin laughs lowly, walking around the young man, smacking the back of his head in annoyance before he begins his journey towards the stairs connecting to the second floor of his home.

 

Gripping his head in pain, Ronnie casts his vision to the marbled floor in shame before Jacob pats his back, laughing at his expense.

 

"No fucking body...And I mean no one better interrupt me for the rest of the night. You guys know your way out, you're no strangers." Justin adds, ambling up his stairs and away from the small crowd.

 

Finally making it to the top, he stops abruptly, his eyes darting between his room door and...hers...Diane.

 

He shouldn't go in there. He had a moment of weakness. It wasn't going to happen again. But god, the look in her eyes and just...

 

Swallowing hard, Justin rests his gun down on the hallway table, contemplating on his next move.

 

Rubbing at his exposed chest, he groans apprehensively when he remembers the events that took place earlier.

 

Against his will and right frame of mind, he sighs loudly before he fights off his demons, mindlessly walking towards her room and stopping at the door for a few brief seconds before he twists the knob and swings it open...

 

 

Girl, the pimp in me just died.
When I look into your eyes.
(You don't know how hard I tried)
Mature you.
Not chill with you.
Not to mess with you no more.
Girl, the pimp in me just died.
(Died) It died. ...

 

 

****

 

Song Credits: Pimp in me by J. holiday

 

 

The Meeting(s) by d_simplicity

 

 

Chapter 6 - The Meeting(s)

One Week Later...

 

Justin's Establishment...

Las Vegas, Nevada...

 

He sits patiently on his large black leather chair darting his eyes around the spacious room...

 

He feels conflicted. He's been developing emotions and feelings he thought were long dead just like his past. He doesn't like the idea of them resurfacing. He isn't planning on having a replay of a time in his life that he honestly will never get over. He'll be damned if anything remotely close to what he's experienced all those years ago happens again. He harbors so much hatred, anger and resentment that most times his thoughts are always clouded over and all he ever sees is red. But, this is who he is now. He's used to it now. At least he thought he was...

 

 

Until, she stepped into his life. He thought she was just going be another one - another one of ‘his girls'. But, he was so wrong. He was so stupid. He should have just left her alone the moment he laid eyes on her. The truth was he noticed her the moment she walked through those doors of his establishment from where he sat in V.I.P all those years ago.

 

It wasn't difficult to pick her out in the audience either when he stepped unto the stage to make his speech. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. He knew she was different and he despised that feeling. She was like a magnet that literally drew him in. The only problem was she pulled him in for all the wrong reasons. His instant attraction towards her was based off everything negative. But, he couldn't let it go. He had to find out who she was. So, he did something he never did since he started managing his business. He went into the crowd and found her sitting at the bar with who he assumed was her friend and some nameless guy...

 

"What's your name beautiful?" was the first thing he ever said to her and she blushed. He thought it was semi-cute because he hardly ever had pleasant thoughts. That alone was a warning signal for him to walk away but he ignored it.

 

"It's uh...um Di - Di - Diane." She stuttered and that was all it took. At that exact moment in time, he didn't care anymore. He had to have her...

 

 

Now, almost ten years later, he's not so sure he made a wise decision for many reasons he has no intention of thinking about presently. But one thing is certain. He'll never allow his self to be weak again around her. He's aware that it has something to do with the fact that she's interested in his friend. He realizes it's the first time his authority feels threatened. He knows it's the first time she'll hang on another person's word besides his own. He can't let that happen. He won't allow that to happen. He can't lose her. Not when he's so confused with how she presently fits into his life...

 

 

 

"Justin."

 

Snapping his head up, Justin instantly rises from his sitting position in his office on the second floor of his business down in the heart of Las Vegas. It's late Friday afternoon. That means he has a show to oversee later tonight. He needs to get this over with as soon as possible because the girls will be arriving soon to set up and prepare for tonight's events.

 

Locking eyes with a pair of familiar blues that mirror the same type of emotions his hold, he ushers the person to take a seat.

 

Reclaiming his place, Justin stares down at his cup that's filled to the brim with scotch and coke. As ridiculous as it sounds, this is his soothing remedy. He feels at ease and every tense muscle in his body relaxes the moment he takes a sip from that cup. He knows that he might have a drinking problem, but he's not going to verbally admit it.

 

Fixing his white fedora hat on his head that matches the white buttoned down shirt and dark jeans he's wearing, he rests back in his seat, eyeing his associate and now friend closely.

 

"JC..." Justin acknowledges the older man with a nod of his head.

 

Sighing heavily, JC takes in his surroundings - tinted glass walls, plush leather couches, artificial plants, large mahogany vanished desk, plasma screen television possibly connected to surveillance cameras and one very irritated individual.

 

"Let's get this over with." JC voices while straightening his posture and tugging on his grey t-shirt.

 

"Why don't you start by telling me why you really came back other than the business we have? I know that's not the only reason and it's not to visit friends and family like you claimed Joshua." Justin explains and JC nods in agreement.

 

"You're right. I sort of need your help." JC admits but Justin isn't surprised.

 

"Does it have anything to do with Grant?" Justin inquires knowingly, noting how JC's orbs widen.

 

"What? Who told you...?"

 

"He showed up at my fucking estate. What the fuck is going on Josh?" Justin hisses, leaning over his desk to glare at JC.

 

"Wh...what did he say?" JC inquires nervously.

 

Arching a brow, Justin scoffs while resting back in his seat and folding his arms across his firm chest. "Not much except that he's looking for you. Oh and he sent one of his lackeys to my establishment during my big show the night of my annual party. I had no idea it had anything to do with you. The guy was hounding me and asking all these questions about if I knew of any trades taking place and that Grant needed to know if I did. I nearly shot the poor bastard. What the fuck are you into now Josh? I swear I'm not getting mixed up in your shit. You know I'm not in that anymore. The last time that happened..."

 

"We almost got killed." JC breathes out, finishing Justin's sentence.

 

"No shit."

 

"Look, Grant isn't pleased with the new shipment I brought in for him. He says they're not top class or of good quality and he wants his money back but everything was settled with the traders so he can't...he can't get back what he paid in full. He doesn't want to hear it so he's been threatening me and..."

 

"Wait; let me get this shit straight." Justin interrupts him, taking a large gulp of his drink before he places the cup down. "You're telling me, the same thing that you claimed to walk away from all those years ago after our close encounters - you're right back in it? Dealing and trading? Are you fucking nuts man?" Justin snaps, his voice rising slightly. "Grant could fucking kill you for this shit. You know how he gets." Justin says matter-of-fact and JC cringes.

 

"I know that's why I need your help."

 

Sighing, Justin bows his head in thought before he looks back up at JC. "Josh, I can't. I'm not going to put myself or my girls in danger over this shit. I vowed to never get into this thing again. You can't seriously be asking me to help you with your fucking shipments." Justin sneers, a scowl plastered on his smooth features.

 

"It's just about getting better merchandise Justin. You're well established now. It's not like before. You can get your hands on the necessities easily now. You have ranks and can pull strings, you know that." JC furrows his brows at his friend, wondering why he's so hesitant. The Justin he knew back in the day would jump at the opportunity of cashing in from these big projects.

 

"Merchandise? Is that what you call it now? Shit Josh. You're fucked up you know that?" Justin chortles lowly but he's still skeptic.

 

"Look, if you can help me with this Grant issue then I promise I won't ask you for any other favors." JC assures.

 

Thinking it over for a while and knowing how JC is part of the reason why he's even still breathing, Justin reluctantly shakes his head letting out a groan of displeasure. He doesn't want to do this. His views are different now and he doesn't want any part of that life. His life is already fucked up enough as it is. "You're so fucking lucky this isn't drugs else I'd tell you to take a hike. But, just this once JC and you are to let no one know I'm helping you. If word gets out that I'm even partly involved, you're on your own." Justin enforces and JC nods his head immediately.

 

"Ok, now the reason why we are here. You know I called you about this new club I'm opening. Since you already have your own chain of nightclubs in Europe, I thought you'd be a good ally in helping me get this business off the ground. I mean it's obviously going to be different. So, I need the rundown on how to make this shit successful." Justin explains, pulling out a folder with his business plan from his desk draw.

 

"You know I'm game man. Plus, if you get me out of this bind with Grant, I'll owe you one. I'll give you all the knowledge you need to do this right. The fact that you've already made a name for yourself, it should be easy to do." JC explains.

 

"Sweet, so here is the business plan. You can take it and look it over then get back to me. We really need to make this quick. My girls are coming in soon and I need to get ready for our show later." Justin states while handing JC the folder of papers.

 

 

 

Taking the item from Justin's grasp, JC quickly scans it over as a thought passes through his mind. "So is it true?" JC asks, still reading over the business plan thoroughly.

 

"Is what true?" Justin inquires, gripping his cup and sipping on his drink idly.

 

"This whole you're opening your club after Diane bit. From what I've understood, you're going to take her off the market for good which means no more Veronica Blush and place her to manage the new joint. What's that about?" Lifting his head to glare at Justin, JC frowns in confusion when he sees the rage shooting out of Justin's piercing blues.

 

"Now where the fuck did you hear that bullshit story?"

 

"Isn't that what Ronnie said? He was talking to Jacob about your plan of opening the nightclub and Diane was part of the conversation. I think it was the same night of your annual party. They also mentioned you being pussy whipped." JC snickers but holds his breath when Justin stands abruptly.

 

"Ok Josh. Obviously, I'm going to have a chat with Ronnie. And secondly, I really don't see how any of that is your fucking business. We've discussed what we had to, so this meeting is over." Justin barks, trying to keep his cool. He's on the verge of exploding and he knows that anything JC chooses to say next could set him off.

 

Standing to face Justin, JC eyes him closely before something else goes off in his brain. "Do you have some type of feelings for her Just? That would be something new. You never get personally involved with your girls. Isn't that against one of your ‘laws?' It's strictly business remember?" JC explains and Justin grunts loudly before his fists connect to his desk harshly in a fit of anger.

 

"I fucking know that JC! I don't have any feelings for her!" Justin reprimands although he's not so sure anymore.

 

"Well that's good, because I was thinking about taking her off your hands." JC shrugs with a light smile on his face. He knows Justin might be lying, but he's had his eyes on Miss Blush for a while now and...

 

"You can't have her." Justin spits out furiously, discarding his cup as he makes his way around his desk until he's standing face to face with JC, burning a hole into him with his gaze.

 

"But I thought you said..."

 

"I know what I fucking said. And part of that is you can't have her. End of discussion." Justin snaps, moving around his friend to head for the door when JC's next statement catches him off guard.

 

"That's too bad. I really like her you know? She's sweet and I'm sure she's not happy here. She always looks so depressed and a little scared or maybe nervous? I mean I could always take her back to Europe with me and give her a great job at one of the clubs instead of..." But JC's words are instantly cut off when Justin flips around and storms over to him, gripping him by his collar and ramming him up against the glass walls.

 

Seething and clearly pissed off to the point of no return, Justin's right hand dips into his waistband and in the blink of an eye, he pulls out his gun, moving back the safety pin before he places the cold rim of the gun against JC's temple with his thumb resting on the trigger. "You can't fucking have her Josh. Don't fuck with me. I swear to god, history be damned, I'll fucking kill your ass if you try anything smart with her. She has no idea about the type of person she's dealing with. You're no saint. You and I both know you don't want her to just work in your club." Justin spits out coldly, his voice deeper than usual.

 

"And since when do you care..."

 

"I fucking care ok!? There I said it. I care! And, you can't have her!" Justin belts while digging the device into JC's skin.

 

Wincing in pain, JC's orbs widen slightly when he notes the seriousness in Justin's tone. He's not joking is he? Shit, that could be a problem - Especially with the plans he's set up that he has no intention of changing.

 

"Fine Justin. Fine, I heard you loud and clear." JC replies calmly because he knows better than to do or say anything else to piss Justin off further. He knows what Justin is capable of. He's seen him kill many foes firsthand just because they pissed him off. Even though he controls his impulses much better now, JC knows Justin is like a ticking time bomb that could go off at any minute.

 

"Shit JC. Goddamn it you asshole! Is this why you keep requesting her? What ever you're up to it ends now..."

 

"Relax Justin. I just made a suggestion. Believe me when I say I just want to spend time with her like any other client. That's it." JC raises his hands in the air trying to make his peace.

 

Not believing a word he says, Justin decides to let it slide for now. After all, JC did pay his due so he deserved the time he requested.

 

Nodding his head and releasing a sly smile, Justin knows he'll make sure that's all it is and nothing more - strictly business. "Ok then. Don't fuck it up Josh. You know what I'm capable of." Justin sneers, removing the gun from JC's head and taking a step back. Watching as JC fixes his shirt while coughing a bit since he was partly suffocating from the death grip on his neck, Justin easily replaces his gun in the waistband of his jeans, dropping his shirt over it to hide the object.

 

"Shit man. You're fucking insane." JC chokes out, rubbing at his sore throat.

 

"Just don't defy me Josh. You'll get your week with her. Be happy about that. Don't get greedy. You know how you are." Justin retorts, rolling his eyes before he begins his journey to the exit of his office.

 

"You should really think about this..."

 

"I have thought about it. Diane couldn't leave even if she wanted to, so, drop it." Justin voices while thinking about Courtney. Diane wasn't about to leave her child. And, he wasn't going to let her take their...her little girl anywhere. He'd be lying if he said Courtney didn't look like him. He's seeing more of his self in her as time passes and he hates the idea. He doesn't know the first thing about being a father and really, he never wanted to be one. Not after...

 

 

 

"Justin? Are you up there?"

 

Locking eyes with JC, Justin gives him a warning glare when he hears Diane calling out to him.

 

"The girls are here." Justin explains and JC nods silently clutching onto the folder in his hands. He has no idea how to behave around Justin anymore. As much as they've built a bond over the way they met and the life they lived so many years ago, JC knows Justin has never held anyone close enough to his heart to make any type of sacrifice. Well, that's what JC thought. But, this whole Diane issue is making him think otherwise...

 

"Come on, let's go..." Justin orders, swinging his office door open to head down to the ground floor where he can hear his girls' voices with JC in tow...

 

 

 

*****

 

 

Looking up from the bar where I'm sitting with Eve and Ricardo, I notice Justin and JC are making their way towards us. Gasping in shock, a large smile plays across my lips at the sight of JC. He's back! Oh my god this is amazing. Now, I get to spend that week with him. I wonder when he has it set up for. Well whenever it is, I'm there. I know I shouldn't be exited about this. I shouldn't be since Justin has been so great lately. He's really and I mean really making an effort to keep his hands off me and his temper at bay.

 

I mean, when I pissed him off last night because I insisted that Courtney spend the weekend over, he got so red in the face I knew he wanted to hit something. Shit, he nearly knocked me out. He gripped me so tightly that I thought I would suffocate on the spot. But, somewhere along the line of him screaming blasphemies and raising his hand to swing, he made contact with the wall behind my head instead. Now, I would have thought his aim was off and he was really meaning the blow for my face, but then he did it again. In fact, he did it until his knuckles bled.

 

Yeah, I was petrified and frozen solid in place with my eyes shut tightly until he groaned in pain and released the hold he had on me. I'm still confused as to how he could inflict pain on his own self like that. I already know he needs some serious psychological help. But, I'd also like to know why he's this way. I've just been too terrified to ask and now that he seems to be having this internal battle with his self, I'm thinking he doesn't want to be like this anymore. I know one thing is certain. Justin is a man with many demons that torment him on a daily basis. I sort of feel sorry for him in a way...

 

 

 

"Diane you're drinking?" Justin arches a brow at me in amusement as he and JC take a seat at the bar with us.

 

"I uh..." Looking down at my glass of Hennessey and coke, I just smile shyly. Locking eyes with Ricardo, he shrugs for me before moving to the other end of the bar - that wimp. "It's just..."

 

"No it's cool. I'm just surprised. You hardly drink and when you do, it's wine or something mild. So what you got in there?" Grabbing my glass, Justin lifts it to his nose and inhales deeply before he breathes out. "I'm guessing henny and coke." He beams before he takes a sip. "Yeah, I was right." He laughs while handing my glass back to me. "Don't get too far gone else you won't be able to perform later."

 

Should I be impressed or scared shitless that he has a nose for alcohol? That can not be a good thing. Shrugging, I take a few sips of my drink as I notice Eve in some deep conversation with Ricardo. Most of the other girls are either on the stage or at the back getting ready for the show tonight. It's a ritual.

 

I'm not looking forward to doing this show. I don't like those nasty men groping at me like they do. I also do not like having to whore myself out for them. Another life looks so appealing right now...

 

"So, I'll be seeing you soon Miss Blossom. I'm sure Justin told you the news." JC finally opts to speak and it's like music to my ears. Lifting my free hand, he places a light kiss on the back and I could have sworn Justin popped a vein.

 

Clearing his throat loudly, Justin hops off the barstool to leave but not before he orders Ricardo to give him his signature poisonous drink. I would not want to be his liver right now...

 

When Justin's out of sight, JC just smirks before making his self more comfortable and gripping unto some folder tightly.

 

"Justin's really breaking his boundaries and limits with you huh? You all must really be close for him to do that." I whisper to JC still sipping on my drink as I continue to eye him.

 

"He's just trying to prove a point." JC laughs maniacally.

 

"Which is?"

 

"That he's unaffected with the fact that you and I have chemistry." He says smoothly with a sly grin.

 

"Whatever." I giggle, blushing in the process.

 

"It's true. Trust me, you have no idea. But hey, I need to get going. I have some...things I need to take care of. But, I promise I'll be seeing you soon for our dates." Jumping off the barstool, JC helps me off as well taking my drink and leaving it at the bar.

 

"Dates?"

 

"We have a week together don't we? I promise I'll make it into a week you won't forget." He smiles sweetly. His gaze is so much softer than Justin's own, though it's always shining with unidentifiable emotions. He's a real mystery that one, but I like him.

 

"Uh...ok." I say nervously. I'm so excited I'm practically screaming on the inside; JC and especially Justin doesn't need to know that though.

 

"Great, well then...bye pretty lady." JC drawls before he gives me a kiss on the cheek, quickly making his way to the exit.

 

When he's finally out of sight, I release a pleasurable sigh. Oh I'm most definitely looking forward to our dates...

 

 

 

"Diane..."

 

Jumping in fright, I whip around instantly coming face to face with Justin. "Holy shit..." I breathe out, my heartbeat steadily increasing. Shit, he needs to not sneak up on me like that.

 

Frowning, he grips my hand and pulls me with him backstage to the dressing room area.

 

"Justin..."

 

"I need to talk to you Di." he cuts me off. His tone is soft but his grasp on me isn't. His fingers are digging into my flesh and it's really beginning to hurt.

 

Finally making it to the dressing rooms, I notice Jacob and Ronnie walking down the hallway towards us deep in conversation. They haven't looked up or noticed us yet.

 

When I feel Justin stop dead in his tracks, I look up at him in curiosity.

 

His breathing instantly becomes choppy and I can see the flash of death twinkling in his blues. Oh no, what's wrong now? The way he's looking at his own friends is enough to make me scared for his enemies. I'm telling you, he's like a freaking mad man.

 

Letting me go, I watch intently as Justin's hand dives to his jeans, a low throaty growl escaping his lips. Usually, that would be extremely sexy but now it's really scaring the shit out of me.

 

Reversing and gasping in shock, I watch in horror as Justin whips out his gun before he storms towards Ronnie and Jacob like a passing tornado.

 

"Justin!" I scream out, causing Ronnie and Jacob to look in our direction since they were so engrossed in their conversation.

 

"Jay man what's..."

 

Silence...

 

Swallowing the rest of his words, Jacob looks on quizzically when Justin rushes up to Ronnie, slamming him up against the hallway wall.

 

"Oh god..." Passing my hands over my face nervously, I amble towards them cautiously. "Justin what are you doing?" I whimper.

 

I'm just praying he doesn't pull that trigger. Dear god, what the fuck did Ronnie do to get him this way?

 

 

 

"You little fucker!" Justin hisses, pressing the rim of the gun under Ronnie's chin.

 

Poor Ronnie. He's so confused and terrified out of his skin.

 

"Justin what..." But Ronnie shuts up when Justin pulls back the safety on his death device.

 

"I warned you Ron. I fucking warned you. Your mouth is going to get me into a lot of trouble. You need to learn to shut that fucking trap of yours!"

 

"Justin I don't understand!" Ronnie cries out, his eyes glazed over with unshed tears.

 

"Justin!" Jacob calls out to him.

 

"Don't Jacob!" Justin warns, shooting him an evil glare. "This little bitch is going to learn once and for all how serious this shit is." Inhaling sharply, Justin backs away from Ronnie, still pointing the gun at him as he begins to heave. "How much did they pay you?" Justin shouts and wow, what the hell is going on?

 

"What? I-I-I...Don....Don't know..."

 

"Don't bullshit me Ron! How much did they fucking pay you to spy on me?" Justin screams out while walking towards him.

 

Jacob is just standing there frozen solid in shock and I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

 

"They didn't..."

 

"Don't lie to me Ron. I'll pull the fucking trigger. I swear I will so don't!"

 

"Justin they..." Dropping to his knees like a baby, Ronnie's tears begin flowing like a waterfall down his cheeks and by the guilty look on his face, I know this can't be good. "Shit, they just wanted a story. The...the media just wanted to know what was going on with you. They said it was harmless and I'd be rewarded for giving you more exposure and..."

 

"Shit!" Justin screams, lifting his hands to his head in frustration. "You fucking idiot! There are parts of my life and my past I do not need them knowing about! I was wondering how that bitch reporter knew about the nightclub I'm opening when we did the interview at Hugh's. How much did you tell them?"

 

"I only told them about the nightclub. That's it I swear." Ronnie raises his hands in fear, his tears still flowing steadily and I'm so stunned right now. I have no idea what to do to stop what I'm about to witness.

 

"I don't fucking believe you. What else did you tell them Ron?!" Leaning down, Justin grips Ronnie's chin while cocking his head to the side with a deranged look in his eyes.

 

"Justin please...I...I didn't say anything else. Please you have to believe me. I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." Hiccupping, heaving and balling one's eyes out are not appealing for any young man. But, as expected, Justin was able to get that reaction out of Ron.

 

"Fucking bastard!" Moving away from Ronnie, Justin straightens his posture cracking the bones in his neck and then knuckles. Oh no, that's not good. I've, I've seen him do this before he loses all patience and practically snaps... "Get up."

 

"What?" Ronnie asks, his eyes widening in terror.

 

"Don't make me say it again." Justin warns.

 

Standing on shaky legs, my hands fly to my mouth when I see the stains on Ronnie's pants. On my god he pissed himself! "Justin..." I whisper out, my tone grainy.

 

Snapping his head in my direction, I notice his gaze soften for a split second before Ronnie's voice snaps him back...

 

"Please don't shoot me Jay. I'm sorry." Ronnie pleads, his form actually trembling as he cowers in fear.

 

"Justin don't do it..." I beg while gripping his arm but, he pushes me away shaking his head in protest.

 

"No! He needs to learn a lesson! Shit, I'm sorry Ron but..." And before any of us can do or say anything else, the gun goes off and I watch in horror as Ronnie falls to the floor. "I warned you Ron." Justin spits uncaringly.

 

"Oh my god!" I scream out, instantly crying in the process. Dropping to my knees, I crawl over to Ronnie still crying hysterically. "You're a fucking monster Justin." I belt. He's just looking down at us, hovering with a crazed expression on his face.

 

Then the dressing room doors swing open and we're met with deafening screams. Just great...

 

"What happened!?" Bethany screams out running over to me and Ronnie. "Oh my god Ron!" She cries out, just as the other girls are circling around us.

 

"Justin that wasn't necessary." Jacob finally speaks with disappointment laced in his tone, but, Justin doesn't seem to care one bit.

 

"Get over your fucking selves. He's not dead!" Justin retorts, putting his gun away.

 

Glaring at him in detest, I divert my attention to Ronnie who's hunched over in pain, gripping his wounded leg as the pool of blood surrounding him begins soaking his jeans. "Shit...god..." Ronnie wails, squinting in pain as he gasps for air.

 

"Apply pressure to it Ronnie." I instruct him, gripping his hands and pressing them down on his wound. He lets out a howl in pain and I flinch when I feel Justin gripping my arm, yanking me to stand.

 

"Call the ambulance." I instruct to Jacob and he nods while pulling out his cell to dial the familiar number.

 

Shaking my head sadly, I allow Justin to pull me away from the scene and down the dimly lit hallway. Some of the girls are still crying, completely clueless as to what just went down. Jacob doesn't seem to be fazed at all. I guess he's used to this Justin. I'm sure he's seen Justin in this light before. But, I haven't. Not first hand anyway. And I'm still a little shaky by all of this...

 

 

 

Struggling against Justin's hold until we enter the hair stylist chambers, he roughly jacks me away from him before he slams the door shut behind us.

 

Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms over my white dress, ignoring the crimson red stains of blood on it from when I was attending to Ronnie.

 

Eyeing Justin as he paces, I just scoff, leaning against one of the counters.

 

"I didn't want to do it Di. I mean I like the kid. But, I had to teach him a lesson. I had to ...shit!" Stopping his movements, Justin turns to face me, searching my eyes for some reason on other. He has a funny way of showing he likes someone that's for sure. "Did you mean what you said?" Justin inquires, approaching me and I instantly tense - my eyes widening.

 

"Mean what?" I croak out.

 

Slumping, he looks away from me with a hurt expression on his face. Ok, what the hell man.

 

"That I was a monster?" He inquires weakly.

 

Uh, since when does he give a shit about what I think? "Uh..."

 

"No it's ok. You were right. I am. I just..." Sighing, He rubs his hands over his face, growing stubble and then neck. Removing his hat, he scratches the top of his head mindlessly before his breath hitches in his throat. "Shit...I could have killed him." Justin laments but I'm still just eyeing him. I think it's safe to say he's self-destructing.

 

He looks up at me and I stop breathing when I see his eyes glossy and shining under the florescent lighting.

 

"I'm sorry..." he whispers, his resolve cracking right in front of me.

 

Wow...I've never heard him say anything like that before to anyone and...

 

Wait, he just...he just said what? "Wh...what?" I stammer. Please tell me I'm dreaming. Hold on, what the hell did he want to talk to me about in the first place? We have a show to prepare for. Now is not a good time to be stalling. I'm betting it has to do with JC. I think he feels threatened by him...

 

Closing the gap between us, Justin looks down at me and it's then that I realize the glassy look in his eyes are unshed tears.

 

Inhaling deeply, he extends his hands to touch me. When I remain still, he immediately pulls me into his embrace, dropping his head to the crook of my neck as he grips my waist tightly still breathing hard.

 

"I'm sorry..." He chokes out again, but I don't want to believe it.

 

I think my heart just skipped a beat. Is he really saying what I think he is? This is not like him at all. What am I supposed to make of that? I'm not going to hold him to it. I'm not going to just accept that. Sorry isn't enough. He should know that. I'm not even sure if he really means it or if he's just having another episode. Still not budging, I blink a few times as I inhale his musky scent, shutting my eyes when one of his hands makes its way to my long, thick, brown hair. Grabbing a chuck of my locks and wrapping his fingers tightly around it, Justin grazes his soft lips over the flesh of my neck, massaging my scalp and eliciting a gasp from me. This is the first time I've felt a shiver go down my spine that I actually like that was caused by him. Oh no what's happening?

 

"Justin what's going on? What did you want to talk to me about?"

 

But he doesn't answer.


Instead, he grips me tightly, squeezing my body against his own before he presses his lips to my hot skin, kissing me delicately just underneath my earlobe before he works his way down to my shoulder bone and then stops. My heart is pounding out of my chest right now because I have no idea what's come over him or how to really react to this side of him. Again, I really think JC is a contributing factor in this. But why? Should I be happy about that?

 

I think Justin's emotions are running haywire right now. I'm only saying this because I can feel the moistness on the bare skin of my neck. Now, I'd maybe say I was delusional and my eluded mind was conjuring up something clearly impossible in this reality. Because realistically, what I think is happening right now is so farfetched...

 

Then he shudders, still holding on for dear life but I'm not convinced - not until I hear what sounds like a faint whimper, but, my heart is pounding too loudly for me to be certain. What really astounds me and makes me realize this is real, is the sniffle that follows soon after complimented with a slight tremor of sobs...

 

I, I think he's, he's crying...

 

Wait, he's crying? Huh?

 

And you know what? My hands finally find their way around his neck just hugging him and skimming his back, trying to sooth his broken form. But oh my god, I'm beyond confused now and my emotions are having their own personal dispute with each other. I can't speak because I can't find the right words to say, so, I just hold him feeling uneasy with this situation and praying he'll get a grip.

 

It's all I can do really because my mind is hazed and I'm convinced that there was a shift in the universe today.

 

That's the only explanation I can think of for Justin's change in behavior. He goes from one extreme to the next and it's enough to drive any person crazy.

 

Still, I wish I knew what he wanted to talk to me about. Maybe when he sobers up he'll tell me? I hope so. I can wait I guess. It's not like I'm going anywhere...

 

Then I hear that familiar sound of voices outside...

 

It's the paramedics. They're talking, asking questions and doing their job I guess.

 

It's followed by a knock on the door but Justin doesn't make any attempt to move. Instead, he grips me even tighter practically crushing my ribcage due to his strength.

 

I can make out Jacob telling them that no one is in here and I'm wondering why he's covering up for Justin. Shit, I wouldn't. He just shot a person with no plausible reason. That person is supposed to be his friend too! I should probably make a sound, any sound so they can come in here and haul his ‘I'm-a-pimp-and-I-think-I'm-the-shit' ass away. But, the moment I open my mouth to make some noise, I quickly lose my voice when Justin decides to make his declaration again that completely shatters my defenses this time around - his voice strained, pained, soft and regretful.

 

"I'm sorry Di. I'm so sorry..."


 

The Date(s) - Part 1 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 7 - The Date(s)

Fifteen Days Later...

 

Part 1 - Predate syndrome?

 

Justin's Estate...

Saturday Morning...

 

There's one thing that's been on my mind and plaguing my thoughts for the past two weeks. It keeps replaying in my mind like a broken record. I just can't get over the tone and grief in his voice when he kept repeating - "I'm sorry Di. I'm so sorry..."

 

What do you make of that? I had no idea what he was really apologizing for. I've asked him. I've been asking him for two weeks now and he won't even bother to let me hear his voice to at least say it wasn't my business. No, instead he'd give me the silent treatment just watching me with those bright blues before he'd walk away or leave the room. Justin is really confusing me. Now, I'm going to say what ever is going on with him, it's brought up some memories he thought were long buried. But, I wasn't the cause of it. It wasn't my fault was it? I can't be sure. I hope not.

 

I do know that Justin has a serious problem. I mean, in the same breath that he was crying and holding on to me like he wanted me to melt into him or something, he was quickly wiping at his eyes and straightening his posture seeming almost unaffected with everything that went down. He floated through those doors so quickly that I was left there standing alone and feeling utterly confused.

 

What happened next startled me even further. He morphed right back into his old self, belting orders and insisting that we - his girls - got prepared in time for the show. I had one question I needed to ask him though. Sucking up my fears knowing that he could switch at any minute, I approached him when he was talking to Jacob after the paramedics took Ronnie away. I still can't believe he shot Ronnie like that. I guess he really doesn't want anyone to know anything about him in his younger years. I wish I knew whatever it was he didn't want us to know.

 

So, when I tapped him on his shoulder, he slowly turned around to face me with his signature intense gaze. Swallowing hard, I asked him what he wanted to talk to me about. Good ole Jacob just had to leave us alone. Well, it's safe to say that even if Justin obviously has a weakness, whatever that is, his badass side is still alive and well. He simply brushed me off saying it was nothing and that he hoped I enjoyed my dates with JC. Yeah, I'm thinking he heard our conversation. I'm also thinking he was jealous which, is a far stretch from the regular. Justin and jealous in the same sentence just sounds foreign to me.

 

Whatever's going on with him hasn't affected his business side though. The show went on without a glitch that night, but, that doesn't mean everything is ok in our warped world. I'm just waiting patiently for something drastic to happen. I hope if and when it does, I'm as far away as I could possibly be...

 

 

"Mommy!"

 

Snapping my head to the entrance of my room, I smile brightly for my little girl. She looks so adorable in her little blue dress. Her azure orbs are literally popping out. I'm really happy that Rachel brought her over to visit. Justin refuses for her to sleep over at any time, but, at least she's here now. Her wild curls are bouncing everywhere. I'm thinking Rachel gets hell to comb her hair. I know I usually do.

 

"Hey pumpkin, what's going on little girl?" I smile for her as she rushes up to where I'm sitting in front of my dresser applying some makeup.

 

"Mommy look!" She beams, stretching out her petite hand for me to see.

 

"What Courtney?" I frown, gazing down at her. When my eyes finally connect to her wrist, I gasp. Gripping her wrist tightly I stare at her intently. "Baby what..."

 

"Daddy!" She shouts happily and I groan.

 

"What..."

 

"He say he sorry." She shrugs and I'm still confused as hell. What is with Justin spitting out that word like it comes so easily when I know he must have hell saying it? I've never heard him say that until two weeks ago and now he's telling our baby he's sorry too?

 

Dropping her hand, I scoop her up in my arms to go in search of Justin. Standing, I give myself one last look in the mirror before I move to exit my room. The maroon dress I'm wearing will just have to do for my outing with JC. There's no time to change outfits again now.

 

"Mommy going sumwey?" Courtney coos and I nod for her.

 

"Yes, mommy is going out on a date." I smile for her and she just giggles, blowing out spit bubbles. Ugh, I hate when she does that. It's disgusting.

 

"Courtney stop that." I scold her, holding her chin to stare into her eyes before I kiss her little nose.

 

"Is it your job?" Stopping mid-step, I gaze at her expectantly.

 

"And what job might that be?" I inquire.

 

"Daddy say you shake up with his friend." She replies uncaringly before she starts playing with my brown locks.

 

Rolling my eyes, I quickly make my way down the winding staircase. "You mean shack-up and I don't understand how Justin can tell you this." I mutter.

 

"He say you no wove him nomo. He say his fault. He sorry mommy. He try be good."

 

Freezing in the middle of the threshold, I place Courtney to stand while looking down at her. She's tugging on her dress now. She has no idea what she just said does she? What the fuck has Justin been telling her? And what does me not loving him anymore have to do with anything? It's not like I've ever verbally confessed it for goodness sake. And when the hell was he left alone with Courtney? Rachel knows how I feel about that.

 

"Baby, where is Aunty Rachel?" I ask.

 

"She gone. Daddy say I stay." She replies.

 

"What? But..." I'm easily interrupted when I hear giggling coming from somewhere in the kitchen followed by Justin's laugh. "Sweetie, go watch some TV; I'll be right back." I tell Courtney watching as her eyes light up.

 

"Otay! Spongeboob!" She shrieks before she lets my hand go and sprints off into the living room. Laughing, I shake my head sadly before I round the corner to head for the kitchen.

 

****

 

Stopping dead in my tracks when the kitchen comes into view, I feel the sudden urge to hit something due to the scene going on in front of me. In fact, I'm pretty sure I want to hit him.

 

Justin's such a liar. I mean he says his shit but look at him now. He's in there, standing between Bethany's legs while she's sitting on the counter; He's kissing up on her. That asshole. I fucking hate him so much.

 

Clearing my throat loudly, they instantly break their lip-lock to glare at me. Folding my hands across my chest, I scowl when they make no attempt to move. "I need to talk to you." I spit while glaring at Justin.

 

Shooting me a death glare, he still doesn't budge.

 

"Now!" I enforce, noting how his eyes widen by my harshness.

 

Gripping Bethany's waist, he pulls her off the counter to stand and whispers something to her ear before she giggles and leaves. Well, you know she had to shoot me her nasty glare first, but, I do not care about any of that. What I care about is that Justin is still a cold, heartless bastard. He really hasn't changed.

 

When we're alone, I walk into the spacious kitchen and take a seat at the island while eying him. When he tugs on his grey slacks and red Sinatra t-shirt, I cast my vision downwards noting his growing arousal. Smirking, I watch as he grips his crotch before he pulls up a stool to sit next to me still silent. Yeah, I'm glad he's in pain. That jerk...ugh!

 

Passing his hands over his face in frustration, his blues finally meet my browns. And what do you know? They are as cold as I remember them.

 

"This better be good." He growls in a low voice, looking away from me.

 

"So much for I'm the only girl you fuck in here huh? I knew you were full of shit." I snap. I can't help it. I needed to let that out. I want to scream so much right now and I really don't see why. It's not like I have any claims over him. I mean who in their right mind would want a murderous, abusive psychopath like Justin? Despite the fact that he's gorgeous, that doesn't make up for all his faults. Still, I've realized I'm clearly not in my right mind because I still care.

 

Groaning inwardly, he snaps his head in my direction with a frown on his face. "You are the only girl I fuck in here. But I'm seeing how that's clearly a mistake because I..."

 

"Yeah, I know your fucking laws Justin. No need to remind me. We're still humans too." I retort, but he doesn't say anything. He just scoffs. You'd think he'd be cursing me out for snapping at the mouth like this. I can't even pinpoint any anger in his system. For the most part, he seems relaxed, which is rare. "I'm guessing if I hadn't come in here when I did, you would have taken Beth right on the counter huh?" I add for good measure.

 

No response.

 

His head is down, staring at the marbled island and I'm seriously thinking of diagnosing him with bi-polar disorder or schizophrenia.

 

"Why the fuck do you even care? You've been letting JC shove his dick in you for the last few days and enjoying every minute of it." He snaps out, his voice sharp and low. Wow, slow down. What? Is he for real right now?

 

Ok, so JC and I began our little dates a few days ago. I actually only have two days left with him. But, we haven't...I mean honestly I want to, but he...he won't....he doesn't want me in that way. I don't understand it. I mean yeah, the first time we met was ok; we talked you know? But with all the money he's paying now, I don't see why we can't sleep together too. I'd love to know what he's working with. I mean, it's clear I like him. I even told him that yesterday. Well, not really. I just stated that he was the first guy I've met in literally years that makes me feel like someone and not just a sex object. He's so sweet you know? We've been out and about the town these past few days. Every day it's been something new. He's taken me around Nevada. We've been on those tourist tours where you can see Las Vegas from a tourist point of view. We even went on those tours that bring you to see all the famous celebrity millionaire estates. We've gone on lunch dates, dinner dates and just hung out. We even went shopping and god, it was all so amazing. Still, Justin can't seriously be angry for that and feel that the only way to solve his little issue is fucking his other girls. I mean...

 

"Why the fuck are you even here? Shouldn't you be going out?" Justin interrupts my thoughts and I just smile shyly. That definitely pissed him off. He's clenching his fists tightly now. I'm guessing he's getting angry. So I like JC. What's wrong with that?

 

"JC's not here yet and..."

 

"What do you want Diane? Make it quick. Bethany is waiting on me." He says cattily, but, I just shrug him off. I really shouldn't care. I'm going to be with JC soon so...

 

"What the hell did you do to Courtney?" I ask sternly noting how his eyes roll in annoyance.

 

"It's just..."

 

"You think that just because you gave our daughter a fucking gold wristlet things are ok? Because they are not Justin. She may be too young to understand so it's easy for her to forgive you. But, you can't buy people's forgiveness after you've treated them like shit. You certainly can't buy mine." Standing on my feet, I grip the necklace he gave me a few weeks back.

 

I'm so angry with him right now and I don't know why. Maybe it's a mixture of him trying to buy our daughter over after he screamed at her on so many occasions and his sudden intensions of fucking his other girls in here. Yeah, I'm hurt and bitter. He hasn't even touched me since, unless it's under his anger. Didn't the night when he was so gentle with me mean anything to him? I mean jesus! He seemed like he almost wanted to fucking cry! I should have expected it. He was just having a weak moment. I knew it. I've had to endure so much under his hand and now he's just sitting there, glaring at me with those big blue glassy orbs not even showing any emotion whatsoever!

 

Wrapping my fingers around the object, I forcefully rip it off my neck in a fit of rage. I hear a snapping sound when the gold unlinks and I easily drop the piece of jewelry on the counter before I huff.

 

Inhaling deeply, I arch a brow at Justin when his eyes widen in shock. He's staring at the chain, cocking his head to the side as his breathing immediately deepens. Gripping the object he looks at it and then at me before he releases it from his hold.

 

 

 

Before I'm even aware of what's going on, he's up and storming towards me. Still, I don't feel threatened by him. He's an asshole. I should have left a long time ago when I had a chance. Now I feel trapped, but, it won't be like that for long if I can help it.

 

"What the fuck, is your problem Diane? That thing cost me a lot of money." He snarls, cornering me against the counter while he points at the necklace. Placing my hands on the solid surface, I push my body back preventing eye contact. He's practically breathing down my neck.

 

Placing his hands on either side of my body, Justin closes the tiny gap between us until he's pressing firmly against my body. Gulping down hard, I can feel his erection against my thighs and by the look in his eyes I know what's on his brain.

 

"Are you acting this way because you're jealous?" He whispers in a light tone.

 

"Are you?" I retort. Oh he wasn't prepared for that one. He grunts loudly and I watch as he lifts his hand to my neck, but, my next statement causes him to stop mid-air.

 

"You're going to hit me now? Huh? Because it's nothing new Justin. So go ahead and do it. You think that earns you my respect? You think it makes you a bigger man? Huh? You're just going to keep doing it aren't you?" Drifting off, my eyes widen when he starts to heave while he penetrates me with his fiery gaze. But you know what? I'm on a roll and I really don't give a shit anymore. I've had all I can take. He better make sure that this time he seals the deal, because so help me god, I'll kill him. He's not much of a father anyway.

 

"What are you waiting for Justin? I'm used to it now. I've endured it for years. What's one more time right? You afraid of something? What are you afraid of Justin? Huh? You're nothing but a coward. That's what I think. You're a heartless, murderous, psychotic coward!" I scream at him, blinking rapidly when his hand drops before he grips my waist tightly, digging his fingers into my sides. There's shock written all over his face. My heart is pounding out of my chest because I have no idea what's swimming through his mind right now.

 

"Shut up..." he chokes out while bowing his head as he takes in choppy breaths. "I...I said I was sor..."

 

"Why? You afraid of the truth? It's true isn't it? You're just a scared little boy..."

 

"Shut the fuck up Diane!" He snaps, grabbing me and flipping me around until I'm squished against the island as the fury pours out of his orbs. "You don't know shit Di! You don't know anything about me so just shut the fuck up!" Justin screams vigorously as his eyes grow as wide as saucers. He's gasping for air now as his nostrils flare. Studying him closely, I could have sworn I saw hurt flash through those blues. I'm also taking a shot in the dark here, but, I think his eyes are seriously watering up right now. What the hell?

 

"I know enough..." I retort, feeling my heart skip a beat from the evil look he's giving me.

 

"Shut up Diane. I'm warning you." Justin sneers as he pulls me forward before he slams me against the kitchen wall. Cringing from the impact, I still keep my challenging gaze on him. I'm a little confused as to why he's not going crazy right now. Something is really wrong here. "Don't make me hurt you..." He cracks and I just laugh bitterly.

 

"Please, you've permanently scarred me. What's one more time?" I chide. You know, I must really have a death wish right now. I'm also wondering how far I can push his buttons because he's never once stopped to consider raising his hands on me before. It usually happens automatically from the minute I talk back to him. I'm also thinking I touched a sore spot with him because he's practically turning beet red.

 

"Diane..."

 

"Just do it Justin. It makes you feel like a man. Like you're the shit when everyone is afraid of you, so do it!" I challenge him, stumbling forward when he backs away from me suddenly - his form literally shaking as his hands begin to tremble.

 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He bellows, pulling out his gun from the back of his slacks.

 

Gluing my body to the wall, I watch in horror as he brings the gun up to his head, tapping it against his temple, while his other hand is in his hair, tugging at the strands lightly. He's fighting to control his breathing right now since he's so riled up.

 

"You're going to shoot me now?" I whisper, feeling my breath hitch in my throat when he narrows his eyes at me.

 

"I'm not going to fucking shoot you Di, I..." But he swallows the rest of his words when a third figure clears their throat loudly, interrupting us.

 

Still too afraid to move, I watch as Justin's eyes darken by the sight of whoever is standing in the entrance of the kitchen. Turning around slowly to see who's decided to grace us with their presence I'm greeted with an intrigued JC. Oh thank god. He's holding Courtney and she seems to be more than smitten with him. Oh no...

 

 

 

"Am I interrupting something?" JC enquires smoothly, fixing Courtney in his hold. "And, I found this little one sitting in the hallway..." He adds. "She looked scared. Is everything ok?"

 

Oh god, please tell me my baby didn't hear us yelling at each other. Though, I'm sure she did since she was just in the living room. Ignoring Justin, I rush up to JC giving him a tight smile before I take Courtney from his hold. When she sees me, she latches unto my neck for dear life. "Mommy I scared. Daddy was..."

 

"Shhh..." I silence her while stroking her hair. I smile sheepishly when JC's eyes widen with realization. He looks good in his plain blue shirt and jeans. But, this should be the last thing on my mind.

 

"You didn't tell me you were a mommy Diane." JC coos, smiling brightly for me.

 

"Well you didn't ask." I retort with a nervous laugh.

 

"Oh wow, well this is new. I've never once heard of any of Justin's girls having a child since this business was started but, she's precious. You should be proud." He kisses Courtney's forehead and she gives him a toothy grin before she retreats to wrapping her tiny fingers around my hair.

 

"So who's the lucky guy?" JC questions while walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at the island seeming practically unfazed.

 

"Uh..." Turning around to face him, I tense when I see the look Justin's giving us. God, we'd all drop dead if looks could kill. "It's...she's..."

 

"She's mine." Justin interrupts me, shocking us all.

 

"What!?" JC is looking at him like he's crazy, but, Justin just shrugs with a smug smile on his face.

 

"You heard me JC. She's my daughter." Justin spits out coldly before putting his gun away. Walking up to me, he shoots me a vituperative look before he reaches out for Courtney. "Give her to me." He demands, but, I take a step back tightening my hold on her. I don't know what he's trying to prove but...

 

"Justin..."

 

"You're going out and I sent Rachel grocery shopping Diane. She'll be back soon but in the mean time, Courtney is staying here with me." He enforces, but, I'm not letting him have her. Is he crazy? That's the last thing I need. If he even lays one hand on her I will undoubtedly shoot him, no questions asked.

 

"Mommy, daddy be good." Courtney whispers to me and I really have to give her credit. She's only three but she's so fearless. Then again, she's never fully witnessed Justin in his deranged state. God, I'm going to regret this. Her pretty blues are searching mine, almost like she's telling me it's ok and she knows he won't hurt her. But she's so wrong. Justin is a monster through and through.

 

 

 

Sighing, Justin excuses himself before he pulls us out into the hallway so JC can't hear us. "Diane, I won't hurt her if that's what you're so worried about. But you need to leave now because JC paid for a specific time period and..."

 

"That's all it is with you? Money and Business? Don't you care about anything else?" I ask in frustration.

 

"I care that you need to shut the hell up and just fucking leave..." He snaps back, ripping Courtney away from me. I watch as her petite frame goes rigid under his touch. She's terrified out of her mind by him, but, she's not crying. She's just staring at him in awe like she always does.

 

This is a historical moment. I almost want to bust into tears like some damn baby. God...this is the first time Justin has ever held his own daughter since she was born. In fact, the day she was born at the hospital, he refused to even come and see us. Rachel was the one there with me through everything. I really owe her a lot. I'd be lost without her help. This is...this is the first time he's ever and I mean ever touched her physically. Usually he'd just scream at her to leave him alone but this...god I would be ecstatic if I didn't think he was making his claim on her for all the wrong reasons.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you Diane? Are you crying?" Justin eyes me strangely as he fixes Courtney in his hold.

 

I'm too choked up by the sight of the two of them to even form a coherent phrase right now. Instead, I just wipe at my eyes completely touched by this moment even though Justin doesn't realize it. "You...you're holding her..." Is all I manage to get out as he cuts his eyes at me in curiosity.

 

Then, Courtney opts to speak in her tiny voice as she grips Justin's shirt tightly. "Daddy be good now?"

 

Oh god, that definitely did it for me. The tears are flowing freely now. Yeah, I'm a softy. Can you blame me? This is like...I never thought I'd ever witness this.

 

Still seeming out of the loop, Justin groans with annoyance muttering something under his breath. "I told you not to call me..." But he drifts off when he looks down at Courtney and his gaze softens. It's like hell just froze over. The look in his eyes right now is just...god I don't know what look he has. I've never seen it before. He's just staring at her interestingly taking in her bright blues that mirror his own with the intense gaze they're sharing.

 

Your fingers curl up tight to make a fist
Your lips purse up as to make a kiss
Your eyes so bright, joy is all they bring
Your presence would cause angels to sing...

 

Frowning at her, Justin grips her tiny hands gently removing the hold she has on his shirt. "Diane..." He whispers, still keeping the eye-lock he has with Courtney.

 

"What?" I whisper back, not wanting to spoil this moment. I...I think they're bonding. In an odd, indirect way, they're bonding.

 

"She...she has my eyes..." He mumbles in bewilderment and I can't help but smile at that.

 

"Daddy be good now?" She asks again, looking at him expectantly.

 

"What? I...I..." Shaking his head at her, Justin forcefully looks away to lock eyes with me. With confusion plastered on his features he lets out a dejected sigh...

 

Your first day filled and broke my heart
For I knew then that we would be apart
There is nothing more important to me
Then giving you my love for all eternity...

 

Pulling her little body away from his chest, he hands her back to me before wiping at his forehead. "Take her and give her to one of the girls to watch over. Rachel will take her when she gets back. And please just leave and get this date over with. I'll see you when you get back tonight." And just like that, he turns and walks away, leaving me in a dumbfounded state. Ok, what the hell just happened?

 

Watching as his retreating figure disappears around the corner, I give Courtney a weak smile when she rests her head on my shoulder, hugging me around my neck. "No cry mommy. Daddy be good..."

 

Seriously, why is she so optimistic? I've lost hope in Justin ever changing years ago. I guess she's just too naive to know any better.

 

 

 

"Come on pumpkin." I coo as I wipe at my eyes before we reenter the kitchen.

 

When JC sees us, he stands to approach us. "Justin left?" He inquires, looking over my shoulder for him.

 

"Yeah, I guess he had other things to do." I shrug. I'm betting Bethany is one of the things he'll be doing alright.

 

"Are you ok Diane? I heard you two going at it when I got here." JC explains, touching my cheek softly.

 

Regaining my composure I nod for him. "I'm fine JC."

 

"Oh well then, are we ready to take this show on the road?" JC beams excitedly and I instantly perk up. I really don't see why I'm bugging over Justin when I have a guy who's clearly interested in me here.

 

"Sure, just let me give her to one of the girls and then we can leave." I smile warmly, ushering JC out of the kitchen and towards the lounging room.

 

When we enter the lounging room, I notice about five of the girls are sitting around talking, laughing, doing their hair and nails, reading entertainment and fashions magazines and watching nip/tuck on the large plasma screen television. Ugh, I do not like that show. It's just...wrong on so many levels.

 

Ambling towards Eve who's in a deep conversation with Marissa, one of the other girls, they look over at me with a smile.

 

"Hey girl!" Even beams, standing to approach me.

 

"Hey Eve. Listen can I ask you a favor? Could you look over Courtney for me until Rachel gets back? I need to leave with one of our clients now." I gesture to JC and she gives him a once over before she nods for me in agreement.

 

"Sure, hand her over." She smiles and I gently place Courtney in her arms.

 

"Thanks so much." I smile for Eve and she nods in response.

 

"Hey there little mama!" Even teases Courtney causing her to giggle before she says ‘hi' back in her small voice.

 

Kissing my baby bye, I tell her to behave before I wave to the other girls in the room.

 

Escorting JC out of the lounge room, we silently make our way to the front door.

 

"So, do you mind if I take you over to my place for our date today? I have a surprise set up for you." JC beams and I turn to look at him interestingly.

 

"Oh?" I gush, latching onto his arm as his lips curve into a light smile.

 

"Yeah, you'll see when we get there. But first, we're having lunch at one of my favorite restaurants here in Vegas. I think you'll like it." He croons and I giggle.

 

"Ok, that sounds nice." I blush.

 

"Good, and don't even worry about not telling me that you were a mommy. I still think you're hot." He nudges me playfully and I laugh just as we make it to the door. When I swing it open, getting ready to leave with JC, I hear what sounds like a harsh cough from somewhere in the living room area.

 

"Uh, JC you go ahead. I'll be right out." I smile sweetly for him and he just shrugs. Letting my hand go, he jogs down to his Escalade that's parked in the driveway.

 

 

 

Closing the door gently, I turn around and listen for a minute. When I hear the same cough again, I quickly amble into the living room, stopping dead in my tracks when I see Justin hunched over on one of the leather couches in the far corner of the room.

 

Figuring I should probably leave him alone, I whip around to leave but stop when he calls out to me.

 

"I saw you Di." He calls out groggily.

 

Sighing, I cautiously walk up to him then cast my vision to the top of his head. His hands are over his face and he's just sitting there looking like a lost little child.

 

Taking in my surroundings, I breathe out air before I take a sit next to him. Hesitantly placing my palm on his shoulder, I watch as he tenses briefly before he relaxes under my touch.

 

"What's wrong Justin?" Examining his form, I gasp slightly when he looks up at me. His eyes are blood shot red and his nose is practically pink. I think he was crying, or maybe...

 

"I don't fucking know." He groans, wiping at his nose before he stares off into space.

 

"Justin...you need help." I say softly. "And I think you know exactly why you are like this. I wish you'd tell me..."

 

"I can't..."

 

"You're too hot and cold. You're self-destructing Justin."

 

"Why are you even still here? Why do you even care after everything I've done to you?" He inquires, studying my eyes with a scowl on his face.

 

"Because..." Why am I here and why do I care really? That's a good question.

 

"Just forget it. Just leave. Where's Courtney?" He enquires.

 

"She...she's with Eve."

 

"Ok, then go. Time is money Diane." He explains, straightening his posture. Resting his back against the couch, he grabs the remote switching on the television.

 

Pouting, I move to stand. Gripping my hand, Justin suddenly pulls me back down and I fall on his lap.

 

Staring at him in shock, I try to get up but he shoots me a glare so I remain still. Digging into his pocket he pulls out my necklace, grabbing my palm before he drops the object in it. "Take it." He explains.

 

"I don't..."

 

"Just shut up and hold it. I gave it to you. Don't give it back to me." Justin snaps and I just shrug, gripping unto the necklace.

 

When I don't verbally respond, he decides to continue speaking. "It was my dad's. Well, the diamond piece was my dad's. I uh, had the chain made and the diamond turned into a pendant. Just...hold on to it ok?" he says in a light whisper and I furrow my brows not understanding. If this was his dad's then why is he giving it to me? As if on cue, Justin continues voicing his thoughts and I remain mute.

 

"He got it for my mom to apologize when he left her for his mistress but he uh, died before he had a chance to give it to her. I didn't think my mom deserved it anyway. She was a bitch to him even after they divorced and he remarried. I took it because it was the only thing I really had of his to remember him by...." His tone is pained, almost bitter and by the hurt on his face I can tell this is a touchy subject. Wow, I never knew that. Then again, I don't know anything about Justin outside of his empire. Still, his story isn't too far off from mine. I mean, my dad was cheating on my mom too. But, I'm thinking there is more to this little story.

 

"So why did you give it to me if..."

 

"Why do you insist on asking so many fucking questions? Look, I gave it to you because I don't want it anymore. It holds too many memories and..." But, Justin drifts off when we hear JC's horn from outside. I shut my eyes tightly when Justin shifts under me before he pushes me off of him to stand. "Just go Diane." He yields, turning away from me and giving the television his full attention. "I'll talk to you when you get back later..." He dismisses me with a wave of his hand and I give him one last look before I turn to leave in silence.

 

On my way out of the door, I stare down at the necklace, toying with the diamond pendant. I'm really curious now as to why he got so emotional from just mentioning his late father. I really want to know what's going on with that man. Maybe his dad has something to do with his current condition? I still think JC is part of it. Ugh, too much thinking.

 

Grabbing my small purse off a nearby table, I carefully place the necklace in it before I swing the doors to Justin's home open. I'll get the chain fixed since it seems to mean so much to Justin. I'd say this was my home too but this place feels more like a prison to me.

 

Taking one quick glance around, I inhale deeply before I walk out and shut the door behind me. Waving to JC, I jog down the stairs with one goal in mind: finding a way out of this life. And guess what? I think JC might just be my ticket out of this never-ending nightmare...

 

 

****

 

Poem: A Father's Love

Author: Unknown

 

The Date(s) - Part 2 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 7 - The Date(s)

 

Part 2 - The Dating Truth

 

 

Same Day...

Hours Later...

Justin's Estate...

Early Saturday Evening...

 

 

“True love burns the brightest, but the brightest flames leave the deepest scars.” - unknown

 

"Daddy!"

 

Snapping his head in the direction of the small voice Justin smiles weakly, not making any attempt to move since he feels aweary. His eyes are slightly dilated from the alcohol he's ingested, but, he's still fully conscious and aware of his surroundings.

 

He watches intently as her little frame stops in the middle of the living room when their eyes connect. She instantly drops her head, casting her vision downwards while playing with the hem of her little blue dress. "I sorry. No scream at me." She pouts and he instantly realizes what she means. He knows she's talking about the fact that she just called him daddy. Placing the cup that he was drinking from down, he wipes his palms over his khaki shorts before he ruffles his black t-shirt to stand.

 

Closing the gap between them, he looks down at her head of curls remembering a time in his life when he got so much hell to tame his hair that he solved the problem by cutting it all off. He knows since she's a girl, combing her hair isn't going to be easy.

 

Dropping to his knees, his blues connect to her own as she watches him with a shy look on her face.

 

"I...I'm not going to scream at you Courtney." He finally speaks - his voice pained and doleful.

 

"Pwomise?" She asks hopefully, her big bright blues twinkling under the yellow chandelier lighting.

 

"I promise." Justin sighs.

 

"Otay!" She beams before she lunges at him and latches her arms around his neck. Tensing under her embrace, Justin's breath hitches in his throat when she says... "I wove you daddy; you be good." She whispers and that one gesture breaks him down. He can feel the familiar sting of tears coming to the surface and he desperately tries to regain his composure to will them away. Wrapping his large masculine arms around her small frame, he buries his head in her curls before he pulls her against him so he can stand.

 

 

 

"Courtney where are..." Rounding the corner to the living room, Rachel stops dead in her tracks when she sees the sight in front of her. "Um...J...Justin?" She asks nervously, not knowing what to think or do.

 

Snapping his head in her direction, Justin scowls. "Give me a minute Rach." He says calmly.

 

"Look Justin, It's getting late; I need to bring her home and Diane will kill me if she knew." Rachel explains while flipping her dark hair out of her face.

 

"Just give me fucking minute. And she's not going anywhere with you so just leave!" Justin spits out harshly, feeling Courtney freeze under his hold. Looking down at her, he sighs inwardly. "Just leave Rach. Diane will be back soon. Don't worry about it." He says in a softer tone, not wanting to scare Courtney.

 

Still giving him a skeptic look, Rachel raises her hands in defeat before she drops Courtney's bag on a nearby sofa. Gathering her belongings and keys, she gives Justin one last glance noting the uncertainty in his eyes. Against her better judgment, Rachel shakes her head sadly at her distraught cousin. "Being like this isn't going to bring any of them back Justin." She laments.

 

"Just shut up Rach! You weren't there. I was! You don't even know what happened." Justin says through gritted teeth, tightening his hold on his daughter.

 

"If you don't tell us, we can't help you."

 

"Just fucking leave." He snaps out while turning his back to her.

 

"Listen I'm sorry ok? Courtney has some bottles in her bag. It should last her up to tomorrow. Diane will take care of her when she gets back. Just, don't take out your anger on your daughter Justin. I'm warning you. She doesn't deserve your harshness; she's only three..."

 

"I fucking know that Rachel! Do you want me to kick your ass out?!" Gently placing Courtney down on the sofa, Justin ambles over to his cousin with the fire spitting out of his eyes. Courtney simply waves to Rachel telling her 'bye' and Rachel gives her a light smile before Justin blocks them out.

 

"Get the fuck out Rachel. You had no right to bring that shit up." Justin hisses in a low voice fighting to subdue his anger.

 

"Justin..." Drifting off when he grips her hand roughly, Rachel winces in pain but doesn't make any attempt to struggle against him. Dragging her to his front door, Justin yanks it open before he pushes her out unto the platform. "I'll see you tomorrow Justin." She bows her head, rubbing at the sore spot when he lets her go.

 

Rolling his eyes in annoyance, he takes a step back getting ready to close the barrier between them. "Whatever..." He chides before he slams the door shut in her face, locking it in the process.

 

Reversing and still staring at the wooden barrier, he roughly wipes at his face as a light coat of sweat begins to form on his forehead. Damn it, he really doesn't need any old memories resurfacing. He's in hell on earth already as it is.

 

 

 

Feeling a tug on his shorts he looks down to be met by a pair of curious blues. "Daddy bad. Not nice." Courtney pouts and he can't help but smile softly at that. She's actually scolding him. That's just...too weird for him...but, still cute though.

 

"I...I know...I..."

 

"You sowwy? Is ok." Courtney beams.

 

Blowing out air, Justin picks her up in his arms before he heads into the kitchen. Not knowing the first thing about parenting, he can feel the nerves slowly kick in since they are the only ones in here. He actually sent his girls out for the day so he could have this time to his self, but, when he realized how the silence was slowly driving him crazy, he needed some company. He couldn't have asked for a better companion than the one he has here with him right now. "Are...you hungry?" He asks, while he enters his spacious marbled kitchen.

 

"No." Courtney simply replies while playing with his shirt until he places her to sit on the island.

 

"Ok, well I am." Justin chuckles, moving away from her to swing the refrigerator door open.

 

"Daddy?"

 

Tensing when she calls him that, he tries to put on a pleasant face, but fails miserably. "Courtney, I won't scream at you, but, please don't..."

 

"You wove mommy?" Courtney cuts him off completely ignoring his request.

 

Glaring at her wide-eyed, Justin pulls out some left over pizza before he slams the door shut. Placing two slices in the microwave to heat up, he finally stares at his daughter fully intrigued. "What do you know about love?" he inquires while arching a brow in amazement.

 

"I wove you and mommy. So, mommy wove you and you wove her." Courtney smiles, causing Justin to laugh heartily.

 

"You're just a regular little philosopher huh?" He jokes, walking over to push some of her tendrils out of her face. Giggling and blowing out spit bubbles, Courtney bounces slightly on top of the island as her legs swing over the edge.

 

As his mind begins to drift, Justin's smile slowly fades when he remembers the day that Diane told him she was pregnant with Courtney. Startling when the microwave beeps, he completely ignores it as he continues to stare at the petite three year old who's watching him so contently.

 

Dear god, what would Courtney think of him if she knew what he...what her own father did to her mother because he...he didn't want her? Because he thought...he was going to have a replay of his past? She'd hate him. He knew she would. He couldn't deal with that.

 

Feeling his breathing deepen, Justin's head drops immediately as he blinks back his tears while muttering obscenities under his breath.

 

"Daddy what wrong?" Courtney's voice cuts through his memories eliciting a slight whimper from him as he rests against the counter adjacent to the island. "Daddy? No cwry...mommy wove you."

 

"Jesus..." Justin mutters, bringing his palms up to his face as he heaves slightly.

 

"Daddy?!" Courtney shrieks in a shaky tone, causing Justin to snap his head up at her. Rushing over when he sees that she's trying to get off the island, he swiftly picks her up in his strong arms.

 

Watching her in silence, he sniffles tremendously as a few tears roll down his cheeks. "God...I...I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry Court." He chokes out while gasping for air before he hugs her against this firm chest. "I didn't mean to..." He sobs, cradling her body against his own.

 

"No cwry daddy." She whispers, hugging him the best way she can with her tiny hands. "You be good now." She says in her small baby voice.

 

"Oh god..." Justin hiccups, latching unto her for dear life. "I...I...shit..." his voice fades out into a cough. "Mommy doesn't love me. No...no one does because I'm a monster." He says in a grainy whisper.

 

"No cwry, I wove you daddy. You good now." Courtney coos and since he's too worked up to even find his voice to reply, Justin just remains silent, feeling his heart pounding fiercely inside of his ribcage as he keeps his death grip on his daughter, praying that she'll feel the same way when she grows up and she's old enough to understand exactly what he is...what he's become.

 

 

****

Hours later...

JC's Estate...

Saturday Night...

 

 

"So this is a nice surprise." I smile warmly at JC as I absorb his surroundings. His mansion isn't any different from Justin's own really. It's just decorated to his liking. I have to admit, I feel more at home here than I do at Justin's. I guess that's a really bad thing.

 

"I'm glad you like it. So how's the food?" JC enquires while grinning from across his vanished ebony dining table.

 

Looking down at the pasta, greens, baked chicken and potato salad he prepared, I can't help but gush over it all. He actually surprised me with dinner here at his home. How sweet is that? God, I'm loving all of this a little too much right now. Plus, he even added the candle lighting and everything! "It's...amazing." I sigh, taking a forkful of pasta into my mouth.

 

"Good. I'm glad." He smiles. "Only the best for you." He states, while taking a sip of his red wine.

 

Swallowing my food contents and taking a sip of my drink, I wipe at my mouth lightly before I respond. "Yeah well, you didn't have to do all of this. I mean, this is the first time any of Justin's clients have..." Cutting me off with a groan, JC shifts in his seat before he stretches over to grip my hands in his.

 

"Diane. I'd really like it if you didn't think of me as only Justin's client. He and I, we have some history that's allowed us to bond. But, I'm far from being any of his regular clients. Besides, I'd like to think me and you were friends first." He smiles sweetly and I just frown.

 

"I've been meaning to ask you about that." I imply.

 

"About what?" JC furrows his brows at me in confusion, stroking the back of my hands with his fingertips.

 

"What kind of history do you two have that makes Justin drop his defenses for you so easily?" I frown when JC's body goes rigid by my inquiry and my eyes widen when I see a flash of anger in his orbs.

 

Resting back in his seat, JC simply looks away from me, taking another sip of his wine in silence. Keeping my eyes on him, I continue to eat my meal, not wanting to upset him any further. "We uh...we used to be involved in some stuff that...well..." Trailing off, his dark blues latch unto my brown as his brow knits in confusion.

 

"Look Diane. The simplified version of our history is we met when we were both taking part in a business venture. The deal went sour and one thing led to another. Justin supposedly wanted some type of revenge on the bastards I was dealing with at the time so he came to me for some help. Obviously, I only agreed if the price was right and for him it was. He was adamant on taking them out, so, I helped him to do it. Needless to say, their boss wasn't pleased with our double-crossing so he tried to kills us. Things didn't go too well on their boss' part since Justin and I managed to escape with our lives. I think after that close encounter both Justin and I decided to give up that lifestyle. I will tell you this: Justin was just as fucked up then as he is now. Look, I know you're wondering if I have anything to do with it but I don't. Justin was like this when I met him. In fact, he was worse. Just, please don't ask me any questions because this is the only one I'm willing to answer..." JC divulges before taking in a deep breath.

 

And I'm rendered speechless.

 

What the hell? This story doesn't make any type of sense. What were they into? It sounds like some drug thing. God, I hope not. Even after years of being out of that game, your enemies always have a way of finding you to finish what they've started. Shaking my head sadly, I cast my vision to my plate of food. I don't even know what to think anymore.

 

I can't get the picture of Justin's broken form out of my mind when I left him earlier today. It all hurt so badly and...

 

"Listen Diane. I know you're not happy with him." JC states in a softer tone. "I can see it in your eyes. I know you're probably wishing for ways out of this life but you maybe feel trapped or something..."

 

That certainly catches my attention. Snapping my head up, I glare at JC who holds a sly grin on his face.

 

 

 

Remaining silent, I listen to him as he continues to speak. "I don't care to even know how you've gotten into Justin's clutches. All I'm saying is, you've made quite the name for yourself and you are very popular. You're one of the most sought after erotic entertainers out there and I'm sure you know that. You're Justin's main asset Diane, so, I can understand why he wants to hold unto you but do you really want this?" Leaning forward awaiting my answer, JC kisses the top of my hand gently before he places it to rest on the table.

 

"N...no..." I sigh pitifully, avoiding eye contact with him.

 

"That's what I thought. And, with that little girl you have..." His tone suddenly hardens as he seems to be deep in thought. "She doesn't deserve this either. Just, give me the word..."

 

"What?" I cut him off with a shocked expression on my face.

 

Darting his tongue out to lick his lips, JC pushes back in his seat, folding his arms across his chest. "Give me the word and I'll take you out of here." He says in a serious tone.

 

"Are...are you for real?" I ask incredulously, shifting uncomfortably in my seat.

 

"Yeah well...I own a chain of nightclubs in Europe. I'd like to think I've made a name for myself. I'm offering you a different life and job up there if you'll take it. I'm going to head back to Europe in a few weeks once I get Justin on his feet with the nightclub that he has under development. That's the only reason why I'm here..." There's a glimmer in his eyes as they darken immensely by the mention of Justin that I can't quite identify but god, I can feel my pulse increasing in speed.

 

This is...this is what I've been longing for, for almost a decade now. Now that it's right in front of me, I'm not sure what to say. My mind is screaming for me to say yes and to take his offer, but, I don't even know anything about him. And, now that Justin seems to be really trying to get better can I really leave him like this? God, why is this so confusing? I...I can't take Courtney away from her father.

 

"Diane..." JC sighs with annoyance in his voice. "If you're worried about your kid, you can simply come with me first and get settled in. Once you're established, we can go back for her. I'm sure if I offer Justin enough money he won't even care." JC spits out and I hate to say it, but, he might just be right about that. I mean, Justin doesn't need me around does he? God, what am I thinking? I can't leave my baby and I don't even know JC like that.

 

"Look, JC that's nice and all but I uh, I need some time to think about this. I don't even know..."

 

"Fine. Just take your time and let me know. I'll request you some time again so we can go into further detail. Any questions you may have about this, I'll be glad to supply with an answer so you can know as much as you need to know to feel comfortable about trusting me. But, I don't suggest you tell Justin anything just yet because..."

 

"Oh I know." I cut him off with a smile. "It's...it's fine." I assure him and he nods.

 

"Ok then. Well, eat up huh? I need to get you back home soon." He explains.

 

"I really appreciate this JC. More than you know."

 

"I'd do it for any other friend Diane. You're an amazing woman and you only deserve the best." Giving me a cheeky grin, JC jumps slightly when his cell goes off. Clutching his chest and chuckling lightly, he excuses himself as he grips the phone from his pocket to answer it.

 

 

 

Tuning out JC's conversation, I concentrate on my plate of food suddenly losing my appetite. I know JC means well and I really do like him a lot but, I...I can't...god I don't even know what I'm thinking.

 

I can't leave Justin or Courtney. Justin needs me. They both need me. I mean, if Justin will make an effort to not take his temper out on me then I'm willing to help him tame his demons. I just need to know that he's really serious about this. I hate to say it, but, even after everything he's done to me I still love him. Love makes people stupid and causes them to do some really dumb things. I'd say I'm way past that to the point of being insane, but, I know now why I'm still here. I know why I still care. I love him. I'm in love with him. I've never ever told him this for fear of how he would react.

 

Justin is not the type of person that shows any form of love whatsoever. I even thought at one point that his heart was so cold and hard that he didn't even know what genuine love was. Unfortunately, I'm starting to think otherwise. I think he knows exactly what love is and he's afraid of it. I wish I knew what was going on with him. I desperately want him to tell me.

 

Before, I would have wanted to know to use it against him, but, now I need to know to be able to help him...

 

 

Whipping my head up when I hear JC yelling, I drop my fork and gulp down my glass of wine as he stands on his feet, kicking his chair back in rage. Wow...

 

His face is turning a bright shade of red as he clutches unto his cell phone tightly. "I fucking know that Grant! Would you just give me a little more time and I'll..." Drifting off, he rolls his eyes in irritation before he passes his hands through his dark locks in frustration. "Look, I have something I'm working on right now so don't worry. I'll compensate you the best way I can..." Darting his eyes over to me, JC gives me an apologetic stare and I just shrug for him with a light smile. "Can I call you back? I have company right now and...shit Grant. Cut me some slack. I wasn't the one who told you to invest your fucking money in that stupid club you asshole! I'll work on the fucking deal! I'll work on it goddamn it. It's already underway. Let...let me call you back..." JC rambles out before he shuts the phone and switches it off in the process.

 

Dropping it on the table, he passes his palms over his face before he glances at me. "Shit..." He mumbles, walking over to me. "I...I'm sorry you had to hear that Diane." He apologizes as I stand to face him.

 

"No...no it's cool." I explain wondering who the hell Grant is. Well, whatever. All of Justin's clients and friends are weird and mysterious anyway. JC is no different.

 

"Listen, I had a lot of fun today. I'm glad you enjoyed our lunch date at the restaurant I brought you to and even if dinner wasn't the best..."

 

"No...I loved it JC, all of it." I grin widely.

 

 

 

"Good." He breathes out a sigh of relief before he closes the gap between us. Looking down at me, he lifts his hand and slicks it through my long hair. "Maybe I should bring you back now." He whispers and I nod my head rapidly without budging. God, the look in his eyes they're...so dark. It's a little unnerving. Breathing deeply, JC cups my cheeks with his palms, searching my eyes for a brief moment before he slowly leans down.

 

Gasping, my eyes widen when he stops his decent as he blinks slowly. I can feel his breath against my face and his lips are mere millimeters away from mine. "We can't do this." he mutters and I'm wondering what he's even talking about. Of course we can! He paid for me didn't he?

 

"I know..." I whisper back before I take the initiative to lean up until our lips connect. Instinctively pulling me into his embrace, JC instantly deepens the kiss as our tongues battle in a heated dance. Wait, why do I feel guilty about this like I'm cheating on Justin or something? I mean I'm not; but still, I can't get over how disoriented he seems to always be whenever the topic of JC and me arises.

 

Moaning into the kiss when JC's hands begin to roam, I grip unto his blue shirt tightly to pull him in closer. The moment I do that, he freezes under my touch. Fluttering my eyes open in confusion, I stumble forward when he suddenly rips away from me, taking a few steps back.

 

"Oh no...no." He protests. "I...no, mixing business with pleasure is bad. That's what got Justin into trouble in the first place. You never get involved Diane...never. I...I can't have any feelings for you." Looking away from me, JC moves over to his table to grab his car keys.

 

And I'm still just standing there in bewilderment feeling slightly embarrassed since he just rejected me. "But, I mean it's ok. You requested me right?" I ask.

 

"Yes, but, I didn't want it to be like this. Clients aren't supposed to have any attachments. Frankly, I'm not set on breaking that rule." He spits harshly and I cringe by the firmness in his tone. "I'm sorry Diane. But, just let me bring you home. We have one more day tomorrow right? We'll make the best of it then."

 

Walking up to me, JC kisses me on my cheek and I let out a sigh. I should be happy that he respects me like this but damn it, it's not fair. Now when I actually want this to go further, he just had to be all decent and shit about it. Ugh! Well, whatever I guess. I'll just head home to take a well deserved sleep.

 

"Fine." I cave as he ushers me to his front door, swinging it open.

 

"Trust me when I say, it's for the best."

 

I'm not sure what to make by his tone of voice and the finality in his statement. Should I be reading more into it than necessary? I can't be sure.

 

Dismissing this entire awkward situation, I allow JC to escort me to his Escalade parked out in his driveway. Taking in the bright moon in the dark sky, I can't help but feel a little happy that I'm heading home to see Justin. I shouldn't be with how he's so ruthless most times but hey, when I left he was far from his deranged self. I actually kind of, sort of miss him. I hope he's still the same and hasn't switched back by the time I get home...I really hope he hasn't.

 

 

****

Justin's Estate...

Late Saturday Night...

 

 

Waving goodbye to JC from the doorway, he honks his horn before he pulls out of his parking spot heading down Justin's driveway. Remaining in place, I watch as the bright lights of his vehicle disappear out the gates and around the corner of the compound.

 

When he's fully out of sight, I exhale deeply feeling slightly ebullient with how great our day went. Well, despite the ending when there was a little tension in the air, it was great. We roamed around Las Vegas and had lunch at this cute little restaurant. It was really sweet.

 

But, enough reminiscing. I have other things to deal with right now. Like walking through the threshold unnoticed. If I can just sneak up to my room then...

 

Closing the front door gently, I lock it and turn on the alarm system before I begin my journey towards the staircase, dropping my purse on a nearby table in the process. Unfortunately for me, I stop mid-step when I hear the TV blaring in the living room. Now usually, I'd not think anything of it. But, when I make out the voices of the characters on television to be none other than Spongebob and Patrick singing about jelly-fishing, I know something is wrong.

 

Feeling my heartbeat quicken, I make a detour and practically dash into the living room like a maniac. Stopping dead in my tracks, I blink a few times to make sure my vision is cleared and I'm not hallucinating.

 

Slapping my palms over my mouth, I gasp in astonishment at the sight in front of me. I don't know if I should scream, cry, leave or stay.

 

I think I'll pick two out of four. Feeling my tears rapidly building and threatening to break through the surface, I silently tiptoe toward the pair on the leather couch.

 

Finally standing in front of them, I look down in awe as a few single tears roll down my cheeks. Wiping them away, I sniffle lightly still in wonderment feeling slightly perplexed.

 

God, they look so adorable...so precious.

 

The way he's holding our baby so protectively against his broad chest with his hands draped across her little back is so breathtaking. They're sound asleep too.

 

Justin is snoring lightly with his head back on the arm rest of the couch. He's lying on his back and Courtney is sprawled out over his chest on her stomach.

 

Not wanting to even wake them up, I cautiously take the remote from Justin's hanging hand and switch off the television.

 

Tensing when he shifts, I remain frozen in place as he groans before his eyes slowly flutter open.

 

Darting his eyes around the spacious room, Justin's tired orbs finally land on me. "Di?" he whispers groggily before he yawns and shifts under Courtney.

 

Still too shaken up to even say anything, I rush over to him to help him with Courtney. "Here let me take her." I choke out, fighting back my tears. Moaning lightly as he seats up, Justin rubs at his chest before he eyes me interestingly.

 

Gently pulling her into my arms, I turn to leave. "I'll be right back..." I ramble out to him rushing out of the living room with Courtney.

 

Sprinting up the stairs, I kick my room door open with my baby in my arms. Pulling back the red patterned comforter, I place her to lie down then kiss her forehead as she squirms until she gets a comfortable position and her breathing evens out.

 

Giving her one last glance, I exit my room, shutting the door gently behind me.

 

 

 

Finally making it back into the living room, I notice Justin is stretching out his limbs as he stands. Looking at me with droopy eyes, he smiles lightly before ambling over to me. "So how was it?" he inquires smoothly.

 

"It...was fun." I give him a tight smile before I turn to head into the kitchen. Looking through his cabinets, I pull out a bottle of scotch and a glass.

 

Entering the kitchen a few seconds later, Justin smirks when he sees what I'm doing. "Care to share with me why you're going to drink?"

 

Turning to face him, I shrug before I open the freezer for some ice. Dumping a few cubes into the glass, I quickly pour out the poisonous substance. Before I can bring the glass to my lips, Justin easily rushes forward and yanks it out of my grasp.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you Di?" He's looking at me in curiosity but I can't even tell him. I can't tell him I'm considering leaving him. I think I'll take it harder than he does anyway.

 

"I just have a lot of stuff on my mind."

 

That causes Justin to raise a brow. "Oh?" Placing my glass down on the counter, he rubs his hands together before he connects his blues to my browns. "Drinking doesn't solve your problems. Trust me on that one." He says bitterly.

 

"No shit." Then something dawns on me. "Where is Rachel Justin?"

 

"Uh, I sent her home." He gives me a sheepish grin and I just roll my eyes.

 

"She pissed you off?" I ask knowingly.

 

"Well, not really. Well, yeah kind of. I just thought since you were asking for Courtney to stay over I might as well..."

 

"Where are the other girls? In here is so quiet." I inquire again, realizing the background is lacking their familiar giggling and chattering.

 

"I sent them out for the night. I just wanted some alone time I guess. They should be back soon. Uh, Courtney was good company though." He admits nervously and do I even want to know? I'm just happy he can stand her around him, so, I'm not about to ask to piss him off. Whatever clicked in his brain to spend time with his daughter is a good thing. I just need to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't take out any of his anger on her because you can bet love, jail, everything be damned. I will not hesitate to stab him. I'm just saying.

 

"Hmm...ok." I relent while picking up my discarded glass, but, Justin takes it away from me again before he closes the tiny gap between us.

 

Emptying the contents into the sink next to us, he presses his body against mine looking down at me with wide eyes. "I...if...I...I t-tell yo-you something...promise you wo-won't rub it in." He stutters terribly and...awww he's being cute again.

 

"Ok, I promise." I smile widely.

 

Taking in a deep unstable breath, he encircles his arms around my waist before he rests his forehead against mine. Gazing into his eyes, I can see a mixture of emotions swimming through those crystal blues as he stares at me. "Well..." Swallowing hard, he breaks eye contact briefly before he mutters something under his breath.

 

"I'm sorry what?" I ask as a small smile twitches into the corners of my mouth.

 

"I said I missed you." He exhales loudly, almost like that was the hardest thing he's ever had to say. "And...Courtney missed you too. She kept asking me for you." He divulges and I can't help but grin like an idiot. "And look, I know you like JC and yeah, I hate that, but, only because I know that you have no idea who you're dealing with. Even if you don't trust me, just trust me on this and don't believe everything he tells you or the good guy act he's putting on. It's just a façade. Trust me when I say he can get just as bad as me if not worse." Justin explains and by the look on his face, I know he's being serious. He isn't just saying that to make JC look bad. He knows something he's not telling me and I honestly don't think he has any intention of sharing that information.

 

"O...Ok." I reply, knowing that maybe part of what he's saying might be true. I mean, I did see JC have a little temper when he was on the phone with that Grant guy. "Who's Grant Justin?" I inquire.

 

Giving me an annoyed stare, he just shrugs. "Just some guy..." He breathes against my skin. I can feel myself getting flushed just by his close proximity.

 

"But, I heard JC on the phone with him and..."

 

"He's just a fucking guy Diane. Don't worry yourself about it." Justin instantly gets defensive and I shut my mouth when I see the anger flash in his orbs. Shit, I really need to be careful with pissing him off. Groaning loudly, he digs his fingers into my sides before he shifts his head to the side. "I'm...shit...I'm sorry. I'm still trying to control my impulses." He apologizes.

 

Nodding my head, I don't say anything else. He's surprising me with how hard he seems to be trying now. And, he seems to be getting the apology thing down; plus, he seems to mean it so that's good I guess. I'm a little scared at how he can just snap so easily though. That's a very dangerous thing for anyone who may upset him in any way. He's the type of person who acts first and thinks after.

 

 

 

"Goddamn it Diane..." Shifting his weight until he's pressed completely against me, Justin kisses the side of my neck lightly and I shut my eyes instantly at how soft his lips are against my skin. God it's not fair that he can ignite the fire in my system like a damn furnace with just a simple touch. It's not fair at all!

 

I gasp slightly when Justin applies pressure to his kisses until he creates suction on my neck. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I pull him in as he works his way around to my chin until he finds my lips. Inhaling sharply, I relax against him as he pecks me delicately at first before he deepens the kiss. Moaning into the kiss, I lift one of my legs and wrap it around his waist subconsciously. My thigh accidentally grazes over his growing erection causing him to hiss before he grabs my hips tightly. Damn, kissing JC didn't feel like this at all! I feel all tingly inside and shit. Ugh!

 

Justin has the power to scramble all my brain processes when he touches me like that. That's certainly another dangerous factor about him. I can feel my heart breaking and I don't even know why. I guess I can't help but wonder what life would be like with him if he wasn't this fucked up in the cabeza...

 

He'd probably be an amazing lover and father. I wish we could get to that one day. God, I wish he would just end all of this and retire or something even if he's still so damn young.

 

Sucking in air through my teeth when Justin cups my breasts in his palms, I forcefully pull away from our lip-lock to stare at him.

 

He's just eyeing me with a pensive expression on his face. Dropping his hands to my sides, he snakes them up and down in a balmy manner causing me to shudder involuntarily. I don't think I'll ever get used to his gentle side. It's just not conducive to his normal aggressive behavior. Still, I could try to get used to it if it will last.

 

Leaning in to kiss me again, Justin's actions come to a screeching halt when the front door swings open and we're met by endless talking and laughter.

 

Letting out a low throaty growl, he sighs loudly before he pulls away from me. "The girls are home." He states the obvious and I nod feeling slightly disappointed that we were interrupted. I guess it's for the best. I need to clear my mind out anyway. Maybe I can turn in early tonight.

 

"I uh..." Wriggling against him since he's pressing his weight into me he gives me a faint smile before he moves away.

 

"Sorry about that." Rubbing the back of his neck, Justin diverts his attention to the entrance of the kitchen when we hear the voices coming closer.

 

"I'm just...going to check on Courtney and turn in for the night." I suggest, pushing my body off the counter. My knees feel slightly weak and my heart is still beating rigorously but I think I can ignore all that.

 

I'm more interested in knowing why Justin has such a solemn expression on his face. Something is troubling him. I can tell. He must have a ton of things on his mind. He seems kind of spaced too.

 

"You do that...you...you do that." He states haphazardly before he grabs his bottle of scotch and pours himself a glass. He easily downs the strong substance in one gulp. His face immediately contorts as he coughs to clear his throat. Staring at his hand, I watch how it trembles slightly when he places the glass down with a thud.

 

Before I can get another word in, Eve and Bethany suddenly come into view with a few shopping bags in hand.

 

"Oh! I didn't know anyone was here. It's so quiet." Bethany smiles, while eyeing the both of us suspiciously.

 

That's my cue to leave.

 

"Uh well I just got back not too long ago. I'm just going to check on Courtney and head to bed." I admit while trying to move around them before Bethany's next statement stops my movements.

 

"She's staying over? This is new. Justin's growing a soft spot huh?" She muses but Justin doesn't find it funny. In fact I think he's offended by her remark.

 

Shooting her a scathing look, he clenches his fists together tightly, causing the veins in his arms to pop out. "Bethany, why don't you just shut the fuck up and mind your fucking business. Don't you have some shit to put away?" Justin snaps in a condescending manner as he gesturers to the shopping bags in her hand.

 

"I...yes I guess." Bowing her head, Bethany instantly excuses her self before she turns on her heels and sprints out of the kitchen.

 

Well shit, that was...pretty cool.

 

Clearing her throat loudly, Eve excuses herself as well leaving us alone again. I can hear the other girls moving around the house and I can't help but giggle lightly.

 

Darting his eyes over to me, Justin simply jeers softly with a shake of his head before he moves to take a seat at his island. "Just go Diane. I need to make a few calls. I have some shit I need to deal with." He explains while whipping out his cell phone and I frown.

 

"Justin what..." but I swallow the rest of my words when he shoots me a warning glare. Well, I guess his pleasant mood is gone. I'm not sticking around to find out. Slumping, I shake my head in understanding. "Ok, night Justin." I sigh as I begin my journey out of the kitchen to leave him alone for the rest of the night.

 

"Night Di..." he finally whispers out and I smile to myself without turning around to look at him. Instead, I simply exit the kitchen quietly so I can make my way up the stairs to my room to check on our baby and turn in for the night.

 

I think I'll try talking to Justin at some point in time to find out what's wrong with him. Hopefully, I'll catch him in a good mood where he's willing to share.

 

Yeah, all I need is a little bit of faith, hope and maybe what he needs is a little bit of love.

 

Maybe?

 

I...I think I can pull that off.

 

I...we'll work it out.

 

We have to...

 

 

The Past - Part 1 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 8 - The Past

Part 1 - Haunting Memories

 

Justin's Estate...

Next day...

Sunday Morning...

 

He wakes up to no one at his side...again. Scratching at his bare chest, he darts his eyes over to the large glass window where rays of sunlight are seeping in. Scowling, he clutches unto his blue comforter when he feels a slight panic attack taking over as he desperately tries to clear his mind of endless plaguing thoughts. Even though he lives in a house filled with beautiful women, he's still so very alone that sometimes he doesn't want to get off that king-sized bed. But, he has a life and an empire to maintain.

 

Still, what keeps him lying in the same spot for the past hour staring at the ceiling in thought is the item that lays next to him on his pillow with a note attached to it. It's written in Diane's handwriting and he wants nothing more than to scream out in utter frustration due to the gnawing pain in the pit of his stomach from the words that are written down on that piece of paper. He knows they are harmless and she has no idea how they've affected him. They're boring a hole into his memory where he's lodged a piece of his life that he never wants to think about again.

 

Gripping the paper in his trembling hands, he brings the necklace he gave to her just weeks ago up to his line of sight. It's in one piece and looks as good as new from the night he place it around her neck. She had it fixed. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't hurt the moment she ripped it off her neck when she was angry with him just the day before. Still, she got it fixed. Why? Well, he's guessing that sharing a fraction of his past with her is what did the trick.

 

And now as his eyes scan her short note, he can't help but realize that maybe sharing with her was a mistake because now he's remembering again. His demons are right up to the surface again.

 

Blinking rapidly when he feels his tears stinging the back of his eyelids from the haunting memories he's having, his orbs flit over the scribbled words in disdain.

 

Hey Justin,

Just letting you know that I got the chain fixed. After hearing how you spoke of your dad, I realized that you and him must have been close and you loved him a lot. I'm sorry for destroying it, but, JC brought me to a jeweler's yesterday when we were out to melt the gold and have it linked back. If this is the only thing you have left of your dad, don't give it to me when you should hold on to your memories of the great times you all shared. If anything, the thought was amazing and that's all that counts, but, I can't accept this so you hold unto it. You need it more than I do. Oh and I hope you don't mind, but, since you were so great about Courtney last night, I went over with her to Rachel's today. I'll be back home tonight as soon as my last day with JC is over. If you need me, call Rachel or him since I don't have a cell phone of my own. I'll...see you later Justin and...I...miss you.

Diane...

 

Gasping for air when his passageway constricts, Justin crumples the note in his clenched fist before tossing it unto his carpeted floor. Breathing deeply, he looks down at the piece of diamond jewelry, wiping at his soggy eyes before he turns on his side, wishing he'd just disappear in a puff of smoke as he unwillingly allows the memories of his life and his past to take over, after years of successfully keeping them buried deep inside...

 

 

*****Flashback*****

 

"You're a waste just like your adulterer of a father!" A thin, mid-aged woman with thick, sun-kissed, golden brown curls and piercing eyes shakes her son vigorously as she screams out obscenities at him.

 

Trying to resist the urge to lay his hand on the woman who gave birth to him, a sixteen year old Justin simply shrugs by her remark. "Whatever Ma..." He mutters uncaringly under his breath noting how the rage in her system boils over. They've been at each other's throats like this for weeks now. He isn't sure how much more he can take.

 

"Don't get smart with me boy! After all these years, after I've invested so much time into raising you and this how you repay me?" She snaps, shoving him out of her hold in detest.

 

Rubbing at his sore arm, Justin's blues connect to her orbs mirroring her anger as his own. "You think I asked for this? You think I asked for your perfect little family to blow up in your face because Dad was cheating? This has nothing to do with me Mom! I wasn't the one who..." But his words are cut off when his mother raises her hands and smacks him right across his left cheek with all her built up fury.

 

"How dare you!" She spits out in a strangled breath. "You did this! You knew he was cheating with that whore and you didn't do anything about it Justin! You let that bitch rip our family apart!"

 

Gripping his cheek in shock, Justin stumbles back a bit still eyeing her viciously. "I did this ‘mother'?" he asks in a low tone. "Just because I'm the only one who supports dad and his empire I did this?" Laughing maniacally, he snakes his hands through his thick golden brown curls before he inhales sharply. Still glaring at his mother, he knows better than to piss her off further. She has a terrible temper and he doesn't want a replay of the night his mother found out her husband was cheating on her with his mistress, who is his present wife. She pulled out a knife on him and threatened to kill him if he ever set foot in this house again. Justin knew at that time his mother was hurt and even if they didn't get along and he was closer his father, she still didn't deserve any of this.

 

"Just leave Justin. Just go be with your backstabbing father. It's where you're going isn't it?" She inquires, hugging her slender frame as her tears slowly roll down her cheeks.

 

"You can't seriously blame me for this?! I'm just a fucking teenager mom! So yeah, I suspected dad was fucking around but what the fuck was me knowing going to do? It wasn't going to solve anything. Your marriage was doomed anyway. Maybe if you supported Dad in his career and wasn't such a workaholic and had some time for him, he wouldn't have strayed ma! He would still be here and I wouldn't have to be switching between two fucking homes like this!" Ending his statement in a high pitched scream, Justin hands fly up to his face as his cheeks heat up. He knows he has a bad temper. He also knows that it comes from his mother's side of the family. But, he isn't about to take it out on her.

 

"Oh is that right? Well hotshot, if you think your father's ‘career' of housing a bunch of whores is admirable then why don't you join him? I can only imagine that he'll be leaving this little empire to you since you're his only son. Both he and your late grandfather were a bunch of horny self-centered bastards..." Justin mom spits out cattily watching as her son's frame literally shakes with stifled sobs.

 

"That's not fair..." Justin chokes out. "I didn't...."

 

"You didn't ask for this? Well you got it Justin. You're going to follow right in his footsteps. You're going to be just as bad as that asshole father of yours if not worse. I guess once you break the rules anything goes right?" When she doesn't receive an answer from her son, she sighs exasperatingly. "Just leave. Go be with your old man, but, you make sure you never step foot in this house again." She adds coldly and Justin's head instantly snaps up at her.

 

"What? But mom..."

 

"Don't mom me. As of now, you are no longer my son. I'm ashamed to even call you my son. All you've ever gotten yourself into was trouble with that stupid gang of yours. I looked past it, but, this...this can never be forgiven. You never really were a good son. You were and still are your father's son and you condoned his infidelity because you wanted to get back at me since you were angry with the way I was raising you. You didn't want to listen to reason and change your street ways. You always took his side Justin. So you be with him. You pack your things and you leave now else I'll have you kicked out by Rocky." His mother turns her back to him and begins walking away.

 

Grimacing at the mention of Rocky who's his mother's current ‘boyfriend' and a six foot three inch body building giant, Justin wipes at his eyes roughly before he tries to regain his composure. He knows his mom is right. He didn't tell her about his dad's infidelity because he wanted her to feel the pain he felt for all those years when she claimed he was never good enough. Nothing he did was pleasing for her. Sure he was just a kid who didn't hang around the best crowd, but, he always tried. He always tried to earn his mother's love but he always fell short. Now, she practically disowned him. It's not like he didn't see this coming. He just never thought it would hurt this much though.

 

Not able to find his voice to even make a comeback, Justin remains stationed in the middle of their small living room watching as his mother's broken frame swiftly retreats from her previous spot until she's completely out of sight.

 

As he's standing there alone, he scowls when he feels a few tears streaming down his cheeks. Not making any attempt to wipe them away, Justin quickly storms out of the living room and sprints up the stairs to his bedroom to pack his belongings and get out of this place where he's not wanted. At least, he has his dad.

 

His dad has always loved him unconditionally and never looks down on him. Even if Justin doesn't fancy being the heir to his father's empire, he's glad that his old man always has his best interest at heart. Since his father is all he really has left, Justin focuses all of his love, time and energy into pleasing him. At the end of the day, he knows that without Randy Timberlake he has nothing and no one, so, he's grateful for that one positive factor in his screwed up life.

 

*****End of Flashback*****

 

 

Groaning with annoyance, Justin instantly jumps up from his bed as he drops the gold necklace unto the comforter. Ambling into his bathroom, he discards his boxers before sliding the glass doors to his tiled shower open. Turning the dial of the shower and setting the temperature on warm, he easily gets in shutting the door behind him. Stepping under the faucet, he bows his head as the water bats on his naked skin, soothing his muscles and tensed form as his memories continue to consume him.

 

Placing his palms up on either side of the shower wall, Justin draws in a sharp intake of air when he feels his chest tightening by the thought of his father and the look of terror he held in his eyes just before he died. Those eyes have been haunting Justin's every waking moment, and now, he can't keep them from tearing through his consciousness and sending his feelings on a destructive tailspin...

 

 

*****Flashback*****

 

As Justin makes his way unto his father's estate grounds with his duffle bag at his side, he can't help but wonder what his father's into besides the exotic entertainment business. He remembers the last time he was there, his dad was arguing with a man out by his pool about some deal and when he caught Justin eavesdropping he sent him home to his mother. Now that his mother kicked him out, Justin is hoping his dad will have a permanent house for him to stay. He's willing to look past his father's flaws just because he has someone who's there for him at this critical time in his life. After all, he may have the knowledge of surviving on the streets, but, he still doesn't know the first thing about really taking care of his self.

 

Since it took him a four hour bus ride to get here, Justin feels tired, hungry and a little weary. It's dark out now, but, he knows the security code of the estate so he simply lets himself in, not wanting to disturb his dad incase that he might be busy.

 

Ambling up the winding driveway, Justin walks briskly to the front door wanting to crash for tonight because he knows that even if he's here unannounced, his dad will never turn him away. Making it unto the platform of the mansion and getting ready to ring the doorbell, he hears what sounds like a loud crash coming from the inside followed by raised voices.

 

Resting his ear against the door frame, he listens intently making out one of the voices to be his father's. He remembers his father telling him once that if ever there was a commotion he was to hide away out of sight so no danger would come to him. At sixteen years, Justin smirks at that notion. There is no way he'll be able to remain hidden if that ever happens. Still, curiosity has gotten the best of him.

 

Trying the knob and realizing that it's locked, he groans. Wanting to know what's going on, he lifts his hand to ring the doorbell again but freezes when he hears the other voice to be feminine. It's his father's mistress and now wife.

 

Justin's irritation instantly peaks. He never liked her. He always thought she was a gold digging whore. He always blamed his father for getting himself into this mess. That's why there were rules that were meant to never be broken. Justin knows if he ever takes over this business, he'll make sure that no matter what happens, he'll never break the rules like his father did.

 

Darting his vision to the large glass window on the side of the door that's hidden by the bushes of the surrounding garden, Justin cautiously moves to the side so he can get a look inside to see what the ruckus is about.

 

Crouching down in his baggy jeans, he clutches unto his duffle bag as he tugs at his blue t-shirt, staring at his father and his wife who seem to be going at it. Rolling his eyes, Justin listens intently as their voices filter outside...

 

Frowning, he picks up on her saying something about his mom and how his father is wrong to ever think she deserves any type of apology for neglecting him...

 

 

 

"You can't really be serious Randy about this peace-maker thing you have going!"

 

"Please Vernie I just need to make peace with my ex-wife." Randy tries to reason but his current wife lets out a loud scream while stomping her feet in protest.

 

"So you're giving her a fucking diamond Randy?! A diamond that should be mine and you're giving it to that...."

 

"Veronica stop this!" Randy shouts back, tightening his red dress robe before he walks over to her. Trying to touch her she smacks his hands away before she grabs the small jewelry box from his grasp.

 

"This Randy! This is ridiculous. You're wasting your money on her..." She retorts and he just rolls his eyes in annoyance.

 

"You are one jealous bitch!" Randy spits out and Justin chuckles by that as he continues watching their interaction fully intrigued. Maybe he should end this. They look really riled up. Maybe he should just ring on that doorbell and...

 

"Oh? Oh! Well, this is what I think of your precious ex-wife and that bastard son of yours who is an embarrassment to you both!" Furrowing his brows by Veronica's remark, Randy stares interestingly as she stomps over the front door and whips it open before she chucks the small jewelry box outside and slams the door shut.

 

Bending behind the bushes, Justin shifts uneasily feeling a little hurt that Veronica would talk about him like that.

 

"Now that wasn't called for Vernie." Randy says calmly even though his anger is shining through his orbs.

 

"Oh spare me. I always felt you wanted to go back to her. You want to leave me now Randy? After everything you promised me? You told me you loved me. You said you'd give me anything my heart desired yet we're still here, fighting over that bitch! And Justin...don't even let me start on him. You love that boy more than you love me and your own damn self. I don't see why, he's clearly a mistake..."

 

"Enough Veronica!" Randy's voice booms out. "Now it's one thing to talk about my ex-wife, but, to talk about my only son like that, I won't allow it!" Randy cracks out as he grips Veronica's robe clad arm roughly.

 

"Ouch, let me go Randy you're hurting me. And how would you know that Justin is your only son?" She retorts with a maniacal glimmer in her eyes.

 

Justin's interest instantly perks up and he immediately straightens his posture, standing in front of the window. All they have to do is turn and they'll see him but they seem too engrossed to even notice.

 

"What do you mean?" Randy asks quizzically while letting her go.

 

"I was pregnant you asshole!" She screams through tears. "But you wouldn't know because you were too focused on Justin and that bitch you call an ex." She says forcefully.

 

"What do you mean ‘was'?" Randy inquires through ragged breaths.

 

"You heard me. I had that little bastard killed. How could I allow a child into this lifestyle? Especially if I knew you would be putting your precious son ahead of our baby. I couldn't allow that. I couldn't allow any of that." She says coldly as Randy backs away from her in shock with tears shinning through his blue orbs.

 

"You killed my unborn child? Why? Why!? You murderous bitch how could you?" He yells while rushing up and gripping her arms, shaking her violently. "What is wrong with you Veronica? I thought you loved me and..."

 

"Oh please. I never loved you." She retorts causing him to freeze under her words as shock takes over.

 

"I...I don't understand I thought..." Bowing his head in confusion Randy snaps it back up almost instantly when he sees their pool guy coming into the living room where they are situated, asking if everything is ok.

 

 

 

Realizing that he's seen enough, Justin bends down to pick up his duffle bag, slinging it over his shoulder with every intension of ringing that doorbell to interrupt this little feud. Plus, he has a few choice words for that witch. Still keeping his vision cast downwards while unhooking his jeans in a prickly bush, his head jerks up in fright and he nearly tumbles over when he hears a gunshot.

 

Focusing his vision through the windows, his palms flatten on the glass surface as his orbs grow wide with shock and fear when he sees his father on the floor with his hands in the air looking up at Veronica who's....who's pointing a gun down at him!?

 

What the fuck is going on!? Feeling his heartbeat instantly quicken, Justin begins gasping for air as panic takes over. Shit, he needs to do something...anything. But, if they...if they find him here they'll kill him too. Frowning when he sees the pool guy laughing before he kisses Veronica's temple, Justin instantly puts two and two together.

 

He knew it!

 

He knew that bitch was a gold digger. Now his...his dad is going to die because of his stupid mistake of trusting her.

 

Blinking rapidly as the tears roll down his cheeks, Justin lets out a strangled whisper completely disoriented with what's happening. He's frozen solid in shock not given enough time to really fathom what's happening. Fear empowers his entire form keeping him paralyzed in place. "Dad..." he whispers, clawing at the window as he hears his father begging and asking Veronica why she's doing this.

 

"You're not going to take away what I've worked so hard in getting Randy. I won't allow you to leave me and go back to that bitch of yours. You won't take this away from me. And when I'm done with you, your son is next..." She replies callously.

 

Slapping his palms over his mouth in shock, Justin instantly reverses from the window darting his eyes around while trying to figure out what to do. But then, he hears his father's cry and he spaces out as he holds his breath when his dad's eyes dart over to the window. Thinking he didn't notice him, Justin tries to move but his legs instantly give way when his dad does a double take and fixates his vision on his son.

 

Heaving, Justin hunches over while gasping for air as his tears cloud his vision. When he looks up again, he realizes his dad's gaze is apologetic but stern meaning he doesn't want Justin to give his presence away. There's pure terror shinning through the aging man's blues that mirror Justin's own.

 

Falling to his knees, Justin mouths ‘dad' not knowing what to do as his stature begins to quake with strangled cries.

 

And, before he can think to do or say anything else, the gun goes of again and his father's body falls limp unto the floor as a pool of blood surrounds him.

 

Jumping in fright and coughing roughly, Justin instantly leans over and hurls his entire stomach contents into the bush before he falls in a heap of messy emotions unto the dirt ground. Covering his face and trying to control the volume of his sobs, he hears Veronica telling the pool guy who he knows as Antonio to clean up the mess and to make the incident look like a breaking and entering before she calls the police.

 

Feeling something go off in his brain, Justin's demeanor instantly hardens as his grief slowly morphs into immeasurable anger. Scrambling to his feet, he looks through the window one more time, partly blaming his self for this. If he had just ringed the fucking doorbell...maybe...well, maybe he'd be lying there dead right next to his father.

 

Shaking off his thoughts, he scurries unto the driveway tripping along the way with his duffle bag in hand as his tears continue to flow down his cheeks like a waterfall. Wiping at his nose while sniffling, he notices the small jewelry box lying open on the pavement.

 

Picking it up, he stares at the finely crafted diamond inside with a scowl on his face. Snapping the box shut and stuffing it into his jeans pocket, Justin takes one last look at the white two-story mansion before he turns on his heels sprinting down the dark driveway and climbing over the estate gates in record speed...

 

He'll be back. He'll be back to end this and avenge his father's death. There is no way he's going to let Veronica get away with this...

 

 

*****End of Flashback*****

 

 

Jumping when Justin hears a knock on his bedroom door, he wipes at his eyes realizing that the water is slowly cooling. Fighting to turn the shower dial with shaky hands, he finally succeeds before exhaling harshly.

 

Swinging the glass door to the shower open, he quickly grabs a towel and wraps it around his slender waist. Smoothing his palms down his damp, firm chest, he yanks the bathroom door open and cuts across his spacious bedroom to the door.

 

Twisting the knob and pulling it open, his stare hardens when he notices Eve standing in the doorway as she eyes him suspiciously. Her orbs shamelessly travel down his rippled abs to the lining where the towel hangs low around his waist.

 

"Is there some reason why you're here Eve, despite annoying the fuck out of me with your presence?" Justin asks in a sharp, baleful tone.

 

Snapping her head up to glare at him, she stutters terribly when she sees the icy stare Justin is giving her before he folds his arms across his chest awaiting a reply.

 

"Ronnie and Jacob are here. They want to see you." She quickly rambles out as she takes a step back.

 

Frowning at the mention of Ronnie, Justin rolls his eyes in irritation. "Just give me a minute and I'll be right out."

 

And with that said, he slams the door shut in her face before he locks it.

 

Turning around, he passes his palms over his face trying to stable his self. Forcing his eyes unto the discarded necklace on his bed, he grunts unappreciatively.

 

"Oh for fuck's sake! I don't want the fucking thing either!" He says despairingly to no one in particular as he figures he should probably get dressed and head down to see what Ronnie could possibly want after he shot his ass all those weeks ago. He hadn't seen him since and now he just showed up out of nowhere. This should prove to be very interesting, Justin thinks.

 

 

*****Flashback*****

 

Justin arrives at his father's estate the next day to a full out crime scene. There're yellow police tapes all over the compound and roaming officers. Narrowing his eyes, he struts into the compound unaffected by the curious stares. Before he can step foot unto the platform where the front door is wide open, someone places their hand on his chest to stop him.

 

"Hold on there boy. What are you doing here? Can't you see this is a crime scene?"

 

Snapping his head up to the hovering officer, Justin just scoffs while shooting him a scathing look.

 

"My dad lives here." He spits out coldly. After spending a night at a broken down motel crying his eyes out, he isn't about to let some uptight cop send him packing.

 

Before the man can even get another word in, Justin freezes solid when Veronica runs towards them bawling her eyes out while latching unto him. Squeezing Justin against her breasts as she hugs him, he feels the bile rapidly creeping up his throat. Swallowing hard so he won't throw up again, his clenches his fists tightly as he remains paralyzed under her embrace.

 

When she finally pulls away from him and her greens search his blues, Justin gazes at her in pure detest as she flips back her blonde hair.

 

"I'm so sorry Justin. It's Randy. He...he's dead. I tried to stop them but..."

 

"I don't mean to interrupt Mrs. Timberlake but do you know this young lad?"

 

"Yes officer. He's my stepson." She divulges and Justin is just standing there watching her incredulously and wondering how she can be so uncaring. She's one hell of an actress because he was sure he didn't dream last night when he witnessed her murder his father in cold blood. But, really who would believe him?

 

The officer's gaze significantly softens as he pats Justin's back. "I'm sorry kid." He says softly, but, Justin doesn't even twitch. Instead, he allows Veronica to bring him into the mansion where it's swarming with officers and forensic teams.

 

Watching the chalk outline of where his father's body laid just the night before, he instantly shuts his eyes before another man dressed in regular clothes walks up to them.

 

"Justin this is Detective Mason who'll be handling the breaking and entering of your dad's case." Veronica whispers.

 

Looking up at the large man, Justin takes in his dark hair, dark brown eyes and thick stubble.

 

"This is the kid you were telling me about?" Mason asks while glaring down at Justin.

 

"Yes, if you don't mind I think Justin should stay with me tonight. I'm sure he came over to spend some time with his dad like he usually does and this must be devastating for him. He lives hours away and after what happened I don't think he should go home. We'll stay out in the guesthouse to not interrupt the murder scene." Veronica explains. "You all explained that you'll be back first thing in the morning and I assure you we'll be fine."

 

"Yes, yes we've negotiated. Kid doesn't seem shocked or even fazed about his old man's death..." Snapping fingers in front of Justin's face, Mason frowns when Justin cuts his eyes at him. "I guess he's traumatized or shocked. It happens. Boy might need a counselor." Mason explains still glaring at Justin noting the anger in his crystal blues. "Well, you get situated kid. We'll ask you a few questions once we're done talking to your mother."

 

"She's not my mother." Justin finally speaks before he brushes past them to the guesthouse on the other side of the estate. If anything, he is going to make his stepmother pay for what she's done. He also has no intension of telling his mother. He figures she may have found out by now anyway.

 

Sneaking away from all the officers scoping out the area, Justin rushes into his father's den pulling out a shot gun from his draw with a box of bullets. He knows were his dad keeps it in case of any emergencies. ‘This', however, is a catastrophe.

 

Stuffing the items into his duffle bag, he quickly exits the den and heads straight for the guest house knowing he will deal with Veronica later tonight when all the police officers are gone.

 

****

 

Hours later and after being asked every question in the book, Justin sits void on the floor in the guest bedroom upstairs with his knees clutched tightly against his chest as he sways back and forth. All he can think of is that look of terror in his father's eyes right before he died. He doesn't know what to think or make of anything. He knows Antonio isn't who he claims to be and he really wants to know what's going on. Only, now, he doesn't care anymore. He just wants Veronica and Antonio dead for what they've done.

 

When Veronica came in earlier, Justin pretended that he was sleeping with the gun resting snuggly under his pillow. He was sure she might try to smother him in his sleep since he's the only thing standing between her and his father's fortune. Well, she's not getting her dirty hands on it. Not if he can help it.

 

Standing on his feet with the gun in his shaky grasp, Justin swiftly swings the door to the bedroom open as he regains his composure. He's blinded by rage and grief and doesn't care about the consequences he might face if he's caught. He only wants one thing and that's to see his stepmother's body lying dead on the floor right next to her lover.

 

Silently ambling down the stairs, he stops dead in his tracks when he peers over the banister to look at Veronica and Antonio who are in the kitchen having some type of argument.

 

"I told you Antonio. Justin doesn't know who you are and Randy never knew." Veronica snaps as she pours out a glass of orange juice.

 

"But the kid watches me so suspiciously all the time and..."

 

Cutting him off with a low laugh, Veronica places the jug of juice down before she turns to Antonio to give him a quick kiss on the lips.

 

"Babe, the kid hates everyone. He's a problem child who has major issues with his mom, school and shit. He doesn't know that your boss and his dead father had major problems with investments for this little entertainment business. So yeah, you were sent here to spy on Randy's operations, but, don't you think hooking up with me and having a sure guarantee to millions worked out better?" Veronica coos as she pulls out a small bottle from her purse.

 

"Yeah babe. I guess you're right." Antonio relents as he eyes her. "What you got there?"

 

"We are going to bring Justin a little drink and hope he feels better." Veronica shrugs while twisting the cap of the bottle off before she pours out the liquid into the juice.

 

"Holy shit, that's poison isn't it baby? I like how you think." Antonio smiles as he hugs her and she giggles.

 

"Only the best for our guest." She says back with an evil laughter.

 

Hearing enough of those two plotting his murder and feeling disgusted, Justin quickly clears his throat as he ambles down the stairs and comes into view. With his hands behind his back, he eyes them when he sees both Veronica and Antonio jump in fright. Fixing his black tam on his head with his free hand, he just scowls at them.

 

"Oh Justin you scared me..." She says, quickly chucking the small bottle out of his view. "Sweetie do you want..." but she drifts off when Justin whips out the gun and points it at her with a cold, hard stare on his face.

 

"I saw you." Justin finally speaks lowly. "I was there when you killed him last night. I was there when that bullet pierced right through his skull." Justin explains calmly.

 

As her eyes widen in shock, Veronica takes a step back next to Antonio when Justin pulls back the safety of the gun.

 

"Now kid..."

 

"Shut the fuck up Latino boy." Justin chides while shaking his head sadly. Surprised at how calm Justin seems to be, Antonio instantly raises his hands in defeat.

 

"Justin you can't be serious about shooting us." Veronica says uneasily. "How are you going to get out of this? The police...they know we're all here."

 

"You're so stupid ‘mother'." Justin spits out angrily. Bringing the gun to his head to scratch an itch, his eyes dart around the small kitchen of the guesthouse before they land on a notepad. "I have this figured out. Now, you grab that notepad over there and you write out a little note to who ever should find it confessing that you killed my dad and pool boy here helped you do it. You're to say you couldn't take the guilt and knew you'd never get away with it so in a state of panic you decided to take your lives rather than face the death penalty." Justin explains.

 

"Are you crazy Justin? I'm not..."

 

"You are fucking doing it else I swear to god I will blow both your brains out!" Justin suddenly snaps as his nostrils begin to flare. "You did this Veronica. You...I watched you kill him! You're a heartless bitch. Dad should have never broken the rules for you. He should have never fallen for one of his fucking girls! You never get attached. Look at what happened because of it! I hate you!" Justin cries out as his tears begin to fall.

 

When Justin lowers his guard slightly, Antonio takes a step forward but Justin instantly raises the gun in his hand firing a shot and getting Antonio in his arm. Veronica screams in fright and Justin just huffs uncaringly.

 

"Fuck!" Antonio screams while falling to the floor clutching his wounded arm. "That little...you shot me!"

 

"Get the fuck over it. In a minute you'll be dead anyway..." Justin grunts while wiping at his face as panic begins to surge through his body. What the hell is he doing? He's just sixteen for crying out loud. Now he's turned into a murderer just like his bitch stepmother. But no, it needs to be done. He needs to do this for his dad. There is no other way. "Now are you going to stand there gawking or do what I say!?" Justin screams, watching as Veronica scrambles for a pen and paper to scribble down what he told her to write.

 

As she begins to sob, Justin rolls his eyes in annoyance while keeping the gun pointed on Antonio who's wailing in pain.

 

"You're crazy! You're mental!" Antonio screams out but Justin ignores him.

 

"Hurry up Veronica." Justin's voice booms out.

 

Crying, she quickly signs her name at the end of the note before she tosses the note over to Justin. Reading it over with a smile, he nods his head in approval while fixing the black leather gloves on his hand. He knows better than to leave his prints anywhere.

 

"Good, now...drink it." Justin orders while pointing to the glass of juice sitting on the counter before he fixes his black t-shirt in his jeans.

 

When her eyes widen in fear, He laughs out loud. "I saw you poison it Veronica so drink it!" Justin orders sternly.

 

"Justin please...I'm sorry I...."

 

"It's too late now mother. You didn't give dad a chance so I'm not giving you one. Drink the fucking thing else I'll just have to shoot you." Justin warns - his voice firm and cold.

 

Grabbing the glass of juice in her trembling hands, Veronica swallows harshly realizing that fate came right back to meet her. Looking over at Antonio who's terrified out of his skin and then into Justin's emotionless blues, she tries her luck again. After all, she has nothing left to lose now. She's going to die either way from a terrible fate she sought.

 

"Please Justin. Don't be like me...I'm so sorry I...please you're going to live with this for the rest of your life and..."

 

"Just shut the fuck up. You did this to yourself. My dad was all I had and you took him away from me and you were going to kill me too! The way I see it, it's you or me. I think that's not a hard decision to make here ‘Vernie'..." He emphasizes the nickname his father used for her in contempt.

 

"Fine." Veronica nods, completely giving up. She'd rather die by her own poison than have Justin be the one to end her life. "I hope you can sleep peacefully at night Justin." She adds in before she takes in a deep breath and gulps down the glass of orange juice.

 

Arching a brow in curiosity when she immediately gasps and drops the glass Justin watches intently as it shatters unto the tiled floor before Veronica grips her throat fighting to breathe.

 

Justin knows this will work well for him since her fingerprints are on the poison bottle. Groaning in annoyance when Antonio begins screaming and crying out as Veronica falls unto the floor writhing and convulsing while she begins to froth at the mouth, Justin walks over to her shaking form looking down at her as her eyes glaze over and instantly redden.

 

Shaking his head sadly, Justin kneels down next to Veronica's trembling form to whisper in her ears. "I'll sleep well at night knowing you're dead ‘Vernie'. Say hi to the red guy with horns for me will you?" And with that said, Justin pulls away, staring intently as her eyes widen before her breathing becomes rigid and shallow until her gasps slow to a complete halt. Tilting his head to the side, Justin takes in the way her chest raises and falls for the last time with a deranged twinkle of satisfaction in his eyes.

 

When he's sure she's dead, he checks for her pulse. When he finds none, he smiles before his head snaps over to a sobbing Antonio crouching against the cupboards.

 

"Now ask for you." Justin stands on his feet, crossing over Veronica to approach Antonio.

 

"Please Justin. You're traumatized it's understandable...I'm sorry you had to see that but your father had it coming. He...he's been cheating my father out of his investment and..."

 

"Enough!" Justin screams, silencing Antonio with a raise of his hand. "Fuck your bitch father and fuck you!"

 

Not giving Antonio any time to reply, Justin easily pulls the trigger, shooting Antonio in the middle of his skull. Smirking when Antonio falls limp unto the floor, Justin simply cocks his head to the side to crack the bones in his neck before he cracks his knuckles. Walking over to Veronica's lifeless form, he takes the shotgun and brings her hands up to grip it so it's smeared with her fingerprints. Then, he simply drops it a few feet away from her body. Obviously, if she shot Antonito and then drank the poison, the gun would have fallen from her grasp.

 

Moving away from the two dead figures on the floor, he shakes his head in disdain giving them one last glance before he grabs his bag from off the stairs.

 

Justin smiles evilly when a thought passes through his mind. "Time to call the cops..." he beams, knowing that there is no way they will ever be able to trace any of this back to him.

 

He knows his father is to thank for that little skill of covering up his tracks. He even stuck the sole of his shoes with plastic so no footprints were left. Still, it will never fill the void in his heart and bring back his old man. At least, he's avenged his death and that's enough to allow Justin to get through his days even if he knows from now on, it's going to be difficult. He knows he'll never be the same again, but, with how cold he feels now, he really doesn't care. Still, he needs to know what his father was into and track down whoever Antonio's father is. He's not going to rest until he finds the man responsible for this entire mess. Even if it's the last thing he does, Justin's going to find the main boss and put a bullet through his head just like he did to Antonio. He's going to end it all once and for all.

 

But first...he needs to get the police here so they can clean up the mess he's created...

 

 

*****End of Flashback*****

 

 

Jogging down his stairs fully clothed in a white wife beater, some grey slacks and Nike slippers, Justin heads straight for his lounge room knowing that's where he'll find Ronnie and Jacob.

 

Entering the spacious room decked out in plush couches, large cushions, a mini bar and a large plasma screen television, Justin clears his throat and asks the few girls in there to please exit so he can have some alone time with his guests.

 

When they all file out, his eyes instantly connect to Ronnie's as he takes a seat in front of them on the opposite side of the room.

 

"Ronnie?" Justin says with a hint of amusement in his voice when the younger man glares at him with terror in his orbs. "Why are you here kid?"

 

"Look Justin, before you get angry I just came to say I'm sorry for mouthing your business like that to those reporters and I understand why you did what you did and I promise you it won't happen again. Look man, I really want to prove that I'm not a screw up and I'm grateful that you didn't just decide to out me. I really am sorry Jay." Ronnie apologizes with a pleading stare.

 

Shaking his head in understanding Justin smiles for Jacob acknowledging his presence. "How's the leg?" Justin inquires.

 

"Uh, I'm still limping slightly but it's cool. Oh and don't worry, I didn't tell them what happened." Ronnie smiles proudly and Justin just chortles.

 

"Obviously, seeing as I'm still here and no cop showed up." Justin says matter-of-fact. "So why are you here Ron? I was sure I scared you away for good."

 

"Uh, well you did but I mean you still need to know what's going on." Ronnie explains nervously.

 

"What's going on?" Justin inquires as he leans forward in his seat, eyeing the two men strangely. When neither answers immediately, Justin growls loudly. "What the fuck is going on?!" He belts.

 

"Well, we found out that this guy named Grant has his boys snooping around your establishment during your shows. When one of the guys asked me about you and if you knew about a Joshua and if you're helping him with some shipments, I told him I didn't know what he was talking about. But, he insisted that I was lying and instructed me to let you know that Grant said if he found out you were indeed back in the game helping out Joshua, he'll hold the both of you responsible for his dilemma and take you all out if you don't deliver..."

 

"Shit..." Justin mutters under his breath cutting Ronnie off.

 

"Justin this shit sounds serious man. Do you need our help?" Jacob asks.

 

"No...no I can handle this." Justin explains deep in thought. "Fuck...uh ok. Listen, thanks for the heads up, but, you all need to leave now. I have some calls to make and I need to handle some shit." Justin divulges as he stands on his feet.

 

"Listen Justin..."

 

"Look Ronnie, I know you don't have anyone and you think you're a hard gangster because you live on the streets but this is serious. I don't want you getting mixed up in this. You passed the message so leave it alone Ron. I'm warning you. Next time I won't be so lenient with you. You're lucky Jacob took you in man. If I hadn't known Jac you might be dead today kid because I wouldn't have any time to house your untamed ass. Stay out of trouble Ron and make your way out." Justin explains firmly before he excuses himself and leaves the lounge room in search of his nearest phone.

 

He has to call Grant and then JC. He doesn't give a fuck if today is his last day with Diane, Justin wants her home. He'll easily refund JC of his fees for today because realizing how serious Grant is about this deal, Justin knows JC's a walking target. Justin will never be able to forgive his self if anything happens to the mother of his child. He just...he can't deal with something like that a second time around because he's getting himself mixed up in the same thing he vowed to stay away from. He knows karma is a bitch but this is ridiculous.

 

No, he'll be damned if anything of the sort happens again...

 

 

End Notes:

 


The Past - Part 2 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 8 - The Past

Part 2 - Truths Revealed

 

Justin's Estate...

Hours Later...

Nighttime...

 

His eyes flit over his surroundings as he takes in the ripple effects of the water in the pool when the wind blows. Hearing the leaves of the trees rustling and feeling the slight chill of the breeze, Justin slouches down submerging his upper half into his filled Jacuzzi tub. He puffs out the smoke from his cigar before he takes a drink waiting patiently for her arrival.

 

After phoning Grant earlier today and reminding him that he was warned about his men looming around Justin's establishment, Justin assured Grant that he was indeed helping JC and they would rectify the situation and his little issue, so, he had nothing to worry about. Justin knows JC owes him big for getting mixed up in this again. At least, he was able to set Grant at ease for now and offered to have a meeting with them at his office in a week to clear everything up.

 

When Justin finally called JC later in the day about Diane, JC refused to cooperate at first but when he threatened him about Grant, JC caved and agreed to bring her home and end their day short. That was two hours ago and counting. If JC knows what's good for him, he'll do well to not defy him in any way.

 

Still giving them some time before he calls again, Justin thinks back to when he met JC all those years ago. He doesn't want to think too much about it, but, he does remember that it was about two years after his father's death when he was eighteen. The way he sees it, that time in his life was right out of a horror movie scene...

 

 

 

Justin finally tracked down the men responsible for his father's dealings two years later. Needless to say, Justin was shocked stupid when he found out exactly what his father was into. It didn't make him love him any less, but, he was stunned beyond comprehension. When Justin learnt that JC was the new guy on the block who was looking to make a name for his self with some business investments he was working on for a new chain of nightclubs in Europe, Justin knew he had found his accomplice. You see, the men were trying to scam JC out of his finances and Justin was sure that JC had no idea who he was dealing with. That's what happened with his father. His father got the best of them and they didn't take lightly to it.

 

In order to get revenge and to put an end to all of this, Justin knew he had to take those men out. So, against his better judgment, he tracked down JC and offered him a deal. He told him he needed help to take out JC's business associates. JC was hesitant in fear that they would be discovered but Justin offered him money. No price was too steep, so, JC reluctantly agreed to help.

 

To make a long story short, they got the best of those men and killed all three of them off when they left their boss's restaurant one night. Justin literally crossed the street where he and JC were scoping out the scene. Ambling down the side ally and ignoring JC's screams to stop, Justin showed up right when the men were leaving through the side doors of the restaurant in the ally. Not giving them any chance to understand what was going on, Justin shot them all dead including their driver who was waiting in the black limo. Finally catching up and telling Justin he was crazy, JC dragged him away from the scene before they got caught or anyone saw them.

 

After than night, Justin paid JC off thanking him for his help but he wasn't satisfied. His thirst for blood was still strong. He would never be satisfied until he got to Antonio's father. Of course he had no idea at the time that would have been his undoing.

 

By that time, Justin was already given rights to his father's business. He had successfully estranged his self from his family and hadn't seen his mother or relatives in over two years. He couldn't face them after knowing of his father's death and what he did to Veronica and Antonio. His mother would turn him in for sure if she found out. He already knew she didn't want anything to do with him. He was right though. There was no way the police traced anything back to him and after finding Veronica and the note Justin forced her to write, the case was closed.

 

But, being as young as he was, Justin had no clue about how to maintain such an empire so Hugh, who was an old family friend, took him in and coached him teaching him everything he needed to know.

 

Because of that, Justin respected Mr. Hefner like he was his father. Still, he needed to have his revenge.

 

The days came and went but he was no closer to having any leads on how to find Antonio's father Franco who was the big shot who ran this little trading business. That was, until one faithful day when JC showed up again at his doorstep out of nowhere letting Justin know that Franco's men were searching for them.

 

Completely unfazed, Justin told JC he was freaking out over nothing. JC insisted that he was wrong and that they found out where Justin was living and would come looking. That certainly peeked Justin's interest and realizing that he had more than he wished to lose, he had to do something about this...only...he was too late to stop the inevitable from happening...

 

 

*****Flashback*****

 

"What the fuck do you mean they know where I live and they're coming here Josh?" Justin asks JC incredulously as he ushers the older man to take a seat in his living room.

 

"I fucking told you Justin. You need to get out of here else..."

 

"I'm no coward Josh." Justin explains but JC shakes his head rapidly in protest.

 

"No Justin you don't understand." JC rambles out in a panicked state. "We're not talking about just any men you can take out. We're talking about Franco's personal henchmen."

 

That definitely snaps Justin out of his daze. "Wha...what?" Justin inquires uneasily as he stands and begins to pace while pulling on his red Sinatra t-shirt, remembering how his father loved listening to his music. "But I..."

 

"He said something about you killing his son. Listen Justin, I don't even want to fucking know man. All I need is for you to tell me you have a plan to get us out of this mess." JC pleads while watching the younger man pace. JC knows Justin is only eighteen yet, he seems so mature for his age. JC figures that he had to grow up faster than expected. He also knows Justin is fucked up in the head royally. He never told him why he wanted this revenge. He never shared with JC why he was so obsessed with Franco. All he ever stated was that the bastard deserved it.

 

"Look Josh..." But Justin is instantly interrupted by a female's voice. Whipping his head to the entrance of his living room he forces a smile unto his smooth features before his fingers move through his tangled curls. "Babe what are you..."

 

"I heard yelling is everything ok?"

 

Sighing inwardly, Justin ambles over to the tall brunette with piercing brown eyes. "We're fine Ashley." He says smoothly but she notes the irritation in his voice.

 

"Babe, what's wrong seriously? Simone doesn't need to be worked up like this." Ashley explains. Casting his vision downwards to the sleeping one month old baby in his girlfriend's arms, Justin exhales loudly.

 

"She's sound asleep Simone." Justin assures as he locks eyes with his girlfriend of the past nineteen months.

 

He actually met her through Hugh and she'd been a godsend when he needed someone there for him. Justin fell for her almost instantly because of her spunk and witty attitude. There were times when he lost his temper on her especially when she'd catch him crying when he thought no one was around, but, he always tried to control his rage and made sure he never took it out on her when she'd pry him with questions about his behavior and state of mind. Still, they managed to make it through everything and Justin genuinely loved her and didn't know what he'd do without Ashley or his baby girl at his side. Sure they were young, but, he had more than enough money to take care of them and make this work out.

 

"Justin please lower you voice. I'm not going to ask you what you're into now but remember you have a little girl to think about." Ashley coos before kissing his lips gently.

 

"I know baby and I will..." Justin assures, but, he's cut off when he hears what seems to be gunshots followed by his security guards yelling outside of his estate grounds.

 

"What was that?" Ashley asks jumping in fright when the gunshots keep going off. Looking down and watching her baby girl stir, she gazes up at Justin expectantly.

 

Connecting his blues to JC's and noting the fear in them, Justin is well aware of what's going on. "That was fucking fast." Justin mutters before Ashley tugs on his shirt. "Baby I need you to hide." Justin says, gripping her shoulders and pushing her out of the room.

 

"What? But..."

 

"No buts Ashley. I don't have time to explain just take the baby and go!" Justin orders as his voice cracks with fear. "JC, top shelf over there...two of them are already loaded." Justin points to the shelf for JC hidden between the bookshelf and television. Nodding his head, JC does as he's told as Justin continues to drag Ashley away.

 

"Justin..."

 

 

 

"Look Ashley I..." But they're interrupted when his front door busts open and three men dressed all in black storms in with guns pointed at them. "Shit..." Justin breathes out, pushing Ashley to stand behind him.

 

"Justin!" Ashley cries out, gripping unto Simone when she begins to wake up.

 

"Stay put." Justin pushes her back further as he pulls out his own gun from the waistband of his slacks and points it at his intruders. "Who the fuck are you assholes?" Justin spits out, switching his aim between the three men.

 

"Put the gun down kid. We only came to talk." one replies but Justin ignores him. He knows he's lying. He can see the maniacal glimmer in their eyes.

 

"Get the fuck off my property."

 

"Na kid, we're not going anywhere until we teach you a lesson to never mess with Franco and his dealings." Another one of the men replies condescendingly.

 

"Fuck you!" Justin spits while pulling back the safety on his gun.

 

"Justin what are you doing?" Ashley cries out as the tears stream down her cheeks. Just then, the partial silence in the room is interrupted by the loud shrieks and cries of their baby girl Simone.

 

Losing his focus for a split second to turn around when he notices his daughter is awake, Justin's eyes grow wide with terror when he realizes the magnitude of this situation.

 

Taken off guard, he's easily tackled to the floor and disarmed by two of the men as the other one keeps his aim in Ashley's direction when she tries to move.

 

"Don't missy!" The man voice booms and she freezes solid, trying to calm down her little girl who's crying hysterically.

 

Struggling under the two men's holds Justin looks up when he sees that the third guy who's still standing, has his gun aimed on Ashley and Simone. Feeling the adrenaline rushing through his system, Justin fights and struggles to get out of his captors' hold, until they pin his head down to the floor with his cheek pressed against the marble. "Don't...don't hurt them. Do what the fuck you want with me just...don't...please." Justin cries out in a weak voice noting the anguish in Ashley's eyes as she cradles Simone in her arms.

 

Forcing Justin to stand, the two men keep a firm hold on his arms so he can't break free and escape. Staring at his discarded gun on the floor, he feels a sudden pang in his heart when he replays the night he witnessed his father's murder. Knowing that this must be karma's way of repaying him in a fucked up way, a few tears stream down his cheeks as he looks as his baby girl helplessly. Looking around for JC, Justin realizes he's no where in sight. He knows where the guns are hidden is a tough spot to find. He can only pray he gets them in time.

 

"Well, well, well, looks like big tuff guy Timberlake has a weakness. Are they your weakness Justin? Hmm?" The third man chides as he walks up to Ashley still pointing the gun on her.

 

Swallowing the lump in his throat and the initial urge to hurl, Justin shoots the man a vicious look as his eyes gloss over with pure hatred wondering what the fuck is taking JC so long. Not saying a word, the anger slowly raises in his system when the guy begins sizing up Ashley in the process who's practically cowering in fear. "Leave them alone." Justin says in a low growl, still struggling against the guys' holds.

 

"No Justin, because you see Franco wants us to get this message across. You killed his son Antonio so now it's only fair we repay the favor don't you think? I'm thinking you're going to watch them die first before we kill you. By then, you'll be begging us to kill you anyway I'm sure." Trailing off, the man darts his eyes over to Simone who's bawling her little lungs out. "Would you shut that thing up?" He screams at Ashley who grips unto Simone tighter, but, the man easily rips Simone out of Ashley's arms. Screaming and clawing at the man to try and get her baby back, he swings his hand forcefully and hits Ashley in her temple with the back of his gun knocking her out cold.

 

By now, Justin's body is rocking with sobs as his eyes widen when the man holds his little girl upside down in the air by her tiny legs. "Please...don't...not my baby girl..." Justin begs in a weak, strained voice as he feels the blood rushing to his head, threatening to knock him out.

 

Still crying her eyes out, Simone finally pops her orbs open and darts her blues around though she can't comprehend what's going on. When she won't stop crying the man starts shaking her around violently as she dangles in his grasp. "Shut the fuck up!" he screams at Simone terrifying her in the process.

 

"Oh god..." Justin heaves, using all his power to break free from the two other men's holds. When one of his hands gets free, he punches one of the guys square in his face causing the other one to let him go.

 

Unfortunately, before he can even get a step in, a gun goes off stunning him solid and everyone else in the room. Feeling his breath hitch in his throat, Justin turns his head towards the guy who's holding his daughter only to see him cradling her tiny body in his arms as a pool of blood soaks his clothes. He...he just...his baby she...

 

Blinking slowly and tilting his head to the side when Justin notes Simone's still form, he suddenly falls to his knees as his palms fly to his face when her crying stops. "Jesus..." he whispers with his eyes shut tightly, too shocked to do anything else. Hearing Ashley let out a blood curdling scream, Justin doesn't even open his eyes when he hears her screaming ‘my baby' before another shot goes off and she goes silent.

 

"You see what you get Timberlake?" The man laughs evilly.

 

Opening his eyes slightly behind his hand and tears, Justin sees Ashley lying in a pool of blood on the floor and he can't even bring himself to look at Simone who's now lying next to her.

 

"God, just...just kill me." Justin cries out desperately. "Just fucking do it!" He begs as his body trembles with his loud sobs blocking out the men's chattering. Hunched over on his knees still baring his vision with his palms, Justin inhales deeply while preparing for the inevitable. He can hear the faint sounds of the men and what sounds like a screaming JC but now, everything is turning blurry as he's on the verge of passing out.

 

Then, gunshots begin going off around him and he doesn't even flinch when he hears screaming and yelling. It all sounds faint to him like it's happening in the far off distance. He's patiently waiting for one of those bullets to pierce his body and put him out of his misery as he lets himself go on the floor, contorting into a fetal position. Blocking his ears and keeping his eyes shut tightly, he feels bodies falling around him, but, he doesn't make any attempt to move.

 

 


And suddenly, everything turns quiet...

 

And eerie silence takes over as Justin fights to breathe right, wondering if he's even dead since he feels so distraught and he's in so much pain.

 

Sill in his same spot not budging, he jumps when he feels a hand on his shoulder. When he hears JC's croaky voice his eyes instantly snap open as they connect to his friend's orbs filled with dismay. "Justin..." JC whispers, searching the younger man's face who seems to be completely zoned out. "Justin...I'm so sorry, I couldn't find them in time and when I did...I...I was too late. I'm sorry, but, I took those bastards out...I took them out for you buddy. You saved us by hiding your guns down here..." JC explains, as tears slide down his cheeks.

 

Blinking rapidly, Justin swiftly seats up as his eyes scan his surroundings noting all the dead bodies lying around. Finally landing on his girlfriend and daughter surrounded by a blood-pool he instantly heaves before his body jerks violently until he leans over and empties his entire stomach contents unto his marbled floor.

 

Still looking at Justin sympathetically, JC contemplates on his next statement knowing it has to be said.

 

"We...we can't leave the bodies here Jay. You don't want an investigation." JC explains.

 

"We'll...we...we can't Josh. No I won't do it. My...my babies need a proper burial just....oh god. I'll call the cops...I'll lie. I'll think of something. You...you go. I have nothing to hide, but, you do." Sniffling and rubbing at his red nose, Justin allows JC to help him up as his heart breaks into a million pieces.

 

"You sure?"

 

"I owe you one man. Just leave, I'll...I'll see you around."

 

"But Franco..."

 

"Don't worry about it Josh." Justin chokes out. Taking his two guns from JC's grasp, he wipes them on his shirt to rid JC's hand prints before he replace the prints with his own. "Just go Josh. I'll see you around."

 

"Thanks man. I think it's safe to say I'm through with this business."

 

"Yeah...yeah...." Justin nods as his orbs remain fixated on Ashley. "Me too." He adds in as a wave of depression engulfs him.

 

Connecting his blues to JC's, Justin gives him a weary look before he walks over the front door swinging it open. "You have a head start before I call the cops man. Lucky for me, my girls are down at the show so..."

 

"Thanks man and I'll see you around. I'm sorry again." JC sighs. Justin pats JC's shoulder before he turns and walks out unto the platform to leave.

 

Shutting the door when JC starts making his way down the driveway Justin inhales deeply as he stares at the wooden barrier before he pulls out his cell phone from his pocket with trembling hands, getting ready to call the police. He can't deal with this. He's dying inside. He doesn't even know what happened. It all went down so quickly. It's not fair. It's not fucking fair! And, before he can even dial the numbers, he falls to the floor screaming as the exhaustion and shock knocks him unconscious while the blackness surrounding him quickly takes over.

 

 

*****End of Flashback*****

 

 

For Justin on that faithful day, his cousin Rachel actually came over to see him. When she reached unto his compound and saw the dead security guards, panic surged through her system and she instantly called the police before she went in search of Justin...

 

She was the only person Justin kept any ties with since they were like best friends growing up. He made her promise to not tell his mother of his whereabouts and offered her a job with his business if she kept her mouth shut...

 

Luckily for Justin, three weeks later Franco was ambushed at his home and killed along with his men for some other deal that went sour with his traders. Even though Justin didn't get to take him out like he'd hoped, at lease the guy was dead and that was enough for him to sleep at night even though his nights were forever haunted by those memories...

 

 

****

 

 

So, I think I may have taken advantage of Justin's kindness. I'm only saying this because in the middle of my last day with JC, he called him and I could actually hear him yelling over the line spitting out profanities. JC looked terrified out of his skin too.

 

From what JC told me and what I overheard, he was to bring me home immediately. Well, honestly, I didn't mind. I was kind of uneasy around JC anyway since he kept asking me if I made up my mind or not about leaving Justin.

 

After dropping off Courtney over at Rachel's and having her lecture me about how pissed Justin would be if he found out, JC came over and picked me up for our last day.

 

We didn't really do anything eventful today. We only stayed at his place just hanging out, cooking and watching movies. We were like two old friends and I actually enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't understand was why he kept hounding me about my decision. He really seems eager to get me away from Justin and I don't understand why. I guess he just wants to help. I'm not thinking anything of it. I did beg JC for us to finish watching our movie before he brought me home though and he caved after I begged a little.

 

Now, I'm thinking that was a mistake. I know how Justin gets when someone doesn't follow his orders.

 

 

 

Still, I'm home now and as I walk through the spacious house realizing no one is home again, I'm wondering if Justin is even here. I guess he sent the girls out for the day again. He really seems to like his alone time.

 

My thoughts are quickly interrupted though when I hear him shouting a ‘Fuck' and ‘Goddamn it' from somewhere at the back outside.

 

Rushing through the kitchen and out the sliding doors that lead to the pool, I stop dead in my tracks when I see him sitting idle in his Jacuzzi, digging through the water for something.

 

When he finally pulls a wet cigar up to the surface and blows out air loudly, I can't help but smile.

 

Walking over to him as he tosses the item into the bush, my breath hitches in my throat when his blues meet my browns. His stare is cold and unnerving but he doesn't say anything. He just glares at me until I'm standing right next to him.

 

"Never pull that stunt you pulled today again Di else I swear to god..."

 

"But I thought you..."

 

"You should have waited for me to wake up and bring you over to Rachel's myself with Courtney this morning. You're so stupid. By the time we would have gotten back, Ronnie and Jacob would have been there and I wouldn't have been worried about you being out with JC because I wouldn't have sent you." He rambles out but I don't even understand or know what he's talking about. All I'm focused on right now is the fact that he's sitting in that damn Jacuzzi half-naked in a pair of blue swimming trunks looking practically irresistible.

 

Yeah, I need to not be thinking about any of that but shit...we didn't exactly finish what we started last night and...he just looks so scrumptious as the water moves over his tight firm abs. Dear god, how can I be lusting over him when he's nothing but a monster? I guess we're both fucked in the head. I should really consider getting as far away from him as possible for my own safety but now...

 

He arches a brow at me as he darts his tongue out to lick his lips. "Are you even fucking listening to me Di?" Justin inquires in a low growl.

 

"What? I...I..." I stammer when anger flashes through his orbs but he quickly hides it before giving me a knowing stare.

 

"Get in." He demands.

 

"What!? I..." Stumbling back, he shoots me a warning glare.

 

"Don't make me tell you again." He spits out roughly. When my eyes widen, he sighs. "Would you get in...please?" Justin forces out in a slightly softer tone and my lips twitch into a light smile even though I'm still a little terrified of him.

 

Slinging the straps of my yellow dress over my shoulder, I easily let it fall to a heap around my feet before I kick off my sandals. Stepping out of my clothes and remaining in just my black panty and bra, I cautiously step into the Jacuzzi and take a seat next to him.

 

Giving me a once over with a nod of approval, Justin leans across and grips his glass and the bottle of scotch to pour himself another drink but I stop him by taking the items out of his hold before I place them back down.

 

Blinking rapidly, he eyes me curiously before he straightens his posture. "Justin...please don't. You already look partly drunk. You told me alcohol doesn't solve your problems so why do you drink so much? Your eyes are red and puffy and..."

 

"It helps me to forget and it's not the alcohol." He retorts with a shake of his head.

 

"But...then what is it?" I inquire while searching his glossy blues.

 

"Nothing..." He hisses before moving away from me but I grip his chin hoping that he won't lash out at me.

 

"Justin..." I warn, forcing him to look at me.

 

"Just drop it Di." He censures.

 

"No please tell me what's wrong."

 

"I was just...crying...it's nothing." He sighs depressingly, roughly smacking my hand away and I can feel my heart ache. I'm only now realizing how terrible he looks.

 

"Jesus Justin what the hell is going on?" I ask again but this time he shoots me an icy stare.

 

"I'm getting out." He snaps. Oh no, he's not getting away from me that easily. Something is very wrong with him. He needs to let it out. He can't keep whatever it is buried inside.

 

Gripping his arms so he can't budge, I instantly straddle his waist to stop him. Glaring at me with wide eyes, he remains still gauging my next move.

 

"Don't shut me out Justin. After everything we've been through and all I've had to endure I think you owe me an explanation." I watch as his body tenses by my statement before he breaks eye contact.

 

"I didn't mean to...I said I was sorry." he mutters with a heavyhearted sigh.

 

"Sorry doesn't solve everything..."

 

"I fucking know that Di!"

 

"Justin look if you can promise that you really want to try to change then I can...I can try to...deal with all this." I say not really convinced by my own statement. I'll never forget. That I know. Still, I can try to get past all of this...I can...try.

 

 

 

Searching my orbs with curiosity, he rolls his eyes in annoyance while gripping my waist to push me off but I stop him the only way I know how. I crash my lips against his own, instantly deepening the kiss so he won't have a chance to protest.

 

Inhaling sharply and digging his fingers into my sides, Justin freezes before he makes an attempt to move me but instead, I grind my center into his lower half causing him to hiss loudly before he caves and drops his hands from my waist. Ok, maybe this isn't the best way to get to him, but, he's so stubborn that I'm thinking it's the only way to keep him from leaving. Plus, I'm extremely horny knowing I shouldn't be around him and he just looks so fucking good.

 

Groaning, his hands immediately find my butt and he grips tightly as he pulls me closer. Snaking my arms around his neck, I continue to kiss him deeply until he suddenly stops responding and pulls away to glare at me. "What the fuck Di..." he breathes out. "I...I don't want to fuck you..." He adds in, wriggling underneath me but I just smirk.

 

"I think you do." I retort, dropping my hands into the water to find his erection through his trunks. Jumping when my hands grip him firmly, Justin lets out a strangled moan before he grabs my wrist to stop me.

 

"Goddamn it Diane. I...you don't fucking understand. I can't do this with you right now." He mumbles, but, I ignore him and move the straps of my bra off my shoulder before I lean in to capture the cool flesh of his neck into my mouth. Sucking and nibbling lightly, I smile when he pants slightly as his contracted muscles slowly relax against me. "Shit..." He grumbles, instantly cupping my breasts in his palms before he twists my nipples roughly until they harden. "Move your underwear to the side." He instructs in a ragged whisper as his hands drop between our bodies to undo the knot in his swimming trunks.

 

Feeling my heartbeat quicken, I pull back to look at him and I realize his blues have darkened immensely. Swallowing hard, I lift myself off him slightly to do as I'm told as he swiftly whips out his thick, hard, throbbing erection from its confinements. My nerves instantly kick in and I know I really shouldn't... but then, he grips my waist and pulls me forward and my thoughts easily scramble.

 

Using one of his hands to position his self at my entrance, my eyes bulge out while I take in a labored breath. My center heats up almost immediately and my heart is practically ripping through my chest from anticipation and fear. Have I mentioned I'm still not used to and a little skeptic of his gentle side? Because I am. He could transform at any given moment.

 

Keeping a steady hold on my waist, Justin tilts his head to the side before he begins pulling me down unto him. Gripping his shoulders tightly when he starts sliding in and stretching my walls apart, my jaw drops from the pleasure that instantly ripples through my body.

 

"God..." Justin groans, bending his head forward to kiss my collarbone as he continues to push me down, forcing his way in until he's buried deep inside of me.

 

And I can't fucking breathe. I don't even know...god this was a bad idea...a very bad idea.

 

"Holy shit..." I finally moan while shutting my eyes and tilting my head back when he solidifies his grip on my waist to move me up and down on him.

 

Fighting to contain my breathing, I keep my death grip on Justin's shoulders as he matches my hip movements with his own while he thrusts into me powerfully. He doesn't waste any time picking up his pace as he slams into me while he directs my movements on top of him as well. "Oh...oh my god..." I pant, falling forward unto him when I feel my abdomen tightening as my orgasm starts to build already.

 

"I...I told you not now but...you...fuck...you never....listen Di." Justin pants out through each thrust as they increase in intensity causing my breasts to bounce around wildly with the warm water splashing around us.

 

Keeping my eyes shut tightly, I jump when Justin pulls almost all the way out and roughly pushes back in with no warning. "Uh...Jus...I..." Drifting off, my eyes shoot open when he begins hitting my sensitive spot over and over again. I can feel him twitching inside of me as he continues to pound into me over and over...and over... and ugh! I can't even think right with the way he's working me right now.

 

"Goddamn..." Justin chokes out, leaning forward to kiss my neck before he lets out a low growl in my ears.

 

And that just did it for me. Not able to hold on any longer, I let go and allow my orgasm to take over as I shake uncontrollably on top of him.

 

Flattening his palms to my back and hunching forward, Justin drops his head as he thrusts a few more times before he grunts loudly, releasing his load deep inside of me.

 

Trying to regain my breathing and slow down my heartbeat, I finally lock eyes with him noting his weary gaze. Smiling lightly for me, he drops his head back against the edge of Jacuzzi as he breathes deeply.

 

Shit that was quick and fucking amazing. Smoothing my hands over his wet abs, a gush of wind floats by causing us both to shiver.

 

"Fuck...we really...we shouldn't have..." Swallowing the rest of his words, Justin grips my hips to move me off of him in an instant. Sliding out, he immediately stands on his feet, fixing his swimming trunks over his waist before he reties the knot. Giving me a perplexed look, he shakes his head sadly and it's almost like he's having some type of battle within himself. "I'm getting out." He says harshly before he bends down to grab his bottle and glass, retreating into the kitchen.

 

Wow, this all just happened too quickly. A little stunned by his sudden departure, I quickly fix up myself before I get out of the Jacuzzi as well. Grabbing my dress and shoes, I head out to follow him with every intention of finding out what the fuck is really happening...

 

 

 

Storming into the kitchen and dropping my items on top of the island, I arch a brow when I see Justin leaning against the counter sipping on his poison. Ok, what the hell!?

 

"Justin!" I belt as I raise my hands in the air.

 

Barely acknowledging my presence, he just scoffs before he finishes off his drink and proceeds to pour another. Angry that he's ignoring me, I stomp over to him and rip the bottle out of his grasp. "Jesus, what fuck Justin. We just had sex and now you're acting like an asshole again and..." But I'm cut short when he forcefully hurls the half filled glass against the wall in rage.

 

Glaring at him, I just shake my head sadly before placing the bottle of scotch down.

 

"I told you...I told you now was a bad time but..."

 

"But you did it anyway. You could have pushed me away Justin. You could have stopped if you really wanted to." I say pointedly.

 

Frowning, he looks away from me before he shrugs. "I can't help that I'm weak around you Di..." he drawls, instantly morphing as his softer side shines through.

 

"You need help. I wish you'd tell me what's wrong. Just tell me Justin. What do you have to lose? I'm not going to tell anyone. I'm not going anywhere." I explain, a little scared of how he might react.

 

"I can't tell you...I can't." He whines while pushing off the counter to leave but I rush up to him and jack his chest roughly.

 

"Don't do this Justin. Don't run away from it. That's all you ever do." Ok, this is where I say one of two things can happen. Either he beats me down to a pulp or I get through to him using some tough love. "Is it your father?"

 

His breath instantaneously hitches in his throat and he stumbles away from me shaking his head rapidly. "Don't...don't say it Diane. Don't do this now." He warns.

 

"Why not Justin? What about your old man huh? What happened? Is he the reason why you're like this? What about JC Justin. How do you know him? Why do you break your rules for him so easily? And who the fuck is Grant?" I ramble on, sprouting all the questions that have been plaguing me.

 

"Stop Di. Please just shut up." He pleads, raising his palms to his ears to block out my voice.

 

Taken aback and fully intrigued by his reaction, I continue asking him questions hoping that I will finally break him down. He's practically heaving but there's no anger shining through those orbs. All I can really see is immense pain.

 

"What about that diamond Justin? What's the story behind that? You said your dad bought it for your mom but obviously she never got it. Why Justin? What the hell is going on? Was your father some type of monster like you? Because..."

 

"Enough!" Justin screams out as his face turns a bright shade of red. "I killed them ok!? All of them. I killed them because they deserved it!" He blurts out before he hunches over with his hand on his knees trying to take in air. "Fuck..."

 

And I'm speechless.

 

He killed them...who the hell is them? "You...your father...he..." I whisper but he shakes his head ‘no' before he looks up at me.

 

"No...Veronica and Antonio..." he mutters and again, shock takes over. Justin knew a woman named Veronica. That...that's my stage name.

 

"Holy shit."

 

"You wanted to fucking know...now you know. I'm just your regular monster huh?" Justin spits out coldly, straightening his posture.

 

"Justin I don't understand what..."

 

"Jesus Diane...Veronica was my dad's mistress. She was one of his fucking girls and he married her. He broke the fucking rules and he broke my mother's heart ok? Then the bitch turned on him and..." His voice and resolve suddenly begins to crack before he mindlessly takes a seat on the floor staring off into space. Bowing his head, he sniffles as he mutters something under his breath. "I watched them murder him in cold blood. I...I watched them kill my dad with no remorse...and I couldn't do anything to stop them. I...I was only sixteen..." Lifting his head to stare at me, Justin wipes at his nose before he zones out again. "I was only sixteen..." he reiterates. "Jesus and then...Ashley and...and Simone...oh god..." He sobs covering his face with his palms. "I tried to forget. I tried so hard but I couldn't and it's killing me." He divulges.

 

I'm still standing there a few feet away from him as he continues to ramble on and on about god knows what and I'm still shocked and extremely confused. I thought he was talking about his father. Who the hell are Ashley and Simone? Dear god, what the fuck happened to him in his past? This sounds like a nightmare.

 

Watching as Justin crumbles into a whirlwind of unstable emotions in front of me, I don't know if I should bolt or stay and try to make sense of what he's saying. I mean, he could explode at any minute and I don't want to be around for that. Still, watching a grown man grip his knees to his chest, swaying back and forth as he hiccups and cries, is enough to break my heart.

 

Going against my better judgment, I sigh in defeat before I close the gap between us and stoop down to his level. Placing my palms on his shoulder, I study him intently realizing that he's avoiding eye contact with me.

 

"Ok Justin. I have no idea what you just said, but, why don't you take your time and start at the beginning and tell me the real truth about your past and why you're like this? Let me help you. I'm here." I try to comfort him.

 

I'm just going to ignore that we're having this little sharing time on the kitchen floor because there are more important things to worry about here like the state of his mind. He's slowly destroying his self and I can't allow that to happen...no matter what he's done. I'm sure he had a good reason that I just need to hear him explain all of this for my own sanity.

 

Stopping his swaying, Justin darts his eyes over to glare at me before he drops his legs flat unto the floor. Gasping with fright when he circles his strong arms around my waist to pull me and sit down on him, he nods slowly before he rests his head on my shoulder, breathing in deeply and still hugging me.

 

"Ok Di, ok, I'll tell you the truth."

 


The Proposition(s) by d_simplicity

 

 

Chapter 9 - The Proposition(s)

One Week Later...

 

Justin's Establishment

Las Vegas, Nevada

 

 

"Diane, are you ok?"

 

Gazing through the large vanity mirror in the dressing room of Justin's establishment, I connect to a pair of worried orbs. Giving a tight smile, I nod lightly as Rachel stands behind me fixing my hair for one of our shows later.

 

"I...I'm fine Rach." I lie.

 

Twisting my hair into a bun, she smiles wearily. She knows I'm lying but she's not the kind to pry.

 

"Ok, but if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here." She gives me a warm smile and I return the favor before my eyes dart around the large, spacious room filled with props and costumes. All the girls are in here getting ready for one of our many shows tonight. I, I'm getting ready too but Justin insisted that I didn't perform tonight. He knows his customers are going to bitch when I don't go out there but he doesn't seem to care. Still I'm getting prepared just in case.

 

Gazing down at my tight black top and skin tight dark denim jeans, I sigh. I should probably get dressed in my costume for later but if I went against Justin's wishes he'd maybe throw a mild tantrum.

 

I guess you're wondering what happened the night he poured his heart and soul out to me huh? Well I'm wondering the same thing too. It's been practically a week and I still can't get over the shock of the horrific things he told me that was his past. And I thought what I was dealing with was bad. Dear god, he's been to hell and back just in his teenage years alone. From his issues of being suspended from school due to getting into trouble with his gang friends to his own mom, he had it rough. I guess finding out what happened to him answered every question I ever had about his behavior and attitude. I don't blame him that he's like this now. I mean, god he watched his dad get killed by one of his own girls. That's enough to make me understand why Justin is so tight about his rules. He's terrified the same thing will happen to him. Now, that part of his past I could deal with.

 

But, I wasn't prepared to hear about his girlfriend and baby girl being brutally murdered right in front of him. I think I cried more than he did that night. I literally knocked out from exhaustion. I was angry for him, depressed, scared, and anxious all at the same time. I was furious that Courtney and I had to pay for his and his dad's mistakes. I was also saddened that because of what he endured at such a young age, it permanently scared him psychologically and emotionally. Still, I shouldn't have had to pay for it under his hand. I know he's petrified. He's mortified that if he even attempts to get close to Courtney and me we'll be ripped from right under him like all those years ago. I guess it's unfair but I can't change it.

 

Still, Justin can't seriously think that karma is just waiting around the corner for him again. I mean, I think he's paid his dues, but he's not going to be able to fully change or get better if he's holding unto his past so strongly. He'll forever be stuck in that recurring nightmare. He needs to learn how to let go and stop blaming himself for all of this. Maybe if he made different choices he'd have different results, but also, maybe everything happened for a reason. But, I know why he's so angry all the time. He's angry because of everything that happened to him. What really makes his temper peek to the point of eruption is the fact that he blames himself for all of it. Yeah, can you believe it?

 

He literally told me it was his fault. He didn't deserve anything good and he didn't deserve to be happy. He blames himself for his father's death, Ashley and Simone. I...I didn't even know how to respond to that so I just held him and cried. God, we were like two basket cases but in a way I think it was partly soothing and healing. The first step was to accept it for what it was and still is and for him to finally let it out and talk about it.

 

He knows he has a serious problem that he can't control. He even admitted to feeling like he wasn't his self when he'd snap and just loose it. He's aware that there is something very wrong with him but it's not going to change anything unless he wants the help to change.

 

I mean we haven't even talked about his little breakdown since that night. After we sobered up, he asked me if I was hungry and we silently warmed up some leftover pizza before we retreated into our separate rooms for the night. It's strange but since then, Justin and I have been sort of 'ok' with each other. He's kind of distant, but we've been walking around like nothing happened. We've be walking around this past week like he didn't let me in on the fact that he was a cold blooded murderer. Is that weird? I don't even feel threatened by him like I used to. But, after hearing about his past, I'd think any sensible person would high tail out of there. But I'm still here. I'm always still there.

 

He's still unstable though, but, you know he's been really trying but it's hard. I never expected to hear any of the things he told me. I'm still shocked. And I haven't been thinking regularly since. I just can't shake off his tie to JC. He won't share that part with me and I don't know why. I need to know about JC for my own personal reasons too but I can't tell Justin that. He did promise he'd try his utmost best to not take out his temper on Courtney and me anymore. I'll loosely hold him to it for now because a person can't completely change over night. But, I think he needs psychological help.

 

I'm a little worried that if Justin hadn't shared with me, he would have gone and done something stupid. That still doesn't put him in the clear. I'm not sure how to begin helping him but, I can try to just be there for him.

 

That might be a problem though because I'm still thinking of leaving him. Only, I don't want to leave Courtney behind. That's why I need to know if I can trust JC. So far he's proven to be a stand up guy but there is still that feeling in the pit of my stomach that tells me he could mean trouble. Whatever it is, I hope I find out before I need to make my decision. I really don't want to regret anything when it's too late...

 

 

 

"All done."

 

Looking at Rachel through the mirror, I shake off my thoughts to glare at my hairdo. "Thanks Rach."

 

"You know it's what I do girl." She giggles and I smile meekly.

 

Turning around in my chair to face her when she begins clearing her station, I frown in thought. "Hey Rach?"

 

"Yeah?" Lifting her head to look at me, she shifts some of her dark hair out of her eyes awaiting my response.

 

"If you knew something about someone that could literally fuck them up and rip their life from right under them if you told, would you tell?" I inquire.

 

Arching a brow at me, she sits on the table facing me while crossing her arms over her chest. "That depends on who you're telling and for what reason."

 

"I...I don't know." I shrug, not wanting to get into too much detail.

 

"Well then, honestly no matter what it was, if I really loved that person with my entire being and heart, their secret would always be safe with me." She beams and I shake my head.

 

"I was thinking the same thing." I agree, knowing there is no way I'd ever betray Justin's trust even after all we've been through. "Thanks Rachel."

 

"Don't mention it." She leans over and gives me a quick hug, before she gathers her belongings to exit the dressing room.

 

Turning back around, I glare at myself in the mirror trying to figure out what I should do and where I should go from here. I need to make a decision and I need to make one soon. You know, I always thought this would be easy...until I met...him...JC on the job. Now, I'm not so sure it's as easy as I thought it would be.

 

On her way out, Rachel turns around to tell me her last statement that makes my mind rill even more.

 

"You know Diane, for what it's worth, I'm glad Justin finally trusted someone enough to tell them what really happened to him all those years ago. He hasn't been the same since and if he can finally open up to someone, I'm glad it's you. It's the first step for him to get better. I really want my old cousin back." Bowing her head and fixing her bag on her side, she tells me a quick ‘bye' and swiftly exits the dressing room before I have a chance to reply.

 

Staring at the closed door, I let out a depressed sigh before Bethany storms over to me.

 

Gazing at her, I roll my eyes in annoyance. "What is it now Beth?" I ask lowly while scoffing.

 

"What the fuck is up with you and Justin? Listen Diane, the girls and I have been talking. We've seen the way he is with you. If you think you're going to get your clutches into him and trap him so you can get his money you're mistaken. I won't allow that to happen." She hisses, while hovering over me with a maniacal glimmer in her eyes.

 

I so do not need to deal with this right now. Staring at her through tired eyes, I stand to face her with a bored expression on my face. "Are you done?" I inquire.

 

"No...as a matter of fact I'm not!" She spits and I really want to just slap her right now, but I don't need anymore animosity in the house. "I won't be done with you until you get it through your thick skull that just because you tricked Justin into getting you pregnant doesn't mean you are better than any of us and gives you any ranks."

 

"You are one stupid bitch." I snap. If she wants special treatment I'd gladly trade places with her. None of them know half of what I've had to endure from being Justin's favored punching bag. They're all clueless.

 

"No you're the..." But we're interrupted when the doors to the dressing room slams shut.

 

Tilting my head in the direction of the noise, I notice Justin is standing there glaring at all of us in curiosity. Just great. He looks a little pissed too.

 

"What the fuck..." then he drifts off when his blues connect to my browns. "Why are you in here Di? I told you you're not performing tonight." Justin says calmly until Bethany interrupts.

 

"I knew it! Justin, you don't have to take favors with her. The rest of us have been..."

 

"Ok, just shut up before you even go any further." He raises his hands to silence her. "I don't want to hear it."

 

"But..."

 

"Shut the fuck up Bethany or I'll shut you up myself!" He hisses while giving her an evil glare.

 

She instantly swallows her words. Yeah, they need to see deranged Justin a little bit more. Then they'll see that it's not always a good thing to be his favorite.

 

"Now, I personally do not care what the fuck you all have to say. Just don't under any circumstances tell it to Diane and especially me else I'll make you all wish you hadn't...understood? Let this be the last time." When he gets a series of ‘yes' he smiles coyly. "Good, and Diane is not performing tonight by my choice so don't give her lip for it else I swear to god, I'll cut off whoever's tongue I have to. She's joining me in V.I.P." He rambles out and I can see their faces contort into shocked expressions. Hell, I'm shocked too. It's never been heard of before where one of his girls joins him in V.I.P. This is definitely new. Looking over at me, Justin extends his hand for me to take and I give him a skeptic glare. "Come on Di." He says smoothly.

 

 

 

Figuring that I'd rather leave with him than stay in here and receive scathing looks and nasty remarks, I hesitantly take his hand and allow him to lead me out of the dressing room.

 

When we're walking down the hallway, I glare at him uneasily. "What's the catch Justin?" I inquire as he leads me to exit backstage with him.

 

"No catch." He chortles lightly.

 

"But..."

 

"No catch Diane." He reiterates before his blues gaze into my browns expectantly. His stare is soft but still unnerving. He's searching my eyes now for whatever reason until his cell goes off and he's snapped out of his trance. Detaching his hand from mine, he whips out the cell and presses the talk button.

 

After a few seconds, he stuffs the item back into his jeans pocket before he fixes his black fedora hat on his head. Linking back his hand with mine, he escorts me out into the crowd towards the V.I.P section.

 

The guests are only now piling in for the show, so, I'm happy we're climbing the stairs to the upper section before any of them can make me out. I just know there's going to be a riot tonight when they realize I'm not performing.

 

"Don't worry. I'll say you're unable to perform due to personal issues. They'll just have to accept it." Justin whispers as we make our way up to the V.I.P booths. It's almost like he read my mind.

 

Nodding in response, Justin brings me to the front row to take a seat that overlooks the stage and audience. This is a really amazing view. I can't even believe I'm up here right now. The entire setting is shaped just like those top balcony seats at an Opera house. He's really gone all out with this place.

 

"Diane darling!"

 

Whipping my head in the direction of the masculine voice, I smile brightly when I see Hugh seating a few seats away.

 

"Mr. Hefner! Hi, it's so nice to see you again." I beam.

 

"You too. Come seat with me. Let's talk. I'm sure Justin has some business to take care of before the show starts." He suggests and I look over at Justin who shakes his head in agreement.

 

"I have a small meeting to settle first. But, I'll be back." He waves to Hugh before he lets go of my hand, excusing himself.

 

And I'm left a little stunned and speechless by all this. It doesn't last long though when Hugh starts chatting to me about doing another cover spread due to all the great publicity we experienced with the last one.

 

Well, I guess I could get used to this if it will last long enough.

 

 

*****

 

 

Ambling up the stairs to his office, Justin whips out his gun from the back of his jeans and places it snuggly at the front before he smoothes out his black shirt over it.

 

Not sure how this meeting will turn out, he's made sure to keep his security guards on point. Upon entering his office, he notices that two of his guards are already in there with JC and Grant. Thanking them for their assistance and dismissing them, Justin eyes the two men briefly before he rounds his desk to take a seat on his large chair.

 

Fixing his hat lower over his face slightly, he smirks at them as they eye him expectantly.

 

"Guys..." Justin says smoothly acknowledging their presence.

 

Grant is the first to speak, "Justin cut the bullshit and let's get down to business."

 

"You're forgetting I'm here by choice Grant." Justin hisses, while leaning forward in his seat and propping his elbows on his desk.

 

He knows Grant is into the same business he's into but not as successful. They always butted heads because of it. Grant has his girls and Justin has his. Their businesses aren't close to each other but it still feels like they're in a constant competition. Not to mention he and Grant had a fall out some years back when Justin learnt what Grant was into and didn't want any part of it. They were able to overcome their differences but still never saw eye-to-eye.

 

"I'm well aware you're here by choice Justin. The point is you're here and there's no walking away if you think it's going to be easy." Grant retorts.

 

"No shit." Justin mutters while glancing over at JC who seems to be more interested in his surroundings. "Let's get this over with. Lay out the business negotiations for me and let me see how I can help this little dilemma Josh is in." Justin emphasizes, causing JC to snap his head in his direction.

 

"I'm sorry for getting you mixed up in this Jay but I have a proposition that Grant and I think might help this little situation." JC beams and Justin frowns in confusion.

 

"Ok wait. First off, what the fuck happened with this deal you all had?"

 

"Didn't JC tell you already?" Grant enquires. "He fucked me over for our last shipment. He promised me they would be of top quality but they weren't. He said he didn't know and that his traders fucked him over. I mean shit. It looked like he got that merchandize off the fucking streets." Grant hisses and Justin rotates his eyes. "You know how I feel about being fucked over Justin." Grant growls.

 

"Really, you two amaze me. Merchandise? You too Grant?" Justin chides.

 

But JC interrupts. "That's what it is Justin."

 

"No! You're fucking sick man. You know, when I found out that's what my Dad was into, I nearly passed out from shock. This is so fucking wrong in so many ways and illegal as shit. It's worse than fucking drugs man."

 

"Justin it's just business."

 

Sighing exasperatingly, Justin rubs his palms over his face in frustration. "How can you treat this like it's nothing?"

 

"Because it's exactly that." JC shrugs and the uncaring, reticent nature he's emitting is pissing Justin off royally. "Really Justin. It's just..." But JC drifts off when Justin slams down his balled up fists harshly on his desk before he stands to look down at the two men in disdain.

 

"It's not Joshua! Jesus, you're more fucked in the head than I am. For any man, to think this is normal and that this is ok is fucked up. You and Grant are a bunch of sick twisted fucks!" He screams before inhaling deeply to calm his temper. Acting up isn't going to help their situation.

 

"Now Justin..." Grant warns but Justin raises his hand in the air to shut him up.

 

"No! Goddamn it! I don't want any part of this, but, after having my back all those year ago, I figured I owed Josh one."

 

"And I'm grateful man. But just hear our proposition out." JC pleads. "It's not as bad as it seems." He tries to reason but Justin's mind is already made up.

 

"You're fucking me right now Josh?" Justin asks incredulously. "Nothing about this little business you have on the side outside of your nightclub empire is good JC so how is it not bad?"

 

"Because, they're only good for making us money. That's what merchandising in about." JC shrugs with an evil glimmer in his eyes and it's clear now to Justin that JC has a heart as hard as stone and as cold as ice. He's callous in every sense of the word and his pleasant persona has everyone but Justin fooled.

 

"Josh..." Justin says calmly while taking a sharp intake of air and cracking the bones in his neck then knuckles. "I think I'm changing my mind about this."

 

"What?!" JC panics before standing to face him. "You can't! Without you this isn't going to work."

 

"Fuck Josh! Your trafficking is not my idea of just business. This is risky shit! And, I do not condone this. I may be fucked up, but this isn't me!" Justin shouts, unable to hold his temper down anymore. "Why the fuck are you even here asking me to help you? What's the catch? Huh? You seemed like you had every intension of asking for my help even before I knew about what was going on." Justin cracks out as his nostrils flare and his face reddens.

"You didn't tell him?" Grant asks JC, a bit amused in a clam fashion.

 

Justin eyes flit between the two men before his brows furrow in confusion. "Tell me what?"

 

 

 

When JC avoids eye contact and shifts uncomfortably, Justin's heartbeat instantly quickens. They better not be thinking what he's guessing they are. "Tell me what Josh." Justin says through gritted teeth while narrowing his eyes as his older friend.

 

"Look we thought that one of your girls might..."

 

"Ok stop right fucking there!" Justin coils his fists into a ball squeezing tightly to suppress his urge to lunge over the desk and choke the life out of JC for even suggesting this.

 

"Just listen to our proposal." JC begs. "It could benefit us all and I know you're about the money Justin. Besides, it will help Grant with his shipments and..." But JC's eyes widen when Justin whips out his gun without warning while glaring at him with a crazed twinkle in his blues.

 

"Wow man what the fuck?!" Grant raises his hands up in the air nearly tripping as he jumps up from his seat to back away. "I thought we came here to discuss business? Put that thing away."

 

"The only business we're discussing is you two assholes walking the fuck out of my establishment." Justin forces out in a tight whisper.

 

"Since when did you turn into a...punk Justin?" Swallowing the lump in his throat, JC frowns in bewilderment when Justin easily moves the safety back on the gun.

 

"Since I found out that the value of a person's life isn't measured on how much money you can make off of them." When JC smirks, Justin just rolls his eyes in irritation.

 

"This is ironic considering what your profession is Justin. You sound like a hypocrite right now." JC hisses in a condescending manner before he places his palms flat on the desk while leaning over to whisper to Justin. "It's Diane isn't it?"

 

Cocking his head to the side, Justin's eyes widen slightly before the grip he has on his gun tightens. Leaning forward to face JC's challenging gaze, he smiles slyly for him. "I'm no hypocrite JC." Justin grunts before a growl rises from deep within his throat. "And you're no saint."

 

"You can't seriously look down on me when you're no better. You're just like us Justin if not worse." JC taunts him, noting how Justin's breathing deepens instantly. "I mean, I don't go about killing people for the heck of it."

 

"Shut the fuck up Josh." Justin snaps as his hands slightly start to tremble when he feels the adrenaline in his system building. His breathing almost immediately becomes choppy and his mind begins riling with endless memories and thoughts.

 

Grant watches their interaction fully intrigued. JC told him Justin had a fucked up past but Grant never knew what exactly it was. By the looks of things and the way Justin is reacting to JC's comments, he knows it must be one hell of a past Justin had to endure.

 

"The way I see it, you're ten times worse than us so who are you to judge?" JC continues hitting him where it hurts trying to get his point across that Justin is no better than them. He doesn't seem to realize that.

 

Yanking his hand back towards his body, Justin drops it to his side then brings his fingertips up to the bridge of his nose with his free hand in an attempt to try and regain his composure. There are too many memories and thoughts swimming through his mind now. His impulses are slowly taking over and usually he has no control when he snaps.

 

"I mean, look at Diane. She's clearly unhappy. The way I see it, you're worse than us because you have her trapped like a prisoner when she clearly wants out."

 

Jerking his head up to look at JC with wide eyes, Justin crinkles his nose but holds his tongue. He's fighting to keep down the gnawing urge he has to raise his gun and just shoot JC to shut him up. "Josh..."

 

 

 

"Why don't you want to let her go? Are you afraid of something? Are you afraid your past...what we both witnessed all those years ago...is going to repeat itself because..." Not given any chance to complete his statement, JC is taken off guard when Justin lunges at him from over the desk, gripping the collar of his white dress shirt and hauling him roughly over the wooden piece of furniture effortlessly.

 

In a flash, Justin shoves JC down on the floor in brute force before he straddles his waist with the gun digging into his neck. Ignoring Grant's gasp of astonishment, he narrows his eyes at JC wondering why they are even friends in the first place. "Never in your fucking life..." But he trails off when he sees the fear in JC's eyes. "I'm nothing like you! I'm nothing like you Joshua...fuck!" Justin shouts before he pulls JC up slightly and slams him harshly against the hard floor. Grimacing, JC remains silent realizing that maybe he pushed Justin too far this time. "I'll never be like you assholes Josh! I'll never do what you fucking bitches do, do you hear me?" Shaking his head rapidly in agreement, JC winces in pain when Justin presses the gun into his throat, threatening to cut off part of his air supply.

 

"I may be a monster but I don't treat women the way you all do Josh. I don't fucking traffic them for money like they're a piece of nothing!" Justin belts.

 

"Ta...take it...easy..." JC stutters but Justin just laughs bitterly.

 

"Don't fucking tell me to take it easy. You brought this on your fucking self. Jesus! How can you fucking look at me and tell me I'm lower than you scum huh?" Shaking his head in disbelief, Justin continues ranting when JC and Grant remain silent. Grant is just staring interestingly at the pair, not wanting to get mixed up in whatever is going on.

 

"You traffic women into the fucking sex industry Joshua! What's lower than that? You have no respect for these women. You treat them like objects. You call them fucking merchandise like they're not human, like they don't have rights and feelings. You treat them like inanimate objects. You fucking trade them like their lives, emotions and feelings mean nothing!" Justin jeers, seeing red now with the initial drive to pull the trigger and rid the world of JC's kind.

 

"Yes, I have an entertainment business, but I still recognize my girls as persons and not only sex objects. You have no heart, no remorse. You're a fucking beast man." Justin screams out, lightly pressing on the trigger when JC just stares petrified at him from where Justin has him pinned on the floor, too terrified to do anything else. "I know why you all are here. I know why you came here Josh. I fucking knew it the moment you kept asking me about my business and my girls. You can't have any of them. I don't care if you can't get top class merchandise as you put with your traders overseas. If you think any of my girls will fit the bill to compensate you fucks you're wrong. I won't have anything to do with it." Justin growls while handling JC pugnaciously.

 

"Justin...just...just calm down man. And hear us out. Maybe if you hear our offer you might reconsider." Grant finally tries to calm him down when he sees the look in Justin's eyes. It's of pure death and he's pretty sure Justin isn't thinking clearly anymore. This could mean problems for them all and he's sure Justin doesn't want their blood on his hands no matter how worked up he is right now.

 

"Listen...to him Jay. We're trying to work this out for all of us to benefit. I'm sorry man." JC chokes out in a loud cough when Justin's grip on his collar tightens.

 

"You can't have any of them Josh." Justin hisses violently.

 

"Please just..."

 

 

 

And in the blink of an eye, Justin is standing up and yanking JC to stand as well. Jacking JC to move to the other side of his office, he keeps his gun pointed on them. "I have a fucking show going on and none of you all are worth my bullets but so help me god, if I have to, I'll shoot you first and think of the consequences after."

 

"Hear us out. We don't want your girls. We just want one who will work in one of our nightclubs." Grant begins.

 

Arching a brow, Justin takes a step towards them as his mind begins racing again. "Whose club and which girl?" He inquires, already knowing the answer but wondering if they're stupid enough to still say it.

 

"Look, she'll bring in money for all of us and it will be beneficial for your business. It would be like a joint venture man. Plus, with the chain I have up in Europe we'll be able to expand your empire and mine. And, with Grant as a partner, he'll cash in too and build up the money he lost in those bad investments. We all win man." JC smiles uneasily.

 

"So you're telling me, you don't want to trade her as a sex slave? You want her to work in your nightclub doing what exactly? The same thing my girls do here? I don't fucking believe you. You're just trying to sugarcoat it. You probably plan on shipping them halfway across the world to foreign investors." Justin spits.

 

"Justin..."

 

"It's Diane isn't it? You both know how popular she's gotten and now your heads are big. I know a lot of people are requesting her and they're making me offers but you two by far are the most interesting proposition I've gotten yet. Considering you're not going into detail because you both know what you want to do with her is no where close to what you're telling me. You have traders lined up already who's been following her career don't you!?"

 

When they remain quiet, Justin casts his vision to the floor in understanding now. That would explain Grant sending his men to snoop around his business. That would also explain JC quickly jumping at the opportunity to help him with his nightclub after not seeing him for all those years. JC already had his eye on her. This was just the opening he needed and Justin stupidly gave it to him without realizing. Well it was ending here and now. It all made sense now and it made Justin sick to his stomach. This was like his past coming back to bite him in his ass but with a twist. It was a sick twist and he wasn't going for it at all.

 

"Justin it's the best investment you could make. You're getting the highest percentage man. She's the most sought after sex icon out there. Do you know what the highest bidder offered!?" JC asks in disbelief by his so called friend's hesitation.

 

Chuckling lightly, Justin just glares at him coldly. "I don't care about any of that. You've amazed me Josh. I was willing to look past that side of you years ago, but now, I'm sorry I can't. Diane is not a fucking object and she's not for sale. That's what you two assholes fail to realize. This isn't some auction where you bid on fucking women! I'm not a part of that. I will never be a part of that. And I still can't believe my dad was a part of that but whatever. I may not be the best person and I sure as hell do not treat my girls in the best way but I would never trade them and sell them like nothing to some bidder in the Far East or some shit, where they are tortured and have to undergo despicable treatment and living conditions just for some asshole to cash in with them. I won't fucking do it."

 

"But..."

 

"I've heard enough. Get the fuck out!" Justin screams before he leans over his desk and presses the button underneath it for his security guards. Grabbing a remote on the far right of the desk, he points it to his large plasma screen television before he presses the power button to turn the television on. Staring at the surveillance cameras, he smiles widely when he sees that his guards are already on their way up to his office. "It's been real gentlemen, but if you don't leave, I'll have my boys escort you out." Justin places the safety back on his gun and tucks it in his jeans before he takes a seat as his desk, loving the shocked expressions on the two men's faces.

 

"You can't be serious Jay. Just think about this for minute." JC begs knowing that if Justin doesn't cooperate, his plans will be ruined. There's a little more behind this deal with Grant that he doesn't wish to divulge just yet. He just knows that his life is at stake and the one man he thought he could depend on is letting him down tremendously.

 

"I've thought about it and I've made up my mind. No deal. Proposition denied. And don't even fucking bother with the nightclub deal. I'll get to it on my own." Justin states halfheartedly. "You requesting Diane was smooth though, and it worked too. You're getting into her head, but if I can help it you won't have her Josh. You'll have to kill me first." Justin adds in and JC is wondering if that can be arranged considering his life is at stake here.

 

 

 

Before he and Grant can get another word in, Justin's door flies open and they're met by three tall dark men dressed in black shirts and jeans that look like bouncers as opposed to security guards. "Everything ok boss?" One of them asks.

 

"No, please escort these men out Jake." Justin asks politely while propping his legs up on his desk. "They've overstayed their welcome."

 

"Don't fucking touch me!" Grant sneers, while smacking Jake's hand and shoving him out of the way. "We're fucking leaving." He hisses before he shoots Justin a nasty glare. "You'll regret this Justin."

 

"I have been for most of my life. I think this is the one good thing I've done in a long while and I'm sticking to it." Justin smirks for him.

 

Rolling his eyes in aggravation Grant huffs in a displeased manner.

 

Shaking his head sadly, JC doesn't say anything else before he moves around the security guards, quickly making his exit. He'll have to use a different approach with this because there is no way he'll accept ‘no' for an answer. There are too many lives and money running on this deal.

 

When Grant doesn't budge from his spot, Justin groans loudly. "Why can't you do like JC and make a silent exit? He's accepted defeat, so what's your deal?" Justin arches a brow at the slightly older and taller man.

 

"You'll regret this. This isn't over. I'll be back in two days for your decision Justin." Grant enforces and Justin just laughs at him.

 

"I've already given you my decision..."

 

"No, no you haven't. If you value Diane's safety and the safety of that little girl of yours you'll reconsider." Grant warns while pointing at Justin in contempt.

 

"Are you threatening me?" Justin asks wildly before he stands on his feet while glaring at Grant.

 

"Not threatening Justin. I'm making you a promise that if you don't reconsider this, you'll regret it. You think I don't know about some of your past? I don't know what exactly happened but I heard you had a run in with Franco years ago and there was a massacre at your old estate. People talk man. If you don't want a fucking repeat, you'll think this through. I never lose Justin. You have two days..." Grant warns, before he jacks Justin's security guards out of the way to make his exit.

 

"What!? You fucking piece of..." When Justin leaps and makes a mad dash for Grant, Jake steps in his way, blocking his path.

 

"It's not worth in man. Let them go. You don't want any trouble. You have a show going on. There're innocent people out there."

 

"Are you insane?! That fucker just threatened me and my...Let me through man! Let me blow his fucking brains out." Justin belts, while trying to get by but he knows his efforts are futile. There is no way he'll get past Jake.

 

"Calm down Justin. Leave it for another day...another time. In the mean while, you need to get a hold of yourself. You need to keep up appearances for your guests and the public. There are media representatives at almost every show. Be careful man. The show is almost over and you need to go out there." Jake tries to reason but Justin just cuts his eyes at him angrily.

 

"This will never be over will it?" Justin sighs, before wiping at his sweat stained forehead. "Shit...I can't go through this again." He mutters.

 

"Look J..."

 

"I respect you're doing what I pay you all to do. But fuck it right now Jake. I'm out."

 

"Look man..."

 

"I'm just heading home. I'll be fine. Tell the MC I left early and to take over for me. I'm gone." And before any of his guards can protest, Justin storms away from them and out of his glass surrounded office, fully enraged beyond reason or comprehension. He's fucked he knows it. What scares him even more is the fact that he can't even see how any of this is going to end. He knows one thing is for sure: it will be a cold day in hell if he allows his past to repeat itself.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

I've been sitting here with Mr. Hefner having the time of my life with his bunnies. I didn't even realize that Justin didn't come back like he promised he would until he came stomping up the stairs and towards us like an earthquake. He missed the entire show because the last girl is on now. I guess he couldn't get away sooner from whatever he was doing. It doesn't matter because I was occupied so sadly I didn't miss him. Yeah, I feel guilty admitting that but Hugh has the ability to just grab your attention and have you engrossed and hanging on his every word. It was fun.

 

 

"Di...we're leaving." Justin says before he grips my hand and yanks me up to stand.

 

"What? But the show...your speech."

 

"We're leaving!" He snaps and my eyes widen by the fury blazing through his blues. They're dark and empty and it's a little scary. I hope he isn't switching back on me. "Hugh, I'm sorry but something came up." Justin apologizes but keeps his firm tone.

 

"It's fine my boy. You handle your business, but take care now. Don't do anything stupid." Hugh gives him a knowing glare and Justin nods in understanding before he tells him ‘bye' and yanks my hand to walk away with him.

 

Not bothering to protest to piss him off any further, I wave goodbye to Mr. Hefner before I allow Justin to lead us out of the back exit of his club where I see his white limo waiting.

 

Before we can enter though, I hear what sounds like loud screams and shouts coming from up the alley before a swarm of people or more so reporters and paparazzi round the corner making a crazy dash in our direction.

 

"Shit." Justin mutters, before he swings the door open and instructs me to get in. I'm sort of paralyzed in shock right now. Since when is this media frenzy? Sure Justin gets media attention but never like this. What the hell is going on now?

 

"Justin!"

 

"Miss Blush!"

 

They're all hollering at us and Justin groans in annoyance.

 

"Get in Diane." He says in a soft tone before pushing me inside. Climbing into the spacious vehicle, I glance at the driver who's staring at the people swarming around his vehicle in awe.

 

Before Justin can get in and shut the door, the chaos finally catches up to us and I watch as his body goes rigid when they start belting questions and endless bright flashes begin going off.

 

 

 

 

"Justin why aren't you in there giving your traditional speech?"

 

"Why are you leaving your show early and why isn't Miss Blush performing tonight?"

 

"What's going on Mr. Timberlake?"

 

"We heard there was a mild confrontation in your establishment earlier with you and Grant, one of your competitors in the exotic entertainment business. What was it about?"

 

"Justin...what's your relationship with Joshua Scott Chasez? It's rumored that you all have a very colorful history together but no information has surfaced."

 

And the questions just keep spitting out one after the other in every direction. I tell you, I don't envy celebrities who have to endure this on a regular basis. It must be so stressful for them. I can't understand why Justin isn't just getting in and ignoring them. Something must have caught his attention.

 

When I hear Justin growl out a ‘you again?' I sick my head out of the window to see who he's talking too.

 

My eyes widen when I take in the same reporter who interviewed us at Mr. Hefner's estate some weeks ago about my photo shoot for playboy. I think her name was Edwina. Yeah that's it! Oh no, Justin already hates her. She better watch herself before he has her assassinated or sniped. But really, what's going on now?

 

"I know Ronnie wasn't stupid enough to tip you off this time, so who was it?" Justin asks her, giving her a hard glare.

 

Noting her uneasiness, she takes a few steps away from him before she begins stuttering. "We're just looking for answers Justin." She says calmly. "We have reason to believe that you're involved in illegal dealings beside your public business. We don't know what it is but we intend on finding out." She explains.

 

"Well isn't that convenient." He smirks. "No comment." And before she can ask him anymore questions, he slides in to join me, slamming the door shut and instructing the driver to go. He even tells him to hit anyone who won't get out of the way. Yeah, that's Justin for you.

 

 

 

 

When we're finally away from the hysteria, I remain quiet, just staring out the window as Justin rests his head back in his seat before blowing out air loudly.

 

He's breathing deeply and I'm not going to tell him anything until he decides to speak first. I can easily remain silent for the entire ride home. It doesn't bother me.

 

But then he breaks the tense silence by breathing out my name in a voice that's so pained it breaks down my defenses instantly.

 

"Diane..."

 

Slowly turning my head to look at him, my browns stare into his blues and I pick up on his worried expression. I can feel my heart ache just by his disturbed state. "What's going on now Justin?" I sigh in defeat.

 

"I honestly don't know." He shrugs in annoyance.

 

"What was that reporter talking about?" When he contracts his muscles by my line of questioning, I know he has the answer to that one.

 

"I can't tell you." He chokes out.

 

"I think you should." I'm so tired of this.

 

"I know I should, but, for all of our safeties I don't think I should say anything just yet." Ok, that just freaked me out and aroused my interest at the same time.

 

Scooting over to him and studying his features, he's pleading with me to understand by the stare he's giving me.

 

"Fine, I'm tired, hungry and confused. I'm not going to get into it with you to tell me but I hope you do eventually." I explain.

 

"I...I will just give me some time to sort this out. Courtney is going to stay with us for a while." He adds in and I furrow my brows at him in question.

 

"Uh huh? Why?"

 

"Just trust me Di." Justin looks at me before grabbing my hands in his when I scowl. "Look, you have no right to believe me or trust anything I say after how I've treated you all these years. But believe me when I say I'm trying to make it right. I'll try. Just bare with me when I fall short. I'm asking you just this once to please, just try to at least believe me when I say I actually am trying to have your best interest at heart here." He pleads as his eyes gloss over and he's right. Why should I believe him? How can I be sure he's not trying to trap me again? No I can't be sure. But I don't want to fight with him on this so I just shrug it off and nod in response.

 

Giving me a weary look, Justin sighs loudly before he drops my hands. "It's not easy on me either Di."

 

"I know, and I think we should talk about it." I suggest.

 

"About what?" He's playing dumb but I'm not having it.

 

"About what you told me in reference to your past all those years ago. We need to talk about it Justin. We need to figure out what to do from here and how to get you help because I'm in over my head and I can't take much more of this life." I admit, noting the flash of hurt and fear in is eyes but he quickly hides it by looking away from me and out the window.

 

"I'm not ready." He divulges in a shaky whisper.

 

Slumping, I turn to move away from him but I gasp when he whirls around and grips my waist tightly to pull me onto his lap. Trying to wriggle out of his hold, he growls softly before his grip tightens and I freeze. Bad idea. Now is a bad time to turn him on even though it's by mistake and have him or even me for that matter thinking of sex.

 

"Justin you're confusing me." I whine, while staring out the window at all the bright lights of Las Vegas. You've got to love Sin City. That's for sure. It's amazing out here but you can also loose yourself if you're not careful.

 

"I know. I don't mean to just...please. Can't we just, enjoy the ride home in silence? I just need to think Di. Just let me hold you?" His big glassy blues are looking up at me from where he has me pinned on his lap. I'm not going anywhere.

 

Plus, I kind of like our close contact. I know I should be terrified of him, but still, strangely I feel safe with him all at the same time. It's messed up. I've already given up hope. He has this immense power over me and it's hard for me to deny him. I don't think I'll ever be able to break the spell he has on me no matter what he does or how terrible he is. Hopefully, we can get past his negative side and build something positive. I think we both deserve that.

 

"Fine." I surrender, before I relax against his chest, laying back and resting my head on his shoulder as his arms encircle around my waist to rest on my stomach.

 

"Thank you." He breathes into my hair and I shut my eyes when his fingers begin to caress my sides idly.

 

"Don't make me regret this again Justin." I sigh and he responds by kissing my neck lightly.

 

"I won't. Believe it or not, I actually want to change Di. I'm so tired of all of this. I just want it to end." He whispers softly in my ears, as his breath tickles the flesh of my neck. His tone is slightly strained and groggy and I know this is one of the hardest things he's had to admit to. Admitting you have a problem and needing help is a difficult step in the right direction.

 

Relaxing a little more under his hold, I keep my eyes shut tightly, not bothering to say anything else. When I don't respond, he takes in a deep unstable breath before he exhales loudly, squeezing me a little before he shifts beneath me.

 

"I mean it Di." He whispers and I smile despite myself. "I...I'm willing...to...to..." He's stammering again. He's being cute. It's sweet. I'm not about to interrupt him either. I like when he has these moments. It makes me realize that there's a decent human being hiding in there, desperately needing to be set free. "God Di." He groans in annoyance.

 

"Take your time." I coo with my eyes still shut, but, they don't remain closed for long when he finally rambles out his statement.

 

"I'm willing to get help if...if it will keep you and...and Courtney a part of my life."

 

The Decision(s) by d_simplicity

 


Chapter 10 - The Decision(s)

Two Days Later...

Justin's Estate

 

 

"Daddy! Daddy! You want to pway wiff me?"

 

A vibrant, petite three year old decked out in a tiny green dress, sprints into the living room where she knows her father is currently located. Stopping dead in her tracks when he comes into view, she notices that he's slouched forward mumbling incoherent phrases to himself. "Daddy what wrong?" Courtney asks as she cautiously walks up to Justin.

 

Lifting his head to glare at her, he carefully encircles her in his strong arms, hoisting her off the floor to sit on his lap. Giving her a weary smile, he shifts some hair out of her face to study her smooth features.

 

"God you remind me of her so much." He mutters as he hugs Courtney against his broad chest. "I can't loose you guys too. I'd never live through it this time." He whispers.

 

"Is otay daddy. I wove you." Courtney coos, not understanding what he just divulged.

 

"I know you do and thank you. I guess it's something I have to get used to hearing again." Justin shrugs nervously before he grabs the remote from where he's been lounging on his leather sofa. Switching the channel to Nickelodeon for Courtney's viewing pleasure he rests his head back in his seat getting lost in his thoughts.

 

He knows he needs to come up with a plan to stop whatever JC and Grant are plotting but what? And how? If Grant holds true to his threats, he'll probably contact Justin some time today about his decision which he already made. He won't stand for them hurting his baby girl or Diane. He has every intension of killing them both before it can come to that. Justin has realized his heart has hardened over the years but still, after all the promises he's made to himself, his weakness for Diane has taken over.

 

Presently, he's not sure where his feelings stand. He wants to say it could be love, but, that's preposterous. Firstly, he can't even identify such a feeling anymore. And, If he loved her, he'd never put her through the things he did. Then again, he knows he is a sick individual who is in desperate need of a shrink, but he'd never let that happen either.

 

He's clueless as to what he should do to seek help. He won't discuss his life and past with a complete stranger. They'd maybe turn him into the police if he does. So what? Well, he can't be bothered with that now. What he needs to worry about is conjuring up a plan to get rid of JC and Grant or to at least let them see that he wants no part in this and if they go against his wishes, there will be dire consequences to face.

 

Tugging at his black wife beater, Justin casts his vision south to Courtney who's engrossed in a Spongebob episode. She's comfortably sitting on his lap, bouncing and giggling at whatever is going on with her favorite cartoon characters. Smiling lightly, Justin shakes his head in amusement before he stretches his hand across to grab his famous ‘pimp cup' that contains scotch and coke. Taking a few large gulps, he grimaces slightly and places the cup back down before he opts to say something to his daughter.

 

"Where's mommy Courtney?" Justin asks in a light whisper.

 

"Upstairs with tanty Rachel." Courtney mindlessly mumbles.

 

"Oh? What are they doing up there?" Justin inquires curiously.

 

"Mommy say your friend come over." Courtney replies and Justin instantly tenses, his muscles contracting to the point of cramping.

 

"What friend?" Justin snaps, shifting until he places Courtney to sit next to him on the sofa. Standing, he gazes down at his daughter waiting for her to say something else. Pulling her eyes away from the television screen for a spilt second, she gives him a toothy green. Arching his brows, Justin folds his arms across his chest still awaiting an answer. "Well?" He probes.

 

"Mommy date tha same wone." She shrugs and her attention is easily diverted back to the cartoon she's watching.

 

Grumbling, Justin turns on his heels and heads out of the living room in search of Diane. Is she crazy? Ok well he hasn't exactly given her a reason to beware of JC just yet but still, she's supposed to trust him enough to stay away from JC when he tells her to.

 

 

Before he can make his way up his winding staircase, his doorbell goes off. Mumbling obscenities under his breath, he storms over to the front door in rage. Glancing through the peep hole, he scowls then turns the knob forcefully swinging the door open.

 

"What the fuck do you want?" He snaps harshly while eyeing the two men in disdain.

 

"Well, I came here to take Diane out..."

 

"And I came here for your decision..." Grant finishes JC's sentence which causes Justin to laugh bitterly.

 

"You two fucks are psychotic. What makes you think you can just show up on my property like this?" Justin sneers while narrowing his eyes at JC. "And Diane isn't going anywhere with you." He hisses as he fixes the string on his black slacks before he steps back to slam the door shut in their faces.

 

Putting his foot in the way, Grant easily pushes his way in with JC in tow. Clenching his fists, Justin glares at the two men wondering what could possibly possess them to just show up like this suddenly and unannounced.

 

"Get the fuck out Grant and you too Josh. I don't want this to resort to violence." Justin demands.

 

"It won't have to once you cooperate Justin." Grant adds in but Justin raises his hand to silence him. The only reason why he's not going off on them and pulling out his gun to out them both is because his daughter is in the other room, and he'd never want her to be traumatized like he was when he witnessed his father being killed.

 

"Listen Justin, I called Diane and she said..." But Justin easily interrupts JC.

 

"Wow hold the fuck on. Firstly, you didn't request Di and without my permission, she's not going anywhere with you. I don't know what you two think you're doing but I don't want to call my security on you. Just leave." Justin pleads, trying his best to keep his temper at bay for the sake of Courtney.

 

"I told you Justin. I will not take no for an answer. You'll either provide Diane for our services or one of your other girls. You can't get out of this one. You agreed to help and I'd like to know you hold true to your word." Grant states while fixing his cream collared shirt.

 

Racking his brain for the easiest way out, Justin darts out his tongue and grazes it across his teeth in thought. "Since you're so worried about me keeping my word, maybe I can refer you to someone else. But, none of my girls especially Diane are for sale and that's final Grant. I don't know what goes on in your twisted brain but you can't have any of them." Justin enforces, swinging his hand to the back of his waistband where his gun is tucked away.

 

"Easy Justin, don't pull that thing out we were just...look is Diane here? At least let her know I came by and I didn't stand her up." JC begs already moving to make his exit.

 

He knew from the start, Justin would never agree to this. He's not sure what Grant has up his sleeve but Justin isn't budging and they need to make this deal go through and soon, else it will be both their necks on the line.

 

Being the sly person JC is, he has a plan, but he knows in order for Justin to be unaware, he'll have to pretend to be ok with Justin's decision.

 

"Oh Josh, clearly you're a bit slow in the intelligence department. Unless you request any of my girls through me, which you didn't, none of them are going out with you on whatever shit date you have set up. I'll need to have a talk with Diane about that. She must be crazy." Justin jeers. "But uh my little girl is in the other room, so for her sake, I'm kicking you assholes out quietly, now step before I change my mind and out you both."

 

"You wouldn't do that Justin." JC says uneasily while shifting his weight on his feet. The truth is he knows Justin is the uncaring type and it won't take much for him to kill them both and still be able to sleep at night. JC knows for a fact that Justin's past has turned him into a certified monster.

 

The only weak spot he seems to have if for Courtney and Diane. JC is aware that this will either work in his favor or against him. Either way, he'll need to find out and soon. Stuffing his hands into his jeans pocket, he looks over in the direction of the living room when he sees a head full of golden brown curls pop out from around the corner.

 

"I'll do whatever I have to, to protect..." But Justin's tone fades when he hears a soft, tiny voice call out to him.

 

"Daddy you otay?" The little girl instantly comes into view and rushes up to grip Justin's leg while lifting her head to eye the two men standing before him.

 

Sighing loudly, Justin casts his vision south, making sure to keep his gun hidden in his waistband. Biting the corner of his lip slightly, he bends down and picks up the three year old in his arms, encircling her into a protective hug. "I'm fine Court."

 

"Well, what do we have here?" Grant smirks coyly. Reaching out to touch Courtney, Justin uses his free hand to jack him roughly in the chest, causing Grant to hit his back against the wall.

 

"What the fuck man!" Grant groans in pain while rubbing at his chest.

 

"Never in your life try to touch my daughter else I'll break off your limbs Grant, I'm warning you." Justin hisses as he skims Courtney's back who's silent just watching the two men in awe. JC smiles at her and she returns the favor by giving him a shy half-smile before she latches unto Justin's shoulders and buries her head in the crook of his neck.

 

"This isn't working how I hoped it would." Grant explains while ruffling his shirt and pulling out his cell to make a call. "Ok Justin, you win this time. I have some shit I need to take care of right now. But this isn't over. We're going to get your help whether you give it or not." Grant explains as he swings the front door open getting ready to leave.

 

"I can't even believe you had the balls to come here. And your threats don't mean shit Grant. I'll have both of you killed if I have to before you lay a hand on my..."

 

"On your what Justin? Your family? Man, you're a pimp who fell for one of your hoes and accidentally impregnated her. That's no family my friend." Grant explains. "That's sick and twisted. That's what this is and you know it. You just can't face the fact that you're always going to be alone. Who would want someone like you Justin? Who would even love you?" Grant chides while dialing some digits on his cell subconsciously.

 

JC remains quiet as he glares at Justin's expressions. They're a mixture of hatred and pain. He knows Justin has been through a lot. He also knows that Grant has no clue as to what exactly went on in Justin's past. Not even he knows the full story. If Grant knew, he'd know to hold his tongue because Justin tends to get very defensive when topics of his past arise.

 

Blinking rapidly, Justin inhales and exhales sharply before swallowing roughly to calm his impulses.

 

"Daddy?" Courtney whispers when Justin's hold on her tightens significantly, but he ignores her as he tilts his head to the side, eyeing Grant thoroughly.

 

Casting his vision in JC's direction, Justin notes how the older man is avoiding eye contact. Shaking his head sadly, he takes a step towards Grant giving him a menacing glare. "Grant, at the end of the day, no matter how fucked up my life may be, I'm still better off because I'm not you." Justin's tone filters through Grants ears in an eerie low grunt causing the man to snap his head up at him in astonishment.

 

"That's really nice Justin. This is not helping your situation one bit. I can't stay and fight you on this now. I was hoping when I showed up you'd be ready to negotiate but I was wrong. We'll be in touch Justin. I promise you that much." And with a smirk, Grant easily walks out of the door and unto the estate grounds where his car is parked out front.

 

"And ask for you." Justin's tone instantly increases with fury when he looks over at JC who stops suddenly when Justin calls out to him. "Never pull that stunt you just pulled again. I swear Josh, I swear, I will do anything to protect my girls. I won't let you come in and fuck things up because you got your own ass in trouble again. Watch it man. I'm only lenient on you because we have history but I swear Josh there is so much bullshit I'm willing to endure before I do something about it." Justin warns while fixing Courtney in his hold.

 

"Yeah I got it man. I just thought that since we were cool and Diane..."

 

"Do you like her or something?" Justin inquires nosily. "You my friend are fucked up." Justin chortles coldly.

 

"No I just thought..."

 

"You just thought you'd persuade her to leave me in an underhanded manner. You are something else Josh. Just get the hell out. I'm not in the mood to entertain this any further. And I'll make sure to let my security guards know that neither of you are welcome here anymore." Justin adds in for good measure watching how JC's eyes bulge out.

 

"What? Come on Justin. All I'm asking is for your help and you're acting this way. I thought we were friends man." JC pleads.

 

"The key word there is were Josh. It's in the past. After that shit you and Grant tried to pull and Grant threatening me on top of it, I'm sorry dude, but, you're on your own."

 

"You can't mean that! If I don't get your help now I'm fucked man. If it wasn't for me you'd be dead today." JC cries out.

 

"Ok fine, I'll give you that one, but I think I've paid my dues don't you? I protected you from the police investigations, I've helped you out many times in other ways in the past and you got the best deals possible with my girls. Gambling on a person's life is where I draw the line Josh."

 

Before JC can plead his case, they're easily interrupted by a third voice from the top of the stairway. When Justin looks up and notices Diane, he rolls his eyes before releasing a plaintive sigh. He will admit that the look of excitement on her face makes his heart ache just a tad bit, but he quickly hides it by pushing JC out of the doorway and unto the platform before she can get down to them. "Don't fuck with me Josh. This is the very last warning for both you and Grant. The next time no words will be spoken but a form of action will be taken." Justin enforces, just as Diane makes it unto the threshold.

 

Hearing Grant's horn, JC whips around to voice he's coming before he turns back to face Justin. "I'm sorry it had to come to this Justin. I'm sorry." JC apologizes knowing that his statement has a double meaning behind it. Bowing his head, he simply turns to leave without saying anything else or looking back when he hears Diane calling out to him.

 

With a huff and a growl, Justin easily slams the front door shut and locks it before turning around to face Diane with a silent Courtney in his arms.

 

Frowning at her perplexed expression, he knows this isn't going to be easy. In fact, by the displeased look on her face, Justin's aware that there is going to be some type of war taking place if he doesn't avoid her at all costs. Really, he's not even up to deal with her either at the moment.

 

 

*****

 

 

"Oh my god Justin, please tell me you didn't just kick JC out!" I scream incredulously. Is he for real? I just spent the last hour getting ready. I though he was cool. I thought we were making progress. I didn't think he would mind. I thought...who cares what I thought? He just kicked JC out.

 

Shooting me a scathing look, Justin bites his bottom lip to prevent the slew of curse words I'm sure he's itching to spill from his lips right now. Giving me one last hard stare, he brushes past me with Courtney in his arms. She's just looking at me with her bright blue eyes as her tiny arms are hooked around Justin's neck while he carries her to another part of the house. I don't understand how she can forgive him for everything he's done so easily. It doesn't come that easy for me.

 

"Justin!" I call out. He's not getting away. We spent the last two days trying to communicate with each other. It wasn't easy and he still won't tell me anything about JC and this Grant dude that he mentioned. We've been on pins and needles for these past few days. Whenever he's angry now, I've realized that he leaves instead of staying to state how he feels. I mean, ok, he's not physically hurting me, but what he's doing by keeping it inside isn't any better.

 

 

Going in search of Justin in the direction he disappeared seconds earlier, I find him in the game room pulling out one of Courtney's puzzle games from a shelf. She's sitting on the chair bouncing up and down in excitement and I can't really stay angry at him here. The sight of those two spending time together is enough to melt my heart, but we need to discuss what's happening. Maybe I made a mistake by agreeing to go out with JC. I knew Justin would never approve. I was sort of hoping it would fuel him enough to tell me what's going on and why I should stay away from JC, but all it's done is enraged him.

 

His anger has switched from being vile to a sort of calm, dormant state that could erupt at any given moment. I much rather see him riled up. This solemn trait he portrays is dangerous because I have no idea what he's thinking or feeling. Gazing around the room that's decked out in a pool table, ping pong table and arcade games, I cautiously approach Justin and Courtney.

 

"Mommy! Daddy pway wiff me!" She beams proudly while pointing to Justin who's giving the puzzle his full attention as he places the pieces from the box unto the nearby table.

 

"I see that sweetie." I smile warmly for her. She's too adorable for her own good. "But uh, mommy wants to speak to daddy alone first, so, could you give us a little alone time? You can go meet aunty Rachel and when we're done talking, I'll call you back ok?" I explain and she nods with a giddy grin on her face.

 

"Otay! I get tanty Rachel watch spongeboob!" She squeaks while jumping down on her feet.

 

Laughing at her eagerness, I shake my head in response. "Ok baby, you go ahead." I wink for her then bend down to place a light kiss on her cheek before I escort her out of the room and shut the door, locking it in the process.

 

Straightening my posture and whipping around to face Justin, I jump slightly when I see that he's looking directly at me with an emotionless expression.

 

Freezing in place, I let out a breath when he purses his lips together.

 

"I'm not going to yell at you and tell you how stupid you were for making a date with JC behind my back. I think you know that was a dumb move and you were just trying to get a rise out of me." He spits, before he makes his way over to the door but I quickly rush up and block his path.

 

"Justin..."

 

"Don't Diane. Don't fuck with me right now. I have some shit I need to do. I need to get Ronnie and Jacob on the phone." He explains but I interrupt his exit again.

 

"Damn it Justin! We've been like this for the past two days. Ever since you whisked us away in your limo the night of the media frenzy you've been distant and unresponsive. What the hell is going on now? I want answers!" I demand while poking at his chest. I need to remember that even though he's refrained from raising his hands on me, he's still the same old Justin.

 

Passing his palms over his chest, I watch as the muscles in his arms contract and relax with each movement and breath he takes. "Don't do this now Di, please." He whispers, trying to get by again but instead I grip his wife beater and shove him into the wall. His eyes widen slightly by my forward gesture but soon he smirks and just connects his blues to my browns with an amused expression on his face.

 

"Are we switching roles here?" He muses but it's a dry joke and he knows none of this is funny. "Just let me leave Diane." Justin forces out in a harsher tone.

 

"No, not until you tell me what I need to know about this JC ordeal else I'll find a way to see him without you knowing. I like him Justin. You know that. If he's showing interest in me, why can't I..." But I'm cut off when Justin grips my waist and reverses positions so my back is pressed up against the wall.

 

Closing the tiny gap between us, my breath lodges in my throat when I see a hint of the old Justin shining through. He's breathing deeply and his hot breath reeks of alcohol. I can't believe he was drinking...again. "Di, why must you always push at my buttons like this? Do you like pissing me off?"

 

"Justin I just..." But he cuts me off.

 

"Stay away from JC Diane. This is the last time I'm telling you this. I won't say it again. You make a decision here. You have the safety of our kid riding on this. If I have to put you on lock down until this mess is cleared up I will. Don't play with me Diane." He growls lowly, before he pushes away from me and storms to the exit.

 

Unlocking the door, he swings it open and quickly exits leaving me baffled. What about my baby? Is he for real? I'm starting to think that our safety is really in danger with whatever Justin has going on with JC and Grant. I haven't even met Grant. Damn it, why me?

 

This is too much to deal with really. I guess I'll have to scratch JC off as an option to get out of this life I've been trapped in. I'd love to say I can stay because Justin is improving, but, I can't be part of this dysfunctional life and relationship anymore. I want and deserve more. Courtney deserves more and I know for a fact, Justin is no where close to providing that stability that we both need.

 

I think the best solution would be to leave without Justin knowing. That way I won't have to face his explosion of anger if and when he does find out. I just need to figure out how. Now that Justin mentioned we might be in some actual danger, I can't keep Courtney in this. I will not be able to forgive myself if anything happens to my angel when it can be avoided. But first, I need to find him. I need to get him to tell me something, anything.

 

Dashing out of the game room, I notice that Rachel has Courtney in her arms heading for the front door. Stopping my tracks at the bottom of the stairway, I gaze at her expectantly. "Justin asked you to take her?" I enquire.

 

"Actually, he wants me to bring her back later tonight but for now he just wants some alone time. We'll be back later tonight close to her bed time. He went up to his room if you're wondering where he is." Rachel states and I nod in agreement. Giving my little girl a light hug and kiss, I hand her back to Rachel so they can leave.

 

When they're gone, my eyes drop to the mini jeans skirt and red tight top I'm wearing. Sighing when I think of JC, I guess my plan didn't work out too well. Justin still isn't talking. God, he's so confusing with these extreme mood swings he goes through. I really hope I can help him. Thank goodness the girls are out shopping for the day. I would have joined them but my baby girl was here so I stayed behind.

 

 

Sprinting up the winding stairs, I walk briskly to Justin's room not bothering to knock on the door. Twisting the knob, I kick the door open when I realize it's unlocked and strut right into his room kicking off my shoes in the process. Shutting and locking it behind me, I take a moment to gather my bearings. I'd never get away with this if the old Justin was active just a few months even weeks ago. He'd call me out on it but this Justin is more tolerant so I'm taking my chances.

 

Scanning my surroundings which look like a replica of my bedroom only much larger, I hold my breath when he struts out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped low around his waist. His body is damp with water droplets and shit, that was the quickest shower ever...

 

"What do you want Di?" Justin connects his blues to my browns before yawning lightly as he moves over to his wardrobe to look for a change of clothes.

 

Opening my mouth to speak, I shut it immediately when I take in the muscles in his back as they flex when he moves. Dear god the man is so gorgeous. I wish he wasn't such a beast then maybe I could try to love him some. Well that isn't completely true, because I've been in love with him for years now. I can't ever tell him. I'm not sure how he'd respond to that.

 

So, I guess I need help too because who loves someone who destroys them both physically and emotionally? I must really check on that. I can't possibly be sane to still have such strong feelings for him. But I do, and when he's calm and somewhat normal like he is now, those feelings grow in intensity and I really can't control them anymore. I just need an outlet for all this stress and frustration I've built up over the years.

 

"You're speechless now?" He cracks as he comes over with a pair of blue boxers and white vest in hand.

 

Allowing my eyes to travel over his smooth face, defined arms and toned abs, I swallow hard at the slight bulge poking through the material of his towel. Looking up to stare at him I take a step back when he gives me a knowing glare. "I'm not telling you what you came here to find out Di." He explains before whipping around to move to another part of the room but I stop him.

 

"I'm thinking about leaving." I blurt out. Where the hell did that come from? I said I wasn't going to tell him. Holy shit, my brain and mouth are not cooperating here.

 

Spinning around in an instant, Justin drops his clothes on a nearby chair before he stalks over to me. "Leaving to go where exactly?" he asks while licking his lips in the process. Is it wrong to want to kiss him right now? God, I've lost my mind.

 

"Just..."

 

"You can't leave Di. Where are you going to go? You don't have any money or a place to stay." He explains, clearly upset by my little revelation. "Did JC talk you into considering this because..."

 

"No Justin, listen." I quickly interrupt him when I see how riled up he's getting. He's fully irritated with me now; I can tell. "I've been trying to make the right decision here for some time now. I was going to leave without telling you, but that wouldn't be fair since you're really trying to do right by us but Justin, if we're in danger I can't..."

 

"Just shut up Diane." He snaps, looking away from me. "You said you'd stay. You said you would if I tried to change so why the fuck are you changing your mind now? You're no safer away from me. They'd just find you if they wanted to." He groans loudly before moving over to his bed. Plopping down on the edge, he places his hands over his face as he hunches forward.

 

"Uh..." I'm lost again. He needs to stop doing this. He just needs to spit whatever it is out. "I haven't exactly made a final decision. I'm still looking at how you progress but you need professional help Justin. I can't keep doing this. I can't!" I belt.

 

"Just get the fuck away from me." He spits fiercely.

 

Slumping, I walk over to him and carefully sit next to him. His head is still down and his shoulders are moving up and down with each powerful deep breath he takes. "Justin please help me out here. Fill me in on something. Don't keep me in the dark." I plead.

 

Lifting his head to look at me, he blinks dramatically a few times before he lets out a throaty growl. "Look Di, if it will take me seeing a fucking shrink, I'll do it. Just don't go please." His eyes are glossy and there's anguish written all over his face.

 

I'm starting to realize that maybe he does care somewhat about Courtney and me. He's not the emotional type when it comes to matters of the heart, so I know he'll leave me guessing and I'm not about to ask him what's really going on in the feelings department.

 

Nodding in response, I don't bother to answer for fear of getting him worked up again. He's doing well so far even though he's still rough around the edges. He's making an effort and that's all I can ask for at the moment.

 

"And listen, I can't really tell you much about JC and Grant because honestly I don't know what they are really up to; But, I can tell you they are two dangerous men you need not associate with anymore than you have to. Don't go behind my back to see JC out of spite Diane. You'll get more than you bargained for. I'm trying to settle a business situation with them. Until that is out of the way, don't affiliate with Josh Di. You'll end up regretting it. He's worse than I am trust me on this. His good guy act is really getting old." Justin hisses as he seems to be deep in thought.

 

"Just listen to me. I might need Jacob and Ronnie to help me on this one to work on how I can get Grant and Josh off my back before things get ugly. Just know I won't let them hurt you, Court or any of my girls. Just trust me please." He begs and what can I really say? I have no clue about anything so I just have to accept his word and hope it's legit.

 

"Fine Justin fine."

 

"Don't give up on me just yet Di, I'm really fucking trying here." He states while grabbing one of my hands in his. Keeping eye contact I just shrug. What do I say? I don't even know. He's throwing me for a loop. Just when I think I have him sort of figured out, he switches on me.

 

"Ok Justin. I'll stay away from JC. I hope you'll tell me why soon."

 

"Once it's safe to tell you I will. And keep away from any media speculation as well. If you encounter them at any time don't respond to their outlandish questions." He instructs and I nod in response. "Good, because I have a feeling they'll be back so just be prepared for that."

 

Dropping my hands, he moves to stand but I grip his wrist to stop him. "Justin, are you ok?" I inquire.

 

"What kind of question is that?" He scoffs, eyeing me down in the process.

 

"I just...you're so unstable I just..."

 

"I'm as fine as a person like me who lived my life can get Di. Don't worry about it."

 

When he moves to stand again I grip his arm roughly to make him sit down with a thud. "Justin..." drifting off, I start battling with my choice of words. I hope he doesn't take what I'm about to say the wrong way. "Look, despite everything I've been through and had to endure with you, I...I still care you know? I care about you and I care about what happens to you and to all of us who live here with you. You're not alone Justin. I guess I've decided to stay longer but only because I know you can change for the better. Please just, know that I care ok?" I try to reason hoping it will at least set him somewhat at ease.

 

 

When I don't receive a reply, I can feel my nerves acting up. Please don't be mad at me. Please don't...he's just sitting there staring at me. God, I hope he doesn't blow up or...but my mind drifts when he responds by pressing his pink soft lips against mine unexpectedly.

 

Jesus, that's not the response I was looking for at all! A simple ok or thank you would suffice, not this. Not again. I can't tell him no. I can't deny him when he's like this, so helpless and vulnerable.

 

When I don't respond to his light kisses, he easily closes the gap between us and deepens the kiss as his hands find my waist to pull me in closer. This is beyond wrong. What we're doing should be illegal for so many reasons. We can't...I can't...do this. Shit, my body and my brain are on two different wave lengths here.

 

Not wasting anymore time, I begin kissing him back causing him to smile into the kiss. Ugh, how do we always end up in these weird situations? It's not awkward, just a weird way of temporarily numbing the issue. But I'm going with it because well, it's not like I can resist him here. He's in his freaking towel...there's no way no matter what has happened that I can deny him. Yeah I hate myself so much right now.

 

"Justin..." I moan between kisses when he pulls me to straddle his waist. Our mouths are shamelessly exploring the other as our tongues battle and probe at each other's insides. God, he tastes incredible even with the hint of alcohol on his lips.

 

"Hmmm?" He mumbles as his hands move to my back to grip my ass tightly through my jeans skirt that's high up over my thighs.

 

"This is crazy. What are we doing?" I choke out.

 

Breaking our lip-lock, he glares at me briefly before he drops his head to the crook of my neck to kiss me softly there.

 

"I don't fucking know, but...I just need you now Di and I care too." His words are muffled but I catch them.

 

Frowning, I push back to try and pick up on his expressions but instead, he deepens his suction on my neck as his hands snake their way underneath my shirt. God, we really are demented to be partaking in this right now. But his kisses and touches are so mind blowing when he's gentle. If this is what being with him is going to be like when he's fully normal again, how can I say no to him? I really want us to reach to that stage. Now, I think he's just vulnerable and needs an outlet and well I'm not complaining. We're sort of on the same page for once.

 

Latching my hands unto his shoulders, I arch my back slightly as he fiddles with my bra underneath my shirt to unhook it. When he's successful, he pulls away to yank my shirt and bra off my body.

 

Pushing back to glare at me, he smirks before he dips his head to my mounds taking one of my nipples into his mouth and sucking hungrily on it. "Oh my god..." I moan as I push forward to feel more of him. My mind is spinning and screaming at me to stop this but I'm ignoring. I'm enjoying this way too much to really care right now.

 

In the blink of an eye, Justin switches positions so he's hovering on top as we lay on his king size bed. Pausing briefly, he unpins my skirt and effortlessly tugs it and my panty down and off my legs. He really doesn't waste any time does he? When he has me fully naked, he stops his movements to just stare at me, which is very unnerving and a little creepy.

 

"Justin..."

 

"Shush..." He silences me, as his eyes roam over my figure repeatedly. Finally reestablishing eye contact with me, he sighs softly. "I'm so stupid." He mutters, but before I can even ask what he means, he crashes his lips against mine again in an intense kiss. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I break the kiss and tug at his towel until I get it undone. Pulling it from around his waist, I toss it uncaringly unto the carpeted floor before my arms start to roam over his lean physic groping at and rubbing on his bare skin. I'm maybe enjoying this sinful indulgence a little too much but fuck it.

 

Propping himself up on his elbow, he uses his free hand to trace light patterns over my stomach as he nestles himself between my legs. I can feel how thick, rock solid and ready he is, yet he's stalling. Why? Shit my insides are burning up right now. I just want him to get to it already. I'll worry about the consequences later.

 

"Justin what's wrong?" I coo while caressing the side of his face with my palm and fingertips. Studying me intently he leans forward to connect our foreheads together as he takes one of his hands to position his self at my entrance.

 

My breath instantly sticks in my throat and I wrap my legs around is slender waist to give him better access as his dick twitches against my clit and opening. Inhaling sharply, Justin kisses my nose then lips lightly before he finally says something. "I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through Di. I just..." Trailing off, he begins pushing his way in and my eyes widen immensely when he starts stretching my walls apart. Trying to suppress my moans, I continue staring at him interestingly, wondering what he's really trying to say. "Shit..." He chokes out before he heaves and grips unto my waist to pull me down underneath him. "I...I don't want..." Swallowing hard, he shuts his eyes tightly as he continues sliding all the way in until he can't go further.

 

Biting the corners of my mouth, I shut my eyes when a wave of pleasure ripples through my core as he sets his pace, rocking our hips together. I'm starting to feel that this isn't as wrong as I've deemed it to be, but maybe I'm only saying this because my mind is hazed right now. This is just too fucking delicious to pass up.

 

I...I'm weak when it comes to Justin. I think it's obvious. I do wish I had a little more self control. It might have saved me a lot of distress but that's insignificant right now. Now, we're molded together as one and that's a fucking spectacular feeling.

 

"Goddamn..." Justin spits as he pulls out and pushes back in with intense force. Arching my back off the bed, he wraps his arms around my waist to glue our damp bodies together. I can feel my breasts grazing against his hard chest only heightening the sensations and pleasure between us. Grabbing his shoulders for support, I relax under his hold as he continues to thrust in and out of me at a powerful, moderate speed.

 

"Ugh god!" I finally cry out when I can't keep in my moans any longer.

 

"Di..." Justin whispers in a raspy tone before he growls lowly, causing my eyes to shoot open. His orbs are clouded over as he gives me a lecherous stare. "I don't...want...to...lose...you." He forces out between each pleasurable, powerful thrust. Shit, what did he say?

 

"Huh?" I utter haphazardly as I hold on for dear life. The man knows what he's doing; I swear this feels too amazing right now to be wrong. Matching his hip movements, I watch as his blues remain locked on my browns. He's biting his bottom lip softly in concentration as he tries to hold back his own groans of ecstasy. He's grinding our hips together determined to get us to our peaks.

 

"I said...fuck Di!" Justin belts before gripping one of my thighs to push it higher above his waist so he can go deeper. "I said I don't want to lose you." He rambles out in a choppy breath and my eyes widen slightly by that admittance.

 

"You...you won't." I croak when I feel my orgasm already building from the pit of my stomach.

 

"I'm serious...I..." And that's as far as he gets before his body jerks slightly on top of mine. Fighting to regulate his breathing, Justin drops his head to my shoulder blade, slicking out his tongue to lick and kiss me there lightly as his fingers dig into my sides. Both our bodies are covered in light coasts of sweat and by the death grip he has on me, I know he's close. I can feel his dick pulsing and twitching inside of me. I'm literally flowing like a river right now as my walls constrict around him with each movement he makes inside of me.

 

"Uh...I'm gonna..." But Justin silences me by pressing his mouth against mine. Lifting my hands to grip the back of his head, grazing him with my fingers, I pull him against me as he continues to work us both over the edge. When he deepens the kiss and squeezes my hips affectionately I shudder despite myself. Shit, what are we doing really? This is...I can feel my emotions bubbling and askew.

 

Before I can even contemplate on how truly bizarre this is, my body writhes beneath him when he hits my g-spot dead on, making my orgasm spiral over the top, causing me to let go suddenly. My eyes widen, since he's stifling my cries with his kisses. Pushing against him, he holds me down in place as he continues pounding in and out of me, riding my orgasm until he finally lets himself go, a deeply rooted groan rising in his throat and spilling out of his lips.

 

Pulling away from me, Justin shuts his eyes tightly as he releases his load, coating my walls while I'm trying to come down from my high.

 

"Shit..." He breathes out still thrusting lightly until his hips cease all movement and his body goes rigid.

 

 

Gasping for air, I relax against the mattress and allow my hands to drop to my sides. Pushing his body off of mine, Justin gives me a once over before a light smile tugs at the corners of his mouth. "I swear I didn't plan for this to happen." He grins and I just giggle weakly.

 

"I know." I assure him because really, we went from talking to fucking...or whatever this was...in no time flat. I didn't even see it coming.

 

"I...I...what I said I..." Stumbling over his words, he wipes at his face roughly and just like that the easy comfortable nature we just had is gone. The seriousness and intensity of our screwed up situation is back as he easily slides out of me and hops off the bed in record speed. He's confused and deeply troubled. It's written all over his expressions. I kind of feel bad for him.

 

Grabbing his towel on the floor, he wraps it back around his waist before he turns to look at me. "It...it's uh going to be dark out soon and...if you...I mean, you can stay here and nap if you want while I handle some shit. When Courtney gets back I'll tell you." Justin says softly and I can't help but smile at how adorable he's being again.

 

"Ok..." I sigh before I grip the warm comforter, pulling it over my body while nestling into his pillow. I'm too tired to fight or protest. I wish he'd just stay with me and pull me to lay in his arms but that's not happening. Inhaling deeply, I flutter my eyes slightly. God, everything smells of him since this is his bed. Still, he's so unhealthy for me.

 

Nodding in response, he passes his hands over his hair and then face. Walking over to me, he's just hovering as he examines me thoroughly. "You know Di, if I could erase everything I've done and take a do over, I would, but only to the point after I met you. I would keep everything the same before we met because if I changed anything, I wouldn't have known you and I don't think I'd have wanted that, knowing what I know now." He explains and I'm speechless. Say what now? Where did that come from?

 

"Oh uh well I..." I'm stumped.

 

"It's cool. I'll be back soon." He quickly catches himself and turns to move around the room, gathering a change of clothes.

 

Lying on my back, I pull the covers over my bare chest hugging unto them for dear life as I stare up at the ceiling. "We need a resolution and soon." I whisper to myself before Justin comes over to me again a few minutes later.

 

Turning to face him, I realize he has his jeans on now and his cell phone is clutched tightly in his palm as he hits speed dial. "I've made a decision Di." He states while keeping his blues locked on me.

 

"Oh?"

 

"Yeah, once I get this JC and Grant situation under control, I'm thinking of switching things and this entire business up to accommodate all of you girls especially Courtney. If anything, I hope you're around when that time comes because it won't be easy." He chuckles but I can see how jittery he is over this change he wants to make. This must be very difficult for him to do since he's so accustomed with his present arrangements.

 

His hands are slightly trembling and there is uncertainly and fear in his eyes. Still, Justin changing for me is huge and that makes me realize that he really doesn't want to lose me for whatever reason.

 

Still, I can't figure him out for the life of me. I want to say he's genuine and he won't relapse into this crazy life he's living but I can only hope and pray for the best. He's capable of just about anything right now with how unstable he is. I think, I think it's going to take for him to one hundred percent lose himself before a proper change can be made and that's what fucking scares me.

 

Not even Justin knows what he might be capable of once that timer goes off and he explodes like a bomb. I can only hope that if and when that day comes, we'll live through it to pick up the pieces. God, this is too complicated to think about.

 

Shaking my head rapidly when I realize I haven't given him a response, he simply knits his brows together before sighing tiredly.

 

The minute I open my mouth to say something, I instantly shut it when his attention is swayed to the person he was calling on his cell.

 

"Hello? Jacob you there dude?" Walking away from me, Justin lets out a hearty laugh and I know our moment is over. "Aw shit! No way man! That's crazy." He chortles. "Yeah, but listen though. I'm going to need you and Ronnie's help. How soon can you get over to my estate? We have some shit that needs dealing with..."

 

Pouting slightly, I turn over to my side, wanting to maybe just knock out for a while and forget about my life. Tuning Justin's conversation out, I snake my hands underneath the pillow feeling a cold object underneath. Pulling out the item, I study it intently as my fingers toy with the diamond pendent.

 

Who would have thought that such a pretty piece of jewelry would hold the key to Justin's past and why he's so fucked up presently? I would have never guessed it, but looking at the chain now, I can't help the few tears that rise to the surface and spill down my cheeks at the memory of when he told me what happened to his father all those years ago.

 

Right now, if there is anything I'm in desperate need of...it's a miracle. We just...need a miracle to get through what I'm sure is a pending disaster just waiting to happen off the horizon of our not too distant futures.

 

We need one that will shed light on everything that's going on so more lives aren't lost under Justin's or any other person's hand because they're mixed up in this business and life of danger and deception...

 

The Confrontation(s) - Part 1 by d_simplicity


Chapter 11 - The Confrontation(s) - Part 1

Two Weeks Later...

 

These last two or so weeks have been difficult. Justin is more reserved and unresponsive than I've ever seen him. I'm not sure what it is, but I think his psychological issues are taking a different turn. He's acting like things are ok when we both know they aren't. I guess he doesn't want me to worry too much.

 

He's been spending a lot of time with Ronnie and Jacob, trying to work out whatever plan they supposedly have, to deal with his ‘Grant and JC situation' as he calls it. I'm not completely angry that he's too busy for me or Courtney. It's given me more flexibility and believe it or not, I'm sort of enjoying the part freedom that I have.

 

Still, it's kind of weird that he's ok with me leaving the house now. He doesn't pressure me about it or keep me on a short leash. The only thing he tells me is to be careful and keep my eyes open. I guess he's too preoccupied to care now. Well whatever it is, I don't mind.

 

"Here's your drink Diane. Don't get too wasted now. Justin isn't here to carry you home."

 

Spinning around in my stool, I smile sweetly for Ricardo before I grab my Hennessey and Coke from his grasp. Thanking him, I take a sip of the substance before I glance at my surroundings.

 

I'm at Justin's establishment now and it's late in the afternoon. The girls are here as well setting up for later, but since Justin instructed me that I won't be performing until further notice, I've be relieved of all my duties. I know the other girls are grudging his decision to take me out of the show but they shouldn't really. They have no idea what's going on. I don't even know what's going on...

 

"I'm not Justin Ricardo. He has a stomach made for alcohol. One drink does the trick for me." I giggle and Ricardo just shakes his head in amusement.

 

"All the more reason why you shouldn't drink...but knock yourself out." He muses as he wipes down the counter of the bar.

 

Nodding my head in agreement, I take a large gulp from my drink before fixing myself in my seat.

 

"If you don't need me for anything, I'm going to head out and get those orders to stock up the bar for tonight." Ricardo states and I shake my head in response before he swiftly leaves to attend to his business.

 

This is sort of nice. I'm just chilling here not worrying about too much. I can't get Justin and JC off the brain though but it's no big deal right? I'll find out soon what's going on and everything will be solved I hope.

 

Justin is at home with Courtney and Rachel is somewhere backstage working on the wardrobes, hairdos and makeup for the girls. I'm thinking about heading home to join Justin and my baby though. Even though I trust him alone with our daughter now, I'm still worried since he's so hot and cold.

 

Yeah, I should maybe leave because I'm not looking for any of the girls to start any trouble with me over their jealous selves. I've seen the looks some of them are giving me. Some don't mind or care, but the others like Bethany are who I'm trying to avoid. I better ask the driver if he can take me home before any drama might arise. They don't need me here anyway.

 

Hopping off my stool, I down my glass then place it on the counter before smoothing out my blue top and jeans.

 

Giving the stage one last glance where I've performed practically naked countless times for the male and even female gender, I just roll my eyes, glad that I won't be cheapening myself tonight for the public's viewing pleasure.

 

Waving to a few of the girls out at the front who are still cool in my eyes, I maneuver between the tables and chairs until I make my way to the exit in search of the limo driver.

 

Only, my exit is cut short when a hyper JC comes storming through the front doors nearly knocking me over in the process.

 

Stumbling back, I feel him grip my waist tightly to steady us both before he finally locks eyes with me and realization hits him dead on. Almost immediately, he lets me go, allowing his hands to drop to his sides then takes a step back, still eyeing me intently.

 

"Diane?"

 

"JC...what's going on?" But I'm silenced when another man I've never seen before comes into view.

 

Frowning, I move around JC and quickly walk through the exit, not really caring to know what's going on right now. I just want to leave.

 

Gazing up and down the crowded sidewalk, I take in the busy Vegas lifestyles and all the passing vehicles and people. I think, if there ever comes a day when I gain my life back, I'd like to move away from here and maybe settle down somewhere like California close to the beach. Yeah, because out here is like a dessert, so a drastic change would be nice.

 

Spotting the driver down the street, idly resting against the door of the limo reading a newspaper, I move to head in his direction but stop when a hand grips my wrist firmly to spin me around.

 

And I'm face to face with JC again.

 

"Diane..." He's frantically searching my eyes as the same guy who seems to be with him is just smirking at us. "Where's Justin? Is he here?"

 

Yanking my hand away I turn to leave but JC stops me again. "Diane please talk to me."

 

"JC, I'm not supposed to even be around you right now. Unless you're willing to tell me what's going on I'm leaving." I state firmly. I have no need for small talk.

 

Sighing, he runs his hands through his grown out hair before tugging harshly on the red t-shirt he's wearing. Connecting his deep blues to my browns, he groans before turning to face the same strange guy. "Grant we should just..." But I interrupt them.

 

"You're Grant?" I ask incredulously while studying the tall man closely. He looks like a hard ass with his chiseled face and sly smile. Ugh. I'm not sticking around to hear whatever they have to say.

 

"Pleasure Miss Blossom." He grins.

 

Diverting my attention back to JC and ignoring Grant for the most part, I scoff. "I'm leaving Joshua. And Justin isn't in there so you should maybe leave too and not cause any trouble."

 

"No Diane wait!" JC calls out when I start a quick pace down the busy sidewalk. I'm not listening to him. There is nothing he can say to me right now. "Please Di, Justin isn't who you think he is." He rambles out and ok, that got my attention.

 

Whipping around to face the two men, I arch a brow in question. "Ok..." I begin but JC shakes his head as he catches his breath since he was trying to catch up to me.

 

"Listen, he's...he..." Pausing briefly, he turns around to Grant as if asking for some sort of silent permission. When Grant shakes his head, JC looks back at me and I notice how his features stiffen and his eyes darken. "Diane I'm sorry you have to find out like this but, Justin he's a lot of things I'm sure you know, but I bet you didn't know he markets women..."

 

Say what? Both he and Justin are saying shit about the other to save their skins. That's just so childish.

 

"Excuse me?" I belt in perplexity. Is this a joke?

 

"Miss Blossom, your lover boy sells women as sex slaves. I bet you're wondering why he doesn't want anyone to know about his new club and why he keeps you as his best girl. Well it's obvious. You're his first and best bet and you can bet that if you stay with him he's going to sell you. What kind of business do you think he's going to do with this new club? Exactly that Diane." Grant explains but I shake my head rapidly until he shuts up.

 

"You people...You're crazy. You're lying. Yes, Justin is a lot of things but he'll never do that...any of that. That's completely heartless. I'm not listening to this." I snap.

 

"Diane it's true. Just ask him if you don't believe us. That's what I couldn't tell you when we spoke Diane. That's why I've been trying to help you...help you get away from this before it was too late." JC pleads but I'm tuning him out. They're mental. They're both psychotic and I'm not listening to anymore of this craziness.

 

"Just shut up JC! Shit! I don't believe you. So just...leave me alone!" I scream, before whipping around and dashing down the sidewalk until I get to the driver.

 

Blinking back my tears of confusion, I beg him to take me home and quickly hop into the vehicle before JC and Grant can catch up to me again.

 

The last thing I hear before we pull out into the street is JC's fading voice yelling at me to ask Justin if I want to find out the truth.

 

The truth?

 

Please, I think the truth was lost among all of their lies years ago. There is no truth to anything in my life anymore. The only truth I have left is Courtney and I'm taking her away from this once and for all before I lose her like I've lost myself and everything else around me...

 

 

****

 

 

I've finally gotten back to Justin's estate.

 

The limo doesn't completely stop before I bolt out of it and through the front door in haste.

 

I can hear Courtney and Justin out by the pool laughing up a storm. Humph. He won't be laughing when I get out there, but first, I need to gather some things.

 

Running up the stairs by twos, I get to my room and bust the door open. Dashing around, I grab one of my duffle bags from out of the closets.

 

In no time flat, I'm stuffing the bag with any and every piece of clothing I can fit from my draws. When it's full, I zip it shut and give myself one quick glance in the mirror. This is one of those days when I hardly recognize the person staring back at me. I quickly tie my long brown locks up into a bun still studying my reflection. But, I'm trying to kill the mirror habit, so, with a huff and a scowl, I'm out the door with my duffle bag slung over my shoulders.

 

Stopping at the small wooden table in the middle of the hallway, I root the draw open knowing that's where Justin keeps one of his guns hidden in plain sight. Pulling out the revolver, I check to see if it's loaded. Confirming my suspicions, I place it in the waistband of my jeans before I grab the keys to Justin's Escalade that he hardly ever drives off the table.

 

It's time I did something for myself for once. If we're really in some type of danger, then I'm looking at Justin as a threat as well as JC. I'm not sticking around for them to settle their issues. I'm going to be as far away from this nightmare as possible.

 

Briskly walking down the winding staircase, I can't help the flashes that float through my mind taking me back to the day Justin found out I was pregnant with Courtney. I remember taking a nasty fall down those stairs by his hand. Back then, he was ruthless and even if he's different now, he's still the same person.

 

I can't endure any of that again. I love him. I really do, you have to believe that, but, it's not enough. It will never be enough and I've come to that painful realization. He doesn't deserve the privilege of me telling him how I feel either. He'd just take it for granted like he has always done with everything and everyone around him.

 

Dropping my duffle bag by the front door, I make it out to the pool under the setting sun, squinting until Justin and Courtney come into view. They're both soaking wet by a lounge chair. Justin is taking off the floats from her petite arms before he wraps her tiny frame with a huge white towel. His back it to me as he places her to seat on the chair before he grabs a towel to wipe his face then rests it down next to them.

 

God, they look so adorable and breathtaking that I almost forget why I'm so upset right now. Why am I even upset? I think it has something to do with my encounter with JC and Grant.

 

Clearing my throat loudly, I watch as Courtney and Justin whip around in my direction. Courtney's eyes light up instantly and she quickly hops down on her feet and sprints over to me with the towel swallowing her little frame.

 

"Mommy!" She beams before she crashes into my thighs. Bending down to hug her and give her a kiss, I easily instruct her to go into the house stating I'll be right there.

 

When she's out of sight, I notice Justin walking over to me with a light smile on his face, but when my eyes meet his own, he stops abruptly and his smile fades into a frown.

 

"Di, I...I thought you were staying to watch the show. I said I'd meet you all down there." He voices, but I have other things on my mind right now.

 

"No, no that's fine because I'm leaving." I mumble before turning around to walk away. I can't stand here and get into a confrontation with him now. I'd break. He has too much power over me.

 

"What? Diane what's going on?" Justin belts before he rushes up to me and spins me around.

 

I knew this was too easy. He can't just let me walk away.

 

Bowing my head, I can feel the air leaving my body faster than I can breathe. Oh god. "I...I'm..." Then he gasps and lifts my chin to look at me with shock written all over his face.

 

"What the fuck are you doing with my gun on you?" His voice is still soft and shaky as he tries to make sense of everything. His finger is pointing to the hard object in my waist as his blues twinkle in bewilderment.

 

"I...took it for protection." I sigh, not wanting to tell him that he's part of the reason.

 

"Protection? Against what? Me?! And where the fuck are you going? You just got here." Justin states as his tone's gentle nature is quickly diminishing while his eyes widen. "Are you leaving me? Is that what's going on?"

 

Smacking his hands away, I jack him roughly in his bare damp chest, trying not to relish in how good he looks in just his white swimming trunks that are hanging low around his slender waist, as he's dripping wet and tanned from being out in the sun all afternoon.

 

Shaking my head sadly, I burst through the sliding doors and make my way through the kitchen but I'm stopped again when I feel a pair of strong arms grip my waist and turn me around to rest on the edge of one of the counters.

 

And in a flash, he closes the gap between us until he's practically breathing down my neck.

 

"What the fuck is going on Diane? You're like some crazy bitch with the way you're behaving. Explain yourself." He demands with a sharp pitch in his voice. He's trying to control his anger. I can see it boiling to the surface in his stare alone, but so far, he's got it on lock down.

 

"Just let me go." I whimper not in the mood to converse with him. "I said I'm leaving. That's all you need to know. So just let me go."

 

"Jesus, tell me something Di! Let me understand what the fuck this is. You just show up out of nowhere and you're not really saying anything! What's your problem?"

 

"Justin..." But he cuts me off.

 

"I thought we got past this. I thought you said you'd stay. Why are we back to this again? We were making progress! Goddamn it woman!" He screams as his nostrils begin to flare and I know, I know he's losing his battle with keeping his temper at bay.

 

His palms find my wrist and he grips me tightly there, pinning my hands down on the counter as he presses his body firmly against mine. I'm not going anywhere...

 

"Please just..."

 

"What the fuck happened to make you like this?" He screams. "Huh? What the fuck happened while you were gone Di? Something fucking happened else you'd not be like this right now..." But he trails when I moan in pain. It's like something went off in his brain because he quickly releases the hold he has on me creating some space between us. "Shit, say something! Help me understand your sudden change in behavior!" He shouts.

 

Breaking eye contact, I can feel my tears rushing to the surface. I don't want to do this, I don't want to go. What the hell am I doing? "I...I met JC and Grant and..."

 

"What?! They didn't hurt you did they?" He says in a panicked tone.

 

"No, no but...but they said some things and I got to thinking and it's not safe here for me and Courtney. I...I just need a break Justin. I need to take her away from here, I just need some space to breathe and..."

 

But he bushes me off before walking up to me again. "Diane, what did they tell you?"

 

"Justin..."

 

"What did they fucking tell you?!"

 

Jumping back at the fierceness in his voice, I bow my head again, still trying to fathom the fact that what they said might be true. I just need to end this now before it goes any further.

 

"They said...you weren't who I thought and you...you sell women as sex slaves and you were going to sell me and some other things." I'm stunned into silence when he suddenly begins heaving right in front of me. His hands find his head as he reverses until his back slams against the kitchen wall. Wow. "But...but I told them they were lying Justin! I didn't believe them." I quickly add in, wondering what I just said to make him trip like this.

 

"But you're leaving. You leaving means you believed some of what they said. You're running away from me Di. You think I'm the one doing this? What if I told you it was the other way around huh? What if I said it was your precious JC trying to save his ass? What would you think then?" He growls and I don't even want to know. I can't deal with this right now.

 

"Just stop Justin! I'm so sick of all of this. Frankly, I do not care to know who is telling the truth. Fuck the truth! I just want out! Just leave me alone and let me go!" I belt before I turn and run out of the kitchen.

 

Walking into the living room I find Courtney still wrapped in her towel sitting watching television. She has the volume really loud as Spongebob's annoying laugh echoes through the room. At least she didn't hear us arguing thank goodness.

 

Rushing over to her, I scoop her up in my arms hearing her giggle lightly before she latches unto my shoulder. "Mommy go in the pool with me and daddy?" She asks hopefully but I shake my head 'no'.

 

"No baby, we're going for a little ride." I explain, heading for the front door.

 

I should have known Justin would be there waiting.

 

"Diane, don't do this please. You don't know what's going on. Just let me explain. You're not safe away from me Di. I'm telling you..."

 

"Just let me go Justin. I don't want to hear what you have to say now. When I did, you wouldn't share with me. I don't want to talk, I just want to fucking leave. I'll come back...I...I will." I mutter.

 

"No...no you won't. If I let you go, you'll never come back Di. Not if you can help it." His form is completely broken. His switch in moods is so intense that he constantly throws me for a loop.

 

"Get out of the way Justin." I groan in annoyance, since he's blocking my path to the front door.

 

"No! I won't let you go Di. Just come down from your fucking high and listen to me for a minute!" He pleads as his eyes cloud over. Why is he making this so difficult?

 

"Justin..."

 

"I won't let you go, do you hear me? I fucking won't. You're not taking my little girl." He grunts before he takes a step towards us. Dear god he's lost his fucking mind.

 

Backing away from him, I tighten my grip on Courtney. She's silent like she always is. She's staring wide-eyed at Justin as her little body trembles against mine. He's scaring her. He needs to stop this madness. "Just stop Justin! You're scaring Courtney."

 

"Then say you won't go Di. Please, just listen to me, let me explain. Let me tell you what's going on." He's fucking begging and he looks pathetic but my heart is aching right now. It's down right breaking in my chest at how distraught he seems to be. I can see the fear and pain in his eyes. His anguish is weighing down on him and I just know he's going to snap at any minute. I can't stay here for this.

 

Blinking rapidly, I burry my head in Courtney's curls trying to catch my breath so I don't breakdown in front of them. "Justin, if you care about us at all, you'll let us go." I say softly as my voice quakes. "Please you may not want to see it, but it's best that we're away from all of this...away from you." My voice fades as I look up at him.

 

His mouth gapes open slightly but nothing comes out. He's perturbed, not able to really make sense of his own emotions I bet. "What the fuck is happening?" He moans while shaking his head and casting his vision to his marbled floor. Moving away from the door, he rests against the wall before he lets himself go, sliding until he's crouched over on the floor.

 

Staring at him oddly, I have no idea what to say now. We always get to this point of destruction. I know I said I wouldn't leave, but how stupid would I be to stay here?

 

"Look Justin, I'll come back. I promise I will. I'm going to Rachel's for a bit then I don't know...I just need some space ok? And I didn't believe them Justin. You would never do the things they mentioned, I know. If...dear god if that's what JC and Grant are into then I understand why I need to stay away from them, so don't worry about it. Just let me do this please. This environment is not healthy for Courtney...think about her Justin." I plead.

 

He's just sitting on the floor staring off into space. Why does he always switch like this? "You know, it's worse this way." He mumbles mindlessly. Did he even hear what I just said? "I mean, the last time they were taken away from me...killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do but this time, this time you're leaving...that's...that's worse." He's rambling. Is he having a breakdown? God, where is Rachel when I need her?

 

"Daddy..." Courtney snaps me out of my thoughts. I almost forgot...she can hear everything that's being said. She may not understand it, but we don't exactly watch our tongues around her and I really think we should.

 

Snapping his head up when she calls out to him, Justin gives her a small smile. "It's ok...you're going with mommy, you'll be fine." He assures her.

 

"You come?" She questions, looking down at him. "Daddy you come?" She whimpers when he doesn't answer. "No cwry daddy."

 

Frowning at her, I look back down at Justin and sure enough, his cheeks are moist. I was so caught up with paying attention to Courtney I didn't even notice when he...god, his eyes are reddening by the second and there are tears still pouring out of his beautiful orbs. He's having a freaking breakdown right in front of his daughter. Oh god.

 

"Justin..." I gasp, but he shrugs me off before standing up on his feet.

 

"Just leave Di. How are you even getting off the estate?" He growls, before wiping at his nose. He doesn't seem to care that there are tears streaming down his cheeks. He seems numb to it all.

 

"I uh have the keys to your escalade but if you don't want me to take it then..."

 

"No, that's fine. I don't fucking care, just keep Courtney safe." He interrupts still sniffling. So he's ok with me leaving now? I wish he'd make up his damn mind.

 

"God, Justin don't do this please...something is really wrong with you." How can he openly cry like this? It's like his entire status is shot to shit. It's almost like he's not this badass multi millionaire who thinks he's a pimp and is hard and ruthless with people.

 

Looking at him now, he just seems like...Justin to me. All I see is a deeply troubled man loosing the one thing he's managed to care about presently in his life. And it's my entire fault.

 

"Just fucking go Diane! Goddamn it!" He shouts before he brushes past me to leave.

 

Placing Courtney down to stand by the door, I rush up and grip his arm before he can get to the stairs. "Justin I'm sorry! Why won't you understand that this is what's best?!" I plead, forcing him to face me.

 

Avoiding eye contact, he wipes roughly at his swelling eyes before scowling. "It's not what's best. At least I don't believe that. You're doing this because of a fucking encounter with JC and Grant. What am I supposed to think Di? You're afraid of me again...that's fine. Just don't keep Courtney away from me Diane, please, I can't live through this a second time around." Glaring at me with a pained expression on his face, I'm almost tempted to say fuck it and stay, but I can't. Not this time...god what are we doing? This is being drawn out too long...

 

Nodding, I turn to leave without responding. Grabbing my duffle bag, I sling it over my shoulder before I pick up Courtney and swing the front door open, only, Justin's next statement causes me to freeze in place, shocking me to the point where I almost drop my baby girl from my arms.

 

"I can't do this alone Di. I fucking need you and Courtney. God, I fucking love you Di...it's not fair..." Justin cries out as his voice cracks through his sobs...and, and what just...what did he just say?

 

Holy shit! "Oh my god..." I gasp, just staring at him in awe. What...what did he just say? "Oh my god Justin you just...you just said..."

 

His eyes widen significantly as he finally catches himself. "I...I...I didn't..." Shaking his head rapidly, he walks up to us, pausing to take a good look at me before he starts mumbling incoherent phrases. "Just go Di. Go to Rachel's. I have to end this once and for all. I have to fucking end this." He rattles, pushing me out the doorway and unto the platform.

 

"No...Justin...wait, you just said..."

 

"I know what I fucking said! I can't do this right now!" He belts, but quickly shuts up when he notices Courtney jump in my arms due to the volume of his voice. "I have to end this Di." His eyes are pleading with me to understand but I don't, and before I can even get another word in, the door slams shut in my face.

 

He, he just kicked us out.

 

No, wait, I said I was leaving.

 

Yeah, we're going where it's safer. I need to do this. Not bothering to bang on the door to try and get him to open up, though I'm betting he would in a heartbeat, I whip around with Courtney still in my arms heading to his ride parked just outside of his spacious garage.

 

Pulling the keys out of my pocket where I shoved them earlier, I press the button to shut off the alarm and unlock the doors.

 

"Shit, he just said...said he loved me?" I stutter to myself in disbelief as I place Courtney in the back seat and strap her up. Running to the driver's side, I dump my duffle bag on the passenger's side when I hop in and place his gun in the glove compartment.

 

Bringing the car to life, I quickly place it in drive and press on the accelerator, heading down the driveway.

 

"Oh my god, did I hear him right?" I mutter again. Justin said he loved me. I'm not dreaming am I? I didn't hear things did I? Oh my god, then what the hell am I doing? Why am I leaving? I, I've longed to hear him say it. Granted it wasn't the best situation for him to blurt it out in but still he said it. And I'm pretty sure he meant it.

 

Reaching to the large estate gates, I press the code into the key pad, mesmerized by the large black metal bars as they slowly slide open.

 

"Oh my god..." I'm in shock, I can't think straight.

 

"Mommy?"

 

Gazing at Courtney through the mirror, I smile lightly for her. "Yes baby." I'm trying so hard to keep my resolve and not bust into tears over everything for her sake.

 

"I see Daddy again?" She inquires hopefully and I can feel the tears threatening to break through. Fluttering my eyes, I nod while swallowing harshly to prevent a whimper from spilling out of my lips.

 

"Yes sweetie." I choke out.

 

"Otay, we be fine." She smiles lightly before resting back in her seat and looking out the window. "I miss daddy mommy." She sighs, sounding so grown up all of a sudden.

 

"Me too baby, I miss him already." I coo, even though he's unhealthy for me...for both of us.

 

As I get unto the street of our silent neighborhood, I can't help but look back through those mirrors when the gates to his estate close. God, I'm lost. I'm so lost. I don't even know what I'm doing right now. But the first thing is first, I need to make sure my baby girl is safe. Then I can worry about everything else after.

 

Putting the lights on bright, I cautiously drive through our neighborhood, noting how the street lamps all come on since the sun has set and there's a light orange glow left in the sky before darkness completely takes over, consuming what's left of the daytime.

 

Still, all I can think about right now is Justin's haunting blues as he admitted his feelings to me before he was aware of what he was saying. I can only imagine what's going through his mind and heart right now.

 

And I want to cry again...

 

But everything happens for a reason right? This is all happening for a reason.

 

I just hope that whatever he's going to put to an end, it doesn't terminate the slim chance that we have left of a possible future as a family together...

 

The Confrontation(s) - Part 2 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 11 - The Confrontation(s) - Part 2

 

Justin's Estate...

Hours later...

 

He sits quietly, void of any thoughts except one - she's gone. She left him. He's aware that this day was long overdue, especially with what he put her through these past years but, he thought, somehow if he changed for the better he'd get lucky.

He's clutching a glass of scotch in his hand. This is maybe his fifth or sixth drink. He's lost count. He just wants to forget some. Bringing a cigarette up to his moist lips, he takes a long drag holding the smoke in longer than necessary before he exhales.

His eyes are swollen and burning since he's been tearing non-stop. But he doesn't care. There's no one around to see how weak he is, how weak he's become. Maybe he shouldn't wallow in his misery but really, there's no one here to tell him otherwise. The one person he wishes was here is long gone...

 

I'm half gone cause my lady ain't here (no)
I been smoking and drinking, just sitting here in my chair (yeah)
Tears are steady fallin', I can't make em' stop. I keep falling deeper baby
I ain't been the same since you left with my heart (no, nah)

 

He thought that all he had to do was right his wrongs and show everyone that he was capable of caring. Still, after all of his efforts, he's alone...again.

He's not blaming karma this time. He has no one but himself to blame. He just doesn't deserve to be happy. He knows nothing about being a good partner to someone or even a good father. His opportunities for learning these essential things are constantly ripped away from him.

 

One minute it was good the next it was bad.
I wonder what happened to what we had
Girl you just left me without a sign
I need you back before I lose my mind.

 

So now, now he's just sitting, at the foot of his winding stairway, staring at his closed front door, wishing, hoping she'd come back. But he knows deep down in his aching heart that she's not going to. It's been three going on four hours now since she left. She's not coming back. Sure, he kicked her out at the last minute, but, only because he couldn't face her or himself.

 

Girl I'm fall-in' and I can't get up baby
(I'm) fall-in' and I can't get up baby
(I'm) fall-in' and I can't get up babe, I'm falling deeper, deeper...deeper.

 

He said things, things he didn't know he was capable of saying or feeling. He was confused and mortified by what it all meant when he uttered those words, professing an emotion he long buried years ago. He's still perplexed by it all, but only because of the fear that's now looming in his system. It's fear of the truth...that he knows...he's certain that he indeed loves her. The thought alone makes him shudder. How can he love her and still hurt her the way he has? He has no clue. He's just twisted and really crazy like that.

 

I got everything but I don't have you
I can't help but think about the things we used to do
Don't wanna hang in the streets cause I don't wanna find no one new
Girl you got ya hooks in me, got me stuck like glue

 

Sure, she knows he never meant to hurt her and he was just trying to push her away because of a past he had to endure. But still, is that even a valid excuse for all the things he's done? He doubts it.

Sighing, he brings his palms up to his face, scratching at his stubble then smoothing his hands over his head before he takes a large gulp of his lethal substance. He wonders if he could just slip a little poison into his drink and let it take effect, if he'll be destined to hell for committing suicide. He's almost tempted to find out. He's a complete mess all because of her...Diane.

 

One minute it was good the next it was bad (next it was bad)
I wonder what happened to what we had (to what we had)
Girl you just left me without a sign (without a sign)
I need you back before I lose my mind ...

 

He's been sitting here for about three hours. His butt is starting to cramp up and he's becoming antsy. He needs to do something about the mess he's caused. He needs to get her and his baby girl back. He won't allow them to walk out of his life. He won't lose the people he cares about this time around, not if he can help it. He can't be alone again. If he is, he'll die in more ways than one. He knows he will because he's been falling for a long time now, spiraling into a dark bottomless pit of despair.

 

Girl I'm fall-in' and I can't get up baby
I'm fall-in' and I can't get up baby.
I'm fall-in' and I can't get up babe
I'm fall-in' deeper, deeper...deeper.

 

There's no one there to catch him, to save him. But he's sure, if given a fair chance, she could catch him, she could save him...if he'd just get over his self and let her in.

 

Can you come catch
Me because I think that I've reached the end of my rope.
Girl, I just refuse to believe that we've reached the end of the road.

 

The only way he's going to solve any of this mess is to end what he started years ago when his father was killed. There is only one way to ensure that this doesn't come back to him again. He has to end all ties with the pains in his behind. And right now, he has two colossal pains better known as JC and Grant. There won't be any talking this time around. He's going to make sure that they never put another female through the things he knows they have.

There's no other way...he has to end this. He has to put an end to this madness before it's too late. And, he has to get his Di back, because without her, everything will be worth absolutely nothing to him anymore.

 

Girl I'm fall-in' and I can't get up baby.
I'm fall-in' and I can't get up baby.
I'm fall-in' and I can't get up babe,
I'm fall-in' deeper, deeper...deeper.
(oh-oh--oh-oh)
said I need you baby,
I can't live without yah
Girl...

 

Blinking back his tears, Justin finishes his glass of alcohol and outs his cigarette. He can feel the buzz of his intoxication as he stands to stretch out his limbs. He's still in just his white swimming trunks that are almost dry now. There's a light ache in his body from his poor sitting position. Wiping at his face, he smoothes his hands over his bare chest, trying to figure out what his next move should be.

The show is over by now and he's expecting his girls to be home shortly. He should maybe get Ronnie and Jacob on the phone but he has no intensions of going in search of JC and Grant just yet. He'll deal with them tomorrow after he's cleared his thoughts and can get a good night's sleep.

Maybe he should call Rachel's. She should be home now and he can check to see if Diane and Courtney are safe. Yeah, that's a good idea.

But first, he needs put on some clothes to shelter his body from the chilly night's air.

 

 

Getting into his bedroom, Justin strips himself of his swimming trunks and heads into his bathroom to take a quick shower.

About twenty minutes later, he's showered, fresh and fully dressed in some long jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

He's wondering if he should skip calling Rachel and just head over to her place instead. He knows that Diane begged him for space, but he can't help but feel like there are walls closing in around him. The longer he stays here knowing she's gone, the more desperate he becomes with wanting to bring her home.

He'll make things right, he'll show her that he's sorry. It's going to take the rest of his life to make up for what he's put her through but he's willing to take on that challenge.

Then his cell phone rings.

Groaning, Justin walks over to where his phone is situated on top of his nightstand. Grabbing the object, he flips it open and presses the talk button already annoyed with whoever is calling him right now.

"What?" He spits harshly into the line, not caring about who is on the other end.

"Is this Justin?" The person inquires firmly.

Frowning at the faint familiarity in the person's voice, Justin just scowls not in the mood to play any games with anyone.

"Who wants to fucking know? Look if you're some reporter looking for a story you can just shove your questions up your..." but the person interrupts him with a loud gasp.

"Justin that is no way to talk to your Mother! I am still your mother no matter how old you get." The woman scolds shocking Justin into silence. Is this some sick twisted joke? Is someone playing a prank on him because he'll hunt them down and...

"I'm sorry what?" He chokes out in a state of confusion.

"You are one hard person to get a hold of, but thankfully I was finally able to contact Hugh and he gave me your number." She explains before laughing lightly and sure enough, Justin recognizes her giggle instantly.

Feeling like the air is knocked right out of his lungs, he instantly takes a seat on the edge of his bed as his eyes grow wide in astonishment.

This is not happening, not now. Oh god, like he didn't have enough on his plate, past memories begin flooding his mind leading up to the last time he ever saw his mother and the argument they had about his father.

"M...mom?" Justin chokes out, feeling his throat tighten as a wave of nausea washes over him.

"Justin, I've been so worried about you...for years. Why didn't you ever contact me? You just disappeared never to be heard of again. Do you know what that did to me!?" She screams out in frustration, happy that she can finally hear her son's voice but angry that he estranged himself from the rest of his family. "After what happened to your father..."

"Just stop mother!" Justin belts, cutting her off. "I'm not a little kid anymore. You disowned me if I remember clearly so why the fuck are you calling now?" He snaps bitterly. "What, do you want money or something?" He chides.

"No Justin! I called because I missed you and I was worried about you for so long. When I found out that your father's business was doing so well in Las Vegas, I thought about coming over there to see you." She explains but Justin just jeers at her poor excuse.

"Let me guess, but you was just too preoccupied with your perfect life right?"

"No because I've been sick and too weak to leave..." She simply states with no emotion present in her voice.

Not knowing what to say to that, Justin suddenly feels an instant pang in his heart by her admittance. The realization that he or his mom could have died without them ever seeing or speaking to each other hitting him dead on. "S...sick?" He mutters, pressing the phone against his ear as his breathing deepens and he hunches forward.

"I had breast cancer, but I'm in remission now so I'm a fighter. I didn't call for your sympathy Justin. I called because I miss my son and I wanted to apologize for all those years ago when you were just sixteen. I didn't mean anything I said, you need to know that I was only upset and heartbroken. I never meant to pass my stress out on you Justin. With your father incident I knew you must have been terrified. I've been broken ever since not knowing if you were even still alive until I learnt of you running your father's business. I just want to...see you again, at least hold you one last time..." She drifts off, her voice cracking as tears build in her system.

Rendered speechless, Justin rubs his free hand over his face as he battles with what type of response to give to that. He of all people knows that apologizing doesn't heal the wounds that dig deep into your soul when the damage has been done. Still, it's his mother and knowing that she's been sick is making him slowly drop his defenses. He's lost so much time with her already and he's not sure how much time they even have left. But he's still in a state of shock by this surprise call.

Usually, he'd tell her to go fuck her self and hang up, but this exploration into his emotions and being a decent human being is slowly taking over. So, he does something he never thought he'd do after he walked out on his mother all those years ago...

"Where are you Ma?" He inquires.

There's a pause and a sigh of relief before she answers cheerfully. "I'm in California baby. I...I married Rocky you remember him don't you?" How could he forget Rocky? "Well I married him and we...you...you have a little sister Justin. She, god she reminds me of you so much. I've always told her about her bigger brother and she's been asking about you so much and I couldn't...tell her anything because I didn't even know if you were still alive and god I'm sorry." She trails off before sniffling loudly.

Justin hates to say it, but her downhearted state is really getting to him. "Ok, ok mom it's cool. Listen, why don't you give me your address and phone number and I'll see to how I can maybe send you guys a ticket to fly up here ok because I can't leave right now." He explains, listening as his mother excitedly rattles out their address and what's been going with her for the last few years.

All Justin can do is sit and listen in awe, mentally storing every piece of information for a later use, hoping that he gets out of this JC and Grant situation alive and in one piece so he can at least set eyes on his mother again one day. It's not going to be easy, but this is just one more thing in his life to look forward to.

Maybe...maybe he can be one of those people to find happiness after all.

 

*****

Some time later...

At Rachel's...

 

"Diane, you can't do this. It's dangerous out there when you don't know what you're about and Courtney. How are you going to provide for her?" Rachel says in a panicked tone as she eyes me closely where I'm sitting in Courtney's room packing up her belongings into a suitcase.

"Rachel, I'll think of something. We can't stay here. Justin will come for us, you know he will. I can't have him going crazy trying to get us back. I've had enough of this." I state sadly, folding some of Courtney's belongings and stuffing them into the suitcase.

"But it's not safe out there Diane!" Rachel belts as she comes and takes a seat next to me. "Listen to me Di, please let me put you all up somewhere for the time. I won't tell Justin where you are. You can get yourself together and I can help you financially and..."

"Just stop Rach. You and I both know you can't lie to Justin. He'll get anything he wants out of you. I just can't face him again this soon. Plus, I need to be where JC can't find me because I have reason to believe that he could be quite dangerous." I explain to her, giving her leg a pat before I zip up the luggage and place it to stand by the door of the room.

Grabbing a side bag, I start placing some of Courtney's toys and other accessories into the bag as Rachel remains sitting on the edge of her bed just eyeing me.

"I...I guess you have a point but you're not doing this without me. I'm going to give you some money to sustain yourself and I won't take no for an answer Diane." She says firmly with a light smile on her face.

Giggling I just shake my head before closing the now full bag. "I'll need all the help I can get. Thanks Rach. When I get to where ever it is I'm going, I'll have to change Justin's Escalade because I don't want him tracing the license plates. I'm sorry things had to come to this. I wish there was another way but being with Justin is just too dangerous for my baby and he himself is a threat to all of us with how unstable he is."

"God I know. He's my cousin and I love him, but he scares the shit out of me sometimes." Rachel admits before standing and walking over to embrace me in a tight hug.

"I'm scared Rach, but I have faith." I breathe against her raven hair.

"I have faith too Di, things will work out." She whimpers softly before pulling away to stare at me.

"No crying Rach, we need to be strong." I smile weakly before sniffling and wiping at my dry eyes.

"Well, I guess we better go check on Courtney downstairs huh? I'll grab my check book to write you a check too." She voices while moving over to the bedroom door to exit.

Grabbing the pieces of luggage I packed, I nod in response and follow her down the stairs to the living room until Courtney comes into view.

 

 

Dropping the suitcases, I head over to my baby girl just as Rachel's doorbell goes off.

"Who could that be at this hour?" Rachel inquires while looking over at me.

Shrugging, I pull Courtney to stand, shutting off the television to grab her attention. "If it's Justin get rid of him." I instruct and she nods before heading over the front door to unlock it and swing it open.

Stooping down to wipe some sweat out of Courtney's face, I freeze when I hear Rachel's voice filter into the room.

"What are you doing here?" She says angrily and I know that can't be good. Rachel barely ever shows anger unless she's really pissed off about something.

Telling Courtney to stay put, I walk out of the living room instructing her to be quiet when she calls out to me.

"Mommy..."

"Stay there sweetie." I say firmly, before leaving to head over the front door where Rachel is situated.

Walking up behind her, my eyes grow wide with shock when I see who she's talking to.

"JC?" I force out, stepping back when his deep blues connect to my browns.

"Ah Diane, I thought I might find you here, listen I need to talk to you. I need a big favor." He says with a conniving smile on his face.

"I don't think so. You should just leave. What are you even doing here?" I belt, gripping Rachel's arm to pull her in so she can shut the door.

"Look..." When he takes a step forward, attempting to come in, Rachel blocks his path. "Diane, I know Justin told you things about me, and he maybe said to stay away from me, but I need your help." He pleads, being interrupted when Rachel jacks him back.

"JC, I didn't welcome you in. Just leave, Diane isn't helping you in any way." She spits out, moving back to slam the door in his face but he easily stops her by placing his hand on it before his other hand lifts into the air and a...a gun comes into view.

"I'm sorry, but, I can't let you shut me out here." He says smoothly, raising a shot gun in the air at Rachel.

I here her gasp and I nearly fall over in shock before my hands find my mouth. "Oh my god." I mutter, turning to head into the living room but JC's stern voice stops me.

"Ah no Diane. Don't you dare. I don't want to hurt you. If you'll just cooperate then I won't have to use this." JC's voice booms out and I'm shocked at how unfeeling his tone is. Pushing a still stunned Rachel aside, he swiftly steps in walking over to me, glaring down at me with heated eyes. "Now Diane, I'm getting your help whether you like it or not." He chides and all I can do is look up at him in horror. This is...not the JC I know.

Dear god, he's a monster just like Justin if not worse because he's void of any emotions.

"I...I..." I'm stumped.

"It's ok. You're just going to come with me without giving me any trouble and things will be fine." He explains and I shake my head ‘no' before Rachel opts to speak.

"Don't Diane. You can't trust him." She points in but JC just grips her arm tightly, giving her a hard shove away from us.

"Don't fuck with me Rachel. I don't want to hurt you." He growls and dear god, I'm actually praying for Justin to just show up right now.

"JC stop it!" I scream when he points his gun in her direction, pulling back the safety.

Diverting his attention to me he scoffs. "Look Diane, I just want you. I don't want Rachel or even you and Justin's bastard child. I don't care to have a replay of his past. She can stay here; I have no use for her. But you're coming with me." He says before gripping my arm roughly, his fingers digging into my flesh.

Wincing in pain, I just bow my head knowing I can't fight him because my baby is in the other room and I can't have him using that gun in his grasp.

"But I...Justin..."

"Oh don't worry about your precious Justin. He'll agree to this even though he doesn't know it just yet. Come on time is wasting and our business partners are getting anxious." JC cattily spits out before yanking me towards the front door for us to leave.

"Diane, what are you doing, don't...don't do this." Rachel cries out with terror in her eyes because she knows there's nothing she can do right now to stop this.

"I...Rach, take care of Courtney please." I plead, on the verge of tears as JC pulls me out of the house and unto the front porch.

"Come on Diane, make it quick. And ask for you miss Rachel, you call Justin and you tell him I want to have a word with him but you do it first thing in the morning. If I find out that you contacted him tonight and he's out looking for me or Grant, you alls precious Diane won't be useful to any of us if she's not in one piece. Understood?" He threatens her and I'm mentally wondering how I can get out of this dilemma I'm in.

God, everything is just happening too fast.

When Rachel nods timidly, JC just laughs boisterously before he mutters a ‘good girl' under his breath.

The last thing I see is Rachel's pained orbs as JC jacks me forward to walk down the front stairs before he pulls the door shut behind us.

 

 

Stumbling down the stairs, a few tears slide down my cheeks when I think of Courtney and Justin. Oh god, this is all my fault, I did this...It's my fault, I should have just listened to Justin. But, if I get out of this, I'll never doubt him again, just please let him get to us before things go any further.

"I liked you Diane. I really did and I'm sorry that things had to turn out this way." I hear JC state as he walks up behind me and presses the gun into my back, the thin material of the blue dress I'm wearing not doing anything to cushion the hard rim of the object.

Not bothering to answer him, I just sigh when we walk up to his vehicle and he unlocks the doors. I'd maybe make a run for it, but I don't want to risk him hurting Rachel or my baby, so I guess I just have to give in and go quietly.

"Justin won't let things turn out this way either..." I mutter with attitude.

"Oh but that's where you're wrong because he doesn't have a choice Di. Not if he doesn't want to lose the ones he love again in his life." He chuckles bitterly and I feel sick to my stomach, disgusted by this man, this stranger that's here with me.

"Where are you taking me JC? What the fuck do you even want with me?" I spit out when he shoves me into the passenger side of the ride before he heads over to the driver's side.

"You'll find out soon Miss Blush." He stresses my stage name and I just shoot him a nasty glare before pushing back in my seat with a huff.

I'm not going to entertain this anymore. If I can't leave, I'll be stubborn and uncooperative till the bitter end. I'm not about to make this any easier for him.

All I can do right now, is just hope that somehow, Justin can get us out of this mess because really, he's our last thread of hope right now...

 

*****

At Justin's...

 

"I fucking told you Bethany! I don't want to speak with you right now. Why can't you leave me the fuck alone?" Justin screams out full of venom and rage at a pissed off Bethany.

"Where's Diane Justin, did you give her a vacation too? Look the girls and I were talking and we don't like that you're picking favorites around here..."

"Oh the girls and you huh?" Justin snaps as his eyes narrow at her. Walking up to Bethany, he grips her arms tightly and pushes her back until her body is glued to the wall. Lifting his free hand up to her neck, he grips her in a choke hold as she remains pinned to the wall of the living room where all the other girls are situated, just watching in horror at the scene going on in front of them.

They know better than to get in the middle of this little quarrel but still, they can't help but cry out, begging Justin to stop and calm down.

They returned home a few minutes earlier and the moment Bethany stepped foot through that front door, she was down Justin's throat.

He's had just about all he can take and he's on the verge of blowing up so she needs to watch herself with him.

"Justin...stop this...I...I can't breathe." Bethany gasps as her hands grip unto his arm where he's holding her in place.

Resting his body against hers, Justin tilts his head to the side with irritation written all over his face. "The last time I checked, none of the other girls spoke to me about this, and even now they are not saying anything Bethany. You're the only jealous bitch I see here." Justin lashes out, using his other hand to hold her waist so she stays one place.

"Please just..."

"I'm only going to tell this to you once Bethany. Don't fuck with me or have anything telling me unless I speak to you first understood? Get off my fucking balls and let me breathe." He says fiercely and all she can do is nod frantically in response since her voice lodges in her throat due to her lack of air. "Ok then. Now get the fuck out of my face." Releasing his hold around her neck, Justin grips a chunk of Bethany's raven hair and jacks her forward forcefully to walk.

Stumbling forward, She gasps for air, taking deep breaths before she coughs to clear her air ways. Rubbing at her sore throat, she doesn't say anything else but just makes a silent exit with a few of the other girls at her side trying to comfort her.

Gazing at the many faces in the room, Justin just growls before he whips around and storms away from his girls, not wanting to hear what any of them might have to say.

 

 

Making it out to the pool, he plops down on a nearby lounge chair before rubbing at his temples as he gazes at the small ripples in his pool.

"Shit..." He hisses when he feels the faint aches of a migraine coming on.

At that exact moment, his cell phone goes off, vibrating against his side where he has it hooked.

Grabbing the device, he reads the caller Id and quickly flips it open when he realizes that it's Rachel.

"Hello? Rachel?" Justin calls out eagerly.

"Oh thank god...Justin we need your help." Rachel rambles out.

"What? Who is we and what are you talking about? Where's Diane, is she with you?" He inquires as he seats up, giving his cousin his full attention. Tightening his hold on his phone, Justin sighs angrily when Rachel whimpers over the line. "Get fucking to it Rachel." He snaps.

"She was but..."

"What do you mean was?" Justin belts, standing on his feet and pacing at the edge of his pool. "Where's Courtney?" He enquires.

"She's here, she's fine but god Justin. I'm sorry. I couldn't do anything to stop them. He had a gun and..."

Zoning out, Justin feels his chest tighten and his heartbeat instantly speeds up at the mention of a gun.

"Justin are you there? Look, he took Diane. I couldn't stop him, I didn't want him to hurt your little girl. I don't know where he's taking her but he warned me to only contact you in the morning but by then it might be too late...Justin...." Rachel pleads when all she hears is his deep breathing over the line.

Trying to suppress the urge to scream, Justin stops his pacing and just stares dead ahead in the direction of his Jacuzzi, flashes of the night Diane was in there with him flooding his mind. "JC?" Justin asks knowingly. "JC took her?"

"Yes. I'm so sorry Justin I just..."

"It's ok Rach." He says calmly, maybe a little too calmly. "I have an idea of where he might take her. And If he ordered you to contact me in the morning, then I won't do anything tonight. He won't hurt her. He needs her to be in good condition and health. I...I have to go, but thanks for letting me know what's up." Justin voices softly.

"What? Wait Justin no I'm not finished I..."

"Just take Courtney and get her somewhere safe Rachel I'll handle it." Justin demands.

"Please be careful Justin." Rachel begs.

"Yeah sure." He mutters and moves to end the call but stops when something else passes through his mind. "Oh Rachel, uh...mom she...she called." He adds in, in a shaky tone as he scratches at his stubble in thought.

"Oh my god...are you serious?" A stunned Rachel cries out.

"Yeah but I'll tell you about it another time. Right now, I have shit to settle so later Rach." Telling his cousin bye, Justin swifly ends the call before he hits speed dial on his phone and places it back to his ear.

 

 

After a few rings someone picks up with an animated hello.

"Jacob man what's up?"

"Hey Justin I'm good. Listen, I got some information for you on the media snooping. They're relentless man especially that Edwina chick. Word out is they're going to show up at your estate at anytime man." Jacob voices over the phone.

Groaning, Justin just brushes off that piece of information since Diane is the only thing on his mind right now. "Yeah, well she and the rest of them can kiss my snow white ass man. I'm not caring about that right now. I called to tell you to get Ronnie and come over here as soon as you can. Bring some shit to camp out in for a little sleep over. We have shit to do. JC took Diane." Justin explains hearing Jacob sigh heavily over the line.

"Fuck J. I'm sorry man. We were trying to prevent this and..."

"Yeah don't worry about it. It's partly my fault; I shouldn't have let her go. But no worries man. We're going to put an end to this tomorrow. Shit's about to get ugly I can tell but it needs to be done."

"You know we have your back J."

"I know and thanks man. But hey, on your way over stop by my establishment and grab those grenades I have in the storage room and some of the guns back there." Justin explains while heading back into his house.

Walking over to one of the draws in the living room, he pulls it open and carefully takes out an object, eyeing it intently.

"Damn Justin. You're out for war bro." Jacob chuckles lightly. "I'll grab Ron and we'll get right on it."

"Sweet." Justin mumbles while playing with the diamond pendent in his fingers before snapping back to reality. "I better get going then. Give me a ring when you all get here. Oh and Jacob, we're going to pay Grant a little visit first thing tomorrow when he opens up his business..."

"No doubt." Jacob replies easily.

Justin just smiles evilly before he tells his friend 'bye' and hangs up his cell, stuffing it into his jeans pocket.

Silently examining the necklace that he had made for Diane, he just smirks at the diamond hanging at the end as he lifts it up into the light to get a better view.

Sighing, he drops the chain in his palms, balling his hands into a fist around it before he decides to head up to his room and wait for his friends.

"Don't worry Di..." He whispers to himself. "You'll get to wear that necklace again. I'll get you back, and when I do, I'll make sure that no one and I mean no one ever takes you away from me again. And I can bet my life on that..."

 

*****

Song: Fallin' by J Holiday

The End Result(s) - Part 1 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 12 - The End Result - Part 1

 

Next day...

Las Vegas, Nevada

 

“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.” - Unknown

 

Rubbing his palms over his dark jeans, Justin sighs impatiently as Jacob pulls up in the parking lot of one of the many adult entertainment establishments here in Las Vegas.

 

His morning was a disaster when media reporters showed up at his estate grounds but he was on an agenda and was able to dodge them. He knew he wouldn't be able to avoid them forever but so far, so good...

He'd deal with them promptly when the time came to face them.

Justin also sat ‘his girls' down and ordered them to keep away from the reporters since they were back at the estate when he left.

He managed to contact Rachel earlier and convince her to take Courtney over to Hugh's where he was sure they'd be safe so he wouldn't have to worry about them. Hugh was the only person Justin could trust wholeheartedly and after a quick call to explain his situation, Hugh was able and willing to help out Justin since he viewed him as his own son.

All Justin had to do was bring Diane home safely so they could try and build the family Justin always wanted but never admitted to. He also knew Diane always wanted that and he was actually ready to try and be someone better than who he was. He...he was ready to be the man she needed in her life and conquer his demons. He owed that to her and his self. They deserved to be happy and he was set on accomplishing that goal not just because it was the right thing to do, but because he loved her and the recent happenings that took place proved to him that he needed her as a solid part of his life. Not to mention he wanted to see his mom again after that call he got from her the day before. But first, he had to get rid of the threats and deadweights in his life in order to make a clean start...

 

"Could you have driven any slower?" Justin growls belligerently, tapping his fingers against the window seal of the Hummer as he looks out at the few cars in the parking lot.

"Chill J...we're here now and that's all that matters." Jacob voices calmly, finding a parking spot before killing the engine of his ride.

"I swear if they touch a hair on her head I'll fucking skin them alive. I'll chop them up and ship their body parts to their family members." Justin mutters mindlessly before fixing his black fedora hat then swinging the door to the Hummer open and hopping out.

"They won't hurt her." Ronnie asserts from the backseat as he and Jacob exit the ride as well to stand next to Justin.

Eyeing Ronnie, Justin simply leers at his forlorn attempt of assurance. The only way he knows that Diane won't be hurt is if he ensures it himself.

All three men remain in silence as they scrutinize their target destination.

"Are you sure you want to do this now in broad daylight man?" Jacob inquires, placing his hand on Justin's shoulder, snapping him back to reality.

Turning to look at the dark man with apprehensive eyes, Justin just shrugs. "We don't have a choice. By this time tonight, they're going to want Diane on a plane to wherever it is that they're trading her. I can't allow that to happen." Justin says in an obvious tone before he fixes his two guns in his waistband under his black t-shirt and the knife in the grove of his socks and sneakers. "Come on." He belts the order to his two friends before he struts towards the entrance of the building.

Ronnie and Jacob exchange worried glares before they rush after Justin, knowing that no matter what happens they'll have his back through any and everything.

"Justin maybe you should reconsider, especially with the media on your back. If anything gets out the cops are sure to follow man." Ronnie enunciates as he enters the building behind his friend.

Stopping a few feet away from the bar, Justin rotates the upper half of his body to glare at the younger man, overflowing with incense. "There is nothing to reconsider Ron. I'm getting Diane back whether you help me or not." Justin snaps cantankerously. And just like that, he whips around, storming past the bar and heading towards the elevators that lead to the second floor of the building with his two weary friends in tow.

 

 

In no time flat all three men exit the elevator on the second floor of the entertainment establishment, heading down the hall in the direction of their destination.

Observing his surroundings cautiously, Justin sighs softly, remembering the many times he set foot in this place. None of his encounters here turned out well and he knows now will be no exception.

As thoughts of Diane flood his mind he groans, swiping his palms over his black Sinatra t-shirt clad chest when his breathing deepens. He can't help but worry about her. He also can't measure the level of betrayal he feels due to what JC has done. Sure, the guy isn't the squeakiest clean, honest individual, but after everything they've been through together, Justin at least thought he had some moral compass or compassion to not do this. Justin knows JC is aware of how he feels so strongly towards Diane. Still, JC's insatiable thirst for money and desperate attempt to save his behind, has currently led them to their present location - standing outside of the large ebony vanished door of Grant's office inside of his establishment.

Justin figures that this unannounced meeting is going to aid in determining the end result of how this entire situation will turn out for all the persons involved.

His eyes flit around for any sign of lingering employees, but he sees none. The only person who really acknowledged their presence when they came in was the bartender and that's only because he's friends with Justin's ‘tender Ricardo. He also works secretly for Justin, giving him the heads up on what Grant is usually up to. It's sneaky but in this business, Justin has learned to pull out all the stops with his competitors. Since it's still day time and no shows are going on, the place it practically deserted. If things go his way, this should turn over well he hopes.

Cocking his head in the direction of his two comrades, Justin nods his head and all three men pull out their pieces before Justin inhales sharply and twists the door knob, kicking it open with his feet before they storm in like gale force winds, intruding on the occupants of the large, spacious, lavish office.

Eyes expand and all chattering ceases at the presence of the three uninvited men that just barged in...

"Jus...Justin?" Grant chokes out in a panic-stricken state. "What are you..." But when he moves to stand, Justin pulls back the safety on his gun causing Grant to plop right back down in his seat with a thud.

"I'm going to keep this short Grant because I can't be bothered with you now, but you can bet I'll be back for your ass." Justin snarls, walking over to Grant's desk with his aim dead set on the middle of his foe's skull.

Jacob and Ronnie do their job of covering their friend by making sure that Grant's security guard and nameless business associate don't shift from their current positions.

"Justin what the fuck is this? You must have a death wish showing up here like this. Are you crazy? You already declined our proposal though I had every intention of making sure you delivered but I've been busy. Guess you couldn't wait for me to come to you again huh?" Grant sniggers, but the menacing glow in Justin's darkening orbs silences him instantly.

Justin glares at him quietly for a few seconds, processing what he just voiced. "I'm way past crazy. So, don't fuck with me Grant. You and I both know you didn't give a shit about my decision because you had every intention of taking her anyway. So where the fuck is she huh? Where did you and that fuck JC take her? I won't let you two do whatever shit you're up to...I'll shoot you right now Grant and walk out of that fucking door...unaffected with no remorse but glad that I did the world a favor and took out one more of your kind...so talk!" Justin demands loutishly, with a slight tremble in his hands as he suppresses his anger long enough to get the answer he seeks.

"Wow Justin hold on now." Grant finally builds the urge to stand and face him, his desk the only barrier between them. Only, with Justin's gun mere inches away from his face, he knows this does nothing for his protection. Justin means business, and if he can at least weasel his way out of this by being honest for once in his life, then it's worth a shot. "I don't know what you're talking about. I...we didn't take anyone." Grant assures with raised hands but Justin just laughs bitterly.

"Why would you waste your time and come up with a bullshit lie like that? You really think I believe anything that comes out of that mouth?" Justin hisses in an uncouth manner before circling Grant's desk to face him, still keeping his steadfast aim. "I told you, I warned your ass that the next time there would be no words and only action. I've said enough already, I'm not staying here to look at your miserable, incompetent dick face any longer. If you won't cooperate then I have no use to keep you alive now."

The tone of Justin's voice has lowered significantly to one of pure hatred and malice. His expression is one of borderline insanity as he reaches the peak of his breaking point. He's well aware that there is no controlling his temper any more than he can control his breathing. It's going to take one thing to set him off the edge and he's saving it for when he lays eyes on his ex friend now turned mortal enemy JC. Oh, he's in for a rude awakening.

Gripping Grant by the collar of his cream shirt, Justin takes his gun and thrusts it roughly in Grant's chest, causing the older man to wince in pain...

"J...J please you're acting crazy. I told you, I don't know what you're talking about..." But Justin cuts him off with a booming growl.

"You fucking know Grant! You fucking know! You took Diane; you sent JC to take her for whatever plan you two concocted. You have ten seconds to tell me where she is else there will be a bullet piercing your heart shortly! I fucking mean it!"

Feeling his resolve cracking, Grant resorts to begging his rival to believe him. "Please Justin...listen to me, I had no idea JC was going to take her! We agreed to let some time pass so we could come back to you one last time before we'd even consider doing something like this...please. I know what Diane means to you...why would I..." But he dithers when Justin interrupts him...

"Ten...nine...eight..."

"Justin listen to me! I had no idea he would do this!" Grant wails, his heartbeat now erratic as he pleads for his life. Justin's stare is cold and hard as he pauses for a brief moment before he resumes counting.

"Seven...six...five...four..."

"Justin I'm telling you the truth! The buyer extended our deadline! JC had no reason to do this and he didn't tell me about it! Please!" Grant's voice fades off into a slight whimper as his eyes gloss over. So much for being honest.

He should have simply made something up and sent Justin on a wild goose chase while he contacted JC and chewed him out for being so careless and thoughtless. But, it's too late now...

"Three...two..."

 

 

"Justin! Maybe he's telling the truth man." Ronnie's voice throws Justin off and he looks over at his friend with a stare that indicates the younger man must certifiably be out of his mind.

"Ron, why would you even think that?" Justin scowls, not liking the fact that his death threat was interrupted.

"Man, he knows you're going to shoot him. If he feels that telling you where Diane is will save his ass, he would have done it by now." Ron reasons and when Justin glances in Jacob's direction, he nods in agreement with Ronnie, shoving the terrified security guard down on the floor where he can keep a better eye on him.

Looking back over at Grant, Justin groans loudly before his hand drops from his chest and he lets him go. "Shit! Fuck!" He curses, realizing that his friends are right. Not to mention, the terrified yet honest look in Grant's eyes indeed justifies that he's telling the truth and has no clue about the abduction that took place last night. "Ok, ok Grant, your ass stays alive a bit longer, but, you're coming with us."

"What!?" The horror on his face causes Justin to chuckle slightly.

"You think I'm going to leave you here to call JC and let him know we're looking for him? Oh no my friend. You're coming. I can kill two birds with one stone where in your case, you're one of those birds and the stone would be my gun." And with that said, Justin grips Grant's arm roughly, tugging him towards the entrance of the office as Justin instructs Ronnie and Jacob to ‘get rid' of their witnesses.

Not sticking around to hear the two men begging for their lives, Justin hauls Grant out of his office - the last thing he sees is Jacob and Ronnie connecting the silencers on their guns before the door slams shut, cutting off the begs and pleads of mercy. Justin is not proud about any of this, but, Diane is his main concern, and really, he will eliminate any and everybody that gets in his way of getting her back safely and keeping them that way.

 

 

"You're fucking sick Justin." Grant finally finds his voice, gaining some courage as the elevators to the ground floor dings and Justin shoves Grant forward to walk with his gun pierced into his lower back.

"From you, that's a compliment. I know if situations were reversed you would have killed me first chance you got so I'm doing you a favor here. Watch your fucking mouth." Justin mutters.

"You're right I should have killed you a long time ago. But, you really think you can walk out of here with me, kill me and no one notices? People know you Justin. You're practically a celebrity. They know our history and they know about our feuds and competition. If I turn up dead, you're the first person they'll come after. And even though you get your precious Diane back, you won't be with her because you'll be behind bars, for life, facing the death penalty for all the crimes you've committed in your lifetime."

Sighing in utter annoyance, Justin continues to jostle Grant towards the exit of the building, the two of them being the only souls sauntering through the lobby to the front doors. "Grant, you have many enemies so I'm actually surprised that you're still alive. Besides, you won't turn up dead...you'll turn up missing. And, you'll have every reason to be that way with what the media and feds are going to discover about you and all your underhanded dealings in this business. They'll expect you to run, disappear...turn.up.missing. So, you running does not put me behind bars, whether that would be the real case or not." Justin supplies before swinging the doors open and walking out of the establishment, heading in the direction of Jacob's Hummer.

Then it dawns on Grant. Justin didn't just show up on a whim. He planned this, all of this...

"You...you planned this didn't you?" Grant swallows the lump in his throat because he knows that if Justin's worked this out, there is no way anything will be pinned or linked back to him. Justin has been doing this for years...getting rid of persons who prove to be detrimental to his existence. What's one more time? Now isn't going to be any different.

Justin simply smirks by Grant's inquiry not bothering to give a verbal response...

The thought alone of being murdered by his arch enemy and never being found puts Grant in a lose-lose situation. Just the thought of all of this makes him actually wish that he made different life choices, but it's too late now. And, by the thumping of his heart, sweaty palms and labored breathing, he knows that he made a terrible mistake messing with Justin, thinking he would turn out to be just another pushover if the price was right.

This is a classic case of proof that love outweighs and can win over anything...even money.

Opening the doors of Jacob's ride, Justin shoves Grant into the backseat before crawling in to seat next to him. "Ok, now don't fuck with me and try anything else I'll out you right here." Justin warns as he notices Jacob and Ronnie finally making their way across the parking lot. "Now...if I'm right and I know I am, we'll find JC at his other estate where he used to do business all those years ago. I'm almost positive that's where he's taken Diane to make the trade and...he'll be expecting us..." Justin divulges, frowning when Grant wheezes slightly before gripping his chest tightly. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Justin inquires, knitting his brows in confusion and pursing his lips before poking Grant with the gun.

"I...have asthma...don't have my inhaler...in office..." Grant chokes out, trying to take in deep breaths to calm his nerves.

"Well isn't that some shit." Justin chuckles. "If we're lucky, you'll suffocate to death and I won't have to pull the trigger or get rid of you after all." Patting Grant's back harshly, Justin fixes himself in his seat, keeping his unwavering aim on the older man as Ronnie and Jacob hop into the Hummer at the front.

Silently bringing the vehicle to life, Jacob heads out of the parking lot of the establishment and onto the highway in the LA traffic.

"You guys got the job done?" Justin asks from the back while keeping a close eye on a gasping Grant.

"Yeah man, we took care of everything including the security cameras in the security room. Ron was a little freaked out since he hasn't developed his niche for killing just yet but we're cool." Jacob explains emotionlessly while switching lanes easily.

"Sweet. I owe you all man. Thanks a lot." Justin drawls lazily. His appreciation doesn't falter in his tone either. He really is truly grateful that he's not doing this alone.

"It's nothing J. I mean, I know I can be a fuck up at times, but I'm sure you'd do the same for me...for us." Ronnie says confidently while turning around in his seat to look back at Justin and Grant.

Arching a brow, Justin's lips curl into a coy smile before he shakes his head in slight amusement. "Sure Ron...you know I would." And he actually means it even though the kid really is a handful; no matter what Justin throws at him he still keeps coming back, determined to prove himself worthy. Justin finds that oddly admirable about the young man.

"Hey, is...is he ok?" Ronnie points over to Grant who's clutching his chest tightly as his body hunches over, his shoulders shaking lightly.

Rolling his eyes tetchily, Justin just waves Ronnie's question off. "He'll be fine...well...ok not really, but shit, he's saving us a whole lot of trouble."

When Ronnie gives Justin a disbelieving glare, Jacob ends up laughing from the driver's seat since he's looking at them through the rearview mirror.

"Fuck Ron, he has asthma." Justin finally admits.

"That's some shit." Ronnie mumbles in a whisper before fixing his self and facing forward again to look out the window at the passing cars.

"That's what I said." Justin chortles while tilting his head to the side with a sense of twisted satisfaction from the man's failing composure who's sitting next to him.

Still taking in deep, calm breaths, Grant swallows harshly as his asthma attack slowly dissipates, relieving the panic from his system. Still, the fear that this is the last day he'll ever be alive to witness keeps the adrenaline pumping through his veins and he knows...he knows that when they get to their destination, there's no way he'll be giving in without putting up one hell of a fight.

"You better pray that Di's ok Grant, because if so much as a strand of hair on her head is out of place, I'll save you going quick and painlessly and make sure that you suffer a slow, torturous death. I'm going to find out what's going on. JC is going to tell me exactly what's going on with this fucking trade. He's going to tell me everything in detail even if I have to beat it out of his disloyal ass." Justin spits out boisterously before Jacob speaks up.

"So, speaking of Diane, care to give me the directions on how we get to her from here J?"

Justin quickly rattles out the directions to JC's old mansion located about an hour away from their present location.

With a simple ‘ok' as a response from Jacob, Justin diverts his attention back to a disturbed Grant who's successfully keeping to his self in an attempt to prevent from disrupting Justin's already edgy mood.

And just like that, a tense yet appreciated silence takes over for the rest of the journey to what Justin hopes won't be his final destination...

 

****

JC's Estate Grounds

 

Fluttering my eyes open, I squint, trying to adjust to the bright lighting in the room.

"Wha...what's..." Trailing off, I swallow harshly when I feel a wave of nausea take over. "Oh my god..." Hunching forward I gasp, blinking rapidly to clear my blurred vision but to no avail. "What's going on?" I murmur, trying to make sense of my surroundings.

Shifting, I move to get up but the moment I try to walk I feel a hard tug on my leg. "Wha..." Stumbling forward, I fall to my knees and even if I can't see properly, I can feel just fine. The moment my hands smooth down my blue dress and connect to my ankle I start to gasp as panic surges through my body and my nerves kick in. "Oh my god, what is this?!" I cry out, tugging roughly at the chain around my right ankle trying to get it off, but, I've quickly realized that's not possible without a key. Where is it even connected to?

Ok Diane, just stay calm. Firstly, try to figure out where you are and how you got here.

I feel so drowsy, so lethargic. It's to the point of a numb dizziness as I'm still seeing my surroundings partially blurred. What's going on? Why can't I remember anything!? My entire body feels weak, almost numb and I'm so queasy I could hurl at any moment.

Ok, ok think...I need to make some sense of what's going on.

And the moment I fight to concentrate through my drowsy state, it all comes flooding back to me...

"Oh...oh my god JC! He...Courtney my baby....and...oh god Justin. Justin I'm so sorry." I ramble out in an unhinged state while standing up again and surveying the room I'm in. Since my vision is failing me, the most I can make out is that I'm in some bedroom?

What!?

 

 

The last thing I remember was getting into JC's car. We drove for what seemed like hours and then we got to this...this huge estate, bigger than where I know JC lives. He brought me in and there were a few people there I never saw before waiting, just staring at me...examining me. They...they never said anything come to think of it. Plus, JC still had his gun pointed on me to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. I was giving him the silent treatment which really frustrated him but he still tried to keep his cool. He's so strange to me now, so...bizarre with his callous behavior.

I remember him placing me to sit at the large mahogany dining table and putting two very large, dark men in charge of watching me before he disappeared for what seemed like ages. I think he was talking or more like arguing with someone on his cell at a certain point. I couldn't see him, but I could hear the faint sound of his aggravated tone filtering through the room.

I have no idea why JC is doing this, but something tells me it has to do with the whole sex industry thing that he and that Grant guy was telling me about. If that's what it is, it can't be anything good. I didn't even notice Grant there when we came last night. I was sure he'd be right there with JC. They seemed close.

When JC finally came back, he asked me if I was thirsty and gave me a glass of water to drink as he pierced me with his intense gaze. I wanted to say something...anything to him, but I realized that not cooperating with him was making his job difficult, especially when he started asking me all these questions about my physical health. I knew why he was asking me, but, I didn't want to believe it, so I just stared at him as I silently drank the glass of water he handed me. I didn't have a choice since he placed his gun to my head and ordered me to drink.

That...that's the last thing I remember doing.

Everything became really dull and faded a few seconds later. I know now that he gave me something. He put something in that water but...I don't know what. I mean, at least it wasn't poison to kill me right? But, with the way I feel - so comatose - I can't help but wonder what type of drug is swimming in my system now. I really feel sick like I could pass out again at any minute. I can't...I can't give up without a fight. I just can't.

 

 

I'm so confused right now. I have no clue what's happening or where I am and...

It...it's all my fault. I'm so stupid. "Oh god, this is all my fault..." I whimper before curling my knees up to my chest as I sit on the hard floor of the room and rest my back against the wall. Feeling a rush of tears come to the surface, I sniffle, trying to be strong but my attempt falls short when a few tears escape, flowing down my cheeks. It's not long before they're steadily falling, clouding my already distorted vision.

Justin he, he must be so worried. I'm sure Rachel contacted him by now and I'm almost sure he nearly had a massive coronary. I wonder what he's thinking, feeling or even doing right now. I'm sure he's maybe out looking for me. I'd not want to be JC right now. I also would not like to see any interaction between them if Justin did find us but now...now I'm not so sure. I just hope my baby girl is ok. I would never be able to live with myself if anything happened to her.

God please let Justin find me. I...I need him...

Then I hear a clanking noise indicating some keys are being jingled in a lock before the knob twists and the door to the room swings open.

Lifting my head slightly, I gaze up at the person who just walked in, hovering over me.

I feel so blind right now. I can't quite make out who it is, but then the person speaks and a shiver passes through my body by the insensitive tone of their voice.

"Diane...I'm so sorry."

It's JC.

Pushing my body against the wall, I turn away from him feeling light-headed. I haven't said a word to him since we came here last night.

"Still giving me the silent treatment I see. No matter..." He states before kneeling in front of me. Gripping my chin firmly he examines me and I'm fighting to avoid eye contact with him. "Justin hasn't contacted me yet, but I'm sure he's on his way over here." JC continues to speak.

Remaining mute, I groan when I feel a sharp pain shoot through my skull. When I let out a painful moan, he drifts off momentarily to glare at me. "Hmm, after effects of the drugs." JC admits and I just scowl. "Like I was saying when Justin shows up, I'll be ready for him."

Shaking my head in protest, I lift my hands and push at his chest to get him away from me. His scent, body heat and close proximity are making me anxious. I feel like I'm on the verge of hyperventilating as I gasp for air, unable to steady my breathing. The air isn't filling my lungs fast enough and I feel extremely weak. I couldn't stand even if I wanted to.

"Hey, don't fuck with me Diane." JC snaps abrasively, smacking my hands away, but when he closes the gap between us, I begin struggling against his hold.

"Mmmm..." Is the only thing I can mutter as my head spins. My vision is finally clearing up but even if I was seeing darkness it wouldn't stop me. I'm not making this easy for him.

"Hey stop it Diane. I don't want to hurt you!" JC spits out, trying to grasp at my flailing hands.

And that's when I feel it bubbling up my throat and spilling out of my lips... "No! no...no!" I scream out frantically, now swinging my hands recklessly, hitting any and every part I can reach on his solid frame as I grapple against him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" JC growls, before he jacks me roughly. Grabbing my arms, he yanks me up to stand and I feel my knees give way instantly, causing me to crash into him. "Shit. You need to behave Diane." JC warns me, his tone slightly softer as he grips my arms tightly, pushing me away so I can't hit him anymore. That's when I resort to my free leg, swinging it forward until it makes contact with his thigh.

"Ouch!" JC wails in pain, letting go his hold on me.

Before I can even regain my balance, I feel a harsh smack across my cheek, the pain shooting through my jaw and down my neck.

Gasping, I glare at him in pure detest, gripping the side of my face tightly. Yanking my leg forward, I fight against the chain that's holding me in place before JC groans loudly, shoving me back down unto the hard wooden floor. "Now look what you made me do Diane! Shit! That's going to leave a fucking bruise. That's not good. Why did you have to be such a bitch!?" He grunts coarsely, dropping to his knees and straddling my waist.

My eyes instantly widen when I see him dip his hands into his black jacket pocket. "No...no stop!" Is all I manage to force out before his free hand finds my neck, gripping me in a chokehold.

"Just shut the fuck up Diane. I don't have time to tie you up so this will have to do..." JC barks.

And that's when I see it - sharp, pointy and squirting out a clear liquid.

It's a syringe.

Writhing underneath him, I bring my hands up and claw at his arms hearing him release a hiss, but he still keeps his death grip on me as my legs twist and kick beneath him.

"Fuck, you shouldn't have this much energy with the first dose I gave you. But, that's about to change." He snickers.

Then I feel a sharp piercing pain on my side causing my body to jerk in shock.

He....he just injected me with something. Dear god, why did he...why is he...doing this?

My entire form suddenly goes rigid before a rush of tiredness takes over. My legs and arms fall limp on the floor and it's not long before my heartbeat significantly slows down as everything seems to be moving in slow motion.

Getting up off me, I can still see JC's tall form hovering over me as I lay on the floor, my mind hazed as my vision begins failing again to the point of me being knocked unconscious. Blinking rapidly, I snivel in trepidation of the unknown fate that awaits me.

"There we go, now that's much better. When you wake up, everything will be over so don't worry ok? I'll make sure they give you the best treatment possible and don't worry about Justin; I'll see to it that he pays for everything he put you through. I won't hurt Courtney ok Diane? She has Rachel so she'll be fine. Now get some rest, you'll need your energy..." JC explains and his voice sounds octaves lower to me. He bends down to lift up my half-conscious form and I hear the chain attached to my ankle make a clinging noise as he places me to lay down on what I'm guessing is a bed.

When he moves away to leave, I fight to stay awake long enough to get out my last thought before I pass out. "Wha...wha...what...d-did...yo...you give me?" I stutter terribly and my tongue feels pounds heavier.

His footsteps stop abruptly but I can't see him because my eyes are shut and I just feel so lifeless...

Sighing, he clears his throat loudly before I hear the door being opened.

"I gave you GHB." And with that said, I hear the loud bang of the door being slammed indicating I'm alone again.

Wait, that's...that's a "date rape" drug isn't it? Justin had us all educated on these types of things in the business...and just god! I can't fully concentrate right now.

I'm so tired....tired of fighting this. I just...god please let Justin find me before it's too late.

Sobbing lightly, I curl myself into a fetal position as the drug begins to take effect, shutting down all my conscious processes.

It's not long before the drowsiness engulfs me completely and I give in, allowing myself to be knocked unconscious into a dreamless sleep...

 

The End Result(s) - Part 2 by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 12 - The End Result(s) - Part 2

JC's Estate Grounds...

 

"Sometimes, love can cost us the very person we care about the most. In the end, it is better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all. Only, that isn't always true..." - Unknown

 

It's too quiet.

Justin knows something isn't right and that JC made the ground of the lavish estate to be that way. His eyes flit across the many trees, trimmed bushes and freshly manicured lawn. Sighing, he grips his gun tightly before pushing Grant forward to walk as all four men make their way up the steps of the mansion towards the front door. They're walking into a trap, he can sense it. But, this needs to be done.

"Justin this isn't right, we...we should have brought backup." Jacob voices, his piece clutched tightly in his palms as his eyes scan the estate grounds thoroughly.

"Yeah man, we could get sniped or something." Ronnie adds in, his hands shaky.

Groaning in annoyance, Justin walks up to the front door, putting Grant under Jacob's watch so his task at hand can have his full attention. Pausing briefly, he turns around to face his two weary friends with a scowl on his face. Bringing his hand up to scratch at his stubble, he simply shrugs uncaringly. He's a man on a mission and he won't stop until he gets Diane to safety or all the air is pulled right out of his lungs. "Look, I know Josh. He's in there now with Diane waiting for us." Justin assures but his friends hold skeptic stares.

"JC isn't that stupid. Besides, what if you're wrong?" Ronnie suggests and Justin just smirks.

"Then I'll improvise." Justin shrugs.

"You're being careless Justin. Are you forgetting that you have a little girl who needs you?" Jacob scolds causing Justin to flinch mere millimeters away from the door knob.

Bowing his head, flashes of Courtney shoot through his mind and as if on cue flashes of his past with Ashley and Simone engulf him. Consumed by sudden anger, Justin shakes his thoughts away, gripping the door knob and twisting it roughly, not surprised that it's unlocked. JC's definitely waiting for them or more him. He's aware of this, but, he won't have a replay of his past. "Don't worry about it Jacob."

"You're so stupid. You're walking right into a trap." Grant wheezes as his breathing is still not fully balanced out.

"Thanks for the input Grant." Justin chides, never turning around to acknowledge him because he already knows this.

Pushing the front door open, all four men remain in the doorway on the platform gazing in, hesitant and a little terrified of the fate that might await them. All except Justin that is. Doing a brief scan of his surroundings, Justin easily struts in, instructing Jacob and Ronnie to follow.

In a few seconds flat, all men are standing in the threshold of JC's mansion with the door slamming shut behind them.

 

 

Without a second thought, Justin points his gun out protectively in front of him as he looks around for any sign of life. When he finds none, he rolls his eyes, knowing that JC must have every intention of trying to talk him into trading Diane as a last resort before he whips out whatever plan he's concocted for them.

"This is ridiculous." Justin mutters as he takes in the spacious mansion filled with everything expensive and plush. Feeling the adrenaline coursing through his veins, his head snaps in the direction of the staircase when a loud thud sounds from somewhere upstairs. The noise is sharp and echoes off the walls of the silent mansion.

"Wow, what the fuck was that?" Ronnie belts.

"I don't know. But I'm going to find out." Justin whispers back, his eyes never once leaving those stairs. Unfortunately, the moment he makes a step towards his target destination, he stops abruptly when a figure comes sprinting down the stairway, a slightly shocked expression on their face when they notice that there are people in their midst.

Stopping in the middle of the stairway, JC's blues darken immensely and his eyes narrow at the four men still standing in the threshold of his place. "Well, well, well...I've been expecting you Justin." JC smiles deviously with his gun dangling in his fingertips.

Pointing his gun in JC's direction, Justin fires a shot, missing JC's head by mere centimeters, the bullet sailing by and piercing the wall behind him. The loud sound of the shot causes Grant to jump in astonishment as Justin's two friends look on intently.

"Wow! What the fuck!" JC screams out, ducking behind the banister of the stairs with his gun now pointed at Justin in defense.

"You son of a bitch! You're lucky I intended to miss. Where the fuck is she?" Justin snaps as he walks towards JC with a fiery glow in his eyes.

"Are you fucking insane Justin?" JC belts furiously before he straightens his posture with his aim on Justin as Justin keeps his gun pointed at JC.

Walking to the bottom of the stairs, Justin looks up at JC, wondering if he should just shoot him and get it over with; but first he needs to find out where Diane is located and what JC did to her. "Where is she Josh? I'm not playing with you..." And another shot goes off, this one bouncing off the step near JC's feet.

"You fucking asshole!" JC belts, nearly falling over in shock. Pulling back the safety on his gun, he takes a few steps back, climbing the stairs backwards as Justin takes a step up. "So this is how you want to play huh?" JC smirks, his fear slowly dissipating because he knows Justin won't do anything to him until he knows if Diane is safe.

"I fucking swear Josh. The next time, I won't miss." Justin growls angrily, climbing the stairs towards JC, his advances slow and cautious.

"You won't shoot me." JC spits out confidently.

"I can try my chances that Diane is still in this fucking mansion and blow your brains out. Don't test me Joshua." Justin hisses, trying to keep his cool for the most part.

As both men continue to climb the stairs to the second floor, Justin remembers that his two friends are watching over Grant. "Ron, Jacob, keep an eye on Grant. If he tries anything...take him out." Justin instructs with his back to his peers as he continues to climb the stairs towards JC who's backing up.

Both men's eyes remain locked on each other as they finally make it unto the platform of the second floor, the hallway decked out with endless doors on either side.

"But Justin..." Ronnie calls out, but Jacob silences him and instructs Grant to move.

 

 

"Shouldn't we do a trade Justin? I'll give you Diane for Grant." JC smiles vindictively, but Justin simply shakes his head in protest.

"I'm not taking part in any of your fucking trades...now where is she, because I feel trigger happy and I have no problem emptying my barrel on you."

"Ok, ok, calm down. She's here. Let me...look, put down the gun Justin. I can't talk to you with that thing pointed at my face." JC instructs.

"No fucking way man..." Justin retorts.

"Look! I'm putting mine away. I still think we can make this work and come to some sort of agreement here. There's no need for violence." Lifting his hands in defeat, JC shows Justin that he's putting his gun away by tucking it into the waistband of his jeans then fixing his jacket.

Frowning in perplexity, Justin cocks his head to the side, wondering why JC is so calm and not fearing for his safety. Something isn't right...something is very wrong here. Justin gets the feeling in the pit of his stomach that maybe Jacob is right, maybe they should have brought backup. This is beginning to look more and more like a set up.

"What are you up to Josh?" Justin inquires, his grip on his gun tightening when JC reaches into his pocket and pulls out a set of keys.

"Relax I'm going to bring you to her. Just, follow me." JC instructs before he whips around and ambles down the hallway with Justin close behind.

Glaring at JC's back, Justin's brows twitch in confusion. Doesn't JC know that he can just shoot him right now and he wouldn't see it coming? What the fuck is this? Glancing around the hallway, Justin does a double take when he hears one of the doors they just passed squeak, but, his attention is easily swayed when JC uses the same set of keys he pulled out and sticks one into one of the locks, twisting it to unlock the door before he turns the knob and pushes the door open to reveal a large, spacious bedroom.

Walking up next to JC, Justin's hand drops to his side as terror fills his blues by the sight in front of him. Looking into the room which is only furnished with a large king sized bed, a carpet and a dresser, his eyes land on what seems to be a lifeless Diane, twisted into a fetal position on the bed, her body barely rising with each shallow breath she takes.

Blinking rapidly, Justin remains solid in place, his mind riling with uncertainly and fear. Is she even alive? Dear god...

He can slowly feel his common sense and rational thoughts shutting down as a wave of emotions take over, the strongest one identifying itself as a sharp pain when his heart starts cracking inside of his chest, threatening to shatter into a million pieces.

 

 

He's so lost in the sight of her that he doesn't realize that a gun is being shoved into his lower back until he's nudged forward to move. Tensing, Justin looks over at JC who gives him a shrug before he hears another figure behind him, instructing him to walk into the room.

Keeping his gaze on JC, Justin simply drops his gun to the floor as the unidentified stranger pushes him up against the wall and begins searching him, finding his other hidden gun, disarming him in a flash.

Still in a dazed state, Justin completely forgets about the people around him as his eyes remain glued to Diane's form. This...this wasn't supposed to happen. This is his fault.

A sudden wave of nausea takes over, causing Justin to hunch forward as he swallows hard. "Oh god." He heaves as memories of his past begin flooding his mind, blinding his vision and thought processes. "What did you do to her?" Justin whispers, taking a step towards the bed, but stopping short when he hears JC's low, sharp tone.

"Did you really think I'd let you come in here and be waiting for you alone? How stupid do you think I am?" JC chortles and that easily snaps Justin back to reality, the nature of his situation magnifying ten times over when he turns around to face his ex friend who's now accompanied by two big dark men, both holding guns aimed in Justin's direction from the doorway. When did they get here? What's happening? He can't seem to make sense of anything with his mind solely focusing on Diane and her condition.

Justin has been expecting this. He's aware that he could never walk out of here with Diane that easily. What JC doesn't know is that he's always prepared for the worse, and right now, he'd be willing to die for the cause as long as JC dies too. Oh, he's not the only one who came here prepared. But, JC doesn't need to know any of that. So, Justin is just going to let everything unfold around them. He knows that what he's planned could easily end his life as well and he'd never get to build the life he's always wanted with Diane, but desperate times call for desperate measures and it's a risk he's willing to take.

Ignoring the two bulky men standing next to JC, Justin narrows his eyes at the smirking man, his breathing instantly picking up as rage begins bubbling in his system.

"What did you do to her Josh?" Justin demands in a sharp, hushed tone.

"She's fine."

"What did you fucking give her!?" Taking a step towards Josh, Justin stops abruptly when one of the men raises his gun in the air, pulling back the safety on the device.

Bowing his head, he sighs loudly when JC doesn't respond before he finally lifts his head up to glare at him, his eyes filled with detest. "You think you're the only one who has shit thought out and planned out Josh?" Justin snaps, a sly smile spreading across his lips. "You go ahead my friend, you eat your cake. You shoot me if you have to, but know that you're not living this house alive..." Justin threatens, causing JC to frown in bewilderment, a flash of panic spreading across his features before he hides it.

"What did you do?" JC asks angrily, but Justin just jeers at him, his mind warped as his deranged nature slowly takes over.

Giving JC a pitiful stare, Justin ignores him and moves over to Diane, but pauses briefly when he hears loud screams from somewhere downstairs, followed by a mass of gunshots...

"Shit I told them to wait for my signal!" JC's eyes widen as his face turns pale. "This is not...this is all wrong!" He growls angrily, and Justin's thoughts travel to his friends. He knows they can take care of themselves but if they're outnumbered, there's not much that they can do.

Diverting his attention back to Justin, JC groans in annoyance. "Why are you making this so easy for me Justin? You've completely let your guard down. Do you even care?" JC inquires when Justin turns his back to him and walks over to Diane.

"I'm sure it looks that way Josh." Justin states before he drifts off. Taking a seat at the edge of the bed, he glares at Diane, afraid to touch her for fear that he might break her. "JC," Justin whispers, causing the older man to cock his head to the side interestingly. "What did you do to her?" Justin asks calmly this time, his eyes scanning over the part of Diane's face that's exposed, landing on the fresh bruise on her cheek. Feeling his breath hitch in his throat, Justin swallows harshly as his eye squint, zooming in on the black and blue mark. Frowning, he leans forward, his fingers lightly tracing a pattern over the mark as he breathes deeply, his eyes glazing over. She doesn't even flinch.

"I...what does it matter?" JC growls.

Snapping his head in JC's direction, Justin rolls his eyes before giving JC a death glare that startles the older man. "What did you give her?" Justin grunts, his voice low and taunting.

"GHB...why?" JC swallows, his eyes darting around the room. Justin is not one to just back down like this. What is he up to? Well, JC is sure that whatever it is, Justin will forget about it when he sees the little surprise that JC has waiting to show him.

"You gave her what now? Do you know that stuff is lethal and can kill her?!" Justin hisses as he stands to his feet, balling his fists and trying to calm his nerves. It's three against one now, but he planned to be here like this, as sick and as twisted as it sounds, he has a plan. Him shooting up the place isn't going to help his situation so he had to give in and make himself vulnerable if only for a few. But JC is pushing his buttons. Right now, Justin doesn't even want to shoot JC anymore. Oh no, he wants to feel his hands on JC's neck, snapping it like a twig as JC's life is ripped away from him leaving him lifeless. He can't believe he put his hands on Diane. That was the biggest mistake JC could ever make.

Feeling a slight twitch in his eyes, Justin blinks rapidly to clear his vision, his fury literally blurring his vision as his mind remains hazed.

"Look Justin, I don't expect you to understand how serious this is because it's not your ass on the line if you don't deliver. But, the way I see it, since you fucked me over after everything we've been through, everything I did for you, it's only fair that I take my payment which in this case would be Diane." JC arches a brow when Justin simply glowers at him with no emotion present in his features. "Now you wanted to know if she was ok, here she is. You can stay there with her too while I go handle some shit. I have someone I want you to meet as well. I'll be back shortly." And with that said, JC moves to exit with his two gruff friends, instructing them to guard the door from the outside to make sure that Justin doesn't try anything stupid.

 

 

When the door slams shut, leaving Justin alone with Diane, he finally caves, allowing his composure to break. "Shit..." he heaves, with his palms covering his face as his elbows rest tentatively on his thighs to support his weight. "God..." He's not supposed to be like this. He should not show weakness, but, he can't help it. She's just lying there, barely breathing and probably overdosed on GHB which could put her into a coma or kill her. "This is my fucking fault." Justin whispers as his tears begin rushing to the surface. Fighting them away, he sniffles loudly before wiping at his nose and then eyes when a few tear droplets escape. No, he won't do this. He won't give in. He, he vowed to get them out of here and that's exactly what he's going to do.

Luckily for him, those men who searched him didn't find his knife or cell he tucked away in the socks of his shoes. Rooting out one of his shoes, he pulls out his cell phone, quickly switching it on before he hits speed dial, placing the device to his ear. Casting his vision in Diane's direction, he sighs tiredly as he strokes her long brown locks affectionately. "You'll be ok Di. You have to be. We'll get through this. I'm here now..." Justin whispers before leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead. That simple gesture makes her stir but she ceases all movement soon after.

Feeling his heart skip a beat, Justin jumps slightly when a voice finally picks up over the line. "This better be a good one." Comes that annoying voice that Justin has grown to hate.

"I'm not liking this either. You're not exactly on my favorite persons list with your bitchy nosey ass self Edwina." Justin stresses her name, hearing her laugh over the line.

"Ok Justin, I'm sorry. Are you at your destination yet?" She inquires and Justin gazes around the room in detest.

"Yeah." He mutters, mentally cursing himself for ever getting in contact with her. But, Justin isn't stupid.

He knew there was no way he and his men would get out of here alive without help. So, against his will and better judgment he contacted the one reporter who he despised with every fiber of his being. He knew she would never back down because this must be the story of the century she's been waiting to land and make her career. So, when they showed up at his estate grounds Justin did the unthinkable and pulled her to the side, informing her on his plans and the biggest story that would shake Las Vegas into a frenzy.

"Justin, I know you hate me, but you seem to be trying to do right here. You do know that the information you sent to us on Joshua Chasez and Grant Woods could all blow up in your face and uncover any secrets you may hold as well." Edwina reasons, hearing Justin groan over the line.

"I'm aware. Just get to the address I gave you with your fucking news trucks and the feds ok?"

Hearing the anguish in Justin's voice silences Edwina for a few seconds before she voices her next thought. "Are....are you ok? Is...is she..."

"What do you think!?" Justin snaps, but lowers his tone when he hears banging on the door and a muffled ‘keep it down in there'.

"We're on our way." Edwina assures.

"Wait you mean..."

"Ten minutes and we're there and this place is going to be swarming with law enforcement officers and news trucks. I hope you're ready for this Justin." Edwina states and Justin instantly feels a headache coming on. The feds and reporters? Shit...what was he thinking? Well, there is no turning back now.

"Fine." And with that said he hangs up the phone and stuffs it back into the groove of his sock and shoe before he pulls out his knife and tucks it away in the waistband of his jeans.

"Shit...I would just bomb the fucking place but you...you're here." Justin sighs while looking over at Diane again. "Di you seriously need to wake up." He croaks, standing on his feet to hover over her. Stretching his hands out to touch her, Justin pushes her back by the shoulder until she's laying flat on her back. Lifting the upper half of her body, he slides under to take a seat before cradling her in his arms as he pushes back some loose strands of hair. He doesn't miss the chain attached to her ankle when he does this and instantly scowls. Placing her back to lie down, Justin whips out his knife and moves over to her ankle, looking at the lock before he begins working on it with his knife to pick it. In no time flat, he has the lock undone and works to yank the chain from around her leg, watching the mark it leaves behind on her skin.

Straightening his posture, his head darts over to the door when he hears another set of gunshots go off. They seem closer than the last set. Shaking his head, he walks back over to Diane and pulls her to lie on his lap again, her being his main concern right now.

"Di?" Justin whispers as his emotions take the best of him again. Scratching at his black t-shirt clad chest, he inhales deeply as visions of Ashley and Simone float through his mind. "Di hey, baby you need to wake up." Justin taps the side of her face softly, scanning her features and storing every inch and groove of her in his memory. "Baby please..." Justin pleads as a few tears escape from his eyes again and land on her blue dress. "I'm so sorry, Courtney needs you Di." Justin voices, still trying to make her come through. "I...I need you." Justin whispers softly. "God, I'm so, so sorry Di, for everything. I love you...you have to wake up." He begs before he leans down to kiss her nose lightly. Jerking his head back when he sees her stir, Justin's eyes widen when she begins squirming in his hold. "Diane?"

Moaning lightly, Diane continues to squirm, her eyes still shut tight as her breathing picks up.

 

 

Before Justin can nudge her again, the door to the room swings open to reveal a very pissed off JC with his two bodyguard-type friends followed by Jacob and Ronnie being shoved into the room with Grant and another man in tow.

Giving his friends apologetic stares they just shrug in response before coming over to him.

"Hey man how is she doing?" Jacob voices, his shirt crimson red with blood.

"She's out cold. Shit J, that's not your blood is it?" Justin asks frantically.

"Na man, we took out JC's boys before he came down and stopped us." Jacob explains. "Wondering why he left us alive though, but I'm not one to complain." Jacob shrugs uncaringly before posting up on the side of the wall with Ronnie, who's visibly trembling at his side.

"You ok Ron?" Justin whispers to the terrified man, receiving a nod from the younger lad.

"They won't be for long Justin..." Snapping his head up at the sound of a low gruff voice, Justin locks eyes with an aging man with piercing brown eyes and dark black hair wearing a tailored suit.

"And who the fuck are you?" Justin snaps, tightening his hold on Diane, her head resting against his chest as she twitches ever so often but still seems to be unconscious.

"That's not important Justin. The point is, I know who you are and about your past. The deal is, if you want your boys alive, you will hand Diane over to us and let us leave here with her without causing a scene." The man explains in a thick Spanish accent with a sly smile.

Who is this fucker? He must be crazy to think that Justin is just going to hand Diane over to them like this. She's not some trophy to be won or some inanimate object that they can do with what they please.

"You're a sick fuck." Justin shakes his head sadly, eyeing his two friends who seem to be focused on the same man as well.

"Justin don't make this difficult. I'm willing to walk out of here and let you go if you just agree to give Diane to us. That means you do not interfere with our affairs or try to come looking for her to get her back." JC explains, and Justin easily puts Diane to lie down so he can stand.

"Josh, I meant what I said when I told you no the first time."

"Then we have no choice, we'll just take her from you." The same stranger sneers angrily.

"Who is this asshole JC?" Justin inquires, pointing to the man standing next to JC and ignoring their death stares.

"He, he's uh..." Stuttering over his words, JC rubs the back of his neck before walking over to Justin in a hushed tone. "Look Justin, that's not important. Just know that he's the dealer we've been doing business with and..." But Justin cuts him off.

"This asshole is the one behind all of this?" Justin hisses angrily, itching to just stretch over and grab JC in a chokehold.

"Yes, but you don't understand Justin's he's..."

"JC let me cure his curiosity." Placing a hand on JC's shoulder, the same man nudges him to step aside so he can speak with Justin himself as JC's two other goons remain stationed in place like bodyguards. "Now Justin, I think it's only fair, that you repay me for my loss. You took away someone I loved dearly so it's only fair that I return the favor. Now we're taking Diane whether you like it or not. If you're going to make this difficult, we can simply kill you now and get this over with."

"Wait, hold up, none of this makes any fucking sense." Justin belts.

"Do you remember Antonio Justin?" The man continues but Justin furrows his brows, not following until...

"He worked as the pool boy on your father's estate!" The man says impatiently and it's then that realization clicks.

"Wait, what's it to you..."

"He was my son Justin! You killed my only son." The man spits out furiously and it doesn't take long for Justin to put two and two together.

As his eyes grow wide with shock, Justin's heartbeat instantly increases when he locks eyes with the elderly man, a wave of hatred and fear washing over him. "You...you're...F...Franco?" Justin stutters, taking a step back in shock.

Franco nods his head in response and Justin begins mumbling obscenities under his breath in utter astonishment. "No, no you're dead. You..."

"You'd like to think that. They thought I was dead when they ambushed my estate all those years ago but I survived Justin. It was good for me though because I could lay low, but, I have been following your career all these years, just waiting for the opportune time to make you experience the pain I felt when you took my son's life all those years ago. You remember that day don't you Justin? I knew it was you...there was no doubt in my mind." Franco voices, causing the rage in Justin's system to boil over, and he finally snaps, not able to contain himself any longer.

"Son of a bitch, it's your fault my father is dead! It's your fucking fault!" Justin shouts before he lunges at Franco, but Franco easily pulls out his piece, stunting Justin's advancements.

"I've been waiting too long for this Timberlake. You deserve the same fate your father experienced. You're worthless."

"So help me god, you better shoot me Franco, you better fucking do it now! Else I'm going to kill you. I swear I'm going to fucking kill you." Justin heaves, gasping for air as his nostrils begin to flare with each step he takes towards Franco, his blues penetrating the Spanish man.

"Justin...Justin calm down." JC tries to reason but Justin is far gone now and only a bullet can stop him at this point. "Justin! Don't, don't make me do this." Pointing his gun in Justin's direction, JC pleads with his once friend to reconsider.

"So, this is it huh Josh? After everything, you go and betray me in the worse possible way?" Justin asks angrily. "What did he pay you off all those years ago too?" He snaps.

"No, no...I swear to you man. He found me, and he threatened to kill me if I didn't help him to get Diane for his trading shipments. What the fuck was I supposed to do!?"

"You could have done the right thing for once Josh instead of worrying about your fucking behind." Justin retorts, his hatred for JC evident in his glare.

"Stop Justin, stop walking else I'll shoot." JC warns as Justin diverts his attention back to Franco who's smirking at him before he puts away his piece. There are three other guns on Justin now. There is no way he's going to get to him. He'll drop dead before that happens.

"Then fucking do it JC, because I'm going to kill this motherfucker!" Justin belts before lunging at Franco.

 

 

"Justin! Fuck!" JC screams out before gunshots begin going off around them.

And just like that, everyone's world is flipped upside down as what's going on takes place so suddenly, it turns into one big blur.

Justin can hear endless shouting and screaming around him, but he sees nothing except red and the initial drive to keep going...

But then another gunshot goes off, this one louder than all the rest and he thinks about the kind of danger Diane is in, just laying there on that bed.

Freezing solid in place, Justin's eyes grow wide with fear as he remains paralyzed, the sight in front of him rendering him speechless. Shutting his eyes tightly, he opens them again and stumbles forward when he hears JC screaming out...

Then his blues connect to Franco's browns, the evil glare in his enemy's eyes replaced with fear before Justin sees him falling in slow motion to his knees...and just like that he's brought back to reality for the second time since he's been here.

"Holy shit!" Justin jumps back in shock when he notices JC's two large associates drop to the ground like flies, their blood squirting out and coating their shirts as they now lay lifeless on the floor. Shaking his head in shock, Justin looks at Franco who seems to be down as well, but still alive, groaning in pain with blood seeping through his shirt on his side. Then another shot goes off and just like that, Grant falls down as well.

"Wha....what's happening?" Justin inquires, hearing Jacob and Ronnie screaming out to him. Glancing over at JC, Justin frowns when he sees that JC is still standing, shock written all over his face as his gun drops from his hand. Whipping around, Justin notices that Diane is no longer lying on the bed but cradled in Ronnie's arms, his body acting as a shield to protect her from any stray bullets.

"Oh my god...what..." JC's cries are cut short when Justin's attention is diverted back to him. But, that doesn't last long when Justin hears his name being hummed by another individual.

Casting his vision to the doorway, he gasps when he sees who took all those men out unexpectedly. "Ra...Rachel!" Justin all but screams out as her eyes dart in his direction for a split second, her aim dead set on JC who's looking between her, and the four men laying on his bedroom floor. "Oh my fucking god, Rachel are you insane!?" Justin cries out, stepping over the bodies and rushing up to her. Stopping briefly, he gazes at her trembling form before his lips twitch into a light smile. "What are you doing here Rachel?"

"Don't move JC!" Jacob calls out, causing both Justin and Rachel to look over at JC.

Justin's not sure when Jacob regained control of the situation, but he's now pointing a gun at a baffled JC. It all happened so quickly even Justin is a little lost. He wasn't expecting this outcome that's for sure.

"Are they dead? Did I kill them?" Rachel finally speaks, her voice weak and shaky.

"Give me the gun Rach." Justin instructs before he carefully rips it out of her fingers. Giving her one last glance, he sighs audibly. "I don't know how you did it, but I love you Rach and thank you."

Nodding rapidly, her trembling hands drop to her side as she leans against the doorframe to support her body weight.

Looking over at JC, Justin shakes his head sadly. "I didn't plan this." Justin says lightly, his smile never leaving his lips. "But this works out so much better."

"Justin, look man we can...we can come to some sort of agreement here." JC pleads, dropping to his knees.

Thinking about how pathetic JC is, Justin brushes him off before he walks around the room towards Grant who's lying next to Franco. Justin would have thought about sparing Grant's life if he didn't think he was going to try and take him out the first chance he got. No, this was the end. It was him or them and that wasn't a tuff decision to make.

"Grant." Justin says coldly, watching how the gasping man glares at him, gripping his wounded shoulder. Hovering, Justin shakes his head sadly before he pulls back the safety on the gun that Rachel used and points it towards Grant's head.

"Justin...please." Grant begs, his voice faint and barely audible.

"I'm sorry but, I don't want to be looking over my back for the rest of my life because of you." Justin simply states, his eyes twinkling. He's long lost his control and the fact that his temper has boiled over to a calm signifies just how unstable he really is. He's thirsty for blood, revenge and clearing this mess up once and for all. There is nothing that can change his mind now. It's too late for all of them. When Grant opens his mouth to speak again, Justin turns his head away and presses down on the trigger, hearing the gun go off before Grant falls lifelessly unto the floor, the screams of JC filling the room.

Ignoring JC, Justin simply glares at him when he makes a move towards him but Jacob blocks his path.

"You fucking son of a bitch! I told you Justin! You're no better than us. You're a coldblooded murderer! How can Diane ever want that in her life!" JC screams, trying to get past Jacob but to no avail.

Absorbing JC's words, Justin puffs out his chest and puts on his hardcore ruthless face as he walks over to Franco who's still on the floor, sputtering blood silently.

"I bet you never thought it would come to this huh Franco?" Justin growls, still having a hard time accepting the older man's presence. It will be over soon so...

"Go ahead Timberlake. Pull the trigger. You've wanted this for most of your life am I right? To avenge your father's death?" Franco hisses, coughing slightly before he continues. "Then go ahead and do it. It's not going to bring your old man back." He spits out, laying on the floor in his own pool of blood.

Lifting the gun towards Franco's chest where his heart is situated, Justin inhales sharply, itching to pull the trigger but...something stops him, causing his hands to drop to his side and he takes a step back.

"No." Justin voices, shocking everyone in the room. "I'm not you Franco. There are fates a lot worse than death." Justin implies. "You and I both know the feds have enough dirt on you now that not even the best lawyer can get you out of. Your fate is life in prison without parole Franco. Maybe even the death sentence, who knows. I do know, killing you would be too easy. But, you can stay alive and miss your kid just like I miss my dad. Let that haunt you, that I was the one who put that bullet through Antonio's skull." Wiping at his face, Justin walks away from Franco's form, figuring if he dies here from his already bullet wound it wouldn't matter. The point is he didn't pull the trigger.

Shock is written all over Franco's face, but he winces in pain when he tries to move.

"Big mistake Justin. Even if I'm inside, I can easily send my men to take you out." Franco threatens, but Justin simply laughs at him.

"Franco, I highly doubt it, since all your men are already dead." Justin informs, stunning the injured man into silence. "You think that just because you were supposedly dead all those years ago, I'd leave them alive? No man, I took them out one by one. You were in hiding and I'm sure you had no contact with them, so you didn't know. Now you know."

Then Franco lets out a harsh scream, calling out to Justin, challenging him to come back and face him like a man, but, Justin has other things on his mind.

 

 

Glancing over at Ronnie who has Diane in his arms still, he sighs. "How is she Ron?" Justin inquires.

"Still unconscious. We need to get her to a hospital J." Ronnie voices.

"Justin we need to go." Jacob adds in, gripping JC in a chokehold with his gun pointed at his temple to make sure he doesn't budge.

"Yeah, you're right Jac, because the media and cops are on the way." Justin replies nonchalantly.

"What!?" Both Ronnie and Jacob shout in unison.

"Sorry, but I told you I had a plan."

"But this Justin? There are bodies all over the fucking place." Jacob hisses angrily.

"I didn't say it was a good plan Jacob." Justin spits out in aggravation. "Let JC go Jac."

"You have to take him out. This will never be over if you don't take him out." Ronnie suggests, but Justin shakes his head no, locking eyes with JC. He's still lost as to how things took this turn so unexpectedly and suddenly because of Rachel but he has to say that he's grateful.

"It's over. Isn't it JC?" Justin asks the terrified man.

JC shakes his head rapidly and, Justin shrugs uncaringly before he motions for Ronnie to carry Diane out of the room. "We're living..." Justin inquires before his friends move around the room to exit.

Looking at the gun in his palms, Justin wipes away any traces of Rachel's fingerprints and replaces it with his own before he tucks it into his waistband. He would never let his cousin take the fall for this. Walking over to JC, Justin ushers him to take a seat on the bed then grabs the same chain that was around Diane's ankle, attaching it to JC's ankle instead. Moving back, he dips his hand in JC's pocket, retrieving his bunch of keys before he takes a step away.

JC is so dazed right now, that all he can really do is blink slowly and take in deep breaths. It's all over. Everything he worked so hard for is over. He can't go to jail. He'll never survive jail. He'd rather die than endure a life sentence...

No, he can't do it! He won't go to jail! He won't. As his breathing picks up, JC gasps slightly before his vision begins clouding over with unshed tears. Stifling his cries, he drops his head in his palms, heaving.

Rolling his eyes at JC's obvious breakdown, Justin walks away from him and towards the exit, giving Franco who seems to be losing consciousness one last glance.

"And JC." Justin looks over at him standing in the middle of the room with all the dead bodies around him. "Remember to smile for the camera when the media arrives. You too Franco." Justin chuckles before moving to exit the room with his friends in tow.

Escorting Ronnie who's carrying Diane, Jacob and Rachel out of the room, Justin stops abruptly when JC calls out to him.

Turning around to face the older man for the last time, Justin's eyes grow wide when he sees that JC is pointing a gun directly at him. Shit, he should have checked him to see if he was carrying a piece. Smirking, Justin folds his arms across his chest. "You're going to shoot me JC? After I spared your life? I didn't even lay a finger on you like I wanted to and you're going to take me out now?" Justin inquires, feeling his heartbeat speed up. Gasping, Rachel moves to block Justin's path but Jacob stops her before pointing his gun at JC and screaming for him to put down his piece.

"You destroyed me Justin. Everything I worked so hard for! Everything! You don't understand. If I don't deliver Diane then it's...it's all over. Franco's partners won't be pleased!" JC sobs, his tears rapidly falling as he keeps his aim on Justin.

"How much was Diane going for JC?" Justin asks calmly, though he can feel the cold sweat because by the crazy look in JC's eyes, Justin is pretty sure he's about to pull that trigger.

"Six point eight million Justin! I'm fucked!" JC screams out fiercely. "I'm sorry Justin. You were a good friend. I'm sorry it all came to this." JC apologizes before pulling back the safety of the gun.

"JC! Put it down man!" Jacob continues to scream. "Don't make me take you out man."

"Don't bother." JC replies, suddenly switching his aim from Justin to his own self.

And just like that, in the blink of an eye and clearly unexpected, he pulls the trigger with the gun against his temple, the bullet immediately piercing his skull causing him to fall limp unto the mattress of the bed.

"Oh my god!" Rachel screams out, falling into Justin's embrace. Watching in horror, Justin stumbles back in shock, his eyes burning from what he just witnessed. Sure he wanted to kill JC at first but the aspect of being locked behind bars seemed more suitable. Besides, Justin could never go through with it. JC was once his friend and he wanted to remember the good part of their friendship. But this? This was unbelievable. He never would have known JC to be so desperate to take his own life like this!

"jesus...holy shit." Justin gasps, still staring at a lifeless JC, the gun falling from his hand unto the floor making a loud noise. He suddenly feels the urge to hurl. Justin moves to walk towards JC's bloody form, still in a state of shock but, Jacob grips Justin's arm roughly, pulling him back and out of the room.

"Jay, jay snap out of it! He did us a favor man, we couldn't stop it, and we didn't see it coming." Jacob tries to assure Justin, but Justin just shakes his head still in disbelief.

"Oh my god." Justin mutters, hugging Rachel against his chest tightly.

"Dude! The fucking cops! We need to leave...now!" Ronnie belts before dashing down the hallway towards the stairs. "Diane needs a hospital Justin!"

Coming out of his current stupor from the mention of Diane, Justin takes one last glance at JC, the scene in the bedroom looking like a massacre of some kind. Pulling the door shut, Justin looks over at his friends and nods his head before they all sprint for the exit of the mansion to get into their vehicles and off the estate grounds before any news reporters or cops arrive.

Deciding that he will go with Rachel in her car, Justin bids farewell to Ronnie and Jacob for the time and mentions to them that he will meet up with them soon before both vehicles drive out of the estate grounds and disappear down the street in different directions. On their way out of the estate grounds, they hear the faint sounds of sirens in the distance...

Now sitting in the back seat with Diane laying lifeless in his arms, Justin can't help but grip unto her for dear life as he sways back and forth, lulling her to wake up as his tears begin flowing rapidly down his cheeks.

"It's all my fault Rach. She never deserved this." Justin sobs softly.

Looking at him through the review mirror in the driver's seat, Rachel sighs. "Be strong for her Justin. We're almost at the hospital. When we drop her off, we'll head to Hugh's to pick up Courtney ok?"

"God, she has to get through this Rach. She has to see her little girl again." Justin sniffles tremendously but all Rachel can do is watch her cousin and give him her sympathy. She's scared for Diane too. But, there's nothing more they can do except get her the help that she needs.

Glancing through the review mirror and locking eyes with Rachel, Justin sighs tiredly as he cradles Diane against his chest. "I...I love her Rach." He admits weakly. It's something he never thought he could do.

Smiling weakly, she nods her head in acknowledgement. "I know Justin." She inhales deeply before diverting her attention back to the road. "I know."

 

 

****

Las Vegas General Hospital...

 

 

Bursting through the doors of LV General Hospital with Diane in his arms, Justin rushes up to the emergency section with Rachel close behind. Screaming out obscenities, he rushes up to one of the nearby doctors in the hall begging for someone to help them.

"Hey, hey she needs help can you help us?" Justin inquires to the doctor who gives him a once over, noting the blood on Justin's shirt and hands.

Immediately calling out for assistance, it doesn't take long for a few nurses to respond to the doctor's call. When they bring over a bed, Justin places Diane to lie down before the nurses and doctor moves over to attend to her.

"Can you tell me what happened here?" The man whose nametag reads Dr. Armstrong inquires. He has chestnut brown hair with grey streaks and light brown eyes. There's a light beard around his face and he scratches at it lightly as he eyes Justin for a response.

"She...she was uh, overdosed." Justin states, taking a step back and away from the doctor's intense gaze.

Diverting his attention back to Diane, Dr. Armstrong nods in agreement. "Drugs? What kind?"

"Uh GHB." Justin mutters under his breath, seeing the shocked expression on the doctor's face.

"What?"

"It...she..." But Justin drifts when Diane suddenly begins shaking uncontrollably, her body spasming on top of the bed.

"Nurses code red! This woman is having a seizure! Take her to the ER." Dr. Armstrong calls out, seeing all the nurses frantically work on holding Diane's form down as they attempt to wheel her away.

"I'm sorry sir, but I need to take her into the emergency room and work on her immediately. Do you know how much she took or was given to her?"

Searching the doctor's eyes, Justin shakes his head no, still taking steps back. The man is giving him an accusatory stare like he's the one who did this to her. He can't stay here. He just...he can't be here in this place, where people die. No, no he won't do it. "No, no is Diane going to be ok?" Justin inquires, his heart thumping out of his chest. He can feel his tears rapidly building to the surface, the vision of her shaking uncontrollably burnt into his memory.

"I don't know sir, but you can wait in the waiting room and I'll be back shortly..." But the doctor drifts off when Justin turns his back towards him to leave. "Sir! Sir where are you going? Sir, sir please don't leave. We need information on the patient." Dr. Armstrong calls out, but Justin is already dragging Rachel who was looking on silently out the exit of the brightly illuminated hospital.

"Justin we can't leave..."

"Yes we can. I can't stay here...I can't hear them tell me that she didn't make it Rach. I fucking can't!" Justin screams in a panicked tone as he hauls his cousin over to her car so they can leave.

"You're being irrational Justin! You can't leave!" Rachel belts at him, yanking her arm out of his grasp. Stopping in front of her car, Justin turns to face her with a scowl on his face.

"Give me the keys Rach."

"What? But..."

"Give me the fucking keys Rachel else I swear to god..."

Handing Justin the keys, Rachel takes a step back when he yanks the door on the driver's side open and hops in, slamming it shut and bringing the car to life. Rolling down the window, Justin glares at Rachel through beet red eyes since he's been crying this entire time but was numb to it all. As a few more tears escape his eyes, he bows his head in thought before he locks eyes with her. "I don't know how you found us Rach but I'll let you tell me another time ok? It isn't over yet. The fucking media and cops are going to take me in for questioning. You know this. I can't be here. You...you take care of Di and my little girl ok? You take care of them Rach. I'll be back...soon." Justin voices before he places the car in reverse, backing out of the parking spot.

"Justin no! No don't do this!" Rachel cries out running behind the car to stop him.

"I'll be back Rach, don't worry about it." Justin assures before placing the gear in drive. Ignoring the frantic screams of his cousin to come back, Justin tunes her out before he hits on the accelerator, peeling out of the Hospital's parking lot and onto the busy Las Vegas streets in Nevada where he easily disappears into the Las Vegas traffic and right out of the lives of everyone he loves...

 

End Notes:
It's not over yet... *Just a quick note I forgot to add. I love JC, I really do love that man, the real life JC not the one in the story who is fictional. So, I hope I haven't offended anyone with what happened to his character but just know that it needed to be done and again, it's strictly fiction, I don't own or know him or Justin in any way of course. :) Ok.*
The Aftermath by d_simplicity

 

Chapter 13 - The Aftermath

Six months later...

 

It's been a little over six months since I nearly lost my life and JC nearly sold me to some dealers who I never had the chance of meeting. It's been the same amount of time since I last spoke to Justin or heard his voice. I'm not going to lie, these past few months have been hard but my life before I woke up in the hospital with a crying Rachel at my side was harder.

I never knew what life would be like without Justin in it, and now that I've gotten a taste of it, I hate it. I actually hate the freedom because despite everything I ever went through with him, I felt freer then than I do now. It's hard to explain, but with Justin, I always had an outlet for my emotions. Now that he's gone, I feel like I'm suffocating and the walls are closing in on me, because I have to keep everything inside considering he's not around for me to let anything out. Maybe that's weird but I don't care.

What I do care about is to know what happened all those months ago on JC's estate. I mean, I woke up about three weeks later to a completely different life. There was Rachel holding my hand as tight as ever with tears streaming down her soft cheeks and my baby girl sitting in her lap. There were law officials swarming outside of my hospital bedroom and the first thing that came to mind was that Justin was either dead or in jail. You could have imagined the anger I felt when I learned that neither was the case and he willingly chose to leave. He left everything behind that day Rachel said he ‘came to my rescue.'

She refused to tell me what happened even up to this day. She stated that it was better I didn't know and the only persons who knew everything that went on was Justin and JC. Unfortunately I learned that JC was dead, and even if he was psychotic it still hurt to know that he lost his life in all of this.

Rachel won't tell me how he died but every time I ask just to try my luck with her, she gets this far, empty look in her eyes like she's reliving the moment or something. I hate being in the dark, but if she says that it's better I don't know, then it's better that I don't know and I'm not going to ask again.

What I do want to know is where Justin disappeared to but no one can tell me that, not even Rachel because according to her, the moment I was in the doctor's care, Justin was storming out of the hospital like some enraged crazy man. I'm thinking his deranged side was alive and well.

I don't understand how he could just up and leave like that. He left his life and his career behind. He left me and his little girl behind.

 

 

Ronnie and Jacob are doing well in filling in while he's not around but how long are they going to be able to do that? I mean, part of Justin's success in this business is the fact that he runs it and he's popular with the crowd. If he's not back soon to regulate things he won't even have an establishment to come back to.

I still don't understand why he left. Rachel won't cooperate except to let me know that he'll be back. I think, the first few weeks I was in the hospital and the month after I kept hoping and believing but half a year later, I'm not so sure anymore. He had no reason to leave. The officers I spoke to assured that he would have only been brought in for questioning and that the same Edwina reporter chick had all the information they needed on JC and Grant who I later found out was dead too. They said Justin was in the clear which I found hard to believe because he has such a colorful past but I guess he's lucky that his past remained that way and didn't catch up to him.

I tried to get information out of the officers on what exactly happened but they claimed it was classified information and I didn't need to worry myself with details. I even tried Ronnie and Jacob but the most I got was that they would be there if I ever needed them. There was one time that Ronnie broke down in front of me and hugged me for dear life as he cried but that was just once and he never allowed that weak side to show again.

So basically, I've been living these last few months in the dark with everyone simply stating that ‘Justin will be back, just give him time.' Give him time? What about me? What about what I went through? I couldn't even remember anything at first. It's like a chunk of my life was missing in my memory that I'll never get back. But he walked out on his family when we needed him the most. How the fuck do I let that pass? There is a big if, that he'll be back. He maybe has a new life now. I wouldn't put it past him because he can still be coldhearted at times.

I don't want to wait years for him with Courtney growing up without her father asking me where he is and I can't give her an answer because I don't know. God this is not fair. It's not fair and I'm so tired of crying myself to sleep at night. I hate it. The other girls haven't even given me shit like they usually do. They actually sympathize with me since they found out what I went through. Some told me they would not have been as courageous as me but really I did nothing. I let JC win. I was a complete coward.

Even Bethany is nicer to me now. She even apologized about two months ago stating that you can't control who your heart belongs to and Justin's heart will always belong to me whether I see it or not. How fucked up is that? It's like...he died or something and everyone was just moping around. I know he can be a heartless asshole but when he's in a good mood he's amazing to be around. His girls...we all miss that. We miss his presence, especially me.

I mean, I've taken it upon myself to sleep in his room on his bed every night since I've been out of the hospital. It's a regular routine for me now. I barely leave the house as it is. I spend most of my time in here with Courtney while the other girls head down to his establishment and continue with their regular shows and seeing clients under Jacob and Ronnie's watch.

I've been a complete mess but I'm not going to change any time soon. Not until Justin comes home. God I hope he comes home...

 

 

There's a knock on the bedroom door and I jump up in shock, gazing at the wooden barrier in awe.

"Yeah?!" I say groggily before sitting up and fixing myself on Justin's king sized bed.

The door creaks open slowly to reveal a smiling Eve.

"Hey girl, how are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm good just...relaxing, about to nap why?" I inquire, trying to hide the fact that I've been crying for the last hour or so nonstop.

"Ok, well Rachel just took Courtney. She said she'll have her back first thing in the morning so you could have a little time to yourself tonight." Eve points out and I nod meekly. Rachel has been a godsend taking care of us and looking after us. Especially when I end up having my breakdowns spontaneously.

"Thanks." I mutter while resituating myself on the bed until my head is resting against the soft pillow.

"He'll be back Diane. Justin won't leave you or Court. Just have faith." She smiles and I shake my head in response, waving her off. I don't need to hear any of that now. How can she say that and no one is sure if he's even still alive? I think I'm going to be sick. "Well ok, we're going to head down for the show tonight so you're in here alone. We'll lock up and put the alarm system on. Try to get some rest ok? We're leaving now; the limo is out front waiting for us and Jacob and Ronnie are already down there setting up."

"Ok, have a good show and wish the other girls luck for me." I mumble into the pillow.

"Alright girl, Bye." Eve silently makes her exit, shutting the door softly behind her and I listen intently at the chattering and commotion going on downstairs until I hear the front door slam shut and silence takes over...

Great, so I'm in here alone with no one to voice my sorrows to. I guess I should get some sleep then...

I haven't been on stage since all this chaos began and I'm not sure if I'll ever be back up there doing what I do best...being an ecdysiast.

It's what got me into this mess in the first place. If I hadn't left my parents' home all those years ago who knows where I'd be today? It's not that I hate this life. I don't hate it as much as I used to, not since Justin began to change for the better. I have been missing my parents recently though, wondering whatever became of them and their failing marriage. It's just been so long ago...over a decade. I have no clue as to if they are alive and where they are. Sometimes I wish I could see them again, and other times I hope I never have to cross their paths ever again. It's a conflicting feeling but I don't care too much to see it through.

Rolling unto my back, I gaze at the ceiling fan deep in thought. I can't even sleep. I can't even sleep without having terrible nightmares of Justin lying dead in a pool of blood with my baby girl right next to him. I can't get over the paranoid feelings of JC not really being dead but instead hidden in the shadows just watching us and planning on the perfect time to take me again.

Things have been hell here even if I pretend like I'm doing well.

Shaking my head sadly, I seat up in bed, gazing around the room as flashes of times spent in here consumes me. Not all of them were good. Some resulted in me being dragged in here by my legs or hair. Still, I've managed to forgive Justin for those times and bury them. What I do remember was the last time we made love in here. It wasn't planned, but it was the most beautiful thing because gentle Justin was amazing. I knew what he was feeling then. I could see it in his eyes even if he never said it.

Then there was the night when I chose to take Courtney and leave. I think that was my mistake. I should have never left, then maybe none of this would have happened and Justin would be here with us now. But still, he...he begged me not to go. He, he told me he loved me. I haven't forgotten about that. I saw the look in his eyes when he said it too. He wasn't just trying to get me to stay. He meant it. Too bad we were never granted an opportunity to discuss it. I mean, I never told him I loved him back. Up to this day, he's never heard me say those words even if I'm sure he maybe knows it. Saying it makes it that more real.

I need to stop this. I need to stop thinking about him like this. I've been doing this for months and it's killing me emotionally.

 

 

Whipping at a few stray tears, my head snaps in the direction of the room door when I hear a loud thud coming from somewhere downstairs. Shooting up in bed, I rush over to the drawer of the dresser where I know Justin keeps one of his guns. I swear he owns like a whole shop of weapons. But that's nothing to think about now. There's a burglar in the house and I so do not need this right now. The girls, Rachel and Courtney are gone.

It's me or the intruder and that's an easy choice to make. Gripping the gun tightly in my palms, I pull back the safety, jumping slightly when I hear another noise. Shit, why didn't the alarm go off? Maybe I should call the cops, but the nearest phone is downstairs in the living room. Shit...

Ok, breathe Diane. This will all be over. Maybe it's just a bunch of teenagers trying their luck on gathering shit to sell. It doesn't have to be a masked man or men who are armed as well. That would be bad. Oh god.

Walking over to the room door, I cautiously pull it open before wiping my already sweaty palms over my red cotton sleeveless dress. I could just stay up here and pretend that no one is home, but Justin has taught us to always fight back to protect what is ours and never give up. So, with his teachings, I'm going to do a really stupid thing and head downstairs to see what made that noise.

If I'm lucky, the glass doors to the pool were left open and a creature like a squirrel or something got in here and it's nothing serious.

Cautiously heading down the winding stairway, I make it unto the platform, listening intently for any sound and that's when I hear it. It's a light painful groan and I know there is another living breathing person besides me in here. Maybe I should...maybe I should...

Then the person coughs slightly and I hold my breath when I turn in the direction of the living room. Oh god. It's pitch dark in there but that's where the voice came from.

Swallowing hard, I walk over to the entrance of the living room, noting the figure that seems to be hunched over next to the coffee table. Inhaling sharply, I raise my hand to the switch and flick it on, keeping my aim on the intruder as I whisper, "Don't move."

 

 

The person instantly tenses with their back to me, rubbing at their leg. "Turn around...slowly." I hiss, watching how the person inhales sharply before spinning around on their heels.

Standing in awe at the sight in front of me, I drop the gun to my side with a large frown on my face wondering what the hell is going on.

"Don't shoot, I promise I'm not breaking in." The man says and I eye him strangely, tightening my hold on the gun that's now at my side.

"Sure looked like it." I snap, noting the bunch of keys in his hand as he tugs on his grey t-shirt with his other hand.

"Shit, he told me no one would be home and..."

"Wait? What? Who are you and who the hell is ‘he'?" I inquire, noting the curiosity on the man's face.

"Are...are you Diane?" He says this like some star struck fool with wide eyes and a bright smile. Oh great, am I missing something here?

Taking a step back, I raise the gun again when the strange man advances towards me causing him to stop dead in his tracks.

"Look Justin said..." But that's as far as he gets before I scream out in astonishment.

"Justin!?" I belt at the top of my lungs hearing the front door open and close behind me seconds later. Jumping in shock, I whip around and accidentally fire a shot from the gun hearing someone gasp.

"Jesus, don't fucking shoot!" The person screams out with their hands in the air as they dodge the bullet.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." Dropping the gun on the floor, I slap my palms across my mouth when the person I accidentally shot at comes into the light to stand before me and the stranger in the living room.

"I swear to god, this is not the welcome home greeting I was expecting but maybe I deserved that." He says with a bright smile on his face and all I can do is watch in shock as my entire body goes weak and my knees buck under me, causing me to fall into his embrace.

"Oh my god what's happening?" I gasp for air, feeling like I'm having a panic attack as my hands latch onto his firm, muscular arms.

"Di? What are you doing home?" He whispers softly and holy shit, I've lost my damn mind.

"Oh my god..." I mutter again, because I refuse to believe that...that Justin is standing in front of me right now, helping me regain my balance to stand on my own. I refuse to believe it because....because oh god I nearly shot him.

"Is that all you can say?" He wisecracks and I frown before taking a step back, reversing as I finally allow my browns to gaze into his blues noting the warmness in his stare. Dear god, I've never seen him look like that before! He has an apologetic smile on his face as he stuffs his hands in his pockets awkwardly before breaking eye contact with me.

Tensing when I feel a pair of hands on my shoulder from behind, I remain in place as the same strange man walks around me and makes his way over to Justin.

"You weren't lying man, she's a feisty one that's for sure." He chuckles with Justin and I'm looking at them like hell just froze over. I really am missing something. I mean...hello? Justin is acting like he hasn't been gone for half a fucking year leaving everyone wondering if he was alive or not. Am I the only one who thinks that maybe I really should have shot his ass? Ugh!

"Just get the shit and mom out of the car, I'll handle the rest." He mutters to his ‘friend' I'd assume and my eyes widen.

"Hello? What?" I scream out, watching how Justin cringes by the harshness in my tone.

His friend gives me one last glance and pats Justin's shoulder before he makes his way out of the front door leaving Justin and me alone. Somehow, this is not how I imagined Justin's return. In fact I'm beyond pissed right now.

Walking over to the discarded gun, I bend down and pick it up in my trembling hands, pointing it at Justin with a smirk on my face.

"You better start talking else I'll wound you and send your ass to the hospital." I growl angrily.

I note the horror on his face as he remains in place, smoothing his hands over his...grown out hair? What the hell? "Di..."

"Shut up." I snap before taking his form in. I was in so much shock that I failed to realize the significant change in his physical appearance. He looks...bigger...buffer. His arms are more defined like he's been working out and his complexion looks healthy with a slight glow to it. His hair has grown out a lot. It even has small curls in it and looks practically tamed. His beard is shaped up and he's wearing a simple light jeans, white sneakers and an off-white t-shirt. No fedora hats? What? As I continue to study him, his large smile slowly creeps back unto his face.

Frowning, I gaze into his blues, noting his concern, curiousity and even amused stare. "You can't seriously be thinking about shooting me." He states and I scoff.

"Oh I'm thinking about it. I mean...where the fuck do you get off showing up like this after...after..." And I drift off unable to continue because it finally hits me like a ton of bricks. I haven't seen him in months and now he's standing there facing me looking like a completely different person. God, the Justin I knew never smiled, but this one, he just can't seem to stop.

And against my will, a few tears escape me causing me to sniffle.

 

 

"Jesus Di..."

"Don't." I warn when he tries to move towards me. "Just let me get over my shock please." I whimper as my tears begin flowing freely.

"Di, give me the gun." Justin says calmly and that's all it takes for me to cave. Dropping the gun from my hold again, he quickly rushes up to me, gripping me around my waist and engulfing me in a hug. "Jesus Di." He breathes out, kicking the gun away from us in the process. "You're so fucking crazy." He coos and all I can do is latch unto him for dear life. Inhaling sharply, I take in his masculine scent, loving the warmth of his body mixed with mine. It does nothing for the displeasure that's still plaguing me that he left me and his little girl to fend for ourselves all those months ago.

"You left us." I mutter against his firm chest, refusing to make eye contact as he begins stroking my dark locks affectionately.

"I know." He replies.

"You left us Justin!" I snap. "It's been months...it's...been forever." I cry out and I feel his head shake in agreement.

"I know Di and I'm sorry." He apologizes but it's not good enough. If I'm right, he came here now in hopes that no one would be home to see him. That means he had no intention of making his presence known. For how long and why?

"No!" Coming back to my senses, I push away from him. He's not getting away that easily. "You left us! You left me when I...I could have died Justin! You heartless bastard!" I shout, watching how hurt instantly takes over his features by my words. But he doesn't say anything. He just bows his head in shame. What? Hold on, who the hell is this man? He's not...he's not acting like himself at all. He seems so different to me now.

"I know Di, I know I made a mistake." He says this softly, barely audible but I catch it.

"What happened to you?" This time he's the one who's shocked as Justin's head snaps up by my line of questioning and I think he's embarrassed by my question.

Chuckling nervously, he scratches under his chin and I'm still gazing at him in awe.

"I'm still me." He forces out in a cracked, strained tone but I shake my head ‘no.'

"You're different." I point out, letting out a sigh of relief because even if this is not how I expected his return to be, it still feels amazing now that he's actually back.

"I uh...well I..." But he's cut short when the front door swings open and the same stranger who I pegged as his friend makes his way towards us followed by...a woman?

I notice how Justin's eyes light up by the sight of her and again I'm completely dumbfounded.

This woman, she's small with amazing eyes like Justin and big bright sun-kissed curls on her head. She's in jeans and a t-shirt with a young girl at her side who looks like a female replica of Justin. Wow...

Regaining his composure, Justin stretches forward and grips my hand to pull me at his side. Slightly struggling against his hold, he shoots me a warning glare and I immediately stop squirming. Well, the old Justin is still somewhere in there, that's for sure.

"Di, firstly let me explain by saying I came here when I did, hoping no one would be home so I could surprise you guys but this works out well too. And secondly, I'm sorry for leaving like I did, but it needed to be done. It wasn't the best timing in the world, but know that even if I was gone physically, I still made sure that you were doing ok." That sparks my interest but I remain quiet as he continues to pour his heart out. "Now Di, I know for all the years we've been together I never really spoke much about my past before I lost my Dad. But, I do have one, and this woman right here is the reason why I'm alive on this earth today. This is my mom Di, and...my baby sister Katie." Justin looks over at me with pride on his face and all I can do is nod in shock and awe. "And guys, this is...Diane, the one I told you so much about." Justin says proudly and I gush despite myself because he was talking about me? I guess he didn't forget about me after all huh?

"It's a pleasure Diane, I've heard a lot about you." His mom smiles before giving me a tight hug and all of this is unreal.

"Hi Diane." I look at the girl at her side and smile warmly for her. She's adorable and has a head full of curly hair much like Courtney. Oh those genes I say are a curse if you ask me when it comes to taming that hair.

"Hey, it's really nice to meet you guys too." I say in all honesty. It's amazing that Justin showed back up here with his family. He really has changed a lot.

"Yeah, when I left, I went to California to visit my mom and you know I've been there ever since." He explains and I nod, wondering why he couldn't have called or...

 

"I know I should have gotten in contact with you guys, but I sort of needed the time away to uh...reinvent myself completely and my mom was really understanding when I told her I needed help." He explains.

"Help?" I inquire and he nods with a bashful smile on his face.

"Yeah, I've been seeing a psychologist." He winces by the admittance but I can still see the relief on his face that he actually did this for himself. Well, that would explain why he seems so different. With time, I'll know if the help he's been getting really worked.

"We had a lot of catching up to do and even if Justin and my husband don't see eye to eye, they were able to settle their differences for my sake. It's been a long time coming but I was too happy to have my son back to ever send him away. I am glad he had you all this time to take care of him though." Justin's mom explains and I'm wondering just what exactly he told her.

"Oh..." I respond not knowing what else to say.

"Ok, ok well I invited mom and Katie out to spend some time with us before they head back down to California." Justin tells me and I nod. What else can I do really? I'm still not fully back to reality quite yet. "Oh and I forgot, this is my old childhood friend Juan, but I call him Trace. We grew up together until I left all those years ago."

Finally the stranger has a name. He gives me a cheeky smile with a nod of his head and I'm only now realizing how much shorter he is standing next to Justin.

"Nice to meet you Trace." I point out.

"You too Diane." He beams.

"You might be seeing a little more of him around since we got back in touch with each other." Justin points out.

"Ok."

 

 

"Great so now that introductions are over, I know I will be doing this all over again when the girls are back and I know Rachel will want to see you guys too." Justin states knowing that he's the reason why Rachel was estranged from their family all those years ago as well. "Uh T, you can show mom and Katie upstairs to get settled in while I stay here and uh, catch up with Di. Just head to the end of the hall on the left where the guest bedrooms are. Pick one out for yourself too."

Agreeing, Trace easily escorts Justin's Mom and sister who's been gazing around in awe up the winding stairway towards the guest bedrooms with their luggage.

When we're left alone, I brush past Justin and storm into the kitchen heading straight for the alcohol cabinet. Pulling out a bottle of scotch, I grab a glass and pour some of the substance out, not bothering to add any ice. Bringing the glass up to my lips, I throw back the hot substance, grimacing a bit. Before I can pour myself another glass, the bottle is ripped away for my hands by an amused Justin.

"I've told you before alcohol does not solve your problems." He says firmly and I scowl at him.

"I can't believe you're here." I admit.

"I can't believe you are. I was sure that all those months ago you...you..." But his voice easily fades off as he continues looking at me. "I've missed you Di." He whispers. "I'm sorry for everything...I really am. I never meant for you to get hurt..." Justin whimpers slightly as his eyes gloss over with unshed tears and oh my god...

Rushing over to him, I engulf him in my arms as he rests his head against my shoulder, his arms snaking around my waist to hold me tightly against his hard body. "It's ok Justin. I'm fine, you're fine. We'll be ok."

"No, you nearly...god I could have lost you." His voice cracks as his hold on me tightens and I begin scheming his back gently realizing that he was only pretending to be strong and unaffected by everything that happened.

"Justin it's ok now. You're here now. You're back."

"I didn't want to leave you I just...I couldn't stay. I would have lost my mind if I did. I needed to get help. I needed to change for you...for us. My mom was my best bet. She saved me...god I'm so sorry." He's crying now, his sobs racking his entire body as he trembles against me. God, he needs to stop this. He needs to stop because he's making me want to cry too. I can't do this with him now. I'm all out of tears.

"I know Justin. You did what you had to do and I forgive you ok? I do. I'm not angry anymore. You're here now and that's all that counts."

"Ok." He groans before pulling away to look at me with puffy eyes.

"You baby, stop crying I'm fine. I'm looking right at you." I coo while wiping his tears away.

"You must think I'm the biggest pussy." He laughs uneasily, squeezing my sides affectionately.

"It'll be our little secret." I smile before gripping his hands and leading him out of the sliding doors in the kitchen that lead to the pool.

 

 

Laying down on one of the lounge chairs, Justin pulls me to lay on him as he keeps his protective hold around me, pinning me in place.

"Not a day went by that I didn't think about you Di." He admits.

"Same here."

"But, at least I got the help I needed and I'm going to continue here until I'm well enough to deal on my own again. My psychologist referred me here. He even suggested I took you along with me, that is...if you want to come."

Lifting my head to look at him and then the ripples in the pool, I sigh with contentment as I think of what life could be like if Justin really did find a solution to tame his demons.

"I'd like that." I whisper against his chest, listening to his steady breathing and heartbeat.

"Good. Where's Courtney?"

"Rachel has her, they'll be back tomorrow morning and in for a surprise. Courtney has been asking me for you non-stop. She misses her daddy. Rachel misses you too." I smile and Justin chuckles softly.

"Yeah I miss them too. Rachel was a lifesaver."

"Mmmhmmm..." I mutter, feeling comfortable in his arms.

"Hey Di?"

"Yeah?" Leaning up, I gaze into Justin's blues, noting how they've darkened slightly.

"I love you...so much..." He whispers and I gaze at him, realizing that's the second time he's said this to me in less than a year. It's something I never heard him say before and now it seems to spill out of his lips so easily.

I can feel my tears resurfacing and stinging the back of my eyelids but I won't cry. No, because I know he loves me, he's made it clear for some time now even if he was fighting it.

"I love you too Justin. Always have...always will." I reply and it's his turn to be a little shocked by my words. I guess he never expected me to say that and mean it? He maybe thought I'd hate him forever but he's wrong.

"You do?" He asks incredulously and I arch a brow at him.

"Yes dummy." I giggle before sealing it with a kiss.

The moment my lips connect to his own, I feel a spark of electricity shoot through my body, traveling up and down my spine. Squeezing me tightly, Justin takes the initiative to deepen the kiss as we get lost in each other, laying out pool-side on one of the lounge chairs.

This is...perfect. I never thought I could have a perfect moment in my life, but now is perfect. I don't ever want this new Justin to go away. I could get used to this...all of this.

To have a life with him I never even dreamed of? Yeah, this is amazing.

Moaning into the kiss, Justin shifts beneath me, allowing me to feel his already growing arousal. Gasping, I pull away from him, giving him a light peck before I smile. Licking at his lips, he grins without saying anything before he casts his vision to the sky.

Gazing at him, I note how his demeanor changes as he gets lost in his thoughts. "Give me some time and I promise I'll sit and tell you everything that happened." He says and I shake my head silently, still staring at him. God he's gorgeous, the lights from around the pool painting his skin with a light yellow glow. "And...I have some serious reinventing to do. I'm going to switch around my business. It needs to be done. Once I get in contact with Ronnie, Jacob and Hugh we should get the ball rolling on that."

Well, businessman Justin is also alive and well, but I'm not complaining because I know he's never going to let me set foot on that stage again and I'm grateful for that.

"I'm going to open that nightclub Di. And you're going to help me run it." Bending his head to look at me, Justin winks for me and I giggle because his boyish persona is shining. But I love him now more than ever.

"Ok, sure."

"Yeah and Courtney is going to be my sole heir unless we have more kids then I'll split it between them evenly." Justin points out nonchalantly and what?

"More kids?" I ask in a state of shock.

"Well yeah, once I make you my wife I'm going to want more kids Di." Justin says in a matter-of-fact manner and I think my heart just skipped a beat. Make me his wife? What?

"Wow..." I breathe out and he laughs. He actually laughs.

"What you didn't think I'd marry you? I'd be real stupid not to. I can't picture my life without you and Court Di. We're stuck together till the day we die and beyond." He muses and I slap his chest playfully.

"Ok badass." I mock him and he groans.

"I still am a badass, don't get it twisted. I'm just...a badass who's got a soft spot for his woman."

I guess he has a point there.

"You're something else Justin."

"You love me like that." He retorts.

"No complaints here."

"Uh huh."

"So..."

"So we stay here and chill for a bit, then we'll head in to check on my mom and my sis and deal with everyone else when they come home later. And tomorrow, you Court and I can spend the entire day together void any interruptions. Then, we'll sit and have that talk about what happened all those months ago with Rachel. How does that sound?" Justin's fingertips continue to gently graze my back as he makes circular patterns with them awaiting my response.

"That sounds...good." I sigh, getting lost in his infectious touches.

"Good. But first put this on..."

Seating up, I watch as he digs into his jeans pocket, pulling out a piece of jewelry. It's...it's the necklace he gave me some time ago. That simple piece of fine jewelry has so much history behind it, it still amazes me. Slipping the chain around my neck and clasping it, Justin plays with the diamond pendant for a few brief seconds before he regains his position on the lounge chair, pulling me with him.

"I have a surprise for you." He voices minutes later.

"Really what?" I state.

"You'll see...when I open my new nightclub. I figured that should be enough time to prepare you." He snickers and I don't like the sound of that but I let it slide, too engrossed with this man to really care about anything else right now.

"Fine." I relent.

"We've come a long way Di. I'm glad it turned out for the better..."

"It's not over yet." I respond because if anything, it's just the beginning for the three of us if we're going to be a real family. Still, I wouldn't have this any other way.

"Oh I know it's not over...not by a long shot." Justin says this knowingly as he exhales deeply and should I be worried?

Either way we're here now and I'm not going anywhere. So, whatever challenges are in store just waiting for us, bring it on, because if I could survive the past years of my life with him, then I'm pretty sure that we could make it through anything...

The Epilogue by d_simplicity
Author's Notes:
So this is not a speech or anything...lol...but I just want to say, thanks to all who came along for the crazy ride of Justin and Diane and I really appreciate that you guys liked this little story. It was something different for me to write, but I stuck with it and I had a great time writing it. So, sadly this is the last chapter in this fic and it's different than the rest but I like it, and I hope you guys will like it as well...enjoy. :)



Chapter Fourteen - The Epilogue


Flashback…

Next day…



“I know this is a big change Di, but I think we can do this.” Justin states and I can’t help but smile because I’ve come to realize that he really is a changed man.

“You really think I can run a club?” I inquire and he nods lazily as he drapes his arm over my stomach.

“Sure, I’ll teach you everything you need to know. By the time we open, you’ll be a pro. Besides you won’t be doing it alone, I’ll be there.” He chuckles before letting out a yawn and I slap his bare chest playfully before I lean up to place a soft kiss on his lips. “Hmmm…we should get up.” Justin mumbles against my lips and I nod in agreement still kissing him.

We’ve been lying in bed just talking and catching up for the past two hours since we woke up this morning. I still can’t believe he’s here but I love that he is. It’s like a dream come true.

After Justin came home last night, we stayed out by the pool until the girls came in some odd hours later. I swear they freaked out and nearly mauled Justin because they were so ecstatic to see him. He spent the next few hours informing them of his whereabouts and catching up. He also introduced them to his mom and his sister Katie who they were all excited to meet. It was like this huge family reunion and when you think of it, even though things are twisted, we still are this big extended family in a sense.

It just all felt great and I loved every minute of it. I wish life was like this sooner, but I don’t regret everything we went through to get to this point because it made us all better and stronger persons…especially Justin.

I just can’t get over how different he is and I’m a little scared too that this might be a sick joke and he’ll morph back into deranged Justin when I least expect it; but I know this is real so I have nothing to worry about.

Pulling away from Justin, I seat up in his bed just glancing around. We didn’t make love last night. Not that I didn’t want to, but just lying there in his arms, talking and absorbing each other’s body heat until we lulled each other to sleep was nice too. In fact, it was amazing and I actually cried because we never had these types of moments before and I hope that there are a lot more to come in the future.

Hopping off the bed, I stretch out my limbs before I hear a knock on Justin’s bedroom door.

Looking over at him when he sits up, he smiles for me before getting out of bed as well. I watch intently as he walks over to the door, clad in just gray cotton slacks that are hanging low around his waist. His chest is firm, defined and raises and falls with each breath his takes. Motioning for me to come over, he whispers for me to ask who’s at the door before he swings it open, the muscles contracting in his arm as he grips the door knob. Damn the man is fine…

Giggling, I shake my head in amusement before I decide to speak. “Who is it?!” I call out, passing my palms over my cotton home-dress.

“Is me mommy! And tanty Rachel! Open up!” Courtney’s excited voice filters in from the other side of the door and I don’t miss the gasp that falls from Justin’s lips as his eyes widen in excitement himself. Oh my god, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him this anxious to see his baby girl before.

Ok Diane, you soft sap, there will be no more crying.

Before I can get another word in, Justin yanks the door open and screams out “Surprise!”

Slapping my palms over my mouth, I inhale sharply when Rachel’s eyes widen in shock and she nearly drops Courtney from her arms but manages to catch her in time. Oh god, this is crazy yet I can’t stop smiling.

“Daddy! Daddy!” Courtney screams in astonishment already stretching her little arms out, trying to grab unto Justin.

I have to give it to her, even after all this, she’s managed to forgive her father and still love him. It’s amazing. But I don’t blame her because I still love him too.

“You back!” She belts happily and Justin laughs out loudly, throwing his head back before he reaches out to take her from Rachel’s grasp who’s still glaring wide-eyed in awe.

“Hey angel.” Justin coos, holding Courtney in his arms against his bare chest. “Look at you; you got bigger since I last saw you.” He says in a sing-song voice before he leans down and kisses both her cheeks, hugging her tightly.

God, where’s a camera when you need it? This is a priceless moment.

“Daddy you home now! You good now!” Courtney beams while wrapping her petite arms around Justin’s neck the best way she can.

Chuckling softly, Justin shakes his head in agreement with her. “Yeah…” He sighs before eyeing me and I just shrug with a huge grin on my face. “I’m home…” He whispers before burying his head in her head of curls, inhaling deeply. “I’ve missed you angel; Daddy loves you…so much.” Justin breaths out and I hear Courtney giggle.

Pulling away to look at her, Justin arches a brow in question when she takes her small hand and plays with his eyes and brows. “I wove ou too daddy; your eyes glowy…no cwy. I miss ou and mommy too.” She explains and I can’t even stop the waterworks from coming now. She may be young, but she understands a lot. She’s so bright.

“I…I’m not crying babe.” Justin says uneasily as he blinks a few times and I just know, he’s suppressing his tears. He’s such a softy now. It’s kind of cute.

“Otay!” She bounces in his arms before she starts blowing out spit bubbles. It’s a nasty habit she has.

“Courtney stop that!” I scold her before tapping her cheeks lightly. Pouting for me, she rests her head on Justin’s shoulder, still holding on to him as he fixes her in his strong arms, his eyes now landing on a frozen Rachel.

“Rach? Are you ok?” Justin snickers and she simply blinks a few times before breaking out into a bright smile.

“Welcome home cuz.” She says softly before walking up to him and giving him a light hug as to not squeeze Courtney between them. “Good to have you back.” She whispers and Justin nods in response.

“I told you I’d be back.” He says matter-of-factly.

“Well with the way you left, I was worried.” She jokes and he just rolls his eyes playfully.

“Uh huh.”



Turning to face me, Rachel moves over and gives me a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek before she pulls away. “You doing ok now Diane?” She asks jokingly and I laugh a bit.

“Much better yeah.” I admit. “Thanks for everything Rach.”

“Girl you know better than to thank me when we’re family.” She warns.

“Ok so guess what Court…” Justin interrupts while gazing into Courtney’s bright blues that mirror his own and I look over at him wondering what he’s up to now.

“What daddy?!” Courtney asks with enthusiasm.

“I have two people I want you to meet baby.” He coos and I watch in amusement as her eyes light up.

“Spongeboob and Patwick?” She exclaims and Justin frowns before breaking out into a lopsided grin.

“No silly, I can’t pull Spongebob and Patrick out of the television screen.” Justin explains trying to suppress his chuckles due to the goofy grin she’s giving him.

“Too bad.” Courtney sighs and I cackle at her cute little attitude.

“Ha, ok, don’t worry; I’ll get you a doll of each of them. Will that be good?” Justin tells her and she shakes her head rapidly with a big smile on her face. “Good, now the two people daddy wants you to meet are daddy’s mom and sister. They’re your grandma and aunt.” Justin explains and I watch as Courtney’s face contorts in confusion.

“What a grandwa?” She inquires.

“No baby, ‘grandma’. She’s daddy’s mom. And I want you to meet my sister too.” Justin tries to explain to Courtney.

“Otay, your mommy and sissy? Otay. Weh are they?” Turning her head sideways, Courtney tries to see into the room, looking around for them.

“Yes, I’m going to take you to them. Do you want to meet them?” Signaling for Rachel and me to follow him, Justin makes a move to exit his room with us in tow. I’m just going to remain silent and take all of this in. It’s amazing the way they’re bonding, but I think they began a long time ago even before Justin got the help that he needed so from now on, it should come easily for him and I don’t have to be worried about leaving him alone with her anymore.

“Yes, I wanna see them.” Courtney replies in her baby voice and Justin smiles as he makes his way over to the guest bedrooms where his mom, sister and Trace are located.

“Ok girl, you got it.”

Making it over to their rooms, Justin uses his free hand to knock on the door and I take a step back so I’m not in anyone’s way when they open.

I can hear his mom on the other end saying ‘enter’ before Justin twists the knob and proceeds to open the door. Stopping midway, he turns to face Rachel and me with a weary look on his face.

“Rach, I think when we’re done here, I want you and I to have a little chat with Di about what happened all those months ago. She deserves to know and then I’m going to spend the day with her and Court. I’ll contact Ronnie and Jacob later, but let them know I’m here ok?” Glancing at me, Justin smiles slightly before diverting his attention back to Rachel for her response.

“Of course Justin. Anything. That’s a good idea.” Rachel agrees and he shakes his head in response before turning around and swinging the bedroom door open.

“Ma?” He calls out as he enters the room and his mother, Katie and Trace come into view. I watch how his mother’s face lights up at the sight of Courtney who’s glaring at them in awe since they’re strangers to her. “Look at who I brought for you to meet!” Justin utters, watching as his mother stands from her seating position to approach us.

At that exact moment, I realize that there’s nowhere else I’d rather be than right here, right now, in this moment in time with them because after everything we’ve been through, this moment is…perfect…


End of Flashback…



****
The Present

Two Years Later…




Trying to nail the pose that the photographer has been belting at me for the past hour or so, I sigh exasperatingly as I keep my position on the large leather chair, the lacey red underwear set I’m wearing pricking my skin and making me itch.

“Are we almost done?” I ask impatiently before I lift my hand up to scratch under my left breast. “This thing is…irritating me.” I growl, feeling irate. Passing my hands through my brown locks in frustration, I groan when Justin decides to tease me about my present state.

“Babe, stop moving. You scratching your breast in a shot is not appealing woman.”

Rolling my eyes at a chuckling Justin, I shoot him a nasty glare and stick out my tongue playfully before I divert my attention back to the photographer who’s giving me an incredulous look.

“You’re hopeless Di.” Justin laughs out and I simply scoff before trying to get that impossible pose of arching my back in my seat with my legs crossed while my body is twisted so one of my arms can drape over the back of the chair.

“Perfect! Hold that pose!” The photographer suddenly belts and I freeze solid in place as he begins flashing me from all angles. “Perfect, I got it.” He says excitedly, of course. We’ve only been doing this for the past hour. “Ok Diane, I think we’re good now. You can get dressed.”

Staring at the tall, chestnut-haired, green-eyed photographer, I smile for him as his chiseled face twists into a half-grin for me. He looks like he should be the model himself but, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how he started out.

“Finally!” I exclaim, giggling when Justin comes over to me with a robe so that I can cover up. It’s crazy how he’s switched over the years. He’s gone from having me up on stage parading around with my body exposed for the entire world to see to not wanting even my navel exposed for the wondering eye. It’s amazing but I’m not complaining.

Getting up, I lean up to place a light peck on his lips as the photographer named Jerry, swiftly makes his exit, heading over to his pc to put up the digital photos he just took out so he can edited them and do whatever else it is that he does.

It’s not long before Hugh comes into the room with Courtney at his side who’s drinking a sprite, her favorite soda. We’re actually at Hugh’s mansion where I just finished a photo shoot for a spread in his upcoming playboy magazine issue to promote both playboy and the launching of Justin’s new club which is actually tonight. I’m really excited for the opening with all the media buzz we’ve been getting. Edwina is actually the main reporter covering the event since she got promoted in her career when she landed the top story of the year which was centered on the whole JC and Grant fiasco.

I don’t like to think about it, and I’ve blocked out that part of my life but it’s sad what happened all those years ago. JC was a decent guy even though he was crazier than Justin. I never would have guessed he’d take his life and Rachel would have ‘saved the day’ but they did and it happened and it’s in the past. Justin suffered from terrible nightmares which I found out started soon after he left to be with his mom in California and he was battling with them over the span of the first year, but it’s been over a year since he had one and we’re doing great! He’s a new man, my man and I never thought we’d get here but I’m happy that we did.



“Mommy, Mr. Hefner told me I could come over anytime and play in the pool and in the game room! That’s so cool!” Courtney beams as she comes over to me and gives me a tight hug before she moves over to Justin who lifts her up and gives her a spin before he places her back down. It’s crazy, but I’ve slowly come to realize that she’s turning into a daddy’s girl with each passing moment they spend together. It’s adorable.

“That’s great sweetie. We’ll be sure to visit Hugh more often.” I say and she nods before handing her sprite over to Justin so he can take a sip.

“My home is open all the time for you all Diane, you know that.” Hugh comes over and gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he pats Justin on the back. “So how was it?” He inquires and I sigh.

“Tiring. I kept messing up my pose.” I laugh and Hugh chuckles in response.

“It takes some work to get comfortable in front of the camera.” He explains and I nod in agreement.

“Daddy can I sleep over at aunty Rachel’s tonight?”
Courtney inquires, looking up at Justin with wide eyes who’s studying her intently.

“Did you finish your homework?” He asks suspiciously.

“Aunty Rachel said she’d help me since you and mommy will be busy.” She says innocently causing Justin to arch a brow at her.

“Uh huh, I’m making sure you pack those books girl. Don’t even play with me.” He chuckles and she laughs.

“Ok.” She groans because she knows that once Justin tells Rachel she has homework to do, Rachel will make sure she does it first. It’s nothing big, but for a five year old going on six years, it’s a ton of work.

“Yeah missy, else no Spongebob musical next week.” Justin instructs and I could have sworn that was a look of death Courtney just shot her father. She hasn’t grown out of her Spongebob phase and when Justin landed tickets to the musical they were having here with her favorite characters, Courtney literally nearly smothered him from all her kisses since she was so excited.

Laughing at the two of them, I wrap the strings of my robe around my waist before I move over to head for the dressing room. “I’m going to change so we can leave guys. I know there are some preparations to settle before the opening tonight.” I voice and Hugh nods in agreement.

“Of course, I’ll see you all at the opening tonight. Thank you again Diane.” Hugh smiles and I blush slightly.

“It’s was a pleasure Hugh.” I smile back before I gaze over at Justin who’s giving me a lascivious glare.

“Hurry up Di. We’ll be out front waiting.” Justin winks for me before grabbing Courtney’s hand lightly to lead her to the front with Hugh where the limo is most likely waiting for us.

“Yes sir.” I salute him causing both Hugh and Courtney to laugh out.

“Cute Di…real cute.” Justin mutters with a cheeky grin before they disappear out of sight and I head into the dressing room to change into my regular clothes so we can leave.



*****
Later At Justin’s Estate…



When we make it back home, I’m surprised to see that Rachel is already there waiting for us with Ronnie and Jacob. I guess she already figured that Justin and I will be too busy tonight to watch Courtney. She’s such a gem. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without her in my life.

“Hey guys!” I beam as I get in with Justin in tow who slams the front door shut behind him.

Greeting them all with a hug and a kiss, I instruct Courtney to head up to her room with Rachel so she can pack an overnight bag. When the two of them disappear up the winding stairway, Justin comes over to me pulling me into him before he leans down and places an intense kiss on my lips before he pulls away.

“Damn, I’ve wanted to do that since you got in that little number for the photo shoot.” He groans and I giggle, eyeing Ronnie and Jacob who are trying not to eavesdrop.

“Oh? That’s all?” I ask innocently noting how Justin’s blues twinkle in curiosity.

“Noooo…” he drawls lazily. “But, you know…I’m going to head down to the club with the guys to finish set up. The girls are down there and so is the DJ, so, I’ll leave you here to get ready and I’ll have the limo come get you in a few hours. And then, when it’s all said and done with and we’re back home…” Drifting off Justin leans forward placing his lips against my ear, kissing me lightly there before he finishes his statement in a soft whisper. “Later it’s on.” He growls and I try to hold back my moan when he squeezes my waist tightly before pulling away to head over to his ‘boys’.

Inhaling deeply, I try to regain my composure when Ronnie gives me an amused look but remains quiet for the most part.

“Ok are we ready to head out?” Justin inquires, fixing his black fedora hat and black matching Sinatra t-shirt.

“Yeah but the DJ mentioned something about losing the track list you gave him.” Jacob voices, cringing when Justin groans angrily.

“Yeah? Well, that muthafucka better be kidding because I don’t have a backup list and that shit took me days to get it right. He better watch it before I cop his ass one.” Justin snaps. “I know he’s the DJ and all, but I want him to play what I tell him to. Shit…” Pinching the bridge of his nose, Justin glances at Ronnie who seems to be paying me a lot of attention, more than usual. “Ron why the fuck are you gawking at Diane?” Justin hisses, snapping the younger man out of his daze.

“What? I wasn’t…”

“Man you better stop eyeballing my woman if you know what’s good for you.” Justin sneers. I swear, the old Justin rears his ugly head at the most unexpected times.

Trying to move away from their line of sight, Ronnie suddenly makes a statement that causes us all to glare at him in shock.

“I don’t know Justin. I mean, maybe it’s just me, but, Diane looks like she’s filling up some.” He points out. Oh god, what the hell?

“What?” Walking over to Ron, Justin glares at him for a brief moment before his eyes narrow in irritation. “Are you calling Di…” But Ronnie cuts him off before he can finish his question.

“What? No, no, it’s not like in a bad way but…damn you’ve put on weight Di. It looks good though. Everywhere seems to be…filling out nicely.” Ronnie smiles cheekily and oh no, that green ugly monster called jealously is rearing its ugly head. I know Ron means well, and it’s his way of complimenting me and letting me know that I look nice or whatever, but Justin is so overprotective sometimes it’s a little scary.

Scratching lightly at his stubble, Justin easily slaps Ronnie on the back harshly, causing him to stumble forward before he’s shoved towards the exit. “Ok, I’m going to pretend that you didn’t say what you just did Ron for your own health. We’re leaving guys…now.” Justin growls while still pushing Ronnie who’s giving me a suspicious look.


“I’ll see you later Di. Love you babe.” Justin coos and I smile uneasily while shifting my weight on my feet.

“Love you too Just. I’ll see you all later.” I wave to them as they make their way out of the now opened front door.
“Later Diane.” Jacob smiles.

“Yeah…see you…later Diane.” Ronnie smirks, and I just roll my eyes in response before Justin socks him lightly to continue walking so they can make their exit.

Whipping around before the door slams shut, Justin shoots me a small smile and a wink then disappears out of sight with his two best friends at his side.




When they’re gone, I breathe a sigh of relief turning to head up the stairs just as Rachel and Courtney make their way down towards me.

“Justin left?” Rachel inquires and I nod.

“Yeah.”

“Oh well Court and I are going to head out. We’ll see you guys tomorrow morning since it’s the weekend.” She points out and I nod in response before giving her a tight hug.

Bending down to kiss my little girl, she pulls me into a hug before letting go as well.

“Thanks Rach. I’ll see you all and take care. Be good Courtney.” I warn her.

“I will mom.” She says dryly before pulling Rachel towards the front door. Rachel has seriously become one of her favorite persons.

“Ok baby I love you.” I say softly, laughing as Courtney drags Rachel towards the front door before leaning up to swing it open.

“Love you too mommy. See you and daddy tomorrow.” Waving bye to me, I smile at my daughter before wishing Rachel a safe drive home and seeing them off. I’m disappointed that she’s going to miss the club’s grand opening tonight but I know she doesn’t mind because she loves spending time with Courtney. They’ll be alight.

When they’re out of sight I slam the door shut, locking it in the process before I whip around and stare idly at the spacious mansion realizing I’m the only one left now.

“Well damn, I think some ice cream is in order.” I giggle to myself before ambling into the kitchen in search of my sweet poison.

So, I have the whole house to myself for the rest of the day. I think I’m going to just laze around until it’s time to get ready for the club opening later. It’s been a long day and I definitely need the break before the craziness that is now my life catches up to me tonight.

Finally making it into the kitchen, I dig around through the cabinets pulling out a bowl and a spoon before I head straight for the freezer to get some vanilla ice cream since it’s Courtney’s favorite.

Grabbing the box and preparing a bowl for myself, I hop up onto the counter with my dish, digging in and placing a spoonful into my mouth. Loving the cold sweetness as it hits my taste buds, I swallow gently before casting my vision south to the big diamond engagement band on my finger made from white gold. Playing with the rock mindlessly, I can’t help but realize that this is really my life now and I’m actually engaged to Justin. This is crazy.

He really said he was going to make me his wife but I never believed it. Not until he surprised me one night with dinner, a bouquet of roses, a bottle of champagne and the cutest, most nervous smile I’ve ever seen on his adorable face. Even his hands were slightly trembling when he asked me. It was unbelievable, but all this is unbelievable. I can’t even believe we got this far and in one piece too.

We’ve really been doing great these past couple of years. Justin reinvented his business like he said he would, I accompanied him to his counseling sessions twice a week, and it’s safe to say that he no longer loses control of his temper. He’s a new man and I’m proud of how far he’s come.
He’s no longer a pimp since he only keeps his girls up on the stage without the side business of visiting his clients. I guess he learned after the whole JC scene.

Speaking of, it’s great how mostly everything worked out in our favor because after the media and police learned about all of JC and Grant’s dealings, all the cases that were opened that could have been linked to Justin were closed permanently, especially when they found Franco’s dead body in the mists of the so called massacre that happened almost three years ago.

Justin deserved his happy ending after the hand he was dealt in life and even if we’re not perfect, I think we’re getting there and I’m glad that I can be a part of it.
In the end, I’ve come to look at it as every disappointment was a blessing in disguise for us and even if we still have obstacles to overcome, at least, we’re in this for the long haul together…

“Hmmm...Diane Timberlake.” I murmur with a mouthful of vanilla ice cream still eying the band on my finger. “Kind of has a nice ring to it.” I giggle before digging into my bowl of ice cream again, content to just be sitting on that island by myself indulging in my own little sinful pleasure.



*****
Hours later…

At the club opening…




Finally making it to the club for our big opening night, I can’t help but absorb it all in. I’ve never been this excited before about anything. The moment I stepped foot out of the limo, I was bombarded with flashes coming from all directions. You’d maybe say I was celebrity with all the media attention I’ve been getting but part of it is focused on my engagement to Justin. People are just eating up the fact that Justin engaged one of ‘his girls’ since that’s not something that’s regularly done. I don’t mind though, the attention is kind of nice sometimes…and other times it’s annoying.

Being escorted into the new two story entertainment building, I pause briefly to take it all in. It’s a full house tonight and the entire place is buzzing already. Justin really went all out with this. Taking in the lavender color scheme, lights, chic yet edgy décor and fully stocked overpriced bar, I smile brightly. This club is going to get good ratings I can feel it. Before we know it, it’s going to turn into one of the ‘must go to’ upscale nightclubs on the Las Vegas strip.

Walking further in, I suddenly feel self-conscious when I realize that a few of Justin’s guests begin making me out. I must look strange, especially to the men with my clothes on. Ah well, sucks for them I guess. Giggling to myself, I gaze down at my mini tightly fitted red dress, black heels and black side bag I’m wearing. Justin picked it out because according to him it showed off my best assets which would be my breasts, butt and back. He’s such a pervert. He’d never let me go out like this if he wasn’t going to be around.

Taking in all the familiar faces, I can feel my nerves acting up. This is going to be the first time I’m up on that stage with Justin not as one of ‘his girls’ or my favorite word an ecdysiast, but as his other half and business associate. Oh god, I can do this right?

“I need a drink.” I state hastily before I maneuver through the many hot bodies, making my way over to the bar where Ricardo ‘my favorite bartender’ is situated. In fact, I spot Eve, Bethany, Ronnie and Jacob over there as well in a little group engaging in some conversation or other. Justin is still nowhere in sight but I’m sure he’s moving around like a mad man making sure everything runs smoothly. I’ll see him later.

Smiling, I move to make my way over to the small group, but my advances are cut short when someone steps foot in my path out of nowhere. Stumbling back a bit, I slick my fingers through my curly locks before my eyes widen when they connect to a pair of intense browns. Gulping hard, I feel my heart skip a beat, shocked to see the person standing in front of me and a little embarrassed too. I was never used to these client business relationships Justin had running on the side.

“John?” I squeak out, taking in the balding middle aged man. He actually looks decent. I haven’t seen him in years and now he just pops out of nowhere. I’ll forever be freaked out by his creepy self. He was that one client of Justin that was obsessed with me. Well, besides JC. But he always had the strangest fetishes and it wasn’t cool that he only kept asking for me every single time. But that time is over and he seems to be almost normal looking. Plus he’s been working out because he actually looks toned up and healthier.

“Pleasure to see you again Miss Blush, or should I say Miss Blossom.” He gives me a crooked grin and I plaster a tight fake smile on my face wanting nothing more than to bolt. This is…awkward.

“Oh yeah. Well I…It’s good...it’s…I can’t believe I’m seeing you.” I ramble out.

“Yes, it’s been a long time and I was disappointed that you were off the market but it’s fine. I’m happily married now and doing well.” He smiles and I shake my head mouthing an ‘oh.’

“I see, well then congratulations.” I state, really feeling sorry for his wife unless she’s a freak just like him then they’re well paired.

“Thank you.” He smiles and I purse my lips together before moving away from him.

“Ok, well then have a good night John. I’m just going to head over to my friends before the festivities begin.”

“Oh of course. You stay good Diane and congrats on your engagement, Justin is a lucky man.” He winks for me and I cringe before making a move to leave.

“Bye!” I hastily reply before dashing away, never looking back.




Sighing in relief when I get over to the gang, I laugh slightly to myself as my mood instantly lightens by the sight of a drink being slid over to me as I take a sit next to Ronnie at the bar.

“Ricardo you’re too much.” I smile before grabbing the glass already knowing it’s Hennessey and coke, my favorite poisonous concoction.

“Spotted you from a mile away girl.” He smiles brightly and I thank him before telling everyone else hi.

“Hey guys.” I smile before sipping my drink, receiving a series of greetings in return. I frown when Ron eyes me strangely after telling me ‘hi’, his vision fixated on my drink.

“Do you really think it’s wise to be drinking that Di?” Ron snickers and I roll my eyes at him. He’s being so weird today not that I blame him; it’s just annoying as hell.

“Oh leave her alone Ron, she’s loosening up. This is her and Justin’s night.” Eve scolds and Ronnie simply shrugs before fixing his brown fedora hat on his head which matches the brown ensemble he’s wearing. His blonde hair is spilling out on all ends and I have to say he actually looks decent and very mature in his getup.

“I don’t mind.” I state.

“So how are you doing Di?” Jacob inquires.

“I’m good.” I admit honestly and he nods in response.

“Nervous?” Bethany adds in and I shrug before taking another sip of my drink.

“Kind of.”

“It’ll be fine girl, don’t even worry about it.” Bethany smiles and even if we’ve been ok with each other these past few years, her kind nature is still somewhat foreign to me. It’s strange too, because she’s going to be moving out soon to do her own thing. I guess she’s ran her course as one of Justin’s girls but that’s understandable.

They come and go and I already know that by the time Justin and I get married, things are going to change. He’s going to be housing his girls somewhere else because according to him, he’s only going to want his direct family living under his roof which is the way it should be. Maybe he’ll buy them their own mansion. I wouldn’t put it past him. They are assets to his career.

Gulping down a portion of my drink, I listen in when Eve proceeds to talk about what opening show they’re going to be putting on tonight after Justin and I give our speech and welcome everyone to our club.

It’s not long before I feel a pair of masculine arms wrap around my waist from behind. Leaning into me, I take a whiff of his familiar cologne and smile when he whispers in my ears… “Hey beautiful.” He coos.

“Hey Just.” I reply before he lets me go and comes around to stand before us looking amazing. He’s not wearing his fedora hat surprisingly but his gold locks are short and tamed on his head. He has on a long sleeved black shirt that’s hugging him just right and his pants are low around his waist.

After telling everyone hey and instructing Eve and Bethany to head backstage since we’ll be launching shortly, Justin diverts his attention back to me, a scowl forming over his face when he sees the glass of alcohol in my hand. “Did Ricardo give this to you?” He inquires, ripping the glass from my hand and placing it on the bar.

“Uh yeah…”

“Ricardo!” Justin calls out to him and I watch as he comes over, wiping his hands on a towel.

“Yeah.” Ricardo replies in a light Spanish accent.

“Don’t give Di anything else to drink for the night even if she begs.” Justin instructs. Darting his eyes over to me, Ricardo nods in understanding and before I can protest, he’s gone, resuming his duties when someone comes over to the bar shouting out their order over the blaring music.

“That was mean.” I pout and Justin chuckles before gripping my hand, pulling me up to stand.

“You’ll get over it. Come on, I need you for a bit.” Justin says, pulling me away from the bar. “Jac, Ron, I’ll see you guys in VIP later.” He waves to his friends before we disappear into the crowd.





Following behind Justin who has a tight grip on my hand, he brings me past the dance floor to another part of the club that’s not as heavily populated.

“Where are we going Justin?” I ask curiously, watching his broad back as he continues to lead the way.

“Do you remember that surprise I said I had for you some time back?” He asks and I laugh out loud.

“You mean that one you mentioned well over two years ago?” He’s seriously crazy.

“That’s the one.” He chuckles, never turning to face me until we stop in front of a closed door.

“What about it Justin?” I inquire skeptically.

Turning to face me, I note how his blues are shining under the colorful lighting. Bending down to kiss me softly on the lips, he pulls away and swings the door open, yanking me in with him before he shuts it and drowns out all the noise and music from the main floor of the club.

“I love you Di, and I think it’s time you made a mends with your past just like I did with mines. It’s the first step to dealing with and taming any demons you might have.” He explains and I just glare at him in bewilderment.

Before I can get a word in, I hear someone clear their throat and I jump back in shock when I see there are at least two more people in the room with us.

“What’s going on?” I mutter nervously.

Sighing, Justin drops my hand before pulling me into a tight hug. Moving away from me, he smiles guiltily as he rubs his palms together. “It wasn’t easy and I actually had to hire an investigator to track them down, but when I got to them, I knew it would have to take some right timing to set this up. Now seemed perfect since they had ample time to watch what an amazing woman you’ve grown into.”

Ok, I’m getting pissed off. This makes no sense. “So you had people spying on me for two fucking years without my knowledge Justin?” I ask incredulously feeling a sudden pang of nervousness. This isn’t like him at all.

“Not spying Diane, observing…from afar...” Someone who’s clearly not Justin interrupts. It’s a feminine voice and it’s too familiar for comfort.

Feeling my chest tighten almost immediately, my breath hitches in my throat when someone flicks on the light switch and the two other persons come into view.

Gasping, I slap my palms over my mouth in shock before reversing until my back slams against a wall. I can see the worry on Justin’s face but I’m ignoring him because all I can focus on are the two smiling people looking at me, studying me with such intrigue and curiosity.

“Wha…I…oh my god.” I gasp, my emotions running haywire as I fight to regulate my breathing.

“You look, so beautiful Diane.” The other male presence voices and that’s all it takes before my tears suddenly rush to the surface, the reality of this encounter hitting me right in the face.

“Mom? Dad?” I cry out as my tears begin spilling down my cheeks almost instantly. “Oh my god.” I choke out, still glued to the wall, too shocked to even make a move towards them. It’s like…it’s like they’re ghosts to me. It’s just been so, so long.

“I’ll leave you all alone. We have about thirty minutes before we go on.” Justin’s voice echoes off the walls of the room and I jump when he moves towards the exit, stopping to give me a reassuring smile and my arm a squeeze.

No, no I don’t want him to go! He can’t leave me alone with ‘them.’ No! But I’m completely silent, watching in horror as he swiftly makes his exit and I’m left alone with…with these strangers.

“Oh god Diane, I know this is a huge shock. You can only imagine how we felt when Justin tracked us down.” My mom states. God, she looks so different, so old. Then again it’s been at least a decade since I’ve seen her. She’s slim just like I remember her in her floral dress. She’s beautiful.

I thought they were dead. It’s what made me go along my day without wanting to contact them, because I would have been devastated if I found out they were indeed six feet deep. But they’re not. They’re standing right in front of me and I can’t even breathe to form words.

“Mom?” I sob, as my tears keep falling like a waterfall. “You…you look so old!” I say and she giggles as she flips back her graying long brown locks.

“That’s what happens with age sweetie.” She smiles and I’m just there, crying like a baby, but I still manage to crack a small smile. “Oh baby, come here.” Finally closing the gap between us, my mom rushes up to me and engulfs me in her arms, holding on for dear life and my resolve completely cracks as I wrap my arms tightly around her , breathing in her scent. “I’ve missed you so much Diane. I prayed for years, asking for any sign that would bring you back to me or bring me to you.” She sniffles and my eyes widen when I take in my dad who’s looking at our reaction with a light smile on his face, his hands stuffed in his jeans pockets.

“I’ve missed you too mom. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry; I should have never left all those years ago. I was so angry with you and dad and...”

“Shhh be quiet Diane. Don’t ever go back. Just focus on now. We’re here now. None of that matters anymore baby." She coos as she pulls away from me before wiping at my tears and I smile shyly.

“I can’t even believe you all are here. I…god it’s just not registering.”

“Well we’re here.” She laughs and my smile brightens instantly. My mom always had an infectious laugh.

“Any room in your heart for your old man too?” My dad smiles and I give my mother one last glance before I rush over to my dad and engulf him in a hug as well. He was never one to show emotions but even now, I can see the glossy shine in his eyes and I know he’s holding back his tears.

“Hey dad.” I breathe out as I hold on to him for a bit before breaking our embrace. “It’s good to see you too.” I whimper and he nods, breathing in deeply.

“You too dandelion.” He chuckles and I grin at my childhood nickname he had for me. He was the biggest goofball.

Taking a step away from them, I continue to glare in awe as I fight to digest their presence. “Wow, well this is…wow. I don’t even know what to say.” If it was even possible, I love Justin even more for doing this for me. He really keeps surprising me.

“Why don’t we sit and start by catching up on all the years lost since we have some time to spare because you’re not getting rid of us again young lady.” My dad jokes and I giggle, allowing him to escort my mom and me to take a sit.

“Yes, because even if your Dad and I are no longer together you’re our common bond, we love you and we don’t want to lose you again Diane.” My mom says softly and I shake my head.

“You won’t…you won’t…” I assure, feeling my heart pounding out of my chest as I sit back and listen intently to what’s been going on with my parents these past years. This is surreal but, I’m welcoming it. Imagine how happy Courtney is going to be to meet them. I know it’s still early but I see no reason now to not keep them around and a part of our lives.

Again, all that keeps going through my mind as my Dad explains to me about his life in New York is how much of a sweetheart Justin is for doing this. Granted I’m a little upset he just threw me in without a paddle like that, I’m grateful.





After that emotional reunion I had with my parents, I have to say that the night is looking up. They didn’t stay for the launching since this is clearly not their scene, but we made plans to meet up the next day. I told them all about Courtney and they’re excited to meet their grandbaby for the first time. I found out my mom lives in England now and is engaged to this English businessman. My dad remarried and has two sons….my half brothers. I can’t even believe it. He lives in New York with his wife who he says is some lawyer. He himself works for this computer firm now so I’m proud of him. I can’t wait to one day meet my brothers though, even there’s a huge age difference, I’d love to get to know them. I’m just happy that we found each other again now and we owe it all to Justin.

When I told my mom and dad bye, I made my way up to VIP to join Justin and his 'people' before our call to head back stage was made.

When I got up there Hugh was there with his bunnies and so was Ronnie, Jacob and even that reporter Edwina who manages to keep a civilized relationship with Justin even if he tends to curse her out sometimes when she irritates him. I’d say they’ve made progress. He no longer threatens her.

After I greeted them, I took a seat next to Justin making sure to thank him for what he did for me tonight before he resumed his conversation with Hugh.

I’ve been silent ever since, still engrossed with seeing my parents again face to face after all this time. I swear I’m not digesting any of it. Maybe when I see them again, it will kick in that none of this is a dream that I’m going to wake up from.

I miss Justin’s mom too. She’s been so amazing with Courtney and Courtney loves her and Katie. She usually comes out to visit us whenever she can get away from her busy life back in California. I’m glad though that they’re a part of our lives now too because they’ve been nothing but supportive. Plus, I’m going to convince Justin for us to take a trip down to California to visit them. I haven’t forgotten about my dream of living down by the sea since I’ve been surrounded by the dessert most of my life. It would be a good change and maybe later on, I can convince Justin to move our little family out there for good…

Snapping my head up when the DJ calls out to Justin and me over his system, telling us that we’re needed backstage, I feel Justin grip my hand before he stands and I follow suit.

“You ready for this baby?” He inquires and I gaze into his blues, feeling a sense of elation take over.

“You bet.” I state enthusiastically.

“Ok, then let’s get down there and introduce Club Blush to the world.” Justin chuckles and I smile before we excuse ourselves from the small group up in the VIP section to make our way down the stairs, towards the stage.

I always wondered what life would have been like if I never stepped foot inside of Justin’s establishment all those years ago, but now, I’ve come to realize that I couldn’t picture my life without him or my little girl in it.

So, in the end, I’d say everything happened the way it was supposed to…



*****
Hours later…

Back at Justin’s Estate…




I never felt such a rush like being up on that stage with Justin tonight as not just the co-owner of the new nightclub but as his fiancé. It was amazing and our speech went over smoothly thank god. It was one hell of a ride but I loved all of it.

After the club was officially launched with the media present to capture the event on camera, the girls came out with a small dance number before the rest of the night’s festivities was left to the DJ who really busted out the tracks as everyone got wild on the dance floor.

It was all amazing and even I had a blast dancing with Justin and our friends. But it’s been a long ass day and I’m extremely tired.

It’s no surprise that Justin brought the party home though.

I mean, there’s a crazy pool party going on right now downstairs but I’m no where near it. I’m actually up in Justin’s room, laying down on his bed in my clubbing outfit since I’m just too damn lazy and tired to change yet. And guess what? Justin is right there lying next to me, breathing deeply as he grips around my waist, holding me in place against his chest. You’d think he’d be a good host and actually make an appearance at his own pool party but alas, he had the same thoughts of getting away like I did.

“This day needs to end and soon.” I laugh out knowing that we’re not going to get any sleep tonight until the last soul leaves. That could mean daybreak. I’m not looking forward to that.

“Yeah, well at least we’re alone now. The opening was a success so I’m happy about that.” Justin yawns lightly and I nod against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

“I can’t thank you enough for finding my parents Justin. I would have never had the balls to do what you did.” I admit and I hear him hum softly in response.

“Everyone deserves a second chance Di.” He explains and I nod in agreement. He’s right. Even if my parents weren’t the best and I disliked my dad for breaking up our happy home and my mom for being so stupid it wasn’t their entire fault. Shit happens and it’s how you deal with the obstacles life dishes out that's the most important thing.

Fiddling idly with the necklace and diamond pendant around my neck, Justin lets out another yawn and I sigh against him before shutting my eyes, just relishing in the moment.

“I wish my dad was here to see all of this.” Justin says sadly.

“I’m sure he knows and he’s proud of you.” I assure him.

“Yeah…” he breathes out.

When silence consumes us for a few minutes as we both remain deep in thought, I take in a deep breath deciding to end the peaceful quietness between us.



“Hey Justin?” I call out to him before my eyes flutter open and I lean up to look at him. Bending his head to look at me, he passes his hands through my locks with a tired smile on his face.

“What’s on your mind?” He asks knowingly, and I begin fidgeting and squirming, trying to get more comfortable.

“I uh, have something to tell you.” I begin but stop when I see his smile widen. Furrowing my brows when he chuckles lightly I’m wondering what’s so funny.

“Let me guess…you’re pregnant?” He blurts out and I gasp in shock, my eyes widening in the process.

“Wha…”

“It’s ok Di. I know. I’ve known for a while now, I was just waiting for you to tell me.” He chuckles and I blow out air before rolling my eyes. Well, he just killed my surprise. So much for building the courage to tell him.

“How did you know?” I ask stunned.

“Well when your doctor called to schedule your next appointment and you weren’t there to take the call I took it. I’d say I’ve known for a little over a week now. Ron was suspecting that you were too but I never justified his suspicions. Not until you decided to tell me.” He beams and I can’t help but laugh now.

“You sneaky bastard.” I poke at his sides and he shifts beneath me, trying to move away from my attacks.

“Hey quit it!” Justin chortles. “Why do you think I don’t want you drinking? But for what it’s worth, I think that’s amazing and granted I was shocked speechless on the phone with your doctor, I’m over it now. Oh which reminds me, your next appointment is at the end of next week.”

Blushing massively, I bow my head, playing with my engagement band and Justin smirks as he continues to study me intently.

“How far along are you?”

“About a month now.” I admit.

“Uh huh and when exactly were you going to tell me?” He states accusingly.

“Uh soon?” I voice and he shakes his head still smiling before he diverts his attention to the ceiling.

“Well I hope it’s a boy because I’m not looking for Courtney to grow up as no little ‘pimpette’ if she takes this business over.” Justin muses and I giggle.

“Yeah uh huh, you’d be too busy intimidating guys and trying to get them away from her.” I state in all seriousness and Justin groans.

“Don’t even remind me that she’s growing up. I swear, I’ll shoot the poor bastards if they even step foot unto my estate, much less for trying to get with my baby.” And the scary part is I know he’s dead serious.

God, Courtney is going to have a difficult teenage life with her father around. I can just see the arguments and fighting between those two already. I can’t wait! She really is a daddy’s girl.

“You’re going to make her hate you Justin.” I point out.

“With good reason. Is it illegal if I oh I don’t know, locked her up away from the outside world until she was like in her twenties or something?”

“Yes! Oh my god, you’re terrible.” I cackle and he simply shrugs.

“I’m not looking forward to her growing up Di.” Justin sighs and aw he’s too cute.

“That’s life babe.” I mention.

“Yeah, yeah but I’m not making any promises about shooting those hormonal horny little dicks if they so much as watch Court the wrong way.” He says in an irritated tone.

“Ok, enough. You still have some years above her so don’t worry about it now.” I try to calm him down because I don’t want him getting worked up over this.

We both know that day is going to come when Courtney and the little one growing inside of me won’t need us anymore. It’s the burden of every parent who has to tell their children goodbye so they can be on their own. If we’re lucky, we won’t have to worry about ours once we raise them right.

Rubbing his palms over my belly softly, Justin bends down to place a light kiss on my forehead.

“I don’t know about you, but fuck the people who are here partying out by the pool. They can find their way home. I’m not going down there tonight.” Justin confesses.

“You read my mind.” I yawn lightly. “But, I was thinking we could, you know make a party up here of our own.” I add in before I sit up until I’m straddling his waist.

Giving me a curious stare, Justin grips my waist tightly, groaning deeply when I begin moving on top of him to situate myself properly, the friction between us already causing the bulge in his pants to grow. Leaning down to kiss him passionately, I moan slightly when he deepens the kiss, snaking his tongue out to battle with mine.

“We should definitely have our own party.” He mumbles against my lips and I giggle despite myself before he flips us over so he’s hovering as he nestles himself between my legs. Pulling away to gaze into my browns, Justin smiles affectionately at me while giving my sides a light squeeze.
“God I love you, and I’m so lucky to have you here with me Di. You have no idea now grateful I am.” He coos and I slick my palm over his cheek, loving the warm stare he’s giving me.

“I feel the same way Justin. I love you too.” I whisper before leaning up to kiss his full pink lips again. “Now shut up and make love to me.” I instruct and he chuckles lightly, but judging from the anticipation and excitement shining through his orbs, I know that he’s going to do just that.

“You know, that’s how we ended up with baby number two if I’m not mistaken.” He jokes and I roll my eyes.

Smacking his chest playfully, I just shrug saying… “You don’t hear me complaining do you Justin?” causing his eyes to widen.

Bending his head to kiss lightly on my neck, he growls in response as our breathing deepens “No, no I don’t…and I’m not complaining either baby. Never…” He snickers and I laugh, getting lost in his gentle intoxicating kisses and touches.

Knowing that we have a long way to go still in building a solid foundation together in order to withstand whatever may come our way, I’m not scared for us anymore. I’m not scared because we’re not alone. We have people around us who care and love us and if all else fail, I have solace in knowing that Justin and I will always have each other… no matter what...through thick and thin.

*THE END*


End Notes:

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=597