Digital Strings Attached by Mariawritesagain
Summary:

When Georgia finally came face to face with the guy she met online at a famous boyband group chat, she never expected who it could be, never in her wildest dreams. But their secret relationship needs to surpass trials such as the latter's blooming relationship with a famous singer, college life and time.

A Justin Timberlake fanfiction.


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No Word count: 29050 Read: 637 Published: Nov 28, 2023 Updated: Feb 21, 2024

1. Prologue by Mariawritesagain

2. Chapter 1 by Mariawritesagain

3. Chapter 2 by Mariawritesagain

4. Chapter 3 by Mariawritesagain

5. Chapter 4 by Mariawritesagain

6. Chapter 5 by Mariawritesagain

7. Chapter 6 by Mariawritesagain

8. Chapter 7 by Mariawritesagain

9. Chapter 8 by Mariawritesagain

10. Chapter 9 by Mariawritesagain

11. Chapter 10 by Mariawritesagain

12. Chapter 11 by Mariawritesagain

13. Chapter 12 by Mariawritesagain

14. Chapter 13 by Mariawritesagain

15. Chapter 14 by Mariawritesagain

16. Chapter 15 by Mariawritesagain

17. Chapter 16 by Mariawritesagain

18. Chapter 17 by Mariawritesagain

19. Chapter 18 by Mariawritesagain

20. Chapter 19 by Mariawritesagain

Prologue by Mariawritesagain

MARCH 21, 2000


"..brrrrrriiiiiinngggggggg." The incessant sound of the alarm clock made Georgia to open her still-heavy, closed-lid eyes on a Tuesday morning. Eyes still half-closed, she jumped out of bed and readied herself for a bathe and breakfast afterward. Her mom wouldn't let her go to school with an empty stomach. Especially not on the day before her birthday. 


"Georgieeeeeeeeeee!" her best friend Jovie squealed with delight upon seeing her first thing in the morning at the school grounds. Jovie ran up to her and she met her halfway,  curious on what was making her best friend so elated on a school day, well, besides the fact that it's her birthday tomorrow, "What's going on?" she asked while the both of them stride past the school's enormous gymnasium.


Jovie looked at her wide-eyed. "You haven't got any idea?", asked Jovie, arms crossed and with eyebrows furrowed.  


She nodded in agreement, "Nada." Georgia literally has no clue what was making her best friend incredibly joyous at this time. It was not typical of her to be acting like this. Jovie is more the serious and reserved type, the opposite of Georgia. It was like seeing herself shriek with excitement every time she sees Justin on the television (e.g. music videos, interviews, shows, and whatnot)----- wait, what?? It suddenly registered to her. No other guys can make Jovie this thrilled. She let out a big gasp, her eyes widened just the thought of it, "What's new? It's NSYNC, right?!! Are they  going on tour??"  


"YESS!" answered Jovie. Next thing they knew, they were shrilling in unison, jumping up and down, hands clasped together like children playing and winning a game, yes, in the middle of the school ground. It didn't matter to them that other students looked at them with judgment and confusion. That's how they were, they had a world of their own when it came to their most loved boyband at that time, NSYNC. 


As it turned out, the new album No Strings Attached was released that day along with the announcement of the start of the band's tour. Yep! "What a great way to start the day before my birthday!" Georgia exclaimed happily, both of them still ecstatic as they made their way to first period. 



Chapter 1 by Mariawritesagain

It had been weeks after her best friend broke the news to her about the upcoming concert. Georgia still couldn't believe she missed NSYNC's No Strings Attached tour announcement on MTV. Like, how? She was always watching the top charts waiting for their "Bye, Bye, Bye" to be played.  Though it was leaked on AOL before, she was waiting for the final announcement.


Hmmm, maybe it's because I was preoccupied with all these graduation things, she thought, and the college applications you have to send, she talked to herself as she lay on her bed full of pillows and stuffed toys, reminding her of what needs to be done first so that her parents would let her go to the concert with Jovie and the latter's elder brother, Frank. Her parents will allow her to go under some conditions and that includes: no absences, not even tardy until the final week of class (she's always late on first period) and college applications must be sent before graduation. So easy. Yeah, especially the tardiness! 


She walked across her room and turned on her computer, decided to finally finish the essay for her History class and to edit her applications that were still on draft. She raised and stretched her arms, took a deep breath, and cheered herself, "Let's finish this today, Georgieee!"  Halfway through her essay, she heard their phone rang downstairs, "ringgg, ringgg, ringgg."


"Georgie, get the phone!" her mom from the other room yelled. "I'm on my ess--", she wanted to reason out but stopped mid-sentence. She must be super cool, nice, and extra obedient these days if she wants to get her hands on those concert tickets.  "OH, of course!" she mumbled under her breath while running down the stairs. 


"Hell--" she was gasping for air due to running as she picked up the receiver of the telephone that was hanging on their wall but was immediately interrupted by the voice on the other line. "Georgie!"


"Jovie?!" Georgia exclaimed. "Why are you calling from here and not on my cellular phone? You know I had to run down here just to get this phone call while I'm doing my essay, which is one of my mom's conditions for me to get a ticket" and let out a sigh of exasperation. 


"I'm sorry, I ran out of minutes, so need to call from the phone", Jovie answered.


"Huh? Who you've been calling?" most of the time, Georgia is clueless as to what's keeping Jovie busy. They are childhood best friends, but Jovie still surprises her with her actions at times. 


"I've been calling radio stations and MTV to request their song, you freak" Jovie replied with a peal of laughter. She found it cute that her best friend, who despises boys will go the extra mile just for the five guys. They were both giggling when Jovie said, "So here's the thing, tickets will go out on sale next week, first week of May and it is thought to be sold out in minutes. Also, we need to secure plane tickets to New York by June and then hotel accommodation after. You think we can make that?"


"We will", Georgia responded firmly, making sure that her words would be marked. Although, she really wasn't sure how. What with the airfare tickets and hotel accommodation being pricey enough, concert tickets is fairly costly as well. And for them, as high school students, it is ceiling-high. "Right,"  Jovie replied, sounding unsure of her best friend's affirmation. If they will rely solely on their parent's money, it wouldn't be so much of a problem, but they both wanted to chip in for some of the costings.


By dinner, she was able to print her essay and secure it in her expanded folder so she wouldn't forget to bring it tomorrow, Monday morning. "How's your application going?" her father asked while picking up a pork chop from the serving plate. They were all seated at their dining table, except for her youngest brother who was already done and now playing in the living room. She was seated next to her Mother and across her two younger sisters; one toying her food and the other savoring it. 


"I'm done sending three applications a while ago. Hopefully, the results will come back good before graduation." Georgia responded politely, thinking of a way on how to tell her father she needed extra money for the plane ticket and accommodation, aside from the concert tickets.  She already talked to her Mom about it before her Father arrived home and was told to ask her Father if he can still provide for the plane tickets or she'll have to work her ass off with babysitting to come up with such an amount. Georgia grew in an affluent family,  her Father used to work as a seafarer and now owns a construction company while her Mom works part-time in the City Office as a clerk. Georgia and her siblings are all being well provided for, most of the time, it is even more than enough. But, Georgia finds it kind of embarrassing to ask for such a big amount like this, especially knowing that they will be spending a big chunk of money on college tuition. 


"Dad?" she started while looking at her Mom sideways, her mom giving her a push. Her Father looked up at her from eating his rice and viand, "I may have to spend more, I-I mean, I need a plane ticket to New York and accommodation for me to go to the concert!" she blurted it out fast. There I said it. Please, please, Dad. Help your baby out! , she was begging and screaming inside her mind while waiting for her Father to answer. 


Her Dad creased his forehead while having a bite and chewing his food, He then gave Georgia a look, and stared at her before saying, "Okay, but make sure we'll be receiving positive results from your College applications, all on me by then." Georgia let out a scream and stood up to hug his Father and kissed both of her parents. "Thank you, Mom and Dad. I promise I'll be babysitting Amir until he's high school!" she added jokingly. Her parents laughed at her joke. 


"I wanna go too!" her 10-year-old sister Gia who also loves listening to the boyband and developing a baby crush on JC chimed in. "Oh, maybe next time when you grow up a little. For now, I'll just send your kisses to JC. So, give me smackeroos! " she planted kisses on her sister's cheeks which made her sister ran from her.  Their house is a little messy at times because of her younger siblings and they may have a huge age gap but, it didn't stop her from goofing around with them every day.


Monday gone by quickly. Luckily for her, she was able to submit her essay on time. Both she and Jovie had no more school obligations to comply at all except, of course, their college applications. She was met by Jovie at the entrance of their school, who was waiting there for her and they both walked home under the warm winds of April Spring. Their houses were just a few blocks away from each other and a walking distance from Seattle High. They always both enjoy their short walk home rather than having Jovie's brother to come fetch them up and give them a ride home.


"I'm going to miss this when we go to College", Georgia said in a sad, low voice as they turned to a curb near Jovie's Victorian house.


Jovie looked at her, almost grinning, "You're not gonna cry right now, are you?" then eyed her. "You silly, there's a huge chance we will be in the same University or College! We're gonna be in the same program as well and even if we don't, we still get to go home every school break. Then there's AOl or we will always ring each other up!", Jovie said, consoling her. This is always what it is like between the both of them.  They were friends and have been inseparable since 2nd Grade.


"Oh, I don't know. It's not gonna be the same without having you around school or at class. Who's gonna put me into daydream whenever I want to be with Justin in the middle of having lunch in the cafeteria?", Georgia replied jokingly and they both let out a chuckle. 


Tuesday night, she was staring blankly at her computer screen, waiting for it to Ding!  and for a chat to pop up. Fifteen minutes passed. and another thirty minutes, no, nothing, no chat at all.  She decided to put NSYNC's disc in her portable discman and I Want You Back started blaring from its speaker.  She proceeded to have her night shower as the music continued to fill her room. Why hasn't he chatted for like 2 weeks already? He's not even online. Okay, why would I even care? He's just someone I've been chatting with for like quite some time. Like I don't really know him personally, duh! Georgia convinced herself as she was scrubbing her arms under the shower. But deep inside her, she was really wondering as to what had happened to the guy she met at the NSYNC AOL group chat and had been having late-night conversations over chat the past weeks before she got busy with school and got occupied with the upcoming concert.


Before she changed into night pyjamas, she checked her computer screen one last time but to no avail. The poor guy's chat status says AWAY. "'kay, done waiting. I won't initiate it either. Night to you!", she told her computer, as if the guy was just right there in front of her and she was talking to him.  She grumpily tucked herself into bed and immediately fell asleep. 


In her dreams, she was lounged on her cozy chair, in front of her computer, having a great time and busily chatting with the guy. The next thing she knew, she was with Justin inside a stadium, whispering inaudible words to each other...



Chapter 2 by Mariawritesagain

Weekdays had rolled by quickly. It's a bright Saturday spring morning and Georgia and her family went out for some brunch, and some errands at The Bon Marche for some grocery shopping for essentials. Her Mom and Amir were at the crackers and biscuits aisle, her father was roaming around the hardware section looking for some of his tools while she and her two sisters were at the girls' toys' section, her two sisters enjoyingly picking some stuff for their Barbie dolls and baby alive. Stuff like this doesn't bore Georgia, at her age she still enjoys going with her sisters while they buy their toys. 


She was looking through the display of different tiny clothes and shoes for Barbie dolls when her Nokia 3210 chimed and a text notification from Jovie appeared:


"Hey, where you at?"


She fidgeted on the keypad and sent a reply, "Out here at Bon Marche's"


"I'm outside your house, shall I wait for you? Let's go to Jive Time"


"Okay," she sent a quick reply.  She looked around for her parents so she could ask them to come home already. She's really not in the mood to go out after but she needed bestie time with her best friend, it will at least, take her mind off that MrSmoothguy from the chatroom. 


She found Jovie slumped against the cushion at their porch as they pulled up in the parking lot of their Dutch Colonial House.  She looked as though she had fallen asleep while waiting for Georgia. "About time!", she joked Georgia. "Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Saunders", she greeted Georgia's parents.


"Where you girls up to?" Georgia's mother asked while opening the front door. 


"Jive's. We'll just be quick. Frank will drive us home." Jovie answered politely. 


"Okay. Be home by 7. Take care and ring us up if you need a ride home" Mr. Saunders reminded the girls. Both girls nodded their heads, bid goodbye, and started walking to get a cab. It's just a ten-minute drive to Jive's store. 


Jovie kept on talking for at least three to five minutes about buying the new album and how is it that the tickets are still not on sale, blah blah blah. She just listened to half of what she said and told her she might be buying the album as well later. They rode in silence for the next five minutes until they reached Jive's. But thoughts came running inside her mind again. The reason she prefers staying after their errand is so she can check her AOL messenger if there's a chat coming from MrSmoothguy. She also does not understand herself, how invested she is in a guy whom she hasn't met yet and talked to personally. In spite of the distance and being strangers to both, they share a lot of stories, she feels really comfortable talking to him about everything under the sun, stuff she also shares with her best friend, but, this one feels different. She can also talk to him about her 'major-crush/minor-obsession' thing with Justin Timberlake, most guys would definitely laugh at her but,  MrSmoothguy never did.


 If he still won't chat me up this week, I WILL NEVER! she screamed inside her mind while strolling inside Jive's. Little did she know, her frustration registered on her face and it had not gone unnoticed by her best friend. 


"Hey, you don't look okay." Jovie stated.


Georgia came to her senses. "I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" she mumbled, hoping that she sounded convincing. She felt a twinge of guilt for not telling her best friend about this guy. She's dying to tell her but a part of her also knows that her best friend will disapprove of her chatting with some strangers online. Jovie is at times as protective as her mother, it's like she has found an elder sister in her. But sometimes, Georgia, as stubborn as she is, just wants to have her way.


"Not sure."Jovie shrugged her shoulders and then turned to pull out two discs from the rack. "But I'm certain these will lighten you up," she said while holding two No Strings Attached album. "And some posters, perhaps?" she said with excitement in her voice.


"YESS!" they both squealed giddily then quieted down after noticing they caught some people's attention inside the store once again. 


Frank, Jovie's older brother picked them up outside Jive's at 5:30 and started driving them home. The moment Frank saw what their paper bags had inside, he started making a face, "Oh here they are again. Another songs I'll be hearing inside your room non-stop!" he mocked Jovie, Georgia just laughed at Frank's whining. The Ong's house is a Victorian style and is a picturesque of a mansion, with its six bedrooms and high ceilings. Jovie's bedroom is just adjacent to her brother Frank's bedroom, so he can definitely hear whenever Jovie's having a blast inside her room. Marco, the eldest, stays on the far end of the second floor, so he probably doesn't have problems with it. 


"Suit yourself, 'cause you'll definitely will!" Jovie snapped back. One thing about her best friend Jovie, you can trust her to fighting with words, she can ruin her enemy in a snap. Georgia just sat in the backseat listening and laughing at the two. The only time the two stopped bickering with each other was when they were ordering foods at the drive-thru. 


Finally, SILENCE, Georgia whispered at herself while grinning. 


They got home an hour early for their curfew, well, not really a curfew. Her parents were always lenient when it came to curfews and schedules, she never had a hard time asking for their permission and was always free to go to bed at any time so long as she would be able to wake up and be at school on time the next day. She stayed for dinner even though she brought home take-out foods for all of them. Her Mom instructed them to partake of what was on the table first and just have those fries and burgers afterward as a snack. Of course, Amir was allowed to indulge on small portions of fries while having dinner. Oh to be the youngest! 


"Who is MrSmoothguy?", her sister Genevieve asked with an inquisitive look on her face, her thick eyebrows crossed and her deep black eyes stared at her without a blink.


Georgia turned to her sister with a slight shock on her face as they were hanging out in her sisters' bedroom, Gia and Genevieve share a bedroom. She glared at her sister, "WHAT??"  she asked in a firm voice, although at the back of her mind, she already knew. Her 6-year-old sister, Genevieve is at times sneaky and likes to go through her things, which irritates Georgia but what can she do to a toddler? 


Gia's eyes widened and covered her mouth then burst while giggling, "She went inside your room while you were out."  


"No, YOU didn't!" Georgia snarled at the little Genevieve who showed neither sign of fear nor guilt. She walked out of her sister's room stomping her feet towards her room at the middle of their second floor. Truth is, as piqued as she was at her sister being nosey, she was galvanized to check her AOL messages at that moment. 


"Gia. I just said HI", Georgia heard Genevieve's low voice halfway through the hall. 


Oh, Myy!! Georgia thought. 


And voila! There it was. The chat popped up as soon as she turned on her computer.


MrSmoothguy: "Hey, I'm back."


Justinsgirl (Georgia, who, by the way, was Genevieve at that time): "Hi" 


MrSmoothguy: "What's up? what did I miss?"


                          "Hey, you there?"


                          "Are you busy?"


                           "I'm sorry for the past three weeks, I've been very busy. Talk to me"


                           "I'll wait, baby"


Huh? 'baby', huh?  Georgia thought, She felt relieved of her sister's short reply, making it look like she was uninterested. Good job then, Genevieve, she Congratulated her little brat of a sister inside her mind. She then began typing.


Justinsgirl: "Hello, sorry I just got back home again.". 


MrSmoothguy: "Finally, haha!"


WOW! That was fast!, Georgia thought happily as the guy's reply did not take not even thirty seconds.


Justinsgirl: "Finally? Well, it was you, who have been missing lately. Your status says AWAY all the time" 


MrSmoothguy: "Yeah, There's a lot that needs to be done here. I'm just having my downtime right now 'till tomorrow."


Justinsgirl: "Busy with what? School?"


MrSmoothguy: "Kinda. and some other stuff too."


Justinsgirl: "Stuff like what? You wanna tell me about it?"


MrSmoothguy: "Yeah, I wish I could."


Justinsgirl: "Why can't you?" Then she remembered it's his right to not share it though and doesn't want him to get the impression that she's crossing the line. 


                          "Never mind, it's totally fine if you don't want to talk about it. By the way, Do you already have the album? I just got  mine today!" Georgia asked, quickly changing the topic. 


MrSmoothguy: "Thanks. And it's just some basic stuff that we normally do, so nothing much to talk about. The new album? Yeah, have it rrrrrright here! still unopened and crisp. haha."


Jutinsgirl: "Haha! I bet it's your brother who made you buy it." Georgia typed while laughing, knowing that it was MrSmoothguy's younger brother who was the original NSYNC fan and the one who made his account to join the AOL chat so he could poke fun at him. 


                          "Nathan, right?"


MrSmoothguy: "Yeah, silly Nathan! Well, thanks to him, I'm enjoying this here! haha, the joke's on him."


Justinsgirl: "You bet! Those silly younger siblings and the things they do and make us do! haha!." Georgia typed while laughing. Actually, both of them were smiling or laughing in front of their computers. Georgia felt like a heavy feeling was lifted deep within her, she suddenly felt lighter. MrSmoothguy felt relaxed after weeks of rehearsals and guesting in between, to which of course, is unknown to Georgia. 


MrSmoothguy: "So you have any plans? are you going to the tour- I mean, concert?"


Justinsgirl: "Of course. Both me and my best friend would not miss it for the world! Are you coming to see it with your brother?"


MrSmoothguy:" Us too, will definitely not miss it!"


Justinsgirl: "Thought you're not a fan?! hahahaha"


MrSmoothguy: "I am also certain that I'm not. Urgh! Those boy bands! Who likes them?"


Justinsgirl:" You might want to take those words back hahaha"


MrSmoothguy:  "Schkiddin"


Justinsgirl: "Not funny, though" 


MrSmoothguy: "Come on, I was just teasing you."


                                "Hey"


                                "You mad?"


Moment of silence, no chat alarm, and an air of awkwardness as Georgia slumped in her cozy chair, holding her laughter. Ha-Ha! Gotcha! , she thought. 


Justinsgirl:" Haha. No, I'm not. Was just getting back at you!"


MrSmoothguy: "It's tearin' up my heart"


Justinsgirl: "Huh??"


                       "........when I'm with you. But when we are apart, I feel it too. And no matter what I do, I feel the pain", she went along the moment she got it. 


Both laughing, Georgia suddenly remembered about the tickets. 


Justinsgirl: "Hey, I wonder why the tickets haven't been out on sale yet. When do you think can we get it?"


MrSmoothguy: "It should have been out this week but, there's just some stuff that needs to be ironed out, I think."


Justinsgirl: "You think so?"


MrSmoothguy: "Yeah. I have a very reliable source from here. Kiddin'."


Justinsgirl: "Where do you plan on going? You're from Memphis, right? Is there a scheduled show there?"


Mr.Smoothguy: "Yup. They have. But, we're currently In Florida right now. How about you? There's a scheduled show also in Washington."


Justinsgirl: "Yeah, so we heard. We're leaning into watching them in Madison Square."


MrSmoothguy: "What?? That's one long hell of a plane ride! Why is that?"


Justinsgirl: "Well, I will be with my best friend. I don't wanna go see the concert alone. They'll be having a visit to their Father's firm at that time, so we figured we'll just watch from there."


MrSmoothguy: "Okay. Guess, I'll just see you there."


Justinsgirl: "Haha! Yeah, see you when I see you. Let's call it a night. Chat me tomorrow or shall I be rejoicing from your absence again? JK"


MrSmoothguy: "Haha. Hopefully, I still have time tomorrow. Do you mind giving me your personal deets? Like name, address, and number? Just in case I wanna ring you up?"


Justinsgirl: "My digits? Sure. Though I'm not sure as to why you'll be needing my address for? Haha!"


MrSmoothguy: "Never mind the address, I know it's not safe. You might think I'm a weirdo. I just thought of sending you something, maybe before we meet or before the concert." 


Justinsgirl: "Hmmmm, reasonable enough. Okay, I'll send you my digits first. Night?"


MrSmoothguy: "Night. Don't think about me too much. JK"


                                "Or I might be the one to lie awake. I drive myself crazy. Drive myself crazy. Thinking of you."


Justinsgirl: "Haha! Not so smooth, MrSmooth! Nightiee"


With that, Georgia crashed into her bed, and tucked herself to sleep with a smile pasted on her pretty face. Well, both of them did. 



Chapter 3 by Mariawritesagain

"Bad news." Jovie greeted her in despair as she opened the door of their lavish house and let Georgia inside. 


"You've got to be kidding me," Georgia replied in anguish as she stepped inside the marbled floor of the entrance of the Ong's house, fully anticipating what Jovie was about to say. 


Jovie just nodded her head sideways, shrugged her shoulders, and muttered, "It's sold out! ". Georgia, speechless, followed her best friend as she led her towards the living room where her brothers were both there, one engrossed in the Piano at the corner, the other slumped on one of their luxurious divan couch, reading a magazine. 


Georgia looked at her friend's face, not uttering a single word, studying her best friend's face. Then turned to look at Marco, his stoic expression was not giving any assurance or confirmation to Georgia. She then walked towards the grand Piano where Frank was seated and playing a piece. "Frank?" she asked him hopefully. 


Frank looked up at her, his reaction was questioning Georgia. "Come on. Were you not really able to get tickets? You promised us you will help", Georgia told Frank, stopping her tears. 


Frank burst into laughter, and so did Jovie. "It"s all settled, you crybaby!" Frank yelled at her.


"That's hilarious! You're about to cry.!" Jovie stated in between her laughter. 


"You guys! You almost got me!" Georgia replied as she sat down, feeling relieved. 


"They really got you. You should have seen the look on your face.", Marco butted in, also letting out a chuckle. 


She stayed for dinner at Jovie's house with her parents' approval, provided that either Marco or Frank would walk or drive her home, or if could not, she had to call her Dad so he could come pick her up. "We got good seats! I can now imagine what I'll do when Lance walks past me near the stage!" Frank said with enthusiasm. Looks like they got the second high-priced tickets.


"You're suddenly a fan." Georgia state while having a bite of her pizza.


Jovie elbowed her and said, "He is! Just can't admit it at first." Frank rolled his eyes at his sister, Jovie stared back. The typical and never-ending bickering of the two can not be stopped by their mother's presence. 


She was about to lean on the table to help herself with a soda and another slice of pizza when her cellular phone text notification went on. Ooops! she thought. She slid her phone under the table over her lap to take a peek because Mrs. Ong, Jovie's mother has a strict no cell phone rule during dinner.  She was able to open the message still but plans on texting back later. 


It's from an unregistered number and it says:


:Hi! Just wanna let you know I'm back in Memphis"


"Who's back in Memphis?" Jovie whispered.


"Jesus Christ, Jovie!" she whispered back. She was startled catching Jovie peeking at her text as well. Or more like, she was startled that she was caught by her best friend.


Georgia blanked out, not knowing what to answer. Jovie widened her eyes at her and asked again. "Care to share, Georgieeee?" 


"I'll explain later,"  she answered backsmiling sheepishly at her best friend. 


As she hit the bed, she started explaining to Jovie over text what had been happening with her and a certain MrSmoothguy. Of course, Jovie did not take it lightly, saying she was hurt that she was unaware of her best friend's 'shenanigans' as she quoted. They did not end the night on a good note. Georgia was hoping she could fix it tomorrow. 


Her: "Hey, is this Smoothguy?"-- sent


She then started to reply to the unregistered number. Though she was certain it was him, she still wanted to be sure. But there was no reply for ten minutes. Curled up in her soft bed, an idea popped up in her mind, "Call him, you weirdo!". She sat up from her bed, rested her head on the headboard, and hesitantly pressed the call button. As tensed and timid as she was, an excitement rushed over her as well. This will be the first time that they'll be speaking over the phone, that is if he answers. 


She listened to the ringing on the other line while biting her lower lips. "Pls Answer.", she thought. Then the ringing finally came to a stop, Georgia felt her blood rushing to her face, her heart pounding hard. "He-llo?", she said in an unsure voice and almost like a whisper. But, she was answered by a loud noise from the other side. It was as if there was a party going on, loud music was playing in the background. 


"Hello?", she repeated, now in a louder voice. There was still no answer from the other end of the line. Now, she can hear voices from somewhat like a crowd of people, as if screaming excitedly. What's happening? confused, she stayed on the line to listen. Some people yelling, "Ready? Lift 1.2.." can be heard and then it became inaudible again before the call was dropped.


"He must be out partying with friends, you stupid!", Georgia pondered and scolded herself while reclining herself to bed to doze off. 


Meanwhile, NSYNC was out performing at their May 12th No Strings Attached tour at Pyramid Arena in Memphis, TN. 



Chapter 4 by Mariawritesagain

"So, shall we go for cocktail dress? or maxi?", Jovie asked Georgia as she took a bite of her hot dog sandwich at a hotdog stand, as if no quarrel had happened between them in the past week.


"Cocktail for me," Georgia replied while in between chewing her own sandwich and dabbing a tissue at the corners of her mouth. 


Days have rolled by after Georgia made a confession to her best friend about her little online chatting secret resulting in Jovie's sulking for a few days, thus resulting in her muting Georgia whenever the latter tries to apologize to her.  A little tiff won't hurt the two, they grew up having a number of those, yet still choose to be the best of friends. They knew exactly when to cease and fire. 


"Absolutely. Okay, let's just hope there are still good dresses left for us." Jovie stated, raised both her eyebrows, and grinned. Seattle High's Senior High Commencement is approaching in a week and the two are just getting ready to prepare for it. They started their walk towards Pacific Place in search of their outfit and accessories. 


The next afternoon, she received a text from Smoothguy telling her to check her AOL inbox stating that he had sent her a picture. WOW! Could it be a picture of him this time? Hmm, maybe I should send him one too? , Georgia ruminated. She scrambled through her bag, checking if she had her digital camera with her as she made her way through the lobby of their school for her last period. Urgh! Great timing, I forgot it at home.  she thought. 


"'Kay, I'm excited. What could it be this time? "--- SENT.  They have been exchanging pictures over AOL in the past month, but never did Smoothguy sent her a picture of him. Never once. He sends her random pictures like the view of where he is, some stadium and arenas, foods he eats, and clothes he wears, she mocks him sometimes for the choice of his clothes. Like why would someone wear super baggy pants with different colored vests on a regular day? Georgia laughed at her thoughts.  In return, Georgia sends him pictures at school as well, her activities, and snacks and she managed to send him one picture of her, not minding the dangerousness at all. Yeah, Georgia the risk taker. 


1 Message:


"haha. You'll love it." followed by another text. 


"Got to go. We'll be on the bus in a while"


On the bus? Where is this guy going again? Georgia was about to reply but stopped. Hmmm, hold your horses, Georgia. You don't need to ask, she contemplated.  What is he? She recalled the places he told her he had been in the past months. Going back and forth from Tennessee to Florida, Arizona, Georgia, Los Angeles, and even went to Canada. 


She dashed upstairs to her bedroom as soon as she got home, almost tripping on the flock of their stairs and knocking over her Mom's vase at the bottom side rails. "Georgieee!!" her mom hollered at her.


"Oops! Sorry, Mom!" Georgia answered almost out of breath. Once inside her room, she immediately turned on her computer and opened her AOL. Lo and behold! There was a picture of NSYNC's complete set of newly released Marionette Dolls!


Justinsgirl: "Wow! Have you already got your hands on those? I'm jealous! Haha"


MrSmoothguy: "Haha yup. Don't be. It's not mine."


Justinsgirl: "Nathan? Wow, just wow."


MrSmoothguy: "By the way, what date will you be watching?", he asked, obviously ignoring Georgia's last statement. 


Justinsgirl: "We got the 26th date. But we'll fly on the 25th."


MrSmoothguy: "'kay, I'll see you then."


Justinsgirl: "You and Nathan will be watching from there as well?"


MrSmoothguy: "Kinda, yeah. Also, I'll be sending you some stuff. Might be there in a week or so."


Justinsgirl: "Huh? What is it?" she asked, bewildered as to what those stuff might possibly be and why is he sending her stuff. 


MrSmoothguy: "It's a little surprise." was his short response then quickly changed the topic. They chatted until Smoothguy mentioned that he had to take a power nap before his event later tonight. 


Always on the go. Such a tireless guy, Georgia presumed. 



Chapter 5 by Mariawritesagain

The Speaker had just concluded a thirty-minute speech for the Graduates of Seattle High and the Principal began calling the names of the students who were lined up to walk up on the stage and receive their Diploma. The sultry air had brought beads of sweat on Georgia's forehead and even her whole body. 


Good thing, I copped a different dress for my Celebratory dinner. Georgia pondered as she craned her neck, searching for her best friend in the line of students, and caught a glimpse of her black, shiny, straight hair just a few students before her.  She was fanning herself and wiping a sweat above her eyebrows and on the side of her cheeks when she received a text message from MrSmoothguy.


"Hi! How is it going there, graduate?" with a smiling emoji. 


Georgia: "Perfect! haha perfectly hot in here, I'm about to walk on the stage all sweaty hahaha!"


:"Haha! Don't lose your cool, then!"


Georgia: "I am on the brink!" she replied jokingly. 


:"Okay, I'd better stay away, perhaps? Haha! Call you later?"


CALL ME??, Dumbfounded as she was, she remained calm.


:"Hmmm, okay. Surely, after dinner?" she replied, barely noticing that she was kind of shaking from excitement. 


:"Okedoke"


He's gonna call later, I'll finally hear his voice after all? Quite an improvement, huh? She thought in astonishment while walking towards the stage, just two students before her turn. Last time she tried calling him in curiosity, only to be answered by boisterous background noises, so she did not bother to ask him afterward. 


I wonder what his voice sounds like, she pondered, making some imaginary sweet voices in her head. 


"Georgia Marie Saunders" the voice of Principal Spears speaking her name through the microphone and echoing around the gigantic field of Seattle High brought Georgia back from her thoughts and wishful thinking. She immediately stepped on the platform and walked towards their Principal, shook her hands, and was handed her tubed Diploma. She scanned the crowd for her family and saw her Mom taking a picture of her, so she smiled, waved at her, and raised her diploma for them to see. 


The Ceremony was followed subsequently by a lot of pictures. Group shots with their families, classmates, teachers, and clubs. Trio shots, solo shots, and duo shots of the two best friends until their jaws somewhat locked into a smile. They bade their goodbyes to their friends as they were both headed to their joint family dinner. Their parents decided to celebrate together since Jovie's father was still in New York and was not able to make it in time for their Graduation. 


"That was tiring," Georgia complained.


"That was fun." Jovie corrected and elbowed her lightly.


"It's piping hot!" Georgia growled at her and Jovie just shrugged at her best friend's remark. 


As they were headed to the school's parking lot, a guy dressed in a blue polo and a cap who seemed like a deliveryman approached a group of students in front of them and asked, "Hi. I'm looking for Georgia Saunders?"


Jovie and Georgia both looked at each other, clueless. "I'm her Mother." Stepping forward, Georgia's mom implied with a curious expression. 


"WOW," Jovie mouthed at her, eyes wide and a discerning look. 


"Have no idea, bitch!" Georgia mouthed back at her mocking best friend, making sure her mom or dad wasn't looking, while she untied her Graduation gown so she could ventilate herself more. 


"We have a delivery for her." the deliveryman replied then went off and came back with a bouquet of Yellow Tulips. "I just need a sign here." presenting her mother with a sheet of paper. 


"Oh, here she is." Her mother motioned for her to come forward so she could sign the sheet of paper. "Do we get to know who the sender is?" asked her mom, eyebrows furrowed with curiosity. 


"Uhm, it doesn't have a specific name on the sender. You might want to check the card on there. Have a great day!" the deliveryman pointed to the card on top of the flowers before heading off.


Her mom, Gia, and Jovie all tried to reach for the card but Georgia's hand was fast as a bolt of lightning as she covered it with one hand, while holding the Bouquet in her other arm and tucking it away from the three."You, guys!" she exclaimed laughing.


Both families let out a myriad of murmur as she tried to keep the card inside her pouch. As riveted as she was like them to find out what was written in the card and whom it was from, she felt awkward with her family around her. "C'me on Georgie! Open it!" Genevieve protested, showing her cute chopped front teeth and everyone agreed with her as they stood outside their family car next to the Ong's. Much to her surprise, Gia grabbed her purse and immediately pulled out the card, and started running. Poor Georgia couldn't run after her as she was wearing a cocktail dress and heels apart from holding the bouquet. She stood there, her mouth opened in shock while everyone was cracking up. Amir even cheered Gia on. She too ended up laughing.


"It's from a guy named Randall!" Gia screamed and let out a shrill upon reading the card and sprinted back towards them. 


"Jeez, thanks much!" Georgia hollered at her sister as Gia handed her the now slightly creased card. Gia stuck out her tongue in response.


"For the girl who has everything,


                CONGRATULATIONS!


-Randall"


"Randall? Who is that Randall guy?" her Father asked from peeking over her shoulders. 


"A friend, but this is probably a joke and  not from him." Georgia looked at her best friend quizzically before climbing inside their car. "It's most definitely from that girl. Cray cray!" she said pointing at her best friend who was already inside their car and was peeping in the car's window. Her father shrugged his shoulder in bewilderment. 


"It's not from meeee! It's from your Smoothguy!" Jovie shouted before their car drove away. 


It did not escape her mother's ears who was seated in the passenger seat. She turned to Georgia who was at the backseat along with her siblings. "Who was that?"


"Forget it, Mom. She's just making fun of me." Georgia replied nonchalantly while fixing her curls, trying to hide the butterflies in her stomach. As their father started the engine, she caught Genevieve staring at her, as if knowing what was inside her elder sister's mind and her tiny secret. Oh, Gosh this little brat, she might tell on me, she thought. She stared back at her with wide eyes. 


As if on cue, Genevieve blurted out. "He's her boyfriend. They talk on the internet."


"He's not my boyfriend, Genevieve. Stop it." Georgia demanded while looking at her parents, throwing her hands in the air in surrender. Her parents shushed them, only to both laugh at Georgia's reaction later on. "Mom, Dad. Pls?"  The car drive all the way to their house was quick, yet it felt like hours for Georgia. Aside from her two sisters whispering, as if she was out of earshot, Georgia had been dying to send a picture to Smoothguy and to express how thankful she was for the Tulips. 


As soon as she set foot inside their house, she sprinted all the way up to her room. Turning the computer on while unzipping her dress so she can change for her dinner dress as quickly as possible and connecting her digital camera to her laptop. As soon as she's on her pink fit and flare casual dress, she began sending a picture of her and the bouquet of flowers to Randall aka Smoothguy over their AOL chat thread.


Justinsgirl: "Thank you for this. I really love it."


                       "We're heading out for dinner now. Take care."


"Georgie! Be quick! Our reservation is in twenty minutes." Her Father called her from downstairs just in time when she was at her bedroom door. 


"Coming!"


They went for an opulent dinner at a Chinese Restaurant outside town. Everything was scrumptious starting from the Spring rolls and Soup Bun dumplings (Xiao Long Bao) as appetizers, Red Pepper, Almond and Fried Brown Rice, Chicken Fried Rice, Chow Mein, and Won Ton Noodles, Peking Roasted Duck, Kung Pao Chicken, Char Siu and Chocolate filled Baozi for dessert. Their table was not only filled with delectable foods, but also with laughter and a good chin wag in between. 


"So, he's sending you flowers now, huh?" Jovie interrogated her as they washed their hands in the Ladies' room while fixing themselves. 


"I'm not sure if it really was from him. Maybe it's just you, playing silly games on me, hate you!." Georgia answered as she tried to splash some water on her best friend. 


Jovie raised both her hands in defense to prevent herself from getting wet. "Eew, stop!" she muttered while wiping her forearms with a tissue towel. "And, it's not from me. Bible!" Georgia stared at her friend quizzically, searching for clues and reactions, just in case she'd try to hide her laughter. Jovie stared back at her without blinking. 


"Fine. I believe you." Georgia gave up. "I'll know later. I already sent him pictures and my thank you's. But, he also said he'd call me when we were at the Ceremony before I received the flowers."


"About time! hmmm.. practice your sexy voice now."  Jovie mocked her. "Hel-lo Randall, how was your day? Is it as hot as mine?" Jovie continued with a sexy and deep voice while looking at herself in the mirror seductively while biting her lower lips. 


"Shut up!" Georgia was surprised with her best friend's humor and they both burst into chuckles as they made their way back to their table. 



Chapter 6 by Mariawritesagain

The next day...


"Good morning, sleepyhead!", Georgia was awakened by her best friend's thrilled voice. "Hey, get up. It's almost noontime. Georgie, Come on!" Jovie, dressed in a denim jumper with a stripe shirt underneath, said as she tried to tug Georgia out of bed. 


Oh my freakin' God, why the heck is she here first flush in the morning? Georgia deemed it is because of Randall's call which he never did make last night. Rubbing her eyes and starting to sit up while gaining her eyes' focus from a blur, she asked, "Why are you here so early?"


Plonking down herself beside Georgia, Jovie gestured at Georgia's alarm clock at the other side table which said 10:30, "It's almost noon unless that's still early for you? What went up?", she asked while looking at her freshly manicured nude nails. 


Georgia shrugged, "More like what went down? He did not call. I waited 'till like past midnight." while grabbing her cellular phone at her bedside table near her clock. 


"Hmmm, what could be his reason? Must be good." Jovie looked at her quizzically. 


"He says, 'Georgia, so sorry for not ringing you. Me and my friends ended the night so late. I hate to wake you up. By the way, I sent you a picture from last night to make it up to you. Huh." Georgia read Randall's text imitating a guy's voice in answer to her best friend's query. 


With that, they both leapt out of bed and raced each other through her desk to open her computer. She looked up at Jovie skeptically who was standing behind her as she settled on her chair in front of her desk. "What? Am I not allowed to look? Come on, you're not exchanging nudes there, right?" Jovie protested while peeking over her shoulder.


"Of course not!" Georgia snapped at her best friend who was still grinning at her.


MrSmoothguy: "Hi! The guys just want to say 'Congratulations"


Then, a picture of four familiar, pretty faces appeared as she clicked the attached file. Chris Kirkpatrick, Lance Bass, JC Chasez, and Joey Fatone all beaming at her, dressed in matching vests and white long-sleeved shirts.


Both best friends gasped at the sight of them. "Where's my man, Justin?" Georgia asked her best friend who was still examining the picture, still mesmerized with a wide grin on her face. Her best friend just gave her a shrug as a response. 


Justinsgirl; "Thank you for this. Where's Justin? haha" Georgia typed back. 


Then began typing on her cellular phone as well, knowing fully that Randall was not online at that moment, yet she was intrigued to know when and how was he able to take exclusive photo of the guys, and also why Justin was missing. 


: "I received the pic. So thankful for that. Where was it taken? Have you gone to one of their concerts already?! Also, where was Justin? He's not in the picture, just wanna know. Haha!"-- SENT


They busied themselves babysitting Amir after having lunch at Georgia's place since Mrs. Saunders stepped out for a quick errand at the grocery and would be dropping something off at her office. "Do you think we should go and look for apartments already while we're in  New York for the concert? We can stay a little longer there." Jovie questioned her. The two both got accepted at Cornell University in New York for different programs.


"That's the best. I mean, I wanna get settled before the semester starts. But, can we like stay at your Dad's apartment while looking? We're gonna be tight if we have additional hotel bookings." Georgia answered while toying with her sister's baby alive as Genevieve tried to get it from her. 


Slumped on the Saunders' huge sectional sofa in one of their living rooms, Jovie replied, "It won't be a problem either way." Surely, it's not a problem for the two best friends. Both of their parents have huge paychecks. Jovie's Father possesses a business firm situated in New York, while Georgia's father owns a construction firm in Seattle. 


Just before Georgia could answer her best friend's 'we're daughters of the riches' comportment, her cellular phone message notification went on. 


Randall: "Morning! Just got up. That was taken last night." in response to one of Georgia's pool of questions from her text.


Georgia: "Morning? Do we have different time zones again? Like huge? haha." She asked jokingly, but in reality, Georgia was really wondering whether Randall's down the road in a different State again. 


Randall: "Haha! Sorry, it's still morning for me. I know it's late afternoon already. Just woke up and need to shower immediately after a quick brunch. We'll be having a long day again. Off to New Orleans."


Georgia: "For work, I suppose?"


Randall: "You bet!"


Georgia had the urge to interrogate the guy about his work, but just couldn't get herself into it, not knowing how to ask properly without defending Randall. As if on cue, Randall sent another message. 


Randall: "So you were looking for the curly head, huh? haha"


Georgia: "But of course! Haha!" she replied while smiling. Jovie looked at her questionably while shushing Gia from giggling.


Randall: "Maybe he was the one who took the picture?"


Georgia: "What? Using your camera? Haha" she said mockingly.


Randall: "Maybe? haha. I sent you another picture. Off to eat first, the monster in my stomach is already growling, I can hear."


Georgia: "'Okay, eat hearty!" With that, she trotted upstairs to her room, with Jovie laughing, and running behind her was Gia, leaving Amir and Genevieve in the quiet space of their enormous living room. 


Five pretty faces, all smiling and staring, welcomed Georgia as she opened the attachment from Smoothguy's chat. They were all wearing the same outfits from the first picture and the same background, only this time, Justin Timberlake was with them, standing at the far end right side, beside Joey. He was the one holding the camera too. He looked incredibly handsome with his smile, his sparkly eyes, and his dark curly hair. Georgia couldn't help but to stare with so much admiration.


MrSmoothguy: "Congratulations, pretty lady.--JT"


Justinsgirl: "Thank you so much, Randall! Did he really say that? Okay, I know you're kidding. But really, thanks for this picture. I've no idea how you were able to get these pictures, though. Haha!"


MrSmoothguy: "Well, a guy must do things just to see his friend happy. And yeah, He REALLY DID say that :-)"


And with that, Georgia's heart fluttered. 

Chapter 7 by Mariawritesagain

A week later..


"Why do we have to go with you to Jovie's house?", Amir asked her older sister Georgia as they walked through the streets of Seattle heading to the Ong's house. It was just a five to ten-minute walk, but for the five-year-old boy, it seemed like hours. 


Gia looked at Georgia and then at their little brother who was holding both their hands while walking. "Cause we wouldn't want to leave you there alone with the ghosts." mocking the poor little boy. 


Georgia looked down at Amir, who was now looking at her with annoyance because of Gia's retort. "No, it's because it's not safe to leave you there alone. Come on, we'll be quick and we can go to the ice cream store after. You like that?" Georgia asked, in an attempt to buy her little brother's trust at that moment. Mrs. Saunders and Genevieve went to her father's office to drop off some homemade pasta and brownies their Mom made, so that left Georgia to look after the two. 


Jovie called her after lunch to notify her that there was a package at their doorstep waiting for her. It was named for Georgia but addressed to the Ong's house. She chuckled as she recalled her best friend's banter over the call, "Since when do you live here, Georgie? Mom says she's not informed.". She forgot to tell her best friend she had given her address instead of her true address to Randall when the latter asked for it because he claimed he'd be sending her something. Now, she has to explain. 


"Hey guys, would you like some lemonade and cookies?" Mrs. Ong called after them from inside the kitchen when they arrived at the spacious Ong's living room with two sets of sofas and a grand piano. Without a thought, her siblings went running to the kitchen. 


Placed on top of the center table was a medium-sized, rectangular USPS box, still sealed and waiting to be opened. "Let's free what's inside," uttered Jovie while handing her a small cutter with a wide smile on her face. Jovie bought her explanation too well, without even giving Georgia harsh judgments. 


Countless shredded tiny paper fillers filled the box as they opened it, and in the middle were five dolls laying on it, FIVE NSYNC MARIONETTE dolls. In an instant, upon seeing them, the two best friends shrieked in delight, jumping and hugging each other. They quickly grabbed all five, revealing a card underneath it. Georgia examined the card, it was just a simple white card and inside it says:


"Georgia,


Congratulations, pal! Haha, I know that by the time these dolls reach you, you're already done with school. Just wanna say thanks for being my peace in this crazy world I am in. See you?


Randall Timberlake.. haha kidding, just Randall!"


Jovie let out another shriek when Georgia read the card and noticed her best friend's smile while reading the card. "What if he's really Justin? hahaha" Jovie even joked. 


Georgia made a face knowing that was way impossible, also she's okay for him just being Randall and not Justin, she's not that delusional about JT, at least, that's what she thought.


They stayed till dinner since Mrs. Ong asked them to, saying she would prepare foods for more than five people and that she wanted to give some Chinese noodles to Mrs. Saunders. "Why don't you just call him to say thank you instead of texting or chatting with him?" Jovie suggested as they plumped themselves on one of the couches inside the Ong's gaming room. Jovie's brothers Frank and Marco were playing PlayStation with Amir while Gia was trying to be busy with the Jenga game but seemed to be struggling on it.


"I don't know if it is such a good idea. Last time I tried, all I heard was a deafening background noise." Georgia answered while taking a sip of her soda.


Jovie snatched her phone from her. As Georgia tried to snatch it back from Jovie, the latter tucked it to her side and raised one finger at her, "No. Nah-uh! I am not letting this one slide. The guy deserves a proper thank you instead of just a text or chat. Also, you deserve it too. In short, you both deserve to move past the text or chat and level up. Like hello, you guys will be seeing each other as well in a month's time. Better to do this now." 


"I Concur" Gia who was eavesdropping interjected. 


"Right?" uttered Jovie, giving Gia an approving nod while dialing Randall's number on Georgia's cellular phone. Jovie held the phone to her ear while Georgia and Gia both leaned in closer. Jovie bit her thumb and Gia made funny faces, both looked intrigued. On the other hand, as much as thrilled Georgia was at that moment, she also felt uneasy, she had no idea what to say and how to respond or what Randall would think of her for making this call. 


Suddenly, the ringing came to a halt. Jovie promptly handed the phone to her and placed it on her ear. "Hello?" a soothing voice of a guy muttered. 


Georgia was left speechless. Oh my! His voice! Jeez, mine sounds like a child! she thought. Now, more than ever, Georgia felt embarrassed. 


"Georgia?" the guy said in a warm voice. Jovie elbowed her, signaling for her to speak. 


"Um, yes. Randall?", she finally mustered up the courage to speak in a cute voice in an attempt to make her voice match the warmth of the other speaker, which made Jovie to hold her laughter, and so did her brothers. Georgia widened her eyes at them in disbelief. 


"Hmm, yes speaking," Randall muttered in somewhat a shy tone. "You called? Uhm... I was actually planning on calling you, I just got preoccupied these past few days." he said apologetically in such a warm voice to which Georgia found soothing.


Oh my God, why does he have to sound this fuckin' good?, Georgia thought. 


"Oh no, that was fine. I just wanna say a proper thank you for the dolls," she exclaimed, her hands sweating. 


"You what?," asked Randall. "Sorry, you spoke too fast.". She had not realized she was speaking hastily, which shows how tense she was.


"BREATHE" Jovie mouthed at her, everyone gathered around her, including Jovie's two brothers and Amir. 


She sighed and explained, trying her best to calm down to prevent herself from speaking fast again, "I said that was fine. I just want to say thank you for the dolls. You know, rather than texting or chatting, I think it's best and proper to call you instead." 


"You deserve a call after the tulips and the dolls," she added jokingly before Randall could answer. 


Randall let out a giggle, enough for Georgia to laugh as well which lightened the mood and made Georgia to feel easeful. "So? Is this gonna be a regular thing? Us talking over the phone now?", asked Randall in a hushed tone.


Oh my Gosh, why does this guy makes me feel like this with just his voice?, Georgia ruminated. She could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks again, Jovie was looking at her questionably, all eyes were on her. Biting her lower lip, she answered reluctantly, "Hmm, if you'll start calling me in your free time, maybe?"


She can hear Randall's soft chuckle. "I was gonna beseech you into saying yes if ever you'll say No," Randall answered back. 


Jovie mouthed "WOW" when she heard what Randall had just said. Georgia tittered, not knowing what else to say. 


"I guess I have to go now. Will be heading home in a few." Georgia mentioned. 


"Oh, okay. Where you at?"


"We're at Jovie's."


"We?" Randall interrogated. 


"Yes, I'm with my siblings."


Randall let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, okay. Let me know when you're home then?"


"Sure. Bye." Georgia said quickly. 


"Bye. Thanks for this, Georgia."


"His Voice!!" both Jovie and Georgia burst out. 



Chapter 8 by Mariawritesagain
Author's Notes:

stories/2399/images/vip_pass.jpg

The VIP PASS (Credits to GOOGLE)

Georgia's Picture (AI/PHOTOLAB from Author)

stories/2399/images/17197650-42c0-43a6-b6ca-5c29d67bb0b7.jpg

It was a week full of texts and phone calls here and there between Georgia and Randall, talking almost about everything and sharing stuff about each other. Georgia already had the guts to ask him about the nature of his job and why he was always on the road to different places. "You'll know when you get here." was the only answer she got from Randall without any clarification at all. Should she be concerned? Georgia didn't want to rack her brain that much with that piece of undisclosed information but, a part of her was really curious. Apart from that, she was able to obtain information such as his hometown, upbringing, siblings, and how he loves to perform as well.


One time, when they were talking before bedtime, she heard Randall humming NSYNC's I Drive Myself Crazy. His voice was so soft, angelic, and raspy. Georgia couldn't help herself from blushing, she felt like he was singing for her. Urgh! You're being delusional! she berated herself as she continued to concentrate on Randall's singing.


I lie awake
I drive myself crazy
Drive myself crazy
Thinking of you


As Randall sang the chorus again, Georgia blurted out, "You sound like a tad one of the guys" She giggled as she complimented Randall.


Randall who seemed startled that she noticed, asked. "I do? Who?"


Georgia bit her lip and stared at her ceiling, contemplating which one from the five to-die-for guys, "I figure it's Justin? Not sure though. Just a little" Randall let out a small chuckle.


A few days later...


While packing her stuff for their upcoming flight to New York which is just a couple of days away, Georgia's phone text message alarm went on. A text from Randall.


"Hi! Just giving you a heads-up that we're about to get into our flights to New York at the moment. I forgot to tell you to open Justin's Marionette. I slid in something there."-- Randall


Georgia began typing:


"I see. I'll check it now. Are you onboard already?"


Randall: "No, we're still checking in. Text me when you see it, okay?"


Georgia: "Noted!"


With that, she hurriedly walked upstairs to her bedroom and once inside, she grabbed Justin's marionette which was placed on the couch near her window, along with the four guys' dolls. Another surprise? What could it be this time," she thought as she tried to open the box delicately, which was hard for her because she was also pumped up about what was inside the box with Justin.


She took Justin out of its box and peeked at the back part of the box. Hidden there were colored like laminated pictures or cards, she couldn't make what of it, so she pulled it outside slowly, making sure she wouldn't cut or tear it.


She gaped at what was in front of her two eyes. All this time, she was not aware that one of the boxes carried three lavish gifts from a friend she hadn't met yet personally. The tulips? That was basic and was not unanticipated from a guy friend. These expensive marionette dolls? Generous of him. But, these three VIP backstage passes were close to grandiosity, for her, at least. She wasn't sure if she was ready to take it, she felt like it was too much. She's over the moon but, at the same time, feels uneasy.


Without delay, she started dialing Randall's number.


"Hey. I've seen it now," she said calmly, trying to shake off the uneasiness and had no idea how to turn down a gift.


Randall was silent at the moment, sensing something might be wrong. "Wow! That's wonderful. Did you like it?" His voice weighing.


"Randall, Thank you so much. Don't get me wrong, okay? I like it, of course, but I don't think I can accept that at all. I mean, those set of dolls might have cost you a lot already. I don't think it is appropriate for you to be spending too much on me.", she blurted out and sighed.


"Georgia, it's nothing. Believe me. It did not cost me that much and even if it is, I don't mind. I just wanted you to be there with me backstage." Randall explained.


Georgia was still undecided and made no answer, Randall begged, "Please, Georgia, I want you to be there. I NEED YOU TO BE THERE." verbalizing those last five words firmly.


Still contemplating, she heard background noises, voices of guys speaking, one of them said. "Hey, Lanceton let's go!"


As if on cue, Randall spoke in a hushed voice. "Please, Georgia? Promise me you'll be there?"


Georgia let out a big sigh and said, "Okay. I'll see you there, then."


A sigh of relief was heard at the other end. "Thank you, Georgia. I'll see you. We're walking up the plane now. Bye." Randall spoke in haste.


July 25th


The morning of the flight...


"Honey, we want you to enjoy this New York tour with Jovie. Enjoy the concert, the busy streets and nights there strolling but, promise me one thing?", Mrs. Saunders gazed at the charming face of her daughter, Georgia as they both plumped down on the teenager's bedThere is no denying that Georgia has one of the prettiest faces in their High School, with her long, Auburn, wavy hair, fair skin complexion, eyes that light up when she smiles, prominent cheeks, a nose that is not pointed nor flat, enough to complement her lips and face that perfectly framed with her jaws. 


Georgia looked at her Mother straight in the eyes and spoke, "Mom, I promise I would never do anything stupid or dangerous. We're with Frank, remember? Also, Jovie's Dad."


Her mom grabbed both of her palms and enwrapped them with hers, looked down at them, and finally looked at Georgia. "We know. Honey, it's not what your Dad and I were concerned about. It's about this Randall guy." then breathed out heavily. 


Without letting her mom say another word, she interrupted. "Mom, I know. Please trust me. I would never be engaged in any intimacy with a guy, at least not this early. I am not prepared for that. I like him but not to that level yet. He's a friend, yes. But, still a stranger to me. I won't do anything stupid. I know my boundaries."  


"We know, Honey. We trust you, we're just a little anxious, you know? This is your first time traveling without us. And you're meeting a guy friend you met online. That's wild and forgive us if we're a bit scared of our precious daughter. But we know, you are with your friends, we trust you and will pray that this Randall guy is a good guy." her mother smiled as she spoke and then gave Georgia a tight hug. "I can't believe you're at this age now when you get to meet guys and go out with them. It feels just like yesterday when we held you in our arms for lullabies."


She gave her teary-eyed mom another squeeze and said, "Oh, Mom pls don't make me weep" She let out a small laugh to stop the lump in her throat. She feels so lucky to have such loving and supportive parents. She knew the danger of this online thing with Randall, her father even talked her out of it one time and she also had a serious conversation with him a few days ago. "I will keep my promise, Mom, tell Dad, okay? This is just like a fling/crush thing I want to enjoy."


At Seattle-Tacoma Airport


"Enjoy, you three!" Georgia's parents and Jovie's Mom shouted at them after they bade their goodbyes and walked towards the check-in counters at The Sea-Tac Airport. Jovie gave them a rock n' roll pose as they took a second look at them while Georgia sent them her flying kisses. 


1 message:


Randall: "Safe travels. can't wait to see you!"

Chapter 9 by Mariawritesagain
Author's Notes:

Picture grabbed from GOOGLE. Credits to google.

stories/2399/images/ll0o3bieakyihutuj0me.jpg

"That was a long flight," said Georgia as she stretched her arms and sprawled on the couch of their suite in a 4-star Stewart Hotel after placing a call to her parents to inform them that they safely checked in to their hotel. Untying the shoelace of her Vans old skool shoes to free her feet after a 5-hour flight from Sea-tac to JFK airport and another 55-minute drive to the hotel from the airport, Oh, that feels good, she thought to herself.

"I'm parched, I forgot to drink anything while we were on the plane.", uttered Jovie as she scoured the inside of the suite's small refrigerator, only to find bottles of water as a complimentary from the Hotel. "Frank, would you like to order something? Or have Dad send us something instead?" she called on her brother, Frank.

Frank appeared from the other room to the receiving area of their suite. "Why don't we just head out and eat while we wait for Dad for dinner? It is still early anyway."

Georgia nodded in agreement. "That's a great idea. I'd love to stroll outside in the meantime, it's just half past four." She replied while looking at her watch. "I'll just change into something more comfortable."

Jovie eyed her from head to foot. Judging her White tank top with a denim jacket, skinny pants, and Vans shoes. "I agree" she mumbled wryly. Georgia gave her the 'I know' look and rolled her eyes at her. "Chop chop!" Jovie ordered her mockingly.

She changed in a snap. Looking snatched in her summer knee-length dress, cropped denim jacket, and Dr. Marten's 1460 red boots with her long auburn hair tied into a ponytail with baby strands on the side of her face and some on her forehead, Georgia sauntered outside the captivating, vibrant and busy streets of New York City with Jovie and Frank. They stopped at a Hotdog stand near Times Square to grab food.

"He-wow" Georgia muttered in a mouthful as she tried to answer Randall's call while devouring her sandwich. "Sorry, hello. I was chewing." Both she and Randall laughed after she swallowed the sandwich.

"Obviously, haha. So you already arrived here in New York?" Randall asked.

She wiped her mouth with a tissue and answered, "Yup. Landed a couple of hours ago. Took us 55 minutes from JFK to the hotel."

"And we went outside for a walk and a hotdog 'cause we are famished." Jovie interrupted. "And parched." Frank chimed in. The group burst into chuckles, including Randall.

"So you're having hotdog sandwiches at a stand? Oooh, I miss that." Randall stated. "What are you having?"

"Mine is Chili Cheese Dog Bake" Georgia responded while licking the sauce that was about to spill from her sandwich. "It's so good."

"You're making my mouth water." Randall laughed. "It's been a long time since I ate at a hotdog stand here in New York."

"Let's put that in our bucket list."

"Sure thing. Listen I have to go. Prepping for work later. I'll see you tomorrow, then?" Randall implored.

Jovie leaned in closer to Georgia, making sure Randall would hear her. "Sure, you will! And thank you so much for the VIP Passes, Randall."

"Let us know how we can pay you back!" Frank barged in.

"Thanks, guys. Just be there tomorrow. I might be needing your support if Georgie will throw a punch at me." Randall joked.

"He sure sounds like Justin Timberlake, don't you agree?" Frank asked Georgia as they started walking again, passing through stores. Jovie nodded in agreement, Georgia made no comment and shrugged off Frank's observation as she admired the streets and the displays outside the stores they walked by.

They met with Jovie's Dad at a Chinese restaurant near the hotel for dinner.

"Please tell me you guys are having proper dinner now or I will be forced to ask someone to order and deliver it to your hotel room" -- text from Randall.

"Haha, silly! Yup. We are at the moment. And you?"

Randall: "That's good. I'm done, gonna be busy in a few. Eat well. Let me know when you're back at the hotel?"

"Sure."

After dinner, back at the Hotel after she spoke to Randall over the phone. "Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are talking to one of the crews?" Jovie surveyed Georgia while the latter was brushing her teeth in their suite's bathroom, Jovie washed her face with cleanser and dabbed it with a paper towel.

"Or with Justin" Frank who was at the receiving area cut in.

"Right?" Jovie agreed and looked at her brother, Frank with wide eyes.

Georgia gargled and refuted, "He can't be Justin." as she changed into her sleep pyjamas.

Jovie crossed her arms while standing at the bathroom door, "Why? Just because he's Justin Timberlake? Is he not allowed or is it unbelievable to some for him to have this kind of relationship with a fan?", she rebutted.

Then she added, "Or is it YOU," mouthing the last word firmly, "who doesn't want to believe you're having this rendezvous with the one and only Justin Timberlake?" then gazed at Georgia who was already done with her night routine and with a face mask on.

"The question is, why do you guys assume it's him? Of all people, really? Justin? That's impossible." She negated as she reclined to her queen bed. "Let's sleep, please guys? We had a long day and tomorrow will also be a long one, for sure."

"Uhm, CLUES, Georgie?" Frank replied standing at their room's door.

She received a text from Randall, stopping her from responding to Frank.

: "Hey, will you be able to open AOL? I sent you something." -- Randall

Without responding, she paced towards the desk which had their laptop, and logged in to her account. A guy's warm voice welcomed her as soon as she opened the attachment.

"You see I toss and turn when I'm alone

And I just can't wait 'til you get home
Waiting for your call 'cause tonight we're gonna do it all
Girl, it's just the two of us
'Cause I'm thinking 'bout you day and night
And I just can't get you off my mind"

----"Just the two of us" by NSYNC

She stood there in front of the desk, speechless. Her heart started to flutter again. Every time she hears Randall's voice especially when he sings, it melts her heart and leaves her speechless.

Jovie and Frank also stopped and listened with a shocked expression, this was the first time they heard Randall sing over the phone or voice recording. "Play it again," Frank demanded. And so she did.

"See? Did you hear that? Justin's voice." Frank insisted looking at his sister, Jovie for approval. Jovie winked and nodded. The two decided to give up and went to sleep. Frank headed to his room at the other side of their suite, Jovie dozed off, leaving Georgia wide awake, and slacked off the chair in front of the desk, playing the voice recording over and over again.

Somehow, she's torn on whether to want to believe her friend's assumptions or shrug it off as she normally would. Clearly, they both have the same voice, kinda? A bit? And I was not the only one who noticed it, Jovie and Frank have been alleging it for quite a while, but there are people with alike voices too, and it's normal, she deliberated. Their names surely both had Randall in it but, she does not know Randall's complete government name yet, she just knows him by Randall. Ouch! Shame on me for not knowing it, tsk! she lambasted herself for not asking.

She had been thinking of similarities such as hometown and two brothers but she couldn't place her finger on what's the name of the other brother aside from Nathan, she barely noticed a couple of hours had passed and it was already almost midnight. She grabbed her cellular phone and sent a text message to Randall before standing and reclining back to her bed.

"Thanks for the song. You sing so well. Night"-- sent

Just as she was about to hit the sack, her phone rang, it was Randall. She hesitated on getting it but, her desire to hear his voice won.

"Hey"

"Hey, glad you liked it," Randall said in a warm yet sleepy kind of voice.

"Indeed, I love hearing you sing, you're about to outscore Justin Timberlake." Georgia joked sarcastically.

Randall chuckled awkwardly then asked, "Why are you still awake? It's almost midnight."

"Jet lagged, perhaps?" She answered. "You? Done with work? You sound tired?"

"You bet! Imma shut-eye after this call. Just wanted to check in on you first. How are you feelin'? Are you having second thoughts on meeting me?" he questioned her.

Uh-Oh, here it comes. Georgia thought. Her mind telling her to Ask! Ask! Ask! but decided to unhear her thoughts.

"Second thoughts? No. Why? And how about you? Having second thoughts now?" throwing his own questions back.

Randall breathed before answering, "Me? Hell nah, I am so decided and been waiting for this day to finally meet and see you in person. It's just that I think on your part, as a woman, it is different. Like, I feel you have uncertainties about this thing and it's normal. So if ever you back out, I will understand."

Oh my gosh, does he want me to back out? Georgia thought

"Do you want me to back out?" confusion made Georgia to ask him point-blank

"Oh my God, No!" exclaimed Randall who sounded shocked by Georgia's direct question and her tone of voice. "No, pls don't. Sorry, I think I did not make myself clear. It's just that I feel you have fears or doubts about this online thing we have. As I know, some may deem it dangerous for a woman like you to be meeting with a stranger she met online. I am grateful that you're giving me a chance to prove that I am a good guy and a good friend. My intentions are pure, I guarantee that."

Georgia felt the sincerity in his voice and made her feel warm all over. "I'm sure you are. I have been looking forward to this day too," she muttered and bit her lower lip as she felt her heart raced again for not denying the truth.

"Promise me you won't go Bye, Bye, Bye on me after tomorrow night." Randall joked.

Georgia closed her eyes to stop herself from shrieking. Darn that voice! she screamed inside her mind.

"I won't. Goodnight, Randall."

"Night, Georgie. I'll see you tomorrow.'' Randall whispered.

With that, she ended the call, lay her face flat on her pillow, and let out a squeal of excitement.

 

Chapter 10 by Mariawritesagain

July 26, 2000 (The day of the concert)


Georgia, Jovie, and Frank together with Mr. Oh headed to a nearby Italian restaurant near Madison Square Garden for an early dinner. That way, they don't have to return to the Hotel afterward, which will save them time.


"Tickets? Check. Lightsticks, check. Camera, check. VIP passes? Check!" Jovie muttered as she skimmed through their belongings to double-check that they were not forgetting something. "Most especially, these!" she announced giddily while holding the passes. 


"Do you want me to come pick you up after the concert? I don't want you guys walking back to the hotel that late." Mr. Ong asked the three while cutting a piece of his medium rare steak with a steak knife.


Jovie looked at her brother Frank, signaling for him to speak. "There might be an after-party for the VIP pass holders, Dad. Will you still be awake at the wee hour? We might ring you up or we'll get a cab."


Mr. Ong looked at each of them. "Ring me up, if I don't answer, get a cab. Just don't walk," he instructed them after he swallowed a piece of steak he just put in his mouth. 


Both girls headed to the loo after eating for a quick touch-up. "Are you ready to meet Randall?', Jovie catechized her as they both washed their hands. "What would you do if we're right?"


"Readier than ready." Georgia joked after spitting the mouthwash she held in her mouth. "I don't know, I haven't had a serious thought about that." she lied, knowing it took her hours last night to rationalize things. 


She smeared a pink-colored lip gloss on her lips, patted her cheeks for some blush effect, and brushed her hair to one side of her face with her hands. There! That's enough, she thought as she admired herself in the mirror. She watched as Jovie did the same, only Jovie's hair was shorter than hers.


"He'll like you. Don't be nervous." Jovie said reassuringly as if reading her mind. Truly, her best friend knows her inside out, she knows when and how to comfort her troubled mind without Georgia uttering a word. "You're pretty, sweet and smart. Justin, Randall, or whoever he turns out to be, he must be a good, deserving guy for you first," she added and gave Georgia a slight smack on her butt, making them laugh. 


She took another glance at herself in the mirror before heading out. Wearing a denim cropped jacket on top of a white fitting shirt, a denim tiered mini skirt, paired with her Dr. Marten's Pascal boots, she surely was a slay. Not average, yet not overly dressed.


"Enjoy the concert, kiddos", Mr. Ong each gave them a pat on their heads including Georgia, as if she was one of his own too as they stood outside Madison Square Garden after a couple of minutes walk from the restaurant, arriving three hours early before the start of the concert. A humongous crowd was already queued outside their designated entrance, each gate had long lines of people that kept on piling up each minute.


They strode towards the VIP entrance at 31st Street. Luckily for them, the VIP gate did not have much of a waiting line. As their line progressed close to the ticket scanning area, Georgia suddenly felt her body tensed up and she started to sweat a little. Don't be nervous. It would be best if you were exhilarated to be watching NSYNC from the front row later, the last thing you must be feeling right now is to be anxious about Randall. , she reminded herself as she studied her best friend Jovie, and her brother, Frank who were all smiles and seemed too delighted. 


"Ants in your pants!" Frank yelled through the crowd which caused everyone to laugh.


"Enjoy" uttered Jovie as she looked at Georgia over her shoulders while they passed through the security check. After their tickets and VIP passes were scanned, they were also given a lanyard to which they could hook their passes to.  A staff led them through the lobby towards the escalator leading to the Chase Lounge, where the VIP holders can spend time a few hours before the event. 


They stood at the big double doors, mouths wide open with awe as they took in the incredible interiors of the lounge. Nestled at the center was a big bar that could seat a large number of people, positioned exquisitely with elegant lighting and surrounded by chairs and lounges. "Frank, do you have your Amex with you?" Jovie jested her brother, in response, Frank took out his card and waved it at his sister's face boastfully. 


They were served complimentary foods such as Crispy Zucchini fritters, Parmesan Roasted Brocolli, and some chips, Frank even got himself a handful of those candies. While they were sipping their Strawberry soda, a waiter approached them and placed another three glasses of drinks. "Raspbubbly mocktail", he stated confidently and nodded his head. 


Frank took out his card immediately, knowing that mocktails were not free. The waiter waved his hand, "It's all on the house, Mr. T--Randall took care of it", he stammered and started walking away after they thanked him. 


"Any news from Randall? Where is he?" asked Jovie while searching the room with her eyes. Georgia just shrugged her shoulders at her best friend. She started calling his number but no answer. 


"Maybe he's not coming," she said 


"That's impossible. A guy wouldn't make so much of an effort and then back out after. He even sent out mocktails for us", her best friend disagreed, still scanning the room. "He's gotta be here here somewhere."


She stopped eyeing the room when she realized, she had no idea about what he looked like. There were several guys at the lounge their age, some were even older than them, the problem was she didn't have a clue which one of them was Randall. Just when she started feeling dismayed, her phone rang. 


"Hey, please tell me you're enjoying the lounge.", said Randall in a sweet voice as soon as she answered.


"Hi! Of course, but where are you? Thought you are already here 'cause we were given mocktails, the waiter said it's from you." Georgia said, trying to keep her voice calm but it didn't escape Randall's ears. 


"Don't be mad at me, please." 


Georgia closed her eyes, fighting herself not to quickly give in to Randall's suit. "I'm not mad, just a little disappointed." 


"I'll see you after, we're just kinda all over the place here at the moment. A crew will accompany you back later at the lounge after the concert." Randall said in a hurry. Then, a group of girls shrieking was heard over the entire lounge, claiming they saw Justin at the door leading to the lounge's kitchen area. "I have to go, Georgie. I'll see you guys later." Randall spoke in a fleet and dropped the call without even letting Georgia speak. 


The concert kicked off with the guys singing "No Strings Attached" with strings hooked to their arms and then flying up the stage. Looking at their outfits, dressed in white polos, pants with patches, and vests, Georgia was reminded of one of the outfits Randall sent to her. Why did he have those same outfits? Georgia mused.


The band's energetic performances of their hit songs I Want You Back, Tearin' Up My Heart and It's Gonna Be Me fueled the audience's excitement. The melodic tunes of God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You and I Drive Myself Crazy brought a sense of tranquility, their enchanting five-part harmony filled the air especially JC's melody, which mesmerized the whole arena. Girls were screaming at the top of their lungs but, Georgia kept on wondering why Justin kept on looking her way while singing the latter. 


Am I imagining things? she thought. Is he looking at me? Or maybe just my direction, she deliberated. The perks of being placed at the front row seats, you get to be delusional, she mocked herself and smirked. She could feel her cheeks reddened even on the dim lights. 


When Justin started beatboxing, the crowd went even wilder. Then, the frenetic beatboxing and drums subsided as the group disappeared from the curtains. They reappeared individually and a couch was placed at the upper center of the stage. "How is it in New York?" Justin started to hype up the crowd to cheer and he succeeded. It was followed by them expressing their gratitude to everyone for coming to their tour and having their single, It's Gonna Be Me on the number 1 spot. 


"... now, uh, we wanna sing a song for you guys but, uh, this is not just any song," Justin stated while gesturing his hands. ".. this song is very special to all five of us because it's the first song that we ever sang together."


They started singing the acapella of I Thought She Knew with their soothing raw vocals.


"She was my once-in-a-lifetime
Happy ending come true
Oh I guess I should have told her
I thought she knew"


By the start of the second stanza, the guys started to disperse and went to the crowd to grab some ladies from the audience. To Georgia's surprise, Justin walked to her and asked the security to get her from the VIP fence. Jovie nudged her and looked shocked as well as her brother. "GO!" she delightedly screamed at Georgia.


Georgia was speechless, at first, she couldn't grasp what was happening at that sweet moment. She felt her hands getting cold but was comforted by Justin's warm hands as he led her up the stage, holding her. She was seated beside Justin on the couch, JC on her other side. Oh, my God! I am being sandwiched by two hottest guys in the boyband industry! She screamed inside, enthralled and adrenaline high up.


"I thought she knew My world revolved around her
My love light burned for her alone" 
Justin, still holding her hand, stared at her with his incredible blue eyes while singing the lines. His tye-dye polo matches his eyes perfectly, and even the baby blue bandana over his head to tame his curls complements his eyes and his looks. Georgia's heart raced again and now she could really tell her face was obviously flushed.




I should have known
She was my once-in-a-lifetime happy ending come true
Whoa I guess I should have told her
But I thought she knew"------- I Thought She Knew by NSYNC.




As the song ended, the guys started to bring them back to their seats, asking the security to assist the ladies. Justin, on the other hand, chose to walk Georgia down the stage. He leaned into Georgia's ears and whispered, making sure the microphone wouldn't catch his words "Thank you, Georgia. I'll see you later, okay?" his eyes sparkled when he mentioned her name. 


To Georgia's astonishment with the revelation, and enamored by the way he breathed on her ears, she almost lost her balance, good thing Justin was still close and was able to grab both her arms. "Got You!" Justin said. 


She gave him a questioning look, eyebrows furrowed and mouth slightly open, unable to utter a single word. Justin somehow understood her non-verbatim confusion, he nodded and mouthed. "Georgia, it's me, Randall." 



Chapter 11 by Mariawritesagain

As Georgia was being ushered by the Security back to her seat, she was still dumbstruck by what just happened on the stage and the revelation. She was onstage with the guys, serenaded by them and the one and only Justin Timberlake! It was every fan's dream.


And, Justin is Randall? she asked herself. 


Justin is Randall!, she repeated, this time she was not skeptical, she was processing it. Okay. His name: is Justin Randall Timberlake, both from the same hometown and has a brother named Nathan, short for Jonathan? The pictures he has been sending me all this time! Those arenas and clothes! My call that he was not able to answer, only a boisterous background, he was probably out performing! Those dolls and VIP passes. And yes, his voice swoons me just like that of Justin's! Those girls at the lounge claimed to have seen Justin a while ago and then he dropped the call promptly without letting me say bye. The call at the airport when I heard the name Lanceton, that's what they call Lance! , Georgia recalled each detailand a mix of emotions surged through her.


She's smitten yes, she liked the guy for years and has been a Justin girlie ever since, but to finally find out that the guy she had been pouring her craziness about Justin, is Justin himself is frustrating and embarrassing for her. All those things I have said about Justin and he heard it first hand! She put her palms over her face to cover it. I wish the floor would just swallow me right now!


She was greeted by Jovie with shrieks and shakes once she was back in her seat. Jovie was screaming something but, she couldn't make what of it. Aside from the loud music and the screaming of the audience, her mind was not physically with them at the moment, her thoughts were still processing what just happened. 


She just stood there silent for a moment as she watched the guys' dynamic performances of Just Got Paid, Space Cowboy and It Makes Me Ill energize the audience more. Her eyes were stuck on Justin's, and almost every chance Justin got, he'd glance at her as well, he even smiled. He's Randall and he's my friend. Georgia pondered, and finally, she could let it in this time. But a part of her feels a little exasperated.


The group started to allure the crowd again with This I Promise You. Justin kept on gazing at her while singing with those dreamy blue eyes of his, Georgia felt like her heart was already about to melt anytime. Jovie noticed and mumbled, "Is it just me or Justin keeps on looking in our direction?"


"He's him" Georgia whispered back when she finally found her voice to speak.


"He's what??"


"Randall" As soon as Jovie heard her, she started screaming and whispered the same to Frank who also screamed with Jovie. She chuckled at her friends' reaction.


The group wrapped up their concert with Digital Get Down and Bye, Bye, Bye as their finale act. The show ended, and the audience began to exit. Surprisingly, ten minutes after the light went on, Justin came back to the stage, walked down to the center, and started shaking hands with the fans, shaking as many hands as he could handle and exchanging thank you's. He had his eyes already set on Georgia as he made her way in the direction of the three. He shook hands with Frank, Jovie and finally Georgia. Squeezing her hand, he mouthed "See you" at her, ensuring other fans beside Georgia wouldn't notice. Before he proceeded to go backstage, he motioned for a security guy and whispered something while looking in Georgia's direction.


They were led back to the lounge by the same security guy who Justin spoke to a while ago. Inside the lounge, they walked to another door leading to a more secluded area where it is more exclusive. "Mr. Timberlake will be here in a few"


Georgia started pacing back and forth, her hands began to feel cold again, and her heart raced into different places. She knew she wouldn't be able to stand it, I can't do it now. I'm so embarrassed to do it right now. she thought.


Grabbing Jovie's hands, she said "Let's go. I can't tonight."


Jovie brushed her hands off. "What do you mean? We're already here, Georgia."


"I'm going back to the hotel", she said without waiting for Jovie and Frank, Georgia began to sprint outside of the lounge and out of the Madison Square Garden. She was breathing heavily once outside the arena because of anxiously running.


Once back at the hotel, she immediately went to shower and changed into pyjamas.


15 missed calls and messages from Justin.


"Georgia, where are you?"


"Please answer."


"I'm with your friends and we're worried."


"At least let us know if you're safely back at the hotel"


She texted back, "Don't worry about me, I'm here at the hotel. I'm so sorry, Justin"


She laid on the queen-sized bed and turned on the TV, which she had no plans on watching. She heaved a heavy sigh. She felt more ashamed of walking out. I should have stayed, now I'm more like a loser. , she thought. GRRRRRRRRRRR!, she let out a screech and buried herself under her blanket.


A few minutes passed and she lay still on her bed, blanket all over her head, not caring to see who had arrived when she heard the beep of the keycard of the door of their suite's receiving area opened, knowing that it was just her friends. Sure enough, the door of their bedroom opened too and Jovie pulled the blanket away from covering Georgia's whole body. "Hey!" Georgia yelled and pulled back the blanket.


"Hey yourself! You chickened out there and Justin didn't deserve that." Jovie sat down beside her. "Listen to me, Georgie. He's here. He went with us here. It's after their concert, he should be either at the after-party or snoozing, but he's here."


Upon hearing Jovie's words, Georgia immediately sat up, surprised again for the third time that night. "Justin's here?"


"Yes," Then Jovie brushed the side of Georgia's hair, "Look, Georgie, I know this must be overwhelming. But it shouldn't be a surprise at all. Clues have been hiding in plain sight, you chose to shrug it off. We had a major butt feeling Randall is him." She lowered her voice this time, "The guy obviously likes you that much. You like him! Give this a chance."


Georgia knew it was just right that she must face Justin, but him liking her, that she was not sure of. Okay, it's game time!, she thought. She rose and started walking away from her bed. "Thanks for the pep talk"


"Hey!" Jovie called out before she reached the door, "He came with lots of food. Save some for me?" which made them both laugh.


As soon as she was out of their bedroom, she straightaway saw Justin standing at their suite's receiving area, his back was fronting her and seemed to have been arranging the food he brought at the suite's round table. Georgia stood there for a while, admiring his curls and physique. He changed into a plain gray cotton shirt and denim pants, his curls looked like it was wet from the shower. 

"Hi." startled as she was when Justin eventually turned to face her, she pretended to be collected, as if she hadn't been there appreciating the view for the whole two minutes now. 


"Uhm. Hi, Georgia," Justin said, beaming and walking towards her. He then extended his hands to Georgia. "I'd say we formally introduce ourselves. Justin Randall."


Georgia took his hands and shook them, "I agree. Georgia Marie." she said flashing a smile to Justin, but deep inside, she was keeping herself from exploding. Her heart began to race again at the touch of his hands. His hands fit hers exactly and he smells of a soapy, masculine, and fresh scent. 


Gosh, heart, calm down! She comically spoke to her heart as if it was listening and could be controlled. 


Randall vowed and gestured for the table he had set up. He pulled the chair back for Georgia so she could sit. "Thank you."


"My Pleasure."


Gosh, why does he have to do this? I will never recover! Georgia thought as she studied the table he set up and the food. Not the super romantic candle-lit dinner one would see in the movies, but this guy knows how to make it look like one in an ample time. The table and floor were covered with red rose petals and one small scented candle was lit at the center of the table. 


"Did you set these all up?"


"Hmm, yeah? With a little help from your friend, Frank. We took the flowers from that vase.'', Justin pointed at the vase at the center table and they both giggled. "The candle, well, that was already here. The foods. We ordered that from the lounge where we were supposed to dine in." 


"I'm sorry for walking out like that," Georgia muttered sheepishly, recalling what she did an hour ago. "I just felt overwhelmed? Really, like until now I can not understand how I feel about finding out I was talking to you all those times. Gosh" she gazed up at the ceiling and breathed hard. 


"Hush, it's okay." Justin stared at her with his blue eyes, "I Understand. I feel the same way. I mean, I don't know how I would act in front of you, I was afraid I might act stupid or conceited.. But I guess, it's normal, right? Meeting the person you have been your confidant for months for the first time is a little awkward or more." 


Georgia nodded. "Why didn't you tell me early on?" she looked at Justin's face, now she was becoming a little more comfortable around him. "Like, at least, a few days before today?" 


Justin looked down from his plate, sighed, and explained. "Well, I tried. I mean I don't wanna go jump ahead and tell you directly, you might not believe me then. You'll probably find it a joke. So I did tell you in some ways, like the pictures. Also, I am not sure of what your reaction will be, just like tonight, I feel that I scared you off. That's not the reaction I was aiming for." he laughed a little and added. "also, y'know, we have to be discreet with stuff. So I waited for this day instead." 


Georgia nodded in agreement. "Reasonable enough," she said, smiling. 


Justin started pouring soda on her glass. "I did not order wine." grinning at her.


"Yup, that's okay."  they both chuckled. "It's past twelve. Aren't you supposed to be resting or at the after-party if there is one?"


Justin started serving Pasta on Georgia's plate. Princess Treatment, oh my! Georgia melted. 


"Tonight? Nada. Just rest. But on the 28th, which is our last day here in New York, there will be," Looking at her, Justin asked. "can you be my plus one? Or should I say, plus three? With Jovie and Fr--" 


Jovie interrupted and yelled from their room. "Say yes. Georgie! We'll be there, Justin!"


Justin and Georgia ended up laughing at Jovie's retort. "Okay, no problem there!" Justin yelled back. "But, I'd say, eat with us here first!" 


Jovie and Frank both hurriedly went out of their rooms. "We've been waiting to be asked," Frank said laughing. They feasted on the foods that Justin brought starting from the Pasta, Steak, Baked Salmon and Fajitas. 

'What?" Georgia asked modestly as she noticed at the corners of her eyes that Justin was staring at her while they were seated at the couch after their meal. The two were left alone, Jovie was at the shower and Frank dozed off in his room. She could feel his gaze and she could tell that her face was as red as a ripe fire. 


Justin smiled. "Just revelling in your beauty.", he murmured, almost the same as how he whispered in Georgia's ear back at the concert.


"Stop"


"Let's have lunch tomorrow." Justin uttered.


Georgia, cornered by the question, raised both her eyebrows at Justin. "Hmm, let's see. If we're not doing anything tomorrow.", trying to sound as if she's not dying to go out with him, but if only Justin can see her insides, her heart is about to get out from her chest. 


"Come, on. Have lunch with me and then do the other things while I'm performing. Pretty, pretty please?" Justin begged, while giving Georgia poppy eyes. 


Georgia laughed. "That's cute. Do it again." Justin willingly obeyed and they both laughed hard. 


"So that's a yes." Justin stated. Georgia nodded. "It's a date.", he added. 


"A date."



Chapter 12 by Mariawritesagain

"Thank you, Dad. I miss you all and love you.", said Georgia, the next morning as she spoke with her parents over the phone, filling them in with the details about the night before and the lunch date with Justin, while having breakfast at their suite. 


"Do you have something fancy to wear?", her best friend Jovie asked while she was still in her robe, fresh from the shower and rummaging through her luggage. 


Looking through the array of clothes in their suite's cabinet, Georgia mumbled, "I don't. Tsk, tsk,"


Trying and changing from one outfit to another almost drained Georgia's energy for the day. She ended up wearing a white bomber jacket with blue linings on the wrist, on top of the blue fitted shirt and pants, pairing it up with white high Chuck Taylor shoes. She let her hair down per usual. Staring at her reflection in the mirror, she hoped she looked good. I don't look like I'm going out on a date with a celebrity, she concluded. But, this will do. The less the attention, the better.


"Ready?" Justin asked with a radiant smile that made his face more charming, as he greeted her at their suite's entrance. He was wearing a Brown leather jacket on top of a black shirt and black pants, his curls loose and not tamed by a bandana that day.  "You look gorgeous," he whispered as he offered his one arm for Georgia to hold on to after he gave her flowers. 


"Thanks" Georgia answered as she smelled the bouquet of red roses. They bade goodbye to Georgia's friends and headed out of the hotel, one bodyguard walking ahead of them. A shiny black limousine was waiting for them at the hotel's front entrance.  "Where are we going?" she asked Justin 


"I made some reservations" Justin answered as they rode inside the spacious limousine. 


"Hmmm, I have other plans."


"I'm all ears."


"Can we go eat at food trucks?" Georgia asked


"Food Truck?" Justin asked, bewildered. "You sure?" 


"Yup. You said you missed eating at those, so I figured why not eat there with me?" Georgia explained. "But if people see you, it might be a problem, we can go for the reservation if you want." 


"Just tell me that 's what you really want, I don't care about people seeing us." Justin stared at her with such admiration, that Georgia's heart started to race again. 


"It is. But as I've said--"


"Shhhhh" Justin interrupted her, placing one finger over her mouth. "No Buts. It's okay. We will eat there, let's not mind the people, if it goes out of hand, we can always go."


Georgia's heart melted when she heard his words. Oh God, is this what it's like? , she pondered. Having no experience with boys or boyfriends romantically, Justin for sure is setting the bar high for Georgia. They rode for another 15 minutes going to Wall Street looking for a food truck that was decent enough and not so crowded for them to eat. 


They were lucky to spot a large food truck at one end of Hanover Square with very few people. Justin ordered Chicken wings, fries, Chili Hot dogs, Bacon Wrapped Hot dogs, and sodas for the four of them including his bodyguard and the driver.


"This is so good," mumbled Justin as he was having a bite of his Bacon Wrapped Hot dog. "I missed this," he said while looking at Georgia who was chewing her own Chili Dog and now grew conscious because of Justin's stares. "Try this," he said while putting one chicken wing dipped in ranch sauce in Georgia's mouth, which Georgia obeyed and took a bite of. 


"Hmm.. yeah it's good"  To her surprise, Justin leaned and reached for the side of her mouth, wiping it with his finger. 


"You had sauce," he said nonchalantly., all the while Georgia was nearing to explode. 


They went from one food truck to another. After the Hot dogs, they went to have Pretzels and Churros. Both seemingly had a good and memorable time. They were on their third food truck having ice cream when a group of girls started to notice Justin and led a number of people to want to take pictures and ask for autographs, which Justin willingly gave in to. After a few more encounters, they were able to sneak out from the crowd.


"Sorry about that," Justin said as they stepped inside a studio store after having to brisk walk and run a few streets away from the crowd. 


"That's fine. I need some good exercise after all those carbs we ate." Georgia joked breathlessly. 


"Come."Justin led her to an aisle of R&B songs and to her surprise, pulled out a classic R&B Al Green disc from the rack and played it on the player. 


It played the song "Let's Stay Together", a hit by Al Green back in the 1970s.


"Wow. I never knew you were into this kind of music." Georgia smiled upon her new discovery.


Justin shrugged and smiled. "Surprise? I always get that from people whenever they find out that I love classic R&B just 'cause we sing and play mostly Pop or teen Pop."


"It's surprising, yeah. And I love it." Georgia responded, beaming at Justin. 


"And you?"


Georgia was cornered by his question, okay, how would she explain that she doesn't have a specific genre, as long as it is sung by them or none other than him? "Hmmm, it depends on my mood. R&B, pop, love songs, or classics. I don't have specifics on music, really", putting her hands in her jeans' pocket, she added, "Bet you and my Dad will have a blast listening to classics, though."  and they both chuckled. 


"Then, I'm pretty sure he has good taste!" 


After half an hour, the driver was able to locate them. "I'll get you after the concert later, let's have a late dinner,"  Justin stated as they slid back inside the limousine. 


Georgia looked at him and grinned. "Hmmmm.." she pretended to be indecisive. 


Justin's shoulder dropped and he looked at her begging, "Oh, come on. Last night was supposed to be our dinner date and you bailed."


"Hey, I said I was sorry." Georgia smiled sheepishly when she saw the hurt registered on Justin's handsome face.


"Forgiven. But, come with me, please? I wanna eat someplace with you." his eyes shining. 


Dressed in an Ivory cream dress, Georgia sat alone in the passenger seat of the same limousine she had ridden with Justin a few hours ago. Justin had his driver pick her up for their late dinner date. Georgia felt a little intimidated as she stepped and looked around inside the elegant rustic Gramercy Tavern situated at 20th Street. She was led by a waiter to a corner table where Justin, dressed in a suit and tie was already seated. 


Justin immediately stood up as he saw Georgia approaching, kissed her on the cheeks, and pulled a chair for her to sit down. "I know I've been saying this a lot today but, you really looked stunning."  Justin complimented her as they both sat down. 


Beaming, Georgia replied, "Thanks. You looked dishy, too." 


"Dishy, huh?" they both chuckled as Justin repeated her informal slang. 


"How was tonight's concert?" She asked. 


"It was good, tiring though. But it feels really satisfying to see the audience having fun."


"It amazes me how you looked so good and freshened up after you just had a very energy-draining concert."


"Energy-draining?" Justin once again giggled. 


 "Yeah. You guys really rock on stage with all those live singing and dancing non-stop. Not just dancing, but you guys are all hyped up every time, those jumps and grooves." Georgia further explained while the waiter poured them wine and served their steaks. 


"I think we got used to it already. All those rehearsals and the years on tour made us resilient from the body pains and sores." Justin said half-jokingly. He leaned in from across the table and murmured, "Hey, just to give you a heads up, shutterbug had pictures of us this afternoon".


Georgia looked at him puzzled, "Shutterbug??"


"Paparazzo"


True enough about the paparazzi, flashes of cameras from every direction greeted them as they exited The Gramercy and strode towards the limousine. Some were even yelling Justin's name and asking questions. "Hey, Justin!"


"Justin, who is she??"


"Is she your girlfriend?"


"Was she the same girl you brought to the stage at your concert?"


"Is she a fan??" 


It was obvious Georgia was uptight when they were finally ensconced inside the car. It was the first time she experienced being surrounded by paparazzi taking her pictures and she felt uncomfortable. 


Justin reached out for her hands and held them with his. Looking at her, "Georgie, your hands are cold. Don't fret, I am here. Paparazzis have their way of infiltrating private lives, I'm so sorry I got you tangled in this, I know you're new to this."


"I'm okay, Justin. Just a little shock. I couldn't imagine you dealing with this almost all the time." Georgia uttered with so much concern as she looked at Justin's worried expression. 


Justin reached out for her and placed his arms around Georgia's back so Georgia could rest her head on his shoulder. Looking at each other, he whispered, "I am accustomed to this. It is you I'm worried about. Will you get used to this?"  


Georgia felt her heart melt, just by looking at his face, his blue eyes, and his sincere expression, she knew she could ride the waves with him. "I can and I will," she said, touching Justin's nose tip with her fingertips. 


Justin looked at her with the admiration she had been receiving for days from him, and whispered, "Thank you" as he kissed her on her forehead. 


Oh my God, to be this close to him. Justin Timberlake cuddling and kissing me, to be resting on his shoulders, and hearing his heart beats, I'd give everything., Georgia sighed as she mulled over the cons of dating the boyband's heartthrob. 



Chapter 13 by Mariawritesagain

Georgia sat still on their suite's couch as she ruminated about what was written in a column in Teen magazine. To think that she was only seen with Justin yesterday, last night, and during the concert, the paparazzi were already quick enough to presume things about her and Justin. 


"Hey, have some of this. It's good." Jovie handed her a box of Double Stuffed Oreos. "Did Justin call already?" she asked while perusing the column in the magazine. "Is this bad?", her eyebrows furrowed as she skimmed through the article inferring that Justin Timberlake, the boyband heartthrob was besotted with a fan after he brought her up the stage during the boyband's concert. Images from their food truck date and their sweet rendezvous at The Gramercy were printed as well. 


"'Course it's not good news. Justin and the boys are at the peak of their careers. Love life is not supposed to be in the picture, it won't look good, especially for the fans." Frank expounded while looking at the magazine as well. 


Georgia massaged her temple with her hands. "Great. My firsts with Justin such as my first date ended up written in a magazine. So memorable, right?" she said sarcastically. 


"Yup. I plan on buying multiple copies and keeping some of them ." Jovie joked. 


She frowned at her best friend and replied, "Seriously?!"


"You look dashing in those pictures, by the way," Frank interjected, grinning. 


Just when Jovie was about to throw another mockery at Georgia, the doorbell rang. Frank stood to answer it as Justin clothed in a blue tie-dye shirt and a cream baggy pants stepped inside, looking antsy. "Hi, Frank. Hi, Jovie." he managed to greet them as he paced towards Georgia, who was seated on a couch. 


Georgia stood up as she welcomed Justin, "Hi" she mumbled as she welcomed him with an embrace. Justin's reaction immediately changed into a warm smile. 


He held her on her waist, kissed her cheeks, and then examined her, his blue eyes showing affection and concern, "How are you?"


Both Frank and Jovie made funny kissing noises as they watched the two wrapped in each other's arms, which made them all chuckle. "With the magazine? I'm okay, I guess?", brushing his curls with her hands, she asked, "How are you? Have your manager spoken to you about it?" 


They reclined back on the couch, Justin letting go of Georgia's hand only to clasp his arms around so the latter could rest her head on his shoulders. 


"Oooh, lovebirds." Jovie mocked them. Getting used to Jovie's jokes, the two just brushed her off. 


"They think it is best to say nothing. No confirmation at all 'till the media mellows down about us and hopefully find the next celebrity to write about."  He shook his head and turned to Georgia with a questioning look, his eyes deep, as if asking her questions he knew would hurt her. 


Georgia leaned in to whisper, "I can deal with that. I knew what I was getting myself into." 


"I just want to be with you. It's hard with all these media and paparazzi following us."


"That's fine, we'll work through it." Georgia comforted him, seeing how he was troubled by all this publicity and how it would impact his career, not only his, but the other four guys as well if things went downhill. 


Justin squeezed her hand, "One day...." and brushed his soft lips against her forehead. 


The After-Party.


Dressed in a matching top, skirt, and beret hat that she shopped with her friends that afternoon, Georgia sat on one of the chairs inside the boyband's dressing room backstage with her friends. Justin had his driver pick them up halfway through the concert so that he could introduce her to his bandmates and they could all go to the party afterwards. 


"I don't think this is necessary," Georgia mumbled, fiddling with one of her hooped earrings, she's becoming more tense as the concert was coming to its finale, which meant she'd be introduced to JC, Lance, Joey, Chris and their manager. Not to mention, the celebrities at the after-party and, oh! The paparazzi! 


Jovie held her hand to stop her from taking off the earrings, "You're nervous. Chill out."  speaking the last two words firmly and then poring over her sightly appearance, "You're a doll. You've become more drop-dead gorgeous these past few days. So, breathe." 


"It's the "Justin effect'" teased Frank. 


Staring at her two friends who never fail to keep her shirt on whenever she's about to lose it, she's thankful she has them both here with her right now. 


A few minutes later, the five guys dressed in matching white neon-colored long sleeves and pants entered the room, all sweaty and panting after a vigorous performance of their Finale "Bye, Bye, Bye". 


"There you guys are!" Justin exclaimed as he trotted towards the three but stopped midway as he realized he was all damp. He stood beside Georgia as he introduced them. "Guys, this is Georgia and her friends, Jovie and Frank.", turning  to the three, "And you guys, these  are my brothers in the band, JC, Joey, Lance & Chris."  They all shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.  


Chris who was known for being goofy, acted as though he was about to hug Georgia, with Lance stopping him, "You wouldn't want her to smell you, right?" and the group burst out into laughter. 


After the band freshened up and changed outfits, they all jaunt in one limousine going to One Oak, NYC, the venue for the after-party. "Gosh, Georgie, never in my wildest dreams I've thought of riding a limo with these guys!", Jovie whispered to Georgia, her face flushed and obviously trying not to shriek with tremendous joy. Georgia turned to her best friend and gave her a sweet smile, which had not gone unnoticed by Justin who was seated beside her. 


"You okay?" he asked.


"Absolutely," Georgia replied, beaming. 


Taking her hand and brushing his thumbs lightly over it, he said. "I am glad you're here.", he whispered. "You make me so happy and you make my weariness go away." 


"I'd love to have that effect on you for a long time." 


Justin stared at her, his sapphire eyes glistening, "Promise?" 


Georgia leaned in closer, making eye contact. "You know I can't promise that, but I want to be able to. Let's try our very best." 


With that, Justin brought her hands to his lips and kissed them, which gained different reactions from the group. Some made funny kissing noises, "Oh no, not here.", "get a room.", then JC and Chris imitating them, sent them all cracking up afterward. 


"Shhhhh!" Lance interjected. "Okay, enough with the kissing and whispering and whatever. We're almost near One Oak. Justin, would you like us?" 


Justin nodded, Georgia clueless once again as to what was about to happen, sat there, and sipped wine from the glass that Joey offered to her. The group decided to sing their song, "I'll be good for you." with their perfect vocals and fingers snapping to the beat. 


"I know you're heart's anticipating
And my love is on your mind
Well don't you worry, I won't keep you waiting
Cause I ain't ever seen a lady so fine, YeahI know you want me, too
It's in your eyes, they say you do
They're telling me you'll open your heart to me Yeah
'Cause if you want me to (Oh)
I'll sacrifice my world for you
And show you the way love's supposed to be
Yeah"                         --NSYNC


Justin sang his part while smiling and teasing Georgia, he even tried to mellow dance with the beat and got Georgia to dance with him. Everyone in the limo was enjoying the joyride. After the group sang, they immediately spoke one by one which startled Georgia and her friends who were unaware of the band's next move. 


"Georgia" Joey called out for her attention.


"Will" Lance said with a smirk.


"You" Chris' high-pitched voice filled the car


"Be" uttered JC with a teasing smile.


"My Girlfriend?" Justin, who seemed to become shy all of a sudden, finally said in a warm voice, his face bright red. Georgia couldn't believe she had that effect on him. Her? Georgia Marie Saunders, a plain girl from Seattle, can make Justin Timberlake's face flush. 


She sat there a bit shocked. DID NSYNC JUST ASK ME TO BE JT's GIRLFRIEND?? , she asked herself, her thoughts racing faster than the limo. OMG!


Chris mumbled. "Oh, Justin, she's about to dump you."


JC chimed in, "Please say yes, or be ready to hear heartbreaking songs he'll compose for the next album."  Lance and Joey chuckled, examining Justin's bright red face and awaiting Georgia's answer. 


"This is my first time to ask---"  Justin, who was about to try to redeem his confidence was cut off by Georgia's "Of course, Justin Randall Timberlake. Yes."


Overjoyed and relieved, Justin threw his fist in the air and hugged Georgia. The car once again was filled with hee haws, happy waves of laughter, and sentiments about them officially being a couple. 


"I Promise, I'll be good for you. I fell fast for you. I couldn't explain." Justin whispered in her ear.


"That's silly, you know I fell first," Georgia said, reminding Justin how she was into him before they even met. They were both whispering, as if they were the only two people in the limo, not caring about their exhilarated friends. Justin stole a very quick kiss on her pinkish-smooth lips. 


"Love the taste of your lipgloss." He teased.


Georgia bit her lip, allowing herself to relish the aftertaste of Justin's lips on hers, which tasted like sweet wine, and said. "Strawberry. I'll take note of that.", making a mental note to buy more flavor of that lipgloss. 


As expected, paparazzi stormed their way as they tread out of the limo in front of the entrance of One Oak. Blinding flashes from different cameras were thrown in their direction, The boys, along with their bodyguards as well, made a circle so that the two girls, especially Georgia would be barely exposed from the preying eyes of the media and the paparazzi. 





Chapter 14 by Mariawritesagain

Georgia was introduced to Johnny, the band's manager, a minute after they walked inside the event, followed by Trace, Justin's best friend. She was introduced to other people too, big people in the industry that Justin is in.


"Are you keeping track?" Justin jested with a grin, holding her hand as he led her back to their table. 


"Honestly? No. I doubt if I can remember them all." she replied. All of their friends were drinking and dancing as they made their way back to them. Some celebrities, like Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, and Timbaland even joined them. 


She noticed how close Justin and Britney were, it was as if there was something special too, in the way she looked at him. "One of the things you'd have to learn to deal with. He's kind of a girl-magnet."  She turned to see Trace easing his way towards her in a pool of people dancing, with a reassuring smile plastered on his face. 


"Hi, Trace! yeah, I sure have a lot of rivals." She joked. "That diva right there appears to be a tight competition." she gestured at Britney who was still talking to the group.


"Well, Britney's kinda nice. You don't have to worry about her, I guess? Actually, no woman can quite compete with you tonight. You see? Justin is busy making rounds, that's for business purposes but, he got his eyes on you." he pointed at Justin who was smiling at them, looking as if he would want to blow up the conversation he was having any time. "He introduced you to a lot of people here as his girlfriend, and that is such big of a deal." 


"Thanks for the pep talk." she laughed and glanced at Justin who gave her a wink in an instant. 


"Well, I am not the best friend for nothing." He winked and upped his glass of whisky for a toast,  and so did Georgia with her Margarita. Trace went off and mingled with Wade and the other guys.


Trying hard not to be jealous, she tried to join them and befriended Britney which, the latter openly gave to her. Britney was so nice to all three of them, that it made her feel guilty for even being jealous of her. 


The DJ spoke amidst the blaring of loud music from humongous speakers surrounding the place, "Everyone, give it up for Johnny!"  as their manager Johnny, walked up the stage. 


He waved his hand and vowed to the crowd, "Thank you, friends from the industries for coming as we celebrate the success of my boys, NSYNC's NSA TOUR NEW YORK LEG. Our boys are grateful to be out partying after years of pure hard work. Let's give it up for NSYNC!" he shouted and gestured for the boys to come up the stage with him.


The boys did a funny dance while walking up the stage and vowed. "Thank you, my hometown, New York!" shouted Joey through the crowd, followed by the other boys expressing their gratitude to their friends in the industry for celebrating with them. 


"Let's party 'till we drop!" Justin yelled as they made their exit from the stage. 


Justin immediately went to her side and kissed her on her cheeks. "I wanna leave and just stay at the hotel with you." he whispered in her ear and then stared at her with his sapphire blue eyes, "Do you still want to stay?" he asked. 


Wrapping his arms around his neck, Georgia said, "I'd love to have you for myself, too." kissing him on his chin, she added, "But this is your party. I don't think it'll look good to leave this early?" 


Justin shrugged. "Right, but we'll still leave early, just not this early," he uttered while looking at his TAG Heuer wristwatch that says 2355H.


Georgia nodded. "Let's go find our friends."  tagging Justin along with her as they made their way through the crowd. 


To her astonishment, Justin pulled her back to his arms and whispered, "What have you done to me? You make me do things I don't do before." his eyes searched and eventually met Georgia's, in a spur of the moment, their lips met, too. At midnight. 


Yes, in the middle of the busy crowd dancing, laughing, drinking, and whatnot, they shared their first intimate kiss. Georgia's eyes closed in an instant as her lips parted slightly, allowing Justin's tongue to slip inside, putting her arms around Justin's neck as if asking for more. Justin pressed his body against Georgia's soft body, both not wanting to let go, not minding the crowd of people and their happy stares. Devouring both of their soft, almost silken lips. 


Warmth blossomed inside Georgia's chest. She didn't know how she was able to respond to Justin's kiss, it was as if her lips and tongue had a mind of their own, knowing when to follow Justin's lead. This is her very first romantic kiss in her 18 years of existence- and to be shared it with Justin Timberlake makes it very extraordinarily magical and memorable.


Sparks ignited as Justin leaned in close, he couldn't resist her, he had been wanting to kiss her ever since the night he brought her up the stage during their concert. The smell of her perfume, the scent of her apple hair conditioner, her soft hands that gave many sensations every time she touched even his curls, her pinkish lips, and her brown hazel eyes that spoke through him- were all dizzying and his self-control did not win this time. He had to kiss her. 


They were surprised as they heard people making funny noises and comments around them as they stopped kissing. Both of them let out a shy chuckle as they tried walking past everyone. Georgia caught a glimpse of Britney's evil stares. No, I'm just overacting. Maybe she was just having blurry visions because of the alcohol, she deliberated. 


"Here comes the lovebirds!" exclaimed Chris as they found them, along with Jovie and Frank huddled together in one of the couches. 


Lance stood up from one of the big couches so that Justin could sit and Georgia sat on his lap. "Ooohhh" cried the group, mocking the two. 


"We're thinking of leaving and going to the hotel instead, have some night in," Justin announced to the group.


"We're coming," Joey answered immediately.


"Yup. don't leave us here talking to people about our upcoming album and stuff again." Lance interrupted. 


"So, let's go!" Frank chimed in. 


Before they could even stand up, Britney and Christina came walking towards them. "Hey guys, where you going?" asked Christina 


"Whoops!" Chris mumbled in despair under his breath.


"We're heading out for some fresh air," JC answered.


"Let's play a game first!" Britney invited them. 


"What game?" Justin asked


"Truth or Dare!"


"Ahh, no. We're kind of too tired for that." Joey contested, brushing her off by waving his hands. 


"What? This doesn't require any physical force. Don't chicken out." Britney said.


The boys looked at each other. Lance stepped forward and spoke, "Okay, but only for one round." 


"One round" 


They all settled on the couch, squeezing in to make some room for Christina and Britney. Georgia moved from sitting on Justin's lap to sitting beside him now. 


They started spinning the bottle and a series of questions were thrown, Frank was dared to drink three shots of tequila with everyone cheering him on, "Chug it down, chug it down!!"


Lance was asked if he ever kissed a girlfriend before. Joey was dared to close his eyes and send a blind text to a random person. JC was dared to do a push-up after chugging a shot of whiskey. Chris was asked if he hooked up on their tour bus. Jovie was asked if she had a crush on someone in the room (of course, JC!), Christina was dared to give a foot massage to someone and he picked JC, of course!


Justin chose TRUTH when it was his turn, so JC asked him, "Have you ever been in love with a fan?"


Justin immediately answered, "Yes, evidently, I am right now." He said, looking deep into Georgia's eyes. The group started teasing them except for Britney and Christina. 


When it was Britney's turn, which obviously she had been anticipating and waiting for, she picked DARE. "Hmm, okay, I dare you to give the hottest person in the group, in the group, okay? A lap dance." Christina commanded. 


Everyone turned silent. But that did not stop Britney from sitting on Justin's lap and starting to grind. Justin looked at Georgia wide-eyed and then subtly pushed Britney away, "That's enough." he said, his face red from embarrassment. He took Georgia's hand in his and whispered, "Sorry 'bout that" 


"Okay, Georgia for the finale, mind giving Justin a peck on the lips in front of all of us?" Lance asked. 


Beaming, Georgia answered, "Of course! Be our guest" 


Payback time, bitch! Georgia said to herself as she thought of getting back at Britney for doing the lap dance in front of her. Imma show you, he's mine! she screamed inside her mind. 


She turned to Justin, Justin was all smiles as he anticipated the kiss, his eyes were half-closed and his lips were waiting. Georgia leaned in closer and copied what Justin did a while ago to initiate the kiss, her lips parted Justin's lips and she played with her tongue, pushing it inside Justin's. Justin responded smoothly, his hand cupping her cheeks. 


"Okay, stop. That's not just a peck at all" Jovie joked. 


"They're gone, you guys can stop French kissing now," Chris said laughing, referring to Britney and Christina who walked out while they were engaged in a kiss. 


They all laughed. "You're a fast learner" Justin whispered, talking about her kiss.


"Thank you, Sir!" Georgia joked. 

Chapter 15 by Mariawritesagain

Having little sleep, a few Margaritas, and tired from last night's shindig, Georgia woke up with a slight headache the morning after the party. The boys decided to leave the event with them right after their TRUTH or DARE game with Britney. They all headed to their hotel and spent the night ordering Chinese and Thai food, pizzas, and some ice cream while watching movies and throwing jokes. 


She turned to see Jovie already wide awake and staring at the ceiling. "Good Morning to you." Jovie made no response so she threw a pillow at her. 


"Hey!' Jovie squealed. 


"You're not talking, just wanna check if you're awake or sleeping with eyes open."  Georgia joked. "You're literally staring at the ceiling, not moving at this early morning. Come on, did you even sleep?"


Jovie turned to face her, hugging her pillow. "Georgie, I was contemplating what just happened in the few days of our stay here." 


"I know. Surreal." Georgia replied, smiled, and nodded her head. 


Jovie stood up and walked over to Georgia's bed and sat down. "We've been hanging with NSYNC these past few days. Months or weeks ago, we were just so frenzied to see them perform at the concert,"  she said in a dreamy tone.


"They were with us in the Limo, at the after-party, and here in our hotel suite," Georgia recalled and summarized it for her best friend. "They are now our friends."


Both leaning at the bed's headboard, they let out a gasp. Jovie faced her again. "And, you are now Justin Timberlake's girlfrieeeennnnnd!" she almost yelled at the top of her lungs, and with that, they both shrieked with excitement. 


"Who would have thought?? Like, OMG!"  Georgia uttered as she tried to calm herself down and wrestle with her own thoughts. Everything happened so quickly, a few weeks ago, she was just having secret chat, late-night texts, and talk with Randall, and now she's here in New York dating Justin Timberlake. From an avid fan turned into a girlfriend. But for how long? she thought. 


She curled up in her bed, beating her brain out about the cons that were starting to sink into her, as Jovie went out to call and order their breakfast. 


First, the limelight. What happened during their dates, the press, and the publicity, can she really handle it? Then there's the distance and time, they will still be on the road doing tours and concerts, and even after that, they'll record a new album, which means more shows and probably another tour, can they make it even with so little time for each other? Lastly, girls like Britney. She witnessed how eager the latter was to get Justin's attention even right in front of her. How many girls like her will she have to fuss about, worse compete with? Will Justin be able to resist temptation? 


URRGGHH! No, I will not fret over these things for now! she told herself and climbed out of bed to shower. 


3 missed calls, 2 text messages from Justin


"Good Morning, Beautiful."


"My Georgie." 


The texts sent her to cloud nine, making her smile with so much bliss. The way he calls her My Georgie was euphoric for Georgia to read. 


Her cell phone rang again. "Hello." she greeted. 


"Hello there, my beautiful." Justin's beautiful voice responded.


"Uhm, no. I'd like to hear you say my name." Georgia said in a sweet voice.


Justin chuckled which made Georgia's heart flip a beat, Gosh, even his laugh sounds so good, Georgia thought. 


"My Georgie, good morning" Justin obeyed, saying it in a flirtatious, sweet voice of his. 


"Well, good morning to you, too, My Justin"  


"We'll pick you up for lunch or would you like to stay in and order for lunch?  We'll be leaving tonight, I wanna spend the rest of the day with you."  Justin spoke, and his voice suddenly changed. 


"Hmm, let's stay in. I don't wanna go out and about with paparazzi looming over us. I just want to spend time and cuddle with you." 


"Me too. We'll come over in a few." 


The band arrived carrying Starbucks coffees, doughnuts, and bagels for all of them since it was still breakfast when they arrived while Georgia ordered omelets and sausages. 


"We come bearing food!" announced Joey. 


Chris grabbed Justin's shoulders and exclaimed, "We're here to support our baby brother to spend the entire day with his girlfriend." 


JC chimed in, "Our baby finally got himself a girlfriend", patting Justin on his head, 


"Stop it, you guys!", Justin said with a smirk, which made everyone laugh. 


"Aww, baby Justin." Georgia quipped while hugging him. 


Justin kissed her on her hair. He cupped her cheeks and looked down at her, he said, "No, you're my baby.", then he leaned down and kissed her lightly on her lips. 


Everyone began to murmur and shoo them. "Guys, some of us are single, can you not?" Lance joked. 


They feasted on the food for their breakfast while having coffee and some chitchat. They ordered Chinese food for lunch, pizza, burgers, and fries for snacks while watching shows and throwing jokes or teasing each other. 


"I hate to go later, I'll be missing you," Justin spoke while everyone was engaged in their own chinwag. 


Georgia looked up at him, her chin resting on his shoulder, "Me too. I'll miss you a lot. But both of us need to prioritize. I'll study and you live your dream, go on tours, and make amazing music. I'll wait.", she said in a hushed tone, staring at his blue eyes. 


Justin hugged her closer, tightly this time she could hear his heartbeats again, she loved being this close to him. It feels intimate for her. "I can wait, too. Waiting is hard, but we can do that." 


"I'll fly to wherever you are if I will be given a break or I'll fly you out to visit me.", he added. 


Georgia sat up straight and pored over Justin's handsome face. "How about girls? Girls like Britney? I saw what she did last night. I have no match for her, Justin." she said hesitantly, not sure if pouring out one of her fears to Justin was right. 


"What do you mean?" Justin asked her looking bothered. "Georgia, you are unmatched by any woman" 


Warding off herself from crying, she blurted out, finally releasing what had been troubling her since last night after the Britney incident. "Can you resist temptations like that?" 


"Hey, come here babe." Justin immediately pulled her closer again. Hugging, rubbing her arms, and kissing her on her head. He pushed Georgia when he felt she was already lightened up a bit and gazed at her beautiful face. "Look at me, my Georgie." lifting her chin so that their eyes meet, "I don't want you racking your brain about that. You don't have to, I can never look at any other girls now the way I see you, babe, even Britney. You have my heart with you. I don't care if it's hard for me, just take it with you." 


Georgia felt the warmth and sincerity in his voice, her heart did not do a double flip this time, it felt like it was going to melt with his words and his gaze. 


Justin poured out his feelings through his words to Georgia, he had never felt such strong emotions for a woman before. He knew. He was positive, he could never hurt her that way. He loved her so much he couldn't even bear the thought of it. 


Just by gazing at her, she can make him do wonders. That moment, as he stared into Georgia's hazel brown eyes, which a moment ago was about to be almost filled with tears. She drew him towards her, her eyes were like a magnet to him. 


Georgia was overwhelmed by emotion after he heard Justin's confession. It doesn't matter now what tomorrow may bring, what storms will come their way, they just have to dance through it together. Same with what Justin said, she can never look at any other man the same way she sees Justin. She loved him then and she loves him more now. His blue eyes and lips were dizzying her, how gorgeous this man was, she could easily give in to his will. 


Justin inclined his face towards her, and his lips lay on hers. Smooth at first. Then their tongues played, dancing the rhythm. Their breathing was starting to be heavy. The kiss was different from last night, this time it was full of emotions. 


"Okay!!!" The couple broke apart from each other after hearing Chris' words and clapping. "Why do you always make out in front of us, lovebirds?" he teased. 


"That was a romantic scene to watch," Lance said pointing at the TV while laughing. 


"Sorry guys." the two chuckled. 


They spent the afternoon at a studio near the hotel to play some music. Justin even played the guitar and the group sang the song Everything I Own which was originally sung by The Beatles. 


The afternoon rolled by quickly. When it was time for the boys to go back to their hotel to leave, they dropped the three first at their hotel suite. 


"Have a safe trip to Pennsylvania," Frank told the boys.


"Go rock at the concert!" Jovie said. 


The group said their thank yous. "Have a safe trip back to Seattle after your apartment hunting," Joey replied. 


"Yup. We'll keep in touch, okay?" JC butt in. 


The group left the two at the suite's doorway, letting them bid their goodbyes for now. 


Justin reached out for Georgia and held both her hands while staring at her, "Remember, what we talked about earlier, okay?" 


"I will." 


"I'll fly when I'm free, I'll ask Johnny. I'll fly you out as well. Just have more patience with me and this, please? We can do this, right?" 


"We will and we can. I'll hold on to your promise to me." Georgia said, squeezing Justin's hands. 


"My Georgie,"  he said in a warm voice that made Georgia's knees weaken.  He pulled her closer, Georgia wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed each other. Savoring again their silken lips and their moment. Sealing their goodbyes with a kiss. 



Chapter 16 by Mariawritesagain

Two weeks after...


1 Text message from Justin. 


"Georgie babe, we just landed here in Florida. Call you later?" 


: "Okay, babe!" 


Georgia placed her cell phone back on the top of her drawer while she was stacking clothes on her luggage. She was at home in Seattle, preparing to go back to New York for the opening of their course next week with Jovie. They were lucky to find an apartment in the City after hunting for a place for like three days after the band took off to Pennsylvania, two weeks ago. 


It had been a series of late-night calls after the concerts, texts during the morning, AOL emails, and sometimes video conferencing through YM or Skype between the couple, Justin and Georgia, and at times with her family. Gia loves seeing Justin and asking for JC, haha!  They had managed to pass the rough couple of weeks of missing each other.


"Georgia, is JC coming over for Christmas?" Gia even asked her one time during dinner. 


"I'll try. They have to come home to their families, too. But, we'll see.", containing her laughter, she grinned at her sister who was so apparent in having a baby crush on JC.


It was the day before their flight back to New York when Britney's little lap dance at the after-party broke the internet. 


"It seems like Britney had extreme fun with NSYNC heartthrob, Justin Timberlake at their soiree in New York." Jovie read the headline of the article out loud, looking disgusted and staring in disbelief at her computer screen. 


The article implied that the two were spotted a lot of times at the party and were flirting, it did not even cite a thing about Georgia and Justin.


"How dare them?!" Jovie snapped. "How did they manage to dig up pictures of them together and not you two?? Like you guys were so into each other, you even kissed multiple times that night.?"  


Georgia sighed. "That's spot-on. But this is good, Jovie. This is what Justin and I want. It's better that the media wouldn't fixate on us, especially me. I wouldn't want to go to class every day being spied and photographed by them." 


Jovie raised an eyebrow and watched her closely. "So, you're okay with this?" 


"Let it go, I'm okay," she replied and hurried downstairs to get snacks, but truth be told, she didn't want her friend to dig down inside of her, because she was afraid she'd ascertain that it was intolerable for her. This is one of her fears, but practically, it also saved her from the paparazzi's prying eyes. But to see candid pictures of Justin and Britney together, smiling, talking to each other, and the lap dance torments her. 


That was the part of the night she dared not to relive, let alone to be publicized globally. Yet, there it was, breaking the internet for the world to see. 


Last Week of August.


Georgia and Jovie were back in New York, finally settled in their cozy apartment. They had been busy organizing things and still not finished with the kitchen when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," said Jovie, standing up from the floor where she sits and has been in charge of their glassware. 


Georgia was putting the pans and pots in a cabinet when she heard Jovie grasp and cry out, "Hey, you guys!!"  Then she heard the familiar voices coming from their living room.  She immediately made her way to the living room and was met halfway by Justin who was carrying a stem of roses that looked like he randomly handpicked from someone's garden along the way. 


Justin hugged her happily and kissed her long. "I missed you so bad," he mumbled under his breath.


"I missed you more," Georgia replied in between kisses. Justin stared at her with his sapphire eyes, his eyes full of longing and love. 


"What?" Georgia asked, blushing. His gaze was like fire burning her skin, yet it felt so good. 


"Just revelling in your beauty. I have missed looking at you and doing this," he said cupping her face with his hands. "And this," he added then kissed her again lightly. and gave her the red roses which Georgia smelled and placed in one of their jars. 


"How did you guys find our place?" Jovie asked once they were settled on their couch and feasting on the pizzas they ordered. 


"Thanks to Frank, he let us know the minute you guys moved," Lance uttered before taking a bite of his Pepperoni Pizza. 


"We have a month's break. Let's go to the beach., you guys!". Joey suggested.


A Week Later...


After days of mostly watching shows, staying in for the night, ordering food with the band, and at times going out for a quick date with Justin, they have finally gone for their much-awaited beach trip at Brighton Beach near Manhattan. 


Dressed in her one-piece black low-back swimsuit, Georgia lay on her back, she took a sip of her pineapple juice as she perused a book she had brought with her. 


"Hey, let's go take a dip!" Justin, wearing only his blue beach shorts, baring his fit upper body, beckoned while reclining beside Georgia.


Georgia looked up at him under her sunglasses, doting on her boyfriend's perfect abs and muscles. "Later, I need Jovie first to put sunscreen on my back," she said. Jovie was still at their car, picking up her book and some chips she had forgotten. 


"May I do the honor?" Justin said with a mischievous smile.


Georgia raised an eyebrow at him. "Hmm, okay. I command you to do it,"  she said playfully, gesturing at her bag which had the sunscreen lotion inside it. 


"Okay, turn over, Madame." Justin jested as he reached out for Georgia's bag and skimmed for the lotion inside it. 


He began pouring the lotion on Georgia's flawless back and started spreading and rubbing it into her girlfriend's smooth and supple skin. Oh, how glowing her skin is. Distract yourself, Justin naughtily thought to himself as he adored his girlfriend's skin and body with curves in the right places.


"Hmmmm" Georgia mumbled while laying on her stomach, wallowing in the feeling of Justin's warmth, soft, yet sturdy hands glazing her skin. "You can massage me too if you fancy it." she joked.


"Aha! Okay, a couple hundred dollars charge, Madame." Justin joked back, laughing. 


Georgia turned to face him. "No way!" she dismissed him, laughing.


"What?" Justin chuckled, throwing his hands in the air. "You have The Justin Timberlake rubbing sunscreen on you and a massage is an extra charge."  he rebutted, braggingly emphasizing his name. 


Georgia sat up, gushing over his pretty face, she leaned in closer and murmured in his ear, "Hmm, how about some canoodles and smooches?"


"That will do, Madame!" Justin immediately answered, mischievously grinning.


Georgia abruptly stood up and said, "On second thought, I'm not up for a massage at all." she said, slowly stepping away from Justin who was reading her mind and about to stand up anytime. 


Justin shook his head in disapproval and mouthed, "No. You'll like it for sure.", chasing Georgia as the latter started running away from him towards the group who were swimming at the beach. 


Justin scurried towards her yelling, "That's not fair! You owe me for putting sunscreen!" 


Georgia was guffawing when Justin caught her at the seashore. The waves splashed on them as Justin held her on her waist. "Now, I'm gonna collect my payment.", Justin whispered and kissed her, then bit her lower lip as he stopped. 


"Aww!" Georgia cried. "What the-!" Justin cracked up, seeing Georgia's reaction. Georgia splashed water and sand at him in revenge, but Justin was quick to hug her, making her unable to move. 


"I'm sorry. You can bite me too." Justin half closed his eyes and puckered up his lips at Georgia, and so she did. 


One night.. 


The band was staying at the girls' apartment one Saturday night, cooking food and baking for their Star Wars Marathon. Justin was busy whisking the ingredients for the cookie batter when his phone rang.  "HI, B! What's up?" he greeted the caller casually.


Georgia turned her head towards Jovie when she heard the name B, her eyebrows furrowed. "Britney??" Jovie mouthed, wide-eyed. 


Georgia moved closer to Justin, pretending to be scouring for something inside the fridge. 


"Hmmm, yup, so I heard." 


"We haven't spoken about it yet."


"Alrighty then, see you!"  With that, he put his phone back on the counter and returned to prepping the cookie batter when he noticed Georgia was giving him side glances. 


He walked up to her and stared at her questioningly, observing her reaction. 


"What?" Georgia asked him, trying to sound nonchalantly. 


"What, what?" Justin replied, still studying Georgia. 


"Move," Georgia ordered coldly as she tried to walk past Justin, but he kept on blocking her way. 


"That's Britney." He finally fessed up. 


"So I heard," Georgia said, imitating Justin, crossing her arms over her chest.


"Come on," Justin begged and hugged her. even without Georgia hugging him back, he planted kisses on her head. 


"She said, we might be having a project together, which is known to me, but I am not sure yet. Johnny and I haven't talked to us about it just yet,"  he explained.


Looking up at him, and staring at each other, Georgia asked, "So since when did you start talking to her?" She was not sure of the relevance of her question but she just wanted to know. 


"Since like a week after the party?" he answered. "She called me first and I did not bother to ask how she got my number, okay? We just talked a little." 


Georgia felt a stab of pain, They had been talking and I was not aware. Oh wow! she thought. 


She raised an eyebrow and started to break free from Justin's hug. "Oh, so when do you plan on telling me that you've been calling each other?"  she said, trying to avoid eye contact. 


Justin searched for her face but Georgia wasn't looking and busied herself preparing the oven. "Come on, Georgie, we're not talking. She only called me twice. You know, I'm busy. I rather call you in my free time than speak to her." 


"But why did you keep it from me?" she asked, crestfallen, looking at him directly in his eyes.


Justin leaned on the counter beside the fridge, looking plagued. "Cause I know you'll not like it," he said, looking down. "I was planning on telling you though, I just didn't know how. We only have a month's vacation, Georgia. I love spending it with you. Every day feels reviving and restful for me to be with you, away from the limelight, from the rattle of the concerts that we had for years. We'll be back to the noise of the crowds, the tiring rehearsals in a week." 


He heaved a heavy sigh and added. "You? You'll start college next week, too. This is the only time for now that we get to have a lovely time and create memories. Do you think I wanna risk that over some B's call?" 


Georgia felt a pang of guilt as she listened to Justin's words. She hates to admit it but he's right. Her jealousy just won over her tonight. 


"I'm sorry. You're right. I don't want to ruin our time just because of her too. I just couldn't help it, I guess"


Justin pulled her for another hug and she hugged him back. Justin started swaying her as if they were dancing and whispered. "I'm sorry too. I hate the thought of even hurting you." He pulled back and gazed at her, leaning forward as he spoke closely at her face, their nose almost rubbing each other. "Remember what I wrote on my card for you? You are my peace in this crazy world I'm in. I don't want to lose it because of losing you." 


Georgia pulled back and chuckled, "Stop with your flowery words, Justin Randall Timberlake!" 


"But it's true." he objected and kissed Georgia on her forehead, cheeks, nose, and lastly on her pinkish lips. 


Oh, how can I stay mad at this guy when I'm madly in love with him? , Georgia pondered as she melt in Justin's arms. 



Chapter 17 by Mariawritesagain

Thanksgiving.


The Saunders hosted the Thanksgiving with the Ongs and the Timberlakes as their guests. Justin and his family flew to Seattle two days before Thanksgiving. It was also 'meet the parents' day for the couple, Justin and Georgia.


Everything went smoothly. They all gifted gifts to everyone even both of their parents. Momma Lynn adores Georgia and even invited her for summer. Georgia's dad had a one-on-one talk with Justin the night before Thanksgiving and even noted, "I feel my daughter has good taste and standard when it comes to dating" when he spoke with Georgia after speaking with Justin that night.


Justin flew back to LA on the day of Thanksgiving, after lunch, for their concert that evening.


Before she hit the sack, Georgia opened the drawer of her vanity cabinet and picked up the tiny box that Justin gifted her last night. It was a Tiffany bracelet with a heart charm that had the initials J in it. She held it up, admiring it and remembering Justin's words when he placed it on her wrist, "You'll always have my heart, my Georgie.", she kissed it and held it tightly over her chest near her heart.


"You too, J. You'll always have mine. You had it even before we met," she mumbled to herself.


Weeks after..


Things were flourishing for both Georgia and Justin. Georgia was doing good in class and made some new friends, she managed to ride along the paparazzi's stalking. NSYNC was approaching the end of their NSA tour and will be working on a new album. Most of all, their relationship was at its calmest state even though they spent Christmas apart and NSYNC's brand advertisement with Brit. Justin flew home and spent Christmas with his family in his hometown. Georgia spent hers with her own family as well. Of course, video calling was their friend in times like this.


A day before NYE..


The Saunders, Ongs, and the Timberlakes were all finally settled in their hotel rooms at The Renaissance Hotel Times Square. The Timberlakes were the first ones to land in New York a few days prior due to NSYNC's TV guesting such as TRL, SNL, and performances in the area.


"GRRR! I have missed you so much!" Justin exclaimed, carrying Georgia as he welcomed the Saunders inside their hotel suite.


"Let me down!" Georgia broke into a giggle. "I missed you, too," she said as soon as Justin put her down and was staring at her pretty face. His blue eyes beaming and his smile was all over his face.


He kissed her on her forehead and looked around, "That should have been on your soft and oh-so-good lips, but I'm afraid we're surrounded by the guardians." he joked as he whispered in her ears. Smiling, Georgia nodded at him in approval.


Gia suddenly came from behind Justin's back, tugging him on his shirt. Looking up, Gia set her eyes on Justin and asked. "Is JC coming too?". her soft expression and her puppy eyes made the two to giggle a bit.


Justin put his hands under his chin and pretended to be thinking. Then, he bent down and spoke to Gia in a hushed tone, "Let's call JC and ask him."


Gia's face lit up upon hearing Justin's words. They went about calling JC, making Gia's day even brighter. She even phoned one of her friends to brag that she would see JC of NSYNC tomorrow.


"I love that our families get to spend holidays together", squeezing Georgia's hand, Justin uttered as they were seated on the huge couch of Saunder's hotel suite after a luscious dinner at The Rennaisance Restaurant.


They looked at each other, "It's a wonderful feeling." Justin said deeply.


"It sure is." smiling, Georgia leaned and rest her head on Justin's shoulder. She closed her eyes and breathed a sigh of comfort, acknowledging the warmth feeling that both of them shared about their families spending holidays together, getting along too well, and supporting their relationship.

Chapter 18 by Mariawritesagain
Author's Notes:

stories/2399/images/download.jpgCrtedits to google for this picture

"Hey," Jovie called out from the hotel room door as Georgia brushed her teeth. 

 

"Are you spending the night here in my room?" she asked Jovie after she gargled and spit. 

 

"Maybe?", leaning on the bathroom door and putting her hands in her pocket, Jovie announced, "Justin's waiting outside. We're going somewhere." 

 

"Where?" she asked while looking at her wristwatch that said 2100H, surprised that Justin hadn't mentioned a thing earlier about going out tonight. 

 

Jovie just shrugged her shoulders at her. "Come on, Marco and Frank are coming too." 

 

---

 

Wearing a pink furry coat over her long sleeves and PJs, and twinning UGG boots with Jovie, Georgia walked hand in hand with Justin and Gia on her other hand, along with Jovie, her two brothers, and Justin's brother, Nathan on the busy streets of NYC on a cold winter night before New Year's Eve. 

 

"Where are we going?" she asked Justin.

 

"Here." Justin stopped at a wall full of sticky notes near their hotel. "These are the confetti that are being thrown in the air every New Year's Eve here in Times Square's Ball drop," he explained as he walked over to a booth and gestured for them to follow his lead. 

 

Raising his arms midway to the air, he recited dramatically with a British accent, "Now, this is Times Square's Wishing Wall." 

 

Nathan chuckled, "What's with the accent? We're Southerns, Bro"

 

"I just felt like it," he replied with a sassy smirk. He continued with his normal accent, "We write our wishes on sticky notes, we pin them on the Wishing wall, and we wait for New Year's Eve Ball Drop to see them shower us with these as confetti." 

 

They each snagged a sticky note and began scribbling their wishes, then pinned the notes on the Wishing Wall after which. 

 

He looked down at Gia who was eyeing the wall with a smile. "Will it make our wishes come true?", she asked Justin.

 

Scratching his head, Justin grinned at Georgia. "help me out here." 

 

"You can do it," Georgia said, containing her laughter.

 

He bent down at Gia, "Well, you know, Santa receives more than 8 million letters every year from children worldwide." 

 

"And?"  Gia asked, her inquisitiveness even more evident as she stared at Justin, waiting for his answer. 

 

"And he only had a few reindeer so, it's a long wait, you have to be patient," Justin added. "What did you write?"  he asked, changing the subject. 

 

"Wishes are supposed to be a secret," she answered immediately. "And I know, those notes won't be sent to Santa, you said they would be thrown as confetti." 

 

Marco mumbled, "You're not informed about how smart she is." which made them all laugh. 

 

"Yeah, it seems so," he said. "Okay, mini Georgia, let's head back to the suite." while taking Gia's hand as they started to march back to the hotel. 

 

"But I'm not little Georgia, we're different," she uttered in disapproval.

 

"Are you? Well, you look like Georgia, you're both beautiful, and your name sounds like it is short for Georgia." Justin explained, who looked like he was enjoying his dialogue with Gia. 

 

"My name is just Gia," Gia replied as they stepped inside the lobby of the hotel. "I am smarter than her, ask my Mom. And we have different likes. I like JC." she said matter-of-factly. 

 

The elevator was filled with "Woah's" with Gia's retort. Justin was cracking up when Gia followed it up with, "I mean, I like you too, you're nice. But my crush is JC. Georgie was all over you since I can remember." she said, rolling her eyes. Everyone was containing their laughter with Gia's witty responses. 

 

Justin squeezed Georgia's hand and whispered, "She's so clever." 

 

DEC 31, day of NYE.

 

After a gratifying and lavish lunch of steak and an assortment of seafood at the Rennaisance Hotel, they all went back to their suites to prep for the band's performance later at the New Year's Rockin Eve at the Ball Drop. They all decided to go, to be together when the clock struck midnight. The band will be performing at around 10 pm and due to the festivities, the road will be jammed with people on the streets, which would make it impossible for them to head back to the hotel right after. 

 

Merrymakers started to fill the streets late in the afternoon and the roads were already closed to any vehicles. It was a good thing the Band, along with Momma Lynn and Nathan were picked up by their service limousine earlier. 

 

Georgia's phone rang as they winded their way through a throng of revelers of different ages, individually, couples, and in groups heading to the same area. "Hello, J?"

 

"Georgie, where are you?" 

 

"We're almost there, the crowd is growing here." 

 

"I see that. Are you sure you can make it here on the guest fence?" he asked, sounding worried. 

 

"Yeah, I can see the stage now. We're close."

 

"Okay, Just tell one of the securities that you're on the list under our name. They are aware. Take care, I'll see you in a bit." 

 

As they were approaching the stage, they noticed that the Ball was already being seen along Broadway. They were let inside the guests' fence the moment they arrived, along with other performer's family and friends. They were met with the band once they were settled and introduced to another famous band named O'Town.

 

Gia was gushing all over JC all through the introduction. JC made her beaming with bliss every time JC talked to her. The funny thing was, JC was amused at her too, and her puppy crush on him. 

 

Came 1800H, the celebration began with live telecasts around the globe. The Ball was then lit and ascended with blasts of par excellence fireworks effects. 

 

Justin stood behind her as they watched the fireworks, hugging her from her back "My heart is so full, I can't believe I'm now about to welcome New Year with someone I adore so much." he mumbled to Georgia's ears in his husky voice. 

 

Georgia turned her head to look at him. His voice alone was music to her ears, hearing his words made her swoon. Her own heart started to feel warm as she saw his sapphire eyes displaying affection, his pupils started to dilate. 

 

"I feel the very same way, J" she whispered back. Justin smacked her on the lips and she leaned her head over his shoulder as they continued to watch the Ball and the Host's announcement of the opening of the New Year's Rocking Eve. 

 

Wearing the party hats as part of the party poppers that were given to them, they watched and dance with excitement as the band performed onstage as one of the Star Performers for that year's New Year's Rocking Eve. 

 

"I am glad we're all here to experience this." Her mom spoke against the blaring sounds from the performances and gave Georgia a squeeze on her shoulder. Both of her parents seemed to be enjoying the show, they were smiling, mingling with other guests, and even dancing and singing. So were her siblings, Gia, Genevieve, and Amir who were playing with their party poopers and were singing, especially Gia who screamed her heart out when JC was onstage. 

 

Throughout the show, Justin would come out from backstage to join them on the guests' fence with Georgia on his side or hugging her as they both gawked at other performers onstage. 

 

At 2359H, a minute before the 1st of January, before the big moment, The Ball began to descend as it was simulated with the sixty-second countdown flashing on the big monitor. 

 

"5, 4, 3, 2."  the crowd began to chant the countdown. 

 

"1!" as the clock struck midnight on January 1, 2001, the New Year's Ball's lights were turned off, and the number of the year 2001 flashed shining atop Times Square. 

 

Everyone was greeting everybody a Happy New Year! Couples started to kiss, as well as their parents and of course, Justin & Georgia. 

 

Cupping her chin, Justin leaned down to kiss Georgia. Their lips locked and tounges intertwined, as the New Year's confetti made up of the wishes written on sticky notes was showered to the celebrators from the rooftops of all the buildings surrounding Times Square.  It created a downpour of vibrant colors of confetti in the area, making it mystical and romantic, especially for reveler couples such as Justin and Georgie. 

 

Staring and enamored by her girlfriend's pretty face, Justin spoke as soon as they stopped kissing, "This is one of my most unforgettable New Year's Eve for me. I love you, my Georgie." 

 

Still short of breath from the long kiss they shared, and from finally hearing those three words from her celebrity boyfriend, Georgia answered, "Me too, J. This is gonna be one of my cherished keepsakes." 

 

"And?" Justin asked with a smirk, his blue eyes waiting and signaling for her to answer what he just said. 

 

Georgia bit her lip and crossed his arms over his neck, pulling him closer again. "And, I love you too, J"  sealing it with another lip lock under the blizzard of confetti. 

Chapter 19 by Mariawritesagain
Author's Notes:

stories/2399/images/b1.jpg

PHOTO GRABBED FROM TWITTER

"What's up with you?" Jovie gave her a look and asked, as they walked around campus, heading back to their flat, a few weeks after New Year. 


"Nothing" she replied apathetically and shrugged, barely looking at her best friend and keeping her eyes straight. Truth was, she was still bothered as to why many people pumped Justin about Britney at the party she and Justin went to, the night after the Ball Drop. Questions like her whereabouts, why wasn't she there, why wasn't she there with him?? The thought of it bugs her.


Sometimes, I just want to punch some people and tell them, 'Can't you see? I am with him, I AM THE GIRLFRIEND!!' in their faces, she thought. 


"I am not buying it.", Jovie shook her head, giving her side glances, and observing her frowning face while adjusting her Body Bag. 


They walked in silence, with Jovie giving her space to contemplate. She gazed around her, everyone who passed by them seemed to be in a hurry, at a fast pace on a bright, Friday afternoon. Why is everything at full throttle? , she thought. Perhaps, it is true? What started fast, may end sooner than we expected, she told herself. 


Jovie sat down on one of the benches at Central Park, "Mind if we stay for a while? It's still early."


"Good idea" Georgia replied, sitting down. 


"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Jovie asked, a solicitude was building up inside her as the look of agony on her best friend, Georgia's face was evident.


She breathed hard as she answered dryly. "It's nothing, really. I am just weighing things." she kept her face straight and avoided looking at her best friend, shunning Jovie from seeing right through her. 


It has been weeks after the New Year's Eve party. When she asked Justin about it, he brushed her off by saying that, maybe it was just because of their appearances with Britney that made people see their closeness as something else.  But for her, it felt different. 


....


"Hello, babe!" Justin greeted her as she picked up his call, Sunday night. "How is my Georgie doing?" 


Warmth surged through her as she heard him say My Georgie. "I'm tired, babe, so much schoolwork and stuff. We have an upcoming exam next week and I have a report that is also due. But I feel relaxed now that I hear your voice." she said, smiling. 


"Aww, I promise I'll fly as soon as I can, babe. What can I do for now?" Justin asked.


"Don't worry about it. Are you recording songs right now?" she asked, upon hearing the music from the background. 


"Yup, we're listening to some demos, too. And--" Then she heard a woman's voice from the background who sounded familiar. 


"Is that Britney?" she cut Justin off, as she felt a pang of resentment bite her. 


"Uhm, yeah. She's around the city, so she visited, babe." Justin answered reluctantly.


"You sound dubious" she snapped, failing to control the jealousy that had been building up in the past weeks. 


"Babe."


"HMMM??" she answered wryly. "Listen, I have to go. I have loads of stuff to do.", ending the call without letting Justin speak.


...


That same night, she lay on her bed. She was twisting and turning as sleep refused to come, rereading Justin's text messages right after she dropped the call hours ago. 


"It's upsetting that you didn't even bother to ask how am I doing here in Los Angeles. Am I eating on time? Am I tired from rehearsing, recording, and guesting?" 


"But it's fine. I understand you're also tired. I wish you could have let me speak first before dropping the call. Or at least, allowed me to say how much I miss and love you."


"Please call or text me. I'll wait, babe."


She stared blankly at her phone, uncertain whether to say goodnight to him or not. What for? Britney's there. They can say good night to each other! , she deliberated. 


"Night, J. I Love you" --- SENT. 


Just like that, she turned off her cell phone without waiting for a reply and drifted to sleep. 


....


Another week has gone by, Georgia and Justin managed to fix their misunderstanding a week ago, or so Justin thought. 


"B-? What happened, G?" Maxwell asked, bewildered by her friend's report grade. "You were so good with this." 


"I don't know. Maybe, I wasn't that good at all?" Georgia replied. Maxwell was the first person she talked to in her class on their first day and instantly became good friends with her and Jovie. 


"Or, she has been dealing with something lately, and refuses to talk about it." Jovie butted in, coming from behind Georgia's back, carrying her bag and books in her arms, and sitting down beside Georgia. 


Georgia just gave her a knowing look.


"Oh, does this have something to do with the celebrity boyfriend?"  Maxwell teased. 


Unwrapping her sandwich, she responded, "Come on, it's nothing. Justin and I are doing fine." 


Both Jovie and Maxwell looked at each other and shrugged. 


--


Sunday Morning.


(Image of B's Interview)


She was curled up in bed, wearing her pyjamas, and blanket over her head. A wave of pain rolled through her, this time she couldn't dismiss it. It was like every pain she had tried to obscure these past weeks all came rushing through her like it was catapulted by a foe during a fight. She has nothing to throw, let alone a shield. 


B's Interview with Rolling Stone magazine proved  Georgia's suspicion these past weeks. I was not overthinking, I was feeling it. Something was going on and Justin lied to me! she thought as tears raced down her cheeks. 


Georgia quickly wiped her tears as soon as she heard footsteps coming. It was Jovie, walking from across her bedroom to hers. 


"Hey," Jovie shook her and gently pulled the blanket away from Georgia. "Have some breakfast." she placed a tray full of apple slices, milk, and some slices of bacon. 


"Thanks," Georgia said in a quavering voice as she sat up from her bed, picked up the apple, and took a bite. 


"I'll order food for lunch. I will be just inside my room if you are ready to talk about it," uttered Jovie and reassuringly squeezed her shoulder as she stepped out of Georgia's room, with Georgia only giving her a nod in response. 


She grabbed her phone while taking a sip of milk. 20 missed calls and text messages from Justin. She turned off her phone and continued having her breakfast, weeping in between bites and drinks. 


----


"Turn your phone on, please Georgie?" Jovie asked her nicely as soon as the former opened the door of their apartment for her, Tuesday night after class and dinner with their friends. 


Feeling a little light-headed from the glasses of wine she had, Georgia looked at her best friend questioningly, acting clueless.


Jovie put both her hands on her waist and gawked at her best friend, trying to call forth Georgia's memory of her boyfriend that she had been evading for the past few days, she said, "Just want to remind you that you have a boyfriend who keeps on calling and texting me about you." 


Georgia nodded in silence and made her way to her room, completely disregarding her best friend's words. She was tormented, despite having a few drinks with her friends in hopes that it would numb her, it was a futile move. 


Friday afternoon.


"Hey, Georgia," Maxwell called her as soon as she rose from her seat after their Literature Professor, Mr. Fitz dismissed their class. 


Grabbing her books, Georgia turned to see Maxwell already standing beside her. "Hey"


"I had a great time the other night." Maxwell blurted out, speaking about the dinner and drinks they had with their circle of friends. Georgia looked at him nonchalantly.


"And the others, too. I meant," he added with a shy smile. 


They began walking outside the room and towards Georgia's locker. "Yeah, Jovie missed the fun," she replied casually.


"Do you want to grab some coffee? I know a place," he asked, hands in his pockets and looking at Georgia with a hopeful smile. 


Georgia looked up at him uninterested, her eyebrows furrowed and oblivious to the fact that Maxwell was trying to ask her out. "You know, I don't drink coffee that much." 


"Oh, well, How about some pizza and hanging out?" 


Before Georgia could even answer, her attention was caught by a mob of students standing around the hallway, circling what seemed to be a group of people. "What's that?" she asked while craning her neck and adjusting her eyes to have a clear view. 


Georgia let out a gasp the moment she spotted what, or to put it accurately, who, the crowd of students was raving about. Of course,  she thought as she saw the band signing autographs for the students. 


Maxwell hissed and snorted, "Oh, as one would expect, it's the celebrity boyfriend." 


Lance immediately spotted Georgia and pointed her out, which made Justin to look her way. He called and quickly ran to her, "Babe!" with the four boys following his trail.


Justin kissed her on her forehead while hugging her tightly as if trying to make up for the weeks they have been distant, physically and emotionally. 


Georgia hugged him back, she felt all the pain and anguish melting away as their bodies collided. Once again, she felt secure in his arms, as she always had since the beginning, before all the chaos.


He leaned down and kissed Georgia as soon as they broke apart from the hug. How he longed for his girlfriend was evident in the way he ogled at her after their kiss. 


"This is the most stunning view I have been dying to see," he mumbled breathlessly after they shared a long kiss, cupping Georgia's cheeks with his hands while staring at her pretty face. His smile was so radiant that even his blue eyes were also smiling at her. 


Georgia bit her lip and her lips curved into a smile. Oh gosh, how can he send me into a whirlwind of emotions? She pondered as she stared back at his handsome face, marveling at how he could flip her world, from being frustrated and heart-wrenched one moment to feeling at home back in his arms the next. 


"Let's talk?" Justin asked, his blue eyes begging, reaching for her hands.


Georgia felt her heart rushed. The truth was, she was not ready for any confrontation. She nodded her head in disapproval. "No, I don't want to talk. I just want you here with me," she replied, squeezing his hand.


Justin looked at her long enough, he couldn't believe what he just heard. He flew just to make sure they would talk and fix what needed to be fixed. "Are you sure, babe? I wanna make things up with you." 


Georgia smiled, "Guess you already did. Your smile always gets me.", she teased. Justin hugged her once again. 


What matters is he's here now, with me. Other girls never matter at all. Georgia thought as she closed her eyes and melted into his embrace once again. 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=3134