The Magic of NSYNC by DiamondDoss
Summary: JC is trying to find his Christmas spirit.

For my Secret Santa, Mack_Attack22. She wanted Gingerbread houses, the scent of burning firewood, magic. I hope you enjoy your story!
Categories: Challenges Characters: Chris Kirkpatrick, Group, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: General, Humor
Challenges: Secret Santa Holiday Bash
Challenges: Secret Santa Holiday Bash
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1007 Read: 263 Published: Jan 04, 2016 Updated: Jan 04, 2016

1. Chapter 1 by DiamondDoss

Chapter 1 by DiamondDoss
JC Chasez looked around his house and sighed. It didn't look like Christmas. It was a balmy sixty-eight degrees outside and felt less like Christmas than any other time that he'd known in his adult life. It wasn't just because of the Los Angeles weather, but Josh just wasn't feeling the usual holiday spirit.

He'd shopped for presents, had them wrapped and placed carefully under the tree. The lights twinkled, ribbon and ornaments adorned the seven and a half foot Fir in his den. He stared at it, frowning. He picked up his cell phone and swiped across the screen.

“Call Joe,” he said, listening to Siri connect him to Joe and the phone ringing. JC doubted he'd get an answer but he'd try.

“Lo?”

“Is that how you answer your phone?” JC asked with a chuckle. “You busy?”

“Dude, I'm up to my hairy armpits in gingerbread. Kloey baby, you can't eat that. You gotta make the house first sweetie. Is there an emergency or something? I have tapped out all my free alcohol buddies in L.A man...” his voice trailed off.

“No Joey, no emergency. I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I miss you, ya know.” JC swallowed hard, the sudden rush of emotions getting to him. He and Justin were still in California, while Joey went back and forth between there and Orlando. Chris was trying to move to Nashville, Tennessee, and Lance was in New York City. They were all scattered and he missed his four brothers the most this time of year.

“Oh,” Joey's voice trailed off. “What are you laughing at, B? I look awesome with pink frosting in my beard. I miss you too, C. We should get together soon, after all this craziness.”

“We should,” he agreed, his eyes moving over the family pictures and then a few of the group pictures of the five of them together. Most of them were downstairs in his studio, but JC's favorites were where he could see them every day. “I'll let you go, man. Have fun with the gingerbread.”

Three calls later, JC had left a message for Justin and for Lance. He actually talked to Chris for almost an hour, laughing so much it made his face hurt. In all the years he'd known Chris Kirkpatrick it had never changed at how much fun he had with the older man. Even if it was from almost two thousand miles away. Chris and Karly were up in Pennsylvania visiting some of his family. JC had listened to him talk about the huge fireplace and the smell of the cedar firewood that was burning. A pang of jealousy swept through him as he thought about it.

Now that he'd hung up the phone, JC was back to having a small pity party. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He hated feeling like this. Something just wasn't right. A smile crossed his features as he thought of an old memory. Getting up, JC took his phone and put it on the home docking station that was hooked up to speakers. He found what he was looking for and hit play.

'Oh Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining,' JC sang along with himself and Joey, Justin, Chris and Lance. A smile was on his face, getting lost in the music. He knew it would seem silly if anyone else knew. However in his own home, he sang with gusto. Tears pricked his eyes thinking of the actual performance during the Ntimate with NSYNC taping, that the music still stirred his soul.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

It was a secret. At least that's what JC had planned for New Year's Eve. Joey and Chris were at The House of Blues in Orlando, doing a charity event and rocking out the night. He'd waited until almost ten to slip into the club, along with his two companions. They could hear the gasps of club goers and the flashes of camera phones.

“What in the world...” Chris said into the microphone as he shaded his eyes from the bright fluorescent lights that lit up the stage. “I think we're dreaming here, Joey. Either that or we've entered an alternate 2015.”

JC chuckled as he, Justin and Lance took the stage, hugging their friends and taking microphones. They'd all gotten older. Lived more life, gotten married, had kids, worked other jobs. However this was what made his pulse quicken and a smile come to his face. “Hey...” he said to the audience of screaming fans, most of them women who were now their age or slightly younger. “I know this wasn't planned for tonight. Heck, yesterday I called these two bozos,” he pointed to Lance and Justin, “and asked if they were up for this. So here we are. No one tweet we're off hiatus or if there's a tour.”

“No tour. Maybe music,” Chris cringed at the ear splitting screams of delight and looked at JC. “Did you remind them they aren't fourteen anymore?” he grinned and waved at a couple of women. “And that we aren't pieces of meat,” he joked as they screamed for Justin.

“Unless your name is Joey,” Lance interjected as they laughed, all but Joey who pretended to cry on Justin's shoulder. “But they love you Joe.”

“Sorry, ladies, I'm taken. Kelly said I have to start saying that now instead of saying you're all my girlfriends,” he said with a chuckle.

“Okay guys, let's come to do what we promised Josh. He was having some bad pity party nostalgia and begged. 'God Must Have Spent'?” Justin asked, raising an eyebrow as the guys all nodded and the band started playing.

JC would never tell that he planned this. That Lance and Justin had helped, so it just left Joey and Chris who were surprised. The harmonies were still on point, looking to his left and seeing Justin and Lance; to the right were Chris and Joey. He finally felt the holiday spirit. It was magic. It was NSYNC.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2867