A Christmas Surprise by PenguinPrincess
Summary: For my Secret Santa Alysen Blaine!!
Categories: Challenges, Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: None
Challenges: Secret Santa Holiday Bash
Challenges: Secret Santa Holiday Bash
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4628 Read: 374 Published: Dec 24, 2015 Updated: Dec 24, 2015

1. Chapter 1 by PenguinPrincess

Chapter 1 by PenguinPrincess
I woke up and with a quick glance at the clock knew I wasn’t getting up anytime soon, so I rolled back over and snuggled up to JC, laying my head on his shoulder and wrapping my arm around his waist. He instinctively pulled me closer and I smiled slightly to myself as a contented sigh escaped my lips. I had almost fallen back asleep when the alarm started to go off and I groaned as I tightened my grip around JC’s waist, not wanting him to get up.

“Mmm, morning.” JC’s raspy voice broke my thoughts as he reached over and shut off the alarm before wrapping his arm back around me.

“Why is the alarm set?” I whined snuggling closer to him.

“Mmm I’ve got a meeting and then Justin and I are getting together to get the liquor and stuff for the party Thursday.”

“Ugh remind me again why we are always the one to throw this party?” I pouted. I had been doing my best to think of a way of getting out of hosting this party so JC and I could spend a quiet night alone, but the closer it got the more excited JC seemed and I didn’t want to be the one to ruin it.

“Because when we started doing this five years ago we were the only ones who had enough space and were organized enough to pull it off.” JC chuckled as I just groaned.

“Don’t go; stay here with me…..in bed.” I added as an afterthought as I glanced up at him and traced my finger along the stubble on his jaw line.

“I have to; I actually have to get up now if I don’t wanna be late.” JC said glancing back up at the clock and patting my back lightly, motioning for me to move off of him. I sighed as I rolled away and watched him get up and make his way into the bathroom before I rolled back over and hugged his pillow to my chest.


A few minutes later JC emerged from the bathroom with his hair still slightly damp and made his way over to the closet where he pulled on a pair a jeans before turning and searching for a shirt.

“What do you have going on today?” JC asked as he stepped back out of the closet and sat down to pull his shoes and socks on.

“I have to finish up some baking and I have a few more presents to wrap. All yours are wrapped right? Or do you need me to finish yours too?” I asked as I watched him intently; loving everything about him, even his morning routine that was always the same.

“Uh, everything is done except that Final Fantasy game for Ty.” JC said after a moment.

“That’s with the stuff I have to wrap.” I nodded as JC stood and made his way over to the bed where I was still buried beneath a mound of blankets.

“I love you.” JC mumbled as he bent down and kissed me lightly.

“Come back to bed,” I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and tugged him closer, “Justin’s a big boy; he can go to the liquor store on his own.”

JC chuckled as he rested his forehead against mine, “I won’t be long, I’ll be back by two, but I have to go meet with Johnny right now.”

“Fiiiiine.” I pouted as I let me arms fall back down to the bed and stuck my bottom lip out.

“No later than two, I promise.” JC bent down and kissed me again, but then quickly stood up and started to make his way across the room.

“I love you Jace.” I called out after him, causing him to turn around and smiled softly at me, “I love you too Aly.”


I stayed in bed for a little while longer but once I realized I wasn’t going to be able to go back to sleep I reluctantly got up and made my way downstairs so I could finish the last few dozen cookies I needed to get done before Thursday. Once I got a batch in the oven I picked up the phone and debated for a second before typing in the familiar number and dialing Lance’s phone.

“Hello.” Lance answered and I smiled as I poured myself a glass of apple juice and made my way over to the table to sit down, “Hey Lance.”

“Oh hey Aly what’s up?”

“I need a huge favor.” I sighed as I sat my glass down.

“Oooookay.” Lance drug out slowly.

“I need you to hold the Christmas Eve party at your place.” I said all in one breath, hoping that he wouldn’t make a huge deal out of it.

“Why?” Lance asked slowly, obviously confused.

“I’ve got something planned for JC but it’s kinda personal and as much as I love you guys it just won’t work the same if you’re all here, and there will be no time Christmas morning with both of our families coming over and all you guys in and out all day.” I sighed, knowing that if Lance didn’t agree to this then my whole plan would be ruined.

“Aly that’s in like two days.” Lance sighed, but I could tell he was considering it.

“I know but it’s really important Lance, and I know none of the other guys can pull it off like you can. I mean all we ever really have are snacks anyway because everyone is more concerned with drinking, and if you need help I will help you throw some food together.” I pleaded wanting this more than anything.

“What’d JC say to all this? And why did you wait so long to tell me?” Lance asked in quick concession.

“JC doesn’t know. It’s Christmas, it’s suppose to be a surprise; and I waited so long to tell you because I wasn’t really sure that this was going to happen for sure until recently.” I said as I got up to check on the cookies in the oven.

“How are you going to pull this off without him knowing?” Lance asked skeptically.

“I’ve still got to get everything ready for everyone to be here Friday, so I’m still doing all the baking and stuff and making food and making sure the house is clean. The only thing is he said he and Justin were going to pick up the alcohol today, so someone will have to come get that, but other than that he shouldn’t find anything suspicious until you guys don’t show up.” I explained as I dropped more cookie dough onto the cookie sheet in front of me.

“Yeah if it’s really that important I’ll figure something out. Do the other guys know?” Lance relented causing a huge smile to break out across my face.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” I squealed as I jumped up and down in place as Lance chuckled on the other end of the phone, “and no the other guys don’t know yet; I want it to be a secret you know how they are.”

“Yeah, alright I’ll wait and tell them all last minute.” Lance laughed agreeing with me.

“You have no idea how much this means, and I totally owe you. You can come over Thursday morning and I’ll get all the food and stuff ready for you.” I continued, knowing I was putting him out by asking him to host the party so last minute.

“Don’t worry about it; I should be able to take care of most of it.”

“Well let me know if you need help or anything. I have no problem cooking or throwing everything together for you if you want.” I urged.

“Alright I’ll let you know.” Lance smiled before telling me he had to go and getting off the phone.


***************************************


JC let himself into Justin’s house and found him sitting in front of his tv playing playstation.

“Hey man.” Justin nodded without looking up from the game as JC sat down in an oversized chair across from Justin.

“Hey.” JC nodded as he turned his attention to the tv and watched as Justin played.

“You need something or you just miss me?” Justin raised his eyebrow as JC just sat there quietly.

“Yeah, are you about done with this game?” JC asked as he fidgeted in his chair.

“Why? You don’t need me to move furniture again do you?” Justin asked apprehensively.

“No,” JC laughed, “I just, I need a favor.”

“Okay? Is everything okay? You’re being weird.” Justin said stopping the game and throwing the controller down to give JC his full attention.

“Yeah everything’s fine, I just…..can you have the Christmas Eve party over here?” JC fumbled over his words.

“I….Why? Are you and Aly fighting?” Justin asked clearly confused.

“NO! Nothing like that,” JC exclaimed before sighing, “I just have something for Aly and I want to give it to her without everyone around.”

“AHHHH! Joey mentioned something about that, but I didn’t actually think you had the balls to do it!” Justin exclaimed as he clapped his hands together.

“So you’ll have it here?” JC asked again.

“Yeah of course man! Although you could have given me a little more notice, I’m gonna have to call my mom and see if she can throw together some food.” Justin chuckled to himself.

“Well I wasn’t sure until this morning that it was going to be ready in time, and I’ll pay for a caterer, your mom is busy.” JC said not wanting to put anyone out more than he already was.

“You sure? You know my mom will do it.” Justin shrugged.

“Actually you know what? Aly doesn’t know I’m doing this so I’m sure she’s going to cook everything like usual, so you can just come and get it.” JC nodded as Justin raised his eyebrows.

“You’re not going to tell her we’re not coming over and make her cook anyway?” Justin asked skeptically, not seeing how that would end well.

“Well I want it to be a surprise so I don’t know any other way around it, besides this way you guys will still have all the food and stuff.” JC rationalized as Justin just nodded, not convinced.

“Okay well when she leaves your ass the day before Christmas don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Justin laughed as JC scowled back at him.


By the time Christmas Eve rolled around I was never so glad to busy myself with making all the food for Lance who had called me the day before in a panic not knowing what to do. I had spent the last few days doing my best to avoid all talk of the impending party which proved harder than I thought with JC hanging around the house all day offering to help me with things. He had been hovering in the kitchen all morning asking if there was anything he could do and reiterating for the hundredth time everything I was making, although it had been the same menu for the past five years.

“Jace I love you really, but isn’t there something you need to be doing right now?” I asked exasperated as I turned around and ran into his chest for the tenth time.

“No I’m here to help to you.” He smiled down at me and I slowly felt my annoyance with him sliding away.

“Thank you, but I’ve got it,” I smiled as I stood on my tip toes and kissed his lightly, “Why don’t you go downstairs and play around in the studio for a little while.”

“Yeah, okay.” JC relented after thinking it over for a minute and I finally smiled to myself knowing he’d be gone long enough for me to finish the food and allow Lance to come get it.


About an hour later I had everything set out and I heard the front door open and smiled as Lance made his way into the kitchen, “You are a life saver!”

“I know, I know.” I smiled as I reached over and hugged him.

Just then Justin made his way into the kitchen as Lance and I both turned to look at him. “What are you doing here Justin?” I asked eyeing him suspiciously.

“Uh…I was supposed to grab the food.” Justin said as he fidgeted nervously looking around the kitchen.

“Oh you’re here to help Lance?” I smiled as I turned back around and went back to covering the cheese ball on the counter.

“Uh….yeah?” Justin shrugged giving Lance a look who shrugged back equally confused.

“Hey Aly….”JC called out his voice getting closer, causing my eyes to widen slightly.

“Hold on. Don’t move!” I threatened both of them as I quickly made my way out of the kitchen to cut JC off.

“Hey, what’s going on?” I asked as I stopped JC in the living room wrapping my arms around his neck so he couldn’t make his way into the kitchen.

“I was just thinking that you’ve been so busy the past few days, why don’t you go upstairs and take a nice hot bath and relax before tonight.” JC suggested as he brushed my hair behind my ear.

“I….yeah that actually sounds good.” I relented still stressed out from all the secrets the last couple of days.

“Good so why don’t you head upstairs…” JC trailed off.

“Uhh, give me ten minutes I have to finish up something in the kitchen real quick. Why don’t you go start the tub for me?” I suggested trying to deter him for a few more minutes.

“Uh….yeah okay I can do that.” JC sighed as he glanced at the front door.

“Thank you.” I smiled as I kissed his cheek lightly before backing away from him.

“No problem, hurry up.” JC said as he made his way over to the stairs and took them up two at a time.


I quickly made my way back into the kitchen to see Lance and Justin whispering animatedly to each other with lots of hand gestures thrown in. “Hurry up, JC will be back down here in a minute looking for me and you guys have to be gone!” I said as I picked up a couple containers off the counter and shoved them into Justin’s hands before turning around to pick up more to hand to Lance.

“Yeah so this is everything?” Lance asked glancing around the kitchen.

“Yes, now go.” I said pushing them both through the kitchen door and out to the front of the house.

“Geez you try and do a favor and this is how you’re treated.” Justin joked as I opened the front door.

“Thank you, I love you, but you gotta go, I will see you guys tomorrow.” I said quickly ushering them both out the door.

“Okay okay we’re going damn!” Justin exclaimed as Lance gave me an apologetic smile, “Sorry, thanks for making all the food, have fun tonight with whatever you have planned.”

“Thank you.” I smiled sincerely, knowing the guys were doing their best to help me pull off a quiet night home alone with JC. I watched them get into their cars before quickly shutting the door and bolting up the stairs to get to JC before he came back down.


I walked into the bathroom in time to see JC bending over to turn off the faucet, and the tub filled with bubbles, and smiled to myself, actually excited to relax for a minute before the events of the night ensued.

“Hey you.” JC smiled as he made his way over to me and rested his hands on my hips.

“Hey.” I smiled up at him as I leaned into him, causing his arms to circle my waist.

“Come on.” JC said as he tugged on my waist and pulled me closer to the tub.

“You going to join me?” I asked a sly smile on my face as I tangled my fingers in the curls at the base of his neck.

“Mmm I would love that, but I have to go downstairs and do a few things first.” JC mumbled as his eyes slid closed as I continued to play with his hair.

“Right now?” I pouted as I kissed along his jaw line, wanting nothing more than to be close to him at the moment.

“Yeah,” JC sighed as he pulled away slightly and looked down at me, “Come on get in.”

I nodded as I took a step back and quickly pulled my shirt over my head before moving to the button on my jeans. JC stepped up behind me and quickly unclasped my bra as he placed a soft kiss on my shoulder causing a small sigh to escape my lips as I leaned back into him. His arms circled my waist and he squeezed me lightly as he placed a kiss on my neck before moving his lips to my ear, “Come on.”

I nodded as his fingers found the hem of my panties and slowly pushed them down my body before he took my hand and helped me step into the massive tub of bubbles. I groaned as I slid down into the tub and got situated as JC stood over top of me grinning.

I glanced up at him and smiled at the look he was giving me, “You sure you don’t want to join me?”

JC groaned as he sat down on the edge of the tub so he was closer to me, “I would love to, but I have to take care of a couple of things.”

“Okay,” I pouted up at him causing him to chuckle and lean down and kiss me softly, “Will you at least bring me some apple juice?”

“Yeah, give me a few minutes.” JC laughed as he stood up and made his way out of the bathroom leaving me by myself.


JC made his way into the kitchen and opened the fridge and not seeing any of the food I had been making began to panic slightly. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and quickly dialed Justin’s number as he continued to look around the kitchen for any signs of the food.

“Yellow?” Justin answered causing JC to roll his eyes.

“Where are you? I just got Aly out of the kitchen. I can’t find any of the food!” JC exclaimed in a slight panic.

“Dude Jace chill out, I got it.” Justin laughed.

“You have it?” JC questioned obviously confused.

“Yeah Lance and I have it all don’t worry about it.” Justin said as JC knit his brows together in confusion.

“Lance? Lance is helping you? Yeah that’s probably a good idea. Okay you guys are sure you have everything?” JC asked in quick concession, trying to make sure everything was taken care of for the night.

“Yeah, well Lance just kinda showed up but it all worked out?” Justin chuckled as JC heard Lance yell something in the background.

“Huh?” JC asked confused.

“Nothing Jace its fine, have a good night and I’ll see you tomorrow.” Justin said hurriedly before hanging up on JC. JC just looked at the phone quizzically for a minute before decided to let it and turned around to get my apple juice for me.


After I finished my bath I got dressed quickly and made my way downstairs, knowing JC would start to get suspicious soon when none of the guys started to show up. I slowly walked down the stairs and noticed that the only lights in the room were the glow of the Christmas tree and the fire place that was lit.

“Jace?” I questioned as my eyes scanned the room and I didn’t find him anywhere.

“Hey.” JC smiled softly as he stepped out of the kitchen holding two glasses of champagne.

“What?” I began to question as he made his way over to me and handed me one of the flutes before grabbing my free hand and leading me to a spot on the floor in front of the fire place where he had some blankets and pillows laid out. I smiled as I sat down and stared on in amazement at the giant fire place in front of me and the Christmas tree just off to my left. JC held up his glass of champagne and I did the same taking his hint as I clinked our glasses together before taking a small sip and setting it off to the side as I leaned into him, wrapping my arms around his waist as I looked into the fire in front of us. We sat like that in silence for a while, but I knew he would start to get suspicious any minute as to why no one had shown up yet so I titled my head up to look at him, knowing now was as good as time as any to tell him the others weren’t coming.

“Merry Christmas.” JC smiled down at me his eyes sparkling in the glow of the fire as he bent down and captured my lips in a soft, slow, sensual kiss.


“Merry Christmas daddy.” I whispered as I pulled away from the kiss slowly.

JC chuckled lightly, “Yano I’m all for pet names but that one doesn’t really work for me.”

I just bit my lip as I continued to stare up at him as his eyes widened slightly when I said nothing else. “Are you serious?” JC whispered out as I nodded my head, while holding my breath not sure of what his reaction would be.

“I know this isn’t something we were planning on so soon, but with you guys taking your extended break I figure it’s not the worse timing in the world, and I spent a couple days completely stressing out about this, but then I realized it was something I really wanted and I hope you feel the same way.” I said in one quick breath, nervous about his reaction.

“Of course I do.” JC said his face breaking out into a huge grin as he caressed my cheek before glancing down at my belly and back up at my face.

I laughed as I noticed his eyes wandering, “I was seven weeks yesterday.”

“Yeah?” JC asked the question getting caught in his throat, causing him to clear it, “how long have you known?”

“For sure? Only since Monday, but I wanted it to be a surprise, and trust me it wasn’t easy convincing Lance to host the party tonight at his place and keeping it from you in the process.”

“Lance?” JC laughed as he threw his head back causing me to look at him funny, “That explains a lot.”

“What?” I giggled not sure what was going on.

“Justin said Lance was helping him today and I couldn’t figure out why he was being so weird on the phone and hung up on me.” JC chuckled.

“Wait? Justin?” I questioned still not quite sure what was going on.

“Yeah he was supposed to be having everyone over at his house tonight.” JC nodded as he continued to chuckle.

“Well that makes a little more sense,” I nodded remembering how weird him and Lance were acting earlier in the kitchen, “Wait! Why was Justin supposed to be having everyone over?”


JC smiled as he got up on his knees so he could reach into his pocket and pulled a small box out as he brought his other leg up so he was on one knee in front of me holding the box out in front of me. I gasped as my hand immediately went to my mouth in shock as I stared at the closed box before I finally tore my eyes away and glanced back up at JC.

“Alysen we have been together for the past six years and through everything, all of the extended periods apart, the interrupted dinners, the vacations that have been cut short, the obnoxious tantrums and bad habits of the other guys, you have always stood by me no matter what. I love that you understand me and my schedule so well, and that you have always supported me in all that I do, even when it has put a strain on our relationship. When the guys and I all sat down and talked about taking this extended break I sat and watched them each get excited in their own right, Justin wants to record a solo album, Joey has Kelly and Bri, and Lance is busy with his production company and I stopped to think about what I wanted to do with all of the time off and the only thing that I could think of was spending that time with you. I love you more than anything in this world and I want nothing more than to spend every day of the rest of my life with you by my side. You and our baby,” JC smiled as an afterthought as tears poured down my face at his heartfelt confession.

“Alysen will you marry me?” JC finally asked as he opened the box he had been holding the whole time.

“Yes! Yes! Of course! Yes!” I cried out as I flung myself at him wrapping my arms around his neck.

JC smiled as he bent down and kissed me with more fire and passion than I think I have ever felt from him. I pulled away and just stared at him in awe as he moved to take the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger, drawing my attention away from him and down to my hand where I glanced at the ring for the first time.


I looked down at my hand in awe, reveling in the fact that JC knew me so well. The ring was beautiful, it wasn’t too big or over the top, but gorgeous none the less.

“I love you.” I blurted out my heart swelling as I looked back up at him and caught him staring at me intently waiting on my reaction. A huge grin broke out across his face as he leaned in to kiss me again.

When he pulled away he reached back for his glass of champagne and held it up before a look of understanding washed over his face, “you can’t drink,” he said grinning.

“I’ll take some hot chocolate?” I suggested with raised eyebrows.

“Of course,” he grinned as he bent back down and kissed me softly before standing and making his way towards the kitchen.

“You can still drink.” I called after him, not wanting to spoil his celebrating.

He just turned and grinned at me before disappearing into the kitchen and I leaned back onto the pillows behind me and placed my right hand on my stomach and held my left hand out in front of me as I stared down at the ring on my hand and marveled at how quickly and drastically everything had changed but how I wouldn’t want it any other way.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2861