The Healing Power of Love by kb4jc
Summary:

Kerri walks out of an abusive and controling relationship She moves in with her brother Justin and his wife Jessica to escape from her boyfriend while he's in jail.


Little did she know she would find love with someone who cared for her ever since he knew her for the past 20 plus years.


JC comes along and shows Kerri what it's like to be in a real relationship. One that is built on love, caring and trust.


Can Kerri learn what love is to be like and lean to trust him? Or will her past haunt her forever.



Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 16610 Read: 2648 Published: Sep 10, 2014 Updated: Nov 11, 2014

1. Prologue by kb4jc

2. Chapter 1 by kb4jc

3. Chapter 3 by kb4jc

4. Chapter 3 by kb4jc

5. Chapter 5 by kb4jc

6. Chapter 6 by kb4jc

Prologue by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
I know it has been a while since i wrote but i got the idea for this story and i am taking it for a little test drive. 

Pain.


Sharp pains. From her head, where she hit the corner of the table from the blow to her face where her cheek hurt, to the horrible pain she had from her leg from being pulled from the bath and down the stairs to the living room of the condo she lived in with the monster.


She was in and out of it hearing the sirens of the ambulance she was in.


It happened again.


But this time it was for the last time.


She was just coming out of the fog as she felt the ambulance come to a full stop and the paramedics pull the gurney she was on out of the back.


She saw and felt the dark cold of the night hit her bruised face. She then saw the sign 'Emergency” above her and sighed.


“What do we have?” A nurse said as she walked to the side of the gurney and saw the face.


Kerri looked to her in sheer pain and nerves. She knew the nurse by her voice. It was someone she had seen the last and well, every time this happened. They had become friends.


“30 year old female, beaten by her boyfriend and thrown down the stairs. Possible hairline skull fracture to the rear of the skull, possible broken ankle, and possible fractured ribs. Blood pressure 110/70 pulse up to 140, and gave her O2 and in back brace to make sure she has no neck or spinal injury.” The paramedic said as he looked down to her and gave her a warm caring smile.


“Page me Dr. Martinson, and call her brother on the phone for me.” The nurse said.


“No need to mam, we called from the car on the way here” A tall police officer stated as he walked behind them.


Kerri looked up and spoke for the first time. “Alicia, where's Alex?”


“Don't worry Ms. Harris, he has been put under arrest, and your mother are on their way here.” The officer stated as she tried to look at him.


“Hold still Kerri, wait til the doctor comes to look at you.” Alicia said.


Kerri lied there and started to cry looking at her friend.


“It's okay Kerri, he can't get in here he's in jail and won't be able to get to you.” Alicia said as she saw the doctor walk in.

“Hello Alicia, give me what the bastard asshole did to my fighter this time?” Dr. Martinson said as he walked in.


“Possible Fracture to the Skull and ribs, and broken left ankle. Pressure is normal 120/80 pulse is still up at 150 but I think that's because she is nervous and in pain.” Alicia said.


“Hey Kerri, move your neck do you feel any pain?” the doctor asked.


Kerri moved her neck and said. “No just my leg, chest where he kicked me and my head is throbbing.” Kerri said as she felt the back board and neck brace come off her. She winced as she was rolled to her side and the doctors saw her back where she was kicked.


“Okay get me a front and back chest x-ray, left ankle x-ray, get her up to CT for a scan of her head. Let's start an IV and when she's done with the scan and x-rays give her .5 of morphine drip and also get me an scan of her chest and abdomen to rule out any possible bleeding and any other possible injuries.”

He said smiling down at her as he also saw the bruise to her eye and cheek.


“Kerri did Alex try to do anything to you?” Alicia asked as she started to dress her up in a hospital gown. Another nurse that knew Kerri smiled as she started her IV.


Kerri looked to Alicia and started to cry. Alicia knew and whispered to the doctor, “we need a rape kit, and a pregnancy test as well as std kit.” Alicia knew her friend knew the drill by now. This wasn't the first time this had happened.


An hour later, and after a rape exam, photos taken of her body and well there, along with the x-rays to confirm sprains to her ribs as well as a contusion to her head, as well as a beautiful cast to her left ankle, she was in her hospital room under guarded scurity. It was the bonus she got being that she has always gone to this hospital.


“Where's my mom?” Kerri asked. Sitting there alone with her thoughts and her friends, Dr Martinson, and Alicia


Just as Alicia was bout to be talked to she heard Lynn's voice. “What did that bastard do to her now!?”


Lynn looked into the room and saw Kerri lying there. Kerri looked back to her and saw her mother crying.


“Mom I'm gonna be okay.” Kerri said as her mother hugged her a little to tightly as she winced.


Lynn turned to her friend and asked. “How bad is it?”


Dr. Martinson looked at Kerri who gave a small nod as to tell him it's okay to let her know.


“She has bruised ribs, a contusion to the back of her head, a fractured ankle and as you can see a lovely bruise to her right cheek and eye.” He took a breath and went on, “She was also raped, now we did all the tests and we were very lucky to find out that she came up negative on all of them.”


Lynn went over to her bed side and held her hand. Here was her daughter strong as ever and smiling through her pain. She only found out three weeks ago that this has been going on for over a year and a half. She just moved back to Tennessee six months ago to help her care for their dying grandfather, Lynns father.


Kerri breathed in a deep breath and said, “I called Justin, and talked to him. He's not too happy about what happened and want's me to go live with him in LA.”


Lynn sighed as she asked, “And?”


“I'm going to LA as soon as I get out of here. Justin let me know that Jessica will be home and they said I can work from there. I have some work already there for the LA Chronicle.” Kerri saw her mother get all down as she knew this was best but was sad.


Kerri went on. “Mom, I will see you in a few weeks being that I will be there for Chris and Alicias wedding in Orlando. Plus I need this for me. I am scared of what can happen if he get's away with what he has done to me. I need this fresh start. I can't keep living in fear here when I know there's a better life for me out there with my brother.”


Lynn smiled as she said, “I know sweetie and you know I will be out there for you too. I am happy you are going to do this and you will be set.”



Two days later:



“Good Morning passangers of Delta flight 383 nonstop from Memphis to Los Angeles. We are next in line for take off so please remember to keep your phone's and all electronic devices off as we take off and I will let you know when you are able to turn them back on. This flight will be just over four and a half hours so please just relax as we take off and enjoy your flight.” The captain said.


Kerri looked out the window of her first class seat, (thanks to her brother and sister-in-law) as she saw the plane take off. She sighed as she was leaving behind the life she was living and moving on to a new life. She took a deep breath and said:


“Here's to Starting Over”

End Notes:
read on then let me know what you think 
Chapter 1 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
Like i said this is a test drive to see if i still have it in me. 

“Kerri, what time do you have to be at the doctor's?” Justin asked as he bounded down the stairs of his house and into his Kitchen. He smiled as she saw his twin sister cooking breakfast.


“My appointment is at One. Then I have a meeting via skype with the editor at four with the paper to talk about the new column I am working on.” Kerri said as she was trying to take the bowl of eggs she cooked for the three of them to the table. She was using one of her crutches and struggling.


Noticing this Justin jumped to her side and helped her. “Don't try to be a superstar there sis, you need to stop doing this and just relax. I have people that come here and do all this...stuff.” Justin said grabbing the food from her hands and walking it to the table. Kerri took the one crutch and hobbled her way back to the table and sat down. She put her head down as if she was in trouble for trying to do something and failed.


Jessica walked in as she saw Kerri's head turn down south and sit there. Her heart broke for her as she had seen her do this for the last two weeks. She knew this move all too well being that one of her close friends was abused and when they were told they were doing something wrong or were offered help they would hang their head as if they were about to be hit or worse.


This didn't go unnoticed by Justin as well. He looked at Jessica and saw her face fall as well.


“Kerri sweetie, please don't do this. We are not going to beat you because you are injured. Okay?” Jess said as she saw Kerri's head still hang.


Justin looked at his sister and said, “Hey I rather see your beautiful face than the top of your head. I know you have a beautiful smile and face there sis.”


Just as he always knew his twin he knew the right things to say at the right moment.


Slowly ever so slowly she rose her head up and looked at the both of them. Kerri knew she was going to have to start letting people help her out when she needed. She smiled slightly at them and said, “I-I'm sorry guys. I guess I need to get used to nice, helpful people that want to be there for me.”


Justin smiled as he gave he a hug and then said, “Here let me serve you both my ladies”


Kerri smiled a little more as she then felt a twinge of pain from her leg. She winced as she tried to move the leg under the table and then saw Jessica put the ottoman under the table and gently put Kerri's leg up on it and then sat down in her spot at the table.


“Thank you Jess.” Kerri said.


“See you are learning to let others be nice to you now.” Justin said as he sat down.


Kerri quietly ate breakfast. She smiled as she listened to Jess and Justin talk to each other. It was different than the conversations that she had with...well HIM. It seemed sweet and caring, nothing like the talk that HE would carry. It would be HIM making her feel as if she was to agree with what HIS opinions were.

If she tried to say something else she would be called stupid, or Kerri's favorite, “you should really keep your trap shut you dumb bitch.”


After eating and yet again being reminded that she didn't have to help clean up, Kerri went to the bathroom to clean herself up and get ready for the appointment later on that day. She sat at her desk in her room and pulled out the bag of make up she brought with her. She looked in the mirror and saw the less visible mark on her eye. True it was almost gone but she still saw the faint black and blue on her eye and on her cheek. She sighed as she started pulling out her cover up, blush and a eye mascara.


Justin smiled as he walked in and sat down on the bed. He watched his sister finish her light layer of make up and brush her hair and pull it into a ponytail. He looked to her face and saw that her makeup was much lighter than it was two weeks ago.


“I see the brusing is going away.” He said as she turned around.


Sbe smiled as she shook her head. “Yeah and there is no pain there at all.”


Justin then said, “I wish I was at the hospital for you when I found out this happened. Jess and I were about to take a red eye to get to you but mom said no.”


“I know and I knew why, I stopped her because the last thing I needed was you in jail for beating him to death. I would be the one having to report that my older brother, Justin Timberlake was arrested for the murder of a worthless asshole that likes to beat women.” as Kara said that she got lost in the memory of that night and looked back in the mirror.


Justin saw the smile fall from Kerri's face. He went to her and picked her up slowly out of the chair and hugged her. He said, “It will get better Ker, I promise you that. I know it won't happen today or tomorrow but it will get better.”


Kerri pulled away and dried her misting eyes and said, “I know.”


As they were walking, well he was walking as she was hobbling out on her crutches he started to talk, “Hey I forgot to tell you I am having some company here tonight.”


Kerri said, “you want me to hide in my room or downstairs?”


Justin stopped dead in his tracks and almost made Kerri fall.


“No. I didn't get to finish, the guys are all in town and want to visit with me. I told them you were here and they were all excited as hell to see you.”


Kerri looked one way behind her shoulder than the other than said, “Me, lil old me?”


“Yes, well...he started to talk as he walked with her to his living room and helped her sit down on the couch and helped her prop her foot up on the couch. He then sat next to her and continued, “I had to talk to someone the night I heard what happened to calm down and well...I called..all of them.”


Kerri sat straight up as best she could and said, “All of them?” she saw him nod his head yes and she sighed. “How much do they know?”


“Most of it, I didn't tell them you were raped because I then had Joe, Chris and JC ready to go out to Memphis beat the shit out of him. I swear they were shocked to hear what you had been through.”


Kerri sighed, “ I figured as much.” She looked to her brother. “Do you think they will be all weird about it?”


Justin shrugged his shoulders and said, “I know Chris will bear hug your ass when he sees you. Joe and Kelly will be themselvs, Lance and Michael said they had a gift for you, what it is I'm not sure yet,” He then looked to her and said, “JC has been begging to see you since the day you showed up.”


Kerri looked at him in shock, “Really?” she then asked, “Why?”


Justin knew for a long time that JC was head over heels for his sister. He never got the nerve to tell Kerri that and he was ready to she was with Alex. JC never liked him and always thought that he was a creep. They met when the guys went to Memphis for Justin and Kerri's 30th birthday party and he knew then something was not right with the guy.


The first time Kerri was beaten by Alex, JC found out about it and wanted so badly to help her and tell her that she didn't deserve what he did to her.


He never did and was too busy with trying to his group “Girl Radical” off the ground. He wanted to call her but never got the nerve. He didn't want to pry into her life and decided to care from afar and just ask Justin what was going on.


Justin snapped out of his thoughts as Kerri asked., “Hey do you know a good gym I can go to when I get out of this dam cast? I want to go back to working out.”


Justin smiled, “Yeah but first,” he pulled her up again and got her crutches. “Lets go see the doctor to see how you are doing. As soon as you get the green light to work out we will get you signed up.”


Kerri smiled as she said, “Im ready as you are. I just want to get off my ass and start living again.”





LATER THAT night


Kerri looked in the mirror that was in her room. She sighed as she tried took the crutches she had been using and hobbled into the living room. She saw Jessica's head pop up as she walked into the room.


“That outfit looks really nice Kerri.” Jess said as she got up and walked to her.


Kerri smiled as she said, “Thanks. For getting it for me. And I will pay you back when I get paid this week. I can't accept that you paid for it Jessica.”


Jessica was about to say something then heard Justin's voice, “She didn't pay for it. I did so if I even see you hand me money I will just give it back to you sis. You deserve something nice to wear once in a while and when you get paid and can actually walk around She's going to take you out and get you what you want to wear and that's final.”


Kerri's eyes welled up for the umpteenth time that day. She had been so used to the world of buying clothes that didn't suit her or she would have to get approval for. She was not used to people getting her things she liked and didn't feel guilty about wearing.


“Thanks Justin.” Kerri said as she was about to go to the couch when she heard the door open.


“Hellooo!!!!!!!”


Kerri smiled as she heard the deep voice. Justin got up and welcomed Lance into his home. “Sup man”


“Hey Justin how are you.” they gave manly hugs and all that guy crap.


Lance smiled as he saw Kerri, “Hello sweetie how are you.” he hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek


“I am feeling better, went to the doctor today and they said the cast will be off in about another month and the ribs are healed.” She said as he hugged her again.


“So happy to hear you are getting better. And I am so thrilled you are here in LA now.” Michael said as he dropped a kiss on her cheek


“Thanks Michael I, whoa LET ME DOWN FATONE!!” Kerri yelled and laughed as she was wrapped up in a bear hug.


“I am excited to see you and healthy to boot my Ker-bear!!” Joey put her down as Kelly laughed along with their two daughters.


“Joe, let her down for god sakes. She's still recovering.” Kelly said as she walked to her and smiled with a tear in her eye. “Hey chickie, how are you.”


Kerri smiled as she said, “I'm getting there.”


“Hey getting there, you look better than I saw you a few months back. Well, minus that boring Cast that needs some decorations on it” Chris said walking to her.


Kerri and Chris always got along in more of a brother sister relationship where he was protective of Kerri. Very protective of her. Between Justin and Chris, the two of them would always be there to make sure she was alright.



JC was the last to show up. He being the true gentleman went to the local florist and picked up flowers for Kerri. Not just any flowers but Kerri's favorite, daffodils. He had a mix of them, Yellow, white and some that were white with orange. He also brought her a small stuffed puppy. He remembered when he used to stay at Lynn's house in Orlando she had one that she would sleep with.


“Hey everyone.” JC said as he walked into the living room where everyone was sitting and talking. He gave hugs to Justin and Jess and went around the room giving hugs to everyone there except Chris who was busy decorating Kerri's cast.


And then there she was.


She almost looked the same. She just looked nervous and sad though. He saw that in her a few months ago when he saw her and she still had that scared and ashamed look.


She was still beautiful thought. Her once all blond hair was now light brown with highlights in it. It was long now as it went just past her shoulders and had soft light waves at the bottom.


Her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. She still showed sorrow and fear in them but he was starting to see the sparkle she used to have coming back into them.


When she picked her head up to smile he remembered her smile. Hell he remembered all her smiles. This was her genuine smile. The one that showed everything. Happiness, fear, love, caring, and just everything.


JC smiled as he said, “Hey sweets.” he bent down to her and kissed her cheek and to inhale her sent.


She always smelled barutiful to him.


Kerri smiled as she saw JC for the first time in months. “Hey stranger.”



Jessica nudged Justin seeing how the two of them just looked at each other.


Justin looked at her and whispered, “What?” He then looked over to what his wife was looking at. He then looked to Jessica, “Jess babe, she just got out of what she went through don't start with the whole matchmaker.”


“Justin, they have always looked at each other like they belong together. I know she's not ready to date yet but still. They belong together.” Jessica said.


“She's right J, and I feel as if right now he is what she needs to get her back to where she needs to be.”

Kelly said sitting near them seeing what Jessica was seeing.


“Just don't push her. You see how scared she gets when we tell her to stop something and how she just shuts down Jess. She's finally coming back to us with smiling and opening up like she used to be. I don't want her to be pushed too hard.” Justin said as he looked at Kerri, Chris and JC all talking and how she was smiling her true smile.


Just then he smiled and said to himself


Maybe they are right. Only time will tell.”





:::::Later that night:::::


Come on Kerri, we have fought before and we always make up this way baby.” Alex says as he walks towards her and reaches for her hip pulling her close to him


The smell of alcohol is on his breath. Kerri tries to push him away as she says, “Alex, please you're drunk right now just relax and I will tlak to you in the morning.”


His tone changes as he says, “Don't be a fucking tease to me, Kerri.”


Kerri knows this is not going to end well as she hears his voice go from pleading and needy to hard and icy. As if he's now not asking for sex but now demanding it.


He gropes her breast and Kerri moves away, “Stop it! I don't want to do this, not when you are like this Alex.”


Next thing she knows a hand comes across her face fast and hard and she falls to the floor and is holding her cheek. She can't believe this. Well, she can as she knows now she should do what's best and just submit to his wants and needs.


She feels her pants being taken off as she keeps her eyes closed and says to herself :

Just let him do this and he will leave you alone.”


See I knew you wanted me to fuck you.” Alex started to pull his pants down and in the next moment he was inside her. He said as he thrusted inside her, “i knew my little whore of a tease wanted me to fuck her.”


Kerri kept her eyes closed as she felt the tears sting her eyes.



Kerri woke up in a cold sweat and startled. She started to control her breath and looked around her room.


Relax Kerri it was just a nightmare.


She relaxed as she looked at the clock. It read 3 am. Sighing she got up and went to the kitchen quick and grabbed a water and then hobbled back to her room and went to her laptop that was set up. Sighing as this was becoming a new thing for her...fall asleep around midnight and waking up to a nightmare at 3 or 4 in the morning. She just started looking up information when she saw her skype messenger bing.


JazzyCChasez would like to start a conversation with you. Click Yes to start video chat.


Kerri was a little surprised to see him up at this hour and clicked YES;


She smiled as she saw his face come up on the screen. She wished she had more time to talk to him like they used to before...well HIM. She enjoyed talking and laughing with JC in the past and it was tough when the other guys and girls were there tonight as they kept Kerri in conversations all throughout the night.


JC smiled as he saw her sitting there online. “Hey there, shouldn't you be sleeping missy.”


“I should be asking you the same thing JC” Kerri Said smiling back at him.


“I am in my studio I was just about to go up to sleep when I saw you pop on.” He said as he sat there.


Kerri noticed he was in his studio working. “I should have known.” She then said, “Can't sleep I just had a nightmare.” She was shocked that she was able to admit to him that she was having nightmares.


JC being concerned asked, “Are you okay sweetie?”


Kerri shrugged her shoulders as she said, “I comes with the territory of what happened to me. PTSD as the doctors call it. Its the first one I have had in the past few days.”


JC felt so bad for her as he looked at her. He then saw the flowers he got for her in the background. “Hey are those the Daffodils I got you the other day?”


Kerri smiled as she turned and saw them on her nightstand. She looked at him blushing just a little bit. “Yeah I had Justin bring them in so I can see them in the morning and at night.” she then looked down and back up at his face and said, “They make me smile knowing someone knows they are my favorite flowers.


JC smiled as he said, “Come on Ker, as long as I have known you I always knew that they are your favorite flower. You even told me that they remind you of the sun and happy things. I also remember you telling me tulips, Gerber Dasies and iris' are your other favorite flower. “


Kerri smiled as she was rather impressed with how he knew what she liked. “I appreciate it Josh.”


JC smiled to himslef. He always liked how she called him by his real name.


They continued to talk for a while. Kerri felt a little of her old self come out and was enjoying how JC was making her feel like her old self.


Kerri yawned as she looked at the clock on her computer read 5:30. “Oh crap I need to get to bed. I'm sorry Josh.'


“For what? I am glad I got to talk to you. Just wish we could have talked like this earlier this evening.”


“Me too, I didn't realize I missed this til now.” Kerri said blushing slightly.


JC looked at her via the skype waves and asked. “What are your plans for this weekend?”


Kerri said, “Not much I can't really do any walking with this dam cast on my foot for another month.” she looked and asked, “Why?”


“Well I was wondering if you'd like to hang out this coming weekend. I am off Friday and I want to spend more time with you, catch up some more.” JC said.

Kerri thought about it for a little while and said, “I'd like that too.”


“So I will let you get some sleep and I will call you tomorrow or text you letting you know what time I will be there.” JC said.


“Sounds like a plan JC.” Kerri smiled then said, “Sweet dreams and thanks.”


“No problem sweetie. Go to bed, night.” JC said as he ended the conversation.


He smiled as he couldn't wait for Friday to get here.  

End Notes:
starting the next chapter..please let me know what you think so far 
Chapter 3 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

here is the next chapter...please note it's been a while...

 

Friday had finally come.


Kerri was excited to see JC again that day as she sat in her room and was debating on what to wear. Granted she was just hanging out with JC at the house but she wanted to look nice without trying too hard. She was standing there with her crutches looking down at her two options she pulled out.


One was a pair of jeans and her favorite top. The other was a pair of black sweat pants and a pink and white tank top.


“I rather be comfortable. We aren’t going anywhere.” Kerri said as she went to the bathroom with her clothes and underwear. She showered and got dressed. She hobbled out dressed and sat at her desk pulling out her hair dryer to dry her hair. After it was dried she pulled it in to a ponytail.


“Now make-up or no make up.” Kerri thought as she looked at her face. True to form the mark on her cheek was now gone but she still had a very slight bruise on her eye. She decided for the first time since she got here to not wear makeup. She wanted to see if JC noticed the scar and well if she could muster up the courage, tell him what happened. The true full story.


Justin smiled as he saw his sister look at herself in the mirror. “If I were you and you want C to see the real you I would go with no make-up. He always said you were a natural beauty.”


Kerri laughed as she put the make up away. She then turned around in her chair and said, “He really said that.”


Justin smiled, “yeah the other day when he saw you. He was complimenting me on how you looked really nice and how your face was looking good. I told him you put a little make up on to hide the bruise on your cheek and eye.”


Kerri touched her eye and said, “I figured if he's going ot hang out with me tonight he was going to see the real me.” Kerri looked down and said, “If it comes up on what happened I might tell him tonight.”


Justin looked at his sister as she started to get up. He went to her with the crutches, “Are you sure you want to?”


“I need to Justin.” she looked at him and said. “I told him bout the nightmares I was having here and there the other night when I was on skype with him.”


Justin took a deep breath as they stood there, “He told me that you let him know that. And that you told about the ones where you were being beaten up.”


Kerri's eyes got wide. “He, He told you?”


“Yeah, I was happy to know you were able to talk to him. I mean it's good that you are able to open up about this to him.” Justin hugged his sister.


Kerri smiled then saw her cell phone go off. “Hello”


“Hello am I speaking to a Ms. Kerri Timberlake?” a man says on the phone.


“Yes, may I ask who I am talking to.” She asks as she sits at her desk with Justin sitting there.


“Hello this is John Marks, I am the attorney that your brother hired for your abuse case against a Mr. Alexander Jacobs?” The man said.


Kerri replied, “Oh hello um I am glad to finally speak to you.” She said as she felt the excitement she was feeling start to slowly fade away.


“Yes me too. I am going to be in LA on Mondy in regards to the case against him.” he told her calmly.


“Okay. What time and where do I need to be?” She said as she put the call on speaker.


“Well according to your brother he wants to do this at his place so we don't have you moving around too much. I can be there around 10 am.” HE then said, “Just so you are aware he has not been bailed out of Jail due to the Judge denying him bail. He is still in there.”


Kerri took a deep breath and felt the tears sting her eyes. “Thats some good news. Do we know what the charges that are being brought against him?”


“Yes Kerri and I will sit with you and explain all of this to you when I see you. I know you are worried about this whole thing but do not worry, I will be here for you and your family every step.” John the lawyer stated.


“Okay, see you here on Monday at 10 am.” Kerri said as she ended the call.


She didn't know what to say or how to feel at this moment.


“Sis, are you alright?” Justin went to her eye level and asked her.


Kerri quickly snapped out of it and said, “Y-Yeah, I think so.”




Kerri sat on the couch as she relaxed. She was sitting there watching some stupid show on TV. IF you call sitting on the couch with your leg propped up, having bad flashbacks about what just happened and knowing in less than 72 hours she was going to have to recap what happened three weeks ago almost to the day and have to talk about a past that she was trying to forget and move on from. She shivered as she felt the chills creep up on her.



JC smiled as he saw Jessica open the door. “Hey Jess, how are you?” he said as she let him in.


“I am good,” She said as she let him in. She saw two bags of food in his hand.


If that's what I think it is you are going to make a girl very happy.” Jessica said as they walked into the living room.


They both stopped short seeing Kerri shiver and start rubbing her arms as if she was freezing. The other scary thing that JC had heard from both Justin and Jessica was that when she got like this she was having a flashback about some of the things she went through with Alex.


Kerri looked and saw JC and Jessica standing there and the tears started to prick her eyes. She tried to suck it up and said, “Hey guys sorry, I-”


Jessica was about to go to her when she saw how fast JC was sitting on the ottoman looking at Kerri.


“Hey, what happened. I talked to you bout two hours ago and you seemed happy.” JC asked as he looked at Her.


“Just was thinking.” Kerri said then told him, “The lawyer called, he's coming here Monday to talk about the trial and what is going on. They need my statement as well as the past.”


JC took a deep breath. He knew that was going to be hard. He saw her look at him and the threat of her tears about to fall down her face. He has known Kerri for so long that when something got to her it was not good.


“Sorry I shouldn't be like this in front of you. I'm okay really” She tried to put her best fake smile on but knew it was not going to work with JC.


“Kerri I know you better than you think. And I know you don't want to talk but just know, I am here for you if you need me.” He said as he grabbed her hand and held it.


Kerri's eyes welled up as she said, “I don't want to relive the past 18 months Josh, I just want to hear the police say that he's guilty there might not be a trial and that they are going to lock his sorry ass up and that will be it.”


Before JC went on she kept going, “How can someone want to have a victim of sexual, physical and emotional abuse think that it will be easy to tell their story and think it is going to be easy to go back to that time and rehash every story. Like the first time he hit me in the face. Like the first time I denied him sex and he rapped me, and I did not know it at the time because I thought I was to please him and make him happy. Or what about the times he would tell me to shut up and called me worthless. OR the times that he would beat me bad enough that while he was passed out in the bed I would go to the ER and make up such lame excuses that eventually the nurse there would know right off the bat I was lying. Or how am I supposed to tell the lawyer that I was and still am scared out of my fucking mind and can't sleep a full night because I he haunts my dam dreams. From the times he would beat me, to the times he forced me to fuck him because as he said it was part of my duties of being his girl. Just how tell me how am I supposed to do this”


By now JC was in shock. In less than two minutes he got the basic of what her life was like for the last year and a half. She was abused in ways he never thought were possible. He knew it went deeper but he didn't want to push.


“Take it one moment at a time.” He said because to be honest, he really didn't know what to say at that time.


What he wanted to do was go to Memphis and beat the shit out of this asshole. But he knew that would not help Kerri right now.


Slowly he got off the ottoman and went to the couch and pulled her into his arms and held her there. HE felt her shuddering from the frantic crying she was doing at that time. He knew she was holding back the other day when he was talking to her on skype, but he had no idea it was to this extent.


His heart ached for her. He didn't want her to go through this and to see what this man, no fucking asshole took from Kerri made him a mixed bag of emotions. Anger, hostility, sorrow, pity, and most of all need. A need to protect this once viral, energetic woman that he once knew.


“Kerri, I know this is going to sound really stupid but I want you to know that I will be here for you.” If you want me here every step of the way I will try my hardest to be here for you. It hurts me so much to see you so upset and down and to know this fucking dick bag of an asshole did this to you makes me want to kill him.” JC said as he put his hands on her face and looked into her eyes. And went on, “I care so much for you Kerri, I want you to know that.”


Kerri smiled as she sniffled, “I know you have Josh. And thank you.”


JC smiled as he pulled her in for a hug.


Just as he did that he heard Kerri's stomach growl. Kerri laughed as she pulled back.


“Sorry JC I havent eaten since breakfast. That was before I got this call and didn't want to eat from feeling...well now you know.” She said looking down.


“Don't look down because of that.” JC said. Then pulled the bag from the floor and put it on the coffee table.


“So what did you bring me to eat then?” Kerri said smiling slightly.


JC started to pull different things out of the bag. As he did he saw the smile on her face get bigger and bigger.


Kerri was shocked to see all the rolls and sushi that JC got for dinner. California rolls, Boston rolls, spicy tuna rolls, dragon rolls, all the ones she loved. “You remembered all the favorite types of sushi I like.”


“Well yeah, I never forgot that you loved sushi. Something we have in common.” JC took two bottles of water out and put them in the middle of the table.



Kerri and JC sat there and ate every last piece of sushi that he bought and talked. She hadn't felt this wanted and cared for in such a long time that she enjoyed it.


After they finsihed eating he took all the containers and threw them into the trash in the kitchen and walked back into the living room and sat down next to Kerri. She smiled as they both looked for a movie to watch.


Kerri saw a movie she wanted to watch and asked him, “Is this okay for you? As she picked one of their all time favorites, “Mrs. Doubtfire”


JC smiled as he said, “You know I won't turn this movie down.”


Kerri smiled as he put an arm around her and she snuggled into him while the movie started


JC smiled and laughed at the movie. He was enjoying the feel of Kerri relaxing and curling up into his arms.


About two thirds into the movie JC looked at Kerri as she had fallen asleep in his arms. Her face on his chest. He looked at how she was sleeping so peacefully in his arms. He clicked the pause button on the movie and slowly took Kerri into his arms and picked her up off the couch. He carefully carried her into her room and laid her down on the bed. He took the blanket that was at the bottom of the bed and covered her up. He then bent down and quietly said, “I will be back tomorrow baby girl. Sweet dreams.” HE kissed the top of her forehead before walking out of her room.


JC smiled as he saw Jessica and Justin walk in as he was getting ready to leave.


He gave the “shh” sign as he grabbed his keys. “I just put her to bed she fell asleep watching the movie.”


Justin smiled and said, “Cool man, hey Jess told me she kind of dropped all that happened to her tonight. You Okay?”


JC sighed. “Yeah, I feel so bad for her though, I just want to be here for her and protect her.”


“We all do bro, and I know that whatever you have been doing the past few days has helped her more than you may know.” Justin said.


“I hope so and I hope you and her know I will be around more to show her that there are nice guys out there. Ones that will be there to protect her, not be there just for the fucking and shit”


Justin smiled as he said, “I know but I am gonna go all brother like and warn you. You fuck her up ill fuck you up>”



JC laughed as he gave a manly hug and said, “I'll consider that my warning.” he walked out as he said goodnight. And walked to his car thinking.


'I know I can be what she always wanted and needed."

End Notes:

Thank you to the people that have read thsi and note that it will get a little better i am just feeling this story come aond working as best as i can.  

 

Thanks for reading and keep the reviews up. 

Chapter 3 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

i know this is a really short chapter but it's to start setting up for things to come.  i am gathering my thoughts for the next chapter and i am liking what will happen...

Hope you will too  

Kerri sighed as she crawled out of bed. She stretched as she got out and looked down at her feet.


Yes feet. Two weeks ago she finally got the cast off her foot. She got up and went into the shower to start her day.


She was under the water letting the heat relax her body.


To say the past month was tough was putting it lightly. She had been with the lawyer for the past month preparing for the trial against Alex. She had to on many occasions retell her stories over and over again. Stories that Justin never knew until the days she was telling them both. She felt sad that he had to find out this way. They were stories only her friend Alicia knew because, well she was the nurse that would take care of her every time she showed up to the hospital injured. The other person of course was her mother.


She finished her shower and walked out to her room and saw she had a text. She opened her phone and smiled as she sat on the bed reading the text.


Good morning sweetness.


She smiled as she replied back


Good morning Josh. How are you this morning?


it didn't take more than two seconds for him to reply back


Now that I am talking to you, getting better. .


Kerri rolled her eyes as she typed back,


Real smooth, you need better pick up lines.


She typed then put her phone down and went to grab clothes for the day. She got dressed and then went back to the phone and typed another message to him


So what are you up to today?


She heard his laugh and then grabbed her socks and sneakers and walked to out to the kitchen and saw him sitting at the table with Jess and Justin.


“What the hell are you doing here?” She said as her face lit up at the sight of him.


“Well I was here to see if you guys were doing anything today.” HE said walking to her and giving her a hug.


Kerri felt his arms around her and relaxed. It shocked her how she felt so relaxed around him. He made her feel safe and cherished and well...like she could be herself.


Justin smiled as he said, “Kerri and Jess have been begging me to take them to the Santa Monica Pier. Kerri more than anyone being that she's not cast free and feeling good.”


Jessica smiled as she saw her give Justin the look as if she was saying, “shut up”

“Hey I am up for some fun today. How bout it Kerri?” he asked as he looked into her eyes as he said, “I know you well enough to not turn down a day of fun at the pier and going on rides and just having a good time.”


Kerri smiled at how he was happy to doing something so child like and was excited to. “I'd love to, let me just grab my bag and we'll go.”


The ride over to the pier was fun as Kerri sat in the back of Justin's Escalade. Kerri was laughing at how JC was giving Justin crap about his driving.


“C, man shut the hell up. You drive worse than I do and you know it.” Justin grumbled as he kept going.


“J, you make me look like a saint driving. You have been playing with the radio for the past 15 minutes and you are driving faster than Dale Jr. I am tellin ya he would be afraid to sit in this car too.” JC said as he was starting to laugh.


Kerri smiled as she said, “Hate to tell ya this sweet brother but JC does have a point.”


Justin looked in the back mirror at Kerri then JC laughing and heard Jessica snicker as if she was agreeing. “Screw you all!”


“Aw my brother is being picked on, poor big old bad Justin.” Kerri said as she patted him on the back.


JC smiled as he pulled her back and said, “Better watch he might get even with you.”


Kerri whispered in his ear, “I can handle him.”


JC smiled s he then kissed her cheek.



The day was one that was full of this. Little bantering between all four of them. The jokes of who would ride what ride and who was afraid to ride others. Who was challenged to do some things and who chickened out.


Kerri smiled as JC walked by a game and saw some stuffed animals. He went to the stand and played. She saw him knock down the cans on the first shot and laughed. He then smiled at her and said, “Pick your favorite.”


Kerri blushed as she looked at the animals and said, “I like the rottweiler.” JC smiled as the man picked it for her and gave it to her saying, “For you my lady.”


Jessica and Justin sat back and enjoyed watching Kerri become more of herself as she walked and went on rides with JC. She kept nudging Justin as she saw the two of them together.


Justin too was happy for his sister. He was enjoying how JC treated Kerri how she should be treated. He was a little unsure of the two of them dating but knew JC had feelings for his sister from the moment he met her.



Later that night JC was helping Justin finishing up with some stuff in his studio and walked upstairs and saw Kerri sitting outside on the back deck.


Kerri was looking up at the sky as she had her phone playing soft jazz music. He smiled as he walked near her.


“I didn't know you liked jazz.”


Kerri jumped a little as she said, “Dam, give a woman a heart attack.” she put her hand to her chest and breathed a sigh of relief.


JC laughed as he sat at the end of the chair she was curled up on. “Sorry didn't mean to startle you.'


Kerri giggled back and said, “It's okay, and to answer your question that startled me, yes I like jazz.”


JC smiled as he saw her sit back and listen to Miles Davis. “So who do you like,”


Kerri sighed as she said, “Mostly the classics, Miles Davis, Billie Holliday...I love Sade.”


JC smiled as he said, “Nice easy listening Jazz.”


“Yep, it kind of helps me relax.” Kerri looked at him and said, “After Alex would, you know beat me or whatever he did to me and went to bed, I would play it on my phone to calm me down. Also when I got here I would play it the nights I had nightmares.”


JC smiled at her and then heard the start of Sade's 'by your side' and got up. “May I have this dance?”


Kerri shyly got up and went into his arms and began to sway to the music.


The song went on and JC softly sang into her ear. She sighed as she listened to him sing. She let her head rest on his heart. She felt so safe and comfortable.


JC looked down at her as he felt her relax as they were moving to the music. “Kerri?”


Kerri picked her head up. She looked into his eyes. “Yes.”


JC spoke softly, “I'm not going to lie to you. I like you...alot. I know you are going through a lot and all but I haven't stopped thinking about you since you moved out here.”


Kerri looked at him and took a shaky breath, “I would be lying if I didn't say I was too, it's just.” Kerri signed and said, “I'm a little, well lying very scared. I know you wouldn't hurt me but I just am scared I won't be what you want me to be, and..”


JC put a finger to her lips and said, “Oh I doubt that baby, I know you are scared as all hell and I get that. I just want to see where this could go. If you want to try. I promise I will not pressure you into anything you don't want to do.”


Kerri looked up and moved closer to him. She saw him move closer. She then felt his finger move from her lips to her cheek in a soft caress her cheek then cup it, ever so softly as he let his lips meet hers. She knew at that moment that he was what she needed and wanted for so long. She pulled away and said, “Let's try this.”


JC smiled as he kissed her again. He pulled away he looked at his watch and sighed. “I have a meeting tomorrow @ 8:00 am.”



“I'll walk you to the door.” Kerri laced her fingers with his and walked him to the door.


JC stood there as he opened the door and looked back, “Dinner tomorrow night? Maybe we can go to a Jazz club too?”


Kerri smiled her shy smile and said, “It's a date.”


JC leaned in one more time and kissed her lips. “I will see you at 7:30.” He kissed her one more time and said, “Night sweetie.”


“Good night Josh.” Kerri watched him walk from the door to his car and wathced as he smiled and waved at her as he pulled out of the driveway.


Kerri then went to her room and closed the door smiling as she laid back in her bed. She then went to her bathroom and got ready for sleep.


As she climbed into bed and saw that she had a new text. She smiled as she read it.


Sweet dreams my Kerri Berry...if you need me call or text.


Kerri replied


Good night my prince.


She laid back and for the first time in a long time she was not afraid to sleep.

End Notes:
Review and thanks for reading this so far :)
Chapter 5 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
Love is in the air...can you....wait someting else is bout to happen...ooooh no

Kerri looks over the notes for her column.  She types away as she works on the fourth column for the week.  She only needed three but Mark, her editor needed a Saturday one as well.  He was giving her money for it so she agreed to do another one.  She was looking for what was going on in the world of entertainment, food, or anything.  It struck her to write a column on one thing she knew all too well.  She was writing it for the sports/social life.  It was something that hit very close to home to her.

 

It was the Ray Rice video that had hit the internet and all of the sports and news around the country.   Kerri hit the remote to the her IPhone where the music was and kept typing.  She was at the end of her article:

 

“In closing,  They say a true man knows how to hold his temper and not to EVER strike a woman,  To see how the new Mrs. Price is standing by her man defending what the world can see in plain sight as a “moment of rage” shows that it wasn’t his first and might well be not his last.  In her defense she is only doing what she knows.  She only knows how to defend him…for herself and her own as she sees it “safety,” because to go against him in her eyes right now is another hit, or worse.”

 

Kerri sighed as she proofread and sent her column to her editor and then shut down the computer.   She sighed as she looked at the time as it read only 11:00.  She was done with her work for the week.  She as her editor told her a papers wet dream by how she had all her columns written and sent in before the deadline. 

 

She did this so that she could have the rest of the week off to relax and well she got her ideas for articles as she watched tv or if it came to her. 

 

Kerri sighed then saw her phone go off. She smiled as she saw who it was.  “Hello handsome.” 

 

“Hello babe.”  JC said as he put the phone on speaker.

 

“What’s going on?”  Kerri said as she was closing up her laptop and getting up to stretch.

 

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” JC asked as he sat at the sound board at his house.


“Well I finished work for the week and sent it to my editor. I was going to call my mom and see if she wants to do anything special this weekend being she is coming out to see me and Justin.”


JC smiled as he heard the joy in her voice. He knew that she and Justin missed their mother terribly and knew that when Mama Lynn came around that they became the true mammas girl and boy in the planet. As he did too. When his mother as well as Justin's mother came he would just so happen to lurk around and be there almost everyday.


“Can you throw in dinner with a handsome man that misses you at say seven tonight?” He asked


“Well if I could catch a flight to Memphis I would love to have dinner with Johnathan, but I guess I will settle for dinner with you.” Kerri said laguhing.


JC smiled at her remark. He was happy to see her getting back to herself again. “How does 7:30 tonight sound. I'll even pick you up.”


Kerri smiled and said. “I can't wait to see you,” She then said, “I miss you.”


JC smiled, “I miss you too babe. I will see you tonight.”

After she hung up the phone she looked into her closed and saw she really didn't have any dresses and well...she wanted to wear a dress tonight going out with JC. All the dresses she had were very covered up. Nothing that she felt sexy or beautiful in. She wanted to see a jaw dropping look from his face.


“Hey Kerri,” Jessica called as she walked into her room. She smiled as she saw some clothes on the bed.


“Kerri turned around and saw Jessica smile at her, “Don't laugh I am trying to find a dress in my things for dinner tonight but can't find one that I like and well I want to...but if you don't”


Jessica smiled as she grabbed her hand. “I was going shopping anyway and was going to invite you.”


Kerri smiled as she said, “Thank you”




The day was great as the two shopped from store to store and Kerri got herself two new dresses, along with new shirts, some skirts, shorts and Jessica got Kerri to buy a new two piece bathing suit. Something Kerri didn't wear that often anymore.


As they walked through the mall, Kerri said, “thanks Jess, I needed this and I can't thank you enough.”


“Hey what are sisters for but to have someone to hang out with, talk, and shop with.” Jessica said.


“True. I haven't had 'girl' time since I got here and well I missed this. Alicia and I would love to shop but I had to get well boring clothes as I put it.” Kerri said as they sat at the restaurant. They were going for a light lunch as Jessica had plans later that night with some friends.


“Wait. Did that bastard tell you what to wear?” Jessica said/


“Kerri looked down then looked at her, “Well basically yes. He told me I wasn't 'made to wear' the things I bought today. I was too fat and or I had to keep the other men from looking at me. That I was for his eyes only.”


Jessica sat back and said, “Justin did tell me about that. He said that before you met him you used to wear skirts, and cute outfits that well would turn heads. He liked that you always had that look. Then one day you went to well what you had been wearing before you came here. I hope you don't.,” Jess was cut off.


“Are you kidding? Between you, my brother and JC as well as the other guys, I have gotten so much confidence back that I am able to finally able to start feeling like myself again.” Kerri then saw her refleciton in the steel top of the table. She looked at Jessica who smiled at her.


“Well, I like the new old you.” Jessica smiled as she saw Kerri play with her hair.


“Can we make one more stop,” Kerri looked at Jess as she asked, “I want to get my hair cut.'


Jessica pulled out her phone and said, “I got one better I will get my stylist to come to the house and cut it for you.”




Kerri smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled at the reflection of herself in the mirror.


She saw parts of her old self come back.


The dress she was in was a beautiful Ivory white dress that had splashes of turquoise, pink all around it . The dress itself hit her knees. The top was halter style that Kerri was a little nervous about but Jess told her that the dress made her look what Kerri wanted. Cute and sexy and relaxed all in one.


Kerri fixed her makeup and did it very minimal as she always used to do. A little powder foundation, light blush, natural color eye-shadow, mascara and a neutral light pink lip gloss.


Kerri then saw her hair and really smiled. It was finally cut as she used to have it. It hit just past her shoulders and was in long layers and she got some highlights in it to give off as Jessica's stylist said a sun-kissed look in her hair.


She put on her favorite silver necklace and a pair of simple dangling earrings.


She heard the doorbell and smiled as she slipped on her shoes and grabbed her bag.


Kerri saw Jess in the hall and stopped. “How do I look?”


Jessica smiled as she saw Kerri spin around once and said. “You look so great.”


Kerri smiled and gave her a hug, “Thanks Jessica.”


Kerri walked down the stairs as she heard Justin and JC talking in the kitchen.


She stopped as she saw JC's back to her.


Justin was mid conversation and smiled as he saw his sister in the doorway.


JC slowly turned around and smiled. He walked over to her with yet another set of her favorite flowers.



JC smiled as he saw how Kerri looked. It was as if he saw her for the first time and she looked amazing.


He went to her and handed her the white and baby pink tulips. HE kissed her behind her ear as he said, “you look amazing.”


Kerri smiled as she took the flowers and pulled back to smell them. She loved how he knew what her favorite flowers were and always had some for her when he was taking her out to dinner or even if he was coming over to just hang out. Or when she wasn't there he would buy one tulip, of daffodil, or even a simple daisy and have it placed in her room with a simple note stating 'was thinking of you.'


“So C, where are you taking my sister tonight.” Justin asked.


“I have reservations at Carmine's, then from there I am not sure. Maybe dancing, and I don't know yet.” JC said as he smiled at Kerri who blushed a little.


Kerri grabbed her hand as she said, “Don't wait up for me and treat your wife to a night out. Or in, or whatever. She made my day and she needs to be rewarded.”


JC laughed as he and Kerri walked out the door. He walked her to his car and opened the door taking her hand and helping her in. He got in on his side and started up the car.


The drive to Carmine's was a short one as the two talked and were giving each other a fill in on their days and the past week since they had not seen each other in about a week.

JC was stopped at a light and was looking at Kerri. “I got to say Kerri you really do look amazing tonight.”


Kerri looked at JC and smiled as she said very quietly, “Thank you and I must say you look good tonight too.”



Kerri moved over the console and kissed his cheek.


JC smiled as he said, “What was that for?” He asked as he kept driving.


Kerri giggled and said, “Just because I wanted to and I could. Is that okay?”


JC smiled as he took her hand and laced his fingers and brought the jumble to his lips and said, “'More than okay.”


He pulled up to the vallet at the restaurant. As he parked the car he saw Kerri get out and meet him at his side of the car. He took her hand and walked into the restaurant.


Kerri smiled as they walked in and were seated right away in a back table in the corner. She looked around at the restaurant. She liked the decor inside as it held a rustic feel to it.


JC smiled as the two of them sat down. The waiter asked, “Something to drink?”


JC looked to Kerri as she smiled, “A glass of Merlot and sparkling water please?” ”


JC said to the waiter, “I'll have the same.”


As the waiter walked away she asked, “Is that okay?'”


JC's smile faded as he said, “Of course sweetie, why would you ask.”


Kerri blushed as she said, “Sorry, I guess I am still not used to being able to order on my own and all that.”


“Kerri, I know you are not used to it but trust me, I am not going to be that kind of guy.” JC said.


“I know I just am so not used to having...well...you know” Kerri said blushing


JC reached across the table and said, “I know and its one of the things I think is cute,” HE pulled back and opened the menu as he said, “So what are you going to have?”


Kerri smiled looking at the menu, “Rigatoni Di Con Pollo” she said as she set her menu down.


“JC smiled as he said, “same please and some salad for the two of us.”


Dinner for the two of them was a wonderful time.


Kerri sat back for the first time and really enjoyed herself. For the first time she felt well, special.


The conversations flowed and not once did JC make her feel stupid on embarrassed her. He even seemed interested in what she had to say. They shared stories and jokes as well as memories from the past.


JC knew it was helpless that he was falling all over again for Kerri. This time he was gong to let her know for sure. True she was still afraid and didn't know what was about to happen with Alex and the outcome of that whole situation, but he knew that he wanted to be with her.


After dinner, JC and Kerri got back into the car.


“So where to my lady?” JC asked as he pulled out onto the street.


Kerri smiled and thought then said, “Surprise me.”


JC smiled at those words and took off towards the coast.


30 minutes later he pulled into the parking lot right in front of the beach.. the moon was full and had a reflection on the distance. The waves were crashing along the shoreline and it just spelled romantic.


Kerri smiled as she looked at him. “He remembered?” she said rather quietly.


JC smiled as he heard that while getting out of the car. He went to her side and opened the door. He grabbed her hand and pulled her close as he said, “I remember a lot of things about you Kerri.”


Kerri smiled as he pulled away and laced his fingers around hers, bringing the jumble of fingers to his lips and kissing the back of her hand.


Kerri began to feel her heart start to feel things she hadn't felt in along time. Something was happening and she was scared. True JC was nothing like....HIM, but she was still afraid to let her heart open up and let someone in.


JC stopped and pulled her into his arms again. He knew what she was thinking, hell he was thinking the same thing as well. He looked into her eyes and slowly let his lips go to hers.


Kerri felt the kiss from the touch of their lips to the tips of her toes. She felt JC pull her closer as the kiss went from the ones she had been getting to one that went to a deeper meaning. She pulled back and looked at him. She knew.


JC saw she was about to say something and touched her lips to silence her. “I know you aren't there yet, so I will wait til the right time. I don't want to pressure you and just know this, I feel the same way too and I promise you I will not be like him. Just know this though. I will not give up on you like I did long ago. I am going to stay here by your side and be with you the way a man should be.”


Kerri smiled up as she said, “Thank you for understanding Josh. I'm getting there just I'm scared.”


JC kissed her lips again and said, “I know and I can't make you just change that. All I can do is be there for you.”


Kerri gave a shy smile as she said, “That's all I need right now”





As the raid went on with men and people being beaten down. He sat there and took a look at the unconscious guard and took his clothes off and dressed into them, as did a few of the other inmates. They all walked the opposite direction of the trouble and walked right out of the back door into the awaiting black SUV that was there waiting for them. It sped off into the night and out of the Tennessee state prison.


The men all smiled as they felt free. He felt free and knew his next move.


It was to give that bitch some payback. And to have some fun. 

End Notes:
review and yes this will start to pick up.  
Chapter 6 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

I know you all thought i forgot but i didn't 

I was having a little trouble trying to get this chapter to flow the way i wanted...so rewrote it and i love how it came out.  

I am not going to spoil it here so enjoy 

Side note i came upon a song while wriging this chapter and during the um "Scene" if you can find "i wanna love you" by mark Ballas (yes from Dancing with the stars), Put it on repeat and read that part   that's where i got my inspiration to write the chapter 

Chapter


Kerri sighed as she left her meeting. To say that it isn't go well would be putting it softly. The new editor from R the paper was giving her a real hard time with her column. Every idea was being shot down and Kerri was on her final straw. 


To make matters worse she hadn't seen Justin and Jess all week due to Justin being in the studio and Jess being on set filming a new movie.  She missed seeing them.


To make matters worse JC was I. New York with Smokey Robinson promoting 'My Girl'. He was due back    Tonight and Kerri was hoping to see him if not tonight tomorrow. As she drove through downtown LA. She heard her phone go off. 


She sighed and just answered it.  She didn't get to see who it was.  


"Hello". Kerri said


"Wow I thought I would have gotten a better reception than that hello baby girl."  JC said as he heard Kerri's voice 


Kerri smiled hearing his voice. She missed him so badly.  "Sorry baby I didn't see the caller ID I'm driving and  on the hands free for the car."  


Where are you?  J said as he was walking through the terminal at LAX


“I just got out of my meet not with that scumbag ass of an editor for the paper".  She said as she kept driving. 


"Well I think I might have a solution for your sorrows but can you do me a favor?"  He asked getting to the baggage claim and grabbing his bag.


"Sure,". She then heard the doubt of a pa over he background from JC's end "where the hell are you?"


JC smiled as he said, "well I'm at the baggage claim at LAX and I was wondering if you want to spend some time with your boyfriend."


Kerri made a fast U-turbans said,"if you are not there and this is a sick joke I swear,". Kerri said as she was at the entrance of airport and pulling up to the curb of the arrival gate for terminal 3 and saw him. There, in the flesh. She honked the horn and pulled cup to the curb. 


JC opened the back door dropped his luggage and climbed into the front seat. 


Kerri kissed his check and knowing the paparazzi at LAX she quickly pulled out and into the exit way traffic. She smiled as she felt his presence and in that moment her day that was a lonely and rather disappointing day went to a much happier one.  She missed seeing him the past two days and just being with him.  


So was this a good surprise?  He asked 


"You just made my day so much better, you have no clue!"  She said as she took the ramp to the freeway and to his house.  


JC smiled and asked her what happened today. 


Kerri sighed and talked about her day and how she has been getting more frustrated with the paper over the last few weeks and the the new editor is making her feel like she's not good enough.


"Didn't Cosmo call last week and want to speak to you?"  JC asked 


"Yes and as I have been thinking bout that I think I'm gonna go talk to them, just..."  Kerri trailed off 


"Just what baby?"  JC asked. 


"I'm a little nervous about this. I would be an editor. I was one for the Memphis Sun-times, but after I started getting abu-” Kerri started then stopped and glanced at JC

JC took the free hand that Kerri had on the gear shift and laced his fingers in to hers. “What do you think? Do you think I am going to hold you back?”


“Oh god no JC, It just got me thinking back when you know how Alex would laugh and call my work well stupid, gay, I was wasting my time writing. That's why I quit” Kerri turned off the freeway and was in the direction of JC's place. She was quiet for a little while as she then went on.


“Now that I am here and have been writing and I see someone trying to knock me down like he did and I will not let someone do that to me again.” Kerri said.


“Baby, I think you have a great shot at the magazine, go for it. And know this you are more talented than you may think.” JC said.


Kerri smiled as she heard him say that. “I guess I am going on this interview then, huh?”


“I guess so.” JC brought her hand up to his lips gave it a kiss.


Kerri kept driving as she asked, “So what is on your agenda for the rest of the day?”


JC smiled, “Well what do you say to hanging out with me at the studio this afternoon then maybe going back yo your house and just relaxing?”


“I like the,” Kerri then heard her phone go off and looked at the caller id and said, “Hey Justin.”


“Hello my little ray of sunshine sister. How are you?” He asked.


“I am good. How was your day?” Kerri asked as JC started making faces at her. She had to bite her lip to not crack up.


“Good, I um have a small favor to ask of you.” Justin asked.


Kerri sighed as she said, “What is it?”


“Well see I just got off work and Jess is getting off work in a little bit, we know you have been alone and all but well, Jess and I have not had time alone in weeks and well I hate to put you out but,” He said.


Kerri looked to JC as he said, “Hey, Justin that's kind of fucked up to kick her out just because you want a night of hot sex.”


“Hey I just want to have some fun and don't want to have Kerri hear me and her go at it and what the fuck are you doing in the car with my sister, aren't you supposed to be in New York?” Justin said.


“He came home early and want's to see me, his girlfriend and spend time with me. Gotta problem with that Mr I need the house.” Kerri said laughing.

“Oh, well hey that's cool.” Justin said then went on, “Um do you mind Kerri?”


Kerri looked to JC, “No I don't I will just stay at JC's tonight and hang with him and maybe, MAYBE I will do what you are planning on doing with Jess.”


“Ugh Kerri, that's fucking gross I don't wanna hear what you and JC are gonna do.” Justin said as she laughed


“Well now you know how it feels,” Kerri said as she then finished, “love you big brat. Happy Humping”


She disconnected the phone and sighed.


“I swear you and him are too much at times.” JC said laughing.


“Well he seems to forget that I don't need to hear bout when he want's to have sex. So, I gotta put him in his place.” Kerri then looked she has spent the night at JC's house before but she was always offered. “Is it okay that I spend the night?” Kerri asked.


“Like you need an invite,” HE said as they pulled up outside the studio. He got out and met her at the front of the car and said, “Besides I missed this face and holding you in my arms the past week.”


Kerri smiled as she gave him a fast kiss and smiled up at him, “I'd like that too.”


Over the past few hours Kerri sat and enjoyed the time they spent at the recording studio. Kerri ran into some old friends she knew because of JC and Justin. She loves how their friends became her friends over the years and how they welcomed her in with open arms. When they all found out what had happened to her, they all were on her side in a moment.


This made Kerri happy and feel more safe than ever.


Later that night JC and Kerri went back to his house. While at the studio Kerri asked Justin to have Jess pack some clothes for her for the night and have Justin drop them at JC's house. She said this was the least he could do after making her homeless for the night. Jess cracked up as she told Kerri it would not be a problem and she would do this for her and then thanked her for understanding.


“I had fun JC thanks for inviting me tonight.” Kerri said as she picked up a slice of pizza and took a bite.


“I am glad you had a good time.” JC said as he sat there.


JC looked at Kerri as she finished eating and began to take a sip of her iced tea. He hadn't really gotten a chance to admire how she looked today and now that he's seen her from head to toe he had to admit she was turning him on. She was in a pair of black flare pants with a green button down top open to show a white camisole. Her hair was up in a simple bun and had pieces falling over her face. Her makeup was lightly done and she just looked beautiful.


Kerri got up and gathered the plates and empty box and brought it to the kitchen. When she got back to the living room she saw that JC was gone.


“JC?” Kerri called.


“Come on up baby.” She heard from over head.


Nervously she walked up the stairs. She reached the top and walked down the hallway and walked into JC's room. The sight before her made her insides flip and melt all at the same time.


Candles lit in the room giving off a soft romantic glow. She smelled the scent of jasmine and lavender in the room. Two of her favorite scents. Soft romantic music playing in the background, from the sound of the song it was Sade's by your side playing.


From behind she felt him. His arms wrapped around her waist pulling her to him. She felt his nose go to her neck and a pair of lips kiss her right behind her ears. She shivered but felt a warmth from deep within her. Something she has not felt in a really long time.


Turning around she looked right into JC's eyes. She closed the space between them and let their lips meet. It was a soft slow kiss. One that spoke volumes to both of them.


JC pulled away and looked into Kerri's eyes. They were a shade of blue green that he had never seen before. He didn't want to push his luck, hell creating the room the way he did he knew she was going to do one of two things either run to the guest room and lock the door or stay there. He didn't want to do something she didn't want to do and didn't want to pressure.


“I know I am probably pressing my luck but, I would like to make love to you Kerri. I know you are probably scared, if you don't want to I will not pressure you.” JC said. He held her in his arms.


Kerri looked into JC's eyes, “I want to, just know I am a little nervous,” she then looked down and said, “I don't want to disappoint you if I am not good-” Kerri was cut off by JC's finger on her lips.


“Hey I know you won't, I have wanted you for a long time, and know this. It is you and me doing this. If you don't like something tell me and I will stop. I know that asshole didn't do that and didn't care but know this, I want you to enjoy yourself.” JC said.


Kerri leaned in and kissed JC again. In that moment any fears she had about being with JC all went to the wayside.


JC picked Kerri up and carried her to his bed. Very slowly he put her down and laid beside her, not once letting their lips part. Their kiss was deep passionate just as the kisses they had before were. Only difference in the ones tonight were taking the two of them to a new depth. It was as if he was getting drunk off of the passion that he felt coming off of Kerri.


Kerri sighed as she felt his lips leave hers going to her neck. She felt him get to the spot by her ear and gave off a soft moan. She felt him smile as he kissed her again there.


“Do you like that baby?” JC whispered in her ear.


“Hmm.” was all Kerri could get out of her mouth.


She began to run her fingers down his shirt and up under it to feel his skin.


JC sat up fast and removed his shirt. Kerri sat up and removed her blouse and tossed it to the side. She then took her camisole off to reveal an off white lace bra. She slowly laid down. JC laid beside her and let his hands wander over her skin. He touched her belly and smiled. “You are a beautiful woman Kerri.”


Kerri let her fingers touch his chest and she felt him shiver she pulled back a little nervous, “Sorry.”


“He took her hand and put it to his chest and said, “Don't be that was a good shiver, I like that your touch makes me tremble.”


Kerri slowly smiled as she then went to his neck and pulled him down to kiss him. She loved to kiss him and loved touching him. His body felt warm and welcoming. She felt his hands explore her body. He was caressing her skin in a way that made her feel sexy and wanted.


JC smiled as he looked at Kerri enjoying his touch. It made his want and need for her grow. He caressed her skin and then slowly began to caress her breasts. Kissing her neck again he went lower until he was at the top of her breasts and then let his tongue lick between her breasts. He felt her back arch off the bed filling his one hand with her breast. He then went behind her back and as her went to the clasp he looked at her as if to ask if this was okay.


Kerri was amazed at how he was making sure what he was doing to her was okay at every step. She was overwhelmed with how he wanted to make sure that what they were doing at that moment was what she wanted.

She pulled him down to her lips and gave him a kiss that spoke volumes to him, well she hope that it did telling him that she was more than ready for what was about to happen between the two of them.


JC let his lips go from hers to her neck letting his tongue lick a path from there to the top of her one breast as he dropped the softest kissed at the top. The other hand softly caressing her other breast. He smiled as he felt Kerri arch her back off the bed knowing she was enjoying this let him know it was okay to continue on.


Kerri sucked in a breath as she felt the assault on her breasts. The feeling of him sucking on her nipple and how he was firm but soft was making her want what was about to happen even more.


“Josh,” She said as she pulled his head back up to him and kissed him. She let her hands wander over his face to his neck and down his chest. He shivered as she did this causing her to stop. She smiled sheepishly and said, “Sorry.”


“Baby, don't be I like that your touch makes me shiver, don't ever think that it's a bad thing honey.” JC said as he placed her hand back on his chest right to his heart. He kissed her again as he began to kiss her neck feeling her touch his body made him turned on and want her even more than before.


Kerri moaned a little as she felt JC lick and suck very lightly at her neck right by her ear. She let her hands wander to the button of his pants and she stopped as she saw him look her right in the eye.


JC gave Kerri a soft sexy smile and nod as to tell her, “I am all yours.”


Kerri slowly let her fingers fumble with the button as she undid it she let her hands wander down and reach to his rock hard erection. She slowly stroked him, up and down through his boxer briefs.


JC was falling weak at Kerri's touch. Nobody made him feel what he was feeling at that moment. He grabbed Kerri's hand and pulled her away. “Here honey let's do this.”


JC took his pant's off and looked at Kerri.


Slowly Kerri took her black pants off and exposed more of her skin. She laid back down and saw JC looking at her body. Tilting her head she said, “It's just a body Josh.”


“That might be what you think but right now I am seeing an amazing work of art.” JC said staring at her in nothing but a pair of lace boy short style panties. “God Kerri I could stare at you all day.”


Kerr looked at JC and said, “The same can be said about you too.” Kerri smiled looking at his built shoulders, sculpted chest to his body and to his happy trail that went to his tented underwear showing how hard he was.


“Josh,” Kerri whispered.


“Yes Kerri?” JC said as he laid down beside her. He smiled as she looked in to his eyes.


“Will you do me a favor?” Kerri asked as she touched his chest again.


“Anything for you sweetness,” JC said as he kissed her slowly.


Kerri said, “Make love to me tonight.”


JC looked into Kerri's eyes to make sure she was certain. He wanted to in the worlds worst way give her a night full of passion and love but didn't want to press his luck, “Are you sure baby?”


Kerri smiled as she then said, “I have never been more sure than I am right at this moment.”


JC smiled as Kerri pulled him on top of her and leaned up to kiss his lips. The kiss that started slow and sweet stared to build into one full of heat passion and want. A want from Kerri letting JC know this was what she wanted.


Slowly JC sat up and went to the nightstand opening it and was about to take a foil packet out but felt her hand stop him. He looked at Kerri with a shocked look.


Kerri smiled and said, “Pill, I have been on it for six months. Plus, from what Justin told me your last well, it's been a while for you so I should have nothing to worry bout.”


JC laughed as he said, “He knows me too well.” He closed the drawer and sat up as he took the waistband of Kerri's panties and slowly slid them off her hips, down her legs and off of her body. There she laid naked and for his eyes only.


He stood up and was about to take his boxers off but then saw Kerri slowly crawl to the spot where she stood and looked at him,”Allow me” she stated as she slid them off and let them fall to the floor.


Kerri looked at JC and was amazed at how good, no wait how HOT he looked without clothes on. With out warning him Kerri took his erection into her hands and gave it a few slow strokes and then took him into her mouth.


“Whoa,” JC said as he saw Kerri look up into his eyes. Giving off a look of lust and something else he had never seen in her. He was lost as if to have her stop or if to have her keep going on.


For Kerri, watching JC come apart while she was blowing him made Kerri feel, well sexy. She pulled away still stroking him and gave him a look. She went back taking the tip of his cock into her mouth and suckling it, just like he did with her nipples not to long ago.


JC was so lost in how Kerri was pleasuring him for a moment he had to stop her or he would feel as if he was cheating her out on what he wanted for her. And that was for her to be pleased and loved. JC slowly pulled away and crawled onto the bed causing her to crawl back up and lay down.


“As much as I was enjoying that it's your night and I want to love you the way you deserve to be loved.” JC said as he kissed her on the lips and then slowly kissed his way down her body. He looked up as he went to stomach and kissed around. He looked at her yet again to make sure she was okay with what he was doing to her.


Kerri looked at him and slowly shook her head yes as to let him know it was okay. He slowly went to her legs and slowly opened them and went to her now bent knees and gave one a kiss as he then kissed his way down to her inner thigh and then slowly went back up to the opposite knee and did the same thing. He sat up first and let his fingers go to her center. He lightly touched her and saw her close her eyes. He went slowly as he felt her wetness and smiled as he inserted one finger into her. He loved how she looked.


“Feel good?” JC whispered watching Kerri tilt her head back and just letting out a moan. He smiled as he said, “That good, huh? I think I can do better,”


With that Kerri felt his fingers be removed and then felt his tongue lick from her center to her clit in such a way that made her whole body almost jerk off the bed. “Oh my god, Josh!” She said as she felt him give herself go and something happen within her she thought she had forgotten about.


JC looked up at her and felt good to know that it was him giving here the pleasure she had longed for and ached for. He kept going as long as she wanted him to.


“Josh please I can't I need you inside of me right now!” Kerri moaned as she was pulling him by his arms up to her body.


JC kissed his way back up her body and looked down into her eyes. He held himself right at her entrance just a small fraction away from her. He asked, “You sure?” Seeing her nod he slowly allowed himself to enter her.


Kerri gasped as she felt him enter into her. She thought she was going to feel what she felt all the times she did with Alex. The only thing was it wasn't. This meant and felt so much better than she could have imagined. It was as if her body was made for him and him alone. She felt something she never felt before.



JC was at a loss at the way he felt at the moment the two of them joined as one. He had never felt this way being with someone the first time. It was as if he had come home to someone that was fit just for him. She clung to him. He began to go at a very soft and slow pace. He was enjoying what he could only begin to now know what making love to someone you cared for felt like. He felt Kerri buck her hips a little and smiled as he took the cue to go a little faster. He loved how he could read her body and know what she wanted.


“How do you feel Kerri.” JC said looking down into her eyes.


“I can't even describe how you are making me feel right now Josh, it's so amazing.” Kerri said as she was moving with him in perfect time. She took her legs and wrapped her legs around his body wanting to feel him closer to her and to tighten herself aroun him from within. She then asked, “Tell me how you feel.”


JC sighed as he felt her walls start to tighten around him, “I feel the same way you just described but only one thing to add baby.” He then put his forehead to hers and said, “I love you Kerri.”


Kerri looked into his eyes and said, “I love you Josh, more than you could know.”


JC smiled as he then began to pick up the pace and go a little faster. He smiled as he heard Kerri suck in another breath feeling her tighten around him again. He knew she was close by just how she was meeting his thrusts and how her eyes were closing. He knew she was most likely afraid of letting herself go and taking the pleasure she was getting. He wanted her to have this.


“Don't hold back baby. Let yourself go.” JC said as he continued to thrust in and out of her.


The moment those words came out of JC's mouth, Kerri let herself go in a way she had been waiting and wanting to for such a long time. She let her orgasm take her over, washing over her over and over again. She looked up at the time she was letting go to see JC letting go at the same time coming at the exact moment she was at the peak of her own sent her into overdrive and she started to tear up at the end of her wave.


Just as JC came back down from his orgasmic high he saw that Kerri had tears in her eyes. Panicking he asked, “Are you okay? I didn't hurt you did I baby?”


Kerri giggled as she looked at him, “No the opposite JC, I just feel so complete. I never knew making love could be that amazing. I never knew.”


JC smiled as he kissed her lips. “I feel the same way sweetie.”


Kerri smiled as she felt him move out of her and beside her. He pulled the covers over the both of them and pulled her close to his body. “If I may, you Kerri were amazing. And I meant what I said, I love you so much.”


Kerri smiled as she rested her head on his chest and said, “Ditto Josh.”


In less than a few minutes Kerri fell asleep. JC watched her sleep for a few moments before falling asleep himself. He held her close feeling a sudden urge to protect and love her.


And he would do that, from this point on.

 



End Notes:
hope you enjoyed this and please review!!!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2709