More Than You Know by musiccrazedjazzy
Summary: Natalia is alone on Christmas, a few surprises change that.

Merry Christmas To my secret santa Lew.
Categories: Challenges Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: None
Challenges: *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Challenges: *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2025 Read: 974 Published: Dec 20, 2011 Updated: Dec 20, 2011

1. Chapter 1 by musiccrazedjazzy

Chapter 1 by musiccrazedjazzy
More Than You Know

Natalia sighed as she sat staring at the Christmas tree. "So, this is what it's like to be a pop stars wife" she mumbled to herself. 

It had been a few months since she saw her husband who was now touring for his solo efforts. It had been years since he was on the road, but at Natalia's suggestion he went back into the studio for himself, not to produce for an unheard of artist. 

Rolling her eyes Natalia got up with a bit of a struggle "good thing is he'll be home next week." she whispered to the air as the brunette woman made her way into the kitchen. 

As she entered the kitchen she heard her phone ring with the familiar tone that reminded her most of him. Natalia quickly picked up the object that seemed to hold everything that meant most to her. "Hello?"

A warm laugh greeted her on the other end of the line "hey, baby."

Sighing at the sound of his voice, Natalia grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge "hi, how's New York?"

She heard him sigh on the other end of the line "I wish you were here Lia, it's beautiful, but not as beautiful as you."

Natalia smiled "Don't worry honey, you'll be here before you know it."

He yawned "not soon enough, I'm too old for this. Besides I don't have you to keep me warm at night."

Natalia picked up an orange and began to peel it as she giggled with the phone set on the counter on speaker "Are you implying that I'm hot Chasez?"

Laughter filled the room from the phone "Yes I guess I am." she heard him yawn again.

"JC if you're tired go to bed, you can call me first thing in the morning." Natalia picked up the orange and placed it in a bowl, then grabbed a container of whipped cream. 

JC growled in annoyance "wish I could, but I'm sitting at JFK waiting for my flight."

Stopping her work Natalia's eyes glanced at the calendar which had her husbands travel information on it "JC why are you at JFK? Your supposed to be heading to an interview tomorrow?" she asked in confusion.

"Yeah well Tom said that if I flew out right after the show, I could beat the buses and sleep in rather than waking up at an unnatural hour. Plus I could still do the interview over the phone." Her husband explained.

Natalia nodded "well tell Tom he gets my famous cheesecake bites when you all get home."

JC laughed "yeah I'll tell him, can I have one when I get home?" he asked with a grin.

Taking her bowl of fruit and whipped cream into the tv room, Natalia laughed "oh, like I'd leave you out on my good cooking? Never, besides I might make you those cookies you love oh so much." she set the bowl down on the coffee table as she eased herself onto the couch and sighed. 

Smiling, JC leaned back in the uncomfortable chair in which he sat "rough day honey?" He asked with genuine concern.

Natalia nodded her head "I cannot wait until this project is over, besides your daughter keeps moving around to the point she's laying on my bladder. Which by the way is not comfortable." she rested her hand on the top of her belly.

Sighing, JC nodded his head "I'm sorry Lia, I'll be there next week to give you the worlds best massage. How does that sound?"

Moaning at the thought of having all the stress of work and pregnancy being swept away with her husband's skilled hands made her feel anxious to have him home. "that sounds like heaven right now." 

JC nodded as a voice came over the PA system calling for his section of the flight to board the plane. "soon baby, listen I need to go, I will call you when I get to Chicago."

Nodding her head Lia frowned "ok, I love you."

With a smile JC replied "more than you know. See ya."  then the dial tone was heard in Natalia's ear.

"Well, now what do we do sophi? Your daddy is on his way to Chicago and we are here staring at the Christmas tree wishing he was here." Shaking her head as a lone tear slid down her cheek. Natalia took a slice of the orange and dipped it into the whipped cream before she put it into her mouth. Soon she was fast asleep on the couch with a half eaten bowl of fruit.

JC slid effortlessly and quietly through the door, the scene that greeted him was picture perfect he shook his head as he quickly made his way up to their bedroom. Dropping his bag In the closet JC pulled out a red wrapped box and quietly made his way down the stairs and replaced the bowl of oranges with the gift. He then made his way back up the stairs.

An hour later Natalia woke to darkness with only the faint glow of city lights. She got off the couch and noticed a bright red wrapped box sitting where her oranges once sat. Frowning Natalia picked up the box and saw that there was a note attached. Blinking the shock from her mind, Natalia opened the note and read the contents inside. 

Lia, 
Remember our first trip to the big apple? Well, if you don't I hope this gift will remind you.
More Than You Know, Your adoring fan. 

With a giggle Natalia excitedly opened her gift which was a black scarf with a red rose embroidered at the bottom. Holding it close to her nose, Lia smelled her husband's scent and remembering the day she lost her favorite black scarf in central park. Placing the scarf on the table, she noticed a glossy picture in the box. Tenderly Natalia took it out and smiled.

"You have always made me smile." JC said as he stood in the doorway of the kitchen. 

Natalia let out a scream, then glared at the new arrival "Josh when this kid is born, your butt is mine for scaring me like that." She cried out.

With a big grin JC nodded his head as he slowly made his way to where Natalia was standing."if It makes you feel better I stubbed my toe in the bathroom this morning, which hurt like no other." he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her.

Natalia shook her head "I cannot believe you are here." she said with a smile. Then frowned "you aren't supposed to be back until next week."

Smiling, JC stepped away from his wife to sit on the couch "that was a lie which I'm glad because I got to surprise you this time." taking Natalia's hand JC tugged her onto the couch next to him. 

Natalia shook her head "I hate you."

JC playfully gasped "what? Why?" Said as he placed his right hand on his wife's belly.

Struggling to get back up, Natalia whispered as she placed her hand on her husband's cheek "I still haven't gotten you a present." 

JC took her hand and kissed her palm, he then pulled her close to him so her belly was at his eye level "Honey, I don't need any presents." he smiled as he placed both hands onto her belly "this is the best gift you could ever give me." he then placed a gentle kiss to her abdomen. 

With a light whimper Natalia nodded "I'd totally invite you to bed right now but seeing as how my water just broke I think we need to hold off on that."

At hearing her words JC's eyes widened as he stared into her eyes with panic "what? No, you aren't due until next week." he looked back to her belly "Baby, you need to stay in there, your old man isn't ready for this yet." he said with a nervous chuckle.

Laughing at her husband, Natalia placed her hand on the back of JC's head "Honey, we need to go, your daughter wants to be here now." she tenderly smiled.

Nodding his head, JC quickly stood and swiftly pulled her in the direction of the garage, on his way he grabbed the keys to their car, and a suitcase the couple had set in the hall next to the garage door for the moment when Natalia went into Labor. JC grinned once his wife was safely tucked in the car, practically skipping his way to the driver's side all he could think was "I'm going to be a father!"

No sooner was Natalia admitted did JC hear his wife's angry voice vowing bodily harm to him. With concern JC stole a glance at her doctor. 

The woman smiled "don't worry JC, it's the pain talking trust me."

Natalia Squeezed her husband's hand "you think this is the pain talking, wait til you are stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey." she then groaned in pain as her grip tightened. 

Struggling to keep from chuckling, JC nodded his head "I'm sorry honey." he then kissed Natalia's cheek, in that instant he winced in pain as he felt her hand squeeze his in a death grip.

"You are no longer allowed to touch me ever." she growled out, As the doctor encouraged her to push.

Closing his eyes JC placed his hand on her forehead to wipe the hair from Natalia's face. "I love you." Thats when a cry was heard from the newest life in that room. 

Relaxing back onto the bed, Natalia's emotions got the best of her as she looked up into her husbands awestruck eyes. Taking his hand into her own Natalia weakly smiled "More than you know, now go get our daughter."

With a quick kiss and a nod JC went to where the nurses were weighing his daughter. 

One of the nurses smiled at him "congratulations, she is a healthy 7 pound baby girl. Would you like to hold her?" the young woman asked.

JC nodded his head as the small pink bundle was gently placed into his arms. With tears in his eyes JC grinned at the baby "hi Sophi, I'm your dad." he whispered as he made his way to Natalia "and this is your mom." he gently placed Sophi into her mothers awaiting arms. 

Natalia counted each finger and toe, then smiled at her daughter "Hi Sophi I'm your mommy." she then looked up into her husband's eyes "Merry Christmas Honey."

Taking a seat, JC sighed in content "Merry Christmas." Said as he closed his tired eyes.

Giggling from her spot on the bed, Natalia watched as her husband fell into dreamland "I still need to get him something." she whispered to the air. 

"Lia, I told you I don't need anything, I have you and Sophi." JC's voice broke through her thoughts.

Natalia's Jaw dropped as a nurse came to collect the infant then left the room. The new mother's thoughts shifted to her husband "how is that fair, you got me that scarf." 

Sitting up as he opened his blue eyes, JC whispered "I Love you for giving me our daughter, I don't need a new car, or a watch. All I need is for you to tell me you love me and that everything is going to be ok, I'm scared that I'll be a failure as a father." he covered his face with his hands as tears filled his eyes. 

Natalia stared in shock, she gently spoke "JC honey, come here." at the request, JC climbed onto the small bed and let her lay her head onto his shoulder "Josh, dont you dare think I don't love you, More than you know." Natalia ran her fingers over JC's chest "you are a wonderful father, where ever you got the idea that you aren't is all crap. I love you." she whispered as they held one another.

With a grin, JC kissed the top of his wife's head "Thank you." with that the new parents fell into a deep sleep.
End Notes:
Hope you enjoy.
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2276