Our Time by Lew
Summary:

Christmas, my child, is love in action.  Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.
--Dale Evans

Merry Christmas, JSC_OutOfSync!
Categories: Challenges, Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: Awesome August 2011- *NSYNC Fiction Challenge , *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Challenges: Awesome August 2011- *NSYNC Fiction Challenge , *NSYNC-Fiction Secret Santa 2011
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 5201 Read: 3198 Published: Dec 19, 2011 Updated: Dec 19, 2011
Story Notes:

You gave me quite the Secret Santa challenge, JSC_OutOfSync!  I hope you enjoy!!

 

Ignore the Awesome August, I got a little click happy and wasn't paying attention!

1. Chapter 1 by Lew

2. Chapter 2 by Lew

3. Chapter 3 by Lew

Chapter 1 by Lew

The kitchen was an organized mess, but the cookies for Santa were almost ready to be put in the oven.  As Jenny mixed the batter by hand, her three-year-old son Cole dropped in fistfuls of chocolate chips, sneaking some when he thought she wasn’t looking. 

“Well, what do you think Cole, is Santa going to like the cookies you’re making for him?” 

“I dunno, I need to taste.”  He looked up at her with chocolate smeared all over his face. 

She smiled and wiped a thumb over his cheek, trying to get rid of some of the mess.  “You do, huh?  I’ll let you have one spoonful, otherwise you’ll never get to sleep tonight and then Santa won’t come.”

“Kay,” Cole said as Jenny dipped a teaspoon into the bowl and handed it over.  Somehow, Cole ended up with as much cookie dough on his face and shirt as he did in his mouth. 

“How is it?”  She asked dipping her own finger in for a taste. 

Before Cole could answer, they heard a familiar voice.  “This looks like fun, am I missing the party?”  JC emerged from the garage; he had run out to get a mysterious last minute present.

“Daddy,” Cole squealed, holding out his arms to JC.  He knew better than to try jumping down on his own.  Both JC and Jenny had yelled the first few times he had tried it on his own.  But he liked being up where the action was and helping cook and bake, especially when he got to sample.

JC scooped Cole up in his arms tossing him in the air.  “Jace, if you make him sick…”  Jenny didn’t finish her thought, instead sticking her finger in her mouth to taste the chocolate chip cookie dough.  “Mmmm, good stuff, right Cole?”

Cole emphatically nodded his head and giggled as JC smacked a kiss on his cheek.  “Hmm…tastes good, but I’d better get another taste.”  He raised a brow in surprise as Jenny dipped her finger back in the bowl for another sample. 

JC placed Cole on the floor, who immediately ran out of the room.  JC eyes darkened as he parted his lips so Jenny could place the cookie dough in his mouth.  His hand grasped her wrist to hold it in place as he slowly closed his lips around her finger and sucked.  The dimple in her cheek showed her pleasure as she watched and experienced.  He cleaned every millimeter of her finger off before releasing the digit. 

He wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned down to taste again from her lips.  “Delicious,” he murmured against her lips.  “How long until he goes to bed?”

“Hmm…a long time, but you have to remember that Santa comes tonight and you know what that means don’t you?” 

“Umm, that we need to go to bed early so that Santa can come while we’re asleep?” 

“Nice thought, but I’m afraid not,” Jenny turned back to the cookie dough so she could start spooning it on the cookie sheets to bake as Cole came running back in and jumped at JC. 

Jenny loved watching father and son together.  Cole trusted that JC would never drop him and she knew JC would never betray that trust for either of them. 

“Can I open this?”  Cole showed JC the present he had in his hand. 

Before JC could answer, Jenny turned from the counter.  “Cole, we have talked about this, what did I tell you earlier?”

“To wait until after supper.”

“And have we eaten supper yet?”

“No.”  Cole looked longingly at the present that JC had taken from him and placed on the counter. 

“Then please take that present and put it back under the tree.  Why don’t you get out your blocks and build daddy the biggest tower ever.”

“Kay,” Cole squirmed to be put down so JC placed him on the floor and handed him the present from the counter. 

“What can I do to help?  What else needs done for tomorrow when everyone comes?”  He grabbed the spoon she had just set on the counter and licked it. 

She slid the cookie sheet into the oven and turned on the timer.  “Actually, if you would entertain the little one for a while, maybe give him his bath, I could finish up in here.  If you could distract him for an hour or so, I’ll have everything ready for lunch tomorrow and Santa’s cookies will be done.”

“Absolutely, I love bath time.” 

With a twinkle in her eye, Jenny laughed, “You just like to play with the boats.”

“It’s not all about the boats,” JC said quietly as his cheeks reddened. 

“Oh, that’s right, you guys have art time too, don’t you?”  Jenny referred to the new washable paints that JC had brought home several days ago.  Her two ‘men’ created masterpieces on the walls of the tub as Cole bathed.  “I think it’s cute.”  She wrapped her arms around his waist.  “And it’s extremely sexy, you –” 

A large crash followed by a bloodcurdling scream interrupted the couple. 

Chapter 2 by Lew

Rushing into the living room, they stared in amazement as they sought to free Cole.  Somehow, Cole had pulled the eight-foot Christmas tree down on top of himself and was screaming in fright and pain.

Together JC and Jenny lifted the tree away, tossing it carelessly aside as they searched for the crying Cole in the branches.  The breaking of glass was heard as the tree hit the ground again. 

“Cole, what hurts?”  JC demanded as he lifted him into his arms.  Jenny gently but quickly felt for broken bones, then moved on to see if he had been cut by any of the glass ornaments. 

Removing Cole’s shirt, Jenny determined that the few shallow cuts on Cole’s arms and face had not been caused by any of the breaking glass.  Cole was screaming more from being scared than in pain.  Cole reached for Jenny, needing his mother’s comfort.  His little body shook from the force of his sobs and he wiped his nose across her neck. 

Jenny grimaced and JC tried to hide a chuckle.  Now that the panic was over, they could try to get Cole to calm down.  Jenny rubbed Cole’s back as she rocked back and forth on her feet.  JC took a moment to pick the tree back up and replace the few ornaments that had fallen off. 

As Cole’s sobs started to lessen, JC began questioning him about Christmas.  “What do you think Santa is going to bring you, Cole?”

Hiccupping, Cole raised his head slightly off Jenny’s shoulder to look at JC.  “A – a tr-train.”

“What kind of train?”  Both JC and Jenny had begun very adept at changing the subject and turning Cole’s attention elsewhere during the dramatic moments.  Cole was very theatrical.  Jenny blamed that all on JC as she was very practical, where JC was flamboyant and loved to entertain. 

Cole wiggled to be put down, so when Jenny lowered him to the floor, he immediately ran over to the toy catalog and flipped through the pages until he came to what he wanted.  Babbling excitedly now, Cole pointed out all the features of the train until Jenny interrupted. 

“Cole, it’s bath time.  Daddy’s going to give you your bath, then you can pick out a Christmas story for us to read, okay?”

Cole suddenly remembered he was hurt and began limping as he walked across the room.  Jenny rolled her eyes at JC and pointed to him, mouthing the words That is all you.  JC shook his head vehemently in denial and pointed back at Jenny. 

“Alright, little man, bath time, what are we going to paint tonight?”  JC ran over and grabbed Cole, lifting him high and then carrying him upside down as they headed up the stairs. 

Jenny shook her head at her two ‘men’ and headed back to the kitchen to finish the preparations for Santa’s visit and the families arrival tomorrow. 

***

One a.m.

“Come on, Jace.”  Jenny ran both hands through her hair in extreme frustration.  “It cannot possibly be that hard.”

“I don’t see you down here helping.”  JC mumbled under his breath. 

Bath time was long forgotten as was the fun and joy.  Now the couple snapped at each other as Jenny finished setting out the presents from Santa while JC struggled to put together the train set that Cole wanted.  The train set was the last minute present JC had gone out to get the day before.  Of course, it needed complete assembly, which was why JC had spent the last four hours cursing the toy.  Jenny had offered to help two hours ago, but had gotten snarled at so she continued picking up stray toys and finding other small tasks to do while JC worked. 

“Do you really want help?”

JC ignored her as he tried to screw in a piece of the table that the train would sit on. 

Sighing heavily, Jenny stepped over the tools JC had scattered around him, but then placed her foot on top of a spare screw.  Almost losing her balance, she bumped into the part that JC had put together, causing it to crash and completely fall apart. 

JC ground his teeth together and cursed under his breath as he surveyed the damage.  The look he shot her was enough to stop the apology on her tongue. 

She closed her eyes and called herself a fool as she scrubbed both hands over her face, unable to believe she was about to utter the words, “Go to bed, I’ll put it together myself.  I don’t feel like dealing with a cranky JC tomorrow so just go to bed.”

“Go – to – bed.”  He uttered the words through gritted teeth, not looking up at her as he stacked the fallen pieces around him. 

Not bothering to say a word, she spun on her heel and stalked out of the room.  Stomping up the stairs furiously, she gentled her steps as she neared Cole’s room.  Slipping quietly inside, she pulled up the covers that he had kicked off and brushed a gentle hand over his soft hair.  His arm was curled around his blankie and he had a slight smile on his faced as he dreamed of Christmas morning. 

She made her way to the bedroom she shared with JC, and immediately entered the attached bathroom, turning on the hot water as she shed her clothes.  Stepping into the hot water, she tried to relax as the thoughts of the day and plans for the next day crossed her mind.    

She wished they would wash down the drain as easily as the bubbles from her shampoo.  Christmas was such a glorious time of the year.  JC threw everything he had into the season as he spent it with his family.  There had been many years he had missed spending the holidays with family as NSYNC toured and promoted their albums.  She hoped he finished putting the train table and set together soon.  If he didn’t get enough sleep, he wouldn’t be pleasant to be around tomorrow. 

Finished with her shower, she stepped out and grabbed a towel to dry off.  Quickly dressing in her pajamas, she checked to see if the light was still on downstairs.  Mentally debating with herself on whether on not to go downstairs, she started down the steps, but stopped when she heard JC’s mumblings. 

Maybe giving him a few more minutes alone would be wise. 

She backtracked silently up the stairs and peeled back the covers.  Piling the pillows up behind her, she settled in and flipped on the television across the room.  Finding a movie to watch, she snuggled deeper in the bed.  She’d let JC cool down a little before she went back downstairs. 

But she fell asleep. 

***

The sounds on the television woke her about four in the morning.  Blinking, she tried to focus on the clock next to the bed.  Somehow, she had gotten twisted in the blankets so she tried to untangle as she looked to see if JC had made it to bed. 

The spot next to her was empty. 

Groaning, she dropped her head back on the pillow.  There were two options as to why JC wasn’t in bed with her.  Either he was mad at her for knocking down the table or he still wasn’t finished.  Resigned now, she flung the covers back and placed her feet on the floor, trying to wake up. 

As she padded down the stairs, she didn’t hear JC mumbling any more.  Maybe he had thrown it out the front door. 

Rounding the entrance to the family room, her heart melted.  JC was lying underneath the table, head turned to the side, a screwdriver in his fist on his chest, and the instructions by his side.  He was fast asleep, breathing heavily. 

He had the table base together, but the train tracks and buildings that went on the table were still scattered about the room.  She carefully pulled the table off him, in case he woke, she didn’t want him to hit his head.  She laid out the tracks of the train before she snapped the buildings together, JC lay snoring quietly as she worked.  Spacing the buildings out, she had to adjust some of the train tracks so the train was able to move freely.  Gathering up all the packaging and tools, she put them in their proper places then surveyed the family room critically for a moment. 

The presents were all arranged and the train table was completely assembled.  The lights from the tree cast a soft glow over the room, bringing out the lighter strands of JC’s hair as he lay peacefully on the carpeted floor. 

Stubborn man.  Jenny thought to herself.  JC was a proud man and very much a perfectionist when it came to himself.  If he put his mind toward something, he wouldn’t quit until he had accomplished his goal, in that Jenny and JC were similarly matched, but Jenny would ask for help if she needed it.  JC would ask only if he were in the right frame of mind. 

She knelt on the floor beside him and gently cupped his cheek.  Rubbing her thumb across the five o’clock shadow, she called softly, “Jace.”

He turned into her palm and licked his lips, still asleep.  “Jace.”  She spoke a little louder. 

“Huh?”  He grunted; his eyes still closed. 

“Come up to bed, you’ve got it all put together.”  His eyes opened a crack to look up at her.  He yawned as he sat up, looking around the room.  Jenny stood next to him and extended her hand to help him to his feet.  He grasped it and she tugged him to his feet, placing an arm around his waist.  He placed his around her shoulders as they left the room, turning off the overhead light, leaving just the tree lights on in the darkness of the night. 

As soon as they reached their bedroom, JC headed to the bathroom to undress and prepare for bed while Jenny went straight for the bed calling her name.  Soon the light from the bathroom snapped off and JC noiselessly climbed in behind her. 

He lay on his back and reached out a hand to touch her shoulder; his eyes were barely slivers.  At the hand on her shoulder, she rolled over and nestled into the embrace he offered.  His arm curled around her back while his free hand locked with her hand and rested against the beat of his heart.  Almost in unison, they sighed as they relaxed in their lover’s arms and fell asleep. 

Chapter 3 by Lew

It seemed like only minutes had passed when Jenny heard sounds coming from the baby monitor sitting on the nightstand.  Cole was getting out of his bed, already babbling to himself about Christmas.  “Babe, he’s getting up.”

JC moaned, “Already?  Time is it?”

Jenny opened one eye long enough to see 6:13. “It’s actually after 6, he slept longer than I thought he would.”  She rolled to her back and rested for a moment. 

Shifting in the warmth, JC mumbled, “Well, tell him to go back to bed until at least 8.”

“Good luck with that.”  That was all Jenny could get out before the pitter patter of little footsteps came running.  With a flying leap, Cole jumped onto the bed and landed right in the middle of JC’s chest. 

“Ompf,” JC’s breath escaped rapidly at the sudden pressure on his chest.  His hands automatically came up to hold the wiggling bundle. 

Cole squirmed as he straddled JC’s stomach and bounced up and down in excitement.  “It’s Christmas – Santa come?”

Smiling tiredly, Jenny watched as Cole bounced and JC lay there with his eyes closed.  Cole decided to help wake JC so he leaned forward until he was millimeters from JC’s face.  Taking his tiny hands, he clumsily tried to pry open JC’s eyelids.  Stifling a chuckle, Jenny intervened.  She reached over and grabbed Cole’s hand.  “Cole, that is not a nice thing to do to daddy.”

“But I wanna open presents.” 

Sighing in resignation, JC looked up at the boy climbing all over him.  “I guess we’re up, aren’t we?”

“I think we are,” Jenny ruffled Cole’s hair, before she bent down to press her lips to JC’s.  “Merry Christmas.” 

“Mmmm…it is now and Merry Christmas to you.”  JC sat up while Jenny headed to the bathroom.  “Now, Cole, why are we up so early again?  Don’t you think we should sleep a little bit longer?”

Jenny didn’t hear Cole’s response, but could imagine the look on his face at the thought of going back to bed when there were presents downstairs for him.  As Jenny left the bathroom, JC and Cole headed in to take care of business. 

“I’m going down to turn on the lights and grab the camera.”  Jenny called over Cole’s excited babbling.

“Okay.”

Flipping lights on as she went, she turned the coffee on for JC and made her way to the family room.  She turned on the fireplace and lit the background for the nativity on the mantel. 

Hearing the two heading her way, she grabbed the camera and pressed the power button so she could capture the excitement on Cole’s face when he entered the room. 

The two rounded the corner with Cole sitting on JC’s shoulders.  Jenny snapped several pictures of the delight on Cole’s face as he looked at the brightly wrapped presents, then his attention focused on the train.  His mouth formed a perfect O as he stared at the set that JC had spent hours putting together. 

“I think you’d better put him down, before he leaps for the train.” 

JC lifted Cole straight up and over his head, placing Cole on his feet, inches away from the train table.  He didn’t move, just stood there, and took in every detail.  JC sat next to him, “So what did Santa bring you, Cole?”

“My train!”  He exclaimed excitedly and began pushing the cars around the tracks.  Father and son made a perfect picture as JC pointed out the different features of the table as Cole ran from side to side. 

Interrupting, Jenny insisted that some other presents be opened.  Cole would open a present then look back at the train.  She eventually gave up and retreated to the couch where JC joined her and they opened their own presents from each other.   

Going into the kitchen, JC filled two cups with coffee and brought them back to the family room, where he handed one to Jenny.  After taking a sip, he sat his cup on the table next to him and placed an arm around Jenny’s shoulders. 

“Thank you for finishing last night, I’m sorry I snapped at you.”  JC spoke quietly though there was no need; Cole was engrossed in his new toys. 

“What are you talking about?”  She rolled her head on his arm to look at him. 

He merely gave her a wink, then leaned over for a lingering kiss.  Giving a heartfelt sigh, she nestled deeper in his shoulder as they watched their son enjoy Christmas morning.  This would probably be the last quiet time they would have all day, as both their families would be over to celebrate Christmas with them. 

***

The ham had been cooked and devoured along with plenty of other food.  Now the leftovers were put away, the dishwasher humming happily in the background.  JC hung up his phone from the NSYNC conference call they traditionally had on Christmas night.  Even now that they all spent the holiday with their own families, they remained close friends and always spent a few minutes reconnecting. 

Jenny wiped down the last of the counters and tossed the wet cloth in the washer as JC entered and glanced around the clean kitchen. 

“Where’s Cole?”

“Family room, he was playing with his train, but I bet he’s asleep by now.  At least I hope he’s asleep, he’s had a long day.”  Jenny preceded JC into the family room where Cole had fallen asleep next to his beloved train. 

“Santa made someone very happy with that train table.”  Jenny said as she took the train car from Cole’s hands.

“I’ll carry him to bed,” JC said lifting Cole into his arms.  Cole had played hard all day and was exhausted.  He didn’t even stir when JC lifted him from the floor where he had fallen asleep. 

Jenny preceded the two up the stairs to Cole’s room and grabbed his cowboy pajamas out of the dresser.  Together they carefully undressed Cole and put him in his favorite pj’s.  Jenny pulled back the covers as JC snuggled Cole in his bed.  JC tucked the blankets in tightly as Cole shifted. 

“Daddy?  Mommy?”

“Yeah, baby?”  Jenny knelt beside the bed. 

“Merry Christmas.”  Cole’s voice drifted off as he fell back to sleep. 

She smoothed her hand over his baby soft hair and pressed a kiss to his cheek.  “Merry Christmas.” 

JC performed the same exact steps from the opposite side of the bed, whispering a soft “Sweet dreams, Cole” before they both backed out of the room.  Jenny grabbed the baby monitor on their way out, so she could hear if Cole needed them during the night. 

Running a hand down Jenny’s arm, JC asked, “Meet you on the dock in a couple minutes?” 

Jenny smiled, “Absolutely, I’ve been looking forward to this all day.”  It was a tradition now that the couple would meet on their dock on Christmas night and exchange their own special presents for each other.  They saved the best presents for that night as they looked across the lake and watched the twinkling lights from all their neighbors.  It was where JC had proposed and it held a very special meaning for them. 

They parted ways, each going to their own hiding place to retrieve the presents for one another. 

JC was the first to reach the dock and he sat on the bench and listened to the waves lapping in the darkness.  Jenny was shortly behind him and she sat close to JC’s body warmth.  He wrapped an arm around her shoulders pulling her close, as they were finally able to enjoy the quiet together for the first time all day. 

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”  Jenny remarked looking out at the reflection of the lights in the lake.  The full moon reflected perfectly in the shining, dark waters of the lake. 

JC turned to look at his wife, “Yes, you are absolutely gorgeous.”  He bent down to place a lingering kiss on her lips. 

Pulling away, he licked his lips, “I can still taste the pecan pie you ate.”

“Well how was it?  Since you didn’t eat any at supper.”  She teased. 

“I don’t know, I didn’t get that good of a sample, let me try again.”  Over the next few minutes, Jenny ended up in his lap.  She was never sure how he accomplished it, as she was so lost in the kiss, she never realized she had moved. 

Exhaling shakily, “You keep that up and we won’t even get to the presents tonight.”

“Would that be so bad?”  He moved in for another kiss until she stopped him with a hand on his chest.

“Yes, it would be since I can’t wait to give you your present.”  She hopped off his lap and again sat down next to him and waited impatiently.

“So where is it?”  JC asked of his present. 

“Nope, mine is better than yours so you get to open it last.”  She said with a large grin. 

“Well, I don’t know that so –” He reached over her for the wrapped box sitting on the dock beside her. 

“Jace…”  She threatened. 

“Okay, okay, but mine is pretty spectacular if I do say so myself.”  He lifted a small flat box to her waiting hands. 

She ripped off the wrapping paper, with a careless abandon and lifted the lid.  “Oh Jace, it’s just what I always wanted – a key!  Another one to carry around in my ten pound purse!”  She pressed the key to her heart and tried to bring tears to her eyes in appreciation as she joked.  “I never knew you had guessed how much I wanted a key for Christmas!”

JC tried to hide a smirk.  “Are you done?”

“I suppose, if I must be.”

Reaching JC pulled the key out of her hand and twirled the ring on his finger.  “This key, my dear, is to a house that I’ve rented for a week…on the coast in Italy.”

Jenny eyes widened, she had always wanted to go to Italy.  “Are you serious?”

“Who has the best present now?”  He taunted her.  “I figure it’s high time that we gave Cole a younger brother or sister and what better place to do that than in romantic Italy.  Your parents are going to watch Cole for us.”

She started shaking her head.  “I’m afraid that’s not possible.”

He looked at her startled, it had seemed the perfect present to him.  “What?  You don’t like Italy?  Would you like to go somewhere else?”

She shook her head again.  “No, I love the trip, but –”

“Come on Jenny, it’s only a week, Cole will be fine with your parents, he’s stayed the night with them before.”

“No, I’m afraid it’s not possible to work on making Cole a big brother.”  She waited for the light to come on. 

JC drew back in surprise.  “I thought you wanted another baby.  Are you telling me now that you don’t?”

Jenny rolled her eyes and sighed.  Sometimes he could be so dense.  “I mean we don’t have to work on making another baby.”  She grabbed his present from behind her and hit him in the stomach with it.  “It’s already done…well, at least the majority of your part is done.”

Light dawned in his eyes finally.  “Really?  So this is -?”  He quickly tore off the wrapping paper to see a tiny box of baby shoes.

“When?”  He demanded, covering her lips with his. 

Gasping for air when he finally released her, she breathed out, “Around your birthday if my calculations are accurate.”

JC chuckled and pulled back to look her in the eyes.  “So you are telling me that you are getting off really easy this year?”

“What are you talking about?”  She questioned with a look on confusion on her face.

“Well, you technically are giving me a Christmas present that I already gave you so isn’t that like regifting or something?  Now you’re telling me that you aren’t going to give me a birthday present either.  You’re going to count the baby as my birthday present, aren’t you?” 

Loving the twinkle in his eyes, she played along.  “Yep, that’s right!  I planned this all out on purpose just so I wouldn’t have to go shopping for a present.  You’re so hard to buy for that I decided it would be easier to carry a baby for nine months and go through hours and hours of labor then go out and spend 10 minutes picking out a gift for you.  Now my shopping is done for the year.”

JC laughter was so loud; it started the neighbor’s dog barking.  His hands curled around her waist, again picking her up and placing her on his lap.  Her hands fisted in his hair as their lips met and silenced his laughter. 

“Daddy, why are you laughing?”  Cole was making his way down the dock, pulling his blankie with him as he rubbed his eyes.  Jenny lifted him on her lap as she remained on JC’s. 

She brushed a hand through Cole’s hair as he snuggled against her.  “Did Daddy wake you up?”

Cole nodded, sleepily.  “Uh huh, daddy was being loud.” 

“Well Cole, daddy is happy, do you know why?”  JC reached out to tickle Cole’s belly.

Giggling, Cole squirmed on Jenny’s lap.  “No, why?”

“Because mommy just told me that you were going to have a little brother or sister.  How about that?”

Cole wasn’t sure he liked that too much.  “I don’t want one.”

JC and Jenny shared a smile over Cole’s head before JC answered.  “Yes, you do.  That means that you are going to be a big brother and you will have someone to play with all the time.  You will be a great big brother.”

He thought about that for a moment.  “Like Bri and Klo?”  He named Joey and Kelly’s daughters Briahna and Kloey. 

“Yep, exactly like that.”  Jenny began gently rocking Cole in her arms as he lost the battle for sleep. 

JC looked at the two of them that he held in his arms, nothing was more precious than this.  “I hope it’s a little girl this time, although another little boy just like Cole would be fun too.”

“Just think of all the presents Santa will be bringing next year.”  JC groaned at the thought of having to set up even more toys. 

He studied his wife as she looked down at their son and thought about the baby that would be joining them before they knew it.  “Thank you for the regifted present, it’s the best regift ever in the history of the world.”

She met his gaze teasingly.  “So you’re saying that you are happy with your regifted present?”

“The happiest man in the world…are you feeling okay?”  He remembered how sick she had been the first months of her pregnancy with Cole.

“So far…I’ve been a little queasy in the mornings, but nothing like I was with Cole.”

She leaned her head down on his as they cradled their son between them.  JC shifted so that the arm behind her back tightened and the other wrapped around their son so he could touch the new life growing. 

“Merry Christmas, JC.”

“Merry Christmas, Jenny, I love you.”

Life didn’t get any more perfect than this.

Love came down at Christmas,
Love all lovely, Love Divine;
Love was born at Christmas;
Star and angels gave the sign.
~Christina Rossetti

End Notes:
Merry Christmas and please review!!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2269