Longing by Lew
Summary: This was an all new feeling in the pit of his stomach - what could it be?
Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: General
Challenges: None
Series: The Right Number
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 522 Read: 906 Published: Aug 30, 2011 Updated: Aug 30, 2011
Story Notes:
I don't know any of the guys of NSync, the others are my originals. 

1. Chapter 1 by Lew

Chapter 1 by Lew
Author's Notes:
This just popped in my head today.  Hope you enjoy.  And please review!

Lunch is ready.  JC’s phone vibrated on the table as he received the text from his wife, Liz, upstairs.  He stretched, feeling his tight muscles protest the movement. 

“Hey Justin, let’s take a break.  Liz has lunch ready.  Maybe we just need to walk away for a while.  We’ll eat and not think about the song for a while then when we come back down, it’ll just flow.”  JC stood and motioned for Justin to join him. 

“Alright, what’s for lunch?”  Justin stood as well and scratched his stomach tiredly. 

“I don’t know, man, Liz headed to the store this morning so it’s hard to say what she picked up.” 

Single file, the two men headed up the stairs to the kitchen.  Liz’s iPod was playing quietly in the background as Liz stood at the stove and stirred a large pot of something that smelled delicious. 

“I’m gonna wash up real quick,” Justin said as JC headed into the kitchen. 

“Okay,” JC made a beeline for his wife as Justin rolled his eyes.  The two of them couldn’t keep their hands off each other.  Justin wasn’t too sure of this marriage.  It had all happened very quickly, which was completely unlike JC. 

Justin took his time in the bathroom, hoping the two lovebirds would be done doing whatever it was they were doing.  Making what he thought of as an excessive amount of noise, Justin made his way back to the kitchen. 

He slowed as he reached the doorway.  JC’s arms were wrapped around Liz’s waist as she lifted a spoon up to his mouth.  JC closed his eyes as he tasted.  Liz never looked away from JC’s face.  As soon as JC swallowed, he turned his head so that his lips nuzzled just below Liz’s ear.  Whatever JC murmured made a smile cross her face as she tilted her head to allow him greater access. 

Slowly, the couple began to sway along to the song playing softly.  Justin’s heart felt a little tug as he watched.  For all of his girlfriends in the past, none of them had ever treated him as Liz was JC. 

A blush crossed Liz’s face when she caught sight of Justin watching them.  She patted JC’s hands that rested on her stomach and he pressed a light kiss to her cheek. 

“I hope you’re hungry, Justin.”  Liz called to Justin as she began to dish up the soup she had been stirring.  “Jace, can you get drinks, please?”

Reluctantly, JC released her and grabbed glasses from the cupboard and sodas from the fridge.  Together the couple placed their respective items on the table.  Just before sitting down, JC slid his hand from Liz’s neck down her back.  Justin could tell that the motion was done without thinking.  It was second nature. 

Seeing Justin was lost in his thoughts, JC and Liz talked quietly.  All the while, Justin was trying to distinguish was this feeling was in the pit of his stomach.  He watched one of his best friends interact with the love of his life and the feeling came to the forefront. 

That feeling was longing. 

End Notes:
Please review!  And thanks for reading!
This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2208