Not Alone by kb4jc
Past Featured StorySummary:

Kara was happily married, had a wonderful family, with a stepdaughter that meant the world to her. She had it all...OR SO SHE THOUGHT. One rainy night she lost her husband, and her stepdaughter lost her mother and since her mother had nobody else to care for her she was left to care for her.

 

 

 

One fateful phone call brought her to the job of her dreams being an assistant to none other than Nsync and thierl comeback tour. Only trouble...she has to bring Carly.

 

 

 

JC liked Kara from afar and didn't let her know.  He too had his heart broken  too.   he never thought he could see himself as the kind to fall for a woman who has a child. Let alone a child that wasn't really her's. He always thought he was going to wind up alone

 

 

 

See what happens when these two find friendship and love and realize they are not alone...


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Group, JC Chasez
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, General, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: Yes Word count: 106230 Read: 49165 Published: May 25, 2011 Updated: Nov 18, 2021
Story Notes:

I like feed back...let me know what you think.

1. Prolouge by kb4jc

2. Chapter Two .....but reallly chapter one by kb4jc

3. Chapter 3 by kb4jc

4. Chapter 4 by kb4jc

5. Chapter 5 by kb4jc

6. Chapter 6 by kb4jc

7. Chapter 7 by kb4jc

8. Chapter 8: Chapter 7 by kb4jc

9. Chapter 9 by kb4jc

10. Chapter 10 by kb4jc

11. Chapter 11 (really Chapter 10) by kb4jc

12. Chapter 12 by kb4jc

13. Chapter 13 by kb4jc

14. Chapter 14 by kb4jc

15. Chapter 15 by kb4jc

16. Chapter 16 by kb4jc

17. Chapter 17 by kb4jc

18. Chapter 18 by kb4jc

19. Chapter 19 by kb4jc

20. Chapter 20 by kb4jc

21. Chapter 21 by kb4jc

22. Chapter 22 by kb4jc

23. Chapter 23 by kb4jc

24. Chapter 24 by kb4jc

25. Chapter 25 by kb4jc

26. Chapter 26 by kb4jc

27. Chapter 27 by kb4jc

28. Chapter 28 by kb4jc

29. Chapter 29 by kb4jc

30. Chapter 30 by kb4jc

31. Chapter 31 by kb4jc

32. Chapter 32 by kb4jc

33. Chapter 33 by kb4jc

34. Chapter 34 by kb4jc

35. Chapter 35 by kb4jc

36. Chapter 36 by kb4jc

37. Chapter 37 by kb4jc

38. Chapter 38 by kb4jc

39. Chapter 39 by kb4jc

40. Chapter 40 EPILOUGE by kb4jc

Prolouge by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

FEED BACK....IT HELPS ME GET WHERE I WANT TO GO IN THE STORIES

 

PROULOUGE:

 

Kara looked into the grave as she felt the rain falling down on her. She couldn't believe that five days ago she had the one most important person in her life leave her. She felt lost. She felt alone.

 

She on the other hand felt angry, pissed, enraged, and wanted to scream. She kept it in as she looked on to Carly, her stepdaughter and now her responsibility.

 

Kara placed the ashes of her Husband and Carly's father, as Carly placed her mother's ashes in to the ground with her father.

 

Both killed by a drunk driver. Both dead. BOTH WERE IN LOVE with one another.

 

They had been seeing one another again for over six months now and were bout to leave each other's significant others to be together again.

 

Kara knew she was loosing her husband to his ex. She knew for a long time and she knew it was coming, she tried so hard to keep her love and the one she knew who loved her in her grasp but she was losing him.

 

And now here he layed. In a small box in the ground. Gone.

 

To add to her pain she also heard in the will that was left from him, that if he and Carly's mother were dead she was to be the legal guardian of her.

 

Being that Carly then at the age of 14 had nobody left in her family she was the only one that was left to take care of her.

 

 

Kara looked at the young woman standing there and held her as she cried, then said, “I know I may not be the top pick to be your mother, but I can only try to help you. You know you are not alone on this one right sweetie/”

 

Carly looked at her stepmother and said, “My mother will be flipping in her grave but I rather have you care for me than any of HER family. And I don't feel so alone right now.” She wiped a tear away from her face

 

As Kara stood there she then looked to the grave sites an thought. 'I feel alone though.'

 

And she truly felt that at that moment.

Chapter Two .....but reallly chapter one by kb4jc
 

Chapter One

ONE YEAR LATER

 

 

“Kara, I can't find my denim jacket, where is it?” Carly yelled as she bounced down the stairs of their condo.

 

“It's in the closet as you put it for the first time in ages young lady.” Kara stated as she finished putting her make up on and looked at herself in the mirror.

 

“Oh,” Carly said as she looked in to her stepmother's room and continued on, “you look great, what's the occasion.” she asked standing there

 

Kara took a deep breath and looked at the combonation of her love and hate for two people. Two people that were put six feet under less than a year ago.

 

“I have an interview for a personal assistant job.” she said smiling back at her in the mirror.

 

“Who for Kara?” Carly asked as she watched her stepmother get ready.

 

“Some hotshot guy who's making a comeback.” He needs help and well Jive, asked me to go and take a shot at this because well...” she trialed off giving herself a once more over and walking out of her room. Carly in tow.

 

“Kara, build that confidence back up...you know you got this if the company you work for already.” she then asked, “who's the client?”

 

“N' Sync.” Kara said as she put her portfolio in her bag and then closed it shut and looked to Carly. Who looked back at her in shock She laughed and continued, “Speak Car, flys gonna find a home with your mouth wide open like that.”

 

“The group that....wait Kar, you can't be serious.” Carly said as she sat there looking at her stepmother like she was an alien.

 

“Yes I am serious. Don't look too deep into it. True I know the group from working at the the WEG building but even at that I am up against like 6 others...this is gonna be hard. “ Kara said as she looked at Carly.

 

“Wait I know the guys love you to pieces, why wouldn't you get it?” Carly asked as she looked over her homework then put it away and grabbed herself some breakfast.

 

“Well if I do get it it's gonna be a big change. I just don't know” Kara said as she began to second guess herself.

 

“Kara,” Carly said as they both walked out of the house, locked it up, and went to the car. She continued, “I know you think, you don't deserve to be happy or that what you want doesn't count because you are afraid of what I'm going to do or say, but I want what you want. It's time for you to be the old you.” she said then added, “Even if My father was a prick for doing what he did to you, he would want you to be happy.”

 

“Ugh I hate when u talk about your father like that.” Kara said as she drove the two miles to school. She then looked at the spitting image of her life, love and hate, “But you have a point.” Kara stated

 

“Finally you realize it.” Carly said rolling her eyes. She saw the school in the distance and groaned,”ugh really Kar?”

 

“Yes young one...go and I will see you at home around 5, do your homework and I am checking it when I get home. No half assing it young lady.” Kara said as she saw her look back in the car.

 

“Yes Mam!” Carly made a salute then walked into the school.

 

Kara smiled to herself and shook her head as she drove off to the other side of town to the WEG building.

 

 

 

“Good morning Mike, what the hell are you doing here?” Kara said as she walked into the building and saw him walking in.

 

“Gotta care for Justin, he claims he needs to go shopping.” Mike said as he rolled his eyes.

 

“Sorry there,” she said as she got to her office and saw him smile at her. She looked at him dumbfounded. “what is the smile for?”

 

“Nothing, can't a man smile at his lovely friend. Might I add you look very nice today.” He said

 

“Thanks, I got my interview today.” she said looking at him.

 

“Ahh the personal assistant position, for the boys themselves.” Mike said as he heard commotion in the hallway. “Speaking of one of them,” Mike said as he looked at her.

 

“Let me guess,” Kara said as she turned on her computer she looked up at Mike when she heard him singing, “Chris?” she said.

“One for one, there's one more in the hallway now he's quiet so if you get it right I will give you a gold star,” Mike said.

 

“Well being that they do have dance rehersals in studio b in about 30 minutes I am going to guess it's Justin, being that he likes to be early.” She said as she saw the two of them. She never could get used to working in a building where the group she liked worked. Turns out that they were getting ready for a reunion tour and album to drop.

 

Kara got this job a year and a half ago being the scheduling manager for, Nsync, and the all ever loved Jordin Sparks. She did such a good job with her tour over the three months, she took over Nsync and met them. Right away they were all her friends.

 

 

Joey became an instant life saver when she moved to Orlando, in more ways than one. He helped her get Carly into a great high school, and in that she met his wife Kelly, who was a great person.

 

It helped that their daughter Brianna, went to the school because the two girls became friends very easily and it made their transition down from NJ to Orlando even easier.

 

She considered Joey a life long best friend and brother.

 

Next was Lance. He made her smile at how sweet and kind he was. True he was gay and he had did his whole coming out thing. But she like him for who he was. He was a gentleman through and through and she liked that she felt comfortable around him.

 

Then there was Chris, the jokester. He was the second one to meet Carly and he loved how Kara took her in after all the hell she had been put through. She told Chris that even if she's not hers by blood there was no way in hell that she was going to give her up. She loved her as if she was her own and made sure that she was going to have the life she and her Husband had dreamed of. Whether he was alive or not.

 

Justin made her laugh. He was like the little brother she never wanted, then suddenly got. He was very protective of her and Carly. Even more of Carly since she took a liking to him and how he was the perfect brother figure.

 

JC was nice to her. She wished in the past year and a half she worked there they got to know one another better. Was he not talking to her cause of Carly. No...he liked Carly, he always asked about her. Was he afraid to talk to her. Maybe because of all that happened. No. Only two who knew the real deal behind her getting Carly was Joey and Chris and they kept that secret because she didn't want people to think she was crazy for caring for another woman's child.

 

She smiled as Chris came into the room smiling at her, “Well Ms. Evans, you look very nice today.” Chris said as he looked at her and said ,”What's the occasion?”

 

“The interview, remember I told you I put myself in the hat to see if I am worthy enough to become and I quote 'Nsync's Personal Assistant'” Kara said.

 

“You know we have the final say so on the what they have to say right?” Chris said as he looked at her.

 

“Yeah I do, I know four out of the five of you are pulling strings, if I could get the last one to..” Kara said looking and hearing Chris cut her off.

 

“Yeah he actually brought your name up last night during our pow wow, “ He looked at her with a smile.

 

“What, Chris what the hell is that smile for, you know I can call Dani and have her tell me.” Kara said as she looked at him. At the moment Chris was bout to speak her phone rang, internal office call.

 

“Kara Evans office, Kara speaking.” She said as she heard Johnny's voice, “Yes he's here, okay we are on our way down...okay bye.” Kara hung up the phone grabbed her folder that held her resume, and looked to Chris, “Johnny wants to see us.”

 

“Cool beans.” Chris and Kara were walking to the office as JC, smiled at her for the first time she ever remembered he said, “Morning Kara.”

 

Shocked and taken back she didn't know what to say but recovered fast and said, “Hey Josh, how are you this morning?”

 

“Good,” he said looking at Chris.

 

Kara looked at the two goofballs and knew something was bout to go on and for her not to know she was not liking it.

 

End Notes:
i like feed back.... it's going to be a slow go but give me time...it willl get beter
Chapter 3 by kb4jc
 

CHAPTER 2

 

 

Walking into the room, she saw the guys and Johnny sitting there, and smiled as she sat at the round confrence table with Johnny siting across from her with the guys around him.

 

“Good morning, Kara, you look very nice today.” Joey said as he sat down.

 

“Ugh yes, see I do own a skirt suit idiots, I know all of you...' she paused then said, “Well most of you wanted to see if I live out of dress slacks and I do. Can you all cut it.” she then turned to Johnny. “Sorry, they all bug the crap out of me and I gotta put them in their place like I do with Carla.”

 

Johnny laughed at her comment and then looked to the boys, “Well boys I guess we should just cut to the chase with Kara shouldn't we.”

 

“Cut to what chase...”she looked at all of the guys, even JC smiling at her and continued. “what is going on.”

 

“Well Kara here in my hand is the arrangement we have made for you, why don't you take a look at it.” Johnny said as he slid her the folder that had something big.

 

Something that would change her life forever.

 

 

FROM:: WEG ENTERTAINMENT GROUP & NSYNC INC.

 

TO: Ms Kara Evans,

 

RE: PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE MEMBERS AND ONLY THE MEMBERS OF NSYNC.

 

JOB RESPONSIBILITY:: HANDLE ALL PLANNING AND ARANGEMENTS OF THEIR PERSONAL AND DAILY ACTIVITES ON THE UPCOMMING 2010-2011 SEASON INCLUDING

 

TOUR

SCHEDULED APPEARANCES

PHOTO SHOOTS

GALA AND EVENTS

PERSONAL TIME

ECT.

 

PAY TO INCREASE TO: “this is where her eyes bugged out” 200K PER YEAR WITH 5 % INCREASE NEXT YEAR UPON RENEWAL OF WORK AGREEMENT.

 

Kara saw all five guys signatures and then Johnny's signaure on the bottom. She froze then looked at them all

 

“I can't take it. I have Carly with me all summer long.” she said as she looked at Johnny and then to the boys.

 

“that has all been taken care of Kar, Kelly and Bre will be on tour with us all summer too...Carly knows cus I just got a text from her with Bre telling her,” Joey said.

 

“and you think it's okay having my 15 going on 16 year old girl with me, you all are going to be okay with that?”

 

She saw all eyes look to her and smile and say on their own.

 

“I love Carly she's like my little sister,” Justin said

 

“Justin you are just waiting for the day that she turns 18 and NO!” Kara said laughing to her self

 

“Eww...like I said I think of her like a sister, not like that...you on the other hand” Justin said winking at her.

 

“I don't date younger men JR.” she said as the room erupted in laughter

 

“I love that girl, someone who is shorter than me on the bus” Chris said.

 

“She gets along with Bre, and I know they're gonna have a blast on the road together,” Joey said

 

“she's a great girl, Kara.”

 

“She's a wonderful young woman that you have worked so hard to have near you. We don't want you to lose this oportunity or her/” JC said as he looked at her with his eyes that were blue as blue.

 

 

“I guess I have no choice but to sign then/” she said smiling widely.

 

Kara signed her name and handed the papers back. As she heard the congratulaions from all the guys she excused herself and ran to her office and smiled to she slef and did her little dance.'

 

 

 

Two hours later she was sitting at her desk still looking at the email that was sent throughtout the office that she, Kara Evans was now the new sole Personal Assistant to N Sync for the remainder of the 2009-2011 year comes up.

 

'I just can't believe it.' she said to herself. Or so she thought.

 

“Believe it Kara.” JC said smiling as he walked in.

 

“JC, what, I mean...” Kara looked at him again, then smiled. “Hi, what are you doing here?”

 

“Nothing, I had free time to just chill and well,” he stuttered being that even though he has known her for almost two years now and knew what was going on with her he never really got the time to know her and in the past few months was feeling very intrigued by her and wanted to get to know her.

 

Kara was playful and open to the other guys all the time. Joey and her being so close due to being friend with Kelly in the past and well to the wonderful world of facebook and firend she got this job through her and moved down her with Carly to get a fresh clean start. From what he didn't totally know but he was always wanting to find ouy. All he knew was that her husband died in a car accident the same time Carly's mother did. Carly's family didn't want to care for her and in Kara's will it stated that if he dies and her mother's gone, the soul guardian of Carly was, Kara.

 

Kara took that challenge on and didn't think twice. She was 29 at the time her husband died, married only two years. He saw her heartache and wanted to be a friend but never wanted to push. She was a friend to him but he started taking a little liking to her and wanted to know her better.

 

Kara smiled as she looked at his schedule in front of her seeing that he was done for the day. She looked at him, “How was the rehersal.” She said looking at him. “ I heard you guys look like the group of old and all.” She smiled as she started pulling her things together.

 

“Yeah, I can't wait to hit the road again.” JC said smiling. He then cleared his throat. “Uh. Kara, I know I haven't been the best friend like you have in the other four and I am really sorry. I just...well” he was loosing his nerve.

 

Kara smiled as she looked at him. She said, “JC it's really okay. I know you were nervous and all...we talk anyways.”

 

“True but, still if I have been acting like a jackass it's cus of....well...” he looked at her with puppy dog eyes like did something wrong.

 

Kara laughed as she then said, “Yes since the ex evil bitch as the others called her. “ she looked at him as she knew how he broke up with her. He too was cheated on.

 

“I am sorry how it ended. I know how you feel.” Kara said.

 

“It sucks. I know it was the end but to know that she was cheating for the last 3 months on me, that just blows.” he said looking at her

 

“Try being married and having someone cheat for six.” Kara said to him.

 

“Wait, your...he cheated on you?” JC never knew this. Kara shook her head and he went, “ I never knew.” he sat back in amazment.

 

“Yes. I tried to keep the relationship up and alive but I knew it was ending when he died.” she then continued, “still hurts to know someone I loved with all in me did that.” Kara got a tear in her eye and

 

“Kara, I am so sorry.” JC said grabbing her hand from across the desk. As she looked up she saw his eyes and felt a lil something happen in the pit of her stomach. Something that has not happened in ages.

 

Just as he was going to say something, her phone rang. “Kara Evans, Personal assist-Hi Car...yes I got the job....well we are going to have to...you knew! How did you know bef,....ahh Brianna, yes....who picked you up wait you are...” and then she looked up and saw Carly walk into her office and hug her

 

“I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD GET THE JOB KARA...OH MY GOD IM SOOOOOOO EXCITEED!!!” Carly yelled as she hugged her stepmother.

 

“Thanks Car,” Kara smiled.

 

Carly saw JC smiling behind her and she got shy and quick. “Sorry C, I didn't know you were in here.”

 

“No problem Carly. I gotta go and hey Carly, I will be seeing more of you soon!” he said as he walked out.

 

'Hey JC. Celebration dinner tonight at Joey's house in honor of Kara you coming?” she asked

 

“Yes mam I will be there. He said as he left laughing at the young lady.

 

“Well, there is one lil twist to this job.” kara said as she looked at Carly then continued, “I have to go on tour with the boys all summer long, and well since I am in no way shape or form leaving you home alone...you are going to be..comming.” and that was all that needed to come out of her mouth as she heard Carly go insane.

 

“Well I hate to tell you this...” Carly said as she calmed down, “I knew that too after my bio final...Brianna found me and told me because her father texted her the news.”

 

“Wait how long have you known, and how did your finals go young lady.” Kara said sitting back still trying to gather all the information in her head.

 

“I aced my final, as you know.” Carly smiled her typical teenage smart ass way that made Kara laugh being how she was truly like her father in many ways.

 

“Well I will know tomorrow when you come show me that report card miss thang.” Kara said smiling.

 

“So this tour, how long and where are we going to? Do we have to share a bus with the boys? When do we leave, how long are we gone for,” Carly kept throwing questions out to her stepmother.

 

“Okay, first question, we are gone starting in two weeks, we start start in Mississippi, go to from then until the second week of August. We will be hitting about 50 cities in that time frame. No we are actually going on the bus with Kelly, Bri, and Joey, I think. We need to start packing tonight and all that stuff and im going to have you do some chores when I am here at work starting on Monday. Since I don't want to be the evil stepmother. “ Kara said

 

“I don't think you could ever be evil Kara,” Carly said as she looked to her.

 

“I am glad you think that.” Kara said then heard trouble in the hallway. And groaned, “Oh lord, I thought they were still in rehearsals.” Kara said as she got up.

 

“Let me guess,” Carly said as she listened to see who was in the hallway. She knew in a moment, “Chris, and most likely Lance having a debate about something so stupid and well guy like.” Carly laughed as she looked to Kara.

 

Lance and Chris walked in two moments later, arguing about some stupid. Carly couldn't help but laugh at the two of them. Just as she started to laugh she heard them stop and look at her.

 

“And what is so funny young lady? And why are you not in school??” Lance asked as he looked down to her.

 

“Uh, I had my last finals today and it was only half day. Kelly gave me a lift here so I could congratulate my stepmother for getting the job. Is there a problem with that Bass boy” Carly asked.

 

Lance smiled as he pulled the young one up for a hug, “Never my lil brianiac.” Lance smiled as he squeezed her tight giving her a bear hug. Then let go as Chris pulled her in and hugged her even tighter.

 

“LIL SPROUT....How does it feel to almost be a junior in high school?” he asked keeping his tigh grip on her.

 

“CHOKING...YOU'RE CUTTING OFF MY BREATHING SHORTY.” Carla said as he then let go and the red in her face faded away. She looked back ah Chris shaking her head, “I'd like to make it to my junior year before being squished to death...then I will let you know.”

 

“I didn't squish you.” He said mock hurt.

 

“ugh you did to and you know it Old Man.” Carly shot back.

 

Chris mocked her. As he saw it she was up on her feet and he flew out the room with Carly hot on his feet saying, “Get back here short old man!”

 

“BE CAREFUL YOU TWO!” Kara said as she looked at Justin laughing at them. Lance went down with them telling Kara, “I'll watch them don't worry about her...I would worry more bout the old man.

 

JC laughed as he walked back into her office looking like he almost got run over by the two.

 

She turned her head to JC, “I swear I think he's as crazy as her father was.”

 

“Probably why the get along so well.” He said as he saw her gather her things up. He continued on, “Ready for this?”

 

“As ready as I can ever be.” She said then went on, “I am just happy I can take her with me. I know she would be okay but I have wanted to do something with her and now I got the shot. Of course i'll be working but she won't care, she's got Brianna there. She's going to be in her TEEN GLORY”

 

Kara got her things together and went to close up shop for the night. True she only worked a half day but she knew if the guys were aruond she woldn't get anything done and she needed to get things together at home.

 

“Done for the day Ms. Evans?” JC said as he saw her shutting her things down.

“I'm gonna go work from home and get a list of what I am going to need to have done and get done in the next two weeks. Plus I need to go do some shopping for an end of the year gift for the girl.”

 

She walked down the hall to where she saw Chris and Carly on the floor out of breath, and laughing. S

 

“So ready to get going young one, we have some places I need to stop on the way home and I want to get some more work done before the party tonight.” Kara said

 

“Really, Kara, I was going to invite her and Brianna to the dance studio, Carly wanted to watch the rehersals.” Justin said as he walked up to them. He saw Chris out of breath and laughed. “Really Chris we danced for 2 hours and have had a 15 minute break. Your old ass is gonna get whipped when Wade comes back.”

 

Chris looked at Justin and said, “I was chasing after the young one over there.” Pointing to Carly who smiled at Justin.

 

Justin looked at her and said, “Oh lord trouble is here!”

 

“Better then that,” Brianna said as she walked out of the studio standing next to Carly then said, “Double trouble.”

 

Justin looked at the two teenagers and saw Kara start to look at him. She said, “You've been warned.”

 

Carly laughed as she then asked, “Kara please can we stay?”

 

Kara was about to say something then was cut off, “I can bring her back with Bri, you can go home and get what you need to get done.” Joey said.

 

“I can't Joey.” Kara said as she looked to see Wade, walk back.

 

“Well I got bad news I gotta head to the set of Brits video, she's having dancing issues, guys be back here 10 am tomorrow. We will go through the last two numbers before we go to the arena for the set up there.”

 

“DAY OFF!!” Chris yelled as he got a burst of energy.

 

Kara laughed as she saw Carly's trademark face, she then looked to her and said, “Look I need to get your end of year gift, so if Joey AND Kelly are okay with you going there, that's fine. If not you are screwed.”

 

“Kara Evans, I am more than fine with it,” Kelly said as she walked to the guys. She laughed as she hugged her friend and said to her, “You of all people need to do things alone, and I heard Carly had her final lay out for her paper and I wanted to see it.”

 

Kara sighed as she then smiled to Carly and said, “You better behave and I will see you later tonight.”

 

“Thank you Kara.” Carly hugged her and ran down the hall with Brianne laughing.

 

She was not comfortable with having others care for her she felt as if she was taking advantage of her friends and didn't like the feel of it.

 

“Kara relax, she's gonna be fine.” JC said standing next to her.

 

“I know JC, I just hate how I feel like I am pawning her off. Her father used to do that to his family when he wanted alone time, I used to argue with him about it all the time.

“Hey Joe offered, if he didn't then I would worry, Okay?” JC said knowing he was right.

 

“True.” Kara smiled as she then pushed herself off the wall and walked down the hall and out to the atrium of the office. She looked to JC who was walking with her. “So JC, what are you going to do with your day off now?” She asked as she stood there.

 

“Not much I actually, well I need to go to the mall..if that's where you were going? I heard you say you had to go shopping for Carly.” He actualy stuttered when he spoke to her just now. Kara chuckled at how he was doing that.

 

“Yeah I am getting her some camera equipment, she has been begging me for this new camera and all other things, I told her mabye but I know that she aced her finals so I'm gonna get them tonight.” she said looking at him, “You want to come with me” she asked

 

“Actually, I was going to ask if you'd like to come with me too...funny how great minds think alike, Ms Evans.” he said giving his million dollar smile to her.

 

Kara rolled her eyes as she walked out with him, “Ugh wipe that smartass smile off your face Chasez,” she looked at him as he walked out of the building and to their cars. “So, how do we do this you want me to drive or...”

 

“I can drive, you can leave your car here for now and we can get it before we go to the party. “ Kara said as she went to hers.

 

JC looked as he saw her car. “Nice car Kara, when did you get this?” he said said going to the passenger side and climbed in.

 

“Uh...bout six months ago, the car I drove from Jersey down here was on the outs and I decided that I needed something new...and I just went for it.” Kara said looking at the new car she had.

 

JC smiled as she just said it nonchalantly. It wasn't flashy at all, the S Class suv was nice. It was loaded to the way he knew Kara...her speed. Not too much not too little. He smiled as she got herself situated in the car.

 

Kara looked to the passenger seat, “What?”

 

“Nothing,” JC said as he chuckled again

 

Kara started the car and saw him smiling and giggling again, “Okay I am not moving til you tell me what the hell is so funny.”

 

“You just well...Carly told me how you have a system for getting in the car the other day when she was her waiting...she said one day I would see it and she was right.”

 

“Ha ha,” Kara said as she moved out of her spot while shaking her head.

 

JC calmed down and put his hand on her knee, “It's okay I have a system too when I get in the studio, and when I drive. But your's is really cute.”

 

 

 

Over the next two hours, JC and Kara went to the stores that she needed to go to. JC never once complained as she was dragging him here and there. He draged her in and out of a few stores himself and she laughed as she remebered what she needed in two of them. She actually got to see JC open up a little bit more and she let her guard she had up with him down, and she let him know her like the other guys knew her.

 

Kara walked into the camera shop as JC looked to her. “So what is it that Carly needs?” he asked looking at the cameras.

 

“I am getting her a new camera, you know she's part of the photography club in school right?” Kara asked. JC nodded, she continued, “Well she has to put together another photo journal for her Junior Year, its an audition of some sorts.”

 

“For what?” he asked getting interested.

 

“To be the head photographer for the school paper, and yearbook. She found that she loves photography when we first got here. She's pretty good too. When my godson was born, right after her father died she found the camera at his party and she started taking pictures. I saw her that night on the computer uploading the pictures and saw how she got every detail.” Kara said then continued, “When we got here and she started school she had taken art the second half and it came to the photography part when she got to school.”

 

“I remember her loving that first camera she got from school too.” JC said seeing her outside the building everyday just taking landscape shots.

 

“Well needless to say going into her sophmore year she took the pictures she too while we were here for the summer and when we went home and the school loved her, she got a spot on the news photography and here she is up for the spot of lead, she has been begging me for new equipment so I bargained with her if she got good grades this year she would have her new stuff. Little does she know I knew her grades before she got to the office.” Kara said.

 

JC looked to her as she was picking up the camera she had seen online the day before and looked at the price. He knew she was keeping it in as if she was going to burst. She looked to JC and laughed.

 

“Yeah she did amazing, she got and A in English, and Biology, and A-'s in all her other classes and in photography she got an A+.” Kara said as she beamed.

 

 

“Kara that's amazing! Does she know?” JC asked,

 

“If she does she's hiding it well.” Kara said as she went to the salesman. Gave him the list of things she wanted and then gave him her card as he went to get her all the equipment.

 

JC saw a photographer's bag and smiled as he picked it up and went to the other salesman and had him ring it up.

 

Kara saw him and she smiled. “Why did you get her that?”

“Because I am proud of her too. “ JC said smiling, then looked at her.

 

She smiled as if he knew what he was thinking. She then looked at him.

 

“Thanks JC, and I hope I don't sound so stupid when I say, you surprised me today.” she said

 

“How so?” he asked as they gathered her bags and walked out of the store.

 

Kara shrugged and then went on, “Well I mean, you know I tried to be your friend and I dunno, I guess I didn't think you cared to much bout me or you were scared of me and well, my past. But Carly being...well Carly told me that you were giving me my space cus you didn't want to pry into my life.” She then put the newly purchased camera in the car and looked at him. And touched his arm, “Thank you for that, I know I might have been a little bitchy but I just didn't know if you wanted to know me and well I am glad that now we...well I am letting you get to know me.”

 

JC smiled as he pulled her into a hug and said, “I was just letting you get your space Kara, I didn't know how to let you know that I cared. And as Carly knew I wanted to but she also warned me that you needed to open up first. And I am glad you did.”

 

Kara pulled away and said, “Hey lets get to Joey's so we can give Carly her gift.”

 

“Deal.” JC said as they got in the car and took off.

End Notes:

more to come soon...let me know what you think so far....thanks for reading

Chapter 4 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

i have been trying to update for a week but have been busy people...here's the next chapter....and if i can i will get four up as soon as i get my thoughts on it...

Enjoy

 

CHAPTER THREE

 

:::::::::::::BACK AT JOEY'S HOUSE:::::::::::

 

Carly laughed as she sat with her feet in the pool and her most prized possesion in the world in her hands. Her Camera.

 

She was sitting at Brianna's house waiting for everyone to show up. She loved coming to Brianna's house. It made he laugh and smile when she needed it. Brianna was nothing like half the kids at the school she went to. True Brianna and herself were popular but some of the kids that were there, were a little stuck up and snotty. Carly and Brianna were nothing like that.

 

Carly was always a shy girl. She made friends but it took her forever to do so. She knew that drove Kara nuts. Carly sadly felft as if Kara forced her to meet Brianna one day and she didn't want to. Good thing Kara wanted her to meet Brianna. She and her clicked right away. The two were friends from the start.

 

Carly smiled as she saw Bri and her mother sitting at the picnic table and saw the two laughing with each other. Carly took the camera to her eye and took the picture. She then looked to where she heard Kara come walking in and saw who she was still with and smiled even more. She took a picture of her and JC standing side by side and then another one of Kara standing there alone with JC in the background looking at her as she spoke to Johnny, her and the bands Manager.

 

Carly smiled to herself for a moment. She was feeling a little down as she was watching Brianna with her family and she missed her mother. True what her mother and father did to Kara didn't sit well in her eyes but she missed them from time to time.

 

What she missed most was the family feelign she had when she saw Kara and her father together. She always loved how Kara made room for Carly. She loved Kara like a mother and was shocked to hear the truth about her mother and father cheating on their siginificant others. Kara didn't care too much for her mother's husband but Kara, she just couldn't believe her father would do that to her. She never knew why her father would be so stupid to do that to someone who had a heart of gold and would do anything for him, and herself. How could he want to throw that all away. She would never know that now.

 

That didn't matter to Carly, she had someone who wanted to care for her and she loved knowing that even if she wasn't Kara's real mother, Kara made her feel like she was her real mother.

 

Carly snapped out of it as she saw JC look at her. She began to put her camera away as she saw JC come up to her she got up and smiled. “Have fun being tortured by Kara and her shopping trip?”

 

“Actually we had a great time Carly.” he said as he looked to her. She then sat back down in the chair she was sitting in. She put her camera away and saw him look at her. “Yes oh wise one may I assist you?” she said.

 

'I just saw you sitting here deep in your thoughts. You okay?” He asked

 

“Yeah just got lost in thoughts of my mom.” Carly said as she shrugged her shoulders.

 

JC looked at her then to Kara seeing she was helping Kelly with the barbecue. “You want to talk about it, or do you need me to get Kara.” he asked carefully

 

“Nah I'm okay J, thanks for asking, I just....”Carly then shrugged her shoulders and continued on, “you know the full story right?”

 

JC looked to her and said, “No...well, I know bits and pieces but not the whole true story.”

 

Carly looked to him and took a deep breath, “Well I will tell you but you have to promise not to let Kara know I told you. I know only Joey and Chris know because she told them. Brianna knows cus she asked me at the time her father was finding it all out. Kelly of courese knows too.” Kara then looked to him and took a deep breath then said, “My father cheated on Kara.”

 

“I know he cheated on her, with someone.” JC said looking at her.

 

“Well,..true he was cheating but do you know who he was cheating on her with?” She asked as she saw him shake his head no. She went on, “He was cheating on her with my mom. They had been having an affair for over six months.”

 

JC's eyes went wide as Carly let him know what happened. He swallowed hard.

 

Carly went on. “Kara knew something was going on with the two of them, as did my stepfather but she didn't want to let go without giving it a chance. She hates to fail at ANYTHING. She knew something was up and well she had a feeling she was loosing him to my mom and she was right. I only knew because of my stepfather. I know Kara was just as shocked as I was. The night my parents were killed they were on their way up to my dad's when they got hit by a drunk driver. I was up at the house with Kara when she got the call.” Carly said as she remebered that day;

 

Mrs. Briggs,” the police officer said as he stepped into the house. Kara looked to him as Carly walked into the living room seeing the cops there.

 

Yes, I am Kara Briggs, can I help you?” Kara asked.

 

Mrs. Briggs, you need to come with me..your husband and a Miss...Liz Matthews were in a terrible accident.”


“My mom and dad were in an accident?!” Carly said as she came to Kara's side.

 

Kara looked to the officer as she held on to Carly, “This is their daughter, Carly, what is going on?”

 

the officer sighed as he went on, “Mrs Briggs, your husband and Liz were hit by a drunk driver out on route 495 on their way here. They were speeding as a drunk driver ran a red light, crossed the double yellow lines and hit their car head on. I am sorry to say but the impact was so severe that they both died as they arrived over at St. Matthew's.”

 

Kara sat there in shock as she heard Carly begin to scream and cry. “They....are dead?”

 

I am very sorry mam, we need you and your stepdaughter to come to the hospital to identify them so that we can get things takend care of .” the officer said.

 

Kara,'” Carly said as she held on tight to her, in shock and totally felt as if she had just had the rug pulled from underneath her.”

 

 

Carly felt a tear slip from her eye as she looked to JC, “i never saw Kara look so lost then I did that night. What was worse was the day after the funeral, Jack, my stepfather told my mother the real reason why they were on their way up to the house. They were going to kick her out nad tell her that it was over.”

 

“Wow.” was all JC could get out as he looked to Carly.

 

“Yeah, needless to say the real reason we came to Orlando was to get a fresh start. Kara couldn't live there, she went through the first six months in the deepest depression. I mean I would be too, finding out that your husband who you loved, was with another person, better yet the one who you feared he would leave you with. She one day just looked at me and said that she needed a change.” Carly said.

 

“You didn't give her a fight bout leaving?” JC asked.

 

Carly shrugged, “Not really I saw how upset she was. Her family knew it wasn't healthy for her to be there to so she sold the house, got one from the money she got on that one and we moved here.”

 

JC couldn't believe what she had been through. What they BOTH had been through. He knew her husband had died and that Carly's mom died but he never knew what she had really been through. It made him want to go to Kara and hug her, hold her and make her feel as if she was the only one. He turned his attention to Kara and saw her smile at him and Carly.

 

Carly saw the look in his eyes and smiled, “You like her don't you.”

 

JC turned and looked at Carly. He gave a small grin. “Its obvious isn't it.” he said.

 

“I knew you did and that's why you have given her space but please, do me a favor if you are going to seek her out romantically?” Carly asked.

 

“What's that oh young wise one.” he said thinking she was being funny but tuned out serious.

 

“Don't break her heart. I saw what happened once..i don't want to see it again.” she said with a look JC never saw on her.

 

He pulled her in for a hug and said, “I promise you sweetie, I won't”

 

Kara smiled as she placed her gift for Carly on the table. She looked at how her and JC were deep in conversation and she knew that Carly was good friends with all the guys...especially JC. She liked the fact that the two of them could have an open relationship.

 

“Ohh what's in the bag, something for me?” Chris asked as he tried to peek into it. He felt Kara's hand smack his.

 

“Crack head no it's not for you it's for Car, no please be a good boy and back away.” she said.

Chris being chris smiled as he yelled, “HEY CAR, KARA GOT YOU SOMETHING!!”

 

Carly got up and walked her way over to Kara smiling, “Oooh what did I get What did I Get?”

 

Kara smiled as she looked at her and said, “Well I was going to call you inside to open it alone with you but since, mouth over here ruined it, you can open it now.”

 

Carly looked into the bag as she felt all eyes on her. Her eyes opened wide as saucers as she pulled out her new camera. “YOU DIDN'T!”

 

“I did.”Kara said smiling.

 

“Oh no you didn't!” Carly said as she kept looking at the camera then to Kara.

 

“Oh but yes I did. I got your grades miss thing and I gotta say I am so proud of you” she said as Carly put the camera down and hugged her.

 

“THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!” Carly said as she looked at her new camera and beamed with pride.

 

All of the guys smiled as they saw the look on her face. It was as if she had just been given the gift of a lifetime.

 

 

 

 

Everyone had a blast at Joey's house. Form Carly getting her present to the food that Kelly and Kara cooked, to playing basketball. True Joey and Kelly's house was always fun to hang out there and just be with everyone. Kara smiled as she sipped her cup of coffee and watched Bri and Carly talk sitting by the pool and just relaxing. Kara chuckled as she saw her holding her Camera as if it was her most prized possession.

 

JC smiled as he sat down next to Kara out on the patio and saw her shaking her head and laughing. He was interested in knowing what was making Kara laugh. “What is so funny?”

 

“Look at Carly with that camera. I didn't know she was going to be that protective of it.” Kara said.

 

JC laughed as he saw her sitting there and looked to Kara smiling. He said something that he almost wanted to kick himself for saying, “You have a real pretty smile.” smooth JC. He said as he mentally kicked himself

 

Kara looked to him and smiled even brighter if it was possible. She then said, “Thanks JC, nobody's told me that in....well in a really long time.”

 

 

 

Carly looked over to where Kara and JC were sitting and smiled to herself. She saw how the sun was setting in the background and saw how they were talking. She took the picture and looked at the digital print on the screen. She hit save and smiled at how the picture looked. How she and JC made a real cute couple. This was something Carly was going to have to work on.

 

True her stepmother was with her father and now he was gone. But she always wanted Kara to be happy. She deserved to be happy for the first time in...well in a really long time.

 

And she didn't deserve to be alone.

End Notes:
Feedback everyone...i like the feed back :)
Chapter 5 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

Wow...another update...this chapter might be long but it's going to put things into perspective for the next few chapters for me to write. 

 Kara lets her guard down to JC and finally is beginning to allow herself to feel again.

 the lyrics in this chapter are from the song "Rain"  By Joey McIntyre.

 

To say it was a hectic two weeks would be telling a lie. It was pure hell. The guys as well as Kara had been so busy working round the clock. The guys alone were in the dance studio for 12 hours a day working out the routine, making sure every last move was down and right. They were pro's but at the same time they were perfectionists. They wanted it right and perfect.

 

Kara was getting the first four weeks out and ready. Making sure all the venues were ready with any and all requests for the guys, tour crew, and anyone else that was part of the N Sync crew.

 

Next was the bus and living arrangements on them. Making sure who was on what bus, making sure the shopping lists for food, toiletries, games, movies, and any other things that were needed for the guys. She went out to the buses the day before and made sure that everything was there and true to form it was.

 

Next was the hotels, making sure that she had confirmed not once but twice that they had a whole floor for the entire crew, that meant, rooms for the guys, room for the dancers, rooms for the band members, rooms for the crew, security. Any special needs that the guys requested were there or any wishes for longer stays were done. She made sure every I was dotted and T was crossed.

 

Last, and she hated doing this to the poor girl was to make sure Carly had her bags, as well as Kara's ready to go for the tour. Carly being a true 16 almost 17 year old she knew she was going to have to bribe her into doing this. She was going to reward her with a treat that she knew she would love. She and Kelly cooked it up at the barbecue two weeks ago. Kelly knowing she needed something for Brianna to have.

 

Carly was a true trooper helping out. She did laundry for the tour, packed herself, helped Kara pack. Cleaned the entire house. Made sure any food that would go bad was gone and out of the house, called the post office for Kara and advised to please have their mail placed on hold until the third week of August. Priced a landscaper but then was convinced by Joey to use the one he used. It worked out that he was the cheapest and the best. Carly took it one up and even got one of her friends from school to come and clean the pool once a week, for a very reasonable price. Carly got to run out twice and get enough memory sticks and extras she was going to need. She was bringing her camera along to work on her photo journal. She was going to need to use it for her interview for the lead photographer come school time. Being that she was going to be on the road for the time she could do landscape pictures as well as have fun with the guys taking pictures.

 

Kara was at home finishing off her cup of coffee looking over a few last minute ties she had to do before tonight as they were invited to stay at Johnny's place being that's where they were going to head out from the next day...at 3am. She was so into reading something that she didn't hear the doorbell ring, let alone Carly answer it or even hear who it was.

 

JC laughed at the site in front of him. Kara was a hard worker and he had seen her like this four days ago. He didn't bother her then but he had missed her very much. He knew they had a real busy schedule and they were luck that they got today off. Or so he thought. He thought she had off too and was going to treat her to a lunch date.

 

“Dam and I thought I worked myself to death” he spoke up as he and Carly stood in the doorway of the kitchen.

 

Kara jumped out of her seat and her face turned white. She looked as if she saw a ghost. “Oh shit, JC...you scared me half to death.” She said calming down. She then saw Carly standing there too and laughing her ass off with JC by her side. She looked to the two of them as she then asked, “Okay a) how long have you both been standing there, b) how the hell did you get into my house, and c) what the hell are you doing here?”

 

Carly looked at JC and took the first two questions, “Well, a) we have been standing here for about five minutes, b) the doorbell rang and I answered it and invited him in to OUR house and c),” Carly then looked at JC and asked that herself, “Yeah what the hell ARE you doing here?”

 

JC chuckled and said, “Well first as I told you Carly I haven't seen you in two weeks and wanted to see how you were doing, and second,” he then looked to Kara, “I missed seeing you the past two weeks, and wanted to know if you'd like to go to lunch and spend the afternoon with me.”

 

Kara did miss hanging out with him. Since that time they went to the mall a few weeks ago she wanted to spend some time with him again but being that they were all busy as all hell she never got the chance and by the time she would want to she saw how tired they were from rehearsals she didn't want to bother.

 

She smiled as she said, “Sure I'd love to but only if Carly can come for lunch. She and I had promised to do that together and I don't like breaking,” she was cut off by Carly.

 

“Okay let me cut in here, JC yes she will accept your date, and Kara, you can take me to dinner tonight,” Carly said then smiled back to JC, “With JC, Joey, Kelly, and Bre.” s

 

“Excuse me missy?” he said looking at her dead in the eye.

 

“Well if you must know Mr. Chasez,” Matching his facial expression “i am giving up my lunch with her so you can go on a date with her...you owe me buster.”

 

JC looked at her and said, “Deal missy, and you can tell Bre and Joey I said so too.”

 

Kara watched the two of them go back and forth. She then saw Carly say to her, “Kara go get your ass ready, he's gonna shrink to nothing if you keep him waiting. “

 

 

 

Kara snapped out of it and went upstairs to get ready. “Its not a date Kara, relax girlie, it's only lunch”

she had to keep telling herself as she went through her closet. She sighed as she then looked at the bed and decided that she was going to just wear what she had planned to go to Johnny's that night in.

 

Kara jumped in and out of the shower fast. She put on her outfit and smiled to herself. She was in a pair of denim cargo pants and a light blue camisole underneath her favorite black cardigan. She dried her hair with a towel and pulled it back with a clip. She put on a light layer of make-up from what she had not packed. She put on her sandals and a splash of perfume. She did a once over and smiled as she had to say again, “IT'S JUST LUNCH...IT'S NOT A DATE....”dam Carly for saying what she just said.

 

JC was sitting in the living room watching TV with Carly. He was laughing with her at whatever show they were watching. He saw her smile as she looked to the bottom of the staircase. She looked at him as he turned around and saw Kara. He eyed her up and down at her look. 'You clean up well Ms. Evans.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “thank you. You ready?” She asked JC

 

JC got up and went to Carly and ruffled her hair. “thanks for letting me take Kara away from you. See you at 7?” he asked her.

 

“Yes,” Carly said getting up and going to Kara giving her a hug and saying, “I am going to my other home til dinner, I will text you when we are leaving there okay?” Carly said

 

Kara smiled as she said, “Okay just don't forget that Big Mike is going to be here,” as she said this she heard a loud knock and she knew he was here, “Well now,” Kara went to the door and smiled as she saw him enter.

 

“Hey there Kara, sorry I'm early but I went to see if Joey and their crew were ready but of course, Joey wasn't. So if you are all done I will get your stuff and then go back. “ he then looked to JC and stared at him oddly/

 

JC stared at Mike then Carly who was enjoying how Mike's face was trying to figure out why he was there. She sighed, “hey Tiny, JC is here to get Kara and go on a date. His stuff is already at Johnny's and he is more than ready to go. Happy now?” Carly said

 

Mike looked at her and smiled, “Yes half pint of me, I am,” he looked to Kara.

 

“Well our bags are in the Garage ready to go,” and she looked to JC and said, “As are we.”

 

“See you later Carly, and be easy on Tiny Mike, he doesn't need the abuse you are going to give him...” JC then mumbled “Yet.”

 

Mike rolled his eyes while grabbing the ladies bags, “Watch it JC, and Kara have a nice afternoon.”

 

 

 

Twenty minutes later JC and Kara were seated at a nice little Italian Bistro. Kara liked little places like this, “This is cute JC.” she said

 

“Yeah the food is amazing here, I hope you don't mind I picked this place.” He asked.

 

“No, not at all I have heard from Joey and Kelly that this place was nice and I should try it.” She said looking at him

 

“And now you are.” JC said smiling at her.

 

Kara smiled as the waiter brought over their waters, took their drink orders and left them to look over their menus. 'okay so maybe it could be a date.' Kara said to herself as she relaxed and looked at her menu trying to figure out what she wanted.

“What looks good to you?” JC asked as he looked up and smiled at how she looked at the menu.

 

“It's a toss up between the Shrimp and pasta or Chicken Franchese.” Kara said then looked to him, “what bout you?”

 

“I was looking at the same thing actually.” JC said as they both laughed.

 

“How about I get the Chicken and you get the other and we just share?” Kara asked as the waiter stood there.

 

JC smiled at how she was going to share her food. Other girls he took here would get a salad then look at him as if he was a slob as he ate some big dish. He smiled to the waiter and said, “what she said we are gonna do.” The waiter smiled as he grabbed the menus and walked away. JC looked at her as she looked around then to him.

 

Kara saw him staring at her and smiled as she said, “I can take a picture of myself if you want to stare at something.”

 

JC snapped out of it and laughed, “Ha ha. So where do you want to go after this?”

 

“Well I do need to go to target for a few little odds and ends.” Kara said as she sipped her drink she then looked at him, “If you don't wanna go it's cool.” she said

 

“Kara,” JC said as he leaned in to the table and continued, “I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to take you. I really want to do something with you today, so if you need to go shop we can do that. And after that we can go do something else, movie, bowling, mini golf.” JC was cut off as Kara laughed.

 

“Mini golf no, Movie I would say yes but it is gonna make me fall asleep and I plan on staying up until we get on the bus tonight so that's out.” she then looked at him s she said, “How about after lunch we go to the store, then if I figure something out I will let you know. And tonight the six of us can go bowling before going to the Compound.” Kara said

 

JC smiled at her. “Deal. He smiled at her as he then said, “So what places are you looking forward to seeing?”

 

Kara smiled as she started talking about how the tour was starting, “I like how we are going from Mississippi then out west then going out east. I am excited bout going to New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio, LA, San Francisco, and of course the two weeks we have in New York . I get to see my family.” she then looked at him and started to blush, “Vegas, being I have never been there.”

 

“Really? You have never been to Vegas?” JC asked then continued, “I thought you went last year when we went for the awards show.”

 

“I was going to but I had to have Mark take my place, Carly got sick with the flu an I was not about to leave her alone with Kelly.” Kara said.

 

“Right, Joey told me that. Bre and Kelly stayed behind to at the time because it turned out that his daughter got sick so he was keeping tabs on all four of you worried.” JC said.

 

“Yeah Carly was horrible, she had such a bad fever that I was afraid I would have to take her to the ER.” she then went on, “But she broke it that night and was good.” she finished as she began to eat some of her food.

 

“Yeah then I turn of her getting the flu you got it and you passed out at work with a high fever and were dehydrated.” JC said.

 

Kara looked at him in amazement. “You remember that?” she asked

 

“Yeah, Joey took you to the ER, and called Kelly and told her to keep Carly at her house for a few days.” he said.

 

“Yeah I wound up staying in the hospital for two days cus me being me I ran my sorry ass down.” Kara said laughing.

 

“I remember seeing you that day. I was shocked you came in at all.”

 

“Hey I knew this spot was up for grabs and I didn't think I was that bad.” Kara said

 

JC looked at her and laughed, “honey, you looked like casper's sister”

 

Kara shrugged, “I was always like that. I remember being in high school playing basketball and I got pneumonia and tried going to school only having to call my mother to get me from school with a 103.8 fever.”

 

They fell into a comfortable silence as they finished their food and she heard a song come on in the background and she smiled to herself. She blushed as JC looked at her. “Sorry.” she then asked, “What were you asking?”

 

 

JC smiled and laughed lightly to her as he said, “I said nothing but obviously the song on the radio got you into la la land.”

 

“It's always been a favorite of mine, its a special song for me. I heard while Carly and I were driving down here and before that I hadn't heard it since I was in college.” she said smiling as she listened to the song

 

I wonder how I'll get along
I wonder where I might belong
Losing your way is easy to do
Wandering around without a clue

 

JC smiled as he hear the lyrics to the song and asked her, “what does it mean to you.”

 

Kara looked into his eyes as she spoke, “Well the chorus I love because it reminds me of how I made it through the toughest thing I had happen to me. Losing my husband, and then the battle of getting Carly, that was easy but I was just scared that it was going to have to fight her stepfather. Turned out he didn't care to have her. And when I found out the night after I had gotten her I was furious to the extreme. I fell into a deep depression.” Kara said looking at him

 

If there's a way I don't know where
If there's a why l'm standing here
Losing my mind is easy to do
Where are you...

JC was almost scared to ask her, “What happened? I-I mean if you want to talk about it I will listen.”

 

Kara looked at him in shock. “Y-You don't know the full story?” Kara said

 

“Nope, why?” JC asked as he sat there

 

And the rain falls down
It's the only way it gets better
When the rain is fallin' down
Telling me that l'm gonna make it through

Kara sat back in shock. She thought he would have found out by now and being that he didn't shocked her down to her core. “Wow, I thought Joey would have told you and the guys by now.” she said sitting and playing with the napkin. She took a deep breath and went on.

 

I never thought of what it cost
All of the time I might have lost
So much to gain playing it cool
I'm better cast playing the fool

“Well you knew that my husband was planning on leaving me for Carly's mom and her mother was leaving her husband for him.?” Kara saw JC nod his head and she went on. “Well what I found out the night that the papers were signed saying that I had officially adopted Carly was a shock to me more then anyone.”

 

“What was that?' JC said looking into her eyes.

 

“Well let me backtrack to when he was starting his affair.”Kara said to him. She then went on, “Just before he started his affair I thought I had the best life, and family of three with my first on the way.” she looked at his face before she went on.

 

And the rain falls down
It's the only way it gets better
If the rain would fall down
Then I know I could make it through the night

 

“Well that didn't ring true. I lost the baby that I was supposed to have at 10 weeks. I was devastated as was my husband. I grieved and then got over it because he promised me that we would try again soon. Then things changed. Nathan, would work later, not be around as much and if he was he would always be on his phone texting someone, talking to someone and what not. I had a feeling something was going on and for months he would tell me that nothing was going on and that he was happy with me, and I believed him.” Kara said

 

“But this wasn't true.” JC said

 

Kara shook her head. “Not in the least. Two weeks before he died he admitted to me that he had been seeing her again and that they were in love again. He told me that he would like to try and work things out with me but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I started getting things prepared to leave, when that night happened.”

 

 

I know I will, but when will I
Stand up to myself, make up my mind
I might not have, what I had before
But I still got the rain

She then went on, “anyway, he was in a car accident that night with her in the car coming over to let me know it was over. They both died from the impact of the crash. But that wasn't the shock to me.” Kara had to take a deep breath as she said the next part. “I found out four months later that Liz..that's Carly's mom, was 5 months pregnant...with Nate's baby.” Kara finished.

 

JC didn't know what to say. Sorry would sound so stupid and mean as if like telling her 'oh get over it you are better off without him'. True she was better off without him, but to have someone you loved die cheating on you with his ex, die with them and then months later find out that he was having a child with that woman is just devastating. He took her hand into his and held it from across the table and let out what he wanted to say.

 

And the rain falls down
It's the only way it gets better
If the rain would fall down
Then I know I could make it through the night

 

 

“I know that this is going to come out all wrong but let me try to let it out right.” he took a breath and went on, “what happened to Nate and Liz was sad, not just because they are gone, but because I feel bad for Carly not having her parents around. As for what they did to you and what you had to go through? That right there shows what kind of woman you really are.”

 

Kara looked at him a little puzzled. “And what kind of woman do you see in me?” she asked. She felt him stroke her hand and put her sorrow she was feeling at ease.

 


 

 

 

“You, Kara are an amazing woman. Strong even if you don't think you are. You took a crappy time for Carly and yourself and have turned it into something better for the both of you. What happened to you , true was horrible but you are able to smile through it and in the end you are coming out on top.” he looked into her eyes and went on, “true it doesn't take the pain from what happened away right now or even right away, but I can see in time you are going to come out better than okay.” JC said

 

JC let go of her hand as she wiped the tears away from her eyes. He waved down the waiter and paid for their lunch. And they both got up. At that moment Kara stopped him and gave him a hug.

 

Kara blinked back the tears that came to her face and smiled. She said to him, “Thanks Josh.”

 

“What for?” he asked

 

“For seeing in me what I have only begun and still I am having a hard time seeing. Only other people to tell me that are Carly and my parents.” she said to him

 

And the rain falls down
It's the only way it gets better
When the rain is falling down
Telling me that I'm gonna make it through

 

 

“Kara, I am not going to lie to you. I like you...a lot. And I would like to see where this friendship could go but I'm not going to push you.” JC said as he cupped her face in his hands.

 

Kara looked into his eyes and said, 'I like you too, I am just scared JC and I want to take it slow. I don't want to have my heart taken again.”

 

JC smiled as he let go of her face and put her hand in his, as if it was meant to be there in her hands. “I promise to do my best to not break your heart.”

 

“That's all I can ask for right now JC.” Kara said smiling.

 

And the rain falls down
It's the only way it gets better
When the rain is falling down
Telling me that I'm gonna make it through

 

JC saw her face light up in a way he had never seen and he was happy to know that he could do that to her. He took the hand he was holding and gave it a soft secure kiss and said, “Good, let's go have some fun now!”

 

Oh yeah, it's the only way
Oh, ohhhhh, it's the only way
Let it rain, let it rain down on me

 

Kara smiled as they walked out of the restaurant holding his hand and feeling the start of something she hadn't felt in a long time. She started to not feel so alone.

 

 

song in the story is “Rain” by Joey McIntyre.

End Notes:

reviews are nice...i am starting the next chapter now so...maybe another update soon...hopefully ;)

Chapter 6 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

i am sorry i had a hard time getting on my computer here and work has been hell..but here it is the next chapter....it's most likely a builder for good things to come for the two lovers....could the next chapter be wehere they finally....you know....you never know...enjoy

 

Carly laughed as she walked into the back of the bus seeing Kara. She walked to the front and was laughing as she took her camera and saw JC looking at her.

 

“What is so funny Ms. Evans?” JC finally asked. Kelly, Joey and Bri all looked up and said the same thing.

 

“Oh you are gonna want to see this.'” Carly said as she lead him to the back of the bus. She opened the door and showed him.

 

JC had to admit the sight in front of him was funny. Here was Kara on the floor with her laptop on one of the couches and her head back and mouth open snoring lightly...papers on her stomach that was exposed with her tank riding up a little.

 

Carly started snapping pictures and was laughing too hard to continue. “Oh man this is the best picture of her by far.”

 

“Car, Kara's gonna have your head I you even think to show that pic off.” Joey said even if he too was laughing at the sight in front of him.

 

JC laughed as he bent down to her and brushed her hair out of her face. That must have worked cus she jumped to life.

 

Kara looked up to Carly and the guys as she started cleaning up the mess she had made and was rambling, “How long was I.....I am sorry bout the mess, you guys want the room to play games I will finish, “ She was cut off by a soft finger going to her lips and his blue eyes looking into her blue/green eyes.

 

“We just thought it was too cute how you were dead asleep in here. You must have been working on something and got tired and fell asleep right where you were working.” JC said helping her up.

 

Kara stretched as she looked at him, “Yeah I was up all last night on the road went to bed in my bunk at like 5 am and got up at 8 am to finish. As you can see its now,' she looked at her watch. “9:45 and I am officially done with your reservations and getting all cleared up for the next two days.” Kara said feeling accomplished.

 

“Excuse me, cleared up for two days, what the hell.” Joey said as he saw her put her laptop away and saw the smile on her face.

 

“Well we are having a meeting with the rest of the crew and guys as soon as we get to the next venue in New Orleans in, HEY TOM HOW MUCH LONGER!” Kara yells

 

“30 minutes Ms. Kara.” he answered.

 

“See you both,” Carly said pointing to the two of them and continued, “Will find out then, and don't try to get it out of her JC, she's as stubborn as a mule when she wants to keep a secret,” Carly said as she sat down on the couch and looked out the window.

JC laughed as he watched the woman he has gotten to know in the past month, was sitting in the front on the phone. There was no lie she was a worker first. She had everyone's wishes...even the girls down and ready when the arrived in all the hotels. She had the toy room figured out. She was the first one up in the morning with itineraries in her hand passing them out and then having a power meeting over breakfast to make sure everyone knew where to be and at what time.

 

When Kara wasn't planning stays at hotels, she was at the store getting personal items for anyone and everyone. She was good...no she was phenomenal at her job.

 

One thing JC had planned, and hoped that it didn't backfire was a date with Kara while in New Orleans. He wanted to take her on a date. A real date. He got Joey and the guys all for it as well as Carly. He thought Carly would be the hardest and she was the easiest to convince on this one.

 

“So, ready to ask her on a real date Chasez?” Carly asked.

 

“Actually....I feel like I am back in high school.” JC admitted.

 

Carly looked at him as if he had six heads then said, “You are kidding right?” she saw the look on his face then said, “Ugh like I told her, you need to calm down. We have been on these dam buses for over a week now and the way you both dance around each other and your feelings is making us want to lock you in a room and have you to just....well I can't think like that cus she's my mother.” Carly said

 

JC laughed as he heard the 16 year old talk like she did. He then asked, “should I ask now or late?”

 

“As only Kara can say,” Carly said as she got up and went to her bunk to grab her things, “Do what is right now rather than waiting til later.”

 

JC smiled as he walked to the front of the bus and sat in front of Kara. He smiled at her as she put her finger up as she was finishing up an email

 

Kara looked to JC as she finished her email., “Yes, JC what can I help you with.”

 

“Nothing, I was just wondering what you were up to tonight?” he asked.

 

“Not much, I was going to get to the hotel and just sleep for a bit then go out tonight.” Kara said

 

“Well if you'd like,” JC said as he knew this was his moment. He went on, “I wanted to know if you'd like to go on a date tonight.”

 

Kara knew this was coming for a while now. She felt it since their lunch two weeks ago and how they have been dancing around this moment. She smiled as she decided to have fun, “A date?”

 

“Yes, a date.” JC said

 

Kara looked at him, “I didn't know that Justin wanted to date me, I am too old for him.” she said as she saw his face fall a half a step she had to recover, “JC I am just joking, I would love to go on a date with you, that is if I am going out with you tonight?” she asked.

 

JC smiled as he said, “Well I was gonna set you up with Chris, but his girlfriend would have killed me, so yes I would like to take you out, just the two of us.”

 

“What time do I need to be ready?” Kara asked.

 

“Well I was going to make reservations for 8pm if that is okay. I don't think we have anything tomorrow do we?” he asked

 

Kara smiled, “No you are free til Sunday for the concert here, I made sure of no interviews til then and then the show and the talk show Monday morning.”

 

The bus pulled up to the hotel as Kara got up and went to grab her bag, and the folder that had “NEW ORLEANS,” written on it. She looked back to JC and kissed him on the cheek and said, “See you in the lobby at 8” and she walked off.

 

As Kara walked off she texted Kelly with, “911 I need to shop asap I have a date with JC and I have nothing to wear!”

 

 

:::::::::::::::::::::LATER THAT NIGHT::::::::::::::::::

 

 

Kara stood at the mirror in the hotel and began to apply her makeup. It only took her three hours more than she wished to find an outfit for tonight. She wanted to run to the mall down the road get an outfit and be back to relax the ENTIRE afternoon. That was not Kelly, Bre or even Carly's method.

 

They dragged her to every store in the mall, trying on outfit after outfit, countless dresses, til they found the one. Well, more than one, Kara caved and bought six new dresses. All fun outfits that showed Kara's sweet and sexy side. Something that she kept hidden for too long. She smiled as she got each dress and was happy to have a friend and daughter (well stepdaughter) eager to shop with her.

 

Kara just finished putting on her mascara and was bout to put on her lip gloss when she saw Carly in the doorway of the bathroom. She saw her face slowly smile at her. “What's up Carly?”

 

“Kar, you look really pretty tonight....no better than that....you look amazing.” Carly said as she looked at Kara.

 

Kara looked and smiled again. She wore a chocolate brown halter style dress that was form fitting to the waist then flowed out. The back was completely bare as the only thing holding it up was the clip of the top part of the dress. She pulled her hair up in after curling it to give it some body. She then finished her outfit with chandelier earrings with pink rhinestones, and a matching necklace.

 

“I don't know bout amazing but it's been a long time since I did this ya know.” Kara said as she heard the connecting door open and saw Joey and Kelly walk in, “God I feel like I am Carly's age going out on my first date.” Kara said as she saw them stop dead in their tracks.

 

“WOW, Kara, you look stunning.” Kelly said as she went to her and made her turn around. She then continued, “Who's pick was this?”

 

“Yours, oh good friend, you said this would be perfect.” Kara said then said, “and you were right I do think it's perfect.”

 

“Kara I love it, you look great doesn't she Joe?” Kelly turned back and saw Joey just standing there, with his jaw dropped open she smacked him upside the head to get him awake, “you are such a guy.”

 

“WHAT! I am used to seeing Kara, look sweet and cute, not sweet and sexy.” Joey said as he heard his cell phone go off.

 

“Talk to me....yeah she's ready....how does she look?....you will find out as soon as you see her....yeah I will tell her....got it....o-okay.....later.” Joey said as he looked to Kara who was putting on her shoes. He spoke to her and said, “That was JC, he said to meet him down in the lobby.”

 

Kara smiled as she grabbed her bag and a key for the room. “Carly don't go anywhere off the hotel grounds, without texting me unless you are with these two. Yes if you want you can crash with Bre....and if you follow my rules Kelly, Joe and I have a surprise for the two of you.”

 

“What's that?” Carly asked almost bouncing like a giddy lil girl.

 

“You will find out tonight, or tomorrow depending on when I find out the truth.” Kara gave herself another once over as she then left and said, “Have a good night.”

 

 

 

JC sat in a chair in the lobby as he waited patiently for Kara. He heard Mike, his body guard laugh. And looked at him, “What?”

 

Mike stopped as he said, “C man, you need to calm down, its Kara, I know you got a thing for her but you need to relax.”

 

“Mike man Carly told me this is her first date in six months, and I care bout her I want it to be as perfect as it can be.' He said as he then saw Justin walk in to the hotel with Lance, “Just great!”

 

“What's up C, Kara forget something and you are down here waiting.” Justin said/

 

“Sadly no, I was having her meet me here so she didn't get embarrassed by you guys but that thought is shot to shit.” JC said.

 

“Sorry, I will get out of your way so....whoa.” Justin said as he saw Kara step off the elevator and walk towards the two of them.

 

JC turned around and saw what Justin was looking at. Kara looked amazing. He had to shake his head as she walked to him, he then said all he could say at that time, “Hey.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “Hey yourself.” she then saw Justin as he kept looking at her “Hey Justin, here take a picture it will last longer.”

 

Justin snapped out of it and said, 'I'm gonna go, have...uh yeah Kara you look. WOW” he said as he walked away.

 

JC finally got to look her over as he did have to admit, she looked stunning. 'You look, stunning.” JC said to her.

 

Kara blushed a little bit and said to him, “You look good too.” She liked how he could always dress and make it look as if it wasn't hat hard to do. He was in a pair of black slacks and a ivory linen button down shirt with a black sleeveless tee underneath it. She smiled and said, “i take it back you look very good.”

 

 

 

The date was going smoothly. JC kept apologizing for having to drag big Mike with them and she had to on many occasions tell him it was fine, he stayed a good 15 feet away from them so it wasn't that bad to have him there.

 

JC took a chance and took Kara to a sushi restaurant. Turned out it was a hit as Kara loved sushi. They ordered things that they could share and just enjoyed the night together. JC learned what Kara liked and didn't like, what kind of child she was growing up and just got to know her. He started to realize that they had a good amount in common.

 

Kara smiled and laughed the whole time they were on their date. She smiled as they walked into the VIP section of the dance club JC got recommended to. It wasn't like the places they would usually go to and she liked that, this was a mixture of all music. From hip-hop which she didn't care for to even yes pop music. Kara sat with JC as he put an arm around her shoulder and felt the fire that she knew was building between them for the past few weeks become a little more ignited. Looked to him as she then heard the next song the DJ played.

 

JC smiled as he saw the look in her eye as she wanted to dance, “Let's go. , I didn't bring you here to sit and do nothing, I wanna dance with you.”

 

Kara got a little nervous as she said, “I am warning you Josh, I am not that good.” she said as they made their way to the dance floor.

 

“Relax, just feel my body with you and let it all go.” HE said into her hear as she took his word and began to feel the music. She started to sway to the rhythm with him and looked into his eyes as he smiled and said, “that's it Kara, show me what you got.”

 

Kara kept dancing for the next hour and didn't realize it as she was having a blast. She then was about to walk away when she heard a slow song come on. She felt JC tug her hand and said, “Dance this one with me.”

 

Yeah ummm... yeah. I've gotten close so many times
Tryin to fit in I don't know why
I had to leave behind a dream that could be mine
I thought that I would never find
Someone who's heart could read my mine
Now I don't have to hide cuz you are in my life

I promise you that love won't be easy
I promise you there'll be times apart (apart)
But I swear that it comes from my heart
When I promise you're the only one for me
(for me.. yeah)

 

 

Kara rested her head on his chest as they started to sway to the music. Kara closed her eyes as she listened to the song and felt JC's arms tighten around her.

 

JC looked down at Kara as she rested her head on her and she began to hum the song. He loved how she fit into his life. If he didn't know it before he knew now that he saw something here with Kara. He was starting to feel again.

 

He was starting to fall.


Sometimes I know it hard for you
Wondering if we'll make it through
But if you give me time
I'll show you that you're mine, I promise you

You showed me who I am, I know you understand
You taught me how to just not be afraid of love
I'm not afraid to look in your eyes
I surrender to love I open to nothing you anything inside

 

“Kara,” JC said into her ear as they continued to dance. She looked up into his eyes and he looked right into them. He loved her blue green eyes and how they told her story in a moment. He took a breath and said, “tell me I am not the only one here? I...I mean tell me that this is something worth going for?”

 

I promise you that love won't be easy
I promise you there'll be times apart (apart)
But I swear that it comes from my heart
When I promise you're the only one for me
(for me.. yeah)

 

 

Kara looked right into his eyes and smiled as she then pulled him in. She then took one look at his eyes as she then felt his lips on hers. She pulled away and said to him, “You aren't seeing things Josh, just give me time to get where you are.”

 

JC smiled as he right then and there cupped her face in his hands and bent down and gave her the slowest, sweetest kiss. It was a kiss that let Kara know that he knew what she meant and that she could trust him. Kara gripped on to JC as she felt the kiss go to her knees and made her go weak. For the first time in a very long time she started to let herself feel.

 

And it felt great.

 

Song credit: you're the only one for me” by: Allure

 

End Notes:
any ideas...i like the feed back
Chapter 7 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

JC opens up that night about how he has had his share of heartache.....

 

JC smiled as he walked with Kara back to the hotel. He held her hand and she had a smile on her face that matched how he felt. He looked at her and said, “I had an amazing time tonight.”

 

Kara smiled and looked at him. She was feeling as if she was on cloud nine at that point. She never felt this good. She saw the cafe that was in the hotel was still open and asked him, “feel like a little coffee?”

 

He smiled as he too didn't want this date to end so he told her, “Sure thing, if it's your treat?”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “you're on.”

 

They walked in and saw that the place was not too busy. They found a half moon booth and sat down. Right away the waiter came over took their drink order and Kara feeling a little hungry ordered some chocolate cake thing she saw when they walked in.

 

“This is nice, I'm glad you decided to come in here.” JC said as he looked to her. She came closer and snuggled into him as he put his arm around her.

 

Kara looked up to him and smiled at him as she felt his hand lightly rubbing her back. She went to his lips and kissed him lightly. She looked into his eyes and saw what she had seen, the one day they had been on their lunch date together. He was holding heartache. She wanted to get that out of him.

 

“JC,” she said to him as she moved and took his hand in hers. “I know you have hurt before. I can tell. I know you might not want to tell me now but I will tell you one thing, I could never hurt you. Not in a million years,” Kara said.

 

JC looked at her and the slight tension that was in his shoulders went away as he said, “Bobbi.”

 

Kara looked at him then saw the waiter come back with their coffee and desert. He left then said, “Bobbi? I thought you guys were finished close to 8 years ago.”

 

“Well unknown to the press, we were dating again. It was like it was all right and nothing could go wrong. Then things took a very different turn.” he took a sip of his coffee then went on.

 

“Bobbie started cheating again, then one day when I got home she told me she was pregnant, and that I was most likely going to be the father.” JC finally let it out.

 

Kara sat there and said, “Wait a minute how can she say most likely, either you know this shit or not. Unless....” She saw JC's face and said, “Well...if that's not a kick in the balls.”

 

JC chuckled sarcastically, “To say the least.” he then continued, “Anyways, I did what SHE wanted and I proposed to her. We were going to be married after she gave birth. I stayed with her through the entire pregnancy. Even to the hospital to her delivery.”

 

Kara sat in silence, knowing his pain and took his hand and laced her fingers into his. He looked to her and went on. “Those forty-eight hours were the worst hours of my life. I watched her give birth to what I thought would have been my first son until the baby came out.” he took a deep breath and looked down to the table and said, “The baby was black....Bobbie and I are white....and at that point the other guy that I knew was the father.” JC said then looked at me.

 

“Who was this guy JC?” Kara asked as she saw his face fall/

 

“It was Dallas. My so called best friend. She had been with him ever since we got back together.” JC said as he looked up.

 

Kara sat there amazed as she looked to him, “You know what I am going through then. How it feels to be used.” she said. He shook his head as she went on, “I never knew, why didn't you ever tell me.? Does anyone else know?” she had to know.

 

“Joey knows, as does Kelly too...she was at the hospital being she's a nurse and all. She was the only one I wanted in there besides the doctor during the delivery. I knew she wouldn't leak this out . She still kept it in. “ he said. “Joey was at the hospital too, when I walked out he looked at me then saw Dallas, and kicked the shit out of him. Being Joey he took one look and figured it out.”

 

Kara never knew just how much they had in common. Here he was for the past year holding in this secret from her and she never knew. Hell, nobody knew it. He did a great job keeping it all in. Kara smiled as she said, “That explains those two songs I heard then huh?”

 

“Which ones?” JC said as he looked at her.

 

“Until Yesterday, and Slept with my Best Friend” Kara said then continued, “I had a feeling you were cheated on but not to THAT extent”

 

“It happens,” JC said

 

“Not like that,” Kara said as She saw the look on JC's face, “Okay not my way either, what can I say we are the two that got shitty ends of the deal.”

 

JC had to smile as she said that then took he hand and held it as he looked her in the face, “I care for you Kara, and if you let me in..i will not hurt you.”

 

Kara responded as only she could. She leaned in and gave him what she thought could be a soft sweet kiss. When she pulled back she felt his hands hold her head and he took this moment to deepen the kiss. Their tongues matted, and danced. When he pulled away they were breathless. Good thing the cafe was dark, Kara was red in the face from that kiss.

 

They paid the bill and went back upstairs. Kara smiled as she got to her room and looked back at JC. She then said, “thank you again Josh, for a great night.”

 

“JC smiled as he kissed her one last time, and said, “Tomorrow 9am, you and Carly be ready. I will be here to escort you both for breakfast.”

 

“It's a date, and don't forget you have a noon interview at the radio station.” Kara said as she stood in the door way.

 

JC smiled and said, “Thanks.” he bent down one more time and kissed her. He held her there til they both heard two girls giggling on the other side of the door. He laughed while he was kissing her and pulled away.

 

“I guess I better go in and get my grilling over with.” Kara said as she smiled and said. “Sweet dreams Josh, see you in the morning,” She then yelled “WITH CARLY BRIGHT AND EARLY!”

 

JC smiled and walked away back to his room and smiled. He saw Lance siting there as he went to his part of the suite. “Good night JC.”

 

“Yeah.” he said

 

“and dinner.” lance asked.

 

“it was nice, food was good, club was great, it was a very nice night out with my girl.” JC said as he cringed after saying that.

 

Lance smiled as he said, “Bout dam time brother. And you guys are great for each other.”

 

JC was bout to say something when his phone went off... he smiled at the text.

 

thank you for putting the smile on Kara's Face...now keep it that way young man!! ;) “

 

JC smiled as he said good night to lance and replied to Carly.

 

Well thank Kara for putting one on my face....see you for Breakfast tomorrow young lady :)”

 

 

 

True to JC's word, he was at Kara and Carly's door at 9am. They all went down to breakfast together and joined the group for some food.

 

Carly watched the two of them the entire next day and smiled as she saw Kara let loose and become herself again. She sighed as she ran across the street from the hotel to the photo shop to pick up her photos she developed. She then got in the car and was on her way to the venue with the crew. She got a moment to start looking at pictures she had taken two weeks ago. There were ones she took of Kara at work, some of her friends at school, one of Bri, and her parents, she made a few copies of this one to give to them and to keep one herself. She had tons of the first show in Jackson, MS. She then saw the one she took the night she got her new camera.

 

It was Kara and JC sitting at the picnic table at Joey's and they were just sitting there talking, but Carly captured the romance right then and there. She saw how Kara smiled to him and how he smiled back at her and how they were just happy. Carly saw Chris come over and smiled.

 

Chris smiled as she saw her with her latest batch of photos. “These the newest set sweets.”

 

“Yeah, you want to look?” Carly offered them all over.

 

Chris smiled as he looked at the true art that Carly had created with her camera, he laughed as he saw the goofy shot she got during their first show. He smiled as he saw the pictures and said, “you have a real talent.”

 

“You really think so?” Carly said.

 

“Hell yeah sweets, you capture it all in a shot.” Chris said then saw one of the copies of JC and Kara. She saw which one he smiled at and said, “that's my favorite of them so far. I am putting that in my Portfolio for school.”

 

“I love how it looks. Very Journalistic. You have a great talent kid.” Chris then said, “how about you have a summer job while on the road with us.”

 

This of course sparked Carly's attention. “What do you mean?”

 

“What if you did behind the scene pictures for our tour. You could use them in your portfolio for the paper, as well as we could use them for the website, facebook, and what not. We all love your work.” Chris said to her.

 

Carly smiled as she said, “I would love to.”

 

Chris added, “We would need the okay from Kara, and I already did what I needed to with Johnny and he was more than all for it being he saw all the pictures you took in Kara's office, he was shocked a 16 year old took them not a professional.”

 

Carly huffed, “Not a professional? I am better then most professionals....well except ansel Adams I want to get to that point with the landscapes. I love his work.”

 

Chris laughed as he saw Kara walk into the break room he went right for the kill, “Hey Kara, I have a job op for Carly this summer>”

 

Kara sighed, “No Chris, she is not going to be your personal assistant. She's too young and it would be labor law violations. She's nobody's assistant other then mine because she's my kid...well sort of>”

 

Chris laughed as Carly rolled her eyes, “Well being how I would love to do that, she's not my type and it's not what I wad offering her.” he went on as Kara looked at him. “We all love how Carly's photos look and since she's dong her photo journal this summer, why not help us out and do the pictures for our website, as well as her journal and I have a feeling we can cover all of her expenses for he equipment to her pictures being developed. Plus a little incentive cash too. “

 

Kara looked at Carly as she looked so hopeful. Carly was going to find a summer job if they didn't take this tour and this would be a bonus for Carly as well as herself. “I have no problem but she needs to have Johnny's approval/”

 

“Done,” Chris said as he saw Carly jump up and down and smile. “Welcome to being a part of the tour Carly Evans.”

 

“Thank you Uncle Chris.” She said and gave him a hug.

 

Kara smiled as she saw his face with the name Carly gave him. She then mouthed the words “Thank You”

Chris smiled as he hugged her back. It was nice to make someones wishes and dreams come true.

 

Kara then saw the picture that Carly had taken of JC and her from a few weeks back and saw that she wrote on the back of it,

 

“The day they fell...My mom and her boyfriend JC”

 

Kara looked as the door opened and she saw JC and the other guys walk into the break room. JC looked over to her and gave her a wink with a half smile as he went back to his conversation with Joey and Justin. Kara looked at the picture again and smiled.

 

Huh...Maybe this kid knows something I don't know.

 

Only time will tell.

End Notes:

sorry it's a short chapter.....i am gettig a block again...although seven will bring some good things to the story.

Chapter 8: Chapter 7 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

 

 

Authors note.....

 

I know...Its been to dam long since I have gotten something up...i have finally gotten some juices flowing up in my brain and here you go....for the ones that needed some JC loving...i got something to tide you all over....this is from a very long time ago ...a story I wrote way way WAY back. So don't kill it to much

 

 

 

Kara woke to the buzz of her alarm. Groaning she saw that Carly was up and at it already. How her the soon to be seventeen year old had this energy was beyond her...but she wasn't about to complain.

 

“Good morning, sunshine,” Carly said as she zipped her bag and went to her bed to get her shoes on.

 

“Ugh don't remind me what time is it?” Kara asked as she laid there looking at Carly who was getting herself ready. She then asked, “And why the hell are you so happy?”

 

“Well first question, it's 7am...our flight is at noon, and well I am up early cus I am excited to go to our next stop. Vegas, baby!” Carly said smiling.

 

“Ugh, you are too chipper.” Kara said as she got herself out of the bed. She went to her printed Itenerary and saw that they guys should be up having breakfast she turned to Carly, “I am gonna go take my shower, if you want go downstairs and meet the guys for breakfast.. I will meet you there in a little bit.” Kara said as she closed.

 

Carly took her phone, a key to the room and went out. As she was walking to Bre's room she saw the door open and JC bend down to grab the paper.” she smiled and said, “Wow and I thought Kara was bad in the morning, how are you JC?”

 

JC heard the sound of Carly's chipper voice, and said, “Morning, or wait, why ARE you up and Chipper.” JC said as he looked at her

 

“Ugh Kara just asked the same thing. I am excited to be getting our asses to Vegas, what's wrong with that.”

 

“Nothing at all. Hey you going downstairs?”

 

“Yes, Bre just texted me that she's there with Kelly and Joey, Lance is about to go down, Justin and Chris is going with me...Kara should be down there in the next half hour or so with you since she's just about to get in the shower. Now if you'll excuse me I am hungry and I want some food before I turn into a female version of Justin.” Carly said as she walked out the door of the master suite penthouse that they all shared.

 

JC stood at the doorway of kara' part of the suite realizing that he and her were alone..it had been over a month since they were alone, he didn't expect the next part.

 

“CARLY..I NEED MY SHAMPOO I FORGOT IT CAN YOU GRAB IT FOR ME?”

JC knew it was wrong to do this but, he felt like throwing a little caution to the wind. He took the shampoo to the bathroom and walked to the bathroom.

 

 

Kara was under the hot water waiting for Carly to bring her the shampoo, she heard the door open and said, “Thank you!” what she didn't expect to hear was JC's voice,

 

“Your welcome sweetie.” He said as he stood there.

 

JC felt as if time slowed down. True that Kara and him had done, “intamate stuff but he had never seen her fully naked yet. Yeah yeah, he got teased by the guys that he's been with her for a full month and not had sex but it was because he wanted it to be something romantic, something magical for him and her.

 

“JC, what the hell?” Kara said as she pulled the curtain back far enough to let her head out. Her jaw dropped as she saw him in his sleep bottoms and no shirt. She was smiling a little as she then said the next thing that she thought she would kill herself for saying, “Care to join me?”

 

JC smiled back and told her, “go back under there, and close your eyes.” he took his pants off and a deep breath as he walked into the shower with Kara.

 

 

Kara kept her eyes closed and put herself under the spary of wate as she heard the curtian open and close. She panicked for a moment, “Where is everyone?”

 

JC smiled as he sensed her hesitation, “Relax baby, they all went down to breakfast. We are alone.” he kissed her shoulder her soft skin slick from the water cascading down her body. He laughed a little to himself,

 

“What's so funny J?” Kara asked as she turned her head and looked to his eyes.

 

“I know we have been somewhat intimate, but I have never seen you naked.” JC said as he looked her dead in the eyes.

 

Kara looked him in the eyes and turned herself around with her arms still wrapped around her chest. She smiled as she slowly dropped her hands and revealed her body to him. Naked for only his eyes to see.

 

JC looked at her as if she was a piece of artwork. Perfection in his eyes. She wasn't skinny at all, and she wasn't fat. He liked that. His eyes went from her perfectly painted toes to her legs, ones that were toned from her starting her workout on. He then looked to her thighs and how they were showing signs of toned muscles. He then went past her “area” and went to her stomach. It showed signs of toned muscles. He then went to her breasts. As he looked at them his hands couldn't keep to themselves and he reached out one hand and gave the lightest touch to one of the nipples seeing it spring to life as he touched it. He then went and closed the gap and said, “Perfection,” began to kiss her.

 

Kara was in a world of her own. She never had anyone tell her that she was perfection. She never thought of herslef like that at all. She wasn't one to use her eyes and as JC started to kiss her she took this time to take the washcloth and lather it up. While still kissing she took her time and let her hands begin to wash JC's back. She liked how his back muscled were rippling under her touch as she kept washing his back. Then she pulled back and looked into his eyes. She looked up to him and saw what he was saying. Without words, without anything needing to be spoken she knew what he was feeling.

 

JC took the rag that Kara was using and started to wash her body he went from her neck to her upper chest then took his already soapy hands and let them begin to massage and wash her breasts. His hands on her were feeling like heaven. He then pulled her back under the water. After the water washed away the soap he took his tongue and flicked the already erect nipple. He looked up to her and saw her eyes on him as he then closed his mouth on the nipple and sucked on the nipple. As he did this he let his other hand go to further south...deeper. He then stood up and whispered into her ear, “Open up for me baby.”

 

Kara in the haze of pleasure she was in opened her legs and looked at him in shock, not knowing what he was going to do. She then let her features relax, as she felt his fingers begin to slowly rub clit. She then felt one then two fingers enter her center. Not wanting to leave him in his state, she went to his already erection and started giving him slow long strokes.

 

JC thought he'd die as he felt her hands, work in ways he had never thought would be possible. True he had his share of “hand jobs” but this was more to him. What he didn't expect was to have her pull away from him and go to her knees as she looked up to him and then took the tip of his cock and lick it. In an instant she began to suck on him.

 

“Dam, Kara, don't...ugh” was all JC could get out as he watched her go to work on him. He saw her pull back.

 

“C, don't argue, enjoy it.” Kara said then went right back to her mission. To please him.

 

JC didn't argue as he felt her suck him. If he thought the hand was amazing then her sucking on his cock and the way she was doing it was earth shattering, he felt himself twitch as he knew he was about to come. He started to grunt and looked down at Kara who was looking right up at him

 

Kara began to moan as she felt him twitch and was giving signs of that he was bout to burst. She closed her eyes as she began to pick up her pace and get him to go deeper. That was all it took she let him hit the back of her throat as she felt him hold her head as he came. She sucked everything he was giving her and she didn't argue. If there was one thing she did enjoy, it was knowing she gave him a release and pleasure like that.

 

 

JC stood under the water for a few miutes, spent and totally satisfied. He looked to Kara, who was standing there, He pulled her to him and kissed her lips. She smiled up at him.

 

 

They finished their shower and got out of the bathroom. After he went to his room and got dressed he went back to Kara's room and saw her in the bathroom mirror and watcher her put the finishing touches on her makeup and close her bag.

 

Kara looked to him and gave him a smile and wink then said, “I take it that you enjoyed our shower.”

 

“More then you may know.” JC said as he looked at her from the mirror. He stopped her as he then turned her around and said, “I know this might sound wrong now but,” JC took a deep breath and said the three words he wanted to say, “I love you Kara.”

 

Kara smiled as she looked at him and said, “I love you too.” She kissed him softly and then said, “Oh and Josh?”

 

“Yeah baby.”

 

“Tonight, Carly is sleeping in a extra room with Bre. You and I are sharing a bed and room.” Kara said as she turned around. “I want to finish what we did just now, but later tonight.”

 

JC cuped her face and said, “Your every fantasy, wish, dream whatever, will come true my love.” he then sealed it with a kiss.

 

Kara smiled and thought to herself.

It already has.

 

End Notes:

End notes: reviews...sorry if it was short I needed to test the waters first with this...but wait for the next chapter...if this was good for you....it will only get better.

 

Extra note: I worte that secne like years ago so if it sucked, forgive me. It will get better.

REVIEW PLEASE I LOVE FEEDBACK

Chapter 9 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
 

Chapter 8

i know it has been a very long time since i posted...i have been swamped with work and just couldn't get this chapter up and finished...until now...i promise i will be back before you know it with the next...to the people out there that are reading thank you....and here you go

 

 

 

 

“I love you Kara.”

 

Those four words kept playing on and on since she left the hotel with JC. He loved her. She loved him too and it was a new and exciting feeling to her. She thought she was never going to fall in love again. Since, Nathan, her ex, she thought she was bound to be raising a child on her own, alone, to never have someone to talk to and share her dreams with, not to share her fears with, not to be intimate with.

 

True she had gone on a few dates but they never made it past the two week mark. She didn't find any of the guys she had met made her feel like she was worthy of anything. She felt either shy or too talkative. She never could figure some of the guys out. After a year of trying to move on she was about to give up. Then JC started to talk to her more.

 

And here she sat today watching him from her seat in the airport near the gate. He looked over to her and gave her a wink and smile as she smiled back. Kelly noticed this sitting next to Kara and needed to know what was going on.

 

“Okay I have been really patient with the two of you trying not to get up in your business but I know something had to have happened this morning. Talk” she said getting closer to Kara.

 

Kara smiled to her and started spilled out how he walked in to her room, how she thought Carly was there and it wasn't her it was him...the shower...the whole nine yards. Then she told Kelly, “We told each other that we love each other.” Kara said as she looked to her friend smiling a megawatt smile

 

“It's about dam time sweetie, I am so happy for you.” Kelly said as she hugged her. She really meant it. Kelly never said something just for someone to hear the good. If she didn't like a situation she would let it be known. She was a true friend in Kara's eyes. Hell she was family in her eyes.

 

“I am happy too. Just...well..” Kara stopped and looked a Kelly who was listening to her every word. She took a deep breath and said, “Well tonight when we get to Vegas, I...want to be with him...better than this morning.”

 

Kelly chuckled as she said, “Well from what it sounds like you did pretty dam good this morning. I wouldn't worry about that. If you do, you will not enjoy yourself.”

 

“That is what I am worried about. Kel, it has been almost a year and a half since I had sex.” Kara admitted to her, turning a deep red and went on, “I forgot how to be, dress, and look all....well seductive.”

 

Kelly smiled. She then had a great idea, “What time do we land in Vegas?”

 

Kara grabbed a printed copy of the groups itinerary before she said, “we arrive in Vegas at 3, west coast time. The guys are going to the hotel fast then they have a radio interview and another magazine interview that will bring them back to the hotel at 10 tonight.”

 

Kelly smiled, “we don't have to go...right?”

 

“No, but I know Carly is going to get some shots done of the guys, as well as going with them to get pictures of the strip @ sunset today.” Kara said as she then asked suddenly intrigued, “What do you have in mind?”

 

Kelly smiled as she said, “I say we get all dolled up for our men tonight”

 

Kara heard her announcement as she got her things for the flight and said, “Deal.”

 

Kara was the first one allowed on the plane with a few of the other passengers, she made this request to be able to check if everything was set for the flight. The guys knew their seat arrangements. She smiled as she saw Carly and Breanne sit and look to Kara in first class.

 

“Kara this is so dam cool. I have never flew first class...this is the best way to fly to Vegas.” Carly said.

 

“Vegas is going to be a trip full of surprises then sweetie.” Kara said catching a look from the girls.

 

“What is it? Do my Parents know? Is it really good? Oh please, oh please oh please tell me Kara.” Breanne begged going a mile a minute.

 

“To answer your questions Bre, Not telling, yes, hell yeah, and no no no, im not telling you will find out soon enough.”

 

Joey smiled hearing Kara fire off answers to the questions that were asked. “Girls don't make me or your Mothers, ruin this for you.” he said as he pushed me and said, “Let them fester in their minds what we have planned for them...it's so much more fun.”

 

Kara laughed as she went to her seat and put her carry on up in the overhead compartment. As she was adjusting the piece of luggage, she felt a pair of familiar strong arms go up along her side and lips going to her hear as the man whispered, in a very sexy bone melting type of way to her, “Let me get that you just sit down.” JC smiled as Kara looked back and let him take over.

 

Kara smiled as she strapped herself in. A few moments later JC was in his seat, strapped in and looking at Kara. He smiled to her and wiggled his finger to her and met her half way giving her a soft sweet kiss.

 

“Hi there.” JC said letting his finger trace the outline of her face.

 

Kara smiled as she said back, “Hi.” She sighed to herself and smiled a goofy happy smile. She thought to herself and only herself. “oh yeah tonight it's on”

 

 

 

((((((((((((((((((((((((( later that night )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

 

Almost back baby, can't wait to see you....love you!

 

Kara took a deep breath as she read the text from JC. She got her self up from her spot on the couch and went to the room that her and JC would be sharing. She went to the bathroom and dug out one of the many bags she had gotten while shopping.

 

Kara had a early dinner with the Kelly and was reassured that the girls would be safe by the bodyguards. Knowing Mike and Lonnie and how they thought of the girls as their own daughters, they were protected. Not just by them but by the other members of the band as well as the crew.

 

Kara went into the bathroom and got dressed. She had to take a second look in the mirror. She hadn't seen herself look like this in a very long time. She was in a simple black satin robe. What was underneath was another story. She opened it to reveal the black lace bra, with the matching boy short style panties. Her hair was up in a simple clip with pieces falling around her face. She would have smiled if she didn't hear JC walk in and see what she had seen.

 

 

JC's jaw dropped as he stood there. He saw Kara stand there with the robe open looking at herself he saw how she smiled to him as she was looking at herself. It wasn't a smile he had seen in her except for earlier that moring in the shower when they...well if ya know. He walked over to her.

 

In an instant she felt a little shy. But as soon as she felt his hand touch her shoulder, she looked up, her shyness went away. She smiled to him and said, “Hey.”

 

“Hello, to you.” JC said as he looked her up and down.

 

Kara looked down and then to him, “Is there something wrong with this?”

 

JC did the only thing he knew to do at that moment, he placed his hand to her face and brought his lips to hers and gave her a slow deep kiss. A kiss that told her all she needed to know and all she wanted to feel.

 

Kara melted right into his arms as she pulled herself to him. She felt his hands on the outside of the robe and how he was touching her through the fabric. She felt the fire in just his touch alone. It made her want. She wanted more. She smiled and then pulled away as he stepped back. She pushed him to the bed. She stepped between his legs and took the clip that was in her hair and removed it letting her hair fall around her shoulders. She shook her head slightly. She looked down to him and smiled.

 

“Like what you see so far, Mr. Chasez?” she asked as she started to feel his hands move up and down her thighs.

 

JC took one of Kara's hands and placed it on his crotch and said to her, no growled with such a sexual want and need into her ear that she almost came right then and there. “You tell me Ms. Evans.”

 

Kara was lucky at that moment, for JC being on the bed, because at that very moment she heard him say that and then suck the spot behind her ear she had lost all strength in her legs as she fell forward and on top of him on the bed. She started to kiss him. First softly then as his tongue started to play with hers in a mating dance, she moaned as she felt his hands start to pull the robe off her shoulders. She sat up straddling him and took the robe off and let it go to the floor.

 

JC took the moment to look at Kara. The beauty of how she looked at that moment. True there would be other times that he would see her looking like this but for being their first night together he wanted to remember this so that he can enjoy it at the times they were not alone. Or when he couldn't get a room with her.

 

He flipped them over so that he was now on top of her looking down at her. The way her hair fell on the bed. The way lace bra and panties looked he just took it all in. he smiled to her as he took his shirt off and then felt a pair of hands go to his pants. He placed a hand on hers and said, “You sure?”

 

Kara sat up and looked right into his blue eyes, she kissed him ever so softly and said, “I have been sure for a long time Josh, I want you. I love you and only you.”

 

“I love you too, Kara....” he said as he kicked his pants off, leaving only his boxers on and started to climb on top of her on the bed. Half way he stopped and went behind her and unhooked her bra. He slowly laid her down as he took it off of her. She smiled up as she saw him look at her breasts.

 

JC's hands went slow. In a slow sweet torture. He caressed Kara's body. He smiled as he felt her breath get shallow and short. He looked at her as he came close to her and before he kissed her he said, “stunning.” he then kissed her lips. Slow sexy soft kiss that grew, then as it got to the point of getting hot and heavy he drew away and went to Kara's neck, and gave that the same slow torture. As he felt her breath get shallow there he went to kissing his way down.

 

Kara was in a totally different world. A world she never knew exsisted. She felt JC slowly suck and nip at her breasts and her nipples. His hands on her felt nothing like she used to feel with Nate. He caressed slowly. She pulled his head up to hers and looked into his eyes. She kissed his lips as he kept going on with his assault on her. She gasped when she felt his fingers begin to play with her center. It was as if she was being touched for the first time. Well she was being touched for the first time...the first time in over two years. She began to moan as she felt his mouth go to a place only one other man went to...once in a blue moon.

 

JC looked at Kara as he continued to lick at her clit. He smiled as he felt her start to loose control. Truth be told he wanted to do this earlier that day to Kara but she cut him to the pass and he now got to. He smiled up at her as he let his fingers go into her center as he sucked on her center. He felt her start to grip on to his fingers and took this as a sign she was getting close.

 

“Josh, please I can't” Kara moaned as she felt her self beginning to slip into a world of pure pleasure.

 

JC hummed as he kept on going. He saw her arch her back and took this as her sign of coming he moved his fingers and took over, letting his tongue finish what his fingers were doing. He licked every last drop of her. He then began to kiss his way up to her. When he got to her lips he looked into her eyes.

 

“Tell me what you want Kara?” JC asked as he stopped right at the entrance. The feeling of her still wet center grazing at his already aching manhood. He wanted to make sure before he went in that she wanted this, “Kara I love you but if you don't want to, I will stop.”

 

Kara smiled as she took the heels of her feet and helped him glide right into her. She sighed as she felt him fill her up in the way she could have only dreamed of. She kissed his lips as he entered her and then pulled away as he stayed there for a moment.

 

“Does that answer your question, Josh.” She said as she smiled up at him. She looked into his eyes and nothing needed to be said as she felt him begin to start a slow and sensual rhythm.

 

JC looked down into her eyes as he moved in and out of her. He kissed her lips as he then went to her ear and asked, “How does if feel for you.”

 

“Mmmm...Warm, as if you were meant for me Josh, I love you so....mmmm” Kara said as she began to buck her hips up to him as if it was a signal for him.

 

“Oh god Kara, you feel so amazing,” JC said as he started to pick up the pace and the slow rhythm he started was now becoming a fast and hard motion on both of their parts. Each getting to a point that they both wanted and craved for.

 

Kara felt something she never if at all ever felt start taking her over. She started to moan louder as she looked into JC''s eyes. She showed a mixture of pleasure but at the same time a small amount of fear went along.

 

JC knowing of her past with her husband smiled down as he felt another orgasm starting inside of her and he started thrusting into her faster and harder. He slowed only for a moment and said, “let it go baby, I am right behind you. And I am not going anywhere.”

 

Kara let it all go as she felt her orgasm take over from that point. Wave after continuous wave of sheer pleasure, took her to the edge of something she could only imagine. She then felt him stiffen in her and saw that while she was having her own orgasm, JC too was having his. Only difference this time.

 

He came inside of her, with her. Not like what she was used to. That made her orgasm go to a level she never knew.

 

Kara laid there with a sweaty JC inside and on top of her for a few minutes. She then felt him get up and move to the side of her as she looked to him and felt a tear fall. She wasn't afraid to say what was coming out of her mouth. “thank you.”

 

JC looked at her, “What for sexy?”

 

Kara smiled and kissed him softly as she then pulled away, “For showing me, no wait letting me feel what real love can be between two people.”

 

JC smiled as he pulled her to his chest and held on to her. He smiled as he said, “I hope I can keep up to that task.”

 

Kara lifted her head as she said, “You already have and I know you will, I trust you with all my being and let me tell you, what you did, he could never compare. Not in a MILLION tries.”

 

JC laughed as he said, “I promise to never fail you, in anything.”

 

AND HE MEANT ANYTHING.

 

That he was sure of as he held on to Kara as they fell asleep. Naked and in each others comforting arms.

End Notes:

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...NOW THAT THEY HAVE FINALLY CROSEED THE PATH OF FRIENDS TO LOVERS...MORE STEAMIER STUFF TO COME...THANKS FOR KEEPING UP WITH THIS. 

Chapter 10 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
it's the next day...and kelly and carly see something in Kara that had been missing for a long long time and Kara starts to feel as if she can truly let go and do something she was not able to do for a long time....she's allowing herself feel.

Kara, rolled over and felt pain and sore muscles in her body. But it was a good kind...the kind she had not had in a very VERY long time. She felt the coolness of the sheets and sat up right away. She then saw a red rose with a note underneath it. She smiled as she smelled the flower and then read the note:

 

Good morning love,

 

I didn't leave you for that long so don't worry, I went to get food for us to enjoy. Relax, watch TV and don't get dressed...i should be back as soon as you are done reading this note.

 

Love always,

 

JC

 

 

True to his letter as she put it down she heard the door open and saw JC walk to the bed wearing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. He came to her with a cup of coffee and sat on her side of the bed. She gave her best smile.

 

“Good morning sweetie, Coffee?” JC said as he handed her a cup of coffee he went to get for her. He saw her take a sip and hand it back to her. He took her face into her hands and kissed her ever so softly. Loving the way her lips felt on his.

 

“Wow, a girl could get used to waking up like this.” Kara said as she smiled up at him. She then had to ask, “So um....last night...did you..i mean how are you this morning?” she was tripping up on her words and feeling the redness in her cheeks begin to form.

 

JC smiled at her embarrassment and smiled. He loved how she was not used to this and it made her look even sexier than the night before when he was greeted to her in the black lace she had on. He kissed her again and this time he took his time as he moved the cup of coffee from her hands and placed it on the nightstand. He then kicked his shoes, sweats, shirt...everything but his boxers off and climbed back into bed with her. He smiled as he felt her body mold right into his as he rested himself against the head board and looked down at her. “I feel like I hit gold last night. And you my dear were amazing.” He said as he kissed the top of her head.

 

Kara looked up to him. She had been called wonderful or okay by her husband, but being called amazing was a first for her. She had never been amazing. “Amazing? Me?”

 

JC smiled down at her and said, “Yes, you were amazing.” He looked down to her and realized something. “Wait, after the marriage you had you were never told how good you are in bed? Or how sexy you look while being made love to?”

 

Kara just looked away as he asked these questions. She then started, “Josh the last time I made love to my husband was a month before he was killed, and it lasted all of 20 minutes.” Kara said sitting up and looking at him.

 

“Wow,” JC said as he looked at her he then asked, “How long has that been?”

Kara blushed a deep pink as she said, “Until last night, it was almost two years,” she saw the shock on his face and contiued, “But last night made up for the two lost years,” she smiled and straddled his hips as she then said, “and the year of lust lacked sex I had with him.” She then kissed him with passion.

 

JC smiled inside as he felt himself get hard right under her naked body. He was already halfway there when he woke up this morning, but now having Kara naked and ready he was in pure bliss. He tore his lips away as he looked up at her as she started to roll her hips on his already aching erection.

 

Kara looked down to him. She smiled as she worked her hands under the two of them and began to stroke him through his boxers. She smiled as she then went between his legs and smile up as she removed his boxers, causing his erection to spring out of it's confines and to life right in front of her. She smiled up to him as she then took him slowly and fully into her mouth.

 

JC just sat there and watched as Kara licked and sucked on him. Never before had he felt something as good as her mouth. Wait, that was a lie the one thing he liked more than that he liked being inside of her. He tilted his head back and moaned, “Mmmmm” he looked down just at the time that Kara looked up at her and smiled as she kept going to work on him.

 

JC caught her looking at him while she was sucking on him. He picked her up and let her straddle his hips. He slowly played with her clit finding her wet and ready. He smiled up to her, “Ready for me sweetie?”

 

Kara smiled as she eased herself down allowing him to enter her inch by sensual inch. Filling her up as nobody, ever had or could. She smiled and sighed as she began to go at a slow steady rhythm allowing her to enjoy the feeling of sliding up and down on him. She felt his hands caress her body.

 

“You look and feel so hot baby.” JC said as he sat up to kiss her. His toungue playing with hers. He took his time as he contiued to talk to her, “I love how your skin feels against mine.” he said as he then sat back and began to pick up the pace.

 

Kara moaned, she arched her back and started to cup her breasts she then felt a pair of hands on hers, moving them away. She smiled as she sat up and began to pick up the pace feeling her ending about to come.

 

JC pulled her to him and said such a sexy tone that it could have made Kara come, “look at me when you come baby. I wanna watch you.”

 

Kara focued on his eyes as she started to ride her wave of bliss. As she came she looked into his eyes and let the stare he was giving her do all the talking. She moaned and let it all go as she felt him stiffen and come with her. Their eyes never leaving one another.

 

Kara fell forward and said, “Oh god, I think I have died.”

 

JC laughed as he kissed her forehead, “I hear you sweetie,” he said as he then felt her slip off of him and move to the side of him.

 

Kara smiled up at him as he kisssed her head. She then said, “Do you know how much I love you?”

 

JC smiled down at her and said, “Sort of but you can tell me if you want to.”

 

“Well JC, I....love....you....very....very....much” Kara said ending the last few words with kisses on his lips. As she ended the last one she heard her phone go off. She looked and saw that it was Carly.

 

“Hello sweetie, how are you?” Kara said sitting on the edge of the bed.

 

“Well I am good, I was just wondering if you and JC are gonna grab breakfast...you two are ussually the first ones down here...i didn't see you emerge from your room and I was making sure you two came up for some air.” Carly said smiling through the phone.

 

“Yes, I...well we just need to shower and clean up...give us about 20 minutes. See you soon love.” Kara said as she hung up the phone. She looked to JC. “Well they know.” She sighed as she got up.

 

“I swear I didn't tell a soul.” JC said as he looked at her.

 

Kara laughed as she looked at his neck. “I think it was my fault being that you have a hickey right here on your neck” Kara said rubbing the mark on his neck.

 

JC went to the bathroom mirror and smile as he saw the mark. “I am shocked Justin didn't drill me this morning.” He saw Kara look on her neck and she noticed nothing then she opened her robe and saw a mark on her stomach.. “Well I can cover that up no problem.” She said laughing.

 

 

 

True to her word, Kara got downstairs to the room that they held for the group and crew for breakfast, 30 minutes later, right on the mark. Kara laughed as she saw Carly, Breanna, Justin and Lance all sitting there looking as if they didn't ge a wink of sleep. “Rough night boys and girls?”

 

“Ugh well since Bre and I can't go down to the casino, Justin and Lance thought it'd be fun to get the guards in our room and play a little poker.” Carly said smiling a little, “I won 50 bucks!”

 

“You played cards against Justin?!” Kara said as she saw JC bring her another cup of coffee with some food to eat.

 

Justin picked his head up and said, “Yeah I taught the two of them and they both robbed me and lance out 50 a piece.” He then turned to Carly, “She's good, I never saw a girl pick up games that fast before.”

 

“Well that's because Carly and I both learned from My parents and Kara. And if you want to really get your ass whipped,” Breanna said looking at Her parents then Kara, “Play those three...JC I'm not sure bout yet but yeah that's who we learned from.”

 

Kelly looked at JC's neck as it got quiet again and noticed something. She saw Kara look at her looking at him then her face went red. Kelly's eyes went wide as she move her seat to her side.

 

Kara saw Kelly sit next to her as she started to tense, she then asked, “Is it that noticeable?”

 

Kelly laughed at how Kara was worried, she then said, “Don't worry they can cover it up with make-up.” Kelly smiled at Kara and asked, “So I take it last night went very well?”

Kara just looked at Kelly and smiled, “Oh good lord Kel, I never knew it could be like that.”

 

Kelly looked at Kara shocked, “Really?”

 

“Well you have to know at first with Nate it was great, then it just was more like routine, then the routine went to nonexistent. It killed me inside. I didn't sleep with anyone for a very long time...well that's until last night.” Kara said then said, “and this morning, hence why we were late this morning.”

 

Kelly laughed then slowed down to say, “Hey no worries, Joey and I were late for breakfast too...being that the girls had their own room.”

 

Kara slowed down as she got quiet, “Tell me it's okay to be this happy, I mean I have never felt like this the morning after making love to Nate. Now one night of JC and I feel punch drunk in love. Is it wrong to feel like this?”

 

Kelly looked to Kara and had to admit to herself , she had never been in the positions that Kara had been in ever. She had always been with Joey and nobody else. She had met him and he was her soul mate. She did agree the feeling of punch drunk love because Kelly got like that with Joey too. It was an amazing feeling and she felt blessed that she found that in her husband and even more in their daughter.

Kelly sat forward and began to speak, “I can't compare to you at all but I can say that, yes you deserve to be happy in love. Nate might at one point stopped trying. He just gave up and went to another woman to get happy...not realizing what he had in front of him.” Kelly picked her head up and looked at JC who smiled as he looked at Kara and then back to the boys. She then went on, “I look at how JC looks at you and how you two take care of everyone as well as each other and how you look happy together and I can say that you both deserve to be happy.”

 

Kara looked to Kelly and smiled, “Thank you”

 

“For what?”

 

“For being a great friend, for getting me up off my ass making me take back my old self again.” Kara said then smiled again, “I kind of like this me...i forgot what it was like to be like this.”

 

“Well I remember this you and then the other you. Trust me I LOVE THIS YOU!” Kelly said laughing.

 

Carly smiled as she hugged Kara, “so now that I know that you an JC did it. I want to let you know something.”

 

Kara looked to Carly as she sat next to her, “Okay what is it?”

 

Carly looked into Kara's eyes and saw something she had lost in a while. It was there again and she was happy to see it she then said, “I am happy for you and JC. You two both have this smile on your face and something that my dad forgot to do to you.” Carly saw the look on Kara's face then kept going, “Not THAT although the glow in your eyes and face is more than I have seen from some of my friends that do it in school...whatever. I want you to know that I love you and JC and that I give you my full blessing to keep going with this relationship and that's....that's it.”

 

Kara went to Carly and hugged her, “You amaze me everyday baby girl. Your parents should be proud to know that they have a wonderful kid.”

 

“Well the one who has raised me since she I was 6 should know that she has done and will contingue to do a kick ass job. Hey I have another Idea, Bre, and the guys all want to play poker tonight in one of the rooms. Can we...i mean after you all do your shows and casino fun tonight? Please Kara?”

 

Kara laughed at Carly's persistence. “You have work tonight too young lady...you have pics to take.”

 

“Pfsh, cake...plus there is a reason to this game tonight,” Carly pulled the application and letter out of her bag an placed it in front of Kara, “Teen people want me to do the photos for Nsync for their next cover issue as well as random ones of them, doing stuff in vegas, LA, and New York. The are putting this in the September issue. I just got the letter today. Johnny got a call last night and while you were upstairs he talked to me first. He was beyond excited for me.”

 

Kara smiled as she read the letter. “I am so proud of you Carly, this is HUGE!”

 

“So you are okay with this?” Carly asked

 

“I am more than okay, and hey get up...we are going out to celebrate.” Kara got up.

 

“Where are we going? I gotta be back for their meet n greet at 5” Carly said.

 

“We are going to the mall here, it's amazing and also, we have a party to go to tomorrow night before we leave on Thursday, you and bre are coming and it's black tie. We all need dresses for it. But Bre's going with her mom an you are going with me.

 

Carly smiled as she hugged Kara. Never in a million years did Carly think Kara would start to care for herself, and here she was getting to be the Kara she met when she was a meer 6 years old.

 

She just hoped that this Kara stayed and the old miserable one would be gone.

Only time will tell.

End Notes:

getting the next chapter underway...thanks for reading and Keeping up with this story...enjoy and review :)

Chapter 11 (really Chapter 10) by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

this is the filler for things to come...

alot is bout to happen and things get interesting for our friends here...read on good readers.....read on

 

Carly sat on the bus working on her portfolio for her big interview with Teen People. She enjoyed looking at the work she did with the guys while in Vegas. It was the best time she has had in a long time. Come to think of it she's never had more fun then she was right at this time. She was doing something she loved, and was with great people.

 

Carly laughed at the pictures of herself and Brianna, the group acting silly on the Vegas strip, the Vegas strip at sunset. But her favorite pictures were the ones she got while at the desert at sunrise the night that she was allowed to sleep in Brianna's room. True Kara found out the truth why her, Bre, Justin and Chris were exhausted but she didn't care. This was one set of pictures she wanted to have more than anything. The first few she had were of the guys sitting on the ground watching the sunrise. The next were of the sunrise itself. As it came up and the colors all blended together. At that time she truly felt happy. Happy to have the chances she was given and to enjoy her life. No matter how raw of a deal she and Kara got she was happy and blessed to have this time.

 

The next few pictures she put in a separate album. This was going to be given to Joey, Bre and Kelly later on down the road. She had started this at the beginning of the tour and was happy to get journalistic pictures of the family. She liked how they all got along and even if she did feel a little jealous of Bre for that she would never let it be seen. All in all she was happy and lucky to have a friend like Bre.

 

 

JC saw Carly sitting at the back table putting the pictures together. He saw how she was making the book and smiled.

 

Carly felt someone staring at her and picked her head up as she saw JC. “Sup, poppa bear?” she started calling him that noticing how he was the one that cared to make sure, (other than Kara) that everyone was where they needed to be and was there on time...if not on time...then early. She liked how she was learning that form both Kara and JC.

 

“Not much Evans,” JC said as he sat across from her. He saw the pictures in her portfolio and looked to her. “May I?”

 

Carly smiled to him as she finished updating one album and put it down, “Please do so, I need some insight on it...i feel as if it's all wrong or something.”

 

JC sat and carefully looked at all the pictures that Carly had taken from the first day to now...close to two months later. All the cities they were at. Carly had most of the bases covered in her pictures. He scanned each picture and took in the beauty that Carly was able to capture. “This is amazing Car, you have gotten every detail in these pictures...i love the lighting and everything reflects in this one...you see it?” JC showed her the picture she took while they were in New Orleans on Bourbon St. it was near a Creole restaurant at sunset. The building was one of the few that showed the old world of New Orleans and Carly caught the lighting at the right time.

 

Carly smiled as she looked at that picture. “Yeah, I love that one too...I also like this one I made of you guys during your show in Houston.” Carly flipped the pictures to show the photo collage of the guys at the show.

 

JC's eyes scanned the picture and how she got it all together, the center being of the five guys singing “bye bye bye” and how she put pictures of random fans around her, then a single shot of each guy around them.

 

Carly sighed as she saw the sign that they were two hours away from Los Angeles. She looked to JC as he caught her. She looked to him and said, “Yes to answer your question, I am nervous...no scratch that...I am scared shitless!”

 

“Carly, you have this in the bag. If they don't see this talent...then they are nuts. For a 16 going on 17 year old you have talent beyond your years.” JC said.

 

Carly smiled at his honesty and said, “Thanks JC, I guess I needed to hear that.”

 

“Hear what Missy?” Chris said as he walked into the room.

 

“Not much just getting nervous about this interview, but Papa Chase calmed me down.” Carly said.

 

Just as she finished putting away her pictures the rest of the crew came walking in. Carly smiled as she pulled out her camera and started snapping pictures again. It was a way to take away her nerves and calm herself down.

 

Kara smiled as she watched Carly take pictures of everyone. She knew she was nervous and didn't mean to but she did overhear JC talk to her about the interview. She liked that Carly could be comfortable with him in talking about her fears. It made her life easier being that she was dating him and all.

 

Kara smiled as she got in the room and sat down. They were having a fast team meeting for the next three weeks activities. “Alright guys, Johnny wants me to head up this meeting.” Kara looked around the room and smiled, “Okay we have the next four days here in LA. You have tomorrow to practice for the show, a photo shoot, and then the show, Wednesday, you have Ellen for the full hour, followed by the next night we are all going to the benefit for the Save the Music.” Kara said.

 

“Dam, not a days break in LA. That sucks.” Justin said.

 

“Not to worry Justin I got you a day off after the Benefit. You have the next day to relax, and I got Justin, Chris and Joey Tickets to the Lakers game, Lance JC and myself are going to the Dodgers game.” Kara said seeing the smile on everyone's face she smiled as she looked to them.

 

“Okay so we have LA, next on the agenda Ms. Evans??” Justin asked as he looked on.

 

“Okay so we leave the next day out of LAX and I am sorry guys I tried for a later flight but it didn't work out so well...and.” Kara was looking real sad when she looked to the guys.

 

“Tell me what time it is woman or I tickle the child to death.” Chris said as he started to poke and bother Carly who was laughing her ass off.

 

Kara very quietly said, “6am”

“What time??” Joey asked he laughed, “I thought you said 6 am”

 

“I did. I am real sorry bout this and if I can I am trying to pull for a noon flight but it's not working for all.” Kara said as she heard all the groans, she then said, “But we get to Chicago @ noon their time and I did make arrangements that day for you all to get in to the hotel right when we get there without having to wait for the check in time.”

 

“Were not mad, Kara, they are just giving you shit. Trust me we will live with it.” Chris said.

 

The other guys all said in unison. This made Kara relax as she went on. “Okay, we are in Chicago for a week, as you see the itinerary you have the day of the early flight off, then we have the National anthem at the Cubs/Mets game, in honor of Joey.”

 

“Ugh really dad the Mets??” Brianna said as she looked at her father.

 

“Yes Bre the Mets, you have a problem with that young lady?” He asked in challenge.

 

Kelly took the honors of this one, “She doesn't have a problem with them Joey, right sweetie?” Kelly asked.

 

Bre smiled as she said, “No...no...nothing at all, just its sad that dad likes a team that is in like next to last place in their division. I mean come on Dad, even the MARLINS! Are better then the METS!”

 

Joe sat in a huff and grumbled as everyone laughed at him.

 

“Like was saying...” Kara continued on with the meeting about Chicago . She then got to the part of the trip that everyone was waiting for.

 

“So Kara tell us what happens to us for two weeks in New York.” Lance asked.

 

“Well we will be taking the bus from Philly the night of the show to New York City where you Divas will be spending two weeks at a rented out penthouse apartment on Park Ave. Now be fore we leave for Chicago I need your wish lists of things you will want and need for the two weeks we are there so that I can make those wishes and needs of yours come true.” Kara said as she finished.

 

JC caught on as she didn't say something and cut in. “You said us 3 boys. Where are you staying?” JC asked.

 

Kara looked to the guys and started, “Well we made this two week break and Carly and I are going to be staying with my family in Jersey. I have a house that I just finished selling that we need to close up on and I will be busy for a the first two days there finishing up stuff and Carly is going to be visiting with her grandparents as well as my parents and family.” she saw the look on JC's face and could feel the sadness oozing out of him. “Not to worry thought I will only be gone for a total of two days and you are all invited to my family barbecue to meet everyone.” Kara finished.

 

 

“Yeah guys no offense but I'm staying in Jersey too with Kelly's family.” Joey said.

 

“Its cool with me guys...we'll catch up that time right?” Justin asked

“Hell yeah, you guys got tickets to the Yankees/Red Sox game..and if you want to do or see something else let me know.” Kara said as she finished the meeting and went to the front of the room.

 

 

Carly slowly went to JC and sat near him. She knew the REAL reason for Kara not inviting him to go with her for this stuff and had many arguments for it. She was still trying to work her magic and knew...deep in her heart...Kara was going to need JC by her side for the two days she was trying to be alone for.

 

“JC, you need to just show up with us those two days.” Carly said as she sat next to him.

 

“Kara doesn't want me there.” JC said, feeling lost and confused.

 

“Do you even know what she's doing.” Carly sat there dumbfounded that he had no clue what was going on. She saw him shake his head and she went on not without a sigh. “JC, Kara sold the house that my father and her had before...all the crap went down with them. She had it to herself for so long and never wanted to let it go. She decided at the start of the tour to sell the house. I told her that it was up to her being that we don't go up there anymore and well we live in Florida now, we only come to Jersey for the summer for two to three weeks and for Christmas. It was useless for her to keep the house and it was becoming to be too much.”

 

JC sat there shocked he never found out. All this time she didn't let him know. “Why didn't she tell me?”

 

“Let me ask you this, if you had a house with a woman that was fucking her ex that you promised you never would go back to and mean time she was screwing him more than yourself...and you had this house that held more sad memories than happy ones...would you want to keep it. I wouldn't..i mean Kara asked me if I wanted to move there after college and I told her it was cool and that I didn't care for the house anymore. All I remember is the house that wrecked Kara” Carly said with a slight tear falling down. She then looked to him. “She came back to life when she met you guys, even more now that she has you by her side. And if I were you Joshua, I would just show up at the address I will give you at that time the day it comes. Don't let her know and trust me she will be a little pissed to start but she'll be better off in the end with you by her side than being alone.

 

JC smiled to Carly as he looked to Kara sitting in the front of the buss with a far off look. He knew she was having a hard time letting go of this and she probably felt more alone then ever before.

 

“She won't be alone Carly...you have my word.” JC said as he hugged her. He then thought to himself

 

She shouldn't be alone at a time like that...whether or not she realizes it she needs to stop being strong and let me be there to catch her when she falls. And I will do just that.

End Notes:
Review i have started the next chapter so i will have it up soon....and thanks for reading this so far...i hope it hasn't been too bad
Chapter 12 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

this isn't my best again...i gotta start something interesting...at the end of this chapter i finaly got my groove...bear with it...i will get my groove back...but i didn't want to leave you hanging

 

 Kara looked in the fifth store that day and was starting to feel as if she was going to explode. She had been out all day alone trying to shop for the perfect dress for the benefit they had to go to the next night. She saw Kelly looking at a dress when she started to think...it was always a bad thing when Kara thought.

 

“Do you think Josh is mad at me about my decision at him not staying with me when we get to New York on friday?”

 

Kellly looked at her for a moment. She knew he wasn't mad just upset that Kara was trying to put a front up around everyone. He knew that this was going to be the hardest thing she was going to do and the fact that he asked for Kara's sister's number. She knew his plans and she was trying not to give a dam thing up.

 

“I don't think he's mad at you at all. He knows this had gotta be the hardest thing you are doing. He probably wants to be there and just doesn't know how to ask.” Kelly laughed as she then said, “Okay he is mad that you are leaving him with Justin, Lance and Chris for two weeks...or so he thinks...do any of them know your parents are letting them all stay at the family house?”

 

Kara laughed as she said, “Hell no...but its gonna be so awesome to have the whole family at the place. I am just so excited to see my sister with the boys.”

 

“How is Tracy and the Green Clan?” Kelly asked

 

Kara smiled as she said, “They are really good, Alex is starting Kindergarten in the fall if you can believe it?” Kara said as she then talked bout Evan, “And Evan is gonna be four next week, hence why you are all invited to the house.. you are still coming right?” Kara asked as she continued looking at dresses.

 

“Yeah like your mother would let me get out of missing a family outing.” Kelly said as she saw a dress for Kara. 'Oh woman, you need to try this on.”

 

“Let em see the dress,” Kara said as she walked by her. It was amazing, to a fault. The sales lady smiled at Kara as she said, “Would you like to try it on mam?” Kara was about to say yes but Kelly said it for her.

 

Kara looked at the dress in the mirror and smiled. She heard Kelly as she was outside she ignored her as she walked out. She saw her eyes pop open and then the smile come across her face. She looked to the lady and said, “I'll take it with those shoes in a 10 and a clutch”

 

Kara quickly got dressed and then smiled as she saw JC call, “Hey sweetie.” she said softly into the phone.

 

“Hey there baby...hows the dress shopping going on?” JC asked.

 

“Well after five stores I finally found one.” She said.

 

“What does it look like?” He knew her all to well that she wasn't going to budge at this one.

 

“Nope not telling you.” Kara said as she smiled. “Hey is Carly in the interview right now?”

 

“Yep her and Johnny just went in.” he said sitting in the lobby. He then got a thought, “Hey how far away are you from Clear House Publishing?” he asked

 

Kara sat there and said, “I am not sure...hang on,” Kara turned to the sales associate, “Mama how far is the Clear House Publishing Building?” Kara asked.

 

The lady smiled as she handed her the dress in a garment bag and said, “Why its down the block to the left.” she said

 

Kara laughed as she was walking she sighed into the phone, “Baby I dunno, she said it's very far away. Kara said as she looked in the window at the back of JC's head. She smiled as she crossed the street. She put her hands up to her lips as to tell Kelly to be quiet. Kelly was trying her hardest to keep it quiet.

 

“Dam...I know Calry would love to see you after the meeting, she said something about that when I came here with her and Johnny.” He said.

 

Kara laughed as she walked through the door and smiled as she sat near him and said, “I told Carly already that I would be her by the time she got out and as to try and play that guilt card on me with my girl....so not good for you baby.”

 

JC smiled as he looked at Kara. She looked okay to him. He knew she was going through hell being that they talked earlier and tried to let him know that she needs to do this on her own...to make sure she can let herself know she can live on her own. In argument he let her know she wouldn't have to be alone and on her own and that it's okay to let someone be there. She smiled and told him that she loved him and said to just give her a few days.

 

Ha ha ha few days, he already spoke to her sister Tracy. She told him that it was the best idea anyone had come up with in the past three years and that if he didn't do it she'd hate him more. The fact that he remembered meeting her won JC over to her side in an instant. He also had planned to meet her at her mom's house the day of. He could only imagine how hard it was gonna be on her and he was just gonna play along. He wasn't hurt like she might have thought but he was just concerned that she felt like she needed to be alone at times like this. This is when you needed someone near you no matter what.

 

“With that I am going back to the hotel.Kara, I will leave your dress in my room until you get back. What are your plans for tonight?” Kelly asked

 

“I am taking Carly and Kara out after the interview.” JC said.

 

“Cool beans, and Kara I can't wait for tomorrow night.” Kelly said as she walked away.

 

Kara sat there smiling as she felt JC”s arms to around her waist and kiss the top of her head. “So how long has she been up there.” Kara asked as she looked at a text she got from a crew member.

 

“She's was a lil nervous but by the time we got here she seemed good.” JC said as he sat there.

 

Kara sat there and wondered if now was the time to tell him that she might have second thoughts on him coming to Jersey to be with her. She didn't sleep well the night before and she knew he was upset with her choice. He kept telling her she wasn't alone and that he was there for her for anything she needed him for.

 

She was pulled out of her thoughts as she heard Carly and Johnny walk out of the elevator and she smiled at how Carly dressed for the interview. She smiled at how she made herself look like a professional but like a teen all at the same time. She wore a strapless knee length dress and then took one of Kara's black blazers and wore it over the dress. She complimented the dress with her ballerina flats and her hair was done by one of the hair girls on tour whom she had became close with over the past few weeks.

 

Carly smiled to them as she walked over and gave Kara a hug. “Hey Kara, sup C?” She said as the five of them walked out of the office.

 

“Oh no don't give me any of that sup shit?” Kara said as they walked, “I need to know how did it go today?”

 

“It went well, I mean the guy was really nice, loved my pictures, and he gave me compliments on how I could capture all the crap I did, and how I have a true eye for anything.” Carly then said, “and he offered me the next moth's cover for the guys since they are the lead story in the issue in September and it's all mine for the taking.”

 

Kara jumped up and down and grabbed Carly into a big hug. “I am so proud of you baby! You did it, and all on your own.” Kara said

 

“Well not all on my own, I have to thank Johnny and you guys for giving me the chance to take picutrues of you all and as they said upstairs I gotta finish this for their cover story on “Nside Nsync...behind the lives of the worlds greatest group.” Carly stated then continued, “If you ask me I think that Backstreet Boys are the best grou-” was all carly got out as JC covered her mouth.

 

“I would not say the truth unless you want to suffer the consequences” JC said as he felt her laugh then he pulled his hand back and looked at her in disgust, “y-you LICKED my hand....GROSS!”

 

“Pfsh, don't do that again and I won't do it Wipeout.” Carly said as we all walked into the hotel.

 

“What did you call me,” JC said seeing Carly bend down to take her shoes off.

 

Kara laughed as she saw Carly take off in a full on sprint dressed all professionally and JC hot on her heels.

 

Carly said as she took off, “i said I won't do that again.” she then went faster, “WIPEOUT!”

 

 

 

THE NEXT DAY.....BENEFIT FOR CHILDREN

 

Kara stood in the mirror and put the finishing touches to her dress. Tonight was her outing of some sorts. JC was going to introduce her to the world as her girlfriend. She was a little nervous as she was earlier that day when he told her he was going to announce it to the world tonight. He reassured her all would be well and that the world would love her in a moment...just the way he loved her.

 

“Kara you can't stay in there forever, I NEED YOUR PICTURE NOW...” Carly said as she opened the door and saw Kara in front of her.

 

Kara turned around and smiled at Carly, she looked like a young woman in a simple ivory white knee legnth dress. It accented her nicely tanned skin.

 

Carly on the other hand was speech less as she saw Kara walk past her and then she said...”STOP”

 

Kara stopped and turned halfway around and saw Carly took a picture of her back

 

Carly looked at Kara and said, “JC is gonna bust a nut tonight.'

 

“Carly...Language!” Kara said as she looked herself over in the mirror one last time. She felt good as she looked at the dress. 'Kelly has good taste.' she thought to herself as she spun around. She saw the non existent back and how her body looked and smiled. The color was that of elegance, a Midnight blue with a tint of shimmer in it if you went in the right light. Kara's hair was done in a simple ponytail and the long locks went down to the middle of her bare back. She smiled as she saw Carly's face as it was still open.

 

“Carly, fly's will catch a home if you don't close that trap.” Kara said as she walked by.

 

“Kara you look amazing, I mean...WOW!' Carly said as she saw Kara go to the mirror one more time and put her finishing touches to her outfit. She caught the light right and took a picture 'yeah that's for JC.' she thought.

 

“HEY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!” Chris yelled.

 

Carly smiled as she grabbed her camera bag, and walked out the door. She started taking pictures of Chris and Justin as they stood there. She then saw a face she hadn't seen in a while and froze. It was Justin's younger brother Johnathan. He was dressed in a tuxedo and dam her hormones....he looked GOOD.

 

Carly not being the one to loose her cool went to Johnathan and said, “Hey there, long time no see.”

 

Johnathan smiled to her the infamous Timberlake mega watt smile. “Wow Carly, you look...amazing tonight.” he said as he smiled back.

 

Justin and Chris laughed as they saw the two talk.

 

“Dude I swear your brother and her are the cutest thing I'd ever seen.” Chris said as he watched the two.

 

“Yeah it's pretty....WOW!” Justin said as he looked up and saw Kara walk out of her room and towards Kelly

“What's Justing frozen over Chris?” JC asked as he walked out .

 

“I dunno...hey Justin got...your....HOT DAM” Chris said as he looked at Kara who was walking down the hallway.

 

JC was speechless. Kara took on a whole new meaning to the word beautiful that night. He never saw Kara or any woman for that matter look as beautiful then she did at that moment.

 

Kara smiled as she went up to JC's mouth and kissed his cheek, “I am gonna tell you what I told Carly...a fly is gonna find a home if you keep his mouth open.”

 

“You look breathtaking sweetie,” JC said as he took her hand and led her to the elevator.

 

Kara smiled as she looked back to Kelly.” Thnaks Kelly...and man you look great too.” Kara

 

Breanna smiled as she saw Chris's cousin walk near her and smile, “Good to see you Bre.”

 

“Likewise Matt.” she said as he walked with her.

 

Carly smiled as she took pictures of everything going on around her. She then felt Johnathan tap her on the shouleder, “yes?”

 

Johnathan smiled as he said, “would you like some help? I could...hold the camera bag while you take pictures right now.”

 

Carly not used to a guy asking her if she wanted help shyly said, “S...sure i-id love that.”

 

Kara didn't miss this as she looked to JC who looked at her with a questioned look then to Justin as he shrugged his shoulders but then had a smile plastered on his face.

 

“See what happens then talk to her in the morning love.” JC said as he kissed her on the cheek as they went to the limo and to the party.

 

She would talk to her in the morning...right now Kara had another problem.

 

That problem was being introduced to JC's world.

 

Here goes nothing.

 

 

 

Kara smiled as best as she could as she walked hand in hand with JC on the red carpet.

 

“JC WHO'S THAT ON YOUR ARM?”

 

“IS SHE YOUR GIRLFIREND?”

 

“JUSTIN WHAT'S THE STORY WITH YOU AND BRITNEY?”

 

“JOEY PICTURE OF YOUR FAMILY AND YOU HERE!”

 

JC stopped at someone that he knew Kara had met and gotten along. He smiled as he pulled her close to him and smiled at the man.

 

“Hey man, what's up?” JC said smiling as the host smiled back and shook his hand. He then looked to the camera guy and started his interview.

 

“Hey look who I found, JC Chasez of the newly reunited *N Sync. Tell me how is touring going so far this summer man?”

 

“I gotta say I thought I didn't miss this man, but it's been an awesome ride so far. The cities we have been to have been awesome, the show is amazing, and it's just great to be out with good friends and family again.”

 

“Awesome and whom may I ask is this beautiful woman I see by your side tonight?”

 

Kara smiled as best as she could as she tried to get her nerves to calm down. All it took was JC to lace his fingers with hers and any nerves that were there at that moment were gone. She smiled as he gave her his genuine true smile. Not the one she had seen all this time for the paps while on tour as she used to see the cheese smile that he gave. It was the one she saw when he was on stage singing or the ones she has seen in all of Carly's pictures of him with the group and mostly ones when they were together.

 

“Well Ryan, this beautiful woman, is my Girlfriend, and well the groups assistant, Kara Evans.” JC said.

 

“Very Nice to meet you Kara, you do look amazing tonight may I ask whom it is you are wearing to this gala?” Ryan asked he eyed her.

 

Kara smiled as she remember, “I am wearing Vera Wang.” She said as she slowly turned and showed the back to her dtess

 

“Well I must say you look beautiful, now tell me the truth, how nervous are you to be out here.” Ryan asked.

 

Kara smiled as she said, “I am terrified to be out here, but with him at my side I feel good.”

 

“Well he's a good guy and you got a good man on your side.” Ryan said.

 

“No I got a great woman on my side Ryan, take care man.” JC said as he kissed her cheek and made her feel great

 

 

A FEW FEET BACK:::

 

Carly felt as if she was in a world of her own. She smiled as she snapped pictures of all the Celebrities. The guys with different interviewers, other super star celebrities and so on. She smiled as she felt Johnathan stand behind her as she took more pictures.

 

“You are having fun aren't you?” He asked

 

Carly stopped after her last picture and moved further up the carpet ahead of the group and stopped to take pictures of Bre with her mother and father, then the group again. She looked to him and said, “I am having a blast. This is what I love to do Johnathan.”

 

“I know, J keeps telling me about your work.” Johnathan said. He noticed another camera in her bag and took it out. He saw her looking at the group as they were interviewing with another person on the carpet. The way she was smiling and her profile made him smile. He took the camera and snapped a picture.

 

Carly blinked out of her trance and saw Johnathan pull the other camera from his face and said, “Did...did you just take a picture of me?”

 

“Yeah, I wanted to capture something worth a thousand words.” he said as he looked back on the preview screen and saw the picture he looked to Carly and said, “I know I got something worth more than that.” he put the camera back in her bag and leaned in and kissed her cheek.

 

Carly was in total shock as she stood there. She couldn't believe what had just happened as she then put her things away. She saw him look back at her a few feet ahead and give her a wink she was sure she had seen Justin give the girls when he was performing.

 

 

 

Magical.

 

That was what Kara was feeling throughout the entire night. She felt as if she was Cinderella and was at prince charmings side. True she had been feeling as if something was going to go wrong but she let it go. She had to remind herself that she was with an amazing man. He treated her better than anyone else she had met.

 

Kara was at the bar as she stood there she felt someone tap her on the shoulder. She turned around.

 

“Hello?” Kara said

 

“Hi, I am sorry I just wanted to meet the woman, that stole the most eligble bachelor's heart away.” the woman said

 

Kara was taken back a moment. She looked at the much skinnier woman, she was a knock out for sure. She had to be a size 2 or even a 0 at best. She was perfection in Kara's eyes. She instantly felt out of place and uncomfortable.

 

The other woman smiled towards Kara. A smile that Kara knew all too well. It was the same one she used to get from Nate's ex. Shifting uncomfortably she said, “I'm Kara and you are?”

 

“Oh sorry I thought you recognized me from years ago...the name's Bobbi.” she stuck her hand out.

 

Kara tried to shake the woman's hand but then got pulled in close to her. Kara's eyes went wide and she stood in total shock. She knew there would be something that would wreck this night.

 

“Well miss thing let me fill you in miss thing, he's not into you. You are just a phase. I was a phase, Tara was a phase, even Eva was a phase. He must be going through the pity phase cus as I can tell you are just a pity phase.” Bobbi looked her up and down and smiled knowing she got to her.

 

Kara snapped her hand away and said as best as she could, “thanks for the warning, but I can tell why he left you. He told me your little fuck up with him. I hope you are happy with what you chose.”

 

“Better then you are gonna get fatty.” Bobbi said then walked away.

 

Kara went back to her seat and put up a front as she looked to see him smile at her. She then felt herself want to cry. She didn't want to believe what Bobbi said but at the same time she always got to this point of the relationship when she feared the worst. She knew with JC it wasn't true but at this moment. She was having her fears hit her dead on.

 

And she felt alone.

 

Yet again.

End Notes:

WHAT A BITCH SHE IS!!! I LOVED HOW I ENDED THIS CUS AT SOME POINT IN A RELATIONSHIP EVERY WOMAN FEELS LIKE THIS I THINK....HEHEHE...WILL KARA GET CONFIDENCE TO DEAL WITH A BITCH LIKE HER....WE'LL SEE :)

 

PLEASE REVIEW

Chapter 13 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
now did you really think i was going to leave it liek that...ha! but the words that needed to be said didn't just come from jc...it came from someone who had seen the secne before unfold and gave bobbi a taste of her own medicine...

JC looked over and saw that Kara had been upset. He wished he could get away but he couldn't. He was talking to one of the big ups from the benefit that they were at tonight. He saw Carly sitting there with her earlier and saw what was going on. He then saw Kara get up and walk out back to the water fountains. “I am sorry Mr. Green I need to go check on my girlfriend. I feel as if I had abandoned her.”

 

“Oh sure Mr. Chasez, I am thrilled you came tonight as well as the boys.” The elder man said.

 

JC started walking towards the doors leading to where Kara was when he was cut off by the one woman he hoped to god he never would have to see again.

 

God was giving him a challenge tonight.

 

“Josh, how are you?” Bobbi said as she stood in front of him.

 

“What is it you want Bobbi?” he said craining his neck to get a view of Kara whom he had now lost sight of. He then realize who was in front of her and why Kara had the look she had. Bobbi got to Kara and fed her with the same lines of bullshit.

 

Fuck me! He thought to himself

 

“I met your well, not so little girlfriend she's well she's nice.” Bobbi said then looked at him, “Not your typical flavor though.”

 

“What the hell was that supposed to mean?” Now he was getting pissed.

 

“Well,” Bobbi started, “She's not Hollywood, she isn't that skinny and all what u like, and for the love of god she has a teenager that...”

 

JC was about to cut her off when he saw Carly walk in front of him.

 

“Excuse me your Bobbi right?” Carly asked

 

“Yes, who wants to know?” Bobbi asked standing there looking at Carly as if she had just invaded her privacy.

 

“The girl that a miss Kara Evans adopted two years ago when her father and mother both died of a car crash. True that she didn't have to but she did. Reason why? She loved me, true things were bad for her and my father and she was heart broken by him going back to my mother, but she saved me. She saved me from bouncing house to house never knowing what a family was and into a home and a family filled with love and understanding. She moved us from the misery that we have had to remember and still to from time to time to live a life. I have met five wonderful guys that care more for her then you will ever appreciate them for. And sorry to tell you this, but the one you loved, LOVES HER! I have never seen someone care more for Kara, EVER. Not even my own FATHER.” Carly said as she looked back to JC.

 

“Sorry, I saw Kara and she told me...well I forced her to tell me why she was upset.” Carly said.

 

Bobbi then said, “Little girl...you don't” but was cut off again.

 

“I don't what know love?” Carly said, she then went on, “You are probably right I don't know love...yet. But I do know when I see two people in love and I can tell you this you stupid ass bitch, they are in love. If I ever see you in the same event as we are trying to shake my mother down. I will make this more miserable for you than you can think.” She finished as she looked to JC.

 

Bobbi couldn't believe she was told off by a teenager. Shocked and embarrassed by the small cirlce of friends that were all Carly's and not hers surrounding her, she turned around and walked away.

 

“Were you gonna say something J, I m sorry I cut in.” Carly said smiling to him seeing him look at her

 

JC smiled down to her and gave her a big smile, “Nope...you pretty much got it all covered, where's Kara?”

 

“She is out in the Garden by the water fountian. She needed some air.”

 

 

JC walked out to the back where there was a lit up garden. He looked ahead and saw Kara standing there looking into the water fountain. He stopped as he saw her turn around and face him. He saw the pain that was caused in her eyes and his heart broke for her.

 

Kara turned around and saw JC standing there. She turned her head trying not to let him see that she was crying and her makeup ran a little from being upset.

 

“Kara baby, I am so sorry.” JC said softly as he went behind her and hugged her lightly not sure if she wanted him to hug her or what.

 

Kara melted into his arms. She sighed as she tried to talk. “Josh, are you gonna.” she was cut off by JC turning her around and looking down into her eyes. His eyes giving off a deep blue. One that he only showed when he was serious. His finger went to her lips to silence her.

 

“First of all I am so sorry that that bitch got to you.” JC said as he looked at her eye to eye. He saw a tear fall from her face and he took his finger and dried her eye.

 

“Carly told you?” Kara said looking at him.

 

JC said, “Yeah but not after she told of Bobbi. I was coming over to see if you were okay being that an hour ago I was dancing with a lively sexy woman, and one trip to the bar later she was at the table bout to cry her eyes out as if she lost her best friend.”

 

Kara looked to him. She smiled then got serious, “I don't want a repeat of my past relationship Josh. I am so afraid that you will...” she was cut off again but this time it was JC's lips on hers so softly and tenderly...at this time her favorite song was playing in the background.

 

 

Anytime you feel like you just can’t hold on
Just hold on to my love and I’ll help you be strong
But you’re so afraid to lose, and baby I can’t reach your heart
I can’t face this world that’s keeping us apart
When I can be the one to show you
Everything you missed before
Just hold on now, cause I could be the one to give you more
Let you know

JC held onto Kara and started to sway to the music. He started to slowly hum this song and sing into her ear. He pulled back and looked at her then.

 

“Don't be scared honey. I know you have been hurt. I know what you are going through is and was pure hell. I can't take that from you. But I want to be the one you can come to when you are sad, upset, scared, whatever you are feeling.”



Anytime you need love baby I’m on your side (hey)
Just let me be the one I can make it alright (I can make it alright)
Anytime you need love baby you're in my heart
I can make it alright

Kara looked at him as he was speaking, she never knew love like this before. True she would always have this fear in her. But with JC it was as if the fear was only minimal...even after what was just said to her. Not like in the past with Nate.

 

Kara kissed him as she put her head on his shoulders and just let the song speak for a moment.


I look into your eyes, and I feel it coming through
And I can’t help but want you more than I want to
So baby take all of your fears, and cast them all on me
'Cause all I ever wanted was just to make you see
That I could be the one to give you
All that you’ve been searching for
Just hold on to my love, and baby let me give you more
You know, anytime

Anytime you need love baby I’m on your side (I'm on your side)
Just let me be the one I can make it alright (I can make it alright)
Anytime you need love baby you're in my heart
I can make it alright

JC held on to Kara again. He knew at this moment yet again that this was it for him. He was a changed man and that he loved this woman. He loved her for everything she was. Even if he wanted to back out he couldn't he was in too deep and he was not going anywhere.

 


And now there’s no way out
And I can’t help the way I feel
'Cause baby you’re the fire and I’ll be waiting right here
You know my love is real, baby
Yeah yeah yeah

Kara looked into JC's eyes. She felt nothing but love and comfort at that moment. Sure she was a little scare of the next few weeks to come and how her family would react but at the same time she had talked to her sister and she said that the family saw the pics and all and they were thrilled she moved on.

 

“I love you so much Josh, just don't hurt me.” Kara said as she looked into his eys.

 

“I will do my best not to hurt you.” JC said as he kissed her once more. He looked at her and said, “Wanna get out of here? Go back to the room?”

 

“Please.” Kara said.

 

After telling the guys to enjoy the last hour, and praising and reading a riot act to Carly. JC and Kara went out the doors and back to the hotel.


Anytime you need love baby I’m on your side, you know
Just let me be the one I can make it alright (I can make it all, make it all, make it alright)
Anytime you need love baby you're in my heart
I can make it alright, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

 

Anytime you need love baby I'm on your side (I'm on your side)
Just let me be the one (let me be the one let me be the one let me be the one alright)
Anytime you need love baby you're in my heart (you're in my heart)
I can make it alright

 

Three hours later Kara had fallen asleep in JC's arms. He sat there looking at her. Watching her sleep. He moved away from her for a moment and went to his note book and started to write something for her. About her. To tell her that she was safe

 

It was to tell her she wouldn't be alone.

 

In more ways than one.


 

 

End Notes:

Song credit...."anytime" by Kelly Clarkson.

 This chapter took me an hour to write today!  more good stuff to come

 

Next up Chicago and a trip to meet the parents....both parents...dum dum dum

Review please i like the feedback.

Chapter 14 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

and now...for those who were missing some JC lovin...here you go...done it up my own way....

Kara needed to relax....and JC knew how to get her to relax.

 

 

To say that Kara was tired would have been a joke. Even thought it was 3pm and, she was dead on her feet tired. She was up all day taking care of appointments for the next day, going to stores to take care of the guys personal wishes to have when in Chicago. To top it all off the hotel never got the tickets to the Cubs/Mets game. Pissed and cranky she called somone from the home base (Orlando) to find out that her new intern assistant, had done a hold at the will call box. So while getting everything she had to go to Wrigley field and get the tickets. On the way to haililng a Cab, it started to pour rain. Kara was soaked, tired cus she had been up since...well most of the night...minus the two hour nap she got with JC.

 

Not that she would complain about that. She was up the night before being made love to. Not the kind that she was used to either. She had earth moving, bone melting, love. Last night there were things said, and parts of her touched that she never thought could be touched. It was by far a night she would never forget.

 

AND never will she forget the fact that she was going to meet JC's parents tonight. True she met them before but tonight she was going to be introduced as his girlfriend. And they were meeting Carly for the first time. She just hoped they didn't judge her the way....well we all know who wrecked that feeling for her.

 

Kara opened the door to her hotel room to see nobody in there. “JC? Carly?!” she called out.

Odd...they have the dam day off I thought they would be sleeping a little bit before going to dinner tonight with the family.

 

Kara then went to her and JC's room and saw a note.

 

Hey Kara,

 

I am downtown getting pizza with Johnathan on a....DATE!

 

Now don't go nuts I asked JC and Kelly being that you weren't here and they said it was okay. I will be have and should be back by 6:30 to get ready for dinner, which JC said it's not too bad we are only going to some restaurant not too far that was a 'jeans and tee' friendly place.

 

Now I have orders from JC being he's won't be back til 4 he told me to tell you to go in the bathroom and see what he did for you and if I were you I'd go look...hehehe.

 

Love

Carly

 

Being as curious as the next girl, Kara went to the bathroom and turned on the light. She saw the bath tub filled with bubbles and steam coming up from it. She then saw a dozen red and white roses on the counter with...yes the note from JC.

 

Kara smiled as she went to the note,

 

 

Hello sexy mamma,

 

I am sorry you had to work on your day off, taking care of these pampered babies, and when I say that I mean myself too. ;)

 

Now by now you see the steaming tub and are wondering how I have it filled with warm water and im not here. Well shock I am.

 

Kara had her pulse going a mile a minute as she looked around the bathroom and didn't see him.

 

She then went on an read the note more....

 

I am not going to come out and see you until you do as I say, so please do as I say next. If you do so you will be happily rewarded.

 

Get naked, climb into that beautifully filled bathtub....thank me later, and relax...once I hear you get relaxed I will come from my shadows and see you.

 

Here is a little music to get you to relax.

 

Love,

C-

 

Just as she put the note down, she heard the soft sounds of Jazz music fill the bathroom. She turned around again to see nobody.

 

Sighing she got undressed and climbed right into the bath tub. The moment she let her self sit down she felt the stress of her running around and nerves of seeing, and meeting JC's parents start to melt away. She rested her head back and just relaxed.

 

It was bout 30 minutes later when she heard his voice bringing a bigger smile to her face.

 

“How are you feeling sweetie?” JC said as he walked into the bathroom. He smiled down seeing Kara relaxed..

 

“I can't believe you of all people got me to relax.” Kara said. Then sighed, “I feel amazing right now love...thank you.”

 

Kara opened her eyes and saw him looking at her. She then looked into the tub and had an idea.

“What time is it?”

 

JC smiled as he looked at her, “Its only 4.”

 

Kara then smiled as she sat up enough for him to see her breasts covered in the bubble bath that was in there with her. Sshe then kissed him and said, “There's enough room for two in here why don't you come in here.”

 

JC smiled as she sat back looking at him. He then saw the shower stall. He got up went to the stall that was right next to her tub and started the water, he started to strip straight down to nothing and smiled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her up from the bath tub. He kissed her deeply and passionately. He picked her up from the water and in a moment put her in the shower with her, he pulled away, and said, “ how bout we make that other fantasy you told me last night come true right here right now.”

 

Before Kara could say a word her mouth was covered by his in a slow yet mind twisting kiss. JC's hands went to her breasts and started to play. He rolled a nipple in between her fingers and began to feel them harden JC's mouth went to her one breast and began to suck and swirl his tongue around the nipple.

 

Not to be the one getting and not giving, Kara took the soap from the side and lathered it up enough to wash him. She let it run up and down his body...over his shoulders his neck his chest right down to his already hard, dick. She pulled him away from his assault on her breast and began to wash him. She took her time cleaning him and then smiled as he pushed him back towards the water. As she rinsed him off she was about to get on her knees and start, when he stopped her.

 

“No no baby, this is your fantasy.” JC said as he pinned her to the corner of the wall and gave her one the most sexiest smiles Kara had ever seen. JC lbegan to work his magic on her clit, all a while beginning to kiss her neck and added one then two fingers to her throbbing center. He pulled back to see he face as she closed her eyes.

 

“I love watching you while I get you off.” JC said into her neck as he kept pumping his fingers into her, feeling her get hotter and wetter by the minute. He slowly kissed his way down her body til he had her leg over his shoulder and his tongue was at the place he wanted to be right then and there. He gave one more look back up to Kara, her eyes in a haze as he let his tongue give a long slow lick starting at her center then going right to her clit where he stopped and sucked. His eyes never leaving her face. He continued to lick.

 

Kara was in a world all of her own as she let the feeling of him make her want to scream. She was in a world of pure pleasure again. Just like the night before. “Jesus Josh, please I need to feel you in me. I can't take this.'

 

JC stopped and went to her pinning her on the wall he began to rub his cock to her pussy and then looked at her in the eyes, “How bad do you want me Kara, tell me.” He said looking at her.

 

Not caring anymore Kara hoisted her self off of the ground and wrapped her legs around JC's waist and allowed his cock to burry deep with in her walls. She started to slow ride as she opened her hazy dazed eyes to see him staring up at her and smiling at her. His blue eyes matching hers as if they were looking into each others souls and knew no words needed to be said as she started to bounce on him slow and hard. She moaned as she felt him fill her up. She started to bounce on his cock while he held her up and she said, “That's how bad.”

 

JC couldn't take it much longer as he began to guide Kara's hips to a faster pace, while doing this he sucked on one of her ample breasts that were bouncing freely in front of her face. She pulled herself back and began to feel him hit her in the spots that only he knew to get to.

 

“God JC, take me there, please” Kara said as she began to buck her hips forward and started to speed up feeling him. Meeting him thrust for thrust. Then his finger found her clit and played with it slowly feeling her tighten up around him.

 

That was all the encouragement she needed. Kara couldn't control herself as she began to bounce and ride JC as if it was her last time she was ever going to be with him again. She felt her self getting close as JC urged her on. Not just by his words and actions but as she opened her eyes and looked into his, they were telling her to let go. She tipped her head back and let it all go. Her orgasm taking over her body and took her straight to the stars as she rode the wave of it all. Feeling JC come right behind and riding his own wave of ecstasy right there with her.

 

JC moaned as he felt her mix her cum with his as they both came with such force and passion that it made everything around them fall away. JC had to find the strength to keep him slef up as he felt Kara slide off the wall and himself slip out of her.

 

JC stopped the water and helped Kara get out of the shower. He unpluged the tub and watched as Kara wrapped her towel around her body. He went behind her as she brushed her hair and smiled to her.

 

“I love you Kara.” he said.

 

“I love you to Josh.” Kara had been calling him Josh or C more these days and he had loved it better than JC. To him he wanted to be known as Josh her boyfriend, not JC from Nsync.

 

Kara smiled as she said, “I can't wait to see your parents. It's been a while, I am just ner..”Kara said as he cut her off.

 

“Bout Carly. Well news flash...they know about the whole situation, and you wanna know what? My mom and dad love the fact you gave her a home and adopted her. They said it could be the reason why we get along so well and why Carly and I have that bond we have.”

 

Kara never thought about it until now. Carly and Josh did have the the understanding way before they stared dating. She liked how Carly would be able to talk to Josh first off. He knew what was going on and didn't push. Carly came home the one day and let her know that she had this cool talk with him and learned that their stories while different were actually the same.

 

Kara smiled as she put her lips to his and kissed him. “I will now shut up and get ready.”

 

JC smiled as he smacked her ass to get the show rolling.

 

He was beginning to see a future with Kara. Only hurdle was coming in New York, well Jersey to be exact. He had to win her parents over. But that was days away.

 

So why was he so nervous?

End Notes:

Next up....unbreakable bonds.....family love...and a first for someone!

thank you all for reading and please keep the reviews comming

Chapter 15 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

okay this got a little longer than i planned...but it worked for me so if you don't like it oh well...here you go...i love how this all worked out and i think it will...wait why am i telling you...READ IT YOURSELF AND FIND OUT....lol....

side note: to everyone who i reading...thank you it means alot to me you guys are giving this story a shot...much love ...and now on with the chapter.....

 

Kara took one more look at her self trying to convince herself she looked okay.

 

“Are you sure we are to dress casually for dinner tonight baby.” Kara asked as she put on her shoes.

 

“Yes, I promise you...now come out here so I can see your sexy self.” JC said. He loved the fact that she had been worried. He wanted her to be as comfortable to meet his family. They were going to a small pizzarea near the hotel and it was all laid back relaxing. He liked these kinds of places better then going to the stuffy over priced restaurants that he had to take his ex's to. He liked that Kara and Carly would be thirlled going to a chain place or just to relax. Made him feel human in his bubble of a world he had been in. This is what he had been looking for.

 

Kara walked out and JC smiled. She was in a denim skirt that was mid thigh, with a black v-neck tee shirt. Her hair was lightly wavy, and pulled in a thin black head band. Her feet were in a simple pair of black flip flops.

 

Kara sensed JC's eyes on her as she turned around.

“Something wrong?” Kara asked as she looked down at herself.

 

“No, acutally you look cute tonight.” JC said as he went to her and kissed her on the lips.

 

Kara smiled. She had liked this outfit and was trying to decide when to wear it. She rarely wore a skirt out so tonight she decided to wear one. “Thank you sweetie, Carly ready?”

 

“She should be ready,” Just as JC was saying that they hear the group as well as Carly out in the hall.

 

Kara laughed as she grabbed her bag checking to see if everything was in there and said, “Well I am shocked to hear the whole group is ready.”

 

“And on time too.” JC said as they walked out. Kara heard Carly and Joey getting into one of their heated arguments bout the baseball game they were going to tomorrow in the afternoon, after the Operah show. They were having an argument over as you guessed it....baseball teams, which one was the better team. This had been going on since they found out that they were going to the Cubs/Mets game and that Joey has been was and always will be, a huge Mets fan.

 

“Joey seriously how the hell can you love a team that is 6 games under 500? The Mets suck big time. They haven't won a series ring since 1986.” Carly argued.

 

“Beats loving a bunch of overpaid assholes...” Joey was starting to argue

 

“That have..”Carly started but couldn't think how many championships so she went on... “more than one in over 25 years, and to boot they lost to the yankees during the seires of 2000...in five games...THAT YOU SANG THE ANTHEM TO!! How did that meeting go with Jeter, who si still on the team that kicked your sorry teams ass! THANK YOU ARGUMENT OVER!”

 

Kara laughed at the scene in front of her Carly all 5'5” of her up against Joe's 6' even frame.

 

“I....I...” Joey was speechless.

 

'Dad, she got you good...real good...and I hate to tell you this but, I agree with her. The Mets, well they suck.” Breanna said standing next to Kelly and Carly.

 

Joey just huffed and threw his hands up in the air as if he was giving up in defeat.

 

“Well now that the argument is over on who is a better baseball team,” JC said then sneezing and saying 'yankees' he continued, “Who is ready to see the Chasez family.”

 

All agreed as they took the elevator down to the lobby. Luckily it was not too bad. A few fans there that the guys all happily signed autographs and they even recognized Kara and Carly. One girl smiled at Kara and asked for her autograph. Kara smiled and scribbled her name.

 

“You know what you are so sweet. I am so happy for you and JC. You make an amazing couple.” the girl said.

 

JC looked to Kara as they both said thank you to the girl then left the building. Kara smiled as JC wrapped his arm around her shoulders and side hugged her. They walked that way to the restaurant. As they got there they saw JC's parents as well as Tyler. Heather couldn't go due to being stuck at classes in college but was going to meed up with the family in New York and meet Kara then.

 

JC smiled as he got closer to his mother letting Kara go and walking to his mom. She stood a way for a moment but that was before she felt Tyelr going behind her and bear hugging her from behind her. She screamed at him.

 

“Dam you Tyler must you always try to scare the shit out of me!” she said as she was placed back to the ground. She laughed as she was let go.

 

“Now why would I say hello to you any different way. Just because you choose to date my brother don't mean crap Kara.” Tyler said as he then gave her a proper hug.

 

“And your problem with that is what Ty?” Carly said. She had met Tyler before when they first moved to Orlando and he was visiting. He and Tyler always had this big brother little sister type thing going back and forth.

 

“I just wanna know how she can handle him. He's....He's...so...” Tyler said.

 

JC heard this and went to his brother and put him in a head lock “I am a what?” JC said as he tightened around as everyone started to laugh

 

“You are the best bro, now let me go...i can't breathe.” Tyler gasped as JC had him in the lock

 

JC let him go and then pulled him up, “That's what I thought baby bro.” JC said as they hugged.

 

Carly leaned to Tyler as she said, “I would have said nerd or geek.”

 

Tyler laughed as he whispered back, “I agree.”

 

JC saw the two laughing and was about to start in on the two but saw how Kara took the initiative and went to his parents. He quietly stood there and watched

 

Kara smiled as she quietly went to Karen and Roy saying hello. She was not nervous until that given moment. “Hello Mr and Mrs Chasez.” Kara said as quiet as ever.

 

“Kara, how good to see you and please for the love of god I have told you before it's Karen.” Karen said as she smiled to her.

 

“And please it's Roy here honey.” Roy said as he pulled her in to a hug.

 

“Roy, Karen, I want you to meet my stepdaughter, Carly.” Kara said. She turned around as she saw Carly play fighting with Tyler and JC. She laughed then said, “Carly come here a moment sweetie.”

 

Carly stopped as she froze, she then became shy as she looked to both boys. “Um...okay.” She walked over to Kara as she looked back to JC. He smiled as if to say she was okay. She felt Kara's hand and gripped it as if she was a little kid all over again. She smiled and said, “H..Hi”

 

“Hello sweetie, nice to finally meet who Josh has been talking about all this time.” Roy said. Smiling at her.

 

Carly looked to JC and back, nervously she said, “I hope it was all good.”

 

“Trust me sweetie we know everything and I must say he has spoken the truth so far.” Karen said as she smiled at Carly.

 

Carly smiled as she then said, “I am happy to meet you two, it's nice to see that Kara is happy with JC, or Josh what ever you guys call him.” she said shyly.

 

“Whatever you call him we will understand. And please Call me Karen and him Roy. Okay?”

 

“I can live with that. And let me say then that I am happy those two found each other. It's nice to see Kara finally smile and be happy again.” Carly said as they walked in.

 

“Well I shouldn't say this but I will,” Karen said as they walked in to the restaurant. “I am glad he met her too. Since I met your, stepmother I always though she was perfect for him.”

 

Carly smiled at Karen, “Me too...now we gotta make it our mission to keep them together.”

 

JC and Kara smiled as they sat there. Knowing they were going to be just fine.

 

 

The whole night was going off without a hitch. Kara and Carly were warmly accepted into JC's family. They all had their fair share of embarrassing stories to tell and

 

Karen laughed and said, “Deal” she then noticed that She had her Camera with her. She asked, “Josh told me that you are an inspiring photographer and that you got a deal with Teen People to do the photos for their cover story coming in October.”

 

Kara smiled as she saw how Karen and Carly were interacting. She was happy to know that she was welcomed into their family. She felt someone tap her shoulder as she watched from afar. She saw Roy come to her and smiled.

 

Roy looked to Karen and Carly and smiled, “I take it Carly and Karen are getting along well.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “I know I love to see how easily she can warm up to people now. When we lived in New Jersey she was somewhat shy for a long time. I would have to try and help her meet people being she was so shy. After her father and mother died it was the worst. She wanted to meet people where we lived but she was afraid.”

 

“Why is that.” Roy asked then said, “If you don't mind me asking.”

 

Kara shook her head, “I don't mind at all.” she took a deep breath. She knew this was going to be a long conversation. “When I frist met Carly which was over ten years ago she was a cute little girl who was the one who wanted to be the center of attention. Shy, sometimes but she warmed up to me right off the bat. We connected right away as she did with anyone she liked a lot. She loved being around people. That changed when she was about 11 or 12.”

 

“How so?” Roy asked.

 

“Well, it was after her father and I married. I always thought her mother told her not to get to comfortable with my family. That she wouldn't know them too long so it would be easier. That was the truth as Carly told me right after I found out that my husband was cheating on me with her mother. She didn't tell me to hurt me she told me because in truth she loved my family. She loved being around them and it made her sad that her mothers words would be so true.”

 

“Wow, that's hard for a girl to take, at any age.”

 

“Tell me about it, I mean it killed me more. Then when her father died, I had a battle.”

 

“The will that was laid out right?” Roy asked knowing

 

“Yeah, I mean it told me that I was responsible for Carly, if he died before she was 21.” She said.

 

“So that doesn't sound so hard.” Roy said as he saw JC sit behind her.

 

“Well, it wasn't.” Kara said as she felt JC's hand on hers. She knew she needed to share this with Roy. Knowing the truth behind JC's story she wanted to be honest with Roy and Karen who was at the other end being told the same story but from Carly's point of view.

 

“Sweetie if you don't wanna talk about it I understand I mean I know you know Josh's story but..”Roy was cut off by Kara

 

“No...no I want to tell you.” Kara took a deep breath and went on. “When Nate, my husband died he had a will like I told you. Well little did we know that Lucy had a will as well that stated her father, Carly's grandfather and family would have all rights to her as well.”

 

“Wow, so you had to go to court.” Roy said

Kara shook her head and went on, “Yes but that was the good part. The three months before that were hell for Carly, as well as me. I mean after losing her father she went to live with her Mother's family. I would get calls from her all the time. She would be crying that she was being bounced from her grandmothers to her aunts to an uncles house back to her grandfather's and all over again. When I got her on the weekends she would cry so hard that she didn't want to go back and one weekend I was driving her home and saw something that shocked the shit out of me.” Kara rememberd this as if it was yesterday.

 

“What was it?” Roy asked

 

“I had seen Carly's grandfather beating the crap out of her aunt. I then saw him coming to the car yelling for Carly to get out and that she was gonna get it too. I could smell the booze on his breath 10 feet from my car. Not knowing what to do I drove off and called the cops. Carly was crying hysterically begging me not to send her back there.”

 

Roy was in shock as he looked to Carly, the lively full of energy sixteen year old that was talking to Karen. He always thought Josh had it hard, but he was wrong. He was wrong by a mile.

“So I take it he didn't get her.” Roy said

 

“Nope they arrested him that night and found out he had a case against him with social services that went back to the point when Carly was born.” Kara said. She went on, “Social services handed me to her, I got a restraining order as well as a no contact order and that was the last we heard from him again. He died about a year ago of an overdose.” Kara stated.

 

“How long did your adoption take after all that?” Roy asked as he saw JC hold on to Kara as she looked back to him. He could already tell the bond he had with Kara and most importantly...with Carly.

 

“I had the adoption signed and done the say after he died. When I took Carly home for the funeral. I told her she didn't have to go but she wanted to. While we were there she saw her old family and she said to them that she was with a great person and had more family and friends than she could have ever asked for. They all wished her well and they went their separate ways.” Kara said.

 

Roy not knowing what to say got up and pulled Kara into an embrace. One that told one adoptive parent...no one parent to another what they wanted to hear. He pulled away and said, “I can't tell you how proud I am of you and I just got to know what kind of woman my son is dating. You ever need something, come to us.” He turned to Josh and said, “If you screw this up I will kick your scrawny ass son. Got it?”

 

JC laughed as he said, “Yes dad.” then went to his father and gave him a hug.

 

Carly walked over arm around Karen and both smiled at Kara and Josh. Karen went to Kara and hugged her to.

 

“Welcome to this family girls. I am so happy that you did what you did. It shows real guts, and let me tell you something bout that girl, she is one hell of a girl. And the pictures she showed me from her lil album. I can't wait to see the real deal.” Karen said.

 

Carly's face lit up. She was happy to see how warm and welcoming JC's family made them both feel. She also smiled even brighter as Kara invited them to New York and to meet Kara's family during the Family Barbecue that was going to happen next weekend. Carly really liked JC's family and how they made her feel welcome. Unlike her old stepfather's family that just ignored her. JC's family reminded her of, well Kara's family. Warm open and welcome.

 

 

Later after Kara gave Carly permission to go out to the movies with Justin, Bre, Kevin (Chris' brother) and yes Johnathan. Kara and JC walked back to the hotel. The were going to go upstairs and Kara noticed that the piano in the bar was empty. She looked to JC and decided to give him a shock. She tugged his hand as they went to the empty piano.

 

JC was stunned that she wanted to go to the piano. He was happy to oblige but what shocked him is when Kara took a seat in front of the keys. He saw her crack her knuckles and wiggle her fingers.

 

“Let's see if I remember how to play.” Kara said as she started to play some scales then looked to JC and started to play the opening chords of 'I want you back' in a jazzed up way.

 

JC stood there in total shock. He then started to stutter, “Y..you know..” he couldn't speak he was speechless.

 

“Do I know how to play. Yep. I learned when I was 16. It was during free time in chorus practice that a friend of mine taught me how to play. I picked it up very quickly.” Kara said.

 

“Wait! Just...you can sing to?” JC said as he stared at her.

 

Kara started to play happy birthday and started to sing. She smiled as she saw the look on JC's face. He just sat down next to her listening to her. She smiled as she finished and looked at him.

 

“Okay you just shocked the shit out of me.” I cant believe you have a voice like that.

 

Kara smiled then thanked him. She then took her bag and pulled out the folder she hid in the big messenger bag. She then opened it and pulled out a piece of paper that had lyrics. She looked at JC as he had a questioning face.

 

“What is that?” JC said as he saw the words on the page

 

Kara showed mock hurt, “Okay as a musician I am shocked you are even asking that.” Kara said as she warmed her fingers up again she then stopped and said, “It's lyrics to a song I wrote when I found out that Nate was cheating. And I had truly knew it was over. It's not my first song but this just fits for how I felt before and well I am rambling so here it goes.”

 

Kara started to play the music she committed to memory. Letting her self get lost in the song. A song she wrote in college and then added music to over time. As song she would play when all alone.

 

Wishing for someone to make her feel not alone.

 

There's a place in my heart
That I go when I dream
A place that nobody can see
Every night I see love
I see someone who's waiting
Waiting for someone like me
He must be out there
Somewhere, someone for me

[Chorus:]
Tell me how long
'Till I'm not just dreaming
How long, 'til somebody cares
How long, 'til I meet an angel
And give him my heart,
When can I start
How long 'till I fall in love

JC could not take his eyes off of her as he sat there and listened to her. She sang the song with an emotion, he couldn't even describe. The song spoke volumes to him as he sat there and listened to her in a trance as she sang it and just saw her open her eyes and look ahead. Oblivious to him being there in her own world. Where the music was taking her.

 


I sit every night
By my window just wishing
And searching for one perfect star
Can anyone hear me
Dunno if you're listening
Please send him right here
To my arms
He must be out there
Somewhere, waiting for me

Tell me just how long, will it be...


Tell me how long
'Till I'm not just dreaming
How long, 'til somebody cares
How long, 'til I meet an angel
And give him my heart,
When can I start
How long 'till I fall in love

 

Kara sat there singing letting her fingers gliding over the piano keys as she sang. She knew JC was watching but she didn't care she let her emotions come out as she felt a tear fall and kept on going. Not caring that she let her true emotions come out during this song.

I've always believed
That my dreams would come true
That one of these nights
He would appear
He'd be here in my arms
I see it all, so clearly
How it could be
I wish he was kissing me now...


Tell me how long (how long)
'Till I'm not just dreaming
How long, 'til somebody cares ('til somebody cares)
How long, 'til I meet an angel (my angel...)
And give him my heart (heart...)
When can I start
How long 'till I fall in love (in love...)

How long 'till I fall in love...
How long 'till I fall in love...
How long 'till I fall in love...

After the last note was played Kara let a tear fall and turned looked at JC who sat there. She looked to him.

 

JC smiled at her, wiped the tear that fell from her face, He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips then pulled away. Not knowing how to say anything at first then, said just above a whisper, “That was amazing. Thank you for sharing with me this little secret.”

 

Kara smiled leaning her forehead on his and looking right into his eyes, “I should be thanking you.”

 

JC looked to her as he asked, “Why's that?”

 

“Cause I don't have to wait to know how long I have to wait.” Kara said.

 

JC smiled as he asked, “Wait for what?”

 

“Wait to fall in Love.” Kara said as she kissed him softly on the lips. She pulled away and said,

“I love you Josh, More than you could know.”

 

JC cupped her face as he said, “I have an idea and I love you too Kara.”

 

He then went and kissed her with the softest sweetest kiss she could have imagined.

 

 

 

Song Credit: How Long by: Dream”

End Notes:

ahh...i hope you enjoyed this chapter....

 NEXT UP:  Pittsburg...and then NYC to meet Kara's family...

 

 

Chapter 16 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

YEAH YEAH YEAH...sorry i had worked too many hours and was too tired to post this

 

here it is its short but sweet as can be....

 

To say that Kara was distant the past two days would be a mistake. But in JC's eyes he felt that way. He only saw her when they were going to bed. Other than that she was running out going on errands, and on the phone most of they day. What she was doing he had not one clue. He knows when he asked her if she was okay she would say yes and that was it.

 

Last night when she didn't come to the bunk he got worried and saw her sitting in the back TV room with her “note book” out and just staring out the window. He noticed she had been crying.

 

He was now worried to the point he had to get answers. And he knew who to go to.

 

He found Carly the next morning sitting in the kitchen area of the bus. He smiled as he saw her up loading all her pictures she had done to her computer. He loved how she was taking her job with the group seriously and how she loved doing what she did.

 

“You know JC you are really good at sneaking in on people, you should be a spy or something.” Carly said not lifting her head from the computer.

 

JC laughed as he sat down across from her. “I wasn't spying on you oh young one. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about Kara.” JC said.

 

Carly knew this was going to come and she was glad he was here now. The day coming up was going to be one of the hardest days that her mother had to deal with. Carly was of course missing her mom and dad like all hell but she worried bout Kara the past two day.

 

True they were all busy trying to get everything set up for New York and the trip to Jersey but, there was only one other time Carly saw Kara like this.

 

Carly explained to JC that this happened twice before. The first time was when her father had died and she had found out that her mother was supposed to have a baby with her mom. She had been so crushed and broken by it all that she dove herself right into her work and never cared to look back at all. Then one day she just broke an let a flood gate of emotions flow out of her like ever before. Carly felt so bad for Kara. She knew it was gonna happened and when it did Carly could only do the one thing she knew to. She was there to catch her.

 

JC looked as if he had heard his best friend had died, he looked to Carly as she went on about the second time. It was when she found out her Grandfather from her mothers side died. They were back home and they went to her fathers grave site. She stood there stone cold and didn't say a word. Carly of course admitted she cried but Kara just stood there. Then went on her fit of rage and screamed like she did that one day a year and a half before. Carly knew she had more anger than she let on hidden for so long.

 

“I know she doesn't want to burden you with all her sorrow. She works this way its her way of coping with all that has gone on. “ Carly said. She then went to him and said, “you didnt tell her that you were going yet did you?”

 

JC shook his head as he looked down at his hands then back to Carly, “I am a lilttle afraid to tell her. I don't think she wants me there.”

“Trust me she wants you there, she just is not gonna let people see her in this state. She rather be alone in her misery than have the people she loves around her for support.” Carly said, then went on “I am not meaning the guys but you and me...mostly you.”

 

JC smiled as he said, “She in the back?”

 

Carly smiled and nodded as she went back to her work.

 

 

 

JC walked to the back TV room an knocked on the door he heard Kara call to come in. He saw Kara sitting on the couch looking out the window. She looked lost in her thoughts as she sat there. He went behind her and sat next to her. He saw she had tears threatening to spill.

 

“Penny for your thoughts baby.” JC said.

 

Kara took a staggered breath as she then felt his hands go around her waist and his head on her back. If at any time she needed him, it was this whole time. True she had been bottling up her emotions and it was not good to do that but she didn't know how to have someone other than her parents and Carly at her side.

 

Nate never cared to be there for her. She looked to JC and a tear fell. Then another. Kara just sat there and let it go. “ I hate feeling this way. I hate feeling so....so.” Kara lost her thought couldn't find the word.

 

JC looked to her and hit the nail on the head. “Broken.”

 

“Yeah broken. I mean I knew this was going to be tough and wanted to do this alone. To show that bastard of a love I thought loved me that I could be strong alone and not take his crap. I hated how he would tell me crying was for wimps and real women don't cry. So I never did. When he died I cried of course but I felt him sitting there looking at me calling me a baby even from hell or heaven wherever he might be. “ Kara said as she felt JC's arms pull her back to him and he held her. She knew then she could do this.

 

“Go on baby, let it out now. You have to.” JC said as he let her continue.

 

“Wanna know the sickest part. Even though he's been gone for two years I still feel him watching me telling me I will rot alone. Thats what gets me all the fucking time. I meet you and I love you so much but I feel as if he is never going to let me live my life and be with the one man that I love. That makes me feel like he should have.” Kara was now crying so hard.

 

 

JC held on to her and felt her pain. He didn't know how but he felt so sorry for her feeling like this and never being able to get it out. “You do have the right to be happy baby. Kara listen to me, don't let what he put you through or say to you effect how you want to feel. You wanna cry it's okay. You need to talk about how you are scared you can. You have a family that we are bout to see, a family of 300 crew members, 8 bodyguards, 4 brothers two teenagers one whom you are bringing up all on your own and doing a fucking amazing job at, one best friend that thinks of you more like a sister than as a friend and, you have me.” he said

Kara just looked at him. She never heard someone say the things she heard him say. She knew it but it was good to hear it. She was about to talk but then he went on.

 

“I want you to know you are by far not alone on this journey. I want to....no I WILL be there two days from now. I will hold your hand or just stay back but know this if you are going to fall. I will help you back up. I will wait til you are ready to move on and walk right beside you. I love you so much and I do NOT want you to be alone on this.” JC said.

 

Kara smiled a little, “Carly told you that I was being a stubborn bitch bout that part huh?”

 

“Yeah...she and the guys told me I was being a complete ass hole for not telling you sooner that I want to be there for you on a really rough day.” JC said.

 

Kara looked at him and fet a tear fall. She then felt him wipe the tear with his thumb and look at her. She looked down and as if she was a little child looked at him and yawned.

 

“Tired sweetie?” JC asked

 

“Yeah I was trying to get the house I rented out for the month and its all done on top of getting all the other crap I needed to do for New York for the next four days...then we are all stuck together for two weeks after that.” Kara said as she yawned.

 

“Hey I can't wait to just get some rest and be with you and Carly alone.” JC said as he saw Kara yawn again. He looked to her and pulled her in between his legs and let her rest her body against his as she rested her head on his chest. “Take a nap...you don't wanna be tired and exhausted when we see your family.” JC said.

 

Kara sighed as she fell right to sleep on JC with the beat of his heard at her soothing sound.

 

 

 

THREE HOURS LATER:

 

Kara woke up and sighed as she felt relaxed finally. The nap JC let her take on him soothed her and she was ready. She looked up and saw JC smiling down at her with sleepy eyes she laughed as she saw him smile at her. “Like watching me sleep mister Chasez?” Kara asked.

 

“Yes I did.” he said as he streched out.

 

Kara looked at the time then looked out the window and took notice to where they were. She jumped as she looked for her phone.

 

“Hey where's the fire?” JC said as she jumped up.

 

“Well we are 30 minutes away from my parents house and I didn't call to give them fair warning and I want them to know that their house is bout to have 10 new people and oh hey my boyfriend is meeting them for the first time. “

 

“It's done.” JC said

“Huh?” Kara asked as she looked at him.

 

“It's done. While you were sleeping your mother called. I answered the phone and I told her that you were napping since you were up all night long getting last minute things done for us. She didn't want to bother you since she noticed yesterday you were over exhausted. I agree you have been pushing yourslef too much and she likes me already since she can tell I take care of you.” JC said as he smiled like a lil child.

 

“Oh you take care of me?” Kara said as she threw a pillow at him. “So how did my mother sound to you.”

 

“I like her already. If she's anything like you I know I am gonna love her,” JC said as he got up and hugged her “Any ways Carly heard me say the words, Margret and took the phone out of my hands and that was the last I talked to her.”

 

Kara laughed. “She can't wait to see my family. She has been looking to getting spoiled since I had everything arranged.”

 

“She has been up in the front of the bus since bag in hand.” JC said.

 

Kara fixed herself up and looked in the mirror smiling. She too was excited to see her mother.

 

“Oh your mom said that we are having dinner out tonight some place called San...something or other.”

 

“San Caprelli's” Kara said eyes getting wide.

 

“Yeah, she said you all know the manager and we can have the up staris for a small welcome home party and dinner. Its' not far from your home I take it.”

 

“Nope not at all...and its really really really good food!” Kara said smiling.

 

Oh they joys of being home.

 

“KARA WE ARE HOME!” carly yelled as the buses slowed down infront of her home

 

JC knew her parents had money but he didn't know they were loaded. In front of him stood a beautiful well manicured mansion. “Wow.”

 

“Yeah....my dad earned this baby.”

 

“What does your father do for a living.” JC asked.

 

“well you know the lighting for your tour this season?” Kara asked

 

“Yeah.”

 

“My father and the lighting master, created that and my dad helped light the stage...as well as this house, my sisters two towns over, mine in Orlando and Joeys as well.” Kara said as she walked away. She saw him drop his jaw and then she said, “Hey dont look like that my sister is a child psycologist, my mom is a retired teacher, and my brother-in-law is a lawyer at my uncle's firm in the city. We all earned what we got. I didn't have my father.” Kara was cut off as she held his hand.

 

“I know you earned that home you have. It shows in the way you talk bout it.” JC said as he held her hand and they walked into the house full of noise already. JC saw that Carly was giving the introductions to Kara's parents.


“And you know that girl there that's your mama Margret.”

 

Kara smiled and ran to her mother and gave her a long over do hug.

 

“It's been too long mommy.” She said

 

“I know sweetheart, but I see you are being taken care of.” Margret looked back and saw the young man looking on with a nervous smile.

 

Kara took a step back laced her fingers to JC's and then said

 

“Mommy, this is my boyfriend Josh.” she looked up to him and smiled back, “Josh, this is my mother, Margret.”

 

JC thought he was going in for a handshake but then felt Margrets arms embrace him in a hug.

 

“I am so happy my daughter met you and welcome to the family.” Margret said.

 

JC instantly felt like he was at home and won over her family.

 

He felt like he did with his Mom and Dad.

 

This made him relax and smile.

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

'NEXT UP: MEETING DAD, AND THE FINAL GOOD BY TO KARA'S REASON FOR FEELING HOW SHE HAS....AND SOMETHING CHANGES FOR KARA....WHAT WILL IT BE?   JUST WAIT AND SEE....HAHAHAHA

 

please review and thanks for sitting...next up

Chapter 17 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

HOLY CRAP...

i first wanna say i am sooo sorry i have been away...i was hit with Irene....luckily my house was not harmed but i was wiht out power for days...then i had to go away on a buisness trip...minus a computer...so i am back and i will post more

 

so here we go JC now meets David and well....read on....

 

 

Kara sat back as she watched the scene in front of her. Carly and her mother were sitting inside looking at all the pictures that Carly had for her portfolio. Margret looking at the pictures and smiling with her daughter.

 

Over on the driveway she saw, Mark, her brother-in-law, Justin, Chris and Joey playing basketball. She saw that It was Justin and Chris against Mark and Joey. She was shocked to see that for a change he was losing. It was rather funny and entertaining.

 

Kara then heard the one person she had missed. Her father.

 

Kara knew, if her mother gave aproval to Josh, her father would in a moment. It was just the nerves of having a guy, no wait, a MAN come with her and introduce him to her father.

 

Kara saw all the guys walk to the deck to make their introductions to her father. She was glad that the guys were all kind enough to show respect for her family even feel comfortable to introduce themselves instead of her doing it. She liked how they all got along. It was like two families joining into one

 

 

She smiled when her father saw her and her face lit up.

 

“My princess,” David said as she fell into his arms and got a big hug from him.

 

“Well...busy working hard, but doing really good daddy.” She said as she turned around and saw JC.

 

David saw how JC looked a little nervous and laughed. He then saw how he looked at Kara and how his daughter looked back at him. It wasn't like when she was with Nathan. She adored him no lie, and he adored her, but David always thought that something was going to happen and his youngest daughter was going to wind up hurt.

 

He was right.

 

“Daddy, this is Josh. Josh this is my father, David” Kara made the introductions and smiled.

 

JC smiled as he stuck his hand out to shake it. He was more surprised to have her father pull him in to a hug.

 

“I don't need to have a hand shake here Josh. I know you are good for my girl.” David said as he pulled away.

 

“Huh?” JC was now confused. As was Kara who had the same look.

 

“Let me tell you something,” David satarted as Margret came to her. “I had the same look on my face almost 40 years ago. Her father knew that I was it for his daughter. I knew the same when it came to her sister Liz and her husband I saw it too. And it makes me happy to know that she found love again, and this time she hit the nail on the head.”

 

JC smiled as he heard this. He shook his hand and told her father, “I know what it's like to be hurt, not what she went through but I know that I will try my best to give her the world. I love Kara that much, David.”

 

“I know son.” David said, “I know”

 

 

JC smiled as he felt Kara hug him and kiss her.

 

 

Later that night::

 

Kara smiled as she finished off her call with the lawyer and everything was set for the day after tomorrow. The guys all argued with Kara too begging to stay at her family's place for the night. She lost the battle but won the battle being able to stay in the guest house with JC. ALONE.

 

Kara walked into the living room and sat next to JC who was holding her godson, Adam. She smiled at how he looked holding him.

 

JC smiled back as he looked form Adam to her and winked. He had this feeling for a while but let it slide as he heard. Her other nephew across the way smiled. “Hey auntie Kara?”

 

“Yes Mark.” She said as she sat there.

 

“Will you play the piano and sing for us?” He asked.

 

All the sudden the room got very quiet and four men, three body guards, all looked to Kara. Kara got a little red in the face and smiled to Mark. She was about to say something. But was cut off by Chris.

 

“You...sing?” He asked

 

“Oh yeah she does.” Margret said smiling brightly bout her daughter.

 

“I...I'm not that good...I” Kara was cut off from her sister.

 

“Only won all teen art contests in High School, started in all the plays, and not to mention sang at my wedding, as well as all our cousin's weddings too.” Liz said

 

All looked to Carly who chimed in, “Its true the nights I couldn't sleep she would sing to me. Right after my father and mother died she would sing every night to me...” Carly looked to Kara who was now shaking her head. “WHAT YOU GOT A VOICE KARA!”

 

Kara sighed as she got up and went to the Piano that was in the living room. She looked at Mark as she started playing the piano to relax her fingers. She then asked him...”what song do you want young one/”

 

Mark looked to the guys and then said, “The one you sang at Uncles funeral”

 

“Change for good?” she asked as Mark shook his head then she said, I need a partner sweetie.

 

JC gave Adam to Liz and said, “I'll sing with you sweetie.”

 

Kara looked from the piano and said, “Okay...I um S....sing Glinda's part you can take Elphaba's parts, I will go to your range, you know the lyrics?”

 

He smiled, “Yeah actually your family as well as us are going the day after your closing to see the play and meet the cast”

 

Kara didn't start singing this yet and started crying. She then started to play the song. She looked to JC's eyes and saw him wink as he stood next to the piano. She took a breath and began to play. JC smiled as he began to sing

 

 

 

(JC):
I'm limited
Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you..
.

 

 

Kara took a breath looked to Mark then to JC and started to sing

 

(Kara)
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

 

Kara had a tear in her eye as she looked to her family and saw them sitting there and listened to the song as she kept singing with JC.

 

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

 

JC smiled as he stood and looked to Kara and kept singing. It was as if this song was meant to be sung by them. It was speaking volumes to him. He looked to the guys who were sitting shocked. He looked back to Kara and went on singing with her.

 


It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

 

Kara felt JC now standing right in front of her and she opened her eyes with the tears falling down and sang with JC. She never thought she could sing this with anyone else ever again. Long ago she sang this at her uncle's funeral with a friend of hers. But singing this song with JC, and feeling the way she did she knew this was now a special song to them.

 

This was their song.

 

 

(Kara):
Because I knew you

(Both):
I have been changed for good

(JC):
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

(Kara):
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both):
And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Kara):
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

(JC):
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood


(Both):
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Kara):
And because I knew you...

(JC):
Because I knew you...

(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...

 

 

Kara played the last chords of the song and looked to JC who was now sitting near her. She then kissed him on the lips. She then looked to see her family clapping and saw that the guys were just floored. And they all were clapping and cheering with her family.

 

“Kara.” Justin said.

 

“That was.” Joey said

 

“I can't believe you hide that voice.” Lance said.

 

“Screw her voice...the two of them together.” Chris said in total shock.

 

Kara smiled shyly as she heard the buzz around her. She then looked to JC as he leaned in and kissed her once again. “I love you” he said

 

“I love you too.” Kara said.

 

Kara sat there later that night hearing the song one more time. She looked at a picture she kept in her wallet and put it in the fire place as it burned. It was one of her and Nate. Her past. She then said.

“Thank you Nate, I now can live. Because of you I have been changed.”

 

She then went to JC who slept and slid into the bed and fell asleep with him coming behind her and held her. As she drifted off she felt as if she could take on the world and what was going to come.

 

And boy oh boy what was going to come was going to be big.

 

Only thing was she didn't know how big it was going to be.

End Notes:

Song Credit....."For Good" from the WICKED soundtrack

 

Next up....Saying Good bye.....

 

Review and thanks for keeping up with me :)

Chapter 18 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

Here it is another update in less than a week...

 I am on the way to writing the next one and all i gotta say is get ready....;)

On with the story.....

 

Two days later.

 

Kara woke up to the sound of her alarm going of. She was too comfy to get out of bed. She was about to reach when JC snuck up behind her and hit the button. She smiled as she felt his arms go around her.

 

“Morning, sleepy.” she said.

 

“Morning Beautiful.” JC said kissing her bare neck. He felt her sigh as she melted into his body.

He asked, “How are you today? Nervous, Scared, Tired, Sad?”

 

Kara rolled over and looked into JC's eyes. She loved the look on his face. It was a look of worry but out of love. She sighed again and started answering his questions.

 

“Nervous, no way. Scared, lil bit but not too much to let it get to me. Tired, yes since we were up doing....well you know.” She laughed as she then got quiet, “Sad...to be honest, yes. Im sorry if that's not what you want to hear but,” she was cut off by a soft slow sweet kiss from JC.

 

“Its your feelings baby, I know you are sad. If it was me, I would be the same way. And hey, I am here for you to crumble and cry or beat...just not to bad I bruse too easily. Whatever you need to let out I will be there for you and let you let it all out. You and Carly.” JC said

 

Kara then sighed again. I know she's going to be the hard one I think. I know she was mad at her father and mother for doing what they did. But still they were parents.”

 

JC didn't know what to say, “Wow, yeah I know, well I don't know what it's like to lose my parents the way she did but still.”

 

“Just promise me one thing baby?” Kara asked as she sat up.

 

“Anything baby.” He said

 

“I can take whatever is said to me but if Carly falls...” She started.

 

“I will Catch her right away. Both of you. I am here for the both of you baby.” JC said.

 

I smiled and knew in a moment, that I would be okay.

 

Wrong. I would be great!

 

 

 

THREE HOURS LATER:

 

“So Ms. Evans, this is the last step of the closing. I hope you read everything over?” Ms Klein said as she went on.

 

“Yes, I did. Twice. And I had my lawyer read them too.” I said.

The middle aged woman smiled as she said, “Okay. I did get the people you needed me to contact to move everything that was personal to you out. I have them right here and there was one last thing.”

 

Kara sat up a little and looked at her, “What was it?”

 

“Well,” The lady took her glasses off and pulled out two envelopes out. “I am guessing they were from your husband. There is one for you Mrs. Evans and another one for Carly.” She said.

 

Carly sat straight up. “Huh?” Carly saw the Envelope with her name in her fathers writing in front of her. She looked to Kara as if she didn't know what to do.

 

“Carly baby, you can wait if you want to read it.” Kara said putting a hand on her back.

 

Carly shook her head and took the letter. “Can I go somewhere alone for a moment to read this?”

 

Ms. Klein smiled softly as she pointed behind her, “There's a sitting room behind me sweetheart. You can go in there.”

 

Carly slowly got up with the letter in her hand. She went from anxious to sad to nervous as to what was going to be said in that letter.

 

“Carly if you need me sweetie, I am right here.” Kara said as she looked to her.

 

“O...Okay” Carly then walked in to the room and shut the door. Leaving the world behind her.

 

“Kara, Mr. Knight and myself will go into the other room to give you a moment to read the letter.” The broker said.

 

 

Kara took the letter and started to open it as Greg her attorunery, the broker left. She saw JC get up to leave and she placed a hand on his arm. “You stay here.”

 

JC sat back down. “You got it baby.” he saw her open the letter and began to read.

 

 

Dear Kara,

 

I know if you are reading this letter then something happened to me and or to us.

 

First let me tell you how I love you. I love how you can give me everything that a man wants and needs and how you care so much for my daughter. Don't ever for a second think she is not yours. She in your heart is yours.

 

I know the past few months have been hell for you and knowing I am the reason that you are being put through this hell is not good. I remember I promised you that I would never break your heard and I lied. Maybe one day you can find it in your heart to find forgiveness for me and what I did. If not I understand fully. I don't forgive myself at all.

 

If you got this letter it means I have passed on before I could tell you everything I wanted to before you got to this point.

 

I love you. I always will love you Kara. I never wanted what happened between the two of us to but it just did. I hope that someday you will find someone who loves you as much...no scratch that...better then I did. You deserve better than I ever did. Not just for you but for my daughter Carly.

 

Promise me one thing Kara. No matter what happens you will always have the best intentions for her. She is going to have so many questions as to why everything happened. I hope you can give her and show her the love I know you have for her. Take her and mold her into the woman I know you to be and let her know that I will be watching her from afar and that I want her to be whatever she decides to be.

 

As for you...go live your life better. Better than what I was giving you. Have fun. Fall in love freely knowing that whomever is your soul mate is the one that you love fully. Never give up on your dreams and always remember I might not be the person you love anymore, but I will forever be an angel, watching over you making sure from now on you are happy and live your life to the fullest, with Carly by your side.

 

I will always be your friend and thank you for putting up with me.

 

Truly,

Nathan.

 

 

Kara felt the tears fall as she handed JC the letter.

 

JC read the letter alone as he held Kara next to him. He looked to her as she dried her eyes. “You okay baby?”

 

Kara looked to him and said, “Yeah, I just want to respond to that when we get to the Grave.”

 

Kara then went to the door as she saw Carly come out, with red eyes.

 

“Carly you okay?” JC asked.

 

Carly handed Kara the letter and said, “I miss him but, that's nothing new.”

 

Kara looked at Carly then at the letter, “May I?”

 

Carly shook her head as JC pulled her in for a hug. Fresh tears starting as he hugged her tight. Trying his best to give her comfort.

 

Kara sat back down and began to read the letter.

 

My dearest daughter Carly,

 

Baby girl. I am so very sorry for all the problems I have put you thorough in your life. From being an absent father and not being at every little thing, to putting you after your mother Lucy. Just know I never meant to do this to you.

By now you know from reading this letter, I have passed on. I am so very sorry. I love you more than you will ever know.

 

Know that Kara is the best person that ever happened to the both of us. I am watching from above seeing how you are turning into a beautiful woman. More and more everyday you are looking like your mother. Don't thing I can't see what you are doing. I see it everyday. I am your guardian angel. As well as Kara's too. I have brought whomever she has moved on because you BOTH need him. He is what I should have been as a father as Kara is to you what your mother never was. Or was a little too late. She might hate me for saying that but it's true. She might not have cared for you the way you wanted, but you have Kara now. She's your mother.

 

I give you this message now...live your life how you want. Don't for a moment give up your dreams because someone is telling you that you can't do it or because they want you to do something they want you to do. If whatever you are doing now makes you happy....keep doing it. Don't be like me and mouth off to people. Know when you fall in love, keep the love real. Don't take it for granted like I did with your mother, and even worse, Kara. I know I screwed her up but she's got someone now who is better for her and I will never haunt her for falling again. Don't hate her for falling in love again, be happy and make sure he takes care of you.

 

 

I must stop now sweetie, I love you, I always have and always will. I will be watching over you as your angel, and know if you ever need me I won't be far. As the one song you mother sang to me from heaven, “you have changed me for the better...and you have changed me. For good.”

 

 

I will always love you.

 

Dad~

 

 

By the time Kara finsished she looked up to see Carly standing near her. Kara knew she didn't need words. She got up put her arms around Carly and hugged her.

 

 

 

 

*******AT THE CEMETERY******

 

Kara and Carly walked to the plots that were 100 feet away from the car they drove to the cemetery. Kara looked to Carly and placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

Carly looked up to Kara and said, “You can go first. I want to talk to my mother first.”

 

Kara smiled down as she saw her mother move to the site next to her.

 

Kara touched the stone that she picked up and then laid down the white roses she got for his site. She looked to JC who was standing a few feet away. She sighed and spoke,

 

“Thank you for the note Nate. I know you didn't meant to hurt me. It happened. I read your letter and to let you know as you have seen if you have been watcing, I am living a good life now. I have a great job, family that supports me better than ever, and to boot I fell in love again. He's been here with me through everything I have been through and showed me that I can love again. Best part he cares for Carly.” she said as she saw Carly stand near her. She then felt JC's arms around her and she looked up to his eyes. Then went back to the Stone and said, “You can move further into heaven Nate, I'll....no Carly and I will be okay. We have all the support and love we could ever ask for and then some more. Just if you are listening and watching, don't let my heart be broken again. Let me love the way I tried to love you and you couldn't let me.” Kara felt a tear slip as she kissed her hand and placed it on the stone.

 

Carly looked to the stone. She put a red rose down and started speaking, “I...I love you so much daddy. I miss you very much but you did good by sending someone for me and Kara.” She sighed as she looked at the grave. “I still hate you and mom for what you put Kara through, that won't change....wait I can't say I hate you...as you used to tell me, I am disapointed for what you put her through. But I guess love gave you the last laugh.” Carly looked back to Kara and JC she then went on, “Look at Kara now dad, she's happy. She's doing things she hadn't done while she was with you because she was scared. She's doing it now. Shes able to love herself and someone else. And she'll be happy knowing she can love again.”

 

“I know you don't like me talking like that. But I have wanted to say that for the longest time. I love you still but, I can't get over how you could do that to her.” Kara then kissed her hand and then placed it on the grave stone. “She's happy now...and I am happy. I will hold a place in my heart, and don't always watch over me. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good”

 

Carly had a tear fall but then looked to the family she has grown to know in the past short months.

 

Kara and Carly both walked away from a past of sorrow and looked to the future.

 

A future that showed some promise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

End Notes:

 

NEXT UP....A night Kara will never forget...and then some. ;)

 

Review if you want...and if you have been reading til now....thank you it keeps me going with this story.

Chapter 19 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
HOLY COW I UPDATED...AND I MIGHT HAVE THE NEXT CHAPTER UP BY THE END OF THIS WEEK!!! SRRY I HAD A SEVERE CASE OF HOW TO TAKE THIS STORY BUT I AM LIKING WHERE IT'S GONNA GO..HOPEFULLY YOU WILL TOO!  
 

SONG  CREDIT, "HEY" by Matt Morrison.... :) (love this song to death right now)

Kara turned over and blinked. Funny, I don't remember falling asleep in bed. She looked and saw that a blanket was on her. She sat up and saw a note, she smiled as she read the note.

 

Hey sleeping beauty,

 

Sorry, you fell asleep in the family room and your nephews were threatening to wake you up.

 

Me, and your mother didn't want that being that you needed a nap after....well you know.

 

When you are awake come to the living room that's where we will be.

 

Love,

 

your prince charming.

 

 

Kara smiled when she got off the couch and went to the living room. She saw JC sitting there on the phone. Quickly she mouthed the word hi as he saw her smiling back at her.

 

“Yes....that's right...for two...yes....” JC was saying as he saw Kara walk to him and sit in his lap on the sofa. He went on, “What time....okay great....bye.” he hung his phone up and looked at Kara sitting there. He pulled her face to his and gave her a soft sweet kiss. “Hello sleepy. Did you have a good nap?”

 

Kara smiled as she felt his hands going up and down her back. She sighed, “Yes. Thank you for rescuing me from the boys.” Kara looked around and noticed that it was dead silence in her parents house, “Baby..where is everyone?”

 

JC smiled, “Carly, your mother, Kelly, your sister, the boys and Brianne all went shopping to the mall. The guys plus your brother in law and dad got last minute tickets to a Mets game so they all went”

 

“Wait so we are home alone?” Kara said as she looked around.

 

“Not for long, your mom called me and let me know that they are going for take out on the way home. She wanted to know if we wanted food. I told her no because I have Lonnie on duty tonight. I'm taking you out tonight.”

 

“Oh you're taking me out tonight huh?” Kara said looking at him.

 

“Yes. Got a problem with that?” JC said looking at her

 

“Depends, where are we going?” Kara asked

 

JC gave a deep laugh and then siad, “That's for me to know and you to find out. Go get your self dressed and ready we are leaving in 30 minutes.” JC said as he got up to leave her

 

“Wait! JC how should I dress?” Kara asked.

 

JC smiled as he said, “How ever your little heart desires baby.”

 

Kara smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. She picked out a denim skirt that went to her mid thigh. She had on a turquoise shimmering top. The front dipped right to show enough of her breast. Her back was scooped to show her whole back. She then finished her make up. She smiled at how she looked and went to the living room in the guest house. She smiled as she saw JC. She gave a low whistle admiring his choice of attire. He was in a pair of dark denim jeans, and a white button down shirt with a muscle tee underneath it.

 

JC stopped dead in his tracks and gave a whistle back to Kara. She looked sexy. Plain and simple. He smiled as she did a circle and nearly growled as he saw all the skin she was exposing. “I am being punished for not telling you what we are doing tonight?”

 

Kara smiled and kissed him. She then said, “Nope.”

 

Shit this woman is gonna be the death of me tonight” JC thought as they headed out the door.

 

 

LATER THAT NIGHT:

 

“JC if you don't take this dam thing off my eyes I'm gonna kick the shit out of you!” Kara said as she held on for dear life to JC's arm. She hated more than anything being blind folded and dragged somewhere....let alone somewhere she had no clue.

 

He did this when he left the house to go to dinner. They wound up to one of her favorite restaurants in all the world. The Melting Pot was the it place and he found out from her sister that when Kara was there the last time she was there was on what had to be the worst date of all history. It was six months after Nate passed and the guy, was a complete prick.

 

This time she was there with JC who took her there and gave her the date she deserved. They had a seat in the back away from the front and away from as they now had in Jersey, Paps. They somehow found out that the guys were in the vicinity and they found the new, and hot couple there. The owner of the restaurant was a friend of Kara's and when he found out that she was coming with her new man he set it up so that they were in the back. Away from the windows, and anyone who would disturb as JC said to her sister, who helped him set this up, “a night for Kara to never forget.”

 

Kara was shocked and enjoyed her time there. A bottle of nice wine, and food dipped in cheese fondue. She got to fee JC and he did the same. They laughed like kids and enjoyed the company of each other. In Kara's eyes it was perfect.

 

Til she was Blind folded, yet again and brought back in the car. To another unknown place to her. All she heard was people around her. People she wasn't sure she knew or not. It made her nervous.

 

That was a lie. IT SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF HER!

 

“Baby let your grip on me go a little bit, I promise you will not be killed or hurt. You will love the next surprise.” JC said as they stopped and then he sat her down.

 

Kara started to move her hands to the back of the blind fold and he stopped her. “Why??” Kara started to whine.

 

“Because woman, you are not ruining this part.” JC said as he saw mike. “Hey man hold the blind fold and tell her to be paitent.

 

“Do as the boy says please? So I don't get an ass beating from him.” Mike said as he held her hands.

 

Kara sighed as she sat back. “You know Mike, I thought you were on my side, not Josh over there.”

 

“I am but right now you WANT to keep it on.” Mike said as he saw JC, and the “special guest” come to the piano on the stage and sit down. Kara heard clapping and didn't know what the hell was going on.

 

“Okay people, welcome I don't want to ruin the surprise for my girlfriend just yet so please forgive me for not introducing my guests as well as telling her who they are. She will know soon enough, so sit back, relax and enjoy the intimate concert for the people who are closest to me as well as the one who this is for tonight, Kara. Baby I told you this night was for you and, here it is.” JC said as he looked back and saw the man at the piano start to play.

 

Kara sat there having to use her sense of hearing. She heard the first few notes play and almost jumped out of her seat. She didn't knowing she was unable to see. Thanks to JC having that dam blind fold on her. She then was helped up by JC as he said, “Surprise baby.”

 

The Scarf that was used was untied and Kara kept her eyes closed as she heard the first few notes of her a song. A song she had played many times on the bus in the back while working. She confessed to JC that she would kill to see him perform. Once JC told her that he knew Matt Morrison, she thought just as a passer by at some events. No not even close, here he was in front of her at the piano in her home.

Playing with a soft guitar in the background and she heard the song she love most. One that she also described how she felt about JC the day she met him.

 

I wonder if she's here with someone
A girl like that can get attention I could just go walking her way
All I've got to do is figure out the words I need to say


Woo ooh, woo ooh I just need an introduction

Woo ooh, woo ooh I keep coming up with nothing
Woo ooh, woo ooh
Why do I lose my voice and choke
When all I wanna say is

Hey hey I gotta be with you,
Hey hey
You're beautiful in every
Way way
So what I need to say is
Hey hey
And change the world in a day

 

Kara looked to JC who was smiling at her. She turned around to then see her entire and I mean ENTIRE family there. People she had not seen in a year were there for the night. The guys were standing there smiling back like a bunch of little kids.

 

“How...how the hell?” Kara said shocked.

 

“I planned this the day you listened to this song and told me bout it and how you felt when we met.” JC bent down to say in her ear.

 

Kara pulled JC down and gave him a long kiss. One that didn't need to tell him she loved him more than life itself.

In your eyes I see you're lonely Look at me,
I want you only
We belong together, this I know
Just gotta find the words to tell you so


I have my lines and story set
You look at me and I forget
Thoughts are running through my head
Jumbled up and left unsaid

JC smiled as he looked into Kara's eyes and smiled back to her. He knew he got her good with this surprise. “I love you too Kara.”


Woo ooh, woo ooh I just need an introduction
Woo ooh, woo ooh I keep coming up with nothing
Woo ooh, woo ooh
Why do I lose my voice and choke
When all I wanna say is

Hey hey I gotta be with you,
Hey hey

Woo ooh, woo ooh I just need an introduction

Woo ooh, woo ooh I keep coming up with nothing
Woo ooh, woo ooh
Why do I lose my voice and choke
When all I wanna say is

Hey hey
So what I need to say is
Hey hey
And change the world in a da
y

 

As the song ended Matt made his introduction to every one and then kept playing. Song after song.

 

Kara was in her glory. She smiled and danced with her nephews, Carly and everyone just had a great time.

 

 

 

Later that night when everyone was all gone to hotels, condos, home, or wherever they were staying she sat with JC and smiled. She kissed him softly and slowly.

 

JC pulled back and smiled to her, “What was that for?”

 

“Because you love me, and...I love you.” Kara said.

 

JC smiled as he saw a look of pure joy on her face. Knowing he did that for her made his heart soar. He then got up and pulled her up. He stood there and knew what he was about to do would either make him happy as all hell. He went to the bedroom and got the small box he left there for the perfect time.

 

Kara stood there for a second and then went to the bedroom and saw JC standing there with his back to her. “What's wrong JC?' Kara worried for a moment.

 

JC went right to her held her hand. He smiled to her, “Nothing. I love you so much Kara. More than you can ever imagine. I was going to wait to do this tomorrow but I can't wait.” JC said as he pulled the box from his pocket and opened it.

 

Kara's eyes went as wide as she ever had them. She saw JC go on one knee and open the box. She saw a piece of jewelery...it took her breath away. She then heard the one phrase she thought was not going to be said to her ever again.

 

“Kara, I know you might be afraid..but know this...I love you. More than the life. In the past two months you have shown me what it's like to have it all. You make me happier then I ever thought I could be. Kara, Will you marry me?

 

Kara looked down to the ring that was placed on her finger and couldn't speak cause of her breath being takend away. By the man she loved. She smiled and shook her head. Then got out the words.

 

“Yes”

 

 

End Notes:

Next Chapter:: Love is in the air...and a surprise comes that Kara fears will stop everything she wants with JC dead in it's tracks.

 

Review if you wish and thank you for reading :)

Chapter 20 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

another post in a week....can it be?

 read and review...enjoy

 

Engaged

 

 

Kara still could not believe that she was engaged. She looked at the ring on her finger. She was still shocked. She never thought in a million years that she would find someone who cared for her. Someone who truly loved her.

 

Kara then felt a pang of nerves wash through her. She thought to herself:

 

Who knew he was going to purpose?

 

Did he ask her father first?

 

Did he ask Carly?

 

Would the press find out?

 

Does he want a big wedding?

 

How will his parents react?

 

 

Kara got up out of bed and looked to see JC sleeping peacefully. She got up and got dressed in her sweat bottoms and a Yankee tee shirt. She pulled her hair back and threw her flip flops on. She then went to the main house and opened the back door. She saw the one person she knew would be up at this hour sitting at the table. The one man who has been by her side through everything she had been through right from the start.

 

David lifted his head from the kitchen table and smiled as he saw Kara walk into the room. “What are you doing up so early princess?” he asked as he put the paper down.

 

Kara smiled as she heard that. Her father and JC were the only two she ever heard call her princess. It made her feel special. “Just wasn't too tired any more and I know mom is going to be up in an hour and need my help.”

 

David knew Kara better then she knew herself. “Bull shit, have a seat you want some coffee?”

 

“Do you need to ask dad?” Kara said as she laughed a little bit.

 

David brought her a cup of coffee and saw the look on her face. He knew what was coming. “So how was the rest of your night. I have to say that singer JC brought here was amazing. Your cousins were going bonkers when he showed up to the house last night.”

 

Kara smiled as she took a sip of her coffee. She the smiled, “It was a shock to me. Josh worked with him a few months ago on his new album and well they are good friends. I told JC when we started dating I loved his music and would love to see him play live. I just never thought that he would go that far to have a live concert for our families.” Kara said.

 

“He asked us if he could a week ago. He called and talked to your mother. You know how hard it was for her to keep from screaming that around the neighborhood Kar?” her father said smiling.

 

“I could bet.” Kara said smiling.

 

Dave saw the look on her face. He was so happy to see his daughter this way. He knew what was coming. He felt it. “You really love JC don't you.”

 

Kara sighed as she looked at her father. “Daddy, I never thought I could meet someone who make me smile, and make me feel like....well ME.” she then said, “He um...he proposed to me last night.”

 

Dave shook his head and took a sip of his coffee. He then said, “And?”

 

“I said yes.” Kara said trying her best not to smile. She pulled her hand out and showed her father the ring on her finger. She looked at the 2.5 carat square cut diamond with baguettes on the side. It was beautiful. And sparkled with the sunlight coming in from the mile high windows.

 

David smiled as he looked at the ring and then to JC who gave “Shh” to Kara's father. David smiled and said, “Congratulations sweetheart. I am happy for you and I know you and Kara are going to be safe and cared for by JC.” He said then blurted, “He promised me that last night when he asked me if it was okay to become your husband.”

 

Kara sat there in shock. She then went and said, “He asked you? Thank god daddy I couldn't say yes if he didn't not like with Nate, I mean he had Carly and didn't ask you that drove me nuts. OH CRAP do you know if he asked Carly? Does the whole family know? Is that why they are all here for an engagement party? I...I...” Kara then saw JC from his shadow in the sunlight standing in he door way. She sheepishly turned around and said, “Hi baby.”

 

JC laughed as he went to her and kissed her forehead. “Good morning sweetie.” He said as he then shook his now soon to be father-in-law's hand. He wasn't surprised when he was pulled into a big hug.

 

“Good morning Josh, and congratulations.” Dave said.

 

Just then Margret, Liz and Kelly walked into the kitchen. They saw David and JC standing there smiles on their faces, and Kara sitting there trying her best not to smile.

 

“Morning.” she said simply as she picked up her coffee mug with her left hand...the hand that had a ring on her finger.

 

Liz knowing her sister better than anyone else looked at her hand. She then ran past her father, and jumped on Kara.

 

“You are engaged?!” Liz said as she looked at the ring on her sisters hand. She looked to JC and then to Kara and their parents.

 

“Yes, Liz. Josh proposed to me last night.” Kara said smiling sheepishly.

“HOLY SHIT!!!! BOUT TIME SHE FOUND MR. RIGHT!!” Liz pulled her sister into a big hug.

 

Liz's mouth woke everyone else in the house up as Joe, Breanne , the boys and well everyone was downstairs.

 

“What the hell is going on that you are screaming Liz?” Mark said holding both boys hands as he led the now half awake group into the kitchen.

 

Kara sighed dramatically but smiled as she got up and went to show off what her sister was yelling about.

 

“Hot dam!” Joey said as he looked at the ring. “That's a shiner there.” Joe said as he looked. He then pulled Kara in for a big hug as he said, “Welcome to the madness I hope you are ready for this.”

 

“Joey I have been dealing with My family whom is your family thought Kelly, as well as you hooligans for the past two years. He's easy to tame. I got this in the bag.” Kara said as she smiled up at JC who smiled back and kissed.

 

Carly never without her camera took pictures of everyone there. Her mother and father hugging JC and Kara, to her aunt Liz looking at the ring again. To JC and Kara together. Her stepmother and new stepfather. She smiled at how she knew he was going to make the both of them happy. Or he was going to try his best. She then smiled as now the rest of the crew was urging Carly to get in the pictuer and smile for the camera with her new stepfather.

 

 

 

After a toast of mimosas to the new couple minus the champagne, for the teens and little ones. Kara and JC walked back into the pool house to get ready to go over to NYC for their concert tonight. JC sat there as he looked at Kara smiling at her ring. He never seen her look so beautiful then he did see her at that moment. She was in simple pj bottoms and a tank top. Her ponytail messily put up but to him she was sexy.

 

And he was getting turned on by just how she looked. VERY turned on.

 

“Hey JC, what do you want me to pack for you to wear back here tonight?” Kara asked as she thought he was in the living room of the guest house. She then felt a pair on hands on her shoulders and jumped. “GOOD GOD Josh, you scared me sneaking up on your fiance' like that.” Kara said smiling up at him.

 

JC laughed a little as he said, “I'm sorry baby. I was watching you from the living room and just well saw how sexy you look right now.”

 

Kara looked back in his eyes and said, “Me? Sexy? Right now?” she then saw the look on his face and knew that look on him all too well.

 

“To answer those questions?” JC said as he went to her neck and said in a low tone before kissing her there, “Yes.” seeing how Kara started to melt he went to the other side and by her ear as he whispered the second answer hot breath on her earlobe, “Yes.”

 

Kara was in a fog as she felt JC's lips almost on hers as he answered again, “Yes,” Kara closed that gap in no time as she felt his lips on hers. She then smiled as she pulled away and sat on the edge of the bed. She pulled him in front of her and saw the bulge in his track pants and started to cup and play with him. She saw him look right down to her she smiled as she in one swift motion yanked his pants off him and let his erect and hard cock spring free right at her. She looked up at him as she began to play with the tip. While still looking up at him she licked the tip and slowly inch by inch started to suck on him.

 

JC didn't know what was making him hotter, watching Kara suck on his cock or watching Kara watch him. She knew how to do what she was doing and dam was she driving him insane. “Mmmm” was all JC could get out as he was enjoying the feeling of Kara's mouth and tongue doing things to his cock that he liked. And Kara knew how to do it without hesitation. It was one thing about their life they had nailed.

 

JC didn't want to be the one receiving and not give something so he pulled back and looked down at Kara, his fiance. His wife to be. “Lay back Kara.” he said.

Kara looked at him and started to strip but JC went to her ear again and said, “I got that baby, Just lay back, relax and let me do all the work.” JC kissed her neck as he eased Kara back on the bed. He moved to her mouth and gave a slow, deep, long, kiss. Full of passion, and want. He smiled as he heard Kara moan into the kiss. He pulled away and pulled her tank top over her head. He looked down and saw her in a lace bra. He cupped her one breast and played through the fabric. He went down to her ear and whispered in a tone he knew would turn her on. “Does this turn you on”

 

Does this turn me on?! Kara thought as she was in a world of intoxicating passion that only JC could do for her. She couldn't speak as she just shook her head yes.

 

JC smiled as he then kissed her again and began to trail kissed down her body. From her lips to her neck to the valley between her breasts, lower to her bottoms. He then tugged at them. He saw Kara's hips rise and he took the pants off leaving her in nothing but her lace panties and matching bra. He smiled as she looked up at him.

 

Kara couldn't take it any more she got up and kissed his lips. She then felt the bra being undone and tossed to the floor. She was then pushed back on the bed as she looked at JC again. He was inching his way down her body again. When she felt his mouth cover a nipple and suckle on it she almost lost her control. She felt JC stop and looked up at him as he looked at her while he started on the other nipple for a moment before going further.

 

If speaking through the sense of sight was a way of communicating, then JC knew he had Kara just by how their eyes were watching each other. Kara watched JC move his hands down her one leg and up to her center as he let one then two fingers easily glide into her center. He loved to watch her get turned on. What made it even more erotic and exciting for him was how he knew he turned her on.

 

JC smiled as he fingered Kara and played with her clit. Driving her completely insane with need and desire. “Someone is a little wet here.” He said as he went to her ear and kissed her neck.

 

“JC...don't tease me right now....I can't take it any more..i need you.” Kara said between pants as she looked into his eyes. She loved how he had a look of enjoyment. Knowing she was getting turned on more and more by his touches. She smiled as she took her hand and snaked it to his cock and began to stroke him the way she was being fingered.

 

That didn't last long as he moved away and kissed her body again. But this time he went from toes, to feet to one knee to the other knee to the top of her thighs and stopped as he moved between blowing cool air at her heated center. “How much would u hate me if I didn't just let my aching cock in to you right now?” JC asked as he let the tips of his fingers play with the outer folds of her center, causing her to shudder and moan.

 

“I would kill you.....I....Oh god!” Kara said as she felt his tongue go right where she wanted him to go. She let her whole lower half go off the bed and she nearly went insane.

 

JC looked up and enjoyed the show while he was licking at Kara's pussy and sucked at the clit. He could feel her getting close to an orgasm and he wanted that. He wanted to lap up what she had to offer. He kept going as he added two fingers and pumped hard and fast.

 

Kara moaned as she felt what she thought was the end all to be all orgasms washing over her. She took a pillow off the bed to let her screams come out. Just as she was letting the effects of that orgasm take over her she felt JC move between her and enter her in a slow aching pace. She looked up and smiled at the look on his face. She then felt him moving in and out and felt herself going yet again.

 

Kara liked making love to JC in any way, shape and form but this time she wanted to be in charge. She rolled over and in one swift movement with JC still in her she was now straddling him. She smiled down as she saw the look of shock on his face. She bent down and said in the best sexy voice she had ever heard come out of her mouth. “I want control right now.” Kara then sat up and began to ride JC's cock.

 

JC smiled up as he watched Kara take herself, and him to a place that only they could go. She was going slow and easy at first. He loved watching Kara make love to him. The way she would look down at him. Bend down to kiss his lips, the way she would guide his hands to the places she wanted to be touched and caressed. He smiled and moaned as Kara let her hips roll giving to enough friction and added pleasure that they both were looking for.

 

JC smiled as he moved his hands to her hips and helped pick up the pace. He felt Kara pick the pace up and he felt her center beginning to grip at his cock. He knew she was close because he was feeling himself ready to loose control too.

 

Kara looked down at JC as she was feeling her next orgasm wash over her. In a swift moment she went from being on top to being underneath JC and his power of making love to her. She closed her eyes as she felt her second orgasm coming to the surface. She then heard JC.

 

“Don't close your eyes on me Kara. Open them and let me see you come. Watch me come with you baby.” JC said as he furiously moved in and out of Kara. Feeling himself and Kara loose control.

 

Kara moaned and felt herself come as she also watch JC's face show his satisfaction as he came too. She then had one more orgasm as she looked at how JC's face looked while he climaxed and it took her over the top.

 

JC laid ontop of Kara for a moment as she gave his sweaty head kisses. He smiled up to her, and siad, “so how was that for ya?”

Kara laughed as she said, “words can't describe how I feel right now.” She felt him move off of her. She smiled as she laid there with him for a few minutes.

 

Just as Kara was about to say something she heard her phone go off. She then looked and saw a text from Johnny. She looked to JC as he saw the text. It said for either JC or Kara to call him

 

JC grabbed his phone and got off the bed pulled his boxers on and was on the phone. He sat there with Kara as she had a look of question on her face.

 

“JC what's up?” Johnny asked as he answered the phone

 

“You tell me Johnny, we aren't late are we?” JC said looking at the clock and gave a sigh of relief as he saw that they still had hours until they needed to be at the venue.

 

“No actually we have a little problem, Gloria canceled tonight, her daughter caught strep throat and she had to stay in Miami to take care of her. She can't sing with you guys tonight.” Johnny said.

 

Kara heard this and felt bad. She knew how hard the guys had been working to perform this song and how they wanted to sing “Music of My Heart” tonight at the concert.

 

JC sighed and said, “Can we find somone else on short term?” JC asked.

 

“Sorry Josh, we can't I have been looking for someone and nobody is available from Gloria herself, to even Britney. Everyone is booked.” Johnny said,

 

Kara hearing this got an idea and said, “JC, you don't have to ditch the song. I know someone who will sing.”

 

JC looked to Kara and saw and agreed with her without saying a word, “Johnny I think I have someone will be perfect for this song. And we don't have to fly her in, she's a local.”

 

“Who can you get to rehearse this song, get it down flat with you boys and be preped for the stage with in six hours.” Johnny said,

 

Kara smiled as she shook her head to JC. She knew how much this meant to the guys and she wanted to do this. For the guys and the guys alone.

 

JC then said, “My fiancee Kara. She can sing this.”

 

 

 

End Notes:

END NOTE:

Does Kara have a shot at singing with the guys or no. Will this be a make or break night for her?

 

Wait and find out

 

Thanks for reading and as always....REVIEW!!!

Chapter 21 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
okay i sort of had writers block during this chapter but i think all in all it came out well...at least i hope it did....enjoy.
 

Kara sat in the car on the way to the venue and started to have second thoughts. She didn't know how the audience was going to be when she sang with the group.

 

True the moment the guys all heard that she was singing the song with them they all jumped on her. Literally. She was in a huge N sync family hug that she couldn't get out of, even if she tried she didn't want to.

 

Carly was psyched to see her on stage. She had heard all the stories and even got to see tapes of Kara in her high school and college days singing and dancing. Carly knew she had to get in the pic pit tonight to get pictures of her on stage. She knew this was most likely going to be a once in a life time.

 

Now that Kara was at the venue she did her true job firs. She got all the guy's equipment ready for tonight. She ran over the list that she made for the venues to make sure that all the guys...minus Joey had everything they wanted or could need.

 

“Okay, Chris' pixy stix, check. Justin's water, tea, and snacks for after sound check....check. Lance's things...check. Josh's candy, check, his snack for tonight, check.” she was cut off by a pair of strong and familiar arms wrapping around her waist.

 

“A sexy assistant making sure her fiance` is happy” JC said as he turned Kara around so they were face to face. He smiled as she smiled back up and gave him a sweet kiss.

 

Kara laughed as she pulled away and said, “Check.”

 

JC smiled as he held her for a moment. “I got worried for a moment, Justin told me you'd be back here working.”

 

“Well, yeah. I still am the personal assistant to all you crazy men.” Kara said as she finished her check list and put her clip board down.

 

“True. But Johnny is here, he wants to see you for a moment.” JC said. He saw the look on Kara's face and saw nervousness. He smiled, “Don't worry baby, you've got this in the bag.”

 

Kara wiped her already sweaty palms on her jeans and took JC's hand. They walked to the stage and when Kara saw Johnny on the stage she froze.

 

“You okay sweetie?” JC became worried seeing Kara tun a shade paler than he'd like to see and then worry lined on her face.

 

Kara stayed there and said to JC, “I'm fine I just need a moment to pep talk myself. Its been way too long since I had to sing and I am a little more nervous than I want to be. Just...just tell Johnny I will be there in a moment. I love you baby.” Kara said.

 

JC smiled as he bent down to kiss her, “Take a minute collect yourself, ill tell Johnny that you were on a call or something, I gout your back baby.”

 

Kara smiled brightly, “How the hell did I strike gold when I met you.”

“You know I ask myself that all the dam time too,” JC said as he kissed her again, “I say it's fate.”

 

Kara smiled as she felt him walk away and smiled. She saw JC go to Johnny and she went behind the black curtian that blocked her from the guys view.

 

“what the hell is you problem, you got this in the bag, just go do what he wants you to do.” Kara had to give herself a fast pep talk. She took a deep breath and walked to where JC, Joey, and Johnny were standing.

 

Johnny smiled as he saw her walk towards them. “Hello my lovely Kara, how are you?”

 

Kara smiled, she was almost nervous to speak but in the last moment she found her voice and courage, “I am great Johnny. I must say my parents were thrilled to meet you last night. My dad is also very happy to help you out this year with the lighting, if you need him ever again, he's MORE then willing to help out. Direct quote from him, not me.”

 

“Well when I see your father later tonight I will make sure to tell him he's got two more tours, maybe three this year and he's gonna have some more lighting to do for some other event, from what I have heard.” Johnny picked up Kara's left hand and saw the ring on her finger. He smiled and went in and gave her a huge hug, “Congratulations, I am really happy for the two of you. Sad I lost 50 bucks to each of the guys. I had you two would have been married by now but I guess then knew it would take time for you both.”

 

Kara laughed as she said, “Thanks Johnny, it means a lot that you are happy.”

 

“So,” Johnny started as he looked at her, “I hear that you have a little secret you have kept from us, for two years.”

 

Kara shrugged, “I have no clue what you are talking about. That I had a thing for JC? Ha everyone knew that, we just needed to hold it to timing.” she smiled as she made the comment

 

That comment made her and Johnny more at ease, “No I mean the tape I got from your stepdaughter Carly, I gotta say, you got a set of vocal cords on you Kara.”

 

“She gave you my old demo?” Kara was shocked, she didn't know if she was gonna punish Carly for a month or hug her to death.

 

“Yes, Carly also gave me her pictures to give to whomever you want after the press conference for announcing your engagement. But I have to say the demo....blew my dam mind.” Johnny said.

 

Kara had blinked twice as she listened to his words. “It did?”

 

“Yes, Kara what the hell are you doing being an assistant and hiding that voice. It's amazing.” Johnny said

 

Kara said, “In all honesty, Johnny I was going to shop myself around when I moved to Orlando, but I realized I need to be with Carly too. If I could and can do what these guys, well mostly JC does, I would make an album in a moment. I have wanted that for so long.”

 

Johnny looked at her and said, “Sing tonight with the boys. I have a feeling we can make an agreement we all can be happy with. I will talk with you after the tour.” Johnny said, then said, “Oh can u sing for me just here and now?”

 

Kara smiled as she looked to the guys, seeing if someone can play the piano.

 

Joey said, “How bout if I play that one song you did the other night, for good? With JC.”

 

Kara shrugged her shoulders then looked to JC. He smiled as he went to grab two microphones. He handed one to her and smiled to Johnny as the piano started. “ready Johnny?”

 

Johnny stood there shook his head and started to listen. From the first time he heard her voice, on the tape he knew he had something there.”

 

 

 

SIX HOURS LATER::::SHOWTIME:::

 

Kara smiled as she looked out to the crowd and saw the audience enjoying the night. If any butterflies she had before were gone by now other than her usual first time back on stage ones. She knew she had HUGE shoes to fill.

 

Kara took another sip of water and looked at the set list, right now she could hear Chris on stage doing his song. Next was Justin doing one of his songs then the JC went out with Lance and they did their little speech then they would start singing “Music of My Heart.”

 

“Kara, you ready?” Justin went looking for her. He smiled when he saw her walk towards him and smile a little bit.

 

“As ready as I'll ever be.” Kara smiled trying her best to get her anxiety down to a minimum. She saw Justin smile at her.

 

“Hey no worries, you got this.” Justin said.

 

“I know...where is Carly, my family...” Kara was trying her best to take her mind of the fact that in less five minutes she was going on stage to sing.

 

“Your family is with JC's family who are all in the Club box, Carly is in her spot in the pit taking tons of pictures with Johnathan, helping her,” Justin said then added, “He's got a thing for your girl.”

 

Kara smiled at the thought and said, “Vice versa, but in all honesty, he's just what she needed this summer.”

 

“Well don't tell her but he's not leaving in three weeks” Justin said as he got to his mark to walk out on stage.

 

“What?” Kara said as she grabbed her in ear monitor and mic.

 

“See I got you to be less nervous we will talk later. Kill the song with us Kar!”

She was bout to say something when she heard Chris and JC start to talk. “How's New York feeling tonight?!” Chris said as the noice went up about 50 decibels. Chris smiled, “Wow. Well I gotta say you guys here tonight lets us know that getting back together this summer was the best thing we could have done. We are so thrilled to be here tonight.”

 

JC smiled as he looked to the side of the stage. This was part of the act they all knew about. JC had sent out a press release earlier that day announcing that he and Kara were engaged. Chris smacked him and he said, “WHAT?” he said

 

“Dude, stop staring at your soon to be wife there. And help me?”

 

“Oh sorry dude, uh...we are going to do a song that means more than the world to us. Now we were supposed to have the original singer come tonight but she was away and could not be here.”

 

The boos, made Kara a little more nervous as she looked at JC who winked, Chris kept going, “It's okay cus we found a singer in somone who we never thought had a voice. Please give her a chance when she comes out as we sing.”

 

Just then the band began to play and the crowd started to roar. Kara felt the energy, like she used to feel when she would during her hay day when she was in college doing plays and singing for the hell of it at competitions all the time.

 

You'll never know
What you've done for me
What your faith in me
Has done for my soul...

Kara felt the butterflies as she heard Justin singing. She saw Carly in the pit as they made eye contatc and she gave her a “thumbs up” for encouragement.


You'll never know
The gift you've given me..
I'll carry it with me (yeah...yeah...)


Through the days ahead
I think of days before
You made me hope for something better (yes you did)
And made me reach for something more

Kara closed her eyes as she did whenever she listened to this song in the past and let JC's voice calm her. She then opened her eyes. She heard them sing the chorus and got herself ready to start walking out.


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes

You've opened the door
To something I've never known before
And your love...
(love)
Is the music of my heart.. (music of my heart)

“Ladies and Gentlemen, JC's fiance....THE FUTURE MISS KARA CHASEZ.” Joey yelled to the crowd that started to roar as Kara walked out and started to sing


You were the one
Always on my side (always on my side)
Always standing by (always standing by)
Seeing me through

You were the song that always made me sing
I'm singing this for you (singing this for you baby)

Kara ended up near JC and Justin as she was singing and as she let the words come from within her she let her nerves and fears be melted away and was replaced with the adrenaline the guys always got after a show and she took the ride.


Everywhere I go
I think of where I've been (think of where I've been)
And of the one who knew me better
Than anyone ever will again

Carly watched her stepmother with pure pride as she saw her wink at her from her spot on the stage. Calry stopped taking pictures for a moment and felt her eyes well up with tears. Not tears of sadness but tears of joy. The joy she saw in Kara's eyes made Carly happier then ever.


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (you opened the door)
To something I've never known before...
And your love...(your love)
Is the music of my heart

Kara walked back to center stage with JC as they sang the next part smiling with each other and let the emotion of the song and their voices take the whole song over.


What you taught me
Only your love could ever teach me
You got through when no one could reach me
Ohh...ohh...ohh


Cause you always saw in me
All the best that I could be
It was you who set me free...

The music stopped as the whole group with Kara sang the next few lines acapella, the crowd went wild as all six people on stage sang in perfect harmony.


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart

Kara smiled as she walked around the stage singing and just loved every moment. She looked back to JC as he smiled at her walking, singing and feeding the crowd the energy she was getting from them.

 


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart (music of my heart)
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (opened the door)
To something I've never known before (never, never, felt before)
And your love...
Is the music of my heart..

Kara and the guys all gathered to center stage as the song was coming to an end. Kara was smiling as she finished the song with the guys.


Music of my heart
Music of my heart
Is the music of my heart.
..

JC smiled as he saw Kara wave one more time to the crowd and then walked off stage with everyone. When they all got back stage he scooped Kara up in his arms and kissed her again.

 

“So?” he asked as he looked at her. He knew that look all to well it was the same he had after their first performance. It was pure pride and the thrill of the crowd . He knew she wasn't going to do this all the time but he knew he pulled something out of her she needed to do for a long time.

 

“I love you Josh.” Kara said as she heard her name being chanted. She walked back out on stage and bowed with the group again. She loved the feeling of the stage. But knew she had a lot to thing and talk about with her family and most importantly, JC.

 

She knew she wanted to do this but she had to find a way to get to do this on her terms and her way.

But was that going to be possible? Only time and a meeting with Johnny would tell.

 

 

Later that night she sat at the piano in the guest house. She couldn't sleep from the high she was still on and from the questions she had in her head.

 

JC saw Kara sitting on the bench of the piano and he knew she was confused and nervous. He knew it all to well he went to her and said, “Penny for a pretty girls thoughts.'

 

Kara looked at JC, she sighed, “I am just thinking, JC I love you and I love what you do. Shit I loved being out on that stage tonight, but...I...I'd rather just....well” Kara was cut off by JC hugging her.

 

His hug told her what she needed to hear, but he said it anyways, “Baby, if you don't wanna do this then don't you can do whatever you want. I will NEVER get angry at you for doing what YOU want to do.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “Well I love to sing but I'd rather keep it to the people that mean close to me. That would be, my family, close friends, and most importantly...you and me...but.”

 

JC smiled as he said, “But?”

 

Kara breathed in deep then said, “I want to make one album....just one...duets with mostly you and the guys...i want it to be released as a band album for you all. It will be like a one hit wonder for me while it will be a best ever for all. If I make this I want to have freedom to pick, songs and write. And I want the album to drop silently.”

 

JC looked to her and smiled, “Like a shhh...this came out on the sly and if people get it they do...if not no biggie you did it on your own terms.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “yes.”

 

JC smiled as he said, “I love that idea. We will talk bout it tomorrow, but right now...” JC said as he picked Kara up and carried her to the bedroom. She was squealing and laughing as he did so.

 

JC smiled down at Kara, he went in for what was supposed to be a fast kiss but turned into a slow, deep kiss. When he pulled away he said, “I love you Kara.”

 

Kara smiled up as she kissed JC again ans said, “I love you too, and thank you for giving me the best time I ever had.”

 

JC said, “Just wait sweetheart there are more best days to come....just wait and see.”

 

Kara smiled as she flipped the two of them over and was straddling him now taking her top off. She then said, “Why wait. Show me a little something now.”

 

JC smiled as he flipped her over and kissed her. He let his kiss, hands and body do the showing as he said, “your wish is my command sweet baby.”

 

 

 

End Notes:

song credit.....music of my heart:: nsync and gloria estefan  :) always has been one of my favorites and always will be

 

Next up: Carly's Party....DC....and....Kara begins to feel as if she's not good enough...after one encounter during their stay in DC.

 

Review please...i know this might not have been my best but I like how it turned out...writers block kills at times.

Chapter 22 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

I promise I will get better I had the worst time with this dam chapter...it is what it is and I can't figure a better way to write it....next one will be better promise

 

 

 

JC woke the next morning sensing someone watching him sleep. Sure enough he saw Kara standing in the door way staring at him. He took a breath in though his nose and smelled the sent of coffee. He smiled at the smell because any hotel that had coffee maker Kara was always the first one to get coffee made in the morning.

 

“I hope you have enough in that pot for me when I get out of this bed my sexy fiance?” JC said as he laid his head back on the pillow.

 

Kara smiled as she heard him say fiance`. “Of course I do. Made by yours truly. Who else do you think made the coffee this morning?” Kara said as she walked back to the counter across the way. She walked back to the bed and brought a cup to JC and set it on the night stand next to her mug.

 

JC smiled as he took the cup she had set for him and he took a fast sip. There were these times in the morning he loved with Kara and it was something he could get used to. Okay he knew it would not happen all the time but he knew when it did it would be awesome and sacred.

 

“Ahh the way I love it. Cream and nothing else.” JC said.

 

“I have been getting you coffee for close to three years I should know the whole groups by now.” Kara said while he put her cup on the nightstand next to his and pulled her back into bed.

 

“What was my beautiful wife to be doing up early?” he said kissing her forehead.

 

 

“I had to finish some last minute things for Carly's party today, I needed to get a few things that Justin requested, as well as Chris and I was just goofing around on the internet for a moment. “

 

JC smiled, “What were you looking at sweetheart.”

 

“Stuff,” Kara said simply

 

JC smiled and said, “Be a little more specific.”

 

“Ugh, I was looking at wedding things.” Kara said as she looked at him thinking he was going to get annoyed..

 

JC smiled as he saw her face. He kissed her softly and said, “You know it's okay to look at that stuff. And I am glad you admitted to looking because....” he then kissed her softly to let her know that it was good to know they were on the same page with the wedding, and some how nervous to want to plan or let the other know what they had in mind.

 

Kara smiled as she then said, “Yeah I saw the favorite places and saw location weddings. I know I haven't looked yet, and Carly's got her laptop with her in the main house, so that left me with a short list of people who would look at “wedding” things.”

 

JC's face took a shade of pink as he blushed at getting caught looking. He smiled as he said, “So, what did you look at?” JC smiled as he patted the mattress and made room for Kara to snuggle up next to him. He looked at her night wear....and oversized Yankees tee she cut the neck and sleeves off of and the one side hung off the shoulder the bottom of the shirt hit high up on her thigh. He was turned on by the way she looked, and about how she was planning their wedding.

 

Kara settled back into JC's arms. She then thought about what she wanted her wedding to be like. “I a small wedding, just our immediate families, and their kids, as the ring boys of course.” Kara said

 

“Of course,” JC said as he moved on top of her giving her a slow long deep kiss trying to tell her and let her body know that he was turned on. “tell me more,”

 

Kara smiled as she started talking, “I would like it on a beach in Hawaii, at sunset, me in a cream or white simple dress...the girls in a turquoise color to match the color of the ocean water that's in the background, with the colors of pink, orange settling in...” Kara felt JC's lips on her neck and his hands moving up and down on her legs as she was talking. It was getting harder to concentrate on wedding details with the feel of his erection on her inner thigh, and his lips and hands making her weak.

 

“Tell me more, how I'd look down the isle, and other things.” JC said as he lifted Kara's shirt over her head and threw it on the floor.

 

“Josh,” Kara said in a light moan she then said, “I can't while you are doing this to me.”

 

JC moved up to the nape on her neck licking it then kissing it right by her ear and said, “What am I doing to you.” he then kissed her in the spot that got her weak.

 

“Ugh, you are making weak.” Kara said as she felt JC remove his pants and move himself to get near her now opened legs as he eased near her. His hard cock near her wet center. She moved as she knew he was teasing her. She knew he knew it too. It was driving her insane. But in a good way.

 

JC smiled as he supported himself with his arms and smiled down at Kara. He loved seeing her in this state. He then moved a little more going right at the opening and pulled away. He then went to her ear, “I know you want me, tell me a little more.” He said.

 

Kara then moaned and said, “you are on the beach, in linen pants and a linen shirt. Flip flops standing there with the guys smiling back at me. You see me, not me in my dress you see me. I see you smiling back at me. The ceremony is one of beauty and love that is shared by both families.” Just as she finished the last sentence she felt JC enter into her and she exhaled a mix of a sigh and moan at the felling of him inside of her.

 

JC smiled as he stayed inside her like that and then asked, “what about that night? You know the night that we make love as husband and wife? What is your fantasy about that night.” He started moving inside her in a slow and hypnotic way that only he could do.

 

Kara moved so that she was now straddled on top of him and moved slower then he did while he was on top. She then moved to his ear and said, “Sweet Josh, that will be the night that all of our fantasies and dreams come true.”

 

“Every one?” JC said as he saw her on top of him moving and making him lose his mind.

 

“Every one.”

 

“Even having something be created. I want that with you Kara.” JC said as he flipped her over so she was on her back looking at him.

 

Kara didn't know he wanted that too. She had been scared to ask bout children. She felt a new set of nerves and she got a look on her face of worry. She stopped him mid thrust still inside her and asked, “Y-you want children too?”

 

JC looked at her, he never let her know for sure until that moment. “Kara, If I could have a baby with you yesterday I would have, I see us making a family,” JC said as he started moving again in side her. “i want that so much with you.”

 

Kara smiled as she felt him moving again. Never had she heard Nate say he wanted a family with her. She looked at JC and said, “I want that too Josh, with nobody else but you and you alone.”

 

JC bent down and picked up the pace. Moving in a way that he knew made Kara mad with desire and passion. He asked then, “How soon til you wanna marry me.”

 

 

Kara laughed and moaned as she said, “Josh not now...ill tell you when I am.....oh god!”

 

“You wanna come? Am I getting you close?” JC said panting and thrusting into her, knowing she was close.

 

“Jesus god Josh, yes!” she said as he slowed down. She groaned at the way he was drawing out her release but she wasn't bout to complain. She smiled up at him and flipped them over again riding him. She saw him sit up to kiss her breast and she covered them and shoved him lightly back down to the bed. “You want to know the date?” she stopped smiling down at him knowing she was flipping the script.

 

JC saw her move off of his cock and slide down her mouth and tongue now licking her and he smiled back and said, “Yes I do.”

 

JC smiled as he flipped her over. He then said, “Come for me baby and ill tell you.”

 

Kara moaned as he moved in her in a way that made her lose all control. She smiled as she felt and heard JC come along with her. She felt him move on top of her and was breathing heavily. She laughed as she said, “that was a first and last.”

 

“What was?” JC said as he looked up to her.

 

“Wedding Planning that way. I...just WOW!” Kara said.

 

“I was turned on by your little get up here and getting caught looking at the wedding stuff got me turned on, then you started explaining what I thought bout too and well it just got me going.” JC said,

 

Kara laughed then she asked him, “So what date were you thinking bout.”

 

“How does December 30th sound? I figured we can do Christmas eve with my family, fly here on eve to do Christmas day, Then have a combined Christmas with both families the day after, we get a flight on the 27th to Hawaii, then three days later, at sunset, we say our I do's. Then we can spend the other four days there on a honeymoon and be back by the time Carly has to start her next half of her school year.”

 

“You have put thought into this.” Kara said. She loved the idea that he wanted part of making the plans. She got nervous, four months to plan a wedding was not a lot.

 

“I know you are worried bout planning and all but not to worry, we can hire someone to plan it and all. Please I want to do this with you as well as keep you at ease with planning it.” JC said

 

Kara thought about it for a moment. She smiled slightly as she then said, “So long you are a part of the planning too. I don't want to be the only one making all these decisions and then in the end you are hating every fucking thing I decided. And no yes dear. Please try to find some way to look help, give your ideas and all, deal?”

 

JC smiled as he gave her a fast peck on the lips. “That's a deal sexy. Now come on you gotta party to get set up.”

 

 

 

 

 

It was after three, and the finishing touches for Carly's and as she said it “sensational 17th birthday were being made. Kara had walked around the backyard making sure that every detail was correct. In the one corner of the backyard there was the DJ setting up his equipment, in the garage the food was going to be set up. There were tables around the backyard set up with tree balloons in Carly's favorite colors of turquoise blue, purple and black with silver streamers. Up by the patio walkway that led to the lawn there was an arch of balloons in the same colors. Kara smiled as she watched on.

 

Chris, Joey and Justin walked out to the backyard and looked around. Chris gave a low whistle and said, “Wow...this looks great Kara.”

 

“Thanks Chris.” Kara felt good at how it was turning out.

 

“Wow and to just think you planned this in how many days?” Joey said.

 

“Three weeks. Carly, gave me details of what she would like I made some calls and well this is the outcome.” Kara said looking around

 

“Joey come on, this is out woman, Kara, you could give her something to plan in less than 24 hours and she do it with time to spare.” Justin said as he put and arm around her shoulder.

 

Carly walked out and smiled. “Kara, this is AWESOME!! I love it so much.”

 

Kara looked back and smiled. “Well you asked and I got what I could get.”

 

“Thank you!” Carly said giving her a hug. She pulled away and said, “Okay outfit approval. Good?”

Kara smiled. She looked at the outfit that Kara's mother and sister went out with her earlier that day to get. She was dressed in a Turquoise and purple shirt that had one strap and the other shoulder was bare. It went to her knees and was cut in a half slant. (if that sound right). She was in a pair of Black leggings and a pair of black flip flops. Her hair was in a ponytail and she smiled with an appropriate amount of make up.

 

Kara was impressed with how Carly would look like a young adult no matter where she was going. She never looked like a trashy teenager and she ALWAYS showed respect and asked Kara if she looked appropriate. She was in no way like her real mother was and Kara always thought she had some part in how she brought Carly up to be a classy, but still very stylish young woman.

 

Kara was about to approve her outfit but she heard someone else, “You look very lovely young lady.”

 

Carly smiled as she saw JC come from behind Kara and said, “Thanks C! Knowing I have YOUR approval makes me feel so much better.'

 

Kara smiled as she went to Carly, cute smart one, and you do look beautiful. So yes you get my approval.”

 

“Hey uh, Kara you know people are gonna be here by four and you have only,” Lance looked at his watch. Then said, “35 minutes to get ready?”

 

Kara looked down at her watch and said, “No problem, hey Lane, can you make sure that everything is set here I gotta shower and get ready.”

 

“No problem Kara, take your time. Relax,” Lance said as he watched Kara walk to the guest house.

 

“Ten bucks she ain't ready in 35 minutes.” Justin said right out loud.

 

Carly laughed, “Ha I raise it to 50 and I bet she looks amazing like always.”

 

Justin looked at her dead serious, “Put your money where your mouth is Birthday Girl.”

 

“I'm with the birthday girl, you don't know how fast that woman can get ready.” Joey said slapping 50 on the table.

 

“She's a woman, she has no sense of time when it comes to getting ready.” Justin said. He saw all the guys standing there.

 

“Okay smart ass pop-star, all of us here will bet you fifty each she will be ready by,” Carly looked for a watch and pulled on Chris' arm and looked at his watch and dropped his arm. “4:10 that's thirty minutes from now. And I mean ready, make-up hair and the whole shebang. If we win you pay us each 50 if we loose we gotta pay you 50.”

 

Justin smiled as he saw all the guys throw 50 each as well as Carly on the table. He smiled as he put 200 on the table, and said, “Thanks for the free money kids.”

 

JC smiled as he threw his hands up and said, “I'm outta this one but I will go officiate and see how she's doing.”

JC walked into the bedroom of the guest house and smiled. He saw Kara just slipping her dress on and walking back to the bathroom. She was ahead of schedule. He smiled as he said, “Hey beat that clock miss thing, Carly, Joey Chris and Lance are looking at 50 a pop against Justin saying you can get ready and make it look good.”

 

Two minutes later Kara walked out of the bathroom and smiled at JC. She was dressed in a simple strapless black linen blend dress. She had on a pair of simple silver flip flops her hair was up in a clip with wisps of hair falling all around her face. Her make up looked easy and classy as she just put a touch on.

 

“So who lost 200 bucks on my ass?” Kara said as she walked to where JC was standing.

 

“Justin did and I gotta say, you as always...look stunning.” JC smiled as he kissed her on the cheek. He pulled away and said, “Ready to party?”

 

 

 

 

The party that night went off without a problem. Everyone in the family as well as friends and some of the crew members that stayed behind for the break were there. The food was amazing the DJ played a great mix of music from classic rock that Kara and JC's parents were dancing to, right up to the newest music that was on the radio.

 

Carly was a gracious guest of honor floating around the backyard being the happy birthday girl. Greeting family with hugs and smiling as she spoke to everyone that was there.

 

Carly smiled brightly as she saw her birthday cake come out and heard the family all sing happy birthday with the guys, JC and Kara standing close to her smiling and seeing her take all the party had to offer in.

 

“Thank you everyone for coming to my party!” Carly said to everyone there.

 

“PRESENTS TIME!!!” Chris yelled as he ran.

 

“Not til later Chris!” Carly said,

 

“Well just us six up here okay please?” Chris asked as he sat her down in a chair.

 

“Geez Kirkpatrick you are one hyper forty year old.” Carly said trying her best not to laugh...but failed miserably.

 

Carly opened his gift and smiled as she got a new Camera bag as well as some film, data cards. She also got a gift certificate to the Photo place that was close to her house for a year full of free photos on his dime. “Thanks short stuff.” Carly said smiling at him

 

Next was Justin's gift he got her a gift card with an obscene amount of money plus the 50 she won from the bet they had made on her stepmother. “Oh and Johnathan got you this,” as he pulled out a Tiffany link bracelet that had a hear on it was her name Carly engraved. She smiled as she went to Justin and kissed his cheek then went to Johnathan and kissed his and got a ton of catcalls.

“Easy there Killer that's my daughter there.” Kara said as she saw Johnathan's face turn bright red. She loved to jab the two of them and get them all embarrassed. It was just too cute and too much fun!

 

Next was Bre, Joey and Kelly's gift. They all got Carly more photography items and a brand new portfolio case with her name engraved on the front in blue and purple.

 

Next was Kara's gift. To much of her debating on whether or not she was going to do this, she caved. She handed Carly a book. Well a brochure, for a car. For many cars.

 

“When we get back to Florida we are going to get you a deal on a nice and REASONABLE new car, with the knowledge that you will pay for part of the insurance...deal?” Kara said

 

Carly jumped to her feet as she attacked Kara with a huge hug and said, “DEAL!”

 

JC was the last one that was to give her a gift. He smiled as she sat back down and he spoke to her. “I hope you know I am too gonna be there with Kara when you pick out a car.” he said

 

Carly smiled as she said, “Of course, C”

 

“Well I gotta say happy birthday to a young woman that I have gotten to know over the past three years. Carly, you are a strong beautiful lively girl. I have gotten to know you over this time frame and gotten to see how you have grown from a timid shy and scared girl into a mature, fun classy girl. You have a lot of love here around you. You do know that right?”

 

Carly not too sure where he was going shook her head, she turned to Kara. Kara smiled back and went to JC's side and held his hand.

 

“Carly, I thank you for letting me also get to finally meet your mother and giving me the chance to fall in love with her. Thank you for also giving me the blessing along with your grandfather to be able to marry her. I can tell you that I give me joy to know I got you and her to love for the rest of my life.”

 

JC took a breath and then went on. “I know that you and I have a bond that no other person in this room will ever be able to share. We both know what its like to live in fear of having a family to have love them back and support them. We both then saw families that took us in as their own and said without words that we were a part of their family. Carly I have been talking to Kara and we both agree that even though I can't and never want to take the place of your father and I never want to but I want to ...well here, I got this sent to me last night.”

 

Carly looked at the letter and felt tears well up in here eyes. She choked out, “I can't read it can someone else?”

 

Chris went to Kara and took the letter he too being a little misty eyed read the letter:

 

“Dear, Mr Chasez,

 

I am happy to inform you that you are done with the first part of the proceedings in the joint adoption with Mrs, Kara Giangola-Evans soon to be Mrs Kara Chasez, of Carly Evans. Please note you have 90 days to object to this as does, the child in question. If they object to this adoption please notify us as soon as possible.

Sincere, Joann Harding, Social worker family court state of Florida.

 

JC went to Carly as he asked,”What do you say to having me as a Father?”

 

 

Carly smiled as she felt the tears fall from her face and said, “Yes, I love you so much Josh.”

 

Jc smiled as he heard everyone around him sigh and cheer and clap. He grabbed Kara as he looked to his new family.

 

Carly looked to the sky and said up to the stars, “Thank you daddy, I now know I am not alone.”

 

 

 

End Notes:

END NOTE: okay It took me a long time to get this to where it was..might be weak but I couldn't help with the ending....i cried writing it and it just fits the story so well

 

I have the next chapter typing up and I'm working on getting it up soon.

 

Review PLEASE I LOVE TO HEAR WHAT IS SAID :)

Chapter 23 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

sorry for the long pause with this story...life got hectic...but it's back and here is the next chapter and i am in the process of finishing up the next one

NOT my best again but better than nothing  

To say that the past two weeks had flown by would be a joke. Kara felt as if they had just gotten there two days ago and, now it was time to go back on the road with the crew. She enjoyed the time she had spent with her family. She knew she was going to see them for the closing show in Orlando in less than three weeks but even at that, she was going to miss them. Hell, she was going to miss JC's parents too.


“Kara baby, you in here?” JC called out as he was on the search for her. He had a feeling he would find her back in the guest house they had called home for the past two weeks.


“Back here.” Kara said as she wiped the single tear she felt fall to her cheek. She was trying her best to not show that she was a little sad.


“Hey,” JC said as he saw her standing in the bed room. He saw the tears threaten to spill on Kara's eyes and knew. He went to her with open arms and said, “Need a hug sweetie.”


Kara smiled slightly and went right into his open arms that were awaiting her. She sighed and said, “Forgive me sweetie, I always get weepy when I leave here.”


“Hey I know how it feels, you saw me the day we left Chicago and meeting my parents, I was all quiet and silent. You knew then that it was because I missed them like all hell. Hell I am gonna miss both your parents AND mine this time round. But know this, we will see them very soon, okay?”


Kara nodded her head, “Carly told you I was most likely in here getting a little sad right?”


JC just stood there and pulled her in to a tight hug. He held her as he felt her relax. “Baby, you are gonna see both parents in a little over two weeks, plus your mom, my mom, and all girls will be doing wedding shopping stuff...by the time they are there for two days you might want to scream.”


Kara laughed, “Eh you might be right, just I hate having to leave them. Hey look at it this way while I get to shop you are going to be moving one house into your house. With my father...and your father. I know your dad might be easy to take but my dad can be a little bit of a pain.”


JC sighed, “True, but that's where the others come in.”


Kara laughed, “Ha, yeah okay. You got Justin who will complain bout having to help, Chris who is going to play pranks on everyone, and then the only two that I know will help you out. Lance and Joey.”


JC looked at her, “Dam, even my fiance` knows my friends all too well.”


“Aw baby don't worry you still have Tyler to help too,” Kara said.


JC bent down and kissed Kara, “See we got each other not missing our parents already.”


“Eh, I will miss them a little less.” Kara said smiling up.


Carly smiled as she looked at the two. Then made her usual, “Ugh you guys are so lovey dove gross.”


“Would you rather us be nasty evil and fighting?” Kara said.


“No...not at all.” Carly said.


“What's up? Johnny here yet?” JC asked


“Yeah, and Kara he just got a call something about the hotel not getting the reservations for the crew and all?” Carly said,


Kara looked. Wait a minute I was on the phone all day yesterday making sure that everything was set for this week and they said yes. I faxed all this information to them and to the intern yesterday to make sure they finalized...” Kara stopped what she was saying and went to her phone...she hit speed dial and heard, the new intern on the phone, “Macy it's Kara, tell me you called the hotel and finalized...wait what do you mean you forgot...I CALLED THREE TIMES YESTERDAY AND ASKED YOU SAID IT WAS BEING TAKEN CARE OF...The faxes and emails all said this was URGENT!!” Kara asked JC for her bag along with the hotel information and he handed it to her.


Just at that time Johnny came in and saw Kara on the phone he heard her outside starting to scream at someone, “Hey C, what's up with wonder woman.”


“Well if I am hearing right the intern that is at the WEG building didn't lock in the reservations for DC and there is now a snag that they don't have all 300 rooms for us tonight.” JC said as he heard Kara groan loud he went on, “And Kara is about to blow up.”


“Who was supposed to call the hotel?” Johnny asked watching Kara grab her folder that had DC visit on it.


Carly said, “That moron Twinkies for brains Macy. Johnny I called her while on the road in Chicago and she didn't know who I was. She thought I was another fan trying to score tickets or something...it took Justin AND sir Lance-a-lot to get her to understand who the hell I was.”


Johnny went to Kara. He saw her eyes go wide and get nervous. He put his hand out as she was on the phone. He heard Kara say, “Macy, someone is in front of me that wants to talk to you...no IT'S NOT ONE OF THE GUYS!...Just....HERE.” Kara passed Johnny the phone as she looked at the laptop in front of her and grabbed the phone number for the hotel. She looked to Johnny who was now talking sharp but quietly to Macy. She only heard his end of the conversation but sna.pped out of it in less than a second as she had bigger things to deal with. “Carly, I need your cell for a few.”



Carly handed her stepmother the cell phone. She loved to see Kara spring into action and take matters that someone screwed up and make it all better. She was never like that when it came to being around her father. She smiled as she went to JC and stood next to him and Justin, where Justin was completely amazed by how Kara was getting to the bottom of all problems and getting to them as fast as possible.


“Yes...okay so you didn't cancel out the rooms? Okay what time can they be ready?...we are leaving here..hold on,” Kara turned to JC


JC smiled and looked at her and said, “We are leaving at 12:00 noon today.”


Kara laughed and said, “We are leaving at 12:30...this afternoon...and if I am correct we are going to take a fast rest stop in Delaware...Yes figure we will be checking in no later than 7pm tonight..right correct...what is your name again? Charles are you going to be there when we check in tonight so that I can know that all is taken care of and figured out? Perfect...yes we will see you tonight...thanks bye.” Kara shut the phone and smiled as she handed it to Carly. “Thanks missy.”


“No problem boss lady. Need I remind you that JC and Justin were totally turned on by the fact that you just took that disaster and fixed it in like what...how long was it Timberlake?” Carly asked


“First of all, no I wasn't that turned on I just liked how she took charge...reminded me of a girl I used to know. And second that whole disaster took less than 45 minutes to take care of, “ Justin said as he got to Carly he stood before her straight faced and said, “and as for you Carly, I'd watch where I sleep tonight...you never know...you never know.”



Twenty minutes later after a teary good bye to Kara's family and loading on the buses, yet not without a fun filled prank from Carly, they were on the road and Kara was just finishing with the last of the emails from the morning fiasco. She smiled as she saw JC walk into the TV room with their guest rider Johnny.


Just as Kara realxed and was ready to sign off her email accounts, Kara saw that she had an email in her personal account. One that only her friends and family only knew. She saw an unknown name but saw the subject. Curiosity got the best of her so she signed in.


FROM: UNKNOWN

TO: Kara1123

SUBJECT: WATCH YOUR BACK


I AM WATCHING YOU...YOU KNOW WHO I AM AND YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT. YOU WILL NOT FIND ME BUT I CAN GARUNTEE THAT I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT IS GOING ON...THAT YOU ARE NOW TAKING MY MAN FROM ME. KNOW THIS...I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN...I WILL HAVE HIM BACK...WATCH YOURSELF IN DC BITCH...AND YOUR SO-CALLED-DAUGHTER TOO.


ILL BE WATCHING.


FROM:


YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO BY NOW!



Kara saw this message and froze.


JC not missing a beat saw her face fall and went to her. He saw the message and got Johnny's attention right away.


Johnny not missing a beat looked at the message, and in a moment was out of the room with Kara's laptop as well as the security.



Kara sat as the guards all talked outside about security for her, Carly and extra for JC.  She was scared no doubt about that, but more for Carly then anyone else.  She didn’t want to show fear to anyone so she sat quietly. 

 

JC didn’t miss a beat of how Kara was acting about the email that was sent to her.  He knew who it was from and how she was trying to play it off.  But deep down, Kara was shocked, frightened and well just scared.  He sat next to her and touched her.  His thought on her being scared was confirmed when she jumped a little.


“Hey, you okay?” JC asked.


Kara couldn’t lie. Not to him at least.  She shook her head and felt the tears threaten to fall.   She didn’t want to talk so she just shook her head no. 


JC knowing how scary something like this is, pulled her to her feet and told the guards they were going to the bunk area.  He opened her bunk and let her in and then lay down next to her.  The minute he closed the drape he felt her arms go around him.  “Shh…you will be safe.  I promise you that.”  JC said.


“What the hell does she want from us?  I don’t understand.”  Kara cried.  She knew that something like this could happen.  Hell this nutcase did this before to JC when he was dating around.  She had seen it and knew she was crazy.  But to have her do this now, just was scary.  True she saw it coming back in LA but she didn’t expect it to be this fast.


“I wish I knew baby.  But I know this, we are going to have you and Carly protected until we can get a restraining order.  That is going on as of right now. I guarantee when we get to our stop, Johnny will be letting you know you are set and protected anywhere we go.  If she’s there she WILL and I mean WILL, be arrested on the spot.”  He felt Kara continue to cry.  He didn’t want her to feel powerless.  He thought of a song to sing to hum it…it was a song he knew pulled her out of crappy times before.


“When the rain falls down it/s the only way it gets better...when the rain is falling down…then I know I can make it through”  JC sang.


Kara looked to JC as he ended the little part of the song he sang, “You remember when u heard that?”  she asked.

JC looked down to her and gave her a small smile as he wiped away the tear that was falling from her eyes.  He said, “I do, I remember you telling me that song always helped you with Nate, and…it’s gonna help you through this,”  he then went on, “well that and me.”


Kara looked up at him and smiled a little, she kissed him.  When she pulled away she said, “I’m still scared.”


JC pulled her close to him and said, “I know, and it’s okay to be but, this will be over before you know it.”


Kara snuggled into him and sighed as she said, “I hope so.”


JC whispered, “It will.”


Only problem was he was hoping so too.


End Notes:

oooh....things dont look the way they seem...trust me on that...

I missed this story and im glad im getting it back to write bout it.

Review...please 

Chapter 24 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

well since its been a whle since i have updated i decided to go for a long chapter

i enjoyed writing this one...especially the end...well here you go enjoy

 

 

 


CHAPTER:


Later that night at the hotel:


To say this was a hard day on Kara would be a light statement.  Kara had to not only deal with the fiasco of the hotel almost screwing up their reservations, but she had to deal with the girl that was her temp at the WEG corporation, have some two bit twig bitch get her private email account, harass and threaten not only her but Carly as well, tell Carly that she now needed security with her anytime she left her room even if it was to go right across the hall to see Jonathan, (which thank fully Carly took rather well.)

She was supposed to go to the show tonight but she was so emotionally drained, thank god Kelly knew what was going on with the boys she took the reins and let Kara have the time to be alone. 

Alone.


One thing she really didn’t want to be but at the same time she did.  Granted she wasn’t all alone.  She got to have big Mike be there with her at the hotel.  Mike was good people in Kara’s eyes.  He knew she didn’t eat since before they left he mom’s house so he took the liberty of ordering pizza and having the Hotel Security bring it up to them. 

Kara was happy to see that he got food, but only if her nerves would let her eat.  Granted the was no way that bitch was going to get to her but she felt as if she was being watched now…her every move and where about was going to be seen by this…this…psycho.


Kara thanked Mike for the food and retreated to the bathroom to soak in the big bathtub.  She dug through her bag, found the salts, bubbles as well as her ipod with the mini stereo.  She set everything up, hit play on the ipod and soaked right into the tub. 


Of course the first song she heard she started to relax.  True she liked her pop to heavy rock music but tonight she set her ipod right to something she used to listen to after Nate had passed and she felt how she was feeling now.  She sighed and closed her eyes listening to the music. 


As she soaked in the tub she started to form words on her own. She didn't stay in the tub long as she got up and out. She got dressed in her favorite shorts, and a tank. She went to the living space and grabbed her notebook. She walked to the general living space looked for an acoustic guitar. She saw mike look at her as she walked to the door.


Kara never let anyone around her when she was writing a song. Not her parents, not her friends, hell even Carly and JC were not aloud around her. She wanted space but she didn't want to be in the room.


“Kara, what the...” but Big Mike was cut off.


“Mike you say a word and your Christmas bonus will not be pretty...i swear to you. I just..” kara was at a loss for words. She looked to Mike as he looked at her.


He did feel bad for Kara. Here she was going through what he has seen kill relationships in the past. Not this group but between working for the boys and way back when he was working as an extra security for some high profile people. He has seen how it affected wives more than it affected the men.


“ I know you don't want me around while you are hiding out writing but I can promise you this..” Mike started he saw Kara look at him. He smiled and continued on, “I can take you to the piano bar that just closed up and if it is clear and empty I will let you sit there and play...you can play the piano, guitar, sax what ever you want to do, but please don't go alone. I will sit outside and if I see C I will hide the fact that you are in there and that you need the alone time, its nothing against him, and you just wanted time to write and get your emotions out the best way that you know how.


Kara smiled as she hugged the big guy. “Thanks Mike.” It was the only thing she could say at this time.






::::::Two and a half hours later::::::::::

 

“JC relax, Kara could not have gone all that far.”  Justin was trying to get JC to calm down.

 

“You saw the note J.  How the hell am I to calm down when I see a note that says, ‘Josh I needed to get away, don’t worry I will be fine.”  JC said as he read the note back again for the fifth time.

 

“Josh I know Kara, she most likely needs to just breathe.  You see all that is happening around us?  Kara hates having to have people protect her.   She is an independent woman.  She likes to go and do what she wants when she wants. Now she has to have a bodyguard around her all the time and has to worry if that psychotic bitch of and ex of yours is gonna hurt her.  I know I’m not too keen on it but I know you and Johnny just want us to be safe so it is what it is.”  Carly stated.

 

JC looked and kept pacing the living area of the penthouse. 

 

“Hey C rememeber when we all had to have security around us at first when we were on tour.  How did you feel right off the bat?”  Joey asked.

 

JC stopped and thought.  “Honestly, it sucked.”

 

“And you if I remember complained and try to leave all the time.”  Chris said.

 

“True but we all hated it big time.” JC whined.

 

“Yeah but we got used to it.”  Lance said, “Kara will too.  She is just lost cus here she is stuck with not only someone watching her back to protect her but also here with someone trying to hurt her at the same time. “  Lance saw JC stop and said, “Shit if I were Kara I would walk away from it all. But I know her better than that.  SHE LOVES YOU for YOU, she knew what she was getting herself into when she started dating you and well who honestly knew Bobbi would turn out to still be psycho after all this time.  I sure as hell didn’t”

 

JC turned and saw all the guys, Kelly and Breanne shrug their shoulders.

 

Carly then saw that JC’s guitar was missing.  She then put two and two together.  “OH Dam.”

 

JC looked at Carly.  “What’s wrong.”

 

“I know where she is.  God I should have known for the past two hours now.  MAN I AM NOT THINKING.”  Carly said.

 

JC looked to her with a questionable look.  Carly rolled her eyes.  “Where is your guitar?” 

 

JC looked in the corner of the room and saw that it was missing. “There’s a Piano bar downstairs right?”  JC asked.

 

“And not to be mean and but in but isn’t Big Mike watching your woman.”  Lonnie asked.

 

JC smiled, hugged Carly and said, “Ill talk to her you have a layout to finish.”

 

“Yes dad.”   Carly said rolling her eyes.

 

JC laughed as he grabbed his keys and went down stairs.

 



At the piano bar

 

 

Kara sat at the piano with words on paper.  She had been down here for two hours now and nobody found her.  She liked that Big Mike stayed outside and left her alone and gave her space.

 

Space to write how she was feeling.  Space to let out her fears and sorrow.  Space to just get out what she was feeling.  She wasn’t feeling trapped and bogged down because of needing someone to protect her.  Hell she liked that JC wanted to make sure her and Carly were safe.   She didn’t want to leave, shit that would give free reign for Bobbi to come after her.  With everyone around her she knew she was protected.  No that wasn’t the problem

 

The problem was she felt as if Nathan, although dead was trying to stop her again.  What was he trying to stop.  He was trying to stop her from letting herself love and be loved.  In the past few years she would run from the man because of some stupid deream or some omen or something that was telling her that she was not to be happy or in love or with someone who can keep her happy.

 

She sat at the piano and started playing the notes she took two hours to create with the song she just wrote.  A song she felt now more than ever before.

 

I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself
Cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did,
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake
A smile, a laugh everyday of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

JC stood in the door way listening to Kara play this song and listen to the lyrics.  This was not just a song to Kara.  He knew it.  It was her stating to the world, to her past and whomever was blocking her of her own happiness that she was done.  He knew this was how she needed to let go.  He walked closer and listened as Kara played and sang on.


Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

 

Kara sat there tears falling down, feeling her fears fall away.  Well not completely away but this is what she knew worked well for her.  When she was young she would sing when she was scared, upset or just feeling she needed an escape.  That was what she was doing right now, singing to get away and feel better. She looked up as she finished the song and saw JC standing there by the piano watching her sing.  She knew he would find her.  He knew her better than Nate knew her, and he only had been with her for 4 months.  Granted she knew him for three years now but in these past months they got closer then it took her and Nate to get in almost 7 years.


I watched you die
I heard you cry every night in your sleep
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me
You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain
And now I cry in the middle of the night
For the same damn thing

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I try my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I didn't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I was ashamed of my life because it was empty
Because of you
I was afraid

 


Because of you
Because of you

 

 

JC stood behind her and put his hands on her shoulders and rubbed them lightly.  He felt her look up at her as she finished off the song and smiled at him.

 

“Hey.”  JC said as he looked at her.  He saw the tear stains and smile on her face at the same time.

 

“Took you long enough to figure out I was here.”  Kara said lightly laughing.

 

“Well, Carly was the one that pointed out my guitar was missing.  Then I knew we saw the piano bar here and it was closed tonight.  And well I saw big mike out front holding it.  He said you saw the piano and felt more at ease.  He didn’t want to leave the door so he has it next to him.”  Jc said as he saw Kara stand up.

 

Kara took a step towards him and let her arms go around his waist. She felt him hold her close and tight.  She smiled as she took a breath in and out.  “Thank you Josh.”

 

“Thank you…for what?”

 

Kara pulled away and kissed him and said, “for loving me.”

 

 

JC took Kara’s hand and walked with her out of the bar.  He smiled as they walked back to the elevator.  He then said to her. 

 

“By the way, new song  you wrote?” 

 

“Yes, well not really I started it two years ago when I was dating that guy from accounting, Mike?  I  told you how I pushed him and all the guys away from then on right?”  Kara asked

 

‘Yeah but I thought it was because you thought I was looking at you”  JC said trying to lighten the mood.

 

‘Ha ha,” Kara said as they walked into the room.  She looked into Carly’s room and saw her safe and sound asleep. She smiled as she hugged the guard tiny Lonnie and mike.

 

She then saw JC walk into their room and smiled.  She went on, “I realized while I was in here tonight that the reason I was never  allowed to be happy was cause until we went to the cemetery and I got that letter from him he was not going to let me be happy.  He still is up or down there trying to make my life hell because he is sad to see me let go.  And bobbi is doing the same to you and trying to scare me now”

 

JC knew the reason behind the last part of the song. “SO the second half of that song is telling everyone come get me because I’m not going to be afraid or I am not going to show you my fear.  Because of them you have been in fear of letting go and loving.”

 

Kara said, well yeah until I met you.  Shit the first time I met Bobbi if it was the old me I would have walked away from it all and Carly and I would be on the first flight back home.  But no I knew the minute you walked out there that you were with me and will be with me for the long haul.”  Kara said



JC was amazed at this woman standing in front of him. There she was standing by him. Standing strong. He took his fingers and hooked them in to the belt loops of Kara's jeans. He pulled her between his legs and looked up into her eyes. “I love you so much Kara.”


Kara bent down to his face as he cupped her chin. She gave him a kiss and pulled away. She didn't get too far as he pulled her down to the bed and laid her down on her back.


There were no words that were needed to be said. He kissed her again. He deepened the kiss and slowly pulled away. He wanted to make love to her but being the man he was he always wanted to make sure they were on even ground.


“W..We don't have to Kara...not if you don't wanna do this.” JC said looking down into her blue eyes.


Kara was always amazed at how he was so caring when it came down to having se-..well making love. He always wanted it to be on even grounds as it was the same for her.


She leaned up kissed him and rolled him on to his back. While there she removed the tee shirt she wore to reveal that she was not wearing a bra. Her breasts came to view to him as she straddled him. She leaned down and said, “Make love to me my sweet Josh.”


In that moment JC pulled her down and kissed her. As he was kissing her he felt her hands going to his shirt and pulling it up over her head. She laughed as she saw him getting caught trying to free himself from his shirt.


“Ha ha missy.” he said as he laid her down on the bed. He jumped up and removed his pants leaving him in his boxers tenting right at his very obvious erection. He stood there as he saw Kara remove her jeans leaving her in a pair of lace underwear. He stood there.


Kara looked at him as he stared. She giggled as she wiggled her index finger beckoning him to come to her.


JC smiled as he crawled to her on the bed. While crawling he started to kiss her body. First starting at the toes and kissing her body. Her knees then her thighs, to her belly, then stopping at her berasts to give each one equal attention. Playing and suckling on the nippled. As he went on he felt Kara's fingers raking through his hair and heard her moans, only fueling his want and need to be with her.


Kara moaned feeling every nerve on her body on edge as JC was kissing and touching her in paces that he and he alone knew how to touch. “God, JC you are killing me”



JC stopped as he went to his knees, as he did this he removed his underwear and hers at the same time. He smiled and said, “Hmm...wouldn't be a horrible way to die,” he then kissed her belly as her legs opened. He then said, “Oh well if im going to torture you with this sort of death I might as well make it worth your while.'


“Very funny smar-, OH DEAR GOD” Kara gasped as she felt him lick and suck on her clit. She felt him give light slow licks at first then start to suck on her a little harder. She was trying her best to not reach her orgasm but it was not working. She knew that he was trying to get her there and she didn't want to go alone.


JC picked his head up and said, “Come one Kara come for me now and i'll go with you in a moment, I promise, let me taste you.” JC went right back at her clit and startedg sucking again.


Kara was at a loss as she felt him enter two fingers pumping them. She didn't know how but she felt her self go and started reaching the high that JC and only JC could get her to. She moaned as she felt herself go at the power of his mouth letting him lick and suck up every last drop he was getting out of her.


As JC felt Kara's last quivers end he moved himself over her body and in one slow steady movement he entered her. He dipped his head to her neck and kissed it as he puled out and went back in the same way. He stayed at this rhythm for a little while loving the feel of Kara's center gripping him, and making him feel whole and safe.


Kara looked up to JC as he stared down at her, “I love you so much JC.”


JC smiled as he kept moving with her and said, “I love you too my sweet Kara, god you feel so”

Kara cut him off and said, “shh, just feel it cus I am feeling it too right now”


JC stared to feel her walls tighten around him. Knowing she was bout to have another orgasm he started to pick up his pace, going a little faster and harder.


Kara arched her back as he did this and moved her hips to match his thrusts in an out of her. She saw the look on his face knowing he wanted to release so bad, She pulled him down to his ear and said, “Let go for me baby I am there.”


That was all it took for him to let it all go. He thrusted fast as he felt Kara go, fueling him to come and let go with her. As soon as he was done he laid on top of her for a moment kissing her as they both came down from their high. He moved to his side but not without pulling Kara close to him.


As they fell asleep in each others arms. They both knew in that moment that no matter what was going to happen down the road, tonight, tomorrow and in the future they knew that they were there for each other.


And that made both of them feel like nothing could break what they have

End Notes:

song credit...."Because of you" by Kelly Clarkson..

 

the song fit the chapter i feel....what do you think  review and let me know  

 

interesting things are to happen....so keep looking...i will have someting up hopefully sooner then i had this one 

Chapter 25 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

i know i am a meanie and that i have not updated.  but here it is..

a few little surprises for everyone...here you go and enjoy 

TWO WEEKS LATER (THREE DAYS BEFORE FINAL SHOW IN ORLANDO)


JC smiled as he snuggled into the bed. He was happy to know that today he was on his way home. Granted they had a radio interview today and a show tonight but they were on a late flight home.


Home to Orlando.


To his house.


Best part about going to his house unlike the past tours and when he was going home is that he wasn't going to be alone.


Kara and Carly would be moving in. Well, not right away but within the next two to three weeks, the loves of his life were going to be in his home. With him. He would be able to walk in his place and see someone sitting on the couch or laying in his bed. He had wanted this for the longest time and finally it was going to happen.


Granted Kara had a lot to do when she got home, he was happy that they all were going to live together. She had a lot on her plate. He was worried because he felt as if it was too much. He wanted to help her, but the crap shot of all this was that a week after he got home the guys had one more trip to take. They were asked to go to the VMA's and perform.


JC had to admit, he was nervous to the fact that he was going to be away with Kara and Carly were going to be home in Florida while he was in LA without Kara near him. Reason he was nervous was that Bobbi had not made a move or done something. He knew she was going to try something. Whether it was against Kara or himself, he had a feeling she was up to something evil.


He laid there and looked at Kara sleeping peacefully. He loved watching her sleep. She looked angelic. He saw her open her eyes and didn't for a moment stop looking at her.


Kara saw JC look at her and she smiled. “Morning.” She said she looked back at him. She saw that he was still staring. “how long have you been staring at me?”


“Not long.” He said as he moved a piece of her hair that had fallen in front of her face. He looked at her lips and couldn't resist it. He leaned in and gave her a soft slow kiss. When he pulled away he saw her eyes open again. He smiled and said, “Sorry I couldn't resist not kissing you.”


Kara smiled and said, “Like I am gonna...” Kara was cut off by the screaming teenager in the other room she jumped up and went right to the door.


“OH MY GOD!!!!!” Carly said as she danced and jumped around the room. She saw Kara and waved the papers in her face. “LOOK LOOK LOOK!!” she jumped


“Hold still child,” Kara said as she then just took what ever it was she was trying to look. “Carly this is the teen people thing right?”


“Not only that look at the cover, the letter all of it!” Carly said.


Kara handed the letter and envelope to JC and had Carly bear hugging her.


By that time the guards, Breanne and the rest of the people that were up or that heard her were in the living room of the sweet.


JC looked at Carly and gave her the biggest smile and wrapped her up in the biggest hug that she could have gotten.


“Okay I hope this is a good news cus if it's not I am going to be really really worried.” Justin said looking at the three of them.


“Here read the letter.” JC said as he saw Carly bouncing and being hugged again.


Justin was still wiping the sleep out of his eyes and Chris who was not sleepy took the letter out of his hands and said 'sleepy head' he then cleared his throat and started reading the letter back:


Dear Ms Evans,


We are pleased to in form you that your photo spread has been selected to not only be in this issue of teen people, but your picture of the guys will be on the cover shot for the October issue.


Furthermore we would like to invite you to spend next summer working for us being a junior photographer as well as it being a paid in full internship. Not only that but I myself along with the rest of the Teen People family are informing you that you will be enlisted as one of our only four people to receive a scholarship so long as you choose to do the summer internship next year.


One final thing please see as a token as our appreciation, there is a check to cover what we hope is most if not all the expenses you needed to pay for during this summer.


Personally I wand to say I have never seen this amazing work from a teenager in a very long time and I KNOW we will be seeing great things from you in years to come. Please also keep sending us your work you do during this school year and keep in touch.



Best of luck to you in your 2012-2013 year.


Sincerely



Marcus Jacobson

Editor in chief of Teen People



Chris smiled as he saw the look on Carly's face. She had worked so hard on this project and was having a blast at the same time. He had been the first other than Lance to see the work as she was doing it. Chris felt as if Carly was he little sister. He was the first one of the guys to meet her three years ago while he was in Kara's office talking. He has loved seeing her grow from a shy child into an outgoing happy and beautiful young woman.


“My lil sis, I am so dam proud of you!!!” Chris said as he pulled her into a hug.


Carly had a bond with all the guys but yes she had the best bond with Chris. She love him as the older brother type figure. He was there to keep her smiling, he was smarter than most people thought. When she was at the office after school she would ask him for help with school work.


Funny thing is she knew who to go to for what subjects. She went to Lance for her english and lit help. Chris was the Mad Math man, he was the one that helped her with her get the math award. Joey was there as her coach in her drama and singing classes. As much as she didn't want to take them she took the classes and helped her.


Justin, to her shock was a big history buff...that and the one that helped her with brushing up on her basketball skills, because god forbid she didn't know the game enough. Sadly in her freshman year she made the varsity team and kicked his ass in a one on one game that she played. Come to think of it she beat him in all matches that she had with him.


Kara smiled as she heard the door knock.  She opened it to see Johnny smiling at the door with a dozen yellow and white roses. 

 

“Hey Johnny I think C is gonna be upset if he sees me getting roses from you.”  Kara said loud enough for all the guys and Carly look her way.

 

“Smart ass, now I know you have been hanging around with the guys too long.”  Johnny said smiling.  He looked to Carly and said, “These are for you Carly,  I want to say you did an amazing job on this and I am so very happy I let you take on this job.”

 

“Thank you Johnny for giving me the chance as well as the courage to go for this opportunity.  I would not have done it if it weren’t for you and for these hooligans behind me. “ Carly said.

 

“Is she making fun of us Lance?”  Chris asked.

 

“Yeah we will get her back later.”  Lance said as he saw that Johnny had more news for her.

 

“Well, here are the flowers from me, as well as the check that was just sent to me from Teen People.”  Johnny stated.

 

Carly looked at Johnny as she took both the flowers and the check.  “I didn’t know that I was gonna get paid for this gig.   I thought it was just a chance to put my work to a big magazine.”

 

“Well it was, but they all said that you deserve a bonus for doing such an amazing job and I was shocked when they told me this and I had to keep it quiet for the past few days too, but here you go.”  Johnny said as he watched Carly pass the flowers to the closest person who happened to be Chris. 

 

Carly looked down and slowly opened the check and took a breath.  When she pulled it out she flipped it over and saw the amount.  Her hands began to shake as she saw the amount that was given to her as a bonus.   “No way this is a bonus Johnny.” 

 

Johnny smiled as he said, “It is.  Congratulations sweetie, you really deserve it too.”

 

Kara pulled away from JC’s embrace as the two walked over to Carly and looked over her shoulder.  Carly smiled behind her to Kara as she showed the two of them the check. 

 

JC saw the amount and said, “Holy Shit, that can’t be the amount Johnny.”

 

Kara looked at it and read what it was, “Pay to the order of Ms. Carly Marie Evans in the amount of Fifty thousand dollars”

 

Everyone in the room gasped and smiled and cheered.  Carly on the other hand had tears in her eyes.  They were not tears of sorrow, but yet tears of joy.  She was so happy to see that the hard work she had put in had paid off now.  And that she was praised and honored by one of the biggest teen magazines in the nation and world.

 

JC saw her tears and for a fast moment worried that she was upset.  He then saw her smile as she laughed and realized what the tears were.  He smiled and pulled her in for a fast hug.

 

Kara smiled as she felt herself get lightheaded all the sudden.  She sat down and took a deep breath. Kelly looked and didn’t miss that beat as she asked, “Kara you okay?”

 

Kara felt better almost instantly and said, “Yeah just felt a little dizzy. I’m okay.”

 

“All the excitement of your artistic brain here right?”  Chris said as he tassled Carly’s hair.


Kara smiled at Chris but stayed still. “yeah sorry bout that all.” she said as she looked to Kelly.


“Okay well guys you need to be ready and rolling in 20 minutes. Press confrence in regards to the VMA show. Kara you and Kelly can miss out of this. But Miss Cara you and Breanne need to be down there.”



30 minutes later.


Kelly walked in to Kara's bedroom and saw Kara sitting on the bed. She was surprised to see her laying down again as she had noticed she has been doing this more over the past week. She didn't want to say anything in frnt of the guys but she had a little hunch.


Kara woke up at the sense that someone was in the room. She looked and saw Kelly standing there.


“Hey...sorry I was just laying down for a moment and,” She was cut off by Kelly.


“You okay? I have noticed you getting tired over the past week and I gotta say it has me a little worried.” Kelly said as she saw Kara sit up.


Kara knowing she couldn't hide anything from Kelly looked at her. “That obvious huh?”


Kelly smiled, “Just to me, you are lucky guys are not as smart as women,” she then went on, “How late?”


Kara sighed as she said, “Three weeks late. The dizzy spells started last week as well as feeling nauseated here and there, I have kept crackers in my bag for that. And to answer your question, No Josh doesn't know yet, no I haven't taken one yet, and yes I think I am and yes I have called the doctor and I will be going to him when Kara and I leave here tomorrow. Well not tomorrow, but the day after.”


Kelly smiled got to her feet grabbed Kara's bag and said, “Better now then never lady.”


Kara looked at her and said, “really?”


“Really” Kelly said.



THREE HOURS LATER


“Carly laughed as she walked into the room and saw the note that was left for her and JC”


Hey you two,


Kelly and I are out for a little private girl time.


Josh-relax your worried little brain I have Mike with the two of us so we are protected.


Carly-don't forget to pack your bags, and be ready we are leaving tomorrow at noon.


Love you both


K-


Carly smiled as she saw that and went to the bathroom. She finished up and washed her hands. She was walking out when she knocked over the trash can. She sighed as she bent down. She then saw something that caught her eye. She picked up a sitck and looked to see if anyone was around. She then flipped the stick and noticed a positive sign on the stick. She smiled as she put it all together.


She was going to be a big sister. She then wondered and thought.


Did JC know?



End Notes:

i told you a few nice surprises....

 

next up the final show, and a little test for Kara...will she let her doubts and fears haunt or help her for what is to come ahead.

 

read review and keep checking. 

Chapter 26 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

wow two updates in less than a week.  I got the flow of this story ani i don't want to lose it. 

 

i need to thank JSC_OutOfSync for putting the spark under me to keep going and to update as soon as I did.  Thank you

 

and thank you to eveyone who has been reading thus far.. 

 

Pregnant.


Kara knew it was bound to happen. She just didn't think it would happen so fast. She had tried for years with Nate to have a baby. Well, okay that's a lie she wanted to try he just never wanted a baby...with her.


Kara sat there in the room and looked at her calendar and then realized that she remember that night all too well. She smiled and fell a sleep dreaming about that night. The night she and JC created what she was carrying inside her now.




*****Flashback*****



Kara smiled as she walked in the room. She put her bag down and instead of turning on the television she turned on the radio. She heard the end of Janet Jackson's “IF” and was dancing as the song ended. She then heard the beginning of Whitney Houston's “I'm your baby tonight” and smiled as she started singing the song and dancing around. Something she thought she could do because she thought she was alone.


As the song went on she was practicing some belly dance moves she had learned while taking a class not too long before she was with JC. She had stripped down her black pants and was in her black bra. She closed her eyes and let the music take control..


Little did Kara know was that while listening to this song JC was standing in the door way watching her every move and getting hard...VERY HARD...for her.


Kara felt JC's lips on hers, then on her neck She turned around and looked up as he pulled away and saw him standing there., grinding with Kara letting her know how hot and turned on he was by watching her touch her body and dance the way she was dancing, as she found him sitting there fully hard and waiting for her. She smiled as she kissed him and began to work her magic on him, just as he was doing to a moment ago, thinking of him dancing with her, She then just realized that she wasn't fantasizing.



JC stopped dancing with Kara, picked her up and laid her down on the bed. She smiled up at him and the smile that she gave him was one of his favorite smiles,. It was the one that showed him a side of her sexy sweet and seductive side to him and him alone. It drove him insane.

In a few moments clothes were taken off from one another and there they were touching, caressing and kissing each other. Hitting all pleasure points that the two knew about each other that drove one another wild. Like two lovers knew to touch and drive each other completely insane.



Kara wanted full control this time as she had the whole time. She straddled him and asked well basically said, “I want to ride you.”

JC smiled up to her as he felt every inch of himself be engulfed in side her wet center. He looked at her and said, “As you wish my love>”

She started a slow ride as she opened her hazy dazed eyes to see him staring up at her and smiling at her. His blue eyes matching hers as if they were looking into each others souls and knew no words needed to be said as she started to bounce on him slow and hard.




JC couldn't take it much longer as he began to guide Kara's hips to a faster pace, while doing this he sucked on one of her ample breasts that were in front of him. She pulled herself back and began to feel him hit her in the spots that only he knew to get to.

God JC, take me there, please” Kara said as she began to buck her hips forward and started to speed up feeling him. Meeting him thrust for thrust. Then his finger found her clit and played with it slowly feeling her tighten up around him.

 

Let it go Kara, fly for me.” JC said as he added a little pressure to her clit.

 

That was all the encouragement she needed.

Kara couldn't control herself as she began to bounce and ride JC as if it was her last time she was ever going to be with him again. She felt her self getting close as JC urged her on. Not just by his words and actions but as she opened her eyes and looked into his, they were telling her to let go. She tipped her head back and let it all go. Her orgasm taking over her body and took her straight to the stars as she rode the wave of it all. Feeling JC come right behind and riding his own wave of ecstasy right there with her.

 

Kara picked her head up off of JC's chest and looked at him as she smiled. “Didn't know I had an audience here while I was...well...” she said as she looked at him.

 

I was going to say hello then I saw you doing what you were doing and well as I saw you dancing there and shit you got me well.” JC said as he laid there still in side her , feeling himself get hard again.



Kara felt him and smiled as she started to ride him again. “well I can tell that you are ready for round two again. And right off the bat too baby.”



JC flipped her over while still inside of her and started to move within her. He kissed her deeply as he moved. He went to her ear and said, “I got the reins now, my love let me make you feel as good as I feel when im with you.”

Kara arched her body in to her and let him take control of her pleasure.





Kara was so scared. Not of the fact that she was pregnant, she was happy that she was able to have a baby. Shit she thought that between the kissagram and now she would never be able to have a child. Knowing that she was now pregnant, she was on top of the world for that.



The real fear was how JC was going to take the news. She didn't know if she should be honest with him now and tell him or if she should wait til they got home and moved in. she was lost and had no idea what to do.



Carly watched as Kara sat in the patio chair. She knew what she was thinking about. Sure she knew she had to be scared of what JC was thinking. Carly walked to her and sat in front of her.

“Hey, lady.” Carly said as she sat thee.



“Hey sweetie. When did you guys get back.” Kara asked. Trying her best to put her thoughts behind her.



“About a half hour ago. Johnny asked for you to meet him when you get a chance.” Carly said as she saw Kara shake her head as if to say that Kara got it. She then saw her go back off in her world. Carly then said, “Penny for your thoughts.:



Kara looked to her and knew Carly knew. She then said, “I am wondering how JC is gonna feel to know that he's gonna be a daddy, and how you are gonna feel about being an older sister. If he's is ready for this challenge, if he want's me now that he made me pregnant, if he thinks I am gonna be useless, worthless. Does or will he still love me now that I am pregnant...i wonder if its going to be the same like it was when I was with.” Kara was cut off by Carly putting a hand over Kara's mouth.



“I gotta stop you there woman. First of all, if you are still scared of JC wanting to leave you then you are dumb as shit and don't know how much he loves you and me both. Yes he might be a little shocked that you are pregnat but at the same time this is the same man that while at the interview today said and I will quote 'he can't wati to start AND ADD to the family that he has been so blessed to ger with his soon to be wife and that he himself has some surprises in store for his bride to be and she bettter be ready for them.”Yes he might be a little shocked that you are pregnant but at the same time this is the same man that while at the interview today said and I will quote 'he can't was to start AND ADD to the family that he has been so blessed to with his soon to be wife and that he himself has some surprises in store for his bride to be and she better be ready for them.” Carly said seeing her stepmother stare right at her.



“Wha,,,” Kara stuttered, “what...did you...”



“Yeah he was in the interview with Access Hollywood gushing all over you. It was really sweet to hear him talk about the two of us he put me in the line of the camera and the guy interviewed us and talked about the adoption process and I just found out today that the second part was cleared and that by the time the year is out he will be my father. I was soo happy to know this.” Carly then said, “Well that and to now know why you have been a looking like you haven't been taking care of yourself, and by the way I am so psyched and I want a sister so that I can tease the shit out of JC telling him that he's gonna have his hands full with three women in the house.”



Kara laughed and smiled and got up to hug Carly. She was lucky to have her there with her after all the crap the two of them have been through. She then saw JC walk toward the two of them and smiled. “Hey baby.”

JC smiled as he saw his two favorite women sitting there. He smiled as he saw Carly stand up and give him what was most likely the millionth hug that day. He smiled as she said, “Well I gotta get my ass packed as my Mom had to remind me we are leaving ass early tomorrow so I better be ready. I got the night off and I know bre needs to pack too so we are gonna help one another out and all...,good luck with the show JC and Kara I will see you later..”



Kara for some reason didn't know how to tell JC that his life was going to change. She was more worried that he was going to be pissed off and upset that she did this. She was feeling as if she was trapping him. 'Now or never Kara, time to put on those big girl pants and face whatever comes your way.'



JC looked at Kara and saw that even with the full day of rest she still looked...well off. He looked at her and asked, “You feeling okay baby, you still look well...not well.”



Kara smiled at how caring JC was with her. She took a deep breath and said, “Actually I am still a little tired but I will survive.” Kara said as she looked at him. She took a deep breath and said, “Josh we need to have a little talk.”



JC never liked when someone said that. The last time he heard a woman say that they told him it was over and that she had been cheating on him and it was over. “O-Kay.” JC felt as if his whole world was about to change and in the pit of his stomach he felt as if it was slowly rising up his stomach.

The two of them sat in the lounge chairs she faced him and saw that he was nervous. She started, “I don't know how to tell you this but,” Kara then just came out with it, “Fuck it....Josh I'm pregnant. Yes I know this wasn't in our plans and we wanted to wait but well mother fucking nature has different plans for us. I hate that this happened because you wanted to be with me for a little while longer and married but well...'



“Kara,” JC said standing there as she paced in front of him rambling



“I know I know you don't want to be tied down right now so I have thought...”



“Baby” JC said as he tried not to laugh at her excitement. And rambling...something she did when she was nervous or scared about something.



“If you want to leave me or whatever know that it's cool I...”Kara was cut off.



“KARA!”JC said as he grabbed her shoulders and stared at her in her eyes. The same blue eyes that matched his. The ones that now had a tired but sparkling glow about them. He took the one hand from her shoulder and placed it on the lower part of her stomach. Right there where he touched was a baby. A baby that he and Kara created out of the love they have for each other.



Something in that moment made JC fall even deeper in love with Kara. There she was nervous as all hell to tell him that she was pregnant. He looked at her, leaned in and pressed his lips to hers in the sweetest softest kiss.



Kara opened her eyes to see JC looking at her, smiling. She slowly smiled back as he held her close.



JC said, “I didn't know this was possible.”



“What having a baby? Josh I know you haven't been in school for a long ass time but you should know that it was possible for us to have a baby.” Kara said



“Smart ass, I didn't mean that” JC said as he laughed lightly.



“Then what.” Kara said still being held in a sweet embrace with JC.

“I don't know how but I have fallen even deeper in love with you.”JC said.



Kara smiled as she stretched and kissed him again. As she was being hugged and heard him laugh she said a silent prayer to her self. Thanking god that he was happy that they were having this baby and going to be parents.



But one little demon, if you want to call that loomed in her head.



Will this happiness last or was there something or someone out there ready to yank this away from her.



If so where...and when.

 

End Notes:

if this wwas short i am sorry...i have the next chapter going right now and you will like what is going to happen....keep your eyes open i might be up sooner than you think.

 

Reviews are good....i like to see what you have to say  

Chapter 27 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:
Yes i know i said i would update soon...i have had more problems and issues but here i am again...hopefully i can update more than i have been...sorry :(







JC couldn't believe that the woman he loved was carrying his child. He was so excited that he wanted to go to the roof of the hotel and scream it to the world. He wanted to tell the fans, his mom...everyone...anyone that he was going to be a father, not once but twice. To say he was psyched was beyond words.



Kara was relieved that JC was excited but she needed to calm him down first. They agreed that they wold only tell her mother and father as well as his parents and Joey. Joey was to know only because Kelly was with Kara when she took the four (yes four because she didn't believe the first three) tests and all came back with in 20 seconds later saying that she was pregnant. She knew Kelly would not be able to keep it quiet and even with Carly knowing she knew how it would trickle down.



Before they knew it the show in Atlanta ended and they were sleeping in their room. Kara woke up at 7 the next morning and felt nausea.



“Fuck my luck” Kara said as she hauled ass to the bathroom. She sat on the floor and started throwing up.



JC felt Kara get out of bed and heard what she said. He laughed but felt bad that she had morning sickness. He got up and went to the door. He debated if he should knock, he saw the bottle of water on the night stand and thought to bring it to her. He grabbed it just as she called for him.



“JC can you please bring me my...” Kara said as she saw JC standing there with the bottle of water in his hands. She wanted to die as she said, “I guess I woke you?”



“It's alright baby, I heard you say fuck my luck and speed to the bathroom.” HE said as he saw her sip the water and spit it in the toilet, flush the toilet then got to the sinks so she could brush her teeth. He looked at her as she stared back. “Morning sickness.”



“Yep, and you got to have the honor of seeing me do that for the first time.” Kara said as she spit the toothpaste out rinse her mouth out with some scope and start walking back to the bed. She sighed as she laid back. “I gotta remember to get some sort of soda crackers or animal crackers for the flight.”



“Crackers? They help with throwing up? I thought that it would make you want to throw up more?” JC said as he sat back on the bed with Kara.



Kara laughed and realized that JC was new to the world of pregnancy and having children. She was used to it. With her sister and even when Kelly was pregnant as well as when she was pregnant the first time. She kissed him on the lips and looked at him.



“The crackers are to help me when I get nauseous and if I do throw up...the crackers are in there.” Kara said.



“That makes sense in some odd way.” JC said as he held her close. He looked at the clock and sighed. “Ugh...well being that we have to be outta here in the next two hours to get to the airport, I am going to take my shower and get ready. You showered last night right?”

Kara smiled as she said, “Yes oh wise one. I will make sure all are up and moving while you are getting ready.” She kissed him as he smiled at her.





Two hours and eight people up, some wide awake and happy others tired and hung over from going out the night before they were all loaded up in the vans and on there way to the airport to take their ninety minute flight home.



Home to Orlando. Where Kara was going to be getting her house ready to sell and move her and Cara in with JC. She thought she would be nervous and was surprising herself by not being that nervous at all. She was really looking forward to moving in with him. It made her feel safe, secure and knowing that Carly was on board was even better.



While on the flight home Kara was in true fashion working. She had a few things to finish up and then for the next twenty four hours she was off. A day off finally, near home. To do whatever.



She in true fashion didn't have the full day off. She had a doctor's appointment that she made twenty four hours ago when she found out that she was pregnant. She didn't tell JC just yet. She didn't want to pressure him into going to the doctor or make him feel like he HAD TO go with her. She kept it quiet for the time being.



JC sat there looking at Kara. He then looked at her schedule. He saw in big letters THE BIG MOVE marked three weeks from today. He smiled knowing that was the day that she and Carly were going to be moving into his home.

The next note he saw was a doctors name...Dr. Covucci OBGYN @ 10:30. It was for tomorrow. He smiled at her as he cooked up a plan. He knew she was going to try and sneak out. He was hell for sure going to be at the first doctor's appointment there with her to see what was going on and to know what to do to take care of Kara. He knew in the past she wasn't taken care of in her past with the ex. He also knew she was afraid to lose this baby. He understood this and wanted to be there for her. To show Kara that she was not alone.







THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!





Kara heard the alarm go off and smacked it. She looked at the time, 8:30. She sighed as she got up. She noticed her phone had a text on it. She smiled as she saw who it was from.



Good morning my sweetie pie. Sorry I didn't wake you but I got a call and had to go to a meeting and Johnny wanted us at the studio for a fast rehearsal. He asked me if you can come in this afternoon around 4 for a fast run down of the final show. I love you and call me later.....<3 Josh



Kara sighed again as she got up. She called “Carly! Time to get up missy” she then felt the wonderful wave of nausea hit her like a tidal wave. She was in the hallway and saw Carly walking into the bathroom. She shoved her out of the way and slammed the door.



Carly was shocked but then laughed a little hearing Kara throwing up. She knew she had morning sickness the morning before because she was walked to her bedroom and saw JC sitting there and he looked dumbfounded. She shook her head and went back to her room then.



Carly went into the bathroom just as she saw Kara flush the toilet and sat back against the wall for a moment. She filled the glass with some tap water and handed it to her. “Feel better?”



Kara shook her head yes a little bit as she got up slowly. She sighed as she brushed her teeth and rinsed her mouth. She looked at Carly and said, “Thank you.”



Carly smiled and said, “No biggie.”



Kara looked at herslef in the mirror and said, “Today's my first appointment with the doctor.”



Carly looked at her, “Nervous?”



Kara shook her head no as she brushed her teeth.



Carly smiled, “Josh going?”



Kara spit the toothpaste out and said, “He doesn't know. I never told him.”



Carly followed her into her bedroom. She knew the truth and smiled to herself and hugged herself. She knew already that Kara was going to die a thousand deaths knowing that he was going to be there. Hell her father wasn't there for the first two appointments that she had. No he was off....”don't go there Carly,” her subconsious yells at her.



“CARLY....” Kara screamed.



“S-sorry Kara I was in another place.” Carly said as she shook it off.



“I can tell, go get ready I will drop you at the office so you can finish your work while I go to the doctor.” Kara said.



Carly smiled and then went off to her room knowing what was going on. “she's gonna be so happy”



::Two hours later::

Kara walked into the office for a fast minute to get Carly set up in her office. Make a few fast calls and to give Johnny and the rest of the crew their schedules for tomorrow night’s show and the events for that day. She had today off but in true form she was still going to be working. She loved this job and could never tear herself away.

She walked in to Johnny’s office last for two reasons. One cus she liked to tell him she was working from home that day and two…to tell him why she was working from home.

“Kara, I didn’t expect to see you here.” Johnny said as he saw her walking to his desk.

“I know I am going to be working from home later this afternoon but I needed to give you guys the hard copy of the schedule for tomorrow. And well I have some other news to tell you.” Kara said as she stood there.

Johnny pointed to the seat in front of his desk gestureing her to sit down. He smiled as he said, “What’s going on.”

“Well…I guess there is no easier way to say this and I don’t know more details and I won’t know for a little longer but….I’m pregnant.” Kara said it all in one breath.

Johnny smiled as he stood up and went to her. He gathered her in her arms and said, “Congratulation, Kara. I am so happy for you and for JC…I take it he knows?”

Kara smiled as she said, “Yes, actually I was trying to see him before I go to the doctors, I have an appointment across town in 40 minutes and I was wanting to see him before I go. The guys said I just missed him.”

Johnny smiled as he said, “Yeah he had an appointment and he didn’t want to be late so he took off bout 10 minutes before you got here.”

Kara sighed as she said, “No worries, I will call him when I get to the doctors office. I gotta run, Carly is in my office taking care of some photo shop stuff and then I think Chris or Lance are taking her to the Video Production office to do her video thing for the show tomorrow night. I think either JC or Lance will be bringing her home. I will see you tomorrow.”

“Not to worry Kara take a day and relax today…you look like you could use it. And Congratulations again sweetie, you and JC are going to be amazing parents.” Johnny said,

Kara smiled as she walked out of his office. She checked on Carly one last time as she went out the office and on her way to her doctors appointment.

Forty five minutes later Kara got out of her spot and was walking into the doctors office she heard someone behind her. She turned around and froze..she started to stutter, “what the...h..how did you…” Kara was cut off.

“Now I know you better than you think missy.” JC said as he pulled her toward her and gave her a fast kiss on the lips to keep her quiet. He looked down at her and said, “What makes you think I was going to miss your first doctor’s appointment for OUR BABY?”

Kara was going to say something but shut up. She was surprised that he was there. More surprised that she could tell that he WANTED to be there with her. She went to him and hugged him. She whispered in his ear. “I love you.”

JC smiled as he said back, “I love you too sweetie,” he opened the door to the office and said, “Shall we?”

Kara walked in and smiled as she went to the receptionist. “Hi I am Kara Evans, I have a 11:15 with Dr. Covucci.”

“Hello Kara, all your information is the same?” The receptionist asked.

“Yes.” Kara signed in and smiled.

“Okay Kara, come on back, Nancy will take you to the room.”

JC followed as the two of them went to the exam room. “Okay Kara, I see that you have a guest with you. “

Kara smiled as JC got a little uncomfortable sitting there. He smiled and looked around.

“That’s my fiancé` Josh, and he’s the father.” Kara smiled.

“I knew that Kara. Hello nice to meet you.” The nurse said.

“Hi Nice to meet you too.” JC said feeling a little more comfortable.

The three of them made small talk as the nurse got Kara prepped for the doctor. JC smiled as he felt really at ease with this lady. He found out that he had delivered Brianne and that she loves Kelly and Joey was the same way when he first came too. She said that they hold a strict policy in the office that anything that happens there is under complete secrecy and that they will keep the wishes of the parents to not under ANY circumstances leak, pictures or any other info for that matter.

“And that’s a sure fact.” Dr. Covucci said as she entered the exam room.

“Hello Alicia,” Kara said as she greeted the doctor on a first name basis.

“Kara, I am so happy to see you and on what I see here is great circumstances.” The doctor hugged Kara as if they were old friends.

JC sat there and stared. He then coughed to get the attention of the doctor.

Kara chuckled as she said, “Where are my manners, Alicia this is Josh, Josh this is Dr. Alicia Covucci, a friend of Kelly’s and mine from back in the day, and well the best obgyn who will be taking care of us.”

“Josh, I have to say it is wonderful to meet you.” Dr. said as she shook hands with JC. She didn’t have the start struck attitude he originally thought he was going to encounter and that shocked and pleased him at the sametime.

“So, Kara I see here that you have took a pregnancy test and you had a positive result.” Alicia said as she washed her hands and looked back at Kara.

“Yes, I took it two weeks ago. IT was positive as well as the other one I took last night. I wanted to make extra sure.” Kara said as she heard JC chuckle. “Well that and the fact that I’m tired, and nauseous, threw up this morning too. “

“Well being that you have the three classic symptoms and the three positive tests I can tell you that you are pregnant. Let’s see how far along you are then and see how things are going.” Alicia said as she got the sonogram machine. “Kara why don’t you get the little slip that’s in that changing room and come back and get on the table.

A few moments later Kara was up on the table and getting prepped. JC sat there not knowing where to go. Kara looked at him and smiled sensing his nerves and said, “Josh why don’t you come here and sit next to me so you can see what I’m seeing.”

JC went to the stool that was by Kara’s side and sat down as he did he saw the doctor take a probe thing covered in what looked like a condom and lube. “This will be a little odd Kara, just take some deep breaths okay?”

Kara shook her head yes as she felt the object intrude her. She looked to JC who took her hand and held it giving it a reassuring squeeze. She looked at him as he winked at her then looked at the screen.

“Okay Kara, ready to see what’s made you sick the past two weeks?” Alicia turned on the smaller screen in front of both Kara and JC.

JC and Kara both looked at the screen in front of them. Kara gasped and held on to JC’s hand. Next thing he heard was a sound of a fast thumping. “What’s that?” JC said as he looked to the doctor.

“That, Josh, is your baby’s heart beat. If you look at the screen you can see it too.” The doctor pointed it out.

JC looked to the screen to see a small flutter. There it was. His child. It was no bigger than a peanut and it was living and had a beating heart.



And there it was, right in front of him. His wife to be and his baby. A baby he created with Kara. He made love to her and their love for each other created this life that had a beating heart and from what Dr. Covucci showed them was doing very well.



“Alright Kara, keep on the vitamins and keep some small snacks in your bag to help with the nausea. If you feel the start of it eat a few crackers with peanut butter or something along those lines. How are you with the caffeine?” the doctor asked.



“Well I have not had any coffee I have limited myself to a cup of tea in the morning. That's all.” Kara said as she got dressed.



“Good keep it that way and JC?” the doctor turned to him



“Y-yes?” JC stuttered as he looked at the still screen.



Dr. Covucci smiled as she said, “Keep this girl grounded, no stress and no heavy lifiting. She likes to be independent but make sure you help her.”



“Oh I will. Belive me I will.” He said.



Kara smiled as she made her next appointment and walked out with JC. He stopped her in the parking lot and held her close. He looked into her eyes and stared.



Kara looked at him as his face was serious but soft. She teared up as she knew he was there not because he had to be there like she felt the one time “he” was there but because JC wanted to be there with her.



JC wipped the tear from her eye and said, “I love you now more than I could have ever thought. I love you and this baby and Carly. Don't be mad at her and I. I-” he was cut off by Kara's soft lips kissing his. He held her there.



When Kara pulled away she said, “I know and I'm sorry for not telling you. I-I'm was used to doing this on my own.”



“You are not alone baby...” JC said as he hugged her “you'll never be alone again.”



And he meant it.



But could Kara believe him? Only time will tell.



End Notes:
if its raw it's because i haven't editied this chaper yet...i will when i can.  Hope it fed your need for now. 
Chapter 28 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

it's been years but i felt the muse come back so...here you go 

 

Kara smiled as JC and her drove back to her place and dropped her car off.  He saw that there were packed bags at the door, and he looked at her, “Going somewhere?”

Kara looked at the bags and said, “I was thinking of bringing some stuff over tonight, I-If that’s okay.  It’s my clothes as well as some of Carly’s stuff she left packed for when we move into your place.  She said why unpack just to pack it again and I agreed with her.”

JC right then smiled even bigger if that was possible and pulled Kara close to him and hugged her. Pulling back, he then said, “I love this idea and don’t be too mad, but I have some stuff going on in the house, well, I had it started once you and I talked about moving in with one another while we were on tour.”

Kara looked at him, “What kind of stuff do you have going on?”

“Why don’t I show you, I will let Carly see when we get her later on.”  JC said.  As he saw Kara starting to bend down and grab one of the bags he said, “Oh no missy you go sit in the living room and relax, I will get the bags in my car then we’ll go.”

Kara was about to say something but was cut off, “No, you are to not lift anything heavier than your laptop bag, doctors’ orders.  I fully intend to follow all the rules until otherwise told not to.” He kissed Kara right on the lips and walked out with most of the bags.

Kara went to her kitchen and grabbed a bottle of soda for JC and a Bottle of sparkling water for herself.  She walked back to the living room as she saw him walk back in after taking the last of the bags.  Smiling she grabbed her keys and walked out of the house to his car as he offered to drive.  She handed him the soda and he happily took it. “Thank you love.”  He kissed her fast before taking a drink.

He walked her to the car and like the gentleman he’s been opened her door for her.  He saw while walking around she opened his door for him and smiled. HE got in the car and said, “You know you are the only woman that’s ever done that?”

“Done what?” Kara asked.

“Open my car door for me while I was walking around the car.”

Kara looked at him smiled and shrugged, “I was taught right by my dad.”

“How’s that?” JC asked while pulling out of the driveway.

Kara smiled then started, “okay have you ever seen ‘A Bronx Tale’?”

JC looked a Kara being they were at a red light, “Who hasn’t.”

“Okay you know the scene when sonny tells C to give Jane ‘The Test’?”

JC shook his head, “Yeah you let a woman in the car and then walk behind the car to see if she unlocks the…” he stopped and started cracking up “Your dad told you to do that with men?!”

Kara smiled to him, “Not so much he said to always be a respectful and caring woman, and not to be a selfish bitch.”

JC smiled as he took her hand lacing his fingers. He took her hand kissing it before bringing it back down and said, “You of all people could never be a selfish bitch.” 

Kara smiled as she sat there holding his hand while he drove over to his house. 

Well, their home.  She smiled as he pulled in the driveway, she saw there were two cars out in the driveway but then saw the two open spots in the garage, 

JC smiled, “This is surprise number one, the one next to me here is yours the one on the end is for Carly when we go pick her car out for her.”  He was getting out and then stopped, “oh and I will be splitting the cost with you for her car, DON’T argue, I want to do something for MY DAUGHTER.” 

Kara didn’t bother to say a word because she was feeling all sorts of emotions right then.  She got out of the car and went with him to the door that led to his kitchen. “Welcome home babe.”

She walked into the house and saw the kitchen.  Her eyes went wide.

She loved to cook, and in this kitchen, she already saw herself cooking many dinners for everyone. It was a white birch cabinet with dark smoky granite countertops.  The appliances were all stainless steel.  The refrigerator was double the size of the one at her house.   The kitchen table was black oak with black chairs and the able top was a white granite/stone it was set in an alcove with a huge bay window that overlooked his yard. 

She stood there and was in complete awe looking.  JC smiled as he saw the wheels spinning in her head.  He was excited to see her when he got home from doing whatever and seeing her cook a meal in that space.  Something he thought he’d never see but now was looking forward to it.

Kara looked into the den and gave a low whistle, “Carly is going to die when she sees this.” 

In the living area there was not one but two sectional couches that had a recliner on one end and a long lounge chair on the other. It was suede leather and beautiful.  The walls were a comfy beige and along the walls Kara could see some of Carly’s artwork hanging.  She gasped as she looked to the one wall.

“Surprise number two, Carly gave me this picture to hang wherever I had Justin go get it framed and he stopped by and got to hang it for me while I was getting to our doctor appointment.”  JC said looking at the picture.

It was of Bourbon Street in New Orleans, the night of Kara and JC’s first date. It was when the sun was setting and the colors of the sunset and how the building took on a dark texture. 

“It’s one of my favorite pictures she’s taken.” 

Kara smiled as she said, “She will love you have it up here too,” she then thought and asked, “think we can get her to give us some more of her work to hang in here to, If that’s okay with you.”

JC smiled, “it’s more than okay.” Kara smiled.

“Okay the third of five surprises,” JC said as he took Kara’s hand leading her to the basement. 

As they walked JC stairs, “Now down here is my office and My studio, I have something also for Carly too when she gets here.”  He opened the door to reveal a working office for Carly.  It had a brand-new Laptop with a photo printer, as well as a regular printer along with a box loaded with memory cards, paper photo paper and whatever she needed for photography as well as gift cards to amazon, target, the mall, and whatnot. “This is all for Carly and her shopping needs for school this year.”

Kara then saw the state letter and gasped, she saw that it was the part two approval letter and she smiled as he left a letter for Carly to show two down one more to go baby girl! Love Dad.”

‘Josh she’s going to be so happy when she sees this,” Kara said.

JC then said, “wait until you see her room then.”

Kara smiled as they walked from the downstairs to the upstairs to the second level of his home.  As they walked, JC started to explain,

“Okay this door leads to our room right here, the one second to the left is future nursery, the one to the right nursery or for now guest room, and at that end,” JC said as he held Kara’s hand smiling, “Is Carly’s room.”

Kara gasped as he opened the door to her room.  The color of the walls was a deep turquoise bule with white trim around the walls and window.  The window overlooked the back yard that on a clear day you could see the sunset, Carly’s favorite time of day as she told JC and he remembered.

Kara saw the queen-sized bed decorated in a black and turquoise floral print sheets. Kara knew Carly would see this and be in her glory. 

The wall in front of the bed held a 60-inch flat screen tv.  The bedroom furniture was all dark oak wood and beautiful. 

JC smiled as he let Kara take in the room. “Think she will like it?”

“Baby, this room is beautiful. She’s going to LOVE it.”

“If you go to the door to the right there,” JC pointed out. 

Kara walked and opened the door to a walk in closed that at the end led her to private bathroom. “Okay I am jealous of this girl, she’s got the walk in of all walk in closets as well as a bathroom to die for.” She stated as she looked at the bathroom.  It had a jacuzzi style bath with a shower stall.

JC smiled as he then said, “Okay your surprise now. If you will follow me.” JC said.

 

Kara was led out of the room and down to the double doors she walked by when they went upstairs.  JC stopped in front of the doors and said, “this is our room.”

JC opened the doors, but not after taking a nervous breath.

Kara didn’t miss this and smiled to him, then her jaw dropped. She walked into the room of her dreams.  Maplewood furniture with cream and burgundy sheets and comforter on the bed.  The bed was the biggest king size bed she had ever seen.  She saw his side of the bed had already had a picture of them.  It was the selfie he has on his phone they took after their first night together lying-in bed.  It was her screen saver on her laptop as well as her caller id for him on her phone.

JC smiled as she walked around the room and was taking it all in, he then heard her gasp as she opened the walk in closet that was just redone while they were on the road.

Kara stepped into the closet and was no longer envious of Carly’s walk in being she had her own as well. The closet was twice the size of her master bedroom in her house now.  It too when you walked further was connected to the master bathroom.  She was in awe of the bathroom, it had double sinks, a sit/stand shower stall, a steam room, and jacuzzi bathtub bigger than Carly’s in her room. Kara imagined herself soaking in the tub in the not-so-distant future.

“Josh, please tell me I am not dreaming.”  Kara said as she slowly walked back into the bedroom.

JC said, “No and your office will be across from Carly’s room, but it’s not done yet, that should be done by move in day. I also got you brand new furniture for the office along with a matching laptop, computer and all the bells and whistles that come with it.”  He said pulling her to him. 

 

Kara smiled up and kissed him looking in his eyes, “you didn’t have to do all of this.” 

“I wanted to baby, I want my family to have everything they need and to be as comfortable as possible, my home is both your homes now.”  JC said leaning in and kissing Kara.  He pulled her closer to him and deepened the kiss.  Caressing Kara’s back feeling her breath shorten knowing he was getting to her.

Kara pulled back a little to look in JC’s eyes.  She smiled as she walked by him going over to the bed.  She looked back before crawling onto the bed and laying down most of the way.  She sat up and took her hair out of the clip that was holding it and let her hair fall around her face. 

JC looked at Kara as he walked over to his side of the bed climbing in.  he then looked at Kara and was a little worried, “You sure you want to do this. I-I mean is it safe to..”

Kara giggled as she then said, “Yes Josh it’s completely safe to do what we have in mind.”

JC smiled as he cupped her cheek bringing her close to her giving her a long mind-blowing kiss.  The kind he knew would get her weak with want.   He felt her fingers slowly caress the hairs on the back of his neck and her start to nibble on his lower lip.  He loves how she does that.

Kara rolled them over as she straddled him on the looking down at him as she removed her shirt.  She smiled down at him as he looked at her. 

JC sat up and kissed Kara.  While doing so he let the kisses go from her lips to the spot behind her ear that he knew made her weak.  Hearing her moan lightly he felt himself get even harder.  He was turned on since he left the doctor’s office knowing she was carrying his baby but now looking into his eyes with the same want and need, was getting him even harder. 

Kara smiled as she pulled away and helped him take his shirt off. She smiled as she started to caress his arms, starting at his fingers, and going to his biceps, loving how she felt his muscles. She smiled as she saw goose bumps creep up on his skin. She smiled as she whispered into his ear.

“Getting cold there sexy?”

JC smiled as he flipped her over to lay her down on the bed, looking at her body, 

JC looked into her eyes and said, “No just how you got me feeling right now is sending goosebumps all over me.”  He kissed her deeply and with such a passion Kara never felt before, EVER.

JC kissed Kara again then started to move down her body going to her breasts helping her take her bra off.

He smiled as he now started to notice they were somewhat firmer, fuller. He giggled a little as he touched her and saw how fast her nipples hardened at just the simplest of touches.

Kara was watching him as he saw how her body was reacting to his touches. They looked at each other.

“I see your body is changing a little already.” JC said.

“How can you tell?” Kara asked in a breathy tone feeling him touch her making her almost lose her mind.

JC smiled as kept touching her then started, “Well I like how your breasts are getting firmer and a little bigger too.” He said as he touched her seeing her nipples spring to life. He leaned down and began to lick and suck on her nipple while the hand that was feeling her other breast started to hitch up her skirt.

Kara slowly helped him get rid of her skirt and smiled as she laid back down watching him start to play with her.  She was going wild with how he was telling her all the ways he was telling her how she was changing too.

JC began to move his fingers to her folds and watched her face.  He looked down as he said, “God you are so wet, like a leak is falling here honey.” He wasted no time as he inserted two fingers into her while kissing her deeply.  He started a slow movement in and out and pulled away to see her face as he worked her.

Kara watched him watch her getting off to his fingers.  Kara sat up and made him stop as she was wild with passion. She took his shirt off as he took his pants and boxers off.  Kara let her fingers trail up and down his hard shaft as she felt his fingers continue to play with her already wet and aching center.

She shoved him so he was laying down as she removed her hand and replaced it with her mouth.  Going slow watching him watch her knowing he loved when she did this. 

JC had to stop Kara as he wanted to be inside her.  True he was but he wanted to have both come at the same time while inside her felling her make him feel whole.

Pulling Kara up he laid her back down and cupped her face looking into her eyes as he did he slowly guided himself into her. As he did, they both looked into each other’s eyes.  HE saw right into her soul as she did the same. He started to move slow.

“I love you so much Kara,” JC said while making love to Kara,

“I can’t describe how much I love you Josh,” Kara said.  

JC stopped while inside her and said, “You don’t have to right now, you have by just being here with me carrying our child and being you.”  He continued to move with Kara feeling her and filling her up as he was filled with so much love and emotion.  He looked down and as he came and saw Kara tear up. 

Kara smiled, knowing JC was worried he hurt her in some way, and she said, “These are tears of pleasure a pleasure I have never felt before.”  She said this as she felt waves of pleasure wash over her.

JC felt Kara let go and came himself. To both Kara and JC it was the most intense and powerful moment making love they have had….EVER.

 

 

Chapter 29 by kb4jc

Three weeks later

 

Kara heard the alarm go off and groaned.  She hit the off button and started to move as she looked at the side of her bed and shocked to see it empty.  She then heard the water running and smiled as she heard JC singing in the shower.  She got up and walked into the bathroom.  She walked in giggled as she continued to hear him singing.

 

JC jumped a little as he heard Kara giggling at him while he was in the shower. He poked his head out and smiled at Kara as she stood there with a smile on her face. “Good morning beautiful, I’m sorry I woke you.”

Kara smiled and said, “You didn’t the alarm did.”  She then went to do her business and brushed her teeth and smiled as she heard the water shut off and saw JC step out of the shower covering himself with his towel walking to the sink to brush his teeth.

JC finished and went behind Kara as she finished brushing her hair and pulling it up in a bun before starting her morning routine. He pretty much knew it down to a science. She took her shower before bed most nights, if not then she’d be up before him to shower and knew she was out of his and Carly’s way as to not cause morning chaos.  He smiled as she finished her light layer of makeup.  She then walked back to the closet that had what was a few pieces of clothing left being that today was the day.

Kara and Carly were moving into his house.  It was funny because it was four houses down from Joey and Bre as Carly was now ecstatic that she would be even closer than before to her best friend.  Only minus was that she was now 20 minutes away from Johnathan, Justin’s brother.  A minus for Carly but a bonus for JC and Kara, in the joking way they teased Carly on.

Kara went to the outfit she picked and was about to get dressed then heard the doorbell.  She looked at the time and sighed, “Gotta love my parents always early to any and all things” she said. Laughing as she heard Carly,

 

“I’ll let the grand parents in and I got the coffee going guys!” Carly said as she was already up as well.

 

Kara looked at JC and asked, “What time did she get up?”

JC smiled as he said, “She was up at the time I got up.  I heard her in her room and checked on her she was working on packing up the last of her photography stuff she left out last night working on her portfolio for school.”

“Good lord that girl is a workaholic” Kara said as she smiled.

“Like the two of us, but she has you making sure she does what is needed to get things done right.” JC said smiling at Kara.

“She learned that from you too.  Definitely didn’t get that from her mother and father” Kara said as she finished getting ready and then felt the wave of nausea hit her. 

She sat for a second and took a deep breath.

JC not missing a beat saw her face go a pale, “again?” he said to her as she looked at him.

She shook her head and got up going to the bathroom and did her daily routine of morning sickness and then sat there for a moment.  She stood back at the sink grabbed the mouthwash and rinsed her mouth out and looked to see JC standing there.

She sighed and said, “sorry you had to see that.”

JC walked to her and looked at her in the mirror saying, “sorry you have to go through that.” Kissing the top of her head.

Hey, it’s not that bad it’s only in the morning, so I am considering myself lucky, and it’s getting better too. But don’t let me forget the crackers for the car ride so I don’t get sick.”

“JC smiled as the then got serious for a second after getting ready, “Uh one question are we telling our parents about the baby yet or do you want to wait til after the wedding.”  

Kara thought for a moment. “I-I think my parents will look at me and know in a moment.  They both have very good instincts like that.  So how bout we let them find out and if they do then we admit it, if not then we will tell them at the wedding.” 

JC laughed as he cupped Kara’s face, “I like that idea, being that my mom will be the same way too.”  He kissed Kara fast as they heard Carly.

 

“Kara grandma and Pops want to get moving so I suggest you stop making out with my soon to be dad and get moving!” 

Kara cracked up as she said, “here we go let’s go home.”


JC smiled as he heard Kara say that.

 

During the next few hours, Kara, Carly, JC, Joey, Bre, well basically everyone was in JC’s house setting things up. 

Carly was quite surprised when she showed up to learn that JC had given her a semi master suite that had her own bathroom and a walk-in closet.  She considered creating the walk in as her darkroom but was shocked to learn that JC had created a dark/develop room downstairs for her to work in right across from his at-home studio so she could do her photography work there. in the office he presented her with the second step of the adoption process to be cleared and by the time Christmas came she’d officially be Carly Chasez, along with her mother Kara.

Carly took the letter and brought it up to her room and took the picture of herself and JC and put them in the double frame and put it on her wall by her mirror.  Right next to a picture of her with her mother and father, her real parents.  She smiled as she remembered JC showing her this room and seeing the letter on her desk:

Three weeks ago

Carly smiled as she walked into JC’s house, well their house now as she and Kara were now moving in.

She smiled as she was given many surprises as she walked in.

First was the spot in the garage for her new car she was getting when she got her license. 

Then the Burbon street pic on the wall in the family room as well as a few of their trips to Vegas, Seattle, Chicago and the three of them at her birthday party.  She smiled proudly as she saw her work being put on display in her new home.

“Your room sweetie?”  JC said as he led Carly to her bedroom.

Carly was in total shock seeing her room.  The color scheme she hoped for was there and the closet and bathroom alone she was choked up and excited to see this as well.  She hugged JC for what it felt like the millionth time that day.

“One more surprise for you, it’s down near my studio.” JC said as they walked down to his basement.

Carly saw a sign that showed her name on it.  Opening the door, she turned on the light and gasped.  It was her own office, photo studio filled with everything she could need and want.  She went to the basket and saw gift cards GALORE but saw another letter addressed to JC with a post-it on it saying, “two down one more to go…Love Dad.”

Carly opened the letter and read that it was the second of the three-part approval completed stating that by the end of the year JC and Kara would be her parents. 

Carly had a tear in her eye as she went to JC and said, “I love you Dad. So SO much!” and held on to him like never before.

Kara walked in and saw the show of emotion took Carly’s camera and got a journal shot of the two in a father/daughter embrace. Smiling at the love the two had for one another. 

Back to present day

 

 

“Hey Car,” JC said as she saw Carly with the letter from JC as she had it framed with a picture that was taken of the two of them by Kara three weeks ago it was next to the picture of her with her real parents and looked to Carly asking, “You okay sweetie?”

Carly smiled with a little tear dropping, “Y-yeah, just feeling,” She took a deep breath then said, “Blessed.  Blessed to have my mom and dad up there but have my mom and dad here watching me to, as well as a little brother and/or sister to spoil soon.”

JC smiled as he heard what was going on, but he felt his heart break a little for Carly.  He walked into the room and said to Carly, “You know you have all the right to feel however you feel sweetie.” Pulled her in for a hug and continued, “I know we don’t have the same stories for how we are adopted, and I don’t know how you feel from time to time with everything but know this, I will do my best to be the dad you should have and deserve,” then smiled, “I might even spoil you from time to time but that’s between us.”  He finished, “Just know this I will never hurt you or Kara, and the little one deserves the world and I want to give you all I can.”

Carly at that exact moment looked at JC and said, “Thank you dad.”  She gave her shy smile as she said that looking at him.

JC taken back by this just pulled her in again and hugged her even tighter.

 

The rest of the day went on as expected.

 

True to form Justin and Chris were playing pranks on everyone while having help from Kara’s nephews too being well that they were all in the same age range, mentally at the time.  

Kara was in the master bedroom setting up her clothes as well as her things in the bathroom that she was now sharing with JC.

She finished and went to the kitchen and smiled as she saw her father, Roy, and JC all sitting there looking at how her dad was looking at the lighting of the house and was of course giving his pointers as to what should be done to brighten it up.

Kara rolled her eyes, “Dad please let the boy breathe a little before you redesign his lighting in the house. “

David smiled as he kept going.  “I was giving your soon to be baby’s father some pointers and ideas, and he likes them so there little missy.” 

Kara froze mid sip of water and looked at her father, “Soon t-to be,” Kara was stuttering as she said this not knowing how her father of all people found out. 

David smiled and winked as Roy and JC both smiled, “Yeah I know, you of all people know I know you better than your mother!” He went to his daughter and gave her a big hug. 

“Dad, please don’t be mad, I” She was at a loss for words, then said “How the hell did you of all people figure it out.”

David smiled like the proud father he was.  He got up and went to give his daughter a hug, “Sweetie, I am smarter than your mother makes me think I am. And I will not tell you mom until you are ready to let her know, and also, when do you EVER turn down champagne.   Seriously you don’t have me fooled.”  He hugged her then went to JC and hugged him again.

Roy jumped up and went to the group and hugged them as well pulling away he said to both JC and Kerri, “I knew by your glow Kara,” he then said, “that and Karen noticed it too. But don’t worry we won’t let anyone else know,”  

Kara looked at her father, “You’re going to rub this into moms face saying you figured it out before her aren’t you?” 

David laughed and said, “You bet I am.”  He then said, “Not to be a bummer, when are you two planning the wedding?”

Kara and JC looked at each other and JC smiled as he said, “We are thinking of a weekend in Key West most likely in October.”

“Two months, that’s not a lot of time to plan.” Roy stated.

“It’s not going to be a huge wedding.  Just family and of course the hooligans that are causing mayhem in this house right now.  We have it planned for Columbus Day weekend.  We’d fly everyone down here that Thursday have the ceremony Friday and then if you want you can fly out Saturday or Monday and spend the weekend with us.”  JC said smiling, knowing they wanted to go to Hawaii but with the baby now being on the way Kara decided to keep it closer to home as well as earlier so she could fit into her wedding gown she wanted to wear. 

“I love the idea,” Roy said hugging Kara.

“How’s Carly feeling about all of this?”

Carly smiled and heard her name then state, “I can’t wait. and as you all know I am not doing the photography, well not the ceremony, but I got one of the other photographers to help with this.”  

With that Margret was in the hallway smiling as she heard the news of the wedding and of course her baby having a baby of her own.  She of course knew too, she turned to Karen who also heard the guys and Kara talking and walked in, “My sweet David, you think I didn’t know.  First of all, Roy you are right she’s got the glow and also, I notice how your son is not letting her lift anything heavy than the box of pillows and making sure she has something to eat every few hours too.  Second I am beyond thrilled to spoil another grandchild again.” 

Kara sighed relief as not the secret was mostly out.  The only ones that didn’t know were the guys and by the fact that Joey knew because of Kelly that’d be known sooner rather than later, wait no it’d be because of JC being so excited too.

 

Later that night Kara laid in the bathtub soaking in the bath relaxing herself after the stress of moving and getting everything done.  Shockingly it was done within one day.  She smiled as she thought to herself that she was right where she wanted to be.

Sher finished her bath, got out and got dressed.  She walked downstairs to grab a snack but as she was walking to the kitchen, she heard both Carly and JC in their respected offices working and talking together. 

Kara grabbed her snack and a cup of herbal tea and went to the living room sitting on the couch putting on the tv.  Flipping through the channels she rested on watching Modern Family. Relaxing again she snacked and watched tv hearing faint laughter from downstairs and smiled to herself feeling something she hadn’t felt in a LONG time.

She felt at home. And Not alone.

End Notes:

Just a filler next chapter will be soon.  

Chapter 30 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

filler for the next chapter 

 

Carly heard the alarm go off and sighed.  But then smiled knowing today was going to be an interesting day.  It was her first day as a junior in high school.  She got up and went to her bathroom started getting ready.  Loving how she didn’t have to fight anyone for a shower or bathroom as she had her own bathroom to get ready.

She walked out of her bathroom and looked at the outfit she picked for her first day of school.  It was a simple pair of black capris with the shirt she wore for her birthday. she took a sweater to cover the top half knowing she didn’t want to cause trouble at school and wanting to look her classy self.  She pulled her hair in a wet ponytail and put her light makeup on put her flip flops on.  She smiled as she walked out of the room and downstairs. She was surprised to see JC up as early as she was with Kara to boot.

“Okay, I knew Kara was going to be up for my first day, but this is a shock even my real dad never got up for a first day of school.” Carly said.

JC laughed as he saw Carly walk into the kitchen dressed for school. “I have to go to the studio for rehearsal and your mom has a meeting with Johnny and the planner for our wedding as well.”

“Ah, cool.” Carly said.

JC looked and asked, “What do you want for breakfast?”

Carly looked and said, “Just cereal. I’ll grab a coffee at school before homeroom.”

JC picked his head up as he said, “They have that at your school?”

Kara laughed as she was in the kitchen getting a bowl and spoon out for Carly she cut in, “Yes, they have a little Starbucks at her school, she’s been going there since she started. “ 

“Man, schools changed since I went.”  He stated as he looked Carly over.  “You look nice for your first day.”

Carly laughed and said, “Thanks,” she looked over her portfolio making sure her pictures were all in there and set the way she needed them.  She smiled as she zipped up her case putting it by the door with her camera bag given to her by JC as well as the backpack.  Going to the pantry by the fridge laughing as she saw what JC put in there, it was her favorite cereal with a post-it having her name only on it.

“Really dad, I am not as bad as Justin when it comes to this.” Carly stated going to the table as she sat down pouring a bowl of Rasin bran crunch into the bowl.  She went to say, “The only reason I did that is because Justin would take the last and not warn me while on the road, and to boot he did it when I was in the office two weeks ago, hence the chase down, he knew this was mine and did it.” 

JC laughed and said, “Don’t forget he’s not used to sharing, he failed that in kindergarten.”

“He made it past that grade?” Carly said.

JC was bout to sip his coffee and had to put it down because he was laughing so hard.  He stopped and said, “Ask Johnathan bout the sharing skills on that boy.”

“Oh, he’s told me some stories.” Carly said.

Kara smiled as she sat at the table and started on her breakfast which was yogurt with granola and berries.  It was one of the few things she could enjoy without getting sick in the morning due to her pregnancy.

“Hey mom, when is your next baby doctor appointment?”  Carly asked.  

“Next Tuesday,” Kara asked, “Why?

“Was just curious, do you get to find out what the baby is?”

Kara thought about it, by that time she would be just at the end of the first trimester.  Fourteen weeks to be exact.  “If not this appointment, then a month later, why?” 

Carly said nonchalantly, “Guys all have a bet on what the baby is.”

JC and Kara looked at her, JC shaking his head, “This I just GOTTA hear.” 

Carly cracked up, then went on, “Again its all of us against Justin, this also includes Johnny.  It’s him saying a girl and all of us saying a boy and Justin saying girl.”

JC shook his head, as Kara asked, “How much is this bet?:

Carly said, “100 a pop, if I win, I am giving my part of the bet to the baby and teaching my brother, to kick Justins ass in basketball as well as any other thing he THINKS, he’s good in,” Carly finished her food and went to put her bowl in the dishwasher along with her spoon and juice glass. Turning she asked, “Who’s driving me to school?”

Kara was about to say her but then JC smiled and said, “Why don’t we both go, then we can go to the office together, okay?”

Kara smiled and said, “Okay but I am only working a half day because I need to get her and still go to the store to grab dinner and cook.”

“I can get Joey to drop me off on the way after rehearsal.”  JC said kissing Kara on the cheek.

One drops off and an hour later Kara was sitting in her office working on some details for the upcoming concert. As she was typing, she was laughing at how JC was looking at the kids on their first day of school. She had to remind him it was not how it was when they went to school and that the times have changed.  

What was funnier was how Joey was shocked to see JC at the school dropping off Carly alongside Kara.  Kara laughed as Joey looked at him like he was confused.  What was funnier what how he went to JC to feel his head when they showed up to the office to make sure he was okay.

Kara then looked to the door and saw Lance walk in with a snack for her.  She cracked up as she knew he was probably told by JC to drop food off to her, so she didn’t get sick. 

“Hello mommy, Daddy sent me to give you this for a snack.” Lance handed Kara some peanut butter crackers and a banana with a bottle of seltzer water.

Smiling Kara took the food and smiled as Lance sat down at her desk.

“Thank you, Uncle Lance,” Kara said as she took the banana, peeled it and took a piece of it to eat.  As she opened the crackers, she saw Lance watching her and she shook her head, “if he told you to sit here and watch me eat, I will call him and yell at him.”

“Nah I wanted to give you something else as a congrats gift,” Lance said as he took the bag he had in his hands and gave it to her.

Kara smiled as she looked at the bag and opened it.  She laughed even harder when she pulled out an “N’ Sync” onesie as well as target and buy-buy baby gift cards. 

“Oh Lance, I love this!” she got up from her desk went over and gave him a big hug.

“I figured the baby can wear this either when he leaves the hospital or when he’s at home chilling with his uncles.”  Lance said, then smiled as she also pulled another onesie out saying “I love my Uncle Lance”

“Lance these are adorable thank you so so much.” Kara said. She heard the buzz and went to her phone.

“Kara speaking,”

“JC speaking, Tell Lance we’re waiting for him to dance again.” JC said smiling.

“Will do Babe.” Kara hung the phone and said, “They need you back in rehearsal.”

Lance smiled as he said, “See you later, Oh how did Carly make out going to school today.”

“Good I will know more once I get her later on.” Kara said smiling.

“Tell her hi and I look forward to seeing her this weekend.” Lance said

“Will do.’

 

Kara sat back down going back to work as she heard her phone ring again. She let it go seeing it was an unknown number.  She kept typing her report then heard the phone again. Again, she ignored the call seeing it was an unknown number. This time she wrote down the number and called it to let them know the unknown number that was calling being that the system was not supposed to let numbers like this go through.

Looking at the time she figured she’d pack it in and go to the store before getting Carly from school.  She packed up and went to the rehearsal studio to tell JC she was leaving for the day.  Walking down she was stopped by James from IT on the way to the studio. “Kara, gotta sec.”

Kara smiled to James saying, “Of course, what’s up?”

"The number you saw that called and you ignored we put a trace on it.” James said.

JC saw Kara outside the rehearsal studio and smiled but then saw her talking to IT.  “Hey guys can we take five Kara’s bout to leave I want to see her off before she goes.” He said walking out.

Just as he walked out he heard James speaking to Kara,

“Kara,” James said then saw JC “The number was traced to a cell phone number based out of the  Los Angeles area,”

“So what does this mea-“ then Kara’s cell phone went off, she saw it was Bre’s number, she put her finger up for a moment, “Hey Bre what’s going on?”


“Kara, I need you and dad and Josh to come to the school and get Johnny and whomever you need.”

“What’s wrong Bre,” she looked to JC who called Joey and like normal all the guys came out.

“It’s Carly, she’s been Kidnapped…. By Bobbi, and she’s being held at gun point in the principal’s office.” Bre said as she started crying again.

Kara lost her breath and fell to the floor. She looked at JC and James who sprung into action.

JC grabbed the phone, “Bre, we are on our way with your father, call your mom and tell her go get there too.”  JC hung the phone up and looked Kara.

“Josh, I-“Kara was cut off by JC who pulled her into him.

 

“She’s gonna be fine, let’s get to the school,” JC said.

“Here, I’ll drive leave the cars here boys we’ll continue whenever,” Joey said as they all ran to his car.

 

 

Chapter 31 by kb4jc

Carly looked at Bobbi as she sat at the principal’s desk, the gun resting on top.  Carly was still shocked that all this was going down but heard her father, her REAL father from above watching her and guiding her telling her what to do.

Keep talking to her, just keep them talking and when you see a kink strike and take control. I am going to tell you when to do this just listen to my voice baby girl, Kara and Josh are on the way Bre and Uncle Joe and your other Uncles are all on the way to show support and love.  This will be over by the time they arrive, and you will be safe in their arms.

Carly looked up to the sky and then down to Bobbi who was looking at her, taking a deep breath Carly started speaking, “Bobbi?”

Bobbi looking to Carly said sharply, “What.”

“Why are you doing this? I mean why now? After all these years you now decide to make my dad’s life hell.  What he’s not allowed to live his life and be happy because you’re not? Who’s fault is that? It’s not Josh’s fault. It’s yours.  Like it was my own fathers’ fault for what he did to Kara.” Carly stated.

 

 She looked at how Bobbi started to tense up at first then started to slouch her shoulders.  Bobbi then said, “I-I don’t know how to let him go, and it’s not fair she gets what I want. I never lost at anything, and I am losing this, I never wanted this to happen.” Bobbi said as she looked at Carly.

Good girl, you’ve got this. You are stronger when smarter.  Just Keep doing what you are doing, She’s Getting weaker.” Nate said watching over her from above.

“Bobbi,” Carly said leaning in a little bit, “Look, you lost, at your own game, a game you wanted to play, roll the dice and you crapped out.  What’s worse is you did this with his best friend. You didn’t think he would find that out either?  My father did the same thing with my mom, but Kara was just as smart as dad and caught on.”

Good Girl, I will tell you when” Nate said as if he was right next to his daughter.  Guiding her on, making her disarm Bobbi.

Getting up Carly went to Bobbi seeing the gun by her hand but knowing this was it, it was now or never, she had to play the next move very VERY carefully.

“Not yet baby.” He said.

Sending a look to the sky as to have her father watch her, she then went and said, “This isn’t the way to get their forgiveness, this is a way to make them hate you more.  And how it looks now, your game is done, so let’s just have you give up and call it quits.” 

“GO FOR IT NOW!” Nate said.

As Carly said this, she had that split second to grab the gun and beat Bobbi to the punch and got it in her hands, she pointed it to Bobbi and then went to the door that and yelled, “HELP!!!”

Bobbi saw what was happening and lunged to Carly but missed her and fell to the ground, as Carly moved to the file cabinet that Bobbi had opened to block herself off cutting her leg, but she didn’t notice it due to the adrenaline.

 Just as this was happening the police came charging in.  Carly stood there and saw what was going on around her.  Bobbi was arrested and taken away by the police. Carly noticed then noticed she had a gash on her leg and looked to see Ms. Holt, the school nurse and a paramedic come to her, asking her to sit down.

It was then that Carly started to shake and cry, she had never been so scared in her life before.  But somehow, she stayed calm, knowing that her father, her REAL father was there to watch over her and guide her to do what was needed.

“Way to go sweetie, I am so proud of you.” He said watching over her.

The principal as well as Kara and JC walked in and saw Carly sitting there. 

Kara went to one side of Carly as JC went to the other and sat near her as she was being tended to.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” JC asked.

“I know you are in great hands now.  Be with your family.  I will come to you again soon and I will keep guiding you if you EVER need, but I know JC and Kara are doing amazing with you sweetie.” Nate said as his soul left the room leaving Carly well protected but sad all at the same time.

Carly just shrugged her shoulders as she sat there. She looked to JC then and broke down. Crying

JC didn’t know what to do so he pulled her to him and let her cry.

“Carly honey, you need to go to the ER, this cut is too deep and needs stiches, and unfortunately the ambulance will have to take you sweetie.” Nurse Holt said.

Carly snapped out of it and said, O-okay. She looked to JC and Kara and said, to the paramedic, “Can they both go with me?” 

“Sorry honey only you can go at this time.” The paramedic stated.

Carly had a look of not wanting to be alone but knew she had no choice due to protocol.  She sighed and said, “okay.”

JC saw her being wheeled out on a stretcher he then had an idea and smiled to himself but before doing what he wanted he looked to Joey.

Without words Joey said, “I  will drive us there, I have Chris getting your car and taking it to your house he will meet me at mine when we get back.”

JC just hugged Joey as they all walked and saw Carly getting loaded onto the ambulance.

Once in the car JC faced timed Carly as Kara looked to see what he was doing.

 

Carly was tearing up as she was being pulled away but then saw JC facetiming her, she answered right away, “What’s wrong dad,”

“Well, I know we can’t be in there with you, but we are there with you.  Your mom and I are with Uncle Joey, and Bre on the way to the hospital right now.  So, we can face time and be with you the whole way there.”

A fresh set of tears came to as she felt cared for, she smiled a little as she looked out the little window and saw Joey and Bre in the car waving to her. “Hey, I see Uncle Joe and Bre, I take it you are with them?” Carly said seeing the car behind them.

Kara smiled as she said, “Yep and your other Uncles are going to our house with Josh’s car and will most likely be there when we get done at the er,” Kara said then asked, “How are you honey?”

Carly sighed and finally admitted, “Relieved this shit is all over now. Sad that I had to miss most of my first day of school, well sort of, for that.” Carly said hearing JC and Kara chuckled. She got serious and said, “I will tell you the rest once we are in the ER room, I don’t want this to be broadcast with others hearing.  It’s a private moment thing.” Carly said.

“Totally understood baby girl.” JC said smiling to the phone.  

The trip to the er was easier than anyone could’ve imagined.  Carly again had to give the story of what happened, and she did it with ease knowing all of this would have to be repeated a few times again and she told them what happened and how it happened.

How Carly walked into homeroom then to her first two classes then while walking to her third period class she was dragged by the arm by a woman in a hoodie.  Carly knew it was her by the bracelet on her writs showing Bobbi’s name on it.  She was then thrown into the principal’s office by the arm which also was sprained, and she didn’t notice it until she got to the er but was okay just needed ice and an ace bandage. How she was held at gun point with Principal Mandelson whom had passed out then was thrown out of his own office by Bobbi.   How she was able to talk Bobbi down and get the gun away.  Every detail she let them all know.   

 

Kara and JC were amazed at Carly’s strength and courage to do what she did and how she did it.  She didn’t see the scared meek little girl she had seen years ago.  In front of Kara was a smart, tough beautiful woman full of the strength and determination she needs to fight and survive anything thrown her way.

 

Carly laughed at how JC got a little pale as he saw her get a tetanus shot and he walked right out for the needle he saw.  She knew his deadly fear of needles and joked with the nurse and doctor when they were treating her about his fear.

 

Carly breathed a sigh of relief as she was let go out of the hospital with the okay to go to school the next day but to go to the doctor the end of the week to get a wound check and to keep her leg as clean as possible for the next few days to let the dura-bond glue stiches help close the injury up.

She looked up to the sky and said, “Thank you Dad for keeping an eye on me.”  She then left the hospital room to go home and rest.

 

Chapter 32 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

before you start i want to say it's a total honor and shock to be a featured story on this site. Gives me all the feels..so from the bottom of my heard, THANK YOU!

Later that afternoon they all got home; Carly smiled as she walked in.  To her surprise there was a huge bouquet of yellow, and pink roses in a vase on the table. Next to a Winne the Pooh stuffed animal with a bandage on its left leg like hers.  She laughed as she went to the bear seeing it was from her uncles and smiled then she read the card to the blushed.

JC went behind her and said, “This boy has it for you.” Seeing that Johnathan signed for the flowers.

Carly smiled as she smelled them.  He was texting me while in the exam room so worried, he wanted to come over, but Uncle Justin said let me rest and that he’ll see me tomorrow for school.”

“You okay to go to school tomorrow?” JC asked as he helped her sit in the living room.

Kara watched on as she saw JC start to care for her.  She smiled noticing how he was being attentive to her every need.  At this moment she fell even deeper in love with JC.  If that was even possible.

Carly smiled and said, “Yeah, I can’t miss school I need to do a layout for the paper as well as get the rest of my assignments.”

“I think the teachers would be okay if you missed a day or two baby girl.” JC said sitting next to her.

“Where am I going to go.  I don’t want to be home alone and if I go to the office, I will be bored out of my mind.  There’s only so many pranks and joking I can do on the guys and you dad.  And I want to be around my friends and just in a normal space to be honest.  I will be better if I did that. Plus, the principal and basically the whole school knows what happened so I don’t’ have to worry about drama, and if there is any, I will just let it roll off my back.” Carly said plain and simple. 

“Okay no problem.” JC said kissing the top of her head.  He sensed she was holding back something and was worried.

Carly saw the look on JC’s face and didn’t want to hide what she went through, so she let him and Kara know what happened. Again, she felt her father’s presence around to let her know they’d be okay with this.

“When I was being held hostage, my dad was there. Watching me, telling me what to do, how to take her down, how to keep talking to her to get her calm and not do anything bad to me.  It was like he was guiding me through this crazy fucked up situation and was telling me what was going on outside like you and mom were there, that you both were going to care for me and be there.”

Carly sat forward and told them the rest, how her father, her real father was watching from above and telling her what to do and when. And how while in the ambulance he said he would watch but only come if he felt like she needed him and, in a way, she felt warmth around her like he was hugging her and then went back to his spot watching over her.  

Kara had tears in her eyes, as to know that even if he weren’t there for her, Nate would always be watching his daughter and guiding her in times of need.  To know she felt him telling her what to do made her feel a comfort.  What made her more comfortable was how JC was sitting with Carly letting her have this moment and emotions, and that Carly was comfortable enough to be open and honest with JC on what happened and how she was feeling at any given time.

Kara snapped out of it and said, “ I know you didn’t have your first day of school per say but we could still have your traditional dinner if you wand Carly.”

 

Carly smiled as she said, “Yes please but extra love in mine if you don’t mind”

Kara laughed as she went to the pantry and grabbed a bag of Hershey kisses, a spoon and the peanut butter and gave it to Carly before starting dinner.

JC smiled as he went to the counter in the kitchen and looked at Kara getting things out. “We can order in if you want to.”

Carly heard this and said, “Oh HELL NO!”  this has been a traditional first day of school dinner treat since we moved here, and it sticks and JC you of all people will LOVE this dinner.” Carly said taking the chocolate and peanut butter eating it.  

Kara smiled as she started making the bacon as well as getting all the ingredients out.  It was one of Kara’s specialties, Chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes.  Kara learned to make them and once Carly had them she was over the moon in love with them.  It was the only thing she ever asked for dinner on the first day of school night.  Joey and Kelly had them last year as a surprise and Kara knew to make some extra to bring to work for Joey as well. 

 

JC watched as Kara made dinner and was enjoying the scene in front of him. The conversations between Carly Kara and himself, seeing Kara cooking a meal for the three of them, he offered to set the table. As he set it, for dinner.

 

True to Carly’s word, this meal didn’t disappoint.  These had to be the best pancakes he had ever had.  While eating, he asked to have these for his birthday meal every year as well as at Christmas day.

“Well, they are made for birthdays as well as Christmas so no worries.” Kara said as she saw the leftovers.  Smiling she got up and grabbed a Tupperware dish putting the remaining pancakes and bacon all but two of each pancake and some bacon in two of  the dishes.

JC smiled as he saw what she was doing. He then asked, “the bigger one is for Joey and the little one is for you for work tomorrow?”

Kara smiled as she said, “You know me oh so well.” She turned to Carly and asked, “do you want the left over for breakfast tomorrow I have enough for you tomorrow?”

Carly smiled and thought to herself then said, “sure and keep two for dad too. Since he’s in rehearsal for the last performance he needs the extra carbs.”  She got up and said, “I am actually beat, I am going to go look at what needs to be done for school and then go relax in my room, “ as she stepped away she said in the most child like tone she had in a long time, “can you guys tuck me in tonight?”

JC and Kara smiled as they both said, “Sure baby girl.” 

Just as Carly went down to her office JC saw Kara cleaning up and got up to help her then had an idea, “Hey baby, go take a long hot bath I got this, you had a crazy day too.” 

Kara for the first time since she lived there made a sigh of relief and said, “Thank you I will be in the tub soaking if you need or want me.” 

JC finished cleaning up dinner and heard the phone ring.  Not to have anyone be bothered he answered it.  “Hello?”

“Hey man, it’s Joey wanted ot see how Carly is doing?” Joey said.

“She seems to be okay she’s just finishing some schoolwork then going to go to bed. I let Kara go take a bath being she’s pregnant and all and needs some rest too. “ JC said finishing cleaning up.

Joey then asked, “And how are you doing.  This was a shit ton of crazy today dude.”

JC went to his bedroom and sat down on the bed and for the first time let his true feelings come out on how he felt.  “Joe I got to be honest, I was have NEVER been so scared in my life. I thought Carly was going to die today and be taken from us.   I-I can’t even fathom this.  I never knew a feeling like this before and I would kill and hurt anyone that hurt these two women in my life and my unborn child.  I have never felt or knew a love like this ever existed.”  JC said getting emotional.

“I know man, it’s nuts how having a family changes everything,” Joey stated as he felt what JC was feeling at that time. He continued, “It’s a blessing and I got to say this Kel and Bre both saw how you were there for Car and Kar today and how you love them both.  Keep doing what you are doing boy.  You are going to slay this.”

JC felt tears come to his eyes by just the thought of losing Carly came to his mind and he was so upset, but not with her or Kara but with himself for not having extra security for Carly even for school.  He should’ve had one of the guards there to keep tabs and make sure she was safe for the day.  Joe had to remind him it wouldn’t be good to overprotect her like that and that Carly acted WAY beyond her age today and if anything, he should be proud of her and how she handled this.  All the guys heard what happened and were beyond amazed at how she handled this.

Kara stood in the doorway hearing how JC was talking to Joey on the phone and smiled as she heard how caring and concerned JC was about Carly.  He just hung up and Kara came out dressed in a pair of his sweats and her favorite Yankees tee.  Just as she was about to see how he was feeling Carly came to their doorway.

 

“Guys, I’m gong to bed.” Carly said,

Looking at each other they both went to her room and tucked her in.

“Hey dad?” Carly said laying on her side.

“What’s up?” he said as he stood by the doorway.

“Thank you for being there for me today. I know hearing what happened with my father freaked you out a little and if it did, Just know you’ve been here for me since he left and won’t make me feel alone or lost.”  Carly said as she laid there.

JC felt a tear slip his eye and wen to her hugging he close. As he pulled away he said even with the tear in his yet, “Carly I will NEVER judge you for your feelings for your father,” he took a breath and said next, “And even though you are not mine by blood you are my baby girl and will always be my baby.  I would and always will walk to hell and back for you and your mom.  Always, ALWAYS, Know this please.”

Carly smiled and said, “I know dad, I love you.”

JC smiled as he kissed her cheek and left the room feeling a kind of high no alcohol and drugs could ever give him. 

He felt as if he had a mission and a goal and was determined to keep it up. 

That was to make him AND his family he had now happy.

Chapter 33 by kb4jc

It had been two weeks since the whole fiasco with Bobbi.  Life went back to normal, and Carly was thankful for that.  She did go to school the next day and was bothered by a few students and had to retell the story over and over, and over again.  She didn’t really care because it made it easier for her to cope and deal with it rather than hold it in and keep what happened as her own personal thing.

She was thrilled to learn that she did get the lead photographer for the school paper. She was over the moon to get the spot and was lead layout designer with the editor in chief. Working on layouts and how the flow of the paper would be.  

She was picked up by Joey and Breanne today being that her mother and JC had a Doctors appointment.  A very important doctors’ appointment.

Today was the day they’d find out the sex of the baby.  Whether it was a boy and the guys were richer or if it was a girl and Justin was finally able to win a bet with all the guys.    As Calry went downstairs she saw a note with a sack lunch made for her which she smiled like.

 

Good morning Missy,

JC and I didn’t want to bother you being we are going to the office fast bc he has to drop demos and final notes off for the performance tomorrow and then to the doctor’s appointment. 

Now don’t worry we are having a gender reveal party at work after you and Bre get out of school which Kelly will pick you up from then bring you here and then we are going to the bridal shop to go for the final fitting of our dresses. 

Love you text me when Joey and Bre pick you up from school.

Love,

Mom

Then in his writing,

PS dad loves you baby girl!

 

Carly laughed as she got a pop tart, a banana, and a Snapple out of the fridge and started eating.  Just as she finished eating, she heard Joey honking.  She got her keys bags and left for school

“Good morning princess number two.”  Joey said

“Good morning Uncle Joey.” Carly said smiling she did a fist bump with him as well as her secret handshake with Bre and smiled sweetly with Bre to Joey.   He just shook his head as he drove them to school.

They made small talk and were still betting on who was going to win. Being around Joey and Bre was always a fun time and after the whole situation he came over a few times with Bre to make sure she was okay.  She loved him for that as well as the other guys too.

Once arriving to school Carly laughed as she saw a half-awake Justin dropping off Johnathan to school and she had to get a rib in on him before walking in the building.  Looking in her backpack she had a spare pack of pop tarts and went to the car knowing he’d be slightly offended but laugh all the same.

“Hey Justin, here I know you are worse than me with no food in the am and I can tell you didn’t eat by the grumpy look on your face.” Carly handed him the pop tarts and saw him look at her then shake his head and took a bite.

“Dam girl knows me as well as everyone else.”  He then said to stir the pot “Hey Carly, why don’t you give my money now I know that baby is a girl!” Justin said,

Just then Joey drove by him and said, “Boy you will never win. Hell, I bet you 50 you can’t beat me to the studio right now being you are dead tired.’

Just then Joey peeled out of the lot and took off to school.

Johnathan laughed as he looked at his brother and Joey racing up the block to the studio.

He looked to Carly and said, “And here I thought we were the kids.  Man was I wrong.”

Carly smiled and said, “No we are the kids, but they are the bigger kids.”  She Bre and Johnathan walked into school to get their day going.  Carly laughing at how Justin was acting as if he was going to win this bet.

 

 

Kara and JC sat in the examination room waiting for Dr. Covuci to show up.  Kara sighed as she noticed she gained another 3 pounds and was worried but then saw JC make a face saying it was for the baby and she still looked amazing.  The Dr took blood work a week ago and they were here for her third check up to see how things were moving as well as find out what they were having and more importantly, how the baby was doing.

JC sensed her nerves and took her hand. He smiled to her and asked, “Nervous?”

Kara looked at him and said, “a little, I just want to know this is gong well and that the baby is okay.”

JC smiled as he placed a hand on her little bump that was just starting to show and said, “Kara, I know everything is fine. You can tell you are pregnant now, well a little bit but it’s a good thing you are doing well. And I know you better than you think baby, if there was something wrong you’d be calling the doctor to find out what’s going on as soon as you could. “

Kara smiled as she heard JC reassure her. “Carly?” knowing that she said something to JC.  Being she never hid anything from him. At all!

JC smiled and said, “Yes. She told me the other night you were worried bout the two tests you had and said even thought he techs at the tests said it looked well you were still skeptical. “

Kara smiled then said, “And what is her take on this?”

“That you are comparing this to the first pregnancy, and you are scared but you need to enjoy this and know that you are not alone on this and you are well protected.” JC said kissing her forehead.

Just then the doctor walked in smiling at the two. “Okay, you two no hanky panky stuff here,” She said smiling

“Hey Alicia, how are you?” Kara said.

“I am good Kara, how are you feeling?”  she asked

“I feel pretty good, baby is getting a little bigger.” Kara said rubbing the protruding part of her stomach that was coming out.

Alicia not believing her, “And dad? Is she behaving and all and feeling good at home?”

JC smiled as he said, “Yes she’s been very good she sleeps well, and I don’t let her do anything too strenuous, and the morning sickness is only when she forgets to eat but she rarely does that now.”

Kara rolled her eyes giggling a little to herself.

“Good, well I can safely say you are in your second trimester and all your tests came back looking perfect Kara, you are doing wonderfully.”  Alicia said smiling and seeing Kara’s whole body and tension flow away from her.  Continuing she said to her, “ready to do the ultra sound?”

“Yep”. Kara laid back as the doctor got ready and set up. 

JC smiled as he sat next to Kara and took her hand right away smiling down at her.  she jumped a little as she felt the ultrasound gel go on her stomach. JC laughed at her as she did this. 

“What that crap is cold.” Kara said as she felt the scanner start being moved around her  little bump on her stomach.

“Okay here we go,” Alicia said as the picture of the baby came into view in front of all three of them.  She started to explain, “Here’s the head, looking good, size is looking good, the arm, you see the heart beat nice and strong.  At this point you are officially 4 months pregnant Kara and doing very well.  Now do you want to see if what this baby is gender wise or is this a gender reveal to be a secret.”

JC smiled as he said, “It’s a gender reveal part this afternoon at our job and Carly will shoot us if we don’t share this moment with her.

Alicia knowing the gender was invited this afternoon and knew the baby gender, and being she gave the slip to the baker she jus smiled. “Okay well you are doing great Kar, we will make an appointment for three weeks from today…get ready yow both will be able to feel the baby move soon.  Kar have you felt this?”

Kara smiled and said, “Yeah when im at my desk it moves but I can only feel lit not anyone else.”

JC smiled as he asked, “Will I be able to feel this on her soon?”

Alicia smiled as she said, “Might be as soon as tonight or some point this week. “she then smiled as Kara cleaned herself up got off the table and took the pictures that were saved for her and went to make her next appointment.

“I’ll see ya’ll in about an hour for the reveal party.”

“Let’s go back to work sweetie.” JC said as he and Kara walked out hand in hand to the car to go to work.

 

ONE hour later at the office.

Kara cracked up as she walked into the cafeteria in the office seeing Justin wear a shirt saying team girl and the others all wearing team? although they were all in on the bet.

Justin was dead set on this being a girl finally wining a bet on the other guys that he wanted it known.  The other guys rolled their eyes.

The “cake” was out sitting with a picture of the sonogram as well as cupcakes made by Breanne, who since starting school found a love for baking and was good at it too. It was nice to see Bre finding something she love to do.  

As for the “cake” Breanne didn’t’ want the secret to know about the gender of the baby.  She and Carly NEVER keep secrets from one another, and this would be out so fast it would make others heads spin.
 

And not far behind was Carly with her camera taking pictures of the event and smiling and laughing at everyone there.  she was planning on making a photo slideshow for Kara’s baby shower to play during the party as she wanted to have pictures from now and on their wedding day which was now three weeks away.   She was so excited for all that was happening she couldn’t wait.

“Okay all.” Kara said now being in the center of the room with her parents, JC and his parents as well as Carly, and on video calls her sister as well as Tyler and Heather, being they couldn’t get off work for the reveal. But some how they too were in on the bet.  Her sister and heather on Justin’s side and Tyler with everyone else.

“I just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to show up to the reveal of our baby from near and far. This means so much to us and we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts.” Kara said smiling.

Kara and JC took the knife that was on the table and looked to one another as they cut in to the cake.  They both looked at one another and so slowly pulled out the knife to see pink.  Kara laughed as she saw this and smiled. She and JC raised the knife and showed it to be pink.

Everyone smiled and cheered but no one louder than Justin as he did a back flip and ran around the room.

Smiling everyone who was on the bet gave Justin their money as did heather get money from Tyler and Tracy get money from her husband who thought it was a boy.  After he took the money from the people that he bet he went to Kara an handed her the winnings.

“This here is for my future Niece. Put this and this away for her college tuition.” Justin said handing JC an envelope with the winnings on top.

JC looked in the envelope and was moved to see Justin gave his other baby girl 10,000 dollars in us bonds.  “Thanks man, we will open an account for her once she arrives to keep this in.”

Carly smiled and took pictures of the whole thing smiling at how she was going to have a baby sister.  True she thought it was a boy but was so happy it was to be a girl as well.

 

Later that night Kara laid in bed with her phone at her belly playing some music to her stomach. It was classic baby lullabies as she hummed to it softly.

JC smiled as he walked in and saw Kara laying there.  He laid down near her and smiled listening to her hum and then finish as she took her phone and place it on the nightstand.

“Hey handsome.” She said smiling at him as they laid there. he kissed her then laid his head down on her stomach kissing her belly then laying his head there. 

JC took a breath and then said, “Hello little lady. This is your father speaking to you.”

Kara laughed as she heard him speaking to their daughter. She listened on as he spoke.

“Now I would call you baby girl but your sister is baby girl so you will be known as my little lady.” JC said as he talked to the baby. 

He continued on, “I want you to know you, your mom and your sister are the most important people in my life. And” JC looked to Kara as he then sang, “In all of creations great and small, your mom is the one who mastered this all…her love is precious just like a pearl, they broke the mold when she came in this world.”  He looked continued and sang, “and I’m trying hard to figure out, Just what I did with out, the warmth of her smile the heart to love her children, so deep inside keeps me purified.”

Just then the baby kicked, and JC felt it. His eyes going wide and amazed. “Holy hell that was amazing.”

Kara smiled at him as she said “that’s you inside of me Josh.”

JC smiled as he moved Kara’s night shirt up a little and kissed her bare belly. Then went to her face cupped it and kissed her slowly and lovingly.  

Carly walked by their room to say good night but saw JC speaking to Kara’s stomach and her new little sister and, as always had her camera on her and was able to get a zoomed in shot of JC speaking to the baby.  She took it saved it and would give this to him as a gift.


“Knocking she popper her head in and said, “Night guys!”  then she herself went to Kara’s stomach and said, “Night ill sis. Love you!”

Carly went to her room and thought to herself how psyched she was for three weeks from now.  Kara and JC will be married, and Carly would have a family all over again.

Life was looking good.

Chapter 34 by kb4jc

Kara woke up and rolled to see nobody in bed with her.  she then smiled as she said to herself,

“I’m getting married today.” She climbed out of bed went to the bathroom and did her usual morning routine.  She then saw a red and white rose with a note.

to my beautiful bride and little lady, I love you both more than you will ever know.  See you in a few hours. Love Josh aka Daddy.”

 

Kara smelled the roses and then felt her little girl kick her as if to tell her she too was excited.  Kara looked down and patted her slight bump and said, “You are one of the three luckiest girls ever little one.”

Kara got dressed and ready. And went to the room next to her which was being shared by Carly and Breanne.  She knocked as she then saw Carly awake smiling.

“Hello beautiful bride and lil sis” she said talking to Kara and her belly.

She jumped up and said, “Look what dad got me and Breanne!“ she pointed to the dozen pink and white roses for both girls.

Kara smiled as she saw the beautiful flowers and had a thought. “I want you to carry these instead of the bouquet down the isle today.”

Carly shocked said, “Okay but why?”

“Because your dad will love that.” Kara said.

Carly smiled as she put the flowers by the door to carry at the request of her mom.

 

Two hours later everyone was in the bridal suite of the hotel getting ready.  Kara was in her private suite finishing her touches on her gown and looked in the mirror seeing her self-dressed up she smiled at the gown she picked for today. 

An ivory white vera wang maternity gown that was empire waist with pearl and diamond studs at  the bustier of the dress and flowed out to hide her growing baby.  This was the third dress she tried on and when her mom and Karen, JC’s mom as well as Carly saw her in it got choked up that was it she knew she found the dress.

Her hair was up in a simple bun with curly tendrils falling over her face that was made up by Kelly.

Carly knocked on the door, “Mom? You decent.”

“Yeah” , Kara said still looking at herself in the mirror.

Carly and her friend Marcus an associate from the paper were there and he took the picture of her looking at herself in the mirror and Carly smiled knowing he got a great shot of her in he mirror.

Carly smiled and got a little choked up as she walked over to her mom smiling at her. “Mom you look so beautiful.”

Kara smiled as she hugged Carly then looked at her gown.  It was a very simple chiffon turquoise blue empire dress that had rhinestone straps.  It was perfect on her as her hair was in a French braid with baby’s breath in it as well as one of the pink roses from the flowers JC gave her that morning. Her make up was flawless and she looked adorable.

Marcus got the shot of the two in a sweet an loving hug then a picture of Karly’s mother sister, Heather, Bre and Kelly all in the room with her smiling and loving on her.

Just as they finished it was time to go down to the beach to the ceremony.

 

 

JC smiled as he walked down to the beach where the ceremony was going to be taking place.

He got the entire floor of the Hyatt Centric in key west reserved for everyone involved in the ceremonies and wedding and of course he got the best room for him and Kara for that night.  Asking for ginger ale for both to toast with later that night.

He got ready in the room he shared with Tyler and was standing there with Tyler his best man, and the guys all as groomsmen.

He was thrilled to see how the ceremony area turned out.   It was done to Kara’s wishes.  Turquoise blues and soft pinks were all over the place with the altar being straight ahead overlooking the now slowly setting sun.  He stood waiting for the ceremony to start.

 

He smiled as he saw first Breanne, followed by Kelly, Heather, Tracy (Kara’s sister), and then Carly.  JC saw her carrying the pink and white roses he had delivered to her this morning and got choked up knowing why she was carrying them.

The wedding march cued up and he saw everyone stand.  Then he looked and she was there.  His bride. Tears came to his eyes as he saw just how beautiful she looked in her wedding gown.  It was just like she described that one-day months ago when they got engaged and more.  She looked simply stunning.

Kara felt a tear slip from her eye as she saw JC standing at the end of the altar as her parents walked her down the aisle. He was dressed in beige linen pants with a white linen shirt just like she envisioned him.  She felt all she needed to feel right then and there as she kissed her mother and father, and her father gave her away.

JC let the tear he had slip and he said to Kara, “You look stunning.”

Kara winked and said, “As do you.”

 

Kara and JC smiled as the ceremony began and made the traditional vows with tears shed and love overflowing to everyone there showing the true love for one another.

Finally, the minister said, “JC and Kara you have come forth and shown your love through the exchange of rings and vows.  By the power vested in me by the state of Florida I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride. “ 

JC took Kara’s face in is hands and gave her the most romantic kiss he could think of at that moment. He felt Kara go weak, knowing what he was doingand he dipped her low and kept kissing her laughing at the end to the catcalls and cheering of their friends and family.

Carly happily announced, “Family and Friends may I introduce you for the very first time Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Chasez.”

Kara walked hand in hand back down the aisle with JC smiling so big it was crazy. they waited at the end of the ceremony area to welcome guests to the reception and to receive their well wishes.

“Congratulations guys! I am so so happy for you both!”

“You two make a beautiful couple.”

“Welcome to the family both of you.”

Kara and JC smiled, hugged, and kissed the people that came for the ceremony.   

JC held Kara close at the times they were talking to people and didn’t want to let her go at all. 

Carly laughed as her friend from school was taking pictures and seeing her give her a thumbs up or down on the shot. Carly went to Marcus and told him she wouldn’t have given him the job to do if she didn’t trust his taste.  This made Marcus laugh and enjoy his time getting all the pictures he could of the ceremony and some formals that Carly knew Kara would want.

Kara and JC enjoyed the cocktail hour they planned.  It was outside at the tiki bar set up to her wishes and requests. The tables had a lighter turquoise as well as ivory and soft pink and lilac like the flowers all the girls were wearing to match their dresses. The lighting was done in brushed chrome and twinkle lights adorned the bar and around the food area.  There was soft piano music being played to make it a light and enjoyable experience.

The cocktail hour was filled with many foods to appeal to anyone’s appetite.  

The reception was held in a gazebo on the property also decked out in the colors of the bridesmaids’ dresses with small splashes of light pink, ivory and lilac. The tables were set up with centerpieces that had the same flowers the bridesmaids carried in water with battery operated twinkle lights in the center or the vases of the flowers to make it have a soft romantic glow.

The hall looked like the beach under the stars at night.  It was beautiful.

The reception was a blast as everyone drank danced and enjoyed the food served all night long.  As it was time for the first dance of the newly married couple JC had a surprise for Kara.

“I know you didn’t want any surprises, but I do have one. It’s a song I recorded for us to dance to and it will be our song and our song alone.  Here it is.”  JC then went to the center of the dance floor with Kara and saw the DJ go start the song for them.

Kara looked to JC as they started to dance knowing he had a trick up his sleeve. She smiled at him as the song started.


I’ve been standing in the shadows
Where everyday feels like night
It’s like trying to watch the wind blow
I just need to feel your light

 


Your heart surrounded by a wall you’ve built there
And every time you hurt it gets so high

JC started to sing very softly to the song while holding Kara. He looked to her while he was singing.  She looked at him and it clicked he had been humming this song for the past month and she was for the longest time trying to figure out what he was always humming around her.


Let’s tear it down
And build some love
Build some love
Let’s tear it down
And build some love
Build some love

Kara kept looking at him and felt a tear fall from her eye.  It wasn’t a tear of sadness but of love.  A love for this man that she now could call her husband.  No, it he was her soulmate. She mouthed the words I love you as he continued to sing to her.


We both have some reservations
A couple fears, a couple doubts
And we both burn with complications
But those just need to be put out
The insecurities can scream like thunder
But I’ll hold you close to me, and then somehow

JC continued to sing to her as they danced to this song.  For this moment he didn’t see or hear anyone else in the room.  He knew there were others, but he felt as if this song this moment this song was just for the two of them and nobody else.  He was telling Kara what he was feeling the first date to right now. And how the have built their relationship and love for one another and in the end they created a life and a family of their own.

We’ll tear it down
And build some love
Build some love
We’ll tear it down
And build some love
Build some love

Kara looked to her family and friends and saw all of them with tears in their eyes from the song that JC had written for her for their first dance. She then let her tears fall freely and just let JC sing to her as they danced.

JC looked into her eyes and let his own tears fall as he sang this song.  He had them in his eyes while writing the song as did Justin as well as the guys who helped with the production and arrangements on this song.  He took a fast breath and continued to sing this song to his wife. Letting her know how the have built their love and will continue through everything that is thrown their way.


And I know we’ll make it to the end of line
Even if we break it one piece at a time
Let’s tear it down
And build some love
Build some love...

As the song ended, JC dried Kara’s eyes leaned in and gave her the softest sweetest kiss she had ever received from him.  It was filled with love and knowledge that all the bumps in the road they had and will have will never be difficult if they have one another and the love they have will NEVER EVER be broken. She then whispered in his ear, “I love you always and forever, my King”

 

 

After the cake had been cut and the toasts had been done Kara and JC said good night to everyone and went to their suite for the night.  Kara laughed as she and JC carried her from the reception area to the elevator to their suite. He opened the door to show candles lit all over the room.  He set her on her feet so she could walk around the room to see what was done.

Kara looked around and saw the candles spread out throughout the suite and the rose petals around and on the bed.  She walked to the table and giggled as she saw a bottle of ginger ale in the ice bucket but in a special champagne set next to it with their name and the date of their wedding day set  to the side.

“This is for us to drink once our little lady comes and we will celebrate at that time.” JC said putting the bottle to the side.

Kara smiled as she also saw some strawberries and some extra food for them to enjoy tonight as well.

Kara smiled as she said, “I will be right back, I need the bathroom.” She quickly kissed JC and went to the bathroom.

Taking a deep breath, she took her wedding gown off and smiled as she saw her underwear underneath her that she wore for tonight. She then smiled and walked out and stood in the doorway looking at JC whose back was to her.  she then coughed a little to get his attention.  The look on his face was what Kara was hoping for.

JC’s eyes popped out of his head as he saw Kara standing there.  She took her veil off, and her hair was still up with the whisps of hair around her face make up still in tact and beautiful.  She took her wedding gown off to reveal herself in a white strapless all lace bra and matching boy short panties that made her look amazing.  Even with the baby bump she had, to JC she was the sexiest woman at that moment.  His wife.

“That’s new.” Was all JC could say as he started to walk over to where Kara was standing. He smiled as he saw Kara slowly turn around to show him all of her.  she looked behind her as she looked at him. “Do you like what you see?”

JC walked up behind her grabbed her waist and pulled her back to his front letting her feel his erection.  He said to her in her ear before kissing her neck right at her weak spot. “I loved what I saw before, but I am infatuated with what I see now.”

Kara angled her neck as she felt JC’s lips kiss her weak spot. She then turned around looking into his eyes before their lips met in the most sensual kiss she had ever had in her life.

Kara helped JC out of his shirt pulling it off him and started to kiss his neck just how she knew he liked it.  While doing this she let her fingers go over his chest slowly feeling his skin to start getting goosebumps.  She stepped back as she got to his pants and slowly undid the belt and pushed them down to his ankles as they hit the floor.

JC picked Kara up again and carried her to the bed. Laying her down.  He got back up to just look at her laying there.  To him she looked like a sensual centerfold model.  He laid next to her smiling as she looked at him.

“So Mrs. Chasez, did you have a good day today?”

Kara giggled as she answered, “Yes I had a wonderful day, And you my husband.” She said going in for a slow kiss.

JC moaned as he kissed Kara then pulled away from her saying, “Today was a day I will never forget.” As he said this he got on his knees and took Kara’s underwear off as she undid her bra seeing the look he was giving her in his eyes.

He started kissing on her lips then to her neck then to her breasts but not before saying, “and tonight this will be a night we will never forget either my wife.”  As he said this he started to caress and suck on Kara’s nipples hearing her moan ever so quietly.  Fueling his own desire for her. he went back up to her lips and gave her a searing kiss.,

Kara smiled as she started to cup and caress JC’s cock feeling him get even harder if that was possible. She then went, as best as she could giggling and started to lick and blow him. 

JC looked and saw her giggle as she was starting to blow him and he said, “Getting a little harder for you to do this huh?”

Kara smirked and said, “The harder the better.” She then went back to sucking on him knowing what he meant and didn’t let it affect her in any way of pleasing him.

JC’s eyes rolled back as he felt her mouth on him giving him what had to be the best blow job he had. He loved watching her suck and tease him in the way only Kara ever could do.

JC pulled Kara up from pleasing him and laid her down on the bed gently. He then smiled as he kissed her letting their tongues dance as only they would.  His hands couldn’t wait to caress her.  To touch her, to bring her to the point of pure pleasure and beyond.  While kissing her he let his finger go to her wet center and he began to tease and touch her.  

He pulled away from kissing her to watch her.  He loved to see her get off by him giving her pleasure. He bent to her swollen breast and licked and sucked her nipple. He looked up at her while doing this and saw the look of pure pleasure she was receiving.  He pulled awaway going back to her ear and spoke.

“How are you feeling sexy?”  he asked

Kara moaned lightly and said, “I feel so good.”

JC smiled as he kissed her again then said, “Well hold on, it’s about to get even better.”

In a flash JC was down where is fingers were and stopped what he was doing while looking at Kara. He started to blow on her swollen and sensitive clit making her squirm as he held her hips in place, enjoying the way she was being slightly tortured.

Kara was out of her mind as JC tortured her but what a good torture it was as she then felt him lick and suck on her clit.  She looked at him while he watched her being pleased by him.  Since being pregnant sex was different. But in a great way, it was as if fires were lit inside of her and anytime JC touched her or made love to her she was brought to a newer and more excited heightened pleasure then she could imagine. Well it was either that or the knowing that JC was made for her.

“Josh please I need you inside of me, I can’t OH GOD.” Kara said as she came feeling herself let go as JC kept licking and sucking at her core, taking every drop, she offered to him at the moment she came.

JC hovered over Kara smiling as he held himself above her at her entrance waiting as he then said,
“You, okay?”

Kara laughed as she looked at him and then said, “You better not be done I still want you..OH GOD!”

JC smiled as he stared off slow wanting to feel her griping him like she was while making love to her. he went slow, letting Kara feel him inch for inch, thrust for thrust.

Kara loved how JC was making her feel but knew she wanted control right then.  She smiled as she moved to have him roll over and lay on his back, with him still inside of her. 

JC looked at Kara looking down at him.  She took her hair out of her bun letting it fall over her face.  He smiled as he felt Kara start to move slowly at first enjoying her enjoying making love to each other as they were.

Kara felt her orgasm starting to build as she picked up the pace. Every movement she made JC was right there with her giving her what he was getting from her.

Kara started to lose steam and slow down.  JC noticed this and flipped her over so he was on top and continued to move with Kara.  The sweat was pouring off both of them as if they just worked out and ran a marathon.

JC then stopped and got up with Kara carrying her to the bathroom and placing her on the floor outside the shower. He then turned on the water got it to the right temperature and helped Kara into the shower. 

Kara looked at JC confused for a split second then felt him go behind her and said very seductively, “bend over a little mama”

Kara did as she was told and in the next moment, she felt him take her from behind and hit her spot square on again. She moaned and grunted as she felt JC take her this way.  She was loved this position as it would bring her to her climax and beyond.

“Come on mama, come for me I know you want to just let it go.” JC said in her ear as he took her from behind with a touch more force knowing she was afraid to let go and have the orgasm she deserved and was getting. 

Kara then moaned so loudly she was afraid someone on their floor would hear her, at this time she didn’t care, her orgasm was so powerful that she felt as if she was going to pass out in the shower. 

JC smiled as he came rich along with Kara.  He held her up as he turned off the shower grabbed a towel and dried her off.  He made her sit on the toilet as he quickly dried off and saw Kara halfway asleep sitting there. 

Gently he picked her up carried her to the bed and went around the room blowing all the candles out and turning down the music.  He crawled into bed and kissed Kara as she watched him with half lidded eyes smiling as if she was drunk.

“I love you Mr. Chasez.” Kara said snuggling into JC hearing his heartbeat.

“I love you Mrs. Chasez,” JC said kissing her one more time before saying, “Time for sleep.”

Kara fell asleep smiling, being the happiest she had been in a long LONG time.

Chapter 35 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

it's been a minute sorry for the delay. 

Kara sat at her desk looking over some documents she had typed up for a budget meeting for the guys that was to be for later this afternoon with Johnny and the guys.  It was the final budget for the holiday concert that was to be performed in Disney for an ABC holiday concert special.

 

“Thank you for calling WEG group Kara Speak-Hello mom,” Kara said as she sat at her desk working.

“Hello darling how are you feeling today?” Margret asked her youngest.

“I’m good mom, how’s the weather up there in Jersey.”  Kara asked as she looked over some documents for an up-and-coming show for the guys, as well as a few groups Johnny asked Kara to schedule as a favor.

“It’s a little chilly up here, supposed to rain this weekend, how’s my granddaughter doing?” Margret asked.

“Carly is good she got her first marking period grades, and she got all A’s and yet she’s upset with the A- in math. “Kara said.

“Wait she gets all a’s and is upset over an A- in math?” Margret asked,

“Well as she told me and Josh that she wants to get principals honors not high honors.  And she missed it by that little minus.” Kara said.  As she put the phone on speaker seeing JC and Justin walking into her office as she was on the phone.

JC smiled as he saw Kara mouth the words “my mom” as she went to speaker on the phone.

“That girl needs to not be a dam perfectionist like you and learn how to live life and enjoy school. Is she at least going to the winter formal?” Margret asked.

“Yes mom she’s going to the formal, she got her dress made by one of the costume designers here from the tour per her request.  One of her and Bre’s friends designed their dresses instead of going to the shop for them being they wanted to save money and get something that they each want and not going to find it at the stores here.  I saw the design it’s definitely very classy and tasteful for Carly.” Kara said.

“Well, that’s good, and how’s my son-in-law doing?” Margret asked.

“I am good Mar, I mean mom.”  JC said with a smirk on his face.

“Oh hello sweetie, I didn’t know you were in Kara’s office just now.” Margret said.

“I just walked in to bring the mommy her snack and to give her a hug and kiss before we go back to rehearsals.” JC said into the phone.

“Ok son we will talk soon.” Margret said then to her daughter, “I will call tomorrow go eat and I love you and my granddaughters!”

“Love you too mom tell dad I will call him tonight.” Kara said and hung up the phone. She smiled as she got up and went to JC giving him a hug and kiss.

JC smiled as he put his hands on Kara’s belly and went to it, “Hello little lady how is you doing today?” he felt the baby kick and smiled as he got up.  “She is being active right now?”

Kara said, “Yeah she knows it’s feeding time, so she starts to move round.”

JC smiled as he put the bag of snacks down and sat in front of her as she investigated the bag. She pulled out the small peanut butter the graham crackers and the banana.  She then went to her fridge and took out the chocolate milk she bought on the way to work.  JC rolled his eyes as she sat down.

“What?” Kara asked as she opened the milk and got a small throw away plate from her desk drawer.

“Nothing.” JC said smiling as he watched Kara. He giggled as he saw her smile as she drank the milk.

Kara looked as she made a banana graham peanut butter sandwich and ate it. She then asked, “What the hell is so funny?”

JC said, “I love watching you snack and eat right now it’s cute.”

Kara rolled her eyes as she snacked.  She saw him looking at her food and said, “you know this doesn’t taste too bad, you want one?”

JC shook his head, “Nah I don’t want to take food form two of my favorite ladies.” He said

“Josh seriously, it’s okay, here,” Kara made one and handed him the snack.  He took a bite and smiled as she looked at him. “Good right?”

“Yeah, this is good.” JC said as he finished it and saw her finish her snack just leaving her milk.  He got up and said, “I will see you at 12:30 to go to the doctors.”

Kara smiled as she said, “Okay. “She got up went to him giving him a hug as best as she could with her now growing belly.”

JC smiled as he kissed her on the lips and said, “Love you Kar,” He walked out but then walked back in and went to Kara’s belly and said, “I love you to my little lady.” As he touched her stomach, he felt her kick him. Kind of the way to say, ‘dad leave me alone’ and ‘I love you too’.

Kara sat back down and went back to work.  She was in the middle of printing up her documents to bring to Johnny when she heard someone laughing at her as they stood there.  She knew the voice and said, “Hey Chris.” Kara said as she put down what she was reading and went to her laptop to start typing up an invoice.

“How did you know it was me?” He asked as he walked in.

Kara looked up and smiled as she pointed to her belly, “Maternal instincts, and I heard you walking down the hallway too.”  As she finished up her invoice and printed it.

“Man, I need to learn how to be more silent around you.” Chris said. He noticed how Kara was packing up and was getting ready to take her laptop bag, but he offered to carry it for her. “Here I got this mommy.” Chris said as he helped her.

“Thanks, I can get it,” Kara said then walked out of her office with Chris following her. They walked to the rehearsal studio to get JC to take her to their doctors’ appointment. “So how much longer until my partner in crime is born.”

“As of yesterday, I am officially 6 months pregnant. Three more to go and this little lady will be here.” Kara smiled as she felt the baby move again.

“Is she moving right now?” Chris asked as they walked into the recording studio. They walked in and Kara stood there.

“Yeah, a little, you want to feel?” She asked knowing he wouldn’t touch her at all.

“No way.” Chris said as he looked at her weird.

 

Lance laughed as he saw a look of pure terror on Chris’ face. “Dude it’s a baby it’s not going to jump out of her stomach and bite you.”

“Nah that’s alright…I don’t ‘want to intrude on her privacy.” Chris said but then felt Kara grab her hand.

“This is your niece, and you are not bothering me with my privacy. I am okay with you if you want to feel this.” Kara placed his hand on her stomach and told him to wait. Lance Joey and Justin all sat there watching the look of uncertainty on Chris’ face. Just then the baby kicked, and his eyes went as big as saucers.

“Woah, that’s frigging awesome!” he said moving his hands as he felt the baby kick again.

Kara laughed as she saw JC walk out of the booth seeing Chirs feeling his girl kick inside of Kara’s stomach. He stood there seeing the look on Chris’ face and how he was amazed at how it felt the baby moving inside of Kara.

“Pretty cool huh?” JC said as Chris pulled his hand away.

“it’s so cool to know there’s a baby inside her moving and growing and living.” Chris said becoming amazed at what he felt.

Kara smiled as she then said, “I am here to get daddy away from work to go to the doctor.”

JC smiled as he grabbed his keys and said, “And I am ready to go. Here let me carry that laptop bag and are you coming back or going home?”

“I will be going home because I need to get things ready for the parents coming this weekend, I want to make sure the house is clean and I am also in the mood for some Chicken/Eggplant pram, so I am going to cook it,” Kara said then corrected herself, “Well considering the all good from the doctor.”

JC laughed as he said, “sounds good.”

Joey and Justin were both looking at Kara like a pair of puppies begging for food once she said what she was going to make for dinner she rolled her eyes and smiled, “Justin you and Johnathan can come over and Joey I already called Kelly she’s meeting me at home to help cook so I don’t stay on my feet too much and all.” Kara smiled at Chris and Lance and said, “You boys are welcome over too just so long someone gets me some desert for tonight and the little lady and we will be happy to have you over.”

Lance smiled as he said, “deal, what does little lady crave tonight.”

Kara thought being she was post doctor. She smiled, “Cheesecake, and anything but the smores kind. Not a fan of that one.”

Lance smiled as he wrote this down on the list.

Kara walked out of the studio room and went to the hallway. 

JC smiled as he said, “you guys think she knows about the baby shower this weekend?”

The guys looked at JC and said, “if she does, she’s hiding it really well.” Lance spoke up.

“Don’t matter she will be thrilled and excited to see her family all together for this.” Joey said then said, “Time for baby doctors apt go dad.”

JC smiled as he walked out with his coat and keys in his hand. Time to see how his beautiful wife and little lady were doing.

 

Later Kara was at home cooking dinner. She was in a good mood as she saw that her and her little girl were doing well and if all went right the baby would be here by late March or Early April.  Baby was doing very well as was he mom. 

JC got praise from the doctor being he was taking extremely good care of Kara and making sure she exercised and ate at the right times as well as the right foods, well most of the time, she was allowed one bad thing a day and even at that she didn’t eat that much of it. The doctor and Kara laughed knowing by the end that would all change.

Kara turned up the music as she continued to get her sauce going for tonight’s feast.  She smiled as she danced along while getting out the chicken and eggplant, she fried up the night before knowing she was cooking tonight. As she was dancing, she heard Carly and Breanne walk in.

“Mom, I’m home and Bre’s with me.” Carly called as she walked into the house. 

Bre smiled as she smelled what she knew was being made for dinner.
“Oh man I love your mom’s cooking!” she said.

Carly laughed as she knew Bre had a knack for cooking and was good at it too. “I know you want to go help her let’s go.”

Bre smiled as they walked into the kitchen and saw Kara adding a little seasoning to her sauce and dancing as best, she could with her now growing belly. She went back into the hallway to grab the cupcakes she made for her mom and dad as well as Carly, but she made a few especially for Kara being she knew she loved them when she made them for the baby reveal.  Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  She put them in a box and wrapped them to give to her as a treat.

Kara turned around and saw the two sitting at the counter.  She smiled as she said, “Hello ladies, how was school today?”

“Good, I got an A+ on my math test, finally” Carly said going to the fridge to grab a soda for her and Bre.

“I got a B+ but I’m happy with that being the math teacher is a ball buster.” Bre said smiling.

“Well done ladies.” Kara said as she was cooking.  She noticed Bre itching to get on her side and help and do what she found a passion for…cooking.

“Hey bre can you start the water and check and see how the sauce is going I need to sit a minute.” Kara said as she sat on the chair she had set up for her to relax in.

Bre’s face lit right up as she went to the stove and checked the sauce.  She tasted it and smiled as she said, “It’s very good can I add one little thing to it to get it a little more flavor?”

Kara smiled as she said, “It’s all your chef Bre,” Kara got up and went to her pantry to the side and gave Bre an apron to wear. “I leave you in charge of this dinner.”

Carly smiled as she saw Bre’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.  She washed her hands and went right into her zone getting everything ready for dinner.  

Carly smiled as she then saw Kara get up to get the dishes to set the table and said, “Rest up mom, I will set the table.”

Kara didn’t argue and she said, “Ok, what can I do then ladies.”

“Go and watch tv or something, we’ve got dinner tonight.”  Bre said as she went to work in the kitchen.

Kara got up and went to the living room to sit down and watch tv. Just as she sat down she heard the door open and saw JC walk in with the gang in tow.

“Hey babe,” JC said as he set his keys in the bowl at the door.

Kara smiled as she sat down, “Hey babe,”

JC went to Kara gave her a fast kiss on the lips and saw her relaxing. “What’s going on.”

“Not much, Got kicked out of the kitchen by the girls, they gave me the night off and are cooking dinner.” Kara said.

Joey laughed as he knew Bre loved to cook. “she took over your kitchen now too?”

“Yeah but it’s fine, she loves doing this so we will let her test her skills on us to see how she does.” Kara said.

“If she makes this better than my grandmas’ cobbler then you are in deep Kara.” Justin said.

“Wait she made your grandma’s cobbler?” Kara asked,

“Oh yea she did and it was best I had in forever.” Justin said sitting there.

“Don’t tell your mom that or your grandma as well” Chris said.

They all sat there talking, and having a good time. Kara was feeling a little useless and got up to go try and help in the kitchen.

She laughed as she went to the table to set it only to have Carly and JC see her.  “Stop and go rest! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you are going to act like you feel useless, no go and bother Chris or whatever.” Carly said.

“But-“ Kara was cut off by JC

JC pulled her in and kissed her, “Go rest we have this for now. Tomorrow you can make breakfast for us all, okay now go rest.”

Kara sighed and went to the living room and sat in what was now known as her spot in the living room.  She felt the baby kick and smiled down at her stomach.

“Okay I will listen to them and relax little lady.” She said rubbing her belly.

The guys all were in their own world talking before dinner and Kara just sat back and enjoyed the conversations that were going on.

Smiling she sat back and felt love of her family all around and enjoyed the night.

 

 

Chapter 36 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

two chapters in a week shocker i know =)

 

JC smiled as he watched Kara and Carly getting food ready for Christmas eve dinner.  Watching Kara cook the turkey and Ham and Carly making the trimmings for dinner tonight.  Kara was literally glowing at 7 months pregnant. She looked absolutely classy and cute in her holiday attire which was a simple red, black dress with a Santa jacket and Santa hat she bought while at the store getting things for dinner.

Carly was adorable in her cranberry-colored shirt with black dress slacks and on top of her head she wore a reindeer headband and for giggles she had a red nose to wear to make her look like Rudolph.

JC smiled at his now official family.

Yes, it was finalized as of the 20th of December and it was the most wonderful day. He got the official signed and sealed letter from the state claiming Carly to now be known as Carly Chasez.  He got the letter and went to a framing store to have it framed as well as to Tiffany’s to pick up Carly’s Christmas presents.

First was a white gold necklace with her birthstone which was Peridot as well as the birthstone for December which is Blue Zircon as to show the month the adoption was finalized.

Second was a simple white gold stars bracelet with a moon charm at the end.  In it he put a note reach for the moon if you miss you will always catch a star.   Love Dad.

Of course, he got Kara a pair of diamond earrings too but her gift would be revealed later that night when all the family was together.

JC got up from his spot in the kitchen and went to the living room to grab the letter he had wrapped in a box with the necklace he got for Carly.  He wanted to give this to her before everyone got to the house.

JC smiled as he saw Carly and Kara finishing setting the table.

Kara saw JC walk in and that he had “the gift” in his hands.  She knew about the letter being she got a call from him when he got it but didn’t fully know about the necklace, he got for her.  She smiled as he gave a nod to her, letting her know he wanted to do this now before the family got there.

“Carly can you come with me sweetie.” JC said.

Carly looked at him as she placed the last fork on the table looked at JC, “sure.”

Carly followed JC, with Kara waddling in tow into the living room.

JC took a breath and then started, “I got you an early Christmas present and I wanted to give it to you tonight.”

Carly smiled as she said, “Aw dad thanks.”  Carly saw the bag and the envelope with it. She opened the letter first and read it. Tears sprang to her eyes as she saw what the letter stated along with the Certificate of adoption showing her name reading now “Carly Chasez”

It was official she was now adopted and not only Kara but JC was now her parent as well. Her Christmas wish came true.  She then went to JC and gave him a hug.

JC smiled as he wrapped his arms around Carly and said, “I love you, my daughter.”

“I love you to dad,” Carly said.

JC pulled away and said, “open the other gift.”

Calry opened the Tiffany’s bag and saw the necklace box. She gasped and a fresh batch of tears came to her eyes.

JC was nervous as he went to Carly, “Do you like it?”

Carly smiled and said, “I love it, but what’s the other stone for.”

JC smile as he took the necklace and put it on Carly. He then explained, “I got your birthstone for your real birthday and the other stone is the day you were adopted as my daughter.” 

Carly saw in the mirror near the Christmas tree as JC put the necklace on her and she looked down at the stones and smiled.  “I love this so much dad, but I love you even more.” As she hugged JC

Kara smiled as she saw Carly’s camera and took a few pictures of this special moment.  She had tears of joy in her eyes as she finished. And went to Carly and gave her a hug. 

“Can we frame this I have the frame I bought for this moment in my room.” Carly said

JC smiled and shook his head yes.

Carly was back in a flash as she took the letter and placed it in the picture frame.  She set it on the fireplace mantle next to the picture of her and JC that was taken during her birthday party back during the summer.  

Kara went to JC and hugged him as best she could with her belly.  She laughed as she felt the baby kick right then.

JC smiled as he felt it too and said, “Little lady we know you are here too, but this is your sister’s special moment, yours will be here soon too.” He kissed Karas stomach and then kissed Kara ever so sweetly.

 

The family arrived and the house was full of happiness, fun times, and good food. JC’s and Kara’s parents had a great time opening gifts with one another as well as eating and sitting around the house enjoying the music and times spent.

Kara sat back and loved every moment.  She smiled at how the family reacted to the present Carly received to all the presents that were given to the families.  She smiled as she saw how JC was sitting with the kids all around him as he read a Christmas Carol as he worked on this now being his “thing” to do for his nephews and now his soon to be daughter who was coming in a few short months.

 

Later that night as everyone went off to their places, hotels, and homes they were staying at. 

Kara’s parents went to the suite that JC paid for as a Christmas gift to Kara’s mom along with a golf package for her dad (along with Justin, Joe and joe’s dad) as well as a spa day the day after Christmas with his mother and their sisters, Carly, Bre and Kelly. Kara was going but not getting any treatments due to her pregnancy, she knew this and was totally okay with this.

JC smiled as he got to put his guest house to use with Kara’s sister and her family. The boys were surprised to see a Christmas tree in there with stockings with their names on them as well as new pj’s to sleep in courtesy of Uncle Josh.

“Good night boys.” Kara said as she walked out and back to the house.  She stopped and looked up into the night sky to see the stars in the sky.  She sat down on the swing near the back door and looked up seeing the beauty of the night. 

JC saw Kara sitting on the swing and saw her looking up to the sky that was full of stars.  He grabbed a blanket and went out near her.

“Hey beautiful.” He said seeing her look up at the stars

Kara smiled as she saw him come close and cover her with the blanket. “Hey babe.”

 

JC looked at the stars as he saw them with Kara, “Penny for your thoughts”

“Just saying a prayer to god and saying thank you for what he has given me and saying to keep watching over me and my loved ones.” Kara said smiling at JC

JC smiled and kissed her temple as he held Kara close. He knew no words needed to be said.  He was feeling the same things Kara was feeling.  He hummed a soft tune to Kara as they sat there for another few moments. Just enjoying the holiday spirit and love that was around them.

 

 

 

 

The next morning Kara woke up first as she always did every Christmas morning.  She got up and took a long shower smiling as she got ready for the day.  She felt the baby kick and smiled as she looked down at her stomach. “Merry Christmas little lady.” She said as she got dressed in her candy cane sweats as she knew she would wear today.

 

She went to the Kitchen and stood there thinking of a good breakfast to make for everyone today. She made her famous pot of coffee for her sister and everyone and went to her Keurig and made herself a cup of half calf coffee as she was instructed to have by as she now called him “doctor dad”

She made her coffee up and set it on the counter and got the ingredients out to make Chocolate Chip pancakes as well as the eggs and bacon and all the trimmings for a Christmas breakfast.

She heard the back door open and saw her sister walk in dressed but half awake.

“Merry Christmas.” Kara said as she saw her sister walk in.

“Merry Christmas Kara. She said as she went and saw the coffee on the table.

Kara reading her sister’s mind said, “It’s ready and waiting for you and your needs Tracey.”

Tracey went to the coffee made her cup, took a sip and smiled.  She then went to Kara’s stomach and touched it and said to they baby, “Your mommy is a smart person.” Just then the baby kicked as to say yeah I know.

Tracey’s eyes popped open as she felt this and smiled. She then saw Kara waddling around getting things to make for breakfast.  “Need help?” she asked as she sipped her coffee.

JC smiled as he saw Kara trying to make her breakfast and said, “Better yet let’s give her a break this morning and let her relax with her coffee as we cook for the kids and all”

Kara smiled as she saw JC walk in and smiled to him, he went to her lips and kissed her.  “Merry Christmas sweetie.” He said,

 

“Merry Christmas babe.” She kissed him again and then heard two little voices laugh from the doorway.

 

JC’s back was the boys as he heard this and laughed. “Hey, one of these days you two are gonna be kissing too and I will laugh when I catch you two.”

Mark made a face, “Ew girls are gross, well other than my mom and Auntie Kerri, they’re gross.”

“Yuck.” Adam said as he as any younger boy would do imitated his brother.

Kara laughed as she saw this and went to the boys and gave them fast hugs.

“Auntie Kerri?” Mark said,

“Yes honey?”

“Did Santa come here?”

Kara looked to her sister and JC as they gave her permission to let the boys go to the living room to see if he came. “I think so why don’t we go check and see and if he did we will open presents,” she heard the cheers but then cut them off “AFTER breakfast that your mom and Uncle JC are cooking.  Deal?”

The boys shook their heads up and down as each one took their Aunts hand and walked into the main living room where the tree was set up. 

Carly was awake and had her camera ready as she was watching the boys walk in with Kara and started taking pictures of the tree with the presents, and the boys walking in and the pure amazement and joy on their faces.  She caught both shocked faces and smiles and her Aunt Tracey as well as Uncle Mark small smiles to each other watching the scene unfold.  She also got a picture of Kara smiling with the boys and JC in the background smiling watching Kara with them.

Adam saw Carly come in and he said, “Merry Christmas Carly.”  He went up to her and gave her a hug as she walked down in her brand new elf pj’s she got the night before that happen to match the boy’s elf’s pjs as well.

“Merry Christmas Adam.”  She hugged him and he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Not to miss this JC laughed as he just had this conversation with him in the kitchen not more than 10 minutes ago.

Adam looked at JC, blushed and said, “okay I forgo my cousin too.”

JC kept laughing and just went back to the kitchen and started cooking as older Mark, Carly and tye boys all help prepare breakfast. 

Little Mark went to Kara and said, “you get today off Aunt Kara, my mom and Uncle JC said so!”

Kara giggled as she said, “Ok sweetie.”

By the time breakfast was ready the family all showed up or was awake, smiling laughing and sitting at the dining room feasting on eggs, pancakes, cinnamon rolls made the night before by Bre, as well as juice coffee, mimosas for the ones that could drink, juice and all the wonderful food that JC and Tracey made for the morning.

Then came the fun, opening the presents, the boys went wild as they found out that they each got a brand new Nintendo Switches from Uncle JC and Aunt Kara with gift cards from Carly.  Along with the presents that Santa left for them overnight in the spare house as well as in the main house.  They were loving every minute of the holiday.

JC smiled as everyone got most of their presents. He was surprised that Kara got him new brand new studio equipment for his at home studio as well as a custom made acoustic guitar made by the Gibson factory.  He was amazed she knew what to get and it was designed with him in mind.  It was the most thoughtful gift he’s ever gotten.

“Well if you will come with me, your one present is up stairs.” JC said as he took Kara’s hand.

“Uh, dad, that should happen later tonight when we are all asleep.” Calry said.

JC let his head hang as he blushed and said, “Not THAT,” he said then under his breath said “smartass” he then led Kara to the door down the hall in the main floor that had a red and green bow that said To Kara, from Santa.

Kara looked at him confused. “What the,” she was cut off as he said open it.

Kara opened the door to show her work from home office finally done.  She had been using JC’s office or their bedroom since they moved in because of shipping delays and issues but it was finally done. Stepping in she saw the desk that was facing the door. It was the dark oak she saw in the store one day she wanted.  On the wall to the right was filing cabinets in the same wood finish and above that was pictures of her and her family as well as one of their wedding day.  The wall to the left held a book case with all her books as well as her pricing manuals that were duplicated and sent here so she didn’t have to cart all the manuals back and forth all the time.  With having the baby to bring all over, JC didn’t want her to have to worry about leaving something behind, so he made sure she had everything she needed from the office here.  Along with a top-of-the-line MacBook laptop all set up with every bell, whistle, and thing she needed from the office to her music she played downloaded.  And on the wall to the left of the door was a 60 inch flat screen tv all set with tv set up.

 

The best part was in the one corner of the room he set up a Rocker for her as well as a pack and play that had in light pink letters “little lady” on the edge of it.

“This can be moved if you want I left this here for our little lady in case she’s sick or we are down here and she needs a place to sleep and all that”

Kara smiled as she pulled JC to her and gave him a hug trying her best not to burst in to the wave of tears she was bout to let flow. “I love this baby thank you so much.”

“There’s one more thing, go look on your desk” JC said

Kara noticed the bag that said “HO HO HO” on the desk and went to open it.  Inside she saw a note that said, ‘Go to the garage’

“What did you,” Kara said as she walked to the garage and went out there.  she flicked on the light and saw a brand new Audi Q7 fully equipped. Black with dark grey leather interior.

This time Kara’s tears came pouring down as she cried tears of happiness.  She went to JC and gave him a big hug and whispered in his ear, “I don’t deserve all this.”

JC smiled as he said, “Yes you do baby, and it’s not all for you its for our little lady to. I want all my girls to be protected and safe.”

“Hey Uncle JC, why is there another car with a red bow on it too.” Adam asked as he saw a Kia Sportage in blue sitting next to the new Audi.

JC blushed as he looked to Kara who shook her head and let him give Carly the present.  He took the keys from his pocket and went to Carly smiling then said, “Merry Christmas baby girl, here’s your new car.”

Carly teared up for the millionth time in less than 24 hours. “OH MY GOD!” she said as she hugged JC and Kara close .

“Now there’s a few rules we need to establish, and we will do that after you pass your driver’s test next month.” He said as he held her close.

Carly shook her head as the tears yet again fell from her face.  She hugged JC close and said, “I love you dad.”

Kara enjoyed relaxing the rest of the holiday while her mother made her famous Christmas roast dinner in her kitchen as Kara tried to help but kept on getting kicked out of her own kitchen and told to relax and enjoy spending time with her family. Something that she was not used to doing.  She sat in her favorite chair watching ‘A Christmas Story’ with her nephews as well as countless holiday movies and enjoying just relaxing and being with the families. 

JC’s parents came over as well and JC’s mother gave Kara a day of beauty package for after the baby came just for her to go alone to the spa and be treated with a massage, manicure, pedicure as well as a few post pregnancy clothes for her to use for herself. 

As the day drew to a close Kara saw everyone off to where they were staying as JC kicked her out yet again from downstairs to go and relax and get ready for the night.

Kara went upstairs, took a warm shower and was drying off getting dressed and smiled as she saw JC walk into their room. She was just drying off looking at him from the mirror smiling at him.

JC smiled seeing Kara drying off in the bathroom glowing as only she could with her belly. 

In JC’s eyes she looked radiant and beautiful pregnant.  Ture Kara was feeling a little insecure during this time, feeling fat and ugly but in JC’s eyes she was the most beautiful woman in the world.  It was as if being pregnant was meant for Kara.  She carried their daughter with a pride and class that he had never seen before. 

JC came to Kara from behind and hugged her as she was looking in the mirror at her belly, He jugged her and said “How was your Christmas  sweetie?” Kissing her on the Cheek as she finished  asking her.

Kara smiled as she stood there and said,” This was the best one ever, but you didn’t have to get me all the things you did. I only need one thing from you and I think, well I am sure I have that from you.” She said turning around and looking up at him

JC looked down on her lost in what she said, “Huh?”

Kara smiled, took his hand and placed it on her heart.  She then placed her hand on his heart and said, “You gave me your heart, soul, and love.  That’s all I will ever need in this world.  We could be out of our Jobs tomorrow and working normal 9 to 5 jobs and I would still be happy with whatever we have because as long as we have one another, I don’t want or need anything else.  They are just things.  What I feel for you and the love I see you have for, Carly, Myself, and our “little lady” are all I need.  I love you so so much Josh.”

JC smiled as he heard this and smiled as he pulled Kara close to her and kissed her slowly and deeply.  Walking her to the bed. Laying her down looking down at her and saying. “The three of you are my whole world and, just so you know, I will always do what I want for you and not because you expect it but because you three deserve the world and I will walk to hell and back to give you whatever I can.”

That night after a few hours of deep lovemaking they fell asleep in each other’s arms with love in their hearts and nothing but hope and happiness in the future.

 

 

Chapter 37 by kb4jc

Kara sighed as she got up from her desk to get ready.  It was a long day and she was in a mood, to say the least. 

She knew it was her hormones making her moody, so she was quiet all day.  She heard her phone go off and saw it was her mom.

“Hey mom.” She said as she sat back down.

“Hi honey how are you today.” Margret asked.

Kara sighed,  she couldn’t keep her emotions in check right now. “I don’t know mom I feel so out of it the past few days.”

Margret knew it was her hormones getting the best of her and be as it may, it was tough to deal being Kara was pregnant and emotional. Try as it might she had a few days and today was one of them

“Are you sleeping ok?” Margret asked

“Yeah, I just feel…off. Like I could bitte Josh’s head off or someone if they look at me the wrong way. I don’t like this. “Kara said.

Margret chuckled a little as she said, “Honey it’s your hormones being pregnant, realx it’s okay.  Have you had any comfort food at all.”

“What?”

“Comfort food, you know a meal that makes you happy and the baby as well?” Margret knew Kara was watching her diet very well and only had one or two “cheat meals” since being pregnant and was scared to eat what she wanted to. 

Kara said, “Not since New Year’s Day.  I just don’t want to gain,” Kara was then cut off.

“Kara, you are pregnant and from what I saw during the holidays, you look great.  You are not that fat at all you look so good.  You need to have a good old binge time.  Have the chocolate cake, peanut butter and fluff sandwich, fried chicken, Arby’s whatever.  You are allowed to be bad and enjoy some foods sweetie.” Margret said

Kara though about this for a moment.  Even Alicia was shocked she hadn’t had that many cheat meals and she was being good. Kara was having some stuff but only once or twice had a full on binge out and ate an entire half gallon of strawberry ice cream. She felt like a fat cow and that was the end of that binge being she thought she would be judged.

Margret then said, “when is your next doctor appointment.”

Kara said, “I have one in two weeks.”

Margret said, “Okay, you need to have a full-on food fest at least twice before then.  You need to enjoy this pregnancy and have the food you want.  You are safe I promise you this honey.”

Kara sighed. She knew her mom was right. “Okay I will try to do this tonight.”

“Don’t try, just do it,” Her mom stated, “Honey I got to go your father just walked in.

Margret hung up the phone and then without thought did a three-way call with Carly and JC.

They both answered on the second ring.

“Hey grandma, what’s up?” Carly said as she walked into the house.

“Not much honey how are you?” Margret asked.

“Good just got home from midterms, hi dad, I just got home.” Carly said as she walked into the house.

JC smiled as he heard this, “hey baby girl, how were your exams?”

“Okay I know I aced that math final, If I didn’t, I will go to the principal and raise fucking hell.” Carly said.

“Carly Ann, language.” Margret said.

“Oops, sorry Grandma.” Carly said. Hearing JC laugh in the background.  He knew she cursed every now and then and was okay with it but knew Margret was a somewhat old fashioned.

“Mhm.” Margret said,

“What’s going on mom what do you need?” JC asked as he walked back into the studio being he had a feeling this was bout Kara, and he was just on his way to check on her but decided against it being Margret was calling.

“I am worried about Kara; she seems a little upset lately.” Margret said.

JC knew what was going on and was about to call his mom and mother-in-law for help. He wanted to get Kara to relax a little but didn’t know a way to get her to.

“Yeah grandma, she’s just been stressing bout her diet and wants to well be bad but is so afraid of going off her diet.” Carly said.  She went on, “She cried the other night because she wanted one of Breanne’s Chocolate covered cupcakes but was scared of gaining the weight and hurting the baby.”

JC knew this was going on and he too felt as if she was “too careful” but also was afraid of telling Kara this being that she could easily go off and blow up in a moment.  He was thrilled that his mother-in-law was on their page and knew she needed to relax and lighten up and enjoy this pregnancy more.

“S-so how do I go about telling her to lighten up without getting my dam head ripped off?” JC said.

Margret laughed as she said, “I told her to relax, I let her know she’s in the safe zone to enjoy stuff once in a while,” She then said, “She better if not her father and I will be on the next flight stuffing food down her throat.”

JC took a breath and then came up with and idea as well. He then said, “thank you mom I appreciate the call. I have an idea.”

Margret smiled and said, “Anytime sweetheart. I will see you Sunday.”

JC smiled as he said, “Awesome, your flight gets in at what time?”

Carly said without a beat, “2pm and Grandma Karen and I are coming to get them.”

JC smiled as he hung up the phone and went back into the studio. He was getting an idea for tonight.

 

 

Later that night:

 

Kara finished folding the laundry and was sitting in the bedroom watching tv. She was avoiding downstairs since dinner being she was craving cookies with the chocolate shake that she wanted and to make but decided to wait another day or so. 

She knew she was making herself as well as everyone else nuts around her, but she wasn’t going to risk losing this baby over some silly cravings.  She was afraid of eating the wrong food or something too sugary causing her to get sick or worse, lose the baby.

Kara laughed as she felt the baby kick knowing she wanted food.  She looked down at her belly.

“Little lady, are you telling me you are hungry again?” she said as she felt the kick again. Sighing she got up form the bed and walked downstairs.  As she hit the landing of the stairs, she smelled Chocolate chip cookies and her mouth began to water.

When she got to the kitchen, she saw JC pulling out a dozen of homemade baked Chocolate chip cookies as well as seeing the potato chips on the counter. The baby sensing this started kicking as if she was a dog begging to eat.

Kara walked to the island in the kitchen sitting at the stool watching JC.

JC turned around with the plate of cookies and said, “Hello beautiful.”  He leaned in and kissed Kara as she sat there.

“Hey handsome.” Kara said watching him. She then said, “Those smell pretty good.”

JC looked at the cookies and said, “Yeah I wanted some but didn’t want to bother you to make them, so I decided to make them myself.” He said as he took a cookie and broke it in half eating part of it.

Kara watched him as he enjoyed the cookie feeling the baby kick her. she smiled as she said, “Good?”

JC smiled knowing he got her.  This was her weak spot.  Home made chocolate chip cookies.  He knew she would crack and have them if he did this, but he needed to make it count.

“Eh, I think they’re okay.  Here have one and tell me what you think.” He handed her one cookie.

Kara took it and a bite.  It was the best thing she ever eaten in a while.  “Dam honey, you made these?”

JC smiled as he said, “Yep, followed your recipe you taught me that first weekend here.” He gave her another one seeing her belly move knowing his “little lady” was enjoying them as well.

Kara smiled as she decided to finally “let go” she went to the fridge and got out some chocolate milk with a glass.  She then went to the pantry got the peanut butter out and a spoon and started making a peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie sandwich.

As she started making her sandwich she felt as if she was being watched and looked up.   She saw JC looking at her and she instantly stopped. “you’re right I should-“ but was cut off.

“No! YOU need to enjoy this.“ JC said getting her a plate watching her.  He saw she was about to go off on him but stopped her.

“I know the hormonal part of you is going to unleash herself, but I’ve got to say this.” he said as she watched Kara. He took a breath and kept going.

“You have watched yourself like a hawk for the past 7 months, I know you are scared about losing this baby and something going wrong, but you need to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.”

Kara looked at JC and said, “I am enjoying this time right now-”

JC looked at her and then said what he needed to say. “You have but then again you get so scared about any little thing.  You watch what you eat like a hawk, and I know for a fact you aren’t having the foods you want because if you did, you’d be relaxed a little bit more.” He saw her about to start up but cut her off.  “I know you are dead scared of something going wrong, and I know why.” He went in front of her and looked at her.

Kara had tears in her eyes and said, “I am scared, I don’t want to fuck this up and I’ve been having nightmares thinking something will go wrong, and that you will le-“she stopped as she finally let out what was scaring her.

JC looked at her and shook his head.  He then started to sing, “We both have some reservations, couple fears couple doubts, we both burn with complications, but these just need to be put out, the insecurities can scream like thunder, but I’ll hold you close to me and then somehow,”

Kara looked at him and sang with him, “We’ll tear them down, and build some love,” They finished singing and by the end Kara’s fears were all at ease. 

Kara smiled as she was pulled back into his arms in a long hug. The kind that Kara needed it was a secure feeling that she knew was there but was afraid to tell him his fears.  She should’ve known by now JC wasn’t Nate, he was her partner and here for the long haul. Hell he was with her…FOR LIFE.

Pulling back, he went to her lips and kissed her softly and sweetly.  Letting her know he was there no matter what happened, and he was not going anywhere.

“Feel better now?” He asked

Kara sniffled and shook her head, she pulled way as the tears were still falling from her face, she looked at him as if she was a scared animal, he smiled as he took his thumbs and started to dry her eyes. He then said, “I am not going anywhere, I promised you that three times and I promise you that here and now.  I am here forever.”

 

 

Carly heard this and smiled as she stood in the doorway. She took a picture of the embrace texting both grandmothers,

Carly: “Dad got to the bottom of this, and all is well…love you guys and we will see you this coming weekend! <3”

Grandma K: good I’m glad she’s relaxing now

Grandma M: hug your dad and say I love him and thank you!

Carly went to the kitchen saying, “are there enough cookies for a PMSing 17-year-old”

JC looked and smiled as he said, “Welcome to the comfort food café, may I take your order.”

Carly laughed she said, “Chocolate chip cookies, and a chocolate milkshake if it’s not too much dad.”

JC smiled as he got the blender out and the ingredients out to make three milk shakes. He looked to Kara’s belly and said, “Little lady you want a Chocolate milkshake too?”

The baby kicked and JC laughed, “I will take it as a yes.”

Just then Breanne, Joey and Kelly walked in seeing the junk food out.

Kelly laughed as she said, “If you are making milkshakes make three more.”

“Coming up!” JC said as he started making a night full of snacks and craving foods.

“Aunt Kara I made some Carrot cake cupcakes if the little lady would like some.” Breanne said bringing her baking over and went to the baby’s stomach and felt it kick a little.

 He smiled as he saw Kara finally let go and enjoy the pregnancy and let the Kara he knew start to come back out.

 

Chapter 38 by kb4jc
Author's Notes:

this had to be broken in two...if it doesn't work sort of sorry not sorry. 

 

TWO DAYS LATER

Kara was sitting in her office smiling as she worked.  She had been in a much better mood the past two days since getting out her feelings out to JC and he is getting her to lighten up on herself.  She knew she was taking this too seriously and since then (although it was just two days) she started feeding the cravings she had wanted and started to relax and enjoy being pregnant.

Kara was always very hard on herself.  She was her own worst critic, she always had doubts and JC knew this about her as they started dating and he was the first and only mand to help her break these down and in her pregnancy, he was always telling her to relax because it was not healthy for her or their “little lady” to get so worked up and worried.  If something was going to happen, they would cross this bridge when it came time. He was her true support and best friend and she fell even more in love from just his support and love for her, Carly and their “little lady”

Kara looked at the time and saw it was 11:30.  She figured she needed to start getting ready for her “lunch date” with her mom, sister, Carly, and JC’s mom as well as Heather. 

She knew today was the baby shower.  She had her “spies” check out what was going on and had them tell her the date.  She didn’t know where or what was happening, just the date.  She didn’t want to look horrible at her own baby shower, being she was now entering her 8th month and feeling bigger by the day. Granted, she didn’t gain all that much weight but still when pregnant, you feel heavy and unattractive to anyone, anywhere so she wanted to make sure she looked the best she could for this day.

Walking into her room she smiled as she saw JC laying in bed, relaxing.  He was at the studio until about 11 last night, working on some projects for a few new artists that Johnny asked him to help with.  He loved producing and working with new talent, so he did just this. He felt horrible for coming in so late the night before, but Kara knew he would be late and told him it was totally fine.

That was one aspect of their relationship they always had an understanding about.  They both worked late and/or nutty hours and they never gave each other slack or crap about it.  They promised if they worked late that they would let the other know with far enough warning and if they could take time off as soon as humanly possible to just relax go out or do whatever.

JC love this about Kara.  She too was a worker and if they both went to work together, she would stay in her office and work on other things that Johnny had handed to her to work on.  She was going on maternity leave within the next two weeks so she was getting her temp, Michael ready to take over for her while she was out on leave.

Kara loved Michael.  He was a sweetheart of a person.  The day she met him, they got along right away.  He was like the little brother Kara wanted and never got. He also reminded her of one of the friends from back in Jersey. 

He was gay but was the sweetest kindest soul ever.  She did catch him looking at Lance and vice versa.  She knew the moment she saw Michael they’d make the perfect couple.  She planned on getting the two of them set up on a date but didn’t want to pry too much but also knew, she wanted to see these two together and that they would be the best for one another.

Kara smiled as she pulled her sweats off and walked into the bathroom to get ready. She started the shower and finished getting undressed and went to the scale she had in the bathroom. She looked down and saw only half a pound gained in the past three days.  She was happy as she rubbed her belly looking down.

“Keep Cooking little lady.” She said as she finished getting undressed looking in the mirror seeing her body in the mirror.

JC was watching tv but stopped as he saw Kara getting undressed in the bathroom and saw her looking at herself in the mirror.  He loved looking at Kara.  Point blank, she was the most beautiful woman in JC’s eyes. Her being pregnant was the icing on the cake. 

JC got up and went to the bathroom doorway smiling as he looked at Kara in the mirror.

“Hey babe.” Kara said looking at him in the mirror.

She saw the look in his eyes and knew he was enjoying his view of her.  She looked him up and down seeing him getting turned on. She looked at him as he walked to her in the mirror.

“Like what you see?” she asked.

JC went to her neck nuzzling her right at her weak spot, speaking in her ear. “You are drop dead sexy right now.  Do you know that?”

Kara looked at him as he started to leave light kisses on her neck by her ear.  The one spot JC knew was her weak spot.  She leaned her head back on his chest letting him take control. She watched him through the mirror loving how he was looking at her body.  Like she was a piece of artwork.

Kara turned around pulling JC to her letting their lips meet in a slow, deep sexy kiss. She pulled away, “Care to shower with me?”

JC smiled down at her as he fast said, “Get in the shower let me just make sure the door is locked.’

Kara laughed as she went into the shower and adjusted the water to her temperature.  As she stood under the water, she felt JC come from behind pulling her back to his front attacking her neck again with kisses.

“I take it the door is now locked, correct?” she whispered.

JC didn’t say anything as he turned Kara around and kissed her.  it was one of those kisses that Kara loved.  It was one that you hear in trash novels. It got her more turned on than she had been in quite a while.

JC backed Kara up to the water as he pulled away grabbing her bodywash and washcloth lathering it up.  He looked right in her eyes and got to his knees grabbing her foot and slowly washing both feet then legs. Kara looked into JC’s eyes as he took his fingers and slowly began to rub her clit. Her laugh turned into a moan as she tilted her head back.

JC went to her lips before kissing her asked, “Like how that feels sexy?”   He didn’t give her a moment to answer as he kissed her the same he took two fingers and entered her.

Not to be the one to get and not give took her fingers to the tip of JC cock and started to play. Slowly going to the tip then down the shaft and going back up giving a slow long stroke.  Knowing how to touch him and get him nuts at the same time.

JC helped Kara rinse off fast as he then pulled her out of the shower drying her off as fast and carried her to the bed.  He laid her down and looked down at her.  he went and told her to go on her side. Being this late in the pregnancy this was one of the few positions that he knew Kara felt comfortable and pleased as he went behind her pulled her leg to the position he knew worked best and in no time was deep inside of her.

“Good god Kara you feel so good,” JC said as he moved with Kara. 

All Kara could do was moan, being she was about to have another orgasm. She looked behind her seeing JC’s face right near her.  she looked into his eyes as she said, “I love how you make me feel Josh.”  She slowed down and hesitated as she asked the next question. “Can I get on top?”

Not missing a beat, he kept moving with Kara as he rolled on to his back and let her get on top.  She looked down as she slid down letting him enter her.  He watched as he saw her eyes roll back and her face show the pure ecstasy she was feeling. He loved watching he pleasure he gave to her while they were making love.  He sat up to nuzzle and kiss her breasts as they moved together as one.

“You are so beautiful Kara,” JC said as they kept moving.

Kara looking at him slowed down as she was a little uncertain. He sensed this and said, “No you are dam sexy, even more now that you are pregnant and carrying a piece of me inside of you.  Something about you being pregnant with my child and how you glow gets me hard by just the thought.” JC said as he continued to move.

Middle of making love JC always found a way to make Kara feel.  Both physical and then connect on another level.  Something that some people will never understand. It was something Kara never could reach to with Nate.  They say you find your perfect soul mate in every way shape and form and for Kara, she knew it the moment her lips met JC’s. 

Kara kept moving as she felt the wave of pleasure building and getting to the point.  She looked into JC’s eyes letting him know she was close and wanted his okay to let go.  She didn’t want to leave him alone to not go with her. 

JC held her close and in said in her ear, “Fly for me, I am there too, just let go and fly.”

Kara tilted her head back and let go.  She loved how he always made her feel when they made love. It was as if they were truly in tune with one another. Mind body and spirit.

 

JC and Kara laughed as they laid there for a moment feeling the baby kick a few times.  Letting them know she knew what they were doing.

JC laughed as he kissed Kara’s belly and then said, “You are not allowed to do what your mommy and daddy just did until you are much older than your sister, got it little lady?”  he felt a kick.  Looked up at Kara who was laughing at the interaction of father and daughter.

  “Little lady says, enough of the sexy time with mommy.  She’s got to get ready for the baby shower.”

Watching Kara walk into the closet he knew she knew but still was shocked she let the cat out the bag.

“How did you find out?” JC asked as he went into the bathroom to get the towels to put in the hamper as he got dressed while Kara was getting dressed at the same time.

“I bribed someone to spill the date. “

“Who.”

Kara looked at JC.  She then said, “You need to guess, and I have a feeling you might know.”

JC dressing thought for a moment.  He then listened to the tv in the bedroom hearing that the Lakers were in town tonight playing the Magic. He turned to Kara, “You didn’t.” he said.

Kara walked past JC into the bathroom as she was getting dressed. Giggling she went on.

“Oh but I did,”  as she was in the mirror fixing her hair she went on, “wasn’t to hard I know to and how to bribe with what and how.”

JC smiling as he got dressed went to the bathroom to watch her. 

“Continue, this I GOTTA hear.”

“I bought four tickets to the Lakers/Magic game.  A pair for you and my dad, and then got two more for Justin and Chris.  I knew Chris wouldn’t tell me but owed him the ticket as a Christmas present from Carly to him, she asked me to do this and I kind of forgot.  Pregnancy brain happened.” She said.

JC just stood there laughing at this being she did have it happen a few times. as he stopped, he then said, “Continue.”

Looking at him in the mirror she went on, “two weeks ago Justin came into my office to sit with me for lunch as you were in the studio working laying down another song with Chris and Joe and I saw Lance walk out with Michael, by the way they are going on a date next week and I for one am really happy about this.  Any way I had the ticket on my desk, and he saw it.   I told him it was his if he gave me a date for my baby shower.  He thought about this for a moment.  I told him all I wanted was the date that was it.  Then gave me today’s date.  I handed him the ticket. End of story” Kara said as she finished fixing her hair and started on her make-up.

JC shook his head as he got started shaving his face. “Only you could bribe Justin. I swear his mom is a little jealous of this.”

Kara shrugged her shoulders, “I knew he wanted to go, the boy has been dying for tickets for a while, so I found a way to get him to give me the date.” Kara walked into their closet. 

JC laughed as he then said, “You know you could’ve just as-“ but was cut off

“Who you?  Ha I don’t think so.  You are the best secret keeper. And you love surprising me with things.  I know you wouldn’t tell me the date.  I could’ve bribed you with hot sex and still you wouldn’t tell me the date.” Kara said as she got dressed.

JC stood there trying his best to defend himself, “Wh-ho- I would-“ but he was cut off by kara coming up to him and giving him a fast kiss.

“JC I know you pretty dam well.  You hid my bridal shower, bachelorette party, as well as the Matt Morrison concert you threw for me so well and I had not one dam clue. Not to mention a birthday party and I do all the planning for you guys at work. “ Kara said as she finished getting dressed.

JC looked at her and said, “Ok you got me there.  I am good at that. “ He then looked Kara up and down as she finished getting ready for the baby shower.  “You look very nice by the way. “

Kara smiled, “This might be my favorite maternity outfit by far.” She looked at the turquoise blue gingham top she picked and the black maternity leggings she had on.  Under the top she had on her signature white tank top.  She completed the look with a simple pair of ballet flats.   She lightly waved her hair then put a headband on to keep it out of her face being as of late it was bugging her being in her face.  Her makeup looked light, and classy as she always looked when she went anywhere.

She looked to JC and said, “thank you Josh, I love you so much for all that you have done and continue to do.”  She hugged him then said, “Not just for me but for our family we have here.”

JC smiled as he said, “anything for my girls.” HE then saw Carly taking a picture of him and her mom in an embrace and said, “the women in this house are my life.”

Carly smiled then said, “Enough of the mushy stuff before mom gets all teary eyed.  Let’s get going guys I’m starving and don’t want to die from starvation. “

Kara loved the baby shower that was thrown for her.  Kara and JC’s mother did planned an amazing shower for her.

JC totally told them what I wanted, Kara thought to herself as she saw all of her favorite things at the party.  She was laughing at the picture boards done by Carly.  She had set up a picture board of JC as a baby and child and Kara as a baby and child then she had pictures of herself as a baby and child, then in the middle was a slideshow of the same pictures then pictures Carly took of them up until a week or so ago. 

Kara had to stop herself from crying as she didn’t know she had taken all of these and set this up. She was touched as she saw this and dried her eyes fast.  

The presents that were given were all added on to a registry that she did too.  The theme of the Nursery was going to be a toss between Disney princesses and Fairy tales.  The baby had more than enough clothes to last her the first year and then some.  Kara was loving all the gifts given.

What shocked her was who was at the party. Some of her aunts from Jersey showed up and that touched Kara’s heart.  JC’s mother and sister were there along with Kelly, and basically anyone that was close to Kara. 

As the party wound down JC came back and laughed as he saw all the baby clothes, toys and of course the endless supply of diapers and wipes. He laughed as he saw a “changing diapers for dummies” book on the table that had a big note FOR MY BROTHER, Love Tyler  on the cover.

The guys didn’t want to be left out, so they decided to throw Kara a small at home after shower party.  They decorated the house as simple as possible.  With signature touches they added themselves.  Mosly sentimental, but some very funny and meaningful, complete with food cooked by Breanne and Mama Lynn along with Kara and JC’s mom.

Kara loved the baby shower but the afterparty touched her so much that it brought her to tears.  Knowing the guys wanted to do something for her made her feel special. She walked into the house and saw the simple pink and purple “shower for the little lady” banner made her smile.  

“H-How did you guys plan this without me knowing?” Kara asked as she hugged each guy individually.

JC smiled smugly as only he could and said, “Thank your so-called informant for today’s shower, Lance and Michael, the three of them came over while I drove you and Carly to the baby shower and then I got back to help set up and get things finished.   Mom’s both had the food cooked at my parents house last night and Dad’s brought it over before going out today. Mama Lynn set the food up and just directed us where to put what and how.  Well texted being she was at the baby shower too but, it was a group effort.”

Kara went down the line and hugged each guy thanking them.

“Okay can someone please help me there’s a ton of crap in my car as well as mom and I think dad’s too which grandpa is driving and said he’s bout to steal your car dad, he loves it!” Carly said bringing in some of the presents.

“We’ve got this, you guys go and start opening the rest of the presents that you got honey.” Roy said as he was cleaning out the cars with the presents gotten from the shower.

Kara walked into the living room and sat in “her chair” as she designated the day they moved into the house.  It was the one closest to the kitchen being she was always cooking and when she was in between whatever she was making it was closest and to Kara the comfiest spot in the house.  It was the one furthest from the fireplace, being pregnant and the past few nights being cold JC and Carly loved making fires and it was too warm for Kara and made her nuts. 

“Okay who’s first, I am going to go with, Uncle Chris.” JC said. As he helped Kara get comfy then went to help his father with the presents.

Kara smiled as she opened the box, it was a box full of diapers, wipes, along with gift cards to baby gap, target, Walmart, as well as a gift certificate to “the spa of her choice” for a full-on day of relaxing and beauty, on Chris’ dime. He also put in a baby onesie that says “Uncle Chis, the wise one. All with a little pink owl on it.”

Next up was Lance, he gave Kara of course diapers, but he also got Kara a designer Gucci, AND a Louis Viton diaper bag.  Inside the bag were baby dresses for the little lady, as well as hair bows, and calming tunes for the baby.  Along with a coupon booklet for babysitting anytime needed.

Justin smiled as he gave his gift. True to Uncle Justin’s form, he gave clothes, sporty clothes, of his favorite as well as Kara and JC’s teams. The first was a lakers jersey with the year 09 on the back and little lady as the baby’s name. Next was a Redskins, Giants, Yankees and Orioles jersey all with the same on the back.  But there were two each one for when she was born and one for up to about a year old. As well as giving the baby 10,000 of his own money to put into a savings account for her to use towards school. Kara got up and hugged Justin saying thank you to her “little brother.” As she now called him this since she met him. 

Joey smiled as he and JC then came into the room and said, “this gift is for you but it’s inside JC’s present. So if you will please follow me I will direct you. These are JC’s orders, not mine” Joey said as he helped Kara up and walked with her up to the door that had been locked, until today.”

Since JC and Kara moved in together JC had this room ready for the baby.  He locked it about two weeks ago and told Kara no way was he going to let her see this room until the baby shower.  Well today was the day.  JC smiled as he walked out and looked to Kara.

“Ready to see our little lady’s room?” he asked

“Finally!” Kara said as she walked in. 

Kara gasped as she walked into the room. It was decorated in the softest purple walls.  The trim was done in an ivory white around the room.  On one wall was a mural painted by Michael, Kara’s assistant full of Disney princesses surrounding the crib.  The crib Kara and JC selected was dark oak.  The bedding was a light lilac purple with wisps of cream.    In one corner was the changing table complete with all the diapers and presents they just got today, all unpacked and placed properly. 

The wall opposite of the crib was Joey’s gift a 60-inch flat screen tv. In the corner to the right was a bookcase filled with children’s books as well as all movies for their “little lady” to read and watch.

What was amazing was the speakers were built into the walls like around the house with the wifi set to soft lullaby songs.  The closet was as well walk in with all the baby’s clothes all neatly hung up and ready for her wearing.

In the window was a dark oak rocker glider adorned in the same color of the baby’s bedding.

Kara walked around and turned to everyone and with tears of joy in her eyes said a simple, “Thank you.”

“Imagine all this work and it winds up being a boy.” Joey said as they all stood there.

“Oh hell no, this baby is a girl, and JC is screwed.” Justin said.

 

All laughed and enjoyed the rest of the time spent together. 

 

Chapter 39 by kb4jc

Kara woke up feeling a little off.  She was achy and crabby and just not feeling like her normal self.

Looking down at her stomach she felt the baby kicking like normal, but it was really active.

“Hey little lady, you trying to tell me something?” she said as she laid in bed.

Again, the baby kicked and moved. Letting Kara know she’s there.

And that she was about ready to be born.

Rolling over she saw JC not in bed. She slowly got up and heard him in the shower.  Getting up she slowly went to the closet and got her clothes out she wanted to wear today.

Being she was uncomfortable she went with a simple long t shirt dress and her favorite long cardigan.  She put on a simple pair of her pregnancy underwear and a sprots bra.  She was not in the mood for a regular bra. She went to the bathroom and knocked to make sure it was safe to walk in.

She heard JC say it was open and Kara walked in.

Kara smiled as best she could as she walked in and went to the sink to finish getting ready for the day.

JC saw Kara and knew she had been uncomfortable the past few days. 

Per Dr. Covucci she was having early contractions, and this was the heads up to keep an eye being that the baby was due any week, day, or moment.  Kara stopped working in the office and was working from home as was JC, having the guys come over being that they were only a 20-minute ride to the hospital rather than being 45 minutes away in the office.  For ONCE Kara didn’t argue and fully agreed on this and this made JC totally happy about that.  

“How are you feeling today?” JC asked as he stood in the mirror and was finishing shaving.

Kara sighed as she said, “Really uncomfortable, achy, fat, swollen up, ready for this ‘little lady’ to be born.”

JC looked at Kara.  She never once complained so he was a little happy to hear her say she wasn’t feeling good.  He knew she was most likely in labor but didn’t want to complain, so she was most likely blowing off the pain and being uncomfortable. He knew his wife that well and was about to start timing her movements.

Kara finished getting ready and looked at JC.  “Sorry I don’t mean to be such a bitch if I sound like one I-” she was then cut off

“Baby, you are not being a bitch at all, I know you are not feeling that well at all, I cancelled my appointments for today, we are just going to sit downstairs watch anything you want all day, and I will cook dinner tonight, or order takeout whatever, you need to relax and just chill. Okay?” JC said as he kissed her cheek.

Kara looked at JC and for once didn’t argue, before she could say anything she felt a strong pain in her belly and grabbed it.

JC not missing a beat looked at her.  He saw how she started to do some breathing and knew this was it.  It was the start of Kara going into labor.  He grabbed his phone off the counter of the sink and timed the contraction.

As the contraction ended Kara looked at JC, knowing he was timing this. “How long?” She asked.

“45 seconds.” He said.  Then asked. “When was the first one?”

“Bout two hours ago.” She said.

JC smiled a little then said, “I am going to put the bag in the car after I get you set up in your chair downstairs.  I will make you some of your favorite tea and toast and we will just relax watching TV.

Kara smiled as she knew JC was keeping her calm while in his own mind was about to lose it. She kissed him and said. “Deal.”

And JC did just that, he set Kara up in the living room in her chair, got her the remote, made her tea and toast and while she was sitting there eating, he went back in their room and got “the bag” and placed it in the back of his car.

He then sent a group text to the everyone.

JC:  KEEP THE PHONES CLOSE ALL

JT: why

Carly: Seriously Justin

Joey: How is she feeling

JT: what is going on?

JC: she’s feeling crappy and just had a second contraction she’s in the living room having tea and toast.

L: Oh boy here we go

CK: JC how are you holding up.

JC: I’m good, Carly, I will call the school if we go to the hospital, they will excuse you from classes.

Carly: LOVE YOU DAD!

JT: what the hell is going on.

Carly: My mother is in LABOR you dingbat

JT: oh

JT: OH Crap I got 50 this baby takes till after midnight to be born and is 7 pounds even.

L:  I am in I say one am this morning 7lbs 8 oz and looks like her mamma, sounding like her dada.

Carly: before I get yelled at in class I’m with uncle Lance

Joey: I am with Justin

Chris: I am saying all but baby is 8 pounds and looks like the ugly daddy.

JC: thanks Chris. Guys I will keep you posted but no need to come over. 

JC: wait check that Joey is Kelly on duty tonight?

Joey: yep, I just texted her she’s getting Kara all registered. She told me to tell you if the contractions get to 10 minutes apart for 40 minutes head over.

JC: thanks man

 

Not to make Kara crazy he called her mom and dad to give them the news as well as his mother and father, sisters, and brother too.  JC’s mom was going to pick up Kara’s parents as soon as they got their flight info and allow them to stay at their house.

Joey called JC back and let him know that Kara’s sister, would be flying in tomorrow morning and will be staying with the boys at his house as to not bombard his with too many people but then was shot down as JC reminded him, they had the guest house as well as her sister could keep Carly company while he was in the hospital with Kara.

JC walked back into the living room and sat in his spot.   He saw that Kara finished her breakfast and got back up and put the dish in the dishwasher.

Kara sat in the living room and felt another contraction.  She kept an eye on the time and how long it lasted.  Just as she finished it, she saw JC walk back in.

“Had another one that was an hour and it lasted another 45 seconds.” Kara simply stated.

“How are you holding up?” JC said as he knelt in front of her grabbing her hand.

“Okay, for now.  Little scared, but ready for this.” Kara said.

This was it she knew either today or some point in the night their baby would be born.  Kara was feeling all sorts of emotions but smiled as she saw how JC took charge and was with her. 

The remainder of the morning they sat in the living room watching TV laughing and enjoying the time together.

Kara did call Dr Covucci and giver an update as to let her know that she was in labor and give all the information she was supposed to at the start.  The doctor told her what they already knew, once her water broke to get over to the hospital and go right to labor and delivery she will be there as soon as she got the call from the nurse on duty and would meet them there

Around one in the afternoon JC got up to get lunch together and Kara needed to pee.  Or so she thought.  She got to the downstairs bathroom looked down and saw that her water had broken.   The next second she felt a real strong contraction hit her.

“FUCK!” she said she stood in the bathroom seeing the puddle of water at her ankles and felt the pain hit her like a ton of bricks.

“Josh!” she yelled.

JC went to the bathroom and said, “What’s up.” He opened the door to see Kara standing at the sink and saw her knuckles go white as she gripped it with all her might.

Kara looked down after the contraction and said, “My water broke.”

JC took a breath helped Kara out.  He fast went up to their room to grab Kara a fresh pair of clothes as well as her second pair of slip-on shoes and helped her get dressed.

“Sorry baby.” Kara said as JC was helping her.

“What the hell are you sorry for.  You are in labor and apologizing for this? “

“Well,” Kara said embarrassed a little bit.

JC smiled at her then said, “Hey you did it in the bathroom, and if you didn’t it’s no big deal, it’s part of this happening.” He kissed her forehead and then said, “Let’s get to the hospital so our little lady can greet us with her presence”

The drive to the hospital went smoothly as Kara did her breathing as well as texted who she could to let them know it was time.  

 

::::::TWELVE HOURS LATER:::::

Kara finished another contraction as Dr Covucci walked in again. “How are we dong Kara.”

“This sucks!” Kara said as she felt another contraction hit.  She didn’t want to kill JC’s hand, but God bless this man as he sat near her holding her hand and helping her breathe.  He was a true coach helping her and keeping her calm.

The doctor laughed as she then said, “Well that’s good but I have some news.”

Kara looked at her as the doctor started talking, “the baby’s not reacting as well to you laboring as I thought and in the past 4 hours you haven’t dilated more than a centimeter.  I don’t want to push this any longer and I want to get her out, we are going to do a C-section to get her out.  I know this isn’t what you wanted but it’s what’s best for the baby and you right now.”

Kara looked to the doctor and then to Kelly then to JC with a look of worry on her face, “J-“she started but felt scared and nervous and worried.

“Kara it’s okay I will be with you the whole-time baby. I will not leave your side.” JC said knowing what was about to happen and was more than ready.

Kara took a deep breath and said, “Ok let’s do this.”

“Ok JC you need to change into the scrubs that are in the bathroom.  Once you are ready Kelly will come get you and bring you into the operating room right across the hall. “Kelly goes with Kara make sure she’s numb and ready I am going to scrub in, and we will have this baby within the next 45 minutes to hour.”

Kara looked to JC and said, “I will see you soon.”

Before he went to get changed, he kissed Kara on the lips and said, “I can’t wait to meet our little lady.”

“Me too.” Kara said as she was wheeled across the hall.

Kelly smiled as she prepped Kara up. “Deep breaths Kara you have done amazing this whole time.” She said as she got her ready.

Kara was so happy to have Kelly as her nurse to help as well as a best friend to be with her.  If JC couldn’t’ be there she was her second go to.  Kelly had a calming manner to her and knew how to keep Kara calm and relaxed this entire time.

 

Well, her and JC had a way to keep her calm and relaxed. They both had a way to just coach her and keep her calm and happy this entire time.

10 minutes later Kara was strapped down to the gurney feeling nothing from her waist down being that she had the epidural for the surgery.  She laid there as they got her prepped then heard and saw JC sitting above her head smiling down at her.  She smiled up as she saw his face.   He took her hand and held it as he saw the doctor walk in.

“How are you feeling Kara?” she asked.

“I can’t feel my legs if that’s what you are wondering.” Kara said,

“That’s what I want to hear. Okay time of start mark it 01:15” Dr started to cut. 

JC didn’t look up he just looked at Kara and saw a small worry on her face and started to sing.


When you need someone, When it's all gone wrong, You'll see that, I will be there for you always, When the lights go out, And the world breaks, And your heart aches, I will be there for you always... all of the days, Always”

“OK Kara you are going to feel some pressure just take deep breaths.” Dr said as she started to pull the baby out.

Kara did this and looked up into the mirror as she saw her baby girl coming out from her stomach. 

JC looked at the same time and for the first time ever he wasn’t grossed out.  He was amazed. 

Ten seconds later they hear the baby star screaming and crying. Kara had tears in her eyes as she heard the cries of their daughter.

“Congrats mom and dad here she is. Kelly picked the baby up to show fast then went with her to the scale and cleaning station to measure her.

JC cried tears of joy to see his daughter looking and sounding very healthy.

“Good size baby Kara, 8 Pounds 11 oz” Kelly said.

“Wow” Kara mumbled. 

In the next moment there was a loud beep.  Kara had been smiling and happy then then chaos started.

“Dr she’s bleeding out.” Dr Jacobs, the assistant on the job stated.

JC stood by the baby seeing what was happening and was in shock. He didn’t move.

“JC you need to leave right now I will be there in a moment; Kara will be fine.” Kelly stated as she pulled JC out of the operating room to right outside.

Kara laid there quiet and asleep.

JC left not sure what the hell just happened. He looked up and said, “God keep her safe and well, she’s my everything.”

 

Kara’s world

Kara walked around in a sea of white clouds looking down at her lifeless body on the operating table, seeing JC in shock as her daughter was there crying and being cared for by the other nurse that was in the operating room.

Kara was bleeding out a little more than the doctors expected due to the placenta being abrupted while in labor. It was common but it happened very suddenly as Kara watched.

In the distance she heard a voice.

“She’s beautiful Kara.” The voice said.

Kara looked to her right and saw him.

Kara’s eyes went wide.

“She has your eyes and smile. She’s going to be a knockout like her mommy is.” The person said as she stood next to her looking down.

Kara looked on as they doctors were working on her lifeless body.

“I need to get back down there; I am not ready to be here.” She said knowing where she was.

“I know, and you are not staying.   I wanted to tell you I am happy you found your happily forever after.” The person said.  He continued on, “He’s an amazing man and I am glad you and Carly have him in your life to care for you both.”

Kara looked and spoke, “Nate I am so sor-“ but was cut off.

“You have nothing to be sorry for, Kara.  If anyone is sorry it’s me.  I should’ve been to you what Josh, JC whatever the hell you call him is to you and will be to you. He’s exactly what you need in your life.  You are each other’s soulmate.  Point blank.  He loves you, Kara and that baby so much.  I wish I did that for you and I am in agony that I treated you like I did.”

Kara pulled Nate to her and said, “I do love you but, I love JC and the family I got with him now. He’s my whole everything right now.  He loves Carly so much and cares for her like I never imagined.  He’s what we both need for now and always.” Kara said

“I know, I just wanted to get you here to say I am watching but you have him as your soul mate and he will never upset, or hurt you,” Nate started to walk Kara back to her body to go back. “Best wishes beautiful” he said as he then turned around, “Oh and Bobbi won’t be a bother she moved to Paris to live with her new husband. You and Carly are now safe.  I made sure she can’t get back in either.”  I’ll keep my eye on you and remember I will watch from time to time, and I am sorry I didn’t give you what you needed but I found a person who can and will.

Just like that the spirit was gone and Kara went back to her body.

 

“I got a pulse she’s coming back.” Dr Jacobs said as he got the bleeding to stop.

Kara opened her eyes and saw Dr Covucci above her.

“Welcome back there Kara,” she said.

“wh-what the hell.” Kara asked

“You gave us a fast scare; you lost a little more blood than I expected and passed out for a good minute. You are good now as is your insides and the bleeding has stopped.  I am just closing you up so you can go to recovery and see and hold your daughter.” Dr Covucci said. As she continued to work on Kara.

“Where’s Josh.”  Kara asked

“He’s right outside. You will see him in recovery in about 10 minutes Kara.” Kelly said as she wiped a tear away from her eye.  

“Does he know I am okay?” Kara asked.

“Yeah, I just told him.  He’s literally right outside waiting to go across the hall with the baby. “Kelly said.

Kara breathed and looked to the sky and said, to herself, “thank you Nate.”

 

Twenty minutes later Kara was in the recovery room.  Waiting for JC to walk in.  Hearing the door open she saw JC. 

“Hey, can you please not do that again?” JC said as he sat down next to Kara.

Kara smiled as she looked at him, “I have to keep you on your toes every once in a while.”

JC shook his head then said, “I have been on my toes for the past three days with you honey. But the past 45 minutes you scared me to death.”

Kara smiled as she said, “I am sorry. I didn’t really plan for THAT to happen.”

JC bent down and kissed Kara slowly and said, “We have our little lady.”

“I know, how is she?” Kara asked

“Beautiful, like her mommy and sister.” JC said leaning in and kissing Kara softly. “I am so proud of you Kara.”

Kara looked at JC and said, “I am proud of you for not passing out.”

JC laughed at first then said, “I am proud of how strong and courageous you were this whole time.  You amaze me.”

Kara was about to say something but was cut off, “No, you get thrown any challenge and come out stronger every time. Today you amazed me with how you went through this crazy day and just…” JC stopped as he got choked up and had tears in his eyes, the then said “I love you so much Kara.”

Kara smiled and then got serious for a moment, “You know when I was um out?”

“Yeah?”

Kara took a deep breath, “I-I saw Nate, he was with me showing me you looking up and praying for me to be okay and then how beautiful our baby is and that he told me that he’s been watching out for me this whole time and that he’s happy I found you and that he was sorry for all he did.  I told him I needed to be here for you and our little lady and Carly.  He told me I am safe now and that he’s sorry for all he did. I forgave him and told him I was finally happy.”

JC smiled as he laced his fingers with hers and said, “You got your peace with him didn’t you”

Kara with tears in her eyes said, “Yes and I am so happy I did.  Because now I can live MY life and be truly whole heartily happy.”

JC cupped Kara’s face and gave her the sweetest kiss.  The kind that let her know that the two of them were meant to be together for ever and ever.

Just then Kelly wheeled in their baby. 

“Hello mommy and daddy, I would like to introduce you to someone.” Kelly said as she picked up the bundle of pink.

Kara looked while Kelly placed her baby in Kara’s arms.

Kara and JC looked and saw their ‘little lady’.  She was perfect in every way shape and form.

JC then looked and had tears in his eyes.  Here he was with his wife and daughter.  Something he thought he would never have and here it was.  His dream had come true.  He had all he wanted.

Kara smiled as she looked at her.  “Hello little lady, I am your mommy.” She then placed her lips to her daughter’s head and kissed it.

JC smiled as he bent down and kissed the baby’s forehead then went to Kara and said, “I love you so much Kara, but this little lady just stole my heart all over again.”

“Do we have a name for her yet?” Kelly said as she stood there.

JC looked to Kara. She shook her head as he looked to his daughter and said, “Gabrielle Marie Chasez”

Kelly smiled as she looked to the baby and said, “Well I for one want to say, ‘Welcome to the work Gabrielle, and I am sorry to say this, but I just lost 100 to my husband and 50 to the other guys.”

Kara and JC looked at her. “I bet the baby was 6 pounds. And would’ve been born at 11:59pm”

Kara chuckled as she saw the baby open her eyes again looking at her and JC and then said, “Hello Gabrielle, I am you mommy and here is your daddy.”

JC then took the baby from Kara’s arms and held her sitting there.  he was at a loss of words, so he did the one thing he could’ve thought of at that moment, he began to sing.

“In all of creation
All things great and small
You are the one that surpasses them all
More precious than
Any diamond or pearl
They broke the mold
When you came in this world
And I'm trying hard to figure out
Just how I ever did without
The warmth of your smile
The heart of a child
That's deep inside
Leaves me purified”

Kara watched on with tears of joy in her eyes and her heart full of love knowing she had everything she ever wanted in life.

A family of her own and the love of her life right there by her side.  At this moment she knew she knew what she had known all along but felt it all throughout her body and soul.

She was not alone.

 

 

Chapter 40 EPILOUGE by kb4jc

(Ten years later)

“Mom where is my notebook?” Gabrielle asked as she walked into the kitchen.

“Right where you left it last night after your father told you to put it in your backpack, so you didn’t forget where you put it.” Kara said as she stood at the stove cooking breakfast.

Gabrielle smiled seeing it and then said, “Ops.” Then looked to her father and said,

“Okay you were right dad.”

JC smiled as he looked at his daughter and said, “Told you so, now go put it in your bag so you don’t forget about it again.”

Kara smiled as she saw the two of them interact with one another.  she finished cooking then said,

“Gabby got get your brother and tell him breakfast is ready.”

“Ok.”

To say a lot has changed in the past 10 years would be an understatement. 

After Gabrielle was born, the guys all found out that Kelly was pregnant with her second baby.  A daughter name Khloe.

Then Justin met Jessica and they had gotten married after a few years and he now had two children two boys, “Silas and Phinn.”

Chris met Karly, and they themselves had a son Nash, a spitfire like his daddy.  Karly and Kara became fast friends and Kara loved having her around to keep Chris grounded.

JC and Kara were surprised 6 years ago when Kara found out she was pregnant yet again.  She wasn’t trying to have another baby, neither was JC but one trip to Justin’s wedding in Italy got them all hot and heavy and before you knew it Kara was pregnant and had their now five-year-old son, Scott. 

Scott acted like his mother but was a spitting image of his father, dark hair blue eyes and the ever so cutest smile to boot. Total opposite of Gabrielle, who was now 10 and just like her father manner wise. She had JC’s eyes but Kara’s facial features.

“Mommy when is Carly getting here?” Scott asked as he sat at the kitchen table waiting for breakfast.

“I think,” just then the door opened and in walked the eldest child of the Chasez family,

“CARLY!!!!” Scot said as he jumped off his chair and went right to his oldest sister.

“Hey Scott, how are you doing little man?” Carly said as she and Johnathan walked into the kitchen.

“Good. Hi Johnathan.”  Scott said as he went to Johnathan and gave him a fast high five before going back to his seat.

“Hey sweetie.” JC said as he got up and hugged his now 27-year-old daughter.

“Good dad, we just got done with the planner.” Carly said as she sat at the breakfast table.

Yes. Carly and Johnathan were engaged.  They had been together since high school.  After a small little breakup for less than two months when they went to college, they found that they truly missed each other and just like that Johnathan transferred form University of Memphis and went to the University of Miami with Carly.  They lived together off campus and have been together ever since.

They moved into Kara’s first house she owned when they moved to Florida and on the day, they closed on the house they got engaged.  That was about 8 months ago. And they were planning an early fall wedding.

 

Breanne and Carly were never far from one another.  Well maybe for four years when Breanne was accepted into the Institute of Culinary Education in New York where she studied, pastry and cooking and now owned the top bakery in Orlando and another shop soon to be opening in Tampa.  

Breanne was now with one of the pastry chefs she met while in school and it was love at first site.  She was happy as well as she was moving to Lakeland between the two cities so she could keep an eye on both shops. Her baking skills were widely popular.  More so when she won the great American bake off for the Food Network.  They wanted her to create her own baking show but she declined being she didn’t want to be in front of the camera and was happier being in the kitchen making sweets and treats for everyone around her.  

Kara’s parents also decided to be come true Jersey retirees, as they bought a house between Carly, Kara and JC so they could be close.  They stayed down south from after Thanksgiving until the second or third week in April with frequent trips in the summer to spoil their grandchildren by going to Disney, and Universal. To boot they lived down the block from JC’s parents as well and the four of them had become close friends going on as Carly said “old people” trips.

The doorbell rang and Kara yelled, “It’s open!”

 “Good morning, Chasez family how is everyone today!”

“Uncle Chris! Nash!” Scott yelled as he saw his best friend in the whole world walk into the house. 

The two younger boys hugged and smiled as they both saw each other.

Kara and Karly smiled as they saw their two boys getting along so well.

“Just wait when they find out that Silas and Phin will be here soon too.” Karly said.

“What time are they getting in?” JC asked.

Kara not too far away from her planning for the guys looked and said, “Today by noon then we are all flying out to LA tomorrow to go to Lance and Michael’s to see the twins.”

“you have all those baby clothes for them?” JC asked

“I sent it two days ago so they will get to their house the same day we get there babe.” Kara said smiling.

JC looked at Kara not surprised and said, “The planner always a step ahead of everyone.”

“Well, we are not ahead as we need to finish up here and get ready being that the car service will be here in an hour to take us to the airport to get to LA.  So whoever needs to get dressed or cleaned up better be ready.” Kara said as she finished cleaning up from breakfast , looking at both JC and Scott.

“Let’s go little man, time to get ready for our flight.” JC said.

Scott looked at Nash and said, “I’ll be right back I need to be a good kid and get ready.”

Scott ran to JC and said, “Let’s go daddy!”

JC smiled as he got up and took his son up to get dressed and ready.

 

While upstairs Joey, and Khloe walked in.  “Morning all.”

“Hey Uncle Joe,” Carly said as she got up and hugged him.

“Hello Carly. I gotta say I loved your latest billboard shots. They look amazing” Joey said.

Carly was now a photographer working on many prestigious accounts.  She was signed to teen people for its duration and once they shut down, she was a photographer for People, as well as many other magazine companies.  Her true favorite work was doing photos for Travel and Leisure, allowing her to go to some pretty great places around the world.  She had traveled to Fiji, Milan, Paris, London, and Australia taking shots for places to go and visit.  She loved what she did and it showed.  She was about to release a book of the best places to travel from New York and around the world soon.  Her job did take her away more than both Kara and JC liked but she always came back home for important things like this trip.  She was asked by Lance and Michael to take shots of their babies to use in their house and she happily accepted this, free of charge of course.

Jonathan found his knack for broadcasting and his love of sports helped him become a sports broadcaster for ESPN letting him travel to Football and Baseball games, inviting Kara, Justin, and his families to World Series games, as well as the Super Bowl. 

“Hello Chasez, Kirkpatrick, Fatone families! The real party is here!” Justin said with, Jessica, and his two sons in tow.

JC walked down with Scott on his shoulders smiling and so happy to see his two best friends.

Kara smiled as she sat there seeing most of the gang together ready to go see Lance and Michael with their two beautiful new babies waiting to see the new family and bless them with the love that she as well as everyone has had in their hearts.

Standing back, Kara took a mental picture of everyone in her house.  Carly and Jonathan, Bre and her boyfriend, Khloe and Garbrielle, Scott, Nash, Silas and Phin,  Joey and Chris sitting with Karly talking about the latest things happening with Justin, Jessica and JC trading all stories of their children’s accomplishments and silly stories.

JC saw Kara standing there with a tear in her eye and a smile on her face.  He went to her.

“You okay sweetie?”

Kara smiled saying, “I am right where I want to be. And I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

JC pulled her close, embracing her with a hug and a kiss.  Saying  “See you will never be alone ever again.”

“I know and I love you and the life we have Josh. This is more than I wanted, but everything and more.”

JC smiled as held Kara to his side and said, “I love you too, and I couldn’t agree more.”

The End

End Notes:

This is it all. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as i enjoyed creating this.  

hopefully i will contiue to write more and thanks for reading! 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=2095