Lost Soul by lostinadreamx
Summary:

Paige Harper is fresh out of college and writing her first book on the fallen pop idol Justin Timberlake. The problem is... Justin Timberlake has lost it all... his fans, his friends, his family, his sanity and most importantly... his freedom. Can Paige help Justin change his life?


Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass
Awards: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Humor, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 32090 Read: 48067 Published: May 22, 2007 Updated: Apr 14, 2009
Story Notes:

Disclaimer- I OWN NOTHING. well maybe this story but not  all the celebs and justin... not fair.

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1. Misconceptions by lostinadreamx

2. Beautiful Soul by lostinadreamx

3. Forbidden by lostinadreamx

4. Sell Your Soul by lostinadreamx

5. Jaded by lostinadreamx

6. One Shot by lostinadreamx

7. Come Clean by lostinadreamx

8. Separation by lostinadreamx

9. Spaced by lostinadreamx

10. Run Baby Run by lostinadreamx

11. Don't Look Back by lostinadreamx

12. Just Gimme Some Truth by lostinadreamx

Misconceptions by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Chapter 1

Some said he had dementia, others said that he was completely sane and was aware of everything he did. Either way it scared the 22-year-old writer, Paige Harper. She nervously picked at her short French manicured nails, waiting to be let into the maximum-security prison to meet with the so-called rapist/killer/drug addict.
 
This was Paige's first assignment out of UCLA. She was working at Cambridge Publishing Company in California. When they told her about her first job, she was reluctant to turn it down. It could make her career.
 
Paige had been a fan of his when he was in 'N Sync and of course there were rumors of him being a little crazy. There was the incident in which he verbally attacked a girl because she had said, "JC was hotter." It didn't really bother Paige at the time, she was young and Justin Timberlake could do no wrong in her eyes.
 
But Justin had broken up with Cameron Diaz and from then on things went downhill for him. He was accused of raping two girls after a concert and then killing them. That same night Justin had gotten into a fight with his now ex-band-mates in 'N Sync. He left Lance with a concussion and JC with a broken collarbone.
 
After that Justin was evaluated in a mental institution. He was later moved to high-security prison where he was under constant observation. That was exactly where Paige was.
 
The doors opened to reveal an ample cell that was securely shut. Paige thanked God for that. Justin looked up from a book he was reading and smiled curiously at her. Paige felt chills of fear run up and down her body, but she knew that she had to keep her cool.
 
"Mr. Timberlake, I'm Paige Harper, I'm going to be writing a biography on you... I spoke to you're mother and father, Lynn and Paul and they gave me the okay to come here..."
 
"Oh did they...?" He said coldly, looking her up in down in her gray dress suit. Paige looked very professional, something she took pride in. She was in fact very beautiful, a Cuban girl with mid-length brown hair, dark green eyes and the perfect body.
 
Justin watched her every movement and licked his lips. He hadn't seen a woman so beautiful in a long time. He ached to be with her, to hold her in his arms, to explore every inch of her body. Being in prison was like hell for him. He was used to having a woman every night and being celibate was so hard. Justin hated it.
 
Paige was very aware of his gaze and looked away from him nervously. She pushed her hair behind her ear and opened her briefcase. Justin got up from his seat and walked closer toward her. He clutched the bars of the cell and stared at her, the smile never leaving his face.
 
"Ya know... I've had a lot of reporters come visit me here... and I mean A LOT. But you have to have the best tits out of all of them." Justin licked his lips at Paige as she paused and listened, horrified. "And from what I can tell from under those clothes, you have the hottest body."
 
"Enough, Mr. Timberlake. I'm not here to sexually satisfy you, I'm here to record your story." Paige was unaware of where it came from within her to stand up to him. She never stood up to anyone, let alone a killer.
 
"Feisty... I like that in a woman. I can tell you like to be dominated though..."
 
Paige rolled her eyes and stared down at the paper in front of her. She grabbed her tape recorder and turned it on record, never once making eye contact with Justin.
 
"So tell me about your hometown. You're from Millington, Tennessee, right?"
 
"That's right."
 
"What was it like growing up there?"
 
"It was a small town." Justin looked around the room boredly. He yawned and stretched his arms out, half smiling at the annoyance he was causing the girl before him.
 
Paige's patience was truly being tested. She looked up at him, shooting him the nastiest look.
 
"Can you go into a little more detail?"
 
"No."
 
"Justin, will you please cooperate?"
 
"Paige, will you please give me head?"
 
Paige looked up at Justin wanting to slam his head into the metal bars of his cell. She couldn't believe what a sex-crazed asshole her once idol was. The brunette began to stuff the papers back into her briefcase and slammed it shut.
 
"We obviously aren't going to be getting any work done. I think I need to have a talk with your mother."
 
"DON'T TELL MY MAMA!!" Justin's cocky demeanor was wiped away and his southern little boy self was shown. "Please... I'll stop just don't tell her... she's been through enough..."
 
"Will you stop being an asshole then?"
 
"I'm not an asshole." He growled at her. Paige just rolled her eyes and gave a short laugh.
 
"Yeah sure. Anyway are you ready to continue?"
 
"Fine fine..."
 
"So tell me more about life in Millington." Paige looked at Justin who yawned and took a sip of his mug of coffee.
 
"It's a small town, not too far from Memphis. It was always very safe there and I loved growing up there. At the same time I always felt like there was something missing from my life."
 
"What was missing?"
 
"See I always wanted to entertain. My Mom always used to say that when I was a baby I'd bob around the beat of music."
 
"It seems like you really love your Mom."
 
"Yeah, I adore her. She's always believed in me and seen the good in me. Something few people have been able to do. Especially in my current situation." Justin rubbed his face lightly and resumed a seat. "But I guess the music in my genes comes from my father, he's a Blue Grass Musician."
 
"You mean Paul?"
 
"No... Paul is my stepfather but I consider him my father as well. My real father is Randall Timberlake. He got remarried as well and I have two step siblings, Jonathan and Steven."
 
Just as the interview was getting started, Paige's cell phone began to annoyingly ring to the sound of "Material Girl" by Madonna.
 
"I'm so sorry." Paige looked at Justin and gave a half smile. She shut the tape recorder off and answered her phone. "Paige Harper."
 
Justin examined her, watching her every movement. She was so gorgeous in his eyes. Sugary sweet but at the same time there was a spice to her, a little fire insider her that she had shown slightly.
 
The things he wanted to do to her. Only if he could get out of that goddamn cell.
 
"Hi baby... yeah you caught me at a bad time. I'm interviewing Justin Timberlake for the book I'm writing. Yeah it was today..."
 
Baby? He guessed she was taken. That was no matter though. He was Justin Fucking Timberlake. He still had his charm and good looks and even money. He could get any woman he wanted.
 
"I'll give you a call later... okay? Love you bye." Paige hung up her phone and looked up to see Justin staring at her.
 
"Boyfriend?" He asked plainly.
 
"No... Fiancée." She held out the huge ring on her finger and Justin sneered.
 
"You love him?"
 
"I don't think that’s any of your business."
 
"Then neither is my life story."
 
Paige looked annoyed at Justin and gave him a dirty look. Why the hell did he have to be so goddamned difficult?
 
"I don't know. I mean what is love exactly? You could love someone and then you could be in love. How do you know the difference?" Paige decided to use some psychology on Justin to get information out of him. She wasn't lying about a thing she said though. She did love her fiancée but she had no clue what it was like to be in love or how to tell if she was.
 
"When you’re in love, you just have a feeling in your gut. Every time you think of the person and everything that you have experienced together, you smile. Even in the worst times you can't help smiling because the thought of them makes you so indescribably happy." Justin explained. "It's like you’re on a natural high. Life just can't be cruel when you’re with the one you love."
 
A smile formed on Paige's face as she heard this. That was actually really sweet and it surprised her, especially since it came from him.
 
"Have you ever been in love?"
 
"Yes, but its not who you think it is."
 
"You mean it's not Cameron?" Paige asked, the tape recorder on next to her and recording every word he said. She knew that this was going to be perfect for the book. She could almost picture herself winning the Pulitzer Prize.
 
Paige was listening intently and staring at the wild man behind bars. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Justin pulled off the wife beater that adorned his tight body. The brunette writer bit down on her lip and looked away from him. He was more built now then he was during his celebrity days.
 
"No, most of my relationship with Cameron was publicity. She was a nice girl and we did date briefly but she cheated on me with Kelly Slater, some brainless snowboarder, and that ended it."

“So you never loved Cameron?”

“I loved her the way you love your best friend, but she never really gave me that feeling. You know? The butterflies in your stomach and the feeling of being on cloud nine when you’re with the person you love. Everything about them is absolutely perfect and they can do no wrong…”  Justin sighed. “… and then when they do wrong, you try to excuse it and you pray that what’s going on is actually a momentary lapse of judgment on their part, but when the truth hits you its like a ton of bricks. Your dreams are crushed as well as your idealistic vision of that loved one.”

Curiosity bubbled inside the young author. Justin’s words were absolutely breathtaking and she couldn’t believe that this man had actually killed. How could he speak these words yet have the power to commit such evil? Paige was also jealous; she had never once experienced what he was feeling, but she wanted to. She wanted to love someone so completely and perfectly the way Justin explained. It didn’t look like it was going to happen though, and Paige knew she had to accept her fate.
 
"So who was the girl you loved?"
 
"A girl from my past..." Justin cut her off and sighed. "Listen I'm kinda tired, can we end this now?"
 
"Alright... I guess I'll come back tomorrow." Paige shut off her tape recorder and flashed a smile at Justin.
 
"Thanks..."
 
Paige headed to the door after packing her things away. She headed out the door and sighed to herself. Justin was different than how she had imagined him to be; he wasn’t the charming, sweet guy that she had been expecting. But was he really the monster that everyone had made him out to be? Paige wasn’t sure, but she knew that she would get inside Justin Timberlake’s head and she would figure out who he really was.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Beautiful Soul by lostinadreamx

ch 2
 
Paige sat on her bed listening to the tape recording of Justin speaking. He sounded so sad. It must have been hard for him to live in that cell all the time. At the same time she knew he deserved it. He killed and raped two girls and assaulted his own friends.
 
It was scary to look and Justin and imagine that he was a killer. He had a baby face and those blue eyes of his did not look like the eyes of a killer. She picked up her copy of No Strings Attached and stared at the once innocent boy band member. He was so gorgeous and there was a time that Paige would have killed to be with him. She was your typical teenybopper growing up. Pictures of *N Sync filled her bedroom walls and she could probably still recite the words to every song that boyband had ever made.
 
But now her future husband was in the next room and that part of her life was long over. Paige turned to the living room and spotted her fiancé seated on a chair reading a magazine. He was gorgeous in his own dark way. He was fair skinned like herself, with dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Ryan was very broad and gave off a mysterious look to him, but he was far from that.
 
Ryan was a very predictable, blue-collar employee who worked a simple 9 to 5 job. Paige cared for him deeply, but wasn't in love. She didn't need love; in fact she had given up on the fairytale of finding someone to love a long time ago. Paige just wanted the stability of having a husband and settling down.
 
Once again Paige rewound the tape recording and began to play it again. She fell asleep on her papers to the sound of Justin's voice.
 
When you’re in love, you just have a feeling in your gut. Every time you think of the person and everything that you have experienced together, you smile. Even at the worst time you can't help smiling because the thought of them makes you so indescribably happy. It's like you’re on a natural high. Life just can't be cruel when you’re with the one you love.

**
Justin tossed a nerf ball around his cell, bored out of his mind. Well he couldn't say he was bored because he had Paige on his mind. That gorgeous brunette with the long legs and sexy body he knew was aching to show from under her conservative clothing.
 
He reached down and rubbed his hard on softly. Justin was sick of whacking off all the time. He wanted a woman to please him, he wanted Paige.
 
Too bad she was taken. He would take care of that though. Once she had a taste of Timberlake, she wouldn't want to go back to her fiancé or anyone else for that matter. He'd fuck her till she was sore and would never look at another man again.
 
First he'd toy with her though. Get her so riled up that she'd come to him. Unless he was able to get to her first.
 
"Hi Justin." Paige smiled at him and walked over to her seat that she had taken the day before. Justin stared at her and licked his lips.
 
She looked beautiful, dressing a little more casual. She had on a denim skirt and a simple pink shirt. Justin forced a smile at the woman across from him and rubbed his built arms.
 
"Hi."
 
"I thought we could continue the interview... is that okay?"
 
"Yeah sure." Justin leaned back in his chair and rested his head against the wall. He watched as Paige crossed her toned legs. He just sighed. This girl was such a fucking tease.
 
The two discussed more of his life in Millington. The whole interviewing process was boring the shit out of him. Justin just kept imagining what the brunette looked naked, hell that was all he cared about.
 
"Justin?" Paige said, snapping him out his daze.
 
"Oh yeah..?"
 
"So tell me, you and Trace are best friends?"
 
"Trace is more like my brother. We grew up together and we'll grow old together. It was like everything happened to us at the same time. We're like the same person."
 
"Do you feel like that with the guys of Nsync?"
 
Justin rolled his eyes and laughed under his breath.
 
"The traitors? Yeah fucking right. I mean maybe Chris and Joey will always be my friends but the rest can fucking blow me."
 
"What happened with Lance and JC?"
 
"I don't wanna fucking talk about it? Okay?"
 
"Justin, come on. I need to know."
 
"You don't need to know anything besides how to suck my cock, okay?!" Justin didn't mean to come off as such an asshole, but the mere mention of Lance and JC sent him over the edge. They ruined his life. No one could understand the absolute betrayal that he felt towards his former friends.
 
"You are just like everyone said you were. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're just a fucking NYMPHO!!" Paige was shaking from anger. She grabbed her cell phone and began to dial numbers; if Justin wasn’t going to cooperate than neither would she. "I think I need to get your mother down here so she can teach you how to talk to a woman!"
 
"Paige come on don't call her!!" Justin's mood immediately changed and he felt like an asshole.
 
"Why the hell shouldn't I?!"
 
"Because I'm asking you nicely... please?"
 
"You weren't too nice to me 2 minutes ago. I shouldn't even give you the time of day."
 
"I'll tell you what happened if you just calm down okay?"
 
Paige sat back down and clicked the recorder back on. She folded her arms over her chest and listened as Justin told his story.
 
"JC and Lance set me up. That’s why I get angry when anyone mentions them. I didn't rape those girls or kill those girls. JC and Lance were so jealous of my solo success that they wanted to ruin me, and they did. They hired people to kill and rape those girls and then made it look like I did it."
 
"How do you know that’s true?" Paige raised her eyebrow, unsure whether to believe this story. It was a bit farfetched to her.
 
"I didn't lay a hand on either of them or those girls. Plus, Trace heard them talking about it. He confronted them but they got him sent to a mental institution in Chicago."
 
"That’s crazy... there has to be proof. If this is true... I wanna try to clear your name. You deserve to be free." Paige said this but still was uncertain of Justin. She knew that Justin could just be lying to try and gain sympathy points from her. What was certain though was that she did not trust Justin at all.
 
"If my lawyers couldn't do it, what makes you think you can?"
 
"What if they paid off your lawyers Justin?" Paige looked at him and he raised an eyebrow. It was mere speculation on her part, but it would make a hell of an interesting story if it were the truth. Paige’s career would definitely take off.
 
"They couldn't have..."
 
"It's possible."
 
"Listen, you need to keep away from the guys. If you think I'm crazy then wait till you see them. They would swallow you whole."

Justin was actually being serious about the situation with Lance and JC. They were dangerous and he was concerned about the well being of Paige. If they knew that she was trying to uncover the truth, they could go after her and try to hurt the perfection that was Paige Harper. She was too beautiful to be destroyed, and besides, he still hadn’t had her.
 
"I can take care of myself. But wouldn't it be awesome if you were out of here?"
 
"I'm working on getting my case appealed. That’s how I'll get out."
 
"And if you don't you’re fucked. Justin let me try."
 
"Why the hell do you care? I mean you were screaming at me for being a nympho and now you want me out on the streets?" Justin raised an eyebrow at Paige who merely shrugged her shoulders.
 
"What you said about love yesterday really got to me. You may be a pervert but you've obviously loved deeply. Someone that’s capable of feeling that great of an emotion has to have some sanity inside."

Paige was being truthful, his words had definitely gotten to her yesterday, in fact she hadn’t been able to get them out of her head. The buxom brunette envied Justin for his ability to of been able to love so deeply in his lifetime. Paige never experienced that, only some artificial replica. She forced the thought out of her mind, Ryan was good for her and being with him would secure a happy life.
 
 “I’m glad someone thinks so.” Justin sighed. Paige just gave Justin a half smile.
 
 “When I get to work on something, I don’t stop till I accomplish it. So come on… just let me do this.”
 
 “Fine… but be careful?”
 
 “I will.” Paige beamed.

Blue eyes burned with a glimmer of hope. Would Justin be able to get out of prison with the help of Paige? Could he even really trust her? It could be very possible that the beautiful woman before him was in cahoots with JC and Lance, but Justin decided to take his chances. What was the worst that could happen anyway?
 
 

Forbidden by lostinadreamx

Chapter 3

 Paige sat in her car, reading over the questions she had for Cameron Diaz. She still couldn’t get over the fact that she was going to meet and interview the drop dead gorgeous actress who knew so much about Justin Timberlake. Fear was consuming her; would she discover some truths about Justin that would make her see him differently? Would it turn out that he was decent? That was laughable. Justin was probably just a manipulative liar who was trying to do anything he could to get out of prison.

 She climbed out of her car and walked into the small bistro, Candor, in central LA. This particular eating establishment was where Paige had first met Ryan. Paige was still in high school at this point and Candor became a popular after school hang out for her and her girlfriends, the rich girls who had everything they wanted.

 Ryan immediately approached Paige, thinking her to be older than what she was, he chatted her up and from then on they were pretty much a couple. The age difference between the two was something that Paige adored, she loved older men; they were dangerous and so much better than the immature boys in her high school and college. She was wrong about that though; as time went on, Paige discovered that Ryan was not at all dangerous, he was safe. That was probably what kept her with him for so long, she knew he’d never leave her and she’d never have her heart ripped apart.

 The flooding memories were knocked out of Paige’s mind when the 30-something brunette happily waved Paige over. Paige seemed taken back by the overly friendly attitude of Cameron, was she the same woman that threatened paparazzi and broke their cameras?

 “Hi! You must be Paige Harper. It’s so nice to meet you.” Cameron smiled one of her award-winning smiles and shook Paige’s hand.

 “Same here, Ms. Diaz. I’m such a big fan.”
 
 “Oh please, call me Cameron, Ms. Diaz is way too formal.”

 “I’m sorry.” Paige smiled and took a seat across from Cameron. “I’m so grateful that you took time out of your busy schedule to talk to me.”

 “Are you kidding? Justin and I were great friends and I would do anything for him.”

 Paige began setting up her tape recorder and pulled out some paper work. Justin hadn’t been lying when he said that he and Cameron had dated briefly, their 4 year relationship really had been all for publicity and tabloids. Wow.

 “He spoke very highly of you too.” Paige was lying, of course, Justin had only mentioned Cameron briefly and when he did he only spoke of her cheating ways.

 “Aw really? I’m so glad to hear that. We had a rocky break up. I mean everyone knows that story, and I take the blame for that, but I really didn’t know that he would just flip out after all that happened.” Cameron stated and sipped her cup of herbal tea. It smelled amazing and Paige was definitely thinking of ordering herself the same thing.

 Cameron was a knockout, her now brown hair made her blue eyes pop out. She had the body a million girls would kill for. Cameron had everything, yet at the same time, it seemed like she regretted not having Justin either. Paige was trained to read body language and she could see by the way that Cameron tensed up at the mention of the break up. Paige knew that she had to get more information. One thing at a time though.

 “So Justin never really showed any signs of violence or signs of a mental disorder when you knew him?”

 “Um… he wasn’t violent… he was… oh God this is embarrassing.”
 
 “He was what?”

 “Justin had these weird… fetishes.” Cameron stated, causing Paige’s eyes to bug out of her head. Were they really going to get into their sexual relationship? Paige knew first hand what a horny bastard that Justin was and she really wasn’t sure if she wanted to divulge into how horny he was. “He liked to tie me up. He loved even more to dominate me and to be in control.”

 Paige’s mind was racing at this revelation. Hadn’t Justin tied up his victims? This was only more evidence against him. Her tiny body shook slightly at the thought of what he could do to her if he ever got out of that cell.

 “So he liked S&M?”

 “Pretty much. It kind of freaked me out at first, I’m not really that type of girl but I was willing to try it for him. He was just so into it… like in bed he was one person and then out of bed he was another. It was like he had split personalities or something.”

 Okay. That was definite documentation of a possible mental disorder. Poor Justin. He really needed help. Why hadn’t anyone tried to intervene before this terrible tragedy occurred? Paige wanted to scream at his mother and all his friends. Instead of treating Justin like a cash cow they should have gotten up and tried to get him the help he needed and deserved!

 “So he was normal when you weren’t intimate?”

 “Basically… I mean, don’t get me wrong, the sex was great… it’s just… I’m not into whips and chains and blindfolds.” Cameron tossed her hair behind her shoulder and shrugged. “I guess it just wasn’t written in the stars for us.”

 “Justin is a little strange. The minute he met me he started hitting on me and hasn’t stopped. I feel a little sorry for him but it’s not in my job description to sexually satisfy him… nor would I want to.” Paige said smirking and rolling her eyes.

 Paige was lying a little, maybe under different circumstances she would have been crazy about Justin, but that was not going to happen. He was a convicted murderer, not to mention insanely conceited. Paige knew that she would much rather give him a kick to the ego then jump in the sack with him.

 “You don’t know what you’re missing. He was really good… “ Cameron bit her lip coyly and whispered to Paige. “Not to mention huge.”

 Wow. Too much information, yet enough for her. Paige turned a deep scarlet and sunk down into her seat. Growing up she had imagined how big he was, but only in her dreams did she believe that he was actually what she hoped for.

 “Wow. Very wow.”

 “I was probably as shocked as you when I saw. I was expecting him to be small… but it shocked the hell out of me, but yeah that’s not really important.”

 “I guess not… um… so do you know anything about Justin’s past relationships? Like any other girlfriends?”

 “Uh… I know he dated Alyssa Milano before me, but that was a brief fling. He was with Scarlett Johansson after me and obviously, Miss Britney Spears.”

 Britney Spears. Yes. Paige had forgotten all about her. After her very public breakdown, Britney went a little crazy and eventually entered rehab. After that, it seemed that she disappeared along with the possibility of her come back. The brunette knew that she was going to have to find Britney and question her. It was the only way the truth really would be able to come out.

 “What was Justin’s relationship like with the NSync guys?” Paige asked. The question seemed to catch Cameron off guard and she stared stunned for a moment, but quickly covered it up like the professional actress she was. Something was definitely up. Did Cameron know more than she led on?

 “Um… they all seemed to get along well. There was always little fights but they seemed to be best friends. I really don’t know why Justin almost killed Lance and JC but that just wasn’t like him. When I first met Justin he was set on helping JC with his solo album, they all seemed like they got along really well despite the breakup of *NSync.”

 Paige was starting to question Cameron’s credibility. She knew more than she led on, and these short and sweet answers she was giving were completely dodging the question. Something was going on and Paige NEEDED to get to the bottom of this.

 “Okay, one more question, Cameron. Do you think Justin raped and killed those girls?” Paige knew she was pressing on dangerous territory, the only answer Cameron could give was mere hearsay and an opinion. A sigh omitted from Paige as Cameron squirmed in her seat uneasily.

 “I don’t know…a part of me wants to believe he didn’t… but all the evidence points to him. I guess sometimes we don’t know people as well as we think we do.”

 Wasn’t that the truth. Paige couldn’t help but to agree with Cameron, so many people had continually surprised her with their lack of compassion. Like Justin’s mother for example, she seemed like a nice woman but how could a mother cash in on their sons break down? STAGE MOM!

 “Well thank you for your time, Cameron.” Paige faked a smile at Cameron and stood up from her seat. She quickly gathered up all her materials, trying to get as far away as quickly as she could. “This has all been very helpful.”

 “Anytime… if you have anymore questions or anything… give me a call.” Cameron answered with a sugary sweet smile.

 “I see right through that lying bitch.” Paige thought to herself walking to her car and away from Cameron. “I just need to make her spill her guts.”

**

 Paige sat on her bed with all her paperwork around her once again. This was becoming like a nightly tradition for her. She was becoming more and more engrossed in her work as the days went on. This mystery was drawing her in and she knew she had to solve it, no matter what the cost.

 “Baby… are you coming out to dinner tonight?” Ryan called to her from outside the bedroom.

 Every weekend she accompanied Ryan to dinner with his friends and their prospective girlfriends/wives. It wasn’t something she particularly enjoyed doing, mostly because her only source of conversation were females who sat back and had children. They weren’t interesting, nor did they really speak to her about anything worth while. In her opinion, they were just a waste of space, concerned with nothing but money and their own pointless lives.

 “No, Ryan… I’m swamped with work… I’m sorry.”

 She heard him omit a loud sigh and knew that he wasn’t happy. She often felt that Ryan wanted her to be his trophy wife and that kind of scared Paige. She was content working and having her own career. It was what she wanted to do with her life.

 “Fine… I’ll see you when I get in then.”

 A loud door slam was heard as Ryan left Paige alone in the apartment, only with her work for company. This actually made Paige feel better; she didn’t need Ryan around boring her with conversations about their wedding. The date that Paige was desperately trying to prolong for as long as she could. She loved him, but wasn’t ready, yet she didn’t want to lose the only stability she had in her life.

 Paige tore her mind away from her personal life and looked back at her work. Paige stared at the collection of magazine clippings she had about Justin’s arrest, trial and sentencing. They all just seemed to bash him and wonder what happened to the golden boy who was supposedly “bringing sexy back”? US Weekly did an entire issue speculating his downfall; blaming everything from drugs, alcohol, schizophrenia to even saying he was in some sort of cult.

 This was all laughable, Paige was determined to find the true story and the first step to doing that was calling the woman who knew everything about him, his mother Lynn Harless. Paige shakily went through her phonebook and called the number of the woman who deserved a slap to the face for not being a better mother to her son.

 Paige’s trusty tape recorder was set up and waiting to record every word Lynn Harless was going to omit.

 “Hello?”

 “Hi, is this Mrs. Harless?”

 “May I ask who’s calling?” The feminine southern voice on the other side of the call asked.

 “This is Paige Harper… Mrs. Harless hired me to write a biography on her son, Justin.” Paige responded; she was becoming infatuated with a before and after shot of Justin. On one side of the photo he was holding two Grammys in his hands with a grin on his face and the other photo depicted him in handcuffs being pushed into a police car.

The photo was a haunting reminder of what celebrity and money could do to someone. It could tear you apart, making you not even a shell of who you used to be. It strips you naked of everything and leaves you alone and defenseless in the spot light until finally you lose the last thing you have, your soul.

“Oh hello sweetheart, I was just afraid you were one of those tabloids. Thems been callin’ me all the time for a statement or some hot gossip.” Lynn stated; a noisy background was what Paige was greeted with and she silently hoped she hadn’t caught her in the middle of dinner. Those Southerners hated impoliteness and Paige knew that she needed to kiss this woman’s ass. She was helping her to make her career after all. “And do call me Lynn! Is everything going okay with the interviews? Has Justin been behaving himself?”

Oh if only Paige were to reveal the truth about everything, but instead her tongue was bitten. No use in sharing the unimportant facts.

“Everything is fine. Justin has been very cooperative. I was just calling because I’d like to interview you for the book.”

“Me? Well, I am a tad bit busy runnin’ Justin’s company, Tennman Entertainment, but I think I can squeeze you in next weekend.”

“That’s perfect… um have I caught you in the middle of anything? Because I really wanted to ask you a couple of questions about Justin. It will be really quick… I promise.”

“Sure that would be fine. We actually just finished dinner so it’s fine. You are so polite…. Every other reporter works to their convenience but you seem different.” Lynn responded, causing Paige to smile shyly. “Justin couldn’t stop gushing about how beautiful you are when I went to see him.”

“Oh… I…”

“I thought it was very sweet and I thank you for trying with him. I know my son can be very… what’s the word… difficult to deal with, but I assure you that he really is a good boy. I tried my hardest with him but it’s hard to control him.”

Listening to Lynn gush about Justin had Paige confused. Was this woman being sincere or was she actually just kissing ass because of what Paige was doing. The Cuban girl was just stunned at the compliments she was receiving and the straight up love and loyalty Lynn had for Justin.  She would never betray him, yet she was giving more confirmation that Justin had a problem.

 Paige didn’t want to believe he had a problem; she was secretly rooting for him but didn’t want to admit that it was because of any other reason than to get ahead in her career.

 “He’s hard to control? Mrs- um Lynn, did you ever consider that maybe there was a problem with Justin?”

 “No… I mean he wasn’t always like this… my little boy was sweet and loving, the perfect little gentlemen. Sure he was stubborn and had a personality, but that’s what added to his charm; eventually this charm became manipulation… and honestly he became like a spoiled two year old, throwing tantrums when he didn’t get his way.  But anyway, Justin had such dreams and aspirations growing up, they were so beautiful, he thought he could take on the world… and he did. Every dream he had came true. In the end it was too much for him to handle; the pressures of his career, his girlfriends, his friends and even his family brought him to where he is today… not any disease.” Lynn had started to cry which made Paige feel absolutely horrible. The poor woman blamed herself for where Justin was. “He was on top of the world and his fall to the bottom was hard. In a matter of months he lost it all and just cracked. I don’t believe that the boy I raised could do any of the things he was accused of, but the man in the spot light, I’m not sure of.”

 “So Justin changed when he got famous?”

 “Yes… and what changed him even more… was her.”

 “Her?”

 “Britney Spears. After she broke his heart, he was never the same again.” Lynn sniffed as a man in the background was heard speaking. “Paul, I’m coming… will you calm down?!”

 “I understand your busy… go tend to your husband. Thank you so much for taking time out and talking to me, Lynn. I really appreciate at.” Paige said honestly.

Her entire opinion of Lynn had changed with this short conversation. It was really like no one was what they seemed.

“Thank you, Paige… you really are a wonderful human being. I’m so glad I picked you for this… I know you’ll see beyond what everyone is trying to fabricate and let the real story shine through.”

“Of course I will… I want the world to know what a great son you have… I want the entire planet to know that there assumptions are wrong.”

“You don’t know what that means to me…”

“Just trust me. I promise I won’t let you or Justin down.”

**

 “Good morning Timberlake.” Paige walked into the room where Justin was being held with a devious smile.

 “What are you doing here?” Justin stood up and stared at Paige with the lustful glimmer in his eye that was present from the moment he had seen her. “I thought you only came in on the weekends?”

 “Well we need to get down to business… I need you to be honest with me. Are you ready to open up?”

 “Mmm… only if you are.” Justin smiled, causing Paige to roll her eyes.

 “The perverted puns are getting kind of old… think of some new material to make me blush, Justin.” Paige smiled and took a seat before Justin.

 The man behind the bars watched the brunette with fascination. She was so different from the girls who had thrown themselves at him and spread their legs the minute he asked. Paige really was a good girl and it intrigued Justin. Not only was she young and innocent but she had clever comebacks for him. Justin got a kick out of her wit.

“Don’t worry… I have plenty of time to think… especially when you have such easy openings for me to throw them in.” Justin beamed at her and came toward the bars, his immense hands grabbed onto them tightly.

Paige forced the thoughts of what he could do with those hands out of her mind. He was a killer for God sake! She could not be having impure thoughts of someone who committed so much evil in his life.

“Okay… so Justin I need you to tell me about Britney.”

The name made Justin’s heart stop. Britney still had that affect on him, even 5 years after their breakup his heart still ached at the mention of her name. She had two kids now and was probably just as big a mess as he was. It was funny how their lives always mirrored each others. They were both at their peaks of fame together and they both fell together; to Justin it truly showed how much she was his soul mate.

“I don’t want to talk about her.”

“Please Justin… it’s important that we do…”

“If I do… what do I get out of it?” Justin’s anguished expression changed to a smirk. Paige just shifted uncomfortably in her chair. She knew that whatever was going through his sick mind couldn’t be good.

“What did you have in mind?”

“You strip naked and spread eagle against the bars and let me pound you out.” Justin licked his full lips. “Then we can talk whatever you want.”

“That sounds great….” Paige said rolling her eyes. “Oops wait I’m engaged… SORRY.”

“What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.”

“Can’t you think about anything else Justin?”

“Not when you’re around.” Justin flashed a million dollar smile at Paige causing her to turn a deep red.

“Sex is way overrated… I don’t know why you like it so much.” Paige said, playing with the volume on the tape recorder which recorded every single conversation she had with Justin.

“WHAT?! Overrated? WHOA WHOA WHOA! Hold the fuck on… you’re telling me you don’t like sex?”

“I like it… it’s just like… I never um… forget it.”

The Cuban reporter refused to look up from her papers. She never wanted to share her personal life with Justin and this entire thing was very embarrassing. She had never told anyone, not even her girlfriends, about her sex life and confessing it to a complete stranger was just plain awkward.

“You’ve never gotten off have you?”

Silence was what Justin was responded with. Oh God… he practically busted in his pants at the things he was going to do to this girl. He was picturing it all, giving her orgasm after orgasm, leaving her completely satisfied while satisfying himself. The fallen popstar wanted her right then and there.

“Damn girl… you’re man just doesn’t know how to give it to you. Trust me, doll face, sex is fucking amazing when the guy knows how to work pussy right.”

“Ew, I hate that word!” She exclaimed, trying to change the subject. “So can we just talk about Britney?”

“Not until you take your clothes off.”

“I’m not doing that!” Paige crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. Justin really was a lunatic to her; how could he possibly think she was going to admit anything that he was accusing and then go and sleep with him?!

“We don’t have to fuck… just let me see something… come on…”

“Will you talk then?”

Justin licked his lips and nodded. He was so horny that he would do anything to see Paige’s hot little body. Yet, it really bothered him that she just wouldn’t give in and fuck him. It was clear that she wasn’t like other girls but he still wanted her. Why couldn’t it just be easy like the days in NSync when all he had to do was walk out of his tour bus, grab a girl and get what he wanted?

“Yes.”

Paige swallowed her pride as she slowly removed her tank top and bra. She figured that if this was the only way to get her story, she might as well just play by Justin’s rules, even though she despised them.

“Oh my God… come here… come closer….” Justin‘s arm reached through the bars, coming closer to Paige’s chest.

Justin had never seen a more perfect pair of breasts in his life. He had thought Britney had the perfect pair once, but seeing Paige’s moved to a completely different level. She had the sickest body that he had ever seen and he knew more than ever that he had to have her.

“I’m not coming closer! I never said you could touch me!”

“Come on… let me grab them… and then I want to give you a little kiss… right in between your thighs.” The confined man was so horny and he figured that maybe showing the girl before him would make her feel the same.

Justin’s pants were pulled down to his ankles and his massive penis was released. Paige’s eyes widened in shock and fascination. He was absolutely massive, probably twice as big as Ryan.

“OH MY GOD!” She did the only thing she could think of. Paige covered her eyes and pulled her shirt back on. “This was a bad idea… oh my God…that’s massive… oh my God…”

“I’ve heard that before.” Justin laughed arrogantly. “Come on… just come closer… let me show you how nice it’ll be when I stick it in you.”

“Justin… stop! I did what you said so now you need to talk about Britney!”

Feeling both agitated and aroused, Paige tried to take her mind off the situation at hand. Justin Timberlake was throwing himself at her and she couldn’t even do anything about it but freak out. This was probably every girl’s dream and she was lucky enough to get a chance to do it. A part of her was kicking herself for saying no and the other was patting her on the back for being so strong willed.

“Fucking cock tease!” Justin burst out and sent a punch to the concrete wall. “You show me your perfect little tits and just don’t even let me touch them?!”

“Okay… Mr. Timberlake… I’m going to give you a few minutes to calm yourself down. When I come back I want to hear nothing about us performing any sexual act… is that clear?” Paige stared at the floor as she spoke, unable to look as strong as her words were. She knew that if he were out of the cell, she would be sleeping with him at that moment.

She couldn’t do that to Ryan, he was a good man, he wasn’t like Justin who had all the mystery and drama surrounding his life. Safety was what she wanted… right?  Paige didn’t allow herself to stand in that room anymore, she walked into the hallway and slumped against the wall. She was in absolute shambles, and anyone passing by would probably think she was the crazy one instead of Justin.

Paige knew she had to be crazy to have any desire for this man.

 

Sell Your Soul by lostinadreamx

Chapter 4 

Paige waited about 15 minutes before coming back into the room Justin was being held. She had made a silent vow to herself while waiting outside the room Justin was being held in; she would not let Justin break her resistance down. Sure he was good looking, sure he was charming, but at the end of the day she could not mix business with pleasure.  

"Are we calm now?" Paige asked patronizingly, once again setting up her papers. She was beginning to think she ought to set up an office in the room Justin was held in. He was separated from the other prisoners, and given a bit of privacy, except for the chair that Paige was seated in, which usually was for a guard. 

The room was bleak, plain hospital white walls with a gray linoleum floor. Justin probably hated this place, knowingly because he was used to the finer things in life. Paige pitied the poor little rich boy, he had worked so hard and wasn't even able to enjoy the fruits of his labor… even if it was justified that he did lose it all.  

"No and I won't be until I'm cumming inside you." Justin responded.  

A heavy sigh befell the reporter. Getting Justin's mind off sex was going to be extremely difficult but she had to try.  

"Well, I guess you're never going to be calm then."  

"Bitch."  

"Please Justin, I'm just trying to get my work done. I know this is all fun and games for you but I actually have a life. I could be still in bed with my fiancée right now but I'm here interviewing you… so can we make this as quick and painless as possible?"

At this point, Paige was agitated, anyone would be. She was tired of having to fight with Justin in order to get some answers out of him. The whole process was draining her and the Cuban girl wasn't sure how much more she could put up with.

"Don't you think I'd much rather be in bed and living my own life as well? Do you think I enjoy being locked up in a fucking cell with someone watching my every move? You don't know what it's like here Paige. Everyone seems to think that I'm insane… well guess fucking what… I feel like slowly but surely I really AM going insane."

"I know this must be terrible for you and it's not fair."

"You're damn fucking right it's not fair. It's not fair that I don't get to speak to my Mother whenever the hell I want and it's not fair that Lance and JC are living the good life while Trace, Tommy and myself are suffering." Justin sat back down on his bed and put his face in his hands. Paige just perked up at the sound of a new name.

"Tommy?"

"He, Trace and I were closer than close. The two of them would never betray me and that's what got them into trouble."

"Justin… you have another possible witness to vouch for you and you just leave this out of everything?!" Paige practically screamed, was he really that stupid? Justin Timberlake stood up from his seat, his nostrils flaring with anger. All Paige could think of when she looked at him was that this must have been the uncontrollable part of Justin that Lynn had warned her about. Paige made sure to document it all while never breaking eye contact with him. 

"Thomas Ryan disappeared a year ago, for your information. It was like someone completely erased him from existence." Justin was a mix of both sadness and fury. "This was all JC and Lance… they wanted to see me fall… they wanted to see me alone."

"Why would they want to do that?"

"I don't fucking know! Jealousy, insanity…here's an idea… why don't you go and ask them?" Justin stated with sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"I want to help you Justin… but you need to stop being such an asshole. Got me? I'm going to find Tommy and prove your innocence but you have to work with me." Paige said to Justin, who had turned his back to her and was staring out the window.

"Don't bullshit me, Paige. I know you're looking for your big break and you're not interested in what happens to me. I learned a long time ago that when it comes down to it, girls will do anything… including back stab the people they supposedly care about." The Cuban reporter wasn't sure why, but it actually hurt her to hear that Justin had such an opinion of her.

She blinked a few times, before getting up and walking up to the cell. All the fear that had once filled her when it came to Justin disappeared. Something told her that he would never hurt her as she clutched the bars to the cell and stared in at him.

"Usually… I wouldn't bother to defend myself against anyone making false assumptions against me, but I think I need to open my mouth to you about our professional relationship will not work." Paige's words caused Justin to turn around and stare dumbfounded at her. "I'm not like other girls, Justin, I keep my promises, no matter how insignificant they are. Besides that, I'm not self absorbed and I'm faithful. I don't know what you have gone through in your life or the fucked up people you have come in contact with but I give you my word that I will make the truth come out concerning everything that went down with you."

Justin walked slowly up to the cell, just staring at the girl before him. If he knew one thing for sure, he did know that she wasn't like other girls. This reporter before him was turning out to be absolutely perfect…just like Britney was before fame, money, drugs and sex overtook her.

"I want to believe you…" The confined man in the prison cell looked down sadly. Paige felt a tug on her heart strings and without another thought, she reached her hand into Justin's cell and took hold of his hand.

"Then just do it, fight all your doubts and fears and put your faith in me. Honestly… I didn't really believe you at first, but after speaking with Cameron… I'm convinced that she knows more than she's letting on."

Shock. These last few moments were filled with shock for Justin as Paige willingly reached out and touched him. The girl who had been avoiding any personal relationship with him had actually opened herself up to him. This was the first human contact he had with anyone outside his family and he wasn't sure if it was because of that simple fact that he was feeling the way he was.

Electricity was running through his veins as the beautiful Paige stared into his eyes. She wasn't just some hot girl… she was a beautiful human being now. Paige was showing him her true nature and he started to feel that it might actually be okay to trust her; that was something he wanted to do more than anything.

"You spoke to Cam?" "

Yeah and she's hiding something. For being one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood, that bitch seriously slipped up for a second and let the guilt show on her face." Paige explained as a playful grin formed on her face. "And not to be mean… well yeah… it is intentional, What the hell were you doing with that old pizza faced bitch? I know you were only dating briefly but even so, EW!"

Hearing those words caused Justin to fall into an uproar of laughter. The hand, which wasn't holding Paige's, clamped over his mouth trying to conceal the laughter. Justin was hysterical at how in tune Paige was; it was almost like she knew him as his friends did.

"I'm sorry but Trace used to say the same thing. He would be like DUDE… older girls are hot and can teach you shit… but that bitch is NASTY." Paige and Justin both giggled at the "intellectual" teachings of Trace.

Fingertips traced circles on the palm of Paige's small hand. Her blue-green eyes stared up at him innocently. He wanted to consume all of her, let her know everything he'd been through and in turn learn everything there was to know about her. But more than anything, Justin wanted to hold her and let her know how grateful he was to her.

"All I can say is that my life is pretty plain… I like watching the puddles gather rain…" Paige's cell phone rang to her favorite song, "No Rain" by Blind Melon.

To both their dismay, their hands parted from each others touch. "Good song." Justin stated, fighting the longing he was feeling.

He wanted to hold her hand and never let go.Paige just looked up and gave him a weak smile before answering her phone. Nervous was not the word to describe how she became when answering the call from her superior. Dominic Katz scared the hell out of her, so she felt like she had to do everything in her power to impress him.

"Hello Mr. Katz…"

"Harper I want you in my office in one hour or less! I expect a full briefing on everything you've acquired!" The rude man hung up the phone without a greeting or sign that he answered the phone. Paige just stood stunned for a moment before finally turning to Justin who was staring at her.

"My boss… he's not one for words…" Paige said huffing. "Actually he's a rude son of a bitch and now I have to go run and meet his beckon call."

"Aren't they all, *N Sync's first manager, Lou Pearlman was a slave driver. He used to work us to the bone. That fat piece of shit, but um anyway I hope everything's okay. ." Paige just laughed as she quickly went about collecting all her papers once again. This task was getting so tiring; she really needed to hire someone to help her with all the paper work and filing.

"Everything's fine… I think he just wants to know where I'm at."

"Well… still good luck." Justin smiled.She turned around and smiled back genuinely at Justin. Okay, so she was figuring that maybe there was more to him than the sex obsessed guy that he portrayed himself as. Justin Randall Timberlake was a nice guy when he wasn't trying to get in her pants.

"Thanks Justin… I'll come by tomorrow or something. We need to talk about the Britney thing. No more holding back."

"Alright." He sighed, watching Paige get ready to leave him alone. He wanted to go with her and do anything he could to keep her at his side.

"Take care."

"Wait… Paige…" The girl turned around stunned and stared at the man in the cell who studied her for a minute. She was gorgeous, even when she was stressing out. Studying her from her toned legs, to her curved ass which led to her perfect hips, up to her washboard stomach, Justin felt nothing but desire.

His eyes paused on her full chest which he had got to see for a moment. He knew he'd see it all; he'd have her in the most intimate way and make her feel things no one else could. Finally he stared into the beautiful face that just looked at him with confusion. One day she'd look at him with desire… one day. Justin couldn't knock this one thought from his mind; Paige Harper was only meant for him, not for her asshole fiancée who was unworthy of her but for Justin fucking Timberlake.

"One day… you're going to be mine…remember that when you're with your little boyfriend tonight." Blue-green oculars stared at him with amusement. He was a cocky son a bitch who thought he knew everything; he was definitely crazy or delusional.

Obviously, Justin thought he could get anything he wanted and Paige was not about to give him an ego boost.  Paige let out a small laugh and shook her head before disappearing from his sight. She thought he was joking? Justin knew he was going to have to prove her wrong. He couldn't wait to get started.

**
 
 "What do you have so far, Harper?" The President of Cambridge Publishing Co. asked a nervous Paige. This wasn't her first visit with Dominic Katz, but the man managed to frighten the girl. It could have been his personality or maybe his mannerisms, but Paige still was shook up before, during and after she had to meet with him.
 
 "I interviewed Justin, Cameron Diaz and Justin's mother Lynn Harless." Paige squeaked. She handed him a file with all the information she acquired and sat back waiting to be praised; she might as well of held her breath.
 
 "All I see here is interviews. Where is the concrete evidence, Harper?"
 
 "I… I had trouble getting the case files…"
 
 "Is this job too difficult for you? Or maybe I should ask if you realize how much is at stake in this project?" Dominic Katz asked casually. "This is a multi-million dollar book deal, Ms. Harper. People all over the world are dying to read this book and you just seem to be sitting back and taking it as a joke."
 
 "Mr. Katz… I'm not… I…"
 
 The young reporter was really at a loss for words. Was she getting fired right now for interviewing people and not illegally obtaining documents? Paige stood numb, ready to break down crying. Her boss was an incredible asshole.
 
 "I would find someone else for the job, but I believe that you will straighten up after this conversation… won't you?" A glare was sent her way that chilled her to the bone. After nodding and taking a deep breath, Dominic Katz looked please. "Good. Now... take down this number… 917-555-1219. This is Lorena Velez… I have already spoken with her and she will get you everything you need… for a price of course."
 
 "A price?"
 
 "It won't be anything too expensive, just a couple of hundred here and there. You will be reimbursed so no need to worry."
 
 "Oh… okay." Paige nervously took the file out of Dominic Katz' hands and wanted to just leave that office as fast as her legs could take her.
 
  The truth was that her boss was terrifying her. He didn't realize that his was her first project out of college and that she hadn't asked for this opportunity. The truth was that Lynn Harless herself had chose Paige after reading a portfolio she had created. Paige couldn't turn down this chance and hoped that maybe after achieving the money and fame she craved, she would be able to write whatever she wanted to.
 
 "And Miss Harper… one more thing…"  

"Yes, Mr. Katz?" Paige turned around to look at the short man with thick framed glasses. He looked like someone straight out of the "Guess Who?" game. It almost made Paige giggle… almost. Fear was the main emotion she felt towards him.  

Brown oculars studied her for a moment in complete silence. Paige bit down on her bottom lip, praying for this awkward situation to end. It seemed that as the minutes ticked away on the old fashioned circular clock on the wall, the tension just grew.  

"Don't disappoint me again. This is your last chance. I don't care what you have to do, who you have to bribe or even who you have to sleep with, get me that story." 

Horrified, Paige stared at the evil man before her. Did he think that he was her pimp or something? Millions of responses went through her head as she stared at the filth before her. She knew that just a punch to the face would keep her content, but still she couldn't do it. This book would make her career and after it, she could probably write whatever she wanted.  

"Yes Sir." She hated herself for those words. Paige knew she was selling herself out and it was killing her inside, but it was all for her future. That's what she repeated to herself as she walked out of the office, almost in tears.

Jaded by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the wait guys... I hope you like the new chapter. Tell me what you think!

Chapter 5

 

                “You have the money?” Lorena Velez asked leaning against her white Mustang GT.

 

                Let’s backtrack a moment, Paige called Lorena as soon as she walked out of Dominic Katz’ office, mostly because she wanted to keep this opportunity and her only way to do it was to call this woman and set up a meeting place.

 

                The next day was their meeting and Paige was terrified of meeting this woman and what she was going to find out. It was quite possible that she was going to learn things that the media hadn’t even dreamed of. She had a feeling that she’d never be the same after she read the papers.

 

                “Yes…” Paige unintentionally squeaked and handed a plain white envelope to Lorena.

 

                Lorena, the 5 foot 3, brunette police officer opened the envelope and quickly counted her money. A smirk crossed her face as she finished counting the 5 thousand dollars. This was all too easy of an opportunity for her. Make 5 grand for exposing some crazed celebrity… how much easier could life be?

 

                “So… in all honesty… is this Timberlake dude really worth all this trouble? This case is over a year old…I think the public has lost interest.” Lorena stated with a shrug; Paige merely rolled her eyes.

 

                “I think all the teeny bopper girls who love him so much will be dying to read this. It’s a tell all featuring Justin himself…so I guess people might buy it to see what he has to say.”

 

                “Nice… I do feel bad for the kid though. Everyone’s capitalizing off his demise. Sucks for him.”

 

                “I agree… I wouldn’t be writing for this story if it wasn’t for the absolute need for the fame it will give me… not mention the ability to write whatever the hell I want later on.” Paige theorized forcing the warm thoughts of Justin from her mind.

 

She was not about to embarrass herself by declaring some stupid feelings for the fallen pop idol.  All of what she felt was the remnants of her teeny bopper days. She was not feeling anything for some rapist; and besides, she was engaged.

 

“I guess me and you have a lot in common…we both cash in on other peoples misery.” Lorena laughed and finally handed the file to Paige. “But we both do it for good reasons… I need the money to pay my boyfriends gambling debts.”

 

There was a silent understanding between the two girls. They both knew that they lived life for themselves and their families, not for what was morally right or wrong. No one gave a crap about them, so in the end it was up to them to be in charge of their destinies. The only person you can trust in this life is yourself.

 

“So um… can you find like… people? Birth certificates… any sort of record of existence?” Paige asked while Lorena rolled her eyes.

 

“Of course… but for a price.”

 

“No shit.” Paige answered. “… I need you to find me anything you can about Tommy or Thomas Ryan… according to Justin he disappeared but he could be a potential witness and aid in this case and book. It could help the both of us…”

 

“You’re trying to tell me that helping you could get me a raise?” Lorena Velez raised her eyebrow at the speculation from the girl before her. She could very well be right, if she worked with this Paige Harper she could gain a hell of a lot of money and respect. She could even get her boyfriend the help he needed.

 

Lorena loved her boyfriend dearly, but he just seemed to get himself in trouble a lot. He owed various debts to the mafia as well as loan sharks. Almost every cent of Lorena’s pay went to paying these debts off, but it seemed like it wasn’t enough; Jason spent all of his salary before he even earned it. Lorena knew she was being an enabler to Jason’s addiction, but in the end she had no idea of how to help him.

 

Maybe with more money she could send him to rehabilitation facility… maybe then they could finally marry and start the life they dreamed of. Maybe.

 

“It could… but I’m going to need more than just case files from you… I’m going to need anything and everything you can find on all the *N Sync members… and Justin’s family. I want the dirt on everyone.” Paige declared, leaning back against her own car with a smile.

 

This was making Paige sick; she was selling out Justin, the way that he had told her that so many other girls had done. If he only knew why… if he only understood what was at stake for her. Her life wasn’t easy like his; Paige was born rich but she was the overlooked youngest child. She never had a family… she never had real friends, and most importantly she never had real love. In the end she was probably as fucked up as he.

 

“I’m in… but like I said… for a price.”

 

“We’re in business… it’s time expose everyone and everything.” Paige grinned and got back in her car. “Get to work on Tommy Ryan… I’ll be in touch.”

 

Paige had never felt so badass in her life. It was like she was living some crazy dream where everything she thought she could ever want was happening. But did she really want to expose Justin in every aspect of his life? He could hate her for all of this…and that thought alone made her want to break down and cry.

 

But in the end… he didn’t care about her… in the end she only could trust herself.

 

**

 

                Pacing around the kitchen with her cordless phone in hand, Paige waited for the phone to be picked up by the party she was calling. The phone rang for what seemed like an eternity when in reality it was about 5 seconds. This was probably going to be one of the biggest interviews of the story and Paige knew that she couldn’t fuck up; that was probably what the most frightening part was. This interview and the information she was going to acquire could free or damage Justin.

 

                “Larry Rudolph.”

 

                “Mr. Rudolph, hello. I’m Paige Harper… I’m writing an official biography on Justin Timberlake and I was hoping I could arrange an interview with Britney.” Paige declared all in one breath. These interviews always made her nervous… that was probably a sign that she was not meant for this reporting lifestyle.

 

                She’d live her dream someday….

 

                “And how am I to be sure that you are not from the Inquirer or one of those tacky celebrity gossip blogs. The media has done enough harm to Miss Spears…”

 

                “I understand that you must get a lot of requests for interviews but I assure you that this is in fact legitimate.” Paige sighed, trying to quickly come up with a way to vouch her story. “Um… you could call Lynn Harless, Justin’s mother… she is the one who requested this book to be created.”

 

                “Well, Miss Harper, I’m sure you’ve heard but Britney is in a rehabilitation facility and this interview could be detrimental to her recovery.”  Larry responded; sounding like a typical lawyer. “I don’t think that would be fair to invade my client’s privacy during this very difficult time”

 

                “I understand that… but I won’t be asking about her current condition… only about her relationship with Justin and her opinion on his downfall.”

 

                Silence was what Paige was met with, and she suddenly felt infuriated. Had this bastard hung up on her?! “That unprofessional son of a bitch,” Paige thought, “It’s probably his fault that she’s in rehab anyway! He definitely overworked the poor girl.”

 

                “Hello? Mr. Rudolph?”

 

                “… Yes… I’ll run the idea by Britney and her family. I’ll be in touch.”

 

                It was crazy, there was something wrong with everyone on that damn Mickey Mouse Club. Justin and Britney’s problems were obvious, and Christina Aguilera was now a self proclaimed sex addict currently seeking treatment. Joshua Chasez had possibly set up his friend because of envy. The four former mouseketeers who were the most successful were also the most screwed up.

 

                They all had one thing in common. They were all exploited as children. “GOD! Aren’t there child labor laws for a reason?!” Paige mentally screamed.

 

                She was probably becoming too emotionally attached in this case. She was actually feeling for people that she didn’t even know. It was either that or she was hormonal because it was close to that time of the month.

 

                “Thank you, Mr. Rudolph…my number is…”

 

                Paige heard a click noise and looked down at her phone. This time the bastard actually had hung up on her! She was going to make a memo of that and make sure to add it in the book somewhere.

 

                “LARRY RUDOLPH IS A RUDE SON OF A BITCH.” Paige scribbled in big letters on her notes. A smile crossed her face; it gave her some sort of satisfaction, like he could see what she was writing about him.

 

                “Sweet pea?”

 

                A startled Paige looked up to see her fiancée walking through the door. She was surprised to see him, normally he came home at precisely 6:00; seeing that he was about two hours early shocked her. Ryan was not someone who tampered with routine.

 

                “Ryan… you’re home early…”

 

                “Yeah, I was promoted to Assistant Vice President today!” Ryan smiled and ran over to Paige, scooping her in his arms.

 

                All Paige could think of was one thing… this wasn’t like him. Ryan was not the type of man to show any type of emotion. In fact, he wasn’t at all the type to be romantic. Could Ryan actually be somewhat human?

 

                “Baby… I’m so happy for you…”

 

                “I’m one step closer to President of that Company…soon enough you won’t even have to work at all.”

 

                Hearing that phrase leave her fiancée’s lips scared Paige more than she ever thought possible. Paige never wanted to be a stay home mom or house wife, that wasn’t the type of person she was. She wanted to work, she wanted to be different from the women in her family; she wanted to have the best of both worlds. Paige vowed that she would never allow herself to become any man’s trophy wife, and now knowing that the man she was betrothed to intended that to be, made her want to run for the nearest exit.

 

                “Darling, our life is going to be perfect… you wait and see… we’re going to live the American dream.”

 

                “The American Dream certainly isn’t my dream…” Paige thought to herself, while still managing to smile on the outside. Never letting her true feelings show was something that she had managed to perfect. That was what Ryan wanted after all, a trophy wife to stay quiet and look pretty. 

 

                “Go get ready… we’re going out to eat. I already made reservations.” Ryan smiled and headed for the shower.

 

                Not knowing what else to say or how to fix the situation, Paige sat back and took orders. She walked into the bedroom to ready herself for dinner.

 

**

 

                “I have a feeling you’re going to like this restaurant.” Ryan smiled and pulled his car up to the valet. “It kind of fits the theme of your work.”

 

                Theme of her work? Could Ryan have actually taken her to somewhere, dare she think, that had nothing to do with HIS career or showing off? Did Ryan actually start listening to what Paige had to say?

 

                Blue-green eyes cast their gaze up toward the name of the restaurant. Chi. How familiar it sounded to her. She had heard of that restaurant. Something was tugging on Paige’s heart, this was Justin’s restaurant. This was where Justin had dumped the bodies of his two victims. Oh God.

 

                “Justin Timberlake’s restaurant.”

 

                “Yep… I thought it’d be cool… we could celebrate and you could take notes or whatever.” Ryan assisted Paige out of the passenger’s seat of the car and pulled her toward the entrance.

 

                Paige wasn’t sure if her nervousness was attributed to her being at Justin’s restaurant or if simply because Ryan was acting like a human being. The Cuban girl kept quiet as her fiancée dragged her through the Asian restaurant.

 

                The décor of the place screamed Justin; from the paint on the walls to the style of furniture, Justin was present in every fiber of that restaurant. Paige knew all this without even knowing the man that well, it was just so plainly him. He loved the finer things in life and that was evident; the rich colored wood and the red tones gave the establishment a refined yet gloomy look.

 

                That’s what Justin was… refined (somewhat) and also so unbelievably gloomy. His emotions seemed to over run him at points.

 

                “So are you happy?” Ryan asked as the two sat down at a table situated in the back of the restaurant.

 

                 “Happy?”

 

                “Yeah… with the place I picked. I know you have been going crazy with this story so I thought that this could be the right amount of inspiration for you.”

 

                It was sweet of him, that was for certain, but Paige still couldn’t get her mind off of Justin. The way he spoke to her and looked right through her, Justin was just so confident, it was something that she admired and strived to have for her own. To Paige, Justin had certain personally traits that she wanted and she felt insanely attracted to him.

 

                She down right wanted him, but she would never admit it.

 

                “That’s really nice of you Ry… thank you. I know my work has been stressful on the both of us but when it’s done it’ll be worth it.” Paige smiled, reaching her hand over and caressing her boyfriends. “I just can’t wait for the day that I’m at the top of the best sellers list.”

 

                “Yeah … great… but I bet it’ll feel even better when you don’t have to work.”

 

                “No… no no no! Say something. Open your mouth Writing is your fucking life… don’t screw it up!. YOU WANT TO WORK!” Her head screamed at her, but her mouth couldn’t let the words out. A forced smile was what Ryan was replied with.

 

                She was hating this… she was hating herself for not allowing herself to speak her mind.

 

 

One Shot by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:

Hey guys! Sorry the wait was so long... massive writers block for this story... but atleast i got it lol. So please review...

 

ALSO! Shameless plug... I'm writing a story with the awesome and talented Mariah... check it out and review...thanks guys! Under Rug Swept by Audette http://archive.whimsicalfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=335&ageconsent=ok&warning=4

 

Chapter 6

                Another day, another interview; that was quickly becoming Paige’s motto on life. Her life had become so increasingly busy, which she was grateful for though, that she had barely even seen Justin since their last encounter. She hated to admit it, but he had gotten under skin.

               

                Today was a different day though, she finally had a few hours to herself and she was going to dedicate her time to following JC Chasez. She was terrified of course, especially because of everything Justin had told her about JC and Lance’s alleged involvement.

 

                How could anyone be so cruel as to take away another persons freedom? To set up such a perfect crime as to lock them up forever.  That was just horrible. There was no way to even justify such a sick deed.

 

                Standing outside of the recording studio where JC was going to be working on his newest album, tentatively titled Kate, Paige watched JC pull up in front in his navy blue jaguar. Her mouth almost dropped as the gorgeous man stepped out of his car in what seemed like slow motion. Joshua Scott Chasez was a timeless handsome. Everything from the bright shade of blue that his eyes were, to the statuesque physique screamed

 

                “Park my car please… and be careful. If you scratch it you fix it.” JC stated coldly. Obviously, his cold attitude betrayed his warm and welcoming looks.

 

                “I-I… I’m not a parking attendant…” Paige said softly. Her eyes desperately wanted to meet the ground and look away from the man staring at her so intensely.

 

                “You want an autograph or a picture then?”

 

                “No no… I um… you see well…”

                “I really don’t have all day to wait here. Can you spit it out?”

 

                “I spoke to Johnny and he said it was okay if  I…”

 

                “I don’t have time to stand here and listen… just come to my house tonight. We’ll discuss whatever you want then.” JC smiled, passing his tongue over his lips quickly.

 

                There was something about him that was unlike anyone she had ever met in her life. A beautiful charm on the outside, but something different lurked on the inside. Possibly a vague inkling of who he really was could be seen in his eyes. He hid who he was from everyone around him, a faint glimmer of pain, betrayal, anger, but an undeniable need to be loved and desired.

 

                No wonder he could never stay out of the lime light for long.

 

                “Um… alright.” She replied wearily.

 

                All she could think about was that maybe Justin had been right all along. Could it be possible that JC was going to invite her over and then kill her because he didn’t want the truth of his involvement in Justin’s criminal acts to come out?

 

                Oh God.

 

                “How about 9ish?”

 

                “9 is good…yeah… I’ll be there… at your house….at 9.” She stumbled, causing him to look at her oddly.  So maybe she was making herself look like a complete ass, but Paige just couldn’t calm down. Not only was this man hot, he was stunning and asking her to his house.

 

                Looking at JC was almost like looking at Justin. There was a corrupted innocence that stared back at her; an image of a childhood that ended too quickly. Paige just wanted to embrace them both and run away at the same time.

 

                “Well…. Oookay then.” JC shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t be late. Oh… and bring a friend if you like. I think it’d be more fun that way.”

 

                “A friend?” Paige felt like she was starting to sound like a parrot.

 

                “Yeah… just make sure she’s a looker like you.”

 

                Stunned, Paige turned to look at JC who had already begun walking away. She couldn’t fathom what the man was talking about and why he wanted her to bring a friend. Confusion was all that she could feel at a moment like this.

 

                Should she stay or should she go? Would it bring about her demise? Maybe. There was only one person that could protect her. Lorena Velez. Calling Lorena would be the only way to get the truth and to save herself at the same time. In the meantime, she had to talk to Justin.

 

**

 

                It was the first time she saw Justin outside of his cell. Paige had stepped out of her freshly parked car, when she saw Justin walking around the prison yard. His hands were at his sides as he attempted to ignore the taunts from his other prison mates.

 

                “Can I cum a river on you pretty boy? Right on your rich little face?” One large man yelled, blowing a kiss towards Justin. The man sat with a group of friends and all hollered in laughter. It was a part of Justin’s daily life, dealing with the harassments and torments; it was almost his punishment for living such a cold and cruel life. For being so completely self absorbed, he lived a life where everyone was obsessed with him and his downfall.

 

                “What you think your too good for us, bitch?!”

 

                “HEY! Settle down or your free time will be cut short!” One of the guards screamed, instantly ending the situation.

 

                Paige stood by her car, watching the entire event unfold. She felt a mix of emotions for him, he had her sympathy but she could never actually understand what it was like to be the laughing stock of the world. She pitied him, she wanted to hug him and take away the pain… but was it his deserved punishment? Was it the curse that he had to endure for selling his soul?

 

                Before she even knew it, her feet were moving her towards the gate and she was peering at the constant melancholy demeanor of Justin Randall Timberlake. He stared down at his feet, shuffling along the yard. It was obvious that he was trying hard to ignore the taunts. Not being able to defend himself was definitely taking a toll on the little bit of sanity that he had left.

 

                “Paige?”

 

                Justin was face to face with Paige, she could feel his hot breath on her neck, tantalizing her senses and driving her almost to the brink. Everything she thought she knew or thought she felt was erased when she met Justin. Her supposed “love” for Ryan was put into question; this wasn’t the plan, Ryan was supposed to be a safe choice for her, not the destruction of her white picket fence fantasy.

 

                She wouldn’t throw that dream away. Not for anyone. As stupid as it sounded, Paige just wanted a security blanket for a husband, a companion that she didn’t ever have to feel any real love for.  

 

                “Oh… h-hey Justin...” A strand of loose hair that fell just over one of her blue-green eyes was quickly pushed behind her ear. Her entire persona screamed nervousness. It was steadily becoming her normal behavior around Justin. He just seemed to see right through her; with one gaze he saw her entire world and how slowly he was becoming the center of it.

 

                “I didn’t expect to see you today…”

 

                The shallow gate that separated them felt like it was two miles wide. Paige wanted so badly to reach out and touch him, to believe every word he said and prove his innocence. Definitely easier said than done.

 

                “Yeah well, I kind of have an interview with JC tonight and I’m afraid to go in blind sighted.” Paige said softly.  Justin gazed at the face that was most likely the envy of every girl she had ever met. She was delicate and beautiful; almost like a living porcelain doll. Purity, Grace, Elegance, that was everything and more that described Paige Harper, the girl that he was falling for but could never have.

 

                “You shouldn’t go… he’s dangerous…”

 

                “HEY! No speaking to the prisoners, young lady!”

 

                Paige wanted to scream, just about when Justin was finally going to open up to her there had to be an interruption. It wasn’t fair. She just wanted to know the truth.

 

                “I’m interviewing him… I need to speak to him, it’s urgent.”

               

                “Speaking to the prisoners should happen inside the facility in a controlled area. Do you realize how dangerous this man is, Miss?”

 

                Oh how true those words were. Being around Justin was dangerous for not only Paige’s physical well being but also for her heart. There was something about Justin; maybe it was how dangerous he was or how broken he was, but it made Paige’s heart break. Both he and JC were so tragically similar; the two could of helped each other if they both weren’t so incredibly lost.

 

                There was nothing else to blame but the fame. The lime light was both a blessing and a curse, it gave them money and the attention they craved, but it never lasted and eventually turned cruel. The rumors started, the lack of privacy and then finally silence. A bittersweet silence, the kind you either crave or despise.

 

                For JC it was despised and for Justin it was craved. Both with good reason.

 

                “I need to speak with Mr. Timberlake right now. Please let me in so I can talk with him. This is a very serious matter.”

 

                “Ma’am, visiting hours are not going on right now, you are going to have to leave or we will have to physically remove you from the grounds.”

 

                Paige’s eyes quickly fluttered back and forth from Justin to the giant guard who intently glared at Paige. She knew that if she even tried to fight back that she would be immediately taken down. It upset her so much, she just wanted to help and it seemed that everyone was against that simple prospect. It was almost like Justin was right; intentionally or not, everyone seemed to be against him in one way or another.

 

                “I’m sorry, Justin…I’ll be back tomorrow and I’ll tell you how it goes?” Paige tried to be hopeful and positive, even though her new dilemma with JC was slowly getting to her. Every possibility was playing out through her mind and slowly driving her crazy with both fear and anticipation to get it all over with fast.

 

                “Alright… but please… don’t give too much away.” Justin said sadly; his blue eyes clouded over in a way Paige had never seen before. There was honesty in his words; it made her question if it was there all along. “Don’t go alone… he’s worse than I am.”

 

                “I won-“

 

                “You need to leave now. You’ve said your goodbyes now get off the premises.”

 

                A sad smile was exchanged between the two. It was just more proof that it was better to lo- well have feelings and wonder about what could have been, then not do so at all. Turning around, the brunette knew she had to leave or she’d be in trouble, staring at Justin was almost addictive, as much as she hated to admit it.

 

                His pain was addictive, it added to his appeal, it made her want to know more of him. It made him attainable, so to speak; even though it was impossible to ever even be with him, it was just a nice dream. Someone who could understand her instead of just patronizing her. A real love.

 

                Atleast she could dream.

 

               

                **

 

                “So you’re going to go visit some has been boybander tonight? Why does that have to include me?” Lorena huffed, slamming the door shut to her charcoal gray Acura TL. Paige had pretty much begged her to accompany her in seeing JC.

 

                It could have been JC requesting someone else there, or most likely her absolute terror due to everything Justin had told her. Either way, Paige knew she’d be protected with an armed police officer at her side, even if it did cost her some money.

 

                “This guy is crazy as hell. I’m definitely not going into that house alone. Plus, you’re a cop so you could take him down if necessary.”

 

                Standing outside JC’s Hollywood Hills Mansion, the two women stared at the gorgeous home. Both girls were terrified; would JC actually be as crazy as Justin claimed? Would he try to kill them for trying to uncover the truth.

 

                “Thanks so much for including me on this…I totally appreciate it.” Lorena stated sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

 

                “Ugh… don’t worry, you won’t be complaining when you get your money…” Taking a deep breath, Paige braised herself for the worst. She hoped that thinking of all the horrible scenarios would keep her from being surprised. She hated to be surprised. Paige just always needed to know what was going to happen; suspense just wasn’t for her. “Alright… let’s get this over with.”

 

                Paige was the first to move, knowing that if she didn’t, she would blow this entire opportunity. If only things were as simple as we’d like them to be.

Come Clean by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:

another update... im on a roll lol. review pwease?

 

By the way... THIS IS NOT WHAT I THINK HAPPENED WITH THE GUYS!! lol i like to think they are all friends... and at the end of the day this is just a story i wrote to pass time. So don't get offended. K? thanks

Chapter 7 Come clean

 

            Walking up to the door was the easy part, knocking on it was another story. Paige stood frozen at the doorstep of JC Chasez’s home, wondering if this was a mistake. Justin had seemed very convincing when he warned her of the dangers that seeing JC would bring. It all was muddled in Paige’s brain, leaving her wondering if this was just a cover so Paige wouldn’t find out the truth. She wanted so badly to believe Justin, but logic pushed her away from fully acknowledging it.

 

            “Are you going to knock already?” Lorena huffed suddenly; Paige almost jumped out of her skin.

 

            “Yeah…”

 

            “Then stop standing their and knock or I’m going to.”

 

            Inhaling sharply, the young reporter pulled her hand into a fist and knocked on the door. Almost immediately, her arms wrapped around her lower torso, acting as a security blanket. She inwardly laughed at herself, how silly could she have been to think that would protect her from the man who was supposedly “the big bad wolf”. Well one of them at least. 

 

            Paige almost felt like she was Little Red Riding Hood sometimes, specifically at the times when she walked into the room where Justin was being held. He always made her so afraid, mostly because he saw right through her. It was so hard to keep herself locked up so tight when someone was constantly trying to prod at her.

 

            God, that was probably the exact way he felt.

 

            “Hey… you’re the chick from earlier right?” JC stared right at Paige, knocking her out of her pensive state. Slightly embarrassed from being caught spaced off, she offered a fake smile.

 

            “Y-yes… I’m Paige Harper… and this is Lorena Velez.” Paige motioned to Lorena who stood about a foot behind her.

 

            “Oh…. So you brought the friend like I asked? Great! Come on in. Let’s get to work.” JC stepped to the side, allowing Paige and Lorena to enter. Not shortly after did his hand come into contact with Paige’s ass, causing her to become frightened for the third time that night.

 

            Paige turned around and stared right at JC in absolutely shock. His hand was NOT touching her. Oh God. Justin really was right.

 

            “Excuse me, can you please remove your hand from me.” The reporter quietly spoke up, while JC complied, but seemingly made no facial response to the request. He merely went about heading to the bar which was conveniently located in his living room.

 

            His house was like a palace, something that you would see in the pages of Better Homes and Gardens. It was almost disgusting to see how beautiful he lived. Someone living alone did not need an 8 bedroom home.

 

            “He’s cracking out liquor? Oh boy…” Lorena whispered to Paige who nervously shrugged it off.

 

            Her mind was already racing with a million thoughts. She was mapping out each way she could exit the house, the doorways, the windows. Each way was a way to her freedom and if it was absolutely necessary she would fight for that undeniable right.

 

            “You ladies like Cristal right?” JC sauntered over to the couch, carrying a tray with 3 glasses and a bottle of champagne. Confused, Paige silently wondered if he gave every reporter Cristal. Nervously, she glanced over at Lorena who took the glass with a smile.

 

            Paige reasoned that if she didn’t seem nervous then why should she? Lorena was a cop after all and knew when a situation was to be feared. Taking her cue from Lorena would probably be the best bet in the end.

 

            “No thank you, I’m driving.”

 

            “Not even a little bit? Come on, Ma… it’ll relax you.”

 

            “I’m relaxed enough… but thanks.” Paige folded her hands in her lap, trying to gain her composure. She knew she was overreacting, the extent of the fear that she had was unnatural. JC could not hurt her, no matter what she knew.

 

            She was becoming so lost in what she wanted to be real.

 

            “Oh so you’re ready to go then?” A smirk grew on JC’s face. He stared at Paige like a cat hunting its prey, ready to pounce on her and devour her completely. A few seconds later, he finally struck.

 

            He squeezed onto the couch, right in between Paige and Lorena. His focus was mostly on Paige while Lorena greedily drank her Cristal. Lorena thought it as her reward for not running straight to the door.

 

            “Ready for what?” Paige looked up uncomfortably.

 

            “For this….” Warm lips crashed down upon Paige’s and before she knew it, he was kissing her. Dizzying her to an extent beyond reason. How was this happening, how was she kissing someone she barely knew when she was engaged to another man? When she was lusting over JC’s fucking ex band mate?

 

Falling practically on top of her, Paige struggled to get JC off her. As hot as he was, this was wrong no matter how right it felt. Paige was engaged and this was supposed to be a strictly business meeting, not to make out with him. His hand started to travel down her hips; she knew this had to stop while she still was able to think semi-clearly.

 

“WHAT THE HELL?! I came here for business! Not to be the fucking wingman!” Lorena’s high heels were clicking on JC’s beautiful parquet floor. This was Paige’s chance to stop this before it even started. 

 

“This is!!” Paige was finally out of JC’s grasp and now standing next to Lorena, looking slightly disheveled and shocked. “Mr. Chasez, this is highly inappropriate!”

 

“Highly inappropriate? I paid top fucking dollar for you two and I expect to be reimbursed!”

 

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Lorena crossed her arms and vaguely stared at JC Chasez who was looking angrily at the two of us.

 

‘Please God, tell me this isn’t happening.’ Paige thought to herself. She shrank behind Lorena, hoping for some kind of protection. If he hit her, that wouldn’t exactly be the proof she needed to free Justin, but in her own mind he would be vindicated.

 

“I’m talking about paying good money for my girls. I’ve never had a problem where girls grow a conscience, so why don’t YOU fucking tell ME what’s going on?!”

 

Silence. That was all Paige or Lorena were capable of reciprocating for JC’s comment. It was inconceivable, unbelievable that JC had in fact mistaken Paige and Lorena for two prostitutes. Paige a prostitute? She was quite the opposite.

 

“I came here to interview you for the biography I’m writing about Justin Timberlake.” Paige grew a little more daring; her hands were on her hips and her tone rose slightly higher. She no longer sounded like a startled mouse, which slightly shocked her. Was it possible that she was growing a backbone?

 

“Oh.”

 

“That’s all you’re going to say? No apology? Nothing?” Lorena hissed. “I’m very, very offended.”

 

            “I apologize… I really truly do… I just had no idea that anyone was going to be coming to interview me so soon. Please… have a seat.” His entire demeanor softened quickly. It was like another person had taken his place and the incredible asshole that was present before had disappeared.

 

            Was he really hiding who he was now because Paige’s true identity was revealed? Nothing was left to do but listen to what JC was saying and what he wasn’t.

 

            “You and Justin were great friends for a long time… correct?”

 

            “Yeah… over 10 years… and then one day… it just ended. I don’t know if it was fame that got to him, his new found success, or the lifestyle choices he was pertaining in. But Justin became a different person…” JC explained.

 

His hands were clasped together tightly and his beautiful blue eyes were glued to the floor. The brunette girl silently wondered what was going on in his mind. What was hurting him so much; was it guilt or possibly memories that were haunting him.

 

Paige doubted it was possible to get Justin and JC talking again. Healing the rift between them would probably ease a lot of the animosity, but the situation was so deep and obviously still ongoing. There was no need for someone to act as the referee between them; maybe they just did need to argue it out?

 

“How did he become a different person?”

 

“Justin always had a temper… even back on MMC he wouldn’t get his way and things would just turn gray. I don’t know… it just got progressively worse as the years went by and our fame skyrocketed.”

 

            “I’ve heard Justin had some anger issues.” Paige stated softly. “Was there any anger towards him when his solo success increased and yours did not?”

 

            For the first time since Paige had begun questioning JC about Justin, his head tilted upwards and he stared at Paige straight in the face. His face showed sadness, while his eyes betrayed that emotion and focused solely on anger.

 

            “My solo success was overshadowed because of the extent of his… how would you feel?” JC began softly. “The album I worked so hard on was barely promoted because my record label was too busy with Justin’s album, the sure shot *NSync member. Yes, it hurt me, and yes I was angry and bitter with Justin for a long time, but I still love him like he was my brother.”

 

            “I know he loves you too, JC. He’s just a lost soul right now… trying to find the right path in so much darkness. I’m not sure what happened just yet, but Justin needs support and guidance from everyone who loves him. Don’t harbor something that happened in the past…”

 

            “Easy for you to say… you weren’t told by your record label that your album was junk. That hurts, Paige.”

 

            “I’m sure it does… but how was that Justin’s fault?”

 

            “How wasn’t it Justin’s fault? He was the one that told the label to choose between him and I. He was the one that wanted to end the group. How was I not supposed to harbor anything towards him?” JC stood up suddenly from his chair and began to rummage through the closest desk drawer.

 

            The way he was moving was maddening. A silent rage in his actions perfectly described his general attitude. JC was angry at everyone, not only Justin. His way to vent his frustrations was to indulge in a lifestyle with an entourage he didn’t even care for.

 

            “When Justin offered to help me with my second solo album, I was psyched, not because I knew he’d give me a sure fire hit, but because he was my friend. Little did I know, he wanted my album to tank… so I could get kicked off of my label. What kind of fucking friend is that?”

 

            Lorena glanced over at Paige uneasily. This situation was getting extremely out of hand. JC was obviously still very upset with everything that happened; there was almost a glimmer of truth in Justin’s story due to JC’s break down. Paige wanted to know more, but she wasn’t sure if JC was ready to speak just yet.

 

            “Justin was just as lost, JC. I don’t understand why Justin would just do this out of the blue… Justin didn’t need more fame… he had enough. There has to be more of a reason.”

 

            “Justin’s a fucking asshole… is that reason enough? He can’t hold his temper, he can’t keep a friend, and he can’t keep a girlfriend… not that he deserves any of that.” JC turned around suddenly and dropped a piece of paper straight into Paige’s lap. “Take that, maybe it’ll give you a better impression of who Justin Timberlake really is.”

 

            Paige was unable to pick up the paper for fear of what it might contain. Would all her secret hopes of Justin as a nice guy be killed with one glance at this paper? A small sigh overtook her as she tightly clutched to the paper. She wouldn’t let go of it, even if her life depended on it.

 

            “This is all I can say for tonight… I’m sorry. You ladies know where the door is… please show yourselves out.”

 

            “Alright… thank you for your time.” Lorena was the first one up, immediately she grabbed Paige, wanting nothing more but to get into her car as quickly as possible.

 

These celebrities were all insane in one way or another. If it wasn’t drugs or drinking, it was sex or just plain insanity from the pressures of the lime light. JC obviously was suffering from one or all of these, according to Lorena’s thoughts.

 

“Goodbye JC… I’ll be in touch…” Paige stated softly.

 

The Cuban reporter knew that both JC and Justin had to come clean about everything that happened. In the end, it was all a matter of how she would get them to talk, because inevitably they would. They had to.

Separation by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:
oh wow... another update. lol i hope you like it guysss... reviews are much appreciated and loved. thanksss!! <33

Chapter 8- Separation

 

how can i bear this any longer
arms stretched out only to hold separation
take me away
I’m dying inside, emptied before you
take me into your arms
i will fight until the day when i will see
sight given to these blind eyes
when will i be taken from this life
take what is yours
you deserve more than my life- As I Lay Dying

                                     

            Through a small crack of the door in which his cell was, Justin was able to see out a small window. Moments like that were what kept him from strangling himself with the bed sheets. He could fall into a daze, remembering the perfection that was his life before everything was so quickly taken away from him.

 

            It was unfair that he was locked away when the people who really deserved to be banished were roaming the streets. Was everyone really that corrupted?

 

            Not everyone was. He couldn’t say that. Paige was the first person he’d met in a long time that was different. She wasn’t afraid to take a risk and actually believed in him. Justin wasn’t sure if it was all an act on her part, it could be that she wanted money out of the situation; but he desperately wanted to believe that she was good.

 

            She was the first genuine person he’d met in a long time. He didn’t want to change his perception of her; he just wanted her to prove to him what he had been hoping all along. Maybe it was just too much to ask in the end. That’s what happened with every relationship he was in, it ended because he wanted too much… expected too much.

 

            “Timberlake. What the fuck is this shit I’m hearing about your biography?”

 

            He knew that voice. Even when that voice was trying to be angry, it had this goofy tone to it. Justin could never take JC’s voice seriously, even when they were children. There was always something slightly nerdy about him, like when he thought it was okay to say things like “all you cats” or “hey mama how you doin.” It just didn’t work for him.

 

            Even so, he didn’t even need to explain more but quote the lyrics to “Space Cowboy”.

 

            “How about I ask what the fuck are you doing here?” Justin hadn’t been this angry in a long time, but seeing JC had triggered a series of emotions which couldn’t easily be sealed away.

 

            “You’re fucking snoop reporter came to my house. She’s fine as hell by the way.”

 

            “Stay away from her.” Justin glowered. If those bars hadn’t been separating the two men, a terrible fight would have ensued. Fists punching, tackling to the ground, improvisational weapons… the world would have definitely lost at least one great musician. Thank God for the bars.

 

            “She’s coming after me, man. She wants the story and maybe some other things…” JC smirked evilly as he stared at Justin. “Pagen, or whatever the fuck her name is, she’s an insanely good kisser.”

 

            Justin’s eyes narrowed and JC instinctively knew that he had touched on an extremely sore subject. The look in Justin’s eyes was evident when the reporter’s name was mentioned; he wanted her more than anything. This was all to easy, the cake topper of karma. Justin was in prison and now, JC would most definitely have the girl he wanted.

 

            “She’d never touch you.”

 

            “Yeah… just like Britney wouldn’t touch you.” JC rolled his eyes. “She was mine and you took her from me. An eye for an eye, Mr. JT.”

 

            “I never intentionally took Britney from you… shit happened JC… you know that.” Justin reasoned, slightly softening at the sound of Britney’s name. “We spent so much time together keeping up that fake relationship that it actually became real…”

 

            “And you knew how I felt about her, man. You knew that I was just waiting for the right time to make a move… and you fucked me over. Friends don’t pull that shit.”

 

            Silence was exchanged when the memory of what happened with Britney played through both of their minds. Both were so helplessly in love with the young, naïve girl, and both played a part in corrupting her and eventually driving her to madness.

 

            Love on both parts turned to manipulation, each running back to her with “stories” of what the other was saying or doing. Britney was pulled in two different directions, that one day, something gave and she broke. The innocent, southern girl was no more, and an oversexed, lost woman. Almost exactly like Justin and JC.

 

            “Should I fail to mention that she was happy with me and you had to go fuck that up by playing with her head?” Justin hissed. “Look at us all now, C? If you just would have kept out of it, me and Brit would have probably been married today. I would have been the father of her boys and you fucking ruined it.”

 

            Both were partially right because they each played a significant part in who Britney was today, a girl lost, with two children who needed her, but no one was there to help them. It was obvious that Britney hated both Justin and JC now and wanting nothing to do with them was putting it lightly.

 

            “Yeah… I’m so sure Justin. You’re a selfish fuck, and you know it. But I didn’t come here to argue… I came here to tell you that the gloves are off.”

 

            “Funny, I thought they were off when you framed me for murder.”

 

            “You have no proof of that Timberlake.” JC replied, glaring at Justin so intensely that it was obvious of the death wish he had for him. “Anyway, what kind of idiot is going to believe you? You’re already convicted for a murder in which there is proof against you. You’ve lost it all, Justin. Family, Friends, Career, Freedom, Sanity… now you’re going to accuse me of something ridiculous? In the end, you’re a miserable excuse for a human being and if you try and flap your mouth about this, it’ll back fire on you. Trust me on that.”

 

            Boiling with anger and an inability to do anything about it, Justin clutched onto the cell bars, wallowing in anger. He couldn’t speak and let JC know that Paige already knew the truth. He wouldn’t allow Paige to get hurt, he had to protect her. The entire reason for all of this was his own fault; he couldn’t let her become damaged. The feelings on his part were starting to become too extreme; Paige was intoxicating his thoughts, not just in a sexual sense anymore.

 

            “But until you crash and burn, I’ll get to know Pagen better. Hot little number… I’m this close to getting in her panties.” JC pulled his index and thumb a few centimeters apart and allowed a sly smile to creep on his face. “And now that I know your dying to… it’ll make it all the more sweeter.”

 

            “Stay away from, Paige… this is not a warning… it’s a promise. I’ll find my way out of here and rip you from limb to limb if you even think about touching her.” Justin’s grip tightened around the bars, his knuckles turning white from stress. His anger was evident and his resolve even more so.

 

            “Too late… I already hooked up with her and I know she wants more. But don’t worry man, I’ll give it to her good, the way you’ll never get to.”

 

            Rubbing salt into the wounds. JC was getting off on seeing Justin suffer. In JC’s mind, Justin did deserve to suffer; NSync was over because of Justin and so was his career. His mind raced with thoughts of revenge, ways to make Justin suffer for fucking up everything that was perfect to him. Britney, His career, his life… they were all destroyed.

 

            “I’ll kiss those perfect pink lips and ram my cock right in her-“

 

            That was all Justin needed to hear, his arm shot out from the bar opening, reaching out to grab JC and shut his mouth up for good. JC backed away quickly, a confident smirk residing on his face. For the first time, he had actually beaten Justin at his own game and it felt good.

 

            “SHUT YOUR MOUTH!”

 

            “Whatever Justin… you just continue to fall deeper into madness. I’ll be leaving now.” JC turned around and headed towards the exit. “Have fun rotting in jail.”

 

**

 

            Busily, Paige rummaged through her small messenger bag. She had typed up a transcript of her entire conversation with JC and it didn’t seem to add up with Justin’s story. Were the boys purposely keeping some big secret and where exactly did Lance fit into this extraordinary puzzle? This was just one big mess.

 

            What was even more confusing was the picture that JC had given her. A young looking Britney Spears sat in the middle of Justin and JC. It was an odd picture; both men seemed to be grasping at her, trying to snatch her away from the other. To the naked eye, it seemed like the two men were desperately trying to grapple for her attention.

 

            Wasn’t Justin the one that was with Britney? Not vice versa. The picture was vague, holding secrets of the past, ones that people were desperately trying to keep hidden. Growing more frustrated, Paige had no idea how to break down the barriers of silence. Why was it so difficult to get the truth out?

 

            “Hey Justin.” Paige called out, a smile adorning her face. As confused as she was about everything, she couldn’t allow Justin to see that.

 

            “Hello.” Justin replied grumpily. He hadn’t even bothered to look up at her. Usually, Justin would jump off his bed and taunt Paige with some sexual comment or tease her about something; today was different. Justin was different.

 

            There was an air about him today, some sort of anger which Paige had never seen before. Unsure of why exactly Justin was angry, she decided to press on the subject. What exactly could be the harm in doing that anyway?

 

            “What’s up with you today? Anything you want to talk about?”

 

            “No, but maybe there’s something you want to talk about.” Justin shot back, still continuing to stare up at the ceiling of his small cell.

 

            “Um… no.” Paige walked up to his cell, trying her best to get a better look at him and maybe a better look into what was going on. She couldn’t have done something to upset him; she hadn’t seen him in days. “Justin what is going on with you today?”

 

            “JC came to visit me. That’s all. It was very informative.”

 

            Questions filled the young woman’s mind. Why were these two men playing with her? Were they or weren’t they friends now? The story was growing more intricate with each interview she obtained. It was supposed to be her job to write the truth but she was getting to the point where the truth was just becoming more and more out of reach.

 

            Was this all being done purposely to harm her?

 

            “Informative?”

 

            “Yeah, he told me how you guys hooked up.” His blue eyes turned to meet Paige’s for the first time that late afternoon. She swallowed hard, knowing that she could be in a lot of trouble, not only with Justin, but also with her boss if this information were to get out. Losing her job was not an option; losing Justin’s trust was not either. It wasn’t only that she needed him to be cooperative, and in the back of her mind, she didn’t want him to hate her. A part of her actually felt something for him, something more than pity or attraction or fear; somewhere inside Paige, she actually liked him.

 

            “First of all, JC kissed me. Did he tell you that he thought I was a prostitute? I think that’s the best part of the story. What a gentleman.” Paige rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. “Might I add, it was only for a few seconds. I fought him off the entire time.”

 

            Stalking up from his bed, Justin walked right up to Paige, towering over her. His 6 foot 2 stature made Paige feel so tiny, standing barely at 5 foot 5; she looked up at Justin who was carefully examining her. His hand slowly made its way down her face, caressing her softly.

 

            “I should have known better. You wouldn’t do something like that.”

 

            “Um… yeah…” Paige was feeling extremely uncomfortable. His hand was on her, touching her the way a lover did.

 

Little by little, she was beginning to think that Justin believed her to be more than someone who was writing his biography and more than someone that he just desired sexually. Was Justin considering Paige his girlfriend or something?

 

Shrugging his hand away from her face, Paige began to back away from Justin slowly. This situation was too odd for her to comprehend. How was this professional relationship turning into something that was far from professional and now turning way too personal for Paige’s liking.

 

“Wait… where you going?” He had caught her; his hand was gripping her hip as he pulled her closer to him. Paige’s eyes widened as her body pressed against the cell. “I think if JC got a kiss… I deserve one too.”

 

“Justin! No! I’m engaged! Please let me go.”

 

“Please Paige, if your fiancé meant as much to you as you say he does, you would have never let me see your chest and you certainly would never come here with those tight little outfits. You get off on knowing that I want you.” Justin licked his lips, his other hand snaking its way up Paige’s shirt. “I’m pretty confident in saying, you want me just as bad as I want you. So why not give in?”

 

Paige couldn’t move, her body wouldn’t allow her. She was glued to the ground, seduced by his words. She did in fact want him, she did think about him more than she should and she hated it all.

 

His hand was now cupping her right breast and Justin’s lips were close to touching hers. Paige’s breath was coming out ragged because of her lust for him and most importantly her nervousness. This was wrong on so many levels. She was devoted to Ryan, she couldn’t hurt him like this.

 

“God… you feel so good…” Justin’s thumb was teasing her nipple, slowly working circles around it.

 

His eyes had been glued to his actions until finally, he moved forward slightly, moving his lips closer to Paige’s. A set of lips brushed against Paige’s, knocking her out of her daze, she couldn’t do this, as much as she wanted to, it couldn’t happen.

 

How could she have cheated on her fiancé with two insane men in less than a week? She had been faithful to him for years, never once before this time had she even looked at another man. Swallowing hard, Paige knew she had to be strong. Ryan loved her and these men didn’t. They just wanted to use her in the end.

 

“No… no!!” Paige writhed her way out of his grip and stumbled backwards. She couldn’t do this, not to Ryan and certainly not to herself. “Justin this can’t happen… in another place and time, maybe… if I was single and you were out of jail…but right now, the way things are… it can’t. It’s wrong..”

 

“How the fuck is it wrong?! You want me. I want you. It’s fucking simple!!”

 

“I’m not that kind of girl Justin! I don’t just go around having sex with people!” Paige covered her face with both her hands. She felt like she was going to break down and cry right there. How could he not understand that sex involved more than just a physical attraction, it was an emotional and mental connection to a person. If Paige were to sleep with him or let things go further than they were, she knew she’d lose it all. “You are a great guy Justin, and I really want to help you, but not like this.”

 

“Paige, I just want to…”

 

“NO! Justin just stop it!! I can’t help you if every time I come here you just start with all these sexual innuendos and now kissing and groping. You’re forcing me to find someone else to continue this biography. I really don’t want to do that Justin.”

 

“Don’t fucking bullshit me Paige. You come off with this mightier than thou attitude, you’re certainly not. So I did drugs, so I drank and fucked around, that doesn’t mean you’re better than me, you’re worse because you don’t give into your urges. You deny yourself happiness.” Justin continued with a smug grin. He wanted his words to pierce her, and affect her for the rest of the day. He was definitely getting his wish. “You’re going to be mine Paige, I’m going to get out of this cell and I’m going to show you things you never even imagined, take you places you’ve never dreamed and most importantly make you feel things that your moronic fiancé or JC has never and will never be able to. In time, things are going to be very different, I promise you that.”

 

Turning around on her heel, Paige just up and left without even getting the interview with Justin she originally came for. Justin on the other hand, sat down on his bed and hoped that his words to Paige wouldn’t have a completely negative affect.

 

 

Spaced by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:
okay im back lol hope you guys like it!! and i completely love how i portrayed trace's character. i know he's not like that but still lmao.

Chapter 9

 

"Recurring messages of badness
Recurring living bad dreams at the vortex of lost souls
Wailing lost souls of shame
We are in one hole
Like a cup of mercury phosphate
Brrr
Shuddering around
Taste my shit you wench
Lifting, wailing lost souls who stand a chance
Hot, my eyes darkly gaze and wonder
Do not enter"
- "Spaced" by the Smashing Pumpkins


 

 

Paige sat silently in her seat, hoping that the plane would quickly take off, hurrying her of to her destination. She’d always been afraid of planes, something about someone else having control over her life irked her. Being so helpless, so high up in the air was not how she wanted to die.

 

Closing her eyes, she slumped back in her chair, trying to eliminate the thoughts of catastrophe from her mind. In the chaotic state her mind was in, she just needed a few moments of peace to distract her from everything. It was enough having Justin to deal with but now JC was coming into her life and shaking everything up. Slowly, it was just becoming too much for her to handle. Paige feared that the added stress would drive her to the edge.

 

Who was telling the truth? What was real? So many questions were dizzying her, forcing her to fall deeper into oblivion. In the end, she wanted to believe Justin, but there was so much proof against him, so much testimony which pointed towards him as the bad guy.

 

Was he or wasn’t he? That question seemed to be taking over her entire life. Maybe he actually was taking over her entire life. She tried to force the thoughts from her mind and focus on some sort of positive. In the end though, she only had her work to keep her sane. It was probably all for the best, less distractions and more time for me to focus and inevitably find some sort of happiness besides work.

 

Closing her eyes and sipping on her glass of white zinfandel, she reflected on what occurred before she set foot on the airplane. The conversation that was a major turning point in her life.

 

**

 

“How are you just picking up and leaving?” Ryan paced across the room. He was never one to show any emotions, but now at the thought of Paige taking a trip for work, he was slowly showing signs of irritation. “You don’t even need to do this book, Paige. I have the money to take care of us both. Just quit.”

 

Paige sat still on the recliner, allowing Ryan’s words to penetrate her. She knew that it was only a matter of time before he’d tell her to give up her job. Tears threatened to roll down her face but she held them back. Crying would only make her look like a child that Ryan wanted to treat her as. She was an adult woman and this was her life to live, not his to dictate for her.

 

“I enjoy writing, Ryan. I like doing this work.” She barely managed to squeak out. Her voice threatened to crack, as she sat quietly, beginning to slightly tremble. Paige wanted a family, but she didn’t want to give up her career to obtain it?

 

“But it’s dangerous. Don’t you see how this fucking story is corrupting your life? Everything you wanted was pushed aside and you’re only focus is on the story and Justin Timberlake. You’re obsessed.” Ryan’s movements led him to stand directly in front of Paige, staring at her straight in the eyes. He desperately was trying to get through to her, but it seemed like the more he spoke, the more distance grew. “Paige, this isn’t healthy for you.”

           

            “Maybe everything you think I want really isn’t the truth.” Her words came out so freely, she hadn’t meant to be so brutally honest. The tension of the moment just proved that the words she so secretly wanted to blurt out for so long held nothing but the truth. “Maybe you don’t bother to listen to anything I want?! You’re so involved in your perfect life that you don’t realize that I love writing more than anything and I want to continue with it!”

 

            Ryan stared dumbfounded at his fiancé. These words that were coming out of her mouth had never occurred to him. He loved Paige, how could he have been so blind towards her feelings? He had only wanted the best; maybe the best wasn’t something they both agreed on.

 

            “So what are you saying is that you’ve been unhappy for a while now and instead of being mature about it and talking to me, you kept it to yourself. That’s not how problems are solved!”

 

            “You’ve got one thing right Ryan, I’m immature. I’m twenty fucking two years old, I’m not supposed to know how to react in every situation, but my silence should go to show you that I put YOUR happiness before my own. I can’t do that anymore.” Paige covered her face with her hands. Her stomach was in knots, mostly because she knew that this argument wasn’t going to end in a positive way. Deep down inside, she didn’t want it to.

 

            This wasn’t how she wanted things to be, but she couldn’t live a lie anymore. As much as her happily ever after meant to her, it wasn’t worth giving up her childhood dream. Her happily ever after included writing and nothing less. Why was this so hard?

 

            “Alright then Paige, tell me, what do you want?” Ryan took a seat so he was at eye level with the brunette woman. She had been refusing to meet his gaze until now, when she was forced with no alternative.

 

            “I… I think that maybe we should…”

 

Holding her breath, she prayed for the courage to speak the words that she longed to say. Her freedom was right around the corner, it was just a matter of how she was going to go about getting it. After all, she wasn’t a heartless bitch, she did love Ryan in some way, but pure love wasn’t enough to get through life.

 

           

 

Taking a deep breath Paige spoke the line that would forever change her life. “… maybe we just need some time apart.”

 

**

 

            She had replayed what happened with Ryan countless times, trying to come to terms with what happened. Nothing had been set in stone for the couple, but Ryan was moving his belongings out of the apartment they once shared. It was just breathing room for Paige, something she truly needed.

 

            Standing out the window of her taxi, Paige knew she probably wouldn’t get a chance to enjoy the beauty that beheld Chicago. This business trip was for one purpose only, to meet and interview Juan “Trace” Ayala. What she would find out, Paige wasn’t certain, but she hoped that maybe his testimony would be reasonable.

 

            Obviously it was just wishful thinking in the end. Someone who was in a mental institution probably couldn’t reason. Whatever the case, she had to follow up on Justin’s testimony; it was the only way she could find out if he had been telling the truth all along.

 

            The thoughts were overwhelming her; desperately Paige tried to take her mind off things, trying to find some solace in the empty moment. Every song she listened to brought her back to memories of her innumerable stresses. Would she live up to everyone’s expectations or just fail?

 

            She just wanted to live up to her own expectations. Why couldn’t life just be that simple?

 

            “Excuse me… Miss?” The taxi driver had been waiting stopped the car for sometime, Paige had been oblivious to it all. She silently vowed that when this was all over, she was heading to an island for as long as it took her to relax.

 

            “Oh… I’m sorry.” She half smiled at the man and handed him a few crumbled up bills and quietly exited the automobile.

 

            She had to gather up her bearings before she could enter the facility. Her heart was racing at the thought of her slight belief in Justin to have been meaningless. Her warped mind couldn’t handle anymore lies and betrayals. Once and for all, the truth had to come out for all affected to know.

 

            “Breathe in… breathe out.” Paige instructed herself. She didn’t smoke but she suddenly craved a cigarette. The toxic smoke would definitely calm her nerves, sending a rush of nicotine straight to her brain.

 

            A rush, that’s what she needed to get through with the next couple of weeks. So much tension was building. First, it was the messed up on goings with Justin, who was going to stop at nothing to get her. Maybe Paige didn’t want him to stop, but that wasn’t the main problem at hand. Secondly, she was feeling lost about what exactly she was doing. No one seemed to be telling her that she was doing anything right. There was just no direction for her, she had been tossed into a different world than what she was used to. It was beyond frightening.

 

            The worst part of all was that nothing seemed to add up. The stories were muddled, making Paige unable to see the truth. It could have been possible that her personal feelings were getting in the way, not allowing her to see what was real. She just knew she was as lost as ever.

 

            “I’m here to see Mr. Ayala.” She hadn’t even realized that she was at the front desk, staring at the security guard intently. Paige was just more certain that she was going to be committed after this story was written. How could she just be so robotic in her actions?

 

            “Okay, you’re just going to need to show me some identification and sign this book.” The older security guard smiled warmly at the young woman. “After that you can head down the hall to your left, and go right into the Nurses Station. They’ll be able to take you directly to him.”

 

            Paige sent a nervous smile to the security guard and walked away. To say the least, this was going to be very interesting.

 

**

 

            Tapping her fingers against the white table, Paige waited for Trace to come into the visiting room. Her eyes slightly drooped due to how horribly jet lagged she was. The wine she had drank wasn’t helping to keep her awake either. Letting out a sigh, she knew that this was going to be a long interview process.

 

            “Who the fuck is this bitch? Why the fuck do I have to talk to her? Is anyone fucking listening to me?!”

 

            She looked up and stared right at the short man entering the room with two male attendants at his side. Trace stared menacingly at the two men who said nothing in return to him. Smugly they turned and left Trace in the room, which in turn led him to scream and kick a nearby chair across the room.

 

            “Oh my God… Is everyone somehow related to Hollywood fucking crazy?” Paige thought, shaking her head slightly at the on goings before her. Everyone she was coming in contact lately was fucked up in some way. Hopefully it wouldn’t rub off on her.

 

            “Bitch what are you looking at?!” The 5’6” man yelled at Paige suddenly. “Tell me who the FUCK you are right NOW!”

 

            “I’m Paige Harper… I’m writing Justin’s biography… I ju-“

 

            “SHUT UP! I’m not doing any fucking press until I’m promised that I can get the fuck out of here!”

 

            Wanting to laugh at the almost exact portrayal of Jay from Jay and Silent Bob, Paige desperately tried to wipe the smile off her face. It was really not good to make a crazy man angry, that was hard to do, especially when she was picturing Justin dressed up like Silent Bob.

 

            “Trace… I don’t know if that can be done…”

 

            “Listen pumpkin tits, anything can be done. You find a fucking way to make it happen. Get different doctors here that aren’t being bought. God, you probably don’t even know what the FUCK I’m talking about.” Trace covered his face with his hands. “Just add another paranoia check to the list of the shit they’re accusing me of.”

 

            “So it’s true then… JC and Lance are making you seem like you’re crazy?”

 

            “Uh no shit. Do I really seem like I’m crazy to you?”

 

            Again, she tried not to laugh and scream out YES. God, all these people really could have fooled her in the lack of sanity department. Paige just shook her head no, doing her best to keep her composer. Now for the hard part of it all, how exactly could she get Trace out of this Mental Health facility? Biting her lip nervously at the thought, Paige tried to think of a way to change his mind.

 

            “Trace… I really don’t know if it’s possible for me to get you out of here. I’ve checked your record and it seems like there is a lot of testimony that proves that you aren’t well…”

 

            “That’s where you come in. You find a random doctor and you privately have him fucking check me out. If there’s a shadow of a doubt they can’t fucking keep me in here… Okay?! So fucking get out of here and get to work!”

 

            Paige was so fucked.

Run Baby Run by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:
HEY! An update! lol sorry about the wait... i came down with a bit of writers block for this story but I think I managed to break through it. This chapter is a little bit of a necessary filler... but I hope you all like it.

Chapter 10 –Run Baby Run

Life can be so cruel
Don't it astound you?
So when nothing seems too certain or safe
Let it burn through you
You can keep it pure on the inside
And you know what you believe to be right
So you're not gonna crack

 

            “Dad… you need to help me out.” Paige was curled up in a chair, clad in fuzzy pajama pants. It seemed almost impossible for her to relax after such a long and hectic week, let alone day.

 

            The stress of work and her personal life was making her down time not the least bit enjoyable. Instead she obsessed about her work and tried to push her own problems to the side. It was a defense mechanism that was quickly blowing up in her face. The Ryan situation, for example, was Paige ignoring the situation which turned into a big mess.

 

            Then again, Paige did these things even when she wasn’t stressed with work. She ignored her problems and emotions, putting them aside for the benefit of everyone else. It could be possible that she was purposely pushing things to the side. Trying to pretend everything was alright when inside she was screaming for some sort of change.

 

            Change hunted her down and forced itself upon her.

 

            “Paige, don’t you dare tell me you’re in jail or something.” Her father spoke in a hushed tone. Paige couldn’t help but to roll her eyes at her father’s words.

 

            Although the words provoked images of Paige and Justin alone in a jail cell together. She wouldn’t be able to protest or run away if she was locked in that small room. Paige would have to give into him, and she’d want to. God, she didn’t want to admit to anyone how bad she wanted him and how bad she wanted to feel those lips touching her body.

 

            It could never happen though. Paige knew that she would have to be insane to let someone like Justin Timberlake into her pants. Besides all of the above he was way too cocky, he didn’t deserve to get everything he wanted so badly.

 

            “Seriously Dad, you should know me better than that.” Paige rolled her eyes and glanced down at her nails which were in desperate need of a manicure. She had bitten them down to the point where they actually hurt her. The funny thing was that she hadn’t even realized what she was doing until it was done. “I just wanted to know if you knew of a good psychiatrist.”

 

            Paige’s father happened to be a plastic surgeon to the stars. He was well known in the medical field and highly respected. If there was anyone that knew a competent doctor that could evaluate Trace Ayala, it would be Paige’s father.

 

            “Why? Do you need to talk to someone?” Her father began what was to be a very long and heavy lecture. Richard Harper wanted the best for his daughter, but like any parent, he managed to go overboard when getting his point across. In the end, he was just worried about his only child and prying into her life just came along with that. “I called Ryan and I heard about everything that happened with you two. Paige, I really don’t think what you’re doing is the best decision, you need to talk things through instead of acting on a whim.”

 

            The brunette woman wanted to scream. Everyone had to put their two cent’s in on her life and she was growing tired of it. All her life she had been controlled and now when she was finally able to move forward the way she wanted, people were trying to hold her back. It wasn’t about her career anymore; it was about what Paige wanted to do in order to find some sort of happiness.

 

            “…You really should call him, Paige. He’s sounded like an absolute wreck.”

 

            Paige thought carefully before she responded to her Father. She wasn’t raised to answer back, but this situation was quite different. “Dad, does it matter to you that I wasn’t happy anymore?”

 

            “Of course it matters to me, baby. That’s why I’m concerned; I don’t think you’re making the right choice here.”

 

            “No disrespect to you, Dad, but shouldn’t I be the one to decide what’s best for me?” Paige’s response came quickly and honestly. She wasn’t a child that could be bossed around, she was an adult and she needed to be treated that way. “I haven’t been happy with him for a long time and I just needed my space. That’s perfectly understandable, isn’t it?”

 

            “Of course it is, I’m just concerned that you’re acting irrationally. Ryan told me that you’ve become obsessive with your writing.”

 

            Oh how she wished Ryan was in front of her so she could wring his neck. He had no right to assume that she was obsessed; she was just committed to doing a good job. Paige would bet money that if she was male and this committed to her career, she would be praised. Why did her own gender have to be used against her in such an ignorant way?

 

            The bottom line was that she was sick of being controlled and told that what she was doing was wrong. Happiness is supposed to be what you want, not what people try to impose on you. Paige stood up from her seat and began to pace around the room. When she was thinking too hard she tended to mentally and physically tire herself out.

 

            “So what I’m spending time doing work that I love? What if Mom would have told you that spending so much time working at the hospital was obsessive?” Paige said defensively. “I think I’m old enough to make my own decisions in what is good for my life, and if you can’t handle that, I’m very sorry. It might even be best if we don’t speak anymore.”

 

            Paige was responded with silence. She rolled her eyes at the assumptions her father was making. Could he be any more ridiculous? Maybe Paige was being ridiculous as well, but he had no right to try and force her into something she didn’t want. Now was the time for her to grow a back bone.

 

            “Paige, sweetie, I’m not trying to control you. I’m just looking out for you. Live your life whatever way you want but don’t live it knowing you could have regrets later on.” Richard Harper spoke in a comforting tone; Paige couldn’t help but to notice how much it sounded like he was speaking to a child. She loved her father, but certain things were intolerable. Blatant sexism angered her to no end.

 

            “I think I’d have regrets if I continued with something that made me unhappy.” She shot back quickly, gripping the cell phone tightly in her tiny hand. “I’m old enough to make my own decisions, so just stay out of my life.”

 

            “I’m your father I can’t stay out of your life. If you feel it necessary to block me out, then fine. It just proves how childish you actually are.”

 

            Stopping dead in her tracks, a sense of shock washed over her. He’d called her childish? Well then what did that make him? Someone who was living in the 1920s?  It was so difficult for her to hold her tongue when she wanted to rant and rave at her Father’s words. Still, she was raised to have respect, so Paige was forced to keep quite once again.

 

            She hated every moment of this.

 

            “Dad, I called to ask you about the name of a psychiatrist. I need it for something with my work. It has absolutely nothing to do with my personal life. Now are you going to help me or am I going to have to hang up to avoid wasting my cell phone minutes?”

 

            “Fine, if you want to shut your fiancé out, go right ahead. Does hearing that make you happy?” He responded to his daughter coldly. Paige just said nothing to show how serious she was about severing ties. “So you need a psychiatrist for that Timber fellow?”

 

            “It has something to do with that but I can’t give much detail. I’m just asking for trust. Can you do that for me?”

 

            Richard answered her question almost immediately. “Yes, I can.”

 

            “Good… email me the information about the doctor. This really does mean a lot to me.”

 

            Paige ended the call with an exchange of “I love you’s” and a stern warning to be careful. Paige inwardly prayed that this would be the beginning of many changes for her. Maybe now she would finally be able to live her life the way she’d always dreamed. But when are our dreams anything like reality?

 

**

 

            Paige nervously waited as Trace’s psychological evaluation was being completed by Dr. Michael Bennington. The doctor was slightly arrogant, not liking the idea of evaluating a person involved in such a high profile legal battle. Paige didn’t completely blame him for being weary, she herself was still nervous about the idea of dealing with men who could do horrible things to her.

 

            It was funny how they actually did torture her, Justin more specifically. He was constantly in her thoughts, whether it was trying to figure him out or working on something that involved him. He haunted her.

 

            “Miss Harper?”

 

            Paige looked up and locked gazes with Dr. Bennington. “Yes, Doctor? Is the examination completed already?”

 

This was the make or break point in the case. This was the fork in the road that would tell her if Justin was lying or not. Crossing her fingers at her sides, Paige stared at the doctor with mute fascination. Her stomach was turning with anxiousness; she tried to ignore the feeling but it only made her curiosity grow.

 

Why the hell did she have to root for Justin? Why couldn’t she be bias to the situation? Paige would have ripped out her hair, strand by strand, instead of having to feel so much. Emotions were way too complicated for her liking.

 

“Yes it is. Mr. Ayala seems to have some underlying issues, most I think stem from his perception of himself. He has extremely poor self esteem to put it mildly.” The Psychologist spoke calmly. Paige just wished he would get to the point already. “I don’t believe he is a danger to himself or anyone around him. Aside from being vulgar, he seems perfectly capable to live in the world on his own accord.”

 

“So you think he should be released from this facility?” A smile played on Paige’s lips. This was her first step in triumph. With Trace being released, he could finally give the evidence she needed in releasing Justin.

 

Her career was going to skyrocket from here. It was going to be absolutely perfect from here on.

 

“Yes, as soon as possible.”

 

She turned her eyes away from the Doctor and ultimately towards the window of the room Trace was being held in. The man sat sadly at a table, unsure if he’d ever see the outside world again. Paige was about to give him that freedom.

 

Would Justin thank her for this? Would he put her up on a higher pedestal? She wanted that so badly, but it was so confusing. He was a sex crazed idiot but still she desired him. Justin was perfect to her and it literally drove her crazy. Having thoughts about someone so arrogant was making her wish she didn’t even have these thoughts. Maybe crazy thoughts are necessary. Important to have because they truly depict who we are. No facades, just the purest thoughts that we hide from the world.

 

Being so completely stripped down made her feel vulnerable. When dealing with someone like Justin, it was completely ideal for a person to try and now feel anything involving fuzzy feelings. The biggest mistake she could have made was letting Justin get under her skin.

 

“Great… I’ll go about preparing the paper work and his flight back to Los Angeles. Thank you again Doctor.” Paige shook her Dr. Bennington’s hand with a bright smile. She’d actually done something right, her boss Mr. Katz was going to have to kiss her feet for this.

 

“No problem, Paige sweetie. You’re father is a great friend and colleague of mine. Helping him out is an honor.” The Doctor said in a careful tone, she knew at that moment that her had opened his mouth about her supposed “problems”. “He loves you very much.”

 

“I know.” Paige smiled sadly. This wasn’t a conversation she wanted to be having, especially with a total stranger. “Thanks again for everything. I need to be going.”

 

A quick handshake led to Paige exiting the room quickly. Once again, she ran from her problems instead of confronting them head on. Maybe she was the one with the problem.

 

 

Don't Look Back by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:
A year and a half later and I suck. I'm sorry! Writer's block hit me so bad, I wasn't sure that I'd be able to finish this story, but I'm reinspired and ready to go. :)

Chapter 11- “Don’t Look Back”

 

            It was the first time Paige was going to see Justin since their last damaging meeting. She was definitely upset about the situation. Justin was just so adamant about having her and although she did find him attractive, she knew they could just never be. He was a danger to her. He was a danger to everyone around him.

 

            Paige knew that she could not let Justin know that her relationship with Ryan was over. It would just give him more incentive to come after her. Paige didn’t want that drama from neither Justin or JC. She just wanted peace and to finally live her life the way she wanted to. For once she wanted to be in charge of her own destiny.            

 

            She quietly walked with Trace down the familiar hallway to Justin’s prison cell. There were points when Paige was sure that she might just turn around and run down the hallway. This all just felt like a bad idea for her. She wasn’t sure if seeing Justin again would deter her against him or simply pull her closer. The little common sense she had told her that she needed to stay professional, but it was beginning to get too hard.

 

            “What the fuck is taking you so long? Hurry up! I want to see my friend!” Trace stated from half way down the hall. Paige hadn’t realized that she was frozen in her tracks.

 

            “Sorry,” She mumbled and began walking forward. Soon the two were outside of the meeting room. This would be the first time that Paige would see Justin without a metal barrier blocking them from interaction. It was safe to say that she was terrified of his pursuits.

 

            She was scared that she might actually give in.  

 

            Paige gave herself a mental peptalk as she walked down the seemingly endless hallway. She told herself that she could see Justin without being effected emotionally. She could interview him and Trace while distancing herself. She just had to. This was her career. She had to be professional.

 

Trace pushed at the heavy metal door and walked in without a second thought. Paige trailed behind uncertainly. Justin was sitting at a table, hand cuffed and heavily guarded, but still a danger to Paige and her entire world. She swallowed hard as his eyes locked on her. There was always something about the way that Justin looked at her that made her feel naked. She could have been wearing a turtleneck sweater and sweats and she’d feel like she was dressed like a hooker on 42nd street.

 

“I can’t believe you actually pulled this off…” Justin’s lips turned up into a smile. It looked like tears were glittering in his eyes. Was Justin actually showing emotion? Could that be some sort of breakthrough for him? Paige hoped it was true. She hoped that just maybe, Justin was becoming human again. Maybe he was getting past the seductions and destructions of celebrity. Maybe Paige would get to see a glimpse of the real Justin, the boy he was before fame corrupted him.

 

Trace and Justin slapped hands and then hugged. Paige wasn’t expecting to see that strong emotion coming from either of those men. They seemed too macho and that testosterone pumped through their veins instead of blood. It was a touching sight to see Trace embracing Justin, and Justin patting his back lightly.

 

“I told you that you could trust me,” She said quietly. Her brown tresses were pushed behind her ear shyly. Justin separated from Trace and looked over at Paige. There was something more than the usual lust and amazement in his eyes. This time there was gratitude and most importantly, respect.

 

“I can’t ever express how thankful I am Paige…” Justin reached out to touch her. His hand extended slowly and gracefully and she froze. Her eyes were glued to his hand and the sudden unexplainable urge for his contact.

 

“And you never have to,” Paige backed away from the two men. She had to cut herself off now. She had to walk away before Justin was humanized any further. If she walked away, she could fight any feeling she might be starting to develop. Space would lead her to be stronger. God only knew how much strength Paige would need to keep herself from getting too involved. “So I’m going to let you guys catch up… um I’ll be back in a few.”

 

This hadn’t been part of Paige’s plan, but she had to go before she lost her sanity. Part of her knew that she was being a bit dramatic and normally she would have laughed at herself and gotten past it. This time, she couldn’t do that. She was too involved. The idea fluttered through her mind that maybe her father and Ryan had been correct; maybe she was just becoming too obsessed with Justin Timberlake and his dilemma.

 

No. That couldn’t be it. She wouldn’t let either of them be right. She just needed a breather. A chance to get away so she could pull herself together and turn her emotions off. That was the only explanation she was willing to accept.

 

“Wait! Don’t go…”

 

It was so hard to resist the temptation. Paige wanted to stay. She wanted to believe the best in Justin. She would have given anything to be in a different position, to know him under normal circumstances. But this wasn’t normal. Nothing with Paige and Justin would ever be.

 

“I’m sorry, work calls,” She forced a smile, not quite making eye contact with Justin. “I’ll be back soon.”

 

Justin continued to protest but Paige barely heard him. She was soon in the hallway, her back pressed against the wall. She sucked the air into her lungs greedily as she fought to calm herself. She wondered if she could ask a random person to slap her across the face. Of course, she’d look insane but that would actually help her to get a grip on herself.

 

The young woman repeated to herself that what she was feeling for Justin was just lust. It had to be. Her hormones were out of whack, she was upset about her breakup with Ryan, it was almost that time of the month. The various excuses flooded her mind. One or all of them had to fit. Lust was the only emotion that could be tolerable.

 

“Paige…” The sound of her name startled her. She was unwillingly knocked out of her trance, only to come face to face with JC. Her throat closed up as she saw him watching her with a perplexed look on his face.

 

What the hell was he even doing here? He and Justin were supposed to be enemies. Paige felt a migraine coming on. She was so confused, so unsure of what was happening. These two men were either both crazy or very good liars; hell, or maybe both applied to them.

 

“What are you doing here?” Paige asked, her voice barely audible. This was another bout of nervousness for Paige. JC wasn’t supposed to be near Justin, let alone know anything that had been going on. If Justin’s story were true, Paige would imagine that JC would be infuriated that Trace was out of mental care. This could destroy everything she’d worked hard for.

 

“I came to talk to Justin…” JC’s bright blue eyes burned a hole into Paige. “I didn’t realize you were with him… I could come back.”

 

“No no… we’re not… I mean, uh I was just leaving…” She had to think quickly and come up with something that would take JC off the premises. “I actually wanted to speak with you again… do you think you’d be up to that?”

 

JC’s mouth curved into a shockingly angelic smile, “Sure! I’m free right now actually. Are you up to grabbing some lunch?”

 

Relief washed over her. Paige would do anything to get away from this place and from Justin, not only that but she would keep Trace safe in the process. With a nod of her head, Paige walked side by side with JC. The brunette girl wondered if this could be considered a betrayal.

 

She forced herself to think otherwise. She wasn’t committed to Justin or his side of the story. The only thing Paige was supposed to do was find out the truth. If it incriminated Justin, then so be it. She needed to further her career by any means necessary. Her thoughts flickered to what her boss, Mr. Katz had said to her. He’d told her an eerily similar thing.

 

She truly was beginning to believe that maybe her boss had been right all along.

 

**

 

            Paige didn’t know how it happened, but somehow, she ended up in the passenger’s seat of JC’s car. It was a gorgeous classic car, restored to its former pride and glory; a cherry red Ford Thunderbird. Paige was almost afraid to move. The last thing she’d want to do was damage something and upset this possible psychopath.

 

            Anyway, Paige was so lost in her thoughts that she’d managed to get into JC’s car without hesitation. When reality dawned upon her, the reporter tried not to panic. She could only go with the situation with heightened awareness. Freaking out would let JC know that she suspected him.

 

            “This is a nice car…”

 

            “Thanks,” He looked over at her as he rolled down the street. The engine of his car purred quietly. “I always wanted to have a classic car. Nothing beats good old American ingenuity.”

 

            It surprised her that JC was an all American boy. Nothing should have surprised her when it came to any of the *NSync members.

 

            JC fiddled with the radio, flipping quickly as he stared at the road. He stopped suddenly and a low laugh came from him. Paige stared at him with curiosity. What was so funny about the Bon Jovi song that was coming through the speakers? She wanted to ask but something held her back. Instead, she sat back in her chair, studying him intently.

 

            This man was so handsome. He had striking features that was apparent to anyone. His eyes were a dazzling blue color that complimented his already striking bone structure. JC looked like someone out of a dream rather than a real person. A dangerous apparition that could destroy her.

 

            Ha. JC and Justin were more alike than they even realized.

 

            “This is probably the best song Bon Jovi ever made,” JC stated as he stared off quietly, both his hands gripping the steering wheel. “It’s funny how some music can get you through the toughest of times. Like a therapy.”

 

            Paige nodded in agreement but stayed silent. She studied JC, his actions seemed to be screaming something obvious out. She bit at her bottom lip, kneading it between her teeth

 

            “This romeo is bleeding, but you can't see his blood. It's nothing but some feelings, that this old dog kicked up,” The sound of his singing caught her off guard. It was so beautiful and so completely honest. Clearly JC related to this song… but how? “It's been raining since you left me, now I'm drowning in the flood. You see I've always been a fighter, but without you I give up.”

 

            “Always” by Bon Jovi was a clear cut song of a lost love. Paige tried to use her sketchy *NSync knowledge to try and pinpoint who exactly it could be about. No one came to mind. JC had always came across as a free spirit. The type who dated around but never settled down. Had there been someone that he cared for behind closed doors?

 

            Paige knew she was in for more research. She sighed and relaxed in her seat. Part of her wanted to just kick her shoes off and stop being a reporter. It had been a long time since she got the opportunity to just be silly and get to know someone without strange pretenses.

 

            “I can't sing a love song, like the way it's meant to be. Well, I guess I'm not that good anymore, but baby, that's just me.”

 

            “Too hell with it,” She thought to herself. She wanted to give in. Hell, at that moment she’d even admit that she wanted to give into Justin. That was dangerous and impossible, but giving in and kicking back with JC just seemed like so much fun. The uptight side of her was suddenly lost.

 

            “And I will love you, baby – Always,” Paige sang loudly and probably out of tune. A smile formed on her face and a giggle erupted from inside her. JC’s head quickly turned to look at Paige and he laughed with her, his hand removing itself from the steering wheel and reaching over to intertwine with hers.

 

            She almost pulled her hand away, but she didn’t move. In fact, she did the opposite of what she’d normally do. She squeezed JC’s hand gently, another giggle falling from her lips.

 

“And I'll be there forever and a day – Always. I'll be there till the stars don't shine, till the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme. And I know when I die, you'll be on my mind and I'll love you… always,” Their singing was in union. JC’s of course was in tune and beautiful to hear while Paige’s was barely tolerable, but the fact of the matter was that Paige was content. It’d been a long time since she’d felt like this. It was a nice change to kick back and not be an adult.

 

            That was Paige’s main issue too. She was always trying to be responsible and mature. Hell, she’d practically felt like an adult since age 14. The rare moments for letting loose were always cherished.

 

            “You a big Bon Jovi fan?” JC asked as a small breakdown began within the song.

 

            “Not a huge fan. There’s just a few good songs I like. I think he’s a bit overrated though. I’d rather listen to Sting.”

 

            “You aren’t like other people, are you?”

 

            Paige’s right eyebrow raised slightly at his question, “Um… is that a bad thing?”

 

            “Actually, its really good. Most girls love Bon Jovi because they think he’s hot, not because of his musical talents. Not to mention that you’re racking up the brownie points. Sting is my all time favorite musician.”

 

            Paige laughed at the excitement coming from JC. His rambling was probably the cutest thing she’d seen in a while.

 

            “You’re a girl after my heart, Paige,” The supposedly treacherous man chuckled.

             Silently, she hoped he really didn’t mean that. She couldn’t handle another deranged pop star trying to get with her.
Just Gimme Some Truth by lostinadreamx
Author's Notes:

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy the chapter!  and btw, this is the picture of Justin, JC and Britney. (or atleast a close picture. lol)

Justin brit JC

 

Chapter 12- Just Gimme Some Truth

 

"I'm sick to death of seeing things
From tight-lipped, condescending, mamas little chauvinists
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth now

Ive had enough of watching scenes
Of schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas
All I want is the truth now
Just gimme some truth"- "just gimme some truth" by John Lennon

 

 

            The last few years had been an emotional rollercoaster for both Trace and Justin. Both were ripped from their comfortable lives and thrown into a new and horrifying world where they were perceived as dangers. It had been a long time since either man had felt any sort of happiness; but that moment changed it all. The two best friend, brothers, were together again and momentarily shoved all testosterone to the side. Neither of them cared if tears were shed or if a hugs were exchanged. All that mattered to them was the extreme joy and the hope lingering in the air.

 

            After Paige had left, the two friends couldn't stop speaking; both constantly interrupting the other. There was just so much to say and not enough time in the world to speak it all.

 

            "I can't believe it's been two fucking years since I've seen your sorry ass," Trace looked over at his friend and grinned crookedly. "I think I can see a wrinkle, man."

 

            "Ha, yeah, and I think I see a bald spot on you," Justin teased his friend as they sat across from each other. Aside from the obvious, it really felt like nothing had changed in his friendship with Trace. It felt like they just picked up where they left off. It was relieving nonetheless. There was no awkward silence, no pity glances, no anger. It was still them and Justin was sure it would always be that way.

 

            Hell, Justin knew that when they were old and grey, they'd be sitting in the nursing home together, rehashing about old times. Trace was really one of the only people he could ever trust.

 

            "Fuck man, don't even joke about that. You know I'm OCD about my hair."

 

            Obviously, the joking had to come to an end.

 

            "I still can't comprehend what happened," Trace looked down at the table and then back up at Justin. "I've gone over it all in my head and I can't make any sense of it."

 

            "And you think I can?" Justin looked down at his handcuffed wrists, feeling nothing but guilt. If it wasn't for him, Trace wouldn't have spent the last two years in a mental institution. He'd messed up the lives of so many people. He just wanted to right everything, once and for all. "I'm just hoping that Paige can help us... and until then I want you to lay low. We can't have anyone finding out that you're out of the loony bin."

 

            Paige. Even speaking her name aloud sent a warm, gushy feeling throughout his body. She was his savior, his friend and ultimately, one of the only people who had even bothered to listen to him. For that alone he owed her more than he could even give.

 

            "J, can I ask you something... honestly?"

 

            "Yeah, anything, man."

 

            Trace swallowed hard, his eyes gazing from the ground, to the table and the walls; everywhere but Justin's direction, "Do you really trust her?"

 

            "All she does is prove to me that she's loyal... I trust her with my life."

 

            "J, I get that this girl is sweet and cute and whatever; fuck, if this were a different situation, I'd tell you to smash that right quick. But the truth is... this isn't a normal situation. This chick is writing a biography on you. She has an agenda and she will sell you out as quick as she can to make a buck," The shorter southern man explained. Justin seemed unconvinced. He just laughed and waved his hand dismissively.

 

            "You don't know her. She wouldn't do that to me," Justin said surely, glancing down at his handcuffed wrists and then back up at his friend. "Trace, she's not like other people. She's actually listening to me instead of throwing demands my way or pacifying me. She treats me like a person..."

 

            Justin smiled as he described Paige. Everything he said was true. She was probably one of the only people to look beyond the money and the public persona, and see the real Justin Timberlake; the man that so few really got to know. What Justin chose to omit from the conversation was how much Paige reminded him of Britney. That was one conversation that he really wasn't ready to have.

 

            Trace would flip out if he knew that Justin was looking at Paige as more than just some hot girl.

 

            "Justin... you really don't know this girl either..."

 

            The incarcerated man shook his head. This conversation needed to end before it went down an unnecessary path.

 

            "Just drop it, okay? I don't want to argue about this shit right now."

 

            "You're being irrational... you know better than to open up to some media bitch."

 

            Justin's jaw clenched tightly, "Shut up, Trace. I'm warning you, drop it. Just let her help us and keep your opinions to yourself."

 

            The last thing Justin wanted to do was fight with his friend during their reunion. Paige was just a sensitive subject for him; she'd so easily claimed a spot in his heart without even trying. But Trace was also very important to him, hell, that was an understatement in itself. Trace was like a brother to Justin and fighting with him was just something he couldn't handle right now.

 

            In the end, all he really wanted was some support.

 

"You know that me shutting up is not going to happen, but I won't sit here and argue with you. Not now at least. I just want you to be careful. Watch your back. Be cautious... I mean, you of all people should know that trust is something that needs to be earned..."

 

            "We can trust her... I know it. My Mom is like on top of this shit too man, you know she's like a Nazi when it comes to me. She's done her homework on this girl and for her to be satisfied, we definitely should be too."

 

            Trace let out a heavy sigh, "I guess I need to talk to your Mom then... just to get my own piece of mind."

 

            "Whatever it takes man..."

 

            What Justin didn't realize was that Trace would take his words literally.

 

**

 

            Paige quietly sat across from JC, wondering if this lunch was a mistake. Granted, it was lunch at a well lit public place, but she couldn't help but wonder if maybe she was falling into the same exact predicament she was in with Justin. Was she getting too close to her assignments? Was there an invisible boundary that she was crossing?

 

            The piano music playing lightly in the background was helping to ease her. She quietly wished she'd paid attention in her college music class so she could find out which composer had written such a beautiful song. She definitely needed relaxing music in her life, especially now that she was dealing with Justin Timberlake and company.

 

            She held the menu, pretending to skim through the specials, when in fact she was staring at JC, studying everything about him. His designer clothes and mannerisms were all subjected to her scrutiny. To the naked eye, he seemed like the picture of elegance; the perfect gentleman with manners and class that could rival those of a Royal family. It was a complete 180 from the man she'd interviewed previously.

 

            In the end, it left Paige with more confusion then ever. What made someone devious? Were there any clear cut signs of this like there were in cartoons? Was she just setting herself up for disaster?

 

            "Did you decide what you're getting?" JC asked, still reading over his menu as if it were a NY Times best seller. Paige forced her eyes down to her menu, picking out the first item she saw.

 

            "I was thinking about the chicken ratatouille."

 

            "Hm... that's really good... the croquet monsieur is also excellent."

 

            The French restaurant that JC had chosen for lunch was beyond exquisite. She was expecting a trip to a diner or a café, but upon arrival at the famed Ortolan restaurant, Paige suddenly felt out of place. Everyone around her was dressed in the finest European fashions and she stuck out like a sore thumb in her plain Anne Taylor work clothes. She was surrounded by the elite, the famous and the obnoxiously rich. How could she blend in with people of that stature? She was a nobody.

 

            Before Paige could fret anymore the waiter came over to the table and JC exhumed charm and class.

 

            "Could you please start us off with a bottle of Château Trotanoy, chilled."

 

            "How could someone like him even fathom doing something wrong? I can't even imagine it..." Paige thought to herself. "He's so refined..." She frowned as her train of thought changed to the negative. "...but then again, so was Hannibal Lector..."

 

            "I'll have the Steamed Turbot and the lovely lady will have the chicken ratatouille, correct?" His blue eyes flashed to Paige's knocking her out of her thoughts.

 

            "Y-yes."

 

            JC nodded at the waiter, smiling as he handed the waiter their menus. Paige watched as JC calmly folded his hands and rested them on the table, turning his complete attention onto her.

 

            "You're awfully quiet for someone who is supposed to be interrogating me," JC joked with a quiet laugh. Paige smiled and glanced down at the table; her fingertips gliding across the white lace of the table cloth. It was a nervous habit of hers, but JC had yet to pick up on it.

 

            "I'm sorry... I was just thinking about how completely wrong first impressions can be. Please don't take offense, but when I first met you... well, you seemed like every other sleazy Hollywood male, and now it's like I'm seated across from a completely different person."

 

            That was putting it extremely lightly on Paige's part. She hadn't forgotten how JC had thought she was a prostitute. Hell, she couldn't even wrap her mind around how someone as wealthy and good looking as JC would even need to pay for sex. She wondered why, but she didn't really have the backbone to ask why. She wasn't as strong as she'd like to be. That would forever be her downfall.

 

            "Ah..." The embarrassment flushed in JC's cheeks as the realization behind Paige's words hit him. "I'm sure I owe you an explanation for that."

 

            "No, you really don't..."

 

            "It's fine," Taking a sip of his water, JC began to speak; the melancholy tone of his voice took Paige by surprise. "I guess there really is no excuse for what I'm doing. I realize it's disgusting that I'm sleeping with harlots, but I guess it's my way of coping, or rather, not coping with reality."

 

            Now Paige was intrigued, JC was opening up to her. Maybe this would really give her the insight into his psyche and into his current situation with Justin.

 

            "How so?"

 

            "Because I'd be moving on and then I'd have to accept that my relationship with someone would truly be over. I guess I'm holding onto hope. Silly huh?"

 

            "Having hope isn't silly at all..." Paige tried to remember the old NSYNC trivia that she used to be so proud of having memorized. JC hadn't had many girlfriends... there was Bobbie, Nikki, Tara... who could he mean?

 

            And why was he telling her any of this?

 

            "I'm sure you find me pathetic for living in the past," JC shrugged his shoulders and sent a tight lipped smile at the waiter, as he set down two wine glasses and the wine bottle. After the waiter left, JC continued. "I guess I want to believe that one day she'll get well and we can finally have that life we always wanted..."

 

            The pieces slowly began to click into place. The picture JC had given Paige was one of Justin, JC and Britney, which was awkward looking. Almost like the two men were fighting for her attention. To make matters worse, Britney had actually lost her mind over the past few years.

 

            He was speaking about her.

 

            "JC... are you talking about Britney?"

 

            "Smart girl."

 

            Britney had been the key all along. She was part of the reason for the fighting between the two friends and she was probably the only one who could give her insight into Justin and JC's lives. Paige needed to talk to her.

 

            "So what happened?"

 

            "We fell for the same girl...it's an age old story with a bitter, happy-less ending," The blue eyed man spoke so calmly but with obvious devastation behind his serene blue eyes. "We were both relentless in trying to win her affections. I won't sit here and say that I didn't push Brit too hard or didn't act with any selfish intentions. I messed up... but the nail in the coffin will always be what Justin did to her. He manipulated her and Britney could never say no... she just didn't know how to, and it got her in trouble."

 

            "I'm just so... confused by all of this. How did it start and how did your relationship with Britney stay a secret?"

 

            "There are so many little details... I think it's best if we start at the beginning..."

 

            There was a moment of silence as JC's shoulders slumped. The look of despair on his face was heartbreaking. It was really like speaking about the situation with Britney was painful. Paige felt for him in that moment; she reached her hand across the table and gently squeezed his hand. It was a simple gesture, but it was just her trying to say that it'd be okay.

           

            "There are some things, that out of respect for Britney, I'm just going to leave out... but the jist of it begins with my crush on Britney. As children on MMC, I'd never thought of Brit in that light. She was just a sweet kid to me. After MMC ended, we really didn't keep in touch... it wasn't until 5 or so years later that she opened up for NSYNC on tour. She was probably the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I was completely flabbergasted by how much she'd changed and grown. At the same time, I knew that Britney was only 16 while I was 21 going on 22. Acting on my crush would have a lot of consequences... so I decided to keep my distance for a while and be friends... all the while, confiding in Justin and the rest of the group about how I felt. Big mistake on my part."

 

            Paige sighed, "It wasn't a mistake... they were your friends. You trusted them."

 

            "I was stupid to trust Justin specifically," JC shook his head and took a heavy gulp of his wine. Paige followed in suite; finding the wine a little strong for her, but not wanting to insult him by leaving a full glass. "The problem with Justin is that he can't stand when someone is happy. He's a jealous person and selfish person. He needs to be the best and have more than everyone else. That is what broke NSync, that's what broke Brit and that's what broke him. His fucking ego is a dangerous weapon."

 

            "But let me get back to the story... we all went out one night, to celebrate my birthday. I was thinking about finally coming clean with Brit... I mean, we could have snuck around for a year until she was legal. It wouldn't have been a big deal... but of course, Justin was with Britney the whole night. He claimed he was getting information for me. What a joke. He was making his own moves, getting close to her."

 

            "Why would he do that to you?" The brunette reporter frowned.

 

            "Like I said before, he's fucking selfish. He has to be number one at everything he does. Everything is a competition to Justin. It always has been and it always will be."

 

            The conversation was brought to an abrupt halt when the waiter came to the table and placed the two steaming plates down in front of them. With a nod and a smile, the waiter disappeared into a sea of people, leaving JC and Paige to restart their tense and awkward conversation. It was funny though; as crazy as the story was, she was still dying to hear more.

 

            "You were saying?" Paige stated after a moment of silence. Her eyes drilled a hole into him with urgency. JC knew that he had Paige, hook, line and sinker.

 

            "Oh, yes, I'm sorry. Well after my party, the rumors began about Justin and Britney having a romantic relationship," JC pursed his lips in annoyance as he reached for his fork and knife on the table. Delicately, he sliced into his dinner and began eating sensually. Paige was almost lost in delirium as she watched his perfect mouth move. Chewing each bite of food carefully. "It was unanimously decided for them by the higher powers, that they'd continue this charade for the benefit of sales. More rumors meant more publicity and more publicity meant more sales. It was a shitty deal because this kind of cock blocked me from being with Brit for the time being... but it was also a good thing because I got to see her on a pretty frequent basis. I didn't know though, that while I was getting close to Britney as friends, Justin was putting the moves on her romantically."

 

            Paige felt terrible for JC. He was lied to and his trust for Justin was destroyed. She silently wondered; was this enough of a motive for JC to set Justin up? Where did Lance fit into this? Hell, where exactly was Lance? Every bit of information was just making the story more vague instead of clearer.

 

            "So he dated her... and then tried to act like it was no big deal. It was so hard to sit back and fake a smile every time I saw them together. It made my stomach turn. I knew I'd be a better boyfriend, I knew I could make her happier... but I didn't have the opportunity to show her."

 

            JC stabbed at his lunch with force and Paige shifted nervously in her seat. JC obviously had some rage and unresolved issues concerning his past, but who didn't? Part of her wanted to believe that he wasn't all that bad. Hell, an even smaller but relevant part of her wanted to believe that he was telling the truth and Justin wasn't.

 

            Most of all, she wished that she could bury all her feeling of bias. They were just confusing her more than anything. All she wanted was the truth.

 

            "So you never got the chance to be with her?"

 

            "I did... but that comes with a twist."

 

            A twist? Paige couldn't fathom how another twist could even fit into this fucked up scenario.

 

            "Justin and Britney fought... a lot. Britney wanted more than Justin was capable of giving her but he was too selfish to let her go so she could find that. But whatever, every time Britney and J fought, I was there to comfort her and console her. I gave her confidence. I always tried to make Britney see that she was better... but she always went back to Justin. She always swallowed her pride and played the bad guy. It made me so sick to see this. To see her in pain, smiling through her tears. I got sick of it... so I made my move..."

 

            Paige quietly picked at her food as she listened intently. She knew there was so much that JC was leaving out. She almost wanted him to stop censoring himself. She wanted to know everything. It wasn't only because she wanted the story, it was just the fact that this was all so juicy. As horrible as it sounded, Paige was just enjoying the gossip. She was learning more about the band and about these public figures then any normal person would ever dream.

 

            Hell, when she was growing up, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were portrayed as the perfect couple. Everyone knew about Justin and Britney, hell, everyone wanted a relationship like theirs. They were perfect, they were in love...

 

            Or at least that's what it seemed like. Paige was learning quickly that nothing was as it seemed.

 

            "While she and Justin were broken up, Britney and I... we got together. It was a week of pure bliss, probably one of the happiest times of my life, you know? And then Justin snapped his fucking fingers and she came running. I didn't realize though... that Britney was scared of him," JC looked into Paige's eyes as he spoke. "He was obsessed with her... going as far as stalking her. Keeping tabs on her at all times, controlling her. It came to a point where I was literally pleading with Britney to just take off with me... but she didn't listen."

 

            Paige shivered at the sound of Justin's obsession, "I've heard that he has some strange habits. Hell, I've seen some strange behavior myself... but I didn't realize it was at such an intense and dangerous level."

 

            "Justin isn't well... and I just want you to be safe when around him. I know we don't know each other well, Paige, but I can see that you're a nice and compassionate woman. Just preys on people like you... he manipulates and lies, just so he can get anything he wants."

 

            Reaching across the table, JC ran his hand across Paige's. She shivered as she stared down at his fingertips, slowly massaging her hand. Part of her wanted to get the hell out of the restaurant, resign from her job and never think about any of these people again. She was completely terrified by everything she was learning about everyone; she couldn't trust a single one.

 

            At the same time, she felt torn. JC seemed so... normal. He wasn't trying to get into her pants the way Justin was and he had no clear cut signs of mental illness. He really seemed like a genuinely nice guy that might have gotten caught up in a mess that was bigger than him. Obviously there was a lot of proof that implicated JC... but there was much more than implicated Justin. She was finding herself wanting to trust JC more and more as time went on.

 

            She was falling under his spell. His intense, ice blue eyes and angelic smile sent her heart a flutter.

 

            She couldn't believe this was happening to her. She couldn't allow it to go any further.

 

            "Please Paige... I don't want you to get hurt..." Just then, JC grasped Paige's hand; pulling it towards his face, he placed an unexpected kiss on the back of her hand.

 

            "I um... Mr. Chasez, thank you for your time, but I really need to get going..." She pulled her hand back and stumbled out of her chair, shakily standing on her feet. Paige was grateful that she didn't tumble to the floor. Her knees had went to jell-o and she could barely support herself. "I'll be in touch..."

 

            "No... Paige, don't be like this..." JC motioned to the waiter for the check and stood up, his hand clasping Paige's thin arm. His hand was like fire against her skin, burning her down to her very soul. "You know today was a special day... don't run away from this, Paige..."

 

            "I sat and listened to you talk about your ex-girlfriend... Mr. Chasez, you are extremely mistaken if you thought this went beyond anything but a professional basis," Her voice nearly squeaked as she tried to sound confident and calm.

 

            "I know that isn't true... but if you insist on being so formal, I'll have to just find a way to convince you. I haven't finished telling my story and I'd like to see you again. Let's say we pick up where we left off on Friday at 9?"

 

            Friday at 9? Paige was sure she was hearing things. That sounded more like a date than a business meeting.... But how could she possibly say no? She needed the story... and some part of her just wanted to be close to JC. She felt ridiculous; like a child with a crush on someone unattainable.

 

            She was losing her mind.

 

            "Um... I guess..."

 

            "Perfect... I can pick you up from your house... what's your address?"

 

            "Uh... no... um how about we meet at your place instead. I mean, I already know how to get there so it'll be easy."

 

            "Okay, great," The waiter had made his way over to the twosome, with the bill in hand. JC handed his credit card to the waiter, not even bothering to look at the bill.  Prices just didn't seem to phase him. Paige couldn't imagine living that way. "Lunch is my treat. Dinner can be yours. See you then, gorgeous."

 

            Paige hurried out of that restaurant as quickly as she could. Getting home was the only option for her now. She just hoped that a day would come when a man wouldn't make her so damn nervous. In fact, all she wanted was peace. Little did she know was that it was nowhere in sight.

 

 

 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=168