Fate by ninabina
Summary:

On a random day in LA, Justin runs into someone he didn't expect to meet.  Part of the love series.


Categories: Completed Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Romance
Challenges: None
Series: The Love Series, Story Requests, The Shorts Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1391 Read: 1251 Published: Sep 15, 2009 Updated: Sep 15, 2009
Story Notes:

For someone (it was either MochaB or Meggie, I can't remember which at the moment because it's late) who asked for more of the love series, and for any of the rest of my (five) fans that like my work, lol.

 

1. Chapter 1 by ninabina

Chapter 1 by ninabina
Author's Notes:
It's kinda lame, but whaaaaaaaaatev. 

“Oh my God, what am I doing?” she asked to herself, mumbling as she tried to fix her hair for the fifteenth time.  She was going out on her first date with Justin Timberlake.

 

It was a chance encounter really, something completely random and happenstance.  She was on her way to buy some vinyl at Amoeba Records in LA, and he was on his way out from grabbing a coffee at Starbucks, caramel machiatto in hand and blackberry in the other.

 

With both of their heads buried in their mobile devices, neither saw the other approaching.  By the time they realized their was another person in their way, there was caramel machiatto drenching both of their clothes, and articles of clothing and material items scattered amongst the sidewalk near the implosion.

 

“Oh my God....” she grumbled, her voice in a high squealed pitch that matched the shock registering on her face.  

 

“Oh my, I’m so sorry,” he replied.  HIs face was handsome, featuring just a slight bit of stubble on his facial features.  He had a beanie on, since it was near-winter (as if that exists in Southern California), and his jacket covered his features.  His eyes were serene, and a deep hue of blue that she had never seen before.

 

“I just...holy shit,” she finished, looking back down at her sweater.  She didn’t even recognize him.  Him, Justin Timberlake.  Not a clue.

 

By the time she glanced back up at him, she had expected him to say something more, but he didn’t.  He just looked on, eyeing her curiously, as if he were waiting for her to scream, freak out, or frail.  All she could think was, “he must do this often with bad responses.”

 

He looked on in awe, still waiting for her to recognize him, but that moment never came.  For the first time, he was intrigued by a woman.  When you’re the King of Modern Pop, you get used to the idea that you can have any woman you want just on your pure status alone.  He NEVER ran into a person in the last five years that didn’t bow down at his feet, desperately seeking his approval, his touch, or his body.

 

“I, uh...I’m really sorry about the coffee.  I didn’t mean to spill it all over you.  I just, was busy texting.  I guess it’s true...you shouldn’t text and walk, either.”  He let out a hearty chuckle, still waiting for her to register and freak out.

 

“Oh, right.  Yeah...I mean, it sucks...but it’s okay.  It happens.  I was texting too, so I guess we’re both guilty as charged.”

 

And just like that, she was going to walk away.  But of course, he wasn’t going to let a girl like that slip away from him that easily.  He gently reached in and grabbed her arm, pulling her back to him ever so slightly.

 

 

“Please...it’s the least I could do, to let me take you out tonight and buy you a new top, and maybe take you to dinner.  It’s my fault, after all.”

 

“Oh, no,” she blushed.  Boy, he was handsome.  “That’s not necessary, just some coffee.”  She moved to walk away again.

 

“No, please...I insist,” he pressed.

 

She shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts, the sound of her phone buzzing pulling her away.  She glanced down at the text message from her best friend.

 

You r all over news.  Can’t believe ur going on a date with JT! OMG!

 

She rolled her eyes.  She had no idea who this guy was when she ran into him, and ever since then, things spiraled out of control.  Apparently, photographers had snapped them in a compromising position, and it was now spinning on ever major news outlet available.  The lease she could do at this point was to get a date out of it, even if she still had no idea who the guy was.

 

Just as she was about to text Alicia back, she heard the doorbell.  She glanced at her hair one last time before making a beeline for the door.  As she opened it, she was prepared to give him a tongue lashing for the news deal, but he was standing there with the biggest bouquet of roses she had ever seen.

 

“Hi,” he smiled.  His teeth were white, shiny, and insanely perfect.  His hair was slightly pulled into a fauxhawk, and he was wearing a very trendy, sleek looking outfit.  His jeans were dark, pegged at the bottom, and he was wearing a white button down with a gray pinstriped vest.  He definitely had style.  “Sorry, I’m a little late...traffic on the 405 was a little crazy.”

 

He smiled again, and she couldn’t help but swoon a little. 

 

“Oh....no problem.  I....” she started, but he interrupted.

 

“Please...take these flowers.  They’re for you.  May I come in?” he asked, slightly bashful.

 

“Oh, right.  Yes,” she laughed nervously.  “Stupid me...” she trailed.  She gently took the flowers and made her way into the house, letting him follow behind her.

 

He watched the way her hips swayed as she walked into the house, just taken by the fact that this woman was normal, that she knew nothing of his fame, his money, or his status.

 

When she finally came back to him, flowers taken care of and purse in hand, he held his elbow out to her.

 

“I was hoping you’d first allow me to say how utterly beautiful you look in that dress,” he started.  “And then I was hoping you’d like Italian, ‘cause I made us some wonderful reservations.”

 

She was about to protest, to make a comment about who he was and the news, but how could she resist his charm.  She loved Italian, and his comments were making her blush.

 

“Italian is great,” she finished.  

 

They walked out to his car, and he did the honor of not only opening her door, but helping her inside as well.  She was shocked at the beautiful leather interior of the red porsche, and she was even more shocked when he got in and started it.  It really did sound like a tiger purring.

 

She was about to say something, but the car jutted out of the driveway like it was the easiest thing to do since sliced bread.  She was even more shock when she felt the soft pads of his fingers leave the stick shift to pull her hand into his.

 

Is this really happening right now?

 

It wasn’t long before they reached the Italian restaurant on the beach, overlooking the water.  They valeted the car, and as soon as they were outside, his hand was on the small of her back, and he was escorting her inside.  

 

Arriving and being seated was a blur, too stunned by the gorgeous dining area and its patrons.  Everyone seemed so beautiful and so fancy, and she instantly felt out of place.  She wasn’t this fancy.

 

But just as she was about to say something for the millionth time that night, he interrupted her.

 

“I just wanted to say thank you for agreeing to let me pay you back for spilling coffee on you.  I’m sure you’ve heard the news and everything by now, but I just...you were so sweet.  You didn’t know who I was, and I just...there was something really honest and serene about that, and I thought it would be really great to take you on a date.”

 

“I was just about to mention that.  I just....why me?” she asked curiously.  “I’m nobody, and you’re some famous...musician.”

 

“As I said...its hard to find an honest woman, and even more rare to find one that’s beautiful.  It’s also note every day that I run into one and spill coffee on her.  And, my momma did raise me right, and I had to make it up to you,” he replied.

“Well, thank you...that’s admirable, but definitely not necessary,” she smiled.

 

“It is with you, my dear.  It is with you.  And this is just the beginning,” he winked.

 

And somehow, she knew that he wasn’t lying.  This was only the beginning.

End Notes:

so...

kind of a lame ending, I know.  but I didn't really want to get any more involved, or I'd have to make it a long chapter, and I didn't want to do it.  I just wanted it to represent young love.  the feeling of that first date, you know?  I dunno.  My last two stories have been awful, I'm sorry. 

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1547