I Could Try To Fight It by Jorie611
Summary: JC finds himself loving his best friend, afraid to say anything about it. Yet, his brother and Justin want him to just tell her already. Will he try to fight it and deny his feelings to Mel or will he find the courage to tell her how he really feels?
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake
Awards: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 5060 Read: 5139 Published: Jan 23, 2009 Updated: Jan 28, 2009
Story Notes:
I know I have a bad track record with my writing, but I'm hoping this will be the story to finally end it. I swear it'll get finished.

1. Part 1 by Jorie611

2. Part 2 by Jorie611

3. Part 3 by Jorie611

Part 1 by Jorie611
Author's Notes:
Please be kind and leave a review! Thanks!

JC had just returned home from filming another episode of America’s Best Dance Crew. He was tired and ready to just go check his email, before passing out on his bed. He didn’t really want anyone or anything to stop him from doing so….yet with his bad luck, his brother, Tyler was home.

Tyler was sitting in a chair at the counter in the kitchen, sipping on a beer. Once JC had walked through into the kitchen, Tyler looked up at him and cried out. “Hey bro! Glad you’re home. We need to talk.”

JC quickly shook his head. “No. I just want to go upstairs and…”

“And wallow in your own self-pity that you haven’t told Melissa that you love her.” Tyler interjected.

JC immediately tensed up and tossed his brother a look of ‘don’t even go there’.

“Oh come on, Josh. This is exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. You have to tell her. I’m sick of my 32 year old brother acting like a little boy who has no balls.”

JC tossed him a bored look. “ Tyler, it’s my business and it’s my love life. Let me act how I want to act. I don’t see you telling Brooke you love her.”

“That’s different. The future is uncertain for me and Brooke, but you and Mel could have a whole damn fairytale. I’ve watched the way you two act and this best friends thing is bullshit. You’re like Beauty and the Beast, Romeo & Juliet, Lady & the Tramp, and..and..”

JC held up his hand and cut him off. “And just shut up, bro!”

Tyler stopped talking and then he hopped off his chair. He then grabbed a bag off of the kitchen table and handed it to JC. “Here…Mel came over while you were taping and dropped off cookies. Plus she asked for you to call her. She wants to go to Starbucks soon and well…you’re coffee buddies.”

JC accepted the bag of cookies and simply nodded. Then he hurried out of the kitchen before Tyler could get on his case again.

Once JC was in the comfort of his bedroom, he let out a sigh as he collapsed on his bed. It was so good to be laying down and alone with his thoughts. Alone with the cookies was a nice thing too. JC stuck his hand in the bag and grabbed a huge chocolate chip cookie. He moaned at how delicious it was after taking a huge bite. Melissa made the best homemade cookies and JC was thankful she did little things like this for him. It made him love her even more.

He set the cookies down on his nightstand and then he reached in his pocket for his cell phone. He knew he had to call Melissa and truthfully…he wouldn’t mind hearing her voice.

After swallowing the last bite of the cookie, he licked his lips and dialed Melissa’s number. He held his phone up to his ear and then waited for her to pick up.

“…Hey, Jace.” Her sweet voice said a moment later on the other line.

“ Mel, honey. Thanks for the cookies. Delicious as always.” Her girlish laughter followed at his compliment.

“You know it. Always the best cookies for you. So I’m glad you called me back. I didn’t realize you had started taping your show again tonight.”

“Oh..it’s okay. It just sucks I wasn’t home when you came by.” He said with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

“Don’t sound so sad. I’m sure Tyler told you I want to go to Starbucks soon, so how about Thursday?” He could imagine her smile as she asked the question and it made him smile.

“Yeah, sounds good to me. I don’t have any studio time booked then.”

“Awesome. I’ll meet you there Thursday at 11 A.M., so don’t sleep in, sleepy.” Mel teased. She knew he had a habit of sleeping in when he could.

He chuckled. “I won’t. I’ll even set my alarm to some obnoxious setting and it’ll get me out of bed like magic. Lord knows I can’t miss Starbucks with Mellie.”

“Damn straight!”

“For sure. So how was Mellie’s day?” He asked, always curious to know how his best friend was doing.

“Well…Mellie’s day was business as usual. Eat some bishes for breakfast, buy some killer kicks, look at a couple amazing lofts, bake some cookies, and….oh yes, talk to some dorky guy on the phone.” Her response caused JC to bust out in laughter and Mel grinned on the other line, loving how she could cause him to laugh.

Once JC gained his composure, he spoke again. “So who was this dorky guy?”

“Mmm…does the name JC Chasez, ring a bell?” JC then gasped in feigned hurt.

“That’s my name. You’re mean. So very mean.”

“Ohh..cry me a river. If I didn’t love dorks, you wouldn’t be my best friend. You know I love you, shitty.”

He grinned, knowing it was true. JC and Melissa were best friends and had been almost since the day Melissa moved to LA. She was at a nightclub, getting her first taste of Hollywood life, after unpacking some stuff in the little apartment she could afford. She hadn’t expected to bump into any celebrities so soon, but that night at Crimson, JC and some of his buddies were celebrating a friend’s birthday. She knew who he was as soon as she saw him, but had hidden her fan girlish tendencies. To her JC was a real person, just like everyone else, and she kept her cool. She just went about her business, dancing out on the dance floor. Mel was just enjoying herself in the sea of people, until she felt some cool liquid hit her arm and then her dress. She turned and that’s when she saw JC had bumped into her and his drink ended up splashing on her. His big blue eyes met hers with embarrassment and he started apologizing right away. Mel had accepted his apology and insisted it was all okay. Yet, JC, being the nice guy, ordered Melissa a drink and they ended up talking to each other the rest of the night. Their personalities were compatible and an instant bond had formed. From then on, they had been a major role in each other’s lives and very much still were.

“Mmm..I know. You just have a funny way of showing it sometimes.” He mused.

She chuckled. “Just part of my charm.”

JC let out a yawn and as much as he tried to hide it, it was loud enough for Melissa to hear.

“Sounds like you need sleep. I won’t keep you any longer.”

“No, it’s okay. I’m still awake. Talk to me.” He insisted. Though Mel knew better, knowing that JC needed his beauty sleep.

“Just sleep. You can talk all you want to me later. Right now you’re very tired and I know it. Don’t lie, Jace.” He sighed, knowing she was right. He just loved how she seemed to know what he needed or wanted and made sure he got it.

“Ughhh..fiiine. I’m hanging up and shutting my eyes.” The defeat evident in his voice.

“Good. Night, JC.”

“Night, Mel.”

Then he ended the call and put his phone away. He turned on his side and snuggled under his covers. Soon enough he was met with sleep. Sleep that would provide him with dreams and most nights his dreams were about his best friend.

Part 2 by Jorie611

Thursday had arrived and the annoying sound of JC’s alarm clock rang throughout his bedroom. He saw 10:00 flashing in red lights as his tired eyes opened. He let out a groan and hid his face in his pillow, not wanting to look at the time. Yet, he quickly popped up once he remembered why he had set the alarm and had to get up.

Starbucks with Mel.

JC made sure the alarm wouldn’t ring again and then slid out of bed, wiping a hand over his tired face. He needed to wake up and not look so pitiful when he saw Mel. He didn’t want to look too much like a ragged bum.

He walked over to his adjoining bathroom and looked in the mirror. He hadn’t shaved in a couple days. His scruff was visible, but he decided to screw it. Mel was his best friend, regardless if he had deeper feelings, and she had seen him at his worst. She wouldn’t care as long as he showed up on time.

JC brushed his teeth and washed his face. Then he put some deodorant on and some of his cologne. Not that it would necessarily make Mel fall for him, but it didn’t hurt to smell good around her.

Once he was done, he went into his huge walk-in closet and perused the racks and racks of clothing he had. He felt like today could easily be a hoodie and jeans kind of day. The sun was out, but there was still enough of a chill going on by LA standards. He picked out a gray hoodie that had tattoo prints by Ed Hardy. It was definitely comfortable and casual. He also picked out a black hat, not wanting to have to style his hair. It would be easier to hide the bedhead with. Then lastly he picked out some jeans that were a little looser than his normal skinny kind.

Once JC put the whole ensemble on his body, he was feeling good to go. He even felt little butterflies in his stomach, just knowing that he was meeting up with Mel. He really hoped he could hold it together. In his mind it would be horrible to blurt out ‘I LOVE YOU MELLIE!’ and surprise the shit out of her at Starbucks.

After making his way downstairs and grabbing his wallet, car keys, and Blackberry, JC headed to the garage to get into his Mercedes. Once he slid in and buckled up, he put the garage door up and drove on his way. The ride to Starbucks was fast. Though JC wished it would’ve been longer. Ever since he’d admitted to himself that he loved his best friend, it was a trying time to be around her. Yet, he would manage. He was JC Chasez. One calm, cool cat.

After pulling up to the Starbucks and finding a spot, JC got out of his car. He strolled down the little bit of sidewalk and smiled. Sitting at one of the outside tables was Mel. Her back was to him, but he knew her from any angle. He grinned widely as he realized she was wearing a pink hoodie he’d given her for her birthday. It made him happy to know that his gift was useful and well…she looked cute in it.

He decided he’d sneak up on her. He walked slowly so she wouldn’t hear his footsteps and then when he reached her, his hands went to her shoulders.

Mel jumped at the touch and she cried out. “Hey! Get your hands..”

“It’s me.” He chuckled. This caused Mel to turn around and she calmed down, seeing him.

“Thank god…I was about to whoop some ass. Don’t scare me like that.”

“Yeah…yeah.” Mel just shook her head at him.

“So I didn’t get my drink yet…I was waiting for you. So I guess we can get our drinks now.” JC nodded and then he stopped Mel from getting up, as he saw her starting to move.

“Don’t. I’ll get it.”

“You don’t know what I like, shitty.”

“50 bucks says I do.” She laughed.

“Well I ain’t giving your pop star ass normal folks money.”

Now it was his turn to laugh. “Ugh…just let me get your drink. You’ll be surprised.”

Mel just motioned for him to go ahead and get their drinks. JC grinned and he headed into the café.

He looked up at the menu board just to double check his assumption and he also picked out his own drink.

“I’d like a venti caramel mocha frappuccino and a grande chai latte.” He ordered when it was his turn. Then he paid the barista for both of their drinks.

A few minutes later JC returned to the table outside with the drinks and saw Mel looking sad. He set the drinks on the table and then sat own in a chair. He scooted his chair beside Mel’s and he looked at her. “Hey…something wrong?” He asked gently.

She shook her head, but kept her head down. Her hands were also holding onto her phone. It was like she was reading a text or something.

“Mel..just tell me. Let me know what’s wrong.” He tried coaxing her. He didn’t ever like to see her like this.

She let out a sigh and then slowly looked up at him. “It’s just….I was suppose to go back home to see my niece be born and well no one called to tell me that my brother’s baby mama was going to have a C-section this morning. I just got a text that my niece was born a couple hours ago and that everything looked good so far.”

JC knew that Mel was a sucker for her first-born niece and there was no doubt she would be a sucker for her second niece as well. He remembered her saying how she planned to fly back home once it got closer to the baby’s birth to be there. Apparently that didn’t happen and he knew it really had to put a pang in Mel’s heart.

“Ohhh..Mel. I’m sorry, honey. I wish someone in your family would’ve like said something. Maybe…it was just decided like yesterday or something and they didn’t wanna burden you with catching a redeye flight?”

Mel shrugged. “Eh..I don’t know. It’s not your fault. Don’t apologize.”

“I know, but I know how much you wanted to be there.”

“I did…” She sighed with a frown adorning her face once more.

He saw the frown and it caused him to make his own frown. Her emotions affected him and it was just part of the bond. Yet..he prayed and hoped maybe one day she’d feel even deeper about their bond.

“But..maybe you can get some pictures sent to you and maybe you can fly out soon and see the baby.” He said, mustering up his signature smile.

“Yeah..you’re right…I guess I’m just more upset about it because the doctors didn’t know if the baby would make it after she was born and I could’ve easily never gotten to see my niece ever.” She said with another sigh.

JC scooted even closer and then he put his arms out. “Come on…you need a hug.”

She finally smiled then and extended her arms, wrapping them around him. JC grinned and wrapped his arms tightly around Mel. He rested his chin against the top of her head and just hugged her. He could smell her sweet vanilla perfume and it was sex to his senses. Plus just feeling her and having her closeness, well it made him not want to let go.

Mel laughed as she buried her face in his shoulder. “Damn, shitty. Do you have a date after our coffee party? You certainly smell like a walking poster child for Abercrombie Fierce.”

“Ughhh…no.” He chuckled. “I just thought you didn’t want me all smelly.”

“Well considering you’re hugging me right now, it’s a good thing you don’t smell.” She joked.

Then Mel slowly started pulling away, feeling better already. His hug made her feel like she had someone who cared and understood what was going on with her. Mel would book a flight as soon as she got back to her apartment to go see her new niece.

Yet, Mel wasn’t able to pull away all the way. JC kept his grip on her. He found himself really not letting go and almost daydreaming as he took in more of her vanilla scent.

“Jace?”” She said to get his attention.

“Hmm..”

“Umm…you gonna let me go?” That’s when he realized what he was doing. He had definitely not hugged Mel that long before. He quickly pulled his arms off of her.

“Sorry about that. I just thought you needed a good, long hug.” She chuckled.

“That’s what you have me, indeed. I was worried you weren’t going let me go ever.” At those words, JC sighed. What if he really didn’t wanna let go over her ever?

“It’s a good thing you stopped then, huh?” He joked and then he grabbed Mel’s frappuccino off the table, handing it to her.

“Oh my god…you got me a venti!” She cried out.

“What?” He asked slightly confused.

“A venti! Do I look like I need a freaking venti?!”

“Oh come on..Mel. Don’t worry about your weight. You know you’re great the way you are.” Mel laughed.

“Lies! Lies! Lies!”

“Nope..I speak the truth, but if you really feel the need you can work out with me at the gym soon.”

Mel sipped her frappuccino and then grinned widely. “ Oh yay…you got the flavor right! I’m sorry..I guess you knew your stuff after all.”

He grinned. “See..I know my Mellie’s Starbucks favorite.”

He did know that along with many other things. He knew so much about Mel that it was almost disgusting that the two weren’t dating. He had observed her so much and collected so many little details. He was smitten with her. He just had to get the guts to say something.

“You do. Good boy, Chasez.” She grinned and sipped some more. Then she set her drink down.

“You know what..I think I might take you up on the gym offer. I mean..just one venti frap has like a bajillion calories.” JC rolled his eyes.

“You’re fine. You’re absolutely fine.”

“Psh…says the man so skinny that he could snap like a twig.”

JC patted his stomach then. “See…I’ve got something there. I ain’t no twig no more. I actually eat unlike when I toured in Europe for *NSYNC.”

Mel laughed. “Okay..whatever…keep telling yourself that.”

“I will.” He said matter-of-factly.

He then reached for his chai latte and sipped some of it down. Mel watched him and giggled.

“You and your pansy chai drinks. Plus you got a grande. Now why would you get a grande and get me a venti?”

He looked at her once he stopped drinking. “So you could get more of the sugar you’re missing ‘cause right now you aren’t so sweet!” He shot back with snarkiness.

She gasped and then shook her head in amusement. “Oh gosh..I think I just got burned. My life wouldn’t be complete without your smart ass.”

“Don’t you know it.” He smirked.

“Oh I do.” She said and picked up her frappuccino again. She slurped it down contently, enjoying the tasty drink.

 

After they both finished their drinks, Mel looked at her watch and then slowly stood up from her chair.

“I’ve got to get going, Jace. I have this meeting soon with Justin. I guess he wants me to work on the William Rast website since I’m all tech savvy. Plus he said he’d give me some good money to save up for the loft I’ve been wanting.”

‘Wait? What? You and Justin are having a business meeting?”

“Yesssireee.”

“How come I didn’t know about this before?”

“’Cause you’re not all-knowing, Chasez.” She smirked.

He rolled his eyes. “Well..don’t let Justin work you too hard.”

“I’ll let him work me all he wants. I need the money, Jace.”

JC replayed her words back in his mind. Oh gosh..yeah he totally let his mind go down the gutter and it was a disturbing thought.

“I know..you do. It’s honorable, Mel. You come to LA as this good Midwestern girl and you earn your own money to get a loft, instead of mooching off your rich celebrity friends.”

‘Exactly. I knew you understood.”

“Mmhmm…”

She then moved over to the trash and tossed her empty cup away. JC then stood up and moved next to her, tossing his empty cup away as well.

“So..I guess I’ll call you later, JC. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. I don’t know. I might even end up going out of town to see my niece.”

JC nodded his head. “Okay..well no matter what I know I’ll be seeing or talking to you soon.”

She smiled and then she gave JC a quick hug goodbye. “Okay, later, shitty.”

He accepted the hug and then watched her start to go on her way. He felt like he had to say something and that he just had to stop her. He knew she was only walking away from him for the day, but it felt like forever.

He quickly found his voice. “Mel!”

She turned her head hearing him call at her and took a few steps back toward him. She grinned, awaiting what he needed to say.

“I..I..”

“You what?”

“I..love..” He began and mentally said ‘you’ , but stopped it from being said verbally. “your hoodie.”

She laughed. “You love my hoodie? You bought it for me, dork.”

“Yeah..I know. I’m just glad I bought it for you.”

“Me too, Jace. It’s so comfortable.”

He sighed and then he closed the gap between him and Mel. “Well..okay, I won’t keep you any longer.”

Then he placed a very quick peck to her cheek. “Good luck with Justin. Do your thang, honey.”

She grinned. “Thanks. I will. Bye.”

“Bye.” He then he watched her head down the sidewalk to her car.

He stood there with his hands in his jean pockets and just watched her every step. He let out a sigh and then he turned around and went on his own way.

End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed and reviews are appreciated!
Part 3 by Jorie611

JC stepped inside his home, having just gotten back from his get together at Starbucks with Mel. He walked into the kitchen and found Tyler grabbing some juice out of the fridge.

“I didn’t realize you’d be home at this time.” JC said, surprised to see him.

Tyler poured some orange juice for himself and turned around to see his big brother. “Ohhh…yeah..my class for today got canceled.”

“Ahh..okay.”

“Wasn’t today the day you were seeing Mel?” Tyler inquired.

JC nodded his head.

“Did you tell her?”

“What do you think, Ty?”

He chuckled. “I take it as you didn’t.”

“That’s correct. I just still couldn’t say it. It’s hard for those words to slip off of my lips.”

Tyler reached his hand out and patted JC’s back. “I know….but you can do it. I mean..not many girls have said ‘no’ to my brother. I don’t think Mel will turn you down or disown you for loving her.”

JC tossed him a small smile and nodded. “Thanks.”

Tyler nodded and smiled. “So how did it go? What did you two chat about?”

“It went okay. She got upset because her niece was born and she wasn’t there for the birth. So I gave her a hug.”

“I bet you enjoyed that.” Tyler smirked.

“Ummm…yeah. More than I should’ve. I actually hugged her far too long and she asked me to let go.”

Tyler laughed. “Ohhh..Josh. You think she suspected anything?”

JC shook his head. “Nah, bro. I think Mel would be clueless. I played it off well.”

“Ahhh..well. You better tell her how you feel soon. I don’t know how you’ll be able to play off a kiss, if you give in to your urge and kiss her.”

He sighed. “That’s a good point, but I don’t even want to think about it.”

“You’re a wuss.”

“Am not.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Just freaking tell her then!” Tyler screamed and then he laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation.

“Maybe later. She’s kind of busy right now. I don’t want my confession screwing up her work.”

“Ohh..did she get some new project or something?”

JC nodded. “Yup.”

“What?”

“She is working with Justin on the website for his clothing line. I just found out right before she had to leave for a meeting with him.”

“That’s cool. I’m sure she’ll do a great job on it.” JC nodded and sighed.

“What is it?” Tyler asked.

“Nothing….really. Well..I guess I just wish I knew Justin was giving her the job before she had accepted it. It’s like she’s my best friend and Justin was my best friend too. I’m the link that brought them together.”

“Josh…they are friends too. It’s not like Justin has to go through you to get to Mel. I know they met through you, but seriously…you’re acting like you already own her or something. She’s not your girl yet. You have to tell her how you feel first.”

JC sighed and then he grabbed himself a beer from the fridge. “Yeah…I know…it’s just hard.”

“Well no one ever said love was easy.”

JC then mustered up a smile. “Don’t start being wise on me, Ty.”

“Okay. I’ll stop. Just let me know when you finally do something about it and aren’t a freaking pansy.”

JC then flipped his brother off and shook his head as he walked out of the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Mel was at her meeting with Justin and the two of them were currently working on the William Rast website.

The business aspect of the hiring had been taken care of and Mel had crossed her Ts and dotted her Is on a formal contract. Now they were just brainstorming and fooling around on the computer together like friends.

Even for being a professional guy when it came to his clothing line, Justin couldn’t be like that with Mel. She was too good of a friend and her personality was just bubbly. Working with her was just informal. Plain and simple.

“Justin, thanks again for asking me to help you out and do this.” Mel said messing around with the background of the site. She was deciding what color would work best.

“It’s not a problem, Mel. I’m glad to have you as part of the team.” He grinned at her.

“I told Jace this morning how much I’m looking forward to saving up for my loft now. This job with you will totally help.”

Justin’s ears perked up even more at the mention of his friend. “Ohh..you saw, C? How did that go?”

She nodded her head as she clicked away at the computer. “Yeah, we met at Starbucks. It was pretty much the usual. Us throwing witty banter back at each other.”

Justin laughed. “Of course.”

“But he gave me a really long hug today. I was upset about missing my niece’s birth, which in fact I’m going to fly out there tomorrow. I was able to book a flight just before I got to your office.”

Justin listened and nodded. “Well congrats, Mel. I’m sorry you weren’t there, but I’m sure you’ll have fun going back East and seeing the new niece.”

“Yup, indeed. Aunt Mellie loves her nieces.”

Justin smiled and then he narrowed his eyes at her. “Now..what was it you were saying about this long hug?”

“Jace gave me a very long hug. It was kinda funny.”

“Ohhh….well you know, C. He likes having all the ladies close to him.”

Mel then busted out laughing at Justin’s remark.

“Or he’s getting old and forgetting to let go of the person he’s hugging.” It was then Justin’s turn to laugh.

He quickly sobered up then and he sighed. He knew exactly how JC felt about Mel and he had to try and push Mel in the right direction.

“Mel, when was the last time you saw C with a girl?” She shrugged her shoulders as she fixed the layout of the website, having finalized the background.

“Exactly. He probably needed that hug more than you know.”

“Mmm..maybe. Though he hasn’t complained to me about not having anyone. I think he rather likes the bachelor life. He’s good at brief hook-ups and kissing girls when he needs a kiss, but otherwise his commitment phobia is still strong as whiskey.”

Justin knew she was right. JC did have a phobia about relationships. Yet, Justin also knew it was the fact that he was in love with his best friend, that scared JC the most.

“I don’t know…he might just be waiting for the right girl to come along. Which you never know. She could be right under his nose.”

Mel didn’t take Justin’s words too seriously. It was evident in her response. “Eh…who knows.”

Justin looked at the computer screen then and saw the improvements Mel was making already.

“You’re good, girl. This site is already looking more professional and accessible.”

Mel grinned. She turned and then looked at Justin carefully. She loved the sleek suit he had on and his hair was nice shaven. His beard was well-groomed and his scent was just to die for. They were friends and well now boss and employee as well, but Mel couldn’t deny that Justin was a good looking guy.

Justin could feel her staring at him and he swallowed hard. “…What?”

“Mmm..nothing.”

Justin chuckled. “Come on..I know you had something to say.”

Mel licked her lips and bit down on her bottom lip. “Well…what if I wanted to kiss you?”

“Excuse me? What was that?”

She nudged him in the shoulder. “You heard me. What if I wanted to kiss you?”

Justin started laughing like it was the most ridiculous thing ever. He was shocked by her question indeed, but he also had to play it off. He didn’t want her thinking that he would actually allow her to kiss him.

“Come on, Mel. You don’t want to kiss me. Plus, I’m sort of your boss now. You can’t mack on me.”

Mel rolled her eyes. “Oh please. We’re not that professional, J.”

“Yeah, I know, but…you just can’t kiss me.”

Mel really didn’t care what he was telling her. She couldn’t pretend she didn’t like the way he looked today and that she didn’t want to lay a big old kiss on him. Truth was, he was Justin Timberlake, and even if they had been friends for awhile, she was still entitled to feel fan girly for him.

Mel stopped playing around with the mouse and the incessant clicking sound stopped. She then turned her chair and she tugged on the nice silk tie Justin had on.

“Just..let me kiss you. Then I can live knowing whether it was good or not.”

Justin couldn’t deny the fact that he thought Mel was attractive too. Yet, she wasn’t his and never would be. He knew she was perfect for JC and he honestly wanted the two to get together. Justin was just waiting on JC to confess his love for Mel.

“Melissa.” He said.

She let go of his tie, knowing he was serious when he called her by her real first name.

“Yeah?”

“I can’t let you kiss me. You just really need to talk to JC.”

She tossed him a puzzled look. “What does he have to do with this?”

“He has something to tell you and if you kissed me, I’d feel like shit.”

Mel gasped. “Oh no…don’t tell me he’s going to come out of the closet and that he’d be mad that I kissed you because you’re secret gay lovers!”

Justin rolled his eyes, even if he did find it amusing.

“No, it’s not that. I can promise you that much.”

“Okay..well, whatever. Your loss that you don’t get to taste my cherry chap stick.” Mel smirked.

End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Leave a review if you feel compelled. :)

This story archived at http://nsync-fiction.com/archive/viewstory.php?sid=1300